A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:42 am

Colin grimaced, "Yes, I do believe I shall pass on the elective brain surgery."
He swiftly stepped forward and snapped the cuffs around the girl's wrists, trying to stop her from finishing her spell, "I'm terribly sorry about all this... Yes, me. I'm afraid your partner did you a disservice when he healed you..."

((OOC: Dex+Melee seems appropriate for this one - 3,6,7,0. Hopefully enough to get her shut down in one go...))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:23 am

Adley:

Allassor nodded sagely when you said that being able to learn in a linear way was part of what you where.
"I see that do make sense."
The Umbrood said.

"So it can be good for you to learn and hurt by learning?"
Innamon asked.
"Human beings are indeed curious beings."
He declared.

"Very well, tapping of the temple it is then."
Tyler said, then that was setteled.

"I see, well putting all the eggs in one basket is often a good way to end up with no eggs."
The vampiress commented.
"I am not that eager to meet you in person either Mr Roth Hicks, not that I do not think you are a lovely person. Very well then, let me tell Karl when to go and then I will head out, the instructions are clear I should have all set up and ready in, oh ten minutes. Do that work for you?"

Colin:

Joe nodded.
"Good choice, it was not the most plesant of experience and always carry a high risk. Let us just say that my Mentor was not happy when I told him I wanted the percedure done. The surgeon was good though and there was no problems, even so well yes no elective brain surgery is a good choice."
He said and grinned.
"There are less severe ways to install a socket, but all of them require poking around the brain, at least to some extent."

You reach out and grab the young Nephandus, you see a flash of horrible blue light that seamed like it would burn way existence be born in her hands just as you slap the cuffs around her thin wrists, the girl might be a good spellcaster but she was a third of your weight she could not fight against you physically and her spell died as soon as it was created. The young Nephandus gave a cry of suprise and terror as she lost control of her magick.
"W...what happened?"
She muttered and struggeled in your grip.
"What did you do to me you asshole?"
She shouted, the girl sounded terrified, likely she had never been without her magick before and she looked at you with large, scared eyes as she struggeled against you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:23 am

Friday:
In the end, Dawn always comes. It's the wait that we fear. Tane assured.
Let me first make that fish. You should eat and then she can sleep and you can rest.

Saturday:
It's not tasty or funny to him, but i'm sure being gagged is not putting him at any risk and won't do much. He's getting interrogated so this is just unconfortable. Tane said getting up so that he could breathe but not letting him spit the socks out.
It's not hurting him in any way, it just prevents him from talking. Maybe he'll spit like my feet smell, but if he wants kindness and respect he should respect the others. I asked him kindly to shut the fuck up and he didn't, so i gagged him. Tht's simple.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:56 am

"So it can be good for you to learn and hurt by learning?" Innamon asked. "Human beings are indeed curious beings." He declared.

"It depends what one means by good...at any rate that is a conversation we can have when we do not have a set task to do, my friend. I would enjoy speaking more with you, though if you are inclined for such kinds of interaction."

"I am not that eager to meet you in person either Mr Roth Hicks, not that I do not think you are a lovely person. Very well then, let me tell Karl when to go and then I will head out, the instructions are clear I should have all set up and ready in, oh ten minutes. Do that work for you?"

"Very well. I'll need about that long to set it up also, can you tell me where the box is going to be first?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:59 am

Tane:

Friday:

Amadeus nodded.
"The dawn you say Mr Karyak...yes indeed the dawn always comes, the question though is what it's light finds once it do. Well I will have to try to be optimistic and Master Telar have high hopes for Bee's recovery."
He said then he added.
"Very well, feel free to use the kitchen as you please child, and if you are able to get Beatrice to eat some that will be great, so far only Mr Roth Hicks have been able to do so. I will sit with her until you are done and like I said I am thankful for your help, and for a meal."
The old Verbena said and smiles.

