Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:15 pm

"I'll take what you used on me for now and let someone know you need some assistance," he offered.

"Very well Sir."
Jimmy said and wrapped the syringe and cotton swabs he had used on you in a white plastic bag and handed it to you.
"Thank you, I appreciate it."

"Your gift is perfectly useful, in a triage situation smaller injuries are deprioritized but may still end up being significant, even deadly later. So while we need thise who can attend to critical situations, we also need those who can see to the more common injuries or caregiving. I am sure those you treat in the nursing facility welcome relief from their pains."

"Thank you Sir. I do appreciate the gift I have and I am very thankful for it, I at times wish I could do more to heal but I know what I can do help as well, do not misunderstand me I thankful."
Jimmy said and smiles.
"Well then, is there anything else I can do for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:55 pm

He took the bag and then added it to the growing pile he had of stuff to burn up, though he was careful of the fact there was a needle. "I think all healers wish they could do more to help at times. But it is I who am thankful, so thank you," he said, putting his boots back on. "That should do it," he said and stood up."I'll go let them know about the situation, it's important to take care of things of that nature promptly." He gave him a nod of his head and then headed up to the Chief's office.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:05 pm

"I think you are right. At times, I wish I could completely cure all my patients but I can not, but I guess all anyone can do is their best, I can care for my patients the best I can and I have a little leg up to make healing times a little less and dampen pain, and I am happy with that though yes I do wish that I could do more."
Jimmy said and nodded.
"You are very welcome, it was not much job to clean up a few rat scratches."
He said with a bit of a grin.
"If you could then that would be great, it is no great hurry but I do not like to have materials with patient's blood laying in the bin to long knowing what a skilled mage can do with them."
The young healer said and nodded.

You get to the Chief's Office you hear the soft mumbling of voices inside. Joakim open the door for you and show you in, you see Colin sitting there with the Chief talking.
"Ah Mr Roth Hicks, you got things taken care of at the infirmary I trust, and you are alright?"
Joakim asked as he indicated a chair.
"Would you like a cup of coffee...forgive me for saying so but you look like you could use something to get the warmth back into your bones..."
The hedge wizard offered though he looked rather pale himself, the situation with Carmon was clearly dredging up bad memories.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:46 pm

I'm alright, do your part and that's all. Take care of the others, i'll take this one. Tane said, and activated Atonga's Blessing, while he lumped forward and slashed the woman across the chest.

Attack: Dex 3 + melee 3= 6
9, 6, 3, 9, 8, 10

I swear this is the Random.org Result XD

strenght 4 + sword 3= 7
10 (6), 10 (8 ), 10 (8 ), 2, 1, 6, 6

additional suceses (attack)= 4
3, 9, 1, 3
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:59 pm

You hit the Nephandus hard across the chest with your sword, her attempts to get out of the way did not do much, and you hear ribbons crack, the woman screams and crumple to the ground, bleeding badly, her gun rolling out of her now limp hand. You can see that she is breathing shallowly and with great difficulty though you do not know if she is alive, you are however pretty sure that is she do not get immediate medical attention she will not survive.

Antonio calls out the woman's name as she falls to the ground.
"Cadence...no..."
He hissed and he looked rather horrified and just stood there dumbfounded looking at the broken form bleeding on the floor.

Darrian yelled out to Helga.
"Get him out of harm's way!"
Before he headed into the spoke filled room, another vial of something in his hand.

Helga dragged the rather stunned Antonio to the side so he at least would not stand in the middle of the door and be an easy target until he got back to his senses.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:22 pm

"If you could then that would be great, it is no great hurry but I do not like to have materials with patient's blood laying in the bin to long knowing what a skilled mage can do with them."

"Agreed. I'm sure you would make a fine assistant to any covenant but I'm glad you're here. Do take care," he said to him as he left.

"Ah Mr Roth Hicks, you got things taken care of at the infirmary I trust, and you are alright?" Joakim asked as he indicated a chair.
"Would you like a cup of coffee...forgive me for saying so but you look like you could use something to get the warmth back into your bones..."

"The scratches are taken care of, thanks to Mr Ross's care," he said shutting the door behind him. He nodded at Colin in greeting, looking drawn. "Sorry to keep you waiting, Mr Ross would like some assistance burning the medical waste as he cannot leave his patients. I also have some items to take care of and Mrs Knox requests some new clothing and a basin of water to clean up Carmon. In which case, we should then burn his clothing as well." He frowned, looking at him and then sat down on the proffered chair. "No, I don't think coffee would help, thank you though. Well, starting at the bottom, I have spoken with Carmon. Given his...circumstances, he does not seem to wish to continue his current existence. He recognizes me, I know though I felt it would be best to wait until things were more secure to preserve everyone's safety to tell him so...he said that he had often dreamed that his friend would help him..." He sighed and picked at a sleeve. "Put an end to it, so if that is the case and it is not some deeper plot, then I would try to help him as that is what might be allowed. Let him know that he saved the girl, that his life as it were had some meaning. He never made any other vampires and tried to stop the other Tremere from picking awakened as targets to turn...

"At any rate, I'm sure you find this topic disturbing sir, I apologize, though I needed to tell you about it, as follow through will likely mean assistance of some kind. As well as all the timing of what we need to do...speaking of that, he did not know very much about what was going on, though he confirmed that he was going to be executed at dawn. Aside from what I told you about Matty, he did say something strange. That he was working with another type of rare vampire, fey-blooded he said, have you ever heard of such a thing? He thought would be targeted for their knowledge. They are able to know where they are in underground tunnels, no matter what. They carry knives, often nice ones, as they do not feed in the way others do. They are tall and thin with all black eyes and generally do not associate with other vampires in the Camirilla, this one was hiding from the local Prince. Unfortunately, my contact found an unknown burnt vampire with an ornate silver dagger earlier tonight. I did not wish to tell him that, but he did say that he knew of one other, that one's childe, though he did not know where he was located. It appears that the Nephandi know a great deal about the vampires, even more than they know themselves."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:51 pm

"Agreed. I'm sure you would make a fine assistant to any covenant but I'm glad you're here. Do take care," he said to him as he left.

"You are to kind Sir but thank you and you take care as well."
Jimmy said and offered you a friendly smile as you left and he went to check up on his patients and make sure they where sleeping comfortably.

"The scratches are taken care of, thanks to Mr Ross's care," he said shutting the door behind him. He nodded at Colin in greeting, looking drawn. "Sorry to keep you waiting, Mr Ross would like some assistance burning the medical waste as he cannot leave his patients. I also have some items to take care of and Mrs Knox requests some new clothing and a basin of water to clean up Carmon. In which case, we should then burn his clothing as well."

"Mr Ross is a good man, he is a resource for the Chantry."
Joakim said as he pulled out his phone.
"I will let the Sentinels know to send someone up to help Mr Ross and also to bring the items Mrs Knox asked for to her. We have a couple of fireplaces in the building, they can be used to burn what have to be destroyed."
He said.
"There is one up on the second floor, two doors down from the sitting room your group have been given do feel free to use it Mr Roth Hicks."

He frowned, looking at him and then sat down on the proffered chair. "No, I don't think coffee would help, thank you though.

Joakim nodded he put the coffee pot away and went to sit down in his worn office chair.
"Very well."

Well, starting at the bottom, I have spoken with Carmon. Given his...circumstances, he does not seem to wish to continue his current existence. He recognizes me, I know though I felt it would be best to wait until things were more secure to preserve everyone's safety to tell him so...he said that he had often dreamed that his friend would help him..." He sighed and picked at a sleeve. "Put an end to it, so if that is the case and it is not some deeper plot, then I would try to help him as that is what might be allowed. Let him know that he saved the girl, that his life as it were had some meaning. He never made any other vampires and tried to stop the other Tremere from picking awakened as targets to turn...

