The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:23 am

Colin nodded, "I didn't think it would be legal. Had to confirm, though."

Joakim nodded.
"Yes well usually our laws are pretty good and helps to keep order in our society, sometimes though their exact wording provide a problem with it comes to finding effective solutions to a problem, but I do understand them, it would not be a problem this time to involve the Union, but there is always a slippery slope around that."

He sighed, "You're quite right, son... we are running out of good options. Whatever happens, we'll have dark blots on our conscience. The best we can hope for, it seems, is still being around next week to feel guilty about it..."

"Yes...I know Mr Colin."
The boy said and sigh.
"Dammit I am supposed to be a Nephandus right and have no moral qualms with anything, but handing over that Labyrinth knowing there is a little girl there that would face such a fate if your side win when you storm it...I...do not think I can do that."

He ran a hand across his face and locked eyes with Adley for a moment, "Like Damocles of old, we've got a Blade hanging over us. The smallest misstep, the slightest of errors, and we all risk, well... you get the idea. The question becomes whether you'll be willing to condemn your old Labyrinth and the people there to possible torture and death, or condemn them to be overrun by a literal and figurative Hell on Earth."

"I know that twelve year old would choose non existence over what the Traditions want for her Mr Colin, remember that is what we want, not hell on earth, I guess some Nephandi want that as well but what would be the goal of Larson's plan would be to move the world one step closer to non existence..."
Tian protested.
"I do not worry about non existence for my friends at the Labyrinth they want that...I want that even if I do not want to drag the while world with me to get it. Who I do not want it for his Egypt."
He muttered.

He scrawled back to Joakim, "She uses widderslainte, because then she gets the Italians to do her dirty work! There's undoubtedly more to it, but I can't put my finger on it. But she has already laid 'mines' in the Umbra like that."

Joakim took his notebook back and scribbled back.
"Why would she need the Italians to do Gilgul for her, it seams to be allot more hassle to betray her own and loose valuable troops just to do what she could get any Master or Spirit or vampire to do to her enemies. I have no doubt she use the splinters but there have to be something else behind it in my opinion."
He quickly wrote.

"That's something they wouldn't be expecting...while we have the advantage of knowing what's going on that could be useful but it eventually could cut both ways. They could get lucky doing something we really don't want them to do, once they realise it instead of taking it down."

"It would be a great idea if we can deal with the Nephandi first so that time is not such a big issue."
Joakim commented.
"If we can take out Abigail so we get some breathing space then this sounds like a plan."

"The Nephandi have had us in a time crunch for a while now, I'm wondering if they've been trying to squeeze auguries out of time-mages..."

"Yes well they have had the time to prepare and plan for however long they pleased, while we now are left to react to their actions and so far it is not looking to good for us."
Joakim muttered and sigh and Kristina nodded.

Adley raised an eyebrow at him, curious. There was another flurry of notes while the pair of them hashed it out.

The Chief handed his notebook over to Adley so his fellow Hermetic could read the conversation and glanced to Colin to ask if he would do the same, perhaps a fresh pair of eyes could come up with a new perspective on the discussion.

Adley looked back at Colin and waited a short breath while Tian absorbed that. It was a harsh thing to ask, very raw. It was a rough truth that would not smooth out. Either choice was bad, but...one was worse. "We must stop Abigail's plans, Tian. She makes this difficult by hiding behind others, hiding behind 12 year old apprentices, her followers.

Tian was silent for a moment before he spoke.
"Yes...Abigail do hide behind her followers, she use the members of her Labyrinth like pieces on a chess board it matters little to here if she loose one as long as she win in the end. Let me ask you this if that little girl get captured is there anything that can be done to save her from...well you know? Or at least to make sure she is well treated and taken care of until...it happens."
The young Nephandus asked sounding sad.

Or should I say those that have been...conscripted. It does seem not everyone is totally willing to join her cause. Is that what happened to you?" He sounded sad, as if it was a repetition of something he'd heard before - and it was, in fact, or at least similar. "Did she threaten they would do something horrible to your mentor, unless you went through the caul? So you did so to spare him."

"Not everyone joined willingly no."
Tian said softly his voice sounded far away.
"Gabriel tortured my Mentor when they captured us...tortured him so bad and there was nothing I could do, I was only seven, eventually he talked, told his captor what he wanted to know but that did not make the torture stop...it made it worse as Gabriel did not need to keep my Mentor sane to answer questions anymore. I was forced to watch and I could do nothing...then Abigail gave me a choice, I could go to the Caul and then I would get a knife and I could end my Mentor's pain...or they would continue to torture him until he was close to death and then feed his soul to one of their dark Gods...I..."
The young Nephandus stopped talking and started to sob and someone among the vampires asked him if he was alright to which he just muttered.
"Yes..." Though he did not sound like he was.

