The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Adley:

"I see. Ah, well perhaps that's not quite so. There was another vampire, wasn't there. Did you know them?" The more he found out about vampire hierarchy, the more he could relate it to his own to an extent. Maybe caitiffs were like orphans, in some ways. At least socially.

"I have not been in the city long, she had an unusual name...ehm...Erichtho I think her name was, she was nice enough but she was very skeptical about these Nephandi, she said a mage friend of hers had said they are trouble, I would not know though I know nothing about you guys. I mean they asked me to go on a milk run and pick up some bottles water, I asked if mineral water with salt where ok, you know in the movies salt kill mages, and they all but laughed their asses of, so I guess that is just superstition."
The vampire said and shrugged.
"But yes Erichtho, she is nice, I am glad she got away."

"What was this 'sweet deal' they offered? Can you talk about that? As I said, sweet deals concerning the Nephandi do tend to spoil and sour, even if they are indirect."

"The kid, Nicolai he offered to talk with the Prince on my behalf, talk him into letting me stay in the city. Listen Mr Theodore, in our society, we all fight for the same resources and there is a limit to how many of my kind a city can support, so if they let in a Caitiff that means the Prince can not let his allies create new vampires, so generally if you are like me you are screwed, I have been hunted from city to city, the nice Princes refuse my request to stay and let me sleep the day before leaving, the not so nice ones have our lawmen chase me to the city border or have be staked and brought to the boarder, sooner or later one of them will kill me...so if the Tremere brat could talk the Prince into letting me stay, if I could finally stop running and wonder if the next hour would be my last, that would be a pretty sweet deal...I guess that is off the table now though."
The vampire said and sigh.

"Hmm...no I don't expect they did Mr Vincent. But when one is thought to be 'lesser' then they are overlooked. Things are said in front of them. The path you took to get here, do you happen to know where you started off?" he asked, mulling over the implications of the package.

"I hear they came in from...ehm literary nowhere. I however was sent from Chicago, I took the bus."
The vampire raised an eyebrow.
"I dropped by the grocery store over by 34 St. to do a milk run as well, not to exiting I know."
He muttered.

"This name of his...when you say you do not even know how to pronounce it, is it because it sounds...well, rather like feral cats being put through a meatgrinder and played backwards? Inhuman and wrong, something you -cannot- replicate or...just a strange name, that you could give a try at but probably make a bit of an embarrassment of?"

"No it was not the shit the Nephandi, that is what they where called right? Said to one another, I mean seriously what sort of fucking sounds was that my head still hurt. I am pretty sure the bitch that Embraced me and left me alone was Toreador, I hear pretty well...and the worst was when one of them decided to sing...opera in that language...that Mr Theodore is not anything you would want to listen to, let me tell you that."
Mr Vincent said and shook his head.
"No it was a strange name, Hebrew perhaps, I do not know...there was allot of Ls...Halel...Heylel...that was it...well something like that, Haylel Teomim...Teomin...something of the sort...I don't know, I do not speak the fucking language that name is in, I had a German aunt it was hard enough to pronounce her name."
The vampire said looking rather frustrated.

Colin:

Colin nodded to Dan, "Well, I wish you the best of luck onward, and Wolfgang a speedy recovery. I need to rejoin my group now."

"Off course and thank you Mr Wainwright, have a good evening."
Dan said politely.

Then he headed back outside - again - and made for the room the group had been given for the duration of the visit.

You get to the room only Adjan was there now, babysitting Liv. The Euthanatos stood as you entered the room.
"Mr Wainwright...I am glad to see you on your feet...are you alright?"
The death magus asked sounding worried.

(OOC: Nephandi opera, get your tickets now. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue May 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Colin smiled to Adjan and waved to Liv, "Better than ever, Adjan, albeit a bit sore in the Avatar. It would seem that the Fallen who tried to gilgul me failed magnificently, and my Avatar molted like a spider or crab or something... More importantly, though, have you heard from Adley and the others yet? I understand I've been out for an hour, so I've missed out on a few details... I've already seen Freddy; she's... sleeping, at least."
Switching to Latin, he turned to Liv, "Everything good here in my absence, then?"

((OOC: You know, that's the sort of thing I would get a recording of and use as hold music on my phone, reserved for phone scammers and such... "Hello, this is Joe from the Windows Department, we see that you have errors in your computer..." "Right, please hold." *Awful, undescribable noises* Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 17, 2016 1:14 pm

Colin smiled to Adjan and waved to Liv, "Better than ever, Adjan, albeit a bit sore in the Avatar. It would seem that the Fallen who tried to gilgul me failed magnificently, and my Avatar molted like a spider or crab or something...

Liv sat sitting in the sofa drawing something on a pad of white paper with crayons, she waves back to you. Adjan raised an eyebrow.
"I am not sure what is the most disturbing Mr Wainwright, the casual way you say the Fallen who tried to Gilgul me, or that someone actually tried to do just that."
The Euthanatos said and shuddered.
"I am glad that you made it though...hum...well what do not kill us make us stronger, perhaps that is true for your Avatar as well."
He said.
"Are you in allot of pain?"
He asked sounding concerned.

More importantly, though, have you heard from Adley and the others yet? I understand I've been out for an hour, so I've missed out on a few details... I've already seen Freddy; she's... sleeping, at least."

"I am glad to hear Freddy is sleeping, she need it."
Adjan said then he sigh.
"Not yet, I was told they sent some reinforcements to help with the cleanup, that is all I know, but we should probably send Adley a message and check that he is ok."

