Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:18 am

OH! Wait, we're friends. We knew this wererat. Tne said as he saw the girl was another of the wererat's kind. We belive we know who killed him. He said maybe catching her interest as he seated his sword so that he would not look so menacing.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:55 am

He smiled to Cara, "I learned most from Fantasy novels. That sort of prose does occasionally offer some perspectives you won't find in the best of textbooks. Which again has provided me with a substantial number of hypotheses and theories that I can put to practical tests once I have the necessary power to do so - the day I unlock the secrets of manipulating physics will be... interesting."

"Many fantasy books have well thought out, functional Paradigms, once a person start to imagine that magick is real, even if it is just for a story they start to create magick, a fictional magickal system is no less real than one made for real application if you find it useful."
Cara said and smiled.
"It will be interesting indeed Mr Wainwright."

He cackled softly at Adjan's frustration, "And now, my friend, you know precisely how frustrated I feel about that."

"Yes indeed how do the Cultist manage."
The Euthanatos muttered.

"I'm really not. But some of this shit...well, I can't exactly hand over to someone else to deal with, let's just put it that way, shall I?"

"I admit it is some of it you have a...ehm special...connection to my friend, but everything else of it others can help you with, you do not need to carry the burden of all of this by yourself."
Adjan said softly.

"That depends on how long the best case scenario holds out. But no, taking a staked vampire through the Umbra would be dangerous, what with the Nephandi lurking about. So, best case scenario is we keep him confined for a while longer, and secure him away until the Nephandi no longer want to run him like a Duracell battery. He can be taken directly home with us in that state, or to a secondary site, where we can run through an arcane check to make sure he's not been traced. Though another location would be less protected and then we would end up having to expend energy protecting it...bit of a catch-22."*

"I was more thinking he would be heavy and impractical to carry, but yeah there is the Nephandi lurking about as well, that is also an issue with taking a staked vampire through the Umbra."
Kristina said then she frowned.
"So we are keeping him in that state? You know chances are that he will then view us as another enemy hurting him and he would sort of be right, one thing is keeping him staked until we can get somewhere where he can be safely released but if we keep him prisoner until this whole situation with the Nephandi is dealt with...we will be causing him a fair amount of pain just by keeping him staked."
She protested.
"Also if we hope to get information from him, unless he know telepathy, which given his Clan and his age is somewhat likely that he do, communicating with a staked vampire is slow going as you really only have eye movements to go by, and he might not be to inclined to cooperate with someone keeping him like that."
The young Verbena continued.
"Now as for checking him for tracing magick I say we do that in the car and then give the car itself a good banishing once we are done just to be sure."

"I just remembered that my contact thought one of the Sherrif's vampires would be there probably and that the house was taken care of by Marie and Don Wildbrocke, if that means anything to you. From within the place, there is only one entry down to the basement holding area which is via the kitchen. There is also a map of the layout, we can show you."

"The map will be useful, I have never been a prisoner of the Prince so I have never been in this villa before. I vaguely know the Wildbrooke couple they are ghouls belonging to Prince Lodin, as for one of the Sherif's men...expect someone mean and brutal then, that bloody Brujah is a psychopath."
Kristina said and frowned again.

"If we unstake him. Which I'm really not sure is the best thing to do unless we are short on other options. It might do well to remind you he's -very- old, old as in remember the good old days when the Tremere were a -House- old."

"He was a mage once then...poor thing."
Cara muttered in a compassionate but terrified tone of voice.
"Yes I think he was...he is also quite powerful both as a vampire and with their hedge magic, I mean with a Tremere that is how we have to treat the situation as if we are dealing with a powerful old linear mage that have been injured. Imagine the Chief on a very bad day."
Kristina said frowning a bit at the though of House Tremere at that time period which was understandable given her lineage. Cara though looked a bit more hesitant.
"Oh...that could be bad...and yet should we really hold the poor man captive? It is not like if he have hurt us or anything"

He looked surprised at how quick she turned a shirt into something useful and flashed her a grin. "I would most definitely give it a merit badge, if I were the scoutmaster. Thank you."

"I was always better at Matter than my Tradition's signature Sphere and my little friends are most efficient...thank you Mr Roth Hicks I am glad you like the bags."
Daisy said sounding quite pleased.

"We could not get more intel on them ahead of time, unfortunately other that they are there and not something that a Tremere was familiar with...it could be hedge magick or something else even stranger. I am concerned there will be something built in against tampering that might harm us. There was a Hagalaz barrabi in one of the labyrinths, just to put the level of my concern into some form."

"The Tremere are fairly good at detecting magick...that increase the likelihood this is something the Nephandi have set up with that reality destroying magick of theirs."
Kristina muttered then Cara's eyes widened.
"A Hagalaz, that are that sub group of the Cult of Ecstasy that work with old Norse magick systems and as my brother would put it think everything is a tower defense game, well now that is just brilliant, we are so dead."
The Criamon muttered.
"You should all let me test the wards first, a hostile effect built in to one of them are not likely to harm me much."
Daisy said then she added a bit more sadly and bitterly.
"I was built to withstand magick after all."

"Shit, I forgot it did that..." He frowned. "Looks like we're parking the car far enough away so that Mr Harris can get a lock..."

"I can take the effect down if you think my own Entropic wards are enough of a cover if the scrambling rote is to impractical."

Adley shook his head at him and glanced at him with conviction. "Absolutely not."

"Probably the best then I hear Nephandic vacations are ehm...nothing...to write home about."
Adjan said with a bit of a grin.
"Yes a terrible joke I know I am Euthanatos I was not initiated for my sense of humor."

Adley whistled. That was certainly the most tass he'd ever held in one lump sum. "Well, then...we can divvy it up equally or if someone thinks they need more for their task." It still boggled him that they let such an amount sit there, simply because they couldn't agree how to portion it, but at least they'd managed to do so now, when they did need it.

"I will not need much as my job is to be a shield for the rest of you and pierce the wards so Mr Wainwright can deal with them, whoever is providing cover though and whoever with deal with banishings if the wards can not just be drained should have quite a bit."
Daisy suggested.
"Equally then but with perhaps Colin and Miss Williis and yourself Adley having a little more, I can banish as well but might be better spent protecting the rest of you while you work."
Adjan said as he looked at the bag of Tass.
"And that is quite a fortune and if the Resonance is balanced as well...damn..."
He muttered.

"Oh, har har...everyone's a comedian."

"Well just wait until you take an apprentice, a young mage completely dependent on you for their survival that frustratingly will not listen to a word you have to say."
Cara said whit a bit of a smirk.
"At least collage students do not come to you with Paradox wounds."

"You are at that, and you were good to have when we needed you in the thick of things," he said. He wasn't sure if Freddy would have made it otherwise, had she not been so close.

Kristina gave you a bit of a grateful nod at that.

"Your rote with the plants watching over was quite helpful, though I doubt the hedges will be able to rally for us. Though if there are nasty spirits, I have a banishing spell on me that I wouldn't want to unleash on them by accident."

"Thank you Adley, my rote with getting plants to watch out for us though was communicating with the plant consciousness not with their spirits as such, even plants have a mind you know, even if it is vastly different than ours."
Kristina said and then she paused for a while before she grinned.
"And yes that means the stereotype is true, Verbena really do talk with trees."

He looked at the other mages in a way that said, 'See what I have to deal with?' "Time magicks..." he shook his head. "Useful, but they have very strange side effects."

Kristina smirked.
"Well I have a Cultist in my Cabal so yeah I know the issue, she is not that much for Time Magick though but her Mentor is one hell of a Time mage."
She said. Daisy said nothing though Cara giggled.

He frowned. "Horrifying. And painful. With devestating ramifications...though I suppose in certain rare circumstances, hopeful..."

"Hum...what worried me is that if there are such Avatar splinters out there, and they converge in the Umbra and there is enough of them and some calamity stir them up...well then Umbral travel would not be...comfortable nor safe."
Adjan muttered sounding quite worried.
"Not that is some nightmare fuel..."
He muttered to himself.

"Yes, let's not for the moment we have enough to worry about." His avatar had enough to deal with already as well, without all of that brought back to the forefront.

"I vote with the Flambeau...talk of Gilgul just make me...nauseous it is a rather morbid topic for discussion anyway."
Cara said she looked a little pale.
"Ehm...yeah...sorry about that Miss Willis."
Adjan muttered apologetically.

"Alright, let's go over things from the top...at least we'll be on track for the first few minutes till shit hits the fan, proverbially. Hopefully not literally," he grimaced.

"Well you never know, but I think flying waste is one of the least things we have to worry about..."
The Euthanatos commented.

"And one more thing, from what I've gathered the Nephandi we've encountered do not seem to find pain distracting. I suppose that should not be surprising, but what they find distracting is not what we find distracting...we talked about a guatlet prison but in the end have a banishing spell...it's a tricky thing to do in advance."

"They could be trained to withstand pain, I know some of your own House Mr Roth Hicks and also some Akashics do that."
Daisy said. Adjan nodded about the Gauntlet prison.
"Very well, so what we do is we park the car, Mrs Knox stay behind as a lookout and guard the rest of us go down into the storm drain, we incapacitate anyone there, Deaconess Darnell and Colin take out the wards while the rest of us keep them safe and then we try to have your new friends tag the vampire or bring him through the rock to us, if that do not work Master Harris teleport him out and we hightail it out of there...if all go well, if things do not go well we have to get into the villa itself somehow, and getting though the wall in the storm drain is probably the safest way to do that."
Adjan said and ticked points of the plan of on his fingers.

