Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:20 pm

"It is my late apprentice Dylan Townsend and his sister Claire." The Etherite said.
"Surly you would not know them though Mr Roth Hicks, they passed in the late 1940's not long after that picture was taken." The woman said sadly.

"Your apprentice?" He looked at her thoughtfully, though he didn't seem to want to pry, he couldn't help asking, "Claire...was she of the Order of Hermes?"

"We do, now you have two options, arranging for two cars should not be much of a trouble...it is not much but your team are welcome to use it if you so desire."

"That will be very helpful," he said. He looked at the others. "Would you prefer to take one van or two cars?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:48 pm

Colin stroked his chin, giving Adley a sideways look, "The minibus has the merit of keeping us all together; it'll probably be slightly more sluggish in traffic, though. Two smaller cars have the merit of being more agile in traffic, but with the potential flaw of being separable... I'm not adequately familiar with the streets of Chicago to guess at which features will be preferable, though; I hardly think five chapters of the Dresden Files count as adequate reference material."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:53 pm

"Being separated may also provide a boon if we need to use a bit of misdirection. And cars would be easier to blend in than an older bus," he added. "We'll need two decent navigators if we do it that way. I assume Mrs Addlebloom you can help us? I'm not familiar with Chicago either."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:11 pm

"Your apprentice?" He looked at her thoughtfully, though he didn't seem to want to pry, he couldn't help asking, "Claire...was she of the Order of Hermes?"

Madeline Rose raised an eyebrow.
"Yes in fact she was, she was of House Tytalus, how did you know Mr Roth Hicks?"
She asked sounding quite surprised.

"That will be very helpful," he said. He looked at the others.

"You are welcome Mr Roth Hicks just let me know which of the two options you prefer."

"Would you prefer to take one van or two cars?"

"The minibus have the advantage of keeping us all together and since the plaza we are going to are well known me might blend in as tourists, however on the downside it will be slower, easier to spot and less maneuverable."
Francesca said she still seamed a bit shook up from seeing that Freedom Razor earlier.

I'm not adequately familiar with the streets of Chicago to guess at which features will be preferable, though; I hardly think five chapters of the Dresden Files count as adequate reference material."

"I do not often drive myself Mr Wainwright it is not proper for a lady, but if you need it I can offer you the services of one of our Virtual Adepts or one of the Mercere living at this Chantry they know the streets well."
Madeline offered.

"Being separated may also provide a boon if we need to use a bit of misdirection. And cars would be easier to blend in than an older bus," he added. "We'll need two decent navigators if we do it that way. I assume Mrs Addlebloom you can help us? I'm not familiar with Chicago either."

"I am more in favor of the two cars option, it let us get around easier and faster."
Freddy said then she nodded.
"Yeah I should be able to navigate fairly well, I do not know the city well but I tend to know where to go anyway, just look at me as your personal Edric only cuter."
She said, oblivious to the fact that the Hermetic might not catch her Dune reference.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:08 pm

Colin nodded, giving Freddy a sly sideways look, "Well, considering our appearances come off as a rather odd melange of personal styles, I suppose using a guided tour as a cover might at least lower suspicions about us. Hiding in plain sight is a good thing - doubly so with known Technocrats in the general area. As for finding, I know my telephone does have the necessary navigation suite. But without knowing how the Chicago traffic normally flows - the local consensus for common courtesy, as it were - knowing the layout of the streets is only half the issue."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:01 am

Madeline Rose raised an eyebrow. "Yes in fact she was, she was of House Tytalus, how did you know Mr Roth Hicks?" She asked sounding quite surprised.

Adley stared at the picture as if he was drawing out every detail from it and then frowned. "It seems as if other people's pasts are becoming my present...I hate to bring up bad memories, but what happened to them?" He glanced at her too, as if to find something there recognizable. "Forgive me, I know this is personal. Hopefully after this current crisis is through we can...talk."

"The minibus have the advantage of keeping us all together and since the plaza we are going to are well known me might blend in as tourists, however on the downside it will be slower, easier to spot and less maneuverable." Francesca said she still seamed a bit shook up from seeing that Freedom Razor earlier.

"True. Through we can still give the pretense of a tourist group by assembling from slightly different angles to the plaza before moving onwards together or something like that. It might not be a bad idea to play it off that way at first but eventually we'll need to gain access to the apartment building which I would imagine is off a general tour route. The area will be under surveillance and it's broad daylight." Good against vampires, bad for going incognito.

"I do not often drive myself Mr Wainwright it is not proper for a lady, but if you need it I can offer you the services of one of our Virtual Adepts or one of the Mercere living at this Chantry they know the streets well."

He nodded at that. "It might not hurt to have a backup number to call in an emergency."

"I am more in favor of the two cars option, it let us get around easier and faster." Freddy said then she nodded. "Yeah I should be able to navigate fairly well, I do not know the city well but I tend to know where to go anyway, just look at me as your personal Edric only cuter."

"Very well, we'll need one more person to assist the other car in navigating, either physically or via a phone then. I know that you had said you wished to find Colin's 'friend' to see if they would assist us. So we should also secure somewhere for you to do that, as well," he said to Freddy, not understanding her reference but the import of her meaning carried.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:17 am

Colin nodded, giving Freddy a sly sideways look, "Well, considering our appearances come off as a rather odd melange of personal styles, I suppose using a guided tour as a cover might at least lower suspicions about us. Hiding in plain sight is a good thing - doubly so with known Technocrats in the general area.

