Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Warpmind on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 10:02

Colin smiled and nodded, "I do believe precognition is a simpler explanation than scrying, in any case; it seems an insurmountable task to deliberately seek out so much highly specific information, no matter how one might do it. I'll see if I can bring the tray back down afterwards."
He bowed to Thomas and his friend, "Enjoy your dinner, then, boys. And thank you, again."

He gave Freddy a roguish grin, "Look for me, luv? Why, didn't Adley tell you I was reporting to Chief Joakim?"
He cleared his throat and nudged the door shut behind him, "Ah, that's not entirely to blame for my tardiness, though... I took the extra few minutes to conduct my little test. I have now verified I can safely burn off tass as well as free-flowing quintessence. I fear I just volunteered myself for cleaning duty for a long time when Chief Morgan hears of it... Disgusting stuff, that Nephandic tass, but I can use it at range. We have Unholy Hand Grenades, ladies and gentlemen."
He set his food down at the table and started digging in, "Now, that message... That would be the ghost of a conversation, when Cunningham called her apprentice? Or a message from home or... elsewhere?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 10:12

"Alright, yes I did say as securely as possible, you're right," he said, looking thoughtful. "Listen, we shouldn't let this get out to just anyone. Our Chief of course is okay, but keep a tight lid in general."

Both the two female magi nodded.
"Ok, but other than trying to prevent someone from snuffing out Martha if she is still alive, before we can talk to her, is there a reason why we are keeping this a secret?"
Freddy asked.
"And I assume we are going to tell Colin, Richard and Adjan?"

"Only one way to find out, that I can think of and that's to go see."

"We could see if the Chief could send someone to get her out of the hospital though, it might be easier for those home in Boston to do so than us here in Chicago right now."
The Virtual Adept suggested.

"He better not be. He said he'd meet us up here."

"Hum? Ah you mean Colin, no I thought you where talking about the Nephandi prisoner's apprentice, if I wanted to guess where he was located."
Freddy explained with a grin.
"Sorry for the misunderstanding Adley."

When Colin was let in, he looked at him and nodded, glancing at the food as if he was wondering about second helpings.

"I was going to go and fetch a bowl of caramel pudding for Liv for when she wakes up, I could fetch you another plate of food at the same time."
Francesca offered as she stood.
"It should not take me long to just run down to the first floor and get it."

Ah right, shit I wanted to check you three out..." he remembered.

"Well if you are up to it, or I can look for anything that connects to something else, though I can not as easily find general magick and spells."
Freddy said as she begun eating again, the momentary shock of hearing the conversation between the two Nephandi fading enough for hunger to overcome her queasiness.

Colin smiled and nodded, "I do believe precognition is a simpler explanation than scrying, in any case; it seems an insurmountable task to deliberately seek out so much highly specific information, no matter how one might do it. I'll see if I can bring the tray back down afterwards."

"Well I work with kitchen magick, it seams that this knowledge is a part of my Resonance, you know how we all get our little peculiarities Mr Wainwright."
Mirri said with a smile.
"It is part of being a mage."

He bowed to Thomas and his friend, "Enjoy your dinner, then, boys. And thank you, again."

"I am glad to have been of help Sir."
Thomas said. The other young boy nodded to you.
"Thank you Sir, you to."
He said before he placed his thin hand on top of Thomas's own hand and the two of them went back to eating in silence, though they did give one another little fond looks now and again.

He gave Freddy a roguish grin, "Look for me, luv? Why, didn't Adley tell you I was reporting to Chief Joakim?"

"He did, but I think he got a little impatient, and so my dear did I."
Freddy said and gave you just the same fond look as the two teenage apprentices had given one another across their dinner table a few moment ago.

He cleared his throat and nudged the door shut behind him, "Ah, that's not entirely to blame for my tardiness, though... I took the extra few minutes to conduct my little test. I have now verified I can safely burn off tass as well as free-flowing quintessence. I fear I just volunteered myself for cleaning duty for a long time when Chief Morgan hears of it... Disgusting stuff, that Nephandic tass, but I can use it at range. We have Unholy Hand Grenades, ladies and gentlemen."

"My my, you will be a busy man then, we can rent you out to other Chantries with a Node problem."
Freddy joked.
"I want percentages of that off course."
She added and grinned.
"Seriously though that is good news and it will be very useful."
The Virtual Adept gave you a look of recognition before she went back to her seat and her dinner.

He set his food down at the table and started digging in, "Now, that message... That would be the ghost of a conversation, when Cunningham called her apprentice? Or a message from home or... elsewhere?"

"Yes the conversation between Martha and her apprentice...and I would listen to it before I start eating if I where you Colin, it is not an easy recording to listen to, I mean I know they are Nephandi and our enemies but I can not help but feel for them and they sound just like a mentor and apprentice in our society might sound if one of them where in trouble."
Freddy said and sounded almost sad or mournful.
"It makes you think that holy fuck the Nephandi are people as well as monsters...and that is not always the most comfortable thought, given that we are tying to kill or worse the lot of them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 12:02

Colin grinned at Francesca, "Well, I'm sure Mirri will hand you exactly the serving you need. That's a beautiful knack she has."
He beamed at Freddy, "Oh, that's sweet of you. Hum, seems love and affection is on the rise, even in the middle of this clusterfuck."
He chuckled, "Oh, I can see the advertisements already... 'Got corrupted tass? Wainwright will take care of your problems for a modest fee. Vulgar display of magic included for free. Paradox surcharges will be applied.' Or something like that. Then again, I rather look forward to seeing how high the Fallen will fly when I start detonating the tass reserves in their possessions. It is an ugly, malevolent flare, and it couldn't happen to any better people..."

He set his plate down and frowned, "I've spoken with a couple of them, remember? I'm quite aware they are people; they have fears, dreams, affections, just like the rest of us. It... does make it a little easier, though, knowing that they are people who made a conscious decision to wage war on us, rather than mindless monsters, or worse - unwitting conscripts who are only in the heat of battle because someone else put them there. Knowing they are so very, very human makes it possible to at least offer them some kindness and mercy at the end; if you only see them as monsters, well, I believe Nietzsche had some choice words about the abyss... Play it again, Sam."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 12:32

Colin grinned at Francesca, "Well, I'm sure Mirri will hand you exactly the serving you need. That's a beautiful knack she has."

"Huh?"
Francesca said sounding a bit confused.
"Ah, a bit of a peculiarity then, not unusual in mages."
She said as she headed out.
"I will be right back, do anyone else want anything?"
She asked and Freddy shook her head.
"I am fine the others might want something though."

He beamed at Freddy, "Oh, that's sweet of you. Hum, seems love and affection is on the rise, even in the middle of this clusterfuck."

The Virtual Adept smiles.
"Well there is no time one need love more than when times are hard."
She said and put her hand on Colin's arm, letting it linger there for just a moment before she walked over to her seat and sat down.

He chuckled, "Oh, I can see the advertisements already... 'Got corrupted tass? Wainwright will take care of your problems for a modest fee. Vulgar display of magic included for free. Paradox surcharges will be applied.' Or something like that.

"Well you like Paradox don't you love."
Freddy grinned.
"But all joking aside it might actually be something we can use at times as a payment for favors to other Chantries and it might rise your standing in the Traditions love."

Then again, I rather look forward to seeing how high the Fallen will fly when I start detonating the tass reserves in their possessions. It is an ugly, malevolent flare, and it couldn't happen to any better people..."

"Well that might literary light a fire under Lisa Larson's ass, not to mention that I have a feeling the Fallen will get just as stressed as we do when someone fuck with her Quintessence supplies."
Freddy said and gave a big, content smile at that.

He set his plate down and frowned, "I've spoken with a couple of them, remember? I'm quite aware they are people; they have fears, dreams, affections, just like the rest of us. It... does make it a little easier, though, knowing that they are people who made a conscious decision to wage war on us, rather than mindless monsters, or worse - unwitting conscripts who are only in the heat of battle because someone else put them there.

"I...guess you are right love, but at the same time fighting to take down someone you know have a favorite meal, who might be in love, who like to watch movies and have dreams to follow is that much harder than fighting someone you can convince yourself are just horrors, even if you know deep down inside that off course they are people, to have it demonstrated right in front of you are still...unsettling."
She said and sigh.

Knowing they are so very, very human makes it possible to at least offer them some kindness and mercy at the end; if you only see them as monsters, well, I believe Nietzsche had some choice words about the abyss... Play it again, Sam."

"You are right off course, but at the same time it is so terrifying to think that a mage, being like us could willingly sell themselves to the Nephandi and enter a Caul, to corrupt their very Avatars, the beings we have with us to protect and grow with until our death, to betray that Core of our beings, how can anyone do that...and to see someone who have done so also be so normal, be sad, grieving and scared....be so human...well in a way that is frightening."
She muttered as she pressed play on her tablet and the conversation between Martha and her apprentice again sounded in the small rom.

"David...thank goodness I reached you, listen I do not have allot of time, the staff will stop me if they find me...please my apprentice...my son...if you are sent to Boston, refuse, run away, I do not care how, just do not go...only pain await you here..."
You hear a terrified sounding, tired female voice that spoke very quickly.
"Wait...Mentor is that you...thank the seven hells...where have you been the boss is livid...I have been so worried, tell me where you are and I will come and get you."
A young male voice said.
"No...no never come here...never...she sells widderslaintes...she sells us...no...stay away...there are no widderslaintes in this Labyrinth my son...none, they are all gone...do not come or the Italians will get you...please David never come to Boston, do not let the Italians get you...not the Italians..."
The woman hissed then she started sobbing pitifully, the boy tried to calm the woman down.
"Mentor please...what have happened, pull yourself together please, I will get you and I will fucking kill whoever hurt you, who are these Italians?"
He tried but Martha just sobbed.
"No...you can do nothing...save yourself, do not let yourself be sent to Boston..."
She repeated pleadingly.
"You are a important member of this Labyrinth mentor, a proud Eater of the Weak, there is no way I will leave you in trouble...now is someone holding you prisoner...mentor please..."
The boy pleaded with his mentor.
"I am a Eater of the Weak no longer apprentice...I am nothing, you can not save me, you are all I have left child...do not come to Boston...do not let her sell you to the Italians as well...not the Italians!"
Again the woman sobbed and now there where more voices on the line.
"Fuck the dumb bitch have gotten hold of a phone!"
A man shouted.
"Damn it, take it from her before she hurt herself with it, restrain her and...tap her spine again, no anesthesia...that will teach her to cause problems!"
A second man ordered and then Martha screamed as they apparently tackled her.
"Do not come to Boston! Do not come to Boston!"
She shouted as her apprentice shouted her name then one of the orderlies swore.
"Fuck she is not trying to kill herself...she is calling someone, they might have heard what I said you should do to her!"
He exclaimed and the other one swore as well.
"End the call...end the call!"
He demanded and just as David shouted.
"Let her go or I will cut your livers out and..."
The call was discontinued.

