Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:41 pm

"Simply put, while your cooperation will not spare you the gilgul it -may- make your stay here somewhat less unpleasant." He didn't look like he was fucking around - even if he sounded like he had a wad of cotton stuck in his nose, the look in his eyes was nothing less than driven.

"I will tell you what happened to Tanya, was it?," he offered in lieu of his name. "That spirit that she called...or was it you?" he asked, waiting for a flicker of revelation, "was drawn to her and attacked her. I believe she was killed by it...perhaps worse. That was a rather nasty being, one we'd rather be rid of; if others were coming to that place, they might be next on the menu as it did not seem to have much in the way of loyalty to your kind once the binding loosened a notch." He looked thoughtfully at her, waiting for her to respond to that before he added, "Of course, I have heard that some would rather not be in league with certain Nephandi, or of theirs at all..." he said, looking at her steadily.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:47 pm

Colin smiled, "You ought to thank a kid named Robert Dale, too, if you get the opportunity... Without him, I would not have known to recruit the cyborg who got you out of the apartment. We would have suffered casualties, and likely not succeeded. It is an odd story, truly."
He nodded, "I do indeed make jewelry, and the occasional lucky charm, a blade every now and then, and in the near future, I will even make horseshoes in sterling silver. I get some... unusual clients from time to time."
He gave a soft snort, and added, "It might be clever, but the Traditions do seem to occasionally let slide their principles, it seems. Ah, don't tell anyone I said so. Might touch a sore spot."
He grinned a little bashfully, "I like to believe I am clever. I do, at least, have the knack for coming up with ideas quickly in a tight spot. It... is a necessity for a pilot; so many things that can go wrong at any time, we rather have to be ready to adjust in the blink of an eye."
He smiled slyly, "Not only does the rote prevent me from processing tainted quintessence, but after I get it started, I don't even have to do anything... It can run its course until the well is dry, so to speak. Very useful if I have access to a rich source of power and can set up multiple effects in a complicated arrangement, then depart while they do their work. I suspect, given an adequate Node, I could set up a slowly building effect to create an outright miraculous coincidence from a highly improbable chain of events without even being present... but all things considered, perhaps it would be wiser not to do so, don't you think?"

((OOC: Expletive with Theological Implications, but the forum is having issues today. Lag and timed out connections. all over the place. O.o ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:21 pm

Adley:

"Simply put, while your cooperation will not spare you the gilgul it -may- make your stay here somewhat less unpleasant." He didn't look like he was fucking around - even if he sounded like he had a wad of cotton stuck in his nose, the look in his eyes was nothing less than driven.

"So you expect me to sell out my faction for a bit of comfort."
The Nephandus asked and gave a hint of a smile, she was afraid it was clear but she showed no sign of backing down.
"I think I would have to decline that offer I feel no desire to help the faction that is planning on...killing my Avatar."
She said her eyes leveling on Adley's gaze.

"I will tell you what happened to Tanya, was it?," he offered in lieu of his name. "That spirit that she called...or was it you?" he asked, waiting for a flicker of revelation,

"Ah...that is a shame."
Jodelle said and there was a flicker of emotion in her eyes.
"I liked her, but there are dangers on the battlefield, yes I did summon the spirit."

"was drawn to her and attacked her. I believe she was killed by it...perhaps worse. That was a rather nasty being, one we'd rather be rid of; if others were coming to that place, they might be next on the menu as it did not seem to have much in the way of loyalty to your kind once the binding loosened a notch."

"Well yes my son is a hungry boy, he will attack anyone and anything magickal unless he is directly controlled."
The Nephandus said sounding proud.
"It is a shame we lost Tanya though he was a good warrior."

He looked thoughtfully at her, waiting for her to respond to that before he added, "Of course, I have heard that some would rather not be in league with certain Nephandi, or of theirs at all..." he said, looking at her steadily.

"Hum...you have heard about the hitches with our cooperation with Boston then?"
Lodelle asked and raised an eyebrow.
"It will be worked out."

Colin:

Colin smiled, "You ought to thank a kid named Robert Dale, too, if you get the opportunity... Without him, I would not have known to recruit the cyborg who got you out of the apartment. We would have suffered casualties, and likely not succeeded. It is an odd story, truly."

"I do not know this person, but if he helped I would like to thank him."
Liv said and smiled.
"Is he a nice person?"

He nodded, "I do indeed make jewelry, and the occasional lucky charm, a blade every now and then, and in the near future, I will even make horseshoes in sterling silver. I get some... unusual clients from time to time."

"Horseshoes in silver sounds pretty."
Liv said and smiles.
"That must be a fun job to have, making pretty things."

He gave a soft snort, and added, "It might be clever, but the Traditions do seem to occasionally let slide their principles, it seems. Ah, don't tell anyone I said so. Might touch a sore spot."