(OOC: That we did, I really need to start going to Regncon again.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:00 am

Tane:

The little white rat stopped as you spoke to her and she hesitated for a moment, frightened she chittered at you for a while then ran retook human form though she sort of skirted away from you, clearly not sure if she could trust you and Alessa.
"You know who killed Bobby...?"
She asked softly, she was pretty in her human form, small with a cute face and blue eyes and all of that white hair.
"Who did it?"
She demanded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:50 am

Colin nodded to Adley, "If we unstake him. Someone will have to at some point, but I guess I would prefer not being present for that..."
He grimaced, "Bloody Hell, I almost forgot that - our own traitor's apartment had some wards presumably placed by the Fallen Hagalaz... One of them, I couldn't make out the nature of it, but I think the ones set to dismantle it called it 'Reap the Man Body'... Worst case scenario, the same trap is at the cell. I should be able to recognize it, if that is the case, even if I can't safely trip it..."
He picked a round out of the magazine and frowned at it, "...This is NATO ammunition. Why is a Russian assault rifle built around... Ah, no matter - I doubt Chief Joakim would give you the wrong ammunition for it."
He shook his head, "I have some of of the Nephandic guk on me yet, and my personal reserves are quite pleasantly topped up - I'd rather not take any spare tass right now; it's not like what I'll be doing will require much quintessence anyway. Perhaps if I need a little extra later. For now, it might be more prudent for you to have a good share of it, at least, to call up the brothers."
He nodded, "Enough about that ritual, I agree - we'll weather one storm at a time. And yes, it would appear the Nephandi aren't greatly bothered by mere physical pain. Crippling injury seems to work, though, but more due to actual damage than pain. I suppose an overwhelming sense of peace might be an effective distraction to them, though, or perhaps a pile of adorable kittens or something... but except as an illusion, throwing kittens at the Fallen are out of the question."
He smiled to Cara, "The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense..."
He shook his head, "We're not dead... We know there's a trap, and we do know of a few things to look for, and we have - sorry, Deaconess - the best lightning rod we can get. I'd say we have the best chances in town of getting past the trap, even if we have to trigger it."
He glanced meaningfully from Adley to Cara, "I wouldn't be quite so sure college students don't come with Paradox injuries... A rarer occurrence, perhaps, but hardly a completely implausible one..."

((OOC: Yes, you do. Fair warning, though - there's a LOT of young people there these days; it wasn't that pronounced just ten years ago... Oh, wait... Wink Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:15 pm

Colin nodded to Adley, "If we unstake him. Someone will have to at some point, but I guess I would prefer not being present for that..."

"Yes it can become rather gruesome, I can understand not wanting to be there Mr Wainwright."
Kristina said from the driver's seat.

He grimaced, "Bloody Hell, I almost forgot that - our own traitor's apartment had some wards presumably placed by the Fallen Hagalaz... One of them, I couldn't make out the nature of it, but I think the ones set to dismantle it called it 'Reap the Man Body'... Worst case scenario, the same trap is at the cell. I should be able to recognize it, if that is the case, even if I can't safely trip it..."

"Rip the man body, yes it is a Life based combat rote mostly used by the Verbena and the Euthanatos, it destroy the life patterns of the victim, making them fall dead to the floor with no mark on their body, most Verbena Disciples learn it."
Kristina commented.
"However putting that into a booby trap sounds rather nasty. That the Nephandi have a Hagalaz complicates things."
She continued and Daisy nodded.
"I should be able to withstand the effect I hope, if there are traps there I mean, but of course even Primium have it's limits."

He picked a round out of the magazine and frowned at it, "...This is NATO ammunition. Why is a Russian assault rifle built around... Ah, no matter - I doubt Chief Joakim would give you the wrong ammunition for it."

"I know little about the weapon I think it was a gift from a representative from a Russian Chantry that came to negotiate with Morningstar a while back, no the Chief have probably given you the right ammunition."
The Verbena healer said.

He nodded, "Enough about that ritual, I agree - we'll weather one storm at a time.

Adjan nodded at that and Cara looked relieved.

And yes, it would appear the Nephandi aren't greatly bothered by mere physical pain. Crippling injury seems to work, though, but more due to actual damage than pain. I suppose an overwhelming sense of peace might be an effective distraction to them, though, or perhaps a pile of adorable kittens or something... but except as an illusion, throwing kittens at the Fallen are out of the question."

"Well we have seen them react to pain but they seam to keep going even so, it might be due to the Cauls, whatever happens in them can not be pleasant and they say time expands in them so the new Nephandus suffers for a thousand years before they come out of the bloody thing, just being Fallen do not give protection in itself though, I usually train with knives with Bee, though I did not know she is widderslainte at the time, but she have about the pain tolerance you would expect of a Verbena blood witch with a bit of combat experience."
Adjan said then he looked at you and raised an eyebrow.
"I think that if Karma exist Colin, throwing kittens at Nephandi will get you into hot water."

He smiled to Cara, "The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense..."

The young Criamon gave a laugh.
"Very true Mr Wainwright, then again what makes sense is just a matter of perspective now is it not."

He shook his head, "We're not dead... We know there's a trap, and we do know of a few things to look for, and we have - sorry, Deaconess - the best lightning rod we can get. I'd say we have the best chances in town of getting past the trap, even if we have to trigger it."

Daisy just gave you a nod at that and Cara sigh and nodded.
"Yeah...it is creepy though to go down into a storm drain that might be trapped by a Fallen Hagalaz."
She pouted she was probably the only one among her strange and wise House that would pout in fact.

He glanced meaningfully from Adley to Cara, "I wouldn't be quite so sure college students don't come with Paradox injuries... A rarer occurrence, perhaps, but hardly a completely implausible one..."

"Well and Awakening soul might just guide it's Host to Mr Roth Hick's class."
Cara commented.

(OOC: Those darn kids...now I feel old. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Colin nodded, "Well, if that is indeed the trap set in the area, I think I should be able to identify it, and confirm whether it was made by the same individual. Then again, it's entirely possible that sort of trap isn't in use, on account of Abigail not wanting to anger Lodin needlessly by accidentally massacring his housekeepers. I think it more likely to be something more akin to an electric fence - pain and injury to repel intruders, rather than instantly kill."
He grinned, "Well, no need to distrust the Chief's arsenal. The magazine seems to fit, and it looks like it's been well maintained, so..."
He nodded, "I don't necessarily think it's the Caul that inoculates them to pain - it would seem their idea of Saturday night entertainment tends to revolve around, well, physical abuses. Someone who is regularly tortured would develop a far higher pain threshold... And I think throwing kittens at anyone would land me in hot water, whether by Karma or mundane consequences. Illusory kittens, though, might actually work..."
Colin snorted, "Miss Willis, have you watched the news in recent years?"
He leaned back with a small smile, "Of course it is creepy. Anyone who doesn't feel fear is either an idiot or has suffered some oddly specific brain damage... Fear gives us the edge that keeps us alive, but only if we can control it."

((OOC: Yeah, on the other hand, it's an unending supply of little snots to corrupt. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Colin nodded, "Well, if that is indeed the trap set in the area, I think I should be able to identify it, and confirm whether it was made by the same individual. Then again, it's entirely possible that sort of trap isn't in use, on account of Abigail not wanting to anger Lodin needlessly by accidentally massacring his housekeepers. I think it more likely to be something more akin to an electric fence - pain and injury to repel intruders, rather than instantly kill."

"It would almost be a boon if the bloody wards where set by the Hagalaz woman, if we discover the traps before they kill us that is, with one of her rotes we could track her and finally take that little nuisance out for good."
Kristina said and Adjan nodded.
"Well there is that but I kind of hope Colin is right about this, before we are down there though we can not know one way or another so for now all we can do is to be careful."
He said.

He grinned, "Well, no need to distrust the Chief's arsenal. The magazine seems to fit, and it looks like it's been well maintained, so..."

Kristina nodded at that.

He nodded, "I don't necessarily think it's the Caul that inoculates them to pain - it would seem their idea of Saturday night entertainment tends to revolve around, well, physical abuses. Someone who is regularly tortured would develop a far higher pain threshold... And I think throwing kittens at anyone would land me in hot water, whether by Karma or mundane consequences. Illusory kittens, though, might actually work..."

"You may be right Colin, it do seam that the Nephandi are somewhat abuse to their own members, especially the weaker members but yes such a rough atmosphere would toughen them up, but they also loose something in the process...it makes me feel bad for them."
Adjan muttered sadly.
"And it makes even more important that we stop them before they seduce anyone else into their vile organizations."
Kristina nodded then she said.
"Well throwing kittens might get you into trouble with Granite, one of the Deacons big gray pet."
She said with a grin.
"I doubt making the Nephandi see kittens would disturb them much though other than perhaps thinking they where fighting a madman."

Colin snorted, "Miss Willis, have you watched the news in recent years?"

"Yes I have, often an depressing affair...what where you thinking about Mr Wainwright?"

He leaned back with a small smile, "Of course it is creepy. Anyone who doesn't feel fear is either an idiot or has suffered some oddly specific brain damage... Fear gives us the edge that keeps us alive, but only if we can control it."

