Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Warpmind on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:32 pm

Colin grinned, "It's one word, Harryhausen. Ray Harryhausen. The man was a genius, but his work looks... well, I believe he is listed as a cult icon, of sorts."

Colin sighed softly and hugged Freddy a little tighter, "Remember her and be angry, luv, just make sure you own the anger, and not the other way around... Keep in mind, not all Technocrats are evil, and not all Traditionalists are good... Like in every other war, both sides have their genuinely heroic individuals along with the utter bastards..."
He nodded, thoughtfully stroking his own chest, near the heart, "Yes, the alternative... in the long run, that, too, may see a change for not working as intended... or as commonly believed. I'll... explain further when we're back in Boston; I'll want you with me when I speak with Master Telar and mister Karyak about something."
He kissed Freddy back with a roguish grin, "Of course I'll try to take care of myself... but I'll be just as busy guarding everyone else, and trusting they do the same for me. It's worked out decently so far."

He looked around the corridor briefly, then looked over the maps once more, stacking them neatly, and headed down to the computer lab to look for Master Harris.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:43 pm

Colin grinned, "It's one word, Harryhausen. Ray Harryhausen. The man was a genius, but his work looks... well, I believe he is listed as a cult icon, of sorts."

"Harryhausen...got you, I will google the man then."
The young healer promised.

Colin sighed softly and hugged Freddy a little tighter, "Remember her and be angry, luv, just make sure you own the anger, and not the other way around... Keep in mind, not all Technocrats are evil, and not all Traditionalists are good... Like in every other war, both sides have their genuinely heroic individuals along with the utter bastards..."

"I know love it is just that after they...experimented on me and later killed my Mentor, it is hard for me not to hate them."
Freddy said with a hard tone of voice.
"I know you are right Colin, that you are wiser in this, I know but I...just can not help but hate them all."
She muttered and had a hard, hurt expression in her eyes as she spoke.

He nodded, thoughtfully stroking his own chest, near the heart, "Yes, the alternative... in the long run, that, too, may see a change for not working as intended... or as commonly believed. I'll... explain further when we're back in Boston; I'll want you with me when I speak with Master Telar and mister Karyak about something."

"I see...it seams you have quite some things to tell."
Freddy said and she looked quite puzzled then she gave you a loving smile.
"Off course I will be there love...hum Karyak that is the shaman with the fish right? The one who just joined Steelhaven?"

He kissed Freddy back with a roguish grin, "Of course I'll try to take care of myself... but I'll be just as busy guarding everyone else, and trusting they do the same for me. It's worked out decently so far."

"Good, keep that up."
Freddy said and smiled.
"And kick a bit of butt from me as well."

He looked around the corridor briefly, then looked over the maps once more, stacking them neatly, and headed down to the computer lab to look for Master Harris.

You get to the computer room. You find Master Harris writing something on one of the computers, a program of some sort it seams but you do not recognize the programming language. Hans turned around when he heard you and took his glasses of and rubbed his tired eyes.
"Mr Wainwright, did everyone get back safely?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Colin sighed softly, "You have every right to hate them, luv, just don't let it become a white whale."
He nodded, "Yes, the... I believe he is from New Zealand. He's got a most exceptional talent for Avatars..."
He grinned and saluted Freddy, "I'll do my best, ma'am."

He grinned to Master Harris, "Aside from a ratbite and a few scratches, yes, we did. More importantly, I have something for you... You know the saying about the mouths of babes, or perhaps the one about geeks bearing gifts?"
He handed over the Labyrinth maps, "It would appear the next mission just became a little easier... could you make a few copies of these, and perhaps cross-reference the area around that old cinema?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Colin sighed softly, "You have every right to hate them, luv, just don't let it become a white whale."

"I know love...I know and I will try to not let that hatred consume me, and hey I have you to keep my leveled, if ever you think I get to focused on the Technocracy and getting to hateful make sure to slap me over the head with some reason and common sense."
Freddy muttered then she gave you a bit of a grin.

He nodded, "Yes, the... I believe he is from New Zealand. He's got a most exceptional talent for Avatars..."

"Ah yes, I do not think I have met him yet, I only heard that he brought a wereshark to the Chantry...I mean...a fish man did you even know they exist?"
The Virtual Adept said then she looked a bit concerned.
"Since you are talking with someone that are good with souls, I hope nothing is wrong love?"

He grinned and saluted Freddy, "I'll do my best, ma'am."

Freddy giggled softly and blew you a kiss before settling back down into bed.

He grinned to Master Harris, "Aside from a ratbite and a few scratches, yes, we did. More importantly, I have something for you... You know the saying about the mouths of babes, or perhaps the one about geeks bearing gifts?"

"Good to hear...ah geeks bearings gifts indeed."
Hans said with an amused grin.
"Ok what do you have to show me Mr Wainwring?"
He asked and held out his hand.

He handed over the Labyrinth maps, "It would appear the next mission just became a little easier... could you make a few copies of these, and perhaps cross-reference the area around that old cinema?"

"Yeah sure, I can make some copies of this, how many do you want?"
He asked then glanced at the maps.
"A kid made these Mr Wainwright, what are they a map of a labyrinth?"
He asked then he suddenly got it and looked up at you.
"Ohh a Labyrinth...but again where have you gotten these? Yeah sure I can do some research not a problem. I will get one of my computer spirits to do it."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply my husband and I am playing MtG and he appear to be kicking my ass with my new deck that he have sort of claimed for his own. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:59 pm

Colin smirked, "And if reason and common sense prove insufficient, I'm sure I can find some other means of snapping you out of it. I do believe I have a quite bendy ruler lying around somewhere..."
He nodded, "Coawa. I've met the fellow; quite pleasant, if perhaps a little... direct. I didn't know there were were weresharks until I met him... though, of course, as a silversmith, I suppose changing folk in general would give me a wide berth. And no, nothing is wrong, I just want to see something for myself, and I'd like you there with me; let you see what you are getting into, if it's going on display anyway. Plus, I suspect his talents could be valuable for leading Fallen Avatars... home, as it were. As a long-term project."

He smiled to Hans, eyes glittering with amusement, "Spot on... I think five sets would be more than sufficient, plus one for yourself. As for where I got these, I picked them up in your infirmary."

((OOC: Not a problem. I needed that nap anyway. Getting old, you know... Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:17 pm

Colin smirked, "And if reason and common sense prove insufficient, I'm sure I can find some other means of snapping you out of it. I do believe I have a quite bendy ruler lying around somewhere..."

Freddy gave a bit of a giggle at that.
"Well you are a resourceful man love."
She said sounding amused.

He nodded, "Coawa. I've met the fellow; quite pleasant, if perhaps a little... direct. I didn't know there were were weresharks until I met him... though, of course, as a silversmith, I suppose changing folk in general would give me a wide berth.

"So silver actually works on shapeshifters? it is not just a myth...well then yes I will assume you are right you might not be the first person they would choose to hang around with...a wereshark, most interesting, our little Chantry are becoming quite lively."

And no, nothing is wrong, I just want to see something for myself, and I'd like you there with me; let you see what you are getting into, if it's going on display anyway.

"I see, I am quite curious now love, but yes off course I will be there, if looking at your Avatar is a way to see what I am getting into though I hope you do not want to meet mine or you might run the other way for he is literary that wise ass, asshole on every online message board...I just want to strangle him at times...well not actually but you get my point."
Freddy grumbled.

Plus, I suspect his talents could be valuable for leading Fallen Avatars... home, as it were. As a long-term project."

"You think he might be able to help Bee and this girl you have ehm...taken under your wing as it were? And the Chief's new apprentice?"
Freddy asked.
"For if so that would be great."
She said hopefully.
"But yes that is probably a long term project yes."

He smiled to Hans, eyes glittering with amusement, "Spot on... I think five sets would be more than sufficient, plus one for yourself. As for where I got these, I picked them up in your infirmary."

