The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:09 am

Friday:

I hope the world doesn't explode while we're eating. He said jockingly. Theese two look like an old couple, don't they?

Saturday:

A virtual adept, frind to one of the guys in the other chantry told me he had heard it.

He gave her his beads so that she could study it. Take it from here, and i'll go to the parking lot. Maybe i can find some more. I shouldn't go alone, thoguh, so i'll get Coawa.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:07 am

"Ah...the Question then is what those protections are and if they are placed on all the Elysiums, and the Tremere Chantry or only some of them and how we bypass them and if the Nephandi have delivered their part of the bargain yet." Isabella said and sigh. "It seams that this is getting more and more complicated Sir.

"Yes..."

Colin frowned, "Bugger... Then getting line of sight to the rooftop will be trickier. I suppose gaining access to a floor somewhere above the Prince's chambers is going to be tricky, as well?" He pondered, "Another important question in regard to the promises of the Fallen is how much Prince Lodin trusts Abigail. While I can't speak for the man, I know that if I were an ancient overlord of vast power, I might be more than a little hesitant to allow a stranger whose reliability I was not yet entirely convinced of to install a brand new security system on my terrace... From what I have heard of him so far, he seems shrewd, ruthless and keen enough of mind to know the risk of letting strangers get too close...

Adley looked thoughtful and then tilted his head a bit at the schematic. "If I were him, I would say not at all, very good point amicus." Then he looked at him. "Security cameras. They would not even necessarily need to be on the tower itself, though they could be. They just would have to have a view of the roof, or what we wish to see. If there are cameras that are recording for his...later viewing pleasure, then it might be something we could get a hold of, or use to our advantage as well. But if we checked for cameras that could see this far up on the tower...or put one there even..."

"Yes centuries ago, my Clan kidnapped members of another Clan, the Gangrel and made their captives into the Gargoyles. Clan Gangrel have never forgiven us for that, and with good reason really." Isabella said and look down. "Asking might be wise but if this cat is a peace hostage chances is that it is not wandering around where we can easily get to it."

"I can see why that Clan would carry a grudge. And yes, very true. He probably has it somewhere secure."

"Yes he do at that, he have his office placed just so he can watch his prisoners burn while he is still in shadows and then he have time to retreat to one of his private rooms on Elysium, probably located in the off limits section." Isabella said and looked a bit queasy.
"Are you thinking about stealing this elder of my Clan from literary right under Prince Lodin's nose Sir?" She asked. "For that is one hell of a tricking plan B if that is the case if you do permit me to say so."

"Well, I would rather not have to resort to such, no."

"We can ask this Tian about it, but then we bave no guarantee that his reply will be an honest one." Joakim said. "But right now that is the best we can do and we can examine them with magick if he takes us up on our offer."

"That's true, but I doubt he would allow us to know where they are unless they are not Fallen, for obvious reasons."

"Yes it would, though when it comes to medical supplies tragedies tend to be more common, though I guess the site of a mass birth or a heroic saving of life might do the same."

"Hrm...well that's something to think about anyway. For later."

"Very well, I assume those that are around you at the moment are people you can trust and none of them are regular human beings that should not know about the things we will be discussing." Tyler asked.

"Your assumption is correct."

"The boy agrees, do you want to talk with him now and we can discuss our strategies later or do you want to address him after you have spoken with me?

He glanced at the Chief to see if he had any input on which he preferred. "As he seems to be within earshot of you now, it might be good to talk to him first, as there may be things you want to tell me that you don't want him to know. Unless it's relevant to his situation, of course?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:14 am

Adley and Colin:

Colin frowned, "Bugger... Then getting line of sight to the rooftop will be trickier. I suppose gaining access to a floor somewhere above the Prince's chambers is going to be tricky, as well?"

"Well there are guards in the building so they will try to prevent that but I guess it is possible to sneak into a higher floor, it is a huge building so it is not that easy to keep guard on all of it."
Isabella said.

He pondered, "Another important question in regard to the promises of the Fallen is how much Prince Lodin trusts Abigail. While I can't speak for the man, I know that if I were an ancient overlord of vast power, I might be more than a little hesitant to allow a stranger whose reliability I was not yet entirely convinced of to install a brand new security system on my terrace... From what I have heard of him so far, he seems shrewd, ruthless and keen enough of mind to know the risk of letting strangers get too close..."

"The Prince is a paranoid man Sir, he do not even let his own childer in it seams, then again all but one of them seam to be more a of a work force for him than actual childer. The only exception is his favored daughter, other than her I doubt that he let anyone close. But then again if the Nephandus setting up the wards have a fairly subtle Paradigm, chances are that Lodin would not know, I mean all they then would need would be to ask to go to the bathroom and put it up from there."
The vampiress continued.

They would not even necessarily need to be on the tower itself, though they could be. They just would have to have a view of the roof, or what we wish to see. If there are cameras that are recording for his...later viewing pleasure, then it might be something we could get a hold of, or use to our advantage as well. But if we checked for cameras that could see this far up on the tower...or put one there even..."

"Prince Lodin do record the executions, he can safely watch but he is so far removed from humanity that he have to be groggy while he stands there so I bet he like to watch it again when he is fully awake, but more importantly nothing is better to keep the city in line that home movies of an execution during an Elysium meeting."
Isabella said and frowned.
"There are security cameras in the entire building though so there should be some one the floors above but as Lodin controls the building I am sure none of them point to his roof at dawn when there is an execution going on."

"I can see why that Clan would carry a grudge. And yes, very true. He probably has it somewhere secure."

"Yes I do not blame the Gangreal for their grudge against my Clan Sir, though it can be quite unnerving."
Isabella said and sigh.

"Well, I would rather not have to resort to such, no."

"Good for that would be a way to really piss of the Prince."
The vampiress said a bit nervously.

"That's true, but I doubt he would allow us to know where they are unless they are not Fallen, for obvious reasons."

"That is a very good point."
Joakim muttered.

"Hrm...well that's something to think about anyway. For later."

Kristina nodded at that.

"Your assumption is correct."

