Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Warpmind on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:53 pm

Colin shook his head, "The cell is not in a storm drain, but the storm drain in question is separated from the cell by a few feet of stone and earth - it's the closest we can get without entering the house. And frankly, I'd rather wade through a bit of sewage than stroll into the vampire Prince's mansion without a written invitation. We have to assume to encounter wards, mostly created by the Tremere vampires, but also likely one created by the Nephandi, to guard their investment. If we're extremely fortunate, the wards don't cover the outer walls or cellar floor, though we have to expect that they do. Furthermore, there's the likelyhood of numerous guards in the mansion; vampires, ghouls, and possibly a Nephandus or two, but with a little luck, going tby way of the storm drain can let us extricate the prisoner and be gone before anyone notices our presence. If we're not that lucky... we might have to fight our way out of there - but working fast should increase our chances of getting out before we're caught."
He grinned wryly, "I've had enough sleep for a few days, actually, owing to a rather nasty attack earlier, and my magical... agility is a little hampered owing to the growing pains. Nevertheless, I've got every intention to spend most of next week on vacation in a cough fortress... after the immediate crisis is dealt with."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Colin shook his head, "The cell is not in a storm drain, but the storm drain in question is separated from the cell by a few feet of stone and earth - it's the closest we can get without entering the house. And frankly, I'd rather wade through a bit of sewage than stroll into the vampire Prince's mansion without a written invitation.

"Hum...so you are thinking we go through the wall then or teleport this vampire we are rescuing out of there?"
Cara asked then she nodded.
"It do seam that going through the storm drain and then through the wall might indeed be a safer option than trying to force our way into a nest of vampires yes."
The Criamon agreed.

We have to assume to encounter wards, mostly created by the Tremere vampires, but also likely one created by the Nephandi, to guard their investment. If we're extremely fortunate, the wards don't cover the outer walls or cellar floor, though we have to expect that they do. Furthermore, there's the likelyhood of numerous guards in the mansion; vampires, ghouls, and possibly a Nephandus or two, but with a little luck, going tby way of the storm drain can let us extricate the prisoner and be gone before anyone notices our presence. If we're not that lucky... we might have to fight our way out of there - but working fast should increase our chances of getting out before we're caught."

"Let us hope we indeed can get in, get our man and get out before we are noticed then, but yes chances are we will have a fight on our hands."
The Criamon said then she asked.
"Ghouls that are the Massassa's human servants right?"
She asked and Kristina nodded.
"So get through the wards, try not to be detected, get through the wall somehow, get the vampire elder and flee, that is the plan?"
The Criamon asked.

He grinned wryly, "I've had enough sleep for a few days, actually, owing to a rather nasty attack earlier, and my magical... agility is a little hampered owing to the growing pains. Nevertheless, I've got every intention to spend most of next week on vacation in a cough fortress... after the immediate crisis is dealt with."

Cara, Adjan and Kristina shivered at the thought of the attack you had told them about.
"Yes well, there is that."
Adjan muttered.
"Well your rest plans once this crisis are dealt with sounds like a good idea though...hopefully that will give your ehm...unusual soul some time to settle as well."
He said sounding a bit uneasy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:56 pm

He shook his head to Adley as he picked up his pair of boots and sat down to put them on, "Afraid I haven't given the full, detailed briefing yet; I was thinking it was best to leave out a few specifics until we got everyone into the car."

"No problem, we'll make sure we're all on the same page then. And what we managed to scrounge last minute."

Adjan looked down when you looked at him, he was worried that he had insulted you with his words, he did not know what to say though so he just sat there pulling on his new boots and lacing them up as he looked like he regretted his words...

"It's alright. Maybe I needed to hear that."

He grinned at Adley's momentary befuddlement, "Now, I'll allow that Adley has internalized his House's nobler aspects, but in this particular case, I'm afraid I'll have to take the blame for dragging him along here. It is by my recommendation he comes along now, rather than head home for another urgent matter, but the reason for which is... not my story to tell. Suffice to say the matter is urgent enough to warrant us heading out right away, rather than get some much-needed rest first... Adley knows all the... individuals involved in the operation, and as such is crucial."

He raised an eyebrow at Colin as he made a neat, tight knot in the boot laces. Well, it saved face certainly but he had been planning on going on this mission anyway.

"Off course and I meant no offense." Adjan assured you. "All I meant is that the current situation is one we all have to face and many of us are tired and in need of rest, but You and Adley do seam to be very good and worrying that others get the rest they need...while continuing doing what have to be done yourself, and I just mean we all have to pitch in equally in this if we are going to stop the Nephandi and there might not be rest to be had for any of us."

"I'm not offended. Concerned, but not offended. I'm only considering this isn't the only fight in the campaign, something that's been harshly impressed upon me this week. And I assure you I do realise I have needs. One of those needs simply happens to be to make sure you all see to your needs." He wiggled his toes in the shoes and nodded, then started distributing gloves.

"Very well Mr Roth Hicks." Kristina put the key in the ignition and started the car and drove out of Morningstar's garage. "It will take us ten or fifteen minutes to get where we are going we can discuss the mission en route."

"Sounds good," he said as he buckled the belt. "Right, there was one more thing. Anyone get a chance go give our ride a bit of cover of some kind? I really don't want to get stopped en route either direction. Plus when we get near there, we're going to need to find a handy place to park," he added as it occurred to him. "And it was requested that we refill the gas tank, if feasible."

Daisy nodded she could not smile but she seamed pleased. "I am glad they fit Mr Roth Hicks." She said and sounded a little less shy than earlier.

"Could I ask you for another favor? Or perhaps someone else with a steady hand? We've got a bit of unexpected windfall in the form of some tass. However, it needs to be portioned out so we can use it if we need it, there should be over ten drams at a guess. I've got a shirt here to use to make sachets, since it's in a gravel form, could you measure it out?" Then he gestured to the bag. "I also managed to acquire a rifle, for an emergency plan and ammo for it. Coupled with a silence rote I have on me, we can employ it to...neutralize attackers without rousing the neighborhood. However, I'd rather avoid having to use it altogether if we can. I also have spare handgun ammo, if anyone needs it."

"Hum...so you are thinking we go through the wall then or teleport this vampire we are rescuing out of there?"
Cara asked then she nodded. "It do seam that going through the storm drain and then through the wall might indeed be a safer option than trying to force our way into a nest of vampires yes."

"Hum...so you are thinking we go through the wall then or teleport this vampire we are rescuing out of there?" Cara asked then she nodded. "It do seam that going through the storm drain and then through the wall might indeed be a safer option than trying to force our way into a nest of vampires yes."

"The idea is that we will try to tag the vampire with a type of stone that is unique to the area, so he can be pinpointed and transported out of there directly. I have the assistance on hand of spirits that can help us with that, but we need to know what the wards are like first so they are not rebuffed or injured, or indeed warn of an invasion. I will also need a moment of privacy to call the spirits in advance. As for the wards, a Tremere-trained vampire did not know what to make of what they found around the house; they could tell something was there but not what it did so my guess is it is a qlippothic ward. At the best case scenario, we can get the vampire we seek out of there by proximity to the cell, as the elementals will be able to move through certain types of matter, to place the stone or bring him bodily to us so we can do the same. However, we should be prepared that will will have to fight our way through and that there will be Nephandi. We should also take care inside such a tunnel, there are many of us here we might want to consider that an area like that could trap us in there and try to prevent such an occurrence with as much diligence as possible."

"Ghouls that are the Massassa's human servants right?" She asked and Kristina nodded.

"Yes. From what I have been told, if I am recalling correctly, we should be prepared for the ghouls or vampires to be able to control animals so there may be swarms of rats or maybe bugs. They may be able to be able to take animalistic forms. Not quite like werewolves but claws and things like that. The ghouls will be stronger than regular humans and faster but they are still mortals. And, as we are trying to rescue a vampire that is staked down by his own and has been force fed blood all night long in anticipation of this disgusting rite, I would rather try not to use fire...for one thing, fire in a tunnel is dangerous with regard to smoke and flame, and who knows what gases are down there. And also it might drive what sanity the man has left out the window for the foreseeable future. He might know something important. Hence the rifle..."

He frowned a bit at that. "We can all plan our vacations once we have overcome the Nephandi," he agreed.

