Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Colin nodded, "Yes, I hear tell that at some point, it becomes easy... and that's when it the clock starts ticking. I hope I never find it easy... simple, certainly, but not easy..."

"I spoke with one of the Euthanatoi once and she said that it is when it becomes easy that a member of her Tradition know it is about time for her fellow Euthanatoi to step in before he or she becomes far more of a problem than those they have killed to protect the Cycle as they call it."

He frowned, "With a scientific paradigm, it certainly sounds like you should get it right; I'm willing to wager it's something you might have overlooked - perhaps brewing time? Just like with tea, even half a minute of steeping can make a difference in flavour."

"I would say it is usually easier for a mystic, they want to create a strawberry and poof strawberry I have to get the chemicals rights, and I have not managed to do so just when when it comes to anything bitter, and it is not just coffee, but yes it might be something simple I am missing. Once this crisis are over so I have time to dedicate to simple pastimes i am going to have to try to figure it out Mr Wainwright, your encouragement are appropriated though."
Hans said and gave you a smile.

He smiled, "I was mainly speculating loudly, but it would seem that a little camouflage for your magic can work in more ways than one - it would presumably become a lot easier if whoever triggers the rote doesn't have to reconcile your methods with their own paradigm in the process."

"Yes that would make it easier indeed, for now I am just going to have to see how much I have the time doing before the strike team leave to take out the Labyrinth."
He said and nodded.

He smiled to Joakim, and handed him a set of the maps, "I think I might make your night a little better. My, hm, little Nephandus in the infirmary finished these. I stopped by Master Harris for a few copies, as well. How... are Adley and Carmon?"

Joakim took the maps and looked them over.
"Good, these will be useful Mr Wainwright, providing they are actually accurate, I do not know how much we can trust the Nephandi girl."
He said then he drew a deep breath.
"Your Cabalmate looks like he have seen a ghost but seam well enough as for our guest...I do not know, Mrs Knox have communicated with him and that have provided some interesting leads, but mentally I just do not know, I do not imagine he is well."
The hedge wizard said and sat down into his chair with a sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:26 pm

Tañe raised his voice in a roar so mighty it made the woman's barrier react and start to shatter in his face, the fearsome blade swinging savagelly in order to finally break through and attack
Arete 8 2 6

(dif i activaré the sword? If not, i do so)
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:00 pm

The Nephandi woman seamed to be so shocked at seeing Antonio that her concentration slipped for one moment, her soft humming stopped as your own will broke through her barrier and it shattered around her, the woman, Candice, Antonio had called her took a few steps backwards as her spell suddenly was broken and the sudden flux of her energies resulting from that gave her a jolt, she raised her gun though and aimed at you and pulled the trigger.

(OOC: Please roll dodge and I do not think you need to roll to activate your sword, you spend one point of Quintessence stored in it and it is active, but it do take a round to do so. Tane can activate the sword next round.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:22 pm

"He says he suspect his friend did carry around guilt over not coming with him yes, and that he hope the man never found out what had truly happened to him or he would blame himself more, but Carmon do not blame him, he is just thankful his fried was not hurt."

Adley frowned and looked at the floor, his boots covered in best not think about what and then back at them, trying to think of what he might even say to that. Well, no he knew what he wanted to say. But he knew he shouldn't, not yet. He glanced at the door and walked closer to the pair, though he still seemed wary, as if he was waiting for something else to go wrong any second. "It would be known in time what had transpired," he said sadly.

Kristina was very quiet for a moment, Carmon's emotions affecting her though the telepathy, after some time she whispered.
"He says that once he learned that the Gift was not just a Fount...he often wondered how his would have manifested...looked and talked, that he would have given everything to hear it speak but once before it was...destroyed."The young Verbena paused for a moment and had to swallow several times hard."His emotions are so...it is horrible...emptiness...despair..." She muttered then she looked at Carmon. "No...I can continue, I am fine..."

"Are you sure?" he asked her, concerned for her as well, it obviously wasn't easy to communicate this way and it was emotionally taxing to everyone involved. Though he'd thought previously she had said there would be less emotional transference - it was clearly affecting her. As hard as it was for him to hear, he was not sure how well he could presently cope with the emotional deluge from his avatar and Carmon at the same time. Not yet, not that it was fair to ask another to do so on his behalf. But he did not wish her to be burdened with troubles that were not hers.

Kristina muttered then she had to support herself on the stone wall for a moment before looking at you. "Oh god...he...are not saying this but with the telepathic communication comes emotions as well and he...while he hate the state he is in and it hurts him he...the pain at times overwhelm the emptiness inside and that pain is easier to deal with than that torment..." She muttered and closed her eyes tear rolling down her cheeks as well now but she tried to pull herself together."He...asks you...if you are him...if you are his reincarnation, he says the body movements and gestures are the same even if the appearance is not."