"Yes it might give us a cover."
Freddy agreed.
"But it will also make it much harder to get away if we need to move quickly."
The Virtual Adept said.
"And there are plenty of odd personal styles on the streets already they do not all get accosted by the Union."

As for finding, I know my telephone does have the necessary navigation suite. But without knowing how the Chicago traffic normally flows - the local consensus for common courtesy, as it were - knowing the layout of the streets is only half the issue."

"Local customs I can not help you with love, but I can make a program that will show you how the traffic flows."
Freddy offered.

Adley stared at the picture as if he was drawing out every detail from it and then frowned. "It seems as if other people's pasts are becoming my present...I hate to bring up bad memories, but what happened to them?"

Madeline sigh, she sat back down behind her desk and shook her head sadly.
"I...should have expected this to come up again eventually when I heard the name of the Nephandi woman who are causing trouble in Chicago, you see once she lead a Labyrinth here this Abigail did and one of her victims was my apprentice and his sister. I do not want to know the torture she put them through, my son's confession only say that he was tortured, and I know when they brought him out of that place he had this haggard look in his eyes, eventually though the Nephandi felt they had gotten all they could out of their captives, but this Abigail wanted...wanted Claire... Miss Thomson was Primordial and her Avatar was extremely powerful, so according to my son she gave the girl a choice, either she would enter the Cauls, or she would sacrifice Dylan to a being from outside of time and space that would consume both his flesh, his Avatar and his soul. My apprentice in his confession says he begged Claire not to sacrifice herself, but she would not let him be hurt and so she...became Barrabus."
Madeline said she seamed saddened and her hands shook slightly.
"Claire did not change though, not completely, her love for her brother remained and she managed to get word sent to Morningstar as to the location of the Labyrinth, and we gathered a strike team from all the Chantries in the Tribunal and wiped them out, off course that coward Abegail managed to run...and Dylan he...he...tried to get his sister out of there without the Traditions finding her, but when they where cornered and knowing what would happen to her if she was caught alive, he snapped her neck killing her before she could be arrested. Dylan was charged with cooperating with the Nephandi for that act and on the fifth of October 1948 he was beheaded in the Main Sentencing Hall on Horizon. I guess since the Nephandi was involved he was lucky to get off with an execution, it could have been worse."
The old mage said she took a deep breath to steady herself, trying to bring her emotions under control.
"And that is the story, if you want any more details Dylan's confession is on file with the Security Council."
She muttered.
"But why do you want to know this Mr Roth Hicks."

Adley you get a short memory, a dream perhaps, you feel fear but mostly sadness, overwhelming sadness and grief at having been used to destroy a loved one and then killing her with your own hands, and then there was a strike to the back of your neck, there was no pain, just the feeling of a hard impact and then a few moments of complete confusion and then nothing. The flash of another's memory only last for a few moments before it is gone again.

He glanced at her too, as if to find something there recognizable. "Forgive me, I know this is personal. Hopefully after this current crisis is through we can...talk."

You do recognize something about her, something you can not put your finger on, a stern but compassionate woman who put the needs of others before her own, you know she would tolerate no bullshit but that she could be warm to once she got to know a person...
"Well yes I guess we can Mr Roth Hicks but I have to admit I do not understand what is going on here."
Madeline said sounding quite confused.

"True. Through we can still give the pretense of a tourist group by assembling from slightly different angles to the plaza before moving onwards together or something like that. It might not be a bad idea to play it off that way at first but eventually we'll need to gain access to the apartment building which I would imagine is off a general tour route. The area will be under surveillance and it's broad daylight." Good against vampires, bad for going incognito.

Francesca glanced up at Adley as he spoke with Madeline but then she focused on the task at hand again.
"Very true, and two cars can more easily blend into traffic if we need to get away at some speed than a minibus and yes we will be blowing our cover eventually."
The young Euthanatos agreed.

He nodded at that. "It might not hurt to have a backup number to call in an emergency."

Madeline nodded she took a piece of paper and wrote up two names Joe Willis and Jayden Zion and their phone numbers in an elegant precise handwriting, she handed you the note.
"Both of these gentlemen know the city well and have been told to expect a call."
She said.

"Very well, we'll need one more person to assist the other car in navigating, either physically or via a phone then. I know that you had said you wished to find Colin's 'friend' to see if they would assist us. So we should also secure somewhere for you to do that, as well,"

"Which of Colin's friends are you referring to?"
Freddy said sounding a bit confused.
Adjan spoke up at that.
"I study Correspondence, I might not be an Adept but I can do a coincidental effect to help us find the way, even if I have not been to Chicago very often."
He offered.
"Off course someone knowing the layout of the city themselves would be preferable."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:49 am

Madeline sigh, she sat back down behind her desk and shook her head sadly. "I...should have expected this to come up again eventually when I heard the name of the Nephandi woman who are causing trouble in Chicago, you see once she lead a Labyrinth here this Abigail did and one of her victims was my apprentice and his sister...

He listened to the story, growing paler as she spoke. Abigail...had put Bee...no, Claire had gone through the...because of him. For Dylan. And he'd killed her, to keep her from being gilguled and got executed for it. By the time she was done, he said, "On second thought, I think I should have sat down," and looked for an empty seat to dump himself into. He ran both of his hands through is hair as if trying to keep everything in there together without losing it. Then he dropped them into his lap and looked at Colin, shell-shock starting to set in. One hand crept back towards the back of his head and then he sat back, taking a deep breath.

