Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:57 pm

He reached out and took the notebook back, glancing down at Adjan's hand in a bit of surprise. He didn't pull away but he didn't seem to know what to do either, so he opted for a nod and a sad glance before turning to read over the note. He frowned a little more as he read it and then nodded, tearing the note out of the book. "Yes, that's...I think that's right. And I will need your support. I just needed...to talk to you for a moment about it." He read over the note again and folded it in half, then quartered it, looking sad but determined.

He sighed. "Alright, I have a few other things I need to attend to and I'm sure you do as well," he said, trying to gather himself back together. "Thank you for talking with me...I don't know what else is appropriate to say right now, but it helped." He stood up, putting the notebook away. "If you've got anything that needs burning, please do so before I smother it." Then he turned, reached the paper out towards the fire to burn it and remove anything left of it, trying to let those emotions that were not his but were now his and a part of them settle into something manageable, at the heels of his previous meditation.

// 2,4,2 - 8,3,5, same prime rote as before
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:04 am

"Well that makes sense, you may be right about that Mr Wainwright, bureaucrats have always been a blight on any society, they make good tools for us though, they are easy to use to cause decay and stagnation."
Colin grinned wryly, "Probably a consequence of too many witches spoiling the brew, in a manner of speaking... Every faction is a major player, after all, even Sleepers who don't realize there's such a vast all-out war. There's bound to be confusion and delays when so many plans clash..."

"I honestly do not know what would happen with her soul should Matty die, I hope that if someone kills her or she managed to take her suicide pill after being defeated it is someone else who have been her opponent and not you who I hope will make it out of this conflict alive."
He nodded, "Thank you... I hope that, should she die in the coming fight, her Avatar moves on and regains a more... stable, manageable form. It seemed... diminished, somehow, like a square peg whittled down to fit a round hole."

"I would have liked that Mr Wainwright, a honest fight with you would have been a glorious way to die if I lost and a good victory if I won, it is a shame that will not come to pass."
He smiled, "I am quite certain that in a one-on-one contest of magical skill and power, you would have had my head surprisingly quickly... I am man enough to acknowledge you as the stronger Mage. What I have, which has served me well, is luck, and a bit of advance warning. "

"I see so Ojan is dead then? That is a shame, he was a devout follower of our ideals, it is also unfortunate that Larson's hand was forced, we should have continued to operate in the shadows until our plans where ready to be put into action. I still hold hope though Mr Wainwright that we will win this, do not count your chickens just yet my good man, we are not done."
"Unfortunate for you, but very, very fortunate for us... and yes, it's still possible you might win - but for now, we have the momentum. It's on us to keep it until we've stopped Larson..."

"I hope you succeed I would like to hope fewer of my fellow Eaters of the Weak will suffer that fate in the future."
"Indeed... it is not just your fellows who have been made to suffer that; the practice has been... barbaric."

"Ah you assume it is due to the evils of the world we want to return to non existence Mr Wainwright? Yes sure for some that is the reason they come to us and begin to walk our path but for others we simply believe a state of complete non existence, the only way to be one with all possibility to be the most beautiful goal one can have. I do not wish to fix the world, even if it was perfect I would want it to end, existence is not natural, nothing should exist, the true state of the world is nothingness."
"No, I don't assume it's why you all want the world to be unmade. It is, however, the initial motivation I can more easily understand and sympathize with. But I do disagree with the natural state of the world; I believe it the natural state is flux. Constant change, with ebbs and flows, growth and shrinkage, life and death; it's all part of what the Euthanatoi call the Cycle."

"You might be spared? But she is a Nephandus, how can your faction let her be? Are you saying she will be welcomed among your ranks?"
"Not... easily. But there is precedent for Nephandi to be allowed partial membership in the Traditions, at least, to keep a non-hostile Mage with an Avatar too dangerous to attack alive, rather than kill them outright and let a still-dangerous Avatar be reborn to a widderslainte who winds up God-knows-where with an unpleasant disposition..."

"I hope that Stranger of Fetuses' Avatar is spared but I can not pray for more of my kind to be captured that would lower our chances, but if it do happen and many are taken prisoner and that lead to the girl being spared then at least some good came of it...but tell me why would your Traditions spare here even if there are many others sentenced to that rite? Will your Masters of Spirit get to tired? For I for once certainly intend to give them a fight even if it is a hopeless one."
"It's not the Masters of Spirit who will tire, but the public... Suffice to say there's a saturation point that may well be reached before the Masters might get to a twelve-year-old girl. There's a chance she can garner enough sympathy to get an extension for good behaviour... Infinitessimaly small, of course, but the chance is there..."

