Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:48 am

"So Ulv Bergen's daughter is Awakened and have been kidnapped by her mother a Nephandus and given to a vampire to provide leverage against Bergen? Is that why the betrayed us?"
Francesca asked. Jeffry nodded.
"Yes that would be accurate Mr Wainwright and also yes Miss Mandis, the child, Liv Bergen have been kidnapped and the Nephandi have used the threat that they will have a vampire ally turn her unless he do everything they say, now they have also used the girl to gain favor from a powerful vampire in Chicago and by that alliance gain control of a Node that is in the vampires possession, their plans for this Node however is unclear. In either case we need to get Liv Bergen back both to save her Avatar but also to take away a bargaining chip from the Nephandi with the Masassa of Chicago. I am sending the six of you to save the apprentice but like Mr Wainwright have said the mission is likely to be quite dangerous so if anyone want to stay behind they should speak up now."
The old mage said. The Euthanatoi remained silent and Freddy said.
"I am in, we have to get that poor little girl to safety."

(OOC: Yeah it might get quite windy over here as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:53 am

"Well there have not been witnesses and I have not messed up the rotes so then opening portals is not to bad but there are some Paradox of course."

"It builds up fast. Worth it sometimes, like earlier," he said, frowning over his notebook as he wrote. "But it still costs."

The Virtual Adept just nodded he looked for a moment like if he would want to put a hand on your shoulder just to give support but he remembers that you had never been one for much physical contact and touching people so he let his hand drop. "Well tomorrow it is over one way or the other." Narim said and sigh."Let us just hope that it will end in victory so we can rest and let our wounded, no matter where their wound are mend."

He was writing out a line but caught the motion and glanced up at him in surprise, leaving him feeling like he swallowed a hiccup. He was reminded of Beatrice, trying to console him and he hadn't felt that he should let her see him upset, given her state only later to regret it. Colin, as well. And the man he'd met just a moment ago who wanted to shake his hand but he hadn't wanted to, but he didn't know him. So that, he decided, was different. His boundaries felt as if they'd been scrambled anyway with everything that was happening, constantly redefining where it should be only to find that it wasn't quite where it ought to be. Or wanted it to be. Or maybe he wasn't where he ought to be. "It's alright," he said, faintly embarrassed. "You've pulled me around the Tellurian with an invisible hand and saved my life, never mind listening to me make bad analogies to dishes while I write out notes," he added, trying to make it less awkward.  He finishing what he was writing so he could hand it over to him. The swallowed-hiccup feeling remained and he added it to the pile of things that he didn't know what to do with or about right at the moment.

Your mentor looks up when you comes through the door. "Good now we are all here, let us get started." He said.

He squeezed himself into the room and through the group. "Excuse me," he said, edging over to where he'd been before and nodding back to Colin. "Sorry to keep you waiting. I gave Narim that information, he'll let us know if anything turns up but I didn't get to tell him everything," he said. He found a spot by the desk again and listened quietly to the updates about the Technocracy, what Colin had gathered from his stay at the umbral port. Then they turned to the overview of the problem at hand.

"So, from the top, then... Is that about right so far?"

"The abductor was the girl's mother, Solevig a Hagalaz barrabus who is working with Larson," Adley added. "We think she is still here in Boston. However, she is working with Abigail, who is a contact in Chicago. Though we don't know what they want the node for exactly, intelligence suggests that if this should succeed and they secure the node, then this labyrinth in Chicago will be freed up to send backup here." He looked over at his mentor to see if he missed anything they needed to know and then to see how everyone was taking what they were being told. He knew that Francesca understood now why he'd been reluctant to talk out in the hallway...hell, he wasn't sure how safe his own room was anymore. He realised he had no idea what time it actually was - again. It felt like three days since that morning when they'd found poor Nico.

// Stay safe both of you!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:24 am

Colin nodded, "Quite... Now, if you would kindly hold on to something, this is where things become a little... complicated. I already had one vision of the future when I had a Seeking last night. The prophetic nature was confirmed by a few minor incidents, including a letter received by Chief Morgan this morning. The details within are not pertinent in and of themselves. During the past, oh, 45 minutes or so, I spent about fifteen minutes in a time bubble generously provided by Deaconess Mara, to get a few hours' work done on an urgent commission. During that time, I had another vision of the future. This can be verified by the Deaconess; she did not, however, pry on the details, but here is what happened, in relatively short order..."
He gave Freddy a warm, brief smile before continuing, gaze vanishing a bit into the distance, "Some two decades into the future, I live on Horizon with Freddy here and our children - a nice, green house in Concordia - when an old friend visits for dinner. We reminisce a bit, triggered by his meeting Liv Bergen at the Security Office, and his feeling an ache in his shoulder and his Brand. He mentions how I'd told him how I'd rescued her back during the troubles in Boston; how I'd told him I would likely not have survived had I not remembered a future conversation telling me about how lucky I was to find a defected Iteration X agent in one of the other apartments; someone willing to help us and, thanks to their Primium implants, able to plow through the wards first and survive."
He sighed, "Obviously, that vision of the future is a magnificent example of the Bootstrap Paradox - if you're not familiar with it, then in the words of The Doctor, Google it - but where this really takes an unexpected turn is... my old friend who gave me the reminder is Patrick Dale. Now, what sort of legal maneuvering is involved in saving him is frankly beyond my comprehension at this time, and not a concern for the duration of this mission - but it sounds as though someone manages to buy him a suspended sentence for his help in this utter clusterfuck of a situation we find ourselves in, even if a substantial piece of the help he provides is going to come in twenty years..."
He absentmindedly laid a hand on Freddy's shoulder, stroking her neck with his thumb, "It is preposterous and insane on the surface, but I, at least, am willing to believe it, in particular if we find said former Technocrat in the building..."