"I see...that is sad, but might be the greatest mercy that can be offered...the pain....the emptiness it never go away, it never gets better, having a goal, some purpose can make it livable for a while but..."
Joakim swallowed hard and looked down.
"I understand his choice."
He added softly, there was deep sorrow in his eyes before he managed to pull himself back together.
"I ehm...have nothing against you being the one to offer our guest that release, if that is what he truly wants, and if he was here trying to save Liv Bergen telling him that she is safe might give him some comfort yes, there might be some ploy to this but I doubt it...if he tried to prevent the Tremere from turning mages though he have done us and the universe a great service, his request will be honored but...it must be hard for you though...are you sure you are ok with doing this?"
Joakim asked looking at you with eyes he could not completely keep his own sadness out of.

"At any rate, I'm sure you find this topic disturbing sir, I apologize, though I needed to tell you about it, as follow through will likely mean assistance of some kind. As well as all the timing of what we need to do

"I am fine..."
The Security Chief said, but he did not look fine, he was deadly pale and looked like if he was about to be ill while his eyes was full of barely controlled despair.
"Mrs Knox will be able to assist on in how to most humanely end a vampire, and if she can not, I will."

speaking of that, he did not know very much about what was going on, though he confirmed that he was going to be executed at dawn. Aside from what I told you about Matty, he did say something strange. That he was working with another type of rare vampire, fey-blooded he said, have you ever heard of such a thing?

"I have heard rumors about fay blooded vampires, but I always thought it was no more than rumors, if they exist they are indeed rare."
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow.
"Our guest was working with one of them you say Mr Roth Hicks."

He thought would be targeted for their knowledge. They are able to know where they are in underground tunnels, no matter what. They carry knives, often nice ones, as they do not feed in the way others do. They are tall and thin with all black eyes and generally do not associate with other vampires in the Camirilla, this one was hiding from the local Prince. Unfortunately, my contact found an unknown burnt vampire with an ornate silver dagger earlier tonight. I did not wish to tell him that, but he did say that he knew of one other, that one's childe, though he did not know where he was located. It appears that the Nephandi know a great deal about the vampires, even more than they know themselves."

"It is a shame this creature you speak of is dead, Mr Wainwright's little...ehm pet Nephandus have produced some maps of the Labyrinth, the problem is the most sensitive areas seam to shift about and move constantly so no accurate map can be drawn, and that might be just exactly why they went after this tall thin man with the nice dagger, he could have been useful, not that I would be trilled about working with a vampire and would not be allowed to do so either so it is a bit of a moot point. I do agree it is best not to tell our guest that his friend is dead though, it is best not to upset him further."
The Security Chief said and scratched his cheek.
"Yes, well I doubt it is Nephandi in general, just like our Mrs Knox know a great deal about vampires someone among the Fallen must have a fair bit of information and they are using it for all it is worth.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:10 pm

"I will let the Sentinels know to send someone up to help Mr Ross and also to bring the items Mrs Knox asked for to her. We have a couple of fireplaces in the building, they can be used to burn what have to be destroyed."

"Thank you."

"I ehm...have nothing against you being the one to offer our guest that release, if that is what he truly wants, and if he was here trying to save Liv Bergen telling him that she is safe might give him some comfort yes, there might be some ploy to this but I doubt it...if he tried to prevent the Tremere from turning mages though he have done us and the universe a great service, his request will be honored but...it must be hard for you though...are you sure you are ok with doing this?"

"Of course, he recently experienced a great deal of trauma. I do not know if that outsider spirit got to him, though we attempted to prevent it but if so it could be affecting such decisions. Still, if that is what he wants, then I will do so. Far better that he have a friend, or at least someone who remembers what he was like when he had better days, than a stranger. My avatar is very...upset, she fills me with memories of us, together as if I were him and in a way I am  partly him because I cannot unknow what I have been shown and how that man felt, but also I am not just him, but who I am now and all those in between that I know and do not know about. It is like reading a book with many chapters, and you get further on, and re-read a chapter that you read before, but it's still like reading it for the first time, because you are not the same as when you read it then..." He frowned. "I'm not quite sure if that makes sense. The emotions are strong though, and the distance of time is not a factor."

"I am fine..." The Security Chief said, but he did not look fine, he was deadly pale and looked like if he was about to be ill while his eyes was full of barely controlled despair. "Mrs Knox will be able to assist on in how to most humanely end a vampire, and if she can not, I will."

"Other than...some logistical concerns, I was thinking perhaps one of my Euthanatos friends could help as that is the nature of their Tradition. Mrs Knox has already been through enough, she translated telepathically and the emotions were...strong, I do not wish to make her or yourself suffer, sir for the troubles of my past."

"I have heard rumors about fay blooded vampires, but I always thought it was no more than rumors, if they exist they are indeed rare." Joakim said and raised an eyebrow. "Our guest was working with one of them you say Mr Roth Hicks."

"That is what he said, though he did not say on what...perhaps it had to do with how he was managing to deal with his own House. If you think we should follow up on that, I can do so after he has rested some."

"It is a shame this creature you speak of is dead, Mr Wainwright's little...ehm pet Nephandus have produced some maps of the Labyrinth, the problem is the most sensitive areas seam to shift about and move constantly so no accurate map can be drawn, and that might be just exactly why they went after this tall thin man with the nice dagger, he could have been useful, not that I would be trilled about working with a vampire and would not be allowed to do so either so it is a bit of a moot point. I do agree it is best not to tell our guest that his friend is dead though, it is best not to upset him further."

He just raised an eyebrow at Colin when the Chief said 'pet Nephandus' and then said, "I have an idea, somewhat associated though...the Labyrinth is in a spiritual realm, perhaps we can befriend a spirit that be willing and able to help us keep from becoming lost in such a place, as one can in the umbra. The place is likely made to be difficult to traverse for anyone not Fallen. If we can find out the name of the person the caul was...made out of, it might be useful as it is the...center of the place, for lack of a better term. Can I see the maps?" he asked.

"Yes, well I doubt it is Nephandi in general, just like our Mrs Knox know a great deal about vampires someone among the Fallen must have a fair bit of information and they are using it for all it is worth.

"That's true. Right now we know that Abigail's wards were acting up, and that she has someone named Cotta there to maintain it for her...and we should probably discuss Matty.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:08 pm

"Of course, he recently experienced a great deal of trauma. I do not know if that outsider spirit got to him, though we attempted to prevent it but if so it could be affecting such decisions. Still, if that is what he wants, then I will do so. Far better that he have a friend, or at least someone who remembers what he was like when he had better days, than a stranger.

"Agreed, we should let him calm down to be sure it is not due to the influence of the Outsider thing that he have made such a request, but I can understand his wishes and yes if it is to be done then it is better that it is done by someone who remembers him for who he was, who let him die as the magus he was not not as what he is now."
Joakim said sadly.

My avatar is very...upset, she fills me with memories of us, together as if I were him and in a way I am partly him because I cannot unknow what I have been shown and how that man felt, but also I am not just him, but who I am now and all those in between that I know and do not know about. It is like reading a book with many chapters, and you get further on, and re-read a chapter that you read before, but it's still like reading it for the first time, because you are not the same as when you read it then..." He frowned. "I'm not quite sure if that makes sense. The emotions are strong though, and the distance of time is not a factor."

"I think it is a beautiful explanation Sodalis and that is how I understand past lives to work. It is like if there are several glasses filled with colored ink, and your Avatar is a spoon put into one of these glasses for a while, then when the spoon is put into a new glass it carry a bit with it from the former vessel that mix into that glass. You are you, but the you that you are have influences from the lives you have lived, and that influence get stronger with memories...I am not sure if Avatars see time at all, or at least they only do so through the eyes of the host. I do hope you will be alright through, even if this is trying."

"Other than...some logistical concerns, I was thinking perhaps one of my Euthanatos friends could help as that is the nature of their Tradition. Mrs Knox has already been through enough, she translated telepathically and the emotions were...strong, I do not wish to make her or yourself suffer, sir for the troubles of my past."