"Five sets very well."
Hans said and nodded he stood and walked over to the copier in the corner and begun to feed it the pages.
"The infirmary? How?"
He asked and raised an eyebrow.
"Ah that Nephandi girl you retrieved...you got her to cooperate with us?"

(OOC: Naps are awesome.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:42 pm

Colin nodded, "Silver seems to have a detrimental effect on several types of shapeshifters, yes - though I'm by no means sure if that, hm, allergy is universal. But it does at least seem common, to varying degrees of severity. As for Mr. Karyak's brother, well, I doubt a bit of cutlery would help me much against him in any case. The man has an impressive reach and strength in his human form; I'd hate to get on his bad side."
He smirked, "Luv, I'm British. My cultural baggage is laden with the vicious repartee. I'm sure I could endure meeting your little troll. For that matter, it might learn a thing or two... hm, you're probably right, it might not be a good idea."
He nodded, "I think Mr. Karyak can be a valuable asset... especially if it's a matter of displaying whether an Avatar has been cleansed or not; something like Master Telar's readings are difficult to interpret for others, but he can invite it out to show off... seems an awfully intimate experience, though, which is why I want you there, partly for comfort... but as the saying goes, seeing is believing."

He nodded to Hans, frowning a little, "Got it in one. I've managed to convince Anna that cooperating with me and helping keep me alive is her best bet for keeping... the seemingly inevitable at bay. Of course, the obligation on me to try to save her is... a bit of a complex affair, but I'll do what I can to at least make her as comfortable as I can until the end... I have no delusions about my chances of saving her outright, but at least I can stall things a little. I sort of feel a little guilty about the predicament I put her in, you know..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:49 pm

"Or they did it to be cruel...he have been tortured in other ways, and then kept them for the Tass, it is hard to know." Kristina said and sigh. "It is bad in either case.

"I do not doubt that the cruelty was to their mind an additional draw," he said, gruff with a tinge of anger.

"He said...he have been trying to step in and stop mages from being Embraced like he was as often as he came over the plans to do so, saving others from suffering his own fate was the only thing he could do...he says that Nicolai have done it before so he have been keeping his eyes on him." She muttered. "And that telepathic voice is so...empty when he speaks of this I...ehm"

"I see," he said. "It...what happened to your House, those many years ago, was a tragedy; further occurrences should be prevented..."

"He says he knows that the Nephandi have a little mage girl, an apprentice most likely, and that she was kept in Boston but was brought here. He say he do not know much about this Nephandi infestation but they have been attacking some, unusual vampire he have been working with but he do not know why."

He nodded at that. "The girl, do you know anything about who she is?" he asked, just to confirm it was Miss Bergen and not someone new they had to worry about. "Unusual vampires? Perhaps you could elaborate? They must be doing something the Nephandi wish to put a stop to."

"He says that indeed he knew that friend long ago, before he became what he is now, that he grew up with him. He says you remind him of him even if your appearance could not be more different. He then says that your dialect are modern but many of your words are classical, unlike mine which are all modern and that he miss the old language, that it flowed better than Church Latin."

He was quiet a beat. "I hope such similarities do not cause you...unfond memories."

"He seams amused by the question, he say it was for song, he picked his name for that when he was at the end of his apprenticeship, and did not want to pick another when he was made into a Vampire, even if the one who made him like this wanted him to. He also says that at times it is good to have one's mind wander a bit, that is how one get new ideas."

"As long as it meanders its way back to where it needs to be," he said with a faint smile.

"Thank you Sodalis." He said as he begun to draw a quick map, then handed it back. From what you could see the map lead to exactly the same place where Tian claimed that the Labyrinth was located.

He glanced it over and gave a nod. It matched up with their intel and then handed the page over to the Chief to inspect, putting the rest of the notebook away.

"There is always a danger as long as those teeth physically exist, but it should be minimal. I will set up a ward around this room to add another layer of protection just to be sure." He said and brushed off his pants as he stood.

"That is a wise precaution, thank you. And also for your assistance earlier with that spirit. We really must find some way to prepare against them, though they are not the most obviously aggressive of them, they have an impact one would wish to curtail." He sighed.

// sleep is good, I totally slept in today! Saving social points for tomorrow, I have a party to go to : )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Silver seems to have a detrimental effect on several types of shapeshifters, yes - though I'm by no means sure if that, hm, allergy is universal. But it does at least seem common, to varying degrees of severity. As for Mr. Karyak's brother, well, I doubt a bit of cutlery would help me much against him in any case. The man has an impressive reach and strength in his human form; I'd hate to get on his bad side."

"I wonder why silver hurts them...I guess that is speculation for another day though."
Freddy said then she raised an eyebrow.
"Mr Karyak's brother how do that fit together are they really siblings? Well In any case it will be interesting to get to know the two of them."

He smirked, "Luv, I'm British. My cultural baggage is laden with the vicious repartee. I'm sure I could endure meeting your little troll. For that matter, it might learn a thing or two... hm, you're probably right, it might not be a good idea."

"I think the two of you meeting would be either a disaster or...far to successful, then again you might be able to teach my little troll some manners...maybe..."
Freddy said and grinned.
"Though having you argue with my soul would feel rather weird."

He nodded, "I think Mr. Karyak can be a valuable asset... especially if it's a matter of displaying whether an Avatar has been cleansed or not; something like Master Telar's readings are difficult to interpret for others, but he can invite it out to show off...

"Wait...your new Cabalmate can get an Avatar to show itself...outside of the host? How powerful is he that is some Master level shit right there, interacting with the Avatars of other mages are not easy, not easy at all but yeah if he can do that it is pretty cool and it would be a good way to prove that an Avatar is cleansed yes...if it can be done."

seems an awfully intimate experience, though, which is why I want you there, partly for comfort... but as the saying goes, seeing is believing."

"I can see how it would be very intimate...I am not sure if I would like someone else seeing my soul, and not just because he is an asshole, it is such a intimate part of me I...well I am honored you would want me there though..."
Freddy said and squeezed your hand gently.
"I am happy you trust me that much."

He nodded to Hans, frowning a little, "Got it in one. I've managed to convince Anna that cooperating with me and helping keep me alive is her best bet for keeping... the seemingly inevitable at bay.

"Well if faced with...that...most would do just about anything to stave it off I guess, I am curious how you are able to afford the child that protection though Mr Wainwright."
Hans said and frowned.

Of course, the obligation on me to try to save her is... a bit of a complex affair, but I'll do what I can to at least make her as comfortable as I can until the end...

"It can not be easy...and her fate is not...well it is not likely that the outcome will be good for a captured Fallen. I hope you manage to make the girl somewhat comfortable, she deserves that at least, after all she is just a child...besides my student are quite...distraught over having helped to bring her in."
The Virtual Adept said sounding worried.
"That the girl is treated well will perhaps help ease his mind."

I have no delusions about my chances of saving her outright, but at least I can stall things a little. I sort of feel a little guilty about the predicament I put her in, you know..."

"Well most would do anything to have something like that stalled, if only for a little while...and yes the situation is horrible but she is an Nephandus and while it is troublesome when children get involved in the Asencion War, but thing being what they are...well...sometimes we have to do horrible things..."
Hans muttered sadly.

Adley:

"I do not doubt that the cruelty was to their mind an additional draw," he said, gruff with a tinge of anger.

"Hum...yes the Nephandi are disturbed souls...literary and many of them seam to be fond of cruelty...not that they are alone in that...but yes, we do not know if they took our guest's fangs for some purpose or just to hurt him, and if they had a purpose what that is."
Kristina said and frowned.

"I see," he said. "It...what happened to your House, those many years ago, was a tragedy; further occurrences should be prevented..."

Kristina looks at Carmon for a moment then she glance at you and says.
"Right now his telepathic communication was filled with so much pain. What he said though was to thank you and agree, but he also say that many of his House still go after those who are magically gifted, ignoring the consequence for power, he think perhaps they are beyond saving."
She said and sigh sadly.
"He is suffering so much...and I am not only talking about that stake or his injuries."
She muttered.