Switching to Latin, he turned to Liv, "Everything good here in my absence, then?"

Liv nodded she smiles to you and hold up the drawing she was making, she was drawing a giant cupcake with pink frosting.
"I am well Sir, how are you?"
She asked.

(OOC: Well now that is brilliant actually.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue May 17, 2016 1:49 pm

Colin grinned bashfully, "Probably a bit of both, actually... My mind was... not precisely in charge of me at the time, so I think the mental impact of the situation has been mercifully softened. Plus, the fact that I've apparently taken no actual damage does help me keep a slightly cavalier attitude to the whole incident... That, and that I still feel mildly euphoric after sleeping for two days straight."
He grimaced, "It feels a bit like someone took my Avatar to a belt sander for a polish... there's a dull ache if I try to use magic, but... that should pass in a few days, or so I'm told. Just have to be a little bit cautious with magic for a while."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I was wary of sending him a message, since he probably has his hands full, but... if you haven't heard from him by now, either, it might be prudent to check in..."
He fished out his phone and grimaced, "Of course, I've slept for two days straight; the battery is long since gone. Is there a charger here?"
He grinned to Liv, "I'm well, under the circumstances. Am i to assume you want a cupcake?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 17, 2016 2:22 pm

Colin grinned bashfully, "Probably a bit of both, actually... My mind was... not precisely in charge of me at the time, so I think the mental impact of the situation has been mercifully softened. Plus, the fact that I've apparently taken no actual damage does help me keep a slightly cavalier attitude to the whole incident... That, and that I still feel mildly euphoric after sleeping for two days straight."

"A mercy then that you did not get the full mental impact of what happened, and a even greater mercy that you did not get seriously harmed."
Adjan said and nodded.
"We have all been concerned for your health, spiritual and physical. Ah yes proper rest can indeed lift one's spirit."
The Euthanatos agreed.

He grimaced, "It feels a bit like someone took my Avatar to a belt sander for a polish... there's a dull ache if I try to use magic, but... that should pass in a few days, or so I'm told. Just have to be a little bit cautious with magic for a while."

"That is good when you where brought back to the Chantry and they said your Avatar was hurt we feared the worst, and looking at the state of Bee, well it was worrisome, I am glad to hear that you are relativly alright."
The death magus said.

He nodded thoughtfully, "I was wary of sending him a message, since he probably has his hands full, but... if you haven't heard from him by now, either, it might be prudent to check in..."

"I am sure he will be relieved to hear that you are fine Mr Wainwright."
Adjan said.
"And he is wise enough to put his phone on silent if it is critical not to be disturbed."

He fished out his phone and grimaced, "Of course, I've slept for two days straight; the battery is long since gone. Is there a charger here?"

"Ah the wonders of time magick...hum what brand of phone do you have? I have a Sony Ericson, and I have the charger to that with me."

He grinned to Liv, "I'm well, under the circumstances. Am i to assume you want a cupcake?"

The little girl grinned.
"I like cupcakes...but I also like to draw them, they are pretty. My Master let me have one when I finish my homework in time and can answer his questions."
She said and smiled happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue May 17, 2016 5:14 pm

"I have not been in the city long, she had an unusual name.."But yes Erichtho, she is nice, I am glad she got away."

"Smart girl to be wary. So, you don't know much about mages - now you know a little more, stay away from Nephandi especially. But you were around the Tremere, did you happen to hear anything strange or interesting? I know you said you weren't sat down for a briefing but sometimes it's easier to listen when one thinks one is not worth hearing. I'm sure that the Tremere leader has a few irons in the fire."

"The kid, Nicolai he offered to talk with the Prince on my behalf, talk him into letting me stay in the city...I guess that is off the table now though."

"I see. That is a very tough life, Mr Vincent." Ah, even worse than Orphans. At least in modern times, usually. "I would not stay around here if I were you."

"No it was not the shit the Nephandi, that is what they where called right? Said to one another, I mean seriously what sort of fucking sounds was that my head still hurt..."No it was a strange name, Hebrew perhaps, I do not know...there was allot of Ls...Halel...Heylel...that was it...well something like that, Haylel Teomim...Teomin...something of the sort...I don't know, I do not speak the fucking language that name is in, I had a German aunt it was hard enough to pronounce her name."

It was a boon that he already looked surprised and disturbed at the idea of Nephandi singing opera. It made him think briefly of Molly but then when the vampire told him about Heylel the expression stuck a moment longer. What the hell were the Nephandi doing wanting a bit of Thoabath's remains...and who the hell was sending a bit of it for research in the first place and in fact got a hold of it to mail from Horizon?