"That might be a better choice yes...Mrs Knox must be tired and I...well I will do it but I am not going deny that it is hard...right now I really have to remind myself of the Chantry I need to protect, the student that need me, and the revenge that I seek...and the little house in Italy I plan to retire to with a fat wife when my quest is done and I can stop prolonging my life and just live out my remaining years in peace...I have to remind myself...ehm...sorry er yes asking one of the Euthanatoi to help you might be wise, and the rules are simple, though brutal making painlessly ending his life hard, decapitation, destroying the heart, sunlight or completely destroying the body, that are the only things that kill a vampire, well there are a few other things but as a general rule, nothing else will end it."
Joamim said and you notice his hands shaking as he drew a deep breath to try to regain his composure.

"That is what he said, though he did not say on what...perhaps it had to do with how he was managing to deal with his own House. If you think we should follow up on that, I can do so after he has rested some."

"Yes, unless it causes him to much grief or we have to move on the Labyrinth before then and there are no time to do so then following up with some questions about this vampire with fay blood could lead to something we can use, perhaps, but do not push him to far the poor man have suffered enough."

"I have an idea, somewhat associated though...the Labyrinth is in a spiritual realm, perhaps we can befriend a spirit that be willing and able to help us keep from becoming lost in such a place, as one can in the umbra.

"That is not a bad idea Sodalis, hum...I worked with a cat spirit once when I needed to find my way through a regio, she appear as a kitten with a ball of yarn and can find her way almost everywhere, I still have her name written down in one of my grimoires...she might be convinced to help us."
Joakim said and scratched his chin.
"She is mischievous though, likes to play tricks on people."

The place is likely made to be difficult to traverse for anyone not Fallen. If we can find out the name of the person the caul was...made out of, it might be useful as it is the...center of the place, for lack of a better term. Can I see the maps?" he asked.

Joakim handed you several sheets of paper where a child had drawn a crude map with a pen, here and there rooms was marked as kitchen, Matty's room do not go in here, Library, Storage room, Abigail's flower room, torture chamber, sitting room, and so on, the center was a big blob that was marked as always moving.
"Well we could try to force that name out of Miss Jerkins though I doubt that will be an easy feat. We might ask the girl Anna who drew that map if she knows though it is doubtful she knows anything but then again you never know what a child have overheard, adults then to underestimate them and forget that they are there and that they have ears."

"That's true. Right now we know that Abigail's wards were acting up, and that she has someone named Cotta there to maintain it for her...and we should probably discuss Matty.

"Yes and hopefully they will keep acting up, I would love to know more about those wards and also about this Cotta...as for Miss Carlyle, she is going to make our job of taking down the Labyrinth more difficult I would prefer to take her out first, if that is at all possible, the question is how to get a hold of her..."
Joakim said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:12 am

Colin sighed, "Multiple Fallen, the Blade of Senex, and more... I think things are about to get ugly in several ways... The public opinion might just get more shaken than the Council of Nine can ignore."
He grimaced, "I'm not sure it can be done... but I'll hope against reason so long as that holds a chance at something better. As for the leaders of my own Chantry, no, I haven't discussed it with them yet. I will, of course, confer with them as soon as I am back. And I shall admit, I don't look forward to it. Our Deacon Primus, Master Steelhaven, will probably counsel caution, though offer sympathy. His successor apparent, Master Sharaya, will probably be reluctant at best. Chief Morgan, though... will probably have me make a memorial plaque for every Bostonite Mage who has fallen in battle with the Nephandi, as punishment for even daring to suggest it. Then again, he might sympathize and give me his blessing, seeing as... well, politics..."
He nodded, "Yes, the other hazards of the Labyrinth... I expect they have an Aegis, and more, which will make our work a lot harder until it can be picked apart and unraveled... As well as their active defenders and defenses. It's not going to be easy, by any definition..."
He gave Adley a small smile and sipped his coffee, listening intently, then frowned as Adley described the Fey-blooded vampires, "Hold on a moment... didn't Chief Morgan send me a picture of something like what you just described? A silver dagger that was found in Boston?"
He skimmed through the messages on his phone to see if he could find that picture.
He gave Joakim a brief but dirty look at the term "pet Nephandus", then sighed, "Speaking of vampires and the Labyrinth, has there been any progress with the one who... helped build it?"
He pondered as Adley skimmed the maps, "Matty Carlyle... taking her out might be simpler than we'd like. She is terrified of us - to the extent of carrying a suicide pill around. It's an ugly thing, but scaring her into taking that pill is a viable option, I should think..."

((OOC: I would have tried to add a little more, but I'm deathly tired. Long day, and I put my Pathfinder group through a time loop bouncing them 2000 years into the past, to the time of the previous Pantheon. Today was also the session where a new player got added to the group, so that poor character certainly got a rough first day on the job... Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:50 am

ANyone proficient with a gun? Darrian, what do you see on the mist? Tane said, covered in blood. Some of his tatoos were mouths that licked the blood out of his face, the echoes making a tingling on his skin. He had used much magic in a short period of time, and that produced the mouths.

(what do we see once inside?)
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:17 am

"Agreed, we should let him calm down to be sure it is not due to the influence of the Outsider thing that he have made such a request, but I can understand his wishes and yes if it is to be done then it is better that it is done by someone who remembers him for who he was, who let him die as the magus he was not not as what he is now."

He gave him a nod and then sat back in the chair with a sigh.

"I think it is a beautiful explanation Sodalis and that is how I understand past lives to work. It is like if there are several glasses filled with colored ink, and your Avatar is a spoon put into one of these glasses for a while, then when the spoon is put into a new glass it carry a bit with it from the former vessel that mix into that glass. You are you, but the you that you are have influences from the lives you have lived, and that influence get stronger with memories...I am not sure if Avatars see time at all, or at least they only do so through the eyes of the host. I do hope you will be alright through, even if this is trying."

"I suppose it's a bit like our spirit friends, everything is now, aside from our input. As for being alright, well...it's hard to see him suffer like that and no doubt it will not be easy to give him respite. He deserves a better death but at least it is better than what the Nephandi had planned for him. And maybe it will alleviate some of the guilt that my soul carries from that host. Then there will be a closure to it for all of us."

"That might be a better choice yes...Mrs Knox must be tired and I...well I will do it but I am not going deny that it is hard...right now I really have to remind myself of the Chantry I need to protect, the student that need me, and the revenge that I seek...and the little house in Italy I plan to retire to with a fat wife when my quest is done and I can stop prolonging my life and just live out my remaining years in peace...I have to remind myself...ehm...sorry er yes asking one of the Euthanatoi to help you might be wise, and the rules are simple, though brutal making painlessly ending his life hard, decapitation, destroying the heart, sunlight or completely destroying the body, that are the only things that kill a vampire, well there are a few other things but as a general rule, nothing else will end it."

"As I said there will be some things to ask assistance with, but I would not wish to burden you sir. I hope that you in good time retire to Italy," he agreed. Then he said, "I do wonder who made Carmon a vampire. I might dredge up his mentor's Name, from when he was a magus but it seems most of them have changed them, for obvious reasons. Not Carmon though, I suppose that says a lot about him and the path that he tried to make for himself. But whomever did that to him deserves death far more than Carmon for perpetuating such a tragedy."

"Yes, unless it causes him to much grief or we have to move on the Labyrinth before then and there are no time to do so then following up with some questions about this vampire with fay blood could lead to something we can use, perhaps, but do not push him to far the poor man have suffered enough."

"Very well."

"That is not a bad idea Sodalis, hum...I worked with a cat spirit once when I needed to find my way through a regio, she appear as a kitten with a ball of yarn and can find her way almost everywhere, I still have her name written down in one of my grimoires...she might be convinced to help us." Joakim said and scratched his chin. "She is mischievous though, likes to play tricks on people."

"I suppose it depends rather on how much of the Labyrinth is still part of manifested reality, my guess is the caul is the breach and most of it still is in the umbra with the regio crossovers." He shifted uncomfortably at the thought of it. "A cat with a ball of yarn...yes, that's a good analogy. I'm not sure that we'll be able to take any pranks during such a mission though." He looked over the maps, raising an eyebrow at Matty's room. "Even the other Fallen don't like visiting her room."

"Yes and hopefully they will keep acting up, I would love to know more about those wards and also about this Cotta...as for Miss Carlyle, she is going to make our job of taking down the Labyrinth more difficult I would prefer to take her out first, if that is at all possible, the question is how to get a hold of her..."