"Yes you are right, I guess we are all nervous."
Cara said and sigh then she took a deep breath.
"Well I will try to control it, I will do my job."
She said more to herself than to you.

(OOC: Yeah well I better bring my Nephandi card and start corrupting young Regncon attendees. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:17 pm

We are hunting her sister Tane pointed alessa with his head. Your friend Bobby was selling her info about her sister, and we belive she might have found out and killed him. We're almost certain. Maybe we can join forces to take that assasin down. he said, giving out a hand, slowly. I'm Tane, a Human Mortal Mage. She's Alessa, Ananassi. What would be your name?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:53 pm

We are hunting her sister Tane pointed alessa with his head. Your friend Bobby was selling her info about her sister, and we belive she might have found out and killed him. We're almost certain.

"Her sister?"
The white haired girl asked and Alessa nodded.
"Yes either her or someone who work for or with her, it is to much of a coincidence not to be related."
The Ananasi said the little wererat though did not seam convinced yet.

Maybe we can join forces to take that assasin down. he said, giving out a hand, slowly. I'm Tane, a Human Mortal Mage. She's Alessa, Ananassi. What would be your name?

"Mage...you...are one of the humans who can see spirits?"
The white haired girl asked she did not reach for your hand but neither did she flee, she was clearly skittish though.
"And and...an Ananasi...why would Bobby deal with one of her kind? Her kind and mine are not friends, though I guess her money is as green as anyone else's"
She muttered she gave you a nervous look.
"The little girl that kept me as a pet before I became what I am called med Strawberry...it is the only name I know."
She whispered nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:30 pm

"Many fantasy books have well thought out, functional Paradigms, once a person start to imagine that magick is real, even if it is just for a story they start to create magick, a fictional magickal system is no less real than one made for real application if you find it useful." Cara said and smiled. "It will be interesting indeed Mr Wainwright."

Adley gave Colin a sidelong look. "Once you're done with Dresden, in your copious free time, there's the Magicians series."

"I was more thinking he would be heavy and impractical to carry, but yeah there is the Nephandi lurking about as well, that is also an issue with taking a staked vampire through the Umbra."

"That too, I suppose," he said.

"So we are keeping him in that state? You know chances are that he will then view us as another enemy hurting him and he would sort of be right, one thing is keeping him staked until we can get somewhere where he can be safely released but if we keep him prisoner until this whole situation with the Nephandi is dealt with...we will be causing him a fair amount of pain just by keeping him staked." She protested.

"If we can get in and get him out quickly we can deal with deciding how to release him from the stake afterward from a safe place, maybe figure out a way to talk to him but if he's going home I believe the Chief wanted to keep him confined at least at first until you could take him later. If it's something of a drag out fight or we cannot teleport him directy," he frowned. "Imagine pulling a stake out of a pissed off elder...I don't know if that would be very safe for any of us, including him." He sighed. "A good deal of how we treat him will end up depending on time and circumstances, how his mind is working and how dangerous it is to stop to check him in situ. But...and this may be me projecting, if I were held in a cell to be used like that, I know I would want to take my revenge on those that did it to me."

"Also if we hope to get information from him, unless he know telepathy, which given his Clan and his age is somewhat likely that he do, communicating with a staked vampire is slow going as you really only have eye movements to go by, and he might not be to inclined to cooperate with someone keeping him like that."

"Telepathic vampires..." he rubbed a knuckle against an eye. "As I said, I don't really want to keep him staked either but if he runs off to go after them we'll have a mess. What do you suggest?"

"Now as for checking him for tracing magick I say we do that in the car and then give the car itself a good banishing once we are done just to be sure."

"Yes, if we have to take him out indirectly then that's probably a good idea."

"The map will be useful, I have never been a prisoner of the Prince so I have never been in this villa before. I vaguely know the Wildbrooke couple they are ghouls belonging to Prince Lodin, as for one of the Sherif's men...expect someone mean and brutal then, that bloody Brujah is a psychopath."

"Colin or I can show you when you're not driving," he said with a nod. "Brujah? I thought..." he looked confused. Weren't his contact and her childer that Clan? He shook his head. "I thought that my contact was that Clan."

"He was a mage once then...poor thing." Cara muttered

"Yes, he was. Once. A very long time ago," he said with a frown.

"Yes I think he was...he is also quite powerful both as a vampire and with their hedge magic, I mean with a Tremere that is how we have to treat the situation as if we are dealing with a powerful old linear mage that have been injured. Imagine the Chief on a very bad day."
Kristina said frowning a bit at the though of House Tremere at that time period which was understandable given her lineage. Cara though looked a bit more hesitant. "Oh...that could be bad...and yet should we really hold the poor man captive? It is not like if he have hurt us or anything"

He sighed. "Well, what do you suggest then? We cannot risk him being captured by the Nephandi and used that way. He is very old and powerful but has been injured and betrayed by his own Clan and the Nephandi and has been force fed blood right before he was about to be executed in the most frightening way imaginable. He may be angry, or even half-mad and has incredible power at his disposal given he is chock full of blood, which means we will have very little to control him if he flips out and then he could hurt us, even if he didn't want to. We -are- rescuing him from a bad end. What I would like is to get him the fuck out of there, out of the hands of the Nephandi foremost."

"I was always better at Matter than my Tradition's signature Sphere and my little friends are most efficient...thank you Mr Roth Hicks I am glad you like the bags."

He nodded. "Should work to portion it out. Let's get that done, then."

"A Hagalaz, that are that sub group of the Cult of Ecstasy that work with old Norse magick systems and as my brother would put it think everything is a tower defense game, well now that is just brilliant, we are so dead."

"Those are the ones, yes. Now...I'm not sure that she has been there for certain but there is a possibility and it is only sensible to think there are traps or something to keep us out. The Nephandi have cast a worryingly wide net, even including werewolves," He glanced at her and tried to gauge how scare out she was, adding,"Come now, there are several of us here, we know there is something. We are not wandering in unaware. Have you some suggestions?"

"I can take the effect down if you think my own Entropic wards are enough of a cover if the scrambling rote is to impractical."

"I think we're okay for now, and maybe it won't matter depending where we park. We might need to later though, depending on what happens."

"Probably the best then I hear Nephandic vacations are ehm...nothing...to write home about." Adjan said with a bit of a grin."Yes a terrible joke I know I am Euthanatos I was not initiated for my sense of humor."

He gave a grin at the bad pun.

"I will not need much as my job is to be a shield for the rest of you and pierce the wards so Mr Wainwright can deal with them, whoever is providing cover though and whoever with deal with banishings if the wards can not just be drained should have quite a bit."

"One more thing to keep a lookout for; the Nephandi have used spirits that were attracted to tass and mages...and ate them. Given that, we have cooked up a banishing to get rid of them but anyone who carries a large amount of it would probably be the first target. So if you see something with tentacles, let me know right away," he said, frowning.

"Well just wait until you take an apprentice, a young mage completely dependent on you for their survival that frustratingly will not listen to a word you have to say. Cara said whit a bit of a smirk."At least collage students do not come to you with Paradox wounds.""

He sighed at that and gave her a nod. Well, after this week he would be lucky enough to live long enough to get the chance at such a thing. It also made him think of Hannah. He hoped she was alright, for the moment.

"Thank you Adley, my rote with getting plants to watch out for us though was communicating with the plant consciousness not with their spirits as such, even plants have a mind you know, even if it is vastly different than ours." Kristina said and then she paused for a while before she grinned. "And yes that means the stereotype is true, Verbena really do talk with trees."

He chuckled at that.

"Hum...what worried me is that if there are such Avatar splinters out there, and they converge in the Umbra and there is enough of them and some calamity stir them up...well then Umbral travel would not be...comfortable nor safe." Adjan muttered sounding quite worried. "Not that is some nightmare fuel..."

He glanced at Adjan and then looked withdrawn into a memory of his Seeking then shook his head. "It was like a great storm in heaven and walking through it was sorrow and broken dreams trying to tear you apart from the inside out. But there was hope even then." Then he looked out the window and brought his mind back to the present.

"Very well, so what we do is we park the car, Mrs Knox stay behind as a lookout and guard the rest of us go down into the storm drain, we incapacitate anyone there, Deaconess Darnell and Colin take out the wards while the rest of us keep them safe and then we try to have your new friends tag the vampire or bring him through the rock to us, if that do not work Master Harris teleport him out and we hightail it out of there...if all go well, if things do not go well we have to get into the villa itself somehow, and getting though the wall in the storm drain is probably the safest way to do that."

"We also should plan for a way to get someone out if they are hurt as quickly as possible...perhaps if we park the car against some concrete we can ask one of the spirits to travel with them...?" he thought out loud, trying to determine a back door of sorts.

"As you wish, amicus."

He nodded at Colin's assessment. It was a bad situation perhaps but they had come as prepared as they could, given what they knew.

"I should be able to withstand the effect I hope, if there are traps there I mean, but of course even Primium have it's limits."

"There also could be spiritual-based traps or Correspondence ones, though I would expect prime ones at least initially," he thought out loud. "That one with the bullet multiplied in many places was unfortunately like stepping on a land mine set at the door..." He frowned, thinking of Freddy.

He glanced meaningfully from Adley to Cara, "I wouldn't be quite so sure college students don't come with Paradox injuries... A rarer occurrence, perhaps, but hardly a completely implausible one...""Well and Awakening soul might just guide it's Host to Mr Roth Hick's class." Cara commented.