// lol all that's left in the box are jelly filled xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Colin nodded, "The plan is to get some... assistance in slipping through the walls to place those stones on the vampire, and ideally teleport him to the van directly... But we have to get down there to make sure there are no wards or defenses that will harm the ones to place the stones. Isn't that still correct, Adley?"
He glanced at Adley's bag o'tass, "That's from the Node? Out of curiosity, does anyone know what... flavour it's supposed to have? Also, a rifle in the storm drain sounds almost more like a liability than an asset... you couldn't get a shotgun instead? Ah, no matter, it'll likely be more practical for a potential chase post-extraction, even if it'll be impractical as anything but a fancy club in a confined space."
He smiled, "I do indeed believe ghouls are the human servants... It does sound a little better than 'Renfields', even if the classic reference does have a more distinguished ring to it."
He frowned, "Primal fire should not pose as much a practical risk even in confined spaces, I expect, but it would probably still be terrifying for the fellow to behold..."
He smiled thinly, "I'm sorry of my candor disturbs you... I suppose you could say my attitude to that incident is morbid humour in a Nietzche of its own."
He wiggled his foot around in the boot, "Hum, that feels... Ah, of course, slightly thicker socks than I'm used to. It's a snug, good fit, even if they don't breathe. I, ah, just might keep these afterwards."

((OOC: Yeah, wasabi jelly and the like. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:47 pm

Colin nodded, "The plan is to get some... assistance in slipping through the walls to place those stones on the vampire, and ideally teleport him to the van directly... But we have to get down there to make sure there are no wards or defenses that will harm the ones to place the stones. Isn't that still correct, Adley?"

"Right."

He glanced at Adley's bag o'tass, "That's from the Node? Out of curiosity, does anyone know what... flavour it's supposed to have? Also, a rifle in the storm drain sounds almost more like a liability than an asset... you couldn't get a shotgun instead? Ah, no matter, it'll likely be more practical for a potential chase post-extraction, even if it'll be impractical as anything but a fancy club in a confined space."

"Yes, it's to be used only for the purpose of defeating the Nephandi. When we find out how much we've got, we can portion it out. Use it only if necessary and anything remaining will be conserved for later. I think they said it was semi-static," he said. "But don't hold me to it." Then as he was asked about the guns he sighed and spread his hands out. "I could have, I didn't. I was thinking spreading cover in a room or if they tried to chase us...and destroying kneecaps on several vampires at once without cleaning the place out," he grimaced. "At any rate, I wish to avoid using it if at all possible. Who knows how to use it?" he asked.

He frowned, "Primal fire should not pose as much a practical risk even in confined spaces, I expect, but it would probably still be terrifying for the fellow to behold..."

"Probably. I was trying to think of ways to use a confined space to our advantage, without too much flashy, vulgar magick. But force shields, air walls, sonic attacks might be useful in a pinch," he said, to get the conversation going.

He smiled thinly, "I'm sorry of my candor disturbs you... I suppose you could say my attitude to that incident is morbid humour in a Nietzche of its own."

Adley looked at Colin and tried not to laugh at that but failed. Rubbing the back of a hand across his eyes, he shook his head.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:15 pm

"It's alright. Maybe I needed to hear that."

Adjan looks at you for a moment before he give you a bit of a smile and nodded before he continued to lace up his boots.

"I'm not offended. Concerned, but not offended. I'm only considering this isn't the only fight in the campaign, something that's been harshly impressed upon me this week. And I assure you I do realise I have needs. One of those needs simply happens to be to make sure you all see to your needs." He wiggled his toes in the shoes and nodded, then started distributing gloves.

"I understand, and I appreciate your concern my friend, but you do not have to do it all, and yes I know there will be other fights, this will not be easy...none of it will be easy, but we have to share the burden if we are going to survive this."
The Euthanatos said as he accepted a pair of gloves.
"So at least let us worry for your well being, as you worry for us?"

"Sounds good," he said as he buckled the belt. "Right, there was one more thing. Anyone get a chance go give our ride a bit of cover of some kind? I really don't want to get stopped en route either direction. Plus when we get near there, we're going to need to find a handy place to park," he added as it occurred to him. "And it was requested that we refill the gas tank, if feasible."

"I can take care of that."
Adjan said and fished out his dice.
"Mr Wainwright did teach me his rote after all and I can probably add a bit of my own, just making it less of a chance that someone see the van or rather that they will not notice it when they see it."
He said and started rolling the dice in his hand.
"Gas to be filled I am sure that can be arranged but not while we have a vampire prisoner in the car...that could get awkward very quickly."
Kristina said as she took a turn to the left and drove towards the more suburban areas of the city.

"Could I ask you for another favor? Or perhaps someone else with a steady hand? We've got a bit of unexpected windfall in the form of some tass. However, it needs to be portioned out so we can use it if we need it, there should be over ten drams at a guess. I've got a shirt here to use to make sachets, since it's in a gravel form, could you measure it out?" Then he gestured to the bag.

"Tass Mr Roth Hicks, well that is always useful...I can set my little friends to make little bags of the shirt, inside a car with no sleeper eyes to see that should be fine. Gravel you say, it is from the construction site Node then, it surprise med that Morningstar and Lavender managed to agree about it, but it is a good surprise."
Daisy said and nervously held out a hand for the shirt.
"One sachet each then?"

Then he gestured to the bag. "I also managed to acquire a rifle, for an emergency plan and ammo for it. Coupled with a silence rote I have on me, we can employ it to...neutralize attackers without rousing the neighborhood. However, I'd rather avoid having to use it altogether if we can. I also have spare handgun ammo, if anyone needs it."

"I have brought my knives."
Kristina said and Cara sigh.
"Off course you have Krissy...I have a gun through...I have one spare clip on me though I am not the best at using it."
Cara said and Kristina nodded.
"Gunfire in a populated area should only be for emergencies anyway there is far to big a risk that a stray bullet will hit one of the sleepers."
Kristina said.
"I have a firearm on me but like Cara I am not a good shot."

"My little friends can produce all the ammunition I will ever need."
Daisy said.
"I also have some Primium rounds I do not need more ammunition but thank you."
She said. Adjan nodded though he had to keep from grimacing as the well...Hit-Mark mentioned Primium bullets, no mage of the Traditions liked that combination.
"I have my gun and three extra clips, if that is not enough then we are in some serious trouble, I also have my knives."
He said which made Kristina grin.

"The idea is that we will try to tag the vampire with a type of stone that is unique to the area, so he can be pinpointed and transported out of there directly. I have the assistance on hand of spirits that can help us with that, but we need to know what the wards are like first so they are not rebuffed or injured, or indeed warn of an invasion. I will also need a moment of privacy to call the spirits in advance.

"Hum...so we need to examine the wards and deal with them then keep a look out while you summon these spirits you speak about and guard them while they do the job and the vampire are teleported out?"
Cara asked.
"That sounds...like a good plan actually, we can do this."

As for the wards, a Tremere-trained vampire did not know what to make of what they found around the house; they could tell something was there but not what it did so my guess is it is a qlippothic ward.

"Bloody Nephandi."
Adjan muttered and Cara frowned.
"So we are taking down a Qlippothic ward...now that...sounds like fun."
She muttered.

At the best case scenario, we can get the vampire we seek out of there by proximity to the cell, as the elementals will be able to move through certain types of matter, to place the stone or bring him bodily to us so we can do the same. However, we should be prepared that will will have to fight our way through and that there will be Nephandi. We should also take care inside such a tunnel, there are many of us here we might want to consider that an area like that could trap us in there and try to prevent such an occurrence with as much diligence as possible."

"Usually we can not expect the best case scenario to work Adley, but we can hope."
Kristina said as she nodded over the plan.
"Perhaps one or two of us should stay outside of the tunnel and keep an eye out in case our enemies decide to try to corner our group from behind and trap us down there."
Cara suggested. Adjan nodded at that.
"Hum...yes that might be wise and those we place as lookouts can also keep an eye on the van in case someone try to be funny with it."
He commented.

"Yes. From what I have been told, if I am recalling correctly, we should be prepared for the ghouls or vampires to be able to control animals so there may be swarms of rats or maybe bugs. They may be able to be able to take animalistic forms. Not quite like werewolves but claws and things like that. The ghouls will be stronger than regular humans and faster but they are still mortals.