"Good."
Was all Tyler said to that.

He glanced at the Chief to see if he had any input on which he preferred. "As he seems to be within earshot of you now, it might be good to talk to him first, as there may be things you want to tell me that you don't want him to know. Unless it's relevant to his situation, of course?"

Chief Joakim just shrugged to say that it did not matter to him which was done first. Tyler replied.
"Yes I had to walk over to him to ask him if he wanted to talk to you. I will hand him the phone then and talk to you later."
She said and there was the sound of a phone changing hands and a soft, nervous male voice that said.
"Hello, this is Tian...Tyler said that a mage wanted to talk with me?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:23 am

Friday:

"Yes well right now there is always a possibility of that."
Henrietta said as she finished with the plates then she grins.
"Indeed they do."
This earned both you and the hedge wizard scowls from both Coawa and Alessa.
"We are not she will not spawn with me."
Coawa muttered and Alessa looked like she wanted to murder the wereshark.
"I have no desire to do so with a fish now...well in either case Tane, after dinner I have a lead I want to check out, someone who might have been in contact with my sister, I will let you know how that gos."
She inform you.

Saturday:

A virtual adept, frind to one of the guys in the other chantry told me he had heard it.

"Hum..."
Cita said and nodded and she pressed keys on her computer.
"Interesting who was it?"

He gave her his beads so that she could study it. Take it from here, and i'll go to the parking lot. Maybe i can find some more. I shouldn't go alone, thoguh, so i'll get Coawa.

"Very well but be careful I am not sure if these shards can affect a shapeshifter their spiritual anatomy is actually somewhat similar to ours, be very careful Tane and do not enter the Umbra."
Cita said and sounded worried.
"Bring that hedge wizard shape changer they have her with you as well...what was her name...Miss Day yes that was it, Henrietta Day, she do not have an Awakened Avatar to be affected so she can be useful in this, well at least ask her if she will go with you."
She advices.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:39 pm

Colin frowned, "While security cameras would help observe the place, I don't know that I could use that to place a carefully assembled spell on the premises by those means. I fear I need a physical line of sight to the spot if I am to do anything."
He pondered, "Lodin might not know if the Fallen were to place some subtle spells in his area, but... he's got Tremere present in general, does he not? What are the chances one of those can sense magic and alert the Prince of shenanigans? Working magic through walls and windows, and presumably through whatever defenses the Tremere have already put in place - defences which are not to be trifled with, I might add; they may be rigid in nature, but they pack one hell of a punch - is a rather significant complication in and of itself."

((OOC: Hum, did Adley put his phone on speaker, or do the rest of us only hear his half of the conversation?))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:05 pm

Colin frowned, "While security cameras would help observe the place, I don't know that I could use that to place a carefully assembled spell on the premises by those means. I fear I need a physical line of sight to the spot if I am to do anything."

"Well then I guess getting to the upper floors is the only option and that can be difficult with the guards, then again if those floors are not warded then perhaps we could be teleported into the upper floors of the skyscraper."
Kristina suggested.
"Though such a cause of action would be dangerous in the extreme."

He pondered, "Lodin might not know if the Fallen were to place some subtle spells in his area, but... he's got Tremere present in general, does he not? What are the chances one of those can sense magic and alert the Prince of shenanigans?

"The chances are pretty good Sir. I can see at least some of your kind's magick with my own powers so I am pretty sure Nicolai can as well."
Isabella said.
"The question is if they think to look."

Working magic through walls and windows, and presumably through whatever defenses the Tremere have already put in place - defences which are not to be trifled with, I might add; they may be rigid in nature, but they pack one hell of a punch - is a rather significant complication in and of itself."

"You are right about that the hedge magic of the Tremere should not be underestimated, it is powerful."
Kristina said.
"What we then can conclude is that we do not know if the Node is warded and if it is warded by what, in effect we know nothing so any attempt on it would be a shot in the dark."
Kristina said and sigh in frustration.

(I think he have put it on speaker he asked the Chief just by a look if he wanted the conversation with Tian to be first or that with Tyler so he Chief must have heard the vampiress' question.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Colin nodded, then frowned, "Dangerous indeed... Then again, isn't the rooftop or top floor a tourist trap, just for the view of the city? Is it perhaps possible to get a view down to the rooftop in question from there?"
He stroked his chin, "I would expect some degree of... institutional paranoia would be in place. Granted, the Fallen would likely have better chance of pulling off something like that during the day, but then again, the Tremere should probably be able to tell come nightfall again, and the surveillance tapes would likely show if someone was there, increasing their vigilance..."
He grinned wryly, "I actually convinced a renegade Technocrat cyborg to trigger one such ward earlier today, so I could bleed the ward dry. Suffice to say, there was an impressive amount of power to siphon. Very fortunate, that, since it was sufficient to bait away some eldritch horror; a magic-devouring demonspawn of some sort. Ironically, while if not for the ex-Technocrat, we'd likely have suffered fatalities from the ward; if not for the ward, we would most certainly have suffered fatalities from the demonspawn..."
He leaned slightly closer to the phone, "Hello again, Tian. It's Mr. Colin from earlier; I just wanted to vouch for the resident Security Chief here. He has your telephone now, and will likely be the one to answer, should you decide to call again."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:32 pm

Colin nodded, then frowned, "Dangerous indeed... Then again, isn't the rooftop or top floor a tourist trap, just for the view of the city? Is it perhaps possible to get a view down to the rooftop in question from there?"

"It is indeed a tourist trap however the problem is that it is mostly open during the day, however yes one should be able to look down at the relevant roof from the top roof yes."
Kristina said.
"The question it how to get up there."

He stroked his chin, "I would expect some degree of... institutional paranoia would be in place. Granted, the Fallen would likely have better chance of pulling off something like that during the day, but then again, the Tremere should probably be able to tell come nightfall again, and the surveillance tapes would likely show if someone was there, increasing their vigilance..."

"Yes, so the question is just then if the Prince will trust the protection the Fallen can provide or not, or rather if he will let them set something up for it is for sure he will not trust it or them."
Isabella said and Kristina nodded.
"I guess we need to examine the building itself to know for sure for we can be pretty sure that yes the Tremere would detect it the next night if something was done during the day."
She added.

