Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:03 pm

Tane:

I have to try. You can't learn medicine without making an autopsy or looking at the symptoms of an ill person. I'd like to study them. he said, sure that maybe there could be a way. Surely, they could stall her until there could be a better chance as a "prisoner". Then, they'd see how to proceed, but an interesting study could come. This girl had just passed the caul, they got a friend of her, a man she trusted and saved her life as she was now... there was a chance if they worked together...

"I would not tell Antonio that you are condemning his friend over there to Gilgul so you can dissect her, if you have not seen a raging mad Hermetic Adept before my new Dreamspeaker friend, I have a feeling you would get the chance if such words where to reach our dear Scribe's ears."
Helga whispered in a warning tone of voice.
"Well for now let us focus on rescuing the hostages."
She muttered as he moved further into the building.

Tane grinned and rushed, sword's tip first, to make a hole in the chest of the Nephandus, using the speed in his advantaje.

The Nephandus tried to step aside as you lounge forward trying to impale him on your sacred sword, but he was a little to shocked that Darrian was holding him from using his magick that his mind was elsewhere and he made a deep groan as the blade slice through his chest on the right side, coming out the other side. The man was not mortally wounded, not yet or rather he would not keel over and die just yet, but he was hurt badly, it was likely you had stabbed him through his right lung and given time he would be in trouble without medical aid. The Nephandus looked at you with his dark brown, nearly black eyes and cough up some blood as he shouted an insult at you in the horrid sounding Nephandi language, the words you did not understand but the meaning was clear and surprisingly he had some strength left in his wounded body and he punched you in the kidneys, hard.

(OOC: Damn the dice do not like this Nephandus when it comes to dodging, for punishing though...Please either roll dodge or since you are this close to him brawl to block his punch. I do not think the charge add any damage though but the guy is pretty hurt.)

Adley:

"All we can do is ask."

"I do not think it will damage the vampire further to ask her and see if she will be able to answer, so yes we might as well."
Joakim agreed.

"Agreed."

Joakim nodded and frowned.
"The question is how we should handle Miss Carlyle."

"Very well, I will ask her for some assistance. I felt you should know, though.

"Very well and thank you for keeping me informed Sodalis I appreciate it."

As well, who we will be picking for the teams...if we are going to stake out the grave, and...later. I know that we discussed keeping us here, for certain reasons. But I would like to help as much as I am able, of course."

"Well there are several options and considerations, your group have proven yourselves quite able, but you both need rest. I would like Mr Wainwright on the team since the woman's broken soul seam to be afraid of him, but perhaps you should take the time to get a bit of rest, or take that trip back to Steelhaven if it is still needed. That being said, if Master Min get that dispensation from the Council of Nine that he have asked for then trapping Miss Carlyle would mean Gilgulling her on the spot, I am not going to order anyone to take part in an assignment that will lead to that."
Joakim said and frowned again, that frown seamed to have become a semi permanent fixture of his face of late.

"That's what I mean. A backlash during a fight would hardly be welcomed," he frowned.

"No it would not be welcome, a backlash would be a dangerous wildcard, but with true magick, it is always a risk..."
Joakim said then he gave you an apologetic look.
"Ah forgive me Sodalis that might have sounded arrogant, I did not mean it that way."

Despite how terrible he was feeling something about a cat in a box made him give a short laugh. "Well, I would happily donate all the boxes I can find to her if that is what she would find suitable." Then he nodded.

Joakim grinned a little.
"Umbroods seldom have the same ideas of value that we have, so for this spirit, happiness is a cardboard box and a bowl of milk, though I hear Master Antonius tell me milk is not really good for cats...something about lactose."
He muttered.

"They are good spirits and have helped me a great deal, working with them has helped me to stay grounded in difficult situations."

"Yes they have that effect on those around them, and they make for fine companions if treated with respect."
Joakim said and gave a fond smile.

"Perhaps she took the term Eater of the 'Weak' all too literally. As for why it worked on an avatar, I honestly do not know. I thought it was a demon tied to her at first. Perhaps it has been invested so much that it can be affected but all I know is that it did hurt her and gave us a moment of quiet. Then it came back, which confused us."

"Yes there are, well I guess laws are the best term for it, banished spirits can not just come back, clearly the laws for this abomination is different. I do think you are on to something with the suggestion that it might be investments that have done this thing to her once noble soul, and while I would like to know why the banishment worked, at least to some degree, I will take it anyway, any weapon we can use to take this girl down are a welcome boon."

"The elementals could help us, if you wish to speak with them, they did have insights into it as well as Matty's soul, though their perspective is somewhat limited by their nature. They are very insightful though."

"Good call Sodalis, well you where going to speak with Miss Willis about the Paradox issue, I will summon the Brothers once we are done here and ask them a few questions about Miss Carlyle, perhaps we can learn a bit more about her unusual Avatar and how to deal with her, and yes their perspective is a bit limited but it is also often useful."

"If I'm needed over there it might work to minimize the paradox, sending a two for one as it were but I do hate taxing everyone unless we need to do it. Let me think, then...I'm going to talk to Mrs Willis and someone else regarding Carmon, I need to get rid of some debris and I really do need to meditate. Especially before...well..." He shook his head. "And give thanks to the spirits...is there something else I should work on?"

"No that seam to be the to do list for now. I will call the Brothers and ask come questions, make sure that the cleansing of Mirri's van go according to plan and check up on the various preparations, as well as get some aid for Mr Ross in the infirmary and send some clothes and warm water to Mrs Knox down in the basement. I can check on the Nosferatu girl as well unless one of you two would prefer to do that, and find the entry in my grimoire about the guide spirit and start to plan up members for the various teams, if then Mr Wainwright can contact Master Telar and then have a talk with our reluctant Nephandi prisoner in the basement we should get quite a few things done at once and we can meet up back here again once all of these tasks are complete?"
The hedge wizard suggested.

