Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Warpmind on Mon May 09, 2016 4:35 pm

Colin slowly let go the knife and closed his eyes, letting a sensation he hadn't felt for a quarter of a century wash over him... His eyes opened, his scarring faded, old and new pain forgotten... His other half had taken over, frantically going through every experience Colin had ever had; every moment of training, every word he had read, every conversation overheard, anything that could increase the probability of survival past the next few minutes, just like when the helicopter exploded in fire and blood and pain...
His breath was calm as he processed everything he knew about the gilgul process, everything about qlippothic magic, anything that might be relevant...

((OOC: Oh, sonofabitch... Well, now it's time to wait for Adley to respond, I guess - I do have an idea for something Colin's Avatar can try, but... I'm not sure it would work, or even be permissible. Wink Colin himself is not in the office now, though, but you can leave a message after the beep... Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon May 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "True, but it won't stay up permanently... I estimate the odds of any friendlies pushing through over the next couple of minutes being virtually insignificant compared to Fallen reinforcements. After that... well, once the problem inside the cellar is dealt with, we can set up a kill zone at the portal instead; a little easier to evaluate targets when our backs are free."

"Point," he agreed. Plus most people seemed to look, even when jumping through portals.

"We could just blow it up." Magda suggested, I am more concerned with what surprises those inside the room might have planned for us than I have what they might have done on the door."

"I think it is thin enough to kick down."

"If we are beating the door down physically, I will do it I did a few...improvements in the car." Kristina said with a bit of a smile. "My Sphere of preference can be used for more than just healing you know."

He gave her a quick grin.

"Quick is never good...the point of the move though is pure terror, if one member of a group have his head ripped clean of chances are the others will stop and think before attacking."

"They have been using terrorist tactics, all the more reason to stop them."

"Well it works more like the personal shields in a book series named Dune would work, if you have ever read them, though this will not blow up on you, but rush jobs are what they are."

"I seem to really need to read this book," he said.

"Ok shall we make the flash there and then the rest of you deal with the door." She said as she and Hayden made their rotes ready.

Adley nodded to them. "Let me know, I will tell the elementals," he said. When he got the go, he asked them, "If you can make a distraction away from the door without letting the Mercere come to great risk, that would help us get inside."

The volley at the door was not welcome and he heard rather than saw Freddy go down. He stepped across to cover Kristina so she could move to get to Freddy until Jerome got in place.

"Fuck, should I stay with the tunnel through the air wall and keep that open or help you guys fight?" She shouted over the noise.

"If we need to move Freddy out we're going to need to go that way."

But when he saw the woman begin to cast he began a countermove, drawing on his prime and spiritual ars to stop her from whatever she was doing.

// ouch D: Freddy. Adley has a prime scan up - can I get a turn in to counterspell what she was doing with spirit since I didn't get any turns? It's a bit frustrating to come into a battle last cuz I went to sleep IRL
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon May 09, 2016 5:11 pm

(OOC: Normally Avatars do not act outside of the host, not even in self defense, they might act through the host but not independently as long as they are incarnated. Four and five dot Avatars might act outside the host and Primodials do at times, they are always the odd ones, but a rather small Pattern usually would not, however player characters tend to be exceptions to the rule, and whatever will make a good story or an epic scene that are possible by the cannon of the setting I am go for even if it is unusual so what if you post your idea OOC and we will see. But yes the Avatar more or less taking over that do work, they can do that, especially if the host do not resist, they are after all the host, for as long as they are incarnate they are both a separate entity and a part of the host himself.)

Colin:

In your incarnated state you do not know much about Gilgul, you know more than your host but can not follow realize it, perhaps that was part of the point of your incarnation, to learn through the eyes of a less perfect being, if you where everything you could not learn, or grow, but through incarnation you could learn, you do know that your host...your physical self, this man who is both you and other, is your protection, nestled in his soul you are safe, but now that this female Fallen hold you, an offense in itself, to be touched by someone else than your host, in your physical life you are for him and him alone, but touched by her, grabbed by her you are vulnerable and if you sustain enough damage you will die, and then so will he...eventually. You have your host's experiences to draw on though and you know that destroying you takes a great deal of effort so either the Nephandi woman have built up power during a longer working and then just waiting for a victim to grab, or she is dangerously powerful, or she will not be able to destroy you, she can do considerable damage though and that will hurt and traumatize your host...disrupt your path...his path...

Adley:

He gave her a quick grin.

Kristina gave a smile back, many thought Life was just for healing, but the Sphere had quite a few other uses and she was growing quite adapt at them.

"They have been using terrorist tactics, all the more reason to stop them."

"You do have a point Sodalis and I never said we should not stop them, only that they might have nasty surprises for us in there, my Mentor say there are three things you do not want to do as a mage, leave your tools at home, invite a Paradox spirit home for tea and go after a Master that have had the time to prepare for your attack."

"I seem to really need to read this book," he said.

"Oh I do recommend it when you get the time to read fiction."
Hayden said with a bit of a sigh that said that between teaching his apprentice, doing work for his Chantry, his own studies and helping his old Mentor time for such a simple pleasure was in short supply for him these days.

Adley nodded to them. "Let me know, I will tell the elementals," he said. When he got the go, he asked them, "If you can make a distraction away from the door without letting the Mercere come to great risk, that would help us get inside."

Freddy nodded at that.
"Yes finding a way to do it that will not endangers the Redcaps should not be to hard...ok...I have a good spot..."
She muttered.
"Ready when you guys are."

The volley at the door was not welcome and he heard rather than saw Freddy go down. He stepped across to cover Kristina so she could move to get to Freddy until Jerome got in place.

Kristina seamed hardly to know you where there she was completely focused on her working, Amadeus had said it himself, head wounds where...tricky and this work required the black haired Verbena's full attention, the fight could just as well not be happening for how much attention Kristina showed it as she continued to carve symbols into her own arms and then using the blood to gently paint other symbols onto Freddy's forehead. Jerome though gave you a nod as he took over guarding the two women so his Chantrymate could work in peace.

"If we need to move Freddy out we're going to need to go that way."

Magda nodded at that.
"I will stay here and maintain our route of escape then."
She agreed though she looked a bit frustrated she wanted to help her mentor and friends.