"Now when that is said yes Gabriel cared for that girl and he did keep her safe and in many ways she is a normal twelve year old child. It was strange to see him care for someone though, especially one who he had kidnapped and then tortured to death her mother...but I guess something about the kid reached him in some ways."
"Quite; if there's such a thing as a saving grace to save one's soul, she might be his. Then again, most monsters do seem to have some pet or dependant on whom they dote endlessly. Sometimes it can be hard to guess at what stirs inside a person..."

"Like I said you would make a good Nephandus Mr Wainwright, a very good one."
He smiled enigmatically, "Perhaps I did, once... and a fine Technocrat once, too... and a fine Traditionalist back during Teomom's time... and dozens, hundreds, thousands of other fine faction members, eventually caught by one of the opposition and flayed... Yet here I am..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:36 am

Ok, please calm down, you're in no danger now. Come, show me your restraints and i'll cut them. The ones that can walk follow me, i'll help the others. he said and started to cut their restraints and tried to lead them out to the cars. He tried to be specially careful with the girl tthat had been abused, but they got not a lot of time to spend on that.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:58 am

Adley:

He reached out and took the notebook back, glancing down at Adjan's hand in a bit of surprise. He didn't pull away but he didn't seem to know what to do either, so he opted for a nod and a sad glance before turning to read over the note.

Adjan did not have his hand on your arm for long, he knew that often made you uncomfortable he just put it there for a moment as a show of support before letting go as you started to read his note.

He frowned a little more as he read it and then nodded, tearing the note out of the book. "Yes, that's...I think that's right. And I will need your support. I just needed...to talk to you for a moment about it." He read over the note again and folded it in half, then quartered it, looking sad but determined.

The Euthanatos regarded you for a moment more, sadness in in storm gray eyes.
"I am here when you need me my friend and I will offer what support I can, though it is hard to ease such a burden."
He said softly as he watched you tear up the paper that had been used for the notes.

He sighed. "Alright, I have a few other things I need to attend to and I'm sure you do as well," he said, trying to gather himself back together. "Thank you for talking with me...I don't know what else is appropriate to say right now, but it helped."

"I do have tasks yes, but I understand and if you need to talk with me again about this, come and find me."
Adjan said softly.
"All I can do is say I understand the situation you are in."
He muttered sadly.

He stood up, putting the notebook away. "If you've got anything that needs burning, please do so before I smother it." Then he turned, reached the paper out towards the fire to burn it and remove anything left of it, trying to let those emotions that were not his but were now his and a part of them settle into something manageable, at the heels of his previous meditation.

"I do not have anything I need to burn."
The Euthanathos said as he watched you get rid of the notebook papers and cast your rote. The magick was not that easy to get going in your current state of mind but it was a rote you had cast so many times it was becoming habit and you did manage to make reality obey and banish from those notes what tied them to you and to Adjan. Your Avatar felt sad, and enraged but you did manage to get a little more balance, just a little or now, perhaps that found a mournful sense of completion at the thought of at least be able to offer Carmon a end to his suffering...perhaps...

Colin:

Colin grinned wryly, "Probably a consequence of too many witches spoiling the brew, in a manner of speaking... Every faction is a major player, after all, even Sleepers who don't realize there's such a vast all-out war. There's bound to be confusion and delays when so many plans clash..."

"That is true but we manage to have the same clashes and political idiocies in our own society and we only have three factions, still there are political conflicts between those three, especially between the Infernalists and the rest, and also between Laberynths, I also doubt the bloody Union do not have their internal conflicts as well, it is everywhere."

He nodded, "Thank you... I hope that, should she die in the coming fight, her Avatar moves on and regains a more... stable, manageable form. It seemed... diminished, somehow, like a square peg whittled down to fit a round hole."

Jodelle sigh.
"I do not know if reincarnation will make Matty's soul recover, she made a deal, and her price, her investment was that she would never be helpless as her former Mentor was when they...well you know, things beyond this world took her Avatar and made it into a weapon..."
She muttered softly.
"And the child was never the same since...investments give you what you ask for, but often there are a gruesome twist to it."

