The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:25 am

There was some time before you get a reply.
"Mr Wainwright, forgive the late reply this phone have the sound turned of as Beatrice is currently sound sensitive and easy to scare. Yes back in the day we did clean our teeth with twigs, if you where well of you had a bit of vinegar as well for a better result. Yes B keeps around a box of living apple seeds in case she needs to make something alive. I will make a few twigs for Gloria and have them ready for someone to pick up and bring to her."
You eventually get back when there is only about fifteen minutes or so left until the food is ready.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:32 am

Colin smiled and tapped out a message to Darrian, "Master Nassa will have a few twigs made ready at Beatrice's apartment. I'll prepare a small tray for Lady Ceris here at my apartment, in some fifteen minutes."
Then he sent a quick message to Freddy, "About fifteen minutes until lunch is served, dessert is coming along nicely."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:44 am

You get a reply back from Darrian.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright I will ask the next person I see down here to come and pick the food and the twigs up for Lady Ceris."

You also get a reply from Freddy.
"Ok sounds great, I will be right over."

Then minutes later there was a knock on your door. Freddy had changed her attire from her jeans and tshirt to a bright yellow dress with game controller print but she had not had time to dress up any more than that. When she sees you the Virtual Adept give you a bright smile, though she did seam a bit worried, probably about Francesca.
"Hi Colin."
Freddy said as she saw you.
"I have to say something do smell great from the direction of your kitchen."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:14 am

Colin smiled and put the lid on the tray for Gloria, padding it with a couple of kitchen towels to preserve heat a bit better, then started carrying the serving bowls over to the table, "I should hope so... Faggots, mash and assorted vegs, and spotted dick for dessert. The pudding's still in the pot for about an hour, so we can take our time eating."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:57 am

Freddy grinned.
"Your lunch do kind of sound like something prepared for Nazi zombies."
She said as she came in and closed the door behind her and came over to help you carry things to the table.
"So is there anything I can do to help with anything? I am sorry for letting you do all the work but I am worried about Francesca, she nearly died last night."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Colin shook his head, "Nothing to apologize for; I knew we had casualties after the scuffle, but not that we were that close to fatalities. Plus, you were there to take care of me last night, when I was far away in other worlds, as it were; you've earned a break from kitchen duty now. Come, sit, and I'll finish setting up here."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Freddy nodded she smiles before she help you finish setting the table then she sits down.
"It looks delicious."
She said and smiles then her face turned serious and she nodded.
"Yes we had several seriously wounded yesterday though we have lost no one yet, I can not help but wonder, come Monday morning, will all of us still be alive?"
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
"How many of us will loose their lives in this battle with the Nephandi?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:20 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "I can't say whether or not we'll suffer losses... but I have an idea I'd like to confer with the Chief about after lunch, once I'm sure he's awake and about again. I'll have to admit, though, I rather expect heavy casualties. Fortunately, so far the Nephandi have displayed marksmanship comparable to that of Stevie Wonder, though this could well change once we attack their home turf."
He pondered a bit, "On that note... do you know if someone without actual understanding of the Spirit world could navigate the Umbra, had he been brought there by someone else?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:54 pm

"I guess I might sound like a crybaby, but I do not want to loose anyone at the Chantry, this place have become like a family to me. I know I would be very sad if any of our Chantrymates where to die."
Freddy said and sigh.
"Hum...an ide eh? Something you think will help?"
Freddy said then she nodded.
"Yeah we have been lucky this was that the Nephandi have not shown themselves to be the best marksmen ever, but yeah once we attack the Labyrinth, then they will be holding all the cards and they will be defending their home, things will get allot more difficult for us unless we are very, very smart about it. Also remember out there in the real world the Nephandi are at a disadvantage in that the Consensus really hate them and they attract Paradox like hell, in their own realm they will not be so bogged down and be able to come at us with all of their might."
The Virtual Adept said and sounded quite worried. When she asked about the Umbra she nods.
"It depend on which layer. In the pen and near Umbra yes I think a person can move around if brought there, any deeper than that no, I think it would even be hard to survive without Spirit Magick out there, if you have a ship though things are a little different but just throwing someone out into the Umbra often do not end well. The Penumbra someone can navigate as it looks like our world just more symbolic, but even i the near Umbra I think someone without Spirit will find it hard to navigate there."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:01 pm

Colin shook his head slowly, a sad glint in his eye, "If that makes you a crybaby, then almost every soldier in human history has been a crybaby. Nobody wants to lose their own, whether in peace or war."
He ladled up some mash and a couple of the meatballs for Freddy, giving her a small smirk, "So, if I were to conscript the aid of, say our Marauder downstairs to help shift me, an enchanted metal chariot - she does not understand what a car is, after all - and perhaps some additional firepower over to the Penumbra from here, we might have a chance at locating the Labyrinth from an angle the Fallen might not expect? Peas? Baby carrots? Rutabaga sticks?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Colin shook his head slowly, a sad glint in his eye, "If that makes you a crybaby, then almost every soldier in human history has been a crybaby. Nobody wants to lose their own, whether in peace or war."

Freddy sigh and nodded.
"I guess you are right about that Colin."
She said and nodded.
"You know what, I am very glad I Awakened, I love being a mage however I hate this war that we seam to enter into just by Awakening, why the hell an we not just do something useful with our oh so magickal asses and just get along."
The Virtual Adept said and gave a little angry sigh.

He ladled up some mash and a couple of the meatballs for Freddy, giving her a small smirk, "So, if I were to conscript the aid of, say our Marauder downstairs to help shift me, an enchanted metal chariot - she does not understand what a car is, after all - and perhaps some additional firepower over to the Penumbra from here, we might have a chance at locating the Labyrinth from an angle the Fallen might not expect?