He nodded at that. "The girl, do you know anything about who she is?" he asked, just to confirm it was Miss Bergen and not someone new they had to worry about. "Unusual vampires? Perhaps you could elaborate? They must be doing something the Nephandi wish to put a stop to."

Kristina was quiet for a while then she said.
"He says the girl is named Liv Bergen, kidnapped from her Mentor in Turkey. He says the vampire he is talking about have fay blood, and he suspect that the Nephandi want to take him out since those vampires, or at least some of them have the ability to know the way in any underground tunnel, no matter what. He also says they are usually not with with Camarilla so this one have been hiding from the Prince."
Kristina said her eyes widening a little.
"I have heard of such being in whispers but that one is here...that is rare indeed and I am suprised the Nephandi know of them."

He was quiet a beat. "I hope such similarities do not cause you...unfond memories."

Kristina looked at Carmon then she smiles.
"No, he says he find the similarities quite comforting, that he know his friend is long dead, that while possible most mages do not live that long, and Hermetics at that time did not and he miss him, but that thinking about him remind him of better times. He says he was done mourning his friend that he lost when he became what he is, long ago, now a reminder of him is welcome."

"As long as it meanders its way back to where it needs to be," he said with a faint smile.

Kristina smiles a little.
"Carmon seams amused at that statement."
She said and you could see that the vampire looked less scared and had a bit of a twinkle of amusement in his dark brown eyes.

He glanced it over and gave a nod. It matched up with their intel and then handed the page over to the Chief to inspect, putting the rest of the notebook away.

Chief Joakim took the page and looked it over before handing it back.
"Thank you Master Min."
He said simply.

"That is a wise precaution, thank you. And also for your assistance earlier with that spirit. We really must find some way to prepare against them, though they are not the most obviously aggressive of them, they have an impact one would wish to curtail." He sighed.

"Yes well they are hard to ward against since they do not belong in this reality, and I am not then talking about existential planes, they do not belong in creation, if this entire reality where a cake, with the various Umbral layers the layers of the cake then they would be the batch of bad dough left behind."
The Enforcer said and sigh.
"But I will see if I can come up with something Sodalis."

(OOC: Enjoy your party tomorrow.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:38 pm

"Hum...yes the Nephandi are disturbed souls...literary and many of them seam to be fond of cruelty...not that they are alone in that...but yes, we do not know if they took our guest's fangs for some purpose or just to hurt him, and if they had a purpose what that is."

"Carmon, I don't suppose you know why they took them? Or what they were planning on doing with you...later? We have some hypothesis."

"Right now his telepathic communication was filled with so much pain. What he said though was to thank you and agree, but he also say that many of his House still go after those who are magically gifted, ignoring the consequence for power, he think perhaps they are beyond saving." She said and sigh sadly. "He is suffering so much...and I am not only talking about that stake or his injuries."

He looked dolefully at them as she spoke. There were not many ways that he could offer to help him but the man had tried to do something, even after he'd been made a vampire.

"He says the girl is named Liv Bergen, kidnapped from her Mentor in Turkey. He says the vampire he is talking about have fay blood, and he suspect that the Nephandi want to take him out since those vampires, or at least some of them have the ability to know the way in any underground tunnel, no matter what. He also says they are usually not with with Camarilla so this one have been hiding from the Prince." Kristina said her eyes widening a little. "I have heard of such being in whispers but that one is here...that is rare indeed and I am suprised the Nephandi know of them."

He nodded at the first part of what he said about Liv and then looked confused, brows drawing together. "Vampires with fey blood?" He tilted his head at Kristina and frowned, thinking about what Tyler told him earlier. He'd almost forgotten about it. All that had been left of him was an ornamental dagger. "Are there distinctive features that might be recognized, or something that such would carry?"

"No, he says he find the similarities quite comforting, that he know his friend is long dead, that while possible most mages do not live that long, and Hermetics at that time did not and he miss him, but that thinking about him remind him of better times. He says he was done mourning his friend that he lost when he became what he is, long ago, now a reminder of him is welcome."

He looked away and then said, "I am sure that he mourned you as well...and that he was...regretful for what transpired, afterward." He cleared his throat. "Ah, there I go again, apologizing. Yet...someone should apologize. And if he cannot then perhaps he would not mind me voicing it. Whomever he was."

"Yes well they are hard to ward against since they do not belong in this reality, and I am not then talking about existential planes, they do not belong in creation, if this entire reality where a cake, with the various Umbral layers the layers of the cake then they would be the batch of bad dough left behind." The Enforcer said and sigh. "But I will see if I can come up with something Sodalis."

"That is a simile worth remembering to explain to someone else. However, yes mental and spiritual protections will be helpful, I believe. Thank you sir. Please let me know if there is something else I can assist with?" he asked them.

// thank you : )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:48 pm

Colin shrugged, "I would hazard that something in the shapechanging biology includes a heightened sensitivity to silver. It is toxic to humans in high doses - a condition called Argyria, where one turns blue, is a condition that's affected a lot of industrial silver workers over the past centuries. My workshop is well ventilated to counter exactly that."
He grinned, "I can think of few things more infuriating than a well-mannered, polite troll... Perhaps best not go there."
He nodded, "I think it's that he's got some knack for inviting it out - he calls it singing their song, I think. I don't think he can force it out, just invite it to come out of its own will. Not too dissimilar, I suppose, to how I can get Masters of the Art to listen to what I have to say; not as a function of raw power, but by some subtler means."
He smirked and squeezed Freddy's hand back, "Well, I've seen our children scamper about the house. If that's not enough to make me trust you implicitly, nothing is."

He sighed, "Protecting her won't be easy... She'll need a sympathetic Mentor who is willing to try to guide her bakc to the light, as it were. But for a while, her heart and lungs are... improperly healed. Any attempt on her Avatar would kill her, and that would leave an angry disembodied Avatar free to do... a lot of damage, I'm given to understand. So, the initial stalling part is easy, but finding someone brave and compassionate of Adept rank or higher is going to be... an interesting challenge. Very, very interesting... I'll do what I can, but I'll have to admit, if she dies from her injuries before anything else can happen, it would be... simpler. Not better, perhaps, but simpler."
He slumped down on a chair, leaning his head back a little, "Some days I really hate simplicity, you know..."
He glanced over at the monitor, "So what's this you are working on? Teleportation program? A better cup of coffee? A gold-farming bot for World of Warcraft?"

((OOC: Yes, enjoy your party. Tomorrow, it is my birthday; another round around the Sun, whee. It will be spent running D&D Adventurers' League, followed by my sweetling taking me out to dinner. Better that than some incessant party. Smile ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:42 am

Adley:

"Carmon, I don't suppose you know why they took them? Or what they were planning on doing with you...later? We have some hypothesis."

Kristina looked at Carmon then she said.
"The question makes him uneasy, but he says a man came down to where he was kept and ripped his fangs out, he do not know who he was but he was alive as his hands where warm. He do know what they where planning to do with him, that they would kill him at dawn, probably as a sacrifice."

"Vampires with fey blood?" He tilted his head at Kristina and frowned, thinking about what Tyler told him earlier. He'd almost forgotten about it. All that had been left of him was an ornamental dagger. "Are there distinctive features that might be recognized, or something that such would carry?"

Kristina was quiet as she communicated with Carmon then she said.
"He confirms Yes vampires with fay blood, that they are rare but it do happen. He says they are tall and thin usually with all black eyes and that they usually carry some form of knife, often a very nice one as they are unable to feed directly from their victims for some reason and have to bleed them into a glass first...then he adds a bit ruefully that he will have to do that to now and find some way of talking someone into giving him blood as he do not want to hurt anyone."

He looked away and then said, "I am sure that he mourned you as well...and that he was...regretful for what transpired, afterward." He cleared his throat. "Ah, there I go again, apologizing. Yet...someone should apologize. And if he cannot then perhaps he would not mind me voicing it. Whomever he was."

