Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Ashan101 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:21 pm

Richard steps to the portal and sighs..... .closes his eyes and steps through

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:29 pm

The woman nodded, her facial expression never changed though.
"That is correct I am Madeline Rose bani Sons of Ether welcome to Morningstar Mr Wainwright."
She said, her voice was stern but friendly enough.
"The designs on the floor are old, they where done by a Hermetic of House Verditius long since dead."
She replied to your comment, then she indicated the man who stood next to her.
"Let me introduce Joakim Reshal initiated hedge wizard of the Order of Hermes, he is our Chief of Security."
The old Etherite said and the linear mage inclined his head towards the visitors.

Freddy gave a polite nod towards Madeline and Joakim.
"I am Winifred Adlebloom bani Virtual Adepts of Steelhaven Hall, please just call me Freddy though."
She said. Madeline though did not look like someone who used nicknames for anyone.

Richard it is an extremely strange feeling, for a moment is is as if all sense of direction vanish and you get put into a washing machine and tumbled around for a while and then spat back out again. You arrive in a circular stone room with symbols carved into the walls and silver inlays in the floor, you do feel pretty dizzy though but it is easier with a portal than when just being grabbed and teleported so you manage to stay on your feet, you two see the stern looking middle aged woman and her tall thin friend by the wooden door leading out of the circular chamber.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:18 pm

Colin bowed to the man, "Mr. Reshal. I must admit, Madame Rose, I had not expected to visit this Chantry so soon after I met Lady Arden today. A chance encounter at the Boston Umbral Port, but perhaps a good omen."
He looked at the floor designs again, "As a silversmith, I can only compliment the artisan's skill, and commend your Chantry's care and maintenance."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:31 pm

"Ah Master Arden, she is one of the Deacons of this Chantry, indeed let us hope it is a good omen Mr Wainwright."
Madeline said.
"I do hope she is alright did something happen at the Boston Umbra docks you say?"
She asked.
"Well yes the man who made these inlays where quite skilled, and his work here rare and valuable off course we would care for it."
The Etherite said but she did give you a hint of a smile.
"His former apprentice is a member of this Chantry today, perhaps she will one day be as skilled as her master."

Joakim gave you another polite nod when you addressed him. You see Richard come through the portal and then Francesca both looking a bit queasy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:19 pm

Freddy fished up her tablet and did a quick search. "Ok here we have the general layout of the apartments themselves from the sales article when they tried to unload them on customers, a layout of the apartment building itself...and some pictures of it..."Yes it is on the other side of the plaza and the plaza is huge and if you look at those pictures on the tablet you see that the apartment building is at the outskirts of the plaza on the backside of it so yeah we should not be right in the Union's lap, not that we will not be closer than I prefer."

"Thank you," he said to her as he took the tablet. He looked over the schematics and tried to see how the apartments were laid out - where Nicolai's apartment would be in the 30-storey building and then handed it over to Adjan and Francesca and the others to see.

"Two drams of tass if your group should need it mea filius, we are on short supply right now though so this is all I could spare." He said then he briefly gave his apprentice a pat on the shoulder to say good luck before he turned to the rest of the group. "Stay safe and return in one piece with Liv Bergen."

He nodded and put the bag carefully away for the time being. "Yes, sir." He gave him a nod at being patted on the shoulder and gathered himself mentally for getting the job done.

Narim opened the door to his office again. "It is done, please forgive the appearance of it, when working with something that Hermetics have originally made, well they do have a flair for the dramatic so when combined with my own Paradigm, well it gets somewhat odd." Narim said then he looked at Jeffry and Adley. "Sorry I did not mean to say anything...negative bout your Tradition."

Adley looked at Narim and then past him into the room to see what the portal looked like, curious now. When he moved aside to let them in he glanced at the Adept again with an amused look as he saw it. "Flair? Well, we do have our own style..." He tried to see what some of the glyphs were, if they were similar to the ones that were inscribed on the gun he'd been given but knew that it took effort to sustain it though so he did not linger or make as much ado about it as Freddy, save to say, "House Thig might like this...but as long as it works, and I know it does, I trust you." He'd gotten used to the nondescript effect of suddenly just being somewhere else, it was strange to see this manifestation. It was hardly what he would envision as a traditional Hermes portal but he was getting used to the fact that others did things differently. There were some recognizable motifs.

Colin followed the group along, and arched an eyebrow when they entered Narim's office, "Well, then, this should make for an interesting trip... I trust we won't be forced to lower our resolutions on the way?" He gave Narim a wink, " Oh, and rest assured, if this turns out to bring us to the Tristram Cathedral, I will send a stern letter of complaint... somehow.

