Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:31 am

(OOC: Adley have just gone to find Cara to discuss Paradox. Colin is still discussing things with Joakim and Tane is entertaining two not so friendly Entropy spirits while standing in a pool of Nephandus guts. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Warpmind on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:03 pm

((OOC: New thread, and now I'm going to try to do the Quotes thing - it's getting me confused, too. Razz ))

"Well you have Miss Alexander, and this Nephandi girl there is a chance you can find some legal loophole for, more than that though, that will not be easy."
He nodded, "One other potential, actually... plus, of course, in the long run other widderslaintes who have been granted an indefinite extension, such as mr. Bachmeier."

"Hum...well Master Morgan should be told about it at any case and perhaps he have someone over at Steelhaven who can figure something out from the blade."
Joakim said then he gave a you a nod.
"Looking into the Resonances of that blade might not be that bad though, most vampires do not kill, and while it is harder to hide a cut than to mask a bite at love nibbling or something like that, it is harder still to hide a body and the damned things are extremely practical creatures, it comes with their very static nature I think."
He nodded, "I will pass that along, as well, when I speak with, Master Telar."

"Well that are a good philosophy to live by Mr Wainwright and besides even if it is really hopeless, if one is going down, it is better to go down swinging and hopefully take some of the bastards down with you than to go silently into death, and if possible, when you have to go, then do it dramatically."
He said and gave a fond some and was probably thinking of his House's much respected Founder and his legendary last stand.
"But yes you still understand the point many Fallen have some insurance on them that they will not be taken alive and while it is not the way I would go I can understand them doing that, I can understand it far better than their pathological desire to end the world at least."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I can understand the desire to avoid capture, alright - but Fear is the Mind Killer. So long as I acknowledge fear and despair, I'm able to address them and kick them out of the picture so I can try to deal with the crisis at hand. For that matter, I can to an extent understand their, hm, institutional nihilism; the world can be an incredibly shitty place - but where they want to scrap it all, we want to fix what is broken and improve. Well, as an oversimplification."

"Ah yes the Computer might choke on you...that would be amusing...horrible...tragic...but amusing."
He shrugged, "I've been called a bug before, in basic training. Besides, it would seem to me that giving the Technocracy a bad case of... indigestion would be a pretty impressive way to go, all things considered. Though preferably, I would like to give them indigestion and then get out relatively unscathed, of course."

"Did you do something that would warrant your charming young Chantrymate's threats to strangle you Mr Wainwright?"
He smiled at that. "I'm relieved to hear that..." The he said in a teasing voice, "Now, what would have prompted that reaction from her?"
Colin gave Adley a sly grin, "I would ask you to guess, but I'm not sure I can trust your imagination enough to keep it clean. Suffice to say it involved a handcuffed person."

"Ah yes the nasty stuff, please do not bring that into our Node when you go there if you please my good man."
Joakim said and frowned.
"Also I might be able to arrange for some Quintessence for you if you are running out, but not from the Tass given you for the mission as that do not belong to Morningstar alone. I would offer some Vis from my personal stack, or mana as most of my kind call it but it have been refined to the point where a linear mage can use it, I do not know if it is still of use to one of the Awakened."
He smiled, "Of course, I'll leave it... actually, my ziplock bags are clearly distinguishable from the cloth sachets; if you don't mind, I'll leave them with you until the next mission, since they do feel a bit... iffy to lug around needlessly. And that mana of yours... I should like a look at it, at least, even though it might not be in an immediately ingestible form for me."
He carefully picked out the two remaining packs and quickly checked the plastic for punctures or tears before placing them on the desk.

"Other than research notes for a spell to turn invisible, and notes on some other spells that I have not had the time to go into details on yet, a few personal sigils, and a few notes on other matters no, apparently our fanged friend have an appointment to have his car serviced on Wednesday. There might be more though and I will go through the book in more detail later I have just flipped through a few pages as of yet as I have had other things to occupy my time."
He snapped his fingers, "That's right - Deaconess Darnell copied the contents of the fellow's phone. Which means we have access to his phone number. I suppose after shooting him in the head and leaving him to be nibbled by sewer rats, it would only be polite of us to give him a reminder of the service appointment... More to the point, I took down his driver's license information - his wallet contained some cash and his license - it seemed improper to rob him of that as well as his magical resources and phone..."

"I am going to send one of our Masters of Spirit with the group into the Labyrinth if all else fails he or she can cut a way out into a different part of the Umbra and get the group out that way, however yes there needs to be a more detailed plan around that, I have however not gotten that far yet...so since you brought it up Mr Roth Hicks do you have any thoughts on that subject?"
He looked up, "Ah, I might have something on that... or rather, Master Harris might. I had him copy those Labyrinth maps for me, and keep a copy for himself for analysis. He's currently cooking up some hanging spells for the strike team; it might be plausible that he can arrange some tracking software for us to haul us out in a pinch."

He made a quick bow, left the maps on Joakim's desk, and headed off to an empty room, candle in hand to make a call to Steelhaven Hall...

((OOC: Just to make sure, it's Adley and Tane who get that dot in Vampire Lore; that wasn't a typo? ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:51 pm

He nodded, "One other potential, actually... plus, of course, in the long run other widderslaintes who have been granted an indefinite extension, such as mr. Bachmeier."

"Yes off course, Margaret Bachmeier's son, well if you can get the young man to work with you then you have another volunteer yes."
Joakim said and nodded.

He nodded, "I will pass that along, as well, when I speak with, Master Telar."

"Excellent thank you Mr Wainwright."

He nodded thoughtfully, "I can understand the desire to avoid capture, alright - but Fear is the Mind Killer. So long as I acknowledge fear and despair, I'm able to address them and kick them out of the picture so I can try to deal with the crisis at hand. For that matter, I can to an extent understand their, hm, institutional nihilism; the world can be an incredibly shitty place - but where they want to scrap it all, we want to fix what is broken and improve. Well, as an oversimplification."

"Well yes if fear can be controlled one can stay functional much longer, fear have it's place but it can also numb your mind and make you useless."
The hedge wizard said and sipped his coffee.
"Hum...yes that might be why they want to end the world, still that is a tossing the baby out with the bath water approach to it. In either case we are going to have to stop them."

He shrugged, "I've been called a bug before, in basic training. Besides, it would seem to me that giving the Technocracy a bad case of... indigestion would be a pretty impressive way to go, all things considered. Though preferably, I would like to give them indigestion and then get out relatively unscathed, of course."

"It would be an exit to make Flambeau the Founder proud indeed but yes while I do admire such a courageous display and it is better to go out with a bang if one is being taken down, it is indeed even more impressive to survive to do it again."
Joakim said and grinned.

Colin gave Adley a sly grin, "I would ask you to guess, but I'm not sure I can trust your imagination enough to keep it clean. Suffice to say it involved a handcuffed person."

Joakim choked on his coffee and had to chough several times when you said that.

He smiled, "Of course, I'll leave it... actually, my ziplock bags are clearly distinguishable from the cloth sachets; if you don't mind, I'll leave them with you until the next mission, since they do feel a bit... iffy to lug around needlessly.

"Very well, I am less likely to take any damage from being around it than you are, though I think a dead rat would be a less disgusting paperweight for my desk if you excuse the analogy given your recent encounter Mr Wainwright."
The Security Chief said and raised an eyebrow at you.

And that mana of yours... I should like a look at it, at least, even though it might not be in an immediately ingestible form for me."

Joakim nodded and fetched a rope of pearls from his vest pocket, the pearls where clearly Tass but it was so ordered and static that you doubt that it would work for any other than static effects and it would feel extremely strange to use, it was also far less potent than the raw Tass you where used to. Your Avatar did seam to relax around it though and it was clean you think though you would have to work magick on it to know more about it than that.