"Are they sleepers the ghouls?"
Cara asked and Kristina nodded.
"Yes but they are half Awakened by the vampire blood they have been drinking and they are no longer a part of the Consensus which is good for us, Adley are right about the powers he describe though, in addition many of them move with great speed, have superhuman strength and can control minds in various ways, not to mention the Tremere blood magic, they are in effect hedge wizards after all."

And, as we are trying to rescue a vampire that is staked down by his own and has been force fed blood all night long in anticipation of this disgusting rite, I would rather try not to use fire...for one thing, fire in a tunnel is dangerous with regard to smoke and flame, and who knows what gases are down there. And also it might drive what sanity the man has left out the window for the foreseeable future. He might know something important. Hence the rifle..."

Kristina nodded at that.
"Yes and besides the last thing you want to do in confined space is a bunch of panicked, burning vampires and if fire is involved they will be panicked. Shoot them in the head repeatedly that will eventually knock them out for a while, or take out their legs, they do heal but they can not walk on shattered bones and they do feel pain."
She said surprisingly calm and matter of factly,
"Do not let them get to close...and also if they bite you then you will feel extreme amount of pleasure, it is like sitting in a great Node just flooding Quintessence through your system, resisting that is hard but can be done...also do not look any of them directly in the eyes, that is how they use their mind control, their eyes..."
Kristina advices.
"But yes let us not damage the man we are here to save further, not if we want him to be able to talk to us later."

He frowned a bit at that. "We can all plan our vacations once we have overcome the Nephandi," he agreed.

"We can have a vacation in the hellish world they plan for us...next stop Oblivion."
Adjan joked with a wry grin.

Colin nodded, "The plan is to get some... assistance in slipping through the walls to place those stones on the vampire, and ideally teleport him to the van directly...

Cara nodded at that.
"The plan is sound..."

"Fancy clubs can be surprisingly useful Mr Wainwright."
Kristina commented.
"The construction site Node is Dynamic and Static so it should have a fairly balanced Resonance I think, a bit of stagnant frustration perhaps."

He smiled, "I do indeed believe ghouls are the human servants... It does sound a little better than 'Renfields', even if the classic reference does have a more distinguished ring to it."

"I don't know Mr Wainwright, Renfield at least was human while the name ghoul comes from Hindu legends about corpse eaters. I am not sure which is more or less flattering."
Cara commented dryly.

"Well you did see the reaction of Miss Jarden."
Kristina commented as she kept her eyes on the dark streets.
"It is better not to risk it if not absolutely necessary."

"Oh...well as long as you can joke about it eh..."
Adjan muttered though the other magi still seamed a bit uneasy.

He wiggled his foot around in the boot, "Hum, that feels... Ah, of course, slightly thicker socks than I'm used to. It's a snug, good fit, even if they don't breathe. I, ah, just might keep these afterwards."

"I am glad you like them Mr Wainwright, and yes do feel welcome to keep the boots once we are done."
Daisy said and nodded proudly.
"My little friends usually do a fine job of manifesting things."
She said proudly.

"Yes, it's to be used only for the purpose of defeating the Nephandi. When we find out how much we've got, we can portion it out. Use it only if necessary and anything remaining will be conserved for later. I think they said it was semi-static," he said. "But don't hold me to it."

"The Node in question are Dynamic and Static as Krissy says, I can examine how many drams it is if you like though Mr Roth Hicks."
Cara offered.
"So Morningstar and Lavender came to an agreement about using the Node for stopping the Nephandi then...good..."

"At any rate, I wish to avoid using it if at all possible. Who knows how to use it?" he asked.

Adjan looked up from his dice.
"I know how to use a shotgun, and I suspect the good Deaconess do as well."
He said and Daisy nodded.
"I do...but I have my own Sir."
She said politely.

"Probably. I was trying to think of ways to use a confined space to our advantage, without too much flashy, vulgar magick. But force shields, air walls, sonic attacks might be useful in a pinch," he said, to get the conversation going.

"Anything that is not fire is a go...vampires have a spirit inside of them, a predator spirit that give them extreme self preservation drives so anything that can kill them drive them into wild panics, however force fields, air walls and well any magickal attack that would not reduce a vampire's body to nothing are fair game, well as far as not terrifying the prisoner is concerned, there is still Paradox to worry about."
Kristina said.
"But in a pinch...well yes we can use magick and we might have to."

(OOC: Aww but I used to like jello filled chocolate before I got allergic to processed sugar and had to choose between sweet treats and air.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:19 pm

Colin smiled to Adjan, "We're all in a shield wall formation... None of us have the time to look after ourselves while we look out for the one at our side. We all trust that the fellow on our other side keeps us safe. And so the line goes unbroken so long as we can all hold together..."
He frowned, "Yes, we should probably refuel first, just in case."
He raised a hand, "I know how to use a rifle of any kind - not remarkably skilled, I'll admit, but I have received basic instructions in all types of personal firearms, though i prefer semiautomatic pistols. What sort of rifle is it, specifically? Assault rifle or hunting rifle?"
He gave Cara a small grin, "Actually, tapping out a Qlippothic ward is not so hard; the one at the vampire's apartment earlier today was simple enough to drain. Managed to fuel a decent shield with it, too. Of course, I couldn't have done it safely if not for the help of an ex-Technocrat cyborg who agreed to help us save a child; he rather needed to poke at it first, so I could get at the ample but disgusting quintessence inside... Thank God I didn't have to process it through myself, though..."
He pondered, "Perhaps, just in case, Mrs. Knox would be better suited to keep lookout at the van? I expect you would be better able to sense any vampires or ghouls that might have their own flavour of stealth than the rest of us?"
He frowned and glanced Daisy, "As a contingency for assailants... could your nanites synthesize sheet metal from someone's pants and shirt? I'm not suggesting to armour up, but to lock any interested parties' joints into place with, well, bits of pipe where cloth should be."
He smirked at Adley, "I think you needed that."
He gave Kristina a wry grin, "Stagnant frustration... Now that does sound a bit familiar, actually. Do you know if the Node has a cousin who worked as a teacher in the eighties in England?"
He frowned, "Hum, I thought 'ghoul' was an Arabic word... Ah, well, probably a common root from the Persian empire or thereabouts..."
He smiled thinly, "I seem to remember reassuring miss Jarden i didn't see a thing... But yes, an important lesson learned in visual association."
He sighed at Adjan, "Well, if I couldn't joke about it, I just might despair a little... I do believe it's the very stereotypical British and Irish response to something like that; to make morbid quips about whatever we just survived. Different cultures, different reactions, I suppose. A Rabbi I met commented on how most Jewish observances can be summed up as 'They tried to kill us. They failed. Let us eat.' Which, I suppose, is a reasonably healthy way to look at it."

((OOC: Hum, sounds like you might enjoy a sample of my mead, then - no processed sugar, and a hint of cocoa. Smile ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:53 am

Lead the way Tane said and followed. He didn't unseat his sword, but he was prepared nonetheless to face anything that might come their way
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:59 am

Colin smiled to Adjan, "We're all in a shield wall formation... None of us have the time to look after ourselves while we look out for the one at our side. We all trust that the fellow on our other side keeps us safe. And so the line goes unbroken so long as we can all hold together..."

"You are right about that, we are all to concerned about looking after one another that we have little time to do the same for ourselves."
Adjan agreed and sigh.
"I guess we are all guilty of that."

He frowned, "Yes, we should probably refuel first, just in case."

"Or one of us can take the car and have it refueled once we have delivered the vampire wherever we are taking him, so we do not use time on that now, which reminds me...where exactly are we taking him?"
Kristina said.
"I can take the car and refuel it after we are done here if you like."
Cara offered.

He gave Cara a small grin, "Actually, tapping out a Qlippothic ward is not so hard; the one at the vampire's apartment earlier today was simple enough to drain. Managed to fuel a decent shield with it, too. Of course, I couldn't have done it safely if not for the help of an ex-Technocrat cyborg who agreed to help us save a child; he rather needed to poke at it first, so I could get at the ample but disgusting quintessence inside... Thank God I didn't have to process it through myself, though..."

Cara raised an eyebrow.
"You created a shield with the energies from a Qlippothic spell...how on earth did you manage not to send that Quintessence through your own system?"
The Criamon asked.
"A rouge Cyborg eh...interesting."
She muttered and Daisy nodded.
"I have known of his presence for a while now, though I have not contacted him, he do not seam to be a threat to the Traditions so I thought the best thing was to let him be, but I could feel him out there."
She commented.

