June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:40 pm

"They have a different way of doing what they do than us, or a different way that what they do interact with reality, but that do not make them less mages and to be honest most would not be able to tell the difference unless they knew exactly what they where looking for or examined a working magically, to me magick is magick, everything else is details."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"Unfortunately many do not see it like that and just like in sleeper society when someone feel superior to another person the step is short from that to mistreating that person."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:55 pm

"And I guess you are right that the Nephandi might not be just one group." The finally admitted and sigh

"And while the group that's against us is active, things have been very, very bad." Even some of the Nephandi that lived in Larson's labyrinth, not all of them wanted what she did. He frowned a little thinking of June. They had to take that woman out somehow.

"And what if you fail, and she is turned, she will then have to live out the centuries like that, like some freak of nature, her Avatar shattered...you can not let that happen!"

His frown deepened. Even Carmon had been an adult, man not that being turned into a vampire was not already a most horrid fate for both the host and the avatar. To be a child forever... "I know what is at stake Bergen," he said seriously. "I do not want her avatar shattered, or to see her poisoned or harmed. Would you rather that we do nothing, and for you to learn later that they traded her away? I do not think you do. I do not."

"I can not think of any other questions to ask right now, can you mea filius?" He asked

"When did you mail the hair to Larson?"

When he heard someone at the cell door, he moved so that he could cover it. He could hear Colin muttering on the other side of the door before it closed and frowned; he didn't like that it seemed he was having a whole conversation out there, given how long his pater was absent. He asked Bergen, "If there is anything else you can think of to tell us, tell us now. You never know what turns out to be useful, so search your mind well."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:13 pm

"And while the group that's against us is active, things have been very, very bad." Even some of the Nephandi that lived in Larson's labyrinth, not all of them wanted what she did. He frowned a little thinking of June. They had to take that woman out somehow.

Bergen sigh and shakes his head.
"And these are the monsters that have my daughter."
He muttered.

His frown deepened. Even Carmon had been an adult, man not that being turned into a vampire was not already a most horrid fate for both the host and the avatar. To be a child forever... "I know what is at stake Bergen," he said seriously. "I do not want her avatar shattered, or to see her poisoned or harmed. Would you rather that we do nothing, and for you to learn later that they traded her away? I do not think you do. I do not."

"No...I want you to do something if you can...I just fear that it will backfire."
The Cultist said and sigh.
"Whatever you think of me Roth Hicks, Liv deserves better than what the Nephandi is threatening to do to her, please save her."

"When did you mail the hair to Larson?"

"About a week and a half ago."

He asked Bergen, "If there is anything else you can think of to tell us, tell us now. You never know what turns out to be useful, so search your mind well."

"No I do not think...wait there is two things, Abigail really hates someone called the Jade Demon, bit of a pompous name if you ask me, I have overheard her grumbling about him at times, also some years ago Abigail sent Larson her apprentice, but now the girl is missing, Larson claims the Traditions took her, but Abigail is not buying it, I do not know if it helps but I overheard and argument between them once about the topic over skype."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:21 pm

"No...I want you to do something if you can...I just fear that it will backfire."
The Cultist said and sigh. "Whatever you think of me Roth Hicks, Liv deserves better than what the Nephandi is threatening to do to her, please save her."

"I agree with you on that, if nothing else, that she does not deserve it. They are using your fear to control you." He sighed. "I wish you had trusted us, Bergen instead of the Nephandi. Now we are at the final hours and you have compromised us. But we will do what we can, an avatar is at stake. "

"...Abigail really hates someone called the Jade Demon, bit of a pompous name if you ask me, I have overheard her grumbling about him at times, also some years ago Abigail sent Larson her apprentice, but now the girl is missing, Larson claims the Traditions took her, but Abigail is not buying it, I do not know if it helps but I overheard and argument between them once about the topic over skype."