"I see. Well, that is a strange sort of package to want to get a hold of...is there anything else you'd be able to tell me, Mr Vincent? Bear in mind, these Nephandi want to destroy people, even whole cities and will use anyone they can to achieve their goals. For a while, they will make a deal and it may seem sound. But with these in particular, any deal is only temporary - as long as you are useful to the cause, before being disposed. Or, simply the destruction catches up. It is hard to have an organized society with the Nephandi destroying the fabric of the world. Vampires I must assume would want their society to endure, which in the end is not compatible with the Nephandi's true goal. Though I don't expect you to have much loyalty to vampire society given your mistreatment, anything else you might be willing to tell me about them or their dealings with the Tremere or where they are staying, could prove to be helpful."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue May 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Colin nodded, "I do, however, have a far greater appreciation for what Beatrice has been through, or more particularly, anyone who's been Branded... That soreness, and vague sense of indignity is... unpleasant, even though I can manage."
He smiled wryly, "Funny, though - the first thing that crossed my mind, or possibly the second, after 'oh, the pain', was Freddy... And then I come strolling out of the bedroom I was stuck in, and everyone's more worried about me."
He nodded again, "Relatively improved, even. I'm not even sure whether or not an Avatar growing bigger and stronger after shrugging off something like that is even previously documented. I've got the oddest feeling Master Telar is going to be poking and prodding at me for some time, in the name of science..."
He scratched his head, "Ah, well, I have an iPhone... I suppose I should switch to an Android of some sort; at least they have universal charger ports... Would you mind sending Adley a message, that I'm alive and well, and my phone is dead? And ask him if he knows about the chickens at the office."
He smiled to Liv, "Ah, a pity I have neither cupcakes or homework for you, then. But I do know this delicious little bakery just donw the street from Steelhaven Hall; if you like, I could see about getting you a special treat there in the morning."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 17, 2016 5:44 pm

Adley:

"Smart girl to be wary. So, you don't know much about mages - now you know a little more, stay away from Nephandi especially.

"Yeah I am beginning to see why she saw them as bad news."
Nate agreed and sigh.

But you were around the Tremere, did you happen to hear anything strange or interesting? I know you said you weren't sat down for a briefing but sometimes it's easier to listen when one thinks one is not worth hearing. I'm sure that the Tremere leader has a few irons in the fire."

"Not much, this is what happened, I came into Chicago a few nights ago, I finally found where the Prince was located and went to introduce myself as is our custom, as I had expected he told me to get the hell out of his city or end up on his roof but on my way out this kid stopped me, he presented himself as the Tremere Regent, he said he had heard what had happened and said that if I where willing to work for him he would make sure I got to stay, then he gave me this address and told me that his allies here probably could need a hand and I accepted the offer, it is not like we rubbed elbows and had a long talk, I really head very little."
The vampire said.
"The little brat probably have quite a few irons in the fire yes but I know nothing about them, sorry."

"I see. That is a very tough life, Mr Vincent." Ah, even worse than Orphans. At least in modern times, usually. "I would not stay around here if I were you."

"Yeah...it is."
Nate muttered and looked away then he gave a bitter nod.
"Well if I where not tied down to a washing machine right now I would be out of here already so no, if you let me go I am not planning on sticking around no."
He agreed.

"I see. Well, that is a strange sort of mail to want to get a hold of...is there anything else you'd be able to tell me, Mr Vincent? Bear in mind, these Nephandi want to destroy people, even whole cities and will use anyone they can to achieve their goals. For a while, they will make a deal and it may seem sound. But with these in particular, any deal is only temporary - as long as you are useful to the cause, before being disposed. Or, simply the destruction catches up. It is hard to have an organized society with the Nephandi destroying the fabric of the world.

"No...I do not think there is much else."
Nate said as he considered...
"One of them, the big guy Gabriel said something about some fomori in Boston, what the hell that is though I do not know and I do not want to know. Also this Abigail they where taking orders from where not pleased, that much where made clear, they spoke with her on the phone and she was giving Gabriel an earful but in a language I do not know. Most of the time I spent on the top floor keeping watch so I really know very little."
The vampire said.
"I guess you nabbed yourself the wrong prisoner."

Vampires I must assume would want their society to endure, which in the end is not compatible with the Nephandi's true goal. Though I don't expect you to have much loyalty to vampire society given your mistreatment, anything else you might be willing to tell me about them or their dealings with the Tremere or where they are staying, could prove to be helpful."

"I would tell you if I can, I have not loyalty to them, but I can not think of much. I mean I am just a hired gun, nothing else."
Nate said and shook his head.
"I had orders of not letting anyone get close to the post office building, and other than that very few of them spoke much to me. Tian came up and we spoke for a while but he said nothing I think would be useful to you, we spoke about sports, and he told me had had a kid he was worried about, I mean it was everyday thing like that."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I do, however, have a far greater appreciation for what Beatrice has been through, or more particularly, anyone who's been Branded... That soreness, and vague sense of indignity is... unpleasant, even though I can manage."

"Yeah Branding is not good, I have seen it done, it is torture nothing else and really we are not in the dark ages anymore we should stop doing it."
Adjan said and sigh.
"As for Bee, yes poor girl, I can not imagine what she is going though, but I did hear the screams while they tried to..."
He muttered and trained of.
"Poor kid."

He smiled wryly, "Funny, though - the first thing that crossed my mind, or possibly the second, after 'oh, the pain', was Freddy... And then I come strolling out of the bedroom I was stuck in, and everyone's more worried about me."

"We are worried about Miss Adlebloom as well, she took a bad hit the way I am told, but Mrs Knox tells us she will recover...and when it comes to damage to the body vs the Avatar...well...I would take any physical wound over getting my soul hurt, that is why we where more worried about you."

He nodded again, "Relatively improved, even. I'm not even sure whether or not an Avatar growing bigger and stronger after shrugging off something like that is even previously documented. I've got the oddest feeling Master Telar is going to be poking and prodding at me for some time, in the name of science..."

"Well you would make an adorable lab rat..."
Adjan joked.
"I have never heard of it happening either, but yes I guess you are right she would want to find out how it happened."

He scratched his head, "Ah, well, I have an iPhone... I suppose I should switch to an Android of some sort; at least they have universal charger ports... Would you mind sending Adley a message, that I'm alive and well, and my phone is dead? And ask him if he knows about the chickens at the office."