(OOC: That was fun I played a blue heavy control deck and frustrated the other players. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Colin nodded, "But the first thing we need, of course, is a willing Mage or three with Fallen Avatars. Then... it's going to take blood, sweat and tears; some of it more figurative than the rest."
He smirked, "I wonder what form mine will take when I come sufficiently into my own power - I'm given to understand it tends to start manifesting once the Mage in question really begins to change the world around them."
He nodded, "Anna is weak and needs her rest if she is to survive... I'm not going to risk her life needlessly; not if I mean to fight for her..."
He shook his head at Adley, "I don't think I got around to telling you; I think it was either on the way back to the post office, or on the trip to pick up Anna at the hospital that Cita asked my professional assessment of that blade. It seemed a completely unrelated matter at the time, but now..."
He frowned and showed Adley and Joakim the text message, "Sounds like precisely our type of person was encountered - possibly an assassination attempt gone wrong?"
He nodded, "A phylactery would probably require quite a lot more time to create, yes - I would not be surprised if it takes months or years, and likely it would need some participation by the Avatar's owner, as it were. A snare to temporarily restrain it outside of the host, though... possibly?"
He took the candle, "Thank you... just light it and watch for flickering, right? I will ask if you need to go comfort Beatrice."
He grimaced, then gave Adley a roguish grin, "I hope so, too. Then again, meeting Lady Ceris was a rather unique experience that led us to some interesting people; if not for her, we wouldn't have found your surprisingly capable student, would we?"
He arched an eyebrow, "Miss Jerkins is Matty's teacher? Now that's interesting... and potentially useful. I wonder if miss Jerkins knows her darling apprentice carries a suicide pill now?"
He pondered for a moment, "Adley, if you're going to be having a chat with the Brothers Knight, would you mind waiting until I return? I should like to be there for that. Two birds with one stone, if you will."
He nodded, "In that case - I don't think I have much to contribute at this moment, aside from these copies of the maps. However, to summarize my report on the last mission, we went to the site, found one vampire on guard in the storm drain. We listened in on his phone conversation, and after he hung up, I pulled a very swift confidence job on him, implying our reach and intimate knowledge of him and his was far greater than it really was... it worked, and his instilled fear of Mages worked in our favour, so he scarpered, most likely going into hiding for a while. After that, I saw Matty through the walls, torturing Carmon; she suddenly became aware of me, though, and came down another manhole with a few more vampires while we had Carmon teleported out. I set up a temporary portcullis of primal fire, keeping us less accosted by the little war band, spotted an invisible vampire trying to sneak past us to attack miss Willis and disabled him, and then we were attacked by the rat swarm. I managed to get miss Willis out of the immediate danger first, then got up a small barrier of primal fire around Adley, myself and the ladder up before the rats became too much of a problem. Then Adley shared his perception of the roaming Avatar with me, I scared it off, and we fled... and Adley can probably fill in the rest, including the pursuit by Outsider Thing. If you will excuse me, then, I will question miss Jerkins and place that call home, in short order... and I'll let you know if a visit home is prudent or urgent."
He pondered for a moment, "If some of us head home at this point, we might want to send Freddy and miss Bergen, as well - especially miss Bergen, so she is completely clear of Chicago. Aside from that, nothing truly urgent comes to mind. After the strike on the Labyrinth here, we should have the Chicago end of the knot, hm, all tied up, so we can head home to hit Abigail where it hurts..."
He nodded, "Right, we know what to do, then - I don't know how long my chats will take, but most likely I'll be away for a bit... and then, depending, God knows how long an emergency round trip will take. I do note that it's not so much rest I need, as a little bit of centering - if possible, five minutes of calm at the Node would be much appreciated, not for the quintessence, but for the, hm, spirit of the place."

((OOC: You know, you could have saved yourself some typing and just said "I played a blue heavy control deck." Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:09 pm

Colin nodded, "But the first thing we need, of course, is a willing Mage or three with Fallen Avatars. Then... it's going to take blood, sweat and tears; some of it more figurative than the rest."

"Most would be willing to participate in this project if it can save them from...that, however the problem is getting the Council to give you some of them ehm...volunteers, then you can bring on the blood, sweat and tears."
Joakim muttered.

He smirked, "I wonder what form mine will take when I come sufficiently into my own power - I'm given to understand it tends to start manifesting once the Mage in question really begins to change the world around them."

"Yes indeed, as you get more adept at changing reality, it will also change you, and also your personal reality will change much easier according to your whims, so yes it is as you mature as a mage that such manifestations will start to occur Mr Wainwright and yes it will be interesting to see what you manifest indeed."

He nodded, "Anna is weak and needs her rest if she is to survive... I'm not going to risk her life needlessly; not if I mean to fight for her..."

"Very well, if you think it is best let the child rest."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.

He frowned and showed Adley and Joakim the text message, "Sounds like precisely our type of person was encountered - possibly an assassination attempt gone wrong?"

Joakim read the message and frowned again.
"Agreed, this do sound like what we are looking for, if you could look more into that and ask a bit what the member of your Chantry know about this wounded man when you call home Mr Wainwright, that will be helpful."
He muttered.

He nodded, "A phylactery would probably require quite a lot more time to create, yes - I would not be surprised if it takes months or years, and likely it would need some participation by the Avatar's owner, as it were. A snare to temporarily restrain it outside of the host, though... possibly?"

"It is likely that creating a phylactery, a feat most have assumed impossible until Master Telar's accomplishment with the ship she is building is more complicated than something that can be used as a quick combat maneuver, however yes the good woman might have some idea of how to deal with this troublesome Nephandus' soul."

He arched an eyebrow, "Miss Jerkins is Matty's teacher? Now that's interesting... and potentially useful. I wonder if miss Jerkins knows her darling apprentice carries a suicide pill now?"

"It would be most interesting if Miss Carlyle is Miss Jerkins' student and we might be able to use it, as for the suicide pill, well ways to ensure they are not taken alive are not uncommon among the Nephandi, I mean what would you do if one of the other factions had the same policy about Traditionalist prisoners as we do with the Nephandi...the Union might Gilgul prisoners...it happens..."
Joakim said and frowned probably thinking about his student.
"But it is more likely you will be shipped to MECHA or get tortured and then executed but if that ritual was the only outcome of being captured would not you make sure you where not taken alive?"
He asked and raised an eyebrow at you then shuddered slightly the topic still rather raw though he was controlling his emotions better now.

He pondered for a moment, "Adley, if you're going to be having a chat with the Brothers Knight, would you mind waiting until I return? I should like to be there for that. Two birds with one stone, if you will."

"I am planning on having a talk with them as well, unless Mr Toth Hicks would prefer to talk with them about Matty's soul while he is thanking them...which might be more effective, then again the topic for your discussion with them might be so private you would prefer the summoner that would hear your word to be your Cabalmate and not me."
Joakim said.

He nodded, "In that case - I don't think I have much to contribute at this moment, aside from these copies of the maps. However, to summarize my report on the last mission, we went to the site, found one vampire on guard in the storm drain. We listened in on his phone conversation, and after he hung up, I pulled a very swift confidence job on him, implying our reach and intimate knowledge of him and his was far greater than it really was... it worked, and his instilled fear of Mages worked in our favour, so he scarpered, most likely going into hiding for a while.

"This vampire was afraid of us Mr Wainwright? Most curious."
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow.

After that, I saw Matty through the walls, torturing Carmon; she suddenly became aware of me, though, and came down another manhole with a few more vampires while we had Carmon teleported out. I set up a temporary portcullis of primal fire, keeping us less accosted by the little war band, spotted an invisible vampire trying to sneak past us to attack miss Willis and disabled him, and then we were attacked by the rat swarm. I managed to get miss Willis out of the immediate danger first, then got up a small barrier of primal fire around Adley, myself and the ladder up before the rats became too much of a problem. Then Adley shared his perception of the roaming Avatar with me, I scared it off, and we fled... and Adley can probably fill in the rest, including the pursuit by Outsider Thing.

The Security Chief made a few notes in his leather bound book but was otherwise quiet as you told him what had transpired during the rescue mission.
"I see, thank you Mr Wainwright it seams your group did very well."

If you will excuse me, then, I will question miss Jerkins and place that call home, in short order... and I'll let you know if a visit home is prudent or urgent."

"Good, yes off course Mr Wainwright you are excused, thank you for your aid in the rescue of the elder Tremere, that cost our enemies an important resource and that pleases me, the more frustrated they are the happier I will be. Rapport back when you have spoken with the prisoner and called Steelhaven then."
Joakim said and gave you a tired smile.