"Do you know what the name of this apprentice is? And you mean it was Abigail's apprentice, correct?" He tried to imagine them having arguments in their respective Labyrinths and it was too much. But perhaps something for the Virtual Adepts to try to find. "When was this conversation over Skype?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:30 pm

Colin nodded and stroked his signet ring, looking toward the door again, "Indeed. Perhaps you should attend the remainder of the interrogation of the case in point, while I wait outside?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:00 pm

Adley:

"I agree with you on that, if nothing else, that she does not deserve it. They are using your fear to control you." He sighed. "I wish you had trusted us, Bergen instead of the Nephandi. Now we are at the final hours and you have compromised us. But we will do what we can, an avatar is at stake. "

"I see no reason to trust you or anyone in this Chantry but it seams that right now I have no choice."
Ulv hissed.
"Just...get her back safely, please."

"Do you know what the name of this apprentice is? And you mean it was Abigail's apprentice, correct?"

"I think it was Martha, that name was mentioned at least, though no last name was said."
Ulv nodded.
"And yes the way I understood it this was Abigail's apprentice yes."

He tried to imagine them having arguments in their respective Labyrinths and it was too much. But perhaps something for the Virtual Adepts to try to find. "When was this conversation over Skype?"

"It was...last Friday I think."
Bergen said as he tried to remember back.
"Yes, not yesterday but the Friday before that."

Colin:

Colin nodded and stroked his signet ring, looking toward the door again, "Indeed. Perhaps you should attend the remainder of the interrogation of the case in point, while I wait outside?"

"That is probably a good idea Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said .
"I will probably not be long."
He said before he opened the door again and walked back into Bergen's cell, nodding to Adley as he did so.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:33 pm

"I see no reason to trust you or anyone in this Chantry but it seams that right now I have no choice." Ulv hissed. "Just...get her back safely, please.

"Really? You don't want to trust the people that actually give a damn?" He frowned at him. "As I said, we actually want to get her back and safely. Before it is too late."

He nodded at the rest of the information regarding Martha and the conversations they'd had. "Have you ever used Skype to talk to either of them?"

"I will probably not be long." He said before he opened the door again and walked back into Bergen's cell, nodding to Adley as he did so...

He looked over at him and then said, "I have no more questions at this time that I can think of," he said.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:41 pm

"Really? You don't want to trust the people that actually give a damn?" He frowned at him. "As I said, we actually want to get her back and safely. Before it is too late."

"We will see, get Liv back and perhaps I will trust you more then."
Ulv said defiantly.

He nodded at the rest of the information regarding Martha and the conversations they'd had. "Have you ever used Skype to talk to either of them?"

"Yes several times, it is a practical way to communicate."

He looked over at him and then said, "I have no more questions at this time that I can think of," he said.

Jeffry nodded.
"Very well."
Then he turned to Bergen and said.
"We will leave you be for now then Mr Bergen thank you for your cooperation, we will do what we can to rescue your daughter. If anything else of importance comes to mind please alert your guard and one of us will be sent for."
He said with as much polite restraint as he could though it was clear that he did not like Ulv Bergen.
"Now if you will excuse us Mr Bergen."
He said and begun to head for the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:50 pm

"Yes several times, it is a practical way to communicate."

"Your logs and contact...are they in your computer or phone still? If not, do you recall their contact info? It will be helpful if you turn over your logins so we can get that information...as well if there's any traps you've put on your communication items, tell us now."

"Now if you will excuse us Mr Bergen." He said and begun to head for the door

Adley checked over Bergen's restraints before he left him, seeing if he was managing anything underhanded while they had been talking, or beforehand.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:09 pm

"I delete everything once I am done with a conversation, I would not keep that laying around."
Bergen said.
"I can give you the telefon number to Solveig, and to Abigail, but other than that they would contact me with different logins and names each time."
He explained.
"I do not have any traps on my phone or my computer but I have deleted everything to do with the Nephandi."

Bergen's restrains where secure, though his wrists was beginning to become a bit score from having been bound by a bathrobe belt for some hours now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:17 pm

"I can give you the telefon number to Solveig, and to Abigail, but other than that they would contact me with different logins and names each time." He explained.