Saturday:

Henrietta looked at Tane and shook her head.
"That is not the point, it is not about whatever or not it will damage him, it is an unnecesary thing, we are not hurt by his prattle, gagging him serves no other purpose than to be vindictive and make the man more uncomfortable. It is about not kicking a man once he is down. Nobility Tane is not whatever or not you can hurt someone, but whatever or not you can do so and choose not to, and I prefer to stay noble. When this Nephandus gets interrogated, if no civilized method will work, chances are that the Chief will sanction to use of torture, I might not agree with that but at least it serves a purpose past he was saying things you did not like. Notice that I have not moved to heal his hand, that is because at the moment we have no way to control the guy's use of his own magick, but hopefully he is in to much pain to be able to do much, letting him suffer that is neccesary, but once we have some other means to control him, we will tend to his wounds. That is what I mean Tane, we should not make him more uncomfortable than we have to, we do what we must whatever it hurts him or not, but when we do not have to, we should try to be kind, because we are the good guys. And that means we are kind to a prisoner even if it is not returned, so take those socks out of his mouth and help me watch him for any signs of magick until help arrives."
The Hollow One said sternly.

Adley:

"We are not opposed to communication, we prefer tasks, but we can talk."
Allassor said and his brother chimed in again.
"You may call us to communicate carrier of the beacon within, and we will come."

"Hum...let me see."
Tyler said.
"What about at the parking lot between 33th and 5th, I can be there in about seven minutes or so."

(OOC: Can someone do me a favor and copy paste the reply to Tane and leave it in his thread so he get's notified that he have a reply, copying just a part of a post is hard on my phone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:47 am

"Hum...let me see." Tyler said. "What about at the parking lot between 33th and 5th, I can be there in about seven minutes or so."

"I'm sorry but I am a bit confused - or perhaps I am not being clear. I meant the address of the box you intend to use for the drop."

// I copied the post for you
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:21 am

Tyler replied.
"You said any box right, and I said there is a box under the seat of my bike, I said I could use that and ride a bit away from here, put the papers and the phone in and then sit on it until you collect it. I can use another box if you prefer, a post box or something but most post offices are not open at this time of night, so that means finding some other kind of box, and my bike with me on top of it are allot more secure than that. The reason for driving a few minutes was to not give you the exact adress to where I and my gang have our headquarters...so do you want me to find another box somewhere or use the storage compartment of my bike for conenience?"
She asked.

(OOC: Thank you so much. Also I think that Colin might enjoy a long discussion with Tane on prisoner treatment. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:36 am

"The comment about inadvertently teleporting your ass makes much more sense now," he said and gave a sudden bark of laughter. "I thought you were being metaphorical, saying you would sit on it. Well, that...still might work yes if the area is secluded and you put the phone into the box. You might have to get off the bike though," he explained. "I will confirm the idea and then give you a message back with adjustments if needed, does that sound good?"

// no probs!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:53 am

"Yeah I meant literary sitting on it."
Tyler said and she gave a small luagh.
"Yes I was thinking going to a secluded area and putting the phone in the compartment with the papers."
The vampiress said then she added.
"Very well, sounds like a plan, I will get Karl and Steve ready to go and avoid your confirmation about the papers."
She said then she sounded a bit amused.
"And I still want you to be careful not to teleport my ass."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Colin sighed as the girl's spell fizzled, "Right, cloak us and let's head back... Miss, I'm sorry - I'm afraid I may just have condemned you to a fate worse than death. Not that I had any alternatives, but nevertheless, it's regrettable. Your magic isn't gone, it's just blocked. For now..."
He held her in place with one hand and reached for his bag, "Now, there's a chance to avoid the worst - not a big one, but still - if you are willing to undo what the Caul did to your Avatar, we might be able to save it from... what will otherwise be done to it. In the meantime, would you like a blueberry muffin?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Devon:

Diego looks at you and grins.
"Aww do not go, I mean I prefer women but I will take what I can get, but you can use that pretty mouth of yours to do something else than talking."
He said and lugh.

You get out of the cell, the young black woman who was guarding one of the other doors sigh.
"You have been stuck with quite a character to guard Sir."
She said and smiles a little.
"Now a plesant man now is he?"

Devon offers his hand "Miles, Devon Miles..... And as for the he prisoner, Meh... he is desparate and afraid... he knows he does not have much time... and seeks to end it in another way, to disrupt the situation he is in, he is to be pitied not feared" He smiles at the young lady

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:09 pm

Colin:

Adjan nodded and begun to roll his dice again.
"I am on it, handle the girl."
He said as he made sign to Joe to start driving. The Virtual Adept cast a sorrowfull look at the young prisoner and sigh then he started the engines of the car again.

