A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Warpmind on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Colin smiled, "I'm an old soldier, Milady... Are you perhaps familiar with the origins of the phrase 'blood is thicker than water'?"
He nodded and smiled wryly, "Ideally, there would be no danger to anyone, but I'm afraid deploying a bunker buster in the middle of a city full of Sleepers would be... unethical and reckless to begin with. We... do have a small plan ready for unsettling the place's defenses before we go in, though."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Colin smiled, "I'm an old soldier, Milady... Are you perhaps familiar with the origins of the phrase 'blood is thicker than water'?"

"I am actually not familiar with the origins of the phrase no Mr Wainwright, however now I am curious, please do enlighten me."
Daisy said as she walked next to you.

He nodded and smiled wryly, "Ideally, there would be no danger to anyone, but I'm afraid deploying a bunker buster in the middle of a city full of Sleepers would be... unethical and reckless to begin with. We... do have a small plan ready for unsettling the place's defenses before we go in, though."

"Well as long as the risks as as small a possible for anyone but the Nephandi. Rodger and Anat have volunteered for this and in a way every member of the Traditions are a soldier in this damned war of ours, I do not like them being at risk but risk there might be and I accept that...however how can I help with this plan of yours?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Colin thought for a moment, "If memory serves, the phrase is originally Greek; possibly Spartan. 'The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb' - meaning that the bonds to those with whom you have shed blood on the battlefield are stronger than the bonds to the family you were born into. Over time, the meaning got confused and somehow inverted, but the original version remains true. The bonds one forms consciously are stronger than the ones dumped on one by others."
He smiled sadly, "I'm sure you've noticed the same with your Chantry versus your birth family? I, for one, am very fond of my parents and sister... but I can't go back to stay."
He grinned wickedly, "I believe that part of the plan is well in hand - we know the Labyrinth to have two entrances. One will be flushed with very unhealthy mundane materials, and we'll seek to exploit the confusion that might cause to start tearing down the place's magical defenses. I doubt it will decide the battle alone, but it should buy us a few minutes, if we're lucky. Hm, I think Mr. Bryne might be well suited to deliver the initial surprise, actually - it would mean placing an electronic transmitter of some sort at a specific location and essentially keep the area under observation. The risk there should be fairly minimal altogether."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:26 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:"Well they just brought someone in, a woman. I do not know anything about her though but I know a group went out a while ago to try to get someone out of a mental hospital. It is generally busy upstairs though, it have been a hectic week since the Nephandi decided to go on the offensive."
Rosa said and smiles but you can see the that the smile was false, she was rather worried about the situation.

I am sorry to hear, is there anything i can do to help you Rosa?" Devon looks sincere

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:27 pm

"Yes...I suspect a crowbar will do the job, it should be able to grab the lid just fine, but I will have a look around and see what tools I can find."

"There's probably a crowbar in one of the car trunks or garage at least."

"That will do in a pinch but are easy to tear a hole in so let me see if anyone have any booths we can buy or borrow." The Euthanatos said and frowned.

"Making us into duct tape mummies from the waist down doesn't sound fun, either. Boots would definitely be an improvement," he said and told him his size just in case that it became an option. "Basically, something so that we don't come down with something disgusting," he added.

"Very well, you where thinking I would go and speak with Colin, ask about a car and see what tools I can find while you take care of some more business then?"

"Yes, and some kind of protective gear if possible, mundane or otherwise." Sure, with the art of life much could be done but if they could prevent it in the first place, all the better. He made a face, thinking about the disgusting bathroom he'd been in and knowing that a sewer would be much, much worse. Still, they could not afford to be squeamish so much as smart about it. "Thank you."

Francesca gave you both a smile. "Hi..." She whispered not to wake the little girl.

Adley smiled back and lifted a hand to wave hello to her. He closed the door behind himself and Adjan. Then he made a gestures towards his ear for phone, then pointed at the bathroom, moving through the room towards it. He glanced down at the girl as he passed, smiling again and then went inside. He shut the door behind him, then fished out the candle again so that he could give Tyler an estimated time for their 'distraction' and let her know that Karl was safe.