Adley reached out to help her steady herself and then searched for a chair or something for her to sit on, though he was listening to what she related with ever growing sadness. "If it is too much, then we can stop...or find someone to help us communicate." He sighed as he tried to keep his own emotions from running amok and then took out his handkerchief. Then looked at it, it was already dirty and stuffed it away again. He looked down at his host's former friend - it was like seeing his own friend, in this state. The lines were blurry. What part of him was he, Adley that had been born Brian and then awakened? What part of him now was his avatar, who had been part of this man that Carmon knew? Now these were his feelings, and his memories, his body's tells and mannerisms. But it felt as if it had happened to him in a time long ago. Perhaps that was an innate property of emotions as well as avatars, a certain timelessness and depth. But these thoughts were, at least in part, distractions from the essence of the situation, which was Carmon. His suffering, his life that had been stolen from him. His current situation. It had to be dealt with...it just hurt so much.

"Carmon, there is much more I wish to speak to you about but right now we are still in a vulnerable position. As much as before, if not moreso, when you said you did not wish to endanger your friend. However, everything you have said will be considered. If I am able to do so, I will return to speak to you again." he continued in Latin. "I do not wish for you to suffer like this," he added. He did not know how else to comfort him, even if he could, not without telling him. And he wanted to but it was not just his own safety to be considered. The blood on his face...he knew vampire tears were blood yet it was like seeing an internal, emotional wound become physical. He reached out with some hesitation and then carefully put one hand on the hand closest to him, on top of his briefly.

"Yes he is coming back. I can ask him to handle the wards first though, Master Min is a good man but at times he get a little scatter brained especially when several things need doing at once." The old hedge wizard explained. "No you do not need to stay, I will ask our guardian elemental, I do believe you met him, to pay special attention to this room.""

"Thank you," he said, though he seemed reluctant to leave Carmon's side. "There are several things I will need to discuss with you, sir but I can stay until the Master returns," he said to the hedge wizard. He listened as the Chief thankfully asked about things that he had forgotten to ask about regarding the capture and Matty. How Carmon had retained pity for Matty even though she'd tormented him...even after torturing him with fire, was something he had not anticipated (though it appeared that she was the apprentice of the Nephandi they had already captured). The man was not in any way keen for revenge of any type. The situation was much worse than that, he did not want to exist at all. Though Adley knew he did not easily let anyone go, that often if there was hope and a chance, he would choose to fight, or try to fight. But in this case, he could not see any other relief to Carmon's pain than death..

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : *fix a cut off sentence*)
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:06 pm

"It would be known in time what had transpired," he said sadly.

Carmon looks at you sadly and Kristina says.
"He acknowledges that yes likely it would have been known what had happened to him, he just hope that when it became known it did not hurt his friend to much."

"Are you sure?" he asked her, concerned for her as well, it obviously wasn't easy to communicate this way and it was emotionally taxing to everyone involved. Though he'd thought previously she had said there would be less emotional transference - it was clearly affecting her.

"I am sure...I will be fine...his...sadness is so great that even if I only experience a small fraction of it...that despair is hard to bare...and I shall not deny it makes me afraid..."
Kristina muttered clearly thinking about the risk she was putting herself in being married to a vampire.
"But I can go on."

Adley reached out to help her steady herself and then searched for a chair or something for her to sit on, though he was listening to what she related with ever growing sadness. "If it is too much, then we can stop...or find someone to help us communicate." He sighed as he tried to keep his own emotions from running amok and then took out his handkerchief. Then looked at it, it was already dirty and stuffed it away again.

There where several wooden boxes marked with pillows for garden furniture and old clothes that could be used to sit on and Kristina let you help her down on one of them.
"Thank you for your concern but I will be fine."
She said and gave you a tired smile.

"Carmon, there is much more I wish to speak to you about but right now we are still in a vulnerable position. As much as before, if not moreso, when you said you did not wish to endanger your friend. However, everything you have said will be considered. If I am able to do so, I will return to speak to you again."

Carmon looks up at you, more tears had rolled down his pale cheeks the expression is his eyes was serious and accepting though and Kristina said.
"Carmon says that he understand and that while he do not know everything about the conflict between mages I knows that Nephandi are bad news, he says he would like to speak more with you but that you should not be concerned for him and go and stop them, and those of his Clan working with them...then he adds in a bit of an bitter but amused tone...wry perhaps, that he will be here when you come back, he is not planning on going anywhere. It seams that despite it all he still have a bit of humor."
The Verbena said and forced a smile.

he continued in Latin. "I do not wish for you to suffer like this," he added. He did not know how else to comfort him, even if he could, not without telling him. And he wanted to but it was not just his own safety to be considered. The blood on his face...he knew vampire tears were blood yet it was like seeing an internal, emotional wound become physical. He reached out with some hesitation and then carefully put one hand on the hand closest to him, a

Carmon continued to look at you as you said you did not wish him to suffer, his eyes sad but accepting. When you touched him though you are again flooded with memories and emotions that where not yours...and yet they where, that hand felt so familiar even if it was not hard and motionless like a doll's hand. You remember being attacked by throned vines, somewhere in the forest around you where a Diedne Druid but getting past his plant friends proved quite deadly, you had cast spell after spell and burned half that forest to the ground but those moving plants kept coming, and then you heard the sound of hooves thundering on the soft ground and you saw Carmon come riding towards you, reaching down his hand to pull you up and out of danger, quite a feat for someone who rode without a saddle, you had taught him to ride like that, as you had learned from your father before you became an apprentice. You remember that hand grasping yours when the bitter old mage that was your teacher had beaten the living daylight out of you, there was little the then fellow apprentice could do, but as you lay on your belly on your hard bed he held your hand as the Covenant healer washed blood of your back. You remember grasping that hand when Carmon was in Twilight, he had wandered out in only his night clothes and was dirty, cold and confused, but he listened to you even in that state when you finally found him and let you take his hand and lead him back to the Covenant you both lived in to wait the madness out...you knew the shape of that hand, the long, fine fingers, the shape of the thumb...and it felt odd that it was not moving, that it was so still...it felt...so wrong. Carmon looks at you as you grab his hand then he seams to relax a little, as if it had a soothing effect on him.