He sighed. "Listen. If we don't stop them, I think you can imagine how bad it could be. Everyone will be endangered, including your family whom we'd like to help, many people that have no choice or say in the matter are at risk. Please, if you know anything of Abigail's plans with the vampires or plans with the Aswadim...we must to stop them before they destroy everything."

"I know nothing about the Aswadim...only that the plan is wrong. Both for the world and for...well how would you feel if someone made a plan to enslave one of your Oracles."
Tian muttered once his sobs had stopped.
"For the vampires what I know is that Abigail plans to strengthen this Node on the Sears tower as Larson needs all the juice she can get, there is this really old vampire that was once a mage and she is planning to use him for a ritual of some sort. I am sorry she do not exactly tell me allot of things."
The boy muttered.
"Whatever it is she is planning...it will not be good...there are some rumors though but they are to fantastical to be true, they can't be."
He said and you could hear the hesitation in his voice.
"If I tell you about the Labyrinth can you make sure that girl if she is captured get a good legal defense if there is any point to that, and that someone takes care of her so she at least do not have to face it all alone...someone that will not hate her, she is only a child..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:29 am

Friday:

Coawa sigh and nodded.
"I understand that."
He muttered. Lily looked a bit nervously at him but Henrietta explained.
"With human women you have to impress them in other ways than with your physical strength Coawa, charm her, protect her, show her that you are kind and dependable those are things that will make a woman fall for you."
She said and the wereshark looked rather confused at that.

Lily gave you a bit of a grin.
"It seams there are...quite a few things that exist that I would never have considered."
She muttered. Henrietta nodded as she sat down to eat.
"Very well that sounds like a plan though I can get back to the Chantry on my own Lily though needs to be taken home. Alessa gave you a bit of a smile.
"I will wait for you then, thank you Tane."
She said.

Saturday:

You left Cita to work on the shard trapped in your necklace and go to find Henrietta as you reach her door you see her heading towards you from down the corridor she had been out and was returning to her chambers.
"Ah Tane hello."
She said with a bit of a smile.
"Can I help you with anything?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:48 am

Colin shrugged, "I think I could confine the effect to only the rooftop, though. Probably. That would likely reduce the risk smewhat. But, true, it's too slow for our needs."
He nodded thoughtfully, "To paraphrase... a prisoner I've interrogated a few times - and no, no torture of other form of coercion, just a polite chat - the Nephandi don't lack morals, they just have a very different base set of morals. Whereas it would be wrong for me to torture someone, it would be wrong for the Nephandi not to do so..."
He sighed and scribbled back to Joakim, then nodded toward Adley as well, "There is indeed a great unknown factor. What we do know is that she's using the Italians for that dirty work, and they are traded widderslainte. They've also been helping keeping the Traditions in the dark about it all, which is part of why we've been completely oblivious to the whole thing before it came to a boil."
He pondered, giving Joakim a meaningful glance, "A lot can happen in combat. Odds are, the girl will be thrown into the fray somehow; taking anyone at all alive might be difficult in and of itself... But I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, Chief, I can get away with promising to hold her hand through it all. She's a child, unlikely to have information worth torturing her for... I can't defend her, or prevent her from being... executed, but I can offer her a hand to hold at the end."
He frowned, "But there are rumours, you say... What, precisely do these incredible rumours suggest?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:27 am

Colin shrugged, "I think I could confine the effect to only the rooftop, though. Probably. That would likely reduce the risk smewhat. But, true, it's too slow for our needs."

"Well while Prince Lodin uses executions fairly often Mr Wainwright it is not that often I mean there are only oh give our take ninety of of us in the city so three or four a year perhaps, which is allot but even so I imagine that would change the Resonance of the Node very slowly if you are basing it on how lucky you can get the condemned prisoners to be."
Isabella said.
"But I do like the idea."

He nodded thoughtfully, "To paraphrase... a prisoner I've interrogated a few times - and no, no torture of other form of coercion, just a polite chat - the Nephandi don't lack morals, they just have a very different base set of morals. Whereas it would be wrong for me to torture someone, it would be wrong for the Nephandi not to do so..."

"Yes we do have morals, but they are often different from that of most people."
Tian said then he sigh.
"I am not sure what mine are though Mr Colin, part of me are like the rest of the Fallen and part of me is not, but my confusion about my own morality is perhaps not the best topic for right now."

He sighed and scribbled back to Joakim, then nodded toward Adley as well, "There is indeed a great unknown factor. What we do know is that she's using the Italians for that dirty work, and they are traded widderslainte. They've also been helping keeping the Traditions in the dark about it all, which is part of why we've been completely oblivious to the whole thing before it came to a boil."

Joakim looked at the message and nodded.
"For now we just do not know enough to draw any conclusions."
He scribbled in his notebook and then showed it to both of the Awakened.