"Let's think about my future prospects later, hrm? When there is a Monday to teach at class..."

"I checked it physically but I will check again," he said and made to do so.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:53 pm

Adley gave Colin a sidelong look. "Once you're done with Dresden, in your copious free time, there's the Magicians series."

"That is the one with the pretty hand gestures is it not?"
Cara asked and gave Adley a bright smile.

"That too, I suppose," he said.

Kristina nodded at that.

"If we can get in and get him out quickly we can deal with deciding how to release him from the stake afterward from a safe place, maybe figure out a way to talk to him but if he's going home I believe the Chief wanted to keep him confined at least at first until you could take him later. If it's something of a drag out fight or we cannot teleport him directy," he frowned. "Imagine pulling a stake out of a pissed off elder...I don't know if that would be very safe for any of us, including him."

"Off course time is a factor...and no releasing a pissed of Elder is never completely safe though measures can be taken to contain him using magick, though that willworking will probably end up being rather aggravating for reality."
Kristina said and sigh as she took another turn.
"I also understand that Chief Joakim would not want a vampire Elder running around Morningstar free, especially considering Isabella's safety, well and that of the rest of us, I just do not like the thought of keeping someone like that longer that necessary."
She said sounding frustrated.

He sighed. "A good deal of how we treat him will end up depending on time and circumstances, how his mind is working and how dangerous it is to stop to check him in situ. But...and this may be me projecting, if I were held in a cell to be used like that, I know I would want to take my revenge on those that did it to me."

"I do not know him well enough to say, I know my husband know him, but whatever or not he want to take revenge on those who imprisoned him I do not know however I do consider it likely which off course is a problem I just..."
The Verbena gave a frustrated sigh.
"I just wish there where a more humane way to keep him secured until all of this mess was dealt with."

"Telepathic vampires..." he rubbed a knuckle against an eye. "As I said, I don't really want to keep him staked either but if he runs off to go after them we'll have a mess. What do you suggest?"

"Yeah if he runs off, we have a problem as he will most likely get himself captured again...I would suggjest we try to talk with him using some magickal means if need me and see what he have to say about it and then make a decision about it...and yes telepathy is not that an uncommon power among their kind."

"Yes, if we have to take him out indirectly then that's probably a good idea."

Adjan nodded at that.

"Colin or I can show you when you're not driving," he said with a nod. "Brujah? I thought..." he looked confused. Weren't his contact and her childer that Clan? He shook his head. "I thought that my contact was that Clan."

"Very well, or just take a picture of the map you have and send it to my phone and I can have a look when I get a chance."
Kristina said then she smiled a little.
"She is...it get rather complicated. This is how it was told to me by my husband, originally vampire society where even more stuck up and static that it is now, not exactly his words but something to that extent there where no freedom and for the most part the elders made their childer blood slaves, imagine if it was a common practice for Mentors to use mental magick to enslave their apprentice even after their students was fully initiated. Eventually the tyranny got to much for the younger vampires to bare at the same time as the Inquisition was exterminating them left and right...in the chaos one woman of the Brujah Clan lead a bloody revolt, the result of witch split vampire society into three factions The Camarilla who continued mostly as before but who hid their existence, they they made a deal with the rebels to outlaw blood bonds other than in the case of punishment and willingly submitting to it, it is the Camarilla that rule this city. Then the rebels split in two you have the Anarch movement that you contact is a member of, they want to renew vampire society, make it more fair, but they still work with the Camarilla, they hide among mortals and many see them as a rebel group of the Camarilla itself through there are considerable conflict there and then there is the Sabbat, they do not want to fit into mortal society, they revel in their vampire natures and live out some sort of bloody parody of Catholicism while they enjoy becoming monsters, in other words they are bad new."
Kristina explained.
"Now there are more members of the Brujah Clan that become Anarchs than any other Clan but that do not mean that all Brujah are so inclined, some serve the Prince and want to maintain the status quo or they think they can better change their society from within."

"Yes, he was. Once. A very long time ago," he said with a frown.

"That is so sad."
Cara said and looked down.

He sighed. "Well, what do you suggest then? We cannot risk him being captured by the Nephandi and used that way. He is very old and powerful but has been injured and betrayed by his own Clan and the Nephandi and has been force fed blood right before he was about to be executed in the most frightening way imaginable. He may be angry, or even half-mad and has incredible power at his disposal given he is chock full of blood, which means we will have very little to control him if he flips out and then he could hurt us, even if he didn't want to. We -are- rescuing him from a bad end. What I would like is to get him the fuck out of there, out of the hands of the Nephandi foremost."

"You are right...you are right off course, he is powerful and with that much blood in his system he will be incredibly dangerous, I am not claiming otherwise. And the most important thing is to get him out of Nephandi captivity, we are rescuing him it is just that I feel bad for him and keeping him staked longer than need be is not exactly something that will build trust, but perhaps we will not have any choice, it still sucks though."
Kristina said softly.
"I know how much they hurt and how scared they are when in that condition...I just do not like keeping someone innocent like that. I do not have a better idea about what to do with him though, something to restrain magic perhaps, that should limit his abilities...but even so he will be dangerous."

He nodded. "Should work to portion it out. Let's get that done, then."

"Do you need any help with the portioning out Mr Roth Hicks or do you have a handle on it?"
Daisy offered.

"Those are the ones, yes. Now...I'm not sure that she has been there for certain but there is a possibility and it is only sensible to think there are traps or something to keep us out. The Nephandi have cast a worryingly wide net, even including werewolves," He glanced at her and tried to gauge how scare out she was, adding,"Come now, there are several of us here, we know there is something. We are not wandering in unaware. Have you some suggestions?"

It was hard to gauge how freaked out Cara was but she was nervous, probably the young Criamon was not exactly used to a combat situation, she looked young, very young in her early twenties and she was already an Adept, she probably spent most of her time studying rather than being out in the real world but she was determined to do her part, in many ways you see allot of Beatrice in the young Hermetic, apprenticed very young, kept from sleeper society, very talented with magick but naive and in some ways child like.
"Yes you are probably right Sodalis, we should be able to find any traps and deal with them."
The Criamon said.
"Werewolves...yes their contact with the Changing Folk are worrying."
Kristina muttered.
"Well all we can do is go and see what the situation is and deal with whatever we face there...and we will get home alive Cara or die sending some of our enemies screaming to the netherworld."
The Verbena declared and Cara swallowed.
"Yeah...ehm...sure though I prefer the surviving part. For suggestions well for you and I to put up our Parmas, if you have not already done so and for everyone else to get their magickal defenses in order."

"I think we're okay for now, and maybe it won't matter depending where we park. We might need to later though, depending on what happens."

"Very well I will be ready to dispell my rote if need be then."
Adjan said and nodded.
"Though if Master Harris is going to teleport the vampire into the van though the scrambling rote might cause an issue."
He warned.

"One more thing to keep a lookout for; the Nephandi have used spirits that were attracted to tass and mages...and ate them. Given that, we have cooked up a banishing to get rid of them but anyone who carries a large amount of it would probably be the first target. So if you see something with tentacles, let me know right away," he said, frowning.

"I see, magick eating spirits, very well Mr Roth Hicks if I see anything with tentacles I will let you know at once, I have to warn you though that I am not very skilled at seeing spirits."
Daisy said and nodded.
"That do sound like some nasty critters."
Cara commented.
"Tentacled magick eaters well...that do not sound friendly no."
Kristina said as she drove onto a narrow road that ran between neat villas and family homes.
"Two or three minutes ladies and gentlemen."
She announced.

He glanced at Adjan and then looked withdrawn into a memory of his Seeking then shook his head. "It was like a great storm in heaven and walking through it was sorrow and broken dreams trying to tear you apart from the inside out. But there was hope even then." Then he looked out the window and brought his mind back to the present.

Adjan looked at you for a moment as you spoke then he looked down.
"I am sorry I did not mean to bring up any bad memories."
He said sounding regretful and also as if he wanted to ask where you had experienced this, but he left it at that from the sound of your voice.
"Let us hope something like that never comes to pass my friend."

"We also should plan for a way to get someone out if they are hurt as quickly as possible...perhaps if we park the car against some concrete we can ask one of the spirits to travel with them...?" he thought out loud, trying to determine a back door of sorts.

"The question is if a wounded person or well anyone will survive being dragged through stone by the Chief's friends, do they understand what biological life is and what might harm us?"
Kristina said then she sigh.
"I can drag a wounded person into the Umbra and get them away though."
Adjan nodded.
"The same can I, we could take a wounded ally into the spirit world and then from there into the van."
He suggested.

"There also could be spiritual-based traps or Correspondence ones, though I would expect prime ones at least initially," he thought out loud. "That one with the bullet multiplied in many places was unfortunately like stepping on a land mine set at the door..." He frowned, thinking of Freddy.

"That can be an issue Mr Roth Hicks, anything that affect the one who trip the ward directly, that will be me I assume, will likely not get through the dampening effect of my Primium frame, however anything that do things like shoot a barrage of bullets or a fireball or make the roof collapse will not be stopped, if you cause a explosion near me I might not be affected by the magick itself but the pressure weave is another matter, might not be able to protect the rest of you from something like that bullet rote you speak of."
Daisy said sounding concerned.

"Let's think about my future prospects later, hrm? When there is a Monday to teach at class..."