[quoteHe pondered, "Perhaps, just in case, Mrs. Knox would be better suited to keep lookout at the van? I expect you would be better able to sense any vampires or ghouls that might have their own flavour of stealth than the rest of us?"][/quote]

"Well I know their Resonance rather intimately well, then again I also know how to fight them."
Kristina said and Cara shook her head.
"No Mr Wainwright is right, you should keep a lookout Krissy, you are our healer, it would not be wise to bring our healer into the thick of things, if we get injured you can patch us up, but not so much the other way around."
The Criamon said and Kristina nodded.
"I guess that makes sense."
She agreed hesitantly not so eager to let others go into danger while she stayed a lookout.

He frowned and glanced Daisy, "As a contingency for assailants... could your nanites synthesize sheet metal from someone's pants and shirt? I'm not suggesting to armour up, but to lock any interested parties' joints into place with, well, bits of pipe where cloth should be."

Daisy nodded.
"Yes they have such capabilities Mr Wainwright however it takes a little time for my nanites to synthesize something so it might not be the most efficient maneuver in combat, it might take them oh 30 seconds to a full minute to do so depending on the material quality of the target's clothing."

He gave Kristina a wry grin, "Stagnant frustration... Now that does sound a bit familiar, actually. Do you know if the Node has a cousin who worked as a teacher in the eighties in England?"

Kristina gave a laugh at that.
"Well it could be the spiritual representation of someone."
She muttered.

He frowned, "Hum, I thought 'ghoul' was an Arabic word... Ah, well, probably a common root from the Persian empire or thereabouts..."

"Well they where believed to be impure women turned into a sort of desert demon, who ate corpses and had no qualms about creating the corpses themselves. Think if you cross a succubus with a zombie."
Cara explained.
"They might even exist for all I know, everything else seams to."

He smiled thinly, "I seem to remember reassuring miss Jarden i didn't see a thing... But yes, an important lesson learned in visual association."

Kristina nodded at that.

He sighed at Adjan, "Well, if I couldn't joke about it, I just might despair a little... I do believe it's the very stereotypical British and Irish response to something like that; to make morbid quips about whatever we just survived. Different cultures, different reactions, I suppose. A Rabbi I met commented on how most Jewish observances can be summed up as 'They tried to kill us. They failed. Let us eat.' Which, I suppose, is a reasonably healthy way to look at it."

"I understand morbid humor Colin...I am Euthanatos."
Adjan said and sigh.
"It is more that when it comes to Avatars...none of us want to think about the possibility of that happening to us and with all that have happened lately...and especially for those of us from Steelhaven with what happened a few days ago...well it is terrifying."
The death magus said softly.

(OOC: Oh I might at that. I usually do not drink alcohol but I might indeed enjoy that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:02 am

Alessa nodded and lead the way through the trailer park, you see two young women out walking and another woman out walking her little brown dog, there is a feeling of hopelessness about this place though, stagnation. You get to a gray trailer that had police tape covering the doors.
"This is where the rat lived."
The Ananasi announced. Suddenly you hear someone rummaging around inside of the trailer. Alessa immediately get alert and put her hand in her purse and looks at you.
"Someone is in there."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:27 am

"I understand, and I appreciate your concern my friend, but you do not have to do it all, and yes I know there will be other fights, this will not be easy...none of it will be easy, but we have to share the burden if we are going to survive this."

"I promise I'm not trying to do it all."

The Euthanatos said as he accepted a pair of gloves. "So at least let us worry for your well being, as you worry for us?"

He gave a wry grin. "That I think I can manage."

"I am trying, there just happens to be an enormous amount of shit to deal with...so I am quite grateful we are all together to deal with it."

"I can take care of that." Adjan said and fished out his dice. "Mr Wainwright did teach me his rote after all and I can probably add a bit of my own, just making it less of a chance that someone see the van or rather that they will not notice it when they see it."

"Good, thank you."

"Gas to be filled I am sure that can be arranged but not while we have a vampire prisoner in the car...that could get awkward very quickly."
Kristina said as she took a turn to the left and drove towards the more suburban areas of the city.

"Definitely not with a vampire or anyone possibly after us, no."

"Or one of us can take the car and have it refueled once we have delivered the vampire wherever we are taking him, so we do not use time on that now, which reminds me...where exactly are we taking him?"Kristina said.

"If the plan goes to the best possible path, we won't be taking him very far personally. Mr Harris will. Another reason why he needs to stay staked. Remember how I was asking you earlier about possible plans for afterwards?"

"I can take the car and refuel it after we are done here if you like." Cara offered

"Pardon me for being a mother hen, but none of us should do anything alone right now. Though if we need to deal with gas after, we'll talk about that after...and I do thank you for offering. Somehow I'm pretty sure the chief would rather the car have no gas than any of us harmed. I know I do."

"Tass Mr Roth Hicks, well that is always useful...I can set my little friends to make little bags of the shirt, inside a car with no sleeper eyes to see that should be fine. Gravel you say, it is from the construction site Node then, it surprise med that Morningstar and Lavender managed to agree about it, but it is a good surprise."

"That would help. It's more that I needed it to be portioned out equally into drams and I haven't had a good look at it yet, I'm afraid. Once we see how much we have we can split it." Then he nodded as everyone said they were set for ammo and their relative skills with the gun.

"Hum...so we need to examine the wards and deal with them then keep a look out while you summon these spirits you speak about and guard them while they do the job and the vampire are teleported out?" Cara asked. "That sounds...like a good plan actually, we can do this."

"Basically. If we can get a hole in the ward that's enough for them to maneuver, we'll be doing good."

He raised a hand, "I know how to use a rifle of any kind - not remarkably skilled, I'll admit, but I have received basic instructions in all types of personal firearms, though i prefer semiautomatic pistols. What sort of rifle is it, specifically? Assault rifle or hunting rifle?"

"I guess it's you or I then." He opened the bag to check the exact model on the gun.*

Cara frowned. "So we are taking down a Qlippothic ward...now that...sounds like fun." She muttered

"That is my guess, though it could be something else. It's the big unknown."

He frowned. "I think it rather depends what kind of ward it is...I wouldn't get cocky about it even if it has been very useful so far, and an adaptable rote."

"Perhaps one or two of us should stay outside of the tunnel and keep an eye out in case our enemies decide to try to corner our group from behind and trap us down there." Cara suggested. Adjan nodded at that. "Hum...yes that might be wise and those we place as lookouts can also keep an eye on the van in case someone try to be funny with it." He commented.

"Lookouts and backup would be helpful, yes."

"Anything that is not fire is a go...vampires have a spirit inside of them, a predator spirit that give them extreme self preservation drives so anything that can kill them drive them into wild panics, however force fields, air walls and well any magickal attack that would not reduce a vampire's body to nothing are fair game, well as far as not terrifying the prisoner is concerned, there is still Paradox to worry about."Kristina said.

"As always that particular sword of Damocles hangs over us," he said, as she spoke about paradox.

"We can have a vacation in the hellish world they plan for us...next stop Oblivion." Adjan joked with a wry grin.

"Not an option," he said, shaking his head.

"The Node in question are Dynamic and Static as Krissy says, I can examine how many drams it is if you like though Mr Roth Hicks."
Cara offered.

"Thank you. And yes, they seem to have come to an accord. Hence the strict direction on using it, not that I would imagine anyone here would think they're party favors."

He smirked at Adley, "I think you needed that."

"What, to laugh at an inappropriate pun right before a fight?" He tilted his head. "Yes, probably I did."

"Don't get me started..." he warned.