He pondered for a moment, "If some of us head home at this point, we might want to send Freddy and miss Bergen, as well - especially miss Bergen, so she is completely clear of Chicago. Aside from that, nothing truly urgent comes to mind. After the strike on the Labyrinth here, we should have the Chicago end of the knot, hm, all tied up, so we can head home to hit Abigail where it hurts..."

"That might be wise...if Miss Adlebloom is well enough to be moved I can ask Mr Horton to get her ready, and yes, your help with this Labyrinth have been most helpful and do give Lisa Larson a headache as well over in Boston."
The old Flambeau said and gave a earnest grin this time.

He nodded, "Right, we know what to do, then - I don't know how long my chats will take, but most likely I'll be away for a bit... and then, depending, God knows how long an emergency round trip will take. I do note that it's not so much rest I need, as a little bit of centering - if possible, five minutes of calm at the Node would be much appreciated, not for the quintessence, but for the, hm, spirit of the place."

"You are welcome to meditate at the Node as well Mr Wainwright, but take Quintessence from it only if you must, as for how long it will take, well it is likely to take some time to set things up in my end as well, just keep me appraised."
He said and nodded.
"Well no use wasting time then as we do not know how much of it we have to spend, sitting around here talking about it, there are things that need doing..."

(OOC: Oh you think it is irritating not to get any cards out on the battlefield. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:23 pm

"Agreed, this do sound like what we are looking for, if you could look more into that and ask a bit what the member of your Chantry know about this wounded man when you call home Mr Wainwright, that will be helpful."

"Seems to fit what we were told, yes."

Joakim nodded and frowned. "The question is how we should handle Miss Carlyle."

"My general feeling is that incapacitating her and then putting the cuffs or some other magickal repression, such as the cuffs, would be a  practical choice."

He took the candle, "Thank you... just light it and watch for flickering, right? I will ask if you need to go comfort Beatrice."

"Speak the name of the person you wish to contact and light the flame, concentrating on them. Then if the flame is still as you are talking, the communication is secure. If it flickers then there is someone is listening. If it gutters, someone is using magickal means to scry on you," he explained.

He grimaced, then gave Adley a roguish grin, "I hope so, too. Then again, meeting Lady Ceris was a rather unique experience that led us to some interesting people; if not for her, we wouldn't have found your surprisingly capable student, would we?"

"I suppose that's true."

"It would be most interesting if Miss Carlyle is Miss Jerkins' student and we might be able to use it, as for the suicide pill, well ways to ensure they are not taken alive are not uncommon among the Nephandi, I mean what would you do if one of the other factions had the same policy about Traditionalist prisoners as we do with the Nephandi...the Union might Gilgul prisoners...it happens..."

"That's the impression that I got from what we've heard, though I don't think it's been said outright. I may be mistaken."

"Well there are several options and considerations, your group have proven yourselves quite able, but you both need rest. I would like Mr Wainwright on the team since the woman's broken soul seam to be afraid of him, but perhaps you should take the time to get a bit of rest, or take that trip back to Steelhaven if it is still needed. That being said, if Master Min get that dispensation from the Council of Nine that he have asked for then trapping Miss Carlyle would mean Gilgulling her on the spot, I am not going to order anyone to take part in an assignment that will lead to that."

He frowned. "It's not so much physical fatigue though there is that also. I need time to digest what's gone on and integrate it and to balance the energies I've been working with and subjected to, mental and spiritual recuperation."

"No it would not be welcome, a backlash would be a dangerous wildcard, but with true magick, it is always a risk..." Joakim said then he gave you an apologetic look. "Ah forgive me Sodalis that might have sounded arrogant, I did not mean it that way."

"I didn't find it arrogant, it is the truth. While it is always a risk, sometimes the risk is greater than at other times, just by odds. And could affect more than just myself. Though it will not prevent me from doing my work, it is only prudent to assess necessity and attempt to find a way to mitigate it if possible."

"Umbroods seldom have the same ideas of value that we have, so for this spirit, happiness is a cardboard box and a bowl of milk, though I hear Master Antonius tell me milk is not really good for cats...something about lactose." He muttered.

"There is a beauty to that simplicity," he said.

"Yes there are, well I guess laws are the best term for it, banished spirits can not just come back, clearly the laws for this abomination is different. I do think you are on to something with the suggestion that it might be investments that have done this thing to her once noble soul, and while I would like to know why the banishment worked, at least to some degree, I will take it anyway, any weapon we can use to take this girl down are a welcome boon."

"She might be prepared for it next time, but there is not much to do about that. I suppose we can attempt to make a charm or talisman that can be used by someone else, or another hung spell. It was useful to have it on hand, even if it did not exactly have the effect anticipated."

"Good call Sodalis, well you where going to speak with Miss Willis about the Paradox issue, I will summon the Brothers once we are done here and ask them a few questions about Miss Carlyle, perhaps we can learn a bit more about her unusual Avatar and how to deal with her, and yes their perspective is a bit limited but it is also often useful."
"I am planning on having a talk with them as well, unless Mr Toth Hicks would prefer to talk with them about Matty's soul while he is thanking them...which might be more effective, then again the topic for your discussion with them might be so private you would prefer the summoner that would hear your word to be your Cabalmate and not me."

He glanced at the Chief.  "I have asked them and they would speak with this to him and they were agreeable. I can help facilitate, if you wish. It would make sense to do so while I planted the offering. Just tell me when you are all ready," he said.

"No that seam to be the to do list for now. I will call the Brothers and ask come questions, make sure that the cleansing of Mirri's van go according to plan and check up on the various preparations, as well as get some aid for Mr Ross in the infirmary and send some clothes and warm water to Mrs Knox down in the basement. I can check on the Nosferatu girl as well unless one of you two would prefer to do that, and find the entry in my grimoire about the guide spirit and start to plan up members for the various teams, if then Mr Wainwright can contact Master Telar and then have a talk with our reluctant Nephandi prisoner in the basement we should get quite a few things done at once and we can meet up back here again once all of these tasks are complete?"

"Very well sir. As for the Nosferatu vampire, I am not sure I would be the best candidate to talk to her but if amongst our tasks I end up with the time to try, I'll give it a go."

He nodded, "In that case - I don't think I have much to contribute at this moment, aside from these copies of the maps. However, to summarize my report on the last mission... Adley can probably fill in the rest, including the pursuit by Outsider Thing. If you will excuse me, then, I will question miss Jerkins and place that call home, in short order... and I'll let you know if a visit home is prudent or urgent."

"Thank you," he said to Colin.

"That might be wise...if Miss Adlebloom is well enough to be moved I can ask Mr Horton to get her ready, and yes, your help with this Labyrinth have been most helpful and do give Lisa Larson a headache as well over in Boston."
The old Flambeau said and gave a earnest grin this time.

"I was glad to see Freddy looking better," he added.

"I'll talk to you soon, then."

"You are welcome to meditate at the Node as well Mr Wainwright, but take Quintessence from it only if you must, as for how long it will take, well it is likely to take some time to set things up in my end as well, just keep me appraised."
He said and nodded. "Well no use wasting time then as we do not know how much of it we have to spend, sitting around here talking about it, there are things that need doing..."

"That reminds me, we did not spend all the tass that you gave us so that should go back to you to decide where its needed. Everyone in the party had two and I think most of us used that up, I know I did. But that left some," he said, retrieving what was left.