// have a good game Anja!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:58 pm

Colin:

Colin thought for a moment, "If memory serves, the phrase is originally Greek; possibly Spartan. 'The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb' - meaning that the bonds to those with whom you have shed blood on the battlefield are stronger than the bonds to the family you were born into. Over time, the meaning got confused and somehow inverted, but the original version remains true. The bonds one forms consciously are stronger than the ones dumped on one by others."

Daisy listened as you explained then when you where done she said.
"That makes sense actually Mr Wainwright. I do feel a deeper connection to the ones I live with and share my everyday struggles with than with my sleeper family that...well I for obvious reasons can not interact with anymore."
She said and sigh.

He smiled sadly, "I'm sure you've noticed the same with your Chantry versus your birth family? I, for one, am very fond of my parents and sister... but I can't go back to stay."

"Yes I have noticed that...even before the Union...did this to me, I started feeling estranged from my sleeper family, they just could not be involved with the life I live as a mage...it is sad but yes, my Chantrymates are my family now."

He grinned wickedly, "I believe that part of the plan is well in hand - we know the Labyrinth to have two entrances. One will be flushed with very unhealthy mundane materials, and we'll seek to exploit the confusion that might cause to start tearing down the place's magical defenses. I doubt it will decide the battle alone, but it should buy us a few minutes, if we're lucky. Hm, I think Mr. Bryne might be well suited to deliver the initial surprise, actually - it would mean placing an electronic transmitter of some sort at a specific location and essentially keep the area under observation. The risk there should be fairly minimal altogether."

"Hum...you will have to speak with Rodger about that, but yes using mundane materials might be a good idea, many mages forget that such materials are a danger as well."
The Cyborg said.
"But yes if you need Rodger's help then I am sure he will be willing to offer it if he is able to."

Adley:

"There's probably a crowbar in one of the car trunks or garage at least."

"Good point I will have to start looking for one there."
Adjan agreed.

"Making us into duct tape mummies from the waist down doesn't sound fun, either. Boots would definitely be an improvement," he said and told him his size just in case that it became an option. "Basically, something so that we don't come down with something disgusting," he added.

"Indeed, we do not want to get sick and have to burden Master Nassa back home with more work."
The Euthanatos commented.
"I will see what I can scrunch up, perhaps someone have some boots we can use somewhere."

"Yes, and some kind of protective gear if possible, mundane or otherwise." Sure, with the art of life much could be done but if they could prevent it in the first place, all the better. He made a face, thinking about the disgusting bathroom he'd been in and knowing that a sewer would be much, much worse. Still, they could not afford to be squeamish so much as smart about it. "Thank you."

"Probably I can find something or pay someone to make what we need for us magickally."
Adjan said.
"Well then I have my to do list, I should get to it."
Then he smiled.
"No need to thank me my friend we are all in this together."

Adley smiled back and lifted a hand to wave hello to her. He closed the door behind himself and Adjan. Then he made a gestures towards his ear for phone, then pointed at the bathroom, moving through the room towards it. He glanced down at the girl as he passed, smiling again and then went inside. He shut the door behind him, then fished out the candle again so that he could give Tyler an estimated time for their 'distraction' and let her know that Karl was safe.

Francesca nodded to your signal as you went towards the bathroom. Lille Liv smiled a little in her sleep, the world might be in turmoil around her but she at least was safe and warm for now. You get into the bathroom and set up Derrick's candle, it do not seam that someone where listening. You call up Tyler and she soon replies.
"Yes it is I?"

Devon:

Rosa give you a tired smile.
"I do not know that there is much you can do Mr Miles but thank you anyway, it is just the whole situation, the Nephandi breathing down our necks, it is scary you know."
She admitted.
"Help stop the Fallen, that is all anyone can do really."
The young mange said sounding worried and concerned.