Freddy sigh and looked down at her tablet computer.
"And that was all of it love..."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 13:16

Colin nodded, "The cook's precognitive when it comes to food, and only to food. Seems a more useful knack than my being able to tell what a die roll or card draw will be."
He smiled thinly, "Quite... Seems young Thomas, Chief Joakim's apprentice, has found himself someone for mutual support... Seems both the young lads have been through some rough times, to put it mildly. But they looked fond of one another; more power to them, I'd say."

He gingerly touched his dinner with a fingertip to test the heat of it, "Oh, yes, I'm quite certain the method will find some use. Especially if I can teach it to others, as well; there should be some substantial acknowledgment from the, hm, academic community for that alone - or what do you think, Adley? Should I share such an important development, or should I be miserly and selfish about it?"

He sighed, "Luv, I fought in Desert Storm. I fought no monsters there, just soldiers who were there because someone else had sent them there. They were ALL just people with favourite foods and movies; as frightened as anyone else in the whole mess. As for how anyone can walk into a Caul and do that to their Avatar... Suffice to say there are people who did so with the noblest of motives. Beatrice's previous incarnation... Molly's... hm... suffice to say, it seems a substantial number of Fallen did not make the wrongest choice to serve themselves."
He listened quietly to the recording, eyes darkening; a steel-like hardness entering them as the Italians were mentioned. After it was finished, he forcefully stabbed his spoon into his food "Bloody d'Angelos, I expect... Luv, can you get a copy of that to my phone? If I am to barter with miss Jerkins again, I believe I shall need that. It will shock her to her core, and might be what we need to get her to give us access to Abigail. Hmmm... I'll need to think on this a little."
He ate in silence; determined and intent, almost so one could hear the little gears creak in the back of his mind.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 13:36

Colin nodded, "The cook's precognitive when it comes to food, and only to food. Seems a more useful knack than my being able to tell what a die roll or card draw will be."

"Well that is an interesting ability."
Francesca said and smiles.
"And useful if you are the cook."
She agreed.

He smiled thinly, "Quite... Seems young Thomas, Chief Joakim's apprentice, has found himself someone for mutual support... Seems both the young lads have been through some rough times, to put it mildly. But they looked fond of one another; more power to them, I'd say."

"That is sweet...and yes I think often the best therapy is to find someone who can understand what you are going through."
Freddy said and smiles.
"I hope the two young men you speak of will be happy together then."

He gingerly touched his dinner with a fingertip to test the heat of it, "Oh, yes, I'm quite certain the method will find some use. Especially if I can teach it to others, as well; there should be some substantial acknowledgment from the, hm, academic community for that alone - or what do you think, Adley? Should I share such an important development, or should I be miserly and selfish about it?"

The food was hot, but not to hot to eat it had cooled a bit on your way up the stairs to the room your group had been given for your stay.
"Well by Tradition law you can get paid for instruction Colin, a discovery like this might help you get some of the status and standings you lack due to not being a member of a Tradition, if you handle it wisely."
Freddy said from her chair as she took a bite of her food and did something on her tablet.

He sighed, "Luv, I fought in Desert Storm. I fought no monsters there, just soldiers who were there because someone else had sent them there. They were ALL just people with favourite foods and movies; as frightened as anyone else in the whole mess. As for how anyone can walk into a Caul and do that to their Avatar... Suffice to say there are people who did so with the noblest of motives. Beatrice's previous incarnation... Molly's... hm... suffice to say, it seems a substantial number of Fallen did not make the wrongest choice to serve themselves."

"Yes...and I know with the Union it is like that, they are people and while I hate the fucking Top Hats and Mirror Shades with a passion..."
Freddy's eyes grew dark for a moment as she looked up from her tablet.
"I can at least understand them, they do not want to just destroy reality like the Fallen do. But yes you are right it is not a good thing to see anyone as just monsters, and I guess it is just hard to be reminded of that in such a way as this recording."
She said and her gaze softened again.

He listened quietly to the recording, eyes darkening; a steel-like hardness entering them as the Italians were mentioned. After it was finished, he forcefully stabbed his spoon into his food "Bloody d'Angelos, I expect... Luv, can you get a copy of that to my phone? If I am to barter with miss Jerkins again, I believe I shall need that.

"D'Angelos, you mean like in Vittoria and oh what was her brother's name? Dominic? But why would they be involved in this love they are Guernicus, they are highly respected in the Traditions, even if Vitoria is a bit of a bitch queen, how could they have anything to do with Nephandi?"
Freddy asked sounding rather shocked at what Colin was saying.
"Yeah sure I can send a copy to you. Adley want it kept under lid for now though, so do not spread it to far okey?"
She asked and tapped at her screen to send a copy of the file to Colin.
"It is probably best if more than one of us have it in case something happens to the medium it is stored on."
She commented.

If I am to barter with miss Jerkins again, I believe I shall need that. It will shock her to her core, and might be what we need to get her to give us access to Abigail.

"It will shock her alright...I mean she care for these people? And whatever happened to this Martha Cunningham it can not be good."
Freddy agreed darkly.
"I am not sure she would let us hurt her mentor over it though, but it is worth a try."

Hmmm... I'll need to think on this a little."
He ate in silence; determined and intent, almost so one could hear the little gears creak in the back of his mind.

Freddy nodded she stopped talking and focused on her own food though she was more picking at it than eating right now, worry on her face.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 14:24

Colin nodded, "I rather expect the Horizon Umbral Port might take great interest in, well, efficient disposal of tainted tass confiscated from smuggling attempts, for example."
He frowned, "I don't know exactly how they got involved in this... but all the evidence I've seen and heard so far points to a simple conclusion: The d'Angelo twins have stared too long into the abyss. They might not be Fallen, but they certainly have fallen far from the ideals they were supposed to uphold. Obviously, my angry statements can't leave this room, as such, but I can no longer see how those two misanthropes are not in violation of the Law against Conspiring with the Enemies of Ascension."
He sighed, "Yes, it will shock miss Jerkins... I don't think she will let us simply waltz in and attack her Mentor, but she might be willing to let us send the recording to Abigail... If we can get it sent quickly enough, the reinforcements to Larson might be stopped, and their association severed. I'm fairly certain that can be defended as 'divide and conquer' rather than as 'conspiring with the Fallen', should it become an issue. Shit, when were the reinforcements leaving, and what time is it now?"

He finished his dinner and assaulted his dessert, "Oh, this is good... hmm... let me see now... I would hazard it to be reasonably safe to expect the mental facility not to be a Technocracy front. Seems to be not their style, for starters. Probably not a Tradition-operated facility, either, nor would I expect it to be run by the Fallen. Changing folk, doesn't seem likely... Vampires, perhaps; it might be a useful spot for them to hide people who know too much without killing them, and keep an emergency food reserve at the same time. Odds are good it is a Sleeper facility, though. What we need is a way to sneak out miss Cunningham from there, and possibly any other former widderslaintes that might've been dumped there, as well..."
He took a hearty swig of his tea, "Hmmm, sneaking into such a place will be complicated; they likely have decent surveillance and thuggish guards... and evacuation protocols. If the fire alarm is tripped, the whole place should be immediately evacuated, and it's a safe bet that with all the patients outside, it would be the best timing to arrange a few accidental escapes, depending on how many ex-widderslaintes are there..." He gave Adley a wink, "Say, Adley, can you think of anyone suited to lead such an operation on short notice? Preferably someone with a bit of control over fire?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 14:56

Colin nodded, "I rather expect the Horizon Umbral Port might take great interest in, well, efficient disposal of tainted tass confiscated from smuggling attempts, for example."

"I would suspect that they would indeed be quite interested in such a rote love, not to mention that some might find it useful to use to balance out areas of Resonance that might not be tainted but where there are still to much of one type to be safe, or desirable to work in."
Freddy said and smiled.

He frowned, "I don't know exactly how they got involved in this... but all the evidence I've seen and heard so far points to a simple conclusion: The d'Angelo twins have stared too long into the abyss. They might not be Fallen, but they certainly have fallen far from the ideals they were supposed to uphold. Obviously, my angry statements can't leave this room, as such, but I can no longer see how those two misanthropes are not in violation of the Law against Conspiring with the Enemies of Ascension."

"Well if, and do not the if here Colin, the D'Angelos have been getting widderslaintes from the Nephandi then yes they would be very much in violation of Protocol, but to even breathe such a suspicion without proof about two high ranking Quaesitores is dangerous as hell."
Freddy warned then she sigh.
"And they hate the Nephandi, is not that the problem with them? They are to zealous? Is not that why they went after Beatrice and Miss Florentine? Why on earth would they be having anything to do with the Nephandi? And also what would the Fallen get out of handing their own people over to two Traditionalists, that just do not add up."

He sighed, "Yes, it will shock miss Jerkins... I don't think she will let us simply waltz in and attack her Mentor, but she might be willing to let us send the recording to Abigail... If we can get it sent quickly enough, the reinforcements to Larson might be stopped, and their association severed.

"Hum...sneaky but yes I suspect that Abigail would not be to fond of hearing her favorite student screaming in a nut house, and while we do not know who she was given to the recording pretty much confirms that Larson sold her out, if something can stop those reinforcements it would be it."

I'm fairly certain that can be defended as 'divide and conquer' rather than as 'conspiring with the Fallen', should it become an issue. Shit, when were the reinforcements leaving, and what time is it now?"

"It is seven of five right now."
Freddy said then she asked.
"Do we know when the reinforcements are leaving? Also yes I think something like that would be allowed, then again it will spread the recording, so if Adley felt it should be kept hidden we might have a bit of a problem there."
She added.

He finished his dinner and assaulted his dessert, "Oh, this is good... hmm... let me see now... I would hazard it to be reasonably safe to expect the mental facility not to be a Technocracy front. Seems to be not their style, for starters.