Then he said to the Chief, "I believe that covers most of what happened, aside from two Tremere that tried to attack us as we fled. Miss Willis employed a rote that stunned them as they approached, using a magickal wind that temporarily made them lose their connections to magick. We took the opportunity to escape back to the van. We were not long away when we felt the Outsider thing tail the car and called in help to dispense with it. It was a very narrow escape, thankfully the rotes we used allowed us to get out of there but we were so close that I got a look at the car and those inside of it, a woman driving, Matty with black eyes, and I assume vampires. I grabbed the plate number just as we took off. Unfortunately, we were not able to stop for gas, given the circumstances," he said, in an almost deadpan voice.[/quote]
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:33 pm

I belive they can come back from the Caul, that's all i want to try and all that matters he said, dismissing Helga's worries.

Tane Ripped his sword out of the body in a manner that could not let anything healthy inside of that section of the chest with, letting the shark teeth destroy what was left of the man, as he got out of the way of the blow

That's some nasty damage

Dex 3 + dodge 2= 5

5 6, 1, 4, 5,

Ok, let me soak it...

res 3 + sword 3= 6
6, 4, 2, 1, 6, 9

Let me make the attack for next turn:

Tane faced the guy and tried to land some blows to him, since he was strong the man could not do much to stop him from beating him up, so they could take him. Tane was sure his wounds were pretty severe, so he probably was already dizzy. Some extra help from his fists might be just what he needed to sleep until they could interrogate him.

Str 4 + brawl 0= 4
6, 2, 6, 4

Damage
strenght 4

4, 7, 10 (8 ), 6
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:13 pm

Adley:

"Seems to fit what we were told, yes."

Joakim nodded in agreement.
"We are going to have to see where the lead go, hopefully it can dig up something."
He muttered.

"My general feeling is that incapacitating her and then putting the cuffs or some other magickal repression, such as the cuffs, would be a practical choice."

"The question is if Miss Carlyle's abomination of an Avatar will be able to act even if the host's magick is restrained or not. The way I know of how those cuffs work is that the limit the Quintessence flow between Avatar and host...that would still potentially leave the soul free to act, but it is hard to know for sure we are in a bit of a new territory here."

"That's the impression that I got from what we've heard, though I don't think it's been said outright. I may be mistaken."

"Well let us hope there are some bond between student and teacher even if both are Nephandi then and we might potentially be able to use that to our advantage."

He frowned. "It's not so much physical fatigue though there is that also. I need time to digest what's gone on and integrate it and to balance the energies I've been working with and subjected to, mental and spiritual recuperation."

"I understand Sodalis, take some time meditating and then let me know if you think you should be part of this mission or not. The question on whatever or not you are needed back in Boston is also important though as to whatever or not you should be part of the group that are sent to try to capture Miss Carlyle at her old Mentor's grave."

"I didn't find it arrogant, it is the truth. While it is always a risk, sometimes the risk is greater than at other times, just by odds. And could affect more than just myself. Though it will not prevent me from doing my work, it is only prudent to assess necessity and attempt to find a way to mitigate it if possible."

"Agreed, and your honesty and openness about this topic are appreciated Sodalis."
Joakim said and nodded.
"I have no doubt that you will do your job regardless."

"There is a beauty to that simplicity," he said.

"There is, there is indeed."
Joakim said and for the first time since he had visited Carmon down in the basement his smile touched his eyes.

"She might be prepared for it next time, but there is not much to do about that. I suppose we can attempt to make a charm or talisman that can be used by someone else, or another hung spell. It was useful to have it on hand, even if it did not exactly have the effect anticipated."

"Agreed, a couple of banishings suspended as hanging spells might be useful, and I can get someone onto creating an amulet or two."
Joakim said and nodded.
"That is not a bad idea Sodalis."

"Very well sir. As for the Nosferatu vampire, I am not sure I would be the best candidate to talk to her but if amongst our tasks I end up with the time to try, I'll give it a go."

"Very well she is locked up in a room in the basement, I have not had her restrained though I assumed that would be detrimental to getting her to a state where she is able to talk though I do not like to have a vampire with any freedom to move around at the Chantry other than Miss Jarden, in either case one of the Sentinels on guard duty should be able to lead you to the room in question if you should find the time to try to get something out of the woman."

"I was glad to see Freddy looking better," he added.

"Ah the young Virtual Adept is feeling better? Good, good, she do seam like a pleasant and intelligent young lady, I am please she made it."

"That reminds me, we did not spend all the tass that you gave us so that should go back to you to decide where its needed. Everyone in the party had two and I think most of us used that up, I know I did. But that left some," he said, retrieving what was left.

"Good, that will come in handy when we attack the Labyrinth itself, just leave it on my desk for now and I will lock it up in the Tass storage chamber until it is needed."
Joakim ordered and nodded sounding pleased there would be more resources to use for the main attack to take down Abigail and her Labyrinth.

Then he said to the Chief, "I believe that covers most of what happened, aside from two Tremere that tried to attack us as we fled. Miss Willis employed a rote that stunned them as they approached, using a magickal wind that temporarily made them lose their connections to magick. We took the opportunity to escape back to the van. We were not long away when we felt the Outsider thing tail the car and called in help to dispense with it. It was a very narrow escape, thankfully the rotes we used allowed us to get out of there but we were so close that I got a look at the car and those inside of it, a woman driving, Matty with black eyes, and I assume vampires. I grabbed the plate number just as we took off. Unfortunately, we were not able to stop for gas, given the circumstances," he said, in an almost deadpan voice.

"What is this I hear, you did not stop for gas when being chases by a gang of murderous vampires, a woman with an attack dog for a soul and a creature that are to wrong to be called a hellspawn, tsk tsk."
The hedge wizard said and at least he was able to smile now and add some humor to the discussion.
"Very well, thank you for the rapport, you did well to get the Tremere Elder out of there, you all did Sodalis, please give your Euthanatos Chantrymate my regards when it comes to this mission and Miss Willis, Mrs Knox and Deaconess Darnell as well if you see them before me."
He said and nodded before he stood.
"Well then, there is work to do gentlemen."

Tane:

I belive they can come back from the Caul, that's all i want to try and all that matters he said, dismissing Helga's worries.

Helga gave you a look that said that she was questioning your sanity, but she did not say anything right now, there where more pressing concerns at the moment.

Tane Ripped his sword out of the body in a manner that could not let anything healthy inside of that section of the chest with, letting the shark teeth destroy what was left of the man, as he got out of the way of the blow

The Nephandus gurgled as you brutally ripped the sword out of him and he fell to the ground, bleeding badly and gasping for breath as his right lung collapsed, from the amount of blood spilled you are pretty sure he would bleed out fast, the man's blow did grace you before he went down though and while his strike did hurt and you will get a pretty bad bruise you are not really injured.

As you stand over the dying Nephandus you hear something, or more feel it, a spirit of some sort, perhaps two and they where not pleased, you can feel them there in the walls, two Entropic spirits, servants of the wyrm, and they where coming for you and your party the room getting icy cold as their presence grew stronger, their aid would come to late to save their dark eyed master on the floor by your feet, but they could still cause problems for you and the rest of the mages from Steelhaven.

