The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat May 14, 2016 4:23 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Perhaps it could be argued that the other Founders were great due to their innate power, while Tremere was great rather in spite of it - if he had a frail Avatar and still managed to stand shoulder to shoulder with the others, that would certainly be liable to give him a skewed ego over the years..."

"Yes indeed, it was never Magick that was Tremere's strong point, and he managed to gain allot of respect even if he was weaker than all the other Founders, and their apprentices, in fact his own students was probably more powerful than him...he managed to make it by wit not by power. It might hae been his ego, but I think more it was fear that did him in, fear that all he had built would crumble to dust."
Crexia said sadly.

He scritched his chin, "There's another author I could mention - a Christine Morgan; she's got a couple of fantasy trilogies, as well as some children's books. Some horror of varying visceral degree as well, I think, but that's hardly my go-to genre. The novels are... well, perhaps a little formulaic, but the characters are solid."

"Hum...I will remember this author's name."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Thank you, I do not often get the chance to read just for the pleasure of it, but when I do, I might pick up something new."

He nodded, finishing the last sandwich and washing it down with the last swig of tea, "I believe I am as ready as I can get. Though, I suppose I could end up with worse company than you stuck between the seconds. Oh, and do feel free to examine the drawing while I... groom."

"Well you are quite a charmer young man."
The old maga said with a thin smile then she put the last stich in her embroidery and well time slammed back to normal, even if she had done the transition slowly it still gave you a sense of vertigo and confusion as time suddenly ran differently. Crexia slowly stood and walked over to the desk to have a look at your drawing.
"You draw well Mr Wainwright...and yes indeed this is the street next to the Verbena clinic on Horizon."
The old Hermetic said as she sat down by the desk to study the drawing.
"You should find everything you need in the bathroom Mr Wainwright...through there."
She said and pointed with a thin hand towards one of the doors leading out of the small bedroom.

(OOC: Then I would like a Willpower roll diff 6 to see how well Colin do with time snapping back to normal.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat May 14, 2016 4:33 pm

Colin grinned, "When one finds oneself quite unable to lie, I suppose one needs to cultivate a certain kind of charm instead."
He nodded, suddenly feeling the brief moment of vertigo as times realigned, "Drawing was a necessary part of my education as a silversmith; I always had a good eye and hand for detail, but I needed just that little extra training for engraving... And, of course, it doesn't hurt that i can draw a circle freehand."

((OOC: Aight, Willpower roll... One dot in Time probably helps a little, so here goes...4,5,5,7,8,0.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat May 14, 2016 5:03 pm

Colin grinned, "When one finds oneself quite unable to lie, I suppose one needs to cultivate a certain kind of charm instead."

"Well charm can be it's own kind of weapon Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and give you a cunning smile.

He nodded, suddenly feeling the brief moment of vertigo as times realigned, "Drawing was a necessary part of my education as a silversmith; I always had a good eye and hand for detail, but I needed just that little extra training for engraving... And, of course, it doesn't hurt that i can draw a circle freehand."

"I would dabble in drawing myself...but I prefer to make pictures with needle and thread."
Crexia said as she studies the picture.
"Well from this I would say you are probably good at your job Mr Wainwright."

You feel a bit of vertigo and an uneasy feeling in your guts but other than that you are fine, the shift in time do not affect you that much really.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat May 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Colin sighed, a sad glint in his eyes, "Quite, and kindness a deadlier one yet..."
He smiled, "Yes, my work does receive some praise; there are a few married couples who wear my work on their fingers, and a certain Master of the Art who wears a locket gifted by a certain security chief... Seeing that sort of shared affection materialized in my work is... most pleasing."
He arched an eyebrow, "Right, now we are back in sync with the rest of the world, I think... I'll probably be a few minutes, at least."
He then vanished into the bathroom with a slight spring in his step, and rummaged a bit around for the necessary equipment for a neat shave before hopping into the shower.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat May 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Colin sighed, a sad glint in his eyes, "Quite, and kindness a deadlier one yet..."