He pondered, giving Joakim a meaningful glance, "A lot can happen in combat. Odds are, the girl will be thrown into the fray somehow; taking anyone at all alive might be difficult in and of itself...

The old hedge wizard nodded at that.
"Yes there is a good chance the girl will die in combat, taking someone alive in a battle like that will not be a priority and taking down a threat regardless of age when you encounter them is the best solution. It is only if this child have hid away and are alive once the fighting is done that she would be taken captive. The Traditions prefer to take Nephandi alive for...well you know the reason Mr Silverberg but a dead Nephandus is better than one actively trying to take your head of, which is why taking prisoners from your faction is rare, changes are this apprentice would die in the fight."

But I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, Chief, I can get away with promising to hold her hand through it all. She's a child, unlikely to have information worth torturing her for... I can't defend her, or prevent her from being... executed, but I can offer her a hand to hold at the end."

"It is not likely she will be tortured no we are not monsters, she would be talked with but not forced. I doubt anyone would mind if you stayed with her at the end Mr Wainwright, so yes you can get away with promising that and I can see what I can do about getting her a lawyer, like you said she is a child, I do not know if the Traditions have captured any Nephandi that young in the past there might be a loophole or two to exploit somewhere not that I can promise anything but getting her a good defense."
Joakim said and that seamed to calm Tian a little.
"So she would not be tortured if she was taken alive, and would not be alone and someone would defend her and make sure she got a fair trial?"
He asked.

He frowned, "But there are rumours, you say... What, precisely do these incredible rumours suggest?"

"They are just rumors mind you, but what they say is that Larson want to implant the Aswadim into someone's soul...I mean who she could do that I do not know but she have been looking for someone with a well, ehm slot in their soul open for years that are also strong survivors. She have been interested in those messengers of yours, but mostly she have been nagging Abigail to find this guy that is supposed to live in Chicago, a hedge wizard that was once a mage who was made into a vampire and then I don't know how, magick I guess, turned him back into a human being but his Avatar was lost and he have lived like that since before the Traditions was formed. Abigail believe he or she for that matter lives in Chicago since Larson's Traditionalist contacts says there is a project underway to see if those who have...lost something essential...can learn hedge magic and someone for that project was sent to this city. However none have any clues about who this person is. The rumor says that if Larson can not find this hedge wizard then she is planning on using her own daughter...yes I know mother of the year, since she needs to sacrifice her Avatar and that of a powerful Time using mage to make her young Caul whole so then to put it indelicately her kid will have that slot open...but this sounds just to fantastical it can not be true you can not use a Awadim to well store them in someone's soul to have them do your bidding can you?"
Tian asked.
"We have urban legends and silly tales as well you know."
He commented.

Joakim had turned absolutely ashen pale as Tian spoke and he got to his feet unsteadily.
"Excuse me...I need to go...ehm...to the bathroom."
He muttered as he sort of fled the room...
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:03 am

Colin slowly leaned back in his chair, arms coming to rest on the table as Tian summarized the rumours, speaking in a half-whisper as Joakim left, "Oh my God... Under normal circumstances this would be preposterous, but... Larson has been actively working on this for years, probably since before she had her twins. Remember, we - even the Nephandi - are Mages. 'Impossible' just means we have to make a few more preparations, and Larson has been preparing for decades. Forced incarnation... that may well be part of why the widderslainte have been... well... dear God..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:04 am

Tian sigh, how much of your words he heard was not clear since the phone was on speaker, Adley was holding it and you where whispering but he did hear some of it.
"Perhaps Mr Colin but such a plan would be insanity, and the Aswadim I mean they are physical...they are mages like us just way...way more advanced...then again I know a Cabbalist, no not a Nephandus an Orphan and he believes two human beings became angels so I guess anything is possible, all I know is that Larson have ordered Abigail to find that hedge wizard and well those are the rumors about what she want with him or her since according to the rumor one who have managed to live that long in such a condition would be able to survive the ritual...but like I said it might just be campfire tales meant to scare apprentices."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:02 pm

Colin frowned, "Tian... this explains pretty much everything. Teomim's Grimoire, which is what Abigail hoped the package in the Mercere's care would lead to, would essentially be The Book on merging living beings, fleshy or ephemeral... and that book disappeared when the fellow died in the 15th century; people have been searching for it ever since."
He scratched his head, "I... need to ask you to do something important. What you just told us, along with what you told us on the phone earlier... could you write it up as a sworn testimony? Everything - every rumour about Larson's plans, the widderslainte that was dealt with, what Abigail wanted from the Mercere, how she's treated her vampire hostage, the lot... Don't assume anything is just an urban myth or campfire tale - include it all."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:12 pm

Colin frowned, "Tian... this explains pretty much everything. Teomim's Grimoire, which is what Abigail hoped the package in the Mercere's care would lead to, would essentially be The Book on merging living beings, fleshy or ephemeral... and that book disappeared when the fellow died in the 15th century; people have been searching for it ever since."

