A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Warpmind on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:43 am

Colin nodded, "Wereshark. Pleasant enough fellow, too; a bit sensitive about proper, hm, nomenclature for the Changing Folk, but he at least gives credit for trying."
He shrugged, "Seeing as I've, well, seen it, I'd be forced to conclude that an Avatar can be outside the Mage it is attached to. There's some precedent in phylacteries, in any case, so I suppose it's not completely unrealistic to believe an external manifestation to be possible. Then again, for all I know, it was just a projection - a very realistic, well, hologram."
He smiled, "Twenty years from now... the Etherites have a new Prima, who renames the Tradition to Children of Ether. I don't... recall much about the shape of the Traditions themselves, outside of that; my vision pertained mainly to a few individuals and a battle against the Nephandi very high above Horizon. And while I've never been in an Umbra ship myself, yet, or even opened an operator's manual, I remember some of those future lessons and experiences; enough to handle a simple shuttle, at least. But oh! Horizon looks beautiful from high..."
He shook his head, "But that's far away in so many ways... Yes, the ritual is horrible, and... I'm not convinced it is even the right thing to do - perhaps it never was in the first place."
He grimaced, "Luckily, that monstrous fireball was mainly dismantled by one far more skilled than me - my contribution was mainly to establish a highly effective quintessence vent to siphon away and burn the worst of the Entropic quintessence. And to sit guard against shenanigans while my rote ticked along on its own. Very useful little spell; attach it to a big enough supply of quintessence, and it will burn forever without any meddling... And the Avatar Eater was killed; the person who let it in was... well, we're working on that, too."
He chuckled, "My dear, I don't think I'll be in any more trouble over you, specifically, than I already am; we're all pieces in a far greater game than you might realize yet - I'm just not certain whether my friends and I are pawns or slightly larger pieces."
He stroked his cheek, "Hmmm, yes, it did hurt... but that's what you get when you go to war. An injury and a few bits of shiny metal to take home. And a large pension as a war hero, I suppose; that was helpful in starting up anew here in America..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:13 pm

Colin nodded, "Wereshark. Pleasant enough fellow, too; a bit sensitive about proper, hm, nomenclature for the Changing Folk, but he at least gives credit for trying."

"I...have never even met a werewolf, I know there are supposed to be some around the three lakes but I have never seen them, probably a good thing as I hear they are not always to friendly towards mages."
Molly said then she asked.
"So this guy can really turn into a shark, like a real life fish with big teeth? Can he breathe underwater?"

He shrugged, "Seeing as I've, well, seen it, I'd be forced to conclude that an Avatar can be outside the Mage it is attached to. There's some precedent in phylacteries, in any case, so I suppose it's not completely unrealistic to believe an external manifestation to be possible. Then again, for all I know, it was just a projection - a very realistic, well, hologram."

"I have heard about manifested Avatars...not phylacteries though, vessel for the soul, fitting enough name if that is what it is...it must have been an amazing thing to see though."
She said then she blushed.
"But it must feel somewhat like looking at someone's underwear drawer, I mean it is so private, I am still a bit embarrassed that you tall blond friend there...ehm...Adjan was it? Have seen mine..."
She muttered and a bit more color flooded her cheeks.

He smiled, "Twenty years from now... the Etherites have a new Prima, who renames the Tradition to Children of Ether. I don't... recall much about the shape of the Traditions themselves, outside of that; my vision pertained mainly to a few individuals and a battle against the Nephandi very high above Horizon. And while I've never been in an Umbra ship myself, yet, or even opened an operator's manual, I remember some of those future lessons and experiences; enough to handle a simple shuttle, at least. But oh! Horizon looks beautiful from high..."

"The Children of Ether...well that would be about time...did you know that up until a few decades after they joined the Traditions they did not even allow female members, it is about time the Etherites get with the times."
The Cultist said then she nods.
"I have never been to Horizon, some of my Cabalmates have been though and we have a man at our Chantry who was born there, he says it have two suns, but they are weaker than ours, the light softer so he think the light on earth is to bright. He say there are buildings from all sort of time periods and that you can work nearly any kind of magick without suffering Paradox...I have always wanted to see it..."
She said enthusiastically then that enthusiasm drained away and she looked fearful and sad.
"I guess chances are I will get to see it now...only...not in the way I had hoped."
She mutters softly.