"Hum...that is a good idea, can you not bring someone who knows Spirit with you though just to be safe? A car should run in the Penumbra though, but do remember that Umbroods and such will be wandering around there and if you are in their domain they can though you, they will be as real to you then as I am to you now."
The Virtual Adept said.

Peas? Baby carrots? Rutabaga sticks?"

"Yes please, I will have some of everything."
Freddy said and smiles.
"I am particularly fond of baby carrots, I often have them raw with dip for gaming nights as you can eat them and not get your controllers sticky."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:31 pm

Colin shrugged, "I wouldn't charge in without the necessary backup - but there's always a risk of separation in combat; not having to worry in advance about whether or not navigation is at all possible helps. As for Umbroods... Adley mentioned something about that - something about the area being desolate or something."
He arched an eyebrow, "Snacks for gaming nights, though? Sounds incredibly... well, I suppose that's only inappropriate for my particular selection of games."
He glanced over at the computer, "Eating in the cockpit is usually somewhat frowned upon during combat missions, after all..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:40 pm

"Well in the Penumbra things look like our world, just more real in a way, a hospital might be a glowing beacon of hope, while that house where a family was murdered looks decrepit and have blood running down the walls. Sometimes landmarks which are not there anymore will still exist in the Umbra as well, such as buildings which have been thorn down, but their energy is still there, other than that the Penumbra looks and acts mostly like our world."
Freddy explained as she ate a piece of meatball and nodded.
"This is delicious."
She sad and smile.

"The Umbroods are gone? That is odd usually there are Spirits everywhere I am told."
Freddy said.
"Yeah snacks for gaming night, need to have something crunchy to eat while moving down evil aliens."
The Virtual Adept grinned.
"I can see how snacking when flying something you are meat to shoot things down with when you are meant to do said shooting might be a bit frowned upon yes."
She commented as she took another bite of her food.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:22 pm

"I do not think he should be let near anyone, he was rude to the old man who was here before to, I liked him better, Anton...he is like my dad is he not, a linear mage?"
The widderslainte asked and he sounded a bit angry. "He did not deserve to be talked to in such a rude way."

"He did not, he is a good man," he sighed.

"I would like to meet her one day...I mean if she was not..." Raymond hesitated he did not know what word to use and did not want to hurt you either. "Broken." He eventually said.

He nodded. "Perhaps if things go well, in time." She would scare him, if he saw her as she was but oh, he hoped she recovered.

Raymond looks down. "She knows...I...thank you anyway I do not want her to worry about me." The young man said. "She always worries."

"She knows something of it, yes. She is your mother of course she worries for you."

Raymond said then he sigh again. "It is not your fault that I came here, I could have run away. I do not know how powerful you or the other two are, probably more powerful than me, but I bet I could have managed to create enough of a stir to escape. I...do not know fully why I did not do that, perhaps I was afraid Larson would find me and force me to work for her again."

"If that woman succeeds it will be very bad for all of us; so we must make sure she does not."

"Yeah she would say that...blankets, hot tea and cookies solve every problem in my mom's view of the world." Raymond said and this time he actually smiled."I love her to."

He smiled back. "And most mothers, perhaps. Or the very good ones. My mother would have added 'a good book' to the list. Or, 'the good book.'"

"Are you telling me she is my ehm...magick organ? Why do she look like a human or...a ghost or whatever, why not I do not something more New Agey? Or spiritual or something?"

Adley listened to the explanation and then nodded. "Your avatar, yes. I believe it is giving you a metaphorical clue. Do you know what a metaphor is? As for what it looks like to you, part of it is that it is Fallen, so maybe that is why it takes that ghostly look. Why a woman, why the mirror? I cannot tell you that, only you can. But it seems that it thought to send you a message. What do you think the message is?"

"You think there is hope...that I will not be...that I will not loose my magick? Or turn into a monster? Or perhaps I already am a monster." Raymond sigh.

"Both," he said honestly.

"I do not want to hurt anyone, I just get these urges, dark, horrible urges, usually they are not violent, they can just be a fascination by looking at a dead bird rot or seeing decay and destruction. I get some relief from it by...and it probably sound silly I make these plaster figurines and paint them, and then I take a hammer and smash them to pieces until they are just plaster dust again, they where created and then they get un created until they do not exist as anything but potential again...it give some relief from those desires...it is stupid I know but it works. Sometimes though I am not able to stop myself...but I do not want to be that person."

He nodded. "It is better to smash the clay figures than to hurt someone, so I do not think it is stupid at all. I think it is very smart."

"I guess...like you said I do not feel very hungry but I can try." The young mage said and nodded. "I am sure it is fine, I am not a picky eater." He said and tried to offer you a slight smile.

"Thank you," he said and handed out a bowl and plastic spoon.

"Mr Terach told me what had happened, he and Narim is talking with Miss Day and also finding Bergen and confining him to his room until I can have a talk with him, I will need to to tell me the details of what was said later mea filius if you know."

"Yes, of course." He was glad to see him, he looked improved for the sleep as well.

"May I come in?"Jeffry said then he taped a folder with some documents in them.
"I have a offer to give you Mr Danbrock, and I would like to give you the details if you feel up to it, I thought we would do it now, just in case..."

The folder was what triggered both the realisation and the memory he had forgotten to ask Cita to contact Mr Bachmier. He rubbed a hand across his face. He was starting to forget things now.

Raymond gave you a bit of a fearful glance as he did not know what Jeffry wanted and he did not know what to think. "Adley I will also need you to stay, if Mr Danbrock agree to my offer I will need another member of the Order as a witness."
Jeffry said as he waited for Raymond to calm down enough that him stepping into the make shift cell would not scare the boy.