"Thank you," he said, though he seemed reluctant to leave Carmon's side. "There are several things I will need to discuss with you, sir but I can stay until the Master returns,"

"Very well."
Joakim said and nodded.
"We will have a chance to speak in my office later Sodalis."

After about five minutes you hear Min's footsteps and see the old Quesitor come back into the room.
"I am just back to do the ward...I forgot...I am sorry, I get forgetful at times."
He muttered apologetically and then begun to cast a spell, it was a rather common Ward, you had been taught the same one, but the old Enforcer cast the rote with an elegance and ease that you could not match, and the room felt electric with the power he managed to put behind the simple ward, grandfatherly and a bit scatter brained as he might be the old Hermetic was clearly powerful.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:09 pm

Colin nodded, "I have great respect and sympathy for the Euthanatoi... You know, they only kill as a last resort; taking the time to try everything else first, that takes resolve. But the price of making a calculated decision at the end, that someone needs to be assassinated... I can only imagine how much that affects them; it doesn't matter whether by magic or mundane methods, premeditated murder seems to have a dreadful cost for good people, however noble the cause..."
He grinned, "If at first you don't succeed, burn the evidence and kill the witnesses, hmm? But as I think closer on it, cooking time affects flavour to an incredible extent in all food. You might want to look particularly close at that aspect of synthesis first."
He nodded, "One thing at a time - it would not do to start over when time is at a premium. Perhaps something to look into for the next set of crises."

Colin smiled sadly, "I think... I believe we can trust her; she knows I'll be going, and she seems quite convinced that keeping me alive gives her the best chance at, well, long-term survival as a Mage. Anna's chances are slim to begin with, but if she survives the immediate medical crisis, I do want to try to bring her over to our side, if at all possible. Her particular skills would be useful, and... with her Fallen Mentor dead and her Labyrinth about to be assaulted and exposed, she essentially has nothing else left."
He nodded, "Adley and Carmon have... well, a shared history, of sorts. Nothing like yours, but... there's a connection. As such, I think Adley is the only one of us who has the right to decide Carmon's ultimate fate. On a related note, however, Carmon and Lady Crexia would be contemporaries, present at the Fall of Tremere, I believe - might that be a problem or an asset, should they know one another?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:07 pm

Colin nodded, "I have great respect and sympathy for the Euthanatoi... You know, they only kill as a last resort; taking the time to try everything else first, that takes resolve. But the price of making a calculated decision at the end, that someone needs to be assassinated... I can only imagine how much that affects them; it doesn't matter whether by magic or mundane methods, premeditated murder seems to have a dreadful cost for good people, however noble the cause..."

"Many think the Euthanatoi are just assassins, or that they kill willy nilly but they do not. They are protectors of the Cycle and yes they will try every other means to set a person straight other than killing them first, and when they kill, they do so as humanely as possible, but yes there is a human cost to what they do...and mix that might their death magick that cause them to attract Jhor...well let us just say that very few Eutanatoi get to become old."
Hans said a serious tone in his voice.
"I am not always sure I agree with them, but they are not the monsters many make them out to be."

He grinned, "If at first you don't succeed, burn the evidence and kill the witnesses, hmm? But as I think closer on it, cooking time affects flavour to an incredible extent in all food. You might want to look particularly close at that aspect of synthesis first."

"Hum...you are right Mr Wainwright...you are right..."
Hans said and chuckles.
"Very well I will take your advice and look into the cooking time, well how cooking time is simulated in what I create for when I have the time to experiment."

He nodded, "One thing at a time - it would not do to start over when time is at a premium. Perhaps something to look into for the next set of crises."

"Well hopefully it is some time before the world is at the brink of destruction again my good man, but yes right now time is at a premium and there are more important things to take care of for now that our individual projects."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

Colin smiled sadly, "I think... I believe we can trust her; she knows I'll be going, and she seems quite convinced that keeping me alive gives her the best chance at, well, long-term survival as a Mage. Anna's chances are slim to begin with, but if she survives the immediate medical crisis, I do want to try to bring her over to our side, if at all possible. Her particular skills would be useful, and... with her Fallen Mentor dead and her Labyrinth about to be assaulted and exposed, she essentially has nothing else left."

