The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:49 pm

"Yes by all means, I will take you to the Umbra port once we have seen if we can rescue Miss Bergen, if it is even possible, and you have made the equipment Mrs Von Hess needs to possibly be able to give us more information on the Nephandi."
Jeffry said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:10 pm

"Well I forget things as well, even with sleep the pure pace of the last few days, none of us are in optimal condition." Jeffry said and looked at the coffee pot. "And for me currently I feel that I am running on anger and coffee alone, and that is not the best combination in the world."

"Yes...damn it, I'm tired. I hate admitting it too." But he was tired, not just physically but mentally and his temper wasn't improved by it or the fact his avatar felt like going on the warpath. At least not while sitting in a meeting.

"I do think we have time to do it now yes and agree, we need to get whatever we can do now done before anything else happens."
The old mage said as he stood and stretched.

"Alright, let's do it then."

Can this sound recording be played from Mr Bergen's phone Narim?"..."I am sure my apprentice will be able to figure it out, thank you."

'Here, let me see it please," he said, so he could give it a quick look over before they went down to make sure he could find it.

"There should be time to call on Miss Larson after we ask your brother about the recording if we hurry." The old mage said. "Let us use our time as wisely as we can."

"Good."

He blinked slowly, "Bloody Hell, there's a thought. The Caul is living flesh, isn't it? And so is the Labyrinth, mostly? It should be reasonable to expect the whole place to be rather vulnerable to a cozy little surprise of bleach and ammonia...

'Yes, the caul is alive, but...I could not and do not wish to dare tell you -how-, it is alive by nefarious means. Though an assault such as that, a bomb of some kind whether caustic or gas might work but anyone that had to go in after...as well as the prisoners they may have stored in there, if they have them in there anyway." He looked thoughtful.

I will think about the possibility of using her in the attack, and I will confer with Master Nassa as of all of us he know the woman the best and we will see. Now as for Paradox, remember that even if it will hit the Nephandi harder it do not mean it will not also harm you young man." Jeffry said as he looked at Colin. "And Paradox can take any mage down fast if he or she is not careful about it.
He nodded, "I do not wish to accrue Paradox; I am, however, willing to take a hit for the team, as the saying goes. Blame the RAF indoctrination; even the Flight Leaders keep an eye out for their Wingmen, whether on the ground or in the air."

"I don't want to visit any paradox realms to have to go get you back, Colin or fight off paradox spirits while taking the Nephandi caul," he gave a frown. "If you're putting me in wingman category, then I am supposed to have your back. That's how it works, right? Aerial defense is not my strong point."

Depending, of course, on concentrations, it should be sufficient for a substantial volume, but the whole complex might be expecting a little too much. However, it should be more than adequate to harm eyes, possibly permanently, and gangrene is not entirely unheard of if the dead tissues stay attached to still living flesh... Depending on how, well, fleshy the entire construction is, it might cause confusion initially, and a slow, decaying death."

"This is a matter of concentration as much as susceptibility of whatever you use, right? It would not be impossible to utilize Forces ars to adjust the permeability of the air or gravity under normal conditions, though who knows what a caul is like...it would be helpful to know more about the layout of it."

"Chances are Mr Wainwright that before the sun rises on Monday some of us will be dead, I just want to make sure that our casualties are as few as possible, I do admire your willingness to risk your life for this Chantry though and I might call upon you to do just that, we just have to find the safest plan possible."

"This is going to sound....well, probably rash. And against my general feelings because I agree with you, pater. But the Nephandi are likely using the ars of time, perhaps fate; they may be banking on us doing the most likely course of action - which is the safest one. I'm not saying that we still shouldn't do that if it is our strongest bet but being innovative as we can be I think will be helpful. If they're expecting us to throw a fireball at them, they'll be ready for it...but maybe not for Colin and something like his caustic attack."

"Hum...perhaps if a few of us draw their attention allowing someone to work on the wards so you can get the ship in there with the barrels...however that all depend on how that ship works and a few others ifs and maybes that we have not yet worked out, but given that the ship is suitable we might have a beginning of a possible plan."

"Poke the nest with what looks like a main assault, but it's not...?"

Colin nodded, "So, shall we say I get to take a look at the shuttle later today, after I've made Mrs. Von Hess' new pendulum, and assuming I'm still reasonably undamaged after any rescue attempts?"

"Hopefully Mrs Hess will get us a foot in the door, that would be good. Well, it looks like we're all busy for the next several minutes, let's get this done so that we can see what we're doing for the next few hours. Because it's certainly not sleep," he said. "Do say hello to Mrs Gottschalk when you see her Colin."

s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:29 pm

"Yes...damn it, I'm tired. I hate admitting it too." But he was tired, not just physically but mentally and his temper wasn't improved by it or the fact his avatar felt like going on the warpath. At least not while sitting in a meeting.

"When this situation is over...well damn I might sleep for a week."
Your mentor said with a smirk.
"But yes it have been quite a ride these few days and it seams there is quite a stretch to go before we are done."
The old mage said with a sigh.

"Alright, let's do it then."

Jeffry nodded and then he begun to lead the way to the door.

'Here, let me see it please," he said, so he could give it a quick look over before they went down to make sure he could find it.

Your mentor hands you the phone and you quickly find the file, starting it should be no problem.

as well as the prisoners they may have stored in there, if they have them in there anyway." He looked thoughtful.

"If they have prisoners then saving them would off course be desirable however even for the prisoners they might have dying in the assault is probably a kinder fate than remaining in the hands of the Fallen."
The old Hermetic said gravely.
"I have heard no reports of missing Traditionalists other than that one Master of Spirit though and while he worry me gravely, if the Nephandi have other prisoners, they are probably not from our faction, though off course they could be Orphans or members of Crafts and the deaths of such individuals would be tragic."
Tragic yes, but acceptable losses...everyone was an acceptable loss to stop the Nephandi.