"Well yes I guess we can Mr Roth Hicks but I have to admit I do not understand what is going on here." Madeline said sounding quite confused.

"That makes two of us...but a picture is starting to piece itself together. If you believe in reincarnation of avatars anyway. You should speak to my pater about what you know about Abigail, if you can please if you haven't. Tell him what you told me. It could be important." Oh, but he wanted to take Abigail out. But Liv had to be saved first...He had to keep himself focused on what they were doing.

Francesca glanced up at Adley as he spoke with Madeline but then she focused on the task at hand again. "Very true, and two cars can more easily blend into traffic if we need to get away at some speed than a minibus and yes we will be blowing our cover eventually."

He was looking fairly upset at what he'd just heard, even more unsettled than he had been before. As if he'd just seen his own ghost, essentially. But he was trying to keep himself pushing onwards. "Alright, we'll take two cars then."

Madeline nodded she took a piece of paper and wrote up two names Joe Willis and Jayden Zion and their phone numbers in an elegant precise handwriting, she handed you the note. "Both of these gentlemen know the city well and have been told to expect a call.

He took the numbers and copied them, marking them with a Hermetic code so he knew it from the others and then handed them to Colin and Freddy and the others.

"Which of Colin's friends are you referring to?" Freddy said sounding a bit confused

"The one with primium accessories," he reminded her, referring to the supposed ex-It-X agent that was lurking somewhere in the building. "What kind of security does the place have? Buzz in codes?"

"I study Correspondence, I might not be an Adept but I can do a coincidental effect to help us find the way, even if I have not been to Chicago very often." He offered. "Off course someone knowing the layout of the city themselves would be preferable."

"Well, we'll put Freddy in charge of navigating and you can be backup, Adjan. And if we're really screwed, we have our call ins and Google. I think that will have to do. We need to get into the building, and we know its warded," he said, bringing up the next point to tackle.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:02 am

He listened to the story, growing paler as she spoke. Abigail...had put Bee...no, Claire had gone through the...because of him. For Dylan. And he'd killed her, to keep her from being gilguled and got executed for it. By the time she was done, he said, "On second thought, I think I should have sat down," and looked for an empty seat to dump himself into. He ran both of his hands through is hair as if trying to keep everything in there together without losing it. Then he dropped them into his lap and looked at Colin, shell-shock starting to set in. One hand crept back towards the back of his head and then he sat back, taking a deep breath.

There was another empty seat. Madeline Rose gave you and odd look and so did your companions.
"Are you alright Adley?"
Adjan asked softly though he did not ask about details you might not want to reveal in the office of a mage you had never med before though he did sound concerned.

"That makes two of us...but a picture is starting to piece itself together. If you believe in reincarnation of avatars anyway.

"Well I have no past life memories myself and I am not so sure I believe that Avatars are spiritual beings but it is clear that some mages do have memories from earlier lives Mr Roth Hicks, are you saying that you are..."
The old Etherite stopped what she was saying and stared at Adley for a while she seamed rather shocked herself.
"That you are the reincarnation of my apprentice?"

You should speak to my pater about what you know about Abigail, if you can please if you haven't. Tell him what you told me. It could be important." Oh, but he wanted to take Abigail out. But Liv had to be saved first...He had to keep himself focused on what they were doing.

"I have told him that Abigail used to lead a Labyrinth in Chicago but I have not told him what she did to my apprentice I...supposed I can tell him if you think it is important Mr Roth Hicks."
The old mage said, she seamed quite confused.

He was looking fairly upset at what he'd just heard, even more unsettled than he had been before. As if he'd just seen his own ghost, essentially. But he was trying to keep himself pushing onwards. "Alright, we'll take two cars then."

Francesca nodded she seamed concerned. Madeline nodded.
"I will arrange for two cars then."
She said.

He took the numbers and copied them, marking them with a Hermetic code so he knew it from the others and then handed them to Colin and Freddy and the others.

Freddy copied the phone numbers onto her phone and handed the note to Colin.

"The one with primium accessories," he reminded her, referring to the supposed ex-It-X agent that was lurking somewhere in the building. "What kind of security does the place have? Buzz in codes?"

"Ohh that friend..."
Freddy said with a bit of a smile.
"Yes buzz in codes, camera surveillance, alarms on the front doors and a private security company that are on call for the building, at least in accordance with the sales pitch for the apartments online."
The Virtual Adept said as she glanced down at her phone.

"Well, we'll put Freddy in charge of navigating and you can be backup, Adjan. And if we're really screwed, we have our call ins and Google. I think that will have to do.

Adjan nodded at that.
"Very well."
He said.

We need to get into the building, and we know its warded," he said, bringing up the next point to tackle.

"So either we need help from Mr Wainwright's friend or we need to find a way to break through those wards and not get killed."
Francesca said and played with one of her ringlets.
"Which might be easier said than done."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:33 am

There was another empty seat. Madeline Rose gave you and odd look and so did your companions. "Are you alright Adley?" Adjan asked softly...

Everyone was looking at him. He couldn't fall apart now...hell. They had a mission to do. He looked at Adjan and frowned a little. "It's been an enlightening and also very long week," he said. "Pardon me."

"Well I have no past life memories myself and I am not so sure I believe that Avatars are spiritual beings but it is clear that some mages do have memories from earlier lives Mr Roth Hicks, are you saying that you are..." The old Etherite stopped what she was saying and stared at Adley for a while she seamed rather shocked herself. "That you are the reincarnation of my apprentice?