"Good point my friend...good point."
Adjan said and nodded.

"I checked it physically but I will check again," he said and made to do so.

The bullets seamed to be fine and would work well in the rifle you had brought.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:47 pm

((OOC: Hum, thought I'd written a post last night... Forum must've eaten it when I went to nap, or I might've been so drowsy I forgot to hit "Send"... :/ Oh, well.))

Colin frowned, "There might be another way to get to the Hagalaz woman, actually... we have access to someone of her immediate biological lineage - I believe the Verbena have some ways to trace familial lines through blood? Of course, that rather requires the hypothetical donor's consent, but I might be able to convince them of that..."
He grinned, "I think both Granite and Mrs. Yellow might make their displeasure known at any attempt to fling kittens at the Fallen... Letting the Fallen think they're fighting a madman, though, might have some tactical merit - if they think they're up against a Marauder, the sheer threat of Paradox might send them screaming into the night."
He shook his head at Cara, "I was thinking of no story in particular... and all of them in general. It's been a long time since I gave up trying to make sense of news corporations and their reporting decisions, let alone the events they report..."
He nodded, "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total oblivion... The litany may be from a work of fiction, but it does work."
He nodded to Adley, "There are, what, eighteen books in the Dresden Files? Shouldn't take too many months; the few chapters I've had the time to read suggest a very light style of writing - very comfortable, easy readers. I'll let you know when I'm done."
He cast Cara a sidelong glance and grinned at Adley, "Magicians use hand seals, is it? I should have known there would be some ulterior motive somewhere in the recommendations..."
He arched an eyebrow, "I believe you're right; your contact is also Brujah... I got the impression that the vampire clans are bloodlines rather than political associations. If you've ever attended a mundane family reunion with scores of people, you might know how black sheep and political disagreements might express themselves. Even worse if that family reunion includes an old, iron-fisted matriarch or patriarch... Your contact sharing clan affiliations with a psychopath isn't even remotely implausible."
He frowned, then grimaced, "This is probably both unethical and rather on the cruel side - and I'm not necessarily advocating doing this, but... would it be possible to drain Carmon of excess blood before any hypothetical unstaking? Leave him... not necessarily so drained as to be a starving, feral rage monster, but at least enough so that he's down to a manageable level? If the amount of blood he has in him is directly related to how much of his power he can use, then draining the proverbial fuel tank seems viable."
He grimaced, remembering the sight far too well, "Those tentacled horrors are probably not going to be present. As I understand it, those are miss Jerkins' little babies, and without her to control them, I don't think the Fallen can bring them around town at all."
He gave Adley a thin smile, "Oh, don't worry, if you think you can use my support for unstaking a vampire, you have it - personal preference remains subject to the needs of the service still."
He grimaced, "Yes, that unexpected bulletstorm was... clever, I'll allow that. But probably not the sort of trap that one sets up far in advance... And not without a conscious gunner waiting. By the looks of it, it would be too dependent on either conscious guidance, or a fairly sophisticated targeting spell mixed into the trap itself. Plus, that fellow's bullet shield didn't do him much good, either..."
He sighed, "Ah, yes, magical defenses... Well, I suppose my stroke of luck can help, if nothing else. Subtler than the kinetic shields I can't make, in any case."
He fished out his Chaos Wand and mumbled a simple incantation, swinging the tip in a perfect circle overhead, "Fortuna Brutus!"

((OOC: So, Entropy 2 effect for plain dumb luck... 4,8,8 - 4,7,8 - 3,3,0 - 8,8,8... Okay, I'm not pushing Colin's luck any further. Shocked ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:58 pm

not all of us see spirit, but i myself am a healer of spirits and souls, yes. he said with a smile Okay Strawberry. We came here to find out how he was killed. Could you tell us?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:37 pm

Colin frowned, "There might be another way to get to the Hagalaz woman, actually... we have access to someone of her immediate biological lineage - I believe the Verbena have some ways to trace familial lines through blood? Of course, that rather requires the hypothetical donor's consent, but I might be able to convince them of that..."

"Hum...yes blood from a close relative should make them fairly easy to track, my Tradition do have the means to do that, we can use a bit of hair or spittle as well but blood is best."
Kristina said then she continued.
"I often use a stone that have been in their presence for some time as that tend to lap up their personal energies."
She continued.
"But yes if you have access to a blood relative of the Hagalaz woman I might be able to help you find her yes, and yes I would prefer it being with the relative's consent."

He grinned, "I think both Granite and Mrs. Yellow might make their displeasure known at any attempt to fling kittens at the Fallen... Letting the Fallen think they're fighting a madman, though, might have some tactical merit - if they think they're up against a Marauder, the sheer threat of Paradox might send them screaming into the night."

"Ah yes Maria Lopez's little yellow cat, no she would probably not be to pleased with you either."
Kristina said and grinned. The idea of trying to scare the Fallen by thinking they are facing a Marauder though, crazy as it is, might work, I mean reality hate them for good reason, I can imagine being close to a Marauder will not be pleasant for a Nephandus."

He shook his head at Cara, "I was thinking of no story in particular... and all of them in general. It's been a long time since I gave up trying to make sense of news corporations and their reporting decisions, let alone the events they report..."

"Hum...well there certainly is allot of trouble in the world Mr Wainwright but ehm...forgive me but I am not quite sure I understood your point by mentioning it."
Cara said carefully and politely.

He nodded, "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total oblivion... The litany may be from a work of fiction, but it does work."

"Well anything that brings total oblivion hits a little close to home with all the Nephandi running around...but sure I will try it."
Cara said and gave you a smile.

He cast Cara a sidelong glance and grinned at Adley, "Magicians use hand seals, is it? I should have known there would be some ulterior motive somewhere in the recommendations..."

"Indeed they do, quite pretty ones to."
The Criamon said and gave another smile.

He arched an eyebrow, "I believe you're right; your contact is also Brujah... I got the impression that the vampire clans are bloodlines rather than political associations. If you've ever attended a mundane family reunion with scores of people, you might know how black sheep and political disagreements might express themselves. Even worse if that family reunion includes an old, iron-fisted matriarch or patriarch... Your contact sharing clan affiliations with a psychopath isn't even remotely implausible."

"Yeah like my vulgar parents, ehm...that means my mundane parents not my mentor, are die hard Republicans that are big Trump fans."
Cara said with disgust.
"Me and my brother is not..."
She added and Kristina grinned.
"Indeed and you have the right of it Mr Wainwright Clans are bloodlines that span across political factions. Think of it like this, have you met Master Min our Tribunal's Senior Quaesitor, well within House Guernicus there are two factions Traditionalists who believe that the letter of the law should be followed and Transitionalists who think it is the spirit of the law that should be adhered to, now Master Min are of the latter of the two faction but his pater are of the Traditionalists, it is the same thing."
The Verbena explained.

He frowned, then grimaced, "This is probably both unethical and rather on the cruel side - and I'm not necessarily advocating doing this, but... would it be possible to drain Carmon of excess blood before any hypothetical unstaking? Leave him... not necessarily so drained as to be a starving, feral rage monster, but at least enough so that he's down to a manageable level? If the amount of blood he has in him is directly related to how much of his power he can use, then draining the proverbial fuel tank seems viable."

"Getting blood out of his is possible and will weaken him, blood is the medium that the refined Quintessence he life on are stored inside of his body, it is easier though to use magick and well drain him as one would Tass though that Tass will be highly Static and Entropic, enough so cause Jhor if one do it to much. However the real problem is that if you drain him to the point of starving him...then he will suffer greatly, vampire find hunger extremely uncomfortable, getting some of the excess out of him though is possible without doing to much harm to him."
Kristina said a bit hesitantly.
"But like I said if you go to far you will be torturing him...so any such attempt will have to be done very carefully."
She warned.

He grimaced, remembering the sight far too well, "Those tentacled horrors are probably not going to be present. As I understand it, those are miss Jerkins' little babies, and without her to control them, I don't think the Fallen can bring them around town at all."

"Well...ehm that is good..."
Cara said nervously.
"Wait her...babies...ehm do I want to know?"

He grimaced, "Yes, that unexpected bulletstorm was... clever, I'll allow that. But probably not the sort of trap that one sets up far in advance... And not without a conscious gunner waiting. By the looks of it, it would be too dependent on either conscious guidance, or a fairly sophisticated targeting spell mixed into the trap itself. Plus, that fellow's bullet shield didn't do him much good, either..."

"It might not be likely that they will just copy a trick they have already done Mr Wainwright but we have to be ready for anything, including things I can not protect you all from."
Daisy said softly.
"Though I will do my best."

He sighed, "Ah, yes, magical defenses... Well, I suppose my stroke of luck can help, if nothing else. Subtler than the kinetic shields I can't make, in any case."
He fished out his Chaos Wand and mumbled a simple incantation, swinging the tip in a perfect circle overhead, "Fortuna Brutus!"

You sort of get the feeling that fortune is on your side as you work your rote and you are pretty sure reality listened to you, in fact reality appear to be giving you a pat on the shoulder, though that might just be your imagination.

(OOC: Yeah that is quite a roll, I want your dice. Colin get one success to save for later due to acing his rote to such a degree and let us say the rote allow you to re roll three dice throws of your choice for the duration of the scene to represent Colin's increased luck, if you do not like the result of a roll...roll again. Oh and yes the forum do love to eat posts. I am pretty sure this is a forum's spiritual representation. http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=397594&type=card )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:47 pm

not all of us see spirit, but i myself am a healer of spirits and souls, yes.