"Well I guess anyone would do just about anything to avoid...her most likely fate."
Joakim said and he paused for a moment and drew a deep breath, his iron control over himself shaking.
"I ehm...forgive me Mr Wainwright seeing Carmon...it hit a little to close to home...ehm yes the girl...while I am not as convinced as you that she can be trusted you do make a good point. As for giving her a chance...I am not so sure one such as her can be brought to our side, and the only possible chance of her not being...well you know, if she survives to face trial is if all of these bloody Nephandi your group seam to capture are sent to Horizon that that amount of Avatars destroyed in a short amount of time makes enough of an uproar that the Council can not afford to force such a fate on a child...but that is a slim hope at best."
He said in a sad, serious tone of voice.
"And having her join the Traditions...not many will welcome a Nephandus among us."

He nodded, "Adley and Carmon have... well, a shared history, of sorts. Nothing like yours, but... there's a connection. As such, I think Adley is the only one of us who has the right to decide Carmon's ultimate fate.

"I see. Well for me I will not demand one thing or the other, I am perfectly content to let Carmon go once the current crisis is over or let Mrs Knox take him to France...if that is what he would prefer. Though the greatest mercy we can give him are probably well...I will leave that up to your Cabalmate."
Joakim said and there was a moment of endless despair in his eyes before he got control over himself again and let out a breath he had held for to long.

On a related note, however, Carmon and Lady Crexia would be contemporaries, present at the Fall of Tremere, I believe - might that be a problem or an asset, should they know one another?"

"Lady Crexia are understandably not pleased at what have happened to her House and she is no ally of the vampiric Tremere but she will not harm a guest of the Chantry, the lady have self control and are not known to act rashly."
The Security Chief said as he regarded you.
"So you do not need to worry about that...might she know him however, yes it is possible, I could ask her but I do not know if there is much she can do for him even if she knows him."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:09 pm

Colin nodded to Joakim, "I imagine your seeing Carmon like that was quite comparable to our little mental joust with the Outsider Thing... Take your time, get a cup of coffee to calm your nerves if you need; I'll wait..."
He sighed, "You're suggesting I sacrifice a hundred Fallen to save just one child, after a fashion... As for whether she can be brought fully to our side, true, that remains uncertain - but there's no succeeding if we don't try. As for the scenario you presented being her only chance, I politely disagree with that assessment... There are presently multiple factors that can play into that public outrage; all of which could potentially enter play before Anna is sufficiently recovered to survive such an ordeal. And while it is true not many will welcome a Nephandus among us, it would seem there is precedent for it, owing to an Avatar too dangerous to attack. I'll admit, I don't look particularly forward to the legal battle for her life, but, well... a bit of guilt can be a powerful motivator. Especially when combined with a glimmer of hope; she has led a very... sheltered life, for a Nephandus; her Mentor, a sadistic ball of malice though he was, protected her from the others, the one person in the world he was decent, even nice to. Considering I was the one to kill him, it's a rather messed up scenario, but there it is..."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Sometimes, the presence of a familiar face in a troubled situation can be a great comfort, whether friend or foe. Naturally, the presence of a friendly face is more comforting, but one rather tends to take what one can get, hmm?"
He leaned back, examining the maps, "I find it interesting that Matty's room is labeled as 'do not enter'; considering she can apparently detach her Avatar to attack, and summon Outsider Things almost at a whim does suggest her room being... unpleasant, maybe even mean-spirited."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:26 am

"I am sure...I will be fine...his...sadness is so great that even if I only experience a small fraction of it...that despair is hard to bare...and I shall not deny it makes me afraid..." Kristina muttered clearly thinking about the risk she was putting herself in being married to a vampire. "But I can go on."

He frowned a little to her, still concerned. "I am sorry to add troubles to yours."

"Carmon says that he understand and that while he do not know everything about the conflict between mages I knows that Nephandi are bad news, he says he would like to speak more with you but that you should not be concerned for him and go and stop them, and those of his Clan working with them...then he adds in a bit of an bitter but amused tone...wry perhaps, that he will be here when you come back, he is not planning on going anywhere. It seams that despite it all he still have a bit of humor."

He still looked troubled, though the gallows humor was welcome. He gave a nod of his head. "Yes...that is true, yet I am concerned. We would be poor guesthosts to do otherwise." The new rush of memories that accompanied touching his hand almost made him draw it right back away, more out of surprise than anything. But he didn't, he gave it a squeeze and let go, yet the feeling of it being wooden and knowing it to be essentially corpselike under his touch was disturbing.

"Very well." Joakim said and nodded. "We will have a chance to speak in my office later Sodalis."

"Yes sir."

"I am just back to do the ward...I forgot...I am sorry, I get forgetful at times." He muttered apologetically and then begun to cast a spell...

"Thank you sir," he said, watching him work and then giving him a respectful nod of his head once he was finished. "I should attend to a few things, if you will excuse me." He then turned and asked, "Is there anything you need that you wish me to pass along?" to Mrs Knox.

// glad that your birthday was awesome, Warp. Cake is always good ^_^
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:26 am

Colin:

Colin nodded to Joakim, "I imagine your seeing Carmon like that was quite comparable to our little mental joust with the Outsider Thing... Take your time, get a cup of coffee to calm your nerves if you need; I'll wait..."