He shook his head, "But that's far away in so many ways... Yes, the ritual is horrible, and... I'm not convinced it is even the right thing to do - perhaps it never was in the first place."

"Horrible...yes..."
Molly muttered, tears begun to flow from her eyes again and she tried to wipe them away.
"I guess chances are I will get to find out first hand...exactly how bad...it is..."
Her voice trailed of and she just looked frightened, tired and frightened.
"No I do not think it is right...to destroy something...divine when no one even know what the heck they are...Avatars I mean...we have theories but we do not know their nature..."

He grimaced, "Luckily, that monstrous fireball was mainly dismantled by one far more skilled than me - my contribution was mainly to establish a highly effective quintessence vent to siphon away and burn the worst of the Entropic quintessence. And to sit guard against shenanigans while my rote ticked along on its own. Very useful little spell; attach it to a big enough supply of quintessence, and it will burn forever without any meddling...

Molly seamed to be back to being scared out of her wits and hopeless, the talk about a certain ritual had not done her any good, but she did turn her head to listen to Colin talk about his new rote though.
"That do sound practical..."
She muttered as she wiped a few more tears off her face.
"D...do you think it could be used to make is safer to cleanse a corrupted Node?"

And the Avatar Eater was killed; the person who let it in was... well, we're working on that, too."

"Thank goodness..."
Molly muttered.
"But what if there is more of them?"
She added nervously.

He chuckled, "My dear, I don't think I'll be in any more trouble over you, specifically, than I already am; we're all pieces in a far greater game than you might realize yet - I'm just not certain whether my friends and I are pawns or slightly larger pieces."

"I am sorry Mr Wainwright but I do not understand..."
The Cultist said seaming confused over the Orphan's statement.
"What exactly is going on then? If I may ask?"

He stroked his cheek, "Hmmm, yes, it did hurt... but that's what you get when you go to war. An injury and a few bits of shiny metal to take home. And a large pension as a war hero, I suppose; that was helpful in starting up anew here in America..."

"So you have gone from one war to another then."
Molly said sadly, she looked out into the strange landscape outside.
"From a Mundane one to one you can never quit, that none of us can ever quit and that we joined the day we Awakened...given that mages seams hellbent on killing one another."
She said sadly.
"I am sorry I...hope I did not upset you I...did not mean to be insensitive."
She said and turned back to Colin looking apologetic.
"I guess the stress is overshadowing my social graces..."
She added and smiled, but the smile was hollow and her eyes where so full of terror over her situation and unprocessed trauma over what Jodelle had done to her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:50 pm

Colin nodded, "I would assume the chap can breathe underwater. His human form is about two meters tall and one and a half wide, pure muscle - I did not see it prudent to pry."
He shrugged, "I suppose some Avatars are slightly... exhibitionistic, perhaps? I don't feel particularly secretive about mine - but every time it has decided to show off, it just appears in the mirror as an undamaged version of myself. Marginally off-putting, I suppose, but there it is..."
He leaned back in the seat, "I expect it will be very useful - not only in draining excess quintessence so the cleaners can work a little more shielded from Resonance, but also as a very blatant and vulgar display of how the quintessence looks. A flame made up of Entropic quintessence looks, simply put, disgusting."
He sighed, "There are bound to be more of those beasties, but hopefully, they're still stuck on an island off Horizon... where they should remain. What is going on is... this bloody war with the Fallen. Seems one of their factions has decided to rear its ugly head and piss in everyone's coffee."
He grimaced, "To be honest, I sort of prefer this war to the one in Iraq. This war, at least, is one where the objectives are clear and certain for everyone; there are no false pretenses, no mere territorial squabble over a small piece of land and some finite resource elevated to an international conflict. The very nature of Reality itself is the battleground and the prize, and the entirety of Humanity is a largely unaware bystander that two of the three factions, at least, wants sheltered as a general rule... No offense taken; it takes more than that to upset me."
He sighed, "If only I were a little more capable as a Mage, I'd conjure up a cup of some good, strong tea for you, but I fear that's still a little out of reach..."

