Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:06 pm

(OOC: Well then or tenth IC thread weehoo. So Adley are making plans with Adjan about how to get Molly to safety and perhaps shake the Traditions up a bit. Colin is talking with Molly. Tane have been talking with Lily and Henrietta and have just rescued a strange Rokea. Richard is tagging along with the Chicago group for now. Well happy gaming this upcoming thread everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Warpmind on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Colin gave a soft shrug, "I would say I cannot see the future, but that's not entirely... accurate. However, you are fond of your Cabalmates, and they've known and trusted you for some time, have they not? Tell them what you remember... that you went into the Caul to help your Mentor in a previous life. And point out to your Cabal that if they don't help fighting the Fallen, if only in, well, honour of your memory, then what happened to you in your previous life could happen to them in this one. Or to someone they know. And what might happen to you in this life will just as likely then happen to them in the next. It's a cruel, vicious circle; a Black Spiral, even - and they know that as well as you do. Trust me on this much - there will be several who listen carefully to what you say. At least one of them should know you well enough, and be enlightened enough to realize such a warning would not be a Fallen's attempt at spreading the corruption."
He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "I can accept your vampire friend's contact information - she was a Toreador, was that what you called her? I promise, I will not make any unjust  or unprovoked attempts on her life, or unlife, nor that of her... well, senior, whatever the formal title. I don't know how much influence they might wield to counter that of the boy Nicolai, if that name means anything to you... but if you like, I can give them a warning about the Fallen, and word of what... your situation is. I'm sure she would at least like to know, even if I might not be able to explain the specifics."
He smiled sadly, "The honorable Lady Ceris is a sweet old lady... and unfortunately, by 'guest', I mean that I was forced to shoot her down, and she was placed under arrest, and remains locked in our most comfortable cell, with magic-inhibiting cuffs. She's quite lucid, and aware that she is in her final Twilight, but, well... she lives in the tenth century, which does make her more than a little dangerous to everyone, and makes explanations awkward. She had been manipulated by the Fallen to believe my Cabal was her enemy, and the consequences, well... I would like nothing more than to see her retreat into her own little pocket realm in the Umbra, with what friends and dependents she has, but I fear that might not be possible since she deliberately attacked us. The danger is evident, seeing that Paradox is a pain, and whatever a Marauder does in our presence will punish the rest of us. And when that Marauder is a venerable battlemage with centuries of experience with... well, in the words of Darth Vader, 'The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.' Lady Ceris was reasonably angry, but not completely convinced of our culpability, so she only shredded a city street under our car. I shudder to think what she could have done if she were fully convinced we had killed her friend..."

((OOC: Yay, XP! Wink ))
((OOC2: ...I've got enough XP for it... would it be appropriate to buy off Colin's Shy (-1) Disadvantage? He's certainly been fighting to overcome it. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:38 pm

Colin gave a soft shrug, "I would say I cannot see the future, but that's not entirely... accurate. However, you are fond of your Cabalmates, and they've known and trusted you for some time, have they not? Tell them what you remember... that you went into the Caul to help your Mentor in a previous life. And point out to your Cabal that if they don't help fighting the Fallen, if only in, well, honour of your memory, then what happened to you in your previous life could happen to them in this one.

"Yes most of us joined the Cabal right after our apprenticeships ended, some of us was friends even before that when we where still apprentices so yes I am fond of my Cabalmates and they have known and trusted me for some time...I still fear they will be disgusted when they find out what I am though."
Molly said sadly.
"I will talk with them though, ask them to help..."
Then she looked rather lost and tired.
"My memory you say...I guess that is what it will be...that if I...I am sentenced and...you know...I guess that will be the end, there is no surviving that..."
The Cultist asked she played with the fabric of her dress nervously, looking like she might start bawling again.

Or to someone they know. And what might happen to you in this life will just as likely then happen to them in the next. It's a cruel, vicious circle; a Black Spiral, even - and they know that as well as you do. Trust me on this much - there will be several who listen carefully to what you say. At least one of them should know you well enough, and be enlightened enough to realize such a warning would not be a Fallen's attempt at spreading the corruption."

"I would not want any of them to end up in this situation."
Molly said and sigh, she begun to sob softly.
"That would be the least thing I want but I will warn them, perhaps they can help, somehow, perhaps the leaders of my Chantry can help your cause."
She said between sobs.
"S...sorry...it seams I just can not stop crying..."

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "I can accept your vampire friend's contact information - she was a Toreador, was that what you called her? I promise, I will not make any unjust or unprovoked attempts on her life, or unlife, nor that of her... well, senior, whatever the formal title. I don't know how much influence they might wield to counter that of the boy Nicolai, if that name means anything to you... but if you like, I can give them a warning about the Fallen, and word of what... your situation is. I'm sure she would at least like to know, even if I might not be able to explain the specifics."

"Yes...Toreador, that is what she called it...they have something similar to Traditions they way I understand it, Toreador is one of them..."
Molly muttered she dried her tears again and muttered out a phone number.
"Her name is Tessa Tumar...ehm I have never heard the name you mentioned, Tessa and me do not talk about others in our respective societies much, it did not seam to be responsible to do so..."
She said then she sigh and nodded.
"Tell her...that I am arrested by my society and might be...executed, that she will understand...and tell her I have appreciated her friendship."
The Cultist said softly.
"Executions are not rare in her society, she will understand that."