((OOC: I'll try to stay safe, but I have to walk to and from work... Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:45 am

"It builds up fast. Worth it sometimes, like earlier," he said, frowning over his notebook as he wrote. "But it still costs."

Narim sigh and nodded.
"It do cost, but for now I do not think there is more Paradox in my system other than it will bleed of by itself, but like you say it do build up fast."
He muttered.
"However none of us can allow fear of Paradox stop us from doing what have to be done to save this Chantry and the city and perhaps more as well."

"It's alright," he said, faintly embarrassed. "You've pulled me around the Tellurian with an invisible hand and saved my life, never mind listening to me make bad analogies to dishes while I write out notes," he added, trying to make it less awkward. He finishing what he was writing so he could hand it over to him. The swallowed-hiccup feeling remained and he added it to the pile of things that he didn't know what to do with or about right at the moment.

"I did not mean to...cause..."
Narim begun he was clearly regretting having caused you embarrassment.
"I ehm yes the note."
He said and took it quickly and read it to banish the slightly embarrassing moment and he said nothing more about it as he read and the replied to the note you had written, though he still looked a bit regretful.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I gave Narim that information, he'll let us know if anything turns up but I didn't get to tell him everything," he said. He found a spot by the desk again and listened quietly to the updates about the Technocracy, what Colin had gathered from his stay at the umbral port. Then they turned to the overview of the problem at hand.

Your mentor nods.
"Good and we can fill him in more later when time is less of the essence, as long as you got him working on those phone numbers and Mr Bergen's phone that is the most important thing right now."

"The abductor was the girl's mother, Solevig a Hagalaz barrabus who is working with Larson," Adley added.

"It seams this damned Larson woman have her fingers in everything."
Adjan muttered sourly.
"Mother of the fucking year."
Freddy grumbled.
"What is it with the Nephandi and bad parenting?"

"We think she is still here in Boston. However, she is working with Abigail, who is a contact in Chicago. Though we don't know what they want the node for exactly, intelligence suggests that if this should succeed and they secure the node, then this labyrinth in Chicago will be freed up to send backup here."

"That would be bad, the last thing we need are more Nephandi in Boston."
Francesca said and Adley nodded.
"Will taking out this Abigail also be an objective in addition to rescuing Miss Bergen?"
Adjan asked.

He looked over at his mentor to see if he missed anything they needed to know and then to see how everyone was taking what they were being told. He knew that Francesca understood now why he'd been reluctant to talk out in the hallway...hell, he wasn't sure how safe his own room was anymore. He realised he had no idea what time it actually was - again. It felt like three days since that morning when they'd found poor Nico.

"Mr Wainwright have indicated something of a potential, if dangerous ally we might be able to gain in Chicago."
Jeffry added and Freddy nodded.
"The Technocrat turncoat? I have not had any luck finding him thus far, I did not want to start scanning from here in case the Union followed my signal back."
She said and the old Hermetic raised an eyebrow.
"That is probably wise to avoid Miss Adlebloom."
He said.

The Euthanatoi seamed to be determined to get the mission done. Freddy was hard to read she was her usual cheerful self but she used that to hide her emotions at times, however she did seam willing to take part in the mission at least.

Colin nodded, "Quite... Now, if you would kindly hold on to something, this is where things become a little... complicated. I already had one vision of the future when I had a Seeking last night. The prophetic nature was confirmed by a few minor incidents, including a letter received by Chief Morgan this morning. The details within are not pertinent in and of themselves.

Jeffry just nodded to confirm that.

He gave Freddy a warm, brief smile before continuing, gaze vanishing a bit into the distance, "Some two decades into the future, I live on Horizon with Freddy here and our children - a nice, green house in Concordia -

"Your children now...my my."
Francesca said and looked at Freddy who glanced back at her Cabalmate and grinned.
"Whatever the future holds."
She said then she gave Colin a smile.
"I bet I choose the color of that house."
She muttered more to herself than anyone else.

when an old friend visits for dinner. We reminisce a bit, triggered by his meeting Liv Bergen at the Security Office, and his feeling an ache in his shoulder and his Brand. He mentions how I'd told him how I'd rescued her back during the troubles in Boston; how I'd told him I would likely not have survived had I not remembered a future conversation telling me about how lucky I was to find a defected Iteration X agent in one of the other apartments; someone willing to help us and, thanks to their Primium implants, able to plow through the wards first and survive."