He carefully picked out the two remaining packs and quickly checked the plastic for punctures or tears before placing them on the desk.

The bags seamed to be fine. Joakim grimaced at the sight of the foul Tass.

He snapped his fingers, "That's right - Deaconess Darnell copied the contents of the fellow's phone. Which means we have access to his phone number. I suppose after shooting him in the head and leaving him to be nibbled by sewer rats, it would only be polite of us to give him a reminder of the service appointment... More to the point, I took down his driver's license information - his wallet contained some cash and his license - it seemed improper to rob him of that as well as his magical resources and phone..."

"I am not so sure it is wise to contact a vampire that you have shot in the head and left to be nibbled on by rats Mr Wainwright, in my experience that tends to make them irritable and irritable people with magical abilities tend to cause trouble, not to mention irritable people with magical abilities and the ability to destroy your Gift...those are better left alone."
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow at you again.

He looked up, "Ah, I might have something on that... or rather, Master Harris might. I had him copy those Labyrinth maps for me, and keep a copy for himself for analysis. He's currently cooking up some hanging spells for the strike team; it might be plausible that he can arrange some tracking software for us to haul us out in a pinch."

"Ah good, if you would check with Master Harris about his progress on that and whatever or not he can provide an emergency exit that would be quite helpful my good man."

He made a quick bow, left the maps on Joakim's desk, and headed off to an empty room, candle in hand to make a call to Steelhaven Hall...

You find and empty sitting room up on the second floor, it was a small room, with green furniture and a brown fluffy carpet, there where several book cages where, and old TV and a painting of a wild, untouched forest handing on one of the walls. Someone had been playing Scrabble in here recently though for you saw a forgotten tile, a T, saying under the table along with a few escaped pop corn pieces.

(OOC: Yeah sorry type Colin and Adley get the Vampire Lore Tane get the Ratkin Lore.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:57 pm

"Well yes if fear can be controlled one can stay functional much longer, fear have it's place but it can also numb your mind and make you useless."
Colin nodded, "Mastering your fear like that takes some aptitude and training. And the training can be... exceptionally unpleasant, even when you succeed... and it's never an easy thing to do, even then."

"Hum...yes that might be why they want to end the world, still that is a tossing the baby out with the bath water approach to it. In either case we are going to have to stop them."
He shrugged, "That does seem to be the general attitude, at least, based on my questioning the few Fallen I have had the opportunity to speak with - they keep wondering why I insist on trying to save this shithole of a world. My reply that there is still so much good in the world, and that I happen to live in it doesn't seem to carry much weight, though..."

"It would be an exit to make Flambeau the Founder proud indeed but yes while I do admire such a courageous display and it is better to go out with a bang if one is being taken down, it is indeed even more impressive to survive to do it again."
He grinned wryly, "I've gone down with a bang before. Rocketry to the face gets loud. So do crash landings. I'm still here, and intend to keep calm and carry on."

Colin looked surprisingly innocent, "Careful, Sir... was it something I said?"

"Very well, I am less likely to take any damage from being around it than you are, though I think a dead rat would be a less disgusting paperweight for my desk if you excuse the analogy given your recent encounter Mr Wainwright."
He sighed, "Yes, a dead rat would be preferable for a paperweight. However, I'd be less inclined to carry one in my pocket than this... horrid stuff. At least this doesn't carry an infection risk in the same way. Packed up as it is, though, I don't think it should be lying around long enough to cause any... undue distress to your desk."

Joakim nodded and fetched a rope of pearls from his vest pocket, the pearls where clearly Tass but it was so ordered and static that you doubt that it would work for any other than static effects and it would feel extremely strange to use, it was also far less potent than the raw Tass you where used to. Your Avatar did seam to relax around it though and it was clean you think though you would have to work magick on it to know more about it than that.
He arched an eyebrow, "Fascinating... highly static, but more in the sense that it has limited use than in that it is likely to affect the user's personal resonance much. It would probably require a little more work than regular tass if I were to use it for power; sort of like the difference between an acetylene tank and a flask of lamp oil. The pearls feel remarkably soothing, though... would you mind if I hang on to these for a little while?"

"I am not so sure it is wise to contact a vampire that you have shot in the head and left to be nibbled on by rats Mr Wainwright, in my experience that tends to make them irritable and irritable people with magical abilities tend to cause trouble, not to mention irritable people with magical abilities and the ability to destroy your Gift...those are better left alone."
He grinned, "Quite; contacting him directly might not be the wisest thing... a more important point, though, is that I strongly suspect the fellow to be a Tremere, from what I've heard of them. We have essentially all his current contact information at hand, should it prove necessary to hunt him down for any reason."

"Ah good, if you would check with Master Harris about his progress on that and whatever or not he can provide an emergency exit that would be quite helpful my good man."
He nodded, "I will swing by him on the way back, after I get a few minutes of meditation."
He looked over at Adley, "So, meet you down by the Node for a few minutes of rest, then we see the Brothers Knight?"

He quickly searched the sitting room for a platter or other suitable thing to set the candle on, glanced around for the Scrabble game that was missing a tile, and fished out Cita's phone number as he intoned "Cita Telar" and lit the candle before hitting dial.

((OOC: Whee, second freebie dot. Very Happy ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:49 pm

Colin nodded, "Mastering your fear like that takes some aptitude and training. And the training can be... exceptionally unpleasant, even when you succeed... and it's never an easy thing to do, even then."

"Yes...unpleasant indeed."
Joakim muttered softly.
"And never easy to do even when one have some experience at it."

He shrugged, "That does seem to be the general attitude, at least, based on my questioning the few Fallen I have had the opportunity to speak with - they keep wondering why I insist on trying to save this shithole of a world. My reply that there is still so much good in the world, and that I happen to live in it doesn't seem to carry much weight, though..."

"Yes, they are imbalanced, they forget that the purpose of destruction is to make way for new creation, destruction is nothing if it have no purpose other than itself. But yes while there are so many bad things in this world and it will never be perfect, for no one can learn from a perfect world, it is worth fighting for, if for nothing else then for the lives of those that live in it, and those who will live in it one day."

He grinned wryly, "I've gone down with a bang before. Rocketry to the face gets loud. So do crash landings. I'm still here, and intend to keep calm and carry on."

"Yes do try to avoid rockets in the future...however you did do a good thing saving your fellow soldiers, let us hope you will get out of your next scrape alive as well."
Joakim said and nodded, both of you had taken your lickings and managed to survive against all odds so perhaps the old linear mage saw some kinship in that.

Joakim gave you a very stern look but then he cracked a bit of a smile.
"You are a mischievous man Mr Wainwright."

He sighed, "Yes, a dead rat would be preferable for a paperweight. However, I'd be less inclined to carry one in my pocket than this... horrid stuff.

"Well you never know, I had an apprentice in the 1980's he used to love those old computer games where you look for stuff to solve puzzles, I seam to remember there where a few times when dead rats came in handy in those games."
Joakim said with a bit of a smile.
"And those items where usually carried around in the character's pockets."

At least this doesn't carry an infection risk in the same way. Packed up as it is, though, I don't think it should be lying around long enough to cause any... undue distress to your desk."

"Well...it do carry the risk of Jhor which can be worse than most illnesses. I do agree the foul stuff should be locked up though and I will take care of it, come see me when you want it back young man."

He arched an eyebrow, "Fascinating... highly static, but more in the sense that it has limited use than in that it is likely to affect the user's personal resonance much.