But when he saw the woman begin to cast he began a countermove, drawing on his prime and spiritual ars to stop her from whatever she was doing.

The Nephandus had not harmed your friend yet, only moved into position to do so, so now that you knew about her rote moving to counter it might work and she might not expect that, a direct attack on her person yes, and attack on her magick itself, perhaps not.

(OOC 2: Yes off course, do a counterspell for Adley, the Nephandus have only basically grabbed Colin and not harmed him so he might be lucky and get her rote off him. Also sorry about that, I was thinking of only moving along with what affected Colin and got a bit to eager, I have never been good GMing fight scenes, again I do apologize, so sorry about that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon May 09, 2016 5:35 pm

"You do have a point Sodalis and I never said we should not stop them, only that they might have nasty surprises for us in there, my Mentor say there are three things you do not want to do as a mage, leave your tools at home, invite a Paradox spirit home for tea and go after a Master that have had the time to prepare for your attack."

"Smart man. Sometimes one has to do what they don't want to do, though to save others."

And that was it...he wanted to protect his friends and allies. Because he cared. Just like his pater had said to let it make him stronger. So when Colin ran to slay the Nephandi that had shot Freddy, when he heard the lick of the dragon's tongue language against his ears,he focused on disrupting it with everything he had - this was a Master of the Ars and he -needed- to make a dent in her working. He focused on the destructive rending magick brought on by her words and applied the same principle to stop her as he had with the tunnel, now that he understood better how Qlippothic ars functioned. He used prime and spirit to countermand it and filled it with the righteousness of his own vim. He had her sounding Words, a Name of some sort for her...she -existed- in this material world even as she tried to unmake it around her and not one iota of that was in her favor. If he could even weaken the work, strengthen reality, just a bit it could falter...he drew on the rock-like,grounding strength provided by his allies. His hands talked the words that Susanna had reminded him of, the simpler way...his Voice reached out to trample hers with sheer willpower, fill the room with his presence, Rego...[I control] Spiritus....Vim...[spirit and the power]...

// It's okay, sometimes you go last. Sometimes first. Whether that's good or bad depends and combat turns happen fast.  Just got caught on sleep the last couple, rather than a initiative roll. So that's why I asked. Also, in case it wasn't possible to do since you can't always counter stuff. <3

Anyway, he'll use some personal Quint here (it's personal after all) and also a WP - Arete - 8, 6, 3 +1WP
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon May 09, 2016 5:55 pm

"Smart man. Sometimes one has to do what they don't want to do, though to save others."

"You are right about that."
Hayden said and nodded.
"On both accounts."
He added with a bit of a grin.

And that was it...he wanted to protect his friends and allies. Because he cared. Just like his pater had said to let it make him stronger. So when Colin ran to slay the Nephandi that had shot Freddy, when he heard the lick of the dragon's tongue language against his ears,he focused on disrupting it with everything he had - this was a Master of the Ars and he -needed- to make a dent in her working. He focused on the destructive rending magick brought on by her words and applied the same principle to stop her as he had with the tunnel, now that he understood better how Qlippothic ars functioned. He used prime and spirit to countermand it and filled it with the righteousness of his own vim. He had her sounding Words, a Name of some sort for her...she -existed- in this material world even as she tried to unmake it around her and not one iota of that was in her favor. If he could even weaken the work, strengthen reality, just a bit it could falter...he drew on the rock-like,grounding strength provided by his allies. His hands talked the words that Susanna had reminded him of, the simpler way...his Voice reached out to trample hers with sheer willpower, fill the room with his presence, Rego...[I control] Spiritus....Vim...[spirit and the power]...

Your mentor had started to train you in countermagick recently and in the beginning you had been put up against the other Initiates, Dion Blackwell and her mix of African and Catholic folk magick, the members of your own Cabal even little Jane had been a sparring partner once, her little voice so clear as she wielded her magick with suprising skill for her age, one person made a rote, the other tried to stop it or unmake it, it was good training and sometimes you won, sometimes you lost...sometimes though your mentor himself was your sparring partner and when trying to counter his magick it felt like beating on a steel door with your bare hands hoping to make a dent...this woman felt like that at first, compared to you her command of magick was that much stronger, the sheer amount of Quintessence at her beck and call was a waterfall to your trickle...yes at first it felt like she would not even feel your attempt to counter her route, but then slowly as you applied your new realization of how the Fallen did their magick, how it was the opposite of creation, Warden did not grab Colin's Avatar, she destroyed the possibility that her grip was not firmly on the mirror man, and reality was resistant to that sort of manipulation, the Consensus hissed in pain as the Nephandus worked where for your own rotes it meerly voiced it's protest, and you found a chink in that steel door, it was not much and her power where awe inspiring, terrifying but there was a chink there, just enough for you to get your fingers in. Warden still managed to grab Colin's soul in her corrupted magick, but that grip was far less firm than she had hoped, there was some leeway there and as she tried to squeeze tighter to hurt the Orphan, just a little to get her point across you notice you stop that, your will stopped that, she was not able to destroy the possibility that the Mirror Man was not bruised in her gripped and she could not help a hiss of frustration from escaping her lips.
"Stop that...I will not tell you again!"
She ordered as she again tried to tighten her grip.

(OOC: Still I should have halted the game as soon as the door was open and I do apologize for that it was a bad call and I will remember to stop once combat begin until everyone have gotten a post in next time ok? Also it seams that Madam Nephandus and Adley are now in a bit of a tug a war with Colin's Avatar in the middle.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon May 09, 2016 6:06 pm

((OOC: Yeah, I don't see this as "acting outside the host" so much as "taking the driver's seat" - sort of like the pilot taking a little nap while the plane runs on autopilot. So, essentially still limited to Colin's skills, abilities and reserves - it's just that Colin probably won't remember the details clearly, if at all.))