He grinned wryly, "I actually convinced a renegade Technocrat cyborg to trigger one such ward earlier today, so I could bleed the ward dry. Suffice to say, there was an impressive amount of power to siphon. Very fortunate, that, since it was sufficient to bait away some eldritch horror; a magic-devouring demonspawn of some sort.

"That is quite interesting Mr Wainwright, and a smart plan. I assume it was the Nephandi that was responsible for the monstrosity though...hum...what we might need then is someone that is either good at anti magick or who have some natural or...built in resistance, if we have to break through wards."
Kristina muttered thoughtfully.

Ironically, while if not for the ex-Technocrat, we'd likely have suffered fatalities from the ward; if not for the ward, we would most certainly have suffered fatalities from the demonspawn..."

"I see a fine bit of irony then, to bad we can not get your ex-Technocrat friend to help us with this...hum...but there might be someone who can help, but then again wards might not be our biggest issue in this."
Kristina said.

He leaned slightly closer to the phone, "Hello again, Tian. It's Mr. Colin from earlier; I just wanted to vouch for the resident Security Chief here. He has your telephone now, and will likely be the one to answer, should you decide to call again."

"Hello Mr Colin."
Tian said and Joakim frowned over the fact that you had given the young Nephandus your real name.
"Ok, thank you."
The boy muttered then you said that the Chief had his phone for now.
"So I assume you guys wanted to talk to me for a reason."
Tian asked and you see that Joakim is looking impatient he want to ask the boy about the location of the labyrinth and press him on the issue but he would let you and Adley handle it not to scare the young Fallen away.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:52 pm

Colin smiled and nodded to Adley, "If it's a matter of dismantling the Fallen's work, I think my battle brother here and I can pull something off in concert. We seemed to make something work on the fly at the post office, at least."
He gave Joakim an apologetic shrug, and jotted down a few words on a blank page from the notebook he'd borrowed, "Small slip; he got the wrong idea about first and last name - I should be fine. I hope."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:21 pm

Colin smiled and nodded to Adley, "If it's a matter of dismantling the Fallen's work, I think my battle brother here and I can pull something off in concert. We seemed to make something work on the fly at the post office, at least."

"Yes your work with the hardened air wall was most impressive, both of you."
Kristina said and nodded in approval.
"Quite impressive indeed."

He gave Joakim an apologetic shrug, and jotted down a few words on a blank page from the notebook he'd borrowed, "Small slip; he got the wrong idea about first and last name - I should be fine. I hope."

Joakim nodded though he did not look pleased, there was nothing that could be done about that now though so there was little point in dwelling on it. The old hedge wizard scribbled down on a page in his own notebook.
"We will have to hope so, do not let him get any more parts to your name though, that is the last thing you want, be careful."
The Chief's note warned you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Friday:

That is not important to be a couple, Coawa! he replied.
You need any back up, Alessa?

Saturday:

I'll call upon her. THank you for everything. I hope you can see what it is before we get back so we can help Beatrice
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:16 pm

"Prince Lodin do record the executions, he can safely watch but he is so far removed from humanity that he have to be groggy while he stands there so I bet he like to watch it again when he is fully awake, but more importantly nothing is better to keep the city in line that home movies of an execution during an Elysium meeting." Isabella said and frowned. "There are security cameras in the entire building though so there should be some one the floors above but as Lodin controls the building I am sure none of them point to his roof at dawn when there is an execution going on."

"Not the way he has it set now. But I do wonder if they -could-."

"I'm not a technomancer but I know that messing around with security cameras can possibly be done. I don't know how much the vampires would be able to know what's going on if we hijacked one to get a look. John was able to rewind a whole area in time and have a look, so it depends how much would be on the feed's tape backup and who is helping us with that if we do that. As for line of sight..." he scratched his head. "I've seen people work through portals before. I suppose it depends if it would work or not, or what we're trying to do. I assume if we asked a spirit to help us that might trigger something if there were a spirit ward or alarm, likewise."

he's got Tremere present in general, does he not? What are the chances one of those can sense magic and alert the Prince of shenanigans? Working magic through walls and windows, and presumably through whatever defenses the Tremere have already put in place - defences which are not to be trifled with, I might add; they may be rigid in nature, but they pack one hell of a punch - is a rather significant complication in and of itself.

Adley gave a thoughtful nod. "Of course, you're assuming that Lodin trusts the Tremere...though if he favours Nicolai he could let his Clan help with security, yes."

"Good for that would be a way to really piss of the Prince." The vampiress said a bit nervously.

"I don't want to make problems with the vampire society, for us. However we can't let the Nephandi get that node, either."

Adley gave a small shrug. "It is not terribly difficult to fool cameras with the use of ars," he said. 'One can assemble a cloak of varying degrees against it."

Ironically, while if not for the ex-Technocrat, we'd likely have suffered fatalities from the ward; if not for the ward, we would most certainly have suffered fatalities from the demonspawn..."

He frowned at that. "I don't suppose you're getting any brainstorms about this roof?" he said, as he considered the problems.

Adley realised Colin was talking about him and gave him a smile.

"Yes your work with the hardened air wall was most impressive, both of you." Kristina said and nodded in approval. "Quite impressive indeed.

"It's given me some other ideas, but first we have to get through this to see if they're bound to be useful."

She said and there was the sound of a phone changing hands and a soft, nervous male voice that said. "Hello, this is Tian...Tyler said that a mage wanted to talk with me?"

"Hello Mr Colin." Tian said and Joakim frowned over the fact that you had given the young Nephandus your real name.
He gave Joakim an apologetic shrug...

Adley gave him a matching frown to the Chief to Colin, quite displeased about the fact Tian had any bits of his name. "We wished to first ask you about your family, your wife and daughter; given the situation they might be in trouble and perhaps we can help them. However we must know if they are Fallen."