"Well I have seen Hit-Marks and other Iteration X agents with allot of implants just walk straight through wards as if they where not there at all."
Adjan said.
"If there really is such an individual he would be most useful."
The death mage continued but Jeffry looked skeptical.
"If this defected Cyborg exist the question is whatever or not we can trust him."
The old Hermetic said as he sipped his coffee.

He sighed, "Obviously, that vision of the future is a magnificent example of the Bootstrap Paradox - if you're not familiar with it, then in the words of The Doctor, Google it - but where this really takes an unexpected turn is... my old friend who gave me the reminder is Patrick Dale. Now, what sort of legal maneuvering is involved in saving him is frankly beyond my comprehension at this time, and not a concern for the duration of this mission - but it sounds as though someone manages to buy him a suspended sentence for his help in this utter clusterfuck of a situation we find ourselves in, even if a substantial piece of the help he provides is going to come in twenty years..."

"There are very few legal maneuverings that could save a Barrabus and particularly a New World Order Barrabus, but I guess it could happen, whatever or not it is desirable is another matter."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"That is not important for now though, the important matter is whatever or not this cyborg exist and whatever or not he will be willing to help us and if he are willing if we can trust him."
The old Hermetic sounded doubtful but not dismissive, any help they could get would be most welcome.

He absentmindedly laid a hand on Freddy's shoulder, stroking her neck with his thumb, "It is preposterous and insane on the surface, but I, at least, am willing to believe it, in particular if we find said former Technocrat in the building..."

Freddy laid a warm hand on yours and gave it a bit of a squeeze.
"Well once we get to Chicago I can try to scan for this cyborg, if he have that much Primium in him he should be a glaring spot of nothing to magickal senses, I might even be able to use my Hit-Mark locator app."
She said and Francesca raised an eyebrow.
"You have a Hit-Mark locator app?"
She asked and Freddy nodded.
"It just looks for unscannable people."
She said and Francesca rolled her eyes.
"Technomancers!"

(OOC: Well then you will be getting cold and wet, stay safe. I can stay inside so I will be just fine. My cat is not happy about being kept inside when she want to go out though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:37 am

"I did not mean to...cause..."Narim begun he was clearly regretting having caused you embarrassment.

"I mean it; it's alright. I don't even think I would mind. I was just caught off guard."

"Good and we can fill him in more later when time is less of the essence, as long as you got him working on those phone numbers and Mr Bergen's phone that is the most important thing right now."

"He has the phone I thought; I told him about the Skype too."

"Will taking out this Abigail also be an objective in addition to rescuing Miss Bergen?" Adjan asked.

"I would assume if we can, if she's there and an opportunity presents itself," he said, looking at the Chief. "But we might have to work on one thing at a time."

Colin nodded, "Quite... Now, if you would kindly hold on to something, this is where things become a little... complicated..."It is preposterous and insane on the surface, but I, at least, am willing to believe it, in particular if we find said former Technocrat in the building..."

Adley tried not to look incredulous but he felt his eyebrows lift. It wasn't even that Colin was getting these weird temporal glimpses into the future. Or a future. Nor that he ended up with Freddy having a pack of kids and living what seemed to be a good life. He probably deserved it, too and besides, they looked happy enough at least so far. No, it that somehow Patrick Dale had lived somehow in his...future, if that's what it had been. He figured it hovered around where Colin had learned to pilot an airship - so, while he trusted him, it was still unexplained. "Mr Dale was alive in your...future dream? Well, getting through the wards would certainly be very helpful. But if this ex-agent does exist, why should he come out of hiding to help a bunch of Traditionalists who just happen to walk up to his door one day without so much as a box of Girlscout cookies in hand?" he wondered aloud.

"It just looks for unscannable people." She said and Francesca rolled her eyes. "Technomancers!

He remembered the  pinpricks of blankness from the villa that had been the bullets lodged in Ojan. Just earlier in the week. Hell. But it was a smart way to consider the problem. If you can look for the person, look for everything else and find them by what they weren't. "Hrm, if I were hiding from the Technocracy, I would imagine they would be able to look in the same manner. Though I suppose trying to hide that much primium might be difficult...if he's part machine and hiding from the Technocrats, what would he do?"