//*what kind is it?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:43 am

Colin smiled thinly, "It's not something to be guilty of, nor was it meant as chastisement. It's why the Air Force has wingmen and copilots, as well - so we can keep up the focus on protecting someone else instead of careening recklessly into battle only to go down in a burst of flame because nobody spotted the lurking threat."
He scratched his cheek, "I'll allow, the system isn't perfect, and surprises still happen, but if everyone looks out for number one first, rather than being their brother's keeper, well, that's no way to win wars or battles..."
He smiled to Cara, "It's a surprisingly simple trick, actually - I sort of instinctively realized how to do it this morning, and managed to use it to drain off a substantial amount of quintessence from a Ball of Abysmal Flame to assist another far older and more skilled Mage than myself... The core of the trick is that I make sort of a magical proxy to channel the quintessence into a spell - a funnel, if you like. Unfortunately, I can't set that quintessence aside, I have to fuel it directly into something - right now, that pretty much limits itself to a blade of primal fire or something similar as a relatively safe expression of that energy - and it looks fifty shades of disgusting as it goes on. I suppose I could try to create some luck for us all, but it would be heavily resonated as such, and I don't think we want that sort of luck bouncing about... But as Adley pointed out, it depends on the ward's nature to some extent. If it's a ward with a quintessence reserve for harming anyone who tampers with it, I can drain it quite easily. If it's a ward which just functions as an alarm when it goes... not so much, I fear..."
He nodded to Daisy, "He's a good man, though I suspect he's left the city by now. Maybe, just maybe, he's gone off to be a small-time hero on his own, helping people out along the way... I'd like to think that's what he's doing, at least."
He smiled apologetically at Kristina, "Look at it this way - I doubt the vampires or ghouls can get into the storm drain except through the manhole, which means you would likely be the best of us to keep an eye on the entrance to reduce the chance of us having to fight our way out of there in the first place. It's not about you being the healer, it's about you being the best scout or spotter."
He nodded to Daisy, "Right, something to consider if we have, er, live captures, then, since we can't bring home prisoners..."
He nodded to Adjan, "I know what you mean... I never want to see that spell again in any form... Well, I might not have that luxury, but I'll do what I can..."

((OOC: Well, then, I have a few bottles left here, plus a ten-liter can yet to be bottled. I'm sure something could be arranged. Smile ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:24 am

"I promise I'm not trying to do it all."

Adjan nodded but he was clearly not completely sure that he believed that one.

He gave a wry grin. "That I think I can manage."

"You have a deal then."
Adjan said and grinned.

"I am trying, there just happens to be an enormous amount of shit to deal with...so I am quite grateful we are all together to deal with it."

Adjan nodded at that.
"Yeah the Fallen have really stirred things up for us have they not."
He muttered.

"Good, thank you."

Adjan gave you a smile then focused on the rotes he was casting for a little while.

"Definitely not with a vampire or anyone possibly after us, no."

"No I do feel a very bad scene from a horror movie could happen from that one."
The young Verbena said and grinned.

"If the plan goes to the best possible path, we won't be taking him very far personally. Mr Harris will. Another reason why he needs to stay staked. Remember how I was asking you earlier about possible plans for afterwards?"

"Hum...my husband have agreed to take him in for now. However if I am taking him through the Umbra to France I would prefer if he could walk himself or things would get rather awkward as navigating the spirit world while carrying a staked vampire is not the easiest task."
Kristina said and sigh.
"Are we taking him anywhere before I bring him home with me?"

"Pardon me for being a mother hen, but none of us should do anything alone right now. Though if we need to deal with gas after, we'll talk about that after...and I do thank you for offering. Somehow I'm pretty sure the chief would rather the car have no gas than any of us harmed. I know I do."

"I know he would not want any of us harmed and if me filling gas becomes the plan I will take someone with me."
Cara said and gave you a smile.
"And thank you for your concern Mr Roth Hicks..."

"That would help. It's more that I needed it to be portioned out equally into drams and I haven't had a good look at it yet, I'm afraid. Once we see how much we have we can split it." Then he nodded as everyone said they were set for ammo and their relative skills with the gun.

"One moment to let me program sachets then...met me find a picture of one...ah here we go."
Daisy said she took the old shirt and showed it into the sleeve of her lace robe and then started pulling out little satin bags with draw strings, she handed the bags to you a bit nervously to get to close.
"Will these do Mr Roth Hicks?"

"Basically. If we can get a hole in the ward that's enough for them to maneuver, we'll be doing good."

"It depends on the wards then Mr Roth Hicks, not all wards can be punctured many of them are a all or nothing kind of deal."
Daisy commented and Cara nodded at that.
"We are going to have to see when we have them before us."

"I guess it's you or I then." He opened the bag to check the exact model on the gun.*

It is an AK-101.

"That is my guess, though it could be something else. It's the big unknown."

"I see, I guess we will find out."
Cara muttered a bit nervously.

"Lookouts and backup would be helpful, yes."

"So that means I will be the lookout then as Mr Wainwright suggested?"

Kristina asked.

"As always that particular sword of Damocles hangs over us," he said, as she spoke about paradox.

"What can you do, reality doesn't like us very much."
Adjan said as he finished one of his rotes.
"All right Colin's scrambling rote should be up meaning that getting a call through might be hard, and so will any connections to the internet anyone might have on their phones."
He declared as he prepared to work the second rote.
"I noticed that Mr Terach."
Daisy commented.
"Ah...ehm sorry you will still be fine right Deaconess Darnell."
"Yes Mr Terach I will be fine."

"Not an option," he said, shaking his head.

"So no Nephandi vacation then."
Adjan joked with a grin.

"Thank you. And yes, they seem to have come to an accord. Hence the strict direction on using it, not that I would imagine anyone here would think they're party favors."

Cara nodded she begun to cast a rote her hand gestures where modern Hermetic while her words where Arabic, that would make sense though as House Criamon had their roots in Sifuism. After a short while of chanting Cara widens her eyes.
"There are twenty five drams of Tass in that bag."
She mutters, which mean you where holding a small fortune in your hands.

"Don't get me started..." he warned.

"I think he might be a linguist..."
Kristina muttered to Cara and the Criamon smiled.
"Hermetics often are."
She muttered back.

Colin smiled thinly, "It's not something to be guilty of, nor was it meant as chastisement. It's why the Air Force has wingmen and copilots, as well - so we can keep up the focus on protecting someone else instead of careening recklessly into battle only to go down in a burst of flame because nobody spotted the lurking threat."

"Well it is a sensible system, when it works."
Adjan commented.

He scratched his cheek, "I'll allow, the system isn't perfect, and surprises still happen, but if everyone looks out for number one first, rather than being their brother's keeper, well, that's no way to win wars or battles..."

"Very true Mr Wainwright."
Daisy commented.

He smiled to Cara, "It's a surprisingly simple trick, actually - I sort of instinctively realized how to do it this morning, and managed to use it to drain off a substantial amount of quintessence from a Ball of Abysmal Flame to assist another far older and more skilled Mage than myself... The core of the trick is that I make sort of a magical proxy to channel the quintessence into a spell - a funnel, if you like. Unfortunately, I can't set that quintessence aside, I have to fuel it directly into something - right now, that pretty much limits itself to a blade of primal fire or something similar as a relatively safe expression of that energy - and it looks fifty shades of disgusting as it goes on. I suppose I could try to create some luck for us all, but it would be heavily resonated as such, and I don't think we want that sort of luck bouncing about... But as Adley pointed out, it depends on the ward's nature to some extent. If it's a ward with a quintessence reserve for harming anyone who tampers with it, I can drain it quite easily. If it's a ward which just functions as an alarm when it goes... not so much, I fear..."

"That is quite a fascinating way to do it Mr Wainwright."
Cara said and looked impressed.
"Very creative, but no, I do not think I would want that kind of Resonance on a luck rote no, or I might be lucky enough to find a serial killer that fancy me."
She said then she nodded.
"We are going to have to see what kind of ward it is then."

He nodded to Daisy, "He's a good man, though I suspect he's left the city by now. Maybe, just maybe, he's gone off to be a small-time hero on his own, helping people out along the way... I'd like to think that's what he's doing, at least."

Daisy nodded.
"It would be nice if that is what he is doing. I fear the Union will hound him night and day though, they certainly have me."
She said sadly.

He smiled apologetically at Kristina, "Look at it this way - I doubt the vampires or ghouls can get into the storm drain except through the manhole, which means you would likely be the best of us to keep an eye on the entrance to reduce the chance of us having to fight our way out of there in the first place. It's not about you being the healer, it's about you being the best scout or spotter."

"Hum...you may be right Mr Wainwright...it is just...well my husband tend to ask me to stay behind in difficult situations as well he points out that he is far more durable than me, which is true, but I am actually a rather capable war mage."
Kristina commented.
"But fine I can be the lookout."

He nodded to Daisy, "Right, something to consider if we have, er, live captures, then, since we can't bring home prisoners..."