(OOC: Thank you it was a good game. Sorry about the lack of details in this post I just got one posted when I had a few minutes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:57 pm

Colin nodded, "As fond of my family as I am, I Awakened as a Mage under calamitous circumstances, and while they helped me heal... I've drifted too far from them, both during my military service and my joining the Traditions... I can't share with them more than a fraction of what I've experienced, they just can't understand. Adley, though - we've fought side by side, and I'm very fond of him."
He looked up at Daisy with a small grin, "And if you tell him, I will be forced to deny it and hunt you down with a set of screwdrivers."
He smiled, "No matter how subtle the wizard, a dagger between the shoulderblades is certain to cramp his style... If we can cook up a cheap and mostly mundane attack which requires some quick and costly - and unnatural - magical defense, we have a strong advantage when the proverbial dice come down. I'll have a word with Mr. Bryne about helping out later."
Leading her up the stairs, he glanced into the sitting room where they'd just been to see if Adley was there.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:36 am

"Probably I can find something or pay someone to make what we need for us magickally." Adjan said. "Well then I have my to do list, I should get to it."

""Flashlight possibly," he added.  "I think that's the only thing we overlooked...but yes, do contact my cabalmate. I'm sure he's had a brainstorm or two in the meantime," he grinned. Simple things like not having shit in your shoes and being in the dark, assuming the plan went the way it had been thought up to date.

You call up Tyler and she soon replies. "Yes it is I?"

"I wanted to you. It seemed to go as well as could be expected, regarding your childer. He was treated as carefully and kindly as possible. I also wanted to give you a timing to pass on to your contact, for our distraction."

// lol@Colin...
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:05 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "As fond of my family as I am, I Awakened as a Mage under calamitous circumstances, and while they helped me heal... I've drifted too far from them, both during my military service and my joining the Traditions... I can't share with them more than a fraction of what I've experienced, they just can't understand. Adley, though - we've fought side by side, and I'm very fond of him."

"Yes when I Awakened, I had to keep much of what I now am from my family, after all I did not want them to get dragged into the Asencion War but also, they would never understand, not fully at least, but I got closer to my Awakened friends which made it worse when I came back after the Union captured me and...they turned their backs on me."
Daisy said bitterly.
"But my Chantrymates now, they know how it feels to be alone and outcast, they understand me and I understand them and I to are very fond of them, all I want to do is to keep them safe."

He looked up at Daisy with a small grin, "And if you tell him, I will be forced to deny it and hunt you down with a set of screwdrivers."

"You are a patient man then Mr Wainwright for that would be quite a project."
The Deaconess said and burst out laughing.

He smiled, "No matter how subtle the wizard, a dagger between the shoulderblades is certain to cramp his style... If we can cook up a cheap and mostly mundane attack which requires some quick and costly - and unnatural - magical defense, we have a strong advantage when the proverbial dice come down. I'll have a word with Mr. Bryne about helping out later."

"Well if we can avoid Paradox ourselves while forcing our enemies into a situation where they will be bogged down by it, that will be a boon for us."
Daisy said and nodded.
"Especially given how sensitive the Nephandi are to the ravages of reality. Yes I would recommend having a talk with Rodger about it."

Leading her up the stairs, he glanced into the sitting room where they'd just been to see if Adley was there.

If you mean the sitting room where you had spoken with Daisy and where Adley, Adjan and Loretta had worked their rote then there where no one there, if you meant the sitting room your group had been given then you see that Loretta is awake and is sitting and sipping some coffee while watching over Liv you also hear some murmur coming from the bathroom not enough to make out words but enough to know someone is there.

Adley:

""Flashlight possibly," he added. "I think that's the only thing we overlooked...but yes, do contact my cabalmate. I'm sure he's had a brainstorm or two in the meantime," he grinned. Simple things like not having shit in your shoes and being in the dark, assuming the plan went the way it had been thought up to date.

Adjan nodded.
"Yeah a flashlight is a good idea to add...I will see what I can find."
He said and added it to his mental list then he pulled out his phone and sent Colin a message.

"Hi where are you, we should discuss what we need to bring for our little excursion to the sewers."

Colin you get this message as you are on your way up the stairs meaning you just missed Adjan as he left the sitting room.