He smiled, "I am quite certain that in a one-on-one contest of magical skill and power, you would have had my head surprisingly quickly... I am man enough to acknowledge you as the stronger Mage. What I have, which has served me well, is luck, and a bit of advance warning. "

"If I had you right in front of me, ready to cast a spell at you then yes I would be able to kill you with ease, but if the stage was not quite so clear cut, something tells me you are resourceful, and hell magick is not everything, my downfall, literary, was a angry little man who kicked me in the head."
The Nephandus said with a wry smirk.
"Admittedly not my finest moment, I had hoped for something more...dramatic."

"Unfortunate for you, but very, very fortunate for us... and yes, it's still possible you might win - but for now, we have the momentum. It's on us to keep it until we've stopped Larson..."

"I guess we are going to have to see then Mr Wainwright who ends up winning in the end, for now though it seams that luck is on your side."

"Indeed... it is not just your fellows who have been made to suffer that; the practice has been... barbaric."

"No I guess you do it to one another as well..."
The bound Nephandus muttered darkly.

"No, I don't assume it's why you all want the world to be unmade. It is, however, the initial motivation I can more easily understand and sympathize with. But I do disagree with the natural state of the world; I believe it the natural state is flux. Constant change, with ebbs and flows, growth and shrinkage, life and death; it's all part of what the Euthanatoi call the Cycle."

"I...did not come to the Nephandi wanting the world to be unmade. I came to this side because they could offer me something no one else could...it was after I had been with the Nephandi for a while I begun to long for the sweetness on non existence, very few desire that before they join our side."
Jodelle said softly.
"I was widderslainte I had some dark tendencies but it was not my original motivation. It do seam that our views on the world is rather polar opposites though Mr Wainwright."

"Not... easily. But there is precedent for Nephandi to be allowed partial membership in the Traditions, at least, to keep a non-hostile Mage with an Avatar too dangerous to attack alive, rather than kill them outright and let a still-dangerous Avatar be reborn to a widderslainte who winds up God-knows-where with an unpleasant disposition..."

"Ah yes...you are talking about Master Ir, it was a great loss when he suddenly left us, bah I was wondering what had happened to him, so he is still alive eh and with the Traditions, well well, better than the alternative I guess."
Jodelle muttered.

"It's not the Masters of Spirit who will tire, but the public... Suffice to say there's a saturation point that may well be reached before the Masters might get to a twelve-year-old girl. There's a chance she can garner enough sympathy to get an extension for good behaviour... Infinitessimaly small, of course, but the chance is there..."

"Ah yes several Gilgul in a row might make the population of the Traditions...uneasy...I guess it would every mage we all like to think it will never happen to us, that it can not happen to us, to many reminders that indeed it can even if it is right now used against the enemy is not easy for the peace of mind of anyone I guess."
The Nephandus said softly then she muttered.
"I even like to imagine it can not happen to me even if I am rather quickly being forced to accept that it can in this situation. In any case I hope the girl makes it, even if her chances are not great."

"Quite; if there's such a thing as a saving grace to save one's soul, she might be his. Then again, most monsters do seem to have some pet or dependant on whom they dote endlessly. Sometimes it can be hard to guess at what stirs inside a person..."

"I guess you are right, well in either case for some reason Gabriel treated his apprentice well, possibly because of her skills, he saw she would make a good tool, and possibly because he truly did care for her, or a little of both."

He smiled enigmatically, "Perhaps I did, once... and a fine Technocrat once, too... and a fine Traditionalist back during Teomom's time... and dozens, hundreds, thousands of other fine faction members, eventually caught by one of the opposition and flayed... Yet here I am..."

Jodelle gave you a rather confused look then she eventually nodded.
"You are a peculiar one Mr Wainwright...I can not quite put my finger on you, well or anyone else right at the moment as I am tied to a bed but that is beside the point...ever the odd man out in your own faction eh?"
She said with a bit of a grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:07 am

Ok, please calm down, you're in no danger now. Come, show me your restraints and i'll cut them. The ones that can walk follow me, i'll help the others. he said and started to cut their restraints and tried to lead them out to the cars. He tried to be specially careful with the girl tthat had been abused, but they got not a lot of time to spend on that.