The woman had said she held the Host in a grip with a dead man's trigger... That disgusting touch was not the real threat, but whatever would follow that tainted thread of magic was... and that thread the woman used to grip the Self was unnatural; an affront to Reality... such a thread would need to be carefully concealed from Reality to avoid the backlash of Paradox... it would be the perfect place Outside Reality to hide a spell to ambush the real threat...
The Host was fond of using the words of an old human language to clarify his intent... so crude, so loud, so... admittedly functional, if unrefined. For this sort of situation, for stealth, silence would serve better; the ring on the finger would serve as an adequate focus for this. He slowly raised his hand to his chest, angling the faceplate of the signet ring directly against the tainted string, and concentrated.
Drawing power directly out of an incoming spell was a simple thing, if you knew it was coming. It was all a question of timing; if there was enough preparation time to find a way to siphon the energy into a less harmful effect... or a more harmful one, if it could be directed someplace useful.
A thin string connecting two people was the perfect thing by which to redirect such an effect...
A conversion and reversal, then; turn as much as possible from the incoming attack into pure primal energy, and send it dancing back along the same thread that held the Self... A small seed of a spell appeared in the little string between the Nephandi woman and the Self, and the Self smiled grimly; methodically putting together the flower that would grow from it when the attack came... Perhaps it would be enough to stop the blow and send it back; most likely it would only soften it... but softening the blow could be enough to survive...

((OOC2: So basically, the idea is to hold on to the woman's grip (Correspondence 1 to find the link, as it were) rather than break it, prepare the quintessence draining effect inside the link and use that to fuel a prime bolt which'll follow the same link back to the Nephandi if the spell comes. If it all works right, she won't see it hidden inside the connection, since the idea is to conceal the effect from both her and Reality itself until the right moment... Using the last Quintessence; if I need it for the effect, that's where it goes, if not, it goes to lower Diff on the first Arete roll instead. A roll which ends up as 6,8,8... ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon May 09, 2016 6:39 pm

It was there, you could feel it, your eyes where like that of your host now, far in the back of your mind where the knowledge that once...once you had seen more, and you would see more again one day, or perhaps you always had, your host saw time as a progression, though no longer necessarily a linear one, and so now so did you, such a limited view and yet limits was what you needed to grow, to become more, so with your limited senses you felt it there, the proverbial axe over your head, a massive rote created, and then held back like the blade of a guillotine held by a rope, ready to drop on you, would it kill you, end your eternal existence? You did not know but it would hurt your host badly. One grip to guide the rote...and then the danger itself hovering there for when the Nephandus let go of the rope, either by will or if her concentration was disturbed. Slowly you wave your magick...that is what your host called it, so it was your name for it now for as long as you where one, you had only his understanding to work with, alone you would have so much more, alone you where pure potential, but you did not want to be alone, and as a part of his soul, you worked through him and he through you. The work was delicate, but the Nephandus had to work hard to hold back her powerful blast of spiritual powers at the same time as she fought with her own self, her own soul, oh it was angry you could feel it there deep inside of her, fallen and twisted as it was, a force for destruction it still did not like that she threatened one like itself, it did not want to lead it's power to that working but it was as much a part of the Nephandus as you where a part of your host, a part of his soul and neither had a will completely unaffected by the other. Distracted as the Nephandi woman was with her own magick, struggling with her soul and working she do not notice that you lay your trap, a simple working to siphon off enough power from her attack to dull the blade enough to survive, while at the same time giving her a nasty surprise for her trouble. Yes...the plan was not a bad one, the host would be in pain and probably not able to do much if the attack came, but if you survive and if your surprise worked, perhaps, just perhaps the powerful Nephandus would be distracted enough that the others could take her down, protecting your host, his loved one and the messengers in the process...if only she did not discover the trap, and so far she had not...
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon May 09, 2016 8:01 pm

The Knight's reaction to the malignant grip was admirable, and while ultimately insufficient to stop the Nephandus, served to distract her from the subtle plot-within-a-plot being slowly pieced together against her...
What the Self and the Host needed now was for the Knight to keep the Nephandus talking, wasting time, while the Self slowly drew on the Hosts's experience to combine familiar elements into something new; the logical progression of the spells he had worked out on his own today...

((OOC: Ah, progress... Next Arete roll, 5,9,0 - and what does Adley do in the meantime?))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue May 10, 2016 2:07 am

It didn't matter if the task felt like a effort on par with Sisyphus, pushing a boulder uphill. He had to do it, much like walking the path in his recent Seeking. He felt himself catch himself against the immense backdrop of reality and applied the same innate, stubborn persistence and tenacity. There was not room for anything but what he was doing, wholly consumed on the task, though the elementals were there, that there was Jerome and Hayden, perhaps the awakened Mercere was free. That there was Kristina working on Freddy. And Magda keeping the path clear. All these people and the Mercere...he had to hold on long enough...enough for what precisely he wasn't sure. He just knew he could not give up.

"Stop that...I will not tell you again!" She ordered as she again tried to tighten her grip.

Her Words did not affect him in the way she desired, it just made him keep at it, befitting the situation entirely. His own response was evident in the fact he kept speaking right over her, filling the room as his voice got louder and taking on the sounds of his resonances. He might as well have said 'NO' from the look on his face. He had her attention on him and he tried to keep it that way. He locked eyes with her and planted another foot on the path and kept moving kept speaking, the Words burning out of him, moving his hands, weaving with prime into that little 'chink' he found. Her Name, even if a placeholder, stood for something and that something was her own existence in this world. A world that had yet to Fall down further than it had on the tree; he stood upon it...yes, his back was to the wall. But it was a very powerful wall...and he was part of the lightning Flash of creation. And despite herself, despite her works, she was as well.

// sorry for the delay had to do that other thing other than sleep that prevents me from gaming but helps pay for it xD Working (or busy work days anyway). And thanks, all good Anya. No worries. I think Adley would like that Colin's avatar regarded them as the Knight, btw. Since he's locked horns with her he's trying to keep her attention on him, pest that he is. Like a bug in her eye.

Arete - 6,7,8 [+1 WP]
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 10, 2016 6:12 am

You lock eyes with the Nephandus, she was still standing there in the darkness so you could not fully see her but her eyes where blue, like yours but they where hard and cold and unflinching, you could see her there like an dark silhouette, Normally her magick would just plow through yours, but you had found that chink and she had to keep the elementals at bay and...what was that in her eyes a struggle? A struggle deep inside of her?
"I do not want to do this...I do not want to kill my own kind."
Not her words but still they where there, not spoken but felt, a desperate plea from something inside of her, something that had once been pure and beautiful and which now was a twisted mockery of what it had once been, and yet even so it found the strength for that struggle, host and Avatar was at a discord in this matter and that weakened her, if only by a little.