The young Nephandus looked at Colin in horror for a moment.
"Y...you are from the Traditions then?"
She asked as she started to heave for breath, to upset to draw air down properly and she was still wounded if not as seriously as before.
"I...it is true then...what they say that the Traditions to captured Eaters of the Weak?"
The child said and looked at you her eyes filling with tears.
"Please let me go, please..."
She whimpered.
"Undoe what the the Caul did? That is not possible but sure, whatever let me keep my magick but plese just let me go...please..."
She begged she was still struggeling against your grip and against the restraints that that it would help her much other than possibly bruise her.

Devon:

The young woman smiles to you and offer you her hand.
"Dion Blackwell bani Celestial Chorus, it is nice to meet you Mr Miles."
She said then she glanced at Diego's door.
"I don't know, there are Nephandi I pity, but him, the things he have been saying he have been doing to his own apprentice and every woman he have managed to get his hands on...I find it hard to grant him much pity then again his fate his grim, he is right to be afraid."
She said and shivered.
"I guess any sane person have to offer some compassion to anyone facing...that..."
Dion muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Devon:

The young woman smiles to you and offer you her hand.
"Dion Blackwell bani Celestial Chorus, it is nice to meet you Mr Miles."
She said then she glanced at Diego's door.
"I don't know, there are Nephandi I pity, but him, the things he have been saying he have been doing to his own apprentice and every woman he have managed to get his hands on...I find it hard to grant him much pity then again his fate his grim, he is right to be afraid."
She said and shivered.
"I guess any sane person have to offer some compassion to anyone facing...that..."
Dion muttered.[/quote]

"Oh i see, i do not know his history, only what i saw...but for what he does.... either he is evil to the core.. .or something triggered it...but psychology is not my field, tho if we can stop hm hurting others... then that may be the best route" Devon states

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:47 pm

Colin nodded, "We are indeed from the Traditions... And yes, it is true. Though, it's not like you don't do the same - your own Lucy Warden, for example, tried to do it to me. It didn't in any manner work as intended, and she died for trying, but the Nephandi still use the same deplorable technique."
He gave her a sincerely sad smile, "We are Mages, child... what do we care about what is or is not possible? I believe Avatar Restoration can be done, regardless of whether it's possible or not. Now, please relax; I rather did promise Tian to be as merciful as possible with you - it... would have been easier for everyone had you died at the apartments. But it seems luck is a fickle mistress as such - perhaps you get to save your Avatar in this life instead of passing it on to a widderslainte later, or having it... flayed."
He set the muffins down again and wrestled the seatbelt into place around the girl, "I expect your companion has run home to Abigail, and I equally suspect Abigail is even now locating some blood samples from you to try to extricate you or silence you... and that would likely not be pleasant. Now, please, sit back and calm down; your breathing sounds strained as it is..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Friday:
Put on some soft music. Music helps to still the soul. he said with a nod and went on to prepare a good meal for them, since he had been fine and they'd need energy to face these challenges.

Saturday:
I don't care what he says, i care fo the noise he was making, talking out loud. We don't need someone to hear us. Tane said simply. And we should wait doing little noise, too
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:25 pm

Devon:

Dion sigh.
"Evil, such a simple word Mr Miles, we humans do allot of things we consider right that might with other eyes be determined evil, in many ways it is a useless term, but that this man do harm and would continue to do so if we let him that is a given."
She said before she contued.
"Diego are Fallen Mr Miles, I do not know how much of his destructive behavior came from before his Fall, but it definitivly did not make it better. You see what makes someone a Nephandus is that they go into what they call a Caul, a monsterous being that twist and rip apart their mind, body, soul and Avatar and put them back together again...wrong. The Nephanus want to end reality, that is what they work for, now some of them are more cruel than others, but all of them want this reality to end so I am afraid that our prisoner here's conduct is just a lesser part of his evil to use your words."
The Chorister said and wrinkeled her nose in disgust.

Colin:

The little girl might be a Nephandus, she might be a warrior in the Asencion War, but she was also 12 years old and in getting a message that would make most adult mages crumble to their knees in terror...she started bawling.
"Please...no..."
She managed to get out as she sobbed.
"Do not do this to me...please..."
She sobbed hysterically.
"I know...we use it to we do...and Lucy is a bitch...but I have not done that to anyone...I just want reality to be destroyed, please I do not want to loose my magick."
The girl struggeled to speak between her sobs and her panic clearly was not good for her as she started to struggle for breath as well, the gunshot wound still bothered her even if it was no longer fatal and color drained from her cheeks.
"Please..."
She repeated.
"Please..."