"It may be why she attacked the Post Office and are after those remains, certainly the Grimoire of the only known artificial Rebis would be useful to her if that story is true but the question is if it is true, on the other hand if it is, that is a truly terrifying prospect."
Tian muttered the young Fallen sounded rather scared now.

He scratched his head, "I... need to ask you to do something important. What you just told us, along with what you told us on the phone earlier... could you write it up as a sworn testimony? Everything - every rumour about Larson's plans, the widderslainte that was dealt with, what Abigail wanted from the Mercere, how she's treated her vampire hostage, the lot... Don't assume anything is just an urban myth or campfire tale - include it all."

"I guess I can at that, but how would I get such a document delivered to you? I mean I can not exactly walk up to a Chantry now can I that would mean instant arrest, not that I would probably be that much more unsafe in a Traditionalist cell right now if this story have any reality to it."
The boy said and sigh.
"Also I am not so sure that my sworn testimony would hold much weight in the Traditions but sure I can do it."
He added.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Colin stroked his chin, "Getting it delivered should be... far easier. I'm sure your hostess will be able to arrange something. As for how much weight it would hold... In the right hands, it should at least suffice to get a thorough investigation going. As for lending it weight... Some act of good faith would go a long way in giving it credibility - trusting your daughter's safety to us would likely shift the balance in your favour, both because that would bring a young Mage to greater safety, and because we would, well... I can't lie - it would give us a strong link to track you by."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:10 pm

Colin stroked his chin, "Getting it delivered should be... far easier. I'm sure your hostess will be able to arrange something.

"Very well I will ask her if she can get it delivered."
Tian agreed.

As for how much weight it would hold... In the right hands, it should at least suffice to get a thorough investigation going. As for lending it weight... Some act of good faith would go a long way in giving it credibility - trusting your daughter's safety to us would likely shift the balance in your favour, both because that would bring a young Mage to greater safety, and because we would, well... I can't lie - it would give us a strong link to track you by."

"I...if Egypt get taken in my the Traditions I will never see her again and she will learn to hate me."
The Nephandus muttered sadly then he sigh.
"But her safety is the most important, she will be well cared for right? Given a mentor and education, and she and Tamara will be protected?"
He asked.
"I do not care if you can track me with my link to my daughter, her safety is the most important thing to me Mr Colin...so she will be safe with the Traditions right?"
Tian asked sounding nervous.
"She is the only good and pure thing in my life, if I get captured or killed at least I can say I did right by her, I provided for her as good as I could I would do anything to keep her safe."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:14 pm

Friday:

You cerainly can, but it's dangerous lately, for everyone.

Saturday:

Hi! Hey, umm, you free?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:25 pm

Colin stroked his chin, "If I get to have any say in the matter... I'll do what I can to ensure your daughter won't be taught to hate the Nephandi. She'll have to learn to fight the Fallen, obviously, and why you are collectively a threat to the world we live in, but that can be done without blinding hatred. You are a good kid who made a horrible decision under duress - and you're not the only one. I will do what is in my power to shield and guide her, even if I can't take her on as my Apprentice. I'm not saying this to help you - that would be illegal - I'm saying this to help her not become eaten alive by hate."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Tane:

Friday:

Henrietta nodded.
"Yes it is, then again if you follow me back to the Chantry you have to go back here alone, and it is just as dangerous for you as for me."

Saturday:

The young hedge wizard nodded.
"Yes I am now that I am finished with guard duty for now."
She said and gave Tane a smile.
"What can I do for you?"

Colin:

Colin stroked his chin, "If I get to have any say in the matter... I'll do what I can to ensure your daughter won't be taught to hate the Nephandi. She'll have to learn to fight the Fallen, obviously, and why you are collectively a threat to the world we live in, but that can be done without blinding hatred.

"Thank you Mr Colin I...appreciate it, yes if Egypt become a member of the Traditions she will have to fight the Nephandi and I am ok with that, I just do not want her to hate me. Probably I will be caught or killed and be dead long before she is old enough to remember, but I want her to know that her father loved her and wanted the best for her."
Tian muttered softly.

You are a good kid who made a horrible decision under duress - and you're not the only one. I will do what is in my power to shield and guide her, even if I can't take her on as my Apprentice. I'm not saying this to help you - that would be illegal - I'm saying this to help her not become eaten alive by hate."

"Thank you."
The young Nephandus muttered again then he said.
"Egypt and her mother live in a small apartment building in Galewood, apartment nr 74 on Caroline street 23."
He said then he pleaded.
"Just please keep them safe they have no part in any of this, and Egypt is such a sweet child, she will grow into a fine woman I think."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:06 pm

The Chief handed his notebook over to Adley so his fellow Hermetic could read the conversation and glanced to Colin to ask if he would do the same, perhaps a fresh pair of eyes could come up with a new perspective on the discussion.