"I am not going to say anything."
Liv said and smiles conspiratorially and put her finger to her lips.

He grinned a little bashfully, "I like to believe I am clever. I do, at least, have the knack for coming up with ideas quickly in a tight spot. It... is a necessity for a pilot; so many things that can go wrong at any time, we rather have to be ready to adjust in the blink of an eye."
He smiled slyly, "Not only does the rote prevent me from processing tainted quintessence, but after I get it started, I don't even have to do anything... It can run its course until the well is dry, so to speak. Very useful if I have access to a rich source of power and can set up multiple effects in a complicated arrangement, then depart while they do their work. I suspect, given an adequate Node, I could set up a slowly building effect to create an outright miraculous coincidence from a highly improbable chain of events without even being present... but all things considered, perhaps it would be wiser not to do so, don't you think?"

"It might not be a good idea to do unless you have to."
The little girl said.
"But I am sure it can have allot of uses."
She added then she seamed to consider for a moment.
"Hum...could you empty a Node that way? That could slow an enemy down allot, if their Nodes need to recharge before they can use it."
Liv said.
"It is a very powerful rote it seams I would love to learn it once I have learned a bit more."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:33 pm

"I think I would have to decline that offer I feel no desire to help the faction that is planning on...killing my Avatar." She said her eyes leveling on Adley's gaze.

"It's too bad that you decided to go through the caul, then."

"Well yes my son is a hungry boy, he will attack anyone and anything magickal unless he is directly controlled." The Nephandus said sounding proud. "It is a shame we lost Tanya though he was a good warrior."

"Is that so...perhaps you don't care it might eat more of your compatriots then. Due to your loss of control."

"Hum...you have heard about the hitches with our cooperation with Boston then?" Lodelle asked and raised an eyebrow. "It will be worked out."

"You are one of Abigail's." It was less a question than a statement. Since she seemed fairly loyal, and given such an important task, then it would not be a surprise. He sighed - he did not think this one would give up information easily and his temper was exceedingly shortened. Torture produced bad results anyway...
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:45 pm

"It's too bad that you decided to go through the caul, then."

"I went to the Caul of my own free will Traditionalist and other than during the most painful parts of it, I have never regretted that choice."
The Nephandus said proudly.

"Is that so...perhaps you don't care it might eat more of your compatriots then. Due to your loss of control."

"Well that would be most unfortunate, but it is not that likely that it will do that now is it as after your little stunt my fellow Eaters will have no reason to return to that apartment."
Jodelle said sounding a bit embarrassed at her loss of control, she seamed to be a proud woman and she did not like it that one of her own rotes had gotten out of hand like that.

"You are one of Abigail's." It was less a question than a statement. Since she seemed fairly loyal, and given such an important task, then it would not be a surprise. He sighed - he did not think this one would give up information easily and his temper was exceedingly shortened. Torture produced bad results anyway...

"Now are not you well informed about our members, but to answer your question yes I am, why did you ask?"
The prisoner said then leaned against the wall and closed her eyes, her head was clearly bothering her, well Kristina had said she would have one hell of a headache when she woke up.
"So now not that I mind some polite conversation but if you are going to follow up on your threats Traditionalist perhaps you should just get to it, hell who knows some torture might just help on this bloody headache."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:11 am

"I went to the Caul of my own free will Traditionalist and other than during the most painful parts of it, I have never regretted that choice." The Nephandus said proudly.

"Then let me rephrase - it's too bad for your avatar." And it was, truly. She was about as unrepentant as they came, it seemed but who knew if her avatar had been corrupted in this life or another. There did not seem to be any room for redemption within her though.

"Well that would be most unfortunate, but it is not that likely that it will do that now is it as after your little stunt my fellow Eaters will have no reason to return to that apartment."

"Where were you headed, this evening?" he asked again. "Eaters? Is that what you call yourselves? Or is that your own pet name?"

"Now are not you well informed about our members, but to answer your question yes I am, why did you ask?"

"I want to know where she is," he said. "Where can I find Abigail?"

The prisoner said then leaned against the wall and closed her eyes, her head was clearly bothering her, well Kristina had said she would have one hell of a headache when she woke up."So now not that I mind some polite conversation but if you are going to follow up on your threats Traditionalist perhaps you should just get to it, hell who knows some torture might just help on this bloody headache."