"O...ok I do not know anything about you safe Bobby said that you could do all sort of odd things and could see spirits."
Strawberry said nervously.

Okay Strawberry. We came here to find out how he was killed. Could you tell us?

"I do...not know, I belong to no colony or pack, Bobby took care of me, me was my friend, all I know is that I heard him keen, it is something we can do when in danger, and others of our kind can hear it but when I got here he was already dead."
Strawberry said and tears welled up in her eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:51 pm

Colin nodded, "I'll remember to ask, then. But only for tracing the Fallen Hagalaz woman..."
He smiled sadly to Cara, "My only point is that reality doesn't make as much sense as most fiction does anymore..."
He nodded, "I've actually had the pleasure of meeting both Master Min and his Pater, actually. I'll admit, I met the elder of the two under more... trying circumstances, in an adversarial situation, but he was quite simple to negotiate with. Such extreme adherence to the letter does offer... interesting leverages, it seems. I suspect if Master Min had been before me at the time, he might have been significantly more work trying to persuade to... ehum, well, no matter..."
He frowned, "So theoretically, my funnel could drain him if, ah, someone were to puncture him first... Hum, that does present a possibility - I think I could do so safely, since I don't necessarily soak up such quintessence personally. I'm just not sure it would be, ah, entirely pleasant for the poor fellow. Plus I would have to come up with some practical means of dispersing said quintessence - a blade of primal fire would not be a good idea, after all..."
He shook his head slowly, "No... no, I suppose you don't want to know. I know about them, and I don't want to know..."
He nodded to Daisy, "Just let me take a good look through the wall before you poke at anything, so I can be ready to try to divert whatever is in there..."
He hissed softly as the ward spun into place and his Avatar felt like it shifted around trying to scratch its itch against whatever it could lean on, "Well, good heavens, I feel lucky. Very, very lucky. And itchy down to my soul..."

((OOC: I could probably find a more accurate card than that, but yeah, that looks close enough. Smile ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:03 pm

Colin nodded, "I'll remember to ask, then. But only for tracing the Fallen Hagalaz woman..."

"Off course I would not want to keep an arcane connection to another mage without their consent."
Kristina assured you.

He smiled sadly to Cara, "My only point is that reality doesn't make as much sense as most fiction does anymore..."

"Well you are probably right about that Mr Wainwright."
Cara agreed and sigh.
"Unfortunately."

He nodded, "I've actually had the pleasure of meeting both Master Min and his Pater, actually. I'll admit, I met the elder of the two under more... trying circumstances, in an adversarial situation, but he was quite simple to negotiate with. Such extreme adherence to the letter does offer... interesting leverages, it seems. I suspect if Master Min had been before me at the time, he might have been significantly more work trying to persuade to... ehum, well, no matter..."

"I have not met Master Tolle personally but I have heard of him and yes his adherence to the letter of the law borders on the fanatical on the positive side then if you actually have the law on your side he will defend you to the grave but if the letter of the law is not to your advantage well, let us just say I do not think he would mind sending his own mother to the scaffold, not that I think the woman is still alive considering his age."
Kristina said and sigh.
"But yes then you have some idea of the factions within House Guernicus Mr Wainwright, you should then be able to see how factions and individual convictions within one of the vampire Clan can be equally diverse."

He frowned, "So theoretically, my funnel could drain him if, ah, someone were to puncture him first... Hum, that does present a possibility - I think I could do so safely, since I don't necessarily soak up such quintessence personally. I'm just not sure it would be, ah, entirely pleasant for the poor fellow. Plus I would have to come up with some practical means of dispersing said quintessence - a blade of primal fire would not be a good idea, after all..."

"Hum...well if your funnel can drain Tass it should be able to drain him as well, the question is if you can stop the effect once it is started and yes finding something that do not remind him of fire to channel the Quintessence into. I do worry how such an effect would feel for him though, I do not want to hurt him more than he already have been."
Kristina said and sigh.

He shook his head slowly, "No... no, I suppose you don't want to know. I know about them, and I don't want to know..."

"I think you are right Mr Wainwright, some things it is better to leave in the dark."
Cara said looking a bit queasy.

He nodded to Daisy, "Just let me take a good look through the wall before you poke at anything, so I can be ready to try to divert whatever is in there..."

Daisy nodded.
"Very well Mr Wainwright."

He hissed softly as the ward spun into place and his Avatar felt like it shifted around trying to scratch its itch against whatever it could lean on, "Well, good heavens, I feel lucky. Very, very lucky. And itchy down to my soul..."

Adjan gave you a concerned look though he did not say anything. Cara looks at you and asked with concern in her voice.
"Are you alright Mr Wainwright."
Something that made your already grumpy Avatar grumble slightly, right now it felt like your Avatar was a old, short tempered lady and someone had just served her cold tea.

(OOC: And Atog perhaps om nom nom nom. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Colin smiled, "Of course I'll trust you to that - but a Diedne friend of mine pointed out, when I asked him about researching my own bloodline, that however much I might trust him was not the issue, but how much I might trust whoever he had to consult, and whoever they might consult... But, I suppose the chain would end with you in this case, so that should probably not be a concern..."
He nodded, "Master Tolle is... intense. I think he might mind sending his mother to the scaffold... it just wouldn't prevent him from doing so if he thought she was guilty of a crime of that magnitude. A judicial debate between Masters Min and Tolle would be interesting to behold, though..."
He smiled, "I'm quite certain I can stop the effect once started - rather like pulling a hose from a gas tank. But yes, there's no saying how it might feel - with luck, it would be about as unpleasant as donating blood at a blood bank. With a little less luck, probably more like a stomach pumping. And considering he'd be effectively conscious of the whole thing, ehh... probably grounds for an awkward conversation afterwards. As for the effect to be fueled, I suppose I could use it to create some sort of sensory effect - a mirror to show our individual resonances or somesuch, for example. I could likely come up with something, so long as I can draw a circle. Hell, a cardboard plate and some condiments would do - I used mustard and ketchup when I helped save the Boston Umbral Port from a Ball of Abysmal Flame with it..."
He grinned wryly, "I'm quite fine, it's just that... imagine you have a few blisters, bruises or a sunburn on the palms of your hands, and you have to pick something up. My Avatar isn't damaged, just a bit sore all over, and it's getting very irritated by that question, Mrs. Willis. If you could imagine the glare you might get if you were to serve a botched cup of tea to Queen Elizabeth II and her guests at a fine reception? Not at all amused. Hum... if I might borrow one of those sachets of tass, just to feel it against my skin? The stone rose is soothing on its own, but so is tass - and I'm afraid I'm fresh out of any I would want to touch with my bare hands."

((OOC: Well, this guy seems like a good candidate, too... http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=31803&type=card ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:50 pm

Colin smiled, "Of course I'll trust you to that - but a Diedne friend of mine pointed out, when I asked him about researching my own bloodline, that however much I might trust him was not the issue, but how much I might trust whoever he had to consult, and whoever they might consult... But, I suppose the chain would end with you in this case, so that should probably not be a concern..."

"Well trusting someone you have known for a few hours might not be the wisest Mr Wainwright and your Diedne friend are absolutely right that when others are involved you also have to trust them but yes in this case it would be only me."
Kristina said matter of factly.
"And I will make sure to destroy the arcane connection or hand it back once I am done with it."

He nodded, "Master Tolle is... intense. I think he might mind sending his mother to the scaffold... it just wouldn't prevent him from doing so if he thought she was guilty of a crime of that magnitude. A judicial debate between Masters Min and Tolle would be interesting to behold, though..."

"Hum...well at least Master Tolle is not letting personal considerations and ambitions come before the law, which is good. Yes such a debate might be interesting indeed...though I would not want to be the topic they where debating."
Cara said with a bit of a wry smile.

He smiled, "I'm quite certain I can stop the effect once started - rather like pulling a hose from a gas tank. But yes, there's no saying how it might feel - with luck, it would be about as unpleasant as donating blood at a blood bank. With a little less luck, probably more like a stomach pumping. And considering he'd be effectively conscious of the whole thing, ehh... probably grounds for an awkward conversation afterwards.

"Yeah..well as long as you know you can stop the effect once you have started it, before we even consider using it on a helpless prisoner I guess you are going to have to try it out on me, I might not exactly the same type of energy but I should be able to tell if the rote is uncomfortable."
Kristina said and sigh.

As for the effect to be fueled, I suppose I could use it to create some sort of sensory effect - a mirror to show our individual resonances or somesuch, for example. I could likely come up with something, so long as I can draw a circle. Hell, a cardboard plate and some condiments would do - I used mustard and ketchup when I helped save the Boston Umbral Port from a Ball of Abysmal Flame with it..."

"Yes you mentioned that Ball of Abysmal Flame and you used ketchup and mustard for your foci now that is...impressive."
The young Verbena said sounding amused.
"But yes pumping the Quintessence into some effect should work then, I really hate wasting it though knowing that he will need to feed again and soon but it is better than keeping him staked."

He grinned wryly, "I'm quite fine, it's just that... imagine you have a few blisters, bruises or a sunburn on the palms of your hands, and you have to pick something up. My Avatar isn't damaged, just a bit sore all over, and it's getting very irritated by that question, Mrs. Willis. If you could imagine the glare you might get if you were to serve a botched cup of tea to Queen Elizabeth II and her guests at a fine reception? Not at all amused.