"Yeah sure..."
Adjan said and begun writing a text."
"I think Fran have a Iphone but I do not know if she have her charger with her."
He said.
"You could ask her when she returns, she wanted to go and look in on Freddy, they are in the same Cabal you know, she is worried about her."

He smiled to Liv, "Ah, a pity I have neither cupcakes or homework for you, then. But I do know this delicious little bakery just donw the street from Steelhaven Hall; if you like, I could see about getting you a special treat there in the morning."

Liv gave a big smile.
"Thank you Sir, I would like that but I do not want to be a bother."
She said in Latin.
"You are very kind."

Adley you get a text from Adjan about an hour after the wounded was teleported back to Morningstar, the message read:
"CW asked me to send you this message, he is on his feel and is alright, just sore he says. FA is resting and the healers say she will recover. How are things on your end?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue May 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Colin grimaced, remembering all too well when he held her as the six Masters did their grisly work, "Yes, I remember her screams all too well... that girl has an impressive set of lungs."
He nodded, "All too true; the flesh can be more easily mended than he mind, which again, well... By the looks of it, Freddy's 'merely' suffering a form of traumatic blindness; I've seen similar things in the military hospital. It usually comes with various forms of concussion, and passes as soon as the mind sorts itself out. One of the nurses I spoke with in Iraq likened it to a small earthquake shaking all your stuff down on the floor; even if there's no actual damage, it still takes some time to put everything back where it's supposed to be."
He snorted, then grinned, "I had not expected to hear you refer to me as 'adorable', and I should warn you Freddy may yet be a bit on the jealous side."
He nodded, "Right, I met her at the infirmary; I think she wanted to sit for a bit with Freddy as she sleeps - she'd brought a glass of warm milk with honey for her. Freddy'd already fallen asleep at that point, though."

He smiled a bit sadly, "Yes, kind... There is... something I should have told you; I held it back because I thought it might be a bit easier on us all to wait until we get back, but... I have some bad news for you. I've had a bit to think of while I've been in a few days' worth of time bubbles tonight, and... would you like me to tell you the bad news now, or would you prefer to wait until we get to Boston?"
He sighed softly, "Either way... it will hurt, and sometimes, preparing mentally helps, while other times, it's better to get it over with at once. I thought this was the former, but now I'm not so certain anymore..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue May 17, 2016 6:26 pm

"Not much, this is what happened..."The little brat probably have quite a few irons in the fire yes but I know nothing about them, sorry.

Adley nodded. "Well, you have been inside somewhere when you met them. Can you talk about that at all?"

"Well if I where not tied down to a washing machine right now I would be out of here already so no, if you let me go I am not planning on sticking around no." He agreed

"Good."

"I would tell you if I can, I have not loyalty to them, but I can not think of much. I mean I am just a hired gun, nothing else."
Nate said and shook his head. "I had orders of not letting anyone get close to the post office building, and other than that very few of them spoke much to me. Tian came up and we spoke for a while but he said nothing I think would be useful to you, we spoke about sports, and he told me had had a kid he was worried about, I mean it was everyday thing like that.

"Alright, thank you Mr Vincent. For the time being, we will have to confine you to the stake so we can make ready. I apologize, I know it is painful and frightening but we can't let you just run out of here without seeing to a few things first," he said apologetically. "It would make you a target for both the Nephandi and the Tremere, assuming they cared enough to send out anyone to clean up or to make a scapegoat, as well as for us," he explained. "However, I will see if it is possible to get you get out of here without those troubles. Where would you prefer to be dropped? I'm not saying we will be able to do so for certain but if you had a choice..."

//
Adley you get a text from Adjan about an hour after the wounded was teleported back to Morningstar, the message read:
"CW asked me to send you this message, he is on his feel and is alright, just sore he says. FA is resting and the healers say she will recover. How are things on your end?
^About when does that happen, roundabout nowish during his chat with the vampire or..?

Last edited by s7trif3 on Tue May 17, 2016 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : question)
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 17, 2016 6:44 pm

Colin:

Colin grimaced, remembering all too well when he held her as the six Masters did their grisly work, "Yes, I remember her screams all too well... that girl has an impressive set of lungs."

"Yeah...I do hope that she will recover though."
Adjan said and sigh, he did not comment on how well disturbing it was that so much sound could come out of so small a woman.

He nodded, "All too true; the flesh can be more easily mended than he mind, which again, well... By the looks of it, Freddy's 'merely' suffering a form of traumatic blindness; I've seen similar things in the military hospital. It usually comes with various forms of concussion, and passes as soon as the mind sorts itself out. One of the nurses I spoke with in Iraq likened it to a small earthquake shaking all your stuff down on the floor; even if there's no actual damage, it still takes some time to put everything back where it's supposed to be."

"Yes indeed but it is also that well, our bodies are temporary our Avatars are not."
Adjan said then he nodded.
"I have heard about that as well. I do hope Freddy will be back on her feet, and that her eyesight will recover soon, she is a good woman Miss Adlebloom, I wish her the best."

He snorted, then grinned, "I had not expected to hear you refer to me as 'adorable', and I should warn you Freddy may yet be a bit on the jealous side."

"I better watch out then."
Adjan said and laugh.
"Well she have nothing to worry about, while I do not have time to think about love and with how much...Jhor...I have getting close to any woman would be wrong, it is women I like."
He said and smiled.