// That sucks, you'd think 'hurricane' would be a good reason to call out!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:16 pm

Colin grinned at Francesca, "What, you think there was some debate as to whether or not we would paint the house in her favourite colour?"
He thought for a moment, "The Union does have a certain... nobility to it; while they are indisputably our enemy, with goals in direct opposition to ours, they as much as we work toward changing the world into a Utopia. We seek universal Ascension, wherein everyone can wield magic, they seek to make their magic available to and usable by Sleepers. It's an interesting parallel, but the important point is that the Nephandi are in direct opposition to both; it's not Good versus Evil, but Order versus Chaos, and Oblivion is in opposition to both. It is something of a long shot, but it seems plausible that this Technocrat, for whatever reason, defected from the war between Traditionalists and Technocrats, but retained his contempt for the Fallen."
His face completely unreadable, he continued, "It is however true that we ought to look into one or more incentives for the chap, aside from bloodying the Fallen's noses and saving an innocent child. I believe Thin Mints might be the best option there, if anyone has a box or three lying around, or failing that, hmmm..."
He pondered, "I'm not sure, but I would presume the machine parts might require maintenance over time, and he can't just stroll into a regular machine shop for a 10,000 mile checkup. We might be able to offer some help with either maintenance and replacement parts, or perhaps freeing him from the Union entirely by removing the augmentations and regrowing whatever organs have been replaced with cybernetics. A body consisting of only normal flesh and a new face, a new identity might be appreciated for a renegade like that."

((Well, I'll be leaving before the worst hits - and it's only about a three-quarter-mile stroll in any case, including a detour to get some groceries.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 pm

"I mean it; it's alright. I don't even think I would mind. I was just caught off guard."

Narim nodded and gave a small smile he did not know that to say though.
"I will try not to catch of off guard next time."
He said finally.

"He has the phone I thought; I told him about the Skype too."

"Well all the information Narim can find would be a boon to us...I have been meaning to ask though mea filius, what is a skype? It sounds like some kind of bird."
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.

"I would assume if we can, if she's there and an opportunity presents itself," he said, looking at the Chief. "But we might have to work on one thing at a time."

"Well if you should happen to see this Abigail G standing unaware somewhere and you happen to get in a lucky shot than few things would make me happier but yes we have to focus on one thing at the time so she is not a primary target for this mission."

"Hrm, if I were hiding from the Technocracy, I would imagine they would be able to look in the same manner. Though I suppose trying to hide that much primium might be difficult...if he's part machine and hiding from the Technocrats, what would he do?"

"I am concerned with why this turncoat have chosen to hide so close to where we know there is a Construct."
Said Jeffry he sipped his coffee and sigh.
"Then again it might be that with so many of the bastards around he would think that they would not think to look for him there or that if they have something similar to the scrying...ehm...app that Miss Adlebloom spoke of then any hits with it will be dismissed as one of their own but it still seam like a risky place to hide."

Colin grinned at Francesca, "What, you think there was some debate as to whether or not we would paint the house in her favourite colour?"

"No I have a feeling there was not much of a debate to that."
Francesca said and grinned.

He thought for a moment, "The Union does have a certain... nobility to it;

And that earned Colin a glare from both Chief Morgan and Freddy.

while they are indisputably our enemy, with goals in direct opposition to ours, they as much as we work toward changing the world into a Utopia. We seek universal Ascension, wherein everyone can wield magic, they seek to make their magic available to and usable by Sleepers. It's an interesting parallel, but the important point is that the Nephandi are in direct opposition to both; it's not Good versus Evil, but Order versus Chaos, and Oblivion is in opposition to both. It is something of a long shot, but it seems plausible that this Technocrat, for whatever reason, defected from the war between Traditionalists and Technocrats, but retained his contempt for the Fallen."

"It is possible."
Jeffry admitted.
"Well we know that both the Union and us will rather take out a Nephandus than one on the other respective sides of the war."
Adjan commented.
"We might be able to convince this hypothetical ex Technocrat of the urgency and importance of our mission."

His face completely unreadable, he continued, "It is however true that we ought to look into one or more incentives for the chap, aside from bloodying the Fallen's noses and saving an innocent child. I believe Thin Mints might be the best option there, if anyone has a box or three lying around, or failing that, hmmm..."

"Risk capture by the Union we have candy?"
Freddy said and raised an eyebrow then she turned serious.
"Well there should be something we can offer the guy, I mean it have even happened that Technocrats have defected to our side, it is rare put it do happen, not that I am saying he would want that."

He pondered, "I'm not sure, but I would presume the machine parts might require maintenance over time, and he can't just stroll into a regular machine shop for a 10,000 mile checkup. We might be able to offer some help with either maintenance and replacement parts, or perhaps freeing him from the Union entirely by removing the augmentations and regrowing whatever organs have been replaced with cybernetics. A body consisting of only normal flesh and a new face, a new identity might be appreciated for a renegade like that."

"I wondered about that, he would indeed require maintenance and some of it are hard to do on yourself, especially if he have brain implants with anything even slightly advanced you need to have that. The problem is do we have anyone who can maintain Primium cybernetics?"
Freddy said.
"Taking out the machine parts, assuming to much damage have not been done by the Primium itself that we should have healers that can do."
Jeffry said nothing as the discussion went to machine parts and cybernetics, he had nothing to add about that.