He smiled sadly, "The honorable Lady Ceris is a sweet old lady... and unfortunately, by 'guest', I mean that I was forced to shoot her down, and she was placed under arrest, and remains locked in our most comfortable cell, with magic-inhibiting cuffs. She's quite lucid, and aware that she is in her final Twilight, but, well... she lives in the tenth century, which does make her more than a little dangerous to everyone, and makes explanations awkward.

"Ah I see...well those are often the easiest Marauders to understand, those that simply see the world as a different time...still yes a old powerful Mad One can be dangerous as hell."
She said and nodded.
"What is going to happen to this Lady Ceris?"
Molly inquired then she nodded.
"Final Twilight so she is a Hermetic then, or was a Hermetic before she went Marauder?"

She had been manipulated by the Fallen to believe my Cabal was her enemy, and the consequences, well... I would like nothing more than to see her retreat into her own little pocket realm in the Umbra, with what friends and dependents she has, but I fear that might not be possible since she deliberately attacked us. The danger is evident, seeing that Paradox is a pain, and whatever a Marauder does in our presence will punish the rest of us.

"Yes the Mad Ones likes to share don't they, that is often their greatest danger, that and that they can drag others into their own madness I hear...hum so she attacked your Cabal, that could nto have been pleasant."
Molly said then she looked angry.
"So that is more more person the Fallen have fucked things up for...they have to be stopped!"

And when that Marauder is a venerable battlemage with centuries of experience with... well, in the words of Darth Vader, 'The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.' Lady Ceris was reasonably angry, but not completely convinced of our culpability, so she only shredded a city street under our car. I shudder to think what she could have done if she were fully convinced we had killed her friend..."

"She would probably have killed you, a Master of the Art that do not have to fear Paradox can easily destroy a city if they are so inclined, an insane mage is a terrible thing and an insane Master is worse."
The Cultist sounded rather glum at that.
"Still it do not sound fair that Lady Ceres should have to pay the price if her actions was done due to manipulation rather than ill will, can not your Chantry just well, and I hate to make her sound like an unwanted salmon, but toss her back out into the Umbra and she can live her life in her delusions there?"
Molly asked.
"I mean if she do not really mean any harm, can you not let her go?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:05 am

Richard hangs over the shoulder of Adley

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:29 am

Adjan took the young war mage's advice and took out his flask and took a sip of the strong tasting, tarry liquid within, then he offered the flask to Adley before he took the note and read it, looking thoughtful and rather pale as his eyes scanned the page.

He shook his head a little. "Might need some later..."

"I agree, the Blade of Senex is...smart and if she is doing this, she needs to know everything, it have to be her choice she have to go in as a warrior not a victim, regardless of the outcome, she deserves that much...this is a dangerous path though we are taking and let us just hope it go better than it din for the twin flames.

He gave a nod in return after reading what Adjan had written down. He knew it was dangerous. He didn't want Amanda to face that rite either, again however there had to be someone apparently in order to stop the well oiled machine of the courts long enough to give it a set of new instructions. He wondered if this was what Heylel had felt, when he was deciding to do what he did. Surely there could be those that would say what he was doing was a shame to his House, rather than the usual stories of backstabbing and intrigue. Of course, as those were likely to be the ones actually committing treason and putting innocents in danger, suppressing important knowledge and progress, staining the integrity of the Traditions and quite possibly under Nephandic influence while, all around benefiting from the status quo, he found that he felt quite the opposite about it.

"My suggestion is you send a message to Amanda, tell her what is happening and that we are bringing Miss Molly to her own Chantry, then we take her through the Umbra slowly hoping to be intercepted by her. I agree we tell Miss Molly about Senex offering to sponsor her and that because of that she have a chance...the rest she should probably not know, not unless Amanda comes for her."

'That is what I was considering yes. You will take her en route to her home chantry via the umbra and depending which way it goes, take steps as needed from there. Hopefully you will return to us, having tried to fulfill your appointed task.'

Adjan took the keys and nodded."I will release her hands and talk with her when she is a bit more comfortable, tell her she have a chance while you speak with your Umbrood friend." The Euthanatos said as he looked down at the keys in his hand."Poor girl, I do hope we will be able to help her."

'You might want to tell her first and calm her down, perhaps set out on the journey. We don't have time to run after her and if we lose her in the umbra that will do little good.'

He sighed and looked at Adjan and then back at Embra's wavering flames and smokelike form. He felt he was choosing the right person - whether the path panned out was less certain but if he was going to die tomorrow then at least he could say he made this decision to try to find a way to stop this. He had the look of someone who had crossed some kind of personal Rubicon as he glanced back at the Euthanatos, then folded their conversation up to carefully destroy it.

Richard hangs over the shoulder of Adley

As he hears the door of the car open and someone proceed to invade his personal space, he looks up at Richard. "Can I help you? I am currently in the middle of something and shall return to the car shortly."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:53 am

"don't mind me"

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:46 am

He shook his head a little. "Might need some later..."

"Well it have been that kind of a day."
Adjan said with a sigh.