"Oh...ehm...I am sorry Mr Wainwright."
Cara said and blushed and looked down self consciously.
"I did not mean any offense."
She muttered.
"I am relieved to hear that your Avatar is not harmed though, just sore."

Hum... if I might borrow one of those sachets of tass, just to feel it against my skin? The stone rose is soothing on its own, but so is tass - and I'm afraid I'm fresh out of any I would want to touch with my bare hands."

"I am sure that can be arranged as soon as Adley is done filling the bags."
Adjan said and nodded.
"It might have a soothing feeling. Someone I know got Branded once and the presence of Tass and Quintessence helped him a bit and what you describe is allot less serious than a Brand so my guess it should help yes."
He commented.

(OOC: Up there he is, they guy that keep eating forum posts. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:56 pm

Colin smiled, "True, that level of trust does not come cheap. On the other hand, you did save Freddy, and that goes a long way in my book."
He frowned at Kristina, "If you volunteer, I'm willing to try... But perhaps we should do that after we've retrieved Carmon, so as to not waste precious resources before the potential firefight? I'm no good with, well, any magic concerning anything living, so I might not be able to pull it off at all, just so you are warned..."
He grinned, "It wasn't the condiment that was the Focus, you know - it was the circle I drew on the floor. It's one of those cases where the, hm, flavour of materials is less relevant than the expression to which they are put. And I think the Umbral Port Authorities might have objected to more... permanent markings on their expensive floor."
He chuckled, "No offense taken, Mrs. Willis - my Avatar has just had a bit of a rough couple of days tonight, and is more grumpy than anything else. I, hm, wouldn't want to poke at it for a while, to put it like that..."
He smiled and glanced over at Kristina, "By the way, funny story, when Adley and I took a nap in a time bubble earlier, I had a vision of the future, a couple of months away... One of the things I was reminded of was giving my Cabalmate Beatrice a blue apatite rose on my return from Chicago. The odd thing is that I dreamed this before we went to the Post Office... It's a pretty stone, too..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:08 am

Colin smiled, "True, that level of trust does not come cheap. On the other hand, you did save Freddy, and that goes a long way in my book."

Kristina nodded at that and gave you a little smile.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, no that level of trust do not come cheap I am honored."
She said earnestly.

He frowned at Kristina, "If you volunteer, I'm willing to try... But perhaps we should do that after we've retrieved Carmon, so as to not waste precious resources before the potential firefight? I'm no good with, well, any magic concerning anything living, so I might not be able to pull it off at all, just so you are warned..."

"I do volunteer but yes it should be once we have retried this elder Tremere and after I have taken care of any wounded and it certainly should not be while I am driving."
She said with a grin.
"It is worth a shot at least and we need to know what it feels like before we subject a prisoner to your rote."

He grinned, "It wasn't the condiment that was the Focus, you know - it was the circle I drew on the floor. It's one of those cases where the, hm, flavour of materials is less relevant than the expression to which they are put. And I think the Umbral Port Authorities might have objected to more... permanent markings on their expensive floor."

"You are probably right about that Mr Wainwright."
Cara said then she gave a bright smile.
"Well it is some quick thinking in any case."

He chuckled, "No offense taken, Mrs. Willis - my Avatar has just had a bit of a rough couple of days tonight, and is more grumpy than anything else. I, hm, wouldn't want to poke at it for a while, to put it like that..."

"Well I can assure you that I have no intention of poking at your Avatar Mr Wainwright."
Cara said with a slight grin she seamed relieved she had not offended you.
"I understand...it is grumpy...mine never show such emotions it is just a shadowy guide, yours seam to be quite a character then."
She said with a smile.

He smiled and glanced over at Kristina, "By the way, funny story, when Adley and I took a nap in a time bubble earlier, I had a vision of the future, a couple of months away... One of the things I was reminded of was giving my Cabalmate Beatrice a blue apatite rose on my return from Chicago. The odd thing is that I dreamed this before we went to the Post Office... It's a pretty stone, too..."

"It is indeed a pretty stone Mr Wainwright and tend to be good for anything to do with spirits and Avatars. I have used apatite before to ease minor bruising from Core Wars that Virtual Adepts get themselves into...no offense Deaconess..."
Kristina said and Daisy just nodded.
"As for your visions though, well I guess that is one more confirmation that they are more than fantasy."
The young Verbena commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:25 am

"That is the one with the pretty hand gestures is it not?" Cara asked and gave Adley a bright smile.

He gave her a nod, then tilted his head. "They seemed overly complicated to me...lavish or fanciful...one might think someone was making fun of certain styles," he said.

"I also understand that Chief Joakim would not want a vampire Elder running around Morningstar free, especially considering Isabella's safety, well and that of the rest of us, I just do not like the thought of keeping someone like that longer that necessary."

"I don't like it either. But the key word I think is necessary."

I just..." The Verbena gave a frustrated sigh. "I just wish there where a more humane way to keep him secured until all of this mess was dealt with."

"I am willing to hear suggestions."

"Yeah if he runs off, we have a problem as he will most likely get himself captured again...I would suggjest we try to talk with him using some magickal means if need me and see what he have to say about it and then make a decision about it...and yes telepathy is not that an uncommon power among their kind."

"Well, then if we can explain to him his...choices such as they are and that we are trying to help him that would be better." There was of course a part of him that wanted to talk to him though he wasn't sure if that was a good idea or not. Though it would probably have to happen, regardless.

"Very well, or just take a picture of the map you have and send it to my phone and I can have a look when I get a chance." Kristina said then she smiled a little.

"I would forward it to you now but my phone is not going to get any reception..."

"She is...it get rather complicated... "Now there are more members of the Brujah Clan that become Anarchs than any other Clan but that do not mean that all Brujah are so inclined, some serve the Prince and want to maintain the status quo or they think they can better change their society from within."

"And now I know more about vampire society than I wanted to have to know, no offense," he said in a sardonic tone. "But it seems I might -need- to know, or at least have a basic handle on it, so thank you."

"You are right...something to restrain magic perhaps, that should limit his abilities...but even so he will be dangerous."

"Assuming they are not being used for other purposes, we have some restraints. And we can apply magicks onto him but once we pull the stake, understandably, there is no putting it back. So where should we take him then?"

"Do you need any help with the portioning out Mr Roth Hicks or do you have a handle on it?" Daisy offered.

"If you don't mind, something tells me you would be quite accurate at such a task," he said. He started working on a prime scan rote in the meantime so that he could help her divvy out the tass.

"Yeah...ehm...sure though I prefer the surviving part. For suggestions well for you and I to put up our Parmas, if you have not already done so and for everyone else to get their magickal defenses in order."

Adley wished he knew the full parma magicka but he didn't yet, though the term had come to cover most protective rotes in general. There wasn't any use wishing though, he had what he had at hand and had developed. "Quite, that will take me a few moments," he agreed. As everyone began their protective magicks he started his own. And speaking of hand seals and gestures, he found it easier to coordinate with his voice now than he used to, the experience of it made more sense. He was busy working for a while as the others chatted about things around him, interspersing comment between the rotes for spiritual and physical protection that he'd used earlier.

"Very well I will be ready to dispell my rote if need be then." Adjan said and nodded. "Though if Master Harris is going to teleport the vampire into the van though the scrambling rote might cause an issue." He warned.

"Agreed and if someone stays with the van we'll need to contact them as well so we might need to end it when we've done our preliminary measures on site. Also, I would like Kristina to have some sort of protections...leaving anyone alone is not wise..."

"I see, magick eating spirits, very well Mr Roth Hicks if I see anything with tentacles I will let you know at once, I have to warn you though that I am not very skilled at seeing spirits." Daisy said and nodded. "That do sound like some nasty critters." Cara commented. "Tentacled magick eaters well...that do not sound friendly no."

"Whatever they summon is...awful and a blight on our reality. The other thing was an outsider spirit that caused despair," he interjected as he switched to his second rote.

"I am sorry I did not mean to bring up any bad memories." He said sounding regretful and also as if he wanted to ask where you had experienced this, but he left it at that from the sound of your voice. "Let us hope something like that never comes to pass my friend."

"Not a memory...I'm not like my amicus here," he said gesturing to Colin. "But it was...something. Perhaps a warning."

"The question is if a wounded person or well anyone will survive being dragged through stone by the Chief's friends, do they understand what biological life is and what might harm us?"

"Good question, I will ask them though I believe they said they could."

"I can drag a wounded person into the Umbra and get them away though." Adjan nodded. "The same can I, we could take a wounded ally into the spirit world and then from there into the van." He suggested

"Alright, that sounds useful though do recall the Fallen have taken to using it as well..."

"That can be an issue Mr Roth Hicks, anything that affect the one who trip the ward directly, that will be me I assume, will likely not get through the dampening effect of my Primium frame, however anything that do things like shoot a barrage of bullets or a fireball or make the roof collapse will not be stopped, if you cause a explosion near me I might not be affected by the magick itself but the pressure weave is another matter, might not be able to protect the rest of you from something like that bullet rote you speak of."

"Those with the shields up should try to cover the others then," he said.

"What is that you keep repeating? Some koan?"

"Indeed they do, quite pretty ones to." The Criamon said and gave another smile

"Ulterior motive?" he raised an eyebrow. "Never. I just thought you would find the contrast interesting."