"This is a matter of concentration as much as susceptibility of whatever you use, right? It would not be impossible to utilize Forces ars to adjust the permeability of the air or gravity under normal conditions, though who knows what a caul is like...it would be helpful to know more about the layout of it."

"We will have to see how much of the layout Miss Larson knows, perhaps she can draw us a map. Now as for magick it can probably be used to distribute the gas yes."
The Hermetic said then he sigh.
"As for how the Caul will react to gas, it is impossible to know unless we find out more about it, we do not even know if killing it's flesh will destroy it."

"This is going to sound....well, probably rash. And against my general feelings because I agree with you, pater. But the Nephandi are likely using the ars of time, perhaps fate; they may be banking on us doing the most likely course of action - which is the safest one. I'm not saying that we still shouldn't do that if it is our strongest bet but being innovative as we can be I think will be helpful. If they're expecting us to throw a fireball at them, they'll be ready for it...but maybe not for Colin and something like his caustic attack."

"I agree mea filius, and I have to say that the idea of this caustic gas is starting to grow on me, and it is probably not what our enemies would expect...now if only we can pull it of."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"Very well then we need to check on Kyle and see if he can translate the conversation Narim found, and then ask Miss Larson about the name of the Caul and about the layout of the labyrinth then we hopefully will know a little more, then we will see what can and can not be done."

"Poke the nest with what looks like a main assault, but it's not...?"

"Yes that is what I was thinking, sending in one group, possibly using this gas, to create enough of a ruckus that a main force can move on the Labyrinth with less resistance and wipe them out or at least get to the Caul and kill it and preferably kill or capture Lisa Larson in the process.

"Hopefully Mrs Hess will get us a foot in the door, that would be good. Well, it looks like we're all busy for the next several minutes, let's get this done so that we can see what we're doing for the next few hours. Because it's certainly not sleep," he said. "Do say hello to Mrs Gottschalk when you see her Colin."

"We should be back shortly Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said then he waited by the door for Adley to finish his conversation with Colin so they could go down to see Kyle about the recording.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:18 pm

Your mentor hands you the phone and you quickly find the file, starting it should be no problem

"Looks easy enough," he said with a nod.

"If they have prisoners then saving them would off course be desirable however even for the prisoners they might have dying in the assault is probably a kinder fate than remaining in the hands of the Fallen."

"True enough, I suppose."

"We will have to see how much of the layout Miss Larson knows, perhaps she can draw us a map. Now as for magick it can probably be used to distribute the gas yes."

"She might, yes."

"I agree mea filius, and I have to say that the idea of this caustic gas is starting to grow on me, and it is probably not what our enemies would expect...now if only we can pull it of." Jeffry said then he sigh.

"Or at least something of that calibur," he nodded, then looked over at Colin. "We should think about protective gear...just in case." He was still mulling over the idea or ones like it, something that would take them unawares.

"Very well then we need to check on Kyle and see if he can translate the conversation Narim found, and then ask Miss Larson about the name of the Caul and about the layout of the labyrinth then we hopefully will know a little more, then we will see what can and can not be done."

He nodded.

"Yes that is what I was thinking, sending in one group, possibly using this gas, to create enough of a ruckus that a main force can move on the Labyrinth with less resistance and wipe them out or at least get to the Caul and kill it and preferably kill or capture Lisa Larson in the process.

"They've been giving us enough diversions...hrm, and what to do about our allies, those that we are less sure about than we once were, for various reasons?"

"We should be back shortly Mr Wainwright." Jeffry said then he waited by the door for Adley to finish his conversation with Colin so they could go down to see Kyle about the recording.

"Something to consider, I saw that our good Etherite hedge wizard used some sort of compound on the avatar eater, which changed its structure. We might ask him for some input on things we could use and how to deploy it, such as a gas or liquid gel," he suggested to Colin. Then he gave a nod to Narim and a smile. "Thanks again for your help. Let's see what we can find out."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:16 pm

"Looks easy enough," he said with a nod.

Jeffry nodded though he raised and eyebrow.
"How you understand all of those Technocratic doohickeys I will never get Adley."

"True enough, I suppose."

"I do not like it either mea filius, I would like to keep everyone safe, but in my long years as a warrior...sometimes innocents die and if one try to save everyone one will end up saving no one."
The old mage said sadly.

"She might, yes."

"One more thing to ask the good lady about."
The Hermetic said and nodded.
"Hopefully she can help us."

"They've been giving us enough diversions...hrm, and what to do about our allies, those that we are less sure about than we once were, for various reasons?"

"Now that is a difficult question, I do not want to go into battle with them before we know what is going on over at Lux Itineris and who we might trust among them and who we can not trust, however on the other side they are powerful, and we might not be able to overpower the Labyrinth without them. If we get Riverside and Westchapel to help us, perhaps the Sisters as well we stand a chance, but then Lux Itineris will start to wonder why they are not being involved and might get in our way. There are no easy answers here."

"Something to consider, I saw that our good Etherite hedge wizard used some sort of compound on the avatar eater, which changed its structure. We might ask him for some input on things we could use and how to deploy it, such as a gas or liquid gel," he suggested to Colin. Then he gave a nod to Narim and a smile. "Thanks again for your help. Let's see what we can find out."

"Hum yes you are right, Mr von Hess should be included in our talks if we are thinking about anything to do with chemicals."
Jeffry said and Narim nodded.
"I could call him and invite him to the meeting."
The Virtual Adept offered and the Hermetic smiles.
"Good, do that, thank you Narim. Now if you excuse us gentlemen."
Your mentor said before he left and headed to Kyle's cell.