Daisy nodded at that.
"Yes though if we capture any Nephandi I guess we have to bring them with us. Vampires though we can leave alone as soon as they can not fight us anymore I say."

He nodded to Adjan, "I know what you mean... I never want to see that spell again in any form... Well, I might not have that luxury, but I'll do what I can..."

"Well perhaps on Lisa Larson and Abigail...though I would not particularly want to see it done, nor do I agree with Horizon making a spectator sport out of it, but those two might deserve it."
Adjan said grimly.

(OOC: That would be nice. Perhaps I can finally return that book I borrowed years ago as well. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Colin grimaced, "Horror movie, right... And of course it would be one of those dime-a-dozen jump scare movies that've become so popular. Granted, I'll take a surprise over Lovecraftian horror or Hitchcock any day of the week..."
He glanced around the van, "Presumably, we'll have to take the fellow to a relatively safe location for unstaking, then. Wouldn't do to risk bloodying up Mirri's van."
He glanced at the rifle, "Ah, Russian by the looks of it... Not a specific model I am familiar with, but frankly, they're all built on the same template to some extent. Looks a bit light for 7.62mm, so... 5.45mm?"
He grinned, "Reality may disapprove of us, but it hates the Nephandi... On a spell-for-spell basis, I think we'll come out ahead. But let's avoid irritating Reality more than we absolutely have to nonetheless."
He glanced over at Daisy, "Well, that at least confirms that part of the rote's functionality... I wasn't completely certain of it."
He smirked at Adley, "It's worse than that, ladies. He's a college professor."
He nodded to Cara, "The rote is a very functional... metamagical effect, I suppose you could say. In and of itself, it doesn't do anything but shift quintessence from one place to another - even from tass - but it doesn't allow me to reserve any of it for later. Theoretically, I could run a Node dry over time without needing to keep watch over it, but it would be immensely obvious, and subsequently unpleasant. Still, it does allow me to weaponize Qlippothic tass in a reasonably safe manner."
He smiled sadly to Daisy, "I'm not too optimistic about his chances in the long run... but he seemed troubled about his past. I would like to think he makes some good efforts to balance his ledger, in a manner of speaking."
He grinned to Kristina, "Consider it this way - we would want a highly combat capable lookout for this one. We don't want a huge surprising fight in a dark, confined space; if the fight does come to us while we're there, though, we ought to be able to form a decent anvil to your hammer. Just make sure you give us a warning before any assailants come down."
He frowned at Adjan, "Perhaps, just perhaps the spectator sport aspect will generate enough outcry against the whole damnable ritual in time... But yes, it might be the only appropriate response to individuals as villainous as those two."

((OOC: Ah, wishful thinking. Wink And I'm still pretty sure I lent you two books, one red with various spells and such, and... Does this look familiar? https://www.amazon.com/Creating-Magical-Tools-Magicians-Craft/dp/1567181422/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1473683888&sr=8-4&keywords=magical+tools ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:18 pm

Behind me. HE said holding the sword in a protective stance, ready for anything, and for activating the sword's powers. He entered the trailer softly, trying to not anounce their presence to anyone that was around there.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:29 pm

Colin grimaced, "Horror movie, right... And of course it would be one of those dime-a-dozen jump scare movies that've become so popular. Granted, I'll take a surprise over Lovecraftian horror or Hitchcock any day of the week..."

"Well in a jump score flick you might be lucky and the thing making the noise is just a cat...in a Lovecraftian horror if the thing making the sound is a cat you better run, though it is doubtful to do you any good, but you can at least try."
Cara said with a bit of a grin.

He glanced around the van, "Presumably, we'll have to take the fellow to a relatively safe location for unstaking, then. Wouldn't do to risk bloodying up Mirri's van."

"We could rent a motel room, somewhere discreet and do it there."
Kristina suggested.
"That should give us privacy and no we would not want to mess up Miri's van if we want any more of her food, and I at least do."
She added with a bit of humor in her voice.
"I am less concerned with bloodying the car though then our guest ripping it to shreds if he is staked and have been poorly treated, his Beast, the predator consciousness inside of him will emerge and take over and that will not be pretty until he calms down."

He glanced at the rifle, "Ah, Russian by the looks of it... Not a specific model I am familiar with, but frankly, they're all built on the same template to some extent. Looks a bit light for 7.62mm, so... 5.45mm?"

"Yes I do think you are right, presumably the bullets Adley brought with him will be for the right weapon."
Adjan said after he finished his rote which obscured the van or rather made eyes accidentally miss it.
"We should be fairly obscured now, it felt like the rote went into effect fairly ok."
He declared.

He grinned, "Reality may disapprove of us, but it hates the Nephandi... On a spell-for-spell basis, I think we'll come out ahead. But let's avoid irritating Reality more than we absolutely have to nonetheless."

"Yes well if we where trading rotes with the Fallen they would explode from Dox before us Mr Wainwright, but if we are fighting vampires then the Consensus do not care much about their linear powers, so while they are less flexible than even a hedge wizard from what I am told, they can use their effects without the fear of Paradox which means we will need to take them out quickly and as deficiently as possible."
Cara said and Kristina nodded.
"Yes Kindred do not get Paradox though some argue their weaknesses is based on that, however they usually have to the energy gained from blood in their system to fuel their spells, think of it like fighting a Verbena blood witch, but once she run out of what blood she can safely use from her own body or well any nearby enemies to sacrifice that is it, no more magick...vampires run out of juice, literary, very quickly."
The young Verbena explained.

He glanced over at Daisy, "Well, that at least confirms that part of the rote's functionality... I wasn't completely certain of it."

Daisy nodded at that.

"Well now that is a honorable, though I expect also often frustrating profession."
Cara said and smiled. Kristina just gave a bit of a smirk.

He nodded to Cara, "The rote is a very functional... metamagical effect, I suppose you could say. In and of itself, it doesn't do anything but shift quintessence from one place to another - even from tass - but it doesn't allow me to reserve any of it for later. Theoretically, I could run a Node dry over time without needing to keep watch over it, but it would be immensely obvious, and subsequently unpleasant. Still, it does allow me to weaponize Qlippothic tass in a reasonably safe manner."

"Well leave it to an Orphan to come up with some ingenious way to do something in a completely new way."
Cara said and nodded.
"No offense intended off course Mr Wainwright."
She added.

He smiled sadly to Daisy, "I'm not too optimistic about his chances in the long run... but he seemed troubled about his past. I would like to think he makes some good efforts to balance his ledger, in a manner of speaking."

"I hope he is successful and I hope he manage to stay alive but no his chances are not the best."
Daisy said.
"Unless he joins a faction it is not easy for a mage of any kind to make it on one's own on the run."

He grinned to Kristina, "Consider it this way - we would want a highly combat capable lookout for this one. We don't want a huge surprising fight in a dark, confined space; if the fight does come to us while we're there, though, we ought to be able to form a decent anvil to your hammer. Just make sure you give us a warning before any assailants come down."

"Hum...well when you put it that way Mr Wainwright...I will do my best at least, hopefully I can stop anyone from sneaking up on the rest of you."
Kristina said and added a bit of a smile as she took another turn and left the main road for a side street.

He frowned at Adjan, "Perhaps, just perhaps the spectator sport aspect will generate enough outcry against the whole damnable ritual in time... But yes, it might be the only appropriate response to individuals as villainous as those two."

Adjan gave a nod and looked quite grim.
"Yes there are some souls dark enough to deserve it, however I would rather the whole ritual be done away with than it being used to hurt people like Bee."
He muttered.
"And perhaps we just are not wise nor just enough to even consider destroying a spiritual creature that none of us fully understand."
He muttered.
"Ah discussing Gilgul are we...ehm....lovely."
Kristina muttered a bit uneasy and Cara looked pale.

(OOC: I know I borrowed that book from someone, probably you then but I gave it back as I bought it and the companion book of Amazon shortly after I borrowed it. I will check my shelves just to be sure though as it is years ago and I might remember it wrong to be sure there are not two copies there. The other book I have that is yours however I know I have borrowed and I am fairly sure that is the only one I have but I will check to be sure.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:36 pm

Tane:

Alessa gave you a look when you told her to get behind you, she knew how to fight and protect herself but she obeyed, there was no time to argue about it.
"Be careful."
She muttered. As you join with the sword and feel it's spiritual powers the decay and despair around you feel even worse, it is as if the spirit of the trailer park where weeping for the people living their lives in poverty here.