(OOC: You get three bashing so you felt that blow, you felt it allot but you are not seriously hurt.)

(OOC 2: That is one nasty sword that Nephandus is not a happy camper. Also I did not realize it was made out of wood, hell that thing would be gruesome to use on a vampire let us hope for their sake one of them do not piss Tane off.)

(OOC 3: I will try to get the next thread started tomorrow but I have not had the time to write down a summary of this thread today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:49 am

Colin nodded, "That first fight will be the most crucial, though likely not the hardest... I don't think the Council needs to give me volunteers, they just have to let me keep the ones I already have."
He sighed, "From the description, I doubt the two Chantrymembers who were implicated know much about the chap - it seems they found him, he came to, and then he scarpered. I do believe someone skilled in psychometry would be able to divine a lot from the blade, grisly though a lot of that information would be, but it's not a discipline I'm skilled with. Were it an actual magical blade, or a focus, I might divine something from residual resonances, but if it's just been used as... cutlery, I don't think I could find out much more than any mundane silversmith might."
Colin frowned, "Actually, I would probably fight to the death or unconsciousness, regardless. I... one of the things I learned decades ago is that there's always a way out, so long as I don't give up. Ah, action adventure cartoons in the eightes and Doctor Who were quite the influence in my formative years, I must admit. Still, the truth holds - so long as despair is held at bay, there's always a chance, however slim. I consider it more a matter of obstinacy than optimism, really."
He grinned mischievously, "Besides, you never know what I might manage to pull off, should they try to poke at my Avatar with their computer - perhaps it could prove scary to more than just the Fallen?"
He shook his head, "The poor chap in the storm drain was warned by his... sire, wasn't it? He was warned, at least, not to meddle in the affairs of wizards, more or less in those terms, but the warning was a little shy on the specifics. I was able to pick up on that when we listened in on his phonecall. He was not the brightest lad I've met, nor the most imaginative... but he was clever and imaginative enough to decide that the threat of the unknown he'd been warned against was sufficiently scary for him to abandon his post. Especially when he'd been ordered there by a Fallen Mage in the first place, against his own better judgment. To be honest, I feel a little sorry for him; the Sheriff is probably not going to be pleased, even if I did politely offer to scare him off with primal fire... No, a vampire being scared of Mages doesn't seem so strange, when they're just told we're scary and dangerous without the specifics."
He nodded, "I think we did quite well indeed - a few scratches and a ratbite, a few unpleasant questions lingering in the back of our minds, and a little touch of Paradox throwing our balance off in exchange for kicking the Fallens plans in the shin and stealing their sacrificial battery pack... I honestly don't see that we could have done much better."
He smiled, "Freddy is... well, her sight is coming back. She can see vague silhouettes and spots of colour, at least - she could make out my form well enough to threaten to strangle me. I'd say she's well on her way to recovery."
He smirked, almost wickedly, "I may have run a little dry on personal quintessence... but I still have a couple of packs of the vile stuff for combat purposes, and I have reason to believe there's going to be enough quintessence at the Labyrinth, once the Aegis is dealt with... Like I said, a rest at your Node would be for the serenity of the place, not for the power that could be siphoned."
He dug into his pocket and pulled out the little sachet, placing it on the desk, "Oh, yes, the spare pack of the good tass - I'd almost forgotten about that. It felt quite soothing to hold on to, but it really belongs in storage outside of missions. Here."
He nodded, frowning, "Ah, yes, miss Willis employed the Wind of Mundane Silence... I've seen it used on an item previously; Chief Morgan demonstrated it for me... it looked exceptionally unpleasant to be personally affected by, really... effective and essentially harmless, but unpleasant."

((OOC: Holy Excessive Expletives, Tane, that sword is nasty! Probably not very good against armor or metal weapons, though, but owie! Shocked ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:10 am

((Fuck, that guy was strong! Ok, no matter, Bashing damage is just getting me sore.))

((Maoris never used metal, so it's all bone and wood. Even rope armors!
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2817/10326325316_b9407ea45a_b.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/Early_20th_Century_Micronesian_Armour.jpg/220px-Early_20th_Century_Micronesian_Armour.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f2/61/38/f261387817065389fadf7de1ffca48ca.jpg

With strenght 4 no one should piss him off, but getting stacked with that, and gettting the agg is fucked up))

You should back up, there are spirits here. Let me handle them. he said to the others Save this man, if you can. If not, just keep his body clean. he said, and turned to the spirits. You serve the Wyrm. Fuck the Wyrm. Tane said and studied them, as he started to chant to see if there was something he could do to change them, to get the wyrm out of them and just let them be normal, regular entropic spirits that help the decay and reborning of the world.

((I had already casted to see spirits, i should be able to see them))
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:43 am

He smiled, "Freddy is... well, her sight is coming back. She can see vague silhouettes and spots of colour, at least - she could make out my form well enough to threaten to strangle me. I'd say she's well on her way to recovery."

He smiled at that. "I'm relieved to hear that..." The he said in a teasing voice, "Now, what would have prompted that reaction from her?"

He nodded, frowning, "Ah, yes, miss Willis employed the Wind of Mundane Silence... I've seen it used on an item previously; Chief Morgan demonstrated it for me... it looked exceptionally unpleasant to be personally affected by, really... effective and essentially harmless, but unpleasant."

"It was effective. And along the lines of what I was thinking of when I asked if vampires were affected by a different rote, earlier."

"The question is if Miss Carlyle's abomination of an Avatar will be able to act even if the host's magick is restrained or not. The way I know of how those cuffs work is that the limit the Quintessence flow between Avatar and host...that would still potentially leave the soul free to act, but it is hard to know for sure we are in a bit of a new territory here."

"Good point, who knows?"

"I understand Sodalis, take some time meditating and then let me know if you think you should be part of this mission or not. The question on whatever or not you are needed back in Boston is also important though as to whatever or not you should be part of the group that are sent to try to capture Miss Carlyle at her old Mentor's grave."

"Well, there is what we discussed before...that will also be relevant. But yes, let's get this taken care of and see what we can do next. Oh! Was there anything of immediate interest in that book Colin found? "

"Agreed, a couple of banishings suspended as hanging spells might be useful, and I can get someone onto creating an amulet or two." Joakim said and nodded. "That is not a bad idea Sodalis."

"It would be a fair sight harder to ask for help with spiritual nasties from within it, after all." Then he frowned and glanced at them. "Which leaves an important question, equally as important as getting in, we're going to need a doorstop and a way back out."

"Very well she is locked up in a room in the basement, I have not had her restrained though I assumed that would be detrimental to getting her to a state where she is able to talk though I do not like to have a vampire with any freedom to move around at the Chantry other than Miss Jarden, in either case one of the Sentinels on guard duty should be able to lead you to the room in question if you should find the time to try to get something out of the woman."

"It might be good to quickly outline what we'd like her to answer..."

"Good, that will come in handy when we attack the Labyrinth itself, just leave it on my desk for now and I will lock it up in the Tass storage chamber until it is needed."

Adley placed the remaining tass on his desk and then the duffel bag on the desk. "We didn't need to use this, this time, thankfully. Our help came equipped with enough firepower."

"What is this I hear, you did not stop for gas when being chases by a gang of murderous vampires, a woman with an attack dog for a soul and a creature that are to wrong to be called a hellspawn, tsk tsk."