'That is what I was considering yes. You will take her en route to her home chantry via the umbra and depending which way it goes, take steps as needed from there. Hopefully you will return to us, having tried to fulfill your appointed task.'

Adjan read the message and then nodded before he wrote down:
"Yes hopefully I will be able to return without Molly but with being able to say that I had no choice but to give her up to Amanda...though of course if the Blade of Senex saves another widderslainte, there will be so many voices crying out for her arrest that then the ball will be in motion and there will be no stopping it...but then perhaps that is a sacrifice that have to happen."

'You might want to tell her first and calm her down, perhaps set out on the journey. We don't have time to run after her and if we lose her in the umbra that will do little good.'

"If we loose her in the Umbra most likely she dies unless some friendly Umbrood decide to care for her, this place is difficult to navigate and survive in unless you know your way."
Adjan wrote down then he handed the note book to Adley and looked at the car, what they where doing was dangerous, and it might cost a woman her Avatar, might cost someone he knew her Avatar, but in so doing it might also expose the rot at the center of the Traditions, seeing an Archmage's apprentice stand trial would shake the Traditions to the core, and no one would feel safe, and when that apprentice had done nothing wrong save be born...no one was against doing what had to be done with most widderslainte, but someone them where not evil, where not corrupted, perhaps they would one day be, but to Gilgul them as a caution...no at least the ones like Amanda...Molly, little Beatrice...they should be given a chance, but someone was not willing to do so, someone was terrified of the idea that some way to cleanse these poor souls might be found, and something had to be done...sometimes a bit of suffering had to be accepted to prevent more, but it was still not an easy decision.

"don't mind me"

Adjan was about to get back into the car when Richard stepped out trying to glance over Adley's shoulder, well the Akashic was curious, that was understandable, but both not to get him involved in something that could blow up in their faces and make an archmage's wrath rain down on them, but also to make sure the often...shy...well at least in some areas Hermetic got his space Adjan put his hand on Richard's shoulder and said politely.
"Dr Lee I am about to give Miss Molly the news of what Master Senex reply was, it is not the best news, but it do offer some hope. I need you to be ready to give her something to make her sleep if she tries to escape or harm herself."
He said as he glanced in the car window at the girl.
"Only if you have to though, if she just cries let her be remember the poor girl was tortured by that Nephandus and have been injected with that bloody serum for who knows how long, it is likely that she is afraid of needles, still having you on stand by to intervene is better than letting her run into the Umbra and die."
The Euthanatos said gently as he tried to lead Richard back to the car, if Senex found out what they where doing, his own death would be acceptable, he could feel Jhor building up within him, he would not become an old man in either case and with Adley, he had made his choice, but any more death would be a waste, and besides it might be more than an angry archmagus they had to face for this, if the plan worked and the Traditions where shook from their complacency many discredited Enforcers would be looking for someone to blame...it was best to keep the circle of those who knew what they had done as small as possible.
"And beside Adley want to have a talk with his spirit friend, and if you look at her, she do seam rather nervous of us, let us give them some space."
The death magus muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:36 pm

Richard goes back to the car to get his medical bag

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Adjan nods and gets into the car as well.
"Thank you Dr Lee."
He says and settles back into his seat, giving Colin and Molly time to finish what they where saying to one another before he begun to explain things for the young Cultist.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:28 pm

"Well it have been that kind of a day." Adjan said with a sigh

"Week."

"Yes hopefully I will be able to return without Molly but with being able to say that I had no choice but to give her up to Amanda...though of course if the Blade of Senex saves another widderslainte, there will be so many voices crying out for her arrest that then the ball will be in motion and there will be no stopping it...but then perhaps that is a sacrifice that have to happen."

'Where do you think that Amanda has gone, I can't very well have just anyone direct my friend to her, as last time.' he wrote, and then thought about what Amanda was risking, what they were risking right now.

"don't mind me"
"Dr Lee I am about to give Miss Molly the news of what Master Senex reply was, it is not the best news, but it do offer some hope. I need you to be ready to give her something to make her sleep if she tries to escape or harm herself."

By the glare in his eyes, Adley looked as if he was about to snap a reply that he did in fact mind, very much so...but was spared from airing his thoughts as Adjan cut in. He waited for them to get back into the car before addressing Embra again in Enochian. "Thank you for waiting, there were some logistical things that needed to be done. I have a new message for you to send, this time to Amanda, the apprentice you saw arguing with the Master while you were giving the last message. However, this message is more discreet than the last, it is for her alone," he began.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:03 pm

"Week."

"Yeah...week."
Adjan agreed and shook his head.

'Where do you think that Amanda has gone, I can't very well have just anyone direct my friend to her, as last time.' he wrote, and then thought about what Amanda was risking, what they were risking right now.

"I would assume either her room, or some place where she can blow off steam...I have only been to Cerberus a few times, I honestly do not know exactly where she would be."
Adjan wrote back, yes it would be tricky that was for sure, it all depended on the Hermetic's Umbrood friend finding the young death mage without someone else getting the message they where sending, tricky indeed."

"Thank you for waiting, there were some logistical things that needed to be done. I have a new message for you to send, this time to Amanda, the apprentice you saw arguing with the Master while you were giving the last message. However, this message is more discreet than the last, it is for her alone," he began.