If you go with Jeffry you get down to the cellar and you see Antonio still standing there guarding the small cell, the scribe bowed to Jeffry.
"Are you here to speak with the boy?"
He asked politely closing his notebook as you and your mentor came walking towards him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:22 pm

Colin smiled at Adley, "Wingmen are much like a line of Roman legionnaires. They kept the shield up for themselves, and poked their swords and spears out diagonally to hack at the fellow attacking their comrades, never the fellow immediately in front. It's a good basic tactic; very efficient defense, and emphasizes teamwork. And I like the idea of a tiny tornado of acid and bleach; a bit of finesse could probably use it to cut vicious wounds through the corridors, and be guided slightly away from any prisoners."
He frowned at the mention of collateral casualties, "Imperiling innocents, of course, should be avoided as far as we can, but with Nephandi involved, I guess there's bound to be nasty tricks in place to prevent escapes; we're doubly damned in any case."
He nodded to Adley and Morgan, "Well, right, you see Kyle, I'll swing right by Mr. Bergen's apartment and see how Madame Gottschalk is doing before joining Adley at Mr. Bergen's cell, before we return here. Does that sound about right?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:42 pm

Colin smiled at Adley, "Wingmen are much like a line of Roman legionnaires. They kept the shield up for themselves, and poked their swords and spears out diagonally to hack at the fellow attacking their comrades, never the fellow immediately in front. It's a good basic tactic; very efficient defense, and emphasizes teamwork.

"I see," he said, a thoughtful look crossing his face.

And I like the idea of a tiny tornado of acid and bleach; a bit of finesse could probably use it to cut vicious wounds through the corridors, and be guided slightly away from any prisoners."

"Storms are I hear, a specialty of certain Verbena..."

Jeffry nodded though he raised and eyebrow. "How you understand all of those Technocratic doohickeys I will never get Adley."

"The same way you know how to use magic stones and mirrors, you grew up with that, I grew up with this." Which was why the consensus was the way it was, but be it as it may, he knew how to use a cell phone better than telegraphs.

I do not like it either mea filius, I would like to keep everyone safe, but in my long years as a warrior...sometimes innocents die and if one try to save everyone one will end up saving no one."
"Imperiling innocents, of course, should be avoided as far as we can, but with Nephandi involved, I guess there's bound to be nasty tricks in place to prevent escapes; we're doubly damned in any case."

"Nasty tricks in place on all accounts," he agreed, with a frown.

"Now that is a difficult question, I do not want to go into battle with them before we know what is going on over at Lux Itineris and who we might trust among them and who we can not trust, however on the other side they are powerful, and we might not be able to overpower the Labyrinth without them. If we get Riverside and Westchapel to help us, perhaps the Sisters as well we stand a chance, but then Lux Itineris will start to wonder why they are not being involved and might get in our way. There are no easy answers here."

"If we leave them out, they will come anyway, watch...I cannot imagine that they would not and it would tip them off. I don't know either, but we'll have to think of something. Maybe they would like to be with 'main' attack..."

"Hum yes you are right, Mr von Hess should be included in our talks if we are thinking about anything to do with chemicals."
Jeffry said and Narim nodded

"The avatar eater was partially spirit and part matter...it was alive but tough. Whatever that stuff was, it did something to it. If a caul is also alive and partially spiritual, perhaps thinking of it that way might lead to something."

He nodded to Adley and Morgan, "Well, right, you see Kyle, I'll swing right by Mr. Bergen's apartment and see how Madame Gottschalk is doing before joining Adley at Mr. Bergen's cell, before we return here. Does that sound about right?"

"It might be a moment if we drop by Hannah's room," he reminded him. "Maybe you'd like to meet us there, instead?"

If you go with Jeffry you get down to the cellar and you see Antonio still standing there guarding the small cell, the scribe bowed to Jeffry. "Are you here to speak with the boy?" He asked politely closing his notebook as you and your mentor came walking towards him.

"Yes, hello Antonio. Has he been alright?" he asked, concerned after all that had happened.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Colin nodded, "Very well, Miss Larson the younger's room, then."
Then he gave Narim a quick bow, and headed down to 216 to look for Hildegard.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Colin:

And I like the idea of a tiny tornado of acid and bleach; a bit of finesse could probably use it to cut vicious wounds through the corridors, and be guided slightly away from any prisoners."

"Well that is possible to do, but will require someone with skill and finesse with Auram..."
Jeffry said and tapped the bridge of his nose.
"More finesse than raw power in fact, but I am sure we could find someone to do so, I would think using magick to just spread the fumes thought the entire complex to be easier though."
The old Hermetic said.

He frowned at the mention of collateral casualties, "Imperiling innocents, of course, should be avoided as far as we can, but with Nephandi involved, I guess there's bound to be nasty tricks in place to prevent escapes; we're doubly damned in any case."

"Yes and also remember Mr Wainwright if the Nephandi get their way it do not matter if potential prisoners, if the Nephandi have any, and we do not know that they do, survive or not, for then we will all be to say it in a crude way, screwed. Anyone is expendable in this battle so while I will save a innocent if I can, I will not risk the mission to do so."
The old mage said and there was something hard in his eyes, he had been forced to make such a choice before.

Jeffry nodded.
"Very well Mr Wainwright, that do sound like a plan."

Adley:

"Storms are I hear, a specialty of certain Verbena..."

"Amadeus is certainly quite skilled with Auram yes, on the other hand I am not so sure I would want to send our best healer into the middle of the fray, especially not the most dangerous part of it, since if any of us go down, chances are Master Nassa can get us back up, if that Verbena is taken out, far more of our Chantrymates will die."

"The same way you know how to use magic stones and mirrors, you grew up with that, I grew up with this." Which was why the consensus was the way it was, but be it as it may, he knew how to use a cell phone better than telegraphs.