"No anything run by them would not have this kind of lax procedures, it would most likely be a hellhole but it would be squeaky clean on the surface, that is how they operate."
Freddy muttered and scratched her head.
"It would not be a place that had been reported to the authorities several times for abusing their patients, being sloppy is not the bloody Top Hats style, or they would have been easier to deal with."

Probably not a Tradition-operated facility, either, nor would I expect it to be run by the Fallen

"As far as I know the Traditions have no such facilities at all and certainly not in Boston, could be the Fallen, they like places of suffering and despair but it do not seam so or Martha would probably have mentioned that..."
The Virtual Adept reasoned.

Changing folk, doesn't seem likely... Vampires, perhaps; it might be a useful spot for them to hide people who know too much without killing them, and keep an emergency food reserve at the same time. Odds are good it is a Sleeper facility, though. What we need is a way to sneak out miss Cunningham from there, and possibly any other former widderslaintes that might've been dumped there, as well..."

"I think chances are the places are just a shit place run by sleepers who just do not care."
Freddy said then she nodded.
"Well if we get some false papers on being related to the woman getting her out might be doable, worst case someone could pick her up through the Umbra or port her..."
She muttered then she looked up from her tablet.
"Former widderslainte we assume then that Martha Cunningham have been...well you know?"
She ashed and shuddered at the thought.
"Well some of it do sound like she have but that is a really chilling thought, do you think there are more of them in there?"

He took a hearty swig of his tea, "Hmmm, sneaking into such a place will be complicated; they likely have decent surveillance and thuggish guards... and evacuation protocols. If the fire alarm is tripped, the whole place should be immediately evacuated, and it's a safe bet that with all the patients outside, it would be the best timing to arrange a few accidental escapes, depending on how many ex-widderslaintes are there..."

"Well if someone are doing...that...to widderslainte then likely they are just dumping them on the street then it seams so it is not so likely more than one would be in one hospital since it seam the police just drove Miss Cunningham to the closest mental facility to where they found her."
Freddy said.
"Causing a ruckus and then sneaking someone away though that might be the best and easiest way to do it."
She agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 15:24

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "What would the Fallen profit, indeed... I can think of a few things, first and foremost cover from Tradition scrutiny. Consider this: you have a Nephandi leader who finds a supply of widderslaintes who are perhaps less stab-happy than she would like; flawed and defective widderslaintes, from her point of view. You are also aware of some Quaesitors known for hunting down widderslaintes with an almost feverish dedication. Then consider that those Quaesitors might be bribed by getting more widderslaintes to gilgul in exchange for looking the other way - and forcing others to do the same in a more or less underhanded manner - and let the Fallen work in peace. It's... frighteningly plausible, and such a simple thing, too. Especially if the Fallen in question has some leverage against the Quaesitors, as well. Not to mention the pain and suffering they'd be inflicting on..."
He frowned for a moment, "Oh, fuck... I just connected another couple of dots. Larson isn't just selling the widderslaintes to be destroyed, she's handing them off to be destroyed in a specific manner, in a specific place. She'll have had God knows how many flayed by now, and the cumulative Resonance must be... dreadful. Just the sort of environment she would need for, well, pretty much anything she would want to do. We know there's a tainted node on a Sears Tower rooftop. That was built in the seventies; we're talking about some 45 years of execution, tops, and that cumulative suffering has created a node there. And I expect the vampires' rate of executions was lower than Larson's..."
He frowned, "They'd want to go after Beatrice and miss Florentine because they can represent proof that a widderslainte can cleanse her Avatar... Proof like that would imperil the entire precedent on which they rely."
He sighed, "I believe it is fair to assume Martha Cunningham is no longer in possession of her Avatar. In her own words, she is an Eater of the Weak no more... It seems prudent to expect a chance there are others in her condition deposited there; if the police picked her up and delivered her there, that certainly suggests she was not the first... Probably in other similar facilities as well. If we can rescue them and keep them, well... lucid long enough, they would be able to testify in a trial, perhaps..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 16:11

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "What would the Fallen profit, indeed... I can think of a few things, first and foremost cover from Tradition scrutiny. Consider this: you have a Nephandi leader who finds a supply of widderslaintes who are perhaps less stab-happy than she would like; flawed and defective widderslaintes, from her point of view. You are also aware of some Quaesitors known for hunting down widderslaintes with an almost feverish dedication. Then consider that those Quaesitors might be bribed by getting more widderslaintes to gilgul in exchange for looking the other way - and forcing others to do the same in a more or less underhanded manner - and let the Fallen work in peace. It's... frighteningly plausible, and such a simple thing, too. Especially if the Fallen in question has some leverage against the Quaesitors, as well. Not to mention the pain and suffering they'd be inflicting on..."

"Well I doubt that all the widderslainte that have gone missing is so called flawed ones, we where told by well several Fallen now that there are hardly any widderslainte in the Boston Labyrinth so if Larson is selling them to someone she is grabbing her own guys as well, but then I do not put it past her to do that if she think it will be beneficial to her cause..."
Freddy said and sigh.
"What you propose do make a sick kind of sense though love, but even so without any proof, even speculation of this kind might be dangerous, if Martha can give us some of that proof though, then that is another matter all together, if she could for example describe these Italians she is so terrified of...and that description fit the D'Angelos."
She said then continued.
"Well that is assuming it is them and that they have not changed their appearance when doing their deeds, but fuck it, Vittoria D'Angelo are the senior Enforcer of our Tribunal love, she will know just about everything that is going on, if she have been selling us out to the Nephandi to go Gilgul happy, two words I never expected to use right after one another, on widderslaintes then the Fallen know just about everything there is about the magi of Boston, the Chantries, how many we are, nodes...everything...sweet heaven I hope you are wrong!"
The Virtual Adept said and she paled a little as the realization of what such a betrayal would mean sunk in.

He frowned for a moment, "Oh, fuck... I just connected another couple of dots. Larson isn't just selling the widderslaintes to be destroyed, she's handing them off to be destroyed in a specific manner, in a specific place. She'll have had God knows how many flayed by now, and the cumulative Resonance must be... dreadful.

"Hum...I spoke to Adjan after he cleaned up the large ritual chamber back home after...Beatrice...well anyway he said just the Resonance from that was pretty disgusting and that was not completed, if you do several...deeds like that in one place, you might create one hell of a Node...literary but then now we are entering a realm of speculation, not that we have not been speculating all the time we do not know the D'Angelos are involved with this or why Lisa Larson might be turning against her own men and women."
Freddy said and played with one of the bright green plastic bits hanging of her cyber dreads.

Just the sort of environment she would need for, well, pretty much anything she would want to do. We know there's a tainted node on a Sears Tower rooftop. That was built in the seventies; we're talking about some 45 years of execution, tops, and that cumulative suffering has created a node there. And I expect the vampires' rate of executions was lower than Larson's..."

"There is a secondary problem we might be having if Larson have made herself a Node with this, and it is a cruel but effective one."
Freddy said and she put the rest of her food away, she did not feel like eating anything more right now.
"I spoke with Master Telar and she said that Avatars when they are...well destroyed, they shatter and the fragments well they tend to just swirl around in the Umbra...and when they get close tot he Gauntlet they attach themselves to it, creating a spiky barrier...now generally this is not a problem since so few Avatars are ever destroyed the splinters do not get to build up, but the Technocracy are theorizing that if allot of Avatars where destroyed at once it might make the Umbra all but impossible to travel and if it is done in one area then the splinters might form a spike trap for your Avatar in the Umbra...just around that area that would be this Node we are speculating about, preventing anyone from coming at Larson from the Umbra...I do not know if that is something she would use, but yeah...it is a nasty possibility, or perhaps she is using those splinters around the Labyrinth to prevent anyone from attacking it from the Umbra, a localized barrier of sharp little Avatar bits...again just speculation but..."
She muttered looking rather nauseated at the thought.

He frowned, "They'd want to go after Beatrice and miss Florentine because they can represent proof that a widderslainte can cleanse her Avatar... Proof like that would imperil the entire precedent on which they rely."

"Yes...I guess you are right about that, it is pretty cold hearted though."
Freddy muttered.
"Very...very cold hearted..."

He sighed, "I believe it is fair to assume Martha Cunningham is no longer in possession of her Avatar. In her own words, she is an Eater of the Weak no more...

"I...guess you are right love..."
Freddy muttered.
"Poor woman, if that is the case the least her attackers could have done was kill her afterwards and not left her to suffer..."

It seems prudent to expect a chance there are others in her condition deposited there; if the police picked her up and delivered her there, that certainly suggests she was not the first... Probably in other similar facilities as well. If we can rescue them and keep them, well... lucid long enough, they would be able to testify in a trial, perhaps..."

"Well they probably have procedures of where to take someone when they pick up those who are mentally ill."
Freddy said sounding a bit doubtful.
"But yes we can not rule it out. Well if Martha Cunningham have been...Gilgulled...and she have some useful information or we need her to testify and we need to keep her alive and lucid we will probably need the help of the Mercere, for I have no idea how to do that, few but them have had much success in that unhappy endeavor...but we are getting ahead of ourself, first we need to figure out if we are going to rescue her, then how to do it and then we can assess Miss Cunningham's condition and what we should and should not do with her."
Freddy said and sigh.
"More threads for the clusterfuck."
She complained and looked rather frustrated.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 19:34

"Ok, but other than trying to prevent someone from snuffing out Martha if she is still alive, before we can talk to her, is there a reason why we are keeping this a secret?" Freddy asked. "And I assume we are going to tell Colin, Richard and Adjan?"

"And our Chief...Narim. The reason is that if we cast wide speculation or it gets to the general scuttle, it could cause problems until we're sure what we're dealing with - or whom."

"We could see if the Chief could send someone to get her out of the hospital though, it might be easier for those home in Boston to do so than us here in Chicago right now." The Virtual Adept suggested.

He nodded. "I'll call in and see what the situation is," he suggested.

"I was going to go and fetch a bowl of caramel pudding for Liv for when she wakes up, I could fetch you another plate of food at the same time." Francesca offered as she stood. "It should not take me long to just run down to the first floor and get it."

He gave her a wry smile. "Better not, thank you though. Something to drink would be welcome though. Hang on before you go..."

"Well if you are up to it, or I can look for anything that connects to something else, though I can not as easily find general magick and spells." Freddy said as she begun eating again, the momentary shock of hearing the conversation between the two Nephandi fading enough for hunger to overcome her queasiness

"I'll just look, then if it appears a challenge I'll enlist help." He waved everyone over towards the sleeping girl, then took out a stack of books and put them there to examine as well on second thought. Then he cast an adapted form of the rote his pater taught him to sense the connections between things, not just the arcane ones but the static ones as well.