"Yes...it often can be...quite an effective and cruel weapon indeed."
The old mage said softly.

He smiled, "Yes, my work does receive some praise; there are a few married couples who wear my work on their fingers, and a certain Master of the Art who wears a locket gifted by a certain security chief... Seeing that sort of shared affection materialized in my work is... most pleasing."

"Hum...perhaps I should go by your workshop and pick out something for my lover the next time I am in Boston, unless you would be uncomfortable with your work being given from one woman to another in an intimate relationship, there are still many who have a problem with that, even in this day and age."

He arched an eyebrow, "Right, now we are back in sync with the rest of the world, I think... I'll probably be a few minutes, at least."

"Very well I will wait, then make sure you get safely back to your Chantrymates, I am sure they are eager to see you, they where most worried about your condition."

He then vanished into the bathroom with a slight spring in his step, and rummaged a bit around for the necessary equipment for a neat shave before hopping into the shower.

You find some one time use razors in one cabinet, as well as soap, towels and what else you need to take care of your grooming needs.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat May 14, 2016 6:53 pm

"What if we leave Magda here with one of the Umbroods and then I can collect the vampire, he is not likely to put up much of a fight in that condition, at most he can glare at me." The Mercere suggested. "And you can either come with me Sodalis or get started on sorting through what the Nephandi had on them."

"One moment. If we're bringing him in, two things: where should we bring him and two, I should clean up a bit. Even if he's staked, I might be distracting," he said. Participating in Verbena blood rituals was not exactly tidy and if they hardly needed a frenzied vampire, should they have to remove the stake.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat May 14, 2016 7:06 pm

"One moment. If we're bringing him in, two things: where should we bring him and two, I should clean up a bit. Even if he's staked, I might be distracting," he said. Participating in Verbena blood rituals was not exactly tidy and if they hardly needed a frenzied vampire, should they have to remove the stake.

"Hum...one of the bedrooms upstairs perhaps, we have a couple of guest rooms up there and one of them have this old metal bed, the thing weight a ton, I am pretty sure we can chain him down into it."
Jerome said.
"And hopefully there is not to much blood and mess up there, but yes you do have a sort of a Hannibal Lecter look right now which might not be the best for talking with a vampire."
Jerome said with a bit of a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat May 14, 2016 8:47 pm

Colin nodded, "It can be deadly without cruelty... Or rather, it can be deadly without being cruel to the victim, I suppose... To the one displaying sincere kindness, though..."
He shook his head, dismissing that train of thought, "I would be honoured, actually. Love is too precious for anyone to have any right to intervene or object, so long as both parties are informed and consenting. I've made a number of engagement and wedding rings for couples of various configurations, and they've all seemed very much in love. If they make one another so happy, how could I object to that?"
He grinned, "I suppose I really need to get myself one of those new-fangled 'I am an ally' lapel pins I've seen a few of. Right, I appreciate it, and I'll see you in a little while."
Showering was fine; scrubbing off what felt like three days' worth of residue - which was accurate enough - was much needed. Shaving, though... The razor was functional, but the rather liberally distributed scar tissue made it slightly awkward to get the stubble away and avoid nicks. Not impossible, but a clear reminder of why he preferred the electric shaver...

Emerging from the bathroom, he grumbled, "I need to develop a rote for a smooth shave..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat May 14, 2016 9:08 pm

Colin nodded, "It can be deadly without cruelty... Or rather, it can be deadly without being cruel to the victim, I suppose... To the one displaying sincere kindness, though..."

"Hum...well sometimes kindness and cruelty can be the same thing Mr Wainwright depending on which perspective one look at it from."
Crexia said and frowned.

He shook his head, dismissing that train of thought, "I would be honoured, actually. Love is too precious for anyone to have any right to intervene or object, so long as both parties are informed and consenting. I've made a number of engagement and wedding rings for couples of various configurations, and they've all seemed very much in love. If they make one another so happy, how could I object to that?"