"If I recall correctly, they're set to be painful to anyone not Fallen and there are nasty spirits embedded in the walls. Well, as for Matty did say she wanted to visit her mentor's grave. That should be on public record, and perhaps it could be watched to see if we get that chance. However, the concern is that even if she died her avatar would still be able to...function on its own accord. I've seen...perceived an avatar that had followed us back once. Matty's is a whole different kettle of very dangerous fish. It was able to act at a distance from her, even the elementals could see it and had never seen anything like it. We would need to trap it, a genie in a bottle, or have someone convince it to go to the Well, if she cannot be taken alive. It was very aggressive, though there was a sliver of it that was horrified and in despair at what it had become tried to hold it back so we could escape. It said that Matty wanted a weapon...I assume for revenge against what she had borne witness to when she was younger."

He gave Adley a small smile and sipped his coffee, listening intently, then frowned as Adley described the Fey-blooded vampires, "Hold on a moment... didn't Chief Morgan send me a picture of something like what you just described? A silver dagger that was found in Boston?"
He skimmed through the messages on his phone to see if he could find that picture.

He tried to sift out the information and drew a blank. "Did he? I don't know if I saw it. Or have since forgotten. Honestly, I did not recall about it until Carmon just told me about them, either."

He pondered as Adley skimmed the maps, "Matty Carlyle... taking her out might be simpler than we'd like. She is terrified of us - to the extent of carrying a suicide pill around. It's an ugly thing, but scaring her into taking that pill is a viable option, I should think..."

"Perhaps we should then be concerned with Matty's avatar...for I am not sure that 'taking that out' will be simple at all, if it is able to detatch itself it could attack us in ways that we are not even able to easily defend ourselves against. The only reason it didn't was that it thought -your- avatar would somehow harm them. Hrm...we should try to find a moment to figure out why that might be."

// no worries Warp, I just didn't want to go too far ahead in the scene either though without you/Colin. And I don't mind waiting, I've made you guys wait sometimes after all. But it sounds like the game was fun, even if it was a long one. Also, did we already make a My Little Nephandi joke? We did right?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:37 am

Colin and Adley:

Colin sighed, "Multiple Fallen, the Blade of Senex, and more... I think things are about to get ugly in several ways... The public opinion might just get more shaken than the Council of Nine can ignore."

"It might get badly shaken yes, perhaps there will be some questioning if we use that ritual...to liberally on the Fallen, one thing are people like Abigail, or this Matty, we need to stop that corruption but every widderslainte, every Fallen...the problem is that unless this method you speak of the cleanse the Fallen actually can be proven to work, many would say we have no choice, if we kill a Nephandus they just get reborn, and there is a point to that. Just public outcry will not be enough, it might save a couple of individuals but not more, if you want things to change you will need this cure you speak of Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said and rubbed his eyes again clearly fatigued.

He grimaced, "I'm not sure it can be done... but I'll hope against reason so long as that holds a chance at something better. As for the leaders of my own Chantry, no, I haven't discussed it with them yet. I will, of course, confer with them as soon as I am back. And I shall admit, I don't look forward to it. Our Deacon Primus, Master Steelhaven, will probably counsel caution, though offer sympathy. His successor apparent, Master Sharaya, will probably be reluctant at best. Chief Morgan, though... will probably have me make a memorial plaque for every Bostonite Mage who has fallen in battle with the Nephandi, as punishment for even daring to suggest it. Then again, he might sympathize and give me his blessing, seeing as... well, politics..."

"Well you are going to have to reach some accord with your leaders Mr Wainwright as the girl can not stay here indefinitely, a few days yes, but I doubt our own Deacon Council will allow her to stay beyond that and would rather then leave her in the hands of the Enforcers."
Joakim said and sipped his coffee.

He nodded, "Yes, the other hazards of the Labyrinth... I expect they have an Aegis, and more, which will make our work a lot harder until it can be picked apart and unraveled... As well as their active defenders and defenses. It's not going to be easy, by any definition..."

"They are likely to have some sort of ward yes, and as they are proven to be able to cast an Aegis, they have to have some turncoats from my own Tradition, it is likely to be the one they use, and it may or may not be modified with some more nasty surprises, I would like to know more about their defenses but I suspect the good Miss Jerkins down in the basement will be hard to convince to give us that information."
The hedge wizard muttered and frowned.
"What about the girl, do she know anything about their wards?"

You did find the pictured sent from Master Telar on Jeffry's behalf, several detailed pictures of a beautiful, well made silver dagger that had been found in Boston yes though there was not allot of added information about it in the texts.

He gave Joakim a brief but dirty look at the term "pet Nephandus", then sighed, "Speaking of vampires and the Labyrinth, has there been any progress with the one who... helped build it?"

Joakim just gave you a tired but still mischievous smile back then he said.
"Actually there have, a little one of the Mercere have managed to reach her, I do not understand how but the creature is speaking a little now, but she is hard to understand as she completely disassociates, she has made a imagined friend for herself and speak of herself through the eyes of that friend..."Sarah"...it gets rather confusing rather quickly."

"It might, unless that also release her altered Avatar to go on an attack spree, though if she die by her own hand it is possible it will just go to the Well, though I am not so sure it is desirable that soul reincarnates, then again it will get her our of our hair right now."
Joakim said and sigh.
"And yes it is an ugly thing but we have to deal with her somehow."

"I suppose it's a bit like our spirit friends, everything is now, aside from our input.

Joakim nodded at that.

As for being alright, well...it's hard to see him suffer like that and no doubt it will not be easy to give him respite. He deserves a better death but at least it is better than what the Nephandi had planned for him. And maybe it will alleviate some of the guilt that my soul carries from that host. Then there will be a closure to it for all of us."

"I do hope you get that closure Sodalis I really do and I do not wish for Carmon to suffer further he have been through...well."
Joakim drew a deep breath then he looked at you.
"Master Morgan have trained you to be strong, I am sure you will make it through this, but it can not be easy."
He said with sympathy in his voice.

"As I said there will be some things to ask assistance with, but I would not wish to burden you sir. I hope that you in good time retire to Italy," he agreed.

"I am the Chief of Security for this Chantry and I will do my job so do not worry about burdening me Mr Roth Hicks but I do thank you for your concern and consideration and I do appreciate it."
Joakim said softly, the first part with a bit of pride and the second sounding rather tired.

Then he said, "I do wonder who made Carmon a vampire. I might dredge up his mentor's Name, from when he was a magus but it seems most of them have changed them, for obvious reasons. Not Carmon though, I suppose that says a lot about him and the path that he tried to make for himself. But whomever did that to him deserves death far more than Carmon for perpetuating such a tragedy."

"Yes he do."
The hedge wizard said then he sigh.
"I do have some research into the early Tremere vampires, you are welcome to it but think before you accept Sodalis for it will be dangerous knowledge to have. Lady Crexia might also be able to assist you, she was one of the few that managed to flee to House Tytalus then the vampire scandal happened."
Joakim said, his voice was fairly soft though inside you feel your Avatar burn with the desire to take out the one who turned Carmon and burn them to ash, no words, just that feeling, that strong desire from her.

"I suppose it depends rather on how much of the Labyrinth is still part of manifested reality, my guess is the caul is the breach and most of it still is in the umbra with the regio crossovers."

"Most of the Labyrinth is probably in the Umbra and yes the Caul certainly is, even within a Sanctum there would be to much Paradox for such an abomination to exist in physical reality and as for the Nephandi themselves, well talking of Paradox they do have an issue with it, even more so than the rest of you."

He shifted uncomfortably at the thought of it. "A cat with a ball of yarn...yes, that's a good analogy. I'm not sure that we'll be able to take any pranks during such a mission though." He looked over the maps, raising an eyebrow at Matty's room. "Even the other Fallen don't like visiting her room."

"Yes that is what concern me as well, it is not a mission we would like pranks on, but she is the best guide you could find in the Umbra that I know of."
Joakim said then he gave a slight grin.
"Well at least the twelve year old child Nephandus do not like visiting Matty's room and do not think the man she sees as the savior of her Avatar if he stays alive should go in there...which means it is probably not a pleasant place."