Embra nodded as she looked at Adley.
"So go back to the big castle full of mages, find the one named Amanda and deliver your message to her alone."
She confirmed.
"I can do that, is it a message you can tell me directly or do you need to tell it to my flames while my mind is not there?"
Embra asked and it was clear she did not like the second option.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Colin frowned and handed Molly a handkerchief, "It doesn't have to be the end, you know... Painful and humiliating though it is, it's possible to survive the loss of one's Avatar... I hear the Mercere are very good at helping with that,if there's a remaining will to live. I can't honestly imagine what the loss will feel like, but you can still remain a part of this magical world we live in; still help others... perhaps even still sing on YouTube."
He quickly noted down the name and number, "Miss Turmar, right... I will inform her that you have been placed under arrest, with the potential maximal punishment, and that I will inform her of the outcome... in case you won't be able to. But there remains a chance, however slim, you will be able to tell her yourself, you know."
He scratched his chin, "You know, with one thing and another, I'm not completely certain of her Tradition, but I think she is a Verbena. A very old Verbena at that. Quite literally spending her time back in her youth. As for letting her go... I don't have anywhere near the authority to do that, however much I would like to do so. There is a possibility, however, for bringing her along on an assault mission against the Fallen... And that's the odd thing about combat; it can be hard to keep track of every individual..."
He gave her a sly wink, "If you know what I mean. But hush."
He glanced at Richard and Adjan as they came back to the car, "Now, let us hear what Adley's hot friend had to say?"

((OOC: Out all day to play organized D&D. Good times; my Wild Mage from Waterdeep isn't entirely sure if it's his own damn fault he's in Raven loft, but he can't rule it out...))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:35 pm

Colin frowned and handed Molly a handkerchief, "It doesn't have to be the end, you know... Painful and humiliating though it is, it's possible to survive the loss of one's Avatar... I hear the Mercere are very good at helping with that,if there's a remaining will to live. I can't honestly imagine what the loss will feel like, but you can still remain a part of this magical world we live in; still help others... perhaps even still sing on YouTube."

Molly sigh she accepts the handkerchief but just hold it for a while.
"I am...not sure I want...to live like...that...the thought scares me so...much..."
She mutters and she was shivering as if cold, her voice barely holding.
"B...but I guess that if...if...that...happens then...there will be no new life for me, only this one, and even if I...will want to die I...do want to make...the most out of it...since once I die then, I will be gone forever."
She muttered then she broke down and wept, pulling her knees towards her and shaking with sobs.

He quickly noted down the name and number, "Miss Turmar, right... I will inform her that you have been placed under arrest, with the potential maximal punishment, and that I will inform her of the outcome... in case you won't be able to.

That did not make the Cultist weep any less but she did nod, at least her friend would know what had happened to her, or at least some of it, she would not think she was dead in a ditch somewhere, though that might be a more comforting thought.

But there remains a chance, however slim, you will be able to tell her yourself, you know."

Molly looked up, though she did not look like there was much hope in her heart but she nodded again, at least there was a chance she would be all right, though not a very good chance.

He scratched his chin, "You know, with one thing and another, I'm not completely certain of her Tradition, but I think she is a Verbena. A very old Verbena at that. Quite literally spending her time back in her youth. As for letting her go... I don't have anywhere near the authority to do that, however much I would like to do so. There is a possibility, however, for bringing her along on an assault mission against the Fallen... And that's the odd thing about combat; it can be hard to keep track of every individual..."

"D...diedne...she is Diedne then..."
Molly looked up from her weeping for a moment her eyes red.
"T...hey where Hermetics once but are also Verbena...just like the Cult of Ecstasy came from the same ancient Roman Cult that spawned the Hermetics."
She muttered desperate for something else to think about and Tradition history would do.
"Yes things get chaotic in a fight..."
She agreed as she wiped her cheeks on the handkerchief.

He gave her a sly wink, "If you know what I mean. But hush."

Molly glanced at Colin then nodded, she would not say anything, it sounded like that Marauder deserved freedom, and if there was a chance to give her that and kick the Nephandi in their corrupted butts at the same time then so much the better.

He glanced at Richard and Adjan as they came back to the car, "Now, let us hear what Adley's hot friend had to say?"

Adjan gave Colin a thin smile then he motioned for Richard to ready a shot of the sedative in case it was needed but to keep it hidden from Molly unless she panicked and tried to flee.
"Master Senex offers to sponsor you, or in other words to become your warden Miss Aydogan, this is not that uncommon in the Traditions, at our Chantry a Cultist like you had a nasty Quiet a while ago, but since his mentor lives some distance away, one of our Deacons was temporarily placed as his sponsor until he had recovered enough to care for himself properly. What this will mean is that Master Senex will offer to take the role a powerful mentor would have had, and as such try to alleviate the fear the Council might have that an Adept might not be able to control you properly."
He said and looked to see if Molly was paying attention before he continued.
"It works a bit like this sometimes when someone is sentenced for something where they are considered to have done something so bad or have been something so bad that they can not rule themselves anymore, they are status wise reduced to that of an apprentice, they are still recognized by Sphere rank but are placed back under the care of their mentor's like before they where initiated. In the cases where a widderslainte have been spared, this is what have happened, however only those with powerful and respected Masters of the Art for mentors have been given this mercy, however Master Senex hopes that by offering to be the one placed in authority over you that the Council might show mercy with you."
The Euthanatos said then he sigh.
"Now there are no precedence for this in a...Gilgul case...though there have been cases of criminals that would have been executed having been placed under sponsors instead, so you do have a chance...I am not going to lie with the current political climate the chances are not good, but you have a far better chance than if you where not offered this sponsorship."
Adjan said and placed his hand gently on Molly's arm.