Last edited by Warpmind on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar.)
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:14 pm

Colin nodded, "I would assume the chap can breathe underwater. His human form is about two meters tall and one and a half wide, pure muscle - I did not see it prudent to pry."

"Well then, yes it might have been wise not to pry into his affairs yes."
Molly said.
"He sounds fascinating though."

He shrugged, "I suppose some Avatars are slightly... exhibitionistic, perhaps? I don't feel particularly secretive about mine - but every time it has decided to show off, it just appears in the mirror as an undamaged version of myself. Marginally off-putting, I suppose, but there it is..."

"I guess they will appear as they have to, I mean to act as guides to each individual mage."
Molly said and nodded.
"For mine it feels like such a private part of me it is hard just to talk about it, much less to let anyone see it, though that might also be because I have a feeling most would find it's visage horrifying, if it appear the same way to them as it do to me...though for me it is beautiful, faceless nothingness and all."

He leaned back in the seat, "I expect it will be very useful - not only in draining excess quintessence so the cleaners can work a little more shielded from Resonance, but also as a very blatant and vulgar display of how the quintessence looks. A flame made up of Entropic quintessence looks, simply put, disgusting."

"Did a Nephandus make the fireball you are talking about Mr Wainwright? It almost sounds like it from how you describe it."
Molly asks then she sigh.
"I guess I have always found Entropic Quintessence to be comforting in a way...I guess I know why now."
She mutters and looks away.

He sighed, "There are bound to be more of those beasties, but hopefully, they're still stuck on an island off Horizon... where they should remain. What is going on is... this bloody war with the Fallen. Seems one of their factions has decided to rear its ugly head and piss in everyone's coffee."

"Ah...do you think this Jodelle is involved with that faction then?"
Molly asked and shuddered at the thought of the woman.
"That her boss is as well and the experiments she did...did on me?"
The girl looks down at the handcuffs sadly.
"Can you beat this faction of Nephandi?"

He grimaced, "To be honest, I sort of prefer this war to the one in Iraq. This war, at least, is one where the objectives are clear and certain for everyone; there are no false pretenses, no mere territorial squabble over a small piece of land and some finite resource elevated to an international conflict. The very nature of Reality itself is the battleground and the prize, and the entirety of Humanity is a largely unaware bystander that two of the three factions, at least, wants sheltered as a general rule... No offense taken; it takes more than that to upset me."

"Well yes,our side at least have rules about not endangering sleepers and the Union to do not seam to harm sleepers unless they absolutely have to, the Nephandi though seam to delight in harming everyone they can get their hands on."
Molly said and sigh again.
"I am glad I did not upset you Sir, for I never meant to do that."
She mutters with a thin smile.

He sighed, "If only I were a little more capable as a Mage, I'd conjure up a cup of some good, strong tea for you, but I fear that's still a little out of reach..."

"Well thank you for the thought anyway...and indeed that would be a worthwhile application of the Sphere of Matter...if one could do it well that is, and not get the things sold it the stores, it do seam some Americans could just as well drink piss and call it tea, as long as the color is right."
Molly said and gave a bit of a why smile.
"However using magick to conjure a good cup of tea do sound quite practical."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Colin grinned wryly, "I don't think I'd be too put off by your Avatar. I've had the misfortune of seeing the 'before' pictures from my reconstruction surgery. I'm still amazed at what they can put back together. And yes, that was a Nephandus' fireball. Horrid stuff. Personally, I find Static quintessence more comforting, but Dynamic is how I get things done. And... miss Jerkins is with a different Fallen faction; one allied to the one we're concerned with. It's a little complicated. We'll eventually have to take out both, of course, one way or the other..."
He grimaced, "Yes, that tea I bought was a bad decision. The Americans do get sweetened iced fruit tea right, at least, but for the proper stuff, I have to import."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:04 pm

Colin grinned wryly, "I don't think I'd be too put off by your Avatar. I've had the misfortune of seeing the 'before' pictures from my reconstruction surgery. I'm still amazed at what they can put back together.

Molly looked down she did not know exactly what to say then after a while she gave a slight smile.
"Well yes modern medicine have their wonders, I am glad you survived and appear to be doing well though Mr Wainwright..."
She said then she seamed to struggle with what to say to express herself in a non hurtful way.
"I do think my Avatar is faceless in a bit different way, she have...nothingness for a face, a hole of...non existence."
She said and blushed a little about talking about her Avatar and then gave Colin a nervous look to see if she had hurt him with her comments.

