A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:30 am

"Some of that is definitely due to the temporal effects, I think," he said, blinking and then rubbing a hand across his eyes. "But yes, there are similarities and differences with regards to the uses of the circles between our groups of course...

"Yes the temporal elements where rather...unusual."
He said and glanced at Loretta.
"But it is a most practical skill Miss DeMeera have here off course."
He added then he nodded to what you said about circles.

speaking of that I did experience some different things myself that I never have before. I don't have time to reflect on it properly right now, though unfortunately. But yes, I think it worked pretty well, considering."

"Ah yes time, it seams to always be to little of it lately a bit ironic perhaps considering what we have just been doing."
The Euthanatos said and nodded.
"But yes there are many more things to accomplish tonight so we should get to them, there will be time enough later, if we survive, to reflect on this ritual and anything else."

"Thank you very much for your assistance, it was invaluable. Both of you, than you." He then pinned the bead on the other sleeve, going the other direction, made a mental note of which was which.

Adjan just nodded. Loretta gave you a smile.
"Oh it was my pleasure...well I should probably go and tell Maria that we are done in here."
She said and headed for the door.
"Unless there where anything else that you needed Mr Roth Hicks?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:50 am

Colin nodded, "Well, I would want to go back again after saving myself - otherwise, I would have a rather inconvenient paradox on my hands, I think, if I weren't around to be called to the action from which I'd rescue myself... But yes, it's a loophole that seems exploitable, if the segments of the future line up... We'll see over the next few months..."
He smiled, "Just remember that you are a Mage... Prepare the battlefield in advance, face him with empty hands and smile. That might unsettle him a bit."
He pondered, "That, of course, assumes there have been no shenanigans at that Node already... Here's hoping."

((OOC: Yeah, well, I never read the books in their original language, either - they're Swedish. While I *could* probably work my way through them, there are enough differences that I'd have a far more staccato experience of it. The Norwegian translation is solid work, though. Much like Astrid Lindgren, actually; she did state that her favorite version of Pippi Longstockings was the Norwegian translation, over her own Swedish. Smile ))
((OOC2: Yeah, best not test the hypothesis, though; at least, not until the current scrapes and scabs are healed. Besides, I'd be kind of scared to see what one might become at Avatar 10. Perhaps something like Leto II Atreides? Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:51 am

Colin nodded, "Well, I would want to go back again after saving myself - otherwise, I would have a rather inconvenient paradox on my hands, I think, if I weren't around to be called to the action from which I'd rescue myself... But yes, it's a loophole that seems exploitable, if the segments of the future line up... We'll see over the next few months..."

"Just remember that time is not set in stone, a future vision is an indication but as long as you know about a future event, you can change it, if we did not have free will there would be no magick."
Joakim said then he nodded.
"Well it might be easier to get the help of someone else to save your future self rather that going to the future to do it."

He smiled, "Just remember that you are a Mage... Prepare the battlefield in advance, face him with empty hands and smile. That might unsettle him a bit."

Joakim just gave a grin at that.
"Well yes it might, but just like I am a mage, in many ways he is to, he is a linear sorcerer just like me, he just happen to use blood and not mana and vis, and he also happen to be more durable then me...but one day I will have the power to defeat him...one day."

He pondered, "That, of course, assumes there have been no shenanigans at that Node already... Here's hoping."

"Indeed let us hope so."
Joakim said and smiled though he also looked a bit worried.

(OOC: I have read allot of Swedish and Danish books you sort of had to if you wanted New Age and Pagan literature before I got the option to order books online, but I prefer Norwegian or English for reading a novel.)

(OOC 2: Sandwormatar. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:14 am

Colin nodded, "True, true - and in any case, hopping back and forth in time to save my own hide is probably going to prove a lot more difficult than, say, summoning a prepared escape pod around me and teleporting out. As far as changing the chain of events, though... I think that specific vision is one case where I cannot prevent the attack from happening - that would require manipulating the Nephandi into inaction, after all; hardly something I have the ability to do... The best I can do in this case is to ensure Horizon stands the best possible chance to repel the invaders, by helping Admiral Hastings build a powerful fleet. It's a matter of assessing which parts of the vision are, in fact, within my grasp to change."
He smirked, "Well, I suppose a swimming pool filled with holy water at high noon would stack the odds in your favour..."