"Yes that is is correct, it is refined to work with my static magic rather then the dynamic powers you and your Cabalmate here possess."
Joakim said and nodded.
"I can not use unprocessed Vim right from a Node like you can, though there are minor, not yet full blown Nodes and those my kind can use."

It would probably require a little more work than regular tass if I were to use it for power; sort of like the difference between an acetylene tank and a flask of lamp oil.

"Yes our mana tend to lack a bit of kick competed to the raw form of Vim, I do not know why. Some have theorized that without an Awake Avatar one can not process the full raw power of Quintessence...all Awakened creatures use Quintessence in one form or another to fuel their powers, but it is always refined in some way, and usually weaker than the raw stuff your kind use...though I have heard rumors about some immortal creatures in the Orient that have the ability to use Quintessence and Tass straight from a Node...but like I said that is just rumors."

The pearls feel remarkably soothing, though... would you mind if I hang on to these for a little while?"

"Be my guest Mr Wainwright if you find them helpful."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.
"Though I am not sure they would be much use for you to fuel your magick."

He grinned, "Quite; contacting him directly might not be the wisest thing... a more important point, though, is that I strongly suspect the fellow to be a Tremere, from what I've heard of them. We have essentially all his current contact information at hand, should it prove necessary to hunt him down for any reason."

"Ah, well tempting as that may be, I often find that non contact with the blasted vampires are a better course of action than to take them down, and safer, but yes that information might come in handy one day so we should hang on to it, I guess I will have to talk with Deaconess Darnell about it when I get the chance."

He nodded, "I will swing by him on the way back, after I get a few minutes of meditation."

"Good thank you Mr Wainwright."

He quickly searched the sitting room for a platter or other suitable thing to set the candle on, glanced around for the Scrabble game that was missing a tile, and fished out Cita's phone number as he intoned "Cita Telar" and lit the candle before hitting dial.

You find a glass candle holder with a nearly burned down stump of a blue candle in it in one of the shelves and on top of the bookcase you find the scrabble game. You call the number and you see the flame on the enchanted candle gently flickering as Cita picks up and you hear there are others in the room, you hear Beatrice mewling softly and trashing about in her sleep and Amadeus mumbling something in German to calm her.
"Ah Mr Wainwright one moment let me just step out into the corridor."
Cita told you as she picked up and you hear her tell Amadeus.
"Master Nassa I will be right back, if she wakes up try to lull her back to sleep, she needs her rest even if it is troubled and uneasy."
Then you hear the Spirit Master's light steps on the stone floor and the door to the Node room opening and closing and then the flame stopped flickering.
"Yes then I am out in the hallway, is there something I can do for you Mr Wainwright?"
Cita asked.

(OOC: I like to hand out Lore dots now and again since it makes no sense for a character to interact some some supernatural society or another to a great degree and not learn anything.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:30 pm

Adley's brows went up and he looked slightly embarrassed and then turned to him with a huff, intending on turning it back around at him. At least if anything he found his capability for other emotions returning, even if some of them were embarrassment. "Are you implying I have a dirty mind, amicus? What you do with handcuffs in your private time with your girlfriend is your own business."

Joakim gave you a very stern look but then he cracked a bit of a smile. "You are a mischievous man Mr Wainwright."

Adley looked at the Chief in a way that projected, 'do you see what I put up with?' Then he turned a small smile on Colin. "Perhaps he would get along with the cat spirit."

At least this doesn't carry an infection risk in the same way. Packed up as it is, though, I don't think it should be lying around long enough to cause any... undue distress to your desk."
"Well...it do carry the risk of Jhor which can be worse than most illnesses. I do agree the foul stuff should be locked up though and I will take care of it, come see me when you want it back young man."

He looked unhappy at the fact that was around him again, much like the vampire's blood.

"I forgot about that as well. We should ask her if she found anything. He might find out something useful about the Tremere from it if they've been communicating on it. Please don't tell me you're truly entertaining calling off the man's appointment? I'm afraid you're a bit too valuable to play secretary. And now I also remember what I wanted to ask you before, what the hell were you doing writing love notes after you took that vampire down in the first place?" He raised an eyebrow at him.

"Hum...would you like to share those ideas now or when or if we find out more about how the Labyrinth are protected and it's nature Sodalis?" Joakim asked.

"When we find out more, I need a moment to try to allow the ideas to gel."

"Good idea."

"We might be talking around one another Mr Roth Hicks, for I though you where asking what information Mr Wainwright where to ask Miss Jerkins...and she are likely to have seen Miss Carlyle over breakfast this morning, especially if she is the girl's mentor, but it occur to me you might have been asking what questions to ask the Nosferatu girl, forgive the misunderstanding, it have been a long day...from her I would like to know any detail she might know about the labyrinth itself, especially if any part of it are spiritual in nature, anything she can tell us about the place really."

He blinked. "Ah, I meant the vampire, yes. I think Colin has a much better shot with Jenkins, I sound like I have a cold in that room."

"Agreed...hum I might ask Master Harris if one of his Adepts can do the job, they tend to be good at keeping an eye on places at a distance, we do need a group ready to act if she is spotted as well."

"Good idea."

"Thank you Sodalis, your offer is appreciated, right now though I think we all just needs to get our individual tasks done."
Joakim said and gave you a tired smile.

He gave another not to everyone in the room and then headed upstairs. When he got to the room, he felt a bit bad knocking - it was late o'clock and Meg was a little kid and should be in bed. He tapped at it, waiting to see if Cara was there.

// yeah, it makes sense to sometimes get lores or other things rather than direct XP - Adley now knows rather more than he wanted to about vampires >.<
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:01 pm

At least if anything he found his capability for other emotions returning, even if some of them were embarrassment. "Are you implying I have a dirty mind, amicus? What you do with handcuffs in your private time with your girlfriend is your own business."

Joakim blushed a bit at this, well at least it put some color in his rather pale face.
"Ehm...yes well...alright then back to the topics at hand."

Adley looked at the Chief in a way that projected, 'do you see what I put up with?' Then he turned a small smile on Colin. "Perhaps he would get along with the cat spirit."

Joakim returned then look then he gave a wry grin and he looked a little bit more like himself after all the business with Carmon had upset him.
"Ah yes Sodalis I do think that the guide spirit will like your Cabalmate just fine."

"I forgot about that as well. We should ask her if she found anything. He might find out something useful about the Tremere from it if they've been communicating on it.

"Good point Sodalis I will ask the good Deaconess about this unless one of you would prefer to do so?"
Joakim asked.

"When we find out more, I need a moment to try to allow the ideas to gel."

"Very well we will discuss that matter in greater length later then."

He blinked. "Ah, I meant the vampire, yes. I think Colin has a much better shot with Jenkins, I sound like I have a cold in that room."

"Yes Mr Wainwright do seam to have developed a rapport with Miss Jerkins and would probably stand a better chance of getting her to talk yes, and your voice seam to have magickal elements to it Sodalis so it might be affected by the magick dampening effects of that chamber yes."
Joakim said in agreement.

He gave another not to everyone in the room and then headed upstairs. When he got to the room, he felt a bit bad knocking - it was late o'clock and Meg was a little kid and should be in bed. He tapped at it, waiting to see if Cara was there.

You tapped on the door to the little Criamon girl's bedroom and after a few moments Cara opened the door, she made a polite gesture to ask you to be silent for a moment, you see a small room inside, one side was ordered but the wall was full of drawings, strange drawings and the desk was full of pencils and crayons. Meg lay sleeping in her bed still a crayon in one hand. On the other side of the room there was a TV, posters of horses and pop stars on the walls and clothes and jewelry on the floor along with books on basic Hermetic magick stacked on the desk, Anita the little girl who had played with Liv for a while earlier in the evening slept peacefully in her own bed.