(OOC: Good to know. Well then I am curling up in the sofa with my husband and the cat to watch a movie.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Colin bore the glares from Freddy and Morgan with easy grace, "I know what you two are thinking, and I don't particularly like them, either - but I can at least respect their apparent motivations without approving of their methods, and we can generally expect them to behave mostly like rational adults, unlike the Fallen. The Union, at least, does not seem to stoop to kidnapping for extortion; they'll shoot you in the face rather than twist a knife in your back - and in that regard, I can respect them. But I digress."
He pondered, "We might not have anyone in-house who can maintain Primium cybernetics - however, I'd be willing to wager good money Mistress Telar at least knows about someone with such ability, if not knowing such a person personally. What do you think, Chief?"

((OOC: Oh happy-ish day. We closed down early at work due to weather, and the poss gave me a lift home. Now I can play Skyrim until the power goes out, or something. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:48 pm

"What the Technocracy once was, the Order of Reason I guess I can respect their original mandate which was to protect mankind from the supernatural. Up until the Renaissance the Awakened powers ruled the world, night folk fed on the population with impudence, spirits possessed whoever they wanted, fay would steal away children as they pleased and our kind was often no better, I can understand the need to protect humanity but what they are now, no they only want control and have long since forgotten their more noble goals."
Jeffry muttered angrily.
"Now like I have said they are far preferable to the Fallen as they do not want ti destroy the world, control it yes but not destroy it and they can be reasoned with but still no I can not admire someone who kill, torture and enslave magi just for being what we are."
The old Hermetic gave a snort.
"Now as for them not sticking a knife in your back? Have you ever met a member of the Syndicate they would sell their own mother if they thought it would benefit them, and MECHA are full of those they have kidnapped and enslaved and in fact most of them where innocent sleepers who just knew to much or where Custos who was Awakened by force and which are now forced to labor under appalling conditions while a device strapped to their necks slowly siphon Quintessence out of them, making them living batteries for the Union, and off course that is not mentioning those mages who are caught and brainwashed or all, sleeper and Awakened who are put through painful, often fatal medical experiments. If a Technocrat thought they could get something out of you by kidnapping your loved ones they would in a heartbeat."
Jeffry said and his voice had grown dangerously flat, the heat in the room had risen several degrees and there was the sounds of boiling from the coffee cup he was holding.

Freddy winced when Jeffry mentioned medical experiments, she gave Colin glance.

Jeffry took a deep breath to gain control of his emotions and the temperature begun to even out again and his coffee stopped boiling.
"Yes indeed let us get back to the matter at hand Mr Wainwright."
He said still with a bit of sharpness in his voice.
"Hum...yes Cita might have such knowledge yes, some of the Adepts have implants though rarely Primium, she can probably find someone, asking her about it is wise."

(OOC: Enjoy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:52 pm

Colin gave Freddy's shoulder a light squeeze when she winced, "Point taken, Sir. And if you note, I specifically said they don't seem to kidnap for extortion. They're not above abductions - that I'll readily allow - but at least they don't try to manipulate the kin of the abducted like that. We already know that if the Union gets one of ours, there won't be any ransom demands of any sort. So no, we should not admire them... Respect them like we would a tornado or a shark, or any combination thereof, but not admire."
He shook his head, "That said, I am loaded up with spare ammunition and a new Focus. I am ready to go at any time now; just say the word... I presume we will be using the Hermetic Portal?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:12 pm

Colin gave Freddy's shoulder a light squeeze when she winced, "Point taken, Sir. And if you note, I specifically said they don't seem to kidnap for extortion. They're not above abductions - that I'll readily allow - but at least they don't try to manipulate the kin of the abducted like that.

"I would not put it past them Mr Wainwright but no generally that is not the Technocracy's way to operate no."
Jeffry said and sigh. Freddy looked at you and nodded, she gave a thin smile but it was clear that she had very little love for the Union.

We already know that if the Union gets one of ours, there won't be any ransom demands of any sort.

"No generally there will be no ransom demands."
Jeffry said darkly.

So no, we should not admire them... Respect them like we would a tornado or a shark, or any combination thereof, but not admire."

The old Hermetic gave a grumpy grunt that really could meant anything at that remark, he hated the Union but he had to admit they where powerful adversaries.

He shook his head, "That said, I am loaded up with spare ammunition and a new Focus. I am ready to go at any time now; just say the word... I presume we will be using the Hermetic Portal?"