His eyes narrowed at her. "I have better things to apply my time to than alleviating your headache." He looked back at the security chief of the chantry, in case he wanted to have a try as it did not seem like he was going to have much success.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:13 am

Colin scritched his chin, "Robert Dale is a young man in a... predicament. I can't really share much information at this point, but I do believe he is a good kid who made some poor choices in an impossible situation. And I wouldn't call my work fun, so much as satisfying. Work is not about having fun while you work, so much as having something to show for your work. I suspect that's part of why the world's economy is in the deplorable state it is; the entire banking business seems to be built around the shifting and accumulating of money, but at the end of the day, there's no emotional investment to reap the proceeds from, no joy of having made something of lasting value... just the cheap thrill of watching some numbers go up."
He shrugged, "In any case, that's a philosophy I try to live by; whatever you do, even if it's a pain there and then, try to do your work so your children can point and say 'my mother made that'. It's amazing what we can achieve when we look past momentary gratification and aim for the longer perspective."
He nodded, "And yes, I do believe I could quite well temporarily drain a Node. It would not be permanent, of course, but it would be useful to clear out a tainted Node so cleansers could have some peace of mind for their work... Frankly, I don't think the rote in and of itself is powerful... but it is flexible. Adaptable. And having a subtle, flexible tool on your belt can sometimes have far greater effects than just having brute-force approaches. Believe me, I've flown combat missions in war; while creating a gargantuan fireball with the touch of a button, quite literally, it is crude and simple compared to outmaneuvering the opponent's weaponry and turning it back on them. Of course, it helps to know the capacities of the enemy weapons... and to see them coming."
He scratched his scars thoughtfully, "Some times, you just don't see the missile before it hits you, and then it's all you can do to try to keep yourself and those under your wing alive through the fire and the pain..."
He shook his head, "But that was over twenty years ago, and I've largely avoided explosives to the face since. Take my word for it; whether generated by science or sorcery, fireballs to the face hurt. A lot."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:42 am

Adley:

"Then let me rephrase - it's too bad for your avatar." And it was, truly. She was about as unrepentant as they came, it seemed but who knew if her avatar had been corrupted in this life or another. There did not seem to be any room for redemption within her though.

"My Avatar seams happy enough to me Traditionalist, I might as well say it is to bad that yours never get to revel i the wonder of non existence and in the presence of our masters."
The Nephandus said and gave a little smile.

"Where were you headed, this evening?" he asked again. "Eaters? Is that what you call yourselves? Or is that your own pet name?"

"Where I was headed if anyplace at all is none of your business, as for Eaters that is our old name, before we joined with other Infernalist groups and became the Nephandi we where the Eaters of the Weak, it is just an old name, nothing more."

"I want to know where she is," he said. "Where can I find Abigail?"

"I am sure you want that but why on Earth should I tell you?"
The Nephandus said and shrugged.

His eyes narrowed at her. "I have better things to apply my time to than alleviating your headache." He looked back at the security chief of the chantry, in case he wanted to have a try as it did not seem like he was going to have much success.

"I bet you do, I bet you do."
The prisoner said with a little smile. Joakim sigh and shook his head he did not have much hope of getting much out of the woman.
"I could offer you better conditions down here, less uncomfortable restraints, food, something to do. You might not believe it Nephandus but I do have compassion with your situation, I can not change your fate but at least up until that point the end of your life need not be uncomfortable."
The Security Chief begun.
"Would you betray your own friends and mentor, quite possibly getting them captured and Gilgulled for a bit of comfort?"
Jodelle asked and Joakim shook his head.
"No I would not."
He said and the Nephandus gave a hint of a smile.
"So why do you think I would?"

Joakim pulled Adley aside a bit and whispered so the prisoner would not hear.
"If you want to torture her I will agree to it, what she knows affect your Chantry as well, but I doubt we will get much out of her, little tidbits like a confirmation about a conflict between the Nephandi of Boston and Chicago yes and that can be useful enough but the more important questions needs to be either tortured out of her or ripped out of her mind with magick...if you want to go in that direction I will not stop you, if not then I am putting one of my people with better bedside manner than me in charge of her to see what can be gained through friendly conversation...though again I doubt she will tell us anything relevant, she is right that she have no incentive to do so."

Colin:

Colin scritched his chin, "Robert Dale is a young man in a... predicament. I can't really share much information at this point, but I do believe he is a good kid who made some poor choices in an impossible situation.

"I hope things go well for him then."
Liv said and looking a bit sad.
"How old is he?"

And I wouldn't call my work fun, so much as satisfying. Work is not about having fun while you work, so much as having something to show for your work. I suspect that's part of why the world's economy is in the deplorable state it is; the entire banking business seems to be built around the shifting and accumulating of money, but at the end of the day, there's no emotional investment to reap the proceeds from, no joy of having made something of lasting value... just the cheap thrill of watching some numbers go up."

The little girl nodded but she did not seam to completely understand.
"Well if what you do make you happy Sir that is what matters."
She said, she was a smart kid but politics and world economics was still a bit beyond the ten year old.