He nodded, "Right, I met her at the infirmary; I think she wanted to sit for a bit with Freddy as she sleeps - she'd brought a glass of warm milk with honey for her. Freddy'd already fallen asleep at that point, though."

"Yeah she said she wanted to sit with her Cabalmate for a while, she left her purse here but I do not feel comfortable going through a lady's bag without her permission, even if it is just looking for a charger for your phone."
The Euthanatos said and glanced at Francesca's teddy bear bad that had been left in the sofa.

He smiled a bit sadly, "Yes, kind... There is... something I should have told you; I held it back because I thought it might be a bit easier on us all to wait until we get back, but... I have some bad news for you. I've had a bit to think of while I've been in a few days' worth of time bubbles tonight, and... would you like me to tell you the bad news now, or would you prefer to wait until we get to Boston?"

Liv put her crayons and drawing aside and sat up straighter she gave Colin a serious look.
"Adults often try to hide things from children to not make us sad, it usually do not work though."
She said and looked down.
"Tell me, what is wrong Sir?"
The little girl asked.

He sighed softly, "Either way... it will hurt, and sometimes, preparing mentally helps, while other times, it's better to get it over with at once. I thought this was the former, but now I'm not so certain anymore..."

"You can tell me...I am going to become a Janissary I am brave."
Liv said proudly.

Adley:

Adley nodded. "Well, you have been inside somewhere when you met them. Can you talk about that at all?"

"Yeah it is one of the city's Elysiums it is up on the top floors of the Sears tower, there are offices and some common areas where people can sit and talk, I assume there are a few other things there as well but I did not see any of that, what do you want to know about it? I have also heard about one more Elysium at this dance club called The Succubus Club, it is supposed to have a VIP area for vampires, I have never been there though, I have just heard about it."

"Alright, thank you Mr Vincent. For the time being, we will have to confine you to the stake so we can make ready. I apologize, I know it is painful and frightening but we can't let you just run out of here without seeing to a few things first," he said apologetically.

"Please don't."
Nate whimpered.
"Don't stake me again, please. Listen I am not going to try to escape and I can not get anywhere, I can not break these chains, just leave me chained please."
He begged and you saw panic in his eyes.
"I am not going to cause any problems...I can't cause any problems, not chained up like this, please."
Nate looked up at you for a moment then he looked away again, avoiding eye contact by instinct.
"Listen all I can do that a normal human being can now, other than healing you know, is that I see auras and my senses are sharper and I can move a bit faster, I swear...please just leave me chained here until you have done whatever you need to do."

"It would make you a target for both the Nephandi and the Tremere, assuming they cared enough to send out anyone to clean up or to make a scapegoat, as well as for us," he explained.

"Yeah I know, I would have to leave both Chicago and Gary...see if some other city will accept me. I agree I can not stay and I am not running of, you do not have to stake me...please..."

"However, I will see if it is possible to get you get out of here without those troubles. Where would you prefer to be dropped? I'm not saying we will be able to do so for certain but if you had a choice..."

"Near a bus station if there is time to get anywhere before dawn...and if not, somewhere I can hide from the sun and then I can run the next night."
Nate said then he glance up at you again.
"What will happen if...you can not drop me of...are you going to kill me?"
He asked fearfully.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue May 17, 2016 7:02 pm

"Yeah it is one of the city's Elysiums it is up on the top floors of the Sears tower, there are offices and some common areas where people can sit and talk, I assume there are a few other things there as well but I did not see any of that, what do you want to know about it? I have also heard about one more Elysium at this dance club called The Succubus Club, it is supposed to have a VIP area for vampires, I have never been there though, I have just heard about it."

"How do you get in such a place? What the layout is...what about the roof? Something that might give us an idea what it's like in there, or how it's protected." he asked.

"Near a bus station if there is time to get anywhere before dawn...and if not, somewhere I can hide from the sun and then I can run the next night." Nate said then he glance up at you again. "What will happen if...you can not drop me of...are you going to kill me?" He asked fearfully.

"I didn't say that. I would not go to this length to ask if I wanted to kill you, Mr Vincent. I am not a cruel man, I would not sit here making you afraid of what's going to happen to you. Though you will have to understand that we need to keep you secure while we attend to what's just happened and figure out how to get you out. I'm not sure what would happen to you in your society should you have been captured but I assume that it would be worse than being staked for a little while," he said, though not unsympathetic to his fear. He couldn't help but think of Mr Lenoe; he hadn't much liked doing this to him either and he felt especially bad he'd used a poor stake. He sighed, looking unhappy about the situation.

//    
   "CW asked me to send you this message, he is on his feel and is alright, just sore he says. FA is resting and the healers say she will recover. How are things on your end?

^About when does that happen, roundabout nowish during his chat with the vampire or after...?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue May 17, 2016 7:13 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Yes... the Jhor would be an impairment for that. If I ever find some means of bleeding off unwanted resonance, you'll be the first to know. In the meantime, I don't suppose doing something more... life-affirming would help balance it out? Using magic on a regular basis to invigorate and preserve, perhaps a bit of gardening?"
He shook his head, "You are quite right - unless you are checking for life-saving medication or identification in an emergency, there's little to no justification for rifling through a lady's purse. Though, I've occasionally wondered if all women's purses are designed with a sophisticated Correspondence effect..."