"Well yes I do assume you are right about that mea filius...though I will never wrap my head around such technology."

"If we leave them out, they will come anyway, watch...I cannot imagine that they would not and it would tip them off. I don't know either, but we'll have to think of something. Maybe they would like to be with 'main' attack..."

"Yes I was thinking about that, if it would be wise to not tell our allies about a potential distraction either, just in case there are those among them who would tip the Nephandi of about our plans, we would have to step lightly though not to insult our allies..."

"The avatar eater was partially spirit and part matter...it was alive but tough. Whatever that stuff was, it did something to it. If a caul is also alive and partially spiritual, perhaps thinking of it that way might lead to something."

"Yes...hum...you might be right there, we will have to talk with Mr Von Hess about it."
Jeffry said and nodded.

"Yes, hello Antonio. Has he been alright?" he asked, concerned after all that had happened.

"He have been sleeping peacefully."
Antonio said as he opened his notebook again and wrote something to open the ward on the cell.
"I do not think he know someone have tired to kill him luckily, but then he was up all night the way I hear it and he have been terrified so he do need his sleep...there the ward is open you can go in now."
The scribe said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:18 pm

Colin you get to Ulv Bergen's room, there you see Adjan and Hildegaard, the Euthanatos seam to be standing guard while his Chorister Cabalmate was singing, her beautiful voice filling the corridor.
"Ah Mr Wainwright can I help you?"
Adjan says when he sees you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:29 pm

Amadeus is certainly quite skilled with Auram yes, on the other hand I am not so sure I would want to send our best healer into the middle of the fray, especially not the most dangerous part of it, since if any of us go down, chances are Master Nassa can get us back up, if that Verbena is taken out, far more of our Chantrymates will die."

"No, I agree and we'll need him to stand guard for those in the basement as well. Though he was the first to mention it, I was generalizing. Perhaps I shouldn't with him, though he is a bit...unique."

"Yes I was thinking about that, if it would be wise to not tell our allies about a potential distraction either, just in case there are those among them who would tip the Nephandi of about our plans, we would have to step lightly though not to insult our allies..."

"Well, the fewer people that know about peripheral attacks the better chance it has for success, I feel. If there's a question of why they weren't told, there is that to tell them to allay insults."

Colin nodded, "Very well, Miss Larson the younger's room, then." Then he gave Narim a quick bow, and headed down to 216 to look for Hildegard.

"See you soon, then. Good luck," he said to his cabalmate and then headed out.

"He have been sleeping peacefully." Antonio said as he opened his notebook again and wrote something to open the ward on the cell.
"I do not think he know someone have tired to kill him luckily, but then he was up all night the way I hear it and he have been terrified so he do need his sleep...there the ward is open you can go in now."

"Thank goodness for a small miracle," he said. "By the way, your apprentice is quite brave - he still wanted to help, even with an avatar eater on the loose. Even if he didn't know what it was exactly, everyone was running away. I do thank him for his help during that chaos," he said to Antonio and then looked at his pater to head inside first.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Colin placed a finger to his lips and nodded toward Hildegaard. He could wait for her song to finish.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:02 pm

Adley:

"No, I agree and we'll need him to stand guard for those in the basement as well. Though he was the first to mention it, I was generalizing. Perhaps I shouldn't with him, though he is a bit...unique."

"Well he is powerful that is for sure...when it comes to Verbena in general, Forces are not the Sphere they are usually best in, but when they study it Auram tend to be what they specialize in, they even have their own House if you want to call it that of Forces using war mages, the Storm Wives, they have a very similar function within the Verbena as our House have in the Order of Hermes."

"Well, the fewer people that know about peripheral attacks the better chance it has for success, I feel. If there's a question of why they weren't told, there is that to tell them to allay insults."

"I agree and if our allies complain they where not told about a distraction maneuver then I am sure we can explain that with wanting to keep the numbers of those knowing about it low, that should be forgivable, ideally such information should not be spread outside those that are invited to the strategy meeting and those we need to pull it off."

"Thank goodness for a small miracle," he said. "By the way, your apprentice is quite brave - he still wanted to help, even with an avatar eater on the loose. Even if he didn't know what it was exactly, everyone was running away. I do thank him for his help during that chaos," he said to Antonio

Antonio gave a proud smile.
"Andrew is a good kid Adley, and thank you."
The scribe said then he got a bit of concern in his eyes.
"Though that bravery of his make me worry about him...I will tell him that you send your thanks. Oh and he have found out there is a mage close to his age in this cell and have been curious, can I let them talk with one another, it might be good for Kyle as well."
Antonio said and Jeffry nodded.
"I do not see a problem with it as long as he says outside of the ward, however I do hope my new apprentice will make friends in the Chantry eventually so he might as well start, but do keep your eyes open."
Your mentor said and Antonio nodded.
"Off course."
He agreed.

he said to Antonio and then looked at his pater to head inside first.

Jeffry headed into the cell and gave a slight smile when he saw the sleeping mage inside.
"It is ashame to wake him, he looks peaceful."
The old Hermetic said before he walked over to the bed and touched the young Fallen lightly on the shoulder.
"Kyle..."

Raymond or now Kyle opened his eyes and looks at you and your mentor with frightened eyes.
"Is something wrong?"
He asked as he blinked and sat up, trying to wake up properly.

Colin:

After several minutes the whole feel in Ulv Bergen's quarters changed, it was like if a breath of fresh air had been let in, and the room seamed lighter and brighter. Hildegaard took a deep breath and stopped singing, though it was like if her voice still hung in the air.
"That should do it, I have taken apart every ward and rote in this apartment."
The Chorister said then she turned to look at Colin.
"May I help you Mr Wainwright?"
The old woman said in her kindly, but stern voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:37 pm

"...they even have their own House if you want to call it that of Forces using war mages, the Storm Wives, they have a very similar function within the Verbena as our House have in the Order of Hermes."