He grinned. "I know, I am most chagrined."

"Very well, thank you for the rapport, you did well to get the Tremere Elder out of there, you all did Sodalis, please give your Euthanatos Chantrymate my regards when it comes to this mission and Miss Willis, Mrs Knox and Deaconess Darnell as well if you see them before me." He said and nodded before he stood. "Well then, there is work to do gentlemen."

"I'll do that. Ah, where would I find Mrs Willis, at this hour?"

// that is a cool sword! More like a saw made of shark teeth D:
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:10 am

Colin and Adley:

Colin nodded, "That first fight will be the most crucial, though likely not the hardest... I don't think the Council needs to give me volunteers, they just have to let me keep the ones I already have."

"Well you have Miss Alexander, and this Nephandi girl there is a chance you can find some legal loophole for, more than that though, that will not be easy."
Joakim said and sigh.

He sighed, "From the description, I doubt the two Chantrymembers who were implicated know much about the chap - it seems they found him, he came to, and then he scarpered. I do believe someone skilled in psychometry would be able to divine a lot from the blade, grisly though a lot of that information would be, but it's not a discipline I'm skilled with. Were it an actual magical blade, or a focus, I might divine something from residual resonances, but if it's just been used as... cutlery, I don't think I could find out much more than any mundane silversmith might."

"Hum...well Master Morgan should be told about it at any case and perhaps he have someone over at Steelhaven who can figure something out from the blade."
Joakim said then he gave a you a nod.
"Looking into the Resonances of that blade might not be that bad though, most vampires do not kill, and while it is harder to hide a cut than to mask a bite at love nibbling or something like that, it is harder still to hide a body and the damned things are extremely practical creatures, it comes with their very static nature I think."
He added.

Colin frowned, "Actually, I would probably fight to the death or unconsciousness, regardless. I... one of the things I learned decades ago is that there's always a way out, so long as I don't give up. Ah, action adventure cartoons in the eightes and Doctor Who were quite the influence in my formative years, I must admit. Still, the truth holds - so long as despair is held at bay, there's always a chance, however slim. I consider it more a matter of obstinacy than optimism, really."

"Well that are a good philosophy to live by Mr Wainwright and besides even if it is really hopeless, if one is going down, it is better to go down swinging and hopefully take some of the bastards down with you than to go silently into death, and if possible, when you have to go, then do it dramatically."
He said and gave a fond some and was probably thinking of his House's much respected Founder and his legendary last stand.
"But yes you still understand the point many Fallen have some insurance on them that they will not be taken alive and while it is not the way I would go I can understand them doing that, I can understand it far better than their pathological desire to end the world at least."

He grinned mischievously, "Besides, you never know what I might manage to pull off, should they try to poke at my Avatar with their computer - perhaps it could prove scary to more than just the Fallen?"

"Ah yes the Computer might choke on you...that would be amusing...horrible...tragic...but amusing."
The Security Chief said with something half between a smile and a frown on his face.

He shook his head, "The poor chap in the storm drain was warned by his... sire, wasn't it? He was warned, at least, not to meddle in the affairs of wizards, more or less in those terms, but the warning was a little shy on the specifics. I was able to pick up on that when we listened in on his phonecall. He was not the brightest lad I've met, nor the most imaginative... but he was clever and imaginative enough to decide that the threat of the unknown he'd been warned against was sufficiently scary for him to abandon his post. Especially when he'd been ordered there by a Fallen Mage in the first place, against his own better judgment. To be honest, I feel a little sorry for him; the Sheriff is probably not going to be pleased, even if I did politely offer to scare him off with primal fire... No, a vampire being scared of Mages doesn't seem so strange, when they're just told we're scary and dangerous without the specifics."

"I see, well if something can be solved without violence nothing is better and in many ways those vague warnings are the same as we do about other Awakened including vampires to our apprentices so I guess we are often no better than this guard of yours maker in that regard, well since he was mostly innocent in the matter let us hope their Sheriff was it will not be to harsh on him."
Joakim said and took a sip of his coffee.

He nodded, "I think we did quite well indeed - a few scratches and a ratbite, a few unpleasant questions lingering in the back of our minds, and a little touch of Paradox throwing our balance off in exchange for kicking the Fallens plans in the shin and stealing their sacrificial battery pack... I honestly don't see that we could have done much better."

"Yes your group did remarkably well, I am quite pleased, I only hope we manage to keep this up and that taking out the Labyrinth itself will go as smoothly, in either case though you have managed to slow the Fallen down considerably and that is a plus in my book, when this is all over remind me to buy you all a drink at the local pub the next time you visit Chicago."
The Security Chief offered with a smile.

"Ah good to hear, hopefully the young lady will make a full recovery."
Joakim said then he raised and eyebrow.
"Did you do something that would warrant your charming young Chantrymate's threats to strangle you Mr Wainwright?"

He smirked, almost wickedly, "I may have run a little dry on personal quintessence... but I still have a couple of packs of the vile stuff for combat purposes, and I have reason to believe there's going to be enough quintessence at the Labyrinth, once the Aegis is dealt with... Like I said, a rest at your Node would be for the serenity of the place, not for the power that could be siphoned."

"Ah yes the nasty stuff, please do not bring that into our Node when you go there if you please my good man."
Joakim said and frowned.
"Also I might be able to arrange for some Quintessence for you if you are running out, but not from the Tass given you for the mission as that do not belong to Morningstar alone. I would offer some Vis from my personal stack, or mana as most of my kind call it but it have been refined to the point where a linear mage can use it, I do not know if it is still of use to one of the Awakened."

He dug into his pocket and pulled out the little sachet, placing it on the desk, "Oh, yes, the spare pack of the good tass - I'd almost forgotten about that. It felt quite soothing to hold on to, but it really belongs in storage outside of missions. Here."

"Ah yes your injury, I have heard that Avatars like the presence of Vim ehm Tass, I shall arrange some for you from the Chantry's own stash."
Joakim offered as he took the bag of pebbles you gave him.
"This here have to go into storage though yes."

"Indeed, when it comes to taking out effects and enchantments it works and have a remarkable radius though it is a spell that is hard to cast and master, when used against a mage though, well my old teacher once told me it felt like being a flagpole and feeling your Gift waving in the wind like a festive banner during a windy autumn feastday...harmless yes but not something one would want to experience non the less."

"It was effective. And along the lines of what I was thinking of when I asked if vampires were affected by a different rote, earlier."

"Well vampires are magical, they are in effect walking, talking curses or representations of one powerful curse so yes the wind of mundane silence would be effective against them though generally not directly harmful beyond being unpleasant unless it was cast by a very powerful Master of the Art."

"Good point, who knows?"

"Who knows indeed and that is what bothers me."

"Well, there is what we discussed before...that will also be relevant. But yes, let's get this taken care of and see what we can do next. Oh! Was there anything of immediate interest in that book Colin found? "

"Other than research notes for a spell to turn invisible, and notes on some other spells that I have not had the time to go into details on yet, a few personal sigils, and a few notes on other matters no, apparently our fanged friend have an appointment to have his car serviced on Wednesday. There might be more though and I will go through the book in more detail later I have just flipped through a few pages as of yet as I have had other things to occupy my time."