Joakim looks at you for a moment then he nodded.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, I might do just that."
He muttered his hands shaking slightly he got up and filled his cup from a half filled pot of coffee he had in a shelf and made a motion to offer you a cup as well, then he sat back down and took a few sips and sat in silence for a few moments then he said.
"Seeing Carmon like that was a reminder...so yes in a way it was the same thing yes."
He muttered.

He sighed, "You're suggesting I sacrifice a hundred Fallen to save just one child, after a fashion... As for whether she can be brought fully to our side, true, that remains uncertain - but there's no succeeding if we don't try. As for the scenario you presented being her only chance, I politely disagree with that assessment... There are presently multiple factors that can play into that public outrage; all of which could potentially enter play before Anna is sufficiently recovered to survive such an ordeal.

"In a manner of fashion yes I am or rather I am saying the only way that girl is not going to be...well you know...is if there is enough of a public outcry that it would be politically unwise to do so. Remember the Traditions do this to children quite often, most widderslainte taken without a trial is just that, children...and our Tribunals usually show no mercy to the Fallen. I am not even sure the child can be saved or if the attempt should be made given what she is but yes barring what I just said or other kinds out public outrage along the same lines...I doubt she would be given any mercy. Remember this is not an widderslainte like Master Senex's apprentice that have done no harm other than be born, she is a fully fledged Nephandus that have worked in their service...never forget that Mr Wainwright...I am curious as to what other factors you think will spark enough outrage to save her though."
The hedge wizard said and raised and eyebrow.
"In any case it is a safer bet to just...make her comfortable now and either provide a merciful death after...it is done....or try to give her something to live for afterwards...I...ehm....finding someone to try to teach her hedge magic might...work though the pain never..."
The hedge wizard looked down this was not an easy topic for him to discuss right now and he sipped his coffee again.

And while it is true not many will welcome a Nephandus among us, it would seem there is precedent for it, owing to an Avatar too dangerous to attack. I'll admit, I don't look particularly forward to the legal battle for her life, but, well... a bit of guilt can be a powerful motivator. Especially when combined with a glimmer of hope; she has led a very... sheltered life, for a Nephandus; her Mentor, a sadistic ball of malice though he was, protected her from the others, the one person in the world he was decent, even nice to. Considering I was the one to kill him, it's a rather messed up scenario, but there it is..."

"Well yes you got me there we accepted Master Ir, but that situation is a bit different. Master Ir surrendered to us, willingly betraying the Nephandi, and it is not like...the usual was not attempted but it turned out to be to dangerous so then the alternative was either to kill him and let that powerful corrupted soul find a new host that would probably be far less amiable, try to keep an archmage imprisoned indefinitely and turn him against us, or allow him to come to our side where we can keep and eye on him, it was always understood that this was the lesser evil and not the desired outcome, no one believes that the man will be cleansed, we only hope that powerful corrupted Avatar will be kept in a host that is not hostile for as long as possible since we are not able to destroy it. With Miss Anna this is not the case, if she survive and her health improves she can be...dealt with. I doubt Master Ir will be the best precedence as if I where the persecutor I would argue that in his case, keeping his Avatar prisoner inside a host that now are on our side is the best course of action, our only course of action, other options are available for the girl...unless she to possesses a soul monstrous enough that a group of of Master of Spirit just can not touch it."
Joakim said sternly.
"You have a fight ahead of you if you want to help that girl Mr Wainwright and I am not so sure it is a fight you are going to win."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Sometimes, the presence of a familiar face in a troubled situation can be a great comfort, whether friend or foe. Naturally, the presence of a friendly face is more comforting, but one rather tends to take what one can get, hmm?"

"Hum...you may be right, I will talk with Lady Crexia about it and ask if she will be willing to give our guest a visit, she might if she is not to busy preparing for the strike at the Labyrinth."
Joakim said and nodded.

He leaned back, examining the maps, "I find it interesting that Matty's room is labeled as 'do not enter'; considering she can apparently detach her Avatar to attack, and summon Outsider Things almost at a whim does suggest her room being... unpleasant, maybe even mean-spirited."

"Yes well considering Miss Carlyle's abilities her private chambers is not a place I would like to find myself, at least not without a very good reason."
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow.
"The name at least, since we know that is true do lead some credence to the map, that your little Nephandus have honestly wanted to help...hum...I do not like that this inner part is pointed out to change and rearrange itself though...that is troublesome."
The hedge wizard said as he glanced at the childish map drawings.

Adley:

He frowned a little to her, still concerned. "I am sorry to add troubles to yours."

Kristina gave you a bit of a tired smile.
"It is ok Adley I am rather sturdy, I will be fine but this have been...a very long day."
She muttered.

He still looked troubled, though the gallows humor was welcome. He gave a nod of his head. "Yes...that is true, yet I am concerned. We would be poor guesthosts to do otherwise." The new rush of memories that accompanied touching his hand almost made him draw it right back away, more out of surprise than anything. But he didn't, he gave it a squeeze and let go, yet the feeling of it being wooden and knowing it to be essentially corpselike under his touch was disturbing.

Kristina looked at Carmon then she said.
"He is thankful of your concern for him."
She said softly. Carmon looked at you until you let go of his hand then his eyes rolled back in his head he was clearly very tiered and keeping focused enough to use telepathy was draining what little strength he had left.
"I think he needs to rest."
Kristina muttered sounding concerned.