No one in the room dared speak save Kristina's soft chanting, no one knew what would set the Nephandi woman off or make her act, Hayden where far more powerful than you and yet he knew that if he acted as well the Nephandus was sure to let go of that dead man's handle if she had it, instead he just silently placed two beads and a sheet of old paper in one of your pockets, tass you felt. Jerome stood guard over Kristina and Freddy his eyes on the situation, a situation he could not help with in his present condition and Magda was holding her breath, it was clear the teenager was terrified, facing an enemy in combat was one thing, but this took all her courage not to flee, it was as if all that existed was your will and the chink in that Nephandus rote. Again you feel her tightening her grip, this time to the point where she would have harmed Colin, but you manage to stop her, you feel your will counteract her will and again she is unable to destroy all other possible states of reality than the one she want and she was getting frustrated and she took one step towards the Hermetic, she was tall and thin you see, with blue eyes and gray hair in waves down her back, once she would have been pretty, in her plain white dress she could have looked like a hip, relatively young grandmother, but there where only harshness in her eyes now, harshness and anger.
"I will destroy your friend unless you back the fuck down, this is your last warning."
The woman hissed and yet locked into battle with her magick as you where you could hear the protest from her inner self.
"No...there is nothing left of the being I was...but I do not want to do this...it is not my will, not my wish..."
The woman's inner voice screamed on the resonances of her rote, or perhaps it just reached out in desperation as she pushed towards you, her power overwhelming, and yet you did manage to stand your ground and her attention was definitively on you.

(OOC: Oh do not worry about that we are not in a hurry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue May 10, 2016 9:04 am

There would be pain, most likely; excruciating pain, even... but the Self was reaching the limits of how powerful a shield it could control. All that remained was timing. There was a strange calm in the knowledge that this would hurt. The inevitability of some pain made it possible to clearly see the ways to diminish it, rather than dismissing the possible in favor of searching for an impossibility that could not be found. The Self raised its voice; a verse the Host liked, spoken in a voice so unused to relying on air flowing through fleshy bits to produce sound...
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
The Self, unscarred and unafraid of the logical consequences, looked at the Knight, "We are prepared."

((OOC: Well, Colin - and by extension, the Avatar seeing Colin's memories - has seen Adley as that when he looked at his Resonance; sword and shield and everything. So, the shoe fits. As for the - presumably final - Arete roll, since I'm about at the limit of successes (should be a cap of six successes for improv work), 1,9,9... whoa, close. Wouldn't want to botch this now. Shocked ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 10, 2016 9:38 am

If you where not incarnated, it would have been easy, but when part of a host, you could not reach beyond that host's feeble understanding, and you think you had reached the limit of that, the limit of his power so far. Yes there would be pain, a sensation you could understand though his senses, but you where fairly sure you where protect enough to survive and that the counterblow from the shield you had set up would affect the Nephandus badly enough for the others to take her down, ah yes she was powerful, but even a powerful mage needed concentration, it might only buy them a few seconds, but they where ready. The Nephandus did not seam to know what you had done, so focused was she on the Knight and his host, she was angry at him, the little Initiate dared to challenge her might that had been honed and amassed over the course of centuries, yes indeed arrogance had left her distracted and that would save your host, you had done all you could, now all that remained was to wait, and prepare for the blow that would come and hope you had not miscalculated.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue May 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Friday:

We spank them into submission He said with a broad, playful smile We'll get to manage. he said, more seriously.
I know, and i will, and i thank you for everything

There has to be a way, and that's pretty close.

Saturday:

It's a pleasure to know more fellow shamans. Ok then, could you bring me a termometer and a tensiometer? Just to be safe, i want to do a quick medical revision before anything else. he said, putting his ear near her neck/mouth to see if she was breathing alright
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Friday:

We spank them into submission He said with a broad, playful smile We'll get to manage. he said, more seriously.

"Now that I would like to see Tane, you spanking the Council of Nine...I think you need a bit of power to do so though, you know unless they like it. Or was it the Nephandi you where planning to spank."
Henrietta said and grinned.
"But yes we will have to see what the future brings.

There has to be a way, and that's pretty close.

The hedge wizard just nodded at that.

Saturday:

It's a pleasure to know more fellow shamans. Ok then, could you bring me a termometer and a tensiometer? Just to be safe, i want to do a quick medical revision before anything else. he said, putting his ear near her neck/mouth to see if she was breathing alright

"Yes it is always a pleasure indeed."
The Norse looking man said and smiled then he nodded.
"I will get a thermometer, there should be one in the medical cabinet in the bathroom, but a tensismeter? Is not that what you would use to measure the surface tension of water?"
He said looking rather puzzled about what exactly you would use such a device for in this situation.

The Deaconess' breath was a bit strained but even, she was probably in some pain, but she appeared to be otherwise in physically good health, she was sleeping though she opened her eyes when you leaned over her and appeared the be a bit startled at your presence.
"Ehm...hello?"
The shaman said.
"He is the spirit healer that Steelhaven sent my friend."
The Nordic man said and the Deaconess settled down.
"Ah I see, thank you for coming."
She muttered, she sounded rather tired and she groaned slightly in pain as she sat up and offered Tane her hand in greeting.
"Ebele Adeyemi, I am pleased to meet you young man."
She said with a thin smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue May 10, 2016 7:08 pm

"I do not want to do this...I do not want to kill my own kind." Not her words but still they where there, not spoken but felt, a desperate plea from something inside of her...

He could hear the Nephandi's avatar. Locked in as he was, there was no room for speculation but he heard it, its supplication to its host. The woman had stepped out into view how and he saw her, but it was what he heard (or felt) that moved him. Not the cold look in her eyes, not her apparent age. The Nephandi was angry at him, for being an upstart...for daring to save his friend's avatar. For being in the way. At the edges of his concentration, the sensation of vis close to him, at hand...someone had put tass into his pocket.

"I will destroy your friend unless you back the fuck down, this is your last warning." The woman hissed
"No...there is nothing left of the being I was...but I do not want to do this...it is not my will, not my wish..." The woman's inner voice screamed on the resonances of her rote, or perhaps it just reached out in desperation as she pushed towards you, her power overwhelming, and yet you did manage to stand your ground and her attention was definitively on you...

