The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:47 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "Well, that chatty lady - Amy, was it? - certainly corrected my slight misunderstanding... Hardly a weakness I'd be likely to try to exploit, though we might find it useful to provide... medical care to vampires, should we have to deal with one in a, shall we say inconvenienced situation?"
He pondered, "Those Outsider Things... I don't suppose you know how to fight them, if necessary? I'd hate to run into them and find that neither bullets nor spellslinging work..."
He glanced at Adley's note for a moment, and nodded, "And the... organic parts of the Labyrinth, I expect those sport a rather random array of sensory organs, genitalia and other assorted... bits? Do those function as part of the place's surveillance system?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:29 am

"We must...we cannot allow this to happen."

"Is there anything else I can do to help?"
Tian asked softly.
"If there is anything I can do to keep the world safe for my daughter I will do it."

"Quite horrible," he agreed. "Very well. You mentioned that Larson had contacts inside the Traditions. Do you know anything more about that? Just answer yes or no, please." He gave Colin another look and wrote down a note for him: 'anything else?'

"Yes."
Tian said according to your instruction he did not say more though he did seam a bit confused over it.

Colin smiled thinly, "Well, that chatty lady - Amy, was it? - certainly corrected my slight misunderstanding... Hardly a weakness I'd be likely to try to exploit, though we might find it useful to provide... medical care to vampires, should we have to deal with one in a, shall we say inconvenienced situation?"

"Amy yes, well staking is an alternative to killing a vampire and is an acceptable way to keep someone prisoner if they are to powerful for chains, but it is not pleasant."
Tyler said from where she stood near Tian.
"No it is not an weakness I would recommend that you try to exploit Sir, it could make that vampire in question and his or her allies quite upset at you which you know, might be unhealthy."
She warned.

He pondered, "Those Outsider Things... I don't suppose you know how to fight them, if necessary? I'd hate to run into them and find that neither bullets nor spellslinging work..."

"The magick you call Prime and Spirit, and if they fully manifest then physical attacks do work, but they are durable, the problem is the feeling of decay and despair they leave in anyone around them, the feeling of wrongness, these beings do not fit in our reality Mr Colin, they are the things that should not be."
The boy said gravely.
"They are not pleasant adversaries."

He glanced at Adley's note for a moment, and nodded, "And the... organic parts of the Labyrinth, I expect those sport a rather random array of sensory organs, genitalia and other assorted... bits? Do those function as part of the place's surveillance system?"

"Yes they do, and they are in constant communication with Abigail as the Lady of the Labyrinth."
Tian said then he sigh.
"The whole place is alive in away, and it thinks, but in a very alien way."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:42 am

"Is there anything else I can do to help?" Tian asked softly. "If there is anything I can do to keep the world safe for my daughter I will do it."

"Make the statement, as requested. If you know where Abigail is going to be, between now and morning, that would help. How many people are in the Labyrinth?" he asked. Then added, "Hm...if there is something you can tell me, that your family would know, something that you would be likely only tell me about willingly so that they knew we were trying to help them?"

"Yes." Tian said...

Adley scratched at his chin and then wrote a quick note to pass to Colin with a raised eyebrow. 'need to be careful with all the people listening but I want to know what he knows about that - naming names is dangerous though. I expect if he writes it into his statement it would get read plus it could spell trouble.'

He fell quiet again listening. Those despair entities were going to make things difficult. But at least they knew they were there now, if they had to go through all that. The second they got inside though, Abigail would know...they'd gone from one target to up to three depending on the target and all of them were fortified. She had to make it difficult of course...if they could draw her out, it would be much easier than taking her on her own turf.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:10 am

"Make the statement, as requested. If you know where Abigail is going to be, between now and morning, that would help.

"She will either be at the Labyrinth or visiting with her vampire allies I think, that is the most likely, she also have a sleeper boy toy, for a lack of a more respectful word to use that she might be visiting but I do not know where he lives. I will make the statement, I will get writing on it as soon as we are done talking."
The boy promised.

How many people are in the Labyrinth?"

"We where thirty six Awakened Sir but some where sent to Boston, five yesterday I think and seven today and I am sure we lost more than Gabriel at the Post Office. In addition there are ten unawakened pawns, and some of them have investments. We also have two Black Spiral Dancers, shapeshifters living with us, in addition to the spirits I already mentioned."
Tian said but it was clear that giving this information cost him and he regretted it.

he asked. Then added, "Hm...if there is something you can tell me, that your family would know, something that you would be likely only tell me about willingly so that they knew we were trying to help them?"