"Thank you sir," he said, watching him work and then giving him a respectful nod of his head once he was finished.

Master Min gave you a friendly smile and nodded.
"Ah no problem young man...well I should get back to my work, if you want some protection from those Outsider things...well their little spawn really, if it was an actually full Outsider thing...better not to think about that...in either case those protections will not make themselves, if you excuse me gentlemen."
The Enforcer said and inclined his head to you and Joakim before leaving the room again.

"I should attend to a few things, if you will excuse me." He then turned and asked, "Is there anything you need that you wish me to pass along?" to Mrs Knox.

"Yes off course go and take care of what you need to Adley."
Kristina said then she nodded.
"I you get the chance can you have a bowl of warm water and some clean wash cloths sent down? I have to be careful with his gums but I might be able to clean him up a bit and he might appreciate that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:30 am

"It is ok Adley I am rather sturdy, I will be fine but this have been...a very long day." She muttered.

"Yes, it certainly has been a long day for us," he agreed.

"He is thankful of your concern for him." She said softly. Carmon looked at you until you let go of his hand then his eyes rolled back in his head he was clearly very tiered and keeping focused enough to use telepathy was draining what little strength he had left. "I think he needs to rest."

"Of course, yes, rest. It has been a long...night...for him also."

"Ah no problem young man...well I should get back to my work, if you want some protection from those Outsider things...well their little spawn really, if it was an actually full Outsider thing...better not to think about that...in either case those protections will not make themselves, if you excuse me gentlemen."

"Yes, thank you sir. Any protections from those types of beings as well as mental protections will certainly be welcome." He gave him another nod as he passed.

"Yes off course go and take care of what you need to Adley." Kristina said then she nodded. "I you get the chance can you have a bowl of warm water and some clean wash cloths sent down? I have to be careful with his gums but I might be able to clean him up a bit and he might appreciate that."

"I will do so, thank you again," he said. He gave them a glance and then turned and walked out of the room, heading towards the infirmary.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:33 am

"Yes, it certainly has been a long day for us," he agreed.

Kristina nodded at that and leaned her head against the wall for a moment.

"Of course, yes, rest. It has been a long...night...for him also."

The young Verbena adjusted the covers around Carmon gently not that they would do much but there was little else to do, the vampire's eyes remained rolled back though, perhaps he had fallen asleep, it was hard to tell.

"Yes, thank you sir. Any protections from those types of beings as well as mental protections will certainly be welcome." He gave him another nod as he passed.

"I will do my best to make some that will work Sodalis."
The old Enforcer said as he left.

"I will do so, thank you again," he said. He gave them a glance and then turned and walked out of the room, heading towards the infirmary.

The hallways of Morningstar was dark as you moved through them and you saw no one on your way to the infirmary, you get there and a young black man with fairly light skin, kind intelligent eyes and a nice smile opened the door for you.
"May I help you Sir?"
He asked.
"Ah yes you must be from the delegation from Boston, please come in."
He said and moved to the side.
"I am Jimmy Ross I am Custos to Adeptus Alex Horton."
Inside the infirmary you notice Wolfgang, the Mercere Deacon sleeping, his young apprentice having fallen asleep at his side. Freddy lay in another bed also sleeping and she had a bit more color in her cheeks now. In a third bed you see what had to be the little Nephandus Colin had rescued she was cute with fussy blond hair, she lay on her side with her hands restrained sleeping, softly snoring and looked the farthest from a Nephandus one could imagine, but looks could deceive. The other Mercere seamed to be well enough to have been moved from the infirmary to other rooms.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:42 am

"Good evening," he said giving him a nod of his head as he stepped inside the room. He glanced around at everyone, though he looked a bit longer over the Nephandus with a shake of his head. Then he turned to the custos and tried to muster up a smile to the man, though what had recently happened made that difficult. "Mr Ross, was it? Yes I have come to have a few scratches seen to...they were sewer rats, some shots might be in order, so I was told but I will leave that to the experts. Would you be able to assist me?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:02 am

Jimmy nodded and indicated that you could sit down on one of the empty beds.
"The scratches I can heal, I have that gift but I still recommend getting a tetanus shot just to be safe, even if the scratches themselves close there might be infections in your blood by now and it is easier to just get the vaccine than for someone to heal it later."
He said and begun to get some cotton wads and other supplies from one of the cabinets.
"It should not take to long, if you show me the scratches I will take care of it Sir."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:07 am

Colin nodded, "Actually, another cup might be good right now. I'm still a little shaken myself."
He sighed, "No, her chances are not good... but they're non-zero, I think. Between the possibility of repeating Susannah Florentine's miracle, the ultimate consequences of her mistrial, the numerous Fallen to be summarily... uhm, that, and the Blade of Senex, there are a few factors that might sway the public. The primary stalling factor, however, is her medical condition. Pattern damage to her heart and lungs makes her too frail right now; her Avatar might not be as potent as that of your Master Ir, but unbound from a living host, it's my understanding that the thing would still be incredibly dangerous to anyone trying to rip it apart."
He nodded thoughtfully, "It's most probably a losing battle, I know - but in a way, it seems my trying to save Anna is a microcosm of the Ascension War. I strive to save her life and turn her Avatar into something greater than the, hm, mockery it has become, opposing that which would destroy it instead. Seems well worth fighting."
He smiled thinly, "I wouldn't dream of disrupting the fair Lady Crexia's battle preparations, but i she's got the spare time to pay him a visit anyway..."
He frowned, "Yes, the center moves... That would most likely be where the Caul is located; the heart of the Labyrinth. Well, I've heard it described as a different part of the human anatomy, but nevertheless... Hm, I don't suppose you have any grenades in your arsenal?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:15 am

Colin nodded, "Actually, another cup might be good right now. I'm still a little shaken myself."