"Yes, please give me those." He thought though that if anyone could dig those records up it would be the Adepts, even he knew that it was not that easy to delete something. Once he had gotten the information from him and checked his bindings, he glanced around at anything handy in the room he might try to use to escape and removed it before leaving him locked in the room again to join his mentor out in the hallway.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:21 pm

Bergen lists up two phone numbers for you. There is nothing in his cell that he can use to escape that you see on a quick check at least, the man glares at you when you check his bindings, if looks could kill. You get out into the hallway where Jeffry is waiting together with Colin.
"So mea filius did Mr Bergen have anything else useful to say?"
Your mentor asks then he begins to walk.
"We should go to my office and discuss matters."
He said as he walked and expected the pair of you to follow him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:27 pm

"So mea filius did Mr Bergen have anything else useful to say?" Your mentor asks then he begins to walk. "We should go to my office and discuss matters.

"Possibly, but yes let's not talk here in the open." He nodded to Colin and then followed along.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:32 pm

You get to the bottom of the stairs where a tall dark blond man in jeans and a polo sweater and a small, blond woman stood waiting.
"Ah yes...Mr Norris you needed a safe place to meditate?"
Jeffry asked.
"I would suggest the attic it is secluded and we have guards up there."
Your mentor continued and the blond woman looked skeptical.
"Are you sure Sebastian will be safe there, he will be helpless until I return."
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:48 pm

He looked at the pair. "Greetings," he said to them. It looked as if these two fit the description he'd been told for Cita's assistants. The 'girl' seemed rather protective of the man, he noted. They might need to find someone to keep an eye on this Sebastian as well, it looked like. And then it hit him that they were downstairs in the first place. He glanced at Colin.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:07 pm

The girl turned her eyes from Jeffry to Adley and her eyes was strange she did not look that different from other young women, jaw length, messy blond hair, a denim skirt and striped top and several bracelets on each wrist, but her eyes, her blue gaze was ancient.
"I am rather sure that as long as this Chantry remains safe then Mr Norris will be fairly safe in the attic yes Miss Connie."
Jeffry said then he gave a slight smile.
"But I forget my manners, Sebastian Norris bani Cult of Ecstasy this is my student Adley Roth Hicks."
He said introducing the two of you. Sebastian held out his hand to you in greeting.
"Nice to meet you."
He said then he indicated the girl.
"This is Connie."
He said, the girl though just gave you a look for a moment before she nodded.
"Hello."
She said. Jeffry glanced at Colin.
"I hear you have already met Mr Wainwright, however for security reasons his suggested location for your meditation is not ideal Mr Norris."
He said and the Cultist nodded.
"I understand Master Morgan."
He said politely.
"I am sure the attic will be fine."
He said though Connie did not seam convinced.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:10 pm

Richard looking a little tired walks into the room

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:19 pm

Colin nodded back to Adley as he emerged from the cell, and followed along to the stairwell, "It was either down here or up in the attic, really; both are secluded and guarded, relative to the rest of the building, and my guess that the higher level of guard here would be preferential to the attic turned out incorrect."
He shrugged, "I cannot read minds, after all. Sir, should I lead them to the attic and meet you in the office once you speak with Mrs. von Hess?"

((OOC: "Just a little catnap" turned into "comatose for two and a half hours", followed by "about a dozen posts as I slept". Dayum. O.o))

((OOC2: Welcome back, Ashan!))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:41 pm

Connie nodded.
"Yes I would think there where better security near your Node than at the attic."
She said Jeffry gave Colin a look then he said.
"That might be so but right now we can not allow anyone but Chantry members near the Node."
He said politely then he turned to Colin.
"Very well that sounds like a plan Mr Wainwright."
The Security Chief said.

(OOC: Welcome back Ashan. I am a bit confused though which room is Richard walking into, do you mean his apartment or the basement hallway that Colin and Adley are in?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:47 pm

Colin nodded, "See you in the office then, Sir, Adley. If you would kindly follow me, Mr. Norris and Connie?"
He started for the stairs.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:25 pm

Sebastian nodded and begun to follow you.
"Very well lead the way Mr Wainwright."
He said. Connie looked skeptical but she did come along.
"Why are you having guards at your attic?"
She asked as she was giving Colin a stern look.
"I will see you in a little while then Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said politely as you left with the two guests.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:00 pm

Colin nodded, "Shouldn't take more than a few minutes, Sir."
He smiled to Connie on the way up, "It is a bit of a long story... Essentially, we have a pair of guests there in protective custody. A local problem has an interest in them, and so we have a warden assigned to them. Oh, don't look at me like that, miss, I assure you, I don't have a deceitful nor malicious bone in my body."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:14 pm

Sebastian held out his hand to you in greeting. "Nice to meet you."