'Then do not do this, do not do this to his avatar, fight her,' he thought to the avatar...perhaps he said it out loud, he was not sure. He did not question how he could hear it or if he could respond. So long he had been droning the same Words they had become part of the architecture of his thoughts, a scaffolding upon which he was building his Will to stop that woman. As if he had to fight for eternity and was prepared to do that. Winding its way into that, he heard Kristina's workings...and then Colin.

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
The Self, unscarred and unafraid of the logical consequences, looked at the Knight, "We are prepared."

Prepared. Colin was prepared...

She was walking towards him, him and his friends and friends with her ill Will. Away from Colin but he would not let her have anyone else either. She was looking at him, not where she was going and less at what she was doing than before. She was angry, trying to intimidate him, an upstart who dared. But inside, she was writhing. And he knew it and could feel it, her avatar did not want to destroy. Adley reached out for the threads again, this time forming the sign for 'creo,' as he tried to ignite the quintessence with the first flame, creative light. And he offering it towards the avatar along the primal-spiritual weave he sensed, the sound-feeling-resonance he had of her avatar, it's desire to not harm, into the little niche he'd found. It was hard to try to destroy destruction, that was the thing...dark was dark. You couldn't see shadows in the dark, they all bled into one thing. But even a little tiny flicker of light, just like when he'd first awakened, was illumination; light for other inner lights or kept them going, like his son in the storm. The fire before fire...it was potential when before there had been none before. Potential to do something else and at the very least it would be unexpected, for she had been prepared to be attacked. There were many Names for it, many Words befitting the concept but one came First and it was that one he spoke. "Ātar," he said and extended the pinpoint with an outstretched hand while the other kept firm hold on the threads.

// Yeah, the odds of 3 dice is much better than 2 that is for sure!
Arete: Prime and Spirit still - 5,8,5 [+1WP][+3 Quint, 2 to lower the diff and 1 to add to manifest it]
He's not exactly trying to -hit- per se since he can't hit an avatar, more like reinforce the intent of her avatar as real and possible, create potential for it. But if some type of targeting roll to 'grab' the right threads is needed - 0,1,9,8,5,2
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 10, 2016 7:57 pm

'Then do not do this, do not do this to his avatar, fight her,' he thought to the avatar...perhaps he said it out loud, he was not sure. He did not question how he could hear it or if he could respond. So long he had been droning the same Words they had become part of the architecture of his thoughts, a scaffolding upon which he was building his Will to stop that woman. As if he had to fight for eternity and was prepared to do that. Winding its way into that, he heard Kristina's workings...and then Colin.

It was hard to know how the woman's Avatar was communicating with you, probably it reached out, some souls where able to do that, or willing to, specially among the Primordials and that Essence was more common among the Fallen, or perhaps it was because you where locked in battle with the being's host, your magick meeting it's, in many ways it did not matter you could feel the thing, it was Fallen, dark and twisted but it did not want to destroy it's own kind and it fought, it fought all it could but while incarnated Avatar and host was one, and so a storm raged inside the Nephandi woman and she was assaulted on two fronts, from your attempts to counter her effects and from her own soul trying to hold back, even so she held on though she was getting increasingly stressed and angry.

Adley reached out for the threads again, this time forming the sign for 'creo,' as he tried to ignite the quintessence with the first flame, creative light. And he offering it towards the avatar along the primal-spiritual weave he sensed, the sound-feeling-resonance he had of her avatar, it's desire to not harm, into the little niche he'd found. It was hard to try to destroy destruction, that was the thing...dark was dark. You couldn't see shadows in the dark, they all bled into one thing. But even a little tiny flicker of light, just like when he'd first awakened, was illumination; light for other inner lights or kept them going, like his son in the storm. The fire before fire...it was potential when before there had been none before. Potential to do something else and at the very least it would be unexpected, for she had been prepared to be attacked. There were many Names for it, many Words befitting the concept but one came First and it was that one he spoke. "Ātar," he said and extended the pinpoint with an outstretched hand while the other kept firm hold on the threads.

It was just a moment, just a fraction of a second, but as the Nephandus's Avatar accepted that offered Tass you could almost see it there inside of the woman, a dragon, once magnificent now it looked like one of those birds rescued from oil spill, it's mighty wings soiled with black, slick corruption, it's frame thin, so thin and if it had been starved, a mockery of what it had been and now it was a creature of decay and torment, and yet as the Tass you offered suddenly gave a new sheen to it's scales, if only for a moment they turned golden again and it's host screamed in rage as she lost control of her magick, for only one fraction of a second the Avatar won the fight and it stopped allowing itself to be a conduit between it's host and the Quintessence pool, that rote you had been fighting, that steel wall you had been scratching at fell apart like a child's tower of wood bricks. The Avatar looked at you, for just a moment you felt it looking at you as if you where that beacon the Umbrood shard perhaps would one day be, then his host won back control

Colin or rather your Avatar can feel just for a moment the grip on your Avatar...the grip on the Mirror Man loosening, but then came the Nephandus' assault, as soon as the moment was over and it only lasted or a fraction of a second she let her held back rote go, but it was weaker now, directionless, the Avatar had wrestled control over the union for but a moment and now it was not a guillotine blade falling towards you and your host, it was a clumsily swung axe, it still could do harm, great harm but the attack had been dulled when the Nephandus lost control for just a moment.

Even as the woman released her rote your trap activated and she screamed, shocked by your effect as it triggered and she fell to her knees, grasping her head, chances where she would not stay stunned for long but your effect had hurt her even if there where no wounds on her fair form, but there where shock and pain in her eyes.

(Warp because of Adley managing to get the Nephandus' Avatar to wrestle control and act independently for a moment the spiritual attack against Colin is if not so much weakened as sort of lost focus, it is like if a gun was aimed and the gun suddenly decided it did not want to shoot and messed up the aim. You can roll Stamina plus Avatar plus the six successes from your defense rote added as dice, and due to Adley's work the diff is lowered from 8 to 6. I do recommend rolling well though, that is still a considerable assault being sent your way.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue May 10, 2016 9:44 pm

((OOC: So, Stamina + 6, then - no Avatar rating. Perhaps I need to buy a few dots in that background soon... 2,3,4,6,7,8,9,0,0 - not bad at all... But is it enough?))