The old Etherite nodded and turned around, his hands where bound with regular rope what had restrained their magick was probably the ward on this room, and being prevented from using their foci, his hands where all but blue though and the ropes had dug into his wrists. The old man winced slightly when the ropes was undone.
"Thank you young man."
He muttered and rubbed his wrists.
"I...I can walk but not far."
He added in a tired tone of voice and looked around fearfully.

The Marauder girl looked at you with her large brown eyes when she saw you and muttered.
"The short, dark skinned knight came into the room, ready to free the princess and her new friends after his daringly had slayed the dragons guarding her cage, he was a painted man and the princess found herself wondering who he was."
She did not pull away from you but it was clear she needed a doctor's care with all the cuts and bruises on her and who knew what injuries you could not see.
"She talks like that, do not be alarmed young man, she seams to see the world as a storybook and speaks as if she is narrating it."
The old Etherite said, he gently helped Maya to her feet as you helped the Enforcer free. The Quesitor simply looked at you for a moment.
"Thank you."
He muttered as he got to his feet.

You come out of the make shift cell with the hostages and see Antonio working on the Nephandus you had just fraught. Writing quickly in his notebook and seemingly in deep concentration. Helga came over to you.
"Are these them Mr Karyak? Let us get them to the car for now, and then come back for whoever of our enemies survived."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:01 am

We got our cars in the parking lot just in front of us. He said as he helped them all.
I am ser Tane of the New Zealand. I'll take you to a healer, my princess he said with a smile.

Tane saw the Quaesitor and said nothing. He had to say things to the monster, but now it was not the time.
THey are this ones, we need a doctor for two of them, but regular healing just will do.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:03 am

"I am here when you need me my friend and I will offer what support I can, though it is hard to ease such a burden." He said softly as he watched you tear up the paper that had been used for the notes.

"Thank you. That's all I could really ask."

"I do have tasks yes, but I understand and if you need to talk with me again about this, come and find me." Adjan said softly."All I can do is say I understand the situation you are in." He muttered sadly.

He nodded. "Very well, please do take care of yourself also," he said, and smothered the fire again carefully. "And I will." Then he stood up and brushed the ashes off of his fingers. It reminded him of how his avatar had felt when he was talking about Carmon's former mentor, he assumed it was the same man who made him a vampire but it was best to check on such things. He sighed as he stood up again, sadness and anger lingering around the edges of his perceptions and watched the smoke curl upwards. For now what had been addressed would stand. He gave Adjan another nod and added, "Or you will find me." Then he turned and went back out of the room, and down again to where the vampire girl was supposed to be staying.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:47 am

Tane:

We got our cars in the parking lot just in front of us. He said as he helped them all.

"Thank you Mr Karyak."
The Quesitor said, he was probably the one of the trio who was most able to walk on his own, the two others where rather badly hurt, they did follow you out of the cell though the Etherite walked with some difficulty and you saw in his eyes that he was in allot of pain. The Marauder girl limped badly.

I am ser Tane of the New Zealand. I'll take you to a healer, my princess he said with a smile

"The princess was grateful to the good knight that had come from far across the sea to rescue her and her new companions and his offer to bring her to a healer filled her with relief, the princess was however more concerned with her new friends, they needed their injuries tended to as well."
Maya said and offered you a bright smile, she might not completely understand the situation around her wrapped up in her own reality as she was. Dreamspeakers had never been afraid of the Mad Ones, they saw wisdom in the other realities the Marauders lived in an would not harm a Marauder unless the Mad One proved to be an actual threat. This was a point of conflict between the Shamans and the rest of the Traditions who saw the Mad Ones as enemies.

Tane saw the Quaesitor and said nothing. He had to say things to the monster, but now it was not the time.

The Enforcer said nothing but he glanced at you as he got to his feet with some difficulty.

THey are this ones, we need a doctor for two of them, but regular healing just will do.

"Let us get them to the Chantry, one of the Verbena can take care of them. I am not a skilled healer and if I try to heal them I can end up making their injuries unable to be healed and we needs to get out of here for now."
Antonio said and got to his feet and shook his head.
"This one is gone, the other one in the hallway might survive it is hard to say but...Cadence...she will live."
He muttered softly and looked down sadly.