Adley gave Colin a long look at the idea of being ported somewhere else, though he didn't get the reference, and seemed to withdraw slightly. "Not too interesting I hope. My general sense of adventure has been somewhat taxed..." he said in a wry tone.

"It should be a normal portal it just...well this is what happens when I try to work with something made by Hermetics." He said and scratched his head.

"I wonder what it would look like if we made something like that...or something else. Not that I can make a portal myself," he added. "Yet..." He supposed it did look like something out of a video game or one of Colin's stories. Having worked with people that had some basic Hermetic underpinnings had been challenging but they'd mostly managed...then those that had mystic leanings. But combining technomagic with mystic magic had to be difficult, if the paradigms were so different.

Adley waited for the rest of the mages to go through, one at a time. Either go in first, to secure the area, or last, to bring up the rear of the party. He shuffled forward as each person disappeared to their intended destination. "There's nothing to be embarrassed about and I'm not offended at the 'flair,'" he said to Narim. "And thank you," he said, looking a little concerned, given the conversation they'd had not fifteen minutes before. On impulse, he gave him a pat on the shoulder or arm, whichever was closer by, much like his pater had done to him and Narim had tried to do earlier, before stepping through the portal himself.

// Werewolves would call it a 'snack' of mages, Vampires a 'dinner'? A 'paradox' of Marauders. 'Surrealism' of Tradmages?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Colin nodded, "Well, their craft had apparently bumped into an umbrood on their way; they made their repairs and continued their journey. I shouldn't worry too much - the incident at the port, if you call it that, was resolved with little drama. An injured hand, and a head wound which were swiftly attended."
He turned toward the portal, "Dr. Lee, miss Mandis, are you quite alright?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:18 pm

Adjan:

"Thank you," he said to her as he took the tablet. He looked over the schematics and tried to see how the apartments were laid out - where Nicolai's apartment would be in the 30-storey building and then handed it over to Adjan and Francesca and the others to see.

Adjan took the tablet and studied it carefully then handed it to Francesca. Nicolai's apartment would be in the end of the hall approximately in the middle of the building.

Adley looked at Narim and then past him into the room to see what the portal looked like, curious now. When he moved aside to let them in he glanced at the Adept again with an amused look as he saw it. "Flair? Well, we do have our own style..." He tried to see what some of the glyphs were, if they were similar to the ones that were inscribed on the gun he'd been given but knew that it took effort to sustain it though so he did not linger or make as much ado about it as Freddy, save to say, "House Thig might like this...but as long as it works, and I know it does, I trust you."

"Yes...well off course you have your own style I did not mean to be rude I just...find it hard to understand."
Narim said. You recognize a few Norse runes, a pentagram, an Egyptian hieroglyphic among others, it seamed to be a hodge podge of symbols.
"I suspect that House Thig might might like it yes."
The Virtual Adept said with a bit of a smile.
"Thank you for your trust, yes the portal do work I am getting stable readings from the other side."
The young Master of the Art said and glanced down at his tablet.

"I wonder what it would look like if we made something like that...or something else. Not that I can make a portal myself," he added. "Yet..." He supposed it did look like something out of a video game or one of Colin's stories. Having worked with people that had some basic Hermetic underpinnings had been challenging but they'd mostly managed...then those that had mystic leanings. But combining technomagic with mystic magic had to be difficult, if the paradigms were so different.

"I have seen some beautiful Hermetic portals, often they use black mirrors or they might look like this but less computer graphics like it varies."
Narim said.
"But symbol inscribed mirrors seams to be popular, the rote I have linked up with now however use an idea about the points of a ten sided stars correlating to directions of the world and that is about as much as I have been able to gather about it."
The Virtual Adept said.

Adley waited for the rest of the mages to go through, one at a time. Either go in first, to secure the area, or last, to bring up the rear of the party. He shuffled forward as each person disappeared to their intended destination.

The group quickly went though one after the other, the last one through before you was Adjan.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about and I'm not offended at the 'flair,'" he said to Narim. "And thank you," he said, looking a little concerned, given the conversation they'd had not fifteen minutes before. On impulse, he gave him a pat on the shoulder or arm, whichever was closer by, much like his pater had done to him and Narim had tried to do earlier, before stepping through the portal himself.

"Thank you."
Narim said and he gave a warm smile.
"Well I am not used to trying to combine my Paradigm with a Hermetic one."
He said and nodded.
"Good luck Adley."