"It would be a fair sight harder to ask for help with spiritual nasties from within it, after all." Then he frowned and glanced at them. "Which leaves an important question, equally as important as getting in, we're going to need a doorstop and a way back out."

"I am going to send one of our Masters of Spirit with the group into the Labyrinth if all else fails he or she can cut a way out into a different part of the Umbra and get the group out that way, however yes there needs to be a more detailed plan around that, I have however not gotten that far yet...so since you brought it up Mr Roth Hicks do you have any thoughts on that subject?"

"It might be good to quickly outline what we'd like her to answer..."

"I would like to know more about the Labyrinth's magickal defenses and wards, more about Miss Carlyle and also how much of the Labyrinth is in the Umbra and how much are part of physical reality."
Joakim replied.
"I doubt she will answer those questions but it is worth a shot.

Adley placed the remaining tass on his desk and then the duffel bag on the desk. "We didn't need to use this, this time, thankfully. Our help came equipped with enough firepower."

"Ah good, yes I assume you are referring to the good Deaconess then, she do pack quite a punch I hear. I will take care of having the weapons locked up in our armory again until they are needed."

He grinned. "I know, I am most chagrined."

Joakim grinned again at that.

"I'll do that. Ah, where would I find Mrs Willis, at this hour?"

"Usually I would say in bed however given that you just came back from a difficult assignment my guess would be either up in room 3-12 checking on her young apprentice, that would be in the left corridor as you come up the stairs, or down in the Node meditating to regain her equilibrium if she is done in the infirmary that is and my guess is that she is.
Joakim speculated.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:24 am

Tane:

You should back up, there are spirits here. Let me handle them. he said to the others Save this man, if you can. If not, just keep his body clean. he said, and turned to the spirits.

"If there is time once we have taken down the last Nephandus and freed our people, I however would not know the first thing about how to save him Mr Karyak, and as for keeping his body clean...I am not so sure that is possible after you took a bite out of him with you ehm...teeth sword..."
Helga said. Darrian nodded.
"I will find our third Nephandus and deal with him or her, we need to act quickly before they can call for help or have the time to hurt the hostages or conduct any major rituals, you deal with the spirits, Helga my dear if you would be so kind as to cover me while I go searching for the third of our not so friendly hosts, and if there is time afterwards I will try to save the Nephandus, for now getting our own people out are more important than taking prisoners."
The Alchemist said and moved further into the storehouse Helga nodding and following him inside.

You serve the Wyrm. Fuck the Wyrm. Tane said and studied them, as he started to chant to see if there was something he could do to change them, to get the wyrm out of them and just let them be normal, regular entropic spirits that help the decay and reborning of the world.

As you see the spirits slowly come out of the walls you see that they are regular entropic spirits, they serve the Wyrm yes, the Wyrm was part of the Triat, a natural force in the world so everything Entropic served him, but they where not affected by his imbalance and madness, they where not tainted, they where decay spirits that lived in this old, decrepit building, born from the rot in the walls, they looked like faces and arms, sort of human looking but made out of rotten and decaying wood that stretched out of the walls towards you, they where not likely to be in agreement with destroying the world though, Entropy was the natural ending to something so there could be a new beginning, it was likely these two Umbroods where either forced to serve the Nephandi or they where tricked into doing so, right now though they do not look friendly and one of the pair took a swing at you with his sharp, rotten wood taloned hand.

(OOC: Those armors and masks are so cool, those masks look so much like the one Iron Man have, I wonder if they got the idea from these Mauri masks.)

(OOC 2: Getting staked, cut up with shark teeth and the damage is aggravated no that would not make for a happy vampire.)

(OOC 3: Yes you see the spirits as soon as they come out of the walls but when they where inside of them you only heard them and felt their presence. Also please roll dodge.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:45 am

((The mask is made to be the one of iron man, but they had that kind of helmets.
Could i use my spirit sword to fend them off as i try to reason with them so they don't have to fight for nothing? Or could i discernir if they're being forced?))
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:29 am

"Other than research notes for a spell to turn invisible, and notes on some other spells that I have not had the time to go into details on yet, a few personal sigils, and a few notes on other matters no, apparently our fanged friend have an appointment to have his car serviced on Wednesday. There might be more though and I will go through the book in more detail later I have just flipped through a few pages as of yet as I have had other things to occupy my time."

"Of course sir."

"I am going to send one of our Masters of Spirit with the group into the Labyrinth if all else fails he or she can cut a way out into a different part of the Umbra and get the group out that way, however yes there needs to be a more detailed plan around that, I have however not gotten that far yet...so since you brought it up Mr Roth Hicks do you have any thoughts on that subject?"

"Labyrinths are not something...well, actually..." He tilted his head. "I have a few ideas but nothing too solid...it might depend on what we find out about it."

"I would like to know more about the Labyrinth's magickal defenses and wards, more about Miss Carlyle and also how much of the Labyrinth is in the Umbra and how much are part of physical reality." Joakim replied. "I doubt she will answer those questions but it is worth a shot.

"I don't know if she would remember Matty, given how long ago it was..."

"Ah good, yes I assume you are referring to the good Deaconess then, she do pack quite a punch I hear. I will take care of having the weapons locked up in our armory again until they are needed."

"Thank you, sir. We should also find someone to discuss possible surveillance on that grave with, or some method of keeping an eye on it, I doubt that she'll go immediately but it might pan something out before long."

"Usually I would say in bed however given that you just came back from a difficult assignment my guess would be either up in room 3-12 checking on her young apprentice, that would be in the left corridor as you come up the stairs, or down in the Node meditating to regain her equilibrium if she is done in the infirmary that is and my guess is that she is.

"Very well. Please let me know when you'd like my help with the elementals or anything else," he said, and stood up. He gave him a respectful nod and hurried up towards the third floor.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:19 am

Tane:

All of those three is options, yes you can use your sword to try to fend them off, you can try to reason with them so you do not have to fight them or you can actually fight them, which one of those that Tane chooses to do though is up to you.

Adley:

"Of course sir."

"I will let you know once I know more."

"Labyrinths are not something...well, actually..." He tilted his head. "I have a few ideas but nothing too solid...it might depend on what we find out about it."

"Hum...would you like to share those ideas now or when or if we find out more about how the Labyrinth are protected and it's nature Sodalis?"
Joakim asked.

"I don't know if she would remember Matty, given how long ago it was..."

Joakim looked at you and raised and eyebrow.
"We might be talking around one another Mr Roth Hicks, for I though you where asking what information Mr Wainwright where to ask Miss Jerkins...and she are likely to have seen Miss Carlyle over breakfast this morning, especially if she is the girl's mentor, but it occur to me you might have been asking what questions to ask the Nosferatu girl, forgive the misunderstanding, it have been a long day...from her I would like to know any detail she might know about the labyrinth itself, especially if any part of it are spiritual in nature, anything she can tell us about the place really."

"Thank you, sir. We should also find someone to discuss possible surveillance on that grave with, or some method of keeping an eye on it, I doubt that she'll go immediately but it might pan something out before long."

"Agreed...hum I might ask Master Harris if one of his Adepts can do the job, they tend to be good at keeping an eye on places at a distance, we do need a group ready to act if she is spotted as well."
The Security Chief muttered.