"Yes, I did but you certainly took your time at it...?"

"Well, that's bound to be useful," he agreed. "I do wonder how you managed something that complex....no offense of course. I'm thinking you must have another hidden talent."

"I would say that such a weapon against the enemy should be shared to maximize it's use...the Order will no doubt be crying into their morning gruel that they didn't find you when you were a young man and raise you themselves, so we could claim the feat for the betterment of our Houses," he said, a little wryly. "But seriously, for now I think we -need- to use it for what's coming and entrust it to our close allies at home. And then after...it should be proofed so that it's not so easy to be reversed and -then- you should find a way to signature it, give it an edge...something harder to replicate than the basic version. And I never did say to give it freely, Freddy is correct about that. But surely you would give your own amicus a discount?" he teased.

Knowing they are so very, very human makes it possible to at least offer them some kindness and mercy at the end; if you only see them as monsters, well, I believe Nietzsche had some choice words about the abyss... Play it again, Sam."
"You are right off course, but at the same time it is so terrifying to think that a mage, being like us could willingly sell themselves to the Nephandi and enter a Caul, to corrupt their very Avatars, the beings we have with us to protect and grow with until our death, to betray that Core of our beings, how can anyone do that...and to see someone who have done so also be so normal, be sad, grieving and scared....be so human...well in a way that is frightening.

"As we've realised it's not even so cut and dry as that, is it? We've found some circumstances where people rather -unwillingly- put themselves through the cauls, to save someone else..."

"Bloody d'Angelos, I expect... Luv, can you get a copy of that to my phone? If I am to barter with miss Jerkins again, I believe I shall need that. It will shock her to her core, and might be what we need to get her to give us access to Abigail. Hmmm... I'll need to think on this a little."

"Careful naming names in this place and making accusations...and any place," he warned them all seriously. "Why do you need this recording to barter with Jerkins? We've got her apprentice, I would deal that hand first...and as usual, do be careful with promises we can't fulfill...as I told the others, this message should be kept tightly, until we have enough to move on it. If she finds out she might be prone to talk about it to others before its the right time and I don't think that would be wise," he said. Then he let the man think in peace.

He took a hearty swig of his tea, "Hmmm, sneaking into such a place will be complicated; they likely have decent surveillance and thuggish guards... and evacuation protocols. If the fire alarm is tripped, the whole place should be immediately evacuated, and it's a safe bet that with all the patients outside, it would be the best timing to arrange a few accidental escapes, depending on how many ex-widderslaintes are there..." He gave Adley a wink, "Say, Adley, can you think of anyone suited to lead such an operation on short notice? Preferably someone with a bit of control over fire?"

"I would like to say that I think they're planning some kind of counter on us at home, that needs to be balanced against sending out others. And there's the node here, so it's a matter of timing and priorities. If by escapes you mean captures, then it could work. And I wonder if this has got to do with the hunters, somehow...who the hell they are selling them to?"

"Well that is assuming it is them and that they have not changed their appearance when doing their deeds, but fuck it, Vittoria D'Angelo are the senior Enforcer of our Tribunal love, she will know just about everything that is going on, if she have been selling us out to the Nephandi to go Gilgul happy, two words I never expected to use right after one another, on widderslaintes then the Fallen know just about everything there is about the magi of Boston, the Chantries, how many we are, nodes...everything...sweet heaven I hope you are wrong!"
The Virtual Adept said and she paled a little as the realization of what such a betrayal would mean sunk in.

"Now you know why we must walk quietly about this, for now...speculation alone is not enough and it is also highly dangerous to us."

He sighed, "I believe it is fair to assume Martha Cunningham is no longer in possession of her Avatar. In her own words, she is an Eater of the Weak no more... It seems prudent to expect a chance there are others in her condition deposited there; if the police picked her up and delivered her there, that certainly suggests she was not the first... Probably in other similar facilities as well. If we can rescue them and keep them, well... lucid long enough, they would be able to testify in a trial, perhaps..."

"She seems relatively aware, for having gone through such a thing. But it did seem so," he agreed.

"I spoke with Master Telar and she said that Avatars when they are...well destroyed, they shatter and the fragments well they tend to just swirl around in the Umbra...and when they get close tot he Gauntlet they attach themselves to it, creating a spiky barrier...now generally this is not a problem since so few Avatars are ever destroyed the splinters do not get to build up, but the Technocracy are theorizing that if allot of Avatars where destroyed at once it might make the Umbra all but impossible to travel and if it is done in one area then the splinters might form a spike trap for your Avatar in the Umbra...just around that area that would be this Node we are speculating about, preventing anyone from coming at Larson from the Umbra...I do not know if that is something she would use, but yeah...it is a nasty possibility, or perhaps she is using those splinters around the Labyrinth to prevent anyone from attacking it from the Umbra, a localized barrier of sharp little Avatar bits...again just speculation but..."

Adley paled as he thought about the ramifications. "That...is horrible. Freddy, if you see the Chief before us, tell him about that...I'm not sure what we could do about it, but surely there must be some way to deal with it...having a splinter of something in your avatar is..." He shook his head. "And if it's another avatar, another -Fallen- avatar...what if it could affect the nature of your own avatar, your resonance?"

"More threads for the clusterfuck." She complained and looked rather frustrated.

"You said it," he sighed. "I think we need to squeeze Jodelle, see if we can find out about Abigail and what they're up to here in Chicago, with that node. Get a timeframe on that. See if we have to stop them or get help to do so. Meanwhile, we can work on the Martha angle, call back home and see how to send this information securely enough and what's going on there, if they can send someone from home or if they're in the shit with something on the way already. We need more time, dammit. And I will need to sleep or get something to keep me up; I think I've got a few more hours in me before I fade," he warned. "Colin what do you think?"

// Colin, founder of the Tradition's first magickal hazmat squad! Call 1-800-got-junk!
Arete: 0,4 on the roll to check them out with correspondence and prime, for arcane and static trackers and such.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 20:49

"And our Chief...Narim. The reason is that if we cast wide speculation or it gets to the general scuttle, it could cause problems until we're sure what we're dealing with - or whom."

"I agree."
Freddy said and nodded.
"We do need to be careful."

He nodded. "I'll call in and see what the situation is," he suggested.

"Yeah that is a good idea, both to ask the Chief about this and to generally check in."
Freddy said and nodded.

He gave her a wry smile. "Better not, thank you though. Something to drink would be welcome though. Hang on before you go..."

"Something to drink then and a bowl of caramel pudding for Liv."
Francesca agreed.
"Sure I can wait."

"I'll just look, then if it appears a challenge I'll enlist help." He waved everyone over towards the sleeping girl, then took out a stack of books and put them there to examine as well on second thought. Then he cast an adapted form of the rote his pater taught him to sense the connections between things, not just the arcane ones but the static ones as well.

Everyone had some connection to everything else, that was just how things where and it was hard to determine just what all of those connections was, friendships, family bonds, bits of hair in their hairbrushes, all of the things that created connections, like fine lines joining each person to countless others like a mad spider's web, you do not find anything suspicious though or anything you think link your friends to Nicolai but you can not be sure.

"As we've realised it's not even so cut and dry as that, is it? We've found some circumstances where people rather -unwillingly- put themselves through the cauls, to save someone else..."

"I never thought about that...I mean if my Cabal...or..."
Freddy glanced from Francesca to Colin for a moment.
"Or my mentor when she was alive, I can understand the drive to do anything, absolutely anything to save a loved one...but selling your Avatar! That is a steep price."

If she finds out she might be prone to talk about it to others before its the right time and I don't think that would be wise," he said. Then he let the man think in peace.

"One problem with showing the recording to Jerkins that I just thought of."
Freddy said and paused as Francesca excused herself to fetch some coffee for the group and a dessert for Liv.
"Is that this Nephandus will be sent to Horizon where Dominic D'Angelo are an Enforcer, he will have access to her and might learn what we know from her."
Freddy warned.
"And that would not be good you know if the wonder twins are involved I mean."

"I would like to say that I think they're planning some kind of counter on us at home, that needs to be balanced against sending out others. And there's the node here, so it's a matter of timing and priorities. If by escapes you mean captures, then it could work. And I wonder if this has got to do with the hunters, somehow...who the hell they are selling them to?"

"Hunters? Like sleeper witch hunters, fuck when they did they get involved in this mess."
Freddy exclaimed.
"Well it might be them who know what powers they have and what they can do to someone, we should not jump to conclusions and ignore other options just yet...and to be honest I sort of would be relieved if it is hunters that are the problem and not high ranking Traditionalist Enforcers...but I fear Colin might be closer to the truth of this than the hunter theory though."
The Virtual Adept said then she added wryly.
"Then again getting burned at the stake is no fun I am told."

"Now you know why we must walk quietly about this, for now...speculation alone is not enough and it is also highly dangerous to us."

"Yeah I know, if we talk about this openly the D'Angelos can rain down a shit storm like no others on our heads and we loose any chance of figuring this out. I will be careful."
Freddy agreed.

"She seems relatively aware, for having gone through such a thing. But it did seem so," he agreed.

"I have never met anyone who have been...well that...other than Micah Gregario and his apprentice but he at least seam rather alert and aware so it seams some are able to handle it better than others...but then again there are other horrible things that could have befallen Martha Cunningham which could explain her state...though yes if I where to guess at what is wrong with her then...well Gilgulled would be on the top of my list."
Freddy muttered darkly.

Adley paled as he thought about the ramifications. "That...is horrible. Freddy, if you see the Chief before us, tell him about that...I'm not sure what we could do about it, but surely there must be some way to deal with it...having a splinter of something in your avatar is..." He shook his head.

"If we decide that me teleporting home to give him the memory stick is the best option then I will tell him yes."
The Virtual Adept said then she sigh.
"I do not know what could be done about it, destroying the splinters perhaps...I would not know that is more Master Telar's table than mine, I am just repeating what I heard her say."
She commented then she gave Adley a odd look when he talked about having a splinter in one's Avatar, it was not like she knew, the Chief had not spread the information about his apprentice's injury beyond those had had to know like Cita.

"And if it's another avatar, another -Fallen- avatar...what if it could affect the nature of your own avatar, your resonance?"