((OOC: Advancing from a Mage with a powerful Avatar to an Avatar with an attached Mage hanging on for bare life... Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:51 am

Colin nodded, "True, true - and in any case, hopping back and forth in time to save my own hide is probably going to prove a lot more difficult than, say, summoning a prepared escape pod around me and teleporting out.

"Yes that probably would be easier or get someone down on Horizon to stand ready to teleport you out on your signal, or on one of the ships."
Joakim suggested.

As far as changing the chain of events, though... I think that specific vision is one case where I cannot prevent the attack from happening - that would require manipulating the Nephandi into inaction, after all; hardly something I have the ability to do... The best I can do in this case is to ensure Horizon stands the best possible chance to repel the invaders, by helping Admiral Hastings build a powerful fleet. It's a matter of assessing which parts of the vision are, in fact, within my grasp to change."

"I agree stopping the Nephandi from launching the attack might be hard, they do as they please unfortunately so all you are left with is trying to repel the invasion. Hum...yes working with the Admiral in this might be the best bet at making sure our shining city survives."
The old hedge wizard said and nodded in agreement.

He smirked, "Well, I suppose a swimming pool filled with holy water at high noon would stack the odds in your favour..."

"Ah yes off course but I very much doubt that Etrius would meet me at high noon, when he should be sleeping literary like the dead, by a swimming pool of holy water."
Joakim said and grinned.
"Though if he did yes that would be practical."

(OOC: Hehehe Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:11 pm

Colin nodded, "Freddy would likely be a solid candidate for helping with that, actually..."
He smiled thinly, "Believe me, if I could concieve of a way to prevent the attack entirely, that would by far be preferable - but even assuming the attack is not a fixed point in time, it's rather easy to see that I have presumably no way whatsoever to prevent the enemy's planning and execution... and I can have a hell of a lot of influence on Horizon's response."
He frowned, "So many weak points in the future timeline I've seen, all hinging on a few people..."
He pondered, "There's always high noon somewhere... Have you considered the possibility of borrowing some sunlight from the other side of the planet?"

((OOC: You know, let us just assume, for the record, that Colin is not going to start hunting Avatar fragments at any point while his sanity remains intact or approximately so. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:21 pm

Colin nodded, "Freddy would likely be a solid candidate for helping with that, actually..."

"I agree given the young Miss Adlebloom's Tradition, she is likely to get powerful in the relevant parts of reality, though if she will do so in time is another story, twenty years are not that long to reach the understanding needed to pluck you safely out of an exploding Nephandi Battle cruiser you know."
Joakim said and nodded.

He smiled thinly, "Believe me, if I could concieve of a way to prevent the attack entirely, that would by far be preferable - but even assuming the attack is not a fixed point in time, it's rather easy to see that I have presumably no way whatsoever to prevent the enemy's planning and execution... and I can have a hell of a lot of influence on Horizon's response."

"Very true."
Joakim said and nodded.
"You can not influence the actions of our enemies but you can influence what to do about our response to those actions so all you really can do now then is to work to achieve a favorable outcome."

He frowned, "So many weak points in the future timeline I've seen, all hinging on a few people..."

The Security Chief sigh and nodded.

He pondered, "There's always high noon somewhere... Have you considered the possibility of borrowing some sunlight from the other side of the planet?"

"Indeed I have and I tried, unfortunately my old friend was on me before I could finish the spell, but yes something could possibly be set up, a trap of sort using a Hermes Portal..."
He said and seamed rather thoughtful.
"A trap would eliminate the problem of how long such a spell would take for me to cast...it is not a bad idea Mr Wainwright, not a bad idea at all."