He shrugged, "In any case, that's a philosophy I try to live by; whatever you do, even if it's a pain there and then, try to do your work so your children can point and say 'my mother made that'. It's amazing what we can achieve when we look past momentary gratification and aim for the longer perspective.

"Like when my Master blow up bad guys so every Awakened in the city can stay safe and be happy?"
The little girl asked.
"For he do that allot."

He nodded, "And yes, I do believe I could quite well temporarily drain a Node. It would not be permanent, of course, but it would be useful to clear out a tainted Node so cleansers could have some peace of mind for their work... Frankly, I don't think the rote in and of itself is powerful... but it is flexible. Adaptable. And having a subtle, flexible tool on your belt can sometimes have far greater effects than just having brute-force approaches.

"My Master say that is our greatest advantage over linear magi and other types of Awakened, our powers are very flexible, only our imaginations put limits to how we can use it."
Liv said and nodded.
"He also said that he would fear an Initiate who knew how to use what he got in an actual combat situation more than a Master who had spend his long years in a library never applying his Ars to anything but practice and showing off."

Believe me, I've flown combat missions in war; while creating a gargantuan fireball with the touch of a button, quite literally, it is crude and simple compared to outmaneuvering the opponent's weaponry and turning it back on them. Of course, it helps to know the capacities of the enemy weapons... and to see them coming."
He scratched his scars thoughtfully, "Some times, you just don't see the missile before it hits you, and then it's all you can do to try to keep yourself and those under your wing alive through the fire and the pain..."

"Is that how you got the scars in your face?"
Liv asked casually and looked up at Colin.
"You was got with a missile? My Master have scars as well, he have been fighting the Technocracy, arresting Traditionalists who have done something wrong and beat up Nephandi and sometimes they get a spell in on him. One of his eyes are completely white though, that was a werewolf claw he says."
The little girl explained.

He shook his head, "But that was over twenty years ago, and I've largely avoided explosives to the face since. Take my word for it; whether generated by science or sorcery, fireballs to the face hurt. A lot."

Liv nodded and patted you kindly on the kneed.
"Do it hurt now?"
She asked sounding concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:20 am

"My Avatar seams happy enough to me Traditionalist, I might as well say it is to bad that yours never get to revel i the wonder of non existence and in the presence of our masters." The Nephandus said and gave a little smile.

Widderslainte, then, he figured. Or perhaps at this long enough that her avatar did enjoy it. But one thing he was clear on, was that he wanted nothing less than to 'revel in the wonder of nonexistance and the presence of her masters,' seeing as how he was fairly sure that Dylan had gotten a taste of that in his lifetime. He glared at her.

"Where I was headed if anyplace at all is none of your business, as for Eaters that is our old name, before we joined with other Infernalist groups and became the Nephandi we where the Eaters of the Weak, it is just an old name, nothing more."

Perhaps it wasn't, but it was a bit of history he didn't know before now. Even if she thought it was inconsequential. Though he wondered how old she was, really...to know that name and seem to use it. Who knew, perhaps this one was one of Abigail's from some time ago. Or remembered something, like he did now.

Joakim pulled Adley aside a bit and whispered so the prisoner would not hear. "If you want to torture her I will agree to it...though again I doubt she will tell us anything relevant, she is right that she have no incentive to do so."

He thought of what the others had said to his pater when he'd been about to torture Diego, what he'd said himself. And even regardless, she was a believer in her cause, she expected poor treatment and pain and was loyal to Abigail. She was afraid of gilgul, and knew what her capture earned, giving them very little to work with and he did not see that causing her physical harm as a lever that would work. He took out his notebook and jotted down a few lines and offered it for Joakim to see, keeping it away from prying eyes. 'I don't see torturing her producing reliable results and I don't have time to waste on ineffectual treatments. We have several of her tools and we could take her blood and hair if someone here is able to use that to find out where she has been. Also, I should like to see if another of ours can loosen her tongue. I need to find Abigail.'
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:09 am

Widderslainte, then, he figured. Or perhaps at this long enough that her avatar did enjoy it. But one thing he was clear on, was that he wanted nothing less than to 'revel in the wonder of nonexistance and the presence of her masters,' seeing as how he was fairly sure that Dylan had gotten a taste of that in his lifetime. He glared at her.

The Nephandus looked back for a moment, she seamed completely convinced of what she was saying that her Avatar was happy Fallen, that this was the path it wanted, the question of course was, was that what she wanted now that she had been twisted by the Cauls? What had her soul's path been before?

He took out his notebook and jotted down a few lines and offered it for Joakim to see, keeping it away from prying eyes. 'I don't see torturing her producing reliable results and I don't have time to waste on ineffectual treatments. We have several of her tools and we could take her blood and hair if someone here is able to use that to find out where she has been. Also, I should like to see if another of ours can loosen her tongue. I need to find Abigail.'