// yeah sorry, speakerphone >. <
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:54 pm

Tane:

Friday:

Coawa glance at you.
"It is important to me Tane, but I am not going to pressure her, you said that human or well women of all kinds are not like sharks and would not like me to force them, that it would harm them so I only ask."
The wereshark said and sigh.

You need any back up, Alessa?

"I would not mind some backup, I have traced Agnes to a Ratkin...a wererat in the city and I intend to get some answers from this critter, having someone watching my back would make it safer."
She muttered. Lily raised an eyebrow.
"Wererat?...never mind after today why the hell am I surprised..."

Saturday:

I'll call upon her. THank you for everything. I hope you can see what it is before we get back so we can help Beatrice

"I am going to sit down and work on it now."
Cita said as she looks at your necklace and begin to press keys on her computer.
"Let me see what I can find out, and good luck Tane."

Adley:

"Not the way he has it set now. But I do wonder if they -could-."

"Yes I am pretty sure they could if the cameras was moved yes."
Isabella said and nodded.

"I'm not a technomancer but I know that messing around with security cameras can possibly be done. I don't know how much the vampires would be able to know what's going on if we hijacked one to get a look. John was able to rewind a whole area in time and have a look, so it depends how much would be on the feed's tape backup and who is helping us with that if we do that.

"We could ask Master Harris or his apprentice about this, see what they can do, but messing with the cameras can be done through mundane hacking as well, not that I know how to do that, I feel modern enough having a computer to check my email, but I know it can be done and that might be harder to detect than going at it with ars."
Joakim said.

I assume if we asked a spirit to help us that might trigger something if there were a spirit ward or alarm, likewise."

"Some of my Clan knows how to work with Spirits so that is a pretty safe assumption that spirit wards might be there, well at least the possibility of it Sir."
Isabella commented.

Adley gave a thoughtful nod. "Of course, you're assuming that Lodin trusts the Tremere...though if he favours Nicolai he could let his Clan help with security, yes."

Isabella gave a laugh at that, a crystal clear, delighted sound.
"Prince Lodin trusting the Tremere...he would not trust Nicolai longer than he can throw him...well ehm...actually that is a bad example as he can throw him quite far, but you get my pain, no they have a political alliance that is all, there is no trust between them."
She explained.

"I don't want to make problems with the vampire society, for us. However we can't let the Nephandi get that node, either."

"That is a good point Sir, so I guess trying to steal Lodin's prisoner is a potential tactic we have to consider."
Isabella said and sigh, it was clear she feared this Prince and probably with good reason.

Adley gave him a matching frown to the Chief to Colin, quite displeased about the fact Tian had any bits of his name. "We wished to first ask you about your family, your wife and daughter; given the situation they might be in trouble and perhaps we can help them. However we must know if they are Fallen."

"I see...well first of all my daughter's mother is not my wife, I was 17 years old when I met Tamara, I was sneaking out of the Labyrith to go and have fun and I met her in a nightclub, we where both stupid kids but we wanted one another and we had a affair for a few days, nothing more but we did not use protection and well we got a little consequence, having a child at 18 was not planned but once she was here I mean I can not just abandon her so I send her mother as much money as I can and visit as often as I am able, I want to take care of her and I love my little girl but I am not married to her mother, we are friends, we raise our child together but all we had was something physical three years ago."
Tian said and as he speak you recognize the voice in your Seeking that had begged you to stay, desperate not to be alone even if you where one of those who had hurt him.
"Tamara is a sleeper she have nothing to do with any of the factions, Egypt is Awakened and her mother is beginning to notice that the child can do strange things but she is not Fallen, I will not allow her to be, the Nephandi are no place for a child...I should know."
He said bitterly.
"Do you think they are in danger Mr...?"
He asked sounding worried.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:36 pm

Colin nodded, "If I had the aid of someone with a portal, I could pull a fast one, as they say... But I can't do that by myself. And a portal might be seen, unless... hm... I need a word with Master Harris, I think - I expect he is the resident expert on portals. I just realized something... sneaky. We might be able to pull something off after all... If the place is not too heavily warded, of course."
He grinned, "I wouldn't say I'm assuming Lodin trusts the Tremere. I'm assuming he distrusts them less than he distrusts the Fallen. I believe he's quite aware of how their... particular assets make then a necessary evil with which to contend, from his point of view."
He blinked, "...I may have a horrible idea. It would require miss Jerkins' dagger, and locating one of her children and baiting it to the Prince's roof. Admittedly, that would likely create a political clusterfuck of unknown dimensions, but depending on the strength of the node, the demonspawn could potentially sit there and feed for a long time... and it would probably be very, very difficult to dispose of, as well, without the dagger to work as an IFF system... In any case, having seen one of those abominations, I'd rather not see another."
Frowning at the phone, he scratched himself behind the ear, "I would not be surprised if Abigail has a few samples of your blood in stock, as a precaution. I'll admit, I don't know exactly how that aspect of magic works, but I'm given to understand tracking by blood could fairly easily extend to locate immediate relatives - parents, siblings and offspring. Add to that the chance of the Technocracy spotting the child, which would also be... dangerous. As well as other factions. I fear... I fear Tamara being ignorant of your daughter's abilities is going to endanger them both, in terms of both Paradox for the child, and a lack of defense for the mother."
He looked over at Joakim, "You've been around the block longer than I have... do you know how easy it is to convince a Sleeper that magic exists?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Colin nodded, "If I had the aid of someone with a portal, I could pull a fast one, as they say... But I can't do that by myself. And a portal might be seen, unless... hm... I need a word with Master Harris, I think - I expect he is the resident expert on portals. I just realized something... sneaky. We might be able to pull something off after all... If the place is not too heavily warded, of course."

"Well Master Harris is quite skilled with Correspondence so yes if you want a portal done right he is indeed the man to talk to."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Well then we are back to the question of how heavily guarded the Sears tower is but I guess that at some point one just have to take a chance and act I guess but I would want to know more."
He added sounding frustrated.

He grinned, "I wouldn't say I'm assuming Lodin trusts the Tremere. I'm assuming he distrusts them less than he distrusts the Fallen. I believe he's quite aware of how their... particular assets make then a necessary evil with which to contend, from his point of view."