"If I recall correctly, they're set to be painful to anyone not Fallen and there are nasty spirits embedded in the walls.

"Unless they also have other nasty surprises for us that might have been erected after we got that information from Mr Silverberg or as an contingency plan."

Well, as for Matty did say she wanted to visit her mentor's grave. That should be on public record, and perhaps it could be watched to see if we get that chance. However, the concern is that even if she died her avatar would still be able to...function on its own accord. I've seen...perceived an avatar that had followed us back once. Matty's is a whole different kettle of very dangerous fish. It was able to act at a distance from her, even the elementals could see it and had never seen anything like it. We would need to trap it, a genie in a bottle, or have someone convince it to go to the Well, if she cannot be taken alive. It was very aggressive, though there was a sliver of it that was horrified and in despair at what it had become tried to hold it back so we could escape. It said that Matty wanted a weapon...I assume for revenge against what she had borne witness to when she was younger."

"Yes agreed and a Avatar that can act on it's own...and my worry is that it will be even more powerful outside of the host. I spoke with Master Min about her and he have sent an emergency message to the Council of Nine about Miss Carlyle asking permission to...take care of things in the field if need be, after all she is a Barrabus from our own Tradition so she is entitled to a trial, but she might be to dangerous to give one...I am also considering sending Ir for this, I know he is not someone it is easy to work with and I would not really want him to know what is going on but when it comes to Fallen Avatars he knows how to deal with them but there is of course great danger in that and I would only use that option if Master Min do not get that permission from the Council in time. As for the grave of her Mentor, yes we should have that watched, perhaps we can take her alone there and deal with her. I do think her choice to mutilate her soul so are a result of what she was forced to witness as a child yes, and that was not right and she have my sympathies, but now she needs to be taken down."
Joakim said and frowned.

"Perhaps we should then be concerned with Matty's avatar...for I am not sure that 'taking that out' will be simple at all, if it is able to detatch itself it could attack us in ways that we are not even able to easily defend ourselves against. The only reason it didn't was that it thought -your- avatar would somehow harm them. Hrm...we should try to find a moment to figure out why that might be."

"Miss Carlyle's soul is afraid of Mr Wainwright?"
Joakim asked an raised an eyebrow.
"Or rather of his Avatar, yes indeed I would really to know more about that and as soon as possible, it could be most important. As for how to deal with Matty's Avatar...I hate to say it but I think we will need Master Min and a few of his friends with the same masteries."
He said in a grim tone of voice.

(OOC: I do not mind waiting if someone are having a busy day, no problem at all. I am glad you had a good game Warp. Also lol at the My Little Nephandus. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:41 am

Tane:

"There do not seam to be anyone in this room, but we need to move quickly, the spoke is not harmful, you can step through it Mr Karyak."
Darrian called.
"Let us find the other Nephandi before they can call for help."

Helga looks at the tattooed mouths licking blood out of your face with a raised eyebrow.
"Okey then...well I am not judging...anyway I am pretty good with a gun."
She said. You see Antonio rubbing his eyes he seamed to be getting over the worst of the shock.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:06 am

"Actually there have, a little one of the Mercere have managed to reach her, I do not understand how but the creature is speaking a little now, but she is hard to understand as she completely disassociates, she has made a imagined friend for herself and speak of herself through the eyes of that friend..."Sarah"...it gets rather confusing rather quickly."

"Hm...well, it's possible she knows of these vampires as well, though it may be hard to speak with her. I suppose though it is some progress."

"It might, unless that also release her altered Avatar to go on an attack spree, though if she die by her own hand it is possible it will just go to the Well, though I am not so sure it is desirable that soul reincarnates, then again it will get her our of our hair right now." Joakim said and sigh. "And yes it is an ugly thing but we have to deal with her somehow."

"It's quite sad, there is still a part of it that knows it lost something...but I was told that it is rare but possible that avatars can 'walk into' another and that is something I am very concerned about happening as well, especially if it should become untethered, without a host to...well, the girl is all that part of it was able to care for, as best I can explain."

"I am the Chief of Security for this Chantry and I will do my job so do not worry about burdening me Mr Roth Hicks but I do thank you for your concern and consideration and I do appreciate it." Joakim said softly, the first part with a bit of pride and the second sounding rather tired

"Yes sir, when the time comes I'll have to figure out where such a thing should be done and what to do with anything left." He sighed. "But in the meantime..."

"I do have some research into the early Tremere vampires, you are welcome to it but think before you accept Sodalis for it will be dangerous knowledge to have. Lady Crexia might also be able to assist you, she was one of the few that managed to flee to House Tytalus then the vampire scandal happened."

Adley gave him a slightly wry look. Everything he'd found out to date had indeed been dangerous. Then he was filled with the sense of ashes and burning. "I will think about it. I am not sure the man would be able to tell me himself, it seems they protect themselves from things like that. And perhaps he would not wish me to take that action, I would...rather discuss it with him first. And I am aware I might be biting off rather more than I can chew, at least right now. However I will keep that in mind sir."

"Most of the Labyrinth is probably in the Umbra and yes the Caul certainly is, even within a Sanctum there would be to much Paradox for such an abomination to exist in physical reality and as for the Nephandi themselves, well talking of Paradox they do have an issue with it, even more so than the rest of you."

"That does raise a good point...it has been a busy week and I don't know about everyone else but paradox is starting to become a real...potential problem. It would be better if we could take some of the edge off of it." He frowned.

"Yes that is what concern me as well, it is not a mission we would like pranks on, but she is the best guide you could find in the Umbra that I know of." Joakim said then he gave a slight grin. "Well at least the twelve year old child Nephandus do not like visiting Matty's room and do not think the man she sees as the savior of her Avatar if he stays alive should go in there...which means it is probably not a pleasant place."

He cast a worried look at Colin and then said, "Well, perhaps the kitten can be persuaded to prank our enemies. What else does it like? And if I get a moment I would like to repay the elemetals, where should I do that? Do you have a certain place?"

"Unless they also have other nasty surprises for us that might have been erected after we got that information from Mr Silverberg or as an contingency plan."

"That's true."

"Yes agreed and a Avatar that can act on it's own...and my worry is that it will be even more powerful outside of the host. I spoke with Master Min about her and he have sent an emergency message to the Council of Nine about Miss Carlyle asking permission to...take care of things in the field if need be, after all she is a Barrabus from our own Tradition so she is entitled to a trial, but she might be to dangerous to give one...I am also considering sending Ir for this, I know he is not someone it is easy to work with and I would not really want him to know what is going on but when it comes to Fallen Avatars he knows how to deal with them but there is of course great danger in that and I would only use that option if Master Min do not get that permission from the Council in time. As for the grave of her Mentor, yes we should have that watched, perhaps we can take her alone there and deal with her. I do think her choice to mutilate her soul so are a result of what she was forced to witness as a child yes, and that was not right and she have my sympathies, but now she needs to be taken down."

He frowned and then said, "Avatars are unpredictable...but we should take measures if we can. As I said, if it lost its host, it could try for a body or simply attack to destroy our very avatars. It was weaponized and then it would be a weapon under its own sole guidance, that fragile link of care to its host gone and perhaps with it what remained of its ability to mourn what it lost, know that it had once been...something other than that."

"Miss Carlyle's soul is afraid of Mr Wainwright?" Joakim asked an raised an eyebrow. "Or rather of his Avatar, yes indeed I would really to know more about that and as soon as possible, it could be most important. As for how to deal with Matty's Avatar...I hate to say it but I think we will need Master Min and a few of his friends with the same masteries."