"I would imagine you'd want some empirical proof of it but I don't have any, just anecdotes, glimpses and feelings," he said, spreading his hands with a 'what can you do' kind of expression. "And my beliefs, which seem to be quite different than yours. But right now, we need to get Liv out of there before Abigail precipitates another disaster."

"I have told him that Abigail used to lead a Labyrinth in Chicago but I have not told him what she did to my apprentice I...supposed I can tell him if you think it is important Mr Roth Hicks.

"I can tell him...but if something happens and I can't, I would like you to please. By Mercere or some other very secure method." He frowned again and looked down at his hands. "This is probably not the best time to find this out, but I suppose that is how it goes."

"Ohh that friend..." Freddy said with a bit of a smile. "Yes buzz in codes, camera surveillance, alarms on the front doors and a private security company that are on call for the building, at least in accordance with the sales pitch for the apartments online."

"Yes, that one. Perhaps we can get ourselves one of the buzz-in codes from someone as they enter...cameras are not good though. I feel like we're looking at half a burglary, only we're rescuing someone, stealing them back..."

"So either we need help from Mr Wainwright's friend or we need to find a way to break through those wards and not get killed." Francesca said and played with one of her ringlets. "Which might be easier said than done."

"That about sums it up..."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:34 am

Colin looked quickly from Adley to the picture and back again, "Will you be quite alright? You... you are remembering something, aren't you?"
He looked a little closer at the photo, "Hm, it is subtle, but now that you mention it, I do see a slight resemblance to you both... The tilt of the head, perhaps, and something in the eyes..."
He shook his head and accepted the note, quickly copying the numbers to his phone, "So, we split into two cars, then. That should leave us some two to four extra seats, just in case... Good."
Handing the note over to Richard, "Now, then, once we leave, we stop somewhere to gather that additional information, before moving on to the plaza?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:03 am

Everyone was looking at him. He couldn't fall apart now...hell. They had a mission to do. He looked at Adjan and frowned a little. "It's been an enlightening and also very long week," he said. "Pardon me."

Adjan nodded, he did not press the matter, that was not his place to do.

"I would imagine you'd want some empirical proof of it but I don't have any, just anecdotes, glimpses and feelings," he said, spreading his hands with a 'what can you do' kind of expression. "And my beliefs, which seem to be quite different than yours. But right now, we need to get Liv out of there before Abigail precipitates another disaster."

Madeline looks at Adley for a while then she sigh and nodded.
"You are right Mr Roth Hicks, saving that girl have to come first, but once there is time I would like to sit down with you and have a discussion about this."
She said, the old Etherite was looking rather pale herself.

"I can tell him...but if something happens and I can't, I would like you to please. By Mercere or some other very secure method." He frowned again and looked down at his hands. "This is probably not the best time to find this out, but I suppose that is how it goes."

"I will get the information to Master Morgan if you are not able to Mr Roth Hicks, you have my word."
Madeline said then she sigh.
"No I might not believe in spirits young man, but I do know one thing, when whatever higher parts of ourselves that let us use what you would call magick want to lead us to some piece of knowledge, they seldom stop to ask us if it is the right time for it first."
She said then she looked at the photograph of her long lost apprentice.
"It is a nice thought though, if it is true, that part of my son lives on."
The old mage muttered softly.

"Yes, that one. Perhaps we can get ourselves one of the buzz-in codes from someone as they enter...cameras are not good though. I feel like we're looking at half a burglary, only we're rescuing someone, stealing them back..."

"Leave the cameras and buzz in codes to me."
Freddy said.
"I will deal with them, the wards though, not so much I am afraid I can not help you there."
Adjan gave a bit of a smile.
"Well that and you know electronics do have a tendency to fail at opportune moments, all the little bits and pieces that needs to work together you know."
The Euthanatos said.
"There are not that many bits and pieces in a buzz in lock."
Freddy grumbled.

"That about sums it up..."

"Well I am all for not getting ourselves killed today."
Adjan commented.
"I can gladly wait with revisiting the underworld."

As you sat there talking and Colin was handing Richard the note with phone numbers there was a knock on the door and then small, dark haired woman came in carrying a tray with glasses, a pitcher of water and one with juice, she sat it down on Madeline's desk and the old mage gave the girl a smile.
"Thank you Miss Baker."
She said, the young woman glanced around the room then she hurried back out to not disturb her superior's meeting to much.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:02 am

Friday:

Tane was happy to see she was going with them and to know she understood the dangers of the power she ws given.

"But how do it know when I am ready?"
Lily asked.

Simple: your avatar will take you to the next step. that was one thing there were no secrets around.

"Well I do not know really I have not thought about it, I mean two days ago I did not know there where mages or that such powers existed beyond the things I saw, I have not had the time to think about what I want to do with it."
The girl said and scratched her head.

When you learn our ways, you'll find how to make your own.

Saturday:

"Yes that is how I have understood it Mr Karyak, a secondary Avatar attached to mine. We do not know why such companions happen but one of the theories is that they are young Avatars or shards that walk beside another of their kind until it is mature enough for incarnation."