"Well at least he know the Tremere Sir while the Nephandi are an unknown so Prince Lodin knows more what he might expect from Nicolai then from Abigail, but how much he trust each of them I just do not know."
Isabella commented.

He blinked, "...I may have a horrible idea. It would require miss Jerkins' dagger, and locating one of her children and baiting it to the Prince's roof. Admittedly, that would likely create a political clusterfuck of unknown dimensions, but depending on the strength of the node, the demonspawn could potentially sit there and feed for a long time... and it would probably be very, very difficult to dispose of, as well, without the dagger to work as an IFF system... In any case, having seen one of those abominations, I'd rather not see another."

"Miss Jerkins, the Nephandi prisoner? What about her dagger and her children?"
Kristina said and looked quite confused. Isabella also looked like she did not know what you where talking about, which off course she actually did not know anything about. Joakim sigh.
"And how would you summon one of those beings Mr Wainwright and get it to the Sears tower without having it attacking anyone? The dagger the way I understood it will protect the one holding it, not everyone around you."

Frowning at the phone, he scratched himself behind the ear, "I would not be surprised if Abigail has a few samples of your blood in stock, as a precaution. I'll admit, I don't know exactly how that aspect of magic works, but I'm given to understand tracking by blood could fairly easily extend to locate immediate relatives - parents, siblings and offspring.

Tian swore in the Nephandi language which made someone else nearby, one of Tyler's vampires probably exclaim.
"What the hell was that sound?"
Tian sigh and mutters.
"Sorry...sorry I just never considered that Mr Colin yes Abigail have some of my blood but I never considered she would use it on anyone but me."

Add to that the chance of the Technocracy spotting the child, which would also be... dangerous. As well as other factions. I fear... I fear Tamara being ignorant of your daughter's abilities is going to endanger them both, in terms of both Paradox for the child, and a lack of defense for the mother."

"I...never considered that but you are right, they are both in danger...dammit..."
The Nephandus sounded rather scared for his loved ones now.
"And there is so little I can do to help them with two bloody factions after me."
He muttered in frustration.

He looked over at Joakim, "You've been around the block longer than I have... do you know how easy it is to convince a Sleeper that magic exists?"

"If you show a sleeper enough magic then they will start to believe eventually usually but there can be allot of Paradox generated from that, unless you get someone with linear magic to do it for you."
The Security Chief said with a small smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Colin grimaced, "Miss Jerkins' dagger has a stone which identifies the bearer as her, to her 'children' - her children being magivorous amorphous blobs. Sort of like the Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath, if you're familiar with Lovecraft? I think locating one would be the biggest problem; having miss Jerkins summon one is probably not going to be advisable. Baiting one... should be fairly easy, actually, so long as I can keep it focused on something like a Prime Blade or something, and not any other magical beings in the perimeter. In any case, I only aired the idea to note that we have the option, even if it is immediately relegated to something near Plan Y or thereabouts..."
He sighed, "I'm afraid there's at least one faction among us specializing in tracking lineages through blood - I would be very much surprised if Abigail does not have someone of comparable capability."
He grinned at Joakim, "Why, Sir, it almost sounds like you have someone in mind."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:41 pm

"We could ask Master Harris or his apprentice about this, see what they can do, but messing with the cameras can be done through mundane hacking as well, not that I know how to do that, I feel modern enough having a computer to check my email, but I know it can be done and that might be harder to detect than going at it with ars." Joakim said.

"Yes, that's a good idea."

"Good, let's see if we can work something out. Meanwhile my contact will be trying to work things from the inside, hopefully or get us some useful or stalling things."

"Prince Lodin trusting the Tremere...he would not trust Nicolai longer than he can throw him...well ehm...actually that is a bad example as he can throw him quite far, but you get my pain, no they have a political alliance that is all, there is no trust between them." She explained.

"Hm...the devil you know." He nodded.

"That is a good point Sir, so I guess trying to steal Lodin's prisoner is a potential tactic we have to consider." Isabella said and sigh, it was clear she feared this Prince and probably with good reason

"I'd rather not have to go fishing for vampires again," he said, remembering Hayden's trap, "unless we have to but at this point we're not sure this is even their plan. However, it makes sense to me."

"You're right, Colin. That -is- a spectacularly horrible idea. Working with entities like that does not come without a price that I would not like to see you pay, even if you could. However there could be a different entity that would be less...disturbing that might be able to help with something similar if you mean to disperse that node. I don't personally know such entities myself though." He looked thoughtful. "The resonance on that node is bound to be entropic at least in part, making it so attractive to the Nephandi. It is created with death and suffering. If we can't disperse it I do wonder if the resonance could be shifted to something they would not want to use, though that might take a long time and many people."

"Miss Jerkins' dagger has a stone which identifies the bearer as her, to her 'children' - her children being magivorous amorphous blobs. Sort of like the Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath, if you're familiar with Lovecraft? I think locating one would be the biggest problem; having miss Jerkins summon one is probably not going to be advisable. Baiting one... should be fairly easy, actually, so long as I can keep it focused on something like a Prime Blade or something, and not any other magical beings in the perimeter. In any case, I only aired the idea to note that we have the option, even if it is immediately relegated to something near Plan Y or thereabouts..."

"I appreciate your ideas, even the bad ones. At least so long as I get to yell at you for the exceptionally bad ones. They do help me think of better ones," he said with a teasing grin.

"I see...well first of all my daughter's mother is not my wife, I was 17 years old when I met Tamara... "Tamara is a sleeper she have nothing to do with any of the factions, Egypt is Awakened and her mother is beginning to notice that the child can do strange things but she is not Fallen, I will not allow her to be, the Nephandi are no place for a child...I should know." He said bitterly. "Do you think they are in danger Mr...?"
Frowning at the phone, he scratched himself behind the ear, "I would not be surprised if Abigail has a few samples of your blood in stock, as a precaution. I'll admit, I don't know exactly how that aspect of magic works, but I'm given to understand tracking by blood could fairly easily extend to locate immediate relatives - parents, siblings and offspring. Add to that the chance of the Technocracy spotting the child, which would also be... dangerous. As well as other factions. I fear... I fear Tamara being ignorant of your daughter's abilities is going to endanger them both, in terms of both Paradox for the child, and a lack of defense for the mother."