"I suspect it could change your Resonance but I do not know what it could do beyond that. I am more concerned with the equilibrant of rolling an Avatar in broken glass for that is something I do not think is pleasant."
Freddy muttered and looked a little green around the gills at the thought.
"Master Telar probably know what would happen if someone got a piece of Nephandus soul in them though."

"You said it," he sighed. "I think we need to squeeze Jodelle, see if we can find out about Abigail and what they're up to here in Chicago, with that node. Get a timeframe on that. See if we have to stop them or get help to do so.

"I agree Colin might be your man for that though he seamed to get the prisoner to if not like him then at least be friendly, she might listen to him more than the rest of us and if we have her apprentice then that might be enough."
Freddy said and nodded.

Meanwhile, we can work on the Martha angle, call back home and see how to send this information securely enough and what's going on there, if they can send someone from home or if they're in the shit with something on the way already.

"What then gentlemen if you call home Adley, and I teleport home with the memory stick, I know Chief Morgan can teleport it to him himself but right now with what is coming it is better than I get the Paradox than him, while Colin have a talk with the prisoner and Francesca watch over Liv when she get back? That way we get three things done at once and once we are all gathered again we can discuss further what to do from there?"
The technomancer suggested.

We need more time, dammit. And I will need to sleep or get something to keep me up; I think I've got a few more hours in me before I fade," he warned.

"I can not help with time but...well Master Harris is a relative of mine, magickal linage wise, him and my mentor had the same mentor so that make him sort of like my uncle and he is a Master of Time I might be able to talk him into making a time bubble to get some rest in, pay him back with offering to do some of the basic and boring coding that take up the bulk of a new rote but that I can do before he then can finish the program to his specifications, anyway offer to do some of the grunt work as payment, also I think Francesca is getting some coffee."

(OOC: Hehehe yeah. I am sure a few mages would call that service to, not to mention that there are a few fantasy settings that would love Colin and his new rote. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 21:06

Colin smiled to Adley, "Patience is a virtue, my man... In case you hadn't noticed, there was an enthusiastic dinner line in the mess hall, and I'm sure I was no less hungry than you..."
He smiled, "That's the thing, really... It's not complicated, it's incredibly simple. However, the effect is vastly more... coloured by the tass than it would be by the caster's Resonance, and that is not something easily circumvented. To put it into concepts perhaps closer to your heart - you don't have to eat a wooden log to create a bonfire. All you have to do is heat the wood sufficiently. At the core, it is the same principle; tass is simply quintessence in a raw, solid form, and can be used to fuel an effect as easily as throwing a log on the fire. I could show you with another dram of miss Jerkins' hideous stuff, once we're in a place where it is safe and prudent to do so. Ah, I still have Molly's three gems on me; those are still too valuable as evidence, should it come to that."
He nodded, "Certainly, some of the widderslaintes will be more inclined to, well, suffice to say, not many of them are pearly white. But the point is there's a whole bloody lot of grey, ass opposed to the all-black image the Traditions paint."
He sighed, "You're absolutely right about names, Adley - but at some point, everyone needs to be on the same page about the specifics... and now we can use 'the Italians' for the remainder of the conversation."
He smirked a bit, "Well, luv, if you were to sport red hair, you might be able to pass for Wendelin the Weird. But lacking that witch's skill with fire, avoiding burning might indeed be the wiser path."
Frowning, he continued, "Of course I know of the Avatar shard theory - it was how I bought Beatrice five more minutes while Master Tolle inspected Vittoria... A distasteful maneuver, perhaps, and impudent, but as he said, well within the Letter of the Law. Hm, speaking of, I believe Master Tolle would be our best bet for handling the judicial aspects for us, if we get just that one piece of hard proof we need... More urgently... how well would a light Primium-clad shuttlecraft be likely to hammer through such a spiky cloud? Seems it should be able to keep its passengers sheltered, but I'm admittedly largely ignorant on the subject."
He pondered, "I wonder, though... Tane Karyak, the New Zealander... or is he Australian? One of the two, I think... Anyway, he has a remarkable rapport with Avatars; it would seem he can coax them out of their normal hiding places just by singing. Combine that with Cita's quite deep understanding of the subject, perhaps the two could find some means of detecting and containing the problem? Congealing that many Avatar fragments into one place, though... one might wonder if it could be possible to lump them into a single semi-sentient consciousness with a nasty grudge against the Nephandi?"
He sighed, "Jerkins' apprentice is a good card if we are to go fishing. I'm fairly certain her loyalty to Abigail and her Labyrinth is of such a nature, though, that that recording would be an immediate game changer... and depending on how long before the reinforcements depart, if there is any time at all, it might make all the difference... If, of course, the reinforcements have already gone, or there are several hours to go, I'll not play that file before expending other options. The... issue with who she'll end up in the hands of does muddy the waters... Damn."
He stroked his chin thoughtfully, wiping a small smudge of pudding away, "I think you are right about the sleep, though - Half an hour would be golden, a whole hour would be a bleeding miracle, but in the meantime, caffeine can keep us going a little while longer."
He looked up at Freddy, "This Master Harris is here, now? If so, that would be wonderful... A few hours in the blink of an eye would be perfect for all of us, I think..."

((OOC: I'd be wary of that hotline. Sounds like the number of choice for a gay or transsexual phone sex hotline. I think 1.800-BAD-TASS might be better...))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 22:09

He nodded, "Certainly, some of the widderslaintes will be more inclined to, well, suffice to say, not many of them are pearly white. But the point is there's a whole bloody lot of grey, ass opposed to the all-black image the Traditions paint."

"Yes you are probably right about that."
Freddy said and sigh.

He smirked a bit, "Well, luv, if you were to sport red hair, you might be able to pass for Wendelin the Weird. But lacking that witch's skill with fire, avoiding burning might indeed be the wiser path."

"Well I think I will try to avoid witch hunters rather than dye my hair but then again i guess they might ahve gotten smart and gone with guns these days rather than you know bonfires."
The Virtual Adept muttered.
"You know they are more effective if you want to kill someone, especially someone who can get quite dangerous if you give them a minute to get their magick going."

Frowning, he continued, "Of course I know of the Avatar shard theory - it was how I bought Beatrice five more minutes while Master Tolle inspected Vittoria... A distasteful maneuver, perhaps, and impudent, but as he said, well within the Letter of the Law. Hm, speaking of, I believe Master Tolle would be our best bet for handling the judicial aspects for us, if we get just that one piece of hard proof we need...

"Tolle was the tall black man who was in charge of the six Spirit Masters right?"
Freddy asked.
"I never met the man when he was at Steelhaven...I bet D'Angelo made quite a face when you got that stunt approved, and I also suspect that she might not like you to much now."
The Virtual Adept muttered.
"You better watch your back with her love, it is never a good idea to piss off a Master of the Art though in this case it was necessary to do so, such things generally comes with a price to be pain when you least want to."

More urgently... how well would a light Primium-clad shuttlecraft be likely to hammer through such a spiky cloud? Seems it should be able to keep its passengers sheltered, but I'm admittedly largely ignorant on the subject."

"You would think so, I do not know though, one more question for Master Telar I think, she probably know the specifics of it, it is sort of her field."

He pondered, "I wonder, though... Tane Karyak, the New Zealander... or is he Australian? One of the two, I think... Anyway, he has a remarkable rapport with Avatars; it would seem he can coax them out of their normal hiding places just by singing. Combine that with Cita's quite deep understanding of the subject, perhaps the two could find some means of detecting and containing the problem?

"The new guy, short, stocky and have a walking mountain of a man with him for a bodyguard? New Zealander I think but I am not sure we have not been formally introduced, the ability you speak of do sound wondrous though, I mean if the shards I spoke of is an problem, as now it is just speculation, but if it turns out to be true, it could never hurt to ask him for help."

Congealing that many Avatar fragments into one place, though... one might wonder if it could be possible to lump them into a single semi-sentient consciousness with a nasty grudge against the Nephandi?"

"Yeah well I am not so sure I would want a hostless frankentar running around in Boston, that do not strike me as a good thing."
Freddy said and raised an eyebrow.

The... issue with who she'll end up in the hands of does muddy the waters... Damn."

"I mean D'Angelo do not have to be a part of her case, he might not, there are many Enforcers on Horizon of various Traditions but he might and if he is involved then the chances he will stick his nose into things increases."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.

He looked up at Freddy, "This Master Harris is here, now? If so, that would be wonderful... A few hours in the blink of an eye would be perfect for all of us, I think..."

"Yes he is the one who read the recording out of the timeline for us, he is one of Morningstar's Deacons. I mean I do not know him that well but he is family so I could ask him for help."
Freddy said as she fished her phone out of her pocket.

As you spoke Francesca returned, or rather you hear her voice outside the door.
"My hands are full can someone let me in?"
Outside the door she stood with one pot of coffee and one with hot water for tea and even managed to balance a bowl of dessert and a small mental box of tea leaves in her hands.

(OOC: Well let us hope the ones who call are not Norwegians then for here or at least in the dialect I speak a tass is a nickname for a certain part of male anatomy, so that would be just as bad Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 22:52

"Hm...I don't see anything that jumps out at me," he concluded as he finished looking them over. "I can't be sure of course but I don't see anything like I did before."

"I never thought about that...I mean if my Cabal...or..." Freddy glanced from Francesca to Colin for a moment. "Or my mentor when she was alive, I can understand the drive to do anything, absolutely anything to save a loved one...but selling your Avatar! That is a steep price."

"The steepest..." he said, looking troubled. Poor Beatrice...her situation was because she decided to save him...Dylan...and his avatar.

"One problem with showing the recording to Jerkins that I just thought of." Freddy said and paused as Francesca excused herself to fetch some coffee for the group and a dessert for Liv. "Is that this Nephandus will be sent to Horizon where Dominic D'Angelo are an Enforcer, he will have access to her and might learn what we know from her." Freddy warned."And that would not be good you know if the wonder twins are involved I mean."

"Right, that's what we need to avoid."

Colin smiled to Adley, "Patience is a virtue, my man... In case you hadn't noticed, there was an enthusiastic dinner line in the mess hall, and I'm sure I was no less hungry than you..."

"I've already eaten. I'm just contemplating more dessert."