"I wanted to you. It seemed to go as well as could be expected, regarding your childer. He was treated as carefully and kindly as possible. I also wanted to give you a timing to pass on to your contact, for our distraction."

"Thank you...so Karl managed to stay calm and it went reasonably well?"
Tyler asked softly in a concerned tone of voice then she said.
"Very well, what timing? I will pass it along."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:49 am

"Thank you...so Karl managed to stay calm and it went reasonably well?" Tyler asked softly in a concerned tone of voice then she said. "Very well, what timing? I will pass it along.

"Considering the circumstances, I would say so. We explained as best we could what would be happening to him and we talked about what he wanted as reasonable accommodations. And he still decided to go through with it, he was not forced in any way. It was done with as much skill as we could gather and also we ah...tried to keep his mind off of it, so to speak," he said. He waited to see if that would satisfy her. Then he explained the timeframe on when they would need the distraction, taking into account the drive time, some time to gather last minute items, convene with the others and load the car so they could set forth. "I'll let you know if anything changes..."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:33 am

Ok, we should go then.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:50 am

Colin nodded soberly, "Some of my fellow pilots... never spoke to me again after I got out of the military hospital. I think my injury upsets them too much - they'd rather not have the reminder that they can do everything right and still get shot down. I miss them a bit, and sometimes I wonder if my scars were in a less obvious location, perhaps they'd be less unwilling to keep in touch... Well, no matter; water under the bridge... Protecting the current family is more important than the ones we left behind."
He grinned, "You don't get to become a Master Craftsman without patience."
He glanced about the sitting room, "Hum, nobody... Probably right around the corner... If you'll excuse me, I have to see who texted me..."
He frowned at his phone and looked around the corridor before responding, "Up by the sitting rooms - just chaperoned the Deaconess up to properly introduce her to ARH."

((OOC: Yeah, I meant the sitting room where Colin and Daisy had sat a few minutes ago. Also, Loretta?))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:32 am

Adley:

"Considering the circumstances, I would say so. We explained as best we could what would be happening to him and we talked about what he wanted as reasonable accommodations. And he still decided to go through with it, he was not forced in any way. It was done with as much skill as we could gather and also we ah...tried to keep his mind off of it, so to speak," he said. He waited to see if that would satisfy her.

"He is a stubborn boy, thinking he can win the heart of my kind and fight the Prince with ideology...stubborn and brave."
Tyler said proudly.
"It seams you did it as...kindly as a staking can be done, it is never pleasant but at least Karl did not suffer more than he had to...thank you."
She said softly, she sounded a bit uneasy but what you told her did seam to answer her question at least.

Then he explained the timeframe on when they would need the distraction, taking into account the drive time, some time to gather last minute items, convene with the others and load the car so they could set forth. "I'll let you know if anything changes..."

"I will let Khalid know to get on with it then, it will take even him a few minutes to create a bit of a political mess to keep his Princeliness occupied."
The vampiress said then she asked.
"Is there anything else you need from me then Mr Roth Hicks, before we later move on Abigail I mean?"

Colin:

Colin nodded soberly, "Some of my fellow pilots... never spoke to me again after I got out of the military hospital. I think my injury upsets them too much - they'd rather not have the reminder that they can do everything right and still get shot down. I miss them a bit, and sometimes I wonder if my scars were in a less obvious location, perhaps they'd be less unwilling to keep in touch... Well, no matter; water under the bridge... Protecting the current family is more important than the ones we left behind."

Daisy did not speak for a while she just nodded, after some time had passed she said.
"Many...like to pretend...pretend that the bad things that they see around them, will never occur to them, pretend that they are safe and they do not like reminders that they are not. Just look at the Mercere...the ones who are following their Founder's path, how most mages avoid them at all costs, they do not want to be reminded that such a thing is possible...that it might happen to them as well. Fear can make pepole abandon even their friends and family."
The Cyborg's voice was soft and sad as she spoke.

He grinned, "You don't get to become a Master Craftsman without patience."