"I appreciate your open mindedness young man."
The old maga said and smiles.
"Well yes love can brighten a otherwise cold existence, and that a creature like me can find someone to care about is quite...warming. Well then I will pick something up the next time I am near Boston."
Crexia said and nodded.

He grinned, "I suppose I really need to get myself one of those new-fangled 'I am an ally' lapel pins I've seen a few of. Right, I appreciate it, and I'll see you in a little while."

"I have never been one for pins and slogans but your opinion are appreciated. Very well then take the time you need Mr Wainwright."

Emerging from the bathroom, he grumbled, "I need to develop a rote for a smooth shave..."

"Well Ars Corpus should be able to help you with that Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and stood and handed you your drawing.
"Ready to go and rejoin the rest of your party?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat May 14, 2016 9:30 pm

"Hum...one of the bedrooms upstairs perhaps, we have a couple of guest rooms up there and one of them have this old metal bed, the thing weight a ton, I am pretty sure we can chain him down into it." Jerome said.

"I was told that anchoring them to the floor would be better, but it might not be the best with a wood floor. Vampires in frenzy are inordinately strong and pulling a stake out, if we do that, tends to trigger it as one might imagine. But perhaps if we have a spell to hold him down till he comes to his senses...at any rate, let's get him in. Is there a washbasin on this floor, or a faucet for laundry or something like that?" he asked Jerome. "If you are up to watching his back," he said to Magda, "Then please do so, or you can stay here to watch the vault. Both are valuable."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat May 14, 2016 9:37 pm

Colin nodded, "Yes, I believe I am ready to return to the land of the living, in a manner of speaking. Er, no offense intended, of course."
He swiftly pocketed his gear, making a mental note that his pistol was useless for now, and fished out one of his business cards from the little engraved case, "Oh, yes, if you mean to visit my modest little shop, having the address might help... Here."
He handed Crexia the card, "It's pretty much right around the corner from Steelhaven Hall."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat May 14, 2016 9:53 pm

Adley:

"I was told that anchoring them to the floor would be better, but it might not be the best with a wood floor. Vampires in frenzy are inordinately strong and pulling a stake out, if we do that, tends to trigger it as one might imagine.

"I can understand them, being in that state must be upsetting, the question are if we can get anything out of him without releasing them from the stake, I do not know much about their kind, but the way I understand it, they are pretty much sentient statues while in that state."
Jerome said and sigh.
"Perhaps bringing him down here then...."

But perhaps if we have a spell to hold him down till he comes to his senses...at any rate, let's get him in.

"I think Hayden can do that, he is good at manipulating Auram, all I could do unfortunately is sit on him."
The Mercere said sadly.
"Yes, let us get him in first and then decide where to put him."

Is there a washbasin on this floor, or a faucet for laundry or something like that?" he asked Jerome.

"Yeah, the wash room is right in there, second door to the right."
Jerome said and pointed at one of the blue, wood doors down here in the basement.

"If you are up to watching his back," he said to Magda, "Then please do so, or you can stay here to watch the vault. Both are valuable."

"I can go with Jerome Sir."
Magda said, eager to be out of the basement and try to forget what she had seen down here. Jerome nodded he patted the girl on the shoulder.
"Let us go get our fanged friend out there then."
He said and begun to lead the girl out of the room.
"Take care down here Mr Roth Hicks..."
He said.
"Be careful."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Yes, I believe I am ready to return to the land of the living, in a manner of speaking. Er, no offense intended, of course."

"Ah, undead humor."
Crexia said and grinned.
"Well then let us go young man, I am sure your friends are eager to see that you are alright, well relatively alright."
The old mage said and give you a concerned look.
"That said how are you feeling Mr Wainwright? Mentally I mean you where rather close to...something quite horrible."

He swiftly pocketed his gear, making a mental note that his pistol was useless for now, and fished out one of his business cards from the little engraved case, "Oh, yes, if you mean to visit my modest little shop, having the address might help... Here."
He handed Crexia the card, "It's pretty much right around the corner from Steelhaven Hall."

Crexia took the card and nodded.
"Very good...I will have to have a look...you do not happen to have any birds, for a pendant I mean, swans in particular? That is her name Swan."
She said as she pocketed the card.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat May 14, 2016 11:06 pm

Colin pondered, "Actually... I feel rather fine. I mean, I have this ache all over, rather like what one feels after overexerting oneself on every machine at the gym, except it's not physical. But the thing is, I don't really remember what happened clearly; not after Freddy got shot. It's rather as though my consciousness was out of it for the critical moments, and only returned for an instant when it hurt everywhere and nowhere. I... think I would have felt worse if I had been fully aware of what was happening, but... I think my Avatar took over the defenses and the concerns at the time, and that may well have shielded my mind from the terror of it all. I've been told I have a Pattern Avatar, and it seems to me it pursued the most rational course of action to protect itself, which meant assuming direct control of my abilities. It... happened once before, when my helicopter was shot down in Iraq. I may have the medals for saving my copilot and passengers, but I was not conscious at the time of the landing..."
He considered his stock for a moment, "I don't think I have any swans of any sort in stock - mostly doves, and a few rather generic-looking birds. On the bright side, that just gives a few wider possibilities for custom work."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat May 14, 2016 11:24 pm

"I can understand them, being in that state must be upsetting, the question are if we can get anything out of him without releasing them from the stake, I do not know much about their kind, but the way I understand it, they are pretty much sentient statues while in that state." Jerome said and sigh. "Perhaps bringing him down here then...."

"Possibly, yes," he agreed with regards to keeping the stake in place. He'd rather do that but if they let him go, they'd have to deal with the possibility.

"I think Hayden can do that, he is good at manipulating Auram, all I could do unfortunately is sit on him." The Mercere said sadly. "Yes, let us get him in first and then decide where to put him."

"You do more than that, sodalis." Then he nodded as he said he'd go bring him in.

"Let us go get our fanged friend out there then." He said and begun to lead the girl out of the room. "Take care down here Mr Roth Hicks..." He said. "Be careful."

"You as well, both of you keep alert. Best not to treat the area as completely secure as of yet. Check back in," He then requested that Allassor guard the vault and let him know if anyone or thing seemed strange. Then took his own and Jerome's advice, proceeding cautiously and armed towards the washroom.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun May 15, 2016 4:43 am

Colin:

Colin pondered, "Actually... I feel rather fine. I mean, I have this ache all over, rather like what one feels after overexerting oneself on every machine at the gym, except it's not physical. But the thing is, I don't really remember what happened clearly; not after Freddy got shot. It's rather as though my consciousness was out of it for the critical moments, and only returned for an instant when it hurt everywhere and nowhere. I... think I would have felt worse if I had been fully aware of what was happening, but... I think my Avatar took over the defenses and the concerns at the time, and that may well have shielded my mind from the terror of it all.

"Good, sometimes the mental impact after an injury like yours can be worse than the injury. Like I said your Avatar will be fine, you are not hurt worse than what is common for a looser in a Core War, so give it a week or two and the ache should be completely gone. Yes I do believe your Avatar protected you, it is a crafty little spirit, or whatever you feel that it is, I do wonder how it was able to act that independently given his size, but like I said he is probably just stubborn. I am glad you are feeling alright though Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and smiled.

I've been told I have a Pattern Avatar, and it seems to me it pursued the most rational course of action to protect itself, which meant assuming direct control of my abilities. It... happened once before, when my helicopter was shot down in Iraq. I may have the medals for saving my copilot and passengers, but I was not conscious at the time of the landing..."

"It is indeed pattern though a rather, active one for that Essence. Your theory might very well be correct, remember they are not just a spirit attached to you, they are your higher self, the part of your being that give you inspiration. When an artist suddenly get a touch of brilliance, even a sleeper, that is his Avatar stirring in it's sleep, they are a part of you for as long as they are incarnated in you, part of your soul so yes they can take over, though they do not often do so."

He considered his stock for a moment, "I don't think I have any swans of any sort in stock - mostly doves, and a few rather generic-looking birds. On the bright side, that just gives a few wider possibilities for custom work."

"Hum...perhaps I should ask for something custom then, a delicate swan pendant. I will contact your store and make the arrangements once all of this craziness are done with, would that be agreeable to you young man?"
The old Archmage asked.

Adley:

"Possibly, yes," he agreed with regards to keeping the stake in place. He'd rather do that but if they let him go, they'd have to deal with the possibility.

"Perhaps he will have some way to communicate, we will have to see, but if not if we are going to get anything out of him, then we are going to let him speak."
Jerome said and sigh.
"Damn it Kristina is really the one who know about vampires."
He sigh.

"You do more than that, sodalis." Then he nodded as he said he'd go bring him in.

Jerome smiled a little at that.

"You as well, both of you keep alert. Best not to treat the area as completely secure as of yet. Check back in," He then requested that Allassor guard the vault and let him know if anyone or thing seemed strange. Then took his own and Jerome's advice, proceeding cautiously and armed towards the washroom.

Jerome nodded.
"I will do so Sodalis."
He said before he brought Magda with him and left.

Allassor reply.
"I will preserve the vault, it is good metal, good earth."
You do not see him right now but you know he is there.

You get to the wash room, it is a small chamber with blue painted walls, there are two washing machines, stacked on top of one another and two driers stacked the same way there, several basket of dirty laudery, a area for ironing clothes and lines in the roof for things that needs to be air tried and this currently held one of the women's ruffled silk blouse, in addition there where a cabinet where you found everything you would need to wash the floor, buckets, wash cloths and the like. As you enter the wash room you get a text message from Joakim it reads.

"Reinforcements are on the way, two Awakened and two of my apprentices and one other, you will not like her, but if vampires is involved, she will be useful, I am placing her under your authority and she can be trusted. They are coming through the Umbra."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun May 15, 2016 5:10 am

"Perhaps he will have some way to communicate, we will have to see, but if not if we are going to get anything out of him, then we are going to let him speak."Jerome said and sigh. "Damn it Kristina is really the one who know about vampires."

"I've seen it done, communication while staked. Let's get him in. Kristina was invaluable but she did a lot of hard work."

Allassor reply. "I will preserve the vault, it is good metal, good earth."You do not see him right now but you know he is there.

"Thank you. We do not wish anyone to go inside and take what is there within it that are hostile to us."

"Reinforcements are on the way, two Awakened and two of my apprentices and one other, you will not like her, but if vampires is involved, she will be useful, I am placing her under your authority and she can be trusted. They are coming through the Umbra."

He didn't exactly like being told he would not like someone before they'd met them. It didn't bode well but he gathered himself. Dislike was one thing but if it was going to be trouble...He put the phone away and cleaned himself as best he could and then anything he touched. As he was washing the water down the drain so that nothing was left and cleaning it up as best he could, something clicked, as his brain went from fight-mode into thinking mode. "Shit..." He wasn't sure...but he just remembered something that Madam Rose had told him just before they left about a research chantry and Claire's mentor...but that had been an umbral research facility. The vampire that had been in Abigail's labyrinth...her old colleague died and the vampire had been passed on like a piece of luggage to his apprentice and now was apparently in Chantry Lavender. Perhaps it had nothing to do with that...not so directly. But then that realised that he didn't know who the package was going to or from, specifically but that it was going to a research facility in Spain from Horizon. Horizon again. He frowned. Another piece in a puzzle that kept turning out larger than the box.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun May 15, 2016 6:13 am

"I've seen it done, communication while staked. Let's get him in. Kristina was invaluable but she did a lot of hard work."

"That is did, when it comes to healing she cares more about her patients than her own health."
Jerome agreed.
"She is a good woman, a bit prickly like most Verbena, but a good woman non the less."

"Thank you. We do not wish anyone to go inside and take what is there within it that are hostile to us."

"No one will go inside the good metal door."
Allassor agreed, the door to the vault really did seam to please him.

You stand there washing up then your phone make a sound again and this time the message is from a number you do not know, it simply read.
"Sodalis, we have arrived outside of the Post Office, we are the reinforcements from the Chief, I did not just want to show up unannounced given the situation, we have met up with two of your party carrying a prisoner, should we come in?"

(OOC: That is a very nice door, a thick metal vault door, the sure thing to please an earth elemental. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun May 15, 2016 7:41 am

"That is did, when it comes to healing she cares more about her patients than her own health." Jerome agreed. "She is a good woman, a bit prickly like most Verbena, but a good woman non the less."

"I like her," he said, then gave him a small smile. "Ah, yes I know some prickly Verbena." But he didn't name anyone. Strange though Bee was about as nice as you could get. Master Nassa, though, caught in his reincarnation loop still hated his House and by default, himself. Well, maybe himself a touch less than last week.

"No one will go inside the good metal door." Allassor agreed, the door to the vault really did seam to please him.

One could not argue with one so pleased with their duty. Adley found the Elementals reassuring, a steadying presence that certainly had helped him in more ways than he could have imagined.

You stand there washing up then your phone make a sound again and this time the message is from a number you do not know, it simply read. "Sodalis, we have arrived outside of the Post Office, we are the reinforcements from the Chief, I did not just want to show up unannounced given the situation, we have met up with two of your party carrying a prisoner, should we come in?"

"That was fast," he muttered to himself, rubbing a hand dry and adding the room to areas to clean up. He double checked with Jerome in a text. "Confirm?" He was wary, perhaps paranoid - true if they'd wanted to jump him then they'd have done so. It wasn't as if vampires had to bother with the old wives tale of being invited inside, at least not usually.

// An elemental with simple taste! Knows what it likes. xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun May 15, 2016 8:17 am

"I like her," he said, then gave him a small smile. "Ah, yes I know some prickly Verbena." But he didn't name anyone. Strange though Bee was about as nice as you could get. Master Nassa, though, caught in his reincarnation loop still hated his House and by default, himself. Well, maybe himself a touch less than last week.

"I like her to, she have always been kind and polite to me, where many look at Mercere as if we do not exist."
Jerome said he smiled a little.
"Do not piss off the Verbena, that is what my pater always used to say to me, their magick is interesting though, messy but interesting."

He double checked with Jerome in a text. "Confirm?" He was wary, perhaps paranoid - true if they'd wanted to jump him then they'd have done so. It wasn't as if vampires had to bother with the old wives tale of being invited inside, at least not usually.

You get a text from Jerome.
"If you are asking if I and M have met up with the reinforcements then yes I have, two hedge wizards, two of our mages and a...ehm...custos."
The message reads.

(OOC: He do know what he likes indeed. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun May 15, 2016 9:06 am

Colin shrugged, "I don't know enough about Avatars to make an educated guess... but I would hazard it has found some sort of way to invert the link between my mind and itself; usually, I draw on it to perform magic, but under extreme circumstances, perhaps when my mind is unable to perform properly, my Avatar tags my mind out and performs mundane or magical actions on my behalf. For certain, the times it has, hm, communicated with me in anything resembling a direct manner, it has been by showing itself in the mirror - me, only without any scars. It is... slightly unsettling, yet reassuring."
He looked down at his ring, "I... think it set up some sort of trap for the Fallen who tried to destroy us? A... sort of reflective shield, sucking out power from the incoming spell? I'll have to run some experiments on the subject..."
He nodded, "That will most certainly be agreeable. I may be a bit swamped next week, but after that, I believe I should be free to... hmm... Actually, I have an idea..."
He went over to the desk and quickly sketched a swan; full frontal view, wings spread and pointed upward, the neck and head turned slightly to the side, and a setting for a round gem at the center, "Would perhaps something like this be suitable?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun May 15, 2016 10:14 am

Colin shrugged, "I don't know enough about Avatars to make an educated guess... but I would hazard it has found some sort of way to invert the link between my mind and itself; usually, I draw on it to perform magic, but under extreme circumstances, perhaps when my mind is unable to perform properly, my Avatar tags my mind out and performs mundane or magical actions on my behalf. For certain, the times it has, hm, communicated with me in anything resembling a direct manner, it has been by showing itself in the mirror - me, only without any scars. It is... slightly unsettling, yet reassuring."

"Well in many ways it is it's mind as well, it is hard to say if you are in it's head or if it are in yours, you are interconnected."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Well it is a crafty little Avatar that Mirror Man of yours, take good care of it Mr Wainwright."

He looked down at his ring, "I... think it set up some sort of trap for the Fallen who tried to destroy us? A... sort of reflective shield, sucking out power from the incoming spell? I'll have to run some experiments on the subject..."

"Well there is a reason why Gilgul is generally done in concert, it can be very dangerous to push someone into a corner like that, if they are a bit creative then chances are they will come up with some trick to, well turn the tables on you. I am glad you found a way to survive though young man, both you and your soul.

He nodded, "That will most certainly be agreeable. I may be a bit swamped next week, but after that, I believe I should be free to... hmm... Actually, I have an idea..."
He went over to the desk and quickly sketched a swan; full frontal view, wings spread and pointed upward, the neck and head turned slightly to the side, and a setting for a round gem at the center, "Would perhaps something like this be suitable?"

Crexia studied the drawing then she nodded and looked pleased.
"Ah yes, that would be lovely Mr Wainwright."
She said.
"What if I place a order for this custom pendant and come and pick it up in let us say a month or so, do that work for you?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun May 15, 2016 10:30 am

Colin nodded, "A month or so... Yes, that should work out fine. Any particular preferences as to size and stone?"

((OOC: So, again, perhaps let the others play catch-up?))
((OOC2: Verbena magic is messy but interesting... one might say outright frothy? Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun May 15, 2016 10:50 am

"Swan do not like to big pieces, she have simple tastes, so something dainty and elegant. She is fond of opals, so if possible set it with that."
Crexia said.
"Do you want payment for the necklace now or when I pick it up in a month?"

(OOC: Well Colin is about half an hour in front of the rest so either waiting now, or after he have been reunited with the rest of the group that stayed behind at Morningstar.)

(OOC 2: Frothy would mean boiling blood, and while Life and Forces can do that to you, a Verbena who's blood is boiling are generally not a happy Verbena. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun May 15, 2016 1:35 pm

Colin nodded, "So, about one to two inches tall, and about half to two-thirds the width would be suitable?"
He jotted down the requirements next to the picture, "I think payment upon retrieval would be best; it will depend a little on work hours and materials, after all. Hmmm... Hollow, perhaps, and to be used for dowsing?"

((OOC: Ah, right, Adley can show up a little later yet.))

((OOC: Well, frothy could also indicate rabies. Also, not good. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun May 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Colin nodded, "So, about one to two inches tall, and about half to two-thirds the width would be suitable?"

"Hum...yes that sounds perfect young man."
Crexia agreed.

He jotted down the requirements next to the picture, "I think payment upon retrieval would be best; it will depend a little on work hours and materials, after all.

"Very well, payment upon retrieval then, unless you want an advance for the materials that you might have to order to create the pendant."

Hmmm... Hollow, perhaps, and to be used for dowsing?"

"The pendant...yes I think that would be a good idea, she do use dowsing, Swan is a mage but she is an Orphan her tools are rather eclectic, the way I am told the weight of a pendulum really depend on the skill of the dowser, the heavier they are the easier they are to work with as they then will have less false reactions, Swan is rather experienced though so hollow sounds good."

(OOC: Yes Adley still have a few things to do at the Post Office.)

(OOC 2: Well a Verbena with rabis would also be an unhappy Verbena, and probably a danger to everyone else around.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top