And yes, that was a Nephandus' fireball. Horrid stuff. Personally, I find Static quintessence more comforting, but Dynamic is how I get things done.

Molly nodded at that.
"Well yes, dynamic is indeed how one get things done."
She agreed.

And... miss Jerkins is with a different Fallen faction; one allied to the one we're concerned with. It's a little complicated. We'll eventually have to take out both, of course, one way or the other..."

"I fear what they would do if they should win."
The Cultist muttered and looked nervously out the window.
"Two Nephandi groups, shit I do not even want to think about just how much damage they might be able to do. I hope your allies and yourself manage to take them out Mr Wainwright...perhaps my Chantry can help we do have some powerful magi and excellent fighters, it used to be a war Chantry after all."

He grimaced, "Yes, that tea I bought was a bad decision. The Americans do get sweetened iced fruit tea right, at least, but for the proper stuff, I have to import."

"Yeah I have the stuff I get from my mom, some really good blends that. I am not that fond of the fruit teas though, if I want something sweet I tend to go for chocolate drinks instead."
She said with a hint of a smile.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Embra looked at the Hermetic for a moment, surprised then she said. "You are not like most of your kind mage."

He raised an eyebrow at her. Maybe it was true, after all. His pater's teachings were turning out to be far more progressive than he'd thought they'd been. Then again, if magi were content to treat their own avatars like objects or tools to attain power only, then maybe he should not be so surprised that they treated everything else the same way. Besides, there was no reason to treat her otherwise. She didn't like being ordered around and used poorly, and had enough sentience to know it. Some spirits only respected and allowed you to work with them if you made a big show, or beat them at something. Others preferred gifts. Some did not care either way and were simple. While many Hermetics ordered them about through force of will, it could turn on them. They would only do so much as they were ordered to and nothing more. That was something to be mindful of, even if he didn't currently -have- the power to do so anyway.  

"You are unique as well," he said.

"Making a wise decision is indeed the goal, and I have every confidence that you will be able to reach one, the rest of us will help but it seams that the cycle have chosen you in this." He said and offered the young Hermetic a slight smile

"You might want to take a drink from that flask of yours before you read this," he warned. But he had to wonder if it was all fate's doing, it would be nice to think that way but there was a long chain of events that had gotten him here. Including discerning his own path...though this wasn't exactly what he'd thought he'd be doing when he chose his Word, when that bit of enlightenment had come to him. But there were three of them, even if in the end he would have to make the call on it, it seemed.

"No I do not think you are insane my friend, tired yes, but not insane. I think talking with Amanda can work, if you can be able to get to her without her mentor knowing, imagine if it was Chief Morgan and you where the one in danger, I would not want to cross paths with him if I had any idea in mind that could do you any harm."

Yes...his pater said he would burn down a city to protect him. But what if it was a necessary sacrifice, maybe not one like his House founder but as long reaching? What if he was being protected from taking that action? His own mentor had always given him choices, none of them easy. He'd guided him but rarely forced his hand in a decision, whether he thought it was right or wrong. Maybe in this he could not bring himself to do so, much as Senex could not, as it concerned an avatar as well as someone beloved. And the Old Man probably had his own ideas up his sleeves, no doubt. But if he kept himself out of things indefinitely, kept perhaps the best champion for justice out of action, then he was part of the problem. Not a bad man, not any more than Tolle was an evil man (if lacking empathy or compassion), but allowing the same pattern to continue through inaction. He understood to some extent all the reasons why...yet he found he could not forgive the old man for not doing anything when he was one of the few that had the power that could. No, he wouldn't want his pater to burn down a city for him...just the people or places that needed to be destroyed.

He scrawled out, 'I will have to tell her the nature of the truth revealed to me. She can't go into this unaware. Even if she is willing to fight, she must believe in it and be willing to do this not be tricked into it.' And damned if he was found out by Senex, he did not think the man would be merciful enough just to kill him. But if everything else played out...if all the corruption was revealed and if they found a way to save Bee, those like her, even Amanda, if she made it out of that damned room, it would be worth it.