"Very true...very true, I better watch out then Mr Wainwright."
She said and sounded amused.

He glanced about the sitting room, "Hum, nobody... Probably right around the corner... If you'll excuse me, I have to see who texted me..."
He frowned at his phone and looked around the corridor before responding, "Up by the sitting rooms - just chaperoned the Deaconess up to properly introduce her to ARH."

You get a message back from Adjan.
"I am right around the corner from you, I will turn around and meet you. A went to the room we where given for our stay here."

Shortly after the message you see Adjan show up from around a corner.
"We just missed one another it seamed."
He said with a bit of a smile before he bowed to Daisy.
"Nice to see you again Deconess Darnell."
He said. The Cyborg seamed a bit uneasy but she inclined her head.
"You as well Mr Terach."
She said politely.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:38 am

Tane.

Alessa nodded.
"Yes we should, if you are coming with me, I could use some back up just in case the thing that sliced open the rat like a fish for dinner also have a thing for spiders."
She said with a wry grin.
"If Coawa can hold down the fort here then and watch over Paula while we are gone?"
She asked and Coawa nodded.
"I will take her swimming."
He said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:37 am

Colin nodded, "I, for one, lost most of those fears a quarter century ago... I'd say I went through Hellfire, but it was technically a Stinger. After surviving - and i daresay thriving - after being hit by some of the most terrifying attacks a man can hurl at me, and later by the Mage equivalent, there's little left that frightens me for me. Losing others, though... that's the real terror now... The Mercere, though, now there's a valourous lot. Good logistics are never properly appreciated, and that House is the very best... I suppose there's an inversely proportional aspect to that..."

He nodded to Adjan, "Right, what excursion to the sewers? Do you mean the storm drain? Er, well, we might need some light, a hook to pick up the lid, and..."
He glanced over at Daisy, "Ah, forgive me, Deaconess, I believe this concerns the imminent mission. You might have some insights we lack, as a resident of the city. For example, how long has it been since the city saw heavy rain?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Colin nodded, "I, for one, lost most of those fears a quarter century ago... I'd say I went through Hellfire, but it was technically a Stinger. After surviving - and i daresay thriving - after being hit by some of the most terrifying attacks a man can hurl at me, and later by the Mage equivalent, there's little left that frightens me for me. Losing others, though... that's the real terror now...

"Hum...I see what you mean Mr Wainwright I remember being strapped down to a table as the Progenitor and Iteration X physicians opened my skull and took my brain...and part of my spine...I remember the moment I lost all senses in my body as I just was not attached anymore and the darkness...I remember them bringing my optics online for the first time...to test if they worked of being flooded with light and impressions that where not mine of seeing my own body laying there dead and bloody on a table. I could not move or speak or scream..."
Daisy said softly.
"So yes few things scare me any more, I died on that operating table that I am now is a shadow...but I do fear loosing my loved ones and I do fear for the Traditions that I am still loyal to if one of the other factions should win."
She added.
"That I fear."

The Mercere, though, now there's a valourous lot. Good logistics are never properly appreciated, and that House is the very best... I suppose there's an inversely proportional aspect to that..."

"Yes the Red Caps are good at their jobs and we need them now more than ever since the Technocracy keep taps on the telecommunication network if you want to send someone secure communication they are your best bet and no the Traditions do not appreciate them enough, once they where called the backbone of the Order of Hermes, most now see them as just Custos though and that is a real shame."

He nodded to Adjan, "Right, what excursion to the sewers? Do you mean the storm drain? Er, well, we might need some light, a hook to pick up the lid, and..."

"Yes the storm drain, it is connected with the sewers is it not?"
Adjan asked.
"Yeah I am thinking a crowbar will do for a hook, and Adley mentioned that we should have some boots, the kind that fishermen use though that are less likely to be attainable at Morningstar than a crowbar, and we also need some flashlights I am thinking and that should be it unless you can think of something else we need Colin?"

He glanced over at Daisy, "Ah, forgive me, Deaconess, I believe this concerns the imminent mission. You might have some insights we lack, as a resident of the city. For example, how long has it been since the city saw heavy rain?"