"Hum...let me see, yes when Tamara was pregnant she had had a tumble down the stairs and almost lost the baby, I healed her and Egypt, but she do not know that, I did not get it all though and my daughter was born with a broken leg and was shipped to a children's hospital in Huston for surgery five days after her birth, you would not know that by looking at her though, all she have is a small scar, however that day when Egypt was in surgery we where so scarred and I and Tamara sat playing cards in the waiting room just to have something to do, for hours until Egypt came out of surgery...will that story do?"
Tian asked softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:32 am

Colin grinned, "Well, I would rather prefer not to make more enemies than necessary, especially when the potential enemies in question have the capacity to quite literally bite my head off, as it were."
He nodded, frowning, "So that's what that bastard was... I think I've had the distinct experience of encountering one, by that description... Luckily, not quite manifested, but still a pain in the posterior until the summoner was rendered unconscious."
He sighed, "And now I wonder if the battlecruisers are just very successful Labyrinths... Well, that's a concern for later, in any case. Or actually, does the Labyrinth have a brain of its own?"
He nodded to Adley, "Too many details of those contacts on the phone will be dangerous... could you add them to the statement?"
He frowned, and jotted down on the writing pad, "36 - 12 = 24, - 6 at PO, 18, -3 at apt. for 15. Possibly -6 more for the secondary strike team, if the Union team caught them. Potentially down by 75% - it's not been a good day for that Labyrinth... 19-25 humans, two werebeasts, and the other things..."
He scratched his head, "Those Black Spiral Dancers... what sort of shapeshifters are those, do you know?"
He nodded, "That information should serve to convince her you sent us, yes..."

((OOC: Right, I forgot to mention this sooner, but today starts a four-day gaming con. I'll be... sporadic until sometime Sunday; only posting from the phone. Board games and mead FTW. Very Happy ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:29 am

Colin grinned, "Well, I would rather prefer not to make more enemies than necessary, especially when the potential enemies in question have the capacity to quite literally bite my head off, as it were."

"Wise man."
Tyler said with a bit of humor in her voice.
"Very wise man."

He nodded, frowning, "So that's what that bastard was... I think I've had the distinct experience of encountering one, by that description... Luckily, not quite manifested, but still a pain in the posterior until the summoner was rendered unconscious."

"Yeah I have had some experience with them my damned teacher within the Nephandi, a man that I luckily no longer need to have anything to do with used to be good at calling them, they are not plesant to be around, the Resonance from those creatures are quite...oppressing."
Tian muttered in a grumpy tone of voice and if he did not like to be reminded of them or his Nephandic teacher.

He sighed, "And now I wonder if the battlecruisers are just very successful Labyrinths... Well, that's a concern for later, in any case. Or actually, does the Labyrinth have a brain of its own?"

"Yes in a way it do have a brain, or more brains."
The young Nephandus said.
"In a way yes the polyps are giant flying Labyrinths but they are far more independent than our homes, we need someone able to interact with them to control them and get to to fly where we want."
He informed you.

He nodded to Adley, "Too many details of those contacts on the phone will be dangerous... could you add them to the statement?"

"I can do that if you think it is dangerous to speak it Mr Colin."
Tian said but he sounded a bit confused about it.

He scratched his head, "Those Black Spiral Dancers... what sort of shapeshifters are those, do you know?"

"Bears, big black ravenous bears."
The young Nephandus said and you hear Tyler swear in the background.
"You do not want to get into a scuffle with those."
Tian warned you.

He nodded, "That information should serve to convince her you sent us, yes..."

"Good..."
Tian said over the phone.

(OOC: Have fun is it Arcon you are going to? Also I will be busy for quite a bit of the day, first I am going out to have lunch with friends and then I am going to a barbecue party in the evening. I will reply when I can.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:11 am

Colin nodded sagely, a bit of grief ringing in his voice, "I'm already aware the polyps require a Handler, and that that role requires a rather rare aptitude... and that the Handler is a very, very weak spot, no matter how many defenses their chamber is hidden behind."
He frowned, "Werebears, really? And here I thought the wereshark looked scary... Ah, this is where I wish I had some silver weapons made..."

((OOC: AtlantiCon, actually. I don't think Arcon permits alcohol.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:25 am

Colin nodded sagely, a bit of grief ringing in his voice, "I'm already aware the polyps require a Handler, and that that role requires a rather rare aptitude... and that the Handler is a very, very weak spot, no matter how many defenses their chamber is hidden behind."

"Yes without a handler the ship is to alien, even for us to understand and without him or her the polyp will for the most part do as it pleases, which generally is return to the deepest, darkest parts of the Umbra. I was tested for aptitude with the Battle Cruisers, but found lacking, but they are magnificent our ships, simply magnificent."
Tian muttered sounding quite awed.
"I am surprised though Mr Colin, few outside of our own ranks know about our Battle Cruisers needing such a Handler to function."
He inquired.
"Have you perhaps experience battling our ships Sir?"

He frowned, "Werebears, really? And here I thought the wereshark looked scary... Ah, this is where I wish I had some silver weapons made..."

"If that works on them Sir, I am not sure all the fera have the same metal weaknesses, though I am no expert on their kind."
Tian said.
"But yes I would not want to get in their way."

(OOC: It did last time I was there, then there was a bar in the basement for late in the evenings but they might have changed things.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Colin grimaced, "There's no simple or straightforward answer to that question, I'm afraid. Suffice to say I remember how to infiltrate and disable."
He nodded, "Such a dilemma - it's knowledge of fera one won't have until immediately after it would have been useful."