"Yes I will speak with Mr Sharaya he will send you through the Hermes portal to Chantry Morningstar in Chicago. Morningstar will be able to provide you with a borrowed car and other such necessities, they are a large and powerful Chantry though so you will all be on your best behavior."
The old Hermetic said sternly.
"I have everything I need and I am ready to go."
Adjan said.
"One question though this vampire's apartment, where is it? That would be useful to know."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:32 pm

Colin glanced over at Adley, "Daley Plaza, but I believe you said you got the specific apartment?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:42 pm

"Daley plaza that will be very public."
Francesca said sounding dismayed.
"Yes it will be hard not attracting the attention of sleepers and in addition I hear the Union have a Construct around there."
Freddy said and Adjan sigh.
"Well that is just perfect."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:14 pm

"I will try not to catch of off guard next time." He said finally

Unfortunately time was far too short to figure out the awkward, which kept getting worse for trying to make it better. So he just forged onward with what needed to be done.

It is something of a long shot, but it seems plausible that this Technocrat, for whatever reason, defected from the war between Traditionalists and Technocrats, but retained his contempt for the Fallen...The Union, at least, does not seem to stoop to kidnapping for extortion; they'll shoot you in the face rather than twist a knife in your back - and in that regard, I can respect them. But I digress."

"I'm not sure I would ascribe 'nobility' to the Technocracy. They shot my brother in the back when he was out doing chores and left him on the street to die." Then again he supposed that some of the actions he'd been privy to lately hadn't exactly made him feel his Tradition was acting that noble either. The corruption of the Nephandi was starting to cast a shadow over the Order. 'But yes, it's possible he defected but still has no love for the Fallen."

If a Technocrat thought they could get something out of you by kidnapping your loved ones they would in a heartbeat..." Jeffry said and his voice had grown dangerously flat, the heat in the room had risen several degrees and there was the sounds of boiling from the coffee cup he was holding.

"Pater...Colin, as interesting as discussing the methods of the Union, we should figure out our approach." He pulled at his coat as the room temperature jumped several degrees. There were already a lot of people in the room.

I have been meaning to ask though mea filius, what is a skype? It sounds like some kind of bird."

"It's a computer program that turns your computer or cellphone screen into something like a magic talking mirror," he explained.

I believe Thin Mints might be the best option there, if anyone has a box or three lying around, or failing that, hmmm...We might be able to offer some help with either maintenance and replacement parts, or perhaps freeing him from the Union entirely by removing the augmentations and regrowing whatever organs have been replaced with cybernetics. A body consisting of only normal flesh and a new face, a new identity might be appreciated for a renegade like that.""

He felt himself give a slight smile at the comment about the cookies and then nodded. Cybernetics was not something he was savvy with, other than to know that those Union agents that were so augmented were extremely dangerous. "True enough I suppose."

"Yes I will speak with Mr Sharaya he will send you through the Hermes portal to Chantry Morningstar in Chicago. Morningstar will be able to provide you with a borrowed car and other such necessities, they are a large and powerful Chantry though so you will all be on your best behavior."

"This is a lot of people to go through a portal," he said with a frown. "Who are we to report to when we arrive?"

Colin glanced over at Adley, "Daley Plaza, but I believe you said you got the specific apartment?"

"We were given an apartment number that belongs to the vampire. We are pretty sure Liv is keeping here there for now," he explained and gave the apartment number he'd received from Tyler.

"Yes it will be hard not attracting the attention of sleepers and in addition I hear the Union have a Construct around there."
Freddy said and Adjan sigh

'The Title and Trust houses a Syndicate Construct," he confirmed. "Does anyone have the time?" he asked. "I'd like to avoid the crowds if possible," he said. "And let's get a look at this building's layout so we know where we're going, and the ways in and out."

// Yay, good boss.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:34 pm

"I'm not sure I would ascribe 'nobility' to the Technocracy. They shot my brother in the back when he was out doing chores and left him on the street to die."

Your mentor got a pained look in his dark eyes for a moment when you mentioned his dead apprentice, he said nothing though.

"Pater...Colin, as interesting as discussing the methods of the Union, we should figure out our approach." He pulled at his coat as the room temperature jumped several degrees. There were already a lot of people in the room.

Jeffry sigh and nodded as he got his anger under control.
"Yes off course mea filius you are right."
He said.

"It's a computer program that turns your computer or cellphone screen into something like a magic talking mirror," he explained.

The old Hermetic smiles at that.
"Ah...that is probably quite useful."
He said.

"This is a lot of people to go through a portal," he said with a frown. "Who are we to report to when we arrive?"

Jeffry checked his notes for a moment then he said.
"Hum...a Deaconess Madeline Rose bani Sons of Ether...and yes you will be a group of some size but unless you can think of a way to safely do this with fewer people it is a necessity, I do not want to send the Masters of the Art and more than one Adept away from Steelhaven right now."

"We were given an apartment number that belongs to the vampire. We are pretty sure Liv is keeping here there for now," he explained and gave the apartment number he'd received from Tyler.

Adjan nodded as you told him and the rest of the group the apartment number.
"Understood."
He said.

'The Title and Trust houses a Syndicate Construct," he confirmed.