He smiled, "That's the thing, really... It's not complicated, it's incredibly simple. However, the effect is vastly more... coloured by the tass than it would be by the caster's Resonance, and that is not something easily circumvented. To put it into concepts perhaps closer to your heart - you don't have to eat a wooden log to create a bonfire. All you have to do is heat the wood sufficiently. At the core, it is the same principle; tass is simply quintessence in a raw, solid form, and can be used to fuel an effect as easily as throwing a log on the fire. I could show you with another dram of miss Jerkins' hideous stuff, once we're in a place where it is safe and prudent to do so. Ah, I still have Molly's three gems on me; those are still too valuable as evidence, should it come to that."

He nodded at his explanation. "Interesting. Heat up the area around it, not directly. Yes I'd like to see, later. And I agree we should keep that tass of Molly's somewhere safe."

"Well it might be them who know what powers they have and what they can do to someone, we should not jump to conclusions and ignore other options just yet...and to be honest I sort of would be relieved if it is hunters that are the problem and not high ranking Traditionalist Enforcers...but I fear Colin might be closer to the truth of this than the hunter theory though."

"True enough. But there are some involved, it seems more of a mercenary situation."

He sighed, "You're absolutely right about names, Adley - but at some point, everyone needs to be on the same page about the specifics... and now we can use 'the Italians' for the remainder of the conversation."

"I disagree - not everyone. But yes I trust those in the immediate vicinity; it is more the fact we're in a strange chantry. We need to be careful." Hell, even their own chantry was not inviolate anymore. It saddened him.

"If we decide that me teleporting home to give him the memory stick is the best option then I will tell him yes." The Virtual Adept said then she sigh. "I do not know what could be done about it, destroying the splinters perhaps...I would not know that is more Master Telar's table than mine, I am just repeating what I heard her say." She commented then she gave Adley a odd look

He glanced back at her, more concerned about the fact there could be who knew how many splintered avatars that could be in the umbra - despite the fact they were Fallen, some might have been saved...and they presented a real and challenging threat if they were being employed that way. He didn't say anything about the umbrood shard - the truth of it was, he half-thought that his friends knew about that now whether he'd told them or not.

Frowning, he continued, "Of course I know of the Avatar shard theory - it was how I bought Beatrice five more minutes while Master Tolle inspected Vittoria... A distasteful maneuver, perhaps, and impudent, but as he said, well within the Letter of the Law. Hm, speaking of, I believe Master Tolle would be our best bet for handling the judicial aspects for us, if we get just that one piece of hard proof we need... More urgently... how well would a light Primium-clad shuttlecraft be likely to hammer through such a spiky cloud? Seems it should be able to keep its passengers sheltered, but I'm admittedly largely ignorant on the subject."

Congealing that many Avatar fragments into one place, though... one might wonder if it could be possible to lump them into a single semi-sentient consciousness with a nasty grudge against the Nephandi?"

So that's what had happened...well, he could not be anything but grateful he'd found some way to hold them off. "I have no idea, I don't know anything about airships. At least in this lifetime. But avatars are different than other ephemera, such as umbrood..."

"That's one of the more disturbing things I've heard all day, Colin and I think it would be extremely unwise, if it was even possible. But perhaps he could...'Pied Piper' them, so they won't bother us?" Then as Freddy speaks and says Frankentar he winced, shaking his head.

"What then gentlemen if you call home Adley, and I teleport home with the memory stick, I know Chief Morgan can teleport it to him himself but right now with what is coming it is better than I get the Paradox than him, while Colin have a talk with the prisoner and Francesca watch over Liv when she get back? That way we get three things done at once and once we are all gathered again we can discuss further what to do from there?"

"Make a backup copy and store it somewhere very safe before you leave? Or would that just be more trouble...there are more things I'd like to bring home too but maybe that's not a good idea...I'm loathe to lose your help," he said. Especially since Adjan was...busy. "but of course you are helping," he added.

He sighed, "Jerkins' apprentice is a good card if we are to go fishing. I'm fairly certain her loyalty to Abigail and her Labyrinth is of such a nature, though, that that recording would be an immediate game changer... and depending on how long before the reinforcements depart, if there is any time at all, it might make all the difference... If, of course, the reinforcements have already gone, or there are several hours to go, I'll not play that file before expending other options. The... issue with who she'll end up in the hands of does muddy the waters... Damn."

He looked at Colin. "Remember the letter I got, and your...vision that led us earlier, if that has to play out, then we can't afford to show the hand too early. I would not play that message to her; as Freddy said before you came in, on the chance it is them, they're -there- that would just be giving them ammo to use against us."

"I can not help with time but...well Master Harris is a relative of mine, magickal linage wise, him and my mentor had the same mentor so that make him sort of like my uncle and he is a Master of Time I might be able to talk him into making a time bubble to get some rest in, pay him back with offering to do some of the basic and boring coding that take up the bulk of a new rote but that I can do before he then can finish the program to his specifications, anyway offer to do some of the grunt work as payment, also I think Francesca is getting some coffee."
He stroked his chin thoughtfully, wiping a small smudge of pudding away, "I think you are right about the sleep, though - Half an hour would be golden, a whole hour would be a bleeding miracle, but in the meantime, caffeine can keep us going a little while longer."

"Well, if you can get us some rest then I will owe you a favor in return," he told her. "It would be better than returning home completely used up. Plus...if I sleep there is a chance I might not wake up for a while, it could be a day or even two, I just don't know. I can't stay awake forever and coffee is not going to do it anymore. Though I want to do my best not to make it cost us, my avatar seems to have its own plans for my copious 'free time.'" He pushed his hair back away from his face. "Let's see how the timing on all this goes down, then and work in some rest. We'll have to."

He stood up to let Francesca back into the room.

// lol funny you mention that as there is a legit haul-away company with that exact number
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 23:38

Colin gave Freddy a brief frown, and shook his head, "Luv, we're going to have to get you reading; you're missing out on all the great references, like Harry Potter jokes..."
He shook his head, "No, you still have to heat it up directly, of sorts - like holding a match to the kindling., as it were. It's... I'm sure I can explain it better by showing you. But, later. Actually, I think you could probably create far more impressive results than I can at this stage..."
He nodded, "Yes, Tolle was the leader of the ritual - the man in charge. And he disapproved of Vittoria's tactics when he heard what she'd been up to... And yes, an unrestrained Frankentar would certainly be a horror, considering the, um, component parts, however a larger concentrated... mass might be easier to capture and contain than a cloud of loosely affiliated spiky bits. But I think Cita and mr. Karyak would be better able to theorize on that subject."
He grinned, "That's mr. Karyak, yes. And his Custos, Coawa, is a wereshark - a Rokea. Just avoid any Jaws or Sharknado jokes around them; the big guy is a little sensitive, I think."
He sighed, taking out his notebook, "Right, so, the recording stays on my phone as a backup; that's not for miss Jerkins right now. Now, I don't have all the details in mind right now, and I'm not sure I ever heard all the details, so... let me cross-reference a little here. Miss Jerkins' apprentice: Name and location. We have her journals; aside from the experiments she ran toward the end, was there anything enlightening and pertinent? What could Molly tell us while I was sorting out our friend with the car trouble? Hm, someone remind me to get a new notebook, I seem to be running out of pages. No matter. Let's see what we know and what we can infer with some amount of certainty..."

((OOC: Tass is also a "pet name" for people or pets of... diminuitive size. Or very large people or animals, actually. I've met both a midget and a full-grown Great Dane called that... Very Happy ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 3:14

He sighed, taking out his notebook, "Right, so, the recording stays on my phone as a backup; that's not for miss Jerkins right now. Now, I don't have all the details in mind right now, and I'm not sure I ever heard all the details, so... let me cross-reference a little here. Miss Jerkins' apprentice: Name and location. We have her journals; aside from the experiments she ran toward the end, was there anything enlightening and pertinent? What could Molly tell us while I was sorting out our friend with the car trouble? Hm, someone remind me to get a new notebook, I seem to be running out of pages. No matter. Let's see what we know and what we can infer with some amount of certainty..."

"Well, somewhere safe as backup at any rate. On the back of a photograph of the man, was written...shit I should have taken that," he said with a scowl. "Anyway, I recall that it said, 'remember me mentor, and thank you for letting me go. I will always hold you in my heart, love Oscar.' We have their phone number. Ah! That reminds me too, someone needs to tell the Chief here about the post office used by the Mercere in Gary, I almost forgot about that."

Then he closed his eyes and thought of what Molly had said. "Here's the thing. If what we heard from Molly was accurate, Jodelle was asking if the problems in Boston would affect Malden, and wanted to warn someone there, someone called Dominico...but she was told that contacting the Traditionalists would be punished. It also seems that in Malden Chantry has someone that goes by the way of Oscar Dominico in House House Ex Miscellanea. Unlikely as it sounds, it seems she let this man go because and he joined the Traditions. Whether or not he has his own agenda there or not can't be said but she is still fond of him enough to not want him harmed."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 3:18; edited 1 time in total
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 3:15

"Hm...I don't see anything that jumps out at me," he concluded as he finished looking them over. "I can't be sure of course but I don't see anything like I did before."

"That is good."
Francesca said and smiles.
"I guess that means we can be reasonably sure this vampire is not tracking us at the moment at least, then again you never know."

"The steepest..." he said, looking troubled. Poor Beatrice...her situation was because she decided to save him...Dylan...and his avatar.

"Yeah I...well it sort of make you feel terrible for those who have been in that situation."
Freddy muttered softly.

"True enough. But there are some involved, it seems more of a mercenary situation."

"I guess everyone is invited to this clusterfuck then, us, the Nephandi, several werewhatevers, vampires and now sleeper hunters...the more the merrier it seams."
Freddy crossed groups of on her fingers while she grumbled.
"I really do want to strange Lisa Larson you know."

"I disagree - not everyone. But yes I trust those in the immediate vicinity; it is more the fact we're in a strange chantry. We need to be careful." Hell, even their own chantry was not inviolate anymore. It saddened him.

Freddy nodded at that.
"You never know who the ones you are meeting around her really are, they sure seam nice enough though."
She commented.

He glanced back at her, more concerned about the fact there could be who knew how many splintered avatars that could be in the umbra - despite the fact they were Fallen, some might have been saved...and they presented a real and challenging threat if they were being employed that way. He didn't say anything about the umbrood shard - the truth of it was, he half-thought that his friends knew about that now whether he'd told them or not.

Freddy looked rather disturbed herself about what she was talking about, she looked at Adley for a moment but she did not comment anything and did not seam to know anything about the Umbrood shard stuck in his Avatar and she decided to to ask what the look he had given her meant, that was his business not hers.