((OOC: Still, I expect bringing 15 pints of mead would be frowned upon. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:01 pm

"We where thirty six Awakened Sir but some where sent to Boston, five yesterday I think and seven today and I am sure we lost more than Gabriel at the Post Office. In addition there are ten unawakened pawns, and some of them have investments. We also have two Black Spiral Dancers, shapeshifters living with us, in addition to the spirits I already mentioned."
He frowned, and jotted down on the writing pad, "36 - 12 = 24, - 6 at PO, 18, -3 at apt. for 15. Possibly -6 more for the secondary strike team, if the Union team caught them. Potentially down by 75% - it's not been a good day for that Labyrinth... 19-25 humans, two werebeasts, and the other things..."

He nodded at Colin's note then said to Tian, "I see." That was a decently sized Labyrinth, or at least it had been. It looked like they wouldn't be able to send more recruits to Larson without leaving their own place bare. "Are there traps other than what you have mentioned? What about what Abigail's preferred methods are, her magicakal aptitudes?"

"I can do that if you think it is dangerous to speak it Mr Colin." Tian said but he sounded a bit confused about it.

'It could be, could you write that on a secondary statement?"

Adley noted back to Colin, 'There's a good chance that my contact might have a look at all this but I will ask her not to do so. I am concerned that if it is in the original statement, if he should be taken in, it might do more harm than good unless the timing is right.'

"Bears, big black ravenous bears." The young Nephandus said and you hear Tyler swear in the background."You do not want to get into a scuffle with those."

"That does not sound pleasant to deal with..."

Colin grimaced, "There's no simple or straightforward answer to that question, I'm afraid. Suffice to say I remember how to infiltrate and disable.

He gave Colin a shake of his head in warning to him about speaking too much.

Once Colin had satisfied all his questions and he could think of no others, he said,"Very well, when you are done writing this, please give it to your hostess in sealed envelopes if you can manage it. I would like to speak to her again, please."

// Have a great time, drink a pint or to for me : )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Friday:

I'm more bodilly suited to phisical confrontation, and i got my good sword. I could go toe to toe with them. he hailed both the shapeshifters. And i can rip a soul out of a body, if needed. I'll be fine.

Saturday:

I might need your assistence. I think the technocrats might have gilguled some Nephandis and left sharpenned stakes of avatars around the places you can come and go from the umbra. I'm heading out to collect this shards, and since i know you'd love a chance to smash techno-heads and you don't have an awakened avatar to injure, i wanted to come with me. I'm calling Coawa, too
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Colin grimaced, "There's no simple or straightforward answer to that question, I'm afraid. Suffice to say I remember how to infiltrate and disable."

"Hum...interesting, well I will not put you in an awkward position by asking anything more about your knowledge on this topic, seeking as I am officially your enemy."
Tian said, he was clearly curious but he was to polite to press the issue.

He nodded, "Such a dilemma - it's knowledge of fera one won't have until immediately after it would have been useful."

"Well if it is any consolation with fera you seldom will have the time to use a metal weapon against them before you find yourself deprived of important limbs even if you guess the right weakness so it usually do not matter."
The young Nephandus said sarcastically.

"Are there traps other than what you have mentioned? What about what Abigail's preferred methods are, her magicakal aptitudes?"

"Not in the main Labyrinth no but there might be individual traps and wards in the living quarters."
Tian said.
"Abigail was Hermetic once I think, she use words and gestures, drawn sigils, high ritual and long incantations in Latin and Greek and what I think might be Coptic but I am not sure, at least I think it is Hermetic magick, I know Gabriel fell from the Order and his magick is similar to Abigail's. Now as for her aptitudes, she is a Master of the Art, I know she is good with...ehm...affecting anything not alive...I am sorry I am not that familiar with the ranks of the Traditions, that and affecting minds are her specialties, she likes to crush and rewrite them."

'It could be, could you write that on a secondary statement?"

"I can do that Sir."
Tian agreed.
"So first one statement with the first information Mr Colin asked for and then a second one about Larson's contacts?"
He asked for clarification.

"That does not sound pleasant to deal with..."

"I am Malfean, that is one of our factions in case you did not know, but anyway we are strong allies of the Black Spiral Dancers so well they have always been kind to me, everyone else though, not so much no."
Tian muttered.

Once Colin had satisfied all his questions and he could think of no others, he said,"Very well, when you are done writing this, please give it to your hostess in sealed envelopes if you can manage it. I would like to speak to her again, please."

"Very well I will get the statements done as soon as possible. Thank you both of you and the Chief as you called him as well. I wish you good luck though I hope you forgive that I hold out a hope that we never meet, not until this war is over, I do not wish to be captured and I do not wish to fight the two of you."
The Nephandus said before he handed the phone back to the Anarch leader and you hear Tyler's voice.
"Yes it is I again."
She informed you.
"Are you done talking with my guest?"

(OOC: No that might be frowned upon. Ah well then I am back, good food but off course they had nothing to drink that did not contain sugar, not even water so I was pretty darn thirsty when I got home. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:40 pm

Friday:

I'm more bodilly suited to phisical confrontation, and i got my good sword. I could go toe to toe with them. he hailed both the shapeshifters. And i can rip a soul out of a body, if needed. I'll be fine.