Joakim nodded hand filled a cup for you as well you saw that his hand was still shaking, just a little despite his iron self control, he did not say anything he just handed you the coffee.

He sighed, "No, her chances are not good... but they're non-zero, I think. Between the possibility of repeating Susannah Florentine's miracle, the ultimate consequences of her mistrial, the numerous Fallen to be summarily... uhm, that, and the Blade of Senex, there are a few factors that might sway the public.

"I agree her youth give her a chance, not a big one but a chance given the circumstances we are in now, our politicians might consider to be less unfavorable for their standing to show mercy and place the girl with a teacher than to well...there are going to be a few Avatars lost with all of these Nephandi and then off course there is Miss Florentine's case off course...however as for the Blade of Senex..."
Joakim looked at you sternly.
"I know she have been arrested, Lady Arden told me members of the Security Council came to arrest the Cultist girl she took from your friend's custody and brought there, but instead of sending the poor Cultist out the Blade herself surrendered and the Enforcers decided they had one widderslainte it was not worth trying to take Cerberus to get two...but this happened not many hours ago, how have you heard about it? When this comes up there will be an uproar...it is not every day the favored apprentice of an Archmage get arrested..."

The primary stalling factor, however, is her medical condition. Pattern damage to her heart and lungs makes her too frail right now; her Avatar might not be as potent as that of your Master Ir, but unbound from a living host, it's my understanding that the thing would still be incredibly dangerous to anyone trying to rip it apart."

"It would indeed be dangerous, all Avatars are, it is only that as long as they are part of a host they limit themselves for reasons we do not understand...indeed in her current condition that ritual can not be used on Miss Anna, it would be to dangerous."
Joakim said and nodded in agreement.

He nodded thoughtfully, "It's most probably a losing battle, I know - but in a way, it seems my trying to save Anna is a microcosm of the Ascension War. I strive to save her life and turn her Avatar into something greater than the, hm, mockery it has become, opposing that which would destroy it instead. Seems well worth fighting."

"Hum...well if you feel that strongly about it Mr Wainwright you have my support and perhaps you are right, perhaps you can save this one child...at least there is a small hope for that."
Joakim said and looked at you for a moment.

He smiled thinly, "I wouldn't dream of disrupting the fair Lady Crexia's battle preparations, but i she's got the spare time to pay him a visit anyway..."

"Lady Crexia have a tendency to colocate when she is at a Chantry so the Paradox for it will not be to bad, I will ask her if she can spare a moment."
Joakim said and nodded.
"And perhaps at least send part of herself.

He frowned, "Yes, the center moves... That would most likely be where the Caul is located; the heart of the Labyrinth. Well, I've heard it described as a different part of the human anatomy, but nevertheless... Hm, I don't suppose you have any grenades in your arsenal?"

"Agreed it is likely where we will find a Caul and we have to take that abomination out to get rid of the Labyrinth for good or another group of Nephandi can just move right back in even if we get Abigail and her little band...I do not have any grenades but that do not mean something like that can not be made."
Joakim said with a bit of a grin.
"Or in other words I might not have any grenades but I do have Ignem."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:11 pm

Colin sipped the coffee slowly, savoring the heat, "Ah, they have arrested her, have they? That I did not know. My Chantrymate told me she had intercepted him; considering what I knew of the lady's prior legal status, and what she did to Mr. Terach in the abduction of a widderslainte prisoner, the general chain of events to follow seemed a fairly inevitable and logical outcome. I'd assumed you had been told of the incident, as well, and made the same logical conclusions about the immediate legal kerfuffle to come."
He nodded, "I feel sort of an obligation; I killed her Mentor, I very nearly killed her, but she pulled through barely enough, and then I went and captured her, knowing her likely fate. She's a fighter... and I see something worth saving in her, if she can be brought around to our side of the war."
He smirked, "Fire burn and Caul will bubble? Something wicked indeed... Hm, miss Adlebloom did insist I be careful and not attract any more Paradox, though... we'll see how well I can do that. Hopefully, the Labyrinth is sufficiently unreal to render that worry moot."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:30 pm

Colin sipped the coffee slowly, savoring the heat, "Ah, they have arrested her, have they? That I did not know. My Chantrymate told me she had intercepted him; considering what I knew of the lady's prior legal status, and what she did to Mr. Terach in the abduction of a widderslainte prisoner, the general chain of events to follow seemed a fairly inevitable and logical outcome. I'd assumed you had been told of the incident, as well, and made the same logical conclusions about the immediate legal kerfuffle to come.