You arrive in the circular room, on this side the symbols on the walls and the floor make more sense and there was indeed a ten sided star there, inlaid in silver on the floor. Everyone was busy introducing themselves to a stern looking woman in a Victorian dress and a tall thin man with a ponytail.
"Is this everyone?"
The woman asked.
"Now for anyone new my name is Madeline Rose bani Sons of Ether I have been put in charge of assisting you. This is Joakim Reshal he is our Chief of Security. Now if this was everyone if you would all please follow me to my office and we will discuss what you will need to complete your work. This Chantry is off course willing to help in saving an Avatar."
The woman continued.
"Welcome to Chantry Morningstar."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Well, their craft had apparently bumped into an umbrood on their way; they made their repairs and continued their journey. I shouldn't worry too much - the incident at the port, if you call it that, was resolved with little drama. An injured hand, and a head wound which were swiftly attended."

"Good to know Mr Wainwright."
Madeline said.
"Bumping into an Umbrood is not exactly common, not one powerful enough to damage such a ship."
She muttered.
"Well never mind that, as long as all is safe."

"Dr. Lee, miss Mandis, are you quite alright?"

"Teleporting I am never getting used to it, and I have traveled to and from the underworld."
Francesca said, she looked a little pale.
"But I am fine, thank you."

Shortly thereafter you see Adjan and then Adley go through the portal and then the hole between two points in space slowly closed.

(OOC: Well mages are delicious just ask the Avatar Eater of course they are a snack. Razz By the way Morningstar was the Chantry I made for my first Mage campaign, so I have been developing it for oh 18 years now, I could not resist letting it have a small appearance.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:23 pm

Adjan took the tablet and studied it carefully then handed it to Francesca. Nicolai's apartment would be in the end of the hall approximately in the middle of the building.

"It looks like he picked one of the most secure areas of the building, it looks like it would be in the middle and end of one hall, assuming that the apartment numbers and floors are ordered logically."

"Yes...well off course you have your own style I did not mean to be rude I just...find it hard to understand." Narim said.

"I'm just getting used to the fact you can use computers to do what you do even if I may never understand."

"But symbol inscribed mirrors seams to be popular, the rote I have linked up with now however use an idea about the points of a ten sided stars correlating to directions of the world and that is about as much as I have been able to gather about it."

He nodded at that, thoughtful of the explanation but like so much else, little time to really ponder anything more about it.

"Thank you." Narim said and he gave a warm smile. "Well I am not used to trying to combine my Paradigm with a Hermetic one."
He said and nodded. "Good luck Adley."

"Good luck to you too, goodness knows our chantry could use some."

"Is this everyone?" The woman asked. "Now for anyone new my name is Madeline Rose bani Sons of Ether I have been put in charge of assisting you. This is Joakim Reshal he is our Chief of Security. Now if this was everyone if you would all please follow me to my office and we will discuss what you will need to complete your work. This Chantry is off course willing to help in saving an Avatar...The woman continued.
"Welcome to Chantry Morningstar."

"Yes," he answered, noting the star and the chamber as he listened to the introductions. "Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau. Thank you for your hospitality and assistance." He caught how pale Francesca looked and gave her a sympathetic look before turning his attention back to the others, to see how they were. He knew teleporting could make you feel rather ill...but the portal was much easier than being plucked up and going through to a realm. Cita's rug was never going to be the same; he couldn't help but feel anything but shame at how long it took him to recover from that trip and how it had added to the cost, at the end of it.

// Why not use something that you've got ready at hand for an awesome cameo = )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:36 pm

"Yes I am, I'd forgotten how much I hated portal travel" Said Richard eyes open now.. .blinking

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:34 am

Colin nodded, "I've encountered birds in flight myself; such dangerous surprises are, I suppose, possible in both the shadows and the light..."
He glanced over at Joakim, "Mr. Reshal, not all of our party are entirely comfortable with this mode of transportation - might we bother you for a few glasses of water?"
He looked down himself and gave his stomach a light prod, "Hm, I seem to be growing more comfortable with this sort of travel with every trip..."

((OOC: Well, personally, I like dropping a few brilliant bits of old campaigns into new ones - one of my favorites being one of my players' side business: Smythe's Books and Reanimation Services. Sometimes the sign is broken, and the last three words are missing... but it's still the same chain. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:57 am

Friday:

Lily sigh and shook her head.
"Ah so there are something terrible there you do not want to tell me?"
She said.
"For it really do not make sense, even with this Paradox thingy someone should have noticed a bunch a super powered folks running around, so what are the real reason Tane, we might as well get it out into the open."
The girl said sternly.

Ok, it's your ass in the line, too, so you have the right, but don't freak out. Tane explained the begining from the order of reason to the actual (lost) War of Ascention.

((i don't have it right, but Tane has a roughly understandment of it, so he can explain))

"Dynamic? Primordial? What is that?"

Avatars have different ways to take us to Ascention, to uplift us to a almost godly state where a mage understands the reality to the point you turn one with it, not just something inside it. Dinamic Avatarsseek around everywhere for knowledge, are never steady and make you energetic and lively. In the other hand, a Primordial Avatar, such as mine, is an old spirit, maybe a more explicit manifestation of the divine. they are ussually gods, great spirits or embodiments of nature. I think yours is this last kind, a natural Primordial, but that, as Jeffry said, it's not really important.