(OOC: Well te question is then how long Colin will get to keep his sanity.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:26 pm

"Oh it was my pleasure...well I should probably go and tell Maria that we are done in here." She said and headed for the door. "Unless there where anything else that you needed Mr Roth Hicks?"

"No, thank you Mrs DeMeera. Please give my regards to your student for me, as well." He gave her a small bow of his head.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:34 pm

"I will do so Mr Roth Hicks."
Loretta said and gave you and Adjan another measured smile and a nod of her head before she headed out the door.
"Good evening gentlemen."
She said. Adjan to gave the Cultist a small bow.
"Yes good evening to you as well Miss DeMeera."
He said before Loretta went out into the hallway to inform Maria that the ritual work was completed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:43 pm

He turned to Adjan and said, "That was an interesting experience," he said in a musing tone after the woman left. "Let me see here, what is next to do...I need to make a call and then we might be about ready. Let me get back to the others and see if we need your help still, does that sound alright?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:59 pm

Your Euthanatos friend seamed to agree he nodded.
"Interesting indeed, working together with two magi of different Traditions and Paradigm...hum it was complicated but quite rewarding."
He said.

"That sound alright. Do you need me to do anything while you check if you need me for the retrieval mission? For if not I will just check that Fran and Miss Bergen is ok and you can sent me a message if you need me and I will be right down."
Adjan asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:00 pm

Colin nodded, "I would have to fashion a beacon for myself... but she would quite likely be very capable in designing the... signal, for want of a better term."
He smiled, "Glad to at least be of a little help in that regard. Now, let me see... I think Adley wanted a word with the good Deaconess before we head out, so I think perhaps I should join them once his preparations are finished."

((OOC: Well, I can think of at least three Flambeau, probably a Guernicus or two, and likely several other people who would be willing to question whether Colin's sane even now... Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:14 pm

Colin nodded, "I would have to fashion a beacon for myself... but she would quite likely be very capable in designing the... signal, for want of a better term."

"I am sure she will, you are going to have to take that up with her."
Joakim said.

He smiled, "Glad to at least be of a little help in that regard. Now, let me see...

"Well that you for the good idea Mr Wainwright I am going to have to mull that one over for a bit."

I think Adley wanted a word with the good Deaconess before we head out, so I think perhaps I should join them once his preparations are finished."

"Yes that might be prudent yes to go and see what you Cabalmate might need before you head out, time is after all of the essence."
The Security Chief agreed.

(OOC: Oh I am pretty sure they are not questioning whatever or not Colin is sane. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:51 pm

"That sound alright. Do you need me to do anything while you check if you need me for the retrieval mission? For if not I will just check that Fran and Miss Bergen is ok and you can sent me a message if you need me and I will be right down." Adjan asked.

"Hmm, well if you have any ideas on what we're going to need to do this thing," he said, looking thoughtful himself about what they'd need to get into the sewer, get Carmon, and get out without harm. "Maybe something to protect against contaminants. Gloves, maybe waders like fishing gear," he speculated. "Colin might have already thought of that though, maybe touch base with him first as he's been working on things while we've been busy. If you wouldn't mind of course," he added.

// Yeah, I think Adley questioned it when he implied having the Technocrats strike the Post Office lol...'Are you out of your Vulcan Orphan mind?!'
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:00 pm

"Hmm, well if you have any ideas on what we're going to need to do this thing," he said, looking thoughtful himself about what they'd need to get into the sewer, get Carmon, and get out without harm.

"It depends if the plan still is to try to teleport the vampire out of there then we need weapons to defend ourselves, tools to open the manhole lid, I can take care of getting that, and we need a car, it also depend on where the vampire is teleported as to what size of car we need, if he is brought straight here to Morningstar then that is one thing but if he is just ported to our grasp then we need a car big enough to transport him as well."
Adjan said and nodded.

"Maybe something to protect against contaminants. Gloves, maybe waders like fishing gear," he speculated. "Colin might have already thought of that though, maybe touch base with him first as he's been working on things while we've been busy. If you wouldn't mind of course," he added.