Adley read back over the conversation and then went back to listening to the others talk to Tian. He wasn't sure what to make of Colin's thoughts about the widderslainte, the Cheif had summarized why it was less likely. There had to be something they were missing. He returned the notebook to Colin.

"Not everyone joined willingly no." Tian said softly his voice sounded far away. "Gabriel tortured my Mentor when they captured us...tortured him so bad and there was nothing I could do, I was only seven... The young Nephandus stopped talking and started to sob and someone among the vampires asked him if he was alright to which he just muttered. "Yes..." Though he did not sound like he was.

"I'm sorry to bring that memory up," he said in a sympathetic voice, thinking of Claire. "But that she does things like that is why we must stop her."

He pondered, giving Joakim a meaningful glance, "A lot can happen in combat. Odds are, the girl will be thrown into the fray somehow; taking anyone at all alive might be difficult in and of itself... But I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, Chief, I can get away with promising to hold her hand through it all. She's a child, unlikely to have information worth torturing her for... I can't defend her, or prevent her from being... executed, but I can offer her a hand to hold at the end.

"That you care for these people..." he said to Tian. "I cannot put against you that you have a heart. It is one reason why you are different than, say Abigail. But if she and the other one get her way, even those you care about could suffer before they reach their end."

"For the vampires what I know is that Abigail plans to strengthen this Node on the Sears tower as Larson needs all the juice she can get, there is this really old vampire that was once a mage and she is planning to use him for a ritual of some sort. I am sorry she do not exactly tell me allot of things." The boy muttered. "Whatever it is she is planning...it will not be good...there are some rumors though but they are to fantastical to be true, they can't be." He said and you could hear the hesitation in his voice

He frowned. "Is it a sacrifice ritual? What time, do you know, is it happening?"

"They are just rumors mind you, but what they say is that Larson want to implant the Aswadim into someone's soul...I mean who she could do that I do not know but she have been looking for someone with a well, ehm slot in their soul open for years that are also strong survivors. She have been interested in those messengers of yours, but mostly she have been nagging Abigail to find this guy that is supposed to live in Chicago, a hedge wizard that was once a mage who was made into a vampire and then I don't know how, magick I guess, turned him back into a human being but his Avatar was lost...but this sounds just to fantastical it can not be true you can not use a Awadim to well store them in someone's soul to have them do your bidding can you?" Tian asked. "We have urban legends and silly tales as well you know.

Shit. Just when Adley thought things were bad enough, they got even worse. He glared at Colin when he mentioned what the Grimoire. "I think she truly means to try. Which means that she is willing to put her own daughter at risk. This man you speak of, not the same as the situation with juicing the node, correct? They are separate individuals..."

"But her safety is the most important, she will be well cared for right? Given a mentor and education, and she and Tamara will be protected?"He asked. "I do not care if you can track me with my link to my daughter, her safety is the most important thing to me Mr Colin...so she will be safe with the Traditions right?

"If they are not Fallen, then we will try to help them Tian," he said, looking at the Chief and Colin. "Will you tell us where the Labyrinth is, or where we can find Abigail so we can stop these disastrous plans?"

"Excuse me...I need to go...ehm...to the bathroom." He muttered as he sort of fled the room..

He looked at the others and shook his head, waiting for Tyler or Tian to pick up the phone again. Discussing the potential torture of 12 year olds had not improved his mood. Still, he hoped they could save his family at least. In his mind's eye he could see him, still. Hear his voice asking how far would he go. Sobbing in his arms, in pain. When they got back home they would have more bad news for Hannah. Who, despite it all, had a small bit of...not respect but perhaps familial love for her mother. Just enough...shit.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Colin met Adley's glare, and quickly jotted down a message to him, "He knew about the Grimoire before we spoke. Let him keep believing it's a book. Also, Joakim's youngest apprentice fits the description of one of the targets..."
He carefully noted down the address, and nodded, "Thank you, Sebastian... I will try to make sure your daughter gets to stay with her mother by any means possible... though there's a risk you've seen them for the last time. Witness protection, that sort of thing, you know. They may have to move into a Chantry for safety."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:52 pm

"I'm sorry to bring that memory up," he said in a sympathetic voice, thinking of Claire. "But that she does things like that is why we must stop her."

"I...agree."
Tian said sounding sad, he clearly grieved about his Mentor.
"My teacher was a good man."
He mutters.
"But Abigail destroys good men."

"That you care for these people..." he said to Tian. "I cannot put against you that you have a heart. It is one reason why you are different than, say Abigail. But if she and the other one get her way, even those you care about could suffer before they reach their end."

"Yes but I do not know how to protect my loved ones, I feel so powerless against Abigail...I always have, I could not save my Mentor and I can not save my child and her mother."
The young Nephandus muttered bitterly.