Saturday:

Ah, so the girl that has cleansed her avatar is here? Is she alright? Tane said dismissively to the other explanations. This girl might not want to live, but she was the only way to save Beatrice from her demise.

AH, so they catched it up. Great. Ok, can i help in something with this Micah or his apprentice? The actions of this guy seemed a little off, like if he was not him. Any normal person would have discussed it with his supperiors or would done something... more final. THis was just... strange.

Want me to stand guard? You look like you could use some rest.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:03 am

Richard and Colin:

He glanced over at Joakim, "Mr. Reshal, not all of our party are entirely comfortable with this mode of transportation - might we bother you for a few glasses of water?"
He looked down himself and gave his stomach a light prod, "Hm, I seem to be growing more comfortable with this sort of travel with every trip..."

"If you follow us to get to the offices we will be passing the kitchen, I can get your group some water there Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said then he smiled.
"It took me a long time to get used to such methods of travel as well, and I have always preferred more subtle means. In anyway your group following me to the kitchens will be more effective than me going there, getting water and coming back."
The hedge wizard said.

Tane

Friday:

Ok, it's your ass in the line, too, so you have the right, but don't freak out. Tane explained the begining from the order of reason to the actual (lost) War of Ascention.

Lily's eyes widened as you told her about the Order of Reason.
"It sounds like once they where actual good guys wanting to protect humanity then, but that they have become just corrupt bullies now?"
She asked then she looked scared.
"So what you are saying is that just for being what I am, for being able to see spirits I might be hunted down an shot by secret agents or the T800 from Terminator? I...I...but..."
She said and looked quite scared.
"Are there allot of these people?"

Avatars have different ways to take us to Ascention, to uplift us to a almost godly state where a mage understands the reality to the point you turn one with it, not just something inside it. Dinamic Avatarsseek around everywhere for knowledge, are never steady and make you energetic and lively. In the other hand, a Primordial Avatar, such as mine, is an old spirit, maybe a more explicit manifestation of the divine. they are ussually gods, great spirits or embodiments of nature. I think yours is this last kind, a natural Primordial, but that, as Jeffry said, it's not really important.

Lily nodded as she tried to process all the information she had been given.
"So my Avatar want to become one with the universe, reaching higher states of consciousness and such, I am not sure if I am ready for that."
She said and Jeffry got an amused look in his eyes though he raised an eyebrow at Tane over the familiarity of his address of him, he was not the one to stand firm on formality but still he was quite old and set in his ways.
"Very few are at your age child, very few are at my age either, reaching Asuncion takes many lifetimes in most cases. Do not focus so much on that now, focus on finding a path and walking it, everything else will come later."
Lily nodded she glanced at Tane.
"How do I find a path?"
She asked.

Saturday:

Ah, so the girl that has cleansed her avatar is here? Is she alright? Tane said dismissively to the other explanations. This girl might not want to live, but she was the only way to save Beatrice from her demise.

"Yes she is here and as for alright, I do not know she lives if you would call that living, but I have yet to see her do much but stare out into nothingness."
Amadeus said and shivered at the thought of the woman.
"I do not know how to get her to a condition where she can tell us anything to help Bee."
The Verbena said then he sigh.
"It is about this girl I asked you here though Mr Karyak, or rather my own strange reaction to her, do you remember the woman who walks by my grand river?"
The old mage asked a little embarrassed to be speaking openly about his Avatar even if the two of them where the only one in the hallway, it was a private matter.
"She is fascinated by Miss Florentine, I have never felt the Companion react that strongly to anything outside of myself before, it is like if she know the girl in some way and I would like to know why she is so attracted to this poor woman.

AH, so they catched it up. Great. Ok, can i help in something with this Micah or his apprentice? The actions of this guy seemed a little off, like if he was not him. Any normal person would have discussed it with his supperiors or would done something... more final. THis was just... strange.

"I doubt anyone can help them. Mr Gregario are in a remarkably good condition for someone who have lost his..."
Amadeus swallowed hard at the thought of it.
"But having come face to face with the same type of creature that destroyed and devoured his Avatar...well he is understandably not doing to well and Miss Florentine she...well let us just say that letting her die would be far kinder, but right now we need her."

Want me to stand guard? You look like you could use some rest.