"Not at all speaking with Colin and see what his thoughts on the matter is are a good idea. Waders if we can find some easily, I doubt any stores that sell them are open at the moment, could be a good idea, and gloves definitively, that should be easier to get."
He said and nodded.

(OOC: Just a heads up I will be a bit busy Sunday and Monday. I am going to GM Mage for one of my groups tomorrow and on Monday I am going to a class on sewing clothing. I thought that might be fun to learn. I will get posts in when I can.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Colin nodded, "Well, I'll be seeing you in a bit, then - and see if I can swing by Master Harris with any rare stones Mrs. Knox might provide as teleportation anchors. Let's see if the Deaconess wishes a chaperone to see Adley... The man can get a bit loud, after all, through no fault of his own."
He smiled and left Joakim's office, and stuck his head into the dining hall, looking for Daisy.

((OOC: Yeah, they've probably already made up their minds. Once, Colin might have made fine Tremere. Now, Malkavian might seem more likely. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:56 pm

Colin nodded, "Well, I'll be seeing you in a bit, then - and see if I can swing by Master Harris with any rare stones Mrs. Knox might provide as teleportation anchors.

"Very well thank you Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said and nodded.

et's see if the Deaconess wishes a chaperone to see Adley... The man can get a bit loud, after all, through no fault of his own."

"Ah yes his sigil...that is what it was once called, both the particular Resonance of a mage and his or her little peculiarities in connection with their magick. Yes perhaps the Deaconess would prefer someone she know close by when meeting someone new."
Joakim agreed.

He smiled and left Joakim's office, and stuck his head into the dining hall, looking for Daisy.

You find the three mages from Flamingo in the dining hall, far into a corner by a table, though there where no one else in the large room at the moment. Daisy was standing she was not trusting that the small aluminum legged chairs would hold her weight, her two companions where sitting though and drinking tea or coffee. Daisy nods to you when she sees you and the two others give you shy smiles.
"Hello Mr Wainwright."
Deaconess Darnell said.

(OOC: Colin would make for a scary Malkavian though let us hope for his sake that do not happen.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:34 pm

He was your contact. A feasible one is a difficult asset in these troubled times and i'm sure there's still no reason to want him dead, so i'm sorry. he said You belive your sister might be tracking you down and maybe attacking anyone that might lead you to her?

Where have they found him?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:35 pm

Colin gave the three Flamingo Mages a slightly tired smile, "Hello again, Anat, Mr. Bryne. Madame Darnell, I've taken care of the other matters needing my attention. Would you like a chaperone to actually sit down and be formally introduced to my Cabalmate? I should warn you, his voice is... well, slightly lacking in the indoors adjustment department."

((OOC: Agreed. Vampirism should be kept not only off the table, but in another room. A locked room. In another building. In an entirely different part of town.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:23 am

"It depends if the plan still is to try to teleport the vampire out of there then we need weapons to defend ourselves, tools to open the manhole lid, I can take care of getting that, and we need a car, it also depend on where the vampire is teleported as to what size of car we need, if he is brought straight here to Morningstar then that is one thing but if he is just ported to our grasp then we need a car big enough to transport him as well."

"Ah, yes manhole tool...I did not think of that." Of course, he hazarded that the Deaconess could provide help in a pinch, if she was as strong as a HITmark but it would help to have something to grab the lid.

"Not at all speaking with Colin and see what his thoughts on the matter is are a good idea. Waders if we can find some easily, I doubt any stores that sell them are open at the moment, could be a good idea, and gloves definitively, that should be easier to get."

"If not, I will take something that will help prevent us from trench leg, even if it's just Saran wrap and tape," he said with a look of disgust. "Wonderful, please ask him about the car as well. I'll walk you back to the room so I can use the bathroom, it didn't wake them last time I was in there."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:43 am

Colin:

"I would like that Mr Wainwright."
Daisy said and nodded.
"Your Cabalmate's voice is not a problem, but it can be hard at times to be introduced to other mages, I never know how they will react to me, and the same go for my Chantrymates, we have some unfortunate experiences behind us."
She said and the other two mages looked down and nodded.
"I am sure your friend is a good man though Mr Wainwright but yes, I will accept your kind offer to chaperone the introductions, thank you."
The Cyborg continued.