"The last bout of heavy rain ended four days, two hours and twenty five minutes ago."
Daisy said.
"There was a light drissle yesterday but not enough to matter, a storm drain should be fairly low on water at this point."
She informed you.

(OOC: Loretta and her apprentice left before Adjan. Sorry I did not have time to reply to the OOC before heading out to go and poke my fingers with needles aka learning how to sew.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Colin hesitated for a moment, "I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree... your mind is still your own, your soul and Avatar are still enjoined, even if your original body is no more. You still live, even if there's no heartbeat; for all the Technocracy's evil and misdeeds, they have irrevocably proved that human life is not limited to the flesh into which we are born... Whether that's good or ill, I can't say for certain, but... I've seen too many lives improved by prosthetics originating in the Union to dismiss bionics as an abomination - though I'll allow it is unnatural."
He looked up at Daisy, "That's not to say that what happened to you was not an abomination, of course - there's a very clear difference between replacing a lost limb and discarding a perfectly good body for sinister purposes..."
He sighed, "What the Traditions need right now, I think, is a diplomatic corps... A House not bound to any of the Traditions themselves, but dedicated to strengthen the unity and cooperation among us all. There, I think, may be a weak point for the Mercere, in that they are intrinsically bound to the Order of Hermes - that's bound to cause contention, so long as the other Traditions have the slightest pretense to doubt their integrity..."
He frowned at Adjan, "Bugger, I hadn't thought of that. You are right, we'll need some good rubber boots. Waders if possible."
He glanced down at where Daisy's feet would be, "I think your lacework might have to be put aside for the occasion, I'm afraid..."
He pondered, "Just in case, we should bring a coil of rope. I doubt we'll need it, but you never know."

((OOC: Ah, right. No worries. Good luck with the finger-pokey; remember that's why God gave us thimbles. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:48 pm

He needs to swimm a lot after his silvery encounter, anyway.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Colin:

Colin hesitated for a moment, "I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree... your mind is still your own, your soul and Avatar are still enjoined, even if your original body is no more. You still live, even if there's no heartbeat; for all the Technocracy's evil and misdeeds, they have irrevocably proved that human life is not limited to the flesh into which we are born... Whether that's good or ill, I can't say for certain, but... I've seen too many lives improved by prosthetics originating in the Union to dismiss bionics as an abomination - though I'll allow it is unnatural."

"Yes my soul is my own, and allot of my mind, though I am not sure if all of me are the same as the woman who's body died on that operating table."
Daisy said then she sigh.
"Well at least someone who needed them got the organs...they asked me about that when they came to my cell and told me what they where planning to do with me, whatever I wanted the whole thing destroyed or if the Progenitor doctors could take the organs to use in whatever sleeper hospital they work in...well anyway I...perhaps I am still me...I do not know."
She muttered softly.
"Oh no bionics in itself are no evil, to give someone a leg that actually work and bends or a new arm they ca grip things with or what sleepers are just beginning to be able to do now, or rather that the Union give them around now, new eyes...I have nothing against bionics, I have something against it being forced on someone."

He looked up at Daisy, "That's not to say that what happened to you was not an abomination, of course - there's a very clear difference between replacing a lost limb and discarding a perfectly good body for sinister purposes..."

"There is a girl living at Morningstar who ended up locked into her body after a Paradox Spirit attacked her, her father created for her a artificial nervous system that allow her to move again. Bionics can do allot of good. Hell if someone want to become a cyborg I have no problem with that either if they give informed consent, two lines under informed, it is taking someone and turning them into a killing machine I have a problem with...my brain was exceptionally healthy, no weak areas, no damage the chances I would survive the operation was over seventy percent so the bastards decided to make me into a Hit-Mark, into a monster rather than killing me or sending me to MECHA, and that is what is an abomination that they did this to me, against my will..."