You open the door to the trailer ducking under the police tape, it was not locked, you see a young woman with hair so blond it looked white stand by a table going through papers, the trailer itself was a mess, there where old tin cans that had contained beans on the counter and several dishes in need of washing, the table was filled with a notebook and several papers and the thin, white haired girl was going through it, when she sees you though she give a yelp of surprise and where a skinny young woman had stood moments before there where now a small, white rat, the type with fluffy fur that where sold in pet shops and the tiny animal tried to rush past you out of the trailer.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:31 pm

Colin grinned, "More importantly, such a jump scare is usually very corporeal, and can thus be avoided if you dodge the first attack. Sometimes even destroyed outright. If the horror doesn't need to rely on unbalancing its victim... those are the really dangerous ones."
He grimaced, "So, bathtub and some potent restraining magic, then?"
He nodded, "Well, let's hope whoever might attack is no more bulletproof than the rest of us, in any case... Simpler that way..."
He gave Cara a chuckle, "I feel I should respond with 'Leave it to a Tradition member to be surprised at innovation', but that might be considered a bit... smarmy, I suppose. No offense taken, of course. To be honest, though, I'm rather surprised nobody seems to have come up with the idea before."
He smiled to Kristina, "It only makes sense to have the most capable spotter and one of the strongest combatants waiting in the shadows in case someone tries something sneaky... Now, how can you give us a signal without revealing your position?"
He grumbled quietly, "And I'm not so sure that Avatars are so permanently destroyed, anyway."

((OOC: Yeah, thing is, I don't think I ever actually did get it back - you were supposed to bring it to RegnCon or something, and then you didn't attend... for a few years. Razz ))
((OOC2: Actually, Colin is wrong about the rifle caliber - but then, I don't think he would necessarily be informed of a Russian rifle made for NATO ammunition several years after he was honorably discharged. Smile ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Colin grinned, "More importantly, such a jump scare is usually very corporeal, and can thus be avoided if you dodge the first attack. Sometimes even destroyed outright. If the horror doesn't need to rely on unbalancing its victim... those are the really dangerous ones."

"Very true, then again the most effective horror tend to be the fear of the unknown and the alien, and Lovecraftian horror tend to be good at that."
The young Criamon said and smiles.

He grimaced, "So, bathtub and some potent restraining magic, then?"

"Modern bathtubs then to be rather frail, just using magick to restrain him to the floor is probably best Mr Wainwright and if you worry about blood flow then that generally is not an issue, vampires bleed a bit, but not much their hearts do not pump so just a towel on the floor under him should be able to catch what little will leak out as the stake is removed."
Kristina advised.

He nodded, "Well, let's hope whoever might attack is no more bulletproof than the rest of us, in any case... Simpler that way..."

"Well vampires are not bulletproof, not most of them at least, however they can take allot of damage before they are in serious trouble unlike living human beings."
The Verbena continued.

He gave Cara a chuckle, "I feel I should respond with 'Leave it to a Tradition member to be surprised at innovation', but that might be considered a bit... smarmy, I suppose. No offense taken, of course. To be honest, though, I'm rather surprised nobody seems to have come up with the idea before."

Cara gave a smile at that.
"Hum...well we have become rather stagnated in our ways, traditions and customs are a good thing, but when one can no longer see past them then at times we need someone not tied to them to create innovation, and the best inventions are often the ones that one have to wonder why no one have thought about before."

He smiled to Kristina, "It only makes sense to have the most capable spotter and one of the strongest combatants waiting in the shadows in case someone tries something sneaky... Now, how can you give us a signal without revealing your position?"

"You are a flatterer are you not Mr Wainwright. I have a feeling you can talk a stone into dancing for you."
Kristina said and grinned.
"Hum...I can affect minds...I can probably either change the mood down in the sewers give everyone there a burst of fear perhaps, or send a bug with a message, that should work, then again if I am busy fighting for my life magick might get a bit complicated."

He grumbled quietly, "And I'm not so sure that Avatars are so permanently destroyed, anyway."

"Hum...yes well you have mentioned your theory around Avatar shards Colin, I am not sure if that is a comfort...or truly horrifying."
Adley muttered and shuddered.

(OOC 1: I know that is the case for the red book I have now forgotten the title of, the ones with spells, every time I planned to go a place where you would be I ended up forgetting to bring it and since we only see one another at Regncon and I have not been for a few years it sort of ended up forgotten, sorry about that. The other one though is not on my list of things I have loaned or loaned out and I tend to keep reasonably good order in that, and it was always that red book I was kicking myself to remember the other one I never even thought of before you mentioned it. However I will check to be sure."

(OOC2: Well I have no idea about firearms so there Adjan know allot more than me, to me they are stricks that go boom. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Colin sighed, "So it is. The Case of Charles Dexter Ward still gives me the willies..."
He nodded to Kristina, "You are the expert. Best make sure it's a sturdy floor, then?"
He shrugged, "Still, I'm given to understand there are plenty of theorists who work on new applications of magic, while the methods are the more... stagnant parts of it all. But, I suppose most of the research is into higher-level spells rather than the tinkerings of Apprentices and Initiates."
He chuckled, "Well, I've been told I might get an audience with Joakim's stone knights - though I suspect the brothers might be a bit confused by such a bizarre request. Then there is that incident I vaguely remember, where I have an angry rock out to get me... An unusual Paradox incident at some point over the next twenty years, apparently..."
He gave Adjan a thin smile, "Probably both... Very probably both."

((OOC1: Quite alright - I've not actually needed it in the interim.))
((OOC2: Well, I'm none too familiar with the model, myself, but my Google Fu is strong, and tells me the AK-101 was built for western markets rather than Russian and neighboring areas. So, it's a Russian assault rifle built around the NATO 5.56mm ammunition. the Wikipedia article, it's a pretty decent weapon, too, and not too large and unwieldy, either. Smile ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Colin sighed, "So it is. The Case of Charles Dexter Ward still gives me the willies..."

Cara gave a bit of a grin about that.

He nodded to Kristina, "You are the expert. Best make sure it's a sturdy floor, then?"

"Well one where it do not matter if it get a few dents, but if someone is held tightly to the floor they will not get enough leverage to do to much damage no matter how strong they are, vampire tend to be more bound to the laws of physics than we are."
Kristina said.

He shrugged, "Still, I'm given to understand there are plenty of theorists who work on new applications of magic, while the methods are the more... stagnant parts of it all. But, I suppose most of the research is into higher-level spells rather than the tinkerings of Apprentices and Initiates."

"Indeed many work on developing new methods for magick all the time, and many are quite creative I did not mean the Traditions never discover anything new, only that sometimes Orphans have some good ideas no matter how overlooked and scorned they often are."
Cara explained.

He chuckled, "Well, I've been told I might get an audience with Joakim's stone knights - though I suspect the brothers might be a bit confused by such a bizarre request. Then there is that incident I vaguely remember, where I have an angry rock out to get me... An unusual Paradox incident at some point over the next twenty years, apparently..."

Cara and Adjan looked at you somewhat confused.
"Ehm...I see Mr Wainwright..."
The Criamon said politely.

"Yes indeed both."
The Euthanatos grumbled.
"Both horrifying and hopeful...yes that would be about right."

(OOC: Very well then I will go through my books, though that can take a bit of time as ehm...someone need to keep me out of bookstores. Razz )

(OOC 2: Wee...well then we have a basic idea for I just went down a list of modern weapons and picked one that looked cool. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:22 pm

He nodded to Cara, "And sometimes our somewhat reduced access to research resources means we are forced to come up with some peculiar logical shortcuts that surprise the daylights out of more thoroughly educated Mages who have always been taught a more elaborate way of achieving the same objective..."
He grinned at Cara and Adjan, "Sorry... Chief Joakim is allied with a pair of stone spirits of a knightly stature... I might be getting to speak with them shortly, but I probably won't ask them to dance. As for the angry rock incident... I've had a few visions of events some twenty years down the line. During one of those visions, I recalled suffering the implausible wrath of an ordinary stone after an extraordinary Paradox episode. I... don't recall the details of that, though - seems that's going to happen to me without any further warning at some point."