He nodded. It fit with what the old Verbena had told him, after all.

"I agree and if our allies complain they where not told about a distraction maneuver then I am sure we can explain that with wanting to keep the numbers of those knowing about it low, that should be forgivable, ideally such information should not be spread outside those that are invited to the strategy meeting and those we need to pull it off.

"Well, if they are complaining, they are around to complain about it, so hopefully it will have worked."

"Andrew is a good kid Adley, and thank you." The scribe said then he got a bit of concern in his eyes. "Though that bravery of his make me worry about him...I will tell him that you send your thanks.

"I did not send him into the danger, at least as much as I was able to prevent it, but gave him something that was very useful that needed doing. It's understandable to worry but he has done very well under quite a bit of pressure. I think I'm starting to see why apprentices are useful though," he said, trying to lighten the mood a touch.

Oh and he have found out there is a mage close to his age in this cell and have been curious, can I let them talk with one another, it might be good for Kyle as well." Antonio said and Jeffry nodded. "I do not see a problem with it as long as he says outside of the ward, however I do hope my new apprentice will make friends in the Chantry eventually so he might as well start, but do keep your eyes open."

"Keep your ears open too. Andrew always wants to be helpful and though I find this an admirable trait, we have to be cautious about what we do concerning Kyle and his parents until the immediate danger has passed at least, especially when it comes to communication. And after what happened..." Suffice to say that Adley was worried about him.

Raymond or now Kyle opened his eyes and looks at you and your mentor with frightened eyes. "Is something wrong?" He asked as he blinked and sat up, trying to wake up properly.

"Sorry to wake you, Kyle," he said trying not to startle him further. "But we are here to request your assistance if you are willing..." He came over towards the bed, giving him some time to rub the grit out of his eyes. "We've discovered a message but cannot understand it. It is in the Fallen tongue. It might be important, or not but we cannot tell..."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:59 pm

Colin smiled at Hildegaard, "That's beautiful, Madame Gottschalk. I came to see if a photo of Liv Bergen had been located - as recent as possible. And, of course, anything else that might cast some more light on the situation in that regard; I'm afraid I might have cut my own investigation rather short on account of a singular significant piece of evidence. Also..." He glanced over at Adjan, "Mr. Terach, your service may be called on to join a rescue mission. We are still working toward getting the necessary location specifics, but with a little luck, we'll be able to mount the operation within hours at the most."
He looked at the windows, "I never quite managed to identify exactly what those wards did, but they were decidedly wicked. Music soothes the savage beast, indeed."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:51 am

Adley:

"Well, if they are complaining, they are around to complain about it, so hopefully it will have worked."

"Oh they will be complaining allot, that after all is exactly what mage politics is mea filius, a bunch of mages and Chantries doing a whole lot of complaining and some back stabbing added into the mix."
Jeffry said with a wry grin that said that he was only half joking.
"However a plan that do work in foiling the Nephandi's plan are far more likely to be forgiven than a plan that fails."

"I did not send him into the danger, at least as much as I was able to prevent it, but gave him something that was very useful that needed doing. It's understandable to worry but he has done very well under quite a bit of pressure. I think I'm starting to see why apprentices are useful though," he said, trying to lighten the mood a touch.

"I do not believe you sent him into danger Adley, and I am proud about his conduct."
Antonio smiles a little then he nodded.
"He is a good kid and one day he will grow up into a good man and a fine mage, and yes apprentices can be very useful, most of all though they are often the closest thing we mages get to having children to pass our knowledge onto."

"Keep your ears open too. Andrew always wants to be helpful and though I find this an admirable trait, we have to be cautious about what we do concerning Kyle and his parents until the immediate danger has passed at least, especially when it comes to communication. And after what happened..." Suffice to say that Adley was worried about him.

"I will keep my eyes open and it do not pass me by that while Andrew want to help and would never do anything wrong on purpose, he is only seventeen, and barely that, he might do things by accident wanting to help that have negative consequences, but generally he do know how to keep his mouth shut when he have to and I will be keeping an eye on things."
Antonio said to reassure you. Jeffry nodded.
"I am sure you will and I agree that making a friend might be good for Kyle just remember two things, A the ones who want Kyle dead, they will not balk at killing Andrew as well if he get caught in the crossfire, and B while apprenticing Kyle give him the right to a trial and a chance, he have been in a Labyrinth and have worked with the Nephandi, at least to some extent even if it was not by his own will, getting him off the hook might be difficult and if Andrew becomes attached to him, it might be hard for the boy if Kyle is sentenced and..."
Jeffry did not finish what he was going to say but it was clear that he meant it might be quite upsetting to a teenager if he friend was Gilgulled.
"Andrew is still young it is easy to get a negative view of the Traditions if he loose a friend under such circumstances."
Antonio nods to that.
"Yes I know Master Morgan, and I am keeping it in mind, but I do think Andrew is mature enough to handle such a friendship, and perhaps letting the next generation see some of the darker side of the Traditions is the path to making them judge others more fairly than those who came before them."
Your mentor nods at that.
"Perhaps so...perhaps so, well I will allow it in either case."
The old Hermetic said.

"Sorry to wake you, Kyle," he said trying not to startle him further. "But we are here to request your assistance if you are willing..." He came over towards the bed, giving him some time to rub the grit out of his eyes. "We've discovered a message but cannot understand it. It is in the Fallen tongue. It might be important, or not but we cannot tell..."