Gandjya told me they grow to turn into avatars from old ones. I think it's how they "reproduce" stress on the " "

Tane saw the pain in the man's soul and covered his shoulders with one arm. Amadeus, you've seen too much and four lifes are just too much for any man, but little for an avatar. Well see into this, for i won't be part of anything that hurts your lady, but we'll try to determine her wishes. I can tell you you're in the best position to do so: we have an avatar's doctor and a channel that gives voice to the avatars, not to mention the vessel to contain an avatar, so... None of your or my lifes could be on a better position to make such a transition. Tane tried to make him feel confortable. I truly understand your problem, i might be in the same situation before this life ends. But what i am saying is that, maybe, all this time your lady was waiting for Florentine. Maybe she's the one fated to turn into the first incarnation of the lady... Maybe the death of her avatar was meant to happen from the begining, so the lady had a place. Maybe not. I'm not an expert, but again, rest assured, we'll find out. Tane said.

I lack of any means but the most basic ones to identify people with magic and none by mundane means, so no one will be able to pass. NO visitors, sorry.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:23 am

Friday:

Simple: your avatar will take you to the next step. that was one thing there were no secrets around.

Lily nodded then she seamed thoughtful.
"That is allot of trust to place on that spirit dog."
She muttered.

When you learn our ways, you'll find how to make your own.

The young girl gave a smile at that.
"Ok...I like the sound of that, making my own way."
She said.
"So do that mean I am going to need a teacher or something like that?"

Saturday:

Gandjya told me they grow to turn into avatars from old ones. I think it's how they "reproduce" stress on the " "

"Perhaps they do, we know so little about them really and all mage Traditions and factions seam to have their own idea as to what they are."
Amadeus said.

Tane saw the pain in the man's soul and covered his shoulders with one arm. Amadeus, you've seen too much and four lifes are just too much for any man, but little for an avatar. Well see into this, for i won't be part of anything that hurts your lady, but we'll try to determine her wishes. I can tell you you're in the best position to do so: we have an avatar's doctor and a channel that gives voice to the avatars, not to mention the vessel to contain an avatar, so...

The old mage sigh.
"There have been many happy times as well."
He said but it was clear that he was tired, tired on one, continuous existence only interrupted by the time between incarnations.
"I would never what the lady by the river harmed, the life of an Avatar is more important than that of an human but I would like to know her wishes."
He said and nodded.
"And if she is ready to move on, once this life is over, so can I."

None of your or my lifes could be on a better position to make such a transition. Tane tried to make him feel confortable. I truly understand your problem, i might be in the same situation before this life ends. But what i am saying is that, maybe, all this time your lady was waiting for Florentine. Maybe she's the one fated to turn into the first incarnation of the lady... Maybe the death of her avatar was meant to happen from the begining, so the lady had a place. Maybe not. I'm not an expert, but again, rest assured, we'll find out. Tane said.

The old Verbena's eyes widened.
"You mean it might not be that she is recognizing Miss Florentine, but that she is seeing in her an intended host?"
Amadeus said and glanced at the door to the Node chamber.
"I have heard of walk ins, Avatars who incarnate after the birth of the host but that always create problems with the existing Avatar and still, no one can transplant the Avatar from one mage to another, thankfully, but if...but if the lady in white resonate with Miss Florentine and see in her a vessel for incarnation and do so willingly, perhaps this would be one of the unique situations that would benefit us both and save the girl so she in turn can save Beatrice."
The old mage said.
"And if so carrying her with me for all these eons would have been worth it...but let us not get ahead of ourselves...the first thing would be to ask the lady her wishes and then speak with Master Telar to whatever such a thing is even possible."

I lack of any means but the most basic ones to identify people with magic and none by mundane means, so no one will be able to pass. NO visitors, sorry.

"A mundane can be as dangerous as a mage, just using different tools Mr Karyak...so yes no visitors save your Cabal and the two Masters I mentioned."
Amadeus said.
"And...thank you."
He added softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Colin looked quickly from Adley to the picture and back again, "Will you be quite alright? You... you are remembering something, aren't you?

"Yes, pardon. I will be alright it was just...it is just an unexpected coincidence. Or maybe it is not one at all." He was really just going to have to be alright, deal with it. He'd been somewhat prepared for reacting to what had happened to Carmon but the tang of his avatar's remembered sorrow, killing Claire...

He looked a little closer at the photo, "Hm, it is subtle, but now that you mention it, I do see a slight resemblance to you both... The tilt of the head, perhaps, and something in the eyes..."

He just frowned a little at him. It was unsettling being compared to someone gone, that his own mannerisms were not all his own. He knew it was part of having been gifted with an avatar, just as all these past memories came with it, but it was still strange.

"You are right Mr Roth Hicks, saving that girl have to come first, but once there is time I would like to sit down with you and have a discussion about this."

"Yes..." Once there was time was becoming a sort of litany for him. Once there was time, he was going to sit down and talk about Dylan and Claire...but he'd grabbed onto something in the moment, in case there wasn't any more time.

He shook his head and accepted the note, quickly copying the numbers to his phone, "So, we split into two cars, then. That should leave us some two to four extra seats, just in case... Good." Handing the note over to Richard, "Now, then, once we leave, we stop somewhere to gather that additional information, before moving on to the plaza?"

"If we can find someone who has information about Abigail, and there is opportunity, we should see if we can get something out of them. She is planning something to do with the Sears Tower and we need to find out what exactly it is."

"No I might not believe in spirits young man, but I do know one thing, when whatever higher parts of ourselves that let us use what you would call magick want to lead us to some piece of knowledge, they seldom stop to ask us if it is the right time for it first." She said then she looked at the photograph of her long lost apprentice. "It is a nice thought though, if it is true, that part of my son lives on."

"Avatars are not like other spiritual ephemera. Though much about them is a mystery, it does seem that they are not bound to just one mage for their lifetimes," he said, leaving it at that. It would have to be a longer conversation to talk more about it.