Joakim read the node then wrote down under it himself.
"Taking blood and hair is no problem that we can do, and off course if you want another of your group to speak with the prisoner that is fine if you think they have a better chance of getting something out of her. I have usually found that physical torture make someone talk yes, but what they say is often not to useful, it is not reliable but it is generally better than nothing if other methods do not work."
The hedge wizard handed the note back and gave the prisoner a oddly sympathetic look, he was ready to torture her for information and still he felt compassion for her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:24 am

Adley read the note, thought about the implications and again what had happened with Diego. He had never tortured anyone before and having another be the stick would not spare him the moral quandary, that he knew. It was not a decision that should be made on a few hours of sleep with his emotions running high but there wasn't going to be much choice. He shook his head and wrote, 'I would like to speak to the others. Have her chained, a guard on her and take the samples. See if other methods work first.' But no matter how much he didn't want to torture her, the need to find Abigail remained, and the clock was not in their favour.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:47 am

Colin thought back, "He's about eighteen, I think. And yes, something like how your Master fights to protect people, to help build a society to last."
He grinned, "I guess we should try to make sure your Master has no reason to fear me, then, since I learned to fight well before I Awakened."
He stroked a scar across his face with a fingertip, "Yes, a missile in Iraq, in a war before you were born... I was lauded as a miracle of modern medicine for surviving at all, since the doctors had to stitch my face together from scraps... But there's no lasting pain; the scars are a little stiff most of the time, and I have to make an effort to smile, or express feelings, but the worst was the years before I found Steelhaven Hall, when the shock and trauma and horror of the situation still echoed in my head. I received some help with those; I remember every detail still, but the traumatic parts... I remember them sort of as though I read it in a book, or watched a movie. I will always bear the scars, I think, but those are only on my face. The mild discomfort of the flesh is nothing compared to waking up in a cold sweat because your brain insists that your face was shredded three seconds ago, and that there's another man with a rocket launcher standing next to your bed, ready to shoot... Oh, I still have some bad dreams, but largely no worse than anyone else's, and no more often, either."
He smiled and patted Liv on the head, "You are a sweet girl, miss Bergen. Do not lose that empathy, however ornery and unfeeling the world seems. It is what distinguishes us from machines and bureaucracies."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:06 am

Adley:

Joakim read the note and wrote.
"There are several sitting rooms up on the third floor, left corridor, take the third of them I will get word to the others of your group to meet you there."
He scribbled down then he added.
"I will ask Mrs Knox to take the samples and guard the woman, I will give your group full access to the prisoner before you leave, then we will talk with her ourselves and have her escorted to Horizon."
Once he was finished writing the hedge wizard handed Adley the note. All the while you and Morningstar's security Chief where communicating you notice that the Nephandus was watching you, keeping a careful, wakeful eye on what you where doing.

Colin:

Colin thought back, "He's about eighteen, I think. And yes, something like how your Master fights to protect people, to help build a society to last."

Liv nodded at that.
"He is fairly young then, allot older than me but fairly young."

He grinned, "I guess we should try to make sure your Master has no reason to fear me, then, since I learned to fight well before I Awakened."

"I think my Master will like you, and beside you saved me Sir so he owe you."
The little girl said joyfully.

He stroked a scar across his face with a fingertip, "Yes, a missile in Iraq, in a war before you were born... I was lauded as a miracle of modern medicine for surviving at all, since the doctors had to stitch my face together from scraps... But there's no lasting pain; the scars are a little stiff most of the time, and I have to make an effort to smile, or express feelings, but the worst was the years before I found Steelhaven Hall, when the shock and trauma and horror of the situation still echoed in my head. I received some help with those; I remember every detail still, but the traumatic parts... I remember them sort of as though I read it in a book, or watched a movie. I will always bear the scars, I think, but those are only on my face.

The little girl nodded she looked at your face for a moment.
"It must have been scary."
She said in a compassionate tone of voice.
"I am glad that you got better Sir."

The mild discomfort of the flesh is nothing compared to waking up in a cold sweat because your brain insists that your face was shredded three seconds ago, and that there's another man with a rocket launcher standing next to your bed, ready to shoot... Oh, I still have some bad dreams, but largely no worse than anyone else's, and no more often, either."

"My Master use a salve on the scars from the werewolf's claws to soften them, I know how to make it, I can make some for you if you wish."
Liv offered then she nodded.
"Bad dreams is no fun."
She agreed.

He smiled and patted Liv on the head, "You are a sweet girl, miss Bergen. Do not lose that empathy, however ornery and unfeeling the world seems. It is what distinguishes us from machines and bureaucracies."