Kyle rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.
"Ehm...yeah sure no problem."
The kid said when you apologized for waking him.
"I probably should not be sleeping this long anyway it is still in the middle of the day, or morning or whatever is it not? Damned it is hard to keep track of time in here."
The young mage muttered.
"The Nephandi language, the odd ugly words and the screeching? Yeah sure I can try, I mean it is not like I am any good at it but I know a little, it is like half remembered almost like those reincarnation folks at new age conventions, not that I tend to go those those, talk about remembering French because they spoke it it a former life. Anyway when I heard it at the Labyrinth I understood quite a bit of it so I can try."
The boy said and glanced at the two older mages and gave a smile to show he was willing to help.

Colin:

"Your words are to kind Mr Wainwright."
Hildegaard said politely.
"Well the apartment should be safe to search now, I did notive some pictures on the wall of the bedroom though, and some of them are of a little girl, she do resemble Mr Bergen to some extent so that might be his daughter."
The old woman explained.
"I can get them and you can have a look at them Mr Wainwright?"
She offered.

Adjan nodded, his eyes still keeping track of the corridor and the window, keeping watch for any sign of trouble until the apartment had been searched.
"It would not suprise me if I where Mr Wainwright, thank you for the heads up, if it means getting a child out of trouble off course I will be willing to help out. Yes I do know Bergen's child is in trouble, those of the search party was given a bit of details, just to let us know more what to look for and how desperate the man is."
The Euthanatos said in a whisper as he kept watch.
"Protecting those that should be alive is as important to my Tradition as killing those that should not, many seam to not know that about the Chakravanti...ehm Euthanatos."

Hildegaard nodded she glanced at the windows.
"Rip the man body, that is what the Verbena and the Euthanatoi call it, in short it rips apart the patterns of prime that makes a person alive, or in more dramatic words Mr Wainwright it rips out the very essence of your life and put it in a blender making the victim fall to the ground, stone dead without a mark on their bodies, as if they just suddenly stopped being alive, which is also exactly what happened. Quite nasty and well beyond Mr Bergen's registered ability to pull off."
The Chorister said and wrinkeled her nose in disgust.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:42 am

"Oh they will be complaining allot, that after all is exactly what mage politics is mea filius, a bunch of mages and Chantries doing a whole lot of complaining and some back stabbing added into the mix."

Adley did not look overly pleased at the thought of more politics. He finished the coffee and put the mug down on the table.

"He is a good kid and one day he will grow up into a good man and a fine mage, and yes apprentices can be very useful, most of all though they are often the closest thing we mages get to having children to pass our knowledge onto."

"I know...but I don't know about you, I grew up with a brother and a sister and we had chores...and that didn't even scratch the surface of duties for my apprenticeship. Anyway, I agree about Andrew."

"I will keep my eyes open and it do not pass me by that while Andrew want to help and would never do anything wrong on purpose, he is only seventeen, and barely that, he might do things by accident...

He nodded. "Thank you."

"I probably should not be sleeping this long anyway it is still in the middle of the day, or morning or whatever is it not? Damned it is hard to keep track of time in here."

"It's late morning."

"The Nephandi language, the odd ugly words and the screeching? Yeah sure I can try, I mean it is not like I am any good at it but I know a little, it is like half remembered almost like those reincarnation folks at new age conventions, not that I tend to go those those, talk about remembering French because they spoke it it a former life. Anyway when I heard it at the Labyrinth I understood quite a bit of it so I can try."

"Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Whatever is being said, well, it may be disturbing," he said. "You don't have to, but if you're sure, then I'll play you a recording and you can see what you make of it, okay?" He took the phone, ready to play the recording for him, and stop it if it seemed to disturb him too much.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:13 am

"I know...but I don't know about you, I grew up with a brother and a sister and we had chores...and that didn't even scratch the surface of duties for my apprenticeship. Anyway, I agree about Andrew."

"Well yes an apprentice is expected to work for the training they receive. Once when the Order of Hermes was young the rule was that the student was to receive one season worth of instruction a year, leave three seasons for them to work as lab assistants and servants for their mentors."
The scribe says and Jeffry nods.
"It is still the law as a minimum though most give their apprentices more training than that, but yes I do like to keep them busy."
The old Flambeau said with a bit of a grin to you.

He nodded. "Thank you."

Antonio nodded at than.

"It's late morning."

"Thank you."
Kyle said and scratched his head.
"I should have worn a wrist watch when I went out yesterday."
He muttered.
"But I have gotten so used to having a watch on my phone."
Jeffry glanced at the young mage and frowned.
"It do seam everyone is getting so dependent on the infernal devices, but I will teach you to keep track of time without such instruments eventually."
He commented more to himself than to his new apprentice and Kyle raised an eyebrow and looked at you.
"Infernal devices?"
The boy asked.

"Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Whatever is being said, well, it may be disturbing," he said. "You don't have to, but if you're sure, then I'll play you a recording and you can see what you make of it, okay?"

"Yeah I can see how it might be disturbing since it will be coming from the eyeballs as well decorations brigade, but I will be fine, remember I am the kid that sees a Onryō creeping around on the walls and who's Dad have shown him how to use a knife to carve up his own brain since he was like ten, I am sort of used to disturbing."
Kyle said with a bit of a grin.

He took the phone, ready to play the recording for him, and stop it if it seemed to disturb him too much.

"Ok, I am ready, you two better cover your ears though this shit is horrible to listen to unless you are...well you know like me."
The boy said and closed his eyes so he could listen better and focus on the words.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:40 am

"It do seam everyone is getting so dependent on the infernal devices, but I will teach you to keep track of time without such instruments eventually."
He commented more to himself than to his new apprentice and Kyle raised an eyebrow and looked at you.
"Infernal devices?