He sighed, "What the Traditions need right now, I think, is a diplomatic corps... A House not bound to any of the Traditions themselves, but dedicated to strengthen the unity and cooperation among us all. There, I think, may be a weak point for the Mercere, in that they are intrinsically bound to the Order of Hermes - that's bound to cause contention, so long as the other Traditions have the slightest pretense to doubt their integrity..."

"You may be right Mr Wainwright, such a group of diplomats might indeed be most useful but yes House Mercere are a Hermetic House even if they offer their services to all of us, their loyalties are with the Order of Hermes."
She said then she asked
"You have some plans for such a group of diplomats then?"

He frowned at Adjan, "Bugger, I hadn't thought of that. You are right, we'll need some good rubber boots. Waders if possible."

"I do not know if anyone have boots like those, but I can certainly manufacture some with my nanobots."
Daisy offered.
"Just give me the right sizes and any specifications you want and I will program the pattern and set my little friends to work."

He glanced down at where Daisy's feet would be, "I think your lacework might have to be put aside for the occasion, I'm afraid..."

The Deaconess hesitated then she shook her head.
"I can get more lace...I am not ready for anyone to see me...as a metal monstrosity."
She said sounding afraid.

He pondered, "Just in case, we should bring a coil of rope. I doubt we'll need it, but you never know."

"I am sure I can get some rope, that should not be a problem. I will ask Chief Joakim if I can raid the garden shed."
Adjan said with a bit of a smile, he glanced at Daisy now and again not knowing exactly what to think about her towering figure.

Tane:

"Silver? Now that is nasty for Rokea, what kind of trouble did you two get yourself into?"
Alessa asked as she got her car keys. Coawa just grumbled at that.
"We ran into some Qyrl...Wyrm tainted mage assholes and one of them decided to be cute."
He replied and the Ananasi nodded.
"I see, well both of you survived it seams, are you ok Coawa?"
She asked and he nodded.
"Yeah I will be fine after a swim."
He said then he looked at the sleeping girl on the floor.
"It is tempting to just pick her up and throw her in."
He said with a big grin.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I fell asleep on the sofa after coming home, to many people and to much noise, though I now have a skirt I have made myself, even if it is a bit longer in the front than in the back. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:05 pm

(OOC: Well then we are at 30 pages again and it is time for a summary of this thread and to start up a new one. If I have forgotten anything that should be in the summary then let me know, Also I am working on making PDF files of the three former threads but my computer is acting up with it. I am able to make single files into PDFs but not three thread into one as earlier. I am still working on it. I am sorry it is taking so long.

Colin, Joe and Adjan go to try to retrieve the young Nephandus that he shot, this works out well and Joe teleports the girl out of the hospital. Joe is rather upset about most likely bringing a child in for Gilgul though. Colin speaks with the girl that he names Anna as her real name is in the dragon's tongue, the girl is a dedicated Nephandus but not unkind. Once back at Morningstar Colin comes up with a plan together with Master Min for a way to stall the girl being put on trial until perhaps the political situation chances and others thing put in motion comes into effect so she might have a chance. Alex examines the young Nephandus when she is brought to the infirmary, he finds that the girl was healed poorly and her life pattern is damaged, she might look fine but to much strain might kill her, he is not even sure if Anna will live through the night.

Adley receives a mysterious message from the earth elemental brothers when asking them for help in saving Carmon, something they agree to, they seam to have observed something unusual about Colin's Avatar though so the young Hermetic suggjest they they should speak with him once things calm down. Hans teleport the papers that Tian wrote and Adley go to deal with Karl Tyler's grandchilde, together with him he brings Kristina and Rosemary, a Verbena Sentinel at Morningstar. No one likes to stake Karl he is a nice enough fellow, however the whole thing do go smoothly and as kindly as such things can be done. Narim teleports Karl's paralyzed body back to Steelhaven where Henrietta takes care of him. Colin calls Chief Morgan and talks him into asking Adley to stay in Chicago for the retrieval mission. Instead Antonio works on Beatrice while Tane keeps her calm, he manage to find where the arcane connection she have with the missing Spirit Master is, but he is unable to sever it, the connection is to strong since the missing Guernicus touched her very Avatar.