Kristina looks at Carmon then she nodded and looks at you.
"He is saddened but he says that the one that should apologize was his Mentor that betrayed him and made him like this, even knowing himself what it would do to him. He says he often considered to go and visit his friend, but he did not want to want to put him in danger or get him into contact with vampires, and he did not want him to see him like this though at times he would dream during the day that his old friend would find him and finally free him...and that sometimes he still do. He says he should apologize for never contacting his friend but he just did not want to risk the Tremere going after him. And again he just feel so...sad."
The Verbena muttered softly.
"So very sad."
She repeated and very gently touched Carmon's hand.

"That is a simile worth remembering to explain to someone else. However, yes mental and spiritual protections will be helpful, I believe. Thank you sir. Please let me know if there is something else I can assist with?" he asked them.

"I might be able to work something out...I will be using lab number three in the working section of the basement, come see me once you are done planning out the next move with the Chief, I was never a tactician, but I might be able to cook up some protections."
Min said as he headed for the door giving you both a nod and one for Carmon as well.
"I should probably get to it then gentlemen, and get a certain ladyto help me with it as well."

Joakim nodded.
"Very well thank you Sodalis...as for you Mr Roth Hicks we should probably meet up with your Cabalmate I still want that rapport before I set up a strike team."
He said and gave you a smile.
"Unless you had something else you wanted to say to our guest."

Colin:

Colin shrugged, "I would hazard that something in the shapechanging biology includes a heightened sensitivity to silver. It is toxic to humans in high doses - a condition called Argyria, where one turns blue, is a condition that's affected a lot of industrial silver workers over the past centuries. My workshop is well ventilated to counter exactly that."

"So you are not coming home as a smurf one day then love? For that would so end up on Instagram you know?"
Freddy teased you.
"Well you might be right or it might be some paranormal thing like how Deaconess O'Connor can not stand the touch of iron."
She suggested.

He grinned, "I can think of few things more infuriating than a well-mannered, polite troll... Perhaps best not go there."

"You do have a point there love, you do have a point, indeed perhaps it is best you two never meet, then again in talking with me you are also talking with him...no no he is going to get even more annoying is he not?"

He nodded, "I think it's that he's got some knack for inviting it out - he calls it singing their song, I think. I don't think he can force it out, just invite it to come out of its own will. Not too dissimilar, I suppose, to how I can get Masters of the Art to listen to what I have to say; not as a function of raw power, but by some subtler means."

"That is interesting...and it is some talent to have. I guess that one day then he might get even better with Avatars than Master Telar."
Freddy said.
"Perhaps he could talk mine into not being an arrogant snot, then again that is sort of the essence of the thing so I do not know if you can change that."
She muttered giving a wry smile.

He smirked and squeezed Freddy's hand back, "Well, I've seen our children scamper about the house. If that's not enough to make me trust you implicitly, nothing is."

"Ah yes...children...I never considered having any you know, most mages don't, but when you spoke of it, well it is not an unpleasant notion if that part of you vision ends up becoming true."
The Virtual Adept said and gave you a loving smile.

He sighed, "Protecting her won't be easy... She'll need a sympathetic Mentor who is willing to try to guide her bakc to the light, as it were. But for a while, her heart and lungs are... improperly healed. Any attempt on her Avatar would kill her, and that would leave an angry disembodied Avatar free to do... a lot of damage, I'm given to understand.

"I see, well yes Avatars are perfect, powerful beings, we might all disagree on exactly what they are and what their purpose for incarnation is, but we know they are that, but they give up that perfection when they become incarnate, I guess they would not learn if they just instantly turned their hosts into gods, so bound to a host they are limited to whispering in our ears or in my case appearing in numbers, but once the host dies they return to what they was before, with the new knowledge they gained, usually they then go straight to what is known as the Well of Souls, or at least we think they do, to be reborn again, some circumstances like for example them being ripped out of the body of the host during...well that would be bad. There is a reason that ritual is not done after death when it have to be performed, even if that would be far more humane."
Hans said and shuddered a bit at the thought.

So, the initial stalling part is easy, but finding someone brave and compassionate of Adept rank or higher is going to be... an interesting challenge. Very, very interesting... I'll do what I can, but I'll have to admit, if she dies from her injuries before anything else can happen, it would be... simpler. Not better, perhaps, but simpler."

"Well I agree that she needs a Mentor and I wish you good luck in trying to find one to do the job, just do not suggjest this for Joe, he is so upset about capturing a child to be...he might volunteer and he is not ready for that kind of trouble."
The Virtual Adept said sternly then he frowned.
"I doubt anything can be done to cleanse the girl, but if she can be made to turn her back on the Nephandi perhaps she deserves a chance at it anyway...and yes, it would be simpler if she died indeed...but not necessarily better."

He slumped down on a chair, leaning his head back a little, "Some days I really hate simplicity, you know..."

"Yeah...at times that can suck."
Hans said he gathered the copies he had made and handed them to you, keeping one for himself then he took the thermos with coffee he had on his desk and filled a cup of it and handed it to you.
"I do not have tea, but you look like you could do with something warm to drink Mr Wainwright."
He offered.

He glanced over at the monitor, "So what's this you are working on? Teleportation program? A better cup of coffee? A gold-farming bot for World of Warcraft?"

"Hanging spells to send with the strike team that go to deal with the Labyrinth, I was thinking a few of those, made so others could activate them, that is the hard part, might just come in handy."
Hans said with a bit of a smile.
"Besides I like to hold a teleportation rote ready just in case someone need a emergency evacuation."
He added.

(OOC: Happy birthday Warp. And yes that sounds like a good way to spend your birthday.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:39 am

"The question makes him uneasy, but he says a man came down to where he was kept and ripped his fangs out, he do not know who he was but he was alive as his hands where warm. He do know what they where planning to do with him, that they would kill him at dawn, probably as a sacrifice."

"I know these are disturbing questions but the Nephandi's plans are convoluted, to say the least."

"He confirms Yes vampires with fay blood, that they are rare but it do happen. He says they are tall and thin usually with all black eyes and that they usually carry some form of knife, often a very nice one as they are unable to feed directly from their victims for some reason and have to bleed them into a glass first...then he adds a bit ruefully that he will have to do that to now and find some way of talking someone into giving him blood as he do not want to hurt anyone."

"All black eyes...strange. I would certainly say that I've never heard of such a thing before. If it is rare, then how did the Nephandi know about them? A knife...I see. That is...not good news. There was only one such individual you knew of of this type of vampire?"

Kristina looks at Carmon then she nodded and looks at you."He is saddened but he says that the one that should apologize was his Mentor that betrayed him and made him like this, even knowing himself what it would do to him. He says he often considered to go and visit his friend, but he did not want to want to put him in danger or get him into contact with vampires, and he did not want him to see him like this though at times he would dream during the day that his old friend would find him and finally free him...and that sometimes he still do. He says he should apologize for never contacting his friend but he just did not want to risk the Tremere going after him. And again he just feel so...sad."

"Even so, I would feel...remorse if I knew that my friend had met such a fate. I did not do something to stop it. Yet it was likely true that it would have put you both at great risk to contact one another afterward." He frowned and picked at the edge of a sleeve, feeling quite upset himself. Eventually he said, "Is that what you truly want now, to be free of this...state?"

"I might be able to work something out...I will be using lab number three in the working section of the basement, come see me once you are done planning out the next move with the Chief, I was never a tactician, but I might be able to cook up some protections." Min said as he headed for the door giving you both a nod and one for Carmon as well. "I should probably get to it then gentlemen, and get a certain lady to help me with it as well."

He gave the man a bow. "Yes, sir."

"Very well thank you Sodalis...as for you Mr Roth Hicks we should probably meet up with your Cabalmate I still want that rapport before I set up a strike team." He said and gave you a smile. "Unless you had something else you wanted to say to our guest."