"I will deal with them, the wards though, not so much I am afraid I can not help you there." Adjan gave a bit of a smile. "Well that and you know electronics do have a tendency to fail at opportune moments, all the little bits and pieces that needs to work together you know."
The Euthanatos said. "There are not that many bits and pieces in a buzz in lock."

He nodded to Freddy. "Good, then. Some problems out of the way. We'll have to figure out a plan B if plan A does not work, but I hope that it does..."

Adley looked up as the Deacon's attendant brought them drinks, watching the girl as she came in and out. Then when she was gone, he looked back to the rest of them. "Do have enough to go on for now or am I forgetting something? Perhaps we should scout out a place for you to check out the building that is safe, Freddy."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Colin shrugged, "Of course, it could be a bit of pareidolia; seeing something familiar in a different shape. Still..."
He looked over at Madeline, "Regarding Abigail, I don't suppose you know anything further about her? Even if it is nearly seventy years out of date, some habits and personality traits don't change much."
He scratched his chin, "An internet café or a public library might serve well for research purposes, as such - a fairly anonymous public location where computer time might be bought or borrowed."

((OOC: A bit frustrated now; Facebook is having trouble recognizing my name as a name. Might be the fact that my middle name is Incognito. Hopefully, that's all it is, and my passport will sort things out in short order - but if it turns out that some incestuous goatshagger has reported my account as a fake, I might get very, very cross... Razz))

((OOC2: Just realized how Colin and Adley are odd mirrors of one another - Both have essentially officer training, but Colin is uncomfortable with crowds and remembers the future, while Adley is uncomfortable with personal intimacy and remembers past lives... O.o ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:07 pm

He just frowned a little at him. It was unsettling being compared to someone gone, that his own mannerisms were not all his own. He knew it was part of having been gifted with an avatar, just as all these past memories came with it, but it was still strange.

When you look closer you see some things that remind you of Beatrice in Claire, the two could not look more dissimilar for the most part, Beatrice was a slip of a woman, small and fragile looking while Claire was tall and while slender she was robust but the way she held her head a bit cocked to the side was the same, her posture, the way she held her hands...

"Yes..." Once there was time was becoming a sort of litany for him. Once there was time, he was going to sit down and talk about Dylan and Claire...but he'd grabbed onto something in the moment, in case there wasn't any more time.

"Good..."
Was all Madeline Rose said about it then she nodded and turned her attention back to the matter at hand though she looked a bit shaken, despite her efforts to hide it.

"If we can find someone who has information about Abigail, and there is opportunity, we should see if we can get something out of them. She is planning something to do with the Sears Tower and we need to find out what exactly it is."

"Well we could always go Nephandi hunting but that is not exactly an easy task and if we should find one, and I do stress if, capturing one alive is not such a simple task either."
Freddy said.
"Perhaps the vampires know something."
Adjan said.
"They are all sleeping at the moment."
Francesca commented.
"True enough."
Adjan replied.

"Avatars are not like other spiritual ephemera. Though much about them is a mystery, it does seem that they are not bound to just one mage for their lifetimes," he said, leaving it at that. It would have to be a longer conversation to talk more about it.

"Hum...I know many mages have that belief yes Mr Roth Hicks."
Madeline said but she did not sound completely convinced.

He nodded to Freddy. "Good, then. Some problems out of the way. We'll have to figure out a plan B if plan A does not work, but I hope that it does..."

"It is always a good idea to have a plan B ready, it reduces the chance of everything going to shit."
Freddy said and Madeline gave her a stern look, she did not approve of such language from a young lady.

Adley looked up as the Deacon's attendant brought them drinks, watching the girl as she came in and out. Then when she was gone, he looked back to the rest of them. "Do have enough to go on for now or am I forgetting something? Perhaps we should scout out a place for you to check out the building that is safe, Freddy."

"Yeah I think we have what we need to get started and scouting out the building is a good idea."
Freddy said, she stood and filled a glass with juice and handed it to Adley.
"Here drink this, forgive me for saying so but you look pale as a ghost."
She said with a bit of a smile before she filled another glass and handed it to Francesca which still looked a bit pale after being teleported.

Colin shrugged, "Of course, it could be a bit of pareidolia; seeing something familiar in a different shape. Still..."
He looked over at Madeline, "Regarding Abigail, I don't suppose you know anything further about her? Even if it is nearly seventy years out of date, some habits and personality traits don't change much."

"I do not know much Mr Wainwright, only what Dylan said after he...was brought out of there."
The old mage said and sigh.
"The woman is smart, she is a good manipulator and she is also a cruel monster, the torture my son described..."
Madeline swallowed hard.
"The only ones she seamed to show kindness to was her own apprentices, Dylan described her as seamed to truly care about them, even to the point of risking herself to get them out of the Labyrinth when our side attacked."
The Etherite said she seamed to try to remember anything else.
"Oh and Dylan described her as tall and that she had once been beautiful but that her face was now scarred..."
Madeline stopped for a moment and gave Colin's own face a bit of an uneasy look to see if she had upset him by mentioning the Nephandi leader's own scarred face then she continued.
"He said she had amber eyes, perhaps the result of them being very, very fair brown as it do happen naturally, perhaps a result of Paradox...that is all I know about her though."

He scratched his chin, "An internet café or a public library might serve well for research purposes, as such - a fairly anonymous public location where computer time might be bought or borrowed."