Adley was spared both having to explain the ramifications of this news as well as giving even a fake name. Colin nailed out things rather well and had thought of Abigail's safeguarding her people with their blood. Tian was in a bad position indeed and so was his family. At the end of that end of the conversation, he looked at Colin and then the Chief again as if asking him if he wanted to make an offer now, or talk with the man.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:25 pm

Colin grimaced, "Miss Jerkins' dagger has a stone which identifies the bearer as her, to her 'children' - her children being magivorous amorphous blobs. Sort of like the Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath, if you're familiar with Lovecraft? I think locating one would be the biggest problem; having miss Jerkins summon one is probably not going to be advisable.

"No having our Nephandus captive summon her pet monster that she may or may not be related to in ways I do not want to know is not advisable Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow. Kristina nodded at your description and Isabella muttered.
"I am not well familiar with Lovecraft Sir, but indeed that do not sound like a pleasant creature to have around."

Baiting one... should be fairly easy, actually, so long as I can keep it focused on something like a Prime Blade or something, and not any other magical beings in the perimeter. In any case, I only aired the idea to note that we have the option, even if it is immediately relegated to something near Plan Y or thereabouts..."

There is allot of magickal beings in the city Mr Wainwright, all from little old ladies that read Tarot cards, to lesser hedge wizards to very weak Awakened that have never been found by any faction, and that is in addition to your regular list of supernaturals, what do you do when you pet monster decide it want to eat Mrs Banks the Tarot reader? Or Miss Keller the young unaware of our war Orphan?"
Joakim asked sounding rather skeptical.
"Not to mention magickal residues, minor nodes, fairy realms and everything else that are scattered around the city."

He sighed, "I'm afraid there's at least one faction among us specializing in tracking lineages through blood - I would be very much surprised if Abigail does not have someone of comparable capability."

"Yeah...you are right but I did not think of the possibility she would try to get at me through my daughter...but I should the woman know no such thing as mercy."
Tian muttered then added more to himself than to the ones listening over the phone.
"What the hell do I do now?"

He grinned at Joakim, "Why, Sir, it almost sounds like you have someone in mind."

"I have made sleepers into true believers before, not many hedge wizards can do that since for most their powers do not work at all around a disbeliever but I should be able to squeeze out a spell or two if need be, if the woman needs to be convinced, but there have to be a need for it we can not go around showing off for sleepers for no good reason there are laws against that."
Joakim said.

"Yes, that's a good idea."

"We will set up a meeting with the good Adept once we are done here."
The Security Chief concluded.

"Good, let's see if we can work something out. Meanwhile my contact will be trying to work things from the inside, hopefully or get us some useful or stalling things."

"Yes the more time your contact can buy us the better Mr Roth Hicks, and we can see what we can work out with Master Harris."
The old hedge wizard agreed.

"Hm...the devil you know." He nodded.

"Exactly Sir."
Isabella said and gave a smile.

"I'd rather not have to go fishing for vampires again," he said, remembering Hayden's trap, "unless we have to but at this point we're not sure this is even their plan. However, it makes sense to me."

"We know very little Mr Roth Hicks and that is the problem, let us see if we can find out anything more about the Fallen's plans when we talk to young Tian, he might be willing to tell us something, for now though the question is how much we can act on guesses."
Joakim said and frowned.
"But if sacrificing this vampire is the Fallen's plans we need to stop them."

"The resonance on that node is bound to be entropic at least in part, making it so attractive to the Nephandi. It is created with death and suffering. If we can't disperse it I do wonder if the resonance could be shifted to something they would not want to use, though that might take a long time and many people."

"All the factions have ways to shift the Resonance of Nodes to something more favorable to them, the Union sanitize them, the Nephandi corrupt them and we cleanse or balance them."
Kristina said then she sigh.
"The problem is getting access to the Node to work such magick it do take a bit of time, so we might hire some Node cleansers but getting them up there, that is the problem, like with everything else we have discussed."
She said sounding frustrated.

Adley was spared both having to explain the ramifications of this news as well as giving even a fake name. Colin nailed out things rather well and had thought of Abigail's safeguarding her people with their blood. Tian was in a bad position indeed and so was his family. At the end of that end of the conversation, he looked at Colin and then the Chief again as if asking him if he wanted to make an offer now, or talk with the man.

The Chief hesitated he seamed to consider whatever or not it would be a good idea to offer Tian protection for his family in exchange for talking, but then he would not let an Awakened child be left in danger so he opted instead to try to win the man's trust so he nodded to you but he did say.
"Mr Silverberg...for you are Sebastian Silverberg are you not?"
Tian was silent for a while then he replied.
"Yes I am...how did you know...?"
He muttered and Joakim replied.
"Simple deduction...you know the only way your child will be fully safe is if that Labyrinth is gone right? You have to tell us it's location."
Tian was again silent then he muttered.
"I...can not...there are a twelve year old there...a twelve year old apprentice...would she be spared if the Labyrinth was stormed?"
The Nephandus asked sounding quite worried and Joakim sigh, he did not know what to reply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:49 pm

Colin sighed, "It's at times like these I almost miss my smoking habit... Doyle was right, you know; tobacco does stimulate the mind. A pity about the... less fortunate side effects. In any case, I would hypothesize the Qlippothic tass I have would make for tastier bait for one of those... things than would a minor, untainted practitioner. No matter; I've raised the idea, and let us just bury it and make sure we don't have to fall back to such an alternative."
He pondered, "I think I might set the Node to pour its continuous quintessence generation into creating a vast streak of good luck for everyone occupying the rooftop; not sure how long it would be able to run, but it could hypothetically go on indefinitely, if the rate of draining matches the node's replenishment. It would probably annoy the Prince fairly quickly, though, when his victims start experiencing lucky escapes at the last second... but it might be enough to give the node a small nudge in the right direction. Until, of course, the Tremere find out what I've done and tear the whole spell apart."