The Self and the Host screamed in agony, a weird chorus of outrage and agony. Then the Self curled up and crawled deep inside Host again to lick its wounds, to build over the hurt and indignity...

Colin blinked in confusion for a moment, looked puzzled at Adley and the Fallen woman, and then his eyes rolled back in his head, and he crumpled on the floor next to the gutted Nephandus.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 10, 2016 10:13 pm

The Nephandus' rote hit and it hurt, it hurt badly, and for a moment you would not know how wounded you where, but you where alive, you where unable to protect your host from that pain, all you could do was to scream. Slowly...very slowly as you pull back into the host's soul to the safety you can find there you realize you are bruised, well not really you are not flesh but the closest thing to it that the host could understand, you where bruised pretty badly, but not seriously wounded, but whatever or not the host would realize that you did not know, at least he would feel you where there for some time.

Then everything seamed to happen at once around the room. Hayden rushed towards the Nephandus intent to take her out before she could get up and work any more magick, Freddy woke up from the sound of Colin's scream and was muttering incoherently and Kristina was swearing.
"Damnation...Jerome help me hold her down while I work, careful with her head!"
There was a need to get the situation under control, but reacting much to that was beyond you right now.

What you feel are intense pain, deep seated and grueling and at the same time filling your entire being and coming from nowhere, the unsettling thing was that it was not really pain how you would normally know it or describe it, there where no words for what you felt, and agony just had to do as a word for it. Even if out of it and unconscious the pain would hound you, it was not tied to your brain and what it could feel, this was your soul hurting...but like with a fist to the gut, though this was a million times worse the principle was the same, there was an explosion of pain, and then it dulled, though it did not go away it murmurers there in your inner most core, a red hot center of pain that would not leave you alone. You halfway hear Freddy weakly call your name and Kristina urgently trying to calm her as she worked on healing her, and you heard the shuffle to take the Nephandus down before she could strike again, but you heard it through a fog of fear, confusion and pain.

(OOC: Well yes that was enough but just barely, Colin's Avatar is not the biggest and strongest it can not take a whole lot of damage, generally getting more damage to an Avatar then there are Avatar rating is...bad...but he made it though he probably would not like to know how close it was. I am saying his Avatar got banged up but not directly wounded so when the dust settle Colin should be able to function though he will feel it for a while and perhaps not sleep so well, let us just say he might just have gotten a new level of sympathy for Bee and what she is going through, though he is not actually wounded so his magick should work fine and his pain will dull fairly quickly into something tolerable but still quite undesirable.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue May 10, 2016 11:01 pm

He felt the tass swept up by the avatar, he thought he could see it, a serpent-like form, or a dragon. The glint of iridescence over green scales just for a few critical seconds until the oiled blackness returned. He did not feel fear, not as he had that first time, when Beatrice's avatar had reached for him. He was too busy concentrating on what he was doing, what needed to be done.Then the air filled with screaming - his friend's anguish, shocking in potency. Freddy's distressed cry (she was alive). Colin looked at him with confusion, as if he did not know why it hurt. Or perhaps why it had stopped - and he was not sure how bad off he was. The Nephandi was now prone on her knees. He pulled Adjan's knife and he was moving in to take the Nephandus down and make her stay that way, never to trouble anyone else in this life.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed May 11, 2016 12:19 am

Colin lay there, not registering any outside stimuli, just randomly twitching and whimpering, sounding more than anything like a dog that had been given a thorough beating with a newspaper. There was something important... actually several important things... someone had just been injured... or were they under a threat of injury? Both? Someone important... personally or generally? The Mercere, they'd been taken hostage... He'd come to save them, but things hadn't gone entirely according to plan... Leg injury... no, that wasn't significant; not much worse than something he'd walk off... something more important... Someone more important... Wife of almost twenty years, that was it... no, that wasn't it; not yet... Freddy... bullet to the head, that was it... she couldn't die yet... shooter was shielded; had to bring in a blade slowly, like Gurney Halleck had taught him... no, that was only half right... what happened to the shooter? There was this red mist obscuring his vision, then an odd dream of watching his own spellcasting as a mere passenger, without any say in the matter, then... pain, like his soul had been violated with a belt sander... blessed darkness, soft darkness, still pain, but now the higher brain functions called it quits...
Colin snored softly, evenly... Despite very recently getting a full night's sleep, he was not going to be anything resembling functional for some time.

((OOC: Yay! Owie, but yay! Colin is going to want a vacation. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed May 11, 2016 1:15 am

Colin's body was on the ground near the Fallen woman, shuddering as if it had been shocked with lightning as he moved. Making sounds as he'd heard before, from Beatrice, but this time from a full grown, military-trained man. His friend, who had just walked off a busted knee and survived a rocket to his aircraft. His friend, whose would-be-will-be wife had just been shot. Reaching out through the stones, he requested for one of the elemental spirits to cover the group with Freddy, Kristina, Jerome and Magda if they were left open. They too had taken a heavy beating, he knew without their help they would never had got this far. This woman was dangerous, even to her own soul, inverted as it was. If they could just get a chance to separate the two...

// Ouch, Colin D: - but he's not been spiritually eviscerated! ;_; yes, vacations for him and Freddy somewhere nice and Nephandi-free, preferably
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed May 11, 2016 2:40 am

The Nephandi was now prone on her knees. He pulled Adjan's knife and he was moving in to take the Nephandus down and make her stay that way, never to trouble anyone else in this life.

You and Hayden reach the Nephandus at about the same time, and there was really nothing she could do other than whimper in protest as the war mage fired two bullets into her chest, giving you and opening to finish her off with a knife, the woman had tried to Gilgul someone right in front of you, for Hayden she was a horror to end to protect the group, protect the prisoners and protect his apprentice, for you though she had hurt your friend, tried to hurt your friend in the worst possible way just to get some leverage.
"Check on your Cabalmate."
Hayden muttered.
"Do you know how bad...how badly he was hit?"
He added grimly and glanced at Colin.

Colin snored softly, evenly... Despite very recently getting a full night's sleep, he was not going to be anything resembling functional for some time.