"Well I am not that unaccustomed to combat myself Tane, and I know how to handle a gun, but very well then I will let you walk me back, but you have to be careful yourself, the streets are not safe."
Henrietta said. Coawa frowned.
"Perhaps I or Alessa should go with you so you do not have to go back alone Tane, if anyone try to harm you I will eat them."
He declared and Lily looked skeptical.
"Ehm...actually eating them Sir?"
She asked and Coawa sigh.
"Well...no I mean what would meat eating clothes and all of that and shitting all of that fabric out again are no fun, but I will bite their heads of, that stop most things."
He said as if it was the most natural thing in the world Lily gave him a bit of an uncertain smile and inched away from him the straightforward nature of the Rokea was a bit of an acquired taste.

Saturday:

I might need your assistence. I think the technocrats might have gilguled some Nephandis and left sharpenned stakes of avatars around the places you can come and go from the umbra.

"Well now that is a dick move, and kind of to flashy for the Union's style but perhaps they want to keep the rest of us out of the Umbra, and is also quite...horrifying."
Henrietta said and sounded quite shocked.
"Are you sure it is just Fallen they have nabbed? That none from our side is missing?"

I'm heading out to collect this shards, and since i know you'd love a chance to smash techno-heads and you don't have an awakened avatar to injure, i wanted to come with me. I'm calling Coawa, too

"Well I never say no to taking down some bloody Crats."
The hedge wizard said and grinned.
"Well no I do not have an Awakened soul to harm, you do however are you sure you will be safe doing this Tane and also Coawa...I do not know if such shards will affect him but I know that the soul connection to Gaia, or I guess in his case the Sea or some other patron spirit, the soul connection that make him what he is sit exactly the same place as your Avatar sit in the soul, it is as if the fera are Awakened but share one huge Avatar instead of having a personal one, are you sure the shards will not harm him?"
Henrietta said sounding concerned.

(OOC: Tane's sword can harm spirits, but not Avatars as they are on a higher plane. Tane have 3 dots in Spirit so he can sense, see, hear and so on spirits, touch spirits, step into the Umbra, strengthen and weaken the Gaultlet, make spiritual items in the Umbra, and awaken the spirits of items, and well anything else that are around that level of things. Now Tane have the non cannon ability to manifest Avatars in smoke, that is a unique ability that I have allowed since it is a pretty cool idea but which is normally way past the abilities of someone at this level of knowledge and due to that I allowed him to try to get that shard out of Ebele, however Tane can not by his own power rip someone soul out, touch an Avatar...perhaps, harm one or rip it out no. Now he might think he can and your comment was just in character and that is fine but he can not do so of his own power, not yet. Just to let you know that so there are no misunderstandings.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Colin frowned when Adley suggested a second statement, then nodded and gave a simple thumb up.
At the head shake, he nodded and drew two fingers across his mouth.
He smiled darkly, "Rifles count as metal weapons. Ammunition is quite applicable."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:19 pm

He smiled darkly, "Rifles count as metal weapons. Ammunition is quite applicable."

"They question is Mr Colin how quickly can you aim and fire such a weapon?"
The young Nephandus said.
"Some fera move with terrifying speed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:34 pm

"Abigail was Hermetic once I think, she use words and gestures, drawn sigils, high ritual and long incantations in Latin and Greek and what I think might be Coptic but I am not sure, at least I think it is Hermetic magick, I know Gabriel fell from the Order and his magick is similar to Abigail's. Now as for her aptitudes, she is a Master of the Art, I know she is good with...ehm...affecting anything not alive...I am sorry I am not that familiar with the ranks of the Traditions, that and affecting minds are her specialties, she likes to crush and rewrite them."

"By 'not alive' do you mean matter or are you by chance including spirit as well?"He frowned, thinking of the D'Angelos, how she had come back 'drunk' one day. How they were both twins. And how that tampered potion had led Dupuis to become more aggressive than normal. Who knew if any of her contacts were affected?

Colin frowned when Adley suggested a second statement, then nodded and gave a simple thumb up. At the head shake, he nodded and drew two fingers across his mouth.

'It's the best we can do I think. Make sure to burn this note up, remind me to show you how to severe arcane connections,' he wrote back.

"So first one statement with the first information Mr Colin asked for and then a second one about Larson's contacts?" He asked for clarification

"That's correct."

"Very well I will get the statements done as soon as possible. Thank you both of you and the Chief as you called him as well. I wish you good luck though I hope you forgive that I hold out a hope that we never meet, not until this war is over, I do not wish to be captured and I do not wish to fight the two of you."

"Please leave them with your hostess."

"Yes it is I again." She informed you. "Are you done talking with my guest?"