Liv smiles at that.
"My Master say that if we are going to do the work our House do, often arresting or hurting other magi, we need to also have compassion and empathy or we will become just like the Technocracy, and we will forget that the one we deal with are also our sodalis who just stepped wrong."
The girl said, she seamed to look up to her teacher allot and consider whatever came from his lips as great wisdom.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:58 am

He read the note, pocketed the notebook and then looked at the woman again, feeling her eyes on him. He didn't like the way she was watching them. It made his paranoia prickle that something was off, that he wasn't being careful enough, that he was missing something. Even in a magick-proof room, there was the chance that she had something of the vampire's workings, or a hedge wizard. But it didn't sit with him, in any case. He'd rather she be knocked out again, but that wasn't going to happen. "Bind her up again, her eyes and her ears as well, and the chains."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:10 am

Joakim nodded.
"I often prefer to keep prisoners restrained in less uncomfortable ways, but yes until we know more she should be properly restrained."
The hedge wizard said and raised an eyebrow over being ordered in his own Chantry though he said nothing, he went over to the bed and pulled two sets of cuffs out of a pocket.
"Do not resist, I do not want to hurt you."
He told the prisoner gently before he loosed her hands from the belt and handed it back to Adley and then chained her wrists to the bed. The Nephandus did not resist, with three magi in the cell with her and two more waiting outside she did not have much of a chance. Joakim left the medical thread that tied the woman's fingers together, here and there the thread had cut into her skin and she bled a little, the hedge wizard examined the woman's bindings and her fingers and the prisoner could not help but let out a slight wince.
"We are going to find a better way to bind your fingers for now do not move them or fight the restraints your you will end up hurting yourself."
He told the Nephandus kindly, she just turned her face away from him. Joakim straightened.
"The woman is your group's prisoner so I will get a blindfold and something to block her vision but I do not like it, she is not going anywhere now, there is no need to be needlessly brutal."
Joakim said sternly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:16 am

"I do not think I am being brutal, but prudent - however I will not stop you from making accommodations as you see fit," he said. This wasn't his chantry, the man could certainly override him. Adley had a penchant, apparently, for sounding like he was ordering people around when he was being direct. Colin had chastised him on that already.

He took whatever scraps and his belt back when they were given, watching the woman for any sign that something was going on, or if it was just the lack of sleep and ongoing stress. It was not as if he did wish to hurt her but her watching him was making him wonder if she was getting more out of him than vice versa. It was certainly an ironic conversation to have at the heel of him asking about her being tortured, and his disinclination to give into it.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 am

"I do not think I am being brutal, but prudent - however I will not stop you from making accommodations as you see fit," he said. This wasn't his chantry, the man could certainly override him. Adley had a penchant, apparently, for sounding like he was ordering people around when he was being direct. Colin had chastised him on that already.

"Very well, if you think such measures are necessary."
Joakim said and sigh.
"Now if you excuse me I will have to arrange for a guard for the prisoner."
He said and pulled his phone out of his pocket and typed something in quickly.

He took whatever scraps and his belt back when they were given, watching the woman for any sign that something was going on, or if it was just the lack of sleep and ongoing stress.

The woman watched you but whatever it was because she had some plan or if it was just a prisoner nervously watching her captors, her eyes was intent but there was fear in them, but then considering what lay ahead of her both fear and doing just about anything to escape would be expected, nothing was more dangerous than someone backed up into a corner and no one was more backed into a corner than a mage facing Gilgul.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:50 am

"Very well, if you think such measures are necessary." Joakim said and sigh. "Now if you excuse me I will have to arrange for a guard for the prisoner."

"For now," he said. Was he over reacting? Quite possibly...it could be paranoia, brought on by exhaustion encouraged by the urge to protect his people. He did not think he was being brutal but he was being more severe than he had been in the past and that could easily lead there, if repeated. But if he wasn't wrong...then again, the same argument could be said for torturing someone, as the most infamous argument in favor of it went.

These measures could soon be undone as done, but delivering a torture session...or being a party to it, could he even do such a thing? He knew he did not want to, that he wanted another option. He had to remember that they'd had no particular plans to take anyone, if that were the case, what would he have done? It was hard to argue that point though with one of Abigail's loyal followers staring at him. Knowing where she was. The one that had convinced Beatrice...Claire to trade her avatar's well being to spare him. Given what was at stake, all of Boston and it seemed a great deal of trouble here in Chicago as well.

Perhaps the security chief here thought he had no mercy for her. Perhaps he was right; he did not feel the sympathy he might for her that he had for Mr Dale, or even June. It was important to act rightly, then. She was a person even if she was a Nephandi, even if a deplorable person who stole children to give to vampires. He did not want to go too far, by his own measure. He didn't want to be like her, or them, or the ones that had done what they did to Dylan. Or even some of those of his own Tradition. Only apply as much force as necessary...to get the necessary result, prevent harm...protect them...