Maya turned away from the dead man on the floor and gasped.
"The princess walked though the dark castle with her savior and her companions and met up with two of his friends, then she saw the dead body of one of the terrible dragons but now dead and bleeding she felt pity for it, she did not like to see such suffering."
The Marauder said. Antonio raised an eyebrow.
"The Marauder girl?"
He asked you.
"I have some of that serum that blocks magickal abilities we are going to have to dose the two...Nephandi and this girl before she do something dangerous."
He said sadly and Maya looked scared at that and hid behind you.

Adley:

"Thank you. That's all I could really ask."

Adjan nodded he looked at you with his soulful eyes not knowing what else he could say to offer any comfort.

He nodded. "Very well, please do take care of yourself also," he said, and smothered the fire again carefully. "And I will." Then he stood up and brushed the ashes off of his fingers. It reminded him of how his avatar had felt when he was talking about Carmon's former mentor, he assumed it was the same man who made him a vampire but it was best to check on such things.

"I will take care of myself."
Adjan said and gave you a smile.
"I will not ask you if you are alright Adley, I can see you are not, all I can do is to say I am here if you need anything."
He muttered softly.

He sighed as he stood up again, sadness and anger lingering around the edges of his perceptions and watched the smoke curl upwards. For now what had been addressed would stand. He gave Adjan another nod and added, "Or you will find me." Then he turned and went back out of the room, and down again to where the vampire girl was supposed to be staying.

Adjan give you a nod as you leave. You go down to the basement and after some looking around find the room the Nosferatu girl was held in. You see one of the hedge wizards you had seen earlier on guard duty, a pretty black girl with jaw length curly hair wearing a red dress the woman gave you a bit of a glance when she saw you.
"Are you here to see our...guest...I was told someone would come to talk with her."
The guard asked.
"One of the Mercere is inside with her."
She informed you.
"You must be one of our visitors from Boston, my name is Betty Ilda third degree member of House Bonisagus, let me know if you need anything."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:10 am

"That is true but we manage to have the same clashes and political idiocies in our own society and we only have three factions, still there are political conflicts between those three, especially between the Infernalists and the rest, and also between Laberynths, I also doubt the bloody Union do not have their internal conflicts as well, it is everywhere."
Colin smiled, "In other words, it seems to be human nature to build organizations designed to gum up the works, magic or no magic..."

"I do not know if reincarnation will make Matty's soul recover, she made a deal, and her price, her investment was that she would never be helpless as her former Mentor was when they...well you know, things beyond this world took her Avatar and made it into a weapon..."
He frowned, "As a hypothetical, if her Avatar and Matty were to be successfully restrained for... that, what would happen to her investments? Would her soul still be in hock if her, hm, patron failed to deliver?"

"If I had you right in front of me, ready to cast a spell at you then yes I would be able to kill you with ease, but if the stage was not quite so clear cut, something tells me you are resourceful, and hell magick is not everything, my downfall, literary, was a angry little man who kicked me in the head."
He grinned, "The unofficial motto of the SAS - 'If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already made a mistake.' A formal duel is a very good way to test a single aspect of ability; a fight outside those constraints tests every ability... I might not be able to take you head on, but I could probably be able to hide well enough for an efficient ambush. And yes, my Cabalmate was rather... surprising in his righteous fury; it's a side of him I'd never seen before."

"No I guess you do it to one another as well..."
"Less frequently, but no less cruel and vicious... And the greater tragedy is, I'm not convinced it actually works like advertised, either, making it a lot more needlessly cruel..."

"I...did not come to the Nephandi wanting the world to be unmade. I came to this side because they could offer me something no one else could...it was after I had been with the Nephandi for a while I begun to long for the sweetness on non existence, very few desire that before they join our side."
He nodded, reminiscing, "I did not join the Traditions to fight the Ascension War... I came here to heal the mental scars from another war; the one that saw me Awaken in the first place... I could as easily have become a Technocrat back then, but I found the Traditions first, and received the help I needed. Had the Union found me, I might have received similar aid, or I might have become one of their cyborgs. Had the Nephandi been the one to find me... well, how likely do you think it would be for me to have a scarred psyche healed in your care?"

"Ah yes...you are talking about Master Ir, it was a great loss when he suddenly left us, bah I was wondering what had happened to him, so he is still alive eh and with the Traditions, well well, better than the alternative I guess."
He smiled, "Quite; your loss is our gain. I understand he is the second greatest Master of Spirits we have. That may or may not be accurate, of course..."