Unconsciousness granted some relief from the pain and the confusion, the pain was still there like when you had been injured even with pain medication for a while the pain was constant, it filled your dreams as well as your waking life, but it was more...diffuse, the feeling of unease, of your soul having been violated was as strong though but again, more diffuse, there where comfort in the darkness of unconsciousness, and at least some rest.

Reaching out through the stones, he requested for one of the elemental spirits to cover the group with Freddy, Kristina, Jerome and Magda if they were left open. They too had taken a heavy beating, he knew without their help they would never had got this far.

You get a feeling of affirmation from the stones and you see Allassor suddenly stand there in front of Kristina and the rest of the group, though you doubted anyone else would see him, he was cracked now, with pieces missing, in many ways he looked like a stylized knight from a chess board, a fancy piece made of marble, and yet now he looked like as if someone had taken a hammer to the piece and what was left was barely holding together, and yet he stood firm, he was a protector and protect he would for as long as he existed. The Umbroods had been lucky this woman could destroy an Avatar, meaning they had been far easier targets but the two protectors had survived, if barely and they had kept the Mercere alive.

You hear them now, the sound of weeping, a man's soft moans, a young boy muttering fearfully about what was going on from a nearby room with a locked door, and from a room further down the hall, at least the ones you had come to save appeared to still be alive.

This woman was dangerous, even to her own soul, inverted as it was. If they could just get a chance to separate the two...

The woman's death, which Hayden was well on his way to bring her, would separate her and her soiled dragon, but then off course it will be reborn into a new host, an innocent corrupted by this woman's actions, but perhaps...just perhaps if you manage to find out how to cleanse Avatars before this being again was incarnated you could save it, the only other relief you could give it was death if it's host was kept alive and given to the Traditions.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed May 11, 2016 5:29 am

It would be wrong to say the approach was no quarter, but he didn't hesitate. Two bullets from Hayden and a stab through the neck and she was dead, the blackened dragon freed for now but no longer hers. Maybe next time...maybe it would remember the tint of green scale. But there was no way they could contain her safely enough to take her back deal with everything they had to deal with now. She was too dangerous, or she was. Now she was dead...and he was cleaning off the knife as he moved, breathing heavily.

"Check on your Cabalmate." Hayden muttered. "Do you know how bad...how badly he was hit?"

He came to Colin's side with a concerned frown on his face, putting a hand on his shoulder as if he wished he could find out just by that alone. "Not for certain...it was bad but I do not think she was wholly successful. However they might still be injured, they need to see someone who can check their wellbeing, in case there is lesser damage that requires healing." He remembered though how Colin had looked at him just before. Now that he was not so wholly focused on just one thing, he remembered his face. How he'd looked...then he tilted an ear with a slight crease in his brow. "But I do believe he is...snoring. Which is a hopeful sign, I think. Help me move him away from her. Mind the leg." He reached under his shoulders to shift him.

"There's much to do; we need to check on the Mercere...they might be hurt, locked up and under traps in there. Find out if we can what they'd wanted in the vault in case we either need to recover it or find more support to guard it and of course treat our wounded, deal with what these had on them and the bodies...check for the potential escapee as we extract and the vampire outside." He reeled off tasks to keep him on track, even as he settled his friend carefully closer to the others but not in full view of Freddy who had her own problems at the moment. "How is she?" he asked. He'd heard her...she could still speak...

You get a feeling of affirmation from the stones and you see Allassor suddenly stand there in front of Kristina and the rest of the group, though you doubted anyone else would see him, he was cracked now, with pieces missing, in many ways he looked like a stylized knight from a chess board, a fancy piece made of marble, and yet now he looked like as if someone had taken a hammer to the piece and what was left was barely holding together, and yet he stood firm, he was a protector and protect he would for as long as he existed.

'Thank you, both of you,' he said, feeling deeply grateful to them. 'Will you be able to heal?' He would have liked to offer them something but he did not have anything left reserve after that ordeal and they were not free and clear yet. Then he asked Inanon, 'Can you tell me if that one,' he indicate Colin, 'that part you cannot touch, can you sense how badly it was hurt?' The only other way would be to get him either home to Cita, or back to Morningstar.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed May 11, 2016 6:34 am

It would be wrong to say the approach was no quarter, but he didn't hesitate. Two bullets from Hayden and a stab through the neck and she was dead, the blackened dragon freed for now but no longer hers. Maybe next time...maybe it would remember the tint of green scale. But there was no way they could contain her safely enough to take her back deal with everything they had to deal with now. She was too dangerous, or she was. Now she was dead...and he was cleaning off the knife as he moved, breathing heavily.

The Nephandus gave a sort of groan, the two bullets to the chest had knocked the wind out of her so she could not scream, but at the stab to the neck she let out that one, mournful sound and collapsed, it took her only a few moments to die, Hayden though did not take any chances, he put a bullet in the woman's head, just to make sure. You could almost feel the soiled dragon leave it's dead host and there was a sense of gratitude in the air that it had not been forced to kill one of it's own kind, and then it was gone, you could not help it now, but perhaps one day, when it was reborn you would...perhaps you would be his beacon back to the glory that once had been his being.

He came to Colin's side with a concerned frown on his face, putting a hand on his shoulder as if he wished he could find out just by that alone. "Not for certain...it was bad but I do not think she was wholly successful. However they might still be injured, they need to see someone who can check their wellbeing, in case there is lesser damage that requires healing."

"We have three Masters of Spirit at Morningstar...and one of them are quite skillful in such matter, though he is not a easy man to deal with...in any case we will get your Cabalmate help."
Hayden said as he gave Colin a worried frown.
"Should we call in and request that Master Harris teleport him and Miss Adlebloom and the Mercere out of here?"
He asked.

"But I do believe he is...snoring. Which is a hopeful sign, I think. Help me move him away from her. Mind the leg." He reached under his shoulders to shift him.

"Hopefully it is a good sign Sodelis."
Hayden said and helped you lift Colin and carry him away from the dead Nephandus.
"Let us place him closer to the entrance in case we need to get out of here quickly."
He suggested.

"There's much to do; we need to check on the Mercere...they might be hurt, locked up and under traps in there. Find out if we can what they'd wanted in the vault in case we either need to recover it or find more support to guard it and of course treat our wounded, deal with what these had on them and the bodies...check for the potential escapee as we extract and the vampire outside."