"I'm sorry, that wasn't mine to disclose," he said apologetically to Colin. "But it was part of the reason we escaped unscathed by it, certainly. That and its internal fight. One thing...when I first heard the whispering I thought someone had summoned another nasty spirit. It was oppressive and threatening, saying it would devour my body then soul in various ways. At any rate, when I felt it was 'close' enough I unleashed a banishing that we had made earlier and hung with time ars, thinking it would get rid of the spirit. It was a fairly powerful one, at least in my estimation, with the three of us working it. We heard her scream when it was released - it obviously did not kill her or banish her soul permanently but it did do something. For a little while it was quiet again and it hurt her."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:24 am

Colin nodded, "Getting the... therapy to work is an uphill battle. But the long-term consequences of a success there are so monumental, it's worth every bloody inch."
He smiled thinly, "I'm sure I could convince our Deacon Council to reach an agreement in fairly short order... I'm just not sure their agreement would be entirely aligned with what I hope to accomplish with the girl. At any rate, I will try to get you an answer as soon as the Boston crisis is over. So, possibly sometime Monday."
He pondered, skimming a set of maps for notes on wards, "I'm not sure... it's quite possible Anna was never told of the wards' details - or did not care about them, since she was free to act in there."
He turned his phone around to show Adley and Joakim, "This is the silver dagger that was recovered in Boston - the circumstances are a little vague, but it would seem this blade might fit the description of these Fey-blooded vampires' equipment..."
He nodded, "The poor thing's mind has... detached itself so it won't have to deal with the pain. Not a unique occurrence, but yes, that would make getting information more difficult..."
He frowned, "We need to trap Matty's Avatar somehow... I would say 'who you gonna call', but I actually know just the person to ask... Master Telar might have some suggestions for quickly building a makeshift phylactery... an Avatar trap that might at least hold the thing captured for a little while; hopefully long enough to deal with it or construct something better..."
He grimaced, "Yes, Paradox is starting to... accumulate. I did feel a little further imbalanced when I set up those barriers of primal fire... and I still haven't sorted out the allotment so generously donated by Lady Ceris, either..."
He nodded, "Matty's Avatar is indeed spooked by mine... I think I mentioned that as an aside in the garage, actually... if not, that was an unintentional omission. Nothing to apologize for, Adley; it's a potentially important piece of information here and now - though I would appreciate some discretion in general."

((OOC: No, I don't think we've actually made the "My Little Nephandus" joke yet... And yeah, the game was good... This is Pathfinder, raised to a Mythic campaign, and the whole session with visiting the City of Gods that disappeared 1700 years ago didn't even have me roll a single die. Very Happy The players rolled a few saves, though; mostly due to going drinking with the Goddess of Beverages and Intoxicants. Those two characters were so drunk, high and stoned that they saw each others' hallucinations. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:55 am

"Hm...well, it's possible she knows of these vampires as well, though it may be hard to speak with her. I suppose though it is some progress."

"It is worth trying to talk to her but how much she knows and whatever or not it is possible to get something sensible out of her that is another question."
Joakim said and shook his head sadly.
"Well the creature have been tortured for the better part of a century, we could not expect that she would be completely sane. I do not like vampires but no one deserves that kind of treatment."

"It's quite sad, there is still a part of it that knows it lost something...but I was told that it is rare but possible that avatars can 'walk into' another and that is something I am very concerned about happening as well, especially if it should become untethered, without a host to...well, the girl is all that part of it was able to care for, as best I can explain."

"Yes walk ins do happen, usually with new born children but yes it is a concern absolutely and without it's host that thing might become even more dangerous, and yes it is sad, to do something like that to one's own soul, that is just...horrible. Sad or not we are going to have to find a way to deal with this problem."

"Yes sir, when the time comes I'll have to figure out where such a thing should be done and what to do with anything left." He sighed. "But in the meantime..."

"With a vampire that old I suspect all that will be left will be some dust. It can be done in the basement but if Carmon prefers some other place then I am sure something can be arranged."
Joakim said kindly.
"But yes there are other things to discuss and deal with at the moment."

Adley gave him a slightly wry look. Everything he'd found out to date had indeed been dangerous. Then he was filled with the sense of ashes and burning. "I will think about it. I am not sure the man would be able to tell me himself, it seem so they protect themselves from things like that. And perhaps he would not wish me to take that action, I would...rather discuss it with him first. And I am aware I might be biting off rather more than I can chew, at least right now. However I will keep that in mind sir."

"Very well, take all the time you need to discuss it with our guest and think it over."
Joakim said softly.

"That does raise a good point...it has been a busy week and I don't know about everyone else but paradox is starting to become a real...potential problem. It would be better if we could take some of the edge off of it." He frowned.

"I see, well that is an issue. I do not know how to help you with your Paradox issue though Sodalis, however if the Labyrinth is in the Umbra at least that will not be an issue there. Miss Willis might know some remedy for the Paradox problem you have though but I suspect it will be temporary."
The Security Chief said and he sounded rather concerned.

He cast a worried look at Colin and then said, "Well, perhaps the kitten can be persuaded to prank our enemies. What else does it like? And if I get a moment I would like to repay the elemetals, where should I do that? Do you have a certain place?"

"She might be convinced to do that yes...well she is a cat Mr Roth Hicks, she likes milk, treats, attention and boxes."
Joakim said with a slight smile.
"As for the Brothers, anywhere where you can touch the ground or rock is fine, they are not picky. I do appreciate that you are treating them well though, they are dear friends to me."

He frowned and then said, "Avatars are unpredictable...but we should take measures if we can. As I said, if it lost its host, it could try for a body or simply attack to destroy our very avatars. It was weaponized and then it would be a weapon under its own sole guidance, that fragile link of care to its host gone and perhaps with it what remained of its ability to mourn what it lost, know that it had once been...something other than that."

"Which is why I would prefer if this Matty was captured and that soul of hers...dealt with while she is still alive, it is clear that if she die first then that Avatar will become very dangerous, and when going after her I have to send someone strong enough to offer some protection but even so...well we have no idea how that Avatar would react to the loss of it's host..."
Joakim said then he sigh.
"Damn it everything have to be complicated don't it..."
He grumbled.

"But it was part of the reason we escaped unscathed by it, certainly. That and its internal fight. One thing...when I first heard the whispering I thought someone had summoned another nasty spirit. It was oppressive and threatening, saying it would devour my body then soul in various ways. At any rate, when I felt it was 'close' enough I unleashed a banishing that we had made earlier and hung with time ars, thinking it would get rid of the spirit. It was a fairly powerful one, at least in my estimation, with the three of us working it. We heard her scream when it was released - it obviously did not kill her or banish her soul permanently but it did do something. For a little while it was quiet again and it hurt her."

"Hum...that is interesting so a banishing did something? That have to be looked into, if we can knock Matty out for a bit capturing her alive will be far easier though yes I suspect that if the banishing actually worked, that would have hurt her quite badly. I do wonder why it worked on that Avatar though, and the idea of it eating you...ehm body and soul are worrying."
Joakim said then he looked at Colin.
"And again I really would love to know more about why Mr Wainwright's Avatar seam to scare Fallen souls so, he said it scared the Avatar of the little Nephandi girl he captured as well...hum..."

Colin nodded, "Getting the... therapy to work is an uphill battle. But the long-term consequences of a success there are so monumental, it's worth every bloody inch."

Joakim nodded at that but he looked a little skeptical.
"I do hope it will work Mr Wainwright but...well I am not sure I will believe it until I see it."

He smiled thinly, "I'm sure I could convince our Deacon Council to reach an agreement in fairly short order... I'm just not sure their agreement would be entirely aligned with what I hope to accomplish with the girl. At any rate, I will try to get you an answer as soon as the Boston crisis is over. So, possibly sometime Monday."

"Very well, good Monday will be fine, and I do hope you will be successful but I do not envy you standing before your leaders and making that request to put it that way."
The Security Chief said with a bit of a wry smile.

He pondered, skimming a set of maps for notes on wards, "I'm not sure... it's quite possible Anna was never told of the wards' details - or did not care about them, since she was free to act in there."

There was no marking on the map about wards or rotes.
"Yes that may be or she assume we know there will be wards there and do not think it necessary to mention, or she literary obeyed your request and drew a map and did not see the need for added information."

He turned his phone around to show Adley and Joakim, "This is the silver dagger that was recovered in Boston - the circumstances are a little vague, but it would seem this blade might fit the description of these Fey-blooded vampires' equipment..."