"I believe so yes. I'm not sure how much of that you heard but assuming you got the gist of it, we now know a general timeframe, assuming he was telling the truth. We've asked him to leave a statement with you, I apologize for asking this of him without clearing it with you first, but it could aid us in the fight against the Nephandi. And, as he is a confirmed Nephandus...all of our factions will be on the lookout for him. One does not just quit the Nephandi faction because they want to, for reasons I cannot explain, it is more complicated." It was as best a warning as he could give her without giving her a warning. "We should talk about the situation Abigail and with that Elder vampire once you are not in earshot of him or others you do not wish to hear...as well as with your childer."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:04 pm

"By 'not alive' do you mean matter or are you by chance including spirit as well?"He frowned, thinking of the D'Angelos, how she had come back 'drunk' one day. How they were both twins. And how that tampered potion had led Dupuis to become more aggressive than normal. Who knew if any of her contacts were affected?

"Yes spirits as well, though Abigail always say that Larson is better with spirits than she is, and if we are going with who can handle spirits then this woman that your friend mentioned Miss Jerkins as well as someone named Cotta...well that is not her actual name, she was born in a Labyrinth to Nephandi parents so you can not pronounce her name I hope and the translation of it is somewhat...crude...anyway she is the one that really knows how to deal with spirits, she is even better than this aggressive war mage we have called Warden, but she is odd, she maintain the spiritual parts of the Labyrinth and that is about all she do."
Tian explained he spoke about these pe pole as someone might talk about slightly bothersome relatives, in a familiar and everyday way.

"That's correct."

"Good then I got it."

"Please leave them with your hostess."

"I will do so, now I am sure you do not want a Nephandus hovering nearby to hear your conversation with Miss Tyler so I will go and see if her...ghouls was it? Have any coffee."
Tian said and after he had handed over the phone you hear him walk away and then call out someone's name but it was to far from the phone for you to make it out clearly.

"I believe so yes. I'm not sure how much of that you heard but assuming you got the gist of it, we now know a general timeframe, assuming he was telling the truth.

"We have a general timeframe yes but it do not sound like we have much time, and yes the boy was telling the truth, I can tell, but then again you do not know me well enough to know if I am telling the truth either now do you mage?"
Tyler said and sigh.

We've asked him to leave a statement with you, I apologize for asking this of him without clearing it with you first, but it could aid us in the fight against the Nephandi. And, as he is a confirmed Nephandus...all of our factions will be on the lookout for him. One does not just quit the Nephandi faction because they want to, for reasons I cannot explain, it is more complicated." It was as best a warning as he could give her without giving her a warning.

"I will get the statements to you it is not a problem, give me the address to a PO box or somewhere to meet one of my men and I will take care of it."
Tyler said then she sigh.
"I understand the problem and also that having him here can be dangerous, I will move him soon."

"We should talk about the situation Abigail and with that Elder vampire once you are not in earshot of him or others you do not wish to hear...as well as with your childer."

"Yeah Tian is talking with the ghouls and should not be able to hear us, as for Amy, she is not mine, she is another stray I have picked up, the girl have a good heart but the intelligence of a hamster, no I sent her to do some work she will not be hearing us however...one moment."
Tyler clearly addressed the rest of the curious vampires that was gathered around her.
"What the fuck is this, story time? Damien you are one guard duty, take Neon with you, Big C what the hell are you doing yet go help Damien...Roger yes I know you are there out and that go for the rest of you idiots as well, out, out, out..."
Tyler shouted as she chased her men out of the room then she addressed you again.
"Then we can talk, the others have left, you have to excuse them, they are curious about you and the boy, most of them have never seen a mage before."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:22 pm

"Yes spirits as well, though Abigail always say that Larson is better with spirits than she is, and if we are going with who can handle spirits then this woman that your friend mentioned Miss Jerkins as well as someone named Cotta...but she is odd, she maintain the spiritual parts of the Labyrinth and that is about all she do."

"The vampire you talked about that found the area for the new Labyrinth, are they still with your current Labyrinth?" he asked, and then picked up the notebook to write to Colin again. 'Vampire I heard was at the other chantry? Could be useful to get info direct from the builder, if they can still do so.' If they had to go down there, if they couldn't draw her out, it would be better to have as much understanding as they could. It was a matter of time, of course. "Do you know the name of Abigail's 'boytoy' as you put it?"

"We have a general timeframe yes but it do not sound like we have much time, and yes the boy was telling the truth, I can tell, but then again you do not know me well enough to know if I am telling the truth either now do you mage?"Tyler said and sigh.

He raised an eyebrow. "If he told the truth, then time is short but we still have time to stop this."

"I will get the statements to you it is not a problem, give me the address to a PO box or somewhere to meet one of my men and I will take care of it." Tyler said then she sigh.

"Very well, thank you. Let me figure that out," he said.

"Then we can talk, the others have left, you have to excuse them, they are curious about you and the boy, most of them have never seen a mage before."

"Understandable. Alright, so first if you would like to tell me what to do with the childer, we will try to get that taken care of when we are off the line. The offer is thus: they may have the same deal as your other childer accepted, under the same conditions: they would be free to go if they wished, after our current crises were taken care of. Or, we can find a place as safe as we can for them until transportation arrangements can be made, but we will not be able to put guards to watch over them, unfortunately. Getting them out of the city and showing them where to stay would be the whole of the involvement. And then there is all that we learned about Abigail and her plan with the execution - we need to stop that, it will have long reaching implications if she succeeds and none of them very good for us. I think we have enough proof now; the Nephandi are going to turn that vampire into a source of...energy, with that ritual. And they are planning on using that energy to fuel another, even more cataclysmic ritual. The vampire you named before...Khalid was it? I do not suppose he might help us? I know you had mentioned you were going to speak to him...we need to figure out where the Elder is and how to get him out..."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:17 pm

"The vampire you talked about that found the area for the new Labyrinth, are they still with your current Labyrinth?"