Molly looked down she had problems speaking for she was so terrified.
"So I will be given to...Horizon?"
She asked her voice sounding sore. Adjan sigh.
"I will take you to your home Chantry but yes I do assume they will have to hand you to Horizon for trial yes...I am sorry Miss Molly...I truly am."
He whispered.
"A...and this Master Senex will offer to become my ward...and the defense will ask for me to be placed with him?"
Adjan nodded.
"Yes, and do not worry, he is a honorable man, you would be well treated, he would make sure you had what you need to study and develop...it would not be a bad life."
Molly glanced at the Euthanatos.
"I...guess so...but the chances are not good?"
She said weakly and Adjan sigh.
"No...but you can not give up kid...now I am going to remove your restraints and bring you through the Umbra to your home, that is the safest, will you stay calm and not try to escape?"
He asked.
"Please...I do not want you to get lost in the Umbra and then starve to death or worse."
He continued. Molly looked doubtful, it was clear she would do anything to get away but she had little hope she would be able to, she glanced at Colin for a moment then back at Adjan.
"I guess I have no choice..."

(OOC: The wild mage is a Player Character right? Then off course it is his fault, it is always the player character's fault when someone ends up in Ravensloft Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:08 pm

"I would assume either her room, or some place where she can blow off steam...I have only been to Cerberus a few times, I honestly do not know exactly where she would be."

He nodded at that and then a thought occurred to him, quite visibly but he didn't seem to need to elaborate to Adjan about it further.

"So go back to the big castle full of mages, find the one named Amanda and deliver your message to her alone." She confirmed. "I can do that, is it a message you can tell me directly or do you need to tell it to my flames while my mind is not there?" Embra asked and it was clear she did not like the second option.

"I know you don't like to let me do that and I understand why. But I do believe it is the most secure way. However, I believe I should offer you something in return for allowing me to do such twice now. The next opportunity I have I will dedicate a flame to you. I cannot say when or how large a fire it will be, but it would be to thank you for allowing me this boon." He paused and then said, "If someone asks, saying that you are returning a message should hopefully be enough. If they don't ask, then there is no need of course to do anything other than find the message recipient. Others will assume you are carrying on from before, and that you are. To find Amanda, can you use the emotions of anger and upset that you witnessed before and follow them to her, being akin to some of the natures to fire itself and let it blaze a trail back to her?"

// Have fun in Ravenloft xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:06 am

Colin looked at her evenly, "I've met... survivors. I'm not going to pretend it won't be awful, but some seem to manage. It... seems to help if they have something to focus on; some self-appointed obligation."
He arched an eyebrow to Adjan, "So, Senex' offer is pretty much the best we could hope for at this point, isn't it?"
He leaned back, "So, then, where do we take it from here? I suppose we could get the car moving here, somehow, and it might be safer than returning to Chicago proper. Then again, if you're taking the path of shadows with Molly, I guess the rest of us have to lead a merry chase to trick the pursuers?"
He smiled, "Be safe, both of you, then, and Godspeed."
Glancing out the window, "So, will Adley be long in bartering with his ladyfriend?"

((OOC: Well, from what I can tell, Ravenloft is kind of a dickish place that nobody goes to intentionally. We're strolling through the Curse of Strahd, and so far, the haunted house we're traipsing through has more than its fair share of ghosts. And my Wild Mage's primary offensive spell is a Poison spray cantrip; not precisely effective against the undead. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:46 am

"I know you don't like to let me do that and I understand why. But I do believe it is the most secure way. However, I believe I should offer you something in return for allowing me to do such twice now. The next opportunity I have I will dedicate a flame to you. I cannot say when or how large a fire it will be, but it would be to thank you for allowing me this boon."

Embra hesitated then she nodded.
"Very well."
She finally agreed but she did not look happy about it.
"A flame you say? I would like that...yes indeed I would like that very much."
The elemental seamed to perk up at the thought of that.

He paused and then said, "If someone asks, saying that you are returning a message should hopefully be enough. If they don't ask, then there is no need of course to do anything other than find the message recipient. Others will assume you are carrying on from before, and that you are.

"Hum...yes it seams to me humans are good at assuming things, they will indeed assume I am just returning with a reply...and no there is no need to volunteer information that are not asked for, I will just let them assume."
She said again proving she was different from most Umbroods, she had at least some understanding of nuance.

To find Amanda, can you use the emotions of anger and upset that you witnessed before and follow them to her, being akin to some of the natures to fire itself and let it blaze a trail back to her?"

Embra was silent for a moment as she considered.
"Yes...I can do that."
She agreed after some time.
"I should be able to trail her emotions to find her like the embers of a flame."
The elemental sigh.
"I guess there is nothing more for me to do then pull my consciousness back then, but you owe me for this mage."
She reminded Adley then she flickered and again sort of shrank into a blaze that seamed for the moment have no consciousness, her personality and mind hidden far away into her being.