"I have yet to visit the infirmary," he said. "I would still like to do so and I can check if he is still there. I will report back as soon as that has been taken care of, by your leave sir." Then he turned to Mrs Knox and Carmon. "Thank you for helping me to speak with him," he said to her. Then, "There may be time for more words later but for now we must stop the Nephandi."

// Happy birthday Warp, sounds like a great day to me. Hope you have a good time.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fix quotes)
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:05 am

"I know these are disturbing questions but the Nephandi's plans are convoluted, to say the least."

Kristina looked at Carmon then she said.
"He accepts the questions even if they are hard and will answer them."

"All black eyes...strange. I would certainly say that I've never heard of such a thing before. If it is rare, then how did the Nephandi know about them? A knife...I see. That is...not good news. There was only one such individual you knew of of this type of vampire?"

The young Verbena was quiet as she communicated with Carmon's his telepathic communication came slower now and you could see that he was getting tired.
"He do not know how the Nephandi found out, perhaps one of the Tremere knew he was there and told them but he do not know. He says no, he knows of one more, the one here in Chicago's childe, though he do not know where this man is."

"Even so, I would feel...remorse if I knew that my friend had met such a fate. I did not do something to stop it. Yet it was likely true that it would have put you both at great risk to contact one another afterward." He frowned and picked at the edge of a sleeve, feeling quite upset himself. Eventually he said, "Is that what you truly want now, to be free of this...state?"

Kristina's eyes filled with sadness from the communications she received.
"He says that for a while he was angry, for he had asked his friend to come with him when his Mentor sent for him, and he had this feeling something was not right, but his friend would not come, there was so much to do, this was right after the war, but soon he came to accept that his friend could not have known what the situation was and that if he had come with him, likely both had been vampires now since at that time the vampiric Tremere had started Embracing magi of other Houses and he forgave his friend, and was thankful he was not there to suffer the same fate."
She said then she draw a deep breath.
"As for the second question he says that yes, he want to be free of this state, that he have often tried to end it, so many times but he could not do it, he gets to scared, his Beast gets to scared, and so he have spent his life trying to prevent others from suffering his fate, knowing one day that will lead to his death and then at least his life would have meant something. He says that when he learned that his Gift was alive...he wondered if it had it lived, would at least been proud of what he had done and what he had accomplished."
She muttered and you saw tears made of blood roll down Carmon's cheeks.

"I have yet to visit the infirmary," he said. "I would still like to do so and I can check if he is still there. I will report back as soon as that has been taken care of, by your leave sir."

"Off course, off course go and get yourself checked out."
Joakim said and nodded.
"I will talk with you later Sodalis."

Then he turned to Mrs Knox and Carmon. "Thank you for helping me to speak with him," he said to her. Then, "There may be time for more words later but for now we must stop the Nephandi."

Kristina nodded.
"I will take care of him for now, and he needs rest, vampires do not need physical rest like we do but they need mental rest, I will make sure he is as comfortable as possible."
She said and Joakim nodded.
"Well the only one that should disturb you is Master Min when he comes back to cast some wards on this room."
He said as he nodded to them before heading out himself.Kristina nodded.
"I am sure Carmon would like to talk more as well but yes indeed, right now we need to stop the Nephandi."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:59 am

Colin grinned, "No, smurfhood is unlikely. At most, a few patches of skin. The real problem with Argyria is that there's no cure, so unless one could find, oh, a wizard or something, the discolouration is permanent. And yes, a supernatural weakness is just as likely."
He shrugged, "I have no memory of meeting your Avatar, so I can't say. Then again, I suppose it would take something a little more drastic to actually change an Avatar."
He nodded, "Mr. Karyak certainly has the potential. On the other hand, his Paradigm might limit what he can actually do. Hard to say, I haven't seen enough of his work."
He grinned, "well, luv, keep in mind my injuries; you might not have contemplated children, but I was long past contemplating romance. I'm glad you spoke up and changed my mind about that, though."

Colin shook his head, "I would not dream of asking Joe. It would have to be someone a little more... mature, for want of a better term. He is a good kid, but he's not hardened enough against the cruelties of the world; he is a little too innocent for such an apprentice. So no, not him."
He smiled, "A cuppa would be excellent. We encountered an Outsider Thing, and despite getting a warm hug, that chill has not entirely left me. Real coffee or cupboard lint this time?"
He pondered for a moment, "Actually, regarding the, er, homebrew coffee, you complained about the bitterness being off. Have you considered a sprinkling of pure cocoa? No milk, novsugar, just pure dark chocolate?"
He nodded, "Those are useful, yes. We benefited from a couple of those on the vampire rescue. Have you considered using some programmable devices for them, something like a small key ring with a button or something?"

((OOC: Off to gaming I go. Likely offline all day. Smile ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:39 pm

Colin grinned, "No, smurfhood is unlikely. At most, a few patches of skin. The real problem with Argyria is that there's no cure, so unless one could find, oh, a wizard or something, the discolouration is permanent. And yes, a supernatural weakness is just as likely."

"To bad you would make for an adorable smurf."
Freddy joked then she nodded.
"I see, not something one would want to be afflicted with that, then again finding a wizard might not be that hard."
She said and grinned.
"I would put my money on a supernatural weakness but then again I really know nothing about shapechangers so I do not really know."

He shrugged, "I have no memory of meeting your Avatar, so I can't say. Then again, I suppose it would take something a little more drastic to actually change an Avatar."

"Yeah it is best not to try to change them I think as annoying as mine is, he is that way for a reason. Is not that what they say and Avatar will appear in the form that is most likely to lead the host to enlightenment, better not mess with that I think."
The Virtual Adept said with a why smile.
"No matter how much I would want to."

He nodded, "Mr. Karyak certainly has the potential. On the other hand, his Paradigm might limit what he can actually do. Hard to say, I haven't seen enough of his work."

"I guess we are going to have to see how far he can get. But I do hope he can help Bee, she deserve a better lot in life."

He grinned, "well, luv, keep in mind my injuries; you might not have contemplated children, but I was long past contemplating romance. I'm glad you spoke up and changed my mind about that, though."

Freddy put her hand against your cheek and ran her fingers down one of the scars.
"I like you exactly as you are Colin, and I am sure others would as well, but I am glad I got you. I have had my eyes on you for some time love."
She said and smiled.
"And whatever or not your visions are true or not we will build a life together..."
She said and smiled happily.

Colin shook his head, "I would not dream of asking Joe. It would have to be someone a little more... mature, for want of a better term. He is a good kid, but he's not hardened enough against the cruelties of the world; he is a little too innocent for such an apprentice. So no, not him."

"Yeah the kid is...not mature, he is like you said a good kid and he have a good heart, but in many ways he is still a kid. Perhaps I have sheltered him to much, he Awoke very young...well in any case thank you for not laying this on him, the kid is an Adept now and have been fully initiated for some time but he just is not ready for an apprentice and especially not that apprentice."
Hans said and nodded.

He smiled, "A cuppa would be excellent. We encountered an Outsider Thing, and despite getting a warm hug, that chill has not entirely left me. Real coffee or cupboard lint this time?"

"Real from the kitchen."
The Virtual Adept said as he handed you the cup.
"I could feel that thing when I opened the portal...and well I understand your sentiment, I would not have wanted to get closer...as if every choice you have ever made are being questioned..."
He muttered softly.

He pondered for a moment, "Actually, regarding the, er, homebrew coffee, you complained about the bitterness being off. Have you considered a sprinkling of pure cocoa? No milk, novsugar, just pure dark chocolate?"

"I have never tried to make something like that, but I am sure I could try to do that, but bitter flavors are not my strong suit...it would be good practice though..."

He nodded, "Those are useful, yes. We benefited from a couple of those on the vampire rescue. Have you considered using some programmable devices for them, something like a small key ring with a button or something?"

"I was thinking of just making them into apps for a phone, but I am sure I could put them into a device but since everyone have smart phones these days I was thinking it would be easier to do it that way.