He frowned. "Is it a sacrifice ritual? What time, do you know, is it happening?"

"It will be done at dawn."
Tian said.
"Yes it is a sacrifice ritual."

"I think she truly means to try. Which means that she is willing to put her own daughter at risk. This man you speak of, not the same as the situation with juicing the node, correct? They are separate individuals..."

"They are two separate individuals. The one that are being sacrificed at dawn is a vampire he no longer have the well soul slot if you want to call it that where an Avatar would sit, the one Larson is looking for is fully human, he was made into a vampire but somehow, probably with magick became human again, it is possible I hear only very difficult, he would be like any Gilgulled human being."

"If they are not Fallen, then we will try to help them Tian," he said, looking at the Chief and Colin.

"They are not Fallen I assure you."
Tian said then he added.
"Thank you."

"Will you tell us where the Labyrinth is, or where we can find Abigail so we can stop these disastrous plans?"

Tian hesitated then he finally begun talking about the Labyrinth.
"The Labyrinth is in the sewers...I hear that Abigail had a vampire help build it or find it, a vampire she later kidnapped and used as a pet, originally it was a back up but when the old Labyrinth was destroyed oh, seventy years back or so she moved her people to the sewers. You go down through the manhole on 56 Street by the old cinema, you are not going to want to go down there, that is part of the defenses, if you go East you will eventually see a maintenance room behind a metal door, the entrance to the Labyrinth is hidden in the back of that room."
Tian muttered then he gave a long, pain filled sigh.
"And now anyone who get captured from that Labyrinth...including that girl...will be my fault."
He muttered sounding devastated.

(OOC: It is Joakim not Tian that runs off. As Tian talks about Larson's plans the Chief go ashen pale and look like he might be sick, and then excuse himself and run out of the room. Tian is still on the line. I am sorry for the misunderstanding.)

He carefully noted down the address, and nodded, "Thank you, Sebastian... I will try to make sure your daughter gets to stay with her mother by any means possible... though there's a risk you've seen them for the last time. Witness protection, that sort of thing, you know. They may have to move into a Chantry for safety."

"Will you tell Egypt that I love her if you see her and tell Tamara...tell her I am sorry I got her involved in this shit and that I have the deepest respect for her, she will always be the mother of my child even if we never loved one another."
The boy asked then he sigh.
"I will miss them dearly and hope I get to see them again but their protection is the most important thing."
He said and then he was silent for a moment before he added.
"And...if you catch anyone because of the information I have given...can you please tell them from me that I am so sorry, I doubt they will forgive me but still, can you tell them that from me anyway please..."
Tian muttered then he added.
"Unless it is Gabriel, can you tell him to go and fuck himself."
He said angrily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Colin's voice softened, ever so slightly, "You can't personally save your daughter and her mother, but you are entrusting them to some who can - letting go of personal pride like that is a rare and admirable trait."
He pondered the description as Tian gave the Labyrinth's location, "Say, is there a node and a tass storage on the premises? If so, I may need to know - I just might have to burn it. I can largely guarantee that will be... hazardous to the place. It shouldn't affect anything aboveground, I think; I can aim pretty accurately - but depending on the amount of available power, well, have you ever heard the phrase 'The light at the end of the tunnel is an incoming dragon'?"
He nodded, "If I see them, I will let her know. And as for Gabriel... last I saw him, he could be put into two boxes and a bucket. He suffered an acute allergy to buckshot, it would seem, and won't be able to receive your greeting," he added grimly.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:40 pm

Colin's voice softened, ever so slightly, "You can't personally save your daughter and her mother, but you are entrusting them to some who can - letting go of personal pride like that is a rare and admirable trait."

"I do not know about admirable but right now this is all I can do for them."
Tian muttered sadly.
"Hopefully though Tamara and Egypt will have good lives."

He pondered the description as Tian gave the Labyrinth's location, "Say, is there a node and a tass storage on the premises? If so, I may need to know - I just might have to burn it. I can largely guarantee that will be... hazardous to the place. It shouldn't affect anything aboveground, I think; I can aim pretty accurately - but depending on the amount of available power, well, have you ever heard the phrase 'The light at the end of the tunnel is an incoming dragon'?"

"Not so often anymore but once going into a tunnel was a real hazard for there was a good chance there would be dragons or other such creatures there."
Tian said missing the point of the joke completely.
"There are two Nodes, one is a old mass grave of miners that are located under the main area of the Labyrinth and the other is about two tunnels down, it used to belong to some were...something...rats I think until Abigail exterminated them and took their Node and corrupted it."
The Nephandus said and sigh.
"There is a tass and artifact storage room towards the rear Northern part of the complex...taking the Nodes out? You can do that?"