He looked a little amused at first but his smile faded. "He means the cell phone. He's got a point though, they are ubiquitous, tools of technomancers and Technocrats alike, widespread in part thanks to the Technocracy. Which has led to our pater's favoured forms of communication falling out of common use."

"Yeah I can see how it might be disturbing since it will be coming from the eyeballs as well decorations brigade, but I will be fine, remember I am the kid that sees a Onryō creeping around on the walls and who's Dad have shown him how to use a knife to carve up his own brain since he was like ten, I am sort of used to disturbing."

"I don't know what an Onryō is, but as long as you're sure."

"Ok, I am ready, you two better cover your ears though this shit is horrible to listen to unless you are...well you know like me."
The boy said and closed his eyes so he could listen better and focus on the words.

"Yes, I've heard it before," he said, making a face. He looked at his pater, so he knew he was about to play it and hit the icon on the phone to start the playback.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 am

He looked a little amused at first but his smile faded. "He means the cell phone. He's got a point though, they are ubiquitous, tools of technomancers and Technocrats alike, widespread in part thanks to the Technocracy. Which has led to our pater's favoured forms of communication falling out of common use."

"Cell phones are the tools of Technocrats? You mean someone do magick with cell phones?"
Kyle asked quite surprised and your mentor nods.
"Oh yes, and our technomancers as well. Adley is right though, I do miss the time when we used scrying mirrors and balls for such communications, hell even the telegraph would do but these little boxes of glass and plastic, no I do not favor them."
The old Hermetic sand and Kyle grinned.
"That is so cool, I want to do magick with a cell phone."
Jeffry said and patted the boy on the shoulder.
"Well then you will need to develop for yourself two systems to work with I am afraid for that you will not be learning from me young man."

"I don't know what an Onryō is, but as long as you're sure."

"They are Japanese vengeful ghosts, like the ones you see in the Grudge and the Ring, you know the woman I told you about that I see crawling on the walls and standing over my bed at night, the woman I have seen since I Awakened...and yeah I am sure."

"Yes, I've heard it before," he said, making a face. He looked at his pater, so he knew he was about to play it and hit the icon on the phone to start the playback.

There where sounds from the phone, you do make out that it was a man and a woman making the sounds and here and there where things that had to be words, but for the most part it sounded like cats being tortured, worse though these where sounds that should not be, like if the very concept of language was being raped by the utterances of these sounds. Your mentor frowned at the sounds, though he had to much self control to shudder even if he wanted to. Kyle though did not seam bothered by the words at all.

"Ok he is commenting that someone called...Abigail are talking with her pet and is setting something up."
Kyle muttered then he raised an eyebrow...and then he went very pale.
"Oh shit they are talking about blowing up and Umbral dock or port...I have no idea what that is but they are saying that the blast will bled over into the physical world and take out the airport and several blocks around it as well."
The young mage said looking quite worried.
"Ehm...I do not understand all the words but basically the woman is asking the man if the ball is ready...a hanging spell she calls it, a ball of abysmal flame...he says that it is but reminds her that the Paradox from it will likely kill him and she seam to think that is an acceptable sacrifice..."
The young willworker tried to sort out what he was hearing, like someone half competent in a language trying to translate.
"The man is asking if the woman have someone in mind to deliver the ball to the airport, as it have to be activated...the woman say she do, a girl that had disappointed her and let a Traditionalist live yesterday. The man asks if she is sure this girl will do the job and the woman say that she have been tortured half to death and should be scared enough to obey. The man asks when the operation is taking place, and the woman say Saturday at 12 since then a large ship is expected in at the Boston space docks...ehm...then the man asks if they should be discussing this while this Abigail is on the phone...and that is the end of it, the woman say something at the end but I can not make it out as the recording is cut at that time."
Kyle said and looks at you.
"Saturday...that is today..."
He muttered.
"Thousands of people are going to die..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:35 am

"They are Japanese vengeful ghosts, like the ones you see in the Grudge and the Ring, you know the woman I told you about that I see crawling on the walls and standing over my bed at night, the woman I have seen since I Awakened...and yeah I am sure."

"Ah, I see, yes."

Adley hated the Nephandi tongue...To others it sounded like animals being tortured, to him it was as if words were being destroyed. He forced himself to listen through it as best he could, teeth gritted.

"Ok he is commenting that someone called...Abigail are talking with her pet and is setting something up." Kyle muttered then he raised an eyebrow...and then he went very pale. "Oh shit they are talking about blowing up and Umbral dock or port..."Saturday...that is today..."
He muttered. "Thousands of people are going to die..."

"Oh my god..." His heart felt as if it had stopped and then suddenly stuttered back to life. "Noon..." He looked at his mentor with huge eyes, his fingers digging into the edge of the bed, then looked away, at the wall, staring at nothing as he began to talk rapidly. "What can we do? We have to stop this! We have to delay that ship, evacuate the port..." If they'd saved June...but how...how could they have...and if they'd killed her, it would have been someone else. He forced himself to take his phone out and look at the time. Something...they had to do something.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:04 am

Jeffry looks at you he looks shocked for a moment then his mind snapped into action and he stood.
"Thank you Kyle, we have to go, we have to try to stop this."
He said before he hurried out of the cell.
"Mr Riez take care of Kyle please, make sure that he is alright."
The old Flambeau called then he motioned for you to follow him.
"Talk while you walk mea filius."
Your mentor said.
"We have half an hour, let us spend it wisely, first get Mr Wainwright if we have to negotiate with this Nephandi woman I want him to be a part of it, but let him know it will be dangerous. We have no chance to evacuate the airport in time, but we might stop more ships from landing at the Umbra docks."
Jeffry pulled out his phone and called someone.
"Narim I have no time to explain, I need you to do three things for me...first of all call someone at the Umbra Docks and warn them, someone is planning to blow the place up, you need to make sure no more ships lands there before it is safe...if it is safe. The you need to find Hannah Larson's phone and send Adley the number of that Nephandi woman, we might need it, then, and I hate to ask you this but I need you to teleport me, Adley and if he is willing Mr Wainwright to somewhere near the entrance to the Umbra port's regio as soon as possible...thank you we are heading back up towards the Council Chambers now."
Jeffry said and then he hung up and put the phone in his pocket.
"I will not order you to come with me Adley...but I could use you in finding this woman and containing the situation...though I hate to put you in danger...worst case I will try to contain the explosion but if they have a ball that have been allowed to build Quintessence for a while...well there is a limit to even my abilities mea filius."
The old mage said and gave you a serious look.
"The choice is yours."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:53 am

"Thank you Kyle, we have to go, we have to try to stop this." He said before he hurried out of the cell.