Colin looked at her evenly, "I've met... survivors. I'm not going to pretend it won't be awful, but some seem to manage. It... seems to help if they have something to focus on; some self-appointed obligation."

Molly whimpered at that she seamed rather lost and hopeless.
"Do...the survivors you have met...do they ever find any happiness again?"
She asked in a whisper between her sobs.

He arched an eyebrow to Adjan, "So, Senex' offer is pretty much the best we could hope for at this point, isn't it?"

"The best legal option yes, the best would have been if he had gotten her to his Chantry where she would be safe, but he have an apprentice to consider, so yes for legal options this is the one that give Miss Molly the greatest chance."
Adjan said and nodded.

He leaned back, "So, then, where do we take it from here? I suppose we could get the car moving here, somehow, and it might be safer than returning to Chicago proper. Then again, if you're taking the path of shadows with Molly, I guess the rest of us have to lead a merry chase to trick the pursuers?"

"It is likely the pursuers are gone and are looking for you elsewhere, but yes they are a problem. If you can get the car going in here and pierce the Gauntelet to return to reality yourself then going to Morningstar through the Umbra would be the safest, unless any of you three can do that though I will get you back to physical reality, go to Morningstar as quickly as you can...I am sorry this put you in some danger."
The Euthanatos said regretfully as he begun to gently unlock and open Molly's restraints, apologizing to her when she winced.
"Almost done...there."
He said and put the cuffs in his pocket and then examined the girl's wrists, gently pushing back the bandages and frowning.

He smiled, "Be safe, both of you, then, and Godspeed."

"Thank you Colin."
Adjan said while Molly looked up at the Orphan, now and again she still sobbed.
"Thank you for your kindness Mr Wainwright I hope to see you again..."
The she added darkly.
"And hopefully not to deliver your mail."

Glancing out the window, "So, will Adley be long in bartering with his ladyfriend?"

"I doubt he will be long no."
Adjan said and glanced out the window at Embra.
"He takes after his mentor in dealing with Umbroods though, he is kind to them, rather like treating them like tools, it is a good thing, he is a fine young mage I can see my the Chief is proud of him."
The Euthanatos muttered.
"Anyway no, I think he is just about done...so you have fun dodging lovesick vampire wizards while I take Miss Molly home."
He said and took the Cultist's hand gently trying to somehow get her to stop sobbing, without much success.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:30 am

Colin thought for a moment, "Happiness is a very... loaded word. Purpose, acceptance, perhaps some level of contentment, certainly, but happiness is rather too, well, everyone has happy moments in their lives, but lasting happiness is tricky under any circumstances."
He gave a half-smile, "I hope to see you again, as well... Preferably on a stage, perhaps with backup singers and an orchestra?"
He nodded, "Yes, he treats them like, well, like one should treat people; fairly and politely. Much like I would, I expect, were I able to communicate with them."
He sighed, "Yes, I shall have to refresh the scrambling rote, I suppose; make pinpointing us a little trickier when we return to the real world. Molly, keep the handkerchief; if absolutely necessary, you can return it once you're back to singing for miss Tumar, hmm?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:53 am

Colin thought for a moment, "Happiness is a very... loaded word. Purpose, acceptance, perhaps some level of contentment, certainly, but happiness is rather too, well, everyone has happy moments in their lives, but lasting happiness is tricky under any circumstances."

"I see, well as long as I can make something out of my life, I guess it is better than nothing."
Molly muttered she sobbed softly and tried to compose herself.
"And hope I do not have to find out...if happiness can be found in such a condition."
She muttered.

He gave a half-smile, "I hope to see you again, as well... Preferably on a stage, perhaps with backup singers and an orchestra?"

That managed to bring a smile out of Molly.
"I em...would like that but I am not that good..."
She muttered shyly, at least her spirits was lifted for a brief moment by the thought of singing in front of an audience.

He nodded, "Yes, he treats them like, well, like one should treat people; fairly and politely. Much like I would, I expect, were I able to communicate with them."

Adjan nodded at that.
"Well yes it is how one should treat others, regardless of who or what they are, many mages forget that though, we get to drunk on our own power."
The Euthanatos muttered and glanced out at the Hermetic.
"But it seams Chief Morgan taught his apprentice right."

He sighed, "Yes, I shall have to refresh the scrambling rote, I suppose; make pinpointing us a little trickier when we return to the real world.

"That is a good idea, it should buy you allot more time or perhaps keep our pursuers from finding you at all, which would be the best thing."
Adjan said he sounded concerned about leaving the other three mages alone and in potential danger.

Molly, keep the handkerchief; if absolutely necessary, you can return it once you're back to singing for miss Tumar, hmm?"