So that's what had happened...well, he could not be anything but grateful he'd found some way to hold them off. "I have no idea, I don't know anything about airships. At least in this lifetime. But avatars are different than other ephemera, such as umbrood..."

"They are on another plane and are more complex are they not?"
Freddy asked and sigh.
"I guess that is why none of us can agree what they are, I mean some say spirits, some say a part of a God and some even think they are a part of our brains."
She said and touched her own head lightly.

"That's one of the more disturbing things I've heard all day, Colin and I think it would be extremely unwise, if it was even possible. But perhaps he could...'Pied Piper' them, so they won't bother us?" Then as Freddy speaks and says Frankentar he winced, shaking his head.

Freddy gave Adley and apologetic look then she said.
"Well the paid piper idea is a good one, if we could use that to get the shards somewhere safe that would be useful but again, not my department."

"Make a backup copy and store it somewhere very safe before you leave? Or would that just be more trouble...there are more things I'd like to bring home too but maybe that's not a good idea...I'm loathe to lose your help," he said. Especially since Adjan was...busy. "but of course you are helping," he added.

"I can make a copy and encrypt it, now encryption is never completely safe but it should be fairly protected."
Freddy said and glanced down at her tablet again and begun tapping at it.
"Hum...I can bring some more thing along, but not another person, I just do not know how to do that sorry, as for my help I should be able to go home, get the memory stick to Chief Morgan and then get back here again fairly quickly."
She said and smiled.
"Once programmed my rotes tend to be rather fast to set off."
She gave a proud smile at that.

"Well, if you can get us some rest then I will owe you a favor in return," he told her. "It would be better than returning home completely used up. Plus...if I sleep there is a chance I might not wake up for a while, it could be a day or even two, I just don't know. I can't stay awake forever and coffee is not going to do it anymore.

"Seeking?"
Freddy asked as she tapped out a message on her phone to her uncle.
"Nah we are here working together you would not owe me anything but if you want to do something you can get me a hot meal while I work on the coding I will be offering to repay Master Harris with for this."
She suggested as she sent the message.
"None of us will be any good if we just collapse from exhaustion, sleep will make us sharper and more able to fight back against these bastards."

Though I want to do my best not to make it cost us, my avatar seems to have its own plans for my copious 'free time.'" He pushed his hair back away from his face. "Let's see how the timing on all this goes down, then and work in some rest. We'll have to."

"Avatars can be assholes at times."
Freddy said and grinned.
"I would say smack it but then again something tells me that would not be comfortable...ok then I have asked Master Harris for help and we will have to see what he have to say about it."

He stood up to let Francesca back into the room.

Francesca smiles to Adley and hands him the coffee pot.
"Well then some coffee and I also have some tea and thank you."
She said as she put the tea on the table and found some cups from the nearby shelf and poured herself some hot water and put tea leaves in a strainer.

Colin gave Freddy a brief frown, and shook his head, "Luv, we're going to have to get you reading; you're missing out on all the great references, like Harry Potter jokes..."

"I have seen the movies."
Freddy said and grinned back.
"Watching the movie of a book takes so much less time than reading the book itself."

He nodded, "Yes, Tolle was the leader of the ritual - the man in charge. And he disapproved of Vittoria's tactics when he heard what she'd been up to...

"Hum...and you think he might be the man to go to with this if we get proof? Why?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

And yes, an unrestrained Frankentar would certainly be a horror, considering the, um, component parts, however a larger concentrated... mass might be easier to capture and contain than a cloud of loosely affiliated spiky bits. But I think Cita and mr. Karyak would be better able to theorize on that subject."

"Yes and it might not be a good topic to theorize about right after dinner love."
Freddy said then she sigh.
"In either case yes Master Telar and this Mr Karyak might indeed be the ones to ask about this."

He grinned, "That's mr. Karyak, yes. And his Custos, Coawa, is a wereshark - a Rokea. Just avoid any Jaws or Sharknado jokes around them; the big guy is a little sensitive, I think."

"Wait...wait...a were-what-now? You are telling me that meat mountain turns into a freaking fish?"
Freddy asked and raised an eyebrow.
"Well I guess I have heard stranger but still...that is pretty unusual."

(OOC: I will reply to the new post I just want to post this in case the forum decide to eat the post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 3:24

"Well, somewhere safe as backup at any rate.

"I have a back up to now..."
Freddy said and tapped at her tablet.
"I have encrypted it and stored in in my virtual Sanctum."

Ah! That reminds me too, someone needs to tell the Chief here about the post office used by the Mercere in Gary, I almost forgot about that."

"First of all the Mercere have a post office as their headquarters that is...so fitting it is funny."
Freddy said then she asked.
"What is up with them by the way did you learn anything?"

Anyway, I recall that it said, 'remember me mentor, and thank you for letting me go. I will always hold you in my heart, love Oscar.' It seems that in Malden Chantry has someone that goes by the way of Oscar Dominico in House ExMis. We have their phone number.

"So Jerkins apprentice is with the Traditions? Do we think he is a double agent of some sort of what is up with him? I mean depending on his status there are various threats we can use against her."
The Virtual Adept commented as she went to get some coffee.
"Do you want anything hot to drink Colin?"
She asked absent minded while poured herself a cup.

Then he closed his eyes and thought of what Molly had said. "Here's the thing. If what we heard from Molly was accurate, Jodelle was asking if the problems in Boston would affect Malden, and wanted to warn someone there, someone called Dominico...but she was told that contacting the Traditionalists would be punished. Unlikely as it sounds, it seems she let this man go because and he joined the Traditions. Whether or not he has his own agenda there or not can't be said but she is still fond of him enough to not want him harmed."

"Well I would say that if Lisa Larson summons an honest to God, stuff of your nightmares freaking Aswadim then that will affect Malden yes...perhaps we could just offer Jerkins to warn this, what did you say his name was? Oscar Dominico? Of what is happening and get him as far away from Boston as possible, if she truly care for him...well I guess it depends what she cars for the most, him or her mentor."
Freddy said.
"Or how much she fears her mentor..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 3:43

"They are on another plane and are more complex are they not?" Freddy asked and sigh. "I guess that is why none of us can agree what they are, I mean some say spirits, some say a part of a God and some even think they are a part of our brains."

"They are of a spiritual nature, at least as far as that is conceived be someone. Still, yes they are on a different plane. I've learned a lot in a little time but if I'm going to help figure out what I want to see in the end, make the promise I gave Beatrice come true, then I'll need to learn more."

"Hum...I can bring some more thing along, but not another person, I just do not know how to do that sorry, as for my help I should be able to go home, get the memory stick to Chief Morgan and then get back here again fairly quickly.

"I understand."

"Seeking?" Freddy asked as she tapped out a message on her phone to her uncle.

"That's my feeling on it. I hope it's not the other thing," he said, rubbing his face.

"Nah we are here working together you would not owe me anything but if you want to do something you can get me a hot meal while I work on the coding I will be offering to repay Master Harris with for this." She suggested as she sent the message. "None of us will be any good if we just collapse from exhaustion, sleep will make us sharper and more able to fight back against these bastards."

"I'll do so then, assuming I can. Thank you."

"Avatars can be assholes at times." Freddy said and grinned. "I would say smack it but then again something tells me that would not be comfortable...ok then I have asked Master Harris for help and we will have to see what he have to say about it."

"Probably not a good idea...it's just the timing, as usual..."

"Well then some coffee and I also have some tea and thank you." She said as she put the tea on the table and found some cups from the nearby shelf and poured herself some hot water and put tea leaves in a strainer.

At this rate, he thought wryly, if any vampires tried to take a bite out of him, instead of the juice box they're been expecting they were just going to find 100% shade-grown Arabica. He'd much rather that he'd disappoint and dissuade them of any such notion, of course. But he really was feeling like he was running on adrenaline, caffeine and stubbornness alone at this point.

"So Jerkins apprentice is with the Traditions? Do we think he is a double agent of some sort of what is up with him? I mean depending on his status there are various threats we can use against her."

"Don't know, that's as far as we got. But we do have his phone number."

"Well I would say that if Lisa Larson summons an honest to God, stuff of your nightmares freaking Aswadim then that will affect Malden yes...perhaps we could just offer Jerkins to warn this, what did you say his name was? Oscar Dominico? Of what is happening and get him as far away from Boston as possible, if she truly care for him...well I guess it depends what she cars for the most, him or her mentor."
Freddy said. "Or how much she fears her mentor..."

"Because even if he is with the Traditions now, if he turns out to be widderslainte it will be complicated and might count as warning an enemy. In any case, he will be looked at carefully for hiding such a thing. Having a Nephandic mentor, even an ex-mentor, is not something the Order will look upon kindly, after all."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 6:10

"They are of a spiritual nature, at least as far as that is conceived be someone. Still, yes they are on a different plane. I've learned a lot in a little time but if I'm going to help figure out what I want to see in the end, make the promise I gave Beatrice come true, then I'll need to learn more."

"I know very little about them, I mean have no idea what they are, mine chat with me online, but what he is, I have no idea."
Freddy said and sigh.
"It is a little strange to think about something with a consciousness living in my soul though, but I am glad he is there, I am never alone with him around."

"I understand."

"Just figure out what you want me to bring back and I will program the rote to teleport there."

"That's my feeling on it. I hope it's not the other thing," he said, rubbing his face.

"Yeah that is no fun, I doubt anyone would blame you for going a little bit crazy right about now though."

"I'll do so then, assuming I can. Thank you."

Freddy just smiles at that.

"Probably not a good idea...it's just the timing, as usual..."

"Hum Avatar spanking, I am sure you can find some very kinky Cultists who are into that...but yes probably not a good idea."
Freddy said with a playful grin.
"Timing though seam to be against us this week."

"Don't know, that's as far as we got. But we do have his phone number."

"Well we could always talk to the man, but if he is a double agent I doubt that he is going to tell us as much, but then any information we could get on him might be a good thing."

"Because even if he is with the Traditions now, if he turns out to be widderslainte it will be complicated and might count as warning an enemy. In any case, he will be looked at carefully for hiding such a thing. Having a Nephandic mentor, even an ex-mentor, is not something the Order will look upon kindly, after all."