"Certainly, then I will need to find our Adept friend, I forgot to ask her something important. But this is also important, of course I will bear witness" he told his mentor. Then he said to Raymond. "This is the hope that I was talking about Raymond. It would be good if you could take a look at it as soon as you can, okay?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:25 pm

"He did not, he is a good man," he sighed.

"He is, he is kind I like him."

He nodded. "Perhaps if things go well, in time." She would scare him, if he saw her as she was but oh, he hoped she recovered.

Raymond nodded.
"I would really like that, to meet another like myself, perhaps she would understand some of the things my parents do not no matter how much I try to explain."

"She knows something of it, yes. She is your mother of course she worries for you."

Raymond smiles a little.
"She is a good mom."
He stated and it was clear from the fond look in his eyes that he truly cared for both her and his father.

He smiled back. "And most mothers, perhaps. Or the very good ones. My mother would have added 'a good book' to the list. Or, 'the good book.'"

"Yeah, she would always bring me books when I was in the hospital, or when my dad said it was dangerous for me to go out so I was cooped up in the apartment for months at the time."
He commented.
"And when I was little she would read to me."

Adley listened to the explanation and then nodded. "Your avatar, yes. I believe it is giving you a metaphorical clue. Do you know what a metaphor is?

"Yeah...I have not always been able to go to school but I do read."
The boy said and scratched his head.
"It is like when you compare the politics between nations to cats fighting in the back yard."

As for what it looks like to you, part of it is that it is Fallen, so maybe that is why it takes that ghostly look. Why a woman, why the mirror? I cannot tell you that, only you can. But it seems that it thought to send you a message. What do you think the message is?"

"I do not know, she looks sad, as if she have lost a part of herself and she is trying to ix it, but she can't."
Raymond said.
"I mean I guess in many ways she is like the ghosts in those movies, which by the way my mother is not to know I watch. Anyway they are always these tragic characters who suffered some horrible end, but now the anger over that have twisted them and they attack people randomly and just destroy. It feels a bit like that, like if she is a monster now, but she was not always, and she do not like to be."

"Both," he said honestly.

Raymond nodded at that.

He nodded. "It is better to smash the clay figures than to hurt someone, so I do not think it is stupid at all. I think it is very smart."

"Really? I have always felt silly doing it but it do help, it sort of direct the urges away from something alive...like a proxy or something..."
The young widderslainte said and looked like if he found admitting to his coping mechanism to be embarrassing.

"Thank you," he said and handed out a bowl and plastic spoon.

"Thank you."
Raymond said politely and he opened the lid of the box and took a few spoonfuls.
"This is actually pretty good."
He said and gulped down another spoonful of the porridge.

"Yes, of course." He was glad to see him, he looked improved for the sleep as well.

Jeffry nodded to you then he waited for Raymond to agree for him to come into the tiny room before he stepped into the cell.

"Certainly, then I will need to find our Adept friend, I forgot to ask her something important.

"Well she should be easy to find, she is in Narim's office, apparently she is having some trouble with a uninvited guest we seam to be having."
Jeffry said and he could not hide a small smile from creasing his lips when he spoke of the spirit healer.

But this is also important, of course I will bear witness" he told his mentor.

"Thank you mea filius."
Jeffry said. You remember that it had been Helena who had stood witness when your mentor had taken you as his apprentice.

Then he said to Raymond. "This is the hope that I was talking about Raymond. It would be good if you could take a look at it as soon as you can, okay?"

Raymond looked at you and then at Jeffry then he nodded.
"Okey."
He eventually said when he had come to the conclusion that the old Hermetic probably would not harm him. Jeffry smiles then he sits down next to the young mage and fold his hands in his lap on top of the papers.
"Well Mr Danbrock, to make a long story short, I want to offer you and apprenticeship."
Your mentor said and Raymond looked quite confused.
"I do not understand...how...why?"
Jeffry sigh as he looked at the young Fallen boy.
"For two reasons child, one is that it is the one way I know of to give you a chance. You father is right the Traditions take those like you that we find and destroy their magickal powers, we do that so you will not be reborn and start the whole cycle of destruction again in another life."
The old mage begun and Raymond looked quite scared but Jeffry lifted a hand to stop him from freaking out.
"Hear me out child, usually this is true, but there have been cases where if a widderslainte have been allowed to keep their magick and become a member of the Traditions, if they have a respected mentor who is willing to stand up for them. I want to try to make such an arrangement happen for you. Now I will not lie to you, it is far from a done deal and there is still danger, but you will stand a fair chance that our leaders will see fit to let me keep you as my apprentice, you will then be able to stop living on the run and can find a good place in the Traditions, as a member of a fairly powerful Chantry."
Jeffry explained then he continued.
"The other reason is that you got balls kid, not many would have had the courage to do what you did...I am not sure I would have been able to do what you did if I where in your shoes. Now my faction if you will, we call them Houses, the Flambeau, we are war mages, we protect the other members of the Order of Hermes, and the other Traditions from the Technocrazy and the Nephandi, and I think you could be a fine Flambeau given time and training."