Adley:

"Ah, yes manhole tool...I did not think of that." Of course, he hazarded that the Deaconess could provide help in a pinch, if she was as strong as a HITmark but it would help to have something to grab the lid.

"Yes...I suspect a crowbar will do the job, it should be able to grab the lid just fine, but I will have a look around and see what tools I can find."
Adjan said and nodded.

"If not, I will take something that will help prevent us from trench leg, even if it's just Saran wrap and tape," he said with a look of disgust.

"That will do in a pinch but are easy to tear a hole in so let me see if anyone have any booths we can buy or borrow."
The Euthanatos said and frowned.

"Wonderful, please ask him about the car as well. I'll walk you back to the room so I can use the bathroom, it didn't wake them last time I was in there."

"Very well, you where thinking I would go and speak with Colin, ask about a car and see what tools I can find while you take care of some more business then?"
Adjan asked as he walked with you to the small sitting room. Once there he opens the door and you see Francesca is awake and sit sipping a cup of coffee while little Liv was still sleeping peacefully. Francesca gave you both a smile.
"Hi..."
She whispered not to wake the little girl.

Tane:

"Well no I did not want him dead, what I mean is that I am not grieving him either, I did not know him well enough for that. I do think it is a shame that he is dead though."
Alessa said and nodded.
"Yes that is exactly what I am thinking, and I can hardly fault her for that I am tracking her down to kill her as well, but yes I think she or one of her lackeys are behind the Ratkin's murder."
The Ananasi said then she added.
"As for where he was found, right outside his home, if you could call it that, in a trailer park right on the outskirts of Boston."
There was disgust in the woman's voice as she spoke of where her contact lived, Alessa could be a tad bit snobbish at times.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:47 am

Colin nodded and extended his arm again, "I would trust him with my Avatar. Shall we, then?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:14 pm

"Now that is quite a statement, I am not sure there is any I would trust with my soul Mr Wainwright, my life certainly, I would trust most of the members of the Chantry with that, but my Avatar no..."
Daisy said and took your arm very gently not to bruise you.
"I will be back soon."
She told to her two companions.
"Lead the way Mr Wainwright."
She said then she asked.
"I assume Mr Bryne and Anat will not be needed for the task for which you asked my aid?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, "It is quite a statement. He helped save it once already, quite directly; he earned that trust in the most exacting way one could imagine..."
He bowed slightly to the others, "Until later, then."
He smiled at Daisy, "The task for which I originally petitioned you? Oh, for that, I think we can use every willing hand we can get - their skills might be highly welcome for that. But one thing at a time - first we save a vampire, then we bring doom to the Fallen..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:39 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, "It is quite a statement. He helped save it once already, quite directly; he earned that trust in the most exacting way one could imagine..."

"Such a friendship is a rare and precious thing."
Daisy said and nodded.
"Very few learn to trust another to such a degree, I am happy you have such a friend at your side Mr Wainwright."

He bowed slightly to the others, "Until later, then."

"Until later Mr Wainwright."
Bryne said and inclined his head. Anat gave you a friendly but still shy and guarded smile.
"Yes until later."
They greeted as well.

He smiled at Daisy, "The task for which I originally petitioned you? Oh, for that, I think we can use every willing hand we can get - their skills might be highly welcome for that. But one thing at a time - first we save a vampire, then we bring doom to the Fallen..."

"It was the rescue mission I was thinking about Mr Wainwright, Anat and Rodger is here to help out with taking the Labyrinth, I meant if they where needed to go and rescue this vampire the Fallen have in their captivity."
She said as she walked beside you.
"Good then...I would not want them in more danger than need be."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top