"Very well. Please let me know when you'd like my help with the elementals or anything else," he said, and stood up. He gave him a respectful nod and hurried up towards the third floor.

"Thank you Sodalis, your offer is appreciated, right now though I think we all just needs to get our individual tasks done."
Joakim said and gave you a tired smile.

You get up to the third floor, it looks like most of the other corridors in the Chantry, one long hallway with a window at the end of it and red carpets, slightly worn on the floors. There was a few paintings, a fruit bowl, a pathway in a forest that looked the way it would have many years ago, not the way Hollywood usually presented it and a stern looking woman with dark hair, you had seen a painting of her in one of the sitting rooms as well, this time she was standing in a summoning circle on the floor, a morningstar mace in her hand wearing plate armor. The paintings where nice but not professional, they where clearly done by a skilled amateur. You find room 3-12.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:31 am

(OOC; We have reached page 30 again and it is time to end this IC thread and start another IC thread so here is the summary for this thread, please let me know if I have missed anything important and also if the summary is a bit short and hasty this time it is going to be a busy week for me.

Adley and Colin spent some time discussing how to save Carmon from the Nephandi, several plans and backups where made and then the team was sent out consisting of Colin, Adley, Daisy, Cara and Kristina. Colin are the one who talked Daisy into joining them, Daisy also make some protective gear for the group since they are going into the sewer. The rescue party get to the Prince's villa and find that there are few spirits around, they seam to have all fled, after some discussions they go down into the sewers minus Adjan and Kristina who stand guard. A vampire is discovered standing guard in the sewers and he speak on the phone to a friend about Matty a Nephandi woman who greatly fear the Traditions, she have also been torturing Carmon. Colin talk the guard into fleeing and the group go down into the sewers. Adley activate some hanging spells that Loretta DiMeera helped him create earlier while Colin see through the walls, he sees Matty in the process of torturing Carmon and unfortunately she notice the Orphan looking at him. Adley calls Hans and the Virtual Adept teleport the Tremere prisoner to the group's van after the marble Brothers tag him with one of Kristina's stones.

Matty and her gang come rushing and first a invisible vampire try to sneak up on them but Colin shoots him in the head knocking him out for a while, then the group is attacked by a whole pack of rats, together they manage to keep the pests at bay but then they are assaulted by a strange spirit, the entity is proven to be Matty's Avatar that have the ability to leave her physical body and do some damage, but the thing have become wrecked by whatever was done to it and it is full of regret, it also seam to fear Colin referring to his own Avatar as a galaxy of suffering and hope. Colin manage to scare the strange entity back to it's host and the group of mages flee, they are attacked in the street but a Wind of Mundane Silence from Cara solves that problem. The group have a few scratches from the rats but nothing serious as they make it back to the van.

Adley recognize Carmon and his Avatar scream in horror at what it's former host's friend have become, flooding Adley with memories that are not his. To make things worse the group are attacked by an Outsider Thing most likely summoned by Matty and they need the help of Hans and Min to get rid of the thing. The minds of the group are rather frayed and tired as they get back to Morningstar. Kristina and Daisy takes care of Carmon while Colin go to the infirmary to have his rat bite taken care of, on the way he meets a young Virtual Adept and her pug and have a chat. In the infirmary after getting treated Colin have a nice talk with Freddy, then he collect the maps of the Labyrinth that Anna have drawn, one room marked as Matty's room do not go in here, and the center marked as always changing. Colin go to have copies made of the maps with Hans and then go to Joakim's office. The two briefly discuss Anna's fate and Joakim tells Colin that Amanda have been arrested.

Adley go to speak with Carmon, the vampire is weak but he manages to communicate telepathically with Kristina. First he says that his fangs where removed. Adley get help to have that powerful arcane connection dealt with. Later he talk with Carmon, the vampire can not tell much about those who held him, he pities Matty, who Adley have found out is named Mattea Carlyle and that she was the apprentice of one of the Hermetics who sacrificed Orphans to the Avatar eaters on Horizon, she saw her Mentor's Gilgul when she was a child and later disappeared. Now she appear to be apprentice of one of the Nephandi captured during the current conflict. Mattea would at times visit the grave of her first Mentor, other than that all Carmon could say is that she is damaged. He could tell that the Nephandi had gotten a vampire with fae blood killed, and that those vampires could find their way in any underground structure and that they tended to feed by drawing blood using ornate daggers. Carmon also says that he had overheard Abigail talk with someone on the phone about a problem with the Labyrinth wards, before rushing out. Mostly the rest of the conversation is Adley trying to comfort Carmon and the vampire sharing a bit about his old friend that Adley remind him of. It becomes clear that Carmon wants to die, but his suffering and pain are deeply affecting Adley.

Adley speaks with Min about creating some protections from the Outsider Thing attacks. Joakim put Matty pretty high on his hit list. As Carmon needs to rest Adley go to have his own rat scratches checked out in the infirmary though he promises to come back and check on the vampire if there is time, then he leaves him under Kristina's care. Adley gets taken care of the rat scratches in the infirmary then he and Colin have a discussion on what to do next in Chief Joakim's office leading to them going off to complete some necessary tasks.

Tane have visited Beatrice then he go home and he and Alessa go to investigate the death of her Ratkin ally. Not much is found but a young Ratkin named Strawberry can tell Tane that she is investigating her friend's death. Tane decides to take care of Strawberry and bring her with him. He examines the Ratkin's trailer and find a spiritual representation of a silver dagger and a spirit, the spirit can tell Tane there is a mage living in the trailer park so the Dreamspeaker go to investigate. The mage is a young woman she want nothing to do with the Asencion War but she do eventually agree to help she says her servitor spirit saw several werecreatures, a fomori and some mages attack the Ratkin, she also have a license plate for their car. Alessa go to run the license plates while Tae get a call from Jeffry about a mission to rescue the Spirit Master who was part of the group trying to Gilgul Beatrice and a few other prisoners and he agree to be a part of the rescue attempt if Jeffry examine the spiritual silver dagger for him.

A group leave from Steelhaven to go rescue the prisoners, after some discussion on mage law on the way they get to an old warehouse the Nephandi use as a secondary location and there they first send in Alessa to spy and then move in. Antonio knows one of the Nephani they encounter and he is not please when Tane insist he heal the woman after she is cut down. Next Tane and Darrian deal with a Nephandi man who is in their way and now our hero faces a pair of less than friendly spirits.

Everyone get 2 exp for this thread. Adley and Colin also get one more free dot each in Vampire Lore and Tane get a dot in Ratkin Lore free.

Here is a link to the next IC thread:

http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com/t95-plans-twisted-souls-and-old-memories-ic-thread-15#11495 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:40 pm

((Ok, i'll fend them off for now. Do they look like they got another spiritual parasytes or spell of some kind? or they have been swayed?))

Dex 3 + melee 3= 6
6, 7, 2, 1, 5, 6, 7
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:05 pm

They do not look like they have any parasites, they might be under a spell but that would be something you would have to try to look for as it can be hard to say for sure.

You manage to dodge the spirit's attack and point your sword at the pair and they pull back, a little but soon one of them swept towards you again, trying to claw of your face with his rotted but still sharp claws.

(OOC: Please roll to try to avoid the attack again also I will be moving this reply to the new thread.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Back to top