He nodded to Liv, and took a deep breath, "It's... your father, Ulv. The Fallen who captured you used you to extort a favour from him. It's... bad; he was caught red-handed. While I will speak up on his behalf, to plea for a little lenience under the circumstances, I'm afraid things don't look good for him. He's... currently under arrest, and he was quite fearful for your life before we left to rescue you. I only hope at least some of his fears have been appeased when word got back that you were safe..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 17, 2016 8:03 pm

Adley:

"How do you get in such a place? What the layout is...what about the roof? Something that might give us an idea what it's like in there, or how it's protected." he asked.

"Well you take take the elevator up to the top floors, what I saw where a hallway where there where guards at the elevator, they took me to a lavishly furnished sitting room with a view over the city, then I was taken to the Prince's office, I saw two other offices along the way and another sitting room. The Prince's office was huge and fancy, there where marble floors and a huge chandelier in the roof and a ridiculously expensive desk, from there he looked down on one of the smaller roofs along the building, there where nothing down there but ash but I noted that it was made in a way so that the sun would hit the roof first while the office would still be safe for a while so someone could watch someone burn down there, The bloody Prince took delight in telling me I would end up there unless I got out of his city."
Nate said.

"I didn't say that. I would not go to this length to ask if I wanted to kill you, Mr Vincent. I am not a cruel man, I would not sit here making you afraid of what's going to happen to you.

"I...have not claimed you are cruel, you have spoken to me with more respect and kindness than most."
Nate muttered and he seamed to calm down a little.
"But you said you might not be able to drop me of, or rather that you would drop me off if able...I was just wondering what would happen to me if you are not able to do so."

Though you will have to understand that we need to keep you secure while we attend to what's just happened and figure out how to get you out. I'm not sure what would happen to you in your society should you have been captured but I assume that it would be worse than being staked for a little while," he said, though not unsympathetic to his fear. He couldn't help but think of Mr Lenoe; he hadn't much liked doing this to him either and he felt especially bad he'd used a poor stake. He sighed, looking unhappy about the situation.

"I understand why you are doing it Mr Theodore, I do not blame you I probably would have done the same in your situation, but please you can keep me restrained without staking me, I can not break these chains...or if need be break my arms and legs that will hurt far less...please."
He muttered and looked away.
"Yes if the others of my kind catch me they will kill me and yes being staked is better than dying, absolutely, but it hurts so much and it so...it freaks me out...have you ever experienced sleep paralysis Mr Theodore? Imagine that fear that comes with that, where you are sure that someone is there with you and is just about to murder you while you are trapped in your own body, conscious but unable to move. Imagine that but that instead of lasting a few seconds it lasts until someone remove the stake and in addition there is this constant, searing pain, and you can't even scream..."
The vampire said softly and shuddered.

(OOC: Let us say Adley get the text message about when he is done speaking with Nate Vincent.)

Colin:

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Yes... the Jhor would be an impairment for that. If I ever find some means of bleeding off unwanted resonance, you'll be the first to know. In the meantime, I don't suppose doing something more... life-affirming would help balance it out? Using magic on a regular basis to invigorate and preserve, perhaps a bit of gardening?"

"I will appreciate it if you ever make such a discovery Mr Wainwright."
Adjan said then he gave a sad smile.
"Yes doing life affirming things as you put it do actually help, but often it can not balance the Necromancer's Bane as Jhor is so lovingly called, completely out, it can only slow the decay."

He shook his head, "You are quite right - unless you are checking for life-saving medication or identification in an emergency, there's little to no justification for rifling through a lady's purse. Though, I've occasionally wondered if all women's purses are designed with a sophisticated Correspondence effect..."

"Yes they are."
Adjan said and smiled.
"The same as a woman tend to be able to just get more in a suitcase than we do, it is Correspondence magick but it is of the kind that everyone accept and which is just a part of everyday life so it get accepted and laughed off rather than seen as magick by the sleepers. The world is full of magick that have been just accepted as odd quirks but the Consensus."

He nodded to Liv, and took a deep breath, "It's... your father, Ulv. The Fallen who captured you used you to extort a favour from him. It's... bad; he was caught red-handed. While I will speak up on his behalf, to plea for a little lenience under the circumstances, I'm afraid things don't look good for him. He's... currently under arrest, and he was quite fearful for your life before we left to rescue you. I only hope at least some of his fears have been appeased when word got back that you were safe..."

Liv was very quiet for a while, then she started looking worried.
"What did my dad do Sir?"
She asked, she folded her little hands in her lap.
"He is arrested...is he going to be executed?"
She asked softly, she might be young but she had been a part of the Traditions for long enough to know that it's justice system was harsh.
"I do not want my dad to die."
She muttered and tears started to well up in her eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Colin frowned for a moment, then smirked, "I should have figured there were loopholes like that in the Consensus... It certainly explains how my dear auntie managed to fit a sweater project with 10-inch knitting needles in an 8-inch handbag..."

He nodded to Liv, "He... collaborated with the Fallen - gave them some information, a lock of hair from a Chantry member, and he... helped let loose an avatar feeder from the island off Horizon in the Chantry. I'm afraid... he just might be facing worse punishment than death. He may be... forced to live on instead. And if you realize what that means, I'm truly sorry, but I'm afraid there's very little in the way of extenuating circumstances in his favour..."
He kneeled in front of her, "Like I said, I will testify on his behalf; he was under extreme duress, and manipulated by someone whose word he thought he could trust. Unfortunately, the word of an Orphan, however persuasive, won't count for much, I'm afraid."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 17, 2016 8:35 pm

Colin frowned for a moment, then smirked, "I should have figured there were loopholes like that in the Consensus... It certainly explains how my dear auntie managed to fit a sweater project with 10-inch knitting needles in an 8-inch handbag..."