He gritted his teeth, "Tian, Abigail had a girl abducted, and threatened the child's father with giving the girl to a vampire unless the father cooperated. He did, foolishly enough, and she was still going to gift-wrap the girl for her vampire ally anyway. The woman is absolutely ruthless and can't be trusted with anyone's safety, if she sees any way to profit from the situation..."
He listened to Joakim's question, and Tian's inner conflict, and jotted down another message to Joakim, "If an Aswadim is summoned tomorrow, it's fair to assume that apprentice, as well as Chicago and his daughgter are doomed anyway. Tian wants personal descent, not global; at least, for now. Might be revealing too much, though."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:24 pm

Colin sighed, "It's at times like these I almost miss my smoking habit... Doyle was right, you know; tobacco does stimulate the mind. A pity about the... less fortunate side effects. In any case, I would hypothesize the Qlippothic tass I have would make for tastier bait for one of those... things than would a minor, untainted practitioner. No matter; I've raised the idea, and let us just bury it and make sure we don't have to fall back to such an alternative."

"Well magick can deal with such nasty side effects but I do not recommend smoking anyway."
Kristina muttered and Joakim sigh.
"You hypothesize that this creature we know nothing about will prefer Entropic or tainted Quintessence and not some random magic user, however we do not know that for all we know they where made to prefer the enemies of their ehm...mother, that makes is pretty irresponsible to try to bring out out into the streets of Chicago so indeed let us hope we do not have to even consider such an option."
The Security Chief said firmly.

He pondered, "I think I might set the Node to pour its continuous quintessence generation into creating a vast streak of good luck for everyone occupying the rooftop; not sure how long it would be able to run, but it could hypothetically go on indefinitely, if the rate of draining matches the node's replenishment. It would probably annoy the Prince fairly quickly, though, when his victims start experiencing lucky escapes at the last second... but it might be enough to give the node a small nudge in the right direction. Until, of course, the Tremere find out what I've done and tear the whole spell apart."

"The idea is a good one, the problem is that while something like that might change the Resonance of the Node over time, I am not sure we have that time, the way I understand it Mr Wainwright the Nephandi of Boston are planning on acting tomorrow, your rote though for take months or years to change that Resonance."
Kristina said.
"We need something that will deal with the Node quicker."

He gritted his teeth, "Tian, Abigail had a girl abducted, and threatened the child's father with giving the girl to a vampire unless the father cooperated. He did, foolishly enough, and she was still going to gift-wrap the girl for her vampire ally anyway. The woman is absolutely ruthless and can't be trusted with anyone's safety, if she sees any way to profit from the situation..."

"Yes the only ones Abigail treats kindly are her own apprentices, she is ruthless and will stop at nothing to reach her goals."
Tian sounded worried as he spoke.
"The girl you speak of is the one I hear rumors about that the Traditions saved right? Good a child should not be mixed into this mess."
The Malfean muttered.
"But yes I am fully aware that Abigail...is a danger..."

He listened to Joakim's question, and Tian's inner conflict, and jotted down another message to Joakim, "If an Aswadim is summoned tomorrow, it's fair to assume that apprentice, as well as Chicago and his daughgter are doomed anyway. Tian wants personal descent, not global; at least, for now. Might be revealing too much, though."

Joakim read the note then wrote up on of his own.
"Chances are we would all be doomed, remember Mr W that the Aswadim are Oracles, now our Oracles live in the Umbra and do not get involved the Aswadim however do visit Labyrinths they say, and advice but they do not act, if one could be forced to do so then, well that would be the end of days, it would take a miracle to save us all. Tell him, see if that can convince him I doubt it will do any harm."
The old hedge wizard handed you the note.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:03 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "Like I said, it was a horrible idea."
He nodded, "Agreed. Seeing as outright detonation is out of the picture, we need someone... I don't suppose an anonymous message to the Union would be permitted? They'd be liable to do something drastic if they knew the immediate threat, and making them expend their resources in a scuffle with the Nephandi and Prince Lodin would... well, save us the trouble, at least in the short term, I suppose."

He sighed, "Tian... that twelve year old apprentice may be doomed whether we go in or not. Part of why we need to get to Abigail is to get to her ally in Boston... where they mean to summon an Aswadim. It's fairly reasonable to assume that if they succeed, all of Chicago will be too close to escape the unleashed horrors that will ensue. The same... will apply to your daughter and her mother, as well. The clock is ticking, and I'm not afraid to admit that I'm terrified of what will happen if we can't stop this."
He blinked, "Fuck, I think I just realized what the Larson witch means to do..."
He quickly scrawled down another note, "Larson is gilguling widderslaintes, supposedly culminating in a massive ritual when she calls the Aswadim. She means to use those Avatar shards to block the Aswadim's return to the Umbra, and prevent us from getting reinforcements from or escaping to Horizon! She means to force the damnable thing to act!"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:30 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "Like I said, it was a horrible idea."

Joakim nodded at that.

He nodded, "Agreed. Seeing as outright detonation is out of the picture, we need someone... I don't suppose an anonymous message to the Union would be permitted? They'd be liable to do something drastic if they knew the immediate threat, and making them expend their resources in a scuffle with the Nephandi and Prince Lodin would... well, save us the trouble, at least in the short term, I suppose."

"It would not be legal Mr Wainwright."
The Security Chief said and sigh.
"Conspire not with the enemies of the Ascension, though the situation might make a Tribunal look at such a message mildly there mitigating circumstances after all so I doubt the punishment for it would be much more than a official reprimand and seeing the Union waste their resources taking out our problems, well, all of our problem really would be quite poetic but no, it is not legal."

He sighed, "Tian... that twelve year old apprentice may be doomed whether we go in or not. Part of why we need to get to Abigail is to get to her ally in Boston... where they mean to summon an Aswadim. It's fairly reasonable to assume that if they succeed, all of Chicago will be too close to escape the unleashed horrors that will ensue. The same... will apply to your daughter and her mother, as well. The clock is ticking, and I'm not afraid to admit that I'm terrified of what will happen if we can't stop this."