"T...thank you..."
Molly muttered she took a deep breath and tried to steady herself.
"You think I will be back then...someday?"
She asked and looked away.
"I guess I will have to try...and hope for the best."
She muttered though she did not sound to hopeful. Adjan patted the young Cultist on her hand and said.
"Things might not be so bleak as you think Miss Molly, try not to despair yes?"
He said encouragingly and she nodded but it was clear that she was scared out of her wits and did not know what to do with herself.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:06 pm

Colin grinned, "Ambition and practice, my dear. You have some fans who think you are that good, or at the very least, one undead fan. Keep in mind, this is a day and age when any talentless hack can compete on TV, or get a literary travesty about a sparkly-ass vampiric sexual predator printed... You should do fine."
He glanced briefly down at the cuffs and then locked eyes with Adjan for just an instant, before turning back to Molly, "I believe you have vastly better chances of returning triumphant than many others would, or if you had been rescued by another group, at least... Stay safe, and don't lose sight of what's important to you. Remember the music, as it were."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Colin grinned, "Ambition and practice, my dear. You have some fans who think you are that good, or at the very least, one undead fan. Keep in mind, this is a day and age when any talentless hack can compete on TV, or get a literary travesty about a sparkly-ass vampiric sexual predator printed... You should do fine.

"You know my friend says the same thing, about modern music and how many talentless hacks there are out there, and really there is I know wonderful musicians who make videos that do not get a fraction of the views of someone who talk about fashion and nail polish."
Molly muttered then she sigh.
"Perhaps you are right, perhaps I could sing on a stage one day...providing the Traditions do not destroy me first for the crime of being born."
She sigh and wiped away a few tears but she did manage to smile if just a little.

He glanced briefly down at the cuffs and then locked eyes with Adjan for just an instant, before turning back to Molly, "I believe you have vastly better chances of returning triumphant than many others would, or if you had been rescued by another group, at least... Stay safe, and don't lose sight of what's important to you. Remember the music, as it were."

Adjan looked at Colin meeting his gaze for just a moment to say that he had to be ready to grab the girl if he had to but Molly did not flee, not for now at least, instead she slightly flex her fingers once her hands was free then place them back into her lap, she did seam to relax a bit though when the dampening effect on her magick from the cuffs was gone.
"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright."
She said softly though she still seamed doubtful.
"One thing before I go...can I be allowed to use my magick?"
She asked and looked up, first at Colin and then at Adjan.
"I do not know how long that woman kept me from it, and once we get to my Chantry it is likely I will be kept from it again...if this go wrong...if the Council is not merciful...this might be my last chance to cast a rote...please...let me..."

Adjan sigh, allowing the Cultist to use her magick was risky, but then the girl had been a prisoner of the Nephandi for weeks being kept from her arts, and now if Adley's messenger could not reach Amanda and if she did not help or did not reach him in time to stop him from delivering Molly to her Chantry, she might never use magick again, he could not deny her, not outright, he glanced at Colin unsure of what to do.
"Dr Lee have a strong sedative, we could place the needle in her arm, ready to push the drug in, if her spell is used to escape most likely we will have the time to inject her and she will not get far before she is out."
He muttered and glanced first at Molly who whimpered at the idea, as he had thought her imprisonment at the hands of the Nephandus Jodelle had left her rather nervous around needles, then he glanced at Colin to hear his opinion.
"I do not want to deny her, not outright and this provide some insurance."
He said and sigh.
"Or do you think we should just let her cast a rote, it might do her well to be shown trust."
The Euthanatos said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Colin shrugged, "In the words of Aldous Huxley, it's a Brave New World... For better or worse."
He stroked his chin, "I quite believe we can trust Molly to behave... I think she and I would both hate it if she were to make a liar of me, considering the message I am to deliver. I shouldn't like to inform miss Tumar that her dear friend is a fugitive from the law. However, I would recommend we step outside the car for comfort."
He arched an eyebrow, "What do you think, Molly? What sort of spell did you have in mind?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Colin shrugged, "In the words of Aldous Huxley, it's a Brave New World... For better or worse."

Molly gave a weak smile to that though she quickly looked down again and looked quite sad though there was a bit of determination in her eyes as well.

He stroked his chin, "I quite believe we can trust Molly to behave... I think she and I would both hate it if she were to make a liar of me, considering the message I am to deliver. I shouldn't like to inform miss Tumar that her dear friend is a fugitive from the law. However, I would recommend we step outside the car for comfort."

"Hum...very well then, if you think we can trust Miss Molly, I will accept that."
Adjan said and opened the car door, careful not to spook Embra in the process.
"Very well we will go outside then but let us give Adley and his friend some space when we do so."
He said. Molly just gave Colin a grateful smile.
"I will not abuse that trust...like I said if I find a way to flee, I will flee I have been honest about that, but I will not use this kindness to do so."
She said firmly.

He arched an eyebrow, "What do you think, Molly? What sort of spell did you have in mind?"

"I well...I could make a fireball...we are in the Umbra after all...or perhaps some Tass, it will probably be somewhat Entropic but I have some in my system and I am not going to need while I am locked up on Horizon..."
She said the last part bitterly then she continued.
"If I make some tass it might even be useful, so if it really turns out to be...my last rote then at least it did some good...and if I make it through this then it is payment for your help..."
Molly said and scratched her head.
"I would like to show my gratitude your group did save me...from that woman...and the rest of it is not your fault..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:48 pm

"A flame you say? I would like that...yes indeed I would like that very much." The elemental seamed to perk up at the thought of that

"Then I shall do that, when I have the chance to do so."