It felt like there was a blankness that was threatening to encroach on him, from the periphery. But his mentor's voice cut through and he stood up. He could not fall apart now, not in front of the apprentice, not when they still had time. He looked at him and said, "Kyle, thank you...don't give up, no matter what happens, don't give into the dark." Sometimes, he wondered if half the things he said were for his own benefit...his legs were already moving out the door.

"Talk while you walk mea filius." Your mentor said.

"They tortured her and now they are using her." He began, trying to focus and get his mind working. "We know what she looks like, we could get an alert out to stop her..."

"We have half an hour, let us spend it wisely, first get Mr Wainwright if we have to negotiate with this Nephandi woman I want him to be a part of it, but let him know it will be dangerous. We have no chance to evacuate the airport in time, but we might stop more ships from landing at the Umbra docks."

"Seeing me could be a liability, I'm the reason she's in the position she is in now. The only reason she didn't kill me is because..." He listened as he called up Narim and then called up Colin.

"I will not order you to come with me Adley...but I could use you in finding this woman and containing the situation...though I hate to put you in danger...worst case I will try to contain the explosion but if they have a ball that have been allowed to build Quintessence for a while...well there is a limit to even my abilities mea filius." The old mage said and gave you a serious look. "The choice is yours."

"You know I will help in whatever way that I can. You do not have to order me, pater. If you need me then I will go. But I admit to being a bit short on ideas right now...." He kept walking, still trying to . "We have to stop this...I don't know if June will listen to me, not after what happened to her. Hopefully to Colin."  It was a funny thing, but he was less afraid of his own death than he was at the fact that thousands of people could die if they failed and the chantry would have lost one of their best defenders - but they had to try. Walking into a bomb site...no time to prepare anything...he checked he had his tools, his weapons...his sanity. "Who will cover things here while we're out?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:30 am

"Kyle, thank you...don't give up, no matter what happens, don't give into the dark." Sometimes, he wondered if half the things he said were for his own benefit...his legs were already moving out the door.

Kyle looked rather frightened but he nodded.
"Don't let them all get killed..."
He muttered. You see Antonio move into the cell the tend to the boy.
"I will take care of him, he is safe."
The scribe said, he looked alarmed as well but he did not ask what was going on, he understood that there where no time for that.

"They tortured her and now they are using her." He began, trying to focus and get his mind working. "We know what she looks like, we could get an alert out to stop her..."

"We can...but chances are that she will activate the ball the moment she feel threatened or even that she have it on a dead man's handle, she seam to be fond of those."
Your mentor said dryly.

"Seeing me could be a liability, I'm the reason she's in the position she is in now. The only reason she didn't kill me is because..." He listened as he called up Narim and then called up Colin.

"Possibly but you did manage to talk her down before and we did keep our word to her and let her go, that is something...that have to cound for something."
The old mage muttered.

"You know I will help in whatever way that I can. You do not have to order me, pater. If you need me then I will go. But I admit to being a bit short on ideas right now...." He kept walking, still trying to .

"I am not coming up with to many ideas either mea filus, and thank you, but I know we have to do something, anything we can not let all those Sleepers die because of our war...we just can not."
Jeffry said and looked at you for a moment.
"I do know I do not have to order you Adley...but I also want you to know you have the choice not to go."

We have to stop this...I don't know if June will listen to me, not after what happened to her. Hopefully to Colin." It was a funny thing, but he was less afraid of his own death than he was at the fact that thousands of people could die if they failed and the chantry would have lost one of their best defenders - but they had to try. Walking into a bomb site...no time to prepare anything...he checked he had his tools, his weapons...his sanity. "Who will cover things here while we're out?"

"Narim is the Chantry's second in command, he will handle things for now...damned those Nephandi!"
The old mage said as he hurried up the stairs.
"Miss Larson...do you think there is any chance can can talk this June down over the phone? I do not want to put her in danger, not while she is in our custody..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:46 am

Colin nodded to Hildegaard, "That would be excellent, Ma'am. Thank you."
He turned to Adjan again, "Yes, I'm well aware - Stewards of Fate, not of Death. I admit, I understand it a bit further than that, too; Initiate of Entropy, with a preference for the Fate and Chance aspects. Oh, I understand enough of the... other aspect to use it with some finesse, as well, I just find it personally unpleasant. It's an admirable dedication your Order has, to posit yourselves in the balance like that; I can't honestly say I would have the endurance for it in the long run."
He frowned at the windows, "Reap the Man Body, eh? Which means Mr. Bergen quite indubitably had guests here... Which means... Excuse me for a moment..."
Colin turned away and fished up his phone, tapping out a message to Narim, "Mr. Bergen's windows had defenses well above his ability. He must have had guests in his apartment; do we have a record of any visitors he might have entertained?"

((OOC: The airport? Awferfuckssake... Lisa Larson needs to be caught alive so she can get swiftly kicked by all of Boston. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top