He watched her, not making any moves but ready and aware that she would do anything to get out of there, just as he would if his position was reversed. And waited for the arrangements to be completed so that he could talk to the others.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:09 pm

"For now," he said.

"I will arrange for the restraints requested."
Joakim said and glanced at the Nephandus for a moment.

He watched her, not making any moves but ready and aware that she would do anything to get out of there, just as he would if his position was reversed. And waited for the arrangements to be completed so that he could talk to the others.

The Nephandi woman continued to watch Adley for a while then her gaze shifted to Adjan and then to Joakim. Soon the tall, pale man you had seen guarding the portal chamber and the bald man that Joakim had called Theo came into the room, the thin man applied a blindfold to the prisoner as well as industrial hairing protectors and he also bound her feet together with rope. Kristine came into the room and drew some blood from the woman with a needle and also took a lock of her hair. The Nephandus did not fight back, she just lay there and let it happen, she was dedicated to keeping at least some of her dignity despite the situation.
"Are you satisfied with how your prisoner is being restrained?"
Joakim said, he was polite enough but there was just a hint of sting in his voice from Adley to his mind having ordered him about in his own Chantry.
"Well with Mr Layman and Mr Jones here guarding the prisoner would you please follow me to the sitting room where you can meet with your Chantrymates?"
The Security Chief said politely.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:28 pm

"Are you satisfied with how your prisoner is being restrained?" Joakim said, he was polite enough but there was just a hint of sting in his voice from Adley to his mind having ordered him about in his own Chantry. "Well with Mr Layman and Mr Jones here guarding the prisoner would you please follow me to the sitting room where you can meet with your Chantrymates?"

"Yes, sir," he said. His face reddened and then paled in turn as he turned to follow him out, glad to be out of the room. He took a deep breath and rubbed a hand across his face. When they were inside the sitting room, if it was clear of others, he said, "I apologize for my terseness...the way she was watching us and the way she spoke was as if she were trying to interrogate -us-." He frowned. "She has been around Tremere. I did not mean to offend you nor do I have any intention of causing her more harm than needs be. That includes what we discussed earlier as well."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Joakim lead the way up two set of stairs and then down a corridor filled with white doors with brass numbers. Adjan walked with you and the hedge wizard though he did not say much. The room is not empty you see Freddy and Francesca is there, if you still say what you where intending to Joakim he just nods.
"It is completely understandable Mr Roth Hicks and I do agree that woman is unnerving."
He said and offered a little smile to say that there was no hard feelings. If you do not say what you where intending the second degree simply let you into the sitting room.

The Security Chief opened one of the doors to reveal a small sitting room with a blue fabric sofa and chairs around an oak table, a bookcase and a desk.
"You can use this room Mr Roth-Hicks."
Joakim said.
"I have sent for your companions to meet you here, it seams miss Adlebloom and Miss...ehm Mandis was it are already here."
He said and indeed Freddy and Francesca was already sitting down in the blue sofa, Francesca had gotten a fresh set of clothes to replace her drenched dress and was now wearing gray slacks and a white tshirt.

Freddy stands and smiles.
"Adley...Adjan, well I should probably go and get Colin, I have made one discovery with tub boy's phone though, or rather something puzzling, do you want that information now or later when we are all together and can discuss between ourselves?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:53 pm

"It is completely understandable Mr Roth Hicks and I do agree that woman is unnerving." He said and offered a little smile to say that there was no hard feelings.

"Thank you, sir," he said, sounding sheepish.

He looked at everyone and gave a nod, then eyed the chairs and couches with nothing less then envy. He wanted to dump himself into one but instead he checked the time again, seeing the message from Bruce. He frowned, wanting a moment to see what the hell that was about.

"Adley...Adjan, well I should probably go and get Colin, I have made one discovery with tub boy's phone though, or rather something puzzling, do you want that information now or later when we are all together and can discuss between ourselves?"

"Let's hear it if it won't take too long, then get Colin...or someone else please do," he added. "But hurry..."

Tub boy served to remind him that while they shot one Nephandus on the grounds they couldn't afford to take him, they had still ended up with another one in custody. He sighed, sitting in the least comfortable seat. "Where is Liv, is she okay? And has anyone called the Chief yet?" he asked.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:55 pm

Colin nodded, "I'm sure your Master might feel he does owe me one... and I hope I will never wind up in a situation where I feel I need to collect on it. Though, I suppose I would not object to a box of Turkish Delights for Christmas," he added with a sly wink.
He pondered, "Hmmm, a salve... No, I thank you for the offer, but the scars are part of me. And I don't know if that salve would help much, in any case - my scars do go to the bone. My face was literally pulled apart from the skull and stitched back together; it's a miracle I have the flexibility I have."
He knelt down, "If you are curious, you are welcome to touch them, see if they feel similar to your Master's scars."
He grinned at the quotation, "If your Master truly lives by those words, I would love to meet him. Perhaps even work with him someday."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:24 pm

Adley:

"Thank you, sir," he said, sounding sheepish.