"It could have been worse, it could have been Int X."
Freddy grumbled.
"Not that the Syndicate are a dance on roses either."

"Does anyone have the time?" he asked.

"It is 15:12 right now so 14:12 in Chicago."
Francesca said as she checked her wrist watch.

"I'd like to avoid the crowds if possible," he said. "And let's get a look at this building's layout so we know where we're going, and the ways in and out."

"That I can bring up on my tablet."
Freddy suggested.

Jeffry put his coffee mug down then he slowly stood.
"Alright then if there are no further questions let us leave, oh and Dr Lee I will leave it up to you if you go with this group to Chicago or stay here, they could use a healer, but we could also use you here."
The old Hermetic said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Colin stroked his chin, "The Title and Trust is in a separate building from the apartment complex, though, isn't it? Hm, I hope Morningstar has a van or similar vehicle available; anything smaller will be woefully inadequate when we have more passengers going back. Oh, and Dr. Lee, I trust you have all your medical supplies with you?"

((OOC: Good boss, yes, but it helps that he lives in the same neighborhood as I do.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:56 am

After Listening, "I will go to Chicago, sounds like work in the field is needed" Says Richard

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:45 am

Jeffry checked his notes for a moment then he said. "Hum...a Deaconess Madeline Rose bani Sons of Ether...and yes you will be a group of some size but unless you can think of a way to safely do this with fewer people it is a necessity, I do not want to send the Masters of the Art and more than one Adept away from Steelhaven right now."

He nodded at the name of the Deaconess. "Earlier we were wanting something of a small group but I understand wanting to keep defenders back here right now."

"That I can bring up on my tablet." Freddy suggested

"That would be good, thank you."

Colin stroked his chin, "The Title and Trust is in a separate building from the apartment complex, though, isn't it? Hm, I hope Morningstar has a van or similar vehicle available; anything smaller will be woefully inadequate when we have more passengers going back. Oh, and Dr. Lee, I trust you have all your medical supplies with you?"

"As I recall, Mrs Addlebloom said it was a different building at the Plaza. Let's be sure, and then try to stay off their radar," he said with a sigh.

"Alright then if there are no further questions let us leave, oh and Dr Lee I will leave it up to you if you go with this group to Chicago or stay here, they could use a healer, but we could also use you here.
"I will go to Chicago, sounds like work in the field is needed" Says Richard

"It will be good to have you though hopefully we will come out of this without need of your skills, doctor." He gave a last minute check on his own gear as well.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:24 am

Colin stroked his chin, "The Title and Trust is in a separate building from the apartment complex, though, isn't it?

Freddy pressed tapped her phone a few times and nodded.
"Yes it is pretty far away, the Title and Trust is part of the main plaza but the apartment building while officially part of the plaza is on the other side of it nearly a block away."

m, I hope Morningstar has a van or similar vehicle available; anything smaller will be woefully inadequate when we have more passengers going back.

"We will have to ask them once we get there Mr Wainwright, or we can see if we can get our hands on two cars."
Adjan said.

After Listening, "I will go to Chicago, sounds like work in the field is needed" Says Richard

"Very well Dr Lee, like my student I hope your skills will not be needed but having someone with medical knowledge on the team is very reassuring."
Jeffry said and smiled.

He nodded at the name of the Deaconess. "Earlier we were wanting something of a small group but I understand wanting to keep defenders back here right now."

Your mentor sigh and nodded.
"Yes with this unspecified attack on the way and with the general threat of the Nephandi right now we have no choice but to keep most of our most powerful members here."

"That would be good, thank you."

Freddy fished up her tablet and did a quick search.
"Ok here we have the general layout of the apartments themselves from the sales article when they tried to unload them on customers, a layout of the apartment building itself...and some pictures of it."
The Virtual Adept said and handed Adley the tablet, you see a thirty something stories building where the finishing touches where not even done yet. The apartments themselves was large and while not luxurious was still made to appeal to lawyers, bankers and others who worked at the plaza who generally had a pretty good income. There was a parking level under the apartment building you see.

"As I recall, Mrs Addlebloom said it was a different building at the Plaza. Let's be sure, and then try to stay off their radar," he said with a sigh.

"Yes it is on the other side of the plaza and the plaza is huge and if you look at those pictures on the tablet you see that the apartment building is at the outskirts of the plaza on the backside of it so yeah we should not be right in the Union's lap, not that we will not be closer than I prefer."
Freddy said and pointed at her Tablet.

Once everyone was ready Jeffry begun to lead the gaggle of mages out of his small office and up the stairs to Narim's office. The old Hermetic knocked on the Virtual Adept's door and when the young Master of the Art opened he simply said.
"We are ready."
Narim nodded.
"Come in...well no wait I will create the portal first."
He said, his office was not much bigger than Jeffry's and with this many visitors it might not be room to safety make the gateway.
"I have been in contact with a Virtual Adept at Morningstar after you told me that you needed a portal there Master Morgan and have gotten the IP address to their Hermes portal, it was a bit of difficulty getting the Paradigms of it's creators to fit with mine but yes I can now attach a portal to it."
Narim explained.
"One moment please."
He said before he ducked back into his office.