"I am still willing to do so."

'I was thinking to tell her where we would be bringing her. If we say to which chantry, you could take her in the umbra since we are already here, then you should be able to see if you can come back to us, unimpeded by legal issues. But I am concerned they might need someone to watch their back and assist in getting back. If we send her to MS there will be issues but could be send her to Gladii?

Molly's scream will do nothing but bring more sadness, she is one more for the list, Amanda's name by virtue of being the Blade of Senex is one for the history books."

'I heard there were problems in our Traditions. Between that and all we've heard, I can't see another way to reduce the suffering and possibly arrive at a resolution. Depending what A. says, we will take the girl somewhere. If it is to the chantry, then we should tell her what Senex has offered so she will not panic as much. But we cannot afford to let her know everything, yet unless she is trying to escape or kill herself. Which was the other reason I told you, so that would not come to pass. I will contact her now...keeping it legal, I can only make a request and that, carefully.'

He took the cuff keys from his pocket and offered it out to Adjan. Much as he'd like to tell Colin what he was up to, putting himself between a powerful Archmagus and his student he could do but his friend had offered the advice he'd needed to hear already and there was not any use making him more of a target than he already was.

// Request that the page cap be 30 now instead of 50, since that's still a whole bunch of posts! Thanks! Also, hell we're going into our 10th thread and in a month, the game will have been going a year IRL. And a week IG. xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Colin nodded, "Oh, I'm certain it's nowhere near the same, but after I saw, well... I've had rather a higher threshold for what disturbs me. It's rather outstanding, really, how much gory movies bore me. But then, I suppose that might be a sign of the times; there's hardly any proper horror being made anymore..."
He shrugged, "There are many groups of the Fallen; the one we're directly up against is just a bit more... aggressive and active right now..."
He stroked his chin thoughtfully, "If... we cannot get you to a safer place, would you help advocate a bit more aggressive stance against the Chicago fallen to help pin down the support they might otherwise lend their Boston allies? We have, unfortunately, very little knowledge about Abigail's lot, except that they're trying to barter a deal with the vampires here; control over a horrible little node the vampires - or at least their prince - don't even realize is there. We know where it is, approximately, but reaching it would be... difficult without help."
He grinned, "The security chief back home and a sweet old Marauder we have visiting would give you the hairiest eyeball ever for that... They have some very specific ideas about how a good cup of cocoa should be served."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:28 pm

"You are unique as well," he said.

"Yes I guess I am in many ways, I begun trying to be more...human to be a friend to Danielle, but now I guess I am different than many other Umbrood, though much of human behavior puzzle me...and to be anything but fire is hard...it takes will I was not really born with."
Embra commented to the Hermetic.

"You might want to take a drink from that flask of yours before you read this," he warned. But he had to wonder if it was all fate's doing, it would be nice to think that way but there was a long chain of events that had gotten him here. Including discerning his own path...though this wasn't exactly what he'd thought he'd be doing when he chose his Word, when that bit of enlightenment had come to him. But there were three of them, even if in the end he would have to make the call on it, it seemed.

Adjan took the young war mage's advice and took out his flask and took a sip of the strong tasting, tarry liquid within, then he offered the flask to Adley before he took the note and read it, looking thoughtful and rather pale as his eyes scanned the page.

He scrawled out, 'I will have to tell her the nature of the truth revealed to me. She can't go into this unaware. Even if she is willing to fight, she must believe in it and be willing to do this not be tricked into it.'

"I agree, the Blade of Senex is...smart and if she is doing this, she needs to know everything, it have to be her choice she have to go in as a warrior not a victim, regardless of the outcome, she deserves that much."

Adjan wrote as a reply glancing up at Adley, yes Amanda could not be tricked into this, just trading danger to one Avatar to another would not do it, but if she was willing to risk the ultimate sacrifice to clean up in the Traditions...

"Ironically she will be walking the same path as Heylel Teomim if she agree to do this, risking the ultimate sacrifice to clean up in the Traditions and get others to see the truth, though she will not be betraying anyone to do so, if she agree that is...this is a dangerous path though we are taking and let us just hope it go better than it din for the twin flames."

He scribbled down as well before handing the note back to Adley.