Colin and Adley spend allot of time discussing and planning how to rescue Carmon and a plan to ask Daisy Darnell's help with the wards and then have the Brothers place a rare mineral on his person that Hans can then search for before teleporting the vampire out of danger is formed and the group is just about ready to go on that mission. Plans are also starting to fall into place for how to take down Abigail's Labyrinth. Anna have agreed to draw a map of the Labyrinth for Colin as she realize that the Orphan is her best chance to not be Gilgulled. Colin also learn from Anna that her Avatar a glass dragon fears Colin ad if he was ever put into a Caul, he would destroy it, though it is unclear how healthy doing so would be for him.

Back home at Steelhaven Chief Morgan have sent a group to get Martha Cunningham out of the hospital and they managed to do so, though the unfortunate Nephandus managed to flee from her new captors and find a pay phone and call her apprentice. Hans intercepted the call while Colin was visiting him in the computer room and Colin managed to talk the desperate woman from killing herself, he also let her believe that her apprentice was still alive something he feels strong moral qualms about.

Colin talks Daisy who have arrived at Morningstar with two other mages from her Chantry into helping out with getting Carmon to safety, he also meet the two other mages from Flamingo and learn some of their stories. Daisy and Colin agree to meet once the Nephandi are dealt with at Flamingo and exchange rote information. Adley works with Adjan and Loretta to create two hanging spells, one is is regular rote to dampen all sound in the area while the other are a banishing ritual to deal with any spirits that might be sent with them when they go to rescue his Avatar's long lost vampire friend. Colin promises Joakim to help him defeat Etrius when the time comes. Joakim tells the Orphan about his dreams for retirement.

Tane forgets about backing Alessa up on her meeting with the Ratkin that might know about her sister. He go to Steelhaven after getting Lily home safely and spend some time with Beatrice, cooking for her and Amadeus the fish he gave her for her dinner party. Amadeus tells Tane that he would not mind it if the Dreamspeaker started to court his apprentice once she had recovered as he could see how the younger mage felt about his magickal daughter. Tane's Avatar manages to calm Beatrice's wounded forest God and this lets her rest for a while. Later Tane and Henrietta go to deal with the Avatar shards left in Mattapan, they get jumped by a couple of Nephandi but do defeat them, killing one of them and taking the other captive. Coawa get wounded in the fight but Amadeus later heals him. Later Tane run into the group looking for Martha but he recons they can handle it so he go home to get Coawa to the sea to recuperate. He learns that Coawa accompanied Alessa when talking with the Ratkin last night and they got some information but not allot. Once he get home though he overhear a conversation that Alessa have with a contact at the medical examiner's office, the Ratkin she spoke with last night had been found murdered something she think is related to her search for her wyrm tainted sister.

Devon is put on guard duty and have the great pleasure to meet Diego. Later he have a confusing conversation with Deaconess Mara and also meets the new prisoner though he only helps to secure him. Right now he is talking with Rosa who had come down with sandwiches and coffee for the ones who where down in the basement guarding the rather neat collection of prisoners that Steelhaven have acquired over the last few days. Devon do express concern over the number of prisoner and the chance that they are some sort of Trojan horse but Jeffry Morgan seams to dismiss that idea though he to is concerned about their numbers.

Very well then that is 2 more exp for everyone. Good gaming everyone.

This is the link to the next IC thread: http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com/t89-carmon-cyborgs-and-more-vampires-ic-thread-14#10624 ))
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:38 pm

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]"
Adjan agreed.

Devon:

Rosa give you a tired smile.
"I do not know that there is much you can do Mr Miles but thank you anyway, it is just the whole situation, the Nephandi breathing down our necks, it is scary you know."
She admitted.
"Help stop the Fallen, that is all anyone can do really."
The young mange said sounding worried and concerned.

"it just seems to "convenient. ..so many at same time.... i may be paranoid but i think something more is going on, but i don't have proof." devon sighs

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:20 pm

(OOC: I have replied in the new thread)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Back to top