"I want my Mentor!"
The girl cried hysterically as you got the seatbelt on her.
"He will save me...he have to...he have to."
She begged.
"Please...fine I will try this restoration shit you are talking about, anything just do not hurt...my Avatar..."
She tried to get her hands out of the cuffs again, bruising her wrists as it seamed she was to panicked to register that it hurt.

Joe's hands shivvered on the steering wheel as he glanced back at the crying, terrified child.
"I am not sure I can...do this..."
He whispered.
"She is just a little girl...I know she is a Nephandus but...she is also a child and she is afraid and I...am just not sure I can do this."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Friday:

"Hum...perhaps that is a good idea, I think Bee have some CD's in her shelf somewhere."
Amadeus said as he went to one of the book sheles in the bedroom to check and found a CD with some classical music and put it on.

Beatrice's kitchen was well stocked with tools and spices so making a decent meal is not hard, it was also kept in good condition though some of the plates from last night's dinner was still there in the sink a reminder of when things had been better.

Saturday:

"Hum...well that makes far more sense."
Henrietta said and nodded.
"Very well, let us just wait for someone to pick us up."

After a few more minutes of waiting a gray car pulled up, Coawa tensed but Henrietta smiles.
"Do not worry it is Arn Woodhouse's car, he is the apprentice of Master Haagen."
She anounced as the car stopped and a tall, thin man of around twenty years of age stepped out.
"You guys needed a ride back to Steelhaven?"
He said then he looked at the dead body and the prisoner and frowned.
"After some cleanup?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:47 pm

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]Devon:

Dion sigh.
"Evil, such a simple word Mr Miles, we humans do allot of things we consider right that might with other eyes be determined evil, in many ways it is a useless term, but that this man do harm and would continue to do so if we let him that is a given."
She said before she contued.
"Diego are Fallen Mr Miles, I do not know how much of his destructive behavior came from before his Fall, but it definitivly did not make it better. You see what makes someone a Nephandus is that they go into what they call a Caul, a monsterous being that twist and rip apart their mind, body, soul and Avatar and put them back together again...wrong. The Nephanus want to end reality, that is what they work for, now some of them are more cruel than others, but all of them want this reality to end so I am afraid that our prisoner here's conduct is just a lesser part of his evil to use your words."
The Chorister said and wrinkeled her nose in disgust.

"i am sorry if i am speaking out of ignorance, but to me if you harm others.. especially for your own amusement , to me that is evil.... evil exists when no-one takes a stand.... redemption may be possible but it depends how far the soul has slipped . i think" Devon falls silent with an odd expression on his face... " Not that i am defending him, you understand"

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:02 pm

Colin sighed and shook his head, "And the world-destroying thing is the reason we have to take you in, poor dear... I never said you personally had done that. Neither have I, nor the others in the car here. It's a terrible thing, but with a little luck, we might yet avoid that fate."
He frowned and held the girls hands in his own, gently but firmly, to keep her from harming herself, "I'm afraid Gabriel is dead; he was at the post office... My condolences; I know he was kind to you. I will do what I can to advocate for you - reverting your Avatar to its original state will take time, though; lots of time and work... but it can save it. It might be your only chance to save it, so please, calm down and breathe slowly..."
He sighed and glanced back at Joe, "You can do it... You are likely going to be feeling like shit for some time afterwards, but you can do it... Right now, by bringing her in, we have a shot at sparing her torture and worse, but we have to play it by the book. Which means bring her in alive."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:03 pm

"Yes I was thinking going to a secluded area and putting the phone in the compartment with the papers." The vampiress said then she added. "Very well, sounds like a plan, I will get Karl and Steve ready to go and avoid your confirmation about the papers." She said then she sounded a bit amused. "And I still want you to be careful not to teleport my ass."