(OOC: Enjoy your game Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:29 pm

The young Verbena was quiet as she communicated with Carmon's his telepathic communication came slower now and you could see that he was getting tired. "He do not know how the Nephandi found out, perhaps one of the Tremere knew he was there and told them but he do not know. He says no, he knows of one more, the one here in Chicago's childe, though he do not know where this man is."

"I see." He frowned.

"He says that for a while he was angry, for he had asked his friend to come with him when his Mentor sent for him, and he had this feeling something was not right, but his friend would not come, there was so much to do, this was right after the war, but soon he came to accept that his friend could not have known what the situation was and that if he had come with him, likely both had been vampires now since at that time the vampiric Tremere had started Embracing magi of other Houses and he forgave his friend, and was thankful he was not there to suffer the same fate."

"I suppose that is true," he said after a lengthy pause. "He could well have suffered the same fate if he had gone with you. I expect...that he wished he had gone with you at the time."

"As for the second question he says that yes, he want to be free of this state, that he have often tried to end it, so many times but he could not do it, he gets to scared, his Beast gets to scared, and so he have spent his life trying to prevent others from suffering his fate, knowing one day that will lead to his death and then at least his life would have meant something. He says that when he learned that his Gift was alive...he wondered if it had it lived, would at least been proud of what he had done and what he had accomplished."

At first, he simply felt more melancholic as he listened but then something caught his ear. "I'm sorry, did you mean that if your Gift had survived your ordeal, you believe it would be proud of attempting to spare others your fate? I believe I agree...oh, Carmon." He shook his head, walking a bit closer and then stuffing his hands in his sleeves as if he was not sure what to do, reach out to touch him, perhaps or do something to stop the pain. All the emotions running around inside of him were like a storm of some kind, or a raging sea. They were and were not his feelings, his emotions, memories bestowed upon him of a life that was not his, but now had been shown to him and it became a part of him. A part he would have to take care of...if for nothing else than offering Carmon the peace he deserved and also allowing his soul some measure of closure on something that had wounded it so long ago. Wounded them both. And now this on top of it all, he'd been taken into a Nephandi plot, staked by his own Clan, and had his teeth ripped out. It was hard to see him like this, knowing he was suffering so much. He wanted to give him what he wanted, if that was the only thing he could provide him - some measure of release from his vampiric state. He supposed it was the only thing that his House would be allowed to give him.

"Off course, off course go and get yourself checked out." Joakim said and nodded. "I will talk with you later Sodalis."

"Very soon, sir. If my cabalmate happens to find you first, please let him know I am on my way."

"I will take care of him for now, and he needs rest, vampires do not need physical rest like we do but they need mental rest, I will make sure he is as comfortable as possible." She said and Joakim nodded."Well the only one that should disturb you is Master Min when he comes back to cast some wards on this room."

"Thank you for taking care of him" he added to Kristina. He glanced at Joakim. "Oh he's coming back down? I thought he was going to work them before he left," he asked, confused. "Should I wait for his return?" He didn't seem to want to leave Carmon without as best protections as could be had, for all their sake. "Or are there questions that you would like to ask, before he drifts off?" Perhaps then...they could make plans to release him from the imprisonment of his body. It was a difficult thing to think about but better than perpetuating his suffering.

// Have a great birthday Warp!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:58 pm

"I suppose that is true," he said after a lengthy pause. "He could well have suffered the same fate if he had gone with you. I expect...that he wished he had gone with you at the time."

Kristina was quiet for a moment as she listened to Carmon's communication then she looked at you.
"He says he suspect his friend did carry around guilt over not coming with him yes, and that he hope the man never found out what had truly happened to him or he would blame himself more, but Carmon do not blame him, he is just thankful his fried was not hurt."

At first, he simply felt more melancholic as he listened but then something caught his ear. "I'm sorry, did you mean that if your Gift had survived your ordeal, you believe it would be proud of attempting to spare others your fate? I believe I agree...oh, Carmon." He shook his head, walking a bit closer and then stuffing his hands in his sleeves as if he was not sure what to do, reach out to touch him, perhaps or do something to stop the pain. All the emotions running around inside of him were like a storm of some kind, or a raging sea. They were and were not his feelings, his emotions, memories bestowed upon him of a life that was not his, but now had been shown to him and it became a part of him. A part he would have to take care of...if for nothing else than offering Carmon the peace he deserved and also allowing his soul some measure of closure on something that had wounded it so long ago. Wounded them both. And now this on top of it all, he'd been taken into a Nephandi plot, staked by his own Clan, and had his teeth ripped out. It was hard to see him like this, knowing he was suffering so much. He wanted to give him what he wanted, if that was the only thing he could provide him - some measure of release from his vampiric state. He supposed it was the only thing that his House would be allowed to give him.

Kristina was very quiet for a moment, Carmon's emotions affecting her though the telepathy, after some time she whispered.
"He says that once he learned that the Gift was not just a Fount...he often wondered how his would have manifested...looked and talked, that he would have given everything to hear it speak but once before it was...destroyed."
The young Verbena paused for a moment and had to swallow several times hard.
"His emotions are so...it is horrible...emptiness...despair..."
She muttered then she looked at Carmon.
"No...I can continue, I am fine..."
She told him then she said.
"Carmon says that he do not want anyone to suffer his fate, and also if he can do what would have made his Fount proud while it was alive, perhaps it's death would be less senseless."
Kristina muttered then she had to support herself on the stone wall for a moment before looking at you.
"Oh god...he...are not saying this but with the telepathic communication comes emotions as well and he...while he hate the state he is in and it hurts him he...the pain at times overwhelm the emptiness inside and that pain is easier to deal with than that torment..."
She muttered and closed her eyes tear rolling down her cheeks as well now but she tried to pull herself together.
"He...asks you...if you are him...if you are his reincarnation, he says the body movements and gestures are the same even if the appearance is not."
The young Verbena said and Carmon looked at you with his eyes full of blood tears an unreadable expression in them.

"Very soon, sir. If my cabalmate happens to find you first, please let him know I am on my way."

"I will do so Sodalis."
Joakim said and nodded.

"Thank you for taking care of him" he added to Kristina.

Kristina just nodded to you as she sat back down beside Carmon.

He glanced at Joakim. "Oh he's coming back down? I thought he was going to work them before he left," he asked, confused. "Should I wait for his return?" He didn't seem to want to leave Carmon without as best protections as could be had, for all their sake.

"Yes he is coming back. I can ask him to handle the wards first though, Master Min is a good man but at times he get a little scatter brained especially when several things need doing at once."
The old hedge wizard explained.
"No you do not need to stay, I will ask our guardian elemental, I do believe you met him, to pay special attention to this room.""

"Or are there questions that you would like to ask, before he drifts off?" Perhaps then...they could make plans to release him from the imprisonment of his body. It was a difficult thing to think about but better than perpetuating his suffering.

"What he knows about the Nephandi and those who imprisoned him, what he know about this Matty since we need to take her down, and what he knows about Nicolai and what problems that brat might cause for us. I do not want to pressure him to much I know he is in pain and have been through a traumatic experience but those are questions we need to ask."
Joakim said and Kristina replied.
"We have talked to him about all but asking him about Matty Sir, so the other questions I am sure your Housemate can fill you in on during a debriefing. I will ask about the nephandi woman unless the question upset him to much."
He said and looked at Carmon for a moment before she said.
"He is afraid of this Matty and at the same time sad, he says he do not know much, only that she is a damaged soul, he pity her, she did speak with one of the others about visiting her Mentor's grave before Sunday as who knows who will survive after...but he have no idea where that is or when, though this Mentor is with the Traditions for she was teased about still caring about him by one of the other Nephandi. She also have a teacher among the Fallen but she have apparently been captured by your side, something that upset Matty, though she said and I quote, I will not cry for the bitch she cares far more for her hellspawn offspring than for any of her students."
Kristina sigh.
"He says that is all he knows about her and that he do not know if it is helpful or not...but please, he really need to rest now, I can hardly hear his words in my head anymore and they mix with my own thoughts, he is in pain and as long as he is staked he is not going to heal, at least he needs rest and quiet for a while."
The Verbena said imploringly and Joakim nodded.
"Very well, I have no further questions for him, tend to him as best you can Madam and I will leave him alone for now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:54 pm

Colin grinned, "Well, Argyria does not make for a pleasant skin tone... not Smurfy at all. I could show you some of the warning pictures in my textbooks later; they're not as gross as other, ah, occupational biohazards might be. And the shapechangers' weakness to silver is probably mostly supernatural, yes, considering that solid silver is essentially harmless to living tissue."
He chuckled softly, "Well, since your Avatar seems to be such an aggravating force in your life, you might consider the proverb 'Diamonds are created under pressure, but pearls are created by irritation.' I'll admit, I think I got that one from the funnies in the newspaper, but there's still some truth to it."
He smiled, nuzzling Freddy's hand, "A life together... and a nice little green house in Concordia."