Raymond still looked rather flabbergasted.
"You want to teach me magick...become my teacher?"
Jeffry nodded.
"Yes, now I am not saying an apprenticeship with me will always be easy, I will expect you to do what I say when I say it, and I will demand your best, but I will try to be fair."
Raymond looks uncertain.
"Should I not ask my father about this?"
Jeffry shook his head.
"No, your parents will be allowed to stay at this Chantry if they want to, and you will be allowed to have a relationship with them, it will be easier for you since your father is a linear mage and your mother is a true believer, but I will be the one in authority over you until your apprenticeship ends, and it is you who have t make this choice. By the laws of the Traditions I do not require the consent of a potential apprentice to claim them, but I would never take an apprentice who was not willing, it is your choice."
Your mentor said in a kind tone of voice. Raymond nodded.
"I...well...if it can save my magick, and save me from...well you know, then off course I will accept, but I am a little confused."
Jeffry nodded.
"That is understandable. Adley here is my student, though he is fully initiated and a magus in his own right now, what if you ask him if you have a question, you do seam to trust him more than me at the moment, and that is understandable, I am after all the one who ordered you tossed in a cell and your magick restrained, I do hope to win your trust with time though."
The old mage said. Raymond looked at you, he did look like he had more hope now but he also looked confused.
"What do all this mean Adley?"
He asked a bit nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:46 pm

I say that, in the inside, there's a spot where it is not tainted. When did you analyze it? Maybe it has turned in this time and we an be sure it has started cleansing itself. That could be the proof we needed to prove it can be accomplished and that people needs to understand they need to leave Beatrice alone.

It's not a miracle. Miracles are made by powers beyond a human and are easily accomplished by the people that perferms it She's fighting it, she's getting hurted because many of us don't see it this way. Maybe if people started to understand her, it would be easier for her. Like everything in magic.

Yes, sorry. Ok, we're going to see each other in three hour. Don't miss me and get some rest. Tane nodded profoundly and left for the docks
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:02 pm

I say that, in the inside, there's a spot where it is not tainted. When did you analyze it? Maybe it has turned in this time and we an be sure it has started cleansing itself. That could be the proof we needed to prove it can be accomplished and that people needs to understand they need to leave Beatrice alone.

"I analyzed her Avatar when she first arrived at this Chantry three years ago, however Miss Telar have looked at it much more recently."
Jeffry said he said he did sound a bit doubtful that the young Verbena's Avatar was somehow spontaneously cleansing itself though.
"I would not get your hopes up on that to high Mr Karyak, if there is a piece of Miss Alexander's Avatar which is not corrupted then more likely than not it have always been there and the rest of us have not been able to find it. If there is a way to cleanse and Inverted soul it is not likely to happen by itself."
The old mage said cautiously.

It's not a miracle. Miracles are made by powers beyond a human and are easily accomplished by the people that perferms it She's fighting it, she's getting hurted because many of us don't see it this way. Maybe if people started to understand her, it would be easier for her. Like everything in magic.

"Yes you may be right about that Mr Karyak."
Jeffry said and sigh, he felt shameful in a way about his own attitudes about Beatrice Alexander in the beginning, he had been convinced that Gilgul where the only right thing to do with her though he had not wanted to force her, but rather have her eventually accept her fate on her own and go to the ritual willingly, now however, there might be more hope for the little Verbena, and Jeffry found himself honestly hoping that she would recover.

Yes, sorry. Ok, we're going to see each other in three hour. Don't miss me and get some rest. Tane nodded profoundly and left for the docks

"There is no need to apologize Mr Karyak, I will see you later then."
The old mage said.
"Do take care and spend as little time as possible out of the Chantry alone, it is not safe in the city until we deal with the Nephndi infestation."
The Hermetic warned.

You leave for the docks, the city have fully woken up now and the marina are a busy place with people scurrying about their business. Where do you go on the docks? To the shack you share with Coawa or somewhere else? Also how do you get there, do Tane walk? Take public transportation, ride a bike or drive?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:07 pm

Raymond nodded. "I would really like that, to meet another like myself, perhaps she would understand some of the things my parents do not no matter how much I try to explain."

He nodded. "Explain, or perhaps you can help one another understand."

"Yeah, she would always bring me books when I was in the hospital, or when my dad said it was dangerous for me to go out so I was cooped up in the apartment for months at the time." He commented. "And when I was little she would read to me."

"It seems you and Colin have similar tastes, I should read something that he'd recommend. I've read historical fictions, things like that...how is the one that he gave you?"

"Yeah...I have not always been able to go to school but I do read." The boy said and scratched his head. "It is like when you compare the politics between nations to cats fighting in the back yard."

He had to give a wry smile at that. "Yes, politics is a bit like that..."

"I do not know, she looks sad, as if she have lost a part of herself and she is trying to ix it, but she can't." Raymond said. "I mean I guess in many ways she is like the ghosts in those movies, which by the way my mother is not to know I watch. Anyway they are always these tragic characters who suffered some horrible end, but now the anger over that have twisted them and they attack people randomly and just destroy. It feels a bit like that, like if she is a monster now, but she was not always, and she do not like to be."

He nodded thoughtfully. "And you don't want to be either, right?"

"Really? I have always felt silly doing it but it do help, it sort of direct the urges away from something alive...like a proxy or something..." The young widderslainte said and looked like if he found admitting to his coping mechanism to be embarrassing.

"Yes, really. It hurts no one and helps with that urge, I think that is smart. There may be other methods like that, that can help but does not cause anyone harm."

"Thank you." Raymond said politely and he opened the lid of the box and took a few spoonfuls. "This is actually pretty good." He said and gulped down another spoonful of the porridge

He smiled a little bit, encouragingly and picked up a bowl for himself. He wasn't particularly hungry but who knew when he would get to eat again.

"Well she should be easy to find, she is in Narim's office, apparently she is having some trouble with a uninvited guest we seam to be having." Jeffry said and he could not hide a small smile from creasing his lips when he spoke of the spirit healer."

"Ah, I see yes. Thank you," he said. Getting rid of the spirit was giving Cita trouble? Granted his pater was the best he knew when it came to Umbroods but he hadn't expected it to pose such a problem. Maybe after this they'd have to go deal with it. When his mentor came in to explain, he waited quietly, eating some of the food as he listened.