"Well then I will give your group some privacy Mr Roth Hicks, do you require anything else?"
The tall slender hedge wizard asked.
"I have had a pot of coffee sent up, it should be in the shelf over there, I thought your group might need it."
Joakim said and pointed at a large pot of coffee and some white mugs that stood in the bookshelf.

He looked at everyone and gave a nod, then eyed the chairs and couches with nothing less then envy. He wanted to dump himself into one but instead he checked the time again, seeing the message from Bruce. He frowned, wanting a moment to see what the hell that was about.

The time was now 5:06 in the afternoon. Francesca went and fetched the coffee and the cups over to the table, she filled a cup for Adley and then one for herself since Freddy was on her way out to get Colin.
"Here you look like you need it."
She said.

"Let's hear it if it won't take too long, then get Colin...or someone else please do," he added. "But hurry..."

"Yeah well it should not take to long...I went through the dead Nephandus's phone and most of what I found was calls to fast food shops and the like, and then there where some personal numbers I did not try them as I did not want to draw attention, however there was a few incoming numbers from unknowns callers, most of them I found out what was, call centers that do advertisement, a company doing credit's checks, but one of the incoming numbers was to a public mental health care clinic in Boston, I have googeled the place and there are allot of complaints, the place is described as a bit of a hell hole with patients treated like shit. Now it is not so surprising that a Nephandus would have anything to do with such a place, but still why would a guy who risk everything to get away from Boston be getting calls from a loony bin in well Boston?"
Freddy said and held out the boy's phone to Adley and pointed at the number in question.

Tub boy served to remind him that while they shot one Nephandus on the grounds they couldn't afford to take him, they had still ended up with another one in custody. He sighed, sitting in the least comfortable seat. "Where is Liv, is she okay? And has anyone called the Chief yet?" he asked.

"Liv is with Colin and she is safe, he sent me to get some fresh clothes to Francesca."
Freddy said.
"I have not called the Chief at least, I can if you want me to, but since he is your mentor I assumed you would do it.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I'm sure your Master might feel he does owe me one... and I hope I will never wind up in a situation where I feel I need to collect on it. Though, I suppose I would not object to a box of Turkish Delights for Christmas," he added with a sly wink.

"Well they are delicious, the real ones not the one they sell in supermarkets in Norway."
Liv said and smiles.
"I am sure my Master would not mind you calling in on a favor though, but then he is powerful so having that boon and saving it might be good to."

He pondered, "Hmmm, a salve... No, I thank you for the offer, but the scars are part of me. And I don't know if that salve would help much, in any case - my scars do go to the bone. My face was literally pulled apart from the skull and stitched back together; it's a miracle I have the flexibility I have."

"That sounds like it really hurt."
Liv said and patted Colin's hand.
"Ok it was just an offer."
She said and smiles.

He knelt down, "If you are curious, you are welcome to touch them, see if they feel similar to your Master's scars."

Liv carefully lifted a hand and trouched your scars then she nodded.
"Somewhat but yours are harder, like pieces of rubber."
She said with a child's honesty.
"His are softer like just rough skin.

He grinned at the quotation, "If your Master truly lives by those words, I would love to meet him. Perhaps even work with him someday."

"My Master is a good man and he is..."
Liv looked down a bit ashamed of what she was saying.
"He is nicer to people than my father. My father is always nice to me, but he can be cruel to others. My Master is stern but he is polite to everyone even if he is a bit...gruff, he do not shout and yell for no reason and I always know that if he is angry there is a reason, he feels safe to be around."
She muttered.
"I love my father but his mood swings all the time."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Colin grinned, "I don't know about the ones sold in Norway, but when I grew up, there was a Turkish man who owned a specialty shop; food imported from Turkey. He often had Turkish Delights in stock, and would sell little pieces for a couple of pennies apiece to the children in the neighbourhood. A good man; I don't know if he's still around, though - I haven't been back in decades..."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I'm familiar with the sort. I've had a few officers like that; stern but just, and unless you had made a dangerous mistake, never raised their voice above normal conversation. In fact, there was one Colonel, I rather suspect he may have been a Mage, in retrospect - when he got angry, his voice became even calmer than before, and you could feel the temperature drop. I saw one man push his luck farther when the Colonel didn't raise his voice... I never saw that soldier again. But a few of the others swore there were traces of actual frost in the area... in the Iraqi summer. As for your father, well... We'll bring you home, and we'll have a word with him. He needs some help in that respect, I think."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top