Joakim looked at the knife.
"Hum...if you would please ask about that knife and where and how it was found Mr Wainwright, when time allows?"
He requested.

He nodded, "The poor thing's mind has... detached itself so it won't have to deal with the pain. Not a unique occurrence, but yes, that would make getting information more difficult..."

"Yes I have seen similar things happen to victims of repeated torture and abuse...at least she is talking now though so there is progress."
Joakim said and the frowned of the vampiress' treatment.

He frowned, "We need to trap Matty's Avatar somehow... I would say 'who you gonna call', but I actually know just the person to ask... Master Telar might have some suggestions for quickly building a makeshift phylactery... an Avatar trap that might at least hold the thing captured for a little while; hopefully long enough to deal with it or construct something better..."

"Ah yes Master Telar, I have heard her name, they say she is good, very good perhaps even better than our Master Ir, yes contacting the woman about this might be wise."
Joakim said and nodded.
"I am not so sure a thing like quick Avatar trap can be constructed but it is worth asking her advice."

He grimaced, "Yes, Paradox is starting to... accumulate. I did feel a little further imbalanced when I set up those barriers of primal fire... and I still haven't sorted out the allotment so generously donated by Lady Ceris, either..."

Joakim gave a worried frown at that.

He nodded, "Matty's Avatar is indeed spooked by mine... I think I mentioned that as an aside in the garage, actually... if not, that was an unintentional omission. Nothing to apologize for, Adley; it's a potentially important piece of information here and now - though I would appreciate some discretion in general."

"Well we need to figure out why...why indeed are your Avatar going around spooking Fallen souls, you said Miss Anna's what was it, glass dragon? Also reacted negatively to yours? Perhaps there are more than one question you should ask the esteemed Master Telar about."
The Security Chief suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:59 pm

We'll talk later if you want, for now, take the gun. Antonio. he got closer to Antonio and placed a hand over his shoulder.
I belive she can still be saved. Try to stabilize her and follow us as soon as you can. Helga, come on, leave him be with her, the other nephandus are not in this room. I'll take point, are there other doors? he asked, sword raised and entering the mist, ready to strike anything other than Darrian.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:39 pm

We'll talk later if you want, for now, take the gun. Antonio. he got closer to Antonio and placed a hand over his shoulder.

Antonio looks at you for a moment then he nodded and took the gun.
"Yeah I know we need to get this done now Mr Karyak, it is just that..."
The Scribe said and looked at the badly wounded Nephandus on the floor sadly.
"I will be right behind you, covering your back."
He muttered.

I belive she can still be saved. Try to stabilize her and follow us as soon as you can.

"No it is better if I cower the rest of you."
Antonio said and glanced down at the Nephandus again, he did not say anything but saving her meant she would be taken captive and...Gilgulled, killing her would land him in hot water but having to support the rest of the group rather than trying to stop the downed woman's bleeding no one could blame him for that.
"I am an Adept Mr Karyak if there is trouble you will need me."
He said as he hurried after you but there was still a bit of shock in his eyes.
"If there is time once we have freed the hostages we can try to stabilize her."
Antonio added but it was clear from the tone of his voice that he hoped the woman would be dead by then.

Helga, come on, leave him be with her, the other nephandus are not in this room. I'll take point, are there other doors? he asked, sword raised and entering the mist, ready to strike anything other than Darrian.

"Yeah I have found a door Mr Karyak..."
Darrian shouted then you heard him utter.
"Woah""
And in the next second a fireball flew past him, past you, nearly hit Helga and exploded into the wall so the entire building shook.
"Fuck...are you alright Mr Haagen?"
Helga shout and Darrian replied.
"Yes...I am fine but I think I have found one of the other Nephandi and he is not happy."
The Alchemist said and you hear one of his glass bottles shattering and a man further into the building screamed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Colin smiled, "Well, a Doubting Thomas also has his place; if I recall correctly, he was the fiercest apostle once he saw proof for himself."
He grimaced, "Quite. I expect the temperature will rise quite a few degrees; Chief Morgan is, well... you know."
He nodded, "Alas, the girl is asleep now, and I'm not sure if waking her up will be beneficial. There might be some more luck with miss Jerkins, really."
He nodded and sent a message back to Cita, "That silver dagger, what details do you have about it, and how/where it was recovered? The matter of fey-blooded vampires has come up - strange, black-eyed, fangless vampires who carry silver daggers to bleed their victims."
He smiled, "Master Telar has built a magnificent capital ship for Horizon; a great phylactery-powered battleship. Well, it's under construction, at least. It seems she indeed is the very best at that aspect of working with Avatars, at least, though there might be other finer point where others surpass her. True, a quick Avatar trap is probably not viable, but perhaps something akin to a mancatcher could be arranged?"
He sighed, "I don't think I've got an outright troublesome amount of Paradox, but i would want to be careful to avoid a backlash."
He smiled wryly, "I'm sure that when Master Telar gets to take a look at my Avatar, the questions will come quite naturally. Hum... come to think of it, perhaps I should see if miss Jerkins notices anything in the cell, and if so, what she has to say about it..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:56 pm

Was i not clear? HEAL HER. I want her alive. You're not focused, you're going to get killed or get us killed. Save her. Tane said, taking his gun and handing it to Helga. Fear not for her soul, i want to learn to help people return from the Caul, i need her as she still is at least a bit human. Now move it!

As the fireball flew past them, Tane saw it's trajectory and started tunning, trying to slamm the nephandus and cut him down I TOLD YOU TO LET ME TAKE THE FUCKING POINT! He roared as he launched himself to the chase of the nephandus
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:16 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Well, a Doubting Thomas also has his place; if I recall correctly, he was the fiercest apostle once he saw proof for himself."

"Indeed...well while I doubt the result, I do think the possibility and potential good if it turns out this cure works to be of enough importance that a bit of risk to test it out is acceptable."
Joakim said and inclined his head towards you.

He grimaced, "Quite. I expect the temperature will rise quite a few degrees; Chief Morgan is, well... you know."

"Ah yes I know, most mages get some sort of, we called it a wizard's sigil back in the day, strange effects of their magick and Master Morgan being of my House I can imagine it can get quite hot when he gets irritated indeed."
Joakim said with a wry grin.

He nodded, "Alas, the girl is asleep now, and I'm not sure if waking her up will be beneficial. There might be some more luck with miss Jerkins, really."

"Very well, if you think that is best that is alright with me Mr Wainwright."

He nodded and sent a message back to Cita, "That silver dagger, what details do you have about it, and how/where it was recovered? The matter of fey-blooded vampires has come up - strange, black-eyed, fangless vampires who carry silver daggers to bleed their victims."

You get a message back after a few moments.
"From what I was told Mr Miles a new member of SH and Mr Haagen where coming back from picking up Mr Bridge from Riverside when they found a wounded man on the docks, he was badly hurt but started healing almost immediately. I do not know what he was but he had all black eyes, like those of gray aliens and he was described as being cold to the touch. When Mr Miles pressed him he fled leaving that dagger behind in his haste."

He smiled, "Master Telar has built a magnificent capital ship for Horizon; a great phylactery-powered battleship. Well, it's under construction, at least. It seems she indeed is the very best at that aspect of working with Avatars, at least, though there might be other finer point where others surpass her. True, a quick Avatar trap is probably not viable, but perhaps something akin to a mancatcher could be arranged?"

"Yes I have heard about that ship, it will be magnificent, however I doubt she can make an phylactery in a snap, I am not going to sit here and talk for Master Telar on what she can and can not do though. I do recommend contacting the woman and asking her advice on the matter though."
Joakim said and nodded.

He sighed, "I don't think I've got an outright troublesome amount of Paradox, but i would want to be careful to avoid a backlash."

"Well I hope you can manage to avoid that Mr Wainwright."
The Security Chief said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "I'm sure that when Master Telar gets to take a look at my Avatar, the questions will come quite naturally. Hum... come to think of it, perhaps I should see if miss Jerkins notices anything in the cell, and if so, what she has to say about it..."