Cara came out of the room and closed the door then she said.
"Ah forgive me Mr Roth Hicks I did not want to wake the girls. What can I help you with?"

(OOC: Vampires are friendly creatures...only they are also walking, talking, Gilgul sticks. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:05 pm

They do not look like they have any parasites, they might be under a spell but that would be something you would have to try to look for as it can be hard to say for sure.

You manage to dodge the spirit's attack and point your sword at the pair and they pull back, a little but soon one of them swept towards you again, trying to claw of your face with his rotted but still sharp claws.

(OOC: Please roll to try to avoid the attack again also I will be moving this reply to the new thread.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:19 pm

"You are a mischievous man Mr Wainwright."
"Are you implying I have a dirty mind, amicus? What you do with handcuffs in your private time with your girlfriend is your own business."
Colin chuckled, "Perhaps I am implying that; I never said it would be Freddy or myself who would be wearing said handcuffs. Then again, I suppose we all needed a bit of levity now."

He grinned, "I just might, at that."

"Well you never know, I had an apprentice in the 1980's he used to love those old computer games where you look for stuff to solve puzzles, I seam to remember there where a few times when dead rats came in handy in those games."
Joakim said with a bit of a smile.
"And those items where usually carried around in the character's pockets."
He grinned, "Ah, yes, good times... I can't offhand recall the application of dead rodents in the games I remember, but it's true, those adventuring souls did tend to put the strangest random trash in their pockets."

He grimaced, "Wanting it back might be putting it a bit strongly... but as long as I can use it more safely than the normal methods of cleansing it, and there is an immediate tactical use for it, I will take it."

"Yes our mana tend to lack a bit of kick competed to the raw form of Vim, I do not know why. Some have theorized that without an Awake Avatar one can not process the full raw power of Quintessence...all Awakened creatures use Quintessence in one form or another to fuel their powers, but it is always refined in some way, and usually weaker than the raw stuff your kind use..."
He nodded, "Continuing the hydrocarbon analogy, I suppose it's a lot like crude oil; it can be processed into a myriad of forms useful for a vast variety of different things, such as fuel, structural materials, fabrics and so on... These pearls have been refined to a form suitable for a far narrower, specialized set of applications. Most people can't use the crude oil directly, but have to get the refined forms for their needs - and most people exhibit some skill with the form with which they have experience. You can do a lot more with these, I think, than I could with as many drams of tass."
He carefully tied the string of pearls around his neck and tucked it under his shirt like a necklace, letting off a soft sigh of contentment, "Ah, I trust these won't be a problem to bring into the Node, though?"

"I forgot about that as well. We should ask her if she found anything. He might find out something useful about the Tremere from it if they've been communicating on it. Please don't tell me you're truly entertaining calling off the man's appointment? I'm afraid you're a bit too valuable to play secretary. And now I also remember what I wanted to ask you before, what the hell were you doing writing love notes after you took that vampire down in the first place?"
He grinned sheepishly, "Entertaining the thought, yes, in the humourous sense. Committing to it, not even remotely. As for the note, that was admittedly scatterbrained; sort of an automatic response. I kind of... wrote him a receipt for his items. I didn't sign it as anything more identifiable than 'Scrappy Orphan', but I would likely have realized the monumental lapse of judgment shortly after. I can't say for certain I would have caught it before the rats appeared, though, so thank you for watching my back there. Ah, that note has been burned already, so that's out of the picture, at least."

"Yes then I am out in the hallway, is there something I can do for you Mr Wainwright?"
He placed the tile on the Scrabble box and took a deep breath, "Ah, this is a little complicated... First, that silver dagger - we have reason to believe the owner is a Fey-blooded vampire, whose identity may have some implication to the greater scope of things. We don't have many details here, except that it would seem one was murdered here in Chicago, and the whereabouts of his childe are unknown. Psychometry may be a useful skill, if we have anyone abailable with that ability right now. Second, is Adley's return to care for Beatrice still urgent? Third..."
He paused for a moment, "Third, I suspect I will need a closer examination of my Avatar quite urgently - if possible with the assistance of mr. Karyak for his particular talent in calling Avatars out. I have a prisoner to interrogate briefly first, but it would seem after my Avatar... molted, it has changed dramatically; now, it seems, it frightens Fallen Avatars by its mere proximity, and it's been described to me as... well, a galaxy of pain and terror and hope. This could be a vital asset for the next strike we have lined up here, so a round trip home could be necessitated."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:38 pm

((Yeeeeey he has changing breeds lore running out of his pores XD))

I see you're not servants to the Wyrm. I don't want to harm you, go away and leave in peace. I just killed the servant of the wyrm. No other deserved his wrath.

Dodge:
9, 7, 2, 7, 6
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Colin chuckled, "Perhaps I am implying that; I never said it would be Freddy or myself who would be wearing said handcuffs. Then again, I suppose we all needed a bit of levity now."

"It still sounds like your business, not mine," he said.

Joakim blushed a bit at this, well at least it put some color in his rather pale face. "Ehm...yes well...alright then back to the topics at hand."

"Pardon."

"Good point Sodalis I will ask the good Deaconess about this unless one of you would prefer to do so?" Joakim asked.

"If I see her or get the chance I'll ask her about it, but if you happen to or Colin, please do follow up. Have they been assigned a room?"

He grinned sheepishly, "Entertaining the thought, yes, in the humourous sense. Committing to it, not even remotely. As for the note, that was admittedly scatterbrained; sort of an automatic response. I kind of... wrote him a receipt for his items. I didn't sign it as anything more identifiable than 'Scrappy Orphan', but I would likely have realized the monumental lapse of judgment shortly after. I can't say for certain I would have caught it before the rats appeared, though, so thank you for watching my back there. Ah, that note has been burned already, so that's out of the picture, at least."

"I find it interesting your automatic response is to leave a receipt," he said with a wry shake of his head. "Well, even if you didn't sign it, your handwriting can be enough for some magii to try to use. Just so you know. And thank you for keeping me from becoming completely bitten by rats, I don't think I got the chance to say so yet."

Cara came out of the room and closed the door then she said. "Ah forgive me Mr Roth Hicks I did not want to wake the girls. What can I help you with?

Adley waited quietly and then nodded at Cara. "I was told you might be able to assist me with something. Though I prefer not to discuss it out here in the hall..." He took out his notebook and raised an eyebrow at her.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Colin:

Joakim still looked a bit scandalized but he gave a bit of a grin.
"You know that is even worse Mr Wainwright but yes you are correct, we all needed a laugh right about now."

He grinned, "Ah, yes, good times... I can't offhand recall the application of dead rodents in the games I remember, but it's true, those adventuring souls did tend to put the strangest random trash in their pockets."

"Yes...I never got into those games myself but I had to keep my eye on what the kid was doing you know. Hum...I have not checked in on him in a while, I should give him a call one of these days. He got to the forth degree under my care, meaning he Awakened so I had to give him up to another teacher...I do hope he is well."
Joakim mushed more to himself than to you.

He grimaced, "Wanting it back might be putting it a bit strongly... but as long as I can use it more safely than the normal methods of cleansing it, and there is an immediate tactical use for it, I will take it."

"Well come see me when you need it back then Mr Wainwright, though I will be glad when all of that disgusting stuff is long gone."

He nodded, "Continuing the hydrocarbon analogy, I suppose it's a lot like crude oil; it can be processed into a myriad of forms useful for a vast variety of different things, such as fuel, structural materials, fabrics and so on... These pearls have been refined to a form suitable for a far narrower, specialized set of applications. Most people can't use the crude oil directly, but have to get the refined forms for their needs - and most people exhibit some skill with the form with which they have experience. You can do a lot more with these, I think, than I could with as many drams of tass."