"No I have never med her, I was just told that the current Labyrinth was made with the help of a vampire that then was taken captive, the Traditions took her or rescued her or something when they took down the old Labyrinth 70 years ago they say but then that is a long time before I was even born so I would not know for sure."
Tian said.

"Do you know the name of Abigail's 'boytoy' as you put it?"

"Ehm let me think...I believe it is Donald something...Dolanl Veidel but I might be getting that wrong, I have never met him only heard him mentioned, in either case there will not be much left of him, Abigail like to destroy the minds of the young men she choose to be her lovers until they are just vegetables for her to use and discard, then she finds herself a new one and start the whole process again."
Tian said and sigh.

He raised an eyebrow. "If he told the truth, then time is short but we still have time to stop this."

"Agreed and let us work together to accomplish that, I would like to have a world to live in next week as well thank you."
Tyler said sounding frustrated.
"So what do we do?"

"Very well, thank you. Let me figure that out," he said.

"As you wish let me know when you have decided."

"Understandable. Alright, so first if you would like to tell me what to do with the childer, we will try to get that taken care of when we are off the line. The offer is thus: they may have the same deal as your other childer accepted, under the same conditions: they would be free to go if they wished, after our current crises were taken care of. Or, we can find a place as safe as we can for them until transportation arrangements can be made, but we will not be able to put guards to watch over them, unfortunately.

"I see and under the same conditions ad Dennis would mean staked?"
Tyler asked and sounded rather displeased.
"Forgive me I know you are keeping him safe and that other mages might go after him if they know what he have done but he is like a son to me so the thought that he is in pain right now and scared is not an easy one, they should be asked individually what they prefer."
The old vampiress said and she did not sound like she liked the situation.

Getting them out of the city and showing them where to stay would be the whole of the involvement.

"Very well I understand and that is acceptable."

And then there is all that we learned about Abigail and her plan with the execution - we need to stop that, it will have long reaching implications if she succeeds and none of them very good for us. I think we have enough proof now; the Nephandi are going to turn that vampire into a source of...energy, with that ritual. And they are planning on using that energy to fuel another, even more cataclysmic ritual. The vampire you named before...Khalid was it? I do not suppose he might help us? I know you had mentioned you were going to speak to him...we need to figure out where the Elder is and how to get him out..."

And then there is all that we learned about Abigail and her plan with the execution - we need to stop that, it will have long reaching implications if she succeeds and none of them very good for us. I think we have enough proof now; the Nephandi are going to turn that vampire into a source of...energy, with that ritual. And they are planning on using that energy to fuel another, even more cataclysmic ritual. The vampire you named before...Khalid was it? I do not suppose he might help us? I know you had mentioned you were going to speak to him...we need to figure out where the Elder is and how to get him out..."

"Yes it do seam like this Abigail want the turn this Tremere captive into a duracell battery yes and you know that piss me off, I assume you would feel the same way if it was us doing something like that to one of your kind. Hum Khalid is one of the leaders in the city, he is part of a council of such that assist the Prince in running things, there are very few things he do not know, and yes I do believe he would help us, he is a good man. I spoke with him without mentioning to many details and his responses was encouraging. I however do not need the Nosferatu to find the Prince's holding cells I have been there a few times myself, I say we storm them and get this elder blood wizard out of there, deprive Abigail a sacrifice."
The vampiress said, she was a woman who preferred practical solutions to problems.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:19 am

Colin sighed, "A more important point, perhaps, is how likely it is to get the drop on those werebears from a distance. Rifles are a poor choice of weapon for melee."
He pondered for a moment, and went through the sequence of hand signs Morgan had shown him a few days - felt like weeks and months - ago. The incantation was simple enough, but the hand seals were the important thing, and that was not a tool Colin was trained in... but the flow could be followed; the effect could be mimiced by other means.
Colin repressed a smug grin - where the heck had that impulse come from? - and leaned forward, "This Warden, would she be the same one who was with your team to the post office? If so, that's a relief."
He grinned, "Hamsters can be clever. Sounds like you have quite the little herd there, though."
He frowned and scribbled back, "70 years is a long time, if that vampire has not been treated well. Might no longer be quite sane."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Do you think your allies could handle that prison break? It might be beneficial to time it so that the Fallen get word of it and send someone to check on that while we take a stab at the heart of darkness."

((OOC: Whoo, that mead turns out to have muscles on its muscles. And I probably should've had more to eat yedterday. Very Happy Lucky I don't get hangovers. ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:05 am

Colin sighed, "A more important point, perhaps, is how likely it is to get the drop on those werebears from a distance. Rifles are a poor choice of weapon for melee."