Colin sighed, "Joe's innocence is... a rare and precious treasure, in many ways... He can only lose that once, and he is most certainly going to need someone to talk him through it afterwards. As a piece of advice from a mundane military veteran, when that day comes, you shouldn't be the one to have that talk with him; it's generally better if it's someone he has no direct link to like that does it... After the first mission where I... well, I'm sure you can guess at it... anyway, back then, it was a Captain from the French forces who sat down with me and helped me deal with what I'd just done. The man had a... colourful past; he'd cut his teeth in Africa in the seventies, and had stuck with the military life since then... To be honest, I hardly remember a thing he told me; he was too busy listening to say much, but the few things he did tell me were essentially what I needed to hear at the time."
He nodded and sipped the coffee, "To consider, I'm generally deemed a good man. At the very least, I strive to be so, but in the past week I have captured not one Nephandus alive, but..." He counted on his fingers, "...I make it four Nephandi, one Marauder who was deceived into attacking us, and I helped talking one, er, former Nephandus into surrendering, under the pretense that her apprentice was safe. Technically, I told her that he had escaped, and we could not recapture him; we... had to execute him during the rescue of Liv Bergen. I know what is most likely going to happen to each and every one of them; that thing jabbed at all the guilt I have over essentially condemning them, as well as the ones I'll be helping to kill or capture later..."
He grimaced, "Having every choice you made questioned is just the start of those things' cruelty..."
He rubbed at his temple with one hand and smirked, "I suppose you could always try adding something else to the process to get the bitterness right... Perhaps a mugshot of Chief Joakim as he tastes your synthetic coffee expecting his regular blend would help? I imagine his expression would be quite on the embittered side."
He nodded, "Smartphone apps aren't a bad idea, as such - but i imagine some of the more... traditional Traditionalists might be at odds with the functionality of such programming; giving them a magic button to push might lend itself to a more, hm, universal distribution."

((OOC: Thanks, guys. Day was good, game was good, cake was good (we brought some to the game), and dinner afterwards was good. Smile Deluge of congratulations on Facebook once I got home was torrential. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:01 am

Colin grinned, "Well, Argyria does not make for a pleasant skin tone... not Smurfy at all. I could show you some of the warning pictures in my textbooks later; they're not as gross as other, ah, occupational biohazards might be. And the shapechangers' weakness to silver is probably mostly supernatural, yes, considering that solid silver is essentially harmless to living tissue."

"Yeah I guess it is not exactly something you want to get. Smurfs are cutethough. I used to collect them as a kid."
Freddy said.
"And right now I do not think the pictures in your books will mean much to me anyway."
She said and grinned.
"But yes, we should keep Mr Karyak's friend away from silver regardless of why he have an issue with it."

He chuckled softly, "Well, since your Avatar seems to be such an aggravating force in your life, you might consider the proverb 'Diamonds are created under pressure, but pearls are created by irritation.' I'll admit, I think I got that one from the funnies in the newspaper, but there's still some truth to it."

"Yeah well try to have this guy pop you messages every time you are on the computer and we will see how much of a pearl you will become..."
Freddy grunted the she smiled.
"But yeah it is truth to it and the way I see it I can put up with an know it all stuck in my soul for magick, it is worth it."

He smiled, nuzzling Freddy's hand, "A life together... and a nice little green house in Concordia."

"Yes...a nice little green house on Horizon."
Freddy said sounding happy and content.
"That will be a good life, a very good life, better than most can hope for."

Colin sighed, "Joe's innocence is... a rare and precious treasure, in many ways... He can only lose that once, and he is most certainly going to need someone to talk him through it afterwards. As a piece of advice from a mundane military veteran, when that day comes, you shouldn't be the one to have that talk with him; it's generally better if it's someone he has no direct link to like that does it... After the first mission where I... well, I'm sure you can guess at it... anyway, back then, it was a Captain from the French forces who sat down with me and helped me deal with what I'd just done. The man had a... colourful past; he'd cut his teeth in Africa in the seventies, and had stuck with the military life since then... To be honest, I hardly remember a thing he told me; he was too busy listening to say much, but the few things he did tell me were essentially what I needed to hear at the time."

Hans nodded he got a serious expression on his plump face.
"I hope that day is some time off, that Joe do not have to loose that innocence just yet, but when the day come Mr Wainwright I will remember your advice and find someone to talk with the boy. Right now I just want to keep him safe, but it is only so far I can protect him, we are after all at war."

He nodded and sipped the coffee, "To consider, I'm generally deemed a good man. At the very least, I strive to be so, but in the past week I have captured not one Nephandus alive, but..." He counted on his fingers, "...I make it four Nephandi, one Marauder who was deceived into attacking us, and I helped talking one, er, former Nephandus into surrendering, under the pretense that her apprentice was safe. Technically, I told her that he had escaped, and we could not recapture him; we... had to execute him during the rescue of Liv Bergen. I know what is most likely going to happen to each and every one of them; that thing jabbed at all the guilt I have over essentially condemning them, as well as the ones I'll be helping to kill or capture later..."

"I have never helped take anyone alive that risk...that...but I have killed."
Hans muttered.
"A group of Technocrats attacked me and the Cabal I was in when newly initiated and I had to...it was us or them...but I can still see his face, the man I used magick to be sure to hit...I can not understand how it feels to help capture someone that will most likely be...and nor how it feels talking that former Nephandus into surrendering but at least some good might come of it and we have no choice, not with what they are planning we have to defend reality."

He grimaced, "Having every choice you made questioned is just the start of those things' cruelty..."

Hans just nodded.
"Yeah..."
He muttered.

He rubbed at his temple with one hand and smirked, "I suppose you could always try adding something else to the process to get the bitterness right... Perhaps a mugshot of Chief Joakim as he tastes your synthetic coffee expecting his regular blend would help? I imagine his expression would be quite on the embittered side."

"Ah well that might just do it..."
Hans said and laughed.
"Though him being Flambeau it might get rather hot."

He nodded, "Smartphone apps aren't a bad idea, as such - but i imagine some of the more... traditional Traditionalists might be at odds with the functionality of such programming; giving them a magic button to push might lend itself to a more, hm, universal distribution."

"Perhaps then again with the more traditional mages I would probably just code the rote into numbers, that is the real essence of my Paradigm you know, numbers and math. I use computers since they to use math and are a very useful tool to do calculations my brain can not, but I will keep the magic button idea in mind."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:59 am

Colin nodded, "Well, my textbooks are back in Boston anyway, and I did specify 'later'. You get back on your feet first, luv, and we can look at cosmetic disorders afterwards."
He smirked, "Sounds like the perfect recipe for making a pearl, that... And no, I don't think I would want the equivalent of... what was that again? Cousin Roman wanting to go bowling every time I tried to get something done? Yeah, I think that was the irritation everyone was ranting about online a couple of years ago."