"That is correct and is an excellent analogy Mr Wainweight and yes I could probably do some damage with those pearls."
Joakim said and gave you an approving nod.

He carefully tied the string of pearls around his neck and tucked it under his shirt like a necklace, letting off a soft sigh of contentment, "Ah, I trust these won't be a problem to bring into the Node, though?"

"No that should be no problem at all."
The hedge wizard said. You felt your Avatar calming down in the presence of Tass that suited it's Resonance.

He placed the tile on the Scrabble box and took a deep breath, "Ah, this is a little complicated... First, that silver dagger - we have reason to believe the owner is a Fey-blooded vampire, whose identity may have some implication to the greater scope of things. We don't have many details here, except that it would seem one was murdered here in Chicago, and the whereabouts of his childe are unknown. Psychometry may be a useful skill, if we have anyone abailable with that ability right now.

"I see, well I really know very little about that dagger, Jeffry asked me to take pictures of it and send to you as he have not ehm...figured out how to send pictures with his phone yet."
Cita said and made a bit of a pause.
"I will let him know and I am sure he will be able to find someone to examine the weapon closer...fay blooded vampire you say? I have never heard about such a thing. Notifying Deaconess O'Connor might be a good idea though perhaps she will know something about this."

Second, is Adley's return to care for Beatrice still urgent?

"That is undetermined at the moment. Adeptus Riez managed to find the arcane connections between Beatrice and the missing Enforcer so Jeffry have sent a group to search for them, if they are found then there should be no need yet as then the other end of that connection will be safe, however Mr Riez was unable to cut that arcane connection and so was I, when Avatars is involved this crap becomes strong, and there have to be a full banishing to get rid of it which means ritual work...and that scared Beatrice to no ends...poor thing, and she might need Mr Roth Hicks here for that, if he is part of the banishing ritual perhaps she will not get as scared but, it might not be necessary to do so right away."

Third..."
He paused for a moment, "Third, I suspect I will need a closer examination of my Avatar quite urgently - if possible with the assistance of mr. Karyak for his particular talent in calling Avatars out. I have a prisoner to interrogate briefly first, but it would seem after my Avatar... molted, it has changed dramatically; now, it seems, it frightens Fallen Avatars by its mere proximity, and it's been described to me as... well, a galaxy of pain and terror and hope. This could be a vital asset for the next strike we have lined up here, so a round trip home could be necessitated."

"I see, well Mr Karyak is currently part of the group trying to free the Nephandi's hostages as far as I understood it but I will ask him as soon as I see him...what you speak of is extremely interesting and I have never heard of it happening before. I can bring you back here, drop me a text when you are ready and I will use your phone to target my rote...Fallen Avatars are scarred of your soul? Interesting have you experienced this with several of them?"
Cita asked sounding quite fired up.
"Your magick do it work as it should? Are you in any discomfort?"
She asked once the first excitement had settled and she started getting concerned.

Tane:

You elegantly step away from the Umbrood's talons and it misses you by several inches.
"This is our home..."
One of the spirits said and looked at you.
"Why should we leave our home, we are this building, we are going to be here until this building is no more then our sisters in the ground will be what is built anew here, until that to is decrepit and old and then we will come back and be that building, that is what we are, it is a never ending now."
The other spirit said.
"That which we can not touch but which are similar to us which live inside of you should know this, how things must decay for there to be new growth, everything are created, it exists and then it is destroyed that is what we are."
The first Umbrood whispered again, their voices sounding like old rotting wood snapping underfoot and a aroma of a house that have stood empty to old, mothballs and rot filled the air around them.
"What is servant being with that which we can not touch inside? We just are."
One of the spirits asked again as they looked at you curiously, at least they where not attacking right now and seamed to have gone from aggression to being curious of you, at least for the time being.
"The Wyrm are the personification of decay and decay is needed, so are the other members of the Triat, there have to be balance."
The first spirit whispered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Adley:

"If I see her or get the chance I'll ask her about it, but if you happen to or Colin, please do follow up. Have they been assigned a room?"

"Very well the first person that see the Deaconess will talk to her about the Tremere's phone. Hum...I do not know actually you are saying something there, I will make sure that the party from Flamingo are given a room to stay in while they are here, one more thing for the to do list."
Joakim said and noted something in his leather bound book.

Adley waited quietly and then nodded at Cara. "I was told you might be able to assist me with something. Though I prefer not to discuss it out here in the hall..." He took out his notebook and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Off course Mr Roth Hicks, what about we go and discuss it in one of the sitting rooms?"
Cara asked and pointed in the direction of one of them.
"There should be no one there at this time of night."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:43 pm

"If you wish to stay close to them, I certainly understand, I'm sorry to make inquiries at this hour but there's not bound to be any better time. I can try to be quiet but if you feel it's alright, then please lead the way to whatever room you wish," he said to Cara.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:52 pm

"I just had to check on Meg...after all the things that creature whispered in my ears...even through the protections of my full Parma Magica...I had to make sure she was safe and sound but I am fine I do not need to sit guard over the children they are sleeping well, and do not worry Mr Roth Hicks it is a crisis situation, unfortunately Nephandi plots do not take decent times to sleep into consideration."
The Criamon said with a bit of a smile as she led you down the corridor and to the room with the fireplace you had been in earlier in the evening. Cara sat down into one of the chairs and indicated with a gesture that you should sit.
"So what can I help you with Sodalis?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:00 pm

"I just had to check on Meg...after all the things that creature whispered in my ears...even through the protections of my full Parma Magica...I had to make sure she was safe and sound but I am fine I do not need to sit guard over the children they are sleeping well, and do not worry Mr Roth Hicks it is a crisis situation, unfortunately Nephandi plots do not take decent times to sleep into consideration."

"I understand," he said. He wouldn't find it odd to want to stand guard over them though, especially not after what she'd witnessed. He followed her into the next room and glanced at the fireplace, giving it a check to see if it was in good order and if there was kindling to start a fire. He sat down as she offered a chair and said, "First, the Chief passes on his praises for the last mission's success. And I would like to personally thank you as well. The matter I came here about though is unfortunately all too common. Paradox is starting to become...something to consider. I was told you might have access to some techniques that could assist with it. Even if it is something to increase the balance of my resonance, I would be grateful for the help."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:37 pm

"I find it interesting your automatic response is to leave a receipt," he said with a wry shake of his head. "Well, even if you didn't sign it, your handwriting can be enough for some magii to try to use. Just so you know. And thank you for keeping me from becoming completely bitten by rats, I don't think I got the chance to say so yet."
Colin shrugged apologetically, "I've been a merchant for years; the number of valuable items I've received in my shop is... well, I lost track long since. Writing a receipt is almost second nature, as such. And you are welcome; you watch my back, I watch yours; you were rather busy handling that rogue Avatar at the time."

"Well come see me when you need it back then Mr Wainwright, though I will be glad when all of that disgusting stuff is long gone."
He nodded, "You and me both."

"I will let him know and I am sure he will be able to find someone to examine the weapon closer...fay blooded vampire you say? I have never heard about such a thing. Notifying Deaconess O'Connor might be a good idea though perhaps she will know something about this."
Colin smiled wryly, "Neither had I until some twenty minutes ago, give or take... Deaconess O'Connor, excellent idea. Even if she doesn't know, chances are she knows a bit more about who to ask."