Raymond looked at you, he did look like he had more hope now but he also looked confused. "What do all this mean Adley?" He asked a bit nervously.

"It means that my mentor is willing to take you on as his apprentice, to mentor you; in exchange for his teaching, you will follow his instructions and obey him. He is a good man and good teacher, powerful but also wise and has much experience. He has never hit me or had me do wrong in his or anyone's name; when I was punished it was so that I would learn, not to make me suffer. He has shown me quite a lot of things and has helped to keep me on the right path and he will teach you in the ways of our Tradition and his lineage. As he said, he's tough but fair and would not make this offer if he did not see something that he thought was worthwhile in you." He put the bowl away, empty. "And it would mean that you would be my brother, part of my magickal family. Master Morgan will be considered your parens by the way of our Tradition, that is why I call him my pater. Your situation is different than mine, as your birth family have magickal history. Since your father is a linear mage, he can be here with you as can your mother, they can see your progression if that is what they and you want. Apprenticeship can take several years and it is not without danger, given that we are war mages. Again, your situation is somewhat unique, you already know how to do some things, so re-training might be in order, or fine tuning what you already have achieved. And it is good you like reading, because though our House would not often be the most obvious candidates for avid literacy, there is quite a bit of legwork involved with the more active aspects of things."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:58 pm

He nodded. "Explain, or perhaps you can help one another understand."

"Well it is so hard to explain those urges I get and even harder to understand why I seek non existence or even what it is. It is not that I want to die, when you are dead you still exist, that is pat potential, and your soul move on and your energy move on and your body feed worms, I see a state on on existence, an existence that have never been and will never be, but my parents do not understand, I am not sure anyone understand. It would be nice to talk with another like myself who want that but do not want anyone to be hurt."

"It seems you and Colin have similar tastes, I should read something that he'd recommend. I've read historical fictions, things like that...how is the one that he gave you?"

"It is pretty good, it is about this guy who is part of a boxing competition on other space, it is one of those the author want to be hard science fiction, but which really are not for most of the science is bullshit, but it is fun."
Raymond said and tapped the book.
"Yeah I like science fiction, but I read other things to. I like travel books and books about other cultures."

He had to give a wry smile at that. "Yes, politics is a bit like that..."

Raymond gave a chuckle at that.
"Yeah...it sort of is."
He muttered.

He nodded thoughtfully. "And you don't want to be either, right?"

"No, I do not want to hurt anyone, well sometimes a part of me do, but it is wrong, I know it is wrong and I do not want to do wrong. I do not know if I want to change that I want...oblivion I guess you can call it that, for to me that is beautiful. But I do not want to hurt anyone along the way. I want to be a son my father can be proud of.

"Yes, really. It hurts no one and helps with that urge, I think that is smart. There may be other methods like that, that can help but does not cause anyone harm."

Raymond glances at you he give a uncertain smile and seam a bit less embarrassed.
"I guess, but it feels kind of childish. I guess I have to use whatever works though."

He smiled a little bit, encouragingly and picked up a bowl for himself. He wasn't particularly hungry but who knew when he would get to eat again.

Raymond did not seam particularly hungry he seamed uneasy though not as terrified as when you entered his cell, and he did eat a bit at least.

"It means that my mentor is willing to take you on as his apprentice, to mentor you; in exchange for his teaching, you will follow his instructions and obey him. He is a good man and good teacher, powerful but also wise and has much experience. He has never hit me or had me do wrong in his or anyone's name; when I was punished it was so that I would learn, not to make me suffer. He has shown me quite a lot of things and has helped to keep me on the right path and he will teach you in the ways of our Tradition and his lineage.

Raymond listened to you, he nodded as you explained.
"I have wanted to learn more."
He said after a while.
"My dad have tried to teach me but it is so hard to learn from him for his magick do not work the same way as mine it seams...anyway it do sound like you think your teacher is a good guy..."
The young boy said he still seamed a bit nervous though. Jeffry was silent as you explained but he did seam a bit embarrassed at your praising words about him, he had always been modest, aware of his skill and competence yes, but modest.

As he said, he's tough but fair and would not make this offer if he did not see something that he thought was worthwhile in you."

"In someone like me, even if I was born wrong?"
Raymond said and looked down.

He put the bowl away, empty. "And it would mean that you would be my brother, part of my magickal family. Master Morgan will be considered your parens by the way of our Tradition, that is why I call him my pater. Your situation is different than mine, as your birth family have magickal history. Since your father is a linear mage, he can be here with you as can your mother, they can see your progression if that is what they and you want.

"My father's order do the same, he had an apprentice she called him pater...but she was taken by a vampire."
Raymond muttered then he quickly continued as if he did not like to talk about that.
"Anyway I understand that concept, and I would want my parents to be a part of my life...I would not mind having a brother though."
The young mage said and gave a shy smile.

Apprenticeship can take several years and it is not without danger, given that we are war mages. Again, your situation is somewhat unique, you already know how to do some things, so re-training might be in order, or fine tuning what you already have achieved.

"I can do some things yes. I use the words my father teach me and the hand gestures but I can not look at it the same way, his stuff work the same way every time, it is like a formula or something mine is not like that...I would like to learn more though."
Raymond said and looked interested.

And it is good you like reading, because though our House would not often be the most obvious candidates for avid literacy, there is quite a bit of legwork involved with the more active aspects of things."