'I was thinking to tell her where we would be bringing her. If we say to which chantry, you could take her in the umbra since we are already here, then you should be able to see if you can come back to us, unimpeded by legal issues. But I am concerned they might need someone to watch their back and assist in getting back. If we send her to MS there will be issues but could be send her to Gladii?

"It could work, if Amanda comes and if she intercepts me in the Umbra it would be believable she managed to overpower me and take Molly, no one could blame me for that...if I reach a Chantry first though it will be problems, Amanda is good, but not good enough to take on an entire Chantry...the question is how hard Gladii will fight to send one of their own to Horizon, I would rather go towards them, but any Chantry...I am not sure the Blade's rank but I think she is an Adept, if we are going to find a way to give Molly to her, it should happen in the Umbra."

Adjan wrote and handed the note back.

'I heard there were problems in our Traditions. Between that and all we've heard, I can't see another way to reduce the suffering and possibly arrive at a resolution. Depending what A. says, we will take the girl somewhere. If it is to the chantry, then we should tell her what Senex has offered so she will not panic as much.

"My suggestion is you send a message to Amanda, tell her what is happening and that we are bringing Miss Molly to her own Chantry, then we take her through the Umbra slowly hoping to be intercepted by her. I agree we tell Miss Molly about Senex offering to sponsor her and that because of that she have a chance...the rest she should probably not know, not unless Amanda comes for her."

But we cannot afford to let her know everything, yet unless she is trying to escape or kill herself. Which was the other reason I told you, so that would not come to pass. I will contact her now...keeping it legal, I can only make a request and that, carefully.'

"Yes be careful so you keep within the boundaries of the law yourself. As for Miss Molly, if she is given half a chance she will flee or kill herself, so would I in her situation...so would most...but perhaps...if she learns about a powerful sponsor she will get some hope."

He wrote and handed the book back to Adley and sigh, they where maneuvering on a knife's edge, one step wrong would spell their doom, and that of Molly and others as well, it was not a comfortable situation to be in.

He took the cuff keys from his pocket and offered it out to Adjan. Much as he'd like to tell Colin what he was up to, putting himself between a powerful Archmagus and his student he could do but his friend had offered the advice he'd needed to hear already and there was not any use making him more of a target than he already was.

Adjan took the keys and nodded.
"I will release her hands and talk with her when she is a bit more comfortable, tell her she have a chance while you speak with your Umbrood friend."
The Euthanatos said as he looked down at the keys in his hand.
"Poor girl, I do hope we will be able to help her."
He muttered.

Colin nodded, "Oh, I'm certain it's nowhere near the same, but after I saw, well... I've had rather a higher threshold for what disturbs me. It's rather outstanding, really, how much gory movies bore me. But then, I suppose that might be a sign of the times; there's hardly any proper horror being made anymore..."

"I kind of like gory movies they fascinate me, but as for being scary...not so much."
Molly said and smiles.
"They very seldom manage to make effective horror movies, but they can be fun non the less."

He shrugged, "There are many groups of the Fallen; the one we're directly up against is just a bit more... aggressive and active right now..."

"Hum...well the Nephandi getting more active is never a good thing. I would take Technocrats over Nephandi any day of the week, not that I particularly like them either."

He stroked his chin thoughtfully, "If... we cannot get you to a safer place, would you help advocate a bit more aggressive stance against the Chicago fallen to help pin down the support they might otherwise lend their Boston allies?

Molly was silent for a long while then she said fearfully.
"I...well...sure but what can I do from inside a cell. Sure I can tell whatever advocate I am sure will be assigned to me but I doubt they will listen to a widderslainte."

We have, unfortunately, very little knowledge about Abigail's lot, except that they're trying to barter a deal with the vampires here; control over a horrible little node the vampires - or at least their prince - don't even realize is there. We know where it is, approximately, but reaching it would be... difficult without help."

"Why don't you speak with the vampires yourself? I mean they might not often have anything to do with mages but I can give you the phone number to my friend, if you promise not to harm her and her mentor or whatever it is that they have are somewhat influential I think so perhaps you could figure something out that way?"
Molly offered.