"Some of these things are right up a part of the Consensus, like how much women manage to fit into their purses, other things are straight up loop holes, and that is how hedge magic works, finding those loopholes in reality that allow for magic that are not affected by the Consensus."
The Euthanatos explained.

He nodded to Liv, "He... collaborated with the Fallen - gave them some information, a lock of hair from a Chantry member, and he... helped let loose an avatar feeder from the island off Horizon in the Chantry. I'm afraid... he just might be facing worse punishment than death. He may be... forced to live on instead. And if you realize what that means, I'm truly sorry, but I'm afraid there's very little in the way of extenuating circumstances in his favour..."

"I...have never hear about Avatar feeders Sir but...I know how serious cooperation with the Fallen is and what the punishment for that...can be."
Liv whispered, her eyes watered even more and she had turned very pale.
"I...do not want to loose him Sir, no matter what he have done he is still my dad...please..."
She wept sounding absolutely horrified.

He kneeled in front of her, "Like I said, I will testify on his behalf; he was under extreme duress, and manipulated by someone whose word he thought he could trust. Unfortunately, the word of an Orphan, however persuasive, won't count for much, I'm afraid."

"I do not care if you are an Orphan...perhaps the Tribunal will not care either."
The little girl muttered hopefully then she threw her little arms around you and started bawling, her small body shaking.
"Please do not let them hurt my dad."
She sobbed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue May 17, 2016 8:37 pm

"Well you take take the elevator up to the top floors, what I saw where a hallway where there where guards at the elevator, they took me to a lavishly furnished sitting room with a view over the city, then I was taken to the Prince's office, I saw two other offices along the way and another sitting room. The Prince's office was huge and fancy, there where marble floors and a huge chandelier in the roof and a ridiculously expensive desk, from there he looked down on one of the smaller roofs along the building, there where nothing down there but ash but I noted that it was made in a way so that the sun would hit the roof first while the office would still be safe for a while so someone could watch someone burn down there, The bloody Prince took delight in telling me I would end up there unless I got out of his city."
Nate said.

"I see," he frowned. "From which window-side were you looking at the roof? If you were sitting at the Prince's desk, say, was it the right hand side, left, behind you? Before you?"

"I...have not claimed you are cruel, you have spoken to me with more respect and kindness than most." Nate muttered and he seamed to calm down a little. "But you said you might not be able to drop me of, or rather that you would drop me off if able...I was just wondering what would happen to me if you are not able to do so.

"Then something else would need to be figured out, though I don't wish to kill you. However, I was meaning that I might not be able to drop you where you wanted me to."

"I understand why you are doing it Mr Theodore, I do not blame you I probably would have done the same in your situation, but please you can keep me restrained without staking me, I can not break these chains...or if need be break my arms and legs that will hurt far less...please...Imagine that but that instead of lasting a few seconds it lasts until someone remove the stake and in addition there is this constant, searing pain, and you can't even scream..." The vampire said softly and shuddered.

He sighed again. The vampire had kept his shit together getting the stake out the first time. He might not be able to a second time; if they were going to let him go a frenzying vampire would be bad news. But he could not afford to trust him totally. "I'm going to figure out what to do to get you out and return with a plan. I would like your continued cooperation because I am trying to keep trouble and harm's way to a minimum. Alright?" He glanced sidelong towards Hayden and asked him in Latin, "How long will that working hold him down?" Possibly he knew Latin, he had no idea how old he really was, after all.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue May 17, 2016 8:41 pm

Colin sighed and gently embraced Liv, letting her cry on his shoulder, "I'll do what I can. That is all I can promise."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 17, 2016 8:52 pm

"I know my dad can be rude and stupid at times but I love him, he is my dad..."
Liv sobbed helplessly.
"I do not want something bad to happen to him and not that thing you spoke about Sir...please help him."
The little girl bawled, shaking in your arm, she might be brave and mature for her age, a maturity caused by her apprenticeship, but at the end of the day she was just a little ten year old girl who now was very scared for her father.

(OOC: Oops I missed Strife's post I will work on that now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue May 17, 2016 9:04 pm

"I see," he frowned. "From which window-side were you looking at the roof? If you were sitting at the Prince's desk, say, was it the right hand side, left, behind you? Before you?"

"The window is across the room from the Prince's desk, he can look straight out of it, and the desk is on the right hand side from the door you come in through."
Nate explained.

"Then something else would need to be figured out, though I don't wish to kill you. However, I was meaning that I might not be able to drop you where you wanted me to."

The vampire seamed to calm down.
"O...ok I understand, well as long as you do not drop me off in the middle of the day I should be fine."
He said sounding relieved that you where not planning to kill him, very relieved.

He sighed again. The vampire had kept his shit together getting the stake out the first time. He might not be able to a second time; if they were going to let him go a frenzying vampire would be bad news. But he could not afford to trust him totally. "I'm going to figure out what to do to get you out and return with a plan. I would like your continued cooperation because I am trying to keep trouble and harm's way to a minimum. Alright?"

"Yeah off course I will cooperate."
Nate said, he looked terrified but he nodded.
"And I am grateful to you for trying to find a solution, not many would do the same."
He added hastily.

He glanced sidelong towards Hayden and asked him in Latin, "How long will that working hold him down?" Possibly he knew Latin, he had no idea how old he really was, after all.