"Well that do actually sound pretty good. I mean I do not think I would mind being someone's apprentice. I like to learn and it would be nice to not be on the run all the time."
Raymond said and scratched his head again then he looked down.
"So what will happen now then?"
He asked. Jeffry smiles a little then he speaks.
"I will officially take you as my apprentice, providing you consent. Now I can not let you out of here just yet as the Nephandi are looking for one of your kind and I can not take the chance of them finding you before we stop them, but once we do you will be given a room at the Chantry. You will be given lessons and assignment and have duties around this place, hopefully you will make friends with some of the other young magi."
Your mentor said then he turned serious.
"Then sooner or later either you will be arrested or more likely I will be summoned to bring you myself and you will be taken to Horizon, that is our headquarters, and put on trial. Now like I said you are not safe yet but hopefully I will be able to get you off the hook and then you will be my apprentice until I deem you to be powerful and smart enough to make it on your own and then hopefully you will pass your Gauntlet an become a member of the Order of Hermes and live a long and happy life as a mage of the Traditions."
The old mage said and Raymond looked honestly very relieved.
"So someone can not just then storm in here and...well rip my soul out."
Jeffry shook his head and gently put a hand on the boy's arm.
"No as my apprentice you will have rights, meaning no member of the Traditions can just attack you, there will most likely be a trial, but there are some time before then and if someone try to harm you other than after an official trial, I get to put them on fire before they get the chance to do anything, and I happen to be exceptionally good at putting thing on fire."
Jeffry said with a bit of a twinkle in his eye to try to make Raymond feel better and the young mage gave a giggle, and he did look far less scared.
"Ok...I will be your apprentice then...and thank you."
Raymond said softly.

Jeffry nodded and stood.
"Ok let us do this properly then. "I Jeffry Amaris Morgan Hermes bani Order of Hermes, Deacon of Chantry Steelhaven Hall and Master of the Art take this gifted child to be my apprentice. I vow to train him in the ways of the Order of Hermes and House Flambeau as the Code dictates. Your actions are from this day forward my responsibility and I accept you as my magickal child. You will be written into the ranks of the Order of Hermes as an apprentice under the name...hum...Kyle Barnett."
Jeffry said formally and he made his signature to a legal document which proclaimed Raymond to be his apprentice.
"You will be known by your apprentice name until such time as you pass your Gauntlet and can stand before your peers and swear to the Code of Hermes using your Hermetic name. This document makes the apprenticeship formal with the signature of a witness of good standing in the Order."
Jeffry said and looked at you before he handed you the document, the paper held his name, Raymond's new apprentice name as well as the regular rules for apprenticeship there where also a place for a witness to sign that they had seen the apprenticeship formally declared.

Raymond looked pretty confused about being called Kyle Barnett though, but he said nothing yet, perhaps he felt that during this formal deceleration it was best not to interrupt with questions, though he did give you and uncertain glance.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:07 pm

If you have the time, why don't you run an exam again, having this in mind? Maybe you can confirm it.
I suppose he takes public transportation and goes directly to his house to check up on the werespider and coawa
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Colin chewed thoughtfully on a mouthful of vegetables, and swallowed. "I wouldn't know about the actual state of the Penumbra; I have no way - at least presently - to get there, or to look at it; it was merely mentioned as an aside by Adley, and I'm not sure how extensive that implied desolation was supposed to be. For all I know, it's just a matter of a few abandoned city blocks... though, I suppose, it might well be comparable to small animals evacuating an area before an earthquake. In any case, I'm given to understand his, hm, pet spiders are still lounging at the Chantry."
He scooped up a forkload of mash and gravy, "By the way, did you have any success mundanely locating Lisa Larson's phone?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:39 pm

"Well it is so hard to explain those urges I get and even harder to understand why I seek non existence or even what it is. It is not that I want to die, when you are dead you still exist, that is pat potential, and your soul move on and your energy move on and your body feed worms, I see a state on on existence, an existence that have never been and will never be, but my parents do not understand, I am not sure anyone understand. It would be nice to talk with another like myself who want that but do not want anyone to be hurt."

"Perhaps you will want something more than oblivion...at least for others, though I hope for yourself too someday."

"No, I do not want to hurt anyone, well sometimes a part of me do, but it is wrong, I know it is wrong and I do not want to do wrong. I do not know if I want to change that I want...oblivion I guess you can call it that, for to me that is beautiful. But I do not want to hurt anyone along the way. I want to be a son my father can be proud of.

"Good."

Raymond glances at you he give a uncertain smile and seam a bit less embarrassed. "I guess, but it feels kind of childish. I guess I have to use whatever works though."

"Like destroying sandcastles and snowmen?" he asked, with a small grin. "Well it harms no one, not yourself either, so perhaps feeling childish is not such a bad thing."

"My dad have tried to teach me but it is so hard to learn from him for his magick do not work the same way as mine it seams...anyway it do sound like you think your teacher is a good guy..."

"That is because he is a linear mage and you are not. Now, starting out, many of us do learn that path but then progress, if their Gift awakens. If not they learn the ways that your father knows. The avatar, what you were calling the magickal organ awakens in those like us to a fuller potential. My mentor is a good man, the best I know and though I will admit to bias, you will find that his reputation speaks for itself. Being his apprentice also means that your actions will reflect on him, as well when he takes charge of you. He will expect the best from you because he knows that it is there and he is entrusting you with his lineage as well as trusting you with living here with us, at the Chantry. A lot of how things proceed will depend on your aptitude, conduct and ability to learn - and that you continue your internal struggle not to give in."

"In someone like me, even if I was born wrong?" Raymond said and looked down.

"We would not be here if it were not so, Raymond. So, the real question is though can we all maximize your potential to do good works as a mage, while helping you fight your darkness? Will you do that, yourself, and do actions that would make us and yourself proud? Like you did, coming here, sacrificing your safety to protect Boston?"