"Ah yes several Gilgul in a row might make the population of the Traditions...uneasy...I guess it would every mage we all like to think it will never happen to us, that it can not happen to us, to many reminders that indeed it can even if it is right now used against the enemy is not easy for the peace of mind of anyone I guess."
"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out - because I was not a Socialist... I think we need to be shaken up like that, really..."

"I guess you are right, well in either case for some reason Gabriel treated his apprentice well, possibly because of her skills, he saw she would make a good tool, and possibly because he truly did care for her, or a little of both."
He smiled, "She is certainly the swiftest Awakened counterspeller I have met; I'll give her that - he taught her well in that regard."

"You are a peculiar one Mr Wainwright...I can not quite put my finger on you, well or anyone else right at the moment as I am tied to a bed but that is beside the point...ever the odd man out in your own faction eh?"
He grinned, "I will say to you what I said to the resident Security Chief... Please don't put your finger on my Avatar; I don't know where that finger has been."

He cleared his throat, "Now, Jodelle, I'm sorry I disrupted your sleep to scare you like that - but I rather needed those answers. I hope the rest of the night sees you sleeping comfortably, and that you can get some peace and quiet."
He pondered, "Oh, yes, by the way, that bag of Tass you had when we caught you? It has proven most useful; disgusting stuff, but I've found a little trick to use it without contracting resonance from it... I thought you might like to know that Jhor is no longer an inevitable consequence of your particular brand of Tass..."
He picked up the gag, "I'm afraid I'll have to return this... Anything else you'd like to get off your chest first? A breakfast request for tomorrow, perhaps?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Colin smiled, "In other words, it seems to be human nature to build organizations designed to gum up the works, magic or no magic..."

"You may be right about that, perhaps it is our inability to work together in larger groups."
Jodelle muttered.

He frowned, "As a hypothetical, if her Avatar and Matty were to be successfully restrained for... that, what would happen to her investments? Would her soul still be in hock if her, hm, patron failed to deliver?"

"Hum...good question I do not know, it depend on the deal between Matty and her patron and that is rather private, she have not told me, I suspect either nothing would happen and her soul would remain as is through it all, or her patron would try to do something to stop the ritual. I believe the girl's Avatar is permanently changed but I am not sure, Avatars was never my strong suit I prefer to work with spirits."
The Nephandus said and frowned.

He grinned, "The unofficial motto of the SAS - 'If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already made a mistake.' A formal duel is a very good way to test a single aspect of ability; a fight outside those constraints tests every ability... I might not be able to take you head on, but I could probably be able to hide well enough for an efficient ambush. And yes, my Cabalmate was rather... surprising in his righteous fury; it's a side of him I'd never seen before."

"Well I do not blame your Cabalmate I should have been more alert, I did not expect him to kick me, magick and bullets I expected not his bloody feet and now I am paying the price for being inattentive...well in either case I would have like to have such a show down with you Mr Wainwright it would have been interesting I think."
Jodelle said and gave you a bit of a grin.

"Less frequently, but no less cruel and vicious... And the greater tragedy is, I'm not convinced it actually works like advertised, either, making it a lot more needlessly cruel..."

"How do you think it work then if you do not think it destroys an Avatar?"
Jodelle asked and raised an eyebrow.
"For if it is a chance it do not then I would very much like to know right now."

He nodded, reminiscing, "I did not join the Traditions to fight the Ascension War... I came here to heal the mental scars from another war; the one that saw me Awaken in the first place... I could as easily have become a Technocrat back then, but I found the Traditions first, and received the help I needed. Had the Union found me, I might have received similar aid, or I might have become one of their cyborgs. Had the Nephandi been the one to find me... well, how likely do you think it would be for me to have a scarred psyche healed in your care?"