He nodded, "If I see them, I will let her know. And as for Gabriel... last I saw him, he could be put into two boxes and a bucket. He suffered an acute allergy to buckshot, it would seem, and won't be able to receive your greeting," he added grimly.

"Thank you Mr Colin."
The boy said then he added.
"So Gabriel is dead? Good...it is horrible to say it but good, the world will not miss him though his apprentice might, that twelve year old is his, and the only one he was ever nice to was his student."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:00 pm

"It will be done at dawn." Tian said. "Yes it is a sacrifice ritual."

"Do you know anything else about it?"

"They are two separate individuals. The one that are being sacrificed at dawn is a vampire he no longer have the well soul slot if you want to call it that where an Avatar would sit, the one Larson is looking for is fully human, he was made into a vampire but somehow, probably with magick became human again, it is possible I hear only very difficult, he would be like any Gilgulled human being."

Adley frowned. "I see...this is very important. Do you know anything else about this?" Then he looked over in surprise as Joaquim quit the room in a hurry, casting a vexed glance at Colin.

Colin met Adley's glare, and quickly jotted down a message to him, "He knew about the Grimoire before we spoke. Let him keep believing it's a book. Also, Joakim's youngest apprentice fits the description of one of the targets..."

He read the note and then glanced at the door that the Chief had just all but run through then back to his friend with a grim expression.

"The Labyrinth is in the sewers...And now anyone who get captured from that Labyrinth...including that girl...will be my fault."

"It was not you that built this labyrinth, or took people in there by force. I know this is very hard." He added, "Are there gate guardians? Spirit entities? Do you know how to get through them, words that you must say or items you must carry, for example?"

// well then Adley will be mighty confused about where Joaquim went until he gets Colin's note. I assume it's not one of the ones he's met yet - I don't recall Adley being told about any of their pasts.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:24 pm

"Do you know anything else about it?"

"I know the ritual will involve killing him and taking every bit of Tass in his system and give it to the Node to make it stronger...I think they will be feeding him first but exactly how they will be doing it I do not know, I am sorry."

Adley frowned. "I see...this is very important. Do you know anything else about this?" Then he looked over in surprise as Joaquim quit the room in a hurry, casting a vexed glance at Colin.

"Not much, I have always seen it as an fairytale, just a rumor. What I know is this Larson is looking for a particular hedge wizard that they say lost his Avatar to a vampire but was turned human again, though I guess it is more likely he drank vampire blood and was poisoned, in either case this is supposed to have happened centuries ago and this man not only survived but became a powerful hedge wizard. If the fairytale is true then Larson want him because he might be mentally strong enough to survive her ritual. A few years ago Larson came to my boss and told her that she believed this man she was looking for was here in Chicago. Larson have contacts in the Traditions and they had told her that there was a project underway to try to teach a Gilgulled mage hedge magick, and so they where sending one of the messenger's lost cases to Chicago where there was an old hedge wizard that rumors said had lost his Faunt our Font or whatever the fuck they called it back in the day to a vampire as they assumed he was the one with the best chance to be able to train this kid they where sending...Larson took this to mean the man she was looking for was here but she have not found him yet and she have kidnapped quite a few hedge wizards to look for him thus far and that is all I know, I am sorry."

"It was not you that built this labyrinth, or took people in there by force. I know this is very hard." He added, "Are there gate guardians? Spirit entities? Do you know how to get through them, words that you must say or items you must carry, for example?"

"There are two gate guardians, both lesser outsider things, they are nasty and will attack anything not Fallen. There are a fire elemental that protect the Labyrinth as well, she will attack those she do not know. There are a ward it will let those in that speak in the dragon's tongue and command it to open."
Tian explained then he sigh.
"No I did not build the Labyrinth but I am betraying everyone there."
He said sadly.
"And not all of them are monsters."

(OOC: Confused Hermetics wee. Razz No the kid in question is not one of the two hedge wizards that helped out at the Post Office but are probably the apprentice that Adley agreed to talk with about his lover and how to defend himself when things calmed down. He was told that kid had lost his Avatar to the Union's misunderstood mercy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Colin smiled, "Dragons and miners and wererats, oh my... No, I can't take out a node. I can, however, drain quintessence directly into an impressively vulgar and continuous display of pure damage... The tass store, though - there might be something left of the room itself. Maybe."
He frowned, "Feeding him... I'm given to understand vampires will go into a feeding frenzy unless restrained when they are unstaked? If the vampire in question is presently staked, it would be all to easy to send a poor expendable sot to unstake the fellow..."
He pondered for a moment, "Those gate guardians - would those be Jodelle Jerkins' adorable little hellspawn? Also, is the Labyrinth bricks and mortar, or fleshy bits?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Colin smiled, "Dragons and miners and wererats, oh my... No, I can't take out a node. I can, however, drain quintessence directly into an impressively vulgar and continuous display of pure damage... The tass store, though - there might be something left of the room itself. Maybe."