"That might be wise Mr Wainwright, you should visit Miss Jerkins once we are done here. I am also considering seeing if one of our teleporters can get you back to Steelhaven to have you examined, I know the issue is very private but you might end up being a rather important strategic assert and then I would want to know a bit more...unless you protest of course...it is your soul after all, however let us see if Miss Jerkins senses anything I do not want to tax our teleporters needlessly."
Joakim said and gave you an apologetic glance.

(OOC: I will reply to Tane's post in a little bit, I am going out to play MtG today and I need to get ready I think everyone involved will appreciate it if I am not naked when I go playing. Razz I will try to get the post in before I leave.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:46 pm

Was i not clear? HEAL HER. I want her alive. You're not focused, you're going to get killed or get us killed. Save her.

Antonio gave you a look that said that he was not pleased, he did sit down by the wounded Nephandus' side though and found his notebook, he was not focused that was right and this was not the situation to argue about the matter but he did give you a look that said there would be words later.

Tane said, taking his gun and handing it to Helga. Fear not for her soul, i want to learn to help people return from the Caul, i need her as she still is at least a bit human. Now move it!

Helga took the gun she looked at you.
"Unless you have a method right now to show the Council then if that woman survives she will be Gilgulled Mr Karyak, the law is what it is, it do not matter to me, I would rather have a Nephandus out of circulation permanently, but do not make claims and promises you can not keep to a man who you just blocked off the one way he could keep a obviously loved one from a fate worse than death...there will be words once we are done here."
The young maga said and checked the gun before moving forward.

As the fireball flew past them, Tane saw it's trajectory and started tunning, trying to slamm the nephandus and cut him down I TOLD YOU TO LET ME TAKE THE FUCKING POINT! He roared as he launched himself to the chase of the nephandus

You rush into what look like a hallway, there are less of the smoke here and there are a dirty brown carpet on the floor but no decorations on the walls. You see a man in his 50's standing there a fireball in one arm, the other hung helpless from his shoulder and he was clearly hurt, in the other hand he had a fireball.
"I remind you that I am a Master of the Art Mr Karyak and I am far from helpless."
Darrian said sternly as he took another small vial from his pockets and stepped out of the way as another fireball came rushing towards you.
"I will stop his magick, cut him down if you would be so kind."
The alchemist said as he drank what was in the vial and then turned his gaze to the Nephandus, the fireball happy gentleman's eyes widened and he tried to lift his hand towards you to throw another ball of flame but nothing happened and he looked rather desperate.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:22 pm

I have to try. You can't learn medicine without making an autopsy or looking at the symptoms of an ill person. I'd like to study them. he said, sure that maybe there could be a way. Surely, they could stall her until there could be a better chance as a "prisoner". Then, they'd see how to proceed, but an interesting study could come. This girl had just passed the caul, they got a friend of her, a man she trusted and saved her life as she was now... there was a chance if they worked together...

Tane grinned and rushed, sword's tip first, to make a hole in the chest of the Nephandus, using the speed in his advantaje.

Dex 3 + Melee 3= 7
6, 4, 8, 2, 7, 1

Damage: Strenght 4 + Sword 3= 7 (I don't know if a charge should add something, so i don't add anything)
6, 2, 6, 9, 1, 6, 8
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:44 pm

"With a vampire that old I suspect all that will be left will be some dust. It can be done in the basement but if Carmon prefers some other place then I am sure something can be arranged." Joakim said kindly."But yes there are other things to discuss and deal with at the moment."

He nodded at that and then looked at the floor with a frown on his face.

"Well the creature have been tortured for the better part of a century, we could not expect that she would be completely sane. I do not like vampires but no one deserves that kind of treatment."

"All we can do is ask."

He turned his phone around to show Adley and Joakim, "This is the silver dagger that was recovered in Boston - the circumstances are a little vague, but it would seem this blade might fit the description of these Fey-blooded vampires' equipment..." He nodded, "The poor thing's mind has... detached itself so it won't have to deal with the pain. Not a unique occurrence, but yes, that would make getting information more difficult..."

He raised his brows. "Well, that would certainly fit the bill...and it seems I have forgotten all about this, if you told me. There is so much going on and I admit right now I am...somewhat distracted."

"She might have some good ideas. If you are going to call in home, here take this," he said and retrieved the candle for him. "Also, please ask if they still need me to come back if you wouldn't mind."

"Yes walk ins do happen, usually with new born children but yes it is a concern absolutely and without it's host that thing might become even more dangerous, and yes it is sad, to do something like that to one's own soul, that is just...horrible. Sad or not we are going to have to find a way to deal with this problem."

"Agreed."

"Yes I really could have done without that."

"I see, well that is an issue. I do not know how to help you with your Paradox issue though Sodalis, however if the Labyrinth is in the Umbra at least that will not be an issue there. Miss Willis might know some remedy for the Paradox problem you have though but I suspect it will be temporary."

"Very well, I will ask her for some assistance. I felt you should know, though. As well, who we will be picking for the teams...if we are going to stake out the grave, and...later. I know that we discussed keeping us here, for certain reasons. But I would like to help as much as I am able, of course."

"That's what I mean. A backlash during a fight would hardly be welcomed," he frowned.

"That woman is trouble but I suppose if anyone will get anything useful out of her it could be you. Just be careful, she is sly. It seems she may be Matty's teacher, as well."

"She might be convinced to do that yes...well she is a cat Mr Roth Hicks, she likes milk, treats, attention and boxes." Joakim said with a slight smile. "As for the Brothers, anywhere where you can touch the ground or rock is fine, they are not picky. I do appreciate that you are treating them well though, they are dear friends to me."

Despite how terrible he was feeling something about a cat in a box made him give a short laugh. "Well, I would happily donate all the boxes I can find to her if that is what she would find suitable." Then he nodded. "They are good spirits and have helped me a great deal, working with them has helped me to stay grounded in difficult situations."

"Hum...that is interesting so a banishing did something? That have to be looked into, if we can knock Matty out for a bit capturing her alive will be far easier though yes I suspect that if the banishing actually worked, that would have hurt her quite badly. I do wonder why it worked on that Avatar though, and the idea of it eating you...ehm body and soul are worrying."

"Perhaps she took the term Eater of the 'Weak' all too literally. As for why it worked on an avatar, I honestly do not know. I thought it was a demon tied to her at first. Perhaps it has been invested so much that it can be affected but all I know is that it did hurt her and gave us a moment of quiet. Then it came back, which confused us."

"Of course, amicus."

"Well we need to figure out why...why indeed are your Avatar going around spooking Fallen souls, you said Miss Anna's what was it, glass dragon? Also reacted negatively to yours? Perhaps there are more than one question you should ask the esteemed Master Telar about."
The Security Chief suggested.

"The elementals could help us, if you wish to speak with them, they did have insights into it as well as Matty's soul, though their perspective is somewhat limited by their nature. They are very insightful though."

"That might be wise Mr Wainwright, you should visit Miss Jerkins once we are done here. I am also considering seeing if one of our teleporters can get you back to Steelhaven to have you examined, I know the issue is very private but you might end up being a rather important strategic assert and then I would want to know a bit more...unless you protest of course...it is your soul after all, however let us see if Miss Jerkins senses anything I do not want to tax our teleporters needlessly."

"If I'm needed over there it might work to minimize the paradox, sending a two for one as it were but I do hate taxing everyone unless we need to do it. Let me think, then...I'm going to talk to Mrs Willis and someone else regarding Carmon, I need to get rid of some debris and I really do need to meditate. Especially before...well..." He shook his head. "And give thanks to the spirits...is there something else I should work on?"

"Colin, you're going to talk with Mrs Jenkins and the girl if she wakes up and check back home, talk to Master Telar. Someone should try speaking with the other vampire and follow up on that knife, and the Chief is going to ask for assistance with the clothing and water for Carmon, the medical waste issue, contact people to draw up a team, check into helpful spirits. Is that about where we're at?" he asked, obviously trying to keep track of things. "Anything else we need to do right now?"

// LOL that sounds like a good time Warp, going on a pub crawl with a goddess xD Hope you have fun at your game, Anja.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top