"I can find one of those no problem love."
Freddy said.
"But I can also do what I need to do from my tablet, but off course that always run the risk that it will be traced."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Colin smiled, perhaps slightly sadly, "Scars and amber eyes, that's going to be helpful for identification, at least. I'm none too sensitive about my scars; madame; headbutting a stinger missile will do that to one's face - and I live to tell the tale."
He stroked the jagged lines, "To be honest, I find awkwardly avoiding the subject to be more of a bother than addressing it when it comes up. Children with questions are far less troublesome than their parents who don't want to talk about it, in that respect. That said, did you perchance get the name of the favored apprentice?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:30 pm

"Well we could always go Nephandi hunting but that is not exactly an easy task and if we should find one, and I do stress if, capturing one alive is not such a simple task either."

"Not easy, no. And I didn't necessarily mean go for a hunt, either. But where we are going, we may find someone who knows something. The primary objective for now is to get Liv back safely."

"Perhaps the vampires know something." Adjan said.

"They are all sleeping at the moment." Francesca commented.

"True enough." Adjan replied

"Which is good for our current endeavor, in some ways at least."

"Yeah I think we have what we need to get started and scouting out the building is a good idea." Freddy said, she stood and filled a glass with juice and handed it to Adley. "Here drink this, forgive me for saying so but you look pale as a ghost."

He took the glass of juice with a nod of his head. "I will be fine," he said, as if he was convincing the both of them. He held the glass in his hands, looking down at it and working on getting his shit together. He didn't like the fact that everyone had just witnessed him looking so off, especially not before they were going on a mission.

He scratched his chin, "An internet café or a public library might serve well for research purposes, as such - a fairly anonymous public location where computer time might be bought or borrowed.

He nodded at that. "I think we can leave that to your discretion, Mrs Addlebloom you would know better than me how not to get traced."

"The woman is smart, she is a good manipulator and she is also a cruel monster, the torture my son described..." Madeline swallowed hard. "The only ones she seamed to show kindness to was her own apprentices, Dylan described her as seamed to truly care about them, even to the point of risking herself to get them out of the Labyrinth when our side attacked." The Etherite said she seamed to try to remember anything else. "Oh and Dylan described her as tall and that she had once been beautiful but that her face was now scarred..."
That said, did you perchance get the name of the favored apprentice?"

He frowned, thinking of June. Her rhetorical question, had he ever been tortured by the Nephandi...well, it seems that his answer hadn't quite been true in retrospect. He wondered why he hadn't thought to ask what Abigail looked like. Maybe because he subconsciously knew or maybe he'd just been exhausted and had missed an obvious thing. Abigail cared about a few people...well, perhaps Ojan had too, until he had sacrificed his own apprentice for his cause.

// @Warp - ugh, Facebook can be such a butt about that sort of thing. I hope you get it sorted, what a PITA. And yes, Colin and Adley are kind of like bookends, aren't they?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Colin smiled, perhaps slightly sadly, "Scars and amber eyes, that's going to be helpful for identification, at least. I'm none too sensitive about my scars; madame; headbutting a stinger missile will do that to one's face - and I live to tell the tale."

"Well that is certainly most brave of you Mr Wainwright."
Madeline said and nodded.
"Yes this Abigail's description certainly stand out, she might not be a easy woman to find though, we have looked for her for some time now after all with nothing but some rapports of sightings now and again, I have wanted that woman caught or dead since..."
She sigh again.
"For decades and not been able to trace her down."

He stroked the jagged lines, "To be honest, I find awkwardly avoiding the subject to be more of a bother than addressing it when it comes up. Children with questions are far less troublesome than their parents who don't want to talk about it, in that respect. That said, did you perchance get the name of the favored apprentice?"

"I can respect that Mr Wainwright, though one also have to keep in mind that not all are as...accepting of themselves as you so a certain degree of politeness are often preferable."
The old mage said and gave an apologetic smile.
"Hum...as for the name of Abegail's apprentices I do not know, I am not sure Dylan knew either, one of them could have been named Martha or some such but I am just not sure. She had more than one apprentice though and are likely to have taken other students over the last 70 years."

"Not easy, no. And I didn't necessarily mean go for a hunt, either. But where we are going, we may find someone who knows something. The primary objective for now is to get Liv back safely."

"Well if a Nephandus should happen to fall into our lap I am not against squeezing some information out of him or her."
Freddy said.
"But I agree our primary objective is to get Liv Bergen to safety."

"Which is good for our current endeavor, in some ways at least."

"True enough that."
Francesca said.

He nodded at that. "I think we can leave that to your discretion, Mrs Addlebloom you would know better than me how not to get traced."

"It really depend on how much of a risk you want to take, or rather a risk vs speed kind of thing, I am pretty good at not getting traced but it is not foolproof, a internet cafe is safer, doing what I have to do on the way though is far faster, I understood it that you where going to lead this little expedition so it is up to you."
Freddy said.

(OOC: Yeah unusual names tend to get flagged and it is idiotic, even when those unusual names are actually what that person is called legally.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Colin chuckled, "Bravery has little to do with it - I never saw it coming, to be honest... A concealed launcher, and I was flying at low altitude; if I had flown high enough to spot it, I would likely not have been able to take the helicopter down safely... And politeness is not the problem, it's awkwardly pussyfooting away from the issue that gets to me - when people stare and then start stuttering and looking pointedly away when they realize they've been caught staring. I've had a quarter century to come to terms with the injury; you should have seen what a wreck I was the first few years, before I received a little... shall we say unorthodox mental help."
He grimaced, "As for squeezing information from Nephandi... Let's hope any such unanticipated company is more civilized than the wretch we already have. If we find another Diego, I just might lose my patience and shoot his jaw off."