"With us most likely your mental scars would have been shaped to make them a perfect weapon for you...but yes I do see your point. I...never choose to join either faction originally I was just an Orphan trying to get by when a Hermetic found me, he took me prisoner and told me he knew my secret, knew what I was and would turn me in unless I worked for him, so for many years I served him as a slave, he was not cruel to me, he seldom hurt me and I had enough to eat and he let me develop my powers...when I reached 30 he begun to give me Longevity potions to keep me young, it would not do to let one's favorite toy age. I was rather...adjusted to the situation but then I fell in love with another custos, I was allowed to marry and we did. I wanted children and we tried for so long but then I learned that the potions the Hermetic had been feeding me, they made me sterile, it was not some cruel trick it is just how Hermetic Longevity potions work. I grieved for what I would never have and then when a demon made me a offer to give me children I...accepted, only what I got was not the baby I wanted...but they where my children non the less and joining the Nephandi made me give fully into my widderslainte nature...so well, none of it was intentional but I am who I am now regardless."
The women muttered, not betraying much emotions about her tale.

He smiled, "Quite; your loss is our gain. I understand he is the second greatest Master of Spirits we have. That may or may not be accurate, of course..."

"I have only met Master Ir a couple of times, he scared the hell out of me then, but yes I do believe it was Spirit that was his thing if we are going to use the Traditionalist term for it."

"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out - because I was not a Socialist... I think we need to be shaken up like that, really..."

"Oh I am all for shaking up Traditionalists..."
Jodelle said with a delighted grin.

He smiled, "She is certainly the swiftest Awakened counterspeller I have met; I'll give her that - he taught her well in that regard."

"Indeed, she is a talented child, very talented, and yes Gabriel was a good teacher to her, if nothing else he was that. It would be a shame if that talent where to get destroyed."

He grinned, "I will say to you what I said to the resident Security Chief... Please don't put your finger on my Avatar; I don't know where that finger has been."

"Well if you knew where my finger have been Mr Wainwright I do believe that would be a major crime in your society but I'll tell you this, it have been far more interesting places that your Security Chief's didgits have been."
Jodelle said and gave you a bit of a grin.

He cleared his throat, "Now, Jodelle, I'm sorry I disrupted your sleep to scare you like that - but I rather needed those answers. I hope the rest of the night sees you sleeping comfortably, and that you can get some peace and quiet."

"I live in a Labyrinth Mr Wainwright I have been woken up by worst scares, and like I said my Avatar would rather be eaten like the bits of forest god he sees inside of you than be killed for the viewing pleasure of the crowds. As for comfortable sleep, I have had better given that I am tied down but I thank you for the sentiment. As for information it seams I again have fallen into the trap of oversharing with you...you are quite a dangerous man when you want to be."
She grumbled.

He pondered, "Oh, yes, by the way, that bag of Tass you had when we caught you? It has proven most useful; disgusting stuff, but I've found a little trick to use it without contracting resonance from it... I thought you might like to know that Jhor is no longer an inevitable consequence of your particular brand of Tass..."

"Ah you have been using my Tass have you...and you have found a way to do it safely you cheeky bastard, I have a feeling you have been using my Tass to act against my allies..."
Jodelle said and looked at you in annoyance but then she gave you a bit of a smile.
"Well played Mr Wainwright...well played."

He picked up the gag, "I'm afraid I'll have to return this... Anything else you'd like to get off your chest first? A breakfast request for tomorrow, perhaps?"

Jodelle eyed the gag for a moment it was clear that it was becoming rather uncomfortable for her.
"Yes I suppose you have to Mr Wainwright...as for breakfast...I do not know, egg and bacon perhaps, there is little point in me watching my lines right about now. Well thank you for the chat my good man even if you managed to get more information out of it than I wanted you to."
She said and opened her mouth so you could place the gag, you heard her jaw joins protest with a little popping sound of tired, strained musculature as she did so.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:19 pm

"Hum...good question I do not know, it depend on the deal between Matty and her patron and that is rather private, she have not told me, I suspect either nothing would happen and her soul would remain as is through it all, or her patron would try to do something to stop the ritual. I believe the girl's Avatar is permanently changed but I am not sure, Avatars was never my strong suit I prefer to work with spirits."
Colin sighed, "So it looks as though we'll have to restrain them both and examine it closely before doing whatever ends up being necessary... Well, I can only hope it ends up relatively painless. I feel sorry for the poor thing; it was very much unhappy with what had been done to it, and still it wished only to protect Matty."

"Well I do not blame your Cabalmate I should have been more alert, I did not expect him to kick me, magick and bullets I expected not his bloody feet and now I am paying the price for being inattentive...well in either case I would have like to have such a show down with you Mr Wainwright it would have been interesting I think."
He grinned, for a moment almost ferally, "Well, to paraphrase one Master whose acquaintance I just might make soon, a young, creative Initiate is scarier than a centuries-old Master with a well-rehearsed repertoire... It's impressive how much one can do with just a bit of luck and primal fire, really."