"You do have a point there Mr Colin that might work, well you could try silver but I do not know if that would work, or just enchant your ammunition that works usually."
Tian said sadly he did not like to discuss how to kill people he had lived with and was rather fond of.
"But if they get to close to you then you might have a problem."

Colin repressed a smug grin - where the heck had that impulse come from? - and leaned forward, "This Warden, would she be the same one who was with your team to the post office? If so, that's a relief."

"Yeah that would be her, nasty woman, really nasty."
Tian said and shuddered.
"I would stay clear of her if I where you."

He grinned, "Hamsters can be clever. Sounds like you have quite the little herd there, though."

"Ah yes quite, and the number of us that what a more modern rule than that of Princes grow every year."
Tyler said and she sounded rather fond of her little gang.
"Not all of them are here though, no this is mostly my collection of strays."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Do you think your allies could handle that prison break? It might be beneficial to time it so that the Fallen get word of it and send someone to check on that while we take a stab at the heart of darkness."

"Yes, like I told your friend I will not act against Elysium but these cells are not located at any of those, I can lead my boys and girls to attack it, however we will need support since the minute we do and words get back to the Prince he will see it as a uprising and then we are dead, we have no chance to stand against him if he really want us dead, he have men and resources I simply can not match."
Tyler said and sounded quite serious.

(OOC: I see those board games got interesting then Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:03 pm

He pondered for a moment, and went through the sequence of hand signs Morgan had shown him a few days - felt like weeks and months - ago. The incantation was simple enough, but the hand seals were the important thing, and that was not a tool Colin was trained in... but the flow could be followed; the effect could be mimiced by other means.

Adley watched Colin make a series of motions and was reminded of Susanna, showing him how to do it 'easier.' Seeing someone else try to mirror what came naturally to his pater as breathing was interesting, he found himself critiquing them against that versus his own maneuvering. But it looked like he had the right ones, at any rate. He gave a nod.

"No I have never med her, I was just told that the current Labyrinth was made with the help of a vampire that then was taken captive, the Traditions took her or rescued her or something when they took down the old Labyrinth 70 years ago they say but then that is a long time before I was even born so I would not know for sure."

"Very well then."

He frowned and scribbled back, "70 years is a long time, if that vampire has not been treated well. Might no longer be quite sane."

Adley gave Colin another nod, frowning.

"Ehm let me think...I believe it is Donald something...Dolanl Veidel but I might be getting that wrong, I have never met him only heard him mentioned, in either case there will not be much left of him, Abigail like to destroy the minds of the young men she choose to be her lovers until they are just vegetables for her to use and discard, then she finds herself a new one and start the whole process again."

"Hell..." he said, with a frown. He scrawled out to Colin again: 'We will need to make sure we have mental protections of some kind if we're dealing with Abigail or something she's had her personal hand in.'

"I see and under the same conditions ad Dennis would mean staked?" Tyler asked and sounded rather displeased. "Forgive me I know you are keeping him safe and that other mages might go after him if they know what he have done but he is like a son to me so the thought that he is in pain right now and scared is not an easy one, they should be asked individually what they prefer."

"Yes, held under the stake. Though provided with mental stimulation. I understand you would not want to put them in that situation, it is one option. There is another," he said, explaining the second. It seemed like she had figured out pretty quickly what Lenoe had done and why he was being kept staked. Well, it had not come from him. But she was an astute woman.

"Very well I understand and that is acceptable."

"Let me know which you, or they, choose so we can set that up. As you said we don't have too much time. I would like to secure that for you as best I can."

"Yes it do seam like this Abigail want the turn this Tremere captive into a duracell battery...I say we storm them and get this elder blood wizard out of there, deprive Abigail a sacrifice."

Adley nodded. "You said you knew where you thought he was being held. We should figure out the best way to extract him."

"Yes, like I told your friend I will not act against Elysium but these cells are not located at any of those, I can lead my boys and girls to attack it, however we will need support since the minute we do and words get back to the Prince he will see it as a uprising and then we are dead, we have no chance to stand against him if he really want us dead, he have men and resources I simply can not match."

"They're not located in there? Good, may I ask where? Now, as for what happens after...well, you have your own network but should I add you to the group that needs to make a strategic exit? Perhaps your Nosferatu sympathizer can give us something of a distraction, as well? Or is there too much concern over tipping them off?"

// no hangover? Now I'm jealous lol. Glad you're having fun ^_^
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:02 pm

"Hell..." he said, with a frown. He scrawled out to Colin again: 'We will need to make sure we have mental protections of some kind if we're dealing with Abigail or something she's had her personal hand in.'

"Yes I imagine hell is the right word for what Abigail do with the men she likes."
Tian muttered and he did not sound pleased about it.

"Yes, held under the stake. Though provided with mental stimulation. I understand you would not want to put them in that situation, it is one option.

"I understand Mr Roth Hicks, my childer are strong, they can handle such an...arrangement but no it is not what I wish for, then again being kept out of harms way until things calm down in the city might be the safest option for them."
Tyler said and sigh, she had not used your name when there where others of her gang and Tian around as she assumed you would not want her to but did use it now that she was alone.