"Right now I am maintaining it with my will and can do so for as long as I focus on it, but I can just leave the rote as a temporary enchantment, if I do that I suspect it will last for...an hour or two before I have to cast it again, it really are not a hard working, I should be able to control our new friend here, if his powers are what he says and he have been telling the truth, the problem is if he have other forms of hedge magic that he can cause problems with, some of them can be quite dangerous, and while limited in scope their powers are often quicker to get going than ours."
Hayden replied in Latin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue May 17, 2016 9:50 pm

Colin knelt there for a while, as Liv cried herself dry. Glancing up at Adjan with a sad expression, he said, "NOW it hurts. But I couldn't keep the choice of hearing about her father from her any longer... Let us hope it was the right choice."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed May 18, 2016 12:44 am

Friday:
NO, actually i haven't. I don't remember if i need to do something, so... Would you like to have lunch with me? We could bring Coawa, Lily and Alessa. He offered I could make you something.

Saturday:
I talk to them. Accompany me to sing, then, if you like. Tane opened every window and the door, and he sat to her feet and placed a hand on her leg. I'm begining. he said. Tane raised his hands and fire erupted from his palms. THe smoke raised, and his gutural voice raised in a deep, thumbing way. The song was rythmic and powerful, consuming the moment and pumping into the ears of both. It was also something they could feel on their chests and hips. With this, the smoke took shape little by little
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed May 18, 2016 5:12 am

Colin:

Adjan looks sadly at the girl and nodded.
"If it is any comfort, I doubt her father will be...Gilgulled, his crimes do have that as the maximum punishment and under normal circumstances, with him releasing an Avatar eater, attacking several members of his Chantry on behalf of the Nephandi and yes well causing the problems he have there would be a good chance of that outcome...but with at least three Fallen to put on trial, and then the Chief's new apprentice...well another Gilgul might stir the pot to much. If I where to give a guess as to the fate of Mr Bergen it is Branding and death, horrible yes, but not quite as bad."
The Euthanatos said in a serious tone of voice.
"Can I get the child anything...anything to cheer her up?"
He asked after a while, he spoke in English but clearly understood Latin since he had heard what you told the little Hermetic.

Liv cried until she was exhausted in your arms, then she finally muttered.
"Will they let me see my dad...before his trial?"
Her voice soft and sore from all that weeping.

Tane:

Friday:

Henrietta smiles and nods.
"I would love to meet your fera friends Tane, so yes I would like that, let us bring Lily and have lunch."
The hedge wizard agreed.
"My, my home cooking, that beats what I have in the fridge which is mostly things packed in plastic that you microwave, it is settled then, where should we go then? Your place?"

Saturday:

The old Dreamspeaker nodded.
"Very well Mr Karyak, I will sing with you."
She agreed though she was a bit nervous and she joined your song in a beautiful, steady voice. Slowly you begun to see something in the smoke, it took the shape of a very old man, his skin was as black as obsidian and his hair as white as snow, while a network of fine wrinkles criss crossed his skin. The man wore a simple robe and was leaning on a walking stick, his eyes where kind and wise though he did not look please to be looked at by anyone but his host.
"This place is not for you."
He said in a soft, gentle voice. You see that at his side was something that looked like a shard of dark, oily glass, sticking deep into the old man, hurting him, the glass looked twisted and wrong. The Deaconess smiled a little as she saw the old man but she gave the shard a concerned look.
"I see my Avatar in the form of my grandfather, a powerful old shaman. I know it is not him, he is with my ancestors, but it takes his shape, it have always been comforting."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed May 18, 2016 5:59 am

"The window is across the room from the Prince's desk, he can look straight out of it, and the desk is on the right hand side from the door you come in through."

"Charming. What does he look like, and the Tremere child?"

The vampire seamed to calm down. "O...ok I understand, well as long as you do not drop me off in the middle of the day I should be fine."
He said sounding relieved that you where not planning to kill him, very relieved

He nodded at that. Then he listened to Hayden's explanation and looked to see if they'd affixed the cuffs to the prisoner. The Chief had seemed to think it would work on hedge magick, but he wasn't sure if it work on all vampire magick. "If you press him down a bit harder, so he can't move, that might work. I can ask our...expert. For advice. If we must to keep us safe while we find a way to get him out, then I will do so."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed May 18, 2016 6:46 am

"Charming. What does he look like, and the Tremere child?"

"Prince Lodin? He is tall, imposing and blond, he looks Nordic with well kept hair and blue eyes, he is slightly plump and wears the most expensive suits."
Nate said then he continued.
"The Tremere brat looks like a ten year old boy, he is lanky and thin, dark of hair and eye with sharp features and eyes far to cunning and intelligent for a child. He wore a suit when I saw him, so he dress like an adult."

He nodded at that. Then he listened to Hayden's explanation and looked to see if they'd affixed the cuffs to the prisoner.

They had done so, his hands where cuffed behind his back before he was chained down to the washer.

"If you press him down a bit harder, so he can't move, that might work. I can ask our...expert. For advice. If we must to keep us safe while we find a way to get him out, then I will do so."

Hayden nodded.
"Miss Jarden is in the other room I think."
He said as he made a symbol with his wand and the vampire gasped as the invisible force holding him pressed him against the washer and floor harder.
"I am just keeping you still Mr Vincent, I am not going to harm you."
The war mage tried to assure the vampire but he did not look very assured. Hayden turned to you again.
"I agree, if we have to stake him, we will but if there is some alternative then I do not wish to cause him that much pain."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top