Amadeus hesitated he did not want to leave Beatrice but then he would require rest if he was going to continue to function well as her protector and as a healer for the Chantry.
"Thank you Mr Karyak I...would appreciate it. I would have to scan your belongings with magick first though, I trust you but right now we need to make sure no one can slip something into one of our pockets or anything else that is danger to the ones we are guarding."
He said and gave the Dreamspeaker a tired smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:03 pm

Colin nodded, "Sounds good; thank you."
He turned to Adley, "By the way, just to clarify, who will be on point when we head out; you or I?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:31 pm

Madeline and Joakim begun to lead the guests out of the portal chamber the hallway outside might be in a cellar for the walls are stone. Right outside of the room there stand a slender, blond man neatly dressed in black pressed pants, a white shirt and a black west, around his neck he wore a simple silver omega that indicated that he might be Euthanatos, the man was clearly guarding the portal room, something that might be a wise precaution.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:09 pm

Lily's eyes widened as you told her about the Order of Reason.
"It sounds like once they where actual good guys wanting to protect humanity then, but that they have become just corrupt bullies now?"
She asked then she looked scared.
"So what you are saying is that just for being what I am, for being able to see spirits I might be hunted down an shot by secret agents or the T800 from Terminator? I...I...but..."
She said and looked quite scared.
"Are there allot of these people?"

For some time, they were. When we had little boundaries, any of us could have brought the demise of a village and that, of course, might have led many mages to see other people as nothing. But all revolutionaries turn, lastly, into dictators.

What i say is that i am with this people. You can go with them, and they'll tell you that you're able to see extradimensional beings. They might not be as bad to you as they were to others and many have joined them for crimes we commited.
The decision is yours: i am not telling you anything in terms of good or bad.

More than us, baby. Lots more.

Lily nodded as she tried to process all the information she had been given.
"So my Avatar want to become one with the universe, reaching higher states of consciousness and such, I am not sure if I am ready for that."
She said and Jeffry got an amused look in his eyes though he raised an eyebrow at Tane over the familiarity of his address of him, he was not the one to stand firm on formality but still he was quite old and set in his ways.
"Very few are at your age child, very few are at my age either, reaching Asuncion takes many lifetimes in most cases. Do not focus so much on that now, focus on finding a path and walking it, everything else will come later."
Lily nodded she glanced at Tane.

Oh, you're not. But your avatar guides you every step of the way. We are but vehicles for the plans of the spirits, and once you're ready, your avatar will unlock a little piece of knowledge. 
It's glorious, beautyful and perfect.

About the path... It depends on what you wanna do with your abilities and how you get to understand what you do. For that, you must learn first other ideas, paths and that way, find your own. It's thrilling, really.

Saturday:

Tane frowned at the idea of so much damage on the girl.
I couldn't forget something that beautiful. Tane responded with a nod.

We should be careful, but... For what you say and for what i've seen, the lady is a shard of your avatar. Those shards get mature, ripen after some lifetime. They turn into full grown avatars, often weaker than others, but as strong as any independent avatar.
Maybe your lady feels ready and wants to go. Would you feel ready to let her go, if that's so? Because if not, we should not investigate further.
 It was almost obvious, but they should ask and confirm.

No objections. I couldn't say no either if i didn't want to. Tane said, joking. If you don't feel good leaving you could stay here, but i suggest you got some time for yourself, rest truly. I won't let anyone past here.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:22 pm

Adley followed as they were led towards a meeting room. When Colin addressed him, he stepped up next to him to answer. "Good question. I generally find that I prefer being either first or last. In the end our chosen tactics assist in deciding that role, especially given your...special intelligence but also the likelihood of crowds and traps," he said, glancing at him for his input at how he felt about it.

And the danger, of course...they'd already been ambushed once. First thing though was to get to the building then figure out the wards. And he didn't like talking too freely in this strange chantry, either. As they navigated through the chantry, he allowed himself to glance around for landmarks in case they had to get around the place without assistance. He doubted the place was as big as Lux Iternis, but that didn't mean it would necessarily be any easier to navigate.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:30 pm

Colin nodded, "You take the lead, I tag you out at the destination, then?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:37 pm

Adley, Colin and Richard:

"It looks like he picked one of the most secure areas of the building, it looks like it would be in the middle and end of one hall, assuming that the apartment numbers and floors are ordered logically."

"Well it is the most likely scenario is it not that this vampire would choose one of the most secure apartments for his own, I know I would if I was picking one out for myself."
Adjan said.

"I'm just getting used to the fact you can use computers to do what you do even if I may never understand."

Narim gave a smile at that.
"We are the same then, both have a problem understanding how and why what the other do can work."
He said.

"Good luck to you too, goodness knows our chantry could use some."

"Well now that is the truth."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled.
"Let us hope we both have luck then."

"Yes," he answered, noting the star and the chamber as he listened to the introductions. "Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau. Thank you for your hospitality and assistance." He caught how pale Francesca looked and gave her a sympathetic look before turning his attention back to the others, to see how they were. He knew teleporting could make you feel rather ill...but the portal was much easier than being plucked up and going through to a realm.