Colin nodded, "No need to rush it; just make sure you're prepared when the day comes. Most likely, it will just happen one day, by no deliberate machination on anyone's part... just someone being in the wrong place at the wrong time."
He grimaced, "You've been fortunate, then... Killing in the heat of battle, that's easy, of sorts. Taking someone alive when they're trying their best to kill you - that's difficult. Taking someone alive when you know their fate will be horrific and they're trying to kill you... that's the sort of task that can all too easily make you hesitate at the worst possible moment..."
He grinned, "True, coffee shouldn't be overheated, either... Hum, I'm sure you can come up with some brilliant trick to adjust the bitterness, though."
He finished the cup, "Numbers would work fine with most Hermetics, I'm sure, but I was thinking more along the lines of the Verbena, for example, or perhaps the Akashics. Not too concerned with mathematics as a general rule, those two..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:39 am

Colin nodded, "Well, my textbooks are back in Boston anyway, and I did specify 'later'. You get back on your feet first, luv, and we can look at cosmetic disorders afterwards."

"Throw in dinner and a couple of glasses of wine and you have a weird date right there love."
Freddy said and grinned.

He smirked, "Sounds like the perfect recipe for making a pearl, that... And no, I don't think I would want the equivalent of... what was that again? Cousin Roman wanting to go bowling every time I tried to get something done? Yeah, I think that was the irritation everyone was ranting about online a couple of years ago."

Freddy chuckled.
"Yeah it get irritating but I just have to trust that my Avatar is the way he is, because that is what I need to grow, they are supposed to be wise creatures, perhaps there are some lessons down the line where just his snarky nature is exactly what I need."
She muttered.
"Cousin Roman...yes that is just exactly it."

Colin nodded, "No need to rush it; just make sure you're prepared when the day comes. Most likely, it will just happen one day, by no deliberate machination on anyone's part... just someone being in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"I hope that when that happens, Joe's innocence is the only thing that will be lost, and that the boy will not get himself killed."
Hans muttered in a worried tone of voice.
"I often ask myself if I Awakened him to young, but he so wanted to learn."

He grimaced, "You've been fortunate, then... Killing in the heat of battle, that's easy, of sorts. Taking someone alive when they're trying their best to kill you - that's difficult. Taking someone alive when you know their fate will be horrific and they're trying to kill you... that's the sort of task that can all too easily make you hesitate at the worst possible moment..."

"Yeah looking at it that way I...guess I was fortunate. I and my Cabal came away from the encounter with only minor injuries and I know I had to do what I did or I or my friends would be dead...I still see his face when I go to sleep though. I am not sure if I could capture a Nephandus alive knowing...what will happen to him or her...then again, I guess that is what my hanging rotes might be used to do are they not?"
Hans said and glanced at the half finished program on his computer.

He grinned, "True, coffee shouldn't be overheated, either... Hum, I'm sure you can come up with some brilliant trick to adjust the bitterness, though."

"I hope so...well it is not important right now I guess, it is just a bit of a pet project of mine."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled.
"And it annoy me when I can not get it right."

He finished the cup, "Numbers would work fine with most Hermetics, I'm sure, but I was thinking more along the lines of the Verbena, for example, or perhaps the Akashics. Not too concerned with mathematics as a general rule, those two..."

"Ah yes, well I guess I can get a few such devices ready. The hard part anyway is making a hanging rote that other mages than the caster can activate, remember they are not enchantments or artifacts they are magick suspended in time or rather cast in the future."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:29 am

Colin smiled to Hans, "Well, consider this - with his eagerness to learn, who is to say his Avatar wouldn't have awakened around that time unaided?"
He nodded soberly, "The ghosts in the night... I don't think they'll ever leave, and there's ever more of them... It helps a little with each life I manage to save, but... only a little."
He grinned wryly, "At least animals don't judge me for the blood on my hands, even when I myself might."
He smiled, "I know exactly how you feel - I've got a silver dagger that, well... let's just say I'd rather not get involved with the half-assed rituals for which it would be suitable. Sooner or later, it goes back in the smelter. And perhaps one day, I'll get a good blade out of it."
He pondered for a moment, "As an idea for that - what of a small USB drive where the program automatically runs when a charge goes through it? That way, you could make a receptacle with a battery and a button, and swap out the drive as needed. The recipient wouldn't even need to know about the inner workings of the device, just that they'd need to push the button for the predetermined effect..."
He looked into the empty mug, "Ah, not really time for speculation; I've got to see Chief Joakim with these maps."
He gathered up the originals and copies, "Right, I'll see you later, then, and I hope the maps can be of help to you, too."
Then he bowed quickly, and headed over to Joakim's office.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:51 am

Colin smiled to Hans, "Well, consider this - with his eagerness to learn, who is to say his Avatar wouldn't have awakened around that time unaided?"

"True the boy's Avatar is strong and at age twelve or thirteen he had managed to find the Traditions and asked for instruction, he is a talented lad but I do worry about him at times."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.

He nodded soberly, "The ghosts in the night... I don't think they'll ever leave, and there's ever more of them... It helps a little with each life I manage to save, but... only a little."

"Yes I imagine you have more of them than me Mr Wainwright. I do think perhaps that they are not meant to go away, that it is when they actually do go away that one have to worry."
Hans said as he have you a serious look for a moment before sitting back down in his chair.

He grinned wryly, "At least animals don't judge me for the blood on my hands, even when I myself might."

"Animals do not judge for much, as long as you are kind to them they tend to show you love, it is the beautiful thing about them."

He smiled, "I know exactly how you feel - I've got a silver dagger that, well... let's just say I'd rather not get involved with the half-assed rituals for which it would be suitable. Sooner or later, it goes back in the smelter. And perhaps one day, I'll get a good blade out of it."

"Yeah, I hate to not have what I make end up well, but I guess at times it ends up being a work in progress and getting tastes right can be hard when creating something with magick, at least for those of us who have a somewhat scientific Paradigm."

He pondered for a moment, "As an idea for that - what of a small USB drive where the program automatically runs when a charge goes through it? That way, you could make a receptacle with a battery and a button, and swap out the drive as needed. The recipient wouldn't even need to know about the inner workings of the device, just that they'd need to push the button for the predetermined effect..."

"That could work, it is still not easy to have someone else activate a hanging spell since they are not an artifact or talisman, but I have done it before and should be able to pull it off, the calculations just get more complicated when someone but I are determining the time I am casting the rote, but yes as a way to store the rote your idea should definitively work."
Hans said and scratched his cheek as he considered the suggestion.

He looked into the empty mug, "Ah, not really time for speculation; I've got to see Chief Joakim with these maps."
He gathered up the originals and copies, "Right, I'll see you later, then, and I hope the maps can be of help to you, too."
Then he bowed quickly, and headed over to Joakim's office.

"I suspect they will be useful yes. Very well I will talk with you later Mr Wainwright, I should get these hanging spells finished."
Hans said and gave you a polite nod.

You get to Joakim's office, the door was locked but as you stood there you see the old hedge wizard come from the door leading to the basement and heading across the hall towards his office, he looked...tired and there was something unreadable in his eyes as if he had seen something most unpleasant.
"Ah Mr Wainwright...hello...please come in, what can I do for you?"
Joakim asked as he unlocked his office door and showed you inside, then he rubbed his tired eyes for a moment.
"Please have a seat."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:18 pm

Colin nodded, "Yes, I hear tell that at some point, it becomes easy... and that's when it the clock starts ticking. I hope I never find it easy... simple, certainly, but not easy..."
He frowned, "With a scientific paradigm, it certainly sounds like you should get it right; I'm willing to wager it's something you might have overlooked - perhaps brewing time? Just like with tea, even half a minute of steeping can make a difference in flavour."
He smiled, "I was mainly speculating loudly, but it would seem that a little camouflage for your magic can work in more ways than one - it would presumably become a lot easier if whoever triggers the rote doesn't have to reconcile your methods with their own paradigm in the process."

He smiled to Joakim, and handed him a set of the maps, "I think I might make your night a little better. My, hm, little Nephandus in the infirmary finished these. I stopped by Master Harris for a few copies, as well. How... are Adley and Carmon?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top