"Hum...impressive, very impressive."
Tian said.
"Well the Tass storage is right next to the weapons room so if you act quickly you might deprive the Labyrinth of both Tass, weapons and talismans then in one go."

He frowned, "Feeding him... I'm given to understand vampires will go into a feeding frenzy unless restrained when they are unstaked? If the vampire in question is presently staked, it would be all to easy to send a poor expendable sot to unstake the fellow..."

"One moment let me answer this one."
You hear a woman say over Tian's shoulder.
"No he do not have the phone on speaker but I do hear rather well. Ok here is the thing, staking hurt like Satan is riding you like a two dollar whore and it create an acute panic, it is a pretty shitty condition to be in, so frenzies and something else we get when we get literary scared out of our wits happens quite a bit when staked and tend to also happen when that stake is removed but one can control oneself with effort. Now as for feeding a staked vampire, use a needle or push a tube down their throat, Princes have done it for years when they want to keep captures enemies alive to suffer."
The woman said and another woman sigh.
"Yes yes, you have now told the mages a little more about our weaknesses, good job, go and clean out of the cars Amy."
Tyler's voice said and she sounded mildly frustrated. Tian sigh.
"Sorry about that it seams my hosts wanted in on the conversation."

He pondered for a moment, "Those gate guardians - would those be Jodelle Jerkins' adorable little hellspawn? Also, is the Labyrinth bricks and mortar, or fleshy bits?"

"No, those are not outsider things they are Miss Jerkins creations with one of of the beings she worhsips...the guardians are actually Outsider Things but they are fairly small. The Labyrinth are a bit of both but there are some ehm...fleshy bits yes."
Tian explains.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:24 pm

"I know the ritual will involve killing him and taking every bit of Tass in his system and give it to the Node to make it stronger...I think they will be feeding him first but exactly how they will be doing it I do not know, I am sorry."

"Thank you that is very helpful."

"Not much, I have always seen it as an fairytale, just a rumor...Larson took this to mean the man she was looking for was here but she have not found him yet and she have kidnapped quite a few hedge wizards to look for him thus far and that is all I know, I am sorry."

"Again, thank you."

"There are two gate guardians, both lesser outsider things, they are nasty and will attack anything not Fallen. There are a fire elemental that protect the Labyrinth as well, she will attack those she do not know. There are a ward it will let those in that speak in the dragon's tongue and command it to open."

"I see, and keep out or harm those that do not."

"No I did not build the Labyrinth but I am betraying everyone there." He said sadly. "And not all of them are monsters."

"What she and her partner are planning though is monstrous. Unfortunately."

"Yes yes, you have now told the mages a little more about our weaknesses, good job, go and clean out of the cars Amy." Tyler's voice said and she sounded mildly frustrated. Tian sigh. "Sorry about that it seams my hosts wanted in on the conversation."

He could understand Tyler's frustration. Though it was something he already knew, due to Lenoe. "Very well," he said, looking at Colin as he tried to think of anything else they might be able to ask him. "Do you happen to know how they made the caul in your labyrinth?" he asked. It was a bit of a shot in the dark, but he knew that Larson's was her own flesh and blood, a babe that once had a name. Hannah's brother.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:04 pm

"Thank you that is very helpful."

"I am sorry I do not know more to tell you, I hope you manage to stop that sacrifice."
Tian said.

"Again, thank you."

"You are welcome."

"I see, and keep out or harm those that do not."

"Yes the ward will keep out those who do not speak out language and if someone try to force their way in then well, yes it will harm the intruders."
The young Nephandus explained.

"What she and her partner are planning though is monstrous. Unfortunately."

"Yes it is..."
Tian admitted.
"Do you think you will be able to stop Larson and Abigail's plans Traditionalist? I am sorry to refer to you so but I do not know your name."
He asked.

"Do you happen to know how they made the caul in your labyrinth?" he asked. It was a bit of a shot in the dark, but he knew that Larson's was her own flesh and blood, a babe that once had a name. Hannah's brother.

"No I do not know, it was alive and there long before I came to the Labyrinth, but I think they make them out of people...Awakened people children in particular."
The young Nephandus said.
"Horrible as that may seam."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:20 pm

"Yes it is..." Tian admitted. "Do you think you will be able to stop Larson and Abigail's plans Traditionalist? I am sorry to refer to you so but I do not know your name." He asked.

"We must...we cannot allow this to happen."

"No I do not know, it was alive and there long before I came to the Labyrinth, but I think they make them out of people...Awakened people children in particular."
The young Nephandus said. "Horrible as that may seam."

"Quite horrible," he agreed. "Very well. You mentioned that Larson had contacts inside the Traditions. Do you know anything more about that? Just answer yes or no, please." He gave Colin another look and wrote down a note for him: 'anything else?'
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top