"Flambeau you say Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Reshal here is of that same House."
Madeline said then she nodded.
"Like I said if Morningstar can help save an Avatar off course we will do so, also it is never a bad thing to have another Chantry owe you one."
She said as she lead you and your group into the corridor.

The others seamed mostly fine, Francesca was a little pale, Adjan and Freddy looked like if nothing unusual had happened.

As you walk it turns out that the portal room was indeed in a basement, you get up into a large hall area and Madeline indicate a room to the left.
"If you want some water ladies and gentlemen, or other refreshments there is a kitchen here, if you would like to get right down to business though we can go directly to my office and I can have some refreshments brought there."
The old Sons of Ether said. As you walk into the hall area you see some others of Morningstar's residents, a pretty black girl in a white dress with her hair in braids walked towards a staircase with a stack of books in her arms. A young man with red hair was guarding two little girls who where playing in the hallway. A man that might be from India and a pale skinned man in black walked past your group you will notice that both Adjan and Francesca glance at the stylized omega around his neck, one that had it's edges hammered out to resemble blades, both the Euthanatoi looked tense and angry until the black dressed man who was walking elegantly with a gentleman's cane had passed.

(OOC: Strife I am so sorry I did not see your post this morning, I am not sure how I missed it but I did. I have replied to it now. I will work on a post for Tane as well but I just wanted to get this posted since I missed your post earlier.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:04 pm

After the black-dressed gent passed, Colin leaned closer to Adjan, and whispered, "Acquaintance of yours?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:13 pm

"Well it is the most likely scenario is it not that this vampire would choose one of the most secure apartments for his own, I know I would if I was picking one out for myself." Adjan said.

He nodded. "Yes, it makes sense. Also, I suppose it would have a few less windows."

"Flambeau you say Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Reshal here is of that same House."
Madeline said then she nodded. "Like I said if Morningstar can help save an Avatar off course we will do so, also it is never a bad thing to have another Chantry owe you one.

"Yes, that's correct." He nodded to Mr Reshal as he was told his House. Of course, trading favors would pop up, even if it was a mutual situation. Politics...well, with having another Chantry owe them one came the maintenance of a relationship between them. At least given they would be around to ask to collect it.

Colin nodded, "You take the lead, I tag you out at the destination, then?"

"Let's go with that for now," he agreed, stepping up forward.

"If you want some water ladies and gentlemen, or other refreshments there is a kitchen here, if you would like to get right down to business though we can go directly to my office and I can have some refreshments brought there.

"It would be best to get to business," he said to her. The sun was only up so many hours, even if the time zones had been kind enough to grant them one extra hour or so. He noted Adjan and Francesca's reaction to the man with the necklace and gave them a brief questioning look as if to ask if there was a problem.

// no problem!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:31 pm

Tane:

Friday:

For some time, they were. When we had little boundaries, any of us could have brought the demise of a village and that, of course, might have led many mages to see other people as nothing. But all revolutionaries turn, lastly, into dictators.

Lily nodded then she sigh.
"Power corrupts."
She said and sounded worried.
"It corrupted those mages in the past or at least some of them and it corrupted this Order of Reason you speak of."

What i say is that i am with this people. You can go with them, and they'll tell you that you're able to see extradimensional beings. They might not be as bad to you as they were to others and many have joined them for crimes we commited.
The decision is yours: i am not telling you anything in terms of good or bad.

Lily shook her head.
"You say these guys hunt down other mages, I would not want to hurt someone down and hurt them for being different. I do not care so much what the things I see are called, but I do care about trying to be a decent human being."
She said.

Oh, you're not. But your avatar guides you every step of the way. We are but vehicles for the plans of the spirits, and once you're ready, your avatar will unlock a little piece of knowledge.
It's glorious, beautyful and perfect.

"But how do it know when I am ready?"
Lily asked.

About the path... It depends on what you wanna do with your abilities and how you get to understand what you do. For that, you must learn first other ideas, paths and that way, find your own. It's thrilling, really.

"Well I do not know really I have not thought about it, I mean two days ago I did not know there where mages or that such powers existed beyond the things I saw, I have not had the time to think about what I want to do with it."
The girl said and scratched her head.

Saturday:

Tane frowned at the idea of so much damage on the girl.
I couldn't forget something that beautiful. Tane responded with a nod.

Amadeus just gave a slight smile and nodded, he did not reply.

We should be careful, but... For what you say and for what i've seen, the lady is a shard of your avatar. Those shards get mature, ripen after some lifetime. They turn into full grown avatars, often weaker than others, but as strong as any independent avatar.

"Yes that is how I have understood it Mr Karyak, a secondary Avatar attached to mine. We do not know why such companions happen but one of the theories is that they are young Avatars or shards that walk beside another of their kind until it is mature enough for incarnation."

Maybe your lady feels ready and wants to go. Would you feel ready to let her go, if that's so? Because if not, we should not investigate further. It was almost obvious, but they should ask and confirm.

"Yes..."
Amadeus muttered softly.
"Nothing would make me happier, you see she is a blessing but also a curse. For four lives I have not grown or developed, I have live as the same person. We do not know more about Avatar companions other than that since they do not incarnate themselves they are not washed clean in the Well of Souls so they carry with them much stronger past life memories. For some that even mean we will have a complete reincarnation, that is that the personality of the past incarnation are transferred to the new life intact. Having an Avatar companion are not the only way this can happen but it do make it allot more likely."
The old Verbena said then he looks away for a moment.
"When I was five years old my full memories and personality reestablished itself. You might remember your past lives in flashes and short memories, I remember mine like I do last week. The first of these lives, probably the first where this woman joined by great river to walk beside it I was a tribal seeress on the planes of Thrace and I still wake up at night weeping for the son I had that drowned in a river. My second life I was a Roman senator and a member of the Cult of Mercury, I still remember the fear that the ones who assassinated me would go after my wife and child next as I lay dying, my third life I was a Druid in the Hermetic House Diedne, one of Llewellyn's apprentices. I remember the pain I felt as I lay broken and watched as a mob of Flambeau raped and murdered my two apprentices...the flames that took my life after that was nearly a blessing...and now, now I am a mage of the Verbena Tradition, however when I die, that be tomorrow on in five hundred more years I will be reborn the same person, the same mind the same personality. I do not get to learn from different lives I always continue the same one and I will continue to do so as long as the woman in white walk beside my great river."
Amadeus sigh a tear rolled down his pale cheek.
"I can not just abandon her though, if she have chosen my Avatar as teacher who am I to deny her, however if she is ready to go, I will welcome it Mr Karyak, you see for all intents and purposes I am immortal, I can die but I will be reborn, not as a reincarnation but as me, as if awakening after a long sleep, and I long to be able to, once this life is done, to actually be done with this life and move on to the next."
The old mage said then he shook his head.
"Ah forgive me Mr Karyak, I did not mean to burden you with my troubles, I just meant to say yes, I do want to investigate this further and if the woman in white are ready to go, I am willing to see her do on to an incarnation of her own...what do this have to do with Miss Florentine though?"
He asked.

No objections. I couldn't say no either if i didn't want to. Tane said, joking. If you don't feel good leaving you could stay here, but i suggest you got some time for yourself, rest truly. I won't let anyone past here.

Amadeus took his dagger from his belt and pricked his own finger, he dripped three droplets of blood at Tane's feet and he studied how the blood fell then he nodded satisfied.
"You are clean."
He said.
"And the only thing magickal on you are your sword."
He added then he nodded.
"Very well I will stay in the Node room but I will get some rest, just remember let no one in here save your Cabalmembers, Master Telar and Master Morgan, someone want those who might be able to find away to save a Fallen Avatar dead, we can not take any chances."
The old mage said sternly.
"Call for me to wake me up if anything happens."

Colin, Adley and Richard:

After the black-dressed gent passed, Colin leaned closer to Adjan, and whispered, "Acquaintance of yours?"

Adjan looked like he had been gravely insulted for a moment then he remembered that Colin probably did not know.
"No...I do not know him Mr Wainwright, but I know that symbol he is wearing."
The Euthanatos spat.
"He is with the Freedom Razors of the House Helekar."
He said and Francesca all but hissed.

He nodded. "Yes, it makes sense. Also, I suppose it would have a few less windows."

"Well from the floor plans of the apartments here each flat have both an storage unit and a wash room that do not have windows as well, a good place for a vampire to hide during the day though I doubt the one who is holding Liv Bergen is sleeping in an apartment others know that he owns."
Adjan said as he glanced at the tablet.

"Yes, that's correct." He nodded to Mr Reshal as he was told his House. Of course, trading favors would pop up, even if it was a mutual situation. Politics...well, with having another Chantry owe them one came the maintenance of a relationship between them. At least given they would be around to ask to collect it.

Joakim gave Adley a friendly smile and he rolled his eyes a bit when politics came into the discussion, he seamed to have little patience for it though he said little.

"It would be best to get to business," he said to her. The sun was only up so many hours, even if the time zones had been kind enough to grant them one extra hour or so. He noted Adjan and Francesca's reaction to the man with the necklace and gave them a brief questioning look as if to ask if there was a problem.

Madeline Rose nodded she lead the way across the hall and opened the door to a plain office, it had a good quality oak desk but it was very old and worn, there was shelves full of papers in binders and books as well as odd instruments and trinkets along the walls, behind the desk there was a window facing a well groomed garden, on the other wall there hung a painting of a snappy looking gentleman in rich Victorian garbs as well as a few photographs. One of the photographs Adley will feel he almost know, as if he have seen it before, it show a young man and a woman in 1940's attire. She was tall and thin wearing a pale dress and a hat, and he was dark of hair and eye wearing a suit, both looking into the camera and smiling.
"I am afraid I only have four chairs, my office is not very luxurious, I do apologize."
Madeline said and indicated four gold painted padded chairs by the same wall that had the pictures.
"I will send for some refreshments."

As for Adjan and Francesca they meet Adley's gaze and yes something was wrong as the two Euthanatos did not just look angry, they looked frightened.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:46 pm

Colin nodded to Adjan, "I don't know that faction... Elaborate in the car?"
Entering the office, Colin held out a chair for Freddy, smiling, before quickly scanning the room to take in the desk, the pictures, the window, and any number of other small, identifying features.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:56 pm

Adjan sigh and nodded.
"Very well, I can do so."
He said.

Frreddy sat down in the offered chair and she gave you a bit of a smile. Adjan indicated a chair for Francesca before he said.
"I prefer to stand."
He said to Madeline Rose then he added politely.
"And your office is very practical Madame."
Madeline gave the Euthanatos a nod before she pulled out her phone and hit a few keys and then said.
"It is me, please bring some refreshments and cold water to my office...yes that will be nice thank you Miss Baker."
Madeline put her phone down and then waited for everyone to settle down.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:39 pm

"Well from the floor plans of the apartments here each flat have both an storage unit and a wash room that do not have windows as well, a good place for a vampire to hide during the day though I doubt the one who is holding Liv Bergen is sleeping in an apartment others know that he owns."

"Probably not." He looked for the fire escapes and service stairs and then handed the pad back to Freddy.

Joakim gave Adley a friendly smile and he rolled his eyes a bit when politics came into the discussion, he seamed to have little patience for it though he said little.

Adley felt a smile tug at the corner of his mouth but he would not be so rude as to take note of any such thing as eye-rolling behind the bosses back. Best behavior, he had been told.

"No...I do not know him Mr Wainwright, but I know that symbol he is wearing." The Euthanatos spat. "He is with the Freedom Razors of the House Helekar." He said and Francesca all but hissed
Colin nodded to Adjan, "I don't know that faction... Elaborate in the car?"
Adjan sigh and nodded."Very well, I can do so."

He didn't like the fact they looked -afraid-...anger was one thing, but fear. He recognized what the symbol had been but this wasn't a good place to discuss any intra-Tradition issues. Shit, just what they needed, more problems.

"I am afraid I only have four chairs, my office is not very luxurious, I do apologize." Madeline said and indicated four gold painted padded chairs by the same wall that had the pictures. "I will send for some refreshments.

"Thank you. I don't mind standing," he said, as he crossed the room to examine the photograph on the wall of the woman and the man. "If you would indulge a curiosity, who are these people?" he asked, gesturing to the pair, before turning himself back towards the others and joining the group. "Again, gratitude for assisting us in this endeavor. I know you spoke with the Chief and have been so kind as to allow us to travel via the portal. As you can see our party is rather large. We were wondering if you had some ground transports to accommodate us available that we might use for the evening?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:04 pm

"Probably not." He looked for the fire escapes and service stairs and then handed the pad back to Freddy.

You find the service stairs and fire escape, this is a modern building so all such safety measures are top notch. Freddy takes her pad and put it back in her bag.

"Thank you. I don't mind standing," he said, as he crossed the room to examine the photograph on the wall of the woman and the man. "If you would indulge a curiosity, who are these people?" he asked, gesturing to the pair,

Madeline got a sad look is her eyes though she quickly regained control of her expression.
"It is my late apprentice Dylan Townsend and his sister Claire."
The Etherite said.
"Surly you would not know them though Mr Roth Hicks, they passed in the late 1940's not long after that picture was taken."
The woman said sadly.

before turning himself back towards the others and joining the group. "Again, gratitude for assisting us in this endeavor. I know you spoke with the Chief and have been so kind as to allow us to travel via the portal. As you can see our party is rather large. We were wondering if you had some ground transports to accommodate us available that we might use for the evening?"

"We do, now you have two options, arranging for two cars should not be much of a trouble, I seldom use mine and getting one more to agree to lend you theirs will not likely be difficult, we also have a minibus, we are not exactly a collage Chantry but it have always been the vision of our founder to provide a safe place to raise apprentices so many of our members have students and at times we use that vehicle to take them on field trips, it is not much but your team are welcome to use it if you so desire."
Madeline said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top