As you waited for Narim to create his gateway to Chicago The Security Chief turned to his apprentice and hands you a small, black velvet bag.
"Two drams of tass if your group should need it mea filius, we are on short supply right now though so this is all I could spare."
He said then he briefly gave his apprentice a pat on the shoulder to say good luck before he turned to the rest of the group.
"Stay safe and return in one piece with Liv Bergen."
He said. The two Euthanatoi just nodded but Freddy grinned.
"That was the plan."
She muttered.

Narim opened the door to his office again.
"It is done, please forgive the appearance of it, when working with something that Hermetics have originally made, well they do have a flair for the dramatic so when combined with my own Paradigm, well it gets somewhat odd."
Narim said then he looked at Jeffry and Adley.
"Sorry I did not mean to say anything...negative bout your Tradition."
He said apologetically. Jeffry though just smiled.
"Flair for the dramatic you say...well yes I do suppose that we do indeed have that."
He said with a bit of a twinkle in his dark eyes.

Narim stepped aside to let the group into his office, in the middle of the room was what could best be described as a portal from a computer game, only that it was real. The thing was a shimmer in the air like the Virtual Adept Master's usual gateways, but this had glowing golden mythical symbols floating around it and an almost anime style blue, glowing summoning circle on the floor under it, the portal itself was also blue and slightly pixelated. Narim's computer based Paradigm had met the Hermetic Hermes portal and the result was something that looked like it was taken out a computer roleplaying game, as that was probably the most similar and mystical that Narim could think of as he made the portal. Freddy grins as she steps into the room.
"Now this I like."
She said
"Can I take a picture of it Master Sharaya?"
She asked and Narim nodded.
"Yes if your camera can pick it up that is fine, any sleeper seeing the picture will think it is just a bit of computer graphics Miss Adlebloom."
He said as Freddy eagerly pulled her phone out and snapped a picture of the real life computer game gateway.
"Now it might look a bit odd but I assure you it is perfectly safe."
Narim said, he seamed more than a little embarrassed at how the portal had turned out looking.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:51 am

Colin followed the group along, and arched an eyebrow when they entered Narim's office, "Well, then, this should make for an interesting trip... I trust we won't be forced to lower our resolutions on the way?"
He gave Narim a wink, " Oh, and rest assured, if this turns out to bring us to the Tristram Cathedral, I will send a stern letter of complaint... somehow."

((OOC: Gaggle seems to be the wrong collective noun for Mages. How about a conflagration, or perhaps a surrealism? A paradox? There's got to be something better than gaggle... A dinner, maybe? ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:01 pm

Narim gave a bit of a smile.
"I assure you it will not take you into another dimension where computer game worlds are real Mr Wainwright."
He said and looked rather embarrassed.
"It should be a normal portal it just...well this is what happens when I try to work with something made by Hermetics."
He said and scratched his head.

(OOC: Well if the group piss off the vampires to much a dinner might be exactly what they will be. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:45 pm

Richard eyes the "portal" uncertainly

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Colin smiled, "Almost more's the pity... I suppose a BFG could come in handy for when we move in on the Nephandi... Still, I rather like the look of it; it reminds me of some of the games I played when I was younger. No matter; the game's afoot, and time's a-wasting."
He swiftly stepped through the portal and looked around, taking a smooth step aside to leave room for the next one through.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:39 pm

"I guess you will have to ask the Sons of Ether for a BFG Mr Wainwright."
Narim said with a little smile.
"Good luck."
He added.

You step through the portal, there is the moment of confusion that comes with suddenly being in a completely different location but you are getting fairly used to it now. You are in a circular room with stone walls, those walls are carved with symbols and a complex decagram was inlaid in the floor in silver with several glyphs surrounding it. Narim's portal was in the center of the ten pointed star.

You see there are two people in the room, near a wooden door, one was a tall thin man in his 40's, he had soft brown hair in a ponytail and wore blue jeans and a white sweater, his eyes was light brown and he was watching you intently as you came through the portal. The second person was a woman, she was wearing a dress that would have been suitable for a Victorian governess, dark brown fine wool skirts that hid every inch of her legs and feet and a white blouse with a hint of lace at the neckline which was buttoned up to her neck, she wore no decorations other than a pair of plain pearl earrings and had her graying dark blond hair in a no nonsense bun at the nape of her neck.

Freddy gave Richard a bit of a smile before she to stepped through the portal and then got out of the way for the next person to go through, she gave a smile to the two people by the door then she said to Colin.
"Well it is not Tristram Cathedral love."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:09 pm

Colin glanced at the floor, "Exquisite silverwork."
Turning to the woman, he bowed, "Madame Rose, I presume? Colin Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall, at your service."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top