"That is undetermined at the moment. Adeptus Riez managed to find the arcane connections between Beatrice and the missing Enforcer so Jeffry have sent a group to search for them, if they are found then there should be no need yet as then the other end of that connection will be safe, however Mr Riez was unable to cut that arcane connection and so was I, when Avatars is involved this crap becomes strong, and there have to be a full banishing to get rid of it which means ritual work...and that scared Beatrice to no ends...poor thing, and she might need Mr Roth Hicks here for that, if he is part of the banishing ritual perhaps she will not get as scared but, it might not be necessary to do so right away."
He frowned, "I will let Adley know, then - I suspect he'll want to come home to Beatrice... Actually, I know he wants to, but the urgency of the mission has so far taken priority... how is she holding up, really? I know she should be back on her feet fairly soon, but that's little comfort when she's so out of it now..."

"I see, well Mr Karyak is currently part of the group trying to free the Nephandi's hostages as far as I understood it but I will ask him as soon as I see him...what you speak of is extremely interesting and I have never heard of it happening before. I can bring you back here, drop me a text when you are ready and I will use your phone to target my rote...Fallen Avatars are scarred of your soul? Interesting have you experienced this with several of them?"
Cita asked sounding quite fired up.
"Your magick do it work as it should? Are you in any discomfort?"
He chuckled softly, "You have no idea how relieving that enthusiasm about it sounds after what feels like a hundred repetitions of that question in a concerned voice... I was attempted gilguled; you can bet the Heart of Horizon I'm in discomfort... My entire soul feels not unlike someone sprinkled itching powder on a sunburn when I use magic - but that is pretty much the extent of the discomfort; a small but significant distraction, but in return, the power behind my magic is stronger than ever. I would not recommend that sort of aggressive therapy for Avatar growth, though."
He shook his head, "That aside, yes, I've spoken with a couple of Fallen, in a manner of speaking, and I'm about to interrogate a third about it - and apparently a couple of highly sophisticated spirits have also noticed that my Avatar looks... different. There is a fourth matter, as well, possibly slightly more important than my Avatar... We encountered one Nephandus whose Avatar had been weaponized. It's somehow detachable; she can seemingly send it out to harass people at will. Adley let me perceive it as he did, and it expressed a great worry about my Avatar being a danger to it... Now, that Nephandus and her Avatar got away - or rather, we got away from it. We might need some means of capture; a phylactery will probably be impossible at so short notice, but might something like the traps in Ghostbusters be viable? Something quick, made for short-term storage until it can be addressed by someone capable of dealing with the thing?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:14 pm

Adley:

"I understand," he said. He wouldn't find it odd to want to stand guard over them though, especially not after what she'd witnessed. He followed her into the next room and glanced at the fireplace, giving it a check to see if it was in good order and if there was kindling to start a fire.

There where kindling in a basket beside the fireplace, there where plenty there to get your pile burned, the fireplace was cold right now though. The room was in pretty good order, it was nice and clean though often used and it wore the scrapes and scratches that came with that on it's furniture and floor.

He sat down as she offered a chair and said, "First, the Chief passes on his praises for the last mission's success. And I would like to personally thank you as well.

Cara smiled a little at that.
"Ah, well I fear that is Master Harris and Master Min had not helped us we would not be here right now so the thank should go to them but I do appreciate it Sodalis."

The matter I came here about though is unfortunately all too common. Paradox is starting to become...something to consider. I was told you might have access to some techniques that could assist with it.

The young Criamon hesitated then she said a bit reluctantly.
"I do...but it is a bit...the in an of itself the method is not dangerous but there is always an temptation to use it to much, and if one do then things can go wrong very quickly, there is a way to manifest one's Paradox into the physical world, for a while, you will be free of the effects but it will continue to grow and then when it breaks free...well the backlash can be very bad...if I help you with this you have to take it back as soon as we are not in the middle of a crisis,no matter how tempting it might be to just leave it there and forget about it, the piper do eventually have to be paid."
She said in a warning tone of voice.

Even if it is something to increase the balance of my resonance, I would be grateful for the help."

"That is an easier request, I can do this for you, or if you have an advanced enough understanding of Ars Vim I can teach how how, again it is not a permanent solution but can help balance things out."
Cara said and looked at you.
"Things to do with Paradox, Resonance and Twilight are my House's sociality along with more esoteric pursuits Sodalis."

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "Neither had I until some twenty minutes ago, give or take... Deaconess O'Connor, excellent idea. Even if she doesn't know, chances are she knows a bit more about who to ask."

"I will request an audience with the Lady and ask her about the dagger, I have limited time to run around though, my two patients do take up the majority of my time...though when we are talking about that I got a most interesting communication from Master Hans Harris about using your newly made rote to help young Tobias, I would like to discuss that with you when you have the time Mr Wainwright."

He frowned, "I will let Adley know, then - I suspect he'll want to come home to Beatrice... Actually, I know he wants to, but the urgency of the mission has so far taken priority... how is she holding up, really? I know she should be back on her feet fairly soon, but that's little comfort when she's so out of it now..."

"Very well let Mr Roth Hicks know and I will keep you appraised about the results of the rescue attempts."
Cita said then she sigh.
"It is hard to say Mr Wainwright...her Avatar is healing, it have accepted the graft from Mr Roth Hicks perfectly and is doing as well as anyone have any right to expect of an Avatar that wounded...Beatrice herself though...she is in allot of pain and she is scared and traumatized. By my estimate seeing injuries of the same severity though caused in more accidental ways, if we just look at her Avatar she should be able to start using magick again in a few months time, though it can take years before all the damage is healed...the problem is that she is weakening physically, she do not get long periods of sleep and I am concerned for her health, the constant agony and fear are wearing on her and there is little I can do to help her. I have been trying to find a suitable donor among the Nephandi prisoners and some shards that Mr Karyak found, though taking something from a soul with consent is...nothing I want to do, but it might be necessary to reduce Bee's pain to the point where she will actually survive this, but so far the only two suitable donors are Mr Roth Hicks and Mr Karyak and well...they can not be used as I would need a rather large...piece to patch Beatrice's Avatar together to the point where her main will be manageable..."
Cita said then she sigh again.
"I am sorry Mr Wainwright that came out far more gruesome than I had intended. Beatrice can make it without those donations, but it is a chance to take, and if she die now I doubt her soul have the strength to get to the Well and reincarnate."

He chuckled softly, "You have no idea how relieving that enthusiasm about it sounds after what feels like a hundred repetitions of that question in a concerned voice... I was attempted gilguled; you can bet the Heart of Horizon I'm in discomfort... My entire soul feels not unlike someone sprinkled itching powder on a sunburn when I use magic - but that is pretty much the extent of the discomfort; a small but significant distraction, but in return, the power behind my magic is stronger than ever. I would not recommend that sort of aggressive therapy for Avatar growth, though."

"You where incredibly lucky Mr Wainwright, that your soul grew stronger or your connection with it did at least are a nice surprise but you are lucky to be on your feet and be whole...but yes I will not deny that the prospect of finding out more about what might be up with your Avatar fills me with professional anticipation, perhaps some sort of protection magick can be devised from it, saving others who might not otherwise be so lucky and also I do wonder why the Fallen have a problem with your Avatar...hum...well sorry it is a personal issue and I should not treat it as if it was Christmas Eve that was insensitive of me, please do forgive me."
Cita said in an apologetic tone of voice.

He shook his head, "That aside, yes, I've spoken with a couple of Fallen, in a manner of speaking, and I'm about to interrogate a third about it - and apparently a couple of highly sophisticated spirits have also noticed that my Avatar looks... different.

"I see...I do wonder why that is...hum..."

There is a fourth matter, as well, possibly slightly more important than my Avatar... We encountered one Nephandus whose Avatar had been weaponized.

"It had been what?"
Cita exclaimed sounding surprised.