"My father's order do the same, he had an apprentice she called him pater...but she was taken by a vampire." Raymond muttered then he quickly continued as if he did not like to talk about that. "Anyway I understand that concept, and I would want my parents to be a part of my life...I would not mind having a brother though." The young mage said and gave a shy smile.

"Good," he nodded. He didn't say anything more, though he was remembering his last brother.

"No as my apprentice you will have rights, meaning no member of the Traditions can just attack you, there will most likely be a trial, but there are some time before then and if someone try to harm you other than after an official trial, I get to put them on fire before they get the chance to do anything, and I happen to be exceptionally good at putting thing on fire." Jeffry said with a bit of a twinkle in his eye to try to make Raymond feel better and the young mage gave a giggle, and he did look far less scared. "Ok...I will be your apprentice then...and thank you."

Adley smiled a little. "He is very good at setting things on fire," he agreed. "But he is also good at only setting things on fire that are his intended target. So, it is a chance Raymond and I hope you realise that while we are trying to help, what we are offering you is not exactly a free pass and reflects on us as mages. There will be challenges but as long as you work for the good, I will stand as your brother after you sign this to the best of my capability within the code that I have sworn. And hopefully you will too, someday."

Raymond looked pretty confused about being called Kyle Barnett though, but he said nothing yet, perhaps he felt that during this formal deceleration it was best not to interrupt with questions, though he did give you and uncertain glance.

"Names are important. Remember when I said to call me Theo?" he said at his confused look. "A Gauntlet is a test that we take that proves worthiness to join the ranks of our House. It is not an easy test but considering what you are facing right now, I believe you have a good chance of passing it. Sign that, and I will call you Kyle, or Mr Barnett. In part, it signifies the break between your life now as it is, all that has happened in the past and what you are accepting and committing yourself to as part of becoming my mentor's apprentice and starting on your path. He has given you this name until you can make your own. Additionally, it provides protection." He waited to see what he would make of that, if he would understand and sign it or ask another question.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Tane:

If you have the time, why don't you run an exam again, having this in mind? Maybe you can confirm it.

"I will probably do so once Miss Alexander feels better, if she consents to it. I do not want to disturb her Avatar now that it is in the process of healing."
Jeffry said.

I suppose he takes public transportation and goes directly to his house to check up on the werespider and coawa

You get to your house, and on a sofa you see a badly wounded woman, her skin is fairly dark but not black, she might be Spanish or Italian from her features with long, curly dark hair, a prominent nose and a face that was beautiful save for a scar down one cheek. The woman's clothes was full of dried blood and you see that Coawa have bandaged up several wounds, though blood was still seeping through the bindings and one arm just hung there limp and useless. The woman really looked like she had been through the wringer and she was clearly unconscious. Coawa sat by the woman's side he was slowly pouring a bit of water from a glass into her mouth and then gently stroking her throat to make her sallow.
"Tane welcome back."
He said and looked at you.
"She is not in a good condition, hopefully though the Formori took some hits as well during the fight."

Colin:

Colin chewed thoughtfully on a mouthful of vegetables, and swallowed. "I wouldn't know about the actual state of the Penumbra; I have no way - at least presently - to get there, or to look at it; it was merely mentioned as an aside by Adley, and I'm not sure how extensive that implied desolation was supposed to be.

"I am sure we could ask someone to take a peek. Spirits are not my area of expertise though. I might be able to sense a spirit but that is about as far as it go."
Freddy said as she ate a bit more of her food.

For all I know, it's just a matter of a few abandoned city blocks... though, I suppose, it might well be comparable to small animals evacuating an area before an earthquake. In any case, I'm given to understand his, hm, pet spiders are still lounging at the Chantry."

"Hum...well not that is a comforting thoughts the spirits all think we are doomed and are running or their eh...lives? Are they even alive?"
Freddy said and shook her head.
"Well hopefully they will come back then once we kick some Nephandic ass, for we will kick their asses, we have to."
She said and sounded like she was trying to convince herself about that more than you.

He scooped up a forkload of mash and gravy, "By the way, did you have any success mundanely locating Lisa Larson's phone?"

"No and that is the odd part, I have found her her phone number, or what I think is her number but no matter ho much I try, the phone is off the grid and I do not like that."
Freddy said in a frustrated tone of voice.

Adley:

"Perhaps you will want something more than oblivion...at least for others, though I hope for yourself too someday."

"I do not want it for others, they will have to choose their own path."
Raymond said then he offered a small smile.
"I do not see such oblivion as something bad though, I see it as beautiful."

"Like destroying sandcastles and snowmen?" he asked, with a small grin. "Well it harms no one, not yourself either, so perhaps feeling childish is not such a bad thing."

"I guess you are right about that."
Raymond said and smiles a little.
"Perhaps being childish is not always a bad thing."

"That is because he is a linear mage and you are not. Now, starting out, many of us do learn that path but then progress, if their Gift awakens. If not they learn the ways that your father knows. The avatar, what you were calling the magickal organ awakens in those like us to a fuller potential.

"Hum...well that do make sense in a way. Why do you call what he do linear though? Is it because it is so formulaic and the same every time. I mean I can make up things on the fly, for him it takes a long time to learn or develop a new spell."

My mentor is a good man, the best I know and though I will admit to bias, you will find that his reputation speaks for itself. Being his apprentice also means that your actions will reflect on him, as well when he takes charge of you. He will expect the best from you because he knows that it is there and he is entrusting you with his lineage as well as trusting you with living here with us, at the Chantry. A lot of how things proceed will depend on your aptitude, conduct and ability to learn - and that you continue your internal struggle not to give in."