"Hum...yes it seams to me humans are good at assuming things, they will indeed assume I am just returning with a reply...and no there is no need to volunteer information that are not asked for, I will just let them assume."

He nodded. "Good." It seemed that he was fortunate it was her that was carrying the message, she had a much better grasp on subtlety than some would give her credit for, going just by her overall type.

"I should be able to trail her emotions to find her like the embers of a flame." The elemental sigh. "I guess there is nothing more for me to do then pull my consciousness back then, but you owe me for this mage."

"I will remember," he said. "Thank you," he said.

Once her sentience had retreated beneath the raw flames again, he began a new message, this one for Amanda. It was as earnest as the last, if a bit less formal:

'Amanda, I hope this message finds you,

'I have been given a fateful judgement to make, one that cannot be avoided that was entrusted to me by my avatar. I believe I have made the right decision. However, I do not believe it is only mine to fulfill. For while I choose, if the one I seek does not believe they are the one, or the path is just, then I do not believe it will succeed. We need a champion, someone who believes and who is brave, someone who is in the correct position to make the change be seen above and below, one willing to make a sacrifice. Someone who will shed light on a situation that has gone on without any questioning that favors the enemy. We have gathered evidence that at least one widderslainte was cleansed yet she was given the rite; we have evidence that Molly was experimented upon yet remains herself, neither darker nor more evil. And there are whispers of political maneuverings that gravely concern me. We need time to see the entire path of cleansing through, to see if I can help those like yourself find the way.

'The choice that I made was you: I believe you are fierce and you are in the most visible position. But know that if you take the path and if you are the one, you will be sent to the sentencing chamber. I have seen it, from my avatar's hosts eyes when it told me that this choice must be made, that it could not be avoided - someone would go. But the difference between you and Molly (or others like her) is that, tragically, very few will notice if Molly's avatar is destroyed or be aware that she's having a trial. It will cause no change. He is right, if you step out there, there is danger for you. You may have to sacrifice that which you cherish above all else - but if this is the right path for you to walk, then it is a danger you accept so there is a chance that others may not fall while there is still a chance for them. If you believe that there is hope for the widderslainte that are fighting their darkness to see the light again and be returned to the wheel cleansed, if you believe this is the right time for you to act, then you are the best champion they could hope for. I can stand on the bridge and beckon but not make one cross it. Nor will I force upon them any deed not their own. I cannot make you take up that fate but be the herald and Voice my hopes for the change it could bring.

'For now though, we are beholden by the law as it stands to take Molly into custody, to her home Chantry Umbra Gladii so that she may be with her loved ones. If we do not, others in precarious circumstances will be risked that will again cause little hitch in the churning mechanism of the courts, nor cause the necessary questioning that will slowly lead to change. And there is more danger we must fight - we've been accosted and needs must that we take the Umbral roads to bring Molly home. Despite this, I hold out hope that Molly will survive and that she will find a way to shine again, for I do not think she is the one that should see the inside of that chamber.

~The light in the darkness'

Once he was finished, he spoke Embra's Name again so she could return to her normal state.

// Awe that's no fun, having an ability that's not so useful Warp maybe the GM will let you change it, or you will find use for it later. Happened to a ranger I played once every time I got a new slot for an favored enemy, we'd very soon be moving areas to a location that I didn't know anything about and didn't know what favored enemy to pick out or ended up with the wrong one, out of timing lol >.>

Also, I hope they get out of the car when he's done sending his message? (which I think is legal as far as I as a player understand mage laws, if barely...not that it doesn't make it a dangerous message anyway)
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:09 pm

"Then I shall do that, when I have the chance to do so."

Embra nodded at that, seeming satisfied with the promised gesture.

He nodded. "Good." It seemed that he was fortunate it was her that was carrying the message, she had a much better grasp on subtlety than some would give her credit for, going just by her overall type.

Again Embra just nodded, she seamed pretty sure she would be able to find Amanda and do so without anyone becoming suspicious, whatever or not she was right in that assumption though remained to be seen.

Once he was finished, he spoke Embra's Name again so she could return to her normal state.

Embra slowly reformed into her humanoid shape and shuddered.
"I really hate that."
She muttered then she sigh.
"I guess I should be off to deliver your message then mage, do you want a reply back or can I return to Danielle once this errand is done?"
The elemantal asked.

(OOC: Yeah I think that should be barley legal. And yes I think they do get out of the car once the message is done, so Adley probably see the door opening about the same time as he is done talking with Embra.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:31 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "If you opt to make some tass... I could use the opportunity to perform a little experiment with it; see if I can ignite tass in its solid form, as well as freely flowing quintessence. Your call, of course, just try to do something which won't scream out a challenge to every spirit in Illinois..."
He glanced out the window at Embra reforming again, "I think Adley has said his peace to the spirit... No time like the present, right?"
Smoothly opening the door to step outside, he gave Adley and Embra a quick wave, "If you are quite finished with your deliberations, Molly wishes to cast one last spell before heading over to her Chantry... We trust her to do so, but it might be more comfortable outside the car, if you won't mind?"

((OOC: Waiting only seems proper. And I'm not too worried about the spell selection for said Wild Mage. I didn't have a damage build in mind - more illusions, befuddlement and dickery, really. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top