It's somehow detachable; she can seemingly send it out to harass people at will. Adley let me perceive it as he did, and it expressed a great worry about my Avatar being a danger to it... Now, that Nephandus and her Avatar got away - or rather, we got away from it. We might need some means of capture; a phylactery will probably be impossible at so short notice, but might something like the traps in Ghostbusters be viable? Something quick, made for short-term storage until it can be addressed by someone capable of dealing with the thing?"

"I see, I have seen and interacted with Avatars that are manifested and seam to act on their own but something sent out like an attack dog...I guess some demonic investments could possibly do that though I have never witnessed it myself. Well as long as the Avatar is a part of the host, and it was or you and your group would be dead if it wanted you to be, then a skilled Master of Spirit with some training when it comes to Avatars can restrain it with magick...making a artifact that do so though will take some time and a phylactery no, it do not work that way, it do not capture an Avatar, it is the Avatar manifested, but holding the thing, or somehow sealing it inside of it's host's soul, that should be possible..."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Colin shrugged apologetically, "I've been a merchant for years; the number of valuable items I've received in my shop is... well, I lost track long since. Writing a receipt is almost second nature, as such. And you are welcome; you watch my back, I watch yours; you were rather busy handling that rogue Avatar at the time."

He smiled a bit. "Sounds like a good deal."

There where kindling in a basket beside the fireplace, there where plenty there to get your pile burned, the fireplace was cold right now though. The room was in pretty good order, it was nice and clean though often used and it wore the scrapes and scratches that came with that on it's furniture and floor.

He took note and stacked up some kindling to start up a fire.

Cara smiled a little at that. "Ah, well I fear that is Master Harris and Master Min had not helped us we would not be here right now so the thank should go to them but I do appreciate it Sodalis."

"Certainly they deserve thanks too but you were instrumental."

"I do...but it is a bit...the in an of itself the method is not dangerous but there is always an temptation to use it to much, and if one do then things can go wrong very quickly, there is a way to manifest one's Paradox into the physical world, for a while, you will be free of the effects but it will continue to grow and then when it breaks free...well the backlash can be very bad...if I help you with this you have to take it back as soon as we are not in the middle of a crisis,no matter how tempting it might be to just leave it there and forget about it, the piper do eventually have to be paid."

He raised an eyebrow. "Hm...I suppose it would prevent something happening in the field, always a concern as that might impact others but that seems dangerous. I've been trying to be conservative but we ran into a Marauder and it has been a long week with more engagements to come. I doubt I would forget about it, though I can see the contemplation of putting off the inevitable, like knowing you are going to be punished and hiding from your mentor's switch."

"That is an easier request, I can do this for you, or if you have an advanced enough understanding of Ars Vim I can teach how how, again it is not a permanent solution but can help balance things out."

"Perhaps we should start with that and I'll keep the other in consideration? I am ranked at second level in that art currently. So far I've been using a basic lesser banishing but there is a reason that I need to keep a good balance in check. And given recent activities...my soul is very upset."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:53 pm

"Sounds like a good deal."
Colin grinned, "What's a battle-brother for?"

"I will request an audience with the Lady and ask her about the dagger, I have limited time to run around though, my two patients do take up the majority of my time...though when we are talking about that I got a most interesting communication from Master Hans Harris about using your newly made rote to help young Tobias, I would like to discuss that with you when you have the time Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, "Ah, yes, I taught him my little trick, and he had an excellent idea for applications. I would be delighted to discuss some possibilities with you in that regard, as soon as I've had about a year of sleep... so, I suppose tomorrow after we've broken the Nephandi might be good? Possibly with room for a brief nap in-between?"

"I am sorry Mr Wainwright that came out far more gruesome than I had intended. Beatrice can make it without those donations, but it is a chance to take, and if she die now I doubt her soul have the strength to get to the Well and reincarnate."
He frowned, then pondered for a moment, "Her Avatar is on the mend, but the pain of it is too much for her body? I... have an idea, but it is rather disgusting. I find the immediate presence of tass soothing, especially if it's a bit on the static side. In fact, right now, I'm enjoying the touch of some pearls of mana - a loan from the Linear Mage who is the resident security chief here - and they do the trick very nicely. I'm thinking perhaps if some suitable tass could be retrieved from the manor Node, that might comfort Beatrice a little, as a stopgap measure... I'm having quite the success with safely disposing of resonated tass in the form of, er, well, magical hand grenades, mostly - it will not be a hazard to get rid of the stuff afterwards, once I'm back."

"You where incredibly lucky Mr Wainwright, that your soul grew stronger or your connection with it did at least are a nice surprise but you are lucky to be on your feet and be whole...but yes I will not deny that the prospect of finding out more about what might be up with your Avatar fills me with professional anticipation, perhaps some sort of protection magick can be devised from it, saving others who might not otherwise be so lucky and also I do wonder why the Fallen have a problem with your Avatar...hum...well sorry it is a personal issue and I should not treat it as if it was Christmas Eve that was insensitive of me, please do forgive me."
He smirked, "I know I am unreasonably fortunate, but i did spend a few days in a time bubble just trying to wake up afterwards... what happened at the time is a tad blurry, to say the least, but i can make a few guesses as to what happened. And in this case, at least, you don't need to apologize for your curiosity; I'm just as curious."

"I see...I do wonder why that is...hum..."
He pondered, "There's more; one of the Fallen i spoke with implied that her Avatar said I must not be placed in a Caul - I would tear it apart. While I do not particularly care to test that claim, I do wonder about the implications."

"It had been what?"
He nodded sagely, "That's my thought exactly, but the poor thing claimed the Nephandus desperately wanted a weapon, so she... changed her Avatar into one. It might be a flawed perception of mine, but it seemed... very diminished, much like a square peg that had been chipped away at to fit through a round hole."

"I see, I have seen and interacted with Avatars that are manifested and seam to act on their own but something sent out like an attack dog...I guess some demonic investments could possibly do that though I have never witnessed it myself. Well as long as the Avatar is a part of the host, and it was or you and your group would be dead if it wanted you to be, then a skilled Master of Spirit with some training when it comes to Avatars can restrain it with magick...making a artifact that do so though will take some time and a phylactery no, it do not work that way, it do not capture an Avatar, it is the Avatar manifested, but holding the thing, or somehow sealing it inside of it's host's soul, that should be possible..."
He pondered, "So, something like the magical equivalent of a mancatcher or lasso, then?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Sorry, it was a bad choice of words: leave me be, and i shall not disturb you further. I know decay is part of the the cycle, is needed and we must respect it he said, lowering his sword. THose servants that have another kind of spirit inside are agents that want to bring forth the destruction of the world. Unlike you, that are a part of the cycle, that are the decay in order to bring space to the new things. This mages and the wyrm have gone crazy, they destroy to undo, to bring nothingness, to bring an end to the cycle. Those who opose me bring the end, the nothingness, the corruption before it's time to all not to allow the cycle to continue, but to make it end and undo reality. That's what i face and i ask you to let me maintain the balance of the cycle. Please, attack me not and i will return them to the cycle to be cleansed and then i can be on my way.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:33 pm

Adley:

He took note and stacked up some kindling to start up a fire.

"Do you need any help with that Sodalis?"
Cara asked you when you started working on the fireplace.

"Certainly they deserve thanks too but you were instrumental."

Cara smiled and looked down shyly.
"I am glad I was able to help Mr Roth Hicks."
She muttered.

He raised an eyebrow. "Hm...I suppose it would prevent something happening in the field, always a concern as that might impact others but that seems dangerous. I've been trying to be conservative but we ran into a Marauder and it has been a long week with more engagements to come. I doubt I would forget about it, though I can see the contemplation of putting off the inevitable, like knowing you are going to be punished and hiding from your mentor's switch."