((OOC: It's been over ten years or so - I don't think it'll get any more urgent in the next ten. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:39 am

He nodded to Cara, "And sometimes our somewhat reduced access to research resources means we are forced to come up with some peculiar logical shortcuts that surprise the daylights out of more thoroughly educated Mages who have always been taught a more elaborate way of achieving the same objective..."

"Well need is the mother of ingenuity."
Cara said and nodded.
"I am not going to sit and say there is not a benefit to being spoiled with a powerful Mentor, books and the resources of a great Chantry it is. But I assume you will have had to think creatively to solve problems that just never came up for me."

He grinned at Cara and Adjan, "Sorry... Chief Joakim is allied with a pair of stone spirits of a knightly stature... I might be getting to speak with them shortly, but I probably won't ask them to dance. As for the angry rock incident... I've had a few visions of events some twenty years down the line. During one of those visions, I recalled suffering the implausible wrath of an ordinary stone after an extraordinary Paradox episode. I... don't recall the details of that, though - seems that's going to happen to me without any further warning at some point."

"Ah yes the Chief's Earth elementals, I have heard about them..no I doubt dancing is their specialty Mr Wainwright but you never know."
Cara said. Adjan gave a bit of a smile as well.
"Hum well I have heard about stranger Paradox backlashes, and far more destructive ones, though I am sure it was...ehm will be...gah...disturbing in it's own way."
The Euthanatos said and trying to wrap the English language around what you remembered happened in the future.

(OOC: One of the reasons why I now tend to only loan or lend out anything to those I see at least once a month, to avoid stress. I do feel bad about that book though I will either remember it, or give you money for a new one the next time I see you and I will look and see if I have the other book, but like I said my collection is a bit of a mess.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:56 am

He smiled to Cara, "I learned most from Fantasy novels. That sort of prose does occasionally offer some perspectives you won't find in the best of textbooks. Which again has provided me with a substantial number of hypotheses and theories that I can put to practical tests once I have the necessary power to do so - the day I unlock the secrets of manipulating physics will be... interesting."
He cackled softly at Adjan's frustration, "And now, my friend, you know precisely how frustrated I feel about that."

((OOC: In fairness, we did see each other far more often at the time.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:36 am

Adjan nodded but he was clearly not completely sure that he believed that one

"I'm really not. But some of this shit...well, I can't exactly hand over to someone else to deal with, let's just put it that way, shall I?"

"Hum...my husband have agreed to take him in for now. However if I am taking him through the Umbra to France I would prefer if he could walk himself or things would get rather awkward as navigating the spirit world while carrying a staked vampire is not the easiest task." Kristina said and sigh. "Are we taking him anywhere before I bring him home with me?"

"That depends on how long the best case scenario holds out. But no, taking a staked vampire through the Umbra would be dangerous, what with the Nephandi lurking about. So, best case scenario is we keep him confined for a while longer, and secure him away until the Nephandi no longer want to run him like a Duracell battery. He can be taken directly home with us in that state, or to a secondary site, where we can run through an arcane check to make sure he's not been traced. Though another location would be less protected and then we would end up having to expend energy protecting it...bit of a catch-22."*

"I just remembered that my contact thought one of the Sherrif's vampires would be there probably and that the house was taken care of by Marie and Don Wildbrocke, if that means anything to you. From within the place, there is only one entry down to the basement holding area which is via the kitchen. There is also a map of the layout, we can show you."

He glanced around the van, "Presumably, we'll have to take the fellow to a relatively safe location for unstaking, then. Wouldn't do to risk bloodying up Mirri's van." "We could rent a motel room, somewhere discreet and do it there." Kristina suggested. "That should give us privacy and no we would not want to mess up Miri's van if we want any more of her food, and I at least do." She added with a bit of humor in her voice. "I am less concerned with bloodying the car though then our guest ripping it to shreds if he is staked and have been poorly treated, his Beast, the predator consciousness inside of him will emerge and take over and that will not be pretty until he calms down."

"If we unstake him. Which I'm really not sure is the best thing to do unless we are short on other options. It might do well to remind you he's -very- old, old as in remember the good old days when the Tremere were a -House- old."

"One moment to let me program sachets then...met me find a picture of one...ah here we go."Daisy said she took the old shirt and showed it into the sleeve of her lace robe and then started pulling out little satin bags with draw strings, she handed the bags to you a bit nervously to get to close."Will these do Mr Roth Hicks?"

He looked surprised at how quick she turned a shirt into something useful and flashed her a grin. "I would most definitely give it a merit badge, if I were the scoutmaster. Thank you."

"It depends on the wards then Mr Roth Hicks, not all wards can be punctured many of them are a all or nothing kind of deal."
Daisy commented and Cara nodded at that. "We are going to have to see when we have them before us."

"We could not get more intel on them ahead of time, unfortunately other that they are there and not something that a Tremere was familiar with...it could be hedge magick or something else even stranger. I am concerned there will be something built in against tampering that might harm us. There was a Hagalaz barrabi in one of the labyrinths, just to put the level of my concern into some form."

Yes I do think you are right, presumably the bullets Adley brought with him will be for the right weapon." Adjan said after he finished his rote which obscured the van or rather made eyes accidentally miss it.

He grabbed the ammo for it and showed Colin.

"All right Colin's scrambling rote should be up meaning that getting a call through might be hard, and so will any connections to the internet anyone might have on their phones."

"Shit, I forgot it did that..." He frowned. "Looks like we're parking the car far enough away so that Mr Harris can get a lock..."

"So no Nephandi vacation then." Adjan joked with a grin.

Adley shook his head at him and glanced at him with conviction. "Absolutely not."

"There are twenty five drams of Tass in that bag." She mutters, which mean you where holding a small fortune in your hands.

Adley whistled. That was certainly the most tass he'd ever held in one lump sum. "Well, then...we can divvy it up equally or if someone thinks they need more for their task." It still boggled him that they let such an amount sit there, simply because they couldn't agree how to portion it, but at least they'd managed to do so now, when they did need it.

"I think he might be a linguist..." Kristina muttered to Cara and the Criamon smiled. "Hermetics often are."

"Oh, har har...everyone's a comedian."

"Well now that is a honorable, though I expect also often frustrating profession." Cara said and smiled. Kristina just gave a bit of a smirk

He gave her a wry smile.

"Hum...you may be right Mr Wainwright...it is just...well my husband tend to ask me to stay behind in difficult situations as well he points out that he is far more durable than me, which is true, but I am actually a rather capable war mage." Kristina commented. "But fine I can be the lookout."

"You are at that, and you were good to have when we needed you in the thick of things," he said. He wasn't sure if Freddy would have made it otherwise, had she not been so close.

"Your rote with the plants watching over was quite helpful, though I doubt the hedges will be able to rally for us. Though if there are nasty spirits, I have a banishing spell on me that I wouldn't want to unleash on them by accident."

As for the angry rock incident... I've had a few visions of events some twenty years down the line. During one of those visions, I recalled suffering the implausible wrath of an ordinary stone after an extraordinary Paradox episode. I... don't recall the details of that, though - seems that's going to happen to me without any further warning at some point."

He looked at the other mages in a way that said, 'See what I have to deal with?' "Time magicks..." he shook his head. "Useful, but they have very strange side effects."

e grumbled quietly, "And I'm not so sure that Avatars are so permanently destroyed, anyway."
"Hum...yes well you have mentioned your theory around Avatar shards Colin, I am not sure if that is a comfort...or truly horrifying."
Adley muttered and shuddered.
"Both horrifying and hopeful...yes that would be about right."

He frowned. "Horrifying. And painful. With devestating ramifications...though I suppose in certain rare circumstances, hopeful..."

"Ah discussing Gilgul are we...ehm....lovely." Kristina muttered a bit uneasy and Cara looked pale

"Yes, let's not for the moment we have enough to worry about." His avatar had enough to deal with already as well, without all of that brought back to the forefront. Not that it didn't matter, it most certainly did. But they had to get the mission done. "Alright, let's go over things from the top...at least we'll be on track for the first few minutes till shit hits the fan, proverbially. Hopefully not literally," he grimaced. "And one more thing, from what I've gathered the Nephandi we've encountered do not seem to find pain distracting. I suppose that should not be surprising, but what they find distracting is not what we find distracting...we talked about a guatlet prison but in the end have a banishing spell...it's a tricky thing to do in advance."

// Sorry for late reply, it took me a while to find out where the Chief said it was possible to bring Carmon back to Morningstar.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top