((OOC: Problem resolved. And I only had some 190 notifications to page through. >.< ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:10 pm

Friday:

"So do that mean I am going to need a teacher or something like that?"

You'll get a mentor, but the most important thing for you now is to be in contact with other mages and see how they see the world.

Saturday:

It is possible. I could have given a shard to heal Beatrice avatar, so if you can take that from one avatar to another, i don't see why we couldn't do the same with a living avatar. he said with confidence. In any case, with master telar and i i think we can figure this out.

"A mundane can be as dangerous as a mage, just using different tools Mr Karyak...so yes no visitors save your Cabal and the two Masters I mentioned."
Amadeus said.

I can't say if they are them or enemies in disguise, so no visitors.

"And...thank you."
He added softly.

My pleassure
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:57 pm

Colin:

Colin chuckled, "Bravery has little to do with it - I never saw it coming, to be honest... A concealed launcher, and I was flying at low altitude; if I had flown high enough to spot it, I would likely not have been able to take the helicopter down safely...

"I would still say there is a certain bravery in handling such an injury and surviving Mr Wainwright."
Madeline said with a slight smile.

And politeness is not the problem, it's awkwardly pussyfooting away from the issue that gets to me - when people stare and then start stuttering and looking pointedly away when they realize they've been caught staring. I've had a quarter century to come to terms with the injury; you should have seen what a wreck I was the first few years, before I received a little... shall we say unorthodox mental help."

"I can sympathize with that Mr Wainwright, and peculiarities are certainly nothing new to mages. I assure you though I merely meant to be tactful."
The old mage said.
"So you are a pilot then, it is a shame then that you are not of the Sons of Ether if you do permit me saying so, we need pilots."

He grimaced, "As for squeezing information from Nephandi... Let's hope any such unanticipated company is more civilized than the wretch we already have. If we find another Diego, I just might lose my patience and shoot his jaw off."

"I do not know who this Diego is Mr Wainwright, but I do find that for most rude mages, a few days in a Gauntlet prison put a damper on their crude ways."
Madeline said with no indication that she was joking.
"Ok then do not be rude to that lady."
Freddy whispered to Francesca.

Tane:

Friday:

You'll get a mentor, but the most important thing for you now is to be in contact with other mages and see how they see the world.

"Ok...and there is other mages here in this building other than us in this room?"
Lily asked. Jeffry nodded.
"Quite a few Miss Gray...in fact Mr Karyak why do you not take Miss Gray on a little tour of the common room and library and get her acquainted with some of the other residents."
The old Hermetic suggested.

Saturday:

It is possible. I could have given a shard to heal Beatrice avatar, so if you can take that from one avatar to another, i don't see why we couldn't do the same with a living avatar. he said with confidence. In any case, with master telar and i i think we can figure this out.

"There is a difference between a blood transfusion and a heart transplant in modern medical science Mr Karyak I would think there is a difference between using a but of Ephemera from one Avatar to heal another and transplant one, besides if it was an easy thing to do, unfortunately I think we would have heard of Avatars being stolen...but yes we should speak with Master Telar about this and see what is possible."
The old mage said.
"Also I do not think donating a shard is a good idea Mr Karyak, I commend your kindness but I saw how much the small scraping Master Telar took of Adley Roth Hicks hurt him, to give a whole shard...well it is probably better to find a Nephandus to use for parts to put it crudely."

I can't say if they are them or enemies in disguise, so no visitors.

"Very well then, wake me if Master Telar comes to check on Beatrice then so I can make sure she is who she says she is."
Amadeus said.

My pleassure

The old mage nodded and gave you a smile then he walked into the Node chamber to get some rest and closed the door behind him.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:16 pm

Colin inclined his head with a smile, "And I am grateful for the sentiment, madame. And you shouldn't need my permission for voicing that regret - in any case, I can still operate an aircraft, or even Umbral craft, even if I don't understand how to build one. The Traditions as a whole needs pilots; why limit that rank to only a single Tradition?"
He soured a little, "As for Diego - he's beyond rude, I'm afraid. Back in the day, he'd be the sort to be chucked in a barrel and rolled downhill. A barrel with short nails hammered through, so they wouldn't kill him. And then be given a bath in salted lemon juice."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:58 am

Colin inclined his head with a smile, "And I am grateful for the sentiment, madame. And you shouldn't need my permission for voicing that regret - in any case, I can still operate an aircraft, or even Umbral craft, even if I don't understand how to build one. The Traditions as a whole needs pilots; why limit that rank to only a single Tradition?"

"Well yeas off course we do have Umbral pilots of other Traditions off course and I agree the Traditions as a whole need more who are able to operate a Umbra ship, however the Sons of Ether are the most experienced and skilled in that regard Mr Wainwright, we are the only Tradition that actually have any real force of ships, though regretfully ours do not rival the Union or Nephandi's fleets."

He soured a little, "As for Diego - he's beyond rude, I'm afraid. Back in the day, he'd be the sort to be chucked in a barrel and rolled downhill. A barrel with short nails hammered through, so they wouldn't kill him. And then be given a bath in salted lemon juice."

"Well that sound like a quite effective punishment."
Madeline said then she sigh.
"Well in either case I should make a call and make sure that two cars are ready for your group, that was the solution you preferred right?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top