"It is easy to fall to the temptation to putting that backlash of for just a little bit longer, as when the manifested Paradox is reintegrated it is almost sure to become active at once, and there is where the danger lies. The analogy is an apt one, it is like an apprentice knowing he will be punished and hiding outside to avoid it making his Mentor more and more angry so the punishment will be worse when the inevitable comes, or like paying of one credit card debt with another credit card, you stave of having to pay, but the debt only grows and eventually it cost you your house."
Cara said then she sigh.
"But yes it can be used to prevent something from happening in the field, but that is also the only reason for that method to be used, to put off the Paradox when something is so important you really can not deal with it right then and there."

"Perhaps we should start with that and I'll keep the other in consideration? I am ranked at second level in that art currently. So far I've been using a basic lesser banishing but there is a reason that I need to keep a good balance in check. And given recent activities...my soul is very upset."

"I am not sure I can teach you this exact method then, but I can cast the rote for you if you wish, as for the Lesser Banishing ritual that can actually work...but may I as what type of Resonance is the problem, for usually one use a banishing earth pentagram for all four directions, and that can actually create more imbalance over time, you should alternate the pentagrams used during the ritual, if I may be so bold as to suggjest it."
The Criamon said and plucked at the fabric of her jeans.

Colin:

He smiled, "Ah, yes, I taught him my little trick, and he had an excellent idea for applications. I would be delighted to discuss some possibilities with you in that regard, as soon as I've had about a year of sleep... so, I suppose tomorrow after we've broken the Nephandi might be good? Possibly with room for a brief nap in-between?"

"Tomorrow works for me, or when you have gotten some rest Mr Wainwright, I would like to try the method on the boy as soon as possible though if it is viable, though he is not continuing to deteriorate at the speed I had first feared so we might have a little time."
Cita said over the phone.

He frowned, then pondered for a moment, "Her Avatar is on the mend, but the pain of it is too much for her body? I... have an idea, but it is rather disgusting. I find the immediate presence of tass soothing, especially if it's a bit on the static side. In fact, right now, I'm enjoying the touch of some pearls of mana - a loan from the Linear Mage who is the resident security chief here - and they do the trick very nicely. I'm thinking perhaps if some suitable tass could be retrieved from the manor Node, that might comfort Beatrice a little, as a stopgap measure...

"Hum..."
The Spirit Master said as she considered the suggestion.
"Well Beatrice is place in the Node now and the presence of Quintessence and Tass here is having a soothing effect on her, but it is not enough, I had not thought about drying corrupted Quintessence though, that might work even better but I have to ask Master Steelhaven's advice about the legality of it so I do not get her into further problems."

I'm having quite the success with safely disposing of resonated tass in the form of, er, well, magical hand grenades, mostly - it will not be a hazard to get rid of the stuff afterwards, once I'm back."

"Magical hand grenades? Well now that sounds...ehm...dangerous. I will keep it in mind though, perhaps it can ease Bee's pain a little."

He smirked, "I know I am unreasonably fortunate, but i did spend a few days in a time bubble just trying to wake up afterwards... what happened at the time is a tad blurry, to say the least, but i can make a few guesses as to what happened. And in this case, at least, you don't need to apologize for your curiosity; I'm just as curious."

"Well I am glad you made it with no serious injuries Mr Wainwright, one badly wounded and one sick Avatar to tend to is enough. I am looking forward to find out some more about this though but I will probably need to do some scans as I have never before heard about what you are describing."

He pondered, "There's more; one of the Fallen i spoke with implied that her Avatar said I must not be placed in a Caul - I would tear it apart. While I do not particularly care to test that claim, I do wonder about the implications."

"I would not like to use you as a bomb to blow up a Caul Mr Wainwright but that is a curious statement, you have captured quite a few Fallen I hear, you and your group, and they are all nervous around you and your soul?"

He nodded sagely, "That's my thought exactly, but the poor thing claimed the Nephandus desperately wanted a weapon, so she... changed her Avatar into one. It might be a flawed perception of mine, but it seemed... very diminished, much like a square peg that had been chipped away at to fit through a round hole."

"That is just horrible, who would do such a thing? I mean MacGyver want a weapon all the time he generally use duct tape and pencil sharpeners not souls, not that the matter are really fitting for levity...yes a Avatar that is changed, it is hard to keep the pure essence, I have had issues with that during my work on the Heart..."
Cita said and while she joked you could hear that she was angry that an Avatar had been treated in such a way.

He pondered, "So, something like the magical equivalent of a mancatcher or lasso, then?"

"Yes exactly or just the good old fashioned grabbing that thing and pining it down."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:41 pm

Sorry, it was a bad choice of words: leave me be, and i shall not disturb you further. I know decay is part of the the cycle, is needed and we must respect it he said, lowering his sword. THose servants that have another kind of spirit inside are agents that want to bring forth the destruction of the world. Unlike you, that are a part of the cycle, that are the decay in order to bring space to the new things. This mages and the wyrm have gone crazy, they destroy to undo, to bring nothingness, to bring an end to the cycle.

"An end to the now? That we do not like, then we can never rest and our sisters in the ground can not take their place when the now is right for it."
One of the spirits said.
"Yes the Wyrm went mad and fell out of balance so this world is out of balance, but we are still what we are, and we are the decay in these walls. The ones with what we can not touch inside told us that some might come that would stop us from being what we are and we should stop them are you one of those that would stop us from being what we are?"
The other Umbrood asked in his creaky old voice.

Those who opose me bring the end, the nothingness, the corruption before it's time to all not to allow the cycle to continue, but to make it end and undo reality. That's what i face and i ask you to let me maintain the balance of the cycle. Please, attack me not and i will return them to the cycle to be cleansed and then i can be on my way.

"We do not wish the Cycle to end, there is a part of the now when it have and a new Cycle have taken it's place but that is not the now you live in..."
The first spirit said .
"If you are not here to change us or drive us from our home and our purpose as the other ones with that which we can not touch inside said, then we have no need to attack you, what you do otherwise we do not care about, it is not a part of our purpose."
The second Umbrood said as the pair begun to withdraw back into the walls.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:49 pm

"Do you need any help with that Sodalis?" Cara asked you when you started working on the fireplace

"Certainly, thank you," he said with a tired and reserved smile. "There might be some paper twists to start it up. We can take care of anything we've got in our pockets from the mission," he said.

"But yes it can be used to prevent something from happening in the field, but that is also the only reason for that method to be used, to put off the Paradox when something is so important you really can not deal with it right then and there."

"There is another reason I am concerned about a backlash in the field even beyond those we'd normally consider, which are bad enough." He frowned a little.

"I am not sure I can teach you this exact method then, but I can cast the rote for you if you wish, as for the Lesser Banishing ritual that can actually work...but may I as what type of Resonance is the problem, for usually one use a banishing earth pentagram for all four directions, and that can actually create more imbalance over time, you should alternate the pentagrams used during the ritual, if I may be so bold as to suggjest it."

"That's a good question...and a good suggestion. I have not even had time to take proper stock or meditate yet but I could employ that method to adjust it once I determine the imbalance. My general guess is though that I am lacking mostly in static, comparatively and have an excess of dynamic resonances with entropy somewhere in the middle." He looked thoughtfully at her. "Well, I suppose then trying that out first would be the best thing to do rather than to take a drastic measure unless I feel the need."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:07 pm

I don't intend to stop the cycle, but resume it. I want to stop the ones that would deprive you from the now. To do so, they have lied to you to protect them: that is the kind of things they do. He told the Spirits. Tane bowed to them in respect I thank you. Hopefully no one else will bother you. Could you tell me if there are more like who this one was? Tane said pointing to the corpse at his feet.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top