There is another," he said, explaining the second. It seemed like she had figured out pretty quickly what Lenoe had done and why he was being kept staked. Well, it had not come from him. But she was an astute woman.

"Hum...so being helped out of the city. I will inform my offspring about this option as well and get back to you about it as soon as possible, there is a chance that at least my oldest son will want to stay and fight as well and while I do not want that, I can not deny him the right, he is Brujah."
Tyler said and it was clear for the tone of her voice that she was very proud of her Childer.

"Let me know which you, or they, choose so we can set that up. As you said we don't have too much time. I would like to secure that for you as best I can."

"I will talk with them once we are done talking here and send you a message with their preferences. Do you prefer that all three of them choose the same thing or is it acceptable if each of them make up their own minds?"

Adley nodded. "You said you knew where you thought he was being held. We should figure out the best way to extract him."

"The Prince have a pair of ghouls and use the basement of their home as holding cells for his prisoners, it is away from the main Elysiums so escaped prisoners can not gain any useful information and it is fairly secure. I am willing to help you storm this house and see if this old Tremere is there but probably the solution for my offspring should be set up first since when the Prince discovers this...there will be hell to pay."
Tyler said and even with all her pride there where a sliver of fear in the old vampire rebel's voice.

"They're not located in there? Good, may I ask where? Now, as for what happens after...well, you have your own network but should I add you to the group that needs to make a strategic exit? Perhaps your Nosferatu sympathizer can give us something of a distraction, as well? Or is there too much concern over tipping them off?"

"The villa that belong to the Prince's ghouls are located at ehm...ah yes John Hughes's Street 91, it is towards the outskirts of the city where the city core bleeds out into suburbia."
Tyler said as you hear her flip through the pages of a notebook to get the address right.
"Chances are this endeavor will cost me my life Mr Roth Hicks, I knew that when I agreed to work with you. However by custom in Anarch uprisings, as this will be seen as by Lodin, the Baron...or Anarch leader's childer often get executed and the Baron him or herself, but the rest of the Anarchs usually are left be or with minor punishments, it is a tradition to stop hostilities and avoid endangering our secrecy, however if I run and do not stand and face my own actions then the Prince can take it out on my boys without anyone giving him any flack for it."
The vampire said.
"But this situation with the Nephandi as you call them have to be dealt with and if it takes acting against the Prince to get it done then, I will face the aftermath as well."
She said bravely then she continued.
"I will ask Khalid, perhaps he can provide some sort of distraction yes, there are likely to, if there are prisoners in the villa's basement, to be three or four of the Prince's loyal vampires there as guards in addition to ghouls...then again they will not expect for my boys and your men to storm the place either."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:32 am

Colin nodded, "Tactically, surprise is always a good thing to control."
He smiled, "I've met Warden. She tried... Probably exactly what you would expect. Suffice to say, I am here, stronger than before, she is not."
He pondered briefly, then wrote back, "If you can call home about it, I would wager Master Steelhaven has already something prepared."
He arched an eyebrow, "Your childer sounds brave, alright, but... Brujah? Isn't that Spanish for Witch or something like that?"
He leaned forward, looking a little concerned, "While I am honoured you are prepared to make this sacrifice to aid our cause, I must ask whether there might be a subtler way to perform this jailbreak, so that perhaps the Prince might have less of an excuse to... Make an example?"
((OIC: Games were good and interesting, but not because of alcohol. Smile ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:47 pm

Colin nodded, "Tactically, surprise is always a good thing to control."

"Indeed."
Tian said over the phone.
"It can be most useful."

He smiled, "I've met Warden. She tried... Probably exactly what you would expect. Suffice to say, I am here, stronger than before, she is not."

"Oh shit!"
The young Nephandus exclaimed.
"Well I am glad you are not hurt Sir, so she is dead then well she will not be missed by many, but I would not tell Cotta that you killed her, that is the one who control the Labyrinth and talk to it, the pair of them, well even Nephandi have their needs."
Tian said.

He arched an eyebrow, "Your childer sounds brave, alright, but... Brujah? Isn't that Spanish for Witch or something like that?"

"Yes a female witch, I have no idea why the Clan is named that though I did not name it, but there have never been another name as far as I know."
Tyler said and she sounded like if she ha a wry grin on her face.
"I assume someone mistook us for witches at some point in time and the name stuck."

He leaned forward, looking a little concerned, "While I am honoured you are prepared to make this sacrifice to aid our cause, I must ask whether there might be a subtler way to perform this jailbreak, so that perhaps the Prince might have less of an excuse to... Make an example?"

"Your cause mage? No, now do not get me wrong I do not mean your kind any harm, but you can have your little wars all you want for all it bother me, have at it, but I care about this city and I am not going to stand by while some damned fatalistic mage go berserk and destroy the world. However I am in no great hurry to leave this life so if you have a more subtle idea in mind I am all ears."
The Anarch leader said, you do get the impression that she is a rather direct woman, and while she is smart she is still one to relay on action more than subtlety.

(OOC: I am glad you had fun, what did you play?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top