"I will try not to screw up."
"I mean I will try to do my best and fight those impulses and learn."
He corrected himself though he looked a bit uncertain. Jeffry gave you a fond look when you spoke about him, for just a moment then he looked back to Raymond and said.
"You best will be enough and I will help you with the struggles you face child even if you have to walk the path yourself, you will have support."

"We would not be here if it were not so, Raymond. So, the real question is though can we all maximize your potential to do good works as a mage, while helping you fight your darkness? Will you do that, yourself, and do actions that would make us and yourself proud? Like you did, coming here, sacrificing your safety to protect Boston?"

"Yes I will try to...I will try to make you and my dad proud and be a good person, but I do not know if I can do so...but I will try."
"It is so hard sometimes, it is so hard not to give in, but I will do my best."

Adley smiled a little. "He is very good at setting things on fire," he agreed. "But he is also good at only setting things on fire that are his intended target. So, it is a chance Raymond and I hope you realise that while we are trying to help, what we are offering you is not exactly a free pass and reflects on us as mages.

Raymond looked down at his wrist and remembered how Jeffry had burned Lisa Larson's enchanted bracelet of without leaving a mark on his skin.
"Yeah I noticed that."
He muttered.
"He do have some mad skills."
Raymond nodded.
"I do understand that and I will try to not make you regret it. I do understand that I am being given a rare chance of something better than running until someone catch me or I give in and become a raving monster, I will try my best to be worthy of that chance."
The boy promised.

There will be challenges but as long as you work for the good, I will stand as your brother after you sign this to the best of my capability within the code that I have sworn. And hopefully you will too, someday."

Raymond nodded he glance at you then looked down.
"I will repay you one day if this actually pans out."
He muttered.
"I will find a way to do so."

"Names are important. Remember when I said to call me Theo?" he said at his confused look. "A Gauntlet is a test that we take that proves worthiness to join the ranks of our House. It is not an easy test but considering what you are facing right now, I believe you have a good chance of passing it. Sign that, and I will call you Kyle, or Mr Barnett. In part, it signifies the break between your life now as it is, all that has happened in the past and what you are accepting and committing yourself to as part of becoming my mentor's apprentice and starting on your path. He has given you this name until you can make your own. Additionally, it provides protection." He waited to see what he would make of that, if he would understand and sign it or ask another question.

"I..think I understand."
Raymond said and took the paper and the pen and signed it, he did not hesitate, it was not just that anything was better than the alternative, but that what Jeffry offered him actually sounded like a better future than the one he would otherwise have.
"I think I would like a break with the past and committing to a new path."
The boy said then he gave an uneasy grin.
"Though being called by a new name sure will feel strange. Did you have a name as an apprentice?"
He asked then he said.
"I guess it is also so someone can not use my birth name against me in magick as well. My father have spoken about that."
He commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:35 pm

Colin smiled enigmatically, "How do you define life? From what I can gather, they have thoughts, feelings, experiences, much like we do, only perhaps in a different manner, interacting with the world around them in a wholly different way. I would guess they are alive, even if flesh-oriented magic won't affect them."
He pondered a bit, "I would guess she's nesting in a pocket realm, then. Presumably, the Labyrinth isn't in this reality, but in a small universe of its own, much like Lux Itineris is; there's no reception there, either. Is there any chance you could set up some mundane warning signal whenever the phone makes contact with a cell tower, perhaps?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:40 pm

"I do not want it for others, they will have to choose their own path." Raymond said then he offered a small smile. "I do not see such oblivion as something bad though, I see it as beautiful."

"I suppose that is the hard thing for me to understand, for I can't say that I would ever want that for you or your avatar. Just as you would not for others."

"Hum...well that do make sense in a way. Why do you call what he do linear though? Is it because it is so formulaic and the same every time. I mean I can make up things on the fly, for him it takes a long time to learn or develop a new spell."

"That is part of the essential difference, though the Order and all its Houses have perfected spells we pass down. Some of us are more flexible than others but by linear, or hedge wizard if you call it that, we generally mean what you said. You can make things up on the fly and it is harder for your father to do that."

"I will try not to screw up." Raymond said and looked down. "I mean I will try to do my best and fight those impulses and learn." He corrected himself though he looked a bit uncertain.

"Good."

"Yes I will try to...I will try to make you and my dad proud and be a good person, but I do not know if I can do so...but I will try."
Raymond said and looked down. "It is so hard sometimes, it is so hard not to give in, but I will do my best."

Adley nodded. "You have been doing it so far and now you have us. We will try to help."

"I will repay you one day if this actually pans out." He muttered. "I will find a way to do so."

"You are here now, and that has taken you this far...and if you are able to keep fighting, then you will be paying me back. If make full magus though you will see what that entails."

"I..think I understand." Raymond said and took the paper and the pen and signed it, he did not hesitate, it was not just that anything was better than the alternative, but that what Jeffry offered him actually sounded like a better future than the one he would otherwise have.
"I think I would like a break with the past and committing to a new path."

"You will also be subject to Tradition law, as my pater explained, though as part of a Tradition it offers you benefits and opportunities that does not mean it will be easy, the legal system can be complicated. Still, it is often better than being an Orphan when it comes to things like this."

"Though being called by a new name sure will feel strange. Did you have a name as an apprentice?" He asked then he said. "I guess it is also so someone can not use my birth name against me in magick as well. My father have spoken about that."

"Yes," he said, answering both questions. He didn't elaborate what his name was though. Once Kyle signed the document, he looked at it and then signed his own name as witness and the date and time. "I, Adley Roth Hicks, Initiate Exemptus, bani Flambeau, filius Jeffry Amaris Morgan and Initiate Exemptus, do stand witness to these events that have transpired in good faith between both parties." Now...they needed to get that document to the right hands as quickly as possible. "Well then, Kyle...welcome to the family."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top