"They can not sentence us for warning the enemy if we do not know he is an enemy can we?"
Freddy asked then she shook her head and sipped her coffee.
"Ah who am I kidding they probably can but yeah if he is a peaceful Traditionalist we might be bringing trouble to his doorstep, so the question is, what do we do?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 11:10

Colin nodded, "Oscar Domenico, House Ex Miscellanea in Malden... Interesting place to hide, I suppose... Right, that should be enough to lure out a few details from miss Jerkins, at least..."
He smiled, "A Seeking underway, Adley? Good luck with that, and let us hope yours takes no longer than mine did."
He grimaced at Freddy, "Watching the movie instead of the book is a barbaric practice, luv, and tends to either cut out half the good parts or change them entirely for no good reason. The two are... incomparable. Oh, the movie can yet be good, but it's often a different story from the book. Oh, and a cup of tea, if you please..."
He leaned back, stroking his chin thoughtfully, "I believe Master Tolle would be the right person to pass on the evidence - or at least a copy thereof - to. I believe I have the measure of him, and he is not the sort who is prepared to bend the Law to conform to his sense of Justice; quite the contrary, in fact. I believe if he finds that what he does will end up unjust and merciless, he will still do it if it is in accord with the Law. He has a certain ruthless inflexibility, which I suspect will be a great asset in bringing... certain high-ranking individuals to trial. He is not entirely unsympathetic, but he doesn't let it cloud his judgment, as it were. In short, I believe the man to be an absolute legalist, for better or for worse, and there is nothing better to bring down corrupt authorities and making it stick."

He sighed, "The question then remains, how much else do we need to do in Chicago before we get back? Will we actually deal with Nicolai and his irksome ilk? Will we get the information on Mr. Domenico and save or doom him? Do we blow out the node on Sears Tower from a seemingly safe distance, or just inform the Prince of what one of his little sycophants is trying to trade away?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 11:32

Colin nodded, "Oscar Domenico, House Ex Miscellanea in Malden... Interesting place to hide, I suppose... Right, that should be enough to lure out a few details from miss Jerkins, at least..."

"I hope you are right and that you manage to get the prisoner to tell us at least something of what we need to know, good luck love."
Freddy said but she looked a bit doubtful.

He smiled, "A Seeking underway, Adley? Good luck with that, and let us hope yours takes no longer than mine did."

Freddy glanced at Adley.
"Yes good luck..."
She said but both she and Francesca looked concerned, a Seeking while needed and often desired as it was the path to greater understanding was still often both dangerous and traumatic and under these circumstances that might be doubly so, but then again when an Avatar wanted to communicate with the host few things could stop it.

He grimaced at Freddy, "Watching the movie instead of the book is a barbaric practice, luv, and tends to either cut out half the good parts or change them entirely for no good reason. The two are... incomparable. Oh, the movie can yet be good, but it's often a different story from the book. Oh, and a cup of tea, if you please..."

"It fit my cooking then love, was it not you who called my microwave meals barbaric as well?"
Freddy said with a bit of a smile as she poured hot water in a cup and added tea leaves to a strainer and handed it to Colin.
"But yes I get your point and I might read the books as well one day when I have the time for it."

He leaned back, stroking his chin thoughtfully, "I believe Master Tolle would be the right person to pass on the evidence - or at least a copy thereof - to. I believe I have the measure of him, and he is not the sort who is prepared to bend the Law to conform to his sense of Justice; quite the contrary, in fact. I believe if he finds that what he does will end up unjust and merciless, he will still do it if it is in accord with the Law. He has a certain ruthless inflexibility, which I suspect will be a great asset in bringing... certain high-ranking individuals to trial. He is not entirely unsympathetic, but he doesn't let it cloud his judgment, as it were. In short, I believe the man to be an absolute legalist, for better or for worse, and there is nothing better to bring down corrupt authorities and making it stick."

"You might be right Colin, he might be the one to go to if we have hard evidence but he also sounds like someone who can be as dangerous as the twins themselves unless we handle him with absolute care."
Freddy said as she sat down and sipped her coffee.
"Hum...just law with no ethics behind it, that sounds more like a Technocrat than a Traditionalist, but then, that is exactly what he is are it not, a Traditionalist is not that what the faction who believe in the absolute adherence to the letter of the law within House Guernicus are called?"
Freddy said and then glanced over at Adley as that might be something he knew better than his Orphan friend.
"We would need more evidence before contacting Master Tolle though I think."
She added.

He sighed, "The question then remains, how much else do we need to do in Chicago before we get back? Will we actually deal with Nicolai and his irksome ilk?

"Nicolai no he is not important in this, getting a hold of that Node on the Sears Tower or preventing the Nephandi from accessing it though are."
Francesca said from the chair she was seated in.
"And if we could find some way to deal with this Abigail person and grant her the Good Death then that would be a boon as well, no more allies for Larson, or at least one less ally."

Will we get the information on Mr. Domenico and save or doom him?

"Well he is a bit on an unknown in this, on one side I have no desire to bring trouble to the man, on the other hand Malden is very close to Boston and if his loyalty is still with the Nephandi I would not want such a wildcard active when shit hits the fan tomorrow."
Francesca said and sigh.
"I guess it also depends on how much we have to dig up about him to get Jerkins to talk."

Do we blow out the node on Sears Tower from a seemingly safe distance, or just inform the Prince of what one of his little sycophants is trying to trade away?"

"Do you think the vampire leader will even understand it even if we tall him what Quintessence is, he will not be able to use it, why would he care if Nicolai trade it away?"
The Euthanatos said. Freddy looked up and muttered.
"He would not care about that I guess, but he might care that Nicolai nearly started a war between mages and vampires."
She said though Francesca looked doubtful.
"To inform this man...the Prince is that his title? Anyway to inform him about how pissed off we would get if Nicolai turned Liv we would have to tell him why we would be so irked and do we really want the bloodsuckers to know just how dangerous they are to us?"
She asked.
"No better to try to take out the Node itself then and leave the vampires out of it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 18:57

"Just figure out what you want me to bring back and I will program the rote to teleport there."

"Very well," he said, taking out a notebook and pen and scratching something out.

"Let's hope so."

"They can not sentence us for warning the enemy if we do not know he is an enemy can we?" Freddy asked then she shook her head and sipped her coffee. "Ah who am I kidding they probably can but yeah if he is a peaceful Traditionalist we might be bringing trouble to his doorstep, so the question is, what do we do?"

"Like I said, having a previous mentor that was a Nephandi is not bound to go down well with anyone in the Order, not even in the House of Hash."

"Hum...just law with no ethics behind it, that sounds more like a Technocrat than a Traditionalist, but then, that is exactly what he is are it not, a Traditionalist is not that what the faction who believe in the absolute adherence to the letter of the law within House Guernicus are called?" Freddy said and then glanced over at Adley as that might be something he knew better than his Orphan friend.
"We would need more evidence before contacting Master Tolle though I think."

"He is a man of the letter of the law - the sort of man we'd need to review prospective changes to the laws so they can be revised so they are less falliable to manipulation against their intended purposes. Still, he is completely neutral. I admit to finding his removed and cold nature from what he does to be quite horrible. Though we -did- give him pause. I saw it. And I believe he has been giving us the laws as they stand, without twisting them. So if there is a solid case built...the thing is, things progress rapidly so we must in turn be rock solid and air tight as we can be in turn." He sighed, catching Freddy's look. "I keep finding out how progressive my pater's teachings were every day. I thought...well, never mind. But I think you're right, Freddy. That's why we need to be careful."

"Yeah that is no fun, I doubt anyone would blame you for going a little bit crazy right about now though."

He shrugged. "I asked for a raincheck, I don't know how long that will last. Hence me telling you if I don't wake up, you might want to see if you can put more time on the bubble..."

He sighed, "The question then remains, how much else do we need to do in Chicago before we get back? Will we actually deal with Nicolai and his irksome ilk? Will we get the information on Mr. Domenico and save or doom him? Do we blow out the node on Sears Tower from a seemingly safe distance, or just inform the Prince of what one of his little sycophants is trying to trade away?"

"I don't think we should talk to the Prince, as I was told he's ruthless and we don't have anything to offer them. Dealing with him is bound to be more than dangerous. From what I understand, he's not a stupid man. He knows that the node is worth something and that he can't use it himself, or he would not put it on offer now and he knows what he thinks he knows what he's getting in return. My general take is that he feels he would be getting magickal protection without the bother of House Tremere. To appease them, or perhaps because the Prince and this Nicolai are entwined, the Prince gave the girl to Nicolai. In turn, that caused one of the Elders to say it would cause a problem, which it did. Now the Tremere after us. In the meantime, the brokered deal is at risk - and I doubt the Prince is willing to let his 'pet magii' and their offer of protection go so there will be some type of counter offer. So I don't think all of that has quite finished. Let's see what Jerkins says about it, make sure to link up the Boston troubles with those here and we might get something on that."

"Nicolai no he is not important in this, getting a hold of that Node on the Sears Tower or preventing the Nephandi from accessing it though are." Francesca said from the chair she was seated in. "And if we could find some way to deal with this Abigail person and grant her the Good Death then that would be a boon as well, no more allies for Larson, or at least one less ally."

"I would prefer to bring Abigail in than just kill her and let her start over if we can, put an end to her plans once and for all. She is bound to know what the hell is going on and she's been doing this a long time. But first we need to find her...speaking of vampires though if we do manage to get something on her, we have some help on offer. But the night is waning and there's too much to do. So, let me call in. Colin, may I please have one dram of the tass that you have?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat 16 Apr 2016 - 20:08

Colin nodded, "I don't think Master Tolle is so much horrible as, well... an Absolute. If I were to compare him to someone fictional, I might suggest Judge Dredd, if you are familiar with the character... Ruthless and absolute, but when he sees the law is wrong and abused, he will work to change it, with legal methods within the system. He is not a quick fix, but he does represent probably the most certain path to getting a reliable change, if we can produce the proof we need. We can not go there too early."
He sighed, "Well, I suppose I could just light up the node and galumph laughing into the night, but we rather need some message delivered at the same time, to point out that that's the price of dealing with the Nephandi and bartering with one of ours as a commodity. We might avoid giving a clear impression of why vampires are dangerous to us, and present it more as a matter of keeping our own and, well... subtle and quick to anger, really. However, lighting up the node like that will alert every Technocrat from here to..." He made a few rough guesstimates, "Probably from here to Milwaukee. The paradox will be one thing, but, well, it would decidedly violate the Rule of Shade. Well, maybe not; I could probably manage to do it unseen, and after the blowout, I'm sure people wouldn't be looking my way. The Union would probably give the vampires a hard time, though..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top