"Hmmm...even worse in this case when said iron-fisted matriarchs or patriarchs can survive centuries without ever changing, I suppose."

"I wouldn't make any assumptions; they could have something else up their sleeves instead. Like investment marks." He frowned.
‚Äč
"Getting blood out of his is possible and will weaken him, blood is the medium that the refined Quintessence he life on are stored inside of his body, it is easier though to use magick and well drain him as one would Tass though that Tass will be highly Static and Entropic, enough so cause Jhor if one do it to much. However the real problem is that if you drain him to the point of starving him...then he will suffer greatly, vampire find hunger extremely uncomfortable, getting some of the excess out of him though is possible without doing to much harm to him."
Kristina said a bit hesitantly. "But like I said if you go to far you will be torturing him...so any such attempt will have to be done very carefully."
She warned.

"It still does not solve the issue of him simply being stronger, faster, ancient and possibly already hacked off...though if he is delirious, perhaps it would help?"

Hum... if I might borrow one of those sachets of tass, just to feel it against my skin? The stone rose is soothing on its own, but so is tass - and I'm afraid I'm fresh out of any I would want to touch with my bare hands."
"I am sure that can be arranged as soon as Adley is done filling the bags." Adjan said and nodded.

"Yes, as soon as it's not in a big pile," he agreed, ready to hand over one when it was ready.

As for the effect to be fueled, I suppose I could use it to create some sort of sensory effect - a mirror to show our individual resonances or somesuch, for example. I could likely come up with something..."

"I'd rather you not show off my resonances more than they already do, thank you very much," he said dryly.

//Primescan (all the things): 5,4,8
Spiritual shield -5,7,6 - 7,7,6 - 7,7,6
Kinetic shield - 9,7,1 - 9,8,6 - 3,4,3

// Let me know if that's too many rolls on the last two rotes timewise. Sorry for late reply, woke up late today to work, then had to stay late and then cba to do anything but stare at the TV for a bit >.< one of those days! But at least my dice liked 7 today, so there's that.[/quote]
[/quote]
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:52 am

Tane crouched, sitting on his own flexed legs. No no, don't cry, that won't help him. Her me out, you are alone? or are there a lot more of your kind that you know?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:25 am

He gave her a nod, then tilted his head. "They seemed overly complicated to me...lavish or fanciful...one might think someone was making fun of certain styles," he said.

"Yes they are pretty, but not practical, most actual real life hand sigils are fairly simple, you have complex gestures, especially those that are based on mudras, which the ones in Magicians might be are rather complex and also gestures belonging to ritual dances but yes, it might be as you as someone is taking a little jab at a certain Tradition."
Cara said and nodded.

"I don't like it either. But the key word I think is necessary."

Kristina sigh and nodded.
"You are probably right Adley but yes I do not like it and it really sucks."
She muttered.

"I am willing to hear suggestions."

"Hum...the pain and terror staking causes are a part of the supernatural weakness vampires have to wood right? It is worse than just if you jabbed something through their bodies and broke their bones?"
Cara asked and Kristina nodded.
"It is possible I could temporarily change that paranormal effect, change the magick of it so he remains paralyzed but in no more pain than the injury alone would cause...it will not be easy but I could try."
The Criamon suggested.
"Such tampering is not likely to last very long though."

"Well, then if we can explain to him his...choices such as they are and that we are trying to help him that would be better." There was of course a part of him that wanted to talk to him though he wasn't sure if that was a good idea or not. Though it would probably have to happen, regardless.

"Well being open with him about his choices and explaining what we are doing and why will probably help yes."
Kristina said and nodded.
"Perhaps we can reach and understanding with him."

"I would forward it to you now but my phone is not going to get any reception..."

"Yeah sorry about that."
Adjan said and scratched his dark blond hair Kristina just nodded.
"Ah yes...the scrambling rote...well if you could do it once we have parked the car then."
She suggested.

"And now I know more about vampire society than I wanted to have to know, no offense," he said in a sardonic tone. "But it seems I might -need- to know, or at least have a basic handle on it, so thank you."

"Well knowledge is seldom a bad thing Adley, just do not let them know how much you know, it have gotten me into hot water a few times."
Kristina muttered then she added.
"It have forced me to demonstrate that well a mage can be a force to be reckoned with, but yes when dealing with someone knowing a bit about their society is useful I think."

"Assuming they are not being used for other purposes, we have some restraints. And we can apply magicks onto him but once we pull the stake, understandably, there is no putting it back. So where should we take him then?"

"The Chief's cuffs? Yeah those should work on him."
Cara said and nodded.
"They pretty much shut down all magick regardless of what it is...and no putting the stake back is probably not a good idea no...hum...what if we take him to one of the motels at the city limits it should be possible to get a fairly private room there and then make sure no sounds escape from it."
She suggested.

"If you don't mind, something tells me you would be quite accurate at such a task," he said. He started working on a prime scan rote in the meantime so that he could help her divvy out the tass.

The Tass was glowing brightly with power as you use your rote. Daisy nodded and helped you put the gravel into equally sized little packs in the satin bags she had created, the cyborg worked with care and with surprisingly nimble fingers for her size.
"These pebbles and sand do not look like much Mr Roth Hicks but even I can feel it's power pulsating."
The Deaconess muttered as she worked.

"Quite, that will take me a few moments," he agreed. As everyone began their protective magicks he started his own. And speaking of hand seals and gestures, he found it easier to coordinate with his voice now than he used to, the experience of it made more sense. He was busy working for a while as the others chatted about things around him, interspersing comment between the rotes for spiritual and physical protection that he'd used earlier.

Reality obeyed you as you spoke with your voice and your hands, in a way that is what Susannah had showed you, not just the older hand gestures which in some ways made more sense, but also how she spoke with them, her mentor being deaf she would know how to sign, and to her spoken words and gestures where pretty much the same, and once they had directed her magick, not anymore though. You can feel your protections falling into place. From the corner of your eye you see Adjan simply rolling his dice as he worked on his own protections. Cara might have done the work already as she was busy talking with the others at the moment, many Hermetics worked their protective magick as they rose for the day after all.

You see magick around you off course you are in a car with several other mages, but there is nothing out of the ordinary here, you can now see that indeed it is 25 drams of Tass in that bag.

"Agreed and if someone stays with the van we'll need to contact them as well so we might need to end it when we've done our preliminary measures on site. Also, I would like Kristina to have some sort of protections...leaving anyone alone is not wise..."

"It is likely to be to many of us down in the storm drain anyway...however we might all have abilities that are needed. I could leave some of my nanites with Mrs Knox if you think that will be helpful Mr Rot Hicks, they can both communicate back and forth and can be quite useful in a pinch."
Daisy suggested.

"Whatever they summon is...awful and a blight on our reality. The other thing was an outsider spirit that caused despair," he interjected as he switched to his second rote.

"Ah...lovely..."
Cara muttered sarcastically.
"Well let us hope the fates are kind and that we do not encounter any of those."

"Not a memory...I'm not like my amicus here," he said gesturing to Colin. "But it was...something. Perhaps a warning."

Adjan nodded.
"Hum...a terrifying warning then, let us hope that if it is so, that we manage to heed it and stop it from coming to pass."
The Euthanatos muttered and frowned.

"Good question, I will ask them though I believe they said they could."

"Well then that is a good escape plan if any of us get injured then."
Kristina declared.

"Alright, that sounds useful though do recall the Fallen have taken to using it as well..."

"The Fallen are unfortunately more skilled with and at home in the Umbra than any other faction my friend, probably because of their Paradox issues."
Adjan said and sigh.
"It is still a good way to get away quickly though."

"Those with the shields up should try to cover the others then," he said.

Daisy nodded at that.
"I can probably make a kinetic shield but Auram have never been my thing, it is not a specialty of my House."
Cara said.
"I can do so as well, I have brought some prepared crystals."
Kristina announced.
"Which others should be able to use so I can hand a few of them out once we are parked."

"Hmmm...even worse in this case when said iron-fisted matriarchs or patriarchs can survive centuries without ever changing, I suppose."

"Yes well that would be the definition of a vampire."
Kristina muttered.

"I wouldn't make any assumptions; they could have something else up their sleeves instead. Like investment marks." He frowned.

"Yes we can not take anything for granted."
Adjan muttered.

"It still does not solve the issue of him simply being stronger, faster, ancient and possibly already hacked off...though if he is delirious, perhaps it would help?"

"Would it help to empty you of Quintessence if you had gone insane from torture Adley?"
Kristina muttered.
"No this is not likely to help with that but taking away some of the Tass in him will put a damper on his powers though yes the Chief's cuffs are a easier and better solution."

"Yes, as soon as it's not in a big pile," he agreed, ready to hand over one when it was ready.

Daisy nodded and handed you a ready and filled purple satin bag filled with Tass gravel for you to hand to Colin.
"The rest should be done soon."
She muttered.

(OOC: Do not worry about it, real life comes first and yeah some days are slow days not a problem.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:28 am

Strawberry looked up at you tears still streaming down her pale face.
"There are many others...but they do not like me, I am not like them. The plague came to me while I was a pampered pet, I was not born on the streets and I do not mind humans...so I live apart from my own kind so yes I am alone."
She muttered sadly and more tears rolled down her cheeks.
"What will help Bobby then? He is dead..."
She whimpered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top