He said then he indicated the girl. "This is Connie."He said, the girl though just gave you a look for a moment before she nodded. "Hello."

Adley wasn't a hand shaker by nature and he didn't know these people...he was more paranoid than he should be, probably but he didn't want to be rude either. He ended up staring at it for a second and then giving him a Roman style arm-clasp instead. "It is nice to meet you as well Mr Norris, thank you for coming on such short notice."  Then he looked at Connie and nodded to her. "Connie, thank you for your expertise and assistance in this matter."

"I hear you have already met Mr Wainwright, however for security reasons his suggested location for your meditation is not ideal Mr Norris." He said and the Cultist nodded. "I understand Master Morgan." He said politely. "I am sure the attic will be fine."
He said though Connie did not seam convinced.

Adley watched them and then turned to Connie. "Is there some reason you feel that your friend would be unsafe in the attic?" he asked her. Then he looked at his mentor. "Is there someone that we can ask to stay with them to watch over them as they work?"

Colin nodded, "See you in the office then, Sir, Adley. If you would kindly follow me, Mr. Norris and Connie?" He started for the stairs.

He nodded to them all. "If you'll excuse us."

//
@Warp - lol that happens every time I go to sleep, thanks to time zones. I wake up and stuff has happened...
@Ashan welcome back,good to see you = )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:02 am

Colin:

Connie regarded you for a while then she said.
"No you do not have a malicious bone in your body, you can be violent if you need to but I do not think you are a threat to Sebastian no."
She said then she continued.
"However these guests...are you sure they are safe to be around?"

Adley:

"It is nice to meet you as well Mr Norris, thank you for coming on such short notice."  Then he looked at Connie and nodded to her. "Connie, thank you for your expertise and assistance in this matter."

Sebastian nodded.
"Well Cita is a friend so when she asked for a favor I can not much refuse."
He said. Connie gave you a bit of a smile.

Adley watched them and then turned to Connie. "Is there some reason you feel that your friend would be unsafe in the attic?" he asked her. Then he looked at his mentor. "Is there someone that we can ask to stay with them to watch over them as they work?"

"No but he will be helpless while I lead your visitor to the Well of Souls, he have to go into a deep trance where he is only barely alive or I can not leave his side, there are rules after all. And there are so much suffering in this building, there are screams in the walls and more to come."
Connie said cryptically.

Jeffry nodded.
"I will make a call and send someone up there to keep Mr Norris safe while he work."
He said before he smile to Connie.
"He will be kept safe Miss I assure you that I will not let anyone be harmed under this roof if it is in my power to stop it."
Connie gave the Hermetic a look.
"But it is not always in your power to stop..."
She said and Sebastian's eyes widened and he turned red.
"Please forgive Connie Sir, she can be blunt."
He said Jeffry just nodded.
"Well she is right, it is not always within my power Mr Norris, but I will do what I can to keep you safe and that is all I can offer."
Sebastian nodded.
"That will be more than enough Sir."
He assured the Hermetic.

He nodded to them all. "If you'll excuse us."

Sebastian gave you a bow.
"Good day Mr Roth Hicks."
He said before he went with Colin. Connie just looks at you for a moment with those knowing blue eyes before she as well left.

Jeffry looks on at Colin and the two guests leave.
"Now those two are a peculiar pair."
He muttered more to himself that to you.

(OOC: Sorry about that we do try to stop when we get to a point where Adley should reply.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:21 am

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:Connie nodded.
"Yes I would think there where better security near your Node than at the attic."
She said Jeffry gave Colin a look then he said.
"That might be so but right now we can not allow anyone but Chantry members near the Node."
He said politely then he turned to Colin.
"Very well that sounds like a plan Mr Wainwright."
The Security Chief said.

(OOC: Welcome back Ashan. I am a bit confused though which room is Richard walking into, do you mean his apartment or the basement hallway that Colin and Adley are in?)

OOC basement hallway

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top