He grinned, "The security chief back home and a sweet old Marauder we have visiting would give you the hairiest eyeball ever for that... They have some very specific ideas about how a good cup of cocoa should be served."

"Bitter? Yeah apparently that is how they had it in the really old days."
The Cultist said then she gave a soft smile.
"I prefer mine sweetened and mixed with ice cream though...also you have Marauders at your Chantry? That is quite...interesting."
She asked and looked rather surprised.
"We have an old Etherite that got very close to becoming one...perhaps to close, but he is sweet though so what if his reality do not match ours completely."

(OOC: Yes the summary of the thread is almost done. Also jay we have been going for almost a year. Yes PBPs often move slowly I was in one for oh 12 years though some of it was chat and while we did have some downtime I only think we covered two years in game time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Friday:

Na, just no facing fera would be better.

You have no paradox at all? Tane asked

Saturday:

IF she's here... that'd mean there have to be others too, right? Maybe she's something strange? Maybe attacked by other Rokea?

My job in this life is healing. It's just the right thing to do. AAAAAAND if fera were not getting wounded all the time, we shouldn't. Actually... i was trying to create a med bay in the chantry. Maybe i can get it open to fera so the house doesn't get swarmed. In the other hand, a lot of fera can protect a tumul better.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:57 pm

Friday:

Na, just no facing fera would be better.

"Yes...unless we prepare...then fighting one of the changers is likely to be the last thing we ever do."
Henrietta said.
"Most of them are friendly enough though if you show them respect and do not intrude on their territory."
The hedge wizard commented.

You have no paradox at all? Tane asked

"No...my magic is different from yours, like with your Rokea friend my magic is static, it follows old loopholes in reality, the downside is that it is not flexible, however I do not get Paradox, though doing anything directly while observed by sleepers is extremely difficult."
She explained.

Saturday:

IF she's here... that'd mean there have to be others too, right? Maybe she's something strange? Maybe attacked by other Rokea?

"Lone Rokea is not uncommon, some move with a slew, but not everyone. I do not know what she is, she smells Rokea but I have never seen one like her before...Alessa can you google it?"
He says and the werespider frown.
"Google what odd relatives of yours?"
She snapped.
"First of all you turn into a thousand spiders and can eat other spiders to regrow limbs I would be careful who I call odd, but what I was thinking you could google was whatever or not there are any big sharks living in cold waters..."
He said.
"Why big sharks, would not any shark do?"
"Well if they are not big enough you can not spawn with them, I mean can you spawn with that little spider we just caught and tossed out the window?"
"As a matter of fact yes..."
"No...do not answer that...I do not want to know."
"As if you have an right to look down on anyone else's sex habits... fuck off!"

While Coawa and Alessa argued the Rokea girl looked at them, then she turned to Tane and gave him a big grin as if she found the whole thing amusing, then she touched the wound at her side and said in a voice that was unused to words.
"Not sharks...Qyrl...spawn...attacked...me...."
The girl seamed surprised at her own words and touched her mouth and smiles enthusiastically again, then she pointed at the food on the table.
"Food..."
She declared.

My job in this life is healing. It's just the right thing to do. AAAAAAND if fera were not getting wounded all the time, we shouldn't. Actually... i was trying to create a med bay in the chantry. Maybe i can get it open to fera so the house doesn't get swarmed. In the other hand, a lot of fera can protect a tumul better.

"Hum...but would the mages help us?"
Coawa said as he stood over Alessa who was typing on her lap top.
"I guess there is a chance my slew will accept her once we know what the hell she is."
He commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:06 pm

(OOC: Well then now it is time to change threads again, we are going to thirty pages after the forum changed the number of posts per page.. Anyway this is a quick run through of what have happened this thread, if I have forgotten anything important please let me know.

The group that have been visiting Chicago have been faced with a difficult dilemma, Jodelle the Nephandi prisoner just plain refuses to talk and the question now is whatever or not the Traditionalists should try to torture information out of her, the moral dilemma are discussed back and forth until it is agreed upon that Colin should try to talk with her. Adjan finds Jodelle's apartment and Freddy do a scrying there and find a woman chained up in the bathroom, they also find a picture on the wall that appear to be the same as the young man that Jodelle had a picture of on her phone.