"Yes, the Blade sacrificed herself for the other widderslainte girl, her Mentor could protect her but only so far, once she had attacked another Adept of the Traditions and abducted a prisoner there was little else that could be done but arrest her and I am afraid it do not look good for her...which will bring more trouble...it will scare people to see the apprentice of an highly respected archmage so treated, widderslainte or no...some will start to think they and their own apprentices might not be safe...it is going to be quite a bit of a mess."
Joakim said and shook his head.
"It do slightly increase the chance your little Nephandi girl will get out of things intact though."
The Security Chief.
"But yes I guess you are right that the outcome would not be to hard to guess."

He nodded, "I feel sort of an obligation; I killed her Mentor, I very nearly killed her, but she pulled through barely enough, and then I went and captured her, knowing her likely fate. She's a fighter... and I see something worth saving in her, if she can be brought around to our side of the war."

"I understand that Mr Wainwright and I do hope you are not taking water over your head with this...but if you can save this girl then that will be quite positive I am just not so sure it can be done."
Joakim said.
"I guess time will have to tell...one question though have you spoken with the leader of your Chantry on whatever or not they will be willing to keep her there, that do seam like an rather important first step to this, if you excuse me, crazy plan of yours."

He smirked, "Fire burn and Caul will bubble? Something wicked indeed... Hm, miss Adlebloom did insist I be careful and not attract any more Paradox, though... we'll see how well I can do that. Hopefully, the Labyrinth is sufficiently unreal to render that worry moot."

"Yes...it will bubble alright, as for the labyrinth, I suspect it is only partly part of our reality so Paradox is not likely to be a problem inside of the Labyrinth itself, there will be quite a few other issues though but at least you can avoid that hazard.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:40 pm

(Fuck, i should have done it before entering, i knew i was forgeting something.

Ok, dex 3 + dodge 2 + 1 WILLPOWER= 5
5 4 8 3 6
3 succeses. Should i attack? can i attack as i activate the sword?)
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:16 pm

The bullets fly by close to your head but none of them hit you, it was close, very close, but you are unscathed.
"Dammit, stay back!"
You hear Antonio shout.
"Me Karyak where you hit?"
The Scribe calls to you. You are unharmed, the bullets passed close enough that you have a ringing in your ears but you are not injured.

Darrian cast a flask in the door and soon a yellowish mist fill the room and the Nephandi woman cough.
"She can not shoot at efficiently if she can not see."
The Alchemist said.

(OOC: Yes let us say that you can activate it and attack in the same round.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:40 pm

Jimmy nodded and indicated that you could sit down on one of the empty beds. "The scratches I can heal, I have that gift but I still recommend getting a tetanus shot just to be safe, even if the scratches themselves close there might be infections in your blood by now and it is easier to just get the vaccine than for someone to heal it later." He said and begun to get some cotton wads and other supplies from one of the cabinets. "It should not take to long, if you show me the scratches I will take care of it Sir."

"Thank you, I don't want any problems that we can prevent," he agreed. He looked back at Freddy as he walked over towards the bed, and then sat down on it. At least she looked a little better, certainly better than the last time he'd seen her. He removed his boots and pushed up the legs of his jeans, this time giving himself a much better check over to see if he missed anything.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:52 pm

There where scratches right over where your boots had reaches where little rat claws had poked though the fabric of your pants, had someone's pet given you scratches like these you could generally just have ignored them, they where a little tender to the touch but did not hurt and only a couple of them had shed even a droplet of blood, but given that the rats lived in the sewers having the scratches seen to was probably wise.

Jimmy waited until you signaled your accept of him touching you then he gently washed the scratches with some mixture that stung a little before holding his hand over them, his hands where very warm but the sensation was not unpleasant though the scratches itched a little as they healed until only a bit of redness was less.
"Very well Sir that should do it I think...I should prepare the vaccine for you and then we should be done."
He said before he went to wash his hands again and prepared the injection.
"Whenever you are ready then Sir."
He said as he came back with the syringe and some cotton swabs.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:00 pm

He gave the polite medic a nod as he began to work, watching him as he held his hands over the wounds over the cuts and they healed. "Much better already," he agreed. "Very useful skill that you have. Normally I wouldn't think much of them, it's more where the things had been as you said." Then he looked at the medicine and rolled up his sleeve for him.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:16 pm

"Thank you Sir my gift is nothing impressive but it allow me to give my patients at the nursing home I usually work at some relief so I am content."
Jimmy said as he gave you the shot with sure, practiced hands ensuring there where very little discomfort.
"There I am done, and yes often when there are small cuts it is far more important where what caused them have been than anything else."
The healer said as he went to dispose to the syringe and the cotton swabs.
"I should get all of this burned...I am instructed to do so but I can not leave until someone relieve me as someone need to watch over the patients."
He muttered to himself as he tied the garbage bag shut.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:51 pm

"I'll take what you used on me for now and let someone know you need some assistance," he offered. "Your gift is perfectly useful, in a triage situation smaller injuries are deprioritized but may still end up being significant, even deadly later. So while we need thise who can attend to critical situations, we also need those who can see to the more common injuries or caregiving. I am sure those you treat in the nursing facility welcome relief from their pains."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top