"What if you take Jerome and check on the Mercere, I will begin to check the bodies of the Fallen. Kristina can deal with the wounded...as for the escaped Nephandus yes I want him in custody but it is not a priority right now, but if none of the Mercere know what they are after we might have to track him down."
Hayden said as he removed his jacket and placed it under Colin's head to try to make him more comfortable.
"I can control major forces...that is what they call it at the rankings, I can burn things down and call the wind to ravage my enemies, but at seeing someone hurt so Sodalis I feel completely helpless."
He muttered.

"How is she?" he asked. He'd heard her...she could still speak...

"Weak but alive, she is difficult to heal though there are so much old scar tissue in here...it is a miracle she is alive...and sane."
Kristina said and sigh.
"She will live but she will require bed rest and there might be some memory loss of the last few hours, perhaps temporary blindness, but she will live, she can not get to worked up though, but I do not want to run the risk of sedating her."
The Verbena said as she worked, there was the edge of tiredness in her voice.
"Soon I will have done what I can for her and her own body will have to do the rest."

'Thank you, both of you,' he said, feeling deeply grateful to them. 'Will you be able to heal?' He would have liked to offer them something but he did not have anything left reserve after that ordeal and they were not free and clear yet.

"We perform our task."
Allassor said then he added.
"Yes, there is a feeling I do not like, it is hot, and sharp and dynamic, I want it to end and it will, eventually once we return to the ground and our own plane."
The spirit said, it did not know how to describe or understand pain, but it was clear that he and his brother where badly hurt.

Then he asked Inanon, 'Can you tell me if that one,' he indicate Colin, 'that part you cannot touch, can you sense how badly it was hurt?' The only other way would be to get him either home to Cita, or back to Morningstar.

"No, I can only sense it's presence, they are different from us they exist on another plane, and what they are made of are the same but different like a diamond next to salt. That I can not touch is there, but that is all I can tell you who carry the shard of the beacon inside."
Inanon said as he looked at Colin.
"I can call up a mineral from the ground, it is one of my powers, through hard for it is more dynamic than I am...mages have asked be to call up diamonds and gold, if I gave you that boon friend of Joakim, would you ask for precious richness or a stone that could ease the pain of that we can not touch, at least a little bit?"
The Umbrood asked and looked at you.

(OOC: I will be on a train all day so I might be a little late in replying, I am going to visit my mother. Me and here might also go camping for a few days during the week I am there and if so I will be without internet for a few days but I will let you know if we go, for now I might just be a bit delayed today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed May 11, 2016 7:22 am

"We have three Masters of Spirit at Morningstar...and one of them are quite skillful in such matter, though he is not a easy man to deal with...in any case we will get your Cabalmate help." Hayden said as he gave Colin a worried frown. "Should we call in and request that Master Harris teleport him and Miss Adlebloom and the Mercere out of here?" He asked.

"That might be a good idea, but only if they are stable enough to be teleported. I'm not sure if the portal is safe to use or not and I'm not going to be able to check very well. I believe I heard your apprentice get hit as well, is she alright?"

"Hopefully it is a good sign Sodelis." Hayden said and helped you lift Colin and carry him away from the dead Nephandus. "Let us place him closer to the entrance in case we need to get out of here quickly." He suggested.

He nodded and helped him move Colin over. As long as the snoring was not some other type of injury, he could only think it was a good sign. But he was worried, he was not sure what he had done, or even what exactly had happened. But Colin had done something to protect himself while he was struggling with her.

"What if you take Jerome and check on the Mercere, I will begin to check the bodies of the Fallen. Kristina can deal with the wounded...as for the escaped Nephandus yes I want him in custody but it is not a priority right now, but if none of the Mercere know what they are after we might have to track him down."

"Good, yes...I think Jerome is helping Kristina keep Freddy calm."

Hayden said as he removed his jacket and placed it under Colin's head to try to make him more comfortable. "I can control major forces...that is what they call it at the rankings, I can burn things down and call the wind to ravage my enemies, but at seeing someone hurt so Sodalis I feel completely helpless."He muttered.

"Thank you," he said as he put his coat under his cabalmate. "The Nephandi tried to make us feel helpless, just as Jerome warned us, using fear and terror. But working together we have managed to all still be here. Let's concentrate on getting everyone home safely, sodalis, where they can get the help they need. That is the good we can do for them right now."

"Weak but alive, she is difficult to heal though there are so much old scar tissue in here...it is a miracle she is alive...and sane." Kristina said and sigh. "She will live but she will require bed rest and there might be some memory loss of the last few hours, perhaps temporary blindness, but she will live, she can not get to worked up though, but I do not want to run the risk of sedating her." The Verbena said as she worked, there was the edge of tiredness in her voice. "Soon I will have done what I can for her and her own body will have to do the rest."

Adley felt a measure of relief to know that she was not severely brain damaged. Especially considering what had hit her and apparently how her previous injuries had complicated it...Colin would be glad to know that. "Can she be teleported?" Then he said to her and Jerome, "If she is calm, I could use some assistance helping your Housemates."

"We perform our task." Allassor said then he added. "Yes, there is a feeling I do not like, it is hot, and sharp and dynamic, I want it to end and it will, eventually once we return to the ground and our own plane."

"You perform your tasks very well, admirably. Thank you."

"No, I can only sense it's presence, they are different from us they exist on another plane, and what they are made of are the same but different like a diamond next to salt. That I can not touch is there, but that is all I can tell you who carry the shard of the beacon inside."
Inanon said as he looked at Colin.

"Thank you," he said. Well, it at least confirmed that his avatar was still present though not more about its current condition.

"I can call up a mineral from the ground, it is one of my powers, through hard for it is more dynamic than I am...mages have asked be to call up diamonds and gold, if I gave you that boon friend of Joakim, would you ask for precious richness or a stone that could ease the pain of that we can not touch, at least a little bit?"

"Friend, I do not believe that would heal us as it does your kind," he said, thinking that he was suggesting he use rock as a source as Poodle had thought setting someone ablaze would be beneficial to their health. "Thank you though for your offer, it is very much appreciated as is all you have done for us so far. I am going to check on others that need help that you were protecting."

// Have a safe trip!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top