The group is also discussing whatever or not they should follow up on the situation around Martha, the apprentice of the Nephandus Abigail who appear to have been found wandering aimlessly in Boston and that was then locked up in a rather poor quality asylum. After Adley call the Chief and find that the man do not have the time to talk yet he decide they should probably wait with trying to contact Martha at the Asylum to try to get information from her.

Colin go to speak with Jodelle and find that she is very frightened but rather defiant. She do tell Colin that they are sending someone to Boston and that widderslainte seam to be going missing from there and that she is worried about her sister Martha as she is also one of Abegail's apprentices. Colin do not learn much but at least he learns more than Adley. At the end of the Fallen woman asks Colin to light a candle for her after she is sent to Horizon to be executed and worse.

The group go to rescue the prisoner in Jodelle's bathroom. Freddy was not feeling well so she and Francesca says behind to watch over Liv while Freddy do some research and also to be available to assist the group if need be. The gaggle of mages get to The Nephandus' apartment and there find the Cultist of Ecstasy Molly that they free. Adjan and Adley find some books of magickal notes but also a notebook detailing the experiments Jodelle have done to Molly to figure out how she is different from other widderslainte, that Susannah managed to cleanse herself have really scared the Fallen out of their wits and they are looking for a way to deal with that threat now. This leave the group with some problems as the Traditions are not kind to widderslainte and Molly is an innocent in all this. Adley and Adjan decide they have to find somewhere safe to discuss the matter with Colin, if he want to know, and so once Richard is done tending to the girl's wounds they head out and after a quick stop to get something to eat they take into a cheap motel to discuss the situation.

Molly did not know she was a widderslainte, Adjan checks to be sure and he can confirm it, she is one. The girl is terrified and begs be to either released or be killed and the group do not know what to do, they are forced to restrain her and Colin wonders if she is the innocent that Meg warned him had to be sacrificed. The group discuss the man in Jodelle's picture and Molly can tell them that Jodelle was begging Abigail to be allowed to warm him about Larson's plans, but she was refused, he live in a city near Boston and Adjan remembers that there is a Chantry there and asks Narim to check up on it.. Molly also tells the group that seven Nephandi are being sent towards Boston and Colin asks Freddy to check if she can find their flight. Molly also says that she overheard the two Nephandi speak about an old post office in Gary, and she know the Mercere have an old post office near the airport as a Chantry, this makes everyone worried.

Eventually the group device to send Embra to contact Senex and ask for help and to wait with making a decision until Adley have called the fire elemental. As they stand talking Richard and Colin notice a man who stand outside at a gas station watching them and so Colin head out to confront the man, though he do not seam aggressive and darts off, he appear to have stolen a car and Colin suspect the man works for Nicolai. Adley contacts Embra and send a request for aid to Senex. The man Colin let go apparently rapports back to his boss for three cars show up and the mages are forced to flee. Both Andely and Colin work some magick to get the pursuers, that they suspect are vampires off their trail, and Adjan bring the group into the Umbra, including their car, to hide there until they can hear back from Embra.

After a while Embra shows up, she gives a message back from Senex that he is willing to sponsor Molly and are willing to protect her if she is brought to Cerberus but he is not willing to go and get her himself since he fear that will be one drop to many and might weaken his ability to protect his apprentice Amanda. Embra have also overheard Senex and Amanda arguing, apparently the young widderslainte is getting tired of hearing about her kind being captured and Gilgulled so she wanted to go and get Molly, Senex refuse, stating he fears she herself will be captured and put on trial. Amanda says that perhaps she should be, the apprentice of an archmage in such a situation, now that would really stir things up. Adley and Adjan are discussing this while Colin and Molly have a conversation in the car.

Tane have continued to show Lily around Steelhaven. He have also gone to speak with Cita and give her a picture he took of Dennis to give to Tobias. Later he went to the docks to get the things he needed to treat Beatrice's wounds, on the docks he find a crowd of people bothering what seams to be a confused and wounded Rokea, concerned he saves the woman from the crowd and bring her home to talk with Coawa.

Good gaming everyone, I have really enjoyed this thread. Everyone get two exps.

Here is a link to the new thread: http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com/t79-marcy-s-blade-molly-s-fate-and-massasa-ic-thread-10#7394 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Back to top