"Noted," he said, sounding amused as well. "Very well; it will take me about as long to set that up as you to get there, just about. I'll also need the phone number of the phone you're planning to use, please. And then once it's done I'll tell you about where to send your grandchilder and his associate and they can be on their way."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:08 pm

Devon:

Dion smiles a little.
"Ah do not apologize Mr Miles I am just getting a bit to philosophical on you. But following that same line, many of us have done harm to others, members of the Union for example for our own purposes, do that make us evil? From our perspective no, we are just and protecing ourselves, for their perspective undoubably yes."

"I think that redemption might be possible, but for someone who have been inverted by the Cauls, I am not so sure, we call thier magick Qlipothic, and that word comes from Herbrew and the Kaballah mystery Tradition and there it means shards from former worlds, things that are wrong and should not be, they are wrong Mr Miles and they should not be, but I guess that even so there is a small sliver of hope in everyone."

Colin:

The young Nephandus looks at you with her tear filled eyes.
"Y...you really think I will be shown mercy and that you can keep my Avatar from being hurt?"
She asked then she started sobbing again.
"I do not want...to loose my magick...please..."
She whimpered.
"Just let me go...I can not destroy the world alone, and it is a shitty world anyway, why do you want it so much?"
She asked as if it was perfectly normal to want to destroy the world, then again, among her friends, it was.

The young prisoner's eyes widened when you tell her that her Mentor is dead and her small hands shake as you hold them.
"No...no...my Mentor is strong...he can not be dead..."
She muttered.
"He will come for me...he have to..."
She said and she started sobbing desperatly again.
"You lie...he is not dead."
The girl gasped for breath and whimpered, it was likely her lungs where damaged and while on the mend this bawling and panic was not good for her.
"H...he...my Mentor is kind to me..."
She gasped.
"Y...you will advocate for me...I will do it if it means keeping my Avatar alive."
It was pretty clear though she had no desire to cleanse her Avatar, but nor did she think it would change her much so she had no problems agreeing to it to give her soul a chance.

Joe sigh and shook his head.
"But she is a kid...just a crying kid, we can not bring her in to something like that, how much of a chance do you really think she have?"
He asked and glanced at the girl again.
"Poor kid...is there nothing we can do?"

Adley:

"That works for me. As for a phone number, one moment let me just start up a burner here...hum...yeah this will do..."
You hear Tyler rummage around a cabinet or something then she tells you a phone number.
"I should head off then, give me a call when you are ready."
She said.
"And I will tell Karl and Steve to stand by so they can go as soon as we get the location."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:54 pm

Adley took the number down on a scrap of paper. "Very well, travel safely," he said before he ended the call. He reached out and snuffed the candle out and put it away. It was turning out to be very useful, indeed. He exited the room again as he had several times before and headed up to the computer room, figuring if Mr Harris was going to help he was going to need his equipment handy.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:18 pm

"Thank you, stay safe as well."
Tyler said to you before you hung up on the phone.

You come up to the computer room, you see no one else around, it appear that most of the Chantry members had retired to their own rooms by now. You find Hans hard at work on one of the computers, the Virtual Adept turns as he hear you enter the room.
"Ah Mr Roth Hicks...come in."
He said and turned to face you on his chair so he could hear what you had to say.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:44 pm

"Master Harris," he said, nodding respectfully to him and then coming in to shut the door. He glanced at the computers speculatively, wondering what computer spirits seem to appear like to a magus. He looked back to the man and said, "My contact has the papers that I would like transported, if you would assist with that, sir? Perhaps having them brought here first is best as I have more things I want to send home, but whatever works best for you. At any rate, they are going to take a burner phone and put it all in their motorbike trunk and drive to a secluded parking lot area. Is that sufficient to check out for security and paradox prevention or should I tell them to make an adjustment?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:28 pm

"So your contact is ready with the papers? Good, a motorbike trunk works, it should work just fine just give me the phone number and the time and I will take care of the rest."
Hans said and nodded.
"It is best if the bike is in a seculded area, but as the magick will happen out of sight anyway it should not be to bad Paradox wise, it is easier for me to teleport the papers here than to send them to Steelhaven a place where I have not been though."
He added.
"What if you give your ok to your contact, I retrive the papers and then you can come here to collect them?"
He offered. As you looked at the computers, as you had just spoken with spirits and where attuned to them, you could feel the machines, or rather something inside of the machines regarding you with curiosity.
"Anything else Mr Roth Hicks?"
Hans asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top