"How do you think it work then if you do not think it destroys an Avatar?"
Jodelle asked and raised an eyebrow.
"For if it is a chance it do not then I would very much like to know right now."
He frowned, "The common understanding of it seems to be that it permanently destroys an Avatar by tearing it into so small fragments that it can never reincarnate. My... hunch is that that assumption is oncorrect - time is neither so linear nor absolute, perhaps, and... well, to put it in simpler terms, when water evaporates and becomes gaseous, does it truly never return to a liquid state?"

"With us most likely your mental scars would have been shaped to make them a perfect weapon for you...but yes I do see your point. I...never choose to join either faction originally I was just an Orphan trying to get by when a Hermetic found me, he took me prisoner and told me he knew my secret, knew what I was and would turn me in unless I worked for him, so for many years I served him as a slave, he was not cruel to me, he seldom hurt me and I had enough to eat and he let me develop my powers...when I reached 30 he begun to give me Longevity potions to keep me young, it would not do to let one's favorite toy age. I was rather...adjusted to the situation but then I fell in love with another custos, I was allowed to marry and we did. I wanted children and we tried for so long but then I learned that the potions the Hermetic had been feeding me, they made me sterile, it was not some cruel trick it is just how Hermetic Longevity potions work. I grieved for what I would never have and then when a demon made me a offer to give me children I...accepted, only what I got was not the baby I wanted...but they where my children non the less and joining the Nephandi made me give fully into my widderslainte nature...so well, none of it was intentional but I am who I am now regardless."
He frowned, "That... is a hell of a story. I wish I could have said it sounded incredible, but I have encountered a few such Hermetics who have, well... not operated entirely in accordance with the law. Pray tell, who was that Hermetic, and does he yet live?"

"Oh I am all for shaking up Traditionalists..."
He snorted, "Somehow, I think your definition of shaking us up is a lot more fatal than mine."

"Well if you knew where my finger have been Mr Wainwright I do believe that would be a major crime in your society but I'll tell you this, it have been far more interesting places that your Security Chief's didgits have been."
He chuckled, "Oh, dear, let me guess, the lights went out, and you had to feel your way along the Labyrinth walls, didn't you? You could risk poking an eye out like that, you know."

"I live in a Labyrinth Mr Wainwright I have been woken up by worst scares, and like I said my Avatar would rather be eaten like the bits of forest god he sees inside of you than be killed for the viewing pleasure of the crowds. As for comfortable sleep, I have had better given that I am tied down but I thank you for the sentiment. As for information it seams I again have fallen into the trap of oversharing with you...you are quite a dangerous man when you want to be."
He arched an eyebrow, then smiled, "Forest god, now? Intriguing... Hm, but you are welcome. And... Quid pro quo, I suppose; I've told you a few things that might fall into the same category. Perhaps."

"Ah you have been using my Tass have you...and you have found a way to do it safely you cheeky bastard, I have a feeling you have been using my Tass to act against my allies..."
He replied without even a hint of smugness, "Very much so; it makes for a very... distinct flavour to whatever effect I put it towards - primal fire in particular looks incredibly hideous... but that resonance seems so far to be neutralized in its entirety through that act of creation. I have hopes that that little trick can be more universally applied to safely handle all kinds of heavily resonated quintessence, actually... Oh, and by the way, I must thank you for your research notes; they gave me an idea that might soothe a Cabalmate... As my Avatar is soothed by the presence of slightly Static Tass, my Widderslainte Cabalmate's Avatar might be soothed by the presence of Qlippothic Tass."

"Yes I suppose you have to Mr Wainwright...as for breakfast...I do not know, egg and bacon perhaps, there is little point in me watching my lines right about now. Well thank you for the chat my good man even if you managed to get more information out of it than I wanted you to."
He smiled, "I'm sure the resident chef will be able to arrange something you'll like. She rather has a knack for it. I'll make sure to leave her a note about it. And... well, what can I say? I bared my soul to you, and it paid off."
He gently tied the gag - slightly less forcefully than it had previously been, but still not so loose that she could move it - and gave a small bow before stepping outside the cell again, feeