A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:12 pm

Colin grinned, "I must thank you for that compliment, but no. The Nephandi is a faction I would rather help bring to an end than join..."

"What a shame, you are just the kind of man we need, not that I am surprised by your reply Mr Kent, well if you ever change your mind you will have to search us out."

He looked at the Fallen for a moment, "Speaking of tass, that's why you are interested in the Vampires' execution spot, is it not? The cumulative suffering has generated a Node on the rooftop?

"Yes it is the execution spot for the vampires of the city the way I understand it and all the pain, fear and death over many years have resulted in a Node being created yes you are correct about that Mr Kent."

Getting Nicolai to give you that will be a little more complicated, won't it?"

"Yes...it will be more complicated but not impossible and I think we will leave the answer at that."
Jerkins said with a bit of a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:10 pm

Colin nodded, "Well, then, I do believe that is pretty much what I can expect to get from you at this time... I might be back if I come up with some more questions for you - but I wouldn't expect so. I'll make sure someone comes around when your dinner arrives, though. Now, this'll likely be a little uncomfortable..."
He carefully leaned over and plugged the Fallen's ears again before stepping back outside the cell to let his Avatar breathe more freely again, "That... was an unusual, unpleasant experience... Hm, perhaps something every Mage should experience as part of their education; a scheduled deprivation of power to give them a bit of insight into that discomfort..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Colin nodded, "Well, then, I do believe that is pretty much what I can expect to get from you at this time... I might be back if I come up with some more questions for you - but I wouldn't expect so. I'll make sure someone comes around when your dinner arrives, though. Now, this'll likely be a little uncomfortable..."

"No I do not expect there is much more I have to say to you Mr Kent..."
The Nephandus said then she hesitated but when he picked up the ear plugs and bent over her she muttered.
"Wait...one request Traditionalist..."
Jerkins hesitated again she did not like showing weakness but finally she said in a whisper.
"W...when it is done...and I am...gone..."
She swallowed then continued.
"Will you light a candle for me...stupid shit I know but...I will be alone up there, at Horizon going through...well anyway that someone will have a friendly thought for me when I am gone...will make me feel less alone..."
The woman turned her head away she seamed embarrassed over her own request.
"Forget it I...do not know what I was thinking...goodbye Mr Kent...it was an interesting talk with you."
The Nephandus hesitated one moment more then she gave a hint of a smile.
"And my name, it is Jodelle."
She muttered, she did not try to resist as you put the ear plugs back in she just lay there.

"That... was an unusual, unpleasant experience... Hm, perhaps something every Mage should experience as part of their education; a scheduled deprivation of power to give them a bit of insight into that discomfort..."

Freddy sigh and nods.
"Yeah well I had more than enough of that sort of restraint when the fucking Technocracy got me."
She muttered and looked back at the cell.
"Well we got some information but not what we where looking for so I guess torture is back on the table...it is strange you know that woman is a Nephandus and completely unapologetic about it, no she is proud of it, but I sort of feel sorry for her."
The Virtual Adept muttered. The door guard looked at you and Freddy but did not disturb your conversation.
"Should I look up the door again?"
He asked politely.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:03 pm

Colin nodded and whispered back, "A candle lit for your passing... That I can do, Jodelle. It is not so silly a notion... Traditionalist, Technocrat or Nephandi; I will light a candle for their passing if asked."

He gave Freddy a grim look, "Oh, I'm not saying it should be liberally used. But one of the Norwegian soldiers I met in Iraq commented on how they earned the right to use tear gas... they're not allowed to use it on others without having been exposed to it themselves. Knowing what those restraints are like seems a very useful thing for anyone confining others like that - but that's a discussion for an entirely different time."
He nodded to the guard, "That would probably be wise, yes. We will be getting the prisoner some food; it should arrive within the hour or so. Given the circumstances of her captivity, someone will have to feed her. Can you help ensure that is done properly and with a measure of dignity? And, of course, securely so; it won't do to have the sole guard be preoccupied with the food, should she try something... not that I expect her to, but still. I will, of course, confer with the Securty Chief as well on this matter.""
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:14 pm

Yes...ah mea filius are you safe?" The old mage sounded relieved when he finally recognized the number of your new phone. "How are things going?..."Did you get the package I sent you to find?"

"Yes, I did. There were some complications. However, they are being worked on," he replied, frowning slightly to himself. His mentor sounded both exhausted and was being more cautious than normal. He wondered where he was at the moment to warrant it, or if something had transpired while they were gone.

// That is too much snow D:
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:47 am

Colin:

Colin nodded and whispered back, "A candle lit for your passing... That I can do, Jodelle. It is not so silly a notion... Traditionalist, Technocrat or Nephandi; I will light a candle for their passing if asked."

Jodelle was silent for a moment then she nodded.
"Thank you."
She whispered.

He gave Freddy a grim look, "Oh, I'm not saying it should be liberally used. But one of the Norwegian soldiers I met in Iraq commented on how they earned the right to use tear gas... they're not allowed to use it on others without having been exposed to it themselves. Knowing what those restraints are like seems a very useful thing for anyone confining others like that - but that's a discussion for an entirely different time."

"Hum...well that do seam like a measure that would be good to at least reduce the instanced of abuse."
Freddy said softly.
"It is easy to do to others what one have never experienced oneself."
She sigh then she put a hand on Colin's arm and added softly.
"Thank you love for speaking up against torturing the prisoner I...will do what have to be done to get the information we need, even agreeing to it but as someone who have been...well who have experienced being tortured by the enemy...I am not to eager to do it to others."
She added and scratched at one of the scars her blue and green hair hid.

He nodded to the guard, "That would probably be wise, yes. We will be getting the prisoner some food; it should arrive within the hour or so. Given the circumstances of her captivity, someone will have to feed her. Can you help ensure that is done properly and with a measure of dignity? And, of course, securely so; it won't do to have the sole guard be preoccupied with the food, should she try something... not that I expect her to, but still. I will, of course, confer with the Securty Chief as well on this matter.""

"I will ensure she is fed in as dignified a way as possible Sir."
The tall blond guard said.
"This Chantry do not treat prisoners more severely than is needed and yes it will be done securely."
He said as he locked the door again.
"I am very well aware that she is desperate and would try anything, would not you in her situation?"

Adley:

"Yes, I did. There were some complications. However, they are being worked on," he replied, frowning slightly to himself. His mentor sounded both exhausted and was being more cautious than normal. He wondered where he was at the moment to warrant it, or if something had transpired while they were gone.

"Good, is everyone in your group safe?"
Jeffry said then added.
"Keep the package safe until you can get it back here. I have contacted our ehm...allies in Turkey and spoken with the one it belongs with, he will come here to retrieve it."
You mentor said in a tired tone of voice.
"Was there anything else you had to repport? Our messengers are not feeling well and there are other issues that require my attention...forgive me for being brief me filius."
He said sounding concerned.

(OOC: Yes that is way to much snow.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:34 am

Colin nodded to Freddy, and gave her a quick hug, "I know, luv, it's why I don't like violence, myself... Iraq was a... bad place, back then."

He nodded to the guard, "Very good... and yes, I will and have, in twenty years."

((OOC: The blessing of the Norwegian winter, of course, being that it's mercifully short in recent years. Oh, sure, it shows up five or six times a year, but it doesn't last long... Kind of like summer. Wink Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:27 am

Freddy nodded for a moment she leaned her head against the Orphan's shoulder, just one moment, there where things to do.
"Violence happens, I will fight and I will kill if I have to, but I do not like to harm a helpless prisoner, I know how it feels to be helpless..."
She muttered then she pulled away.
"We should tell Adley and Richard what we found out and check on Liv."

The guard raised and eyebrow then she nodded.
"Well far be it for me to protest when it comes to time...distortions, in any way I will make sure the prisoner stay secure and as well treated as possible as long as I am on post here."
He said in a flat, stern tone of voice he might not be the most friendly and bubbly person.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:05 am

Colin nodded, "Back to the meeting room and look for the boys there, or Liv first? Or the Security Chief first?"

He nodded to the guard, "Good man. By the way, where's the Security Chief's office?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:39 am

Colin nodded, "Back to the meeting room and look for the boys there, or Liv first? Or the Security Chief first?"

"Security Chief first Adley was going to make some calls, let us give him the time to make them undisturbed."
Freddy suggested.

He nodded to the guard, "Good man. By the way, where's the Security Chief's office?"

"If you go back up to the lobby, it is the third door to the left of the entrance hall."
The Guard said and glanced at Colin.
"It is not hard to find."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:14 pm

"Good plan," Colin agreed, "Thank you for the directions."

Then, he held out his arm to Freddy and turned toward the stairs up.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:33 pm

The guard just nodded and went back to observing his surroundings stoically and emotionless look on his handsome, fine featured face.

Freddy took Colin's arms and when they had rounded a corner and the guard no longer could hear them she whispered.
"Damn but that man they put on guard give me the creeps."
She then followed Colin towards the stairs and soon the two of them where in the large, mosaic floored entrance hall.
"If we are going to the Chief's office then that would be right over there yes?"
The Virtual Adept asked and pointed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:08 pm

Colin shrugged and replied softly, "I've seen similar before... Every now and then there is a soldier who goes through mental trauma and comes out, well, changed to something like that. They lose a piece of themselves; perhaps a bit of their empathy, and compensate with an absolute, inflexible adherence to a set of codes and rules of conduct. Depending on the service branch, that can be a glorious or horrible thing. The branches that emphasize not only the rules of engagement, but the proper treatment of civilians tend to have the... best result in that regard. Special forces... not so much. In that guard's case, though, I suspect it is a bit of Static resonance accumulated over time with a similar result. Still, I don't think he's dangerous unless deliberately provoked toward that end - at which point I'd rather be on a different battlefield."
He looked around the hall, "Yes, third on the left; that seems right."
He smoothly crossed the hall and knocked on the door.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:36 pm

Colin shrugged and replied softly, "I've seen similar before... Every now and then there is a soldier who goes through mental trauma and comes out, well, changed to something like that. They lose a piece of themselves; perhaps a bit of their empathy, and compensate with an absolute, inflexible adherence to a set of codes and rules of conduct.

"Hum...well who knows what he could have gone through in this war, still he reminds me of a Technocrat."
Freddy muttered and shuddered.
"Still I do not know the man I have no right to judge him, I do not even know his name."

Depending on the service branch, that can be a glorious or horrible thing. The branches that emphasize not only the rules of engagement, but the proper treatment of civilians tend to have the... best result in that regard. Special forces... not so much. In that guard's case, though, I suspect it is a bit of Static resonance accumulated over time with a similar result. Still, I don't think he's dangerous unless deliberately provoked toward that end - at which point I'd rather be on a different battlefield."

"Static Resonance that might be it. Well I do not know I just find him creepy, the good folks at this Chantry seam to trust him though so I agree it is doubtful that he is dangerous to guests of the Chantry and like I said he might be a lovely person, he just seam to cold, well at least it is doubtful then he will loose his head one way or another with the Nephandus."
The Virtual Adept said then she shrugged.
"And speaking about Miss Jerkins, what was it that she whispered to you just before we left her cell? if you can tell me that is?"
She asked.

He looked around the hall, "Yes, third on the left; that seems right."
He smoothly crossed the hall and knocked on the door.

You hear a loud "Come in" from inside the office. Joakim's office was a fairly functional room, it had a desk with a computer and a stack of papers, a window with yellow polka dot curtains was overlooking the garden, before the desk stood two chair, one of witch was occupied by a lanky young man with dirty back dyed hair hair and pale gray eyes dressed in a black tshirt and jeans. Along two walls where where book cages filled with books, binders and more papers. On the floor there was a blue and yellow striped rug.
"Ah Mr...Wainwright was it and Miss Adlebloom come in."
Joakim said then he turned to the black haired main.
"Well then Mr Black if you meet me in the basement in a few minutes."
The boy stood and sigh.
"Very well if I have to."
The Chief gave a grin.
"Well I have no right to force you but your help will be appreciated."
The boy nodded.
"Yeah sure but you are aware that even if the second cell stops my investments it might not stop the Nephandus your guests have captured, not all investments are the same."
Joakim nodded.
"I am fully aware of that Mr Black but it will give us some indication on whatever or not the enchantments on the cells will have any effect on infernal investments at all."
The black haired man nodded and headed for the door.
"Yes well I guess I will help you out then, all I have to do is be locked into one of the cells and try to use the investments right? Hell you have wanted to throw me in a cell since I came here Chief."
Joakim gave the young infernalist a sour look.
"No Mr Black I have wanted to kill you since you came here, unfortunately Hermetic law do not extend to those outside of my Tradition and you have not yet given me an excuse to do so."
The black haired kid just laugh at that as he grinned to Colin and Freddy on his way out of the office.
"It is so fucking great to feel wanted."
He griped then he was out the door.

Joakim turned his attention to his new guests.
"Ah well sorry about that, Sir, Madam please have a seat what can I do for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:28 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "Then again, were I to make an effort - or rather, were I to not make an effort at emoting, I would have easily passed for the same. I suppose my voice would have betrayed me, though; I'm virtually unable to lie, and I have great difficulty addressing crowds, but I can offer a stony expression like Buckingham Palace's finest. Different cause, of course, but as you say, we have no right to judge him, especially not for his outward manner. Sometimes, the most damaged people are the noblest, you know..."
He scratched the side of his nose, "Miss Jerkins... Jodelle... she asked me for a favor once she's been, well, executed. She wanted me to light a candle for her passing. I promised to do so; it's a small kindness to offer, but for the condemned... if it helps put her soul at ease, who am I to deny her? It's rather funny, though, she called it a silly thing, almost the exact same words as Agent Kessinger used when she asked me to do the same for her Amalgam a few days back."

He patiently waited until Mr. Black left the room, glancing around at the decor in the meantime. "Unusual choice of colour, Sir... is it, perhaps, a Dumbledore joke played up to see who gets it?"
Nodding back at the door, "And I take it Mr. Black toes a dangerous line?"
He shook his head, "No matter; it is not my place to pry... We were just down to interrogate miss Jerkins; we were able to glean a few pieces of fairly substantial information from her. And we will be ordering her dinner shortly, from her favourite Indian restaurant. We would appreciate it if she were to be fed with as much dignity as can be offered, under the circumstances, knowing that it'll be unsafe to let her loose enough to eat unaided. The guard was prepared to see to it, but I would recommend a second guard for that time, just in case."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "Then again, were I to make an effort - or rather, were I to not make an effort at emoting, I would have easily passed for the same. I suppose my voice would have betrayed me, though; I'm virtually unable to lie, and I have great difficulty addressing crowds, but I can offer a stony expression like Buckingham Palace's finest.

"I did not say you where not creepy did I?"
Freddy said and grinned then she hugged Colin's arm to show him she was joking.
"I know, and you have probably seen a few things no man should have also. I know I am horrible for judging I know...that guard just, well he just reminds me of the Men in Black that is all, and that you do not."

Different cause, of course, but as you say, we have no right to judge him, especially not for his outward manner. Sometimes, the most damaged people are the noblest, you know..."

"Yes I know, and like I said he might be a wonderful person."
Freddy said and sigh.
"Who knows among his friends he might even smile."

He scratched the side of his nose, "Miss Jerkins... Jodelle... she asked me for a favor once she's been, well, executed. She wanted me to light a candle for her passing. I promised to do so; it's a small kindness to offer, but for the condemned... if it helps put her soul at ease, who am I to deny her?

Freddy was silent for a moment then she sigh.
"It...is easy to forget that behind the actions of the other factions, there are people like you and me. It is easy to see just a monster who would sacrifice a child to further her cause and forget that she is...a woman...a scared woman surrounded by enemies."
The Virtual Adept muttered.
"I...well..."
She muttered and dropped what she was going to say.

t's rather funny, though, she called it a silly thing, almost the exact same words as Agent Kessinger used when she asked me to do the same for her Amalgam a few days back."

"Perhaps we are not that different, Traditionalists, Nephandi, Technocrats, we all love, hate, despair and hope."
Freddy sigh then she nodded.
"Sometimes a small kindness can make allot of difference, when I was captured by the Union, most of them treated me like a rat in a lab but one of them...blood had dripped into my eyes from one of their damned experiments...he wiped it away and touched my shoulder, calling me by name and not just a prisoner number I...well I guess his small kindness gave me hope. He was killed though when my Mentor and her forces attacked the Construct to save me, he died defending his home..."
She trailed of and then sigh.
"I have said it before but I really hate this war."

He patiently waited until Mr. Black left the room, glancing around at the decor in the meantime. "Unusual choice of colour, Sir... is it, perhaps, a Dumbledore joke played up to see who gets it?"

"Hum? I like bright colors Mr Wainwright and I know it is not much for you, but I was born in a time when having things with bright, vibrant colors was a luxury, and now that it is fairly cheap I do like to allow myself such a small indulgence."
The hedge wizard said glancing at his curtains.
"I like this one."
Freddy whispered to you as she sat down.

Nodding back at the door, "And I take it Mr. Black toes a dangerous line?"

"Yes and one made of barbed wire Mr Wainwright, unfortunately the Traditions do not outlaw infernalism as long as one is not a Nephandus, though most disapprove of it, if it was up to me Mr Black would be executed within the hour, fortunately for him it is not, however now he is going to pull his weight as I want to see how well our cells holds up against his investments to get an idea about how secure our prisoner are."

He shook his head, "No matter; it is not my place to pry... We were just down to interrogate miss Jerkins; we were able to glean a few pieces of fairly substantial information from her. And we will be ordering her dinner shortly, from her favourite Indian restaurant. We would appreciate it if she were to be fed with as much dignity as can be offered, under the circumstances, knowing that it'll be unsafe to let her loose enough to eat unaided. The guard was prepared to see to it, but I would recommend a second guard for that time, just in case."

"I have no desire to see Miss Jerkins suffer more than what is needed but yes when she is fed a second guard will be posted, and yes she will receive as much dignity as we can under the circumstances."
The Security Chief said.
"Her fate is a most cruel one, at least she can be offered a bit of kindness, when ordering food though do it to the bus stop five minutes from here, just tree blocks down and to the left, we do not know what this restaurant is involved with, probably nothing but even so I would prefer them not be led straight to the Chantry, I will send someone to collect the food."
He ordered then he gave the Orphan a glance.
"You got the prisoner to talk? Did you have to harm her? Hum...what did she say?"

(OOC: I am heading to the train to go home from visiting my mother and the train is not in before pretty late tonight so I might be a bit slow responding for the rest of the day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:00 pm

"Good, is everyone in your group safe?"

"Yes," he replied.

"Keep the package safe until you can get it back here. I have contacted our ehm...allies in Turkey and spoken with the one it belongs with, he will come here to retrieve it."

"Very well, as you wish. There may be further chores to attend to here," he said, reminding him vaguely of the deal with the vampires.

"Was there anything else you had to repport? Our messengers are not feeling well and there are other issues that require my attention...forgive me for being brief me filius." He said sounding concerned.

Great...more problems. And then he was reminded of Bruce's message and sighed. He hoped it was nothing too bad..."There is more to report, yes but perhaps now is not the best time to talk?" he asked, since it did indeed sound like he was somewhere unsafe to do so...

// winter five or six times a year D: lol I like to visit snow, that's why moving from East Coast US where I've gotten snowed in to northern CA worked out for me  ; )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:20 pm

"Yes," he replied.

"Good"
Your mentor said, the old mage sounded relieved to hear you and your group was in good health.

"Very well, as you wish. There may be further chores to attend to here," he said, reminding him vaguely of the deal with the vampires.

"Yes I am aware our guest will not arrive before tomorrow."
Jeffry said acknowledging that there where more tasks for the mages he had sent to Chicago.

Great...more problems. And then he was reminded of Bruce's message and sighed. He hoped it was nothing too bad..."There is more to report, yes but perhaps now is not the best time to talk?" he asked, since it did indeed sound like he was somewhere unsafe to do so...

"Indeed, I am not at the apartment building at the moment."
The old Hermetic said referring to Steelhaven which was indeed an apartment building.
"I will call you when it is safe to talk, I am not sure what ears might be listening here."
He warned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:10 am

Colin laid his arm around Freddy and squeezed lightly, "I know, luv, I know..."

He smiled to Joakim, "That's a good reason as any. It's a poor person who decorates with colours they don't enjoy just because the palette is currently fashionable, or just to please some arbitrary other person or crowd..."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Infernalism sounds like, well... I read a book once, where someone commented that there's an incredibly vast amount of power in Infernalism. Virtually none of it lies with the Infernalist. Seems fairly accurate."
He shook his head, "I did not harm a hair on her head... I disapprove of torture in the general and the specific; I far prefer to rely on conversation alone. I seem to be building a decent track record, as such... She let us know that a Widderslainte named Martha Cunningham from Chicago was in Boston by September the first, which does offer some help in establishing a timeline of events, and that there remains some doubt among Chicago's fallen as to the Boston head harridan's claims that the Traditions keep capturing the Widderslaintes she receives.."
He pondered for a moment, "She gave me a few more insights into how a Caul functions... which is academically interesting in and of itself, but perhaps not of immediate use. There's a scheduled, hm, shipment of Widderslaintes to Boston tonight; one young man, one young woman... The man is already dead; it was... painless for him, at least. I do not know whether or not he will be replaced, though."
He scratched his cheek slowly, "There is a possible angle for bartering with her; if we could prove to her that Lisa Larson has betrayed her Chicago allies, and if we can guarantee the members of her Labyrinth will not be taken alive, she'll be willing to divulge information on the Boston Labyrinth. Obviously, that's going to be a tall order."
He looked up from his notes, "One thing that does seem quite certain is that while the implicated Labyrinth's leader promised the father of the girl we rescued that she would be returned safely if he complied, and be offered up as a child bride to a vampire called Nicolai if he did not, the intent was to use the poor girl as a bribe to the vampires all along... despite, apparently, knowing what vampirism does to a Mage. The Vampires, as it happens, were supposed to give the Nephandi a substantial supply of tass."
He pinched the bridge of his nose, "On a more personal note... Miss Jerkins is proud, unapologetic, and very, very scared. I think a solid guarantee that she will be executed immediately after... well... I believe it would put her at ease; it might make her more willing to speak, though nothing that would endanger Abigail or her Labyrinth. She is fiercely loyal, that one... but not so much that she's unresponsive to the kindness of an enemy."
He smirked, "In fact, she did try to recruit me, though that was rather futile to begin with, and she knew it. I choose to take that as a kind of backhanded compliment, for what it's worth."

((OOC: Well, tonight's Pathfinder game was fun... The party went through an ancient dungeon, once an outpost of the City of Dis - one of the Hells - once ruled by someone called the Count of Dis. They found the man long since bisected; his right half long gone. Yep, the Dis Count was half off. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:33 am

(OOC, sorry for being quiet.. .lost the thread and not sure where i should input)

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:39 am

Colin:

Colin laid his arm around Freddy and squeezed lightly, "I know, luv, I know..."

Freddy gave Colin a slight smile and rested her head against his shoulder for a moment and said nothing for a while then she continued to walk towards the Security Office.

He smiled to Joakim, "That's a good reason as any. It's a poor person who decorates with colours they don't enjoy just because the palette is currently fashionable, or just to please some arbitrary other person or crowd..."

"Agreed."
Joakim said as he settled down in his seat.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Infernalism sounds like, well... I read a book once, where someone commented that there's an incredibly vast amount of power in Infernalism. Virtually none of it lies with the Infernalist. Seems fairly accurate."

"Infernalism Mr Wainwright is a form of slavery, yes the infernalist get a bit of power out of it but they are being controlled by...something else, a mage should not be a slave, and especially not to such creatures it is an abomination."
He said angrily.

He shook his head, "I did not harm a hair on her head... I disapprove of torture in the general and the specific; I far prefer to rely on conversation alone. I seem to be building a decent track record, as such...

Joakim grunted.
"Torture is like an apprentice dowser, it will get you information alright but the validity of that intel is often in question, still when there are no other choice it is a tool I will use."

She let us know that a Widderslainte named Martha Cunningham from Chicago was in Boston by September the first, which does offer some help in establishing a timeline of events, and that there remains some doubt among Chicago's fallen as to the Boston head harridan's claims that the Traditions keep capturing the Widderslaintes she receives.."

"Missing widderslainte? Well I would assume that if Boston where marvels and picking them up I would have heard about, for now all I have heard about was a young man who surrendered a few years ago and some legal conflicts around a Traditionalist widderslainte girl a few days ago, and nothing else and that makes two..."

He pondered for a moment, "She gave me a few more insights into how a Caul functions... which is academically interesting in and of itself, but perhaps not of immediate use. There's a scheduled, hm, shipment of Widderslaintes to Boston tonight; one young man, one young woman... The man is already dead; it was... painless for him, at least. I do not know whether or not he will be replaced, though.

"Well give the information about the Caul to the researchers of House Bonisagus the shipment though are of interest...is it just two or rather one now widderslainte? Or are there other Nephandi as well that are being sent?"
The Security Chief asked and scratched his head.

He scratched his cheek slowly, "There is a possible angle for bartering with her; if we could prove to her that Lisa Larson has betrayed her Chicago allies, and if we can guarantee the members of her Labyrinth will not be taken alive, she'll be willing to divulge information on the Boston Labyrinth. Obviously, that's going to be a tall order."

"If it was up to me Mr Wainwright I would take that bargain, I would rather stop the bloody Nephandi now and worry about their reincarnations later, I am a practical man I will take a partial victory over no victory, but alas I am only a simple Hedge Wizards and getting the egg heads that rules our society to accept such a deal will not be easy."
He said in a frustrated tone of voice, he had dealt with the bureaucracy of the Traditions before.

He looked up from his notes, "One thing that does seem quite certain is that while the implicated Labyrinth's leader promised the father of the girl we rescued that she would be returned safely if he complied, and be offered up as a child bride to a vampire called Nicolai if he did not, the intent was to use the poor girl as a bribe to the vampires all along... despite, apparently, knowing what vampirism does to a Mage. The Vampires, as it happens, were supposed to give the Nephandi a substantial supply of tass."

There was a moment of absolute agony in Joakim's eyes when you spoke about the intended fate for Liv Bergen then he drew a deep breath to control his emotions.
"Well that Labyrinth will be eradicated sooner or later, what matters now is that the little girl is safe."
He said but he could not completely keep bitterness out of his voice.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "On a more personal note... Miss Jerkins is proud, unapologetic, and very, very scared. I think a solid guarantee that she will be executed immediately after... well... I believe it would put her at ease; it might make her more willing to speak, though nothing that would endanger Abigail or her Labyrinth.

"If it was up to me Mr Wainwright I would stand ready with a spell and take her out the moment the chanting stopped, no one deserves to be forced to live after that...no one, however I can not dictate the actions of Horizon, technically if she have not defected from a Tradition she is not owed a trial and we can do...it...here but...I doubt the Chantry leadership would go for it as it would scare the crap out of our membership, seeing a Gilgul...well it is enough to make most mages wet their pants."
He muttered.
"Most likely though she will be executed immediately, unless some cruel bastard decide she will be easier to interrogate after...well...I however think she might be even more dangerous after it is done...when one loose something like that and all that is left is vengeance...well some poor soul might just decide to get it cost whatever it may."
He said and his eyes grew strangely dark as he spoke.

She is fiercely loyal, that one... but not so much that she's unresponsive to the kindness of an enemy."
He smirked, "In fact, she did try to recruit me, though that was rather futile to begin with, and she knew it. I choose to take that as a kind of backhanded compliment, for what it's worth."

"Well you do seam rather competent Mr Wainwright it is not so surprising she wanted you for her side."
Joakim said with a little smile.
"Did the prisoner say anything else?"

Richard:

(OOC: No problem. Well everyone save Adley have left the room. Colin and Freddy to talk to the prisoner, Francesca to watch over Liv Bergen and Adjan to try to find the Nephandi's home and car. You are currently listening to Adley giving a rapport of his mentor.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Colin shrugged, "Sounds like that novel was rather spot on, then. I suppose the reasoning behind going that path is the same as for those who religiously play the lottery... only with less realistic expectations."

He sighed, "Yes, I've recently heard of that... young man who surrendered. It could be said he made one very bad choice, and one incredibly brave one, rest his soul... The girl..." His expression went blank, "The girl is my Cabalmate, and she did not deserve what happened to her, neither in her previous incarnation or this one. Or what might happen in the next..."
He shook his head, "In any case, I do not know whether they'll find a replacement for the young man for the trip, nor whether there will be others going along; only the widderslaintes were specified. And yes, I would take miss Jerkins up on that bargain if I had the necessary proof and authority for it. As it is, well, circumstantial evidence will hardly hold up that strongly, and I am but an Orphan, with no formal rank of office in my Chantry."
He nodded, eyes darkly shadowed, "I know what you mean, though... I myself stood ready with a gun when they tried to... well... they never got to finish the job; the sentence was overturned. Fortunately. It was a hideous thing to stand so close to..."
He rubbed at his eyes, looking slightly weary for a moment, "She... did say a few other things. Mainly reiterations of her, well, contempt for the Traditions, and a certain twisted enjoyment out of the prospect of being immediately executed, and thus depriving her bonded masters of their prize after she's... you know. And a small, personal request for after she is gone; the simple lighting of a candle. I agreed to do that for her. I think that's pretty much it."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:56 pm

Colin shrugged, "Sounds like that novel was rather spot on, then. I suppose the reasoning behind going that path is the same as for those who religiously play the lottery... only with less realistic expectations."

"Well yes for those who do not know what they are getting themselves into, many however know they are selling their freedom for a bit of power and it makes me sick."
The hedge wizard muttered.
"Not to mention that the entities they deal with are beyond dangerous."

He sighed, "Yes, I've recently heard of that... young man who surrendered. It could be said he made one very bad choice, and one incredibly brave one, rest his soul...

"Well the got guts, I will give him that."
Joakim said and sigh.
"He will be long dead now though and Boston have to have had more widderslainte than two."

The girl..." His expression went blank, "The girl is my Cabalmate, and she did not deserve what happened to her, neither in her previous incarnation or this one. Or what might happen in the next..."

"I am sorry to hear about your Cabalmate's troubles Mr Wainwright."
The Hermetic said, he did not mention whatever or not he thought it was a good idea to have a widderslainte as part of a Chantry and a Cabal.
"I hope she find her way out of those troubles."

He shook his head, "In any case, I do not know whether they'll find a replacement for the young man for the trip, nor whether there will be others going along; only the widderslaintes were specified.

"Very well it is a fair guess that they will send more than one person if they are sending back up to allies though."

And yes, I would take miss Jerkins up on that bargain if I had the necessary proof and authority for it. As it is, well, circumstantial evidence will hardly hold up that strongly, and I am but an Orphan, with no formal rank of office in my Chantry."

"Orphan? I would have guessed that you are an Hermetic or perhaps an Etherite Mr Wainwright but yes those in power often make stupid decisions instead of being practical, and the rest of us are left to pick up the pieces."

He nodded, eyes darkly shadowed, "I know what you mean, though... I myself stood ready with a gun when they tried to... well... they never got to finish the job; the sentence was overturned. Fortunately. It was a hideous thing to stand so close to..."

Joakim sigh and nodded his eyes dark and far away.
"I have seen that ritual performed, and it is horrible. I am glad your Cabalmate did not...well ehm...how is the young lady doing?"
He asked politely then he added.
"In this conflict though I fear some might forget mercy and might decide that a...well that a prisoner in the state they are left in after will be easier to press for information and they are probably right, there is a danger that will happen to Miss Jerkins if she refuse to talk yes."
Joakim said. Freddy looked at Colin but she said nothing, she just simply put her hand on his arm.

He rubbed at his eyes, looking slightly weary for a moment, "She... did say a few other things. Mainly reiterations of her, well, contempt for the Traditions, and a certain twisted enjoyment out of the prospect of being immediately executed, and thus depriving her bonded masters of their prize after she's... you know.

"Well I guess if I was someone's slave and my death could deliver a slap to their faces I would enjoy that to even if my end was a horrible one, she sounds like quite a woman, to bad she is on the wrong side in this war."
The Security Chief said and grinned.

And a small, personal request for after she is gone; the simple lighting of a candle. I agreed to do that for her. I think that's pretty much it."

"Even the Fallen seek a sliver of human contact it seams when they stand before their doom."
The old linear mage said and sigh.
"Very well Mr Wainwright you have gotten more out of her than I thought anyone would without torture, thank you for your rapport."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Colin nodded, "Boston has, it seems, had a fairly decent - for lack of a better term - number of widderslaintes. But it would seem they have been... decimated, over and over again."
He gave a thin smile, "As it happens, my Security Chief suggested I would have made a fine Tremere, as the House was in its prime... but those days, it seems, are past, and no more Tremere remain in the Order of Hermes. At least, as far as I can tell."
He grimaced, "My Cabalmate is... rather reduced. The prognosis is good, but how long it will take is uncertain. As it is, she is safe from legal intervention, for now; given rest and a bit of peace of mind, she should be able to make pretty much a full recovery in time."
He seemed to sour for an instant, "I am aware there's a chance someone will decide miss Jerkins needs to be kept alive for interrogation afterwards... I don't believe that will serve anyone. In fact, I would speculate that would open up an opportunity for her patron to come knocking, though I'll admit I don't know as much about Infernalism as I might like to to corroborate that speculation. As for being on the wrong side in the war, I sometimes wonder if there's truly a right side... Certainly, I have cast my lot with the Traditions, and I'll stick with that choice... but damn, it sometimes seems like the Union and the Traditions are rather 'less wrong' sides, rather than 'right'... The Fallen, of course, being the most wrong of the lot, but none of us are perfect, it seems."
He shook his head as if to cast off that train of thought, "In any case, you're welcome; thought I ought to ask you to arrange a second guard to help feed the prisoner when the food arrives... Say, do you have an address for that bus stop you mentioned? I'm not familiar with Chicago's street grid, so it might seem a bit conspicuous to order something to be delivered at the bus stop three blocks down from Chantry Morningstar, you know..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Colin nodded, "Boston has, it seems, had a fairly decent - for lack of a better term - number of widderslaintes. But it would seem they have been... decimated, over and over again."

"Which then begs the question of where have they gone, mages generally do not just vanish into thin air...well it happens but you do get my point, something is happening to the widderslaintes, and I would really want to know what."
Joakim said and scratched his chin.

He gave a thin smile, "As it happens, my Security Chief suggested I would have made a fine Tremere, as the House was in its prime... but those days, it seems, are past, and no more Tremere remain in the Order of Hermes. At least, as far as I can tell."

"Hum...yes I can see why he would think that. The Tremere where warriors and politicians."
He said with a bit of a smile then he sigh.
"House Tremere is no more a few managed to escape the outbreak of vampirism and made a home for themselves in other Houses, especially Tytalus and some of their linage still live today and some very few ancient magi are still alive from that House, one of the members of our Deacon Council among them, though she is officially now of House Tytalus."
He explained.
"And there is rumors of a hedge wizard group that have Tremere origins but yes the House was destroyed a long time ago."
There was pain in the linear's eyes as he spoke of the loss of House Tremere to vampirism and finally he looked away.

He grimaced, "My Cabalmate is... rather reduced. The prognosis is good, but how long it will take is uncertain. As it is, she is safe from legal intervention, for now; given rest and a bit of peace of mind, she should be able to make pretty much a full recovery in time."

"I am glad to hear she will recover, poor girl she must have been terrified."
Joakim said in a compassionate tone of voice.
"I wish her the best."

He seemed to sour for an instant, "I am aware there's a chance someone will decide miss Jerkins needs to be kept alive for interrogation afterwards... I don't believe that will serve anyone. In fact, I would speculate that would open up an opportunity for her patron to come knocking, though I'll admit I don't know as much about Infernalism as I might like to to corroborate that speculation.

"You are right her patron or patrons might come looking somewhat displeased that their juicy prize have been messed with."
Joakim said then he sigh.
"What's more it is unlikely they will get anything out of her in such a state without enlisting the help of one of the Mercere who know what they are doing, just hurting her after...well it is likely to just make her retreat into her own mind where none can reach her. I have some experience with handling someone after...I have been taking part in an experiment to see if they can be taught hedge magic...with some success, and I think that well she would have had to handled far more delicately than the fools up on Horizon would have the patience for."
The hedge wizard said and sigh.
"No it is better to do the decent thing and let her die one it is done."

As for being on the wrong side in the war, I sometimes wonder if there's truly a right side... Certainly, I have cast my lot with the Traditions, and I'll stick with that choice... but damn, it sometimes seems like the Union and the Traditions are rather 'less wrong' sides, rather than 'right'... The Fallen, of course, being the most wrong of the lot, but none of us are perfect, it seems."

"There is no innocence in war Mr Wainwright and the Ascension War have raged for a long time, you are right there are no right side left, only our side and their sides."
The old linear mage said and shook his head.

He shook his head as if to cast off that train of thought, "In any case, you're welcome; thought I ought to ask you to arrange a second guard to help feed the prisoner when the food arrives... Say, do you have an address for that bus stop you mentioned?

"Certainly."
Joakim said and scribbled the address down on a piece of paper and handed it to Colin.
"And yes I will handle the increase in guards."

I'm not familiar with Chicago's street grid, so it might seem a bit conspicuous to order something to be delivered at the bus stop three blocks down from Chantry Morningstar, you know..."

"Hum...you might be right, it might be better to send one of the Custos to pick the meal up."
He said and scrached his head.
"If you just tell me which dish I can make sure someone picks it up for the prisoner."
He offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top