Tian was silent for a moment and there was pain in his voice when he finally spoke, he was clearly struggling with this, with what he should do.
"She is twelve Mr Colin...a child, and if she is captured and we both know it is less likely a child will be able to kill herself before that happens, she will be interrogated, perhaps tortured and then shipped of to Horizon alone to stand trial, then be left alone in a cell to await her fate and then...well we both knows what will happen then...I can't bring that fate to a child...I..."
The young Fallen hesitated then he sigh.
"But you are right that bloody bitch Larson's plan might...destroy the world I..."
The young man was clearly hesitant.
"There are no good paths open..."
He muttered sadly.

He blinked, "Fuck, I think I just realized what the Larson witch means to do..."

Joakim raised an eyebrow at your outburst.

He quickly scrawled down another note, "Larson is gilguling widderslaintes, supposedly culminating in a massive ritual when she calls the Aswadim. She means to use those Avatar shards to block the Aswadim's return to the Umbra, and prevent us from getting reinforcements from or escaping to Horizon! She means to force the damnable thing to act!"

The Security Chief read the note then he wrote down a reply and handed you his notebook to read it.
"If that is her plan why go after widderslainte when it would be easier just to kidnap other mages, easier and far less likely to mess up her own alliances? Secondly while it might keep the Traditions from calling for aid or escaping through the Umbra I doubt it would be much more than an annoyance for an Oracle, also even if she blocks the Aswadim's path to the Umbra what will make him act? And stop that act from being strangling her? There have to be something else to it than that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:26 am

Colin nodded, "I didn't think it would be legal. Had to confirm, though."
He sighed, "You're quite right, son... we are running out of good options. Whatever happens, we'll have dark blots on our conscience. The best we can hope for, it seems, is still being around next week to feel guilty about it..."
He ran a hand across his face and locked eyes with Adley for a moment, "Like Damocles of old, we've got a Blade hanging over us. The smallest misstep, the slightest of errors, and we all risk, well... you get the idea. The question becomes whether you'll be willing to condemn your old Labyrinth and the people there to possible torture and death, or condemn them to be overrun by a literal and figurative Hell on Earth."
He scrawled back to Joakim, "She uses widderslainte, because then she gets the Italians to do her dirty work! There's undoubtedly more to it, but I can't put my finger on it. But she has already laid 'mines' in the Umbra like that."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:27 am

Friday:
Please, human ladies have a more complex psychology. it is traumatic... He said seriously.

Really, why would you have room for surprise? He sid jockingly. I'll leave Henrietta at the chantry and Lily at home, and after i can go with you.

Saturday:

Be safe, please. He said with a smile. Tane left and went towards Henrietta's place.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:41 am

"I think I might set the Node to pour its continuous quintessence generation into creating a vast streak of good luck for everyone occupying the rooftop; not sure how long it would be able to run, but it could hypothetically go on indefinitely, if the rate of draining matches the node's replenishment. It would probably annoy the Prince fairly quickly, though, when his victims start experiencing lucky escapes at the last second... but it might be enough to give the node a small nudge in the right direction. Until, of course, the Tremere find out what I've done and tear the whole spell apart."

"That's something they wouldn't be expecting...while we have the advantage of knowing what's going on that could be useful but it eventually could cut both ways. They could get lucky doing something we really don't want them to do, once they realise it instead of taking it down."

"I have made sleepers into true believers before, not many hedge wizards can do that since for most their powers do not work at all around a disbeliever but I should be able to squeeze out a spell or two if need be, if the woman needs to be convinced, but there have to be a need for it we can not go around showing off for sleepers for no good reason there are laws against that." Joakim said."

He raised an eyebrow at that and gave a nod. If it was necessary it could prove quite useful. But first to see if they could get to Tian's family and help them.

"The problem is getting access to the Node to work such magick it do take a bit of time, so we might hire some Node cleansers but getting them up there, that is the problem, like with everything else we have discussed."

"The Nephandi have had us in a time crunch for a while now, I'm wondering if they've been trying to squeeze auguries out of time-mages..."

"Conspire not with the enemies of the Ascension, though the situation might make a Tribunal look at such a message mildly there mitigating circumstances after all so I doubt the punishment for it would be much more than a official reprimand and seeing the Union waste their resources taking out our problems, well, all of our problem really would be quite poetic but no, it is not legal."

"I don't think it would go over well at the heels of earlier," he reminded him.

Adley was silent as he listened to the others speak, the little notes being passed back and forth between the Chief and Colin. He was surprised when they disclosed the Aswadim, but he had to admit it gave the Fallen a pause.

Adley raised an eyebrow at him, curious. There was another flurry of notes while the pair of them hashed it out.

He ran a hand across his face and locked eyes with Adley for a moment, "Like Damocles of old, we've got a Blade hanging over us. The smallest misstep, the slightest of errors, and we all risk, well... you get the idea. The question becomes whether you'll be willing to condemn your old Labyrinth and the people there to possible torture and death, or condemn them to be overrun by a literal and figurative Hell on Earth."

Adley looked back at Colin and waited a short breath while Tian absorbed that. It was a harsh thing to ask, very raw. It was a rough truth that would not smooth out. Either choice was bad, but...one was worse. "We must stop Abigail's plans, Tian. She makes this difficult by hiding behind others, hiding behind 12 year old apprentices, her followers. Or should I say those that have been...conscripted. It does seem not everyone is totally willing to join her cause. Is that what happened to you?" He sounded sad, as if it was a repetition of something he'd heard before - and it was, in fact, or at least similar. "Did she threaten they would do something horrible to your mentor, unless you went through the caul? So you did so to spare him." He sighed. "Listen. If we don't stop them, I think you can imagine how bad it could be. Everyone will be endangered, including your family whom we'd like to help, many people that have no choice or say in the matter are at risk. Please, if you know anything of Abigail's plans with the vampires or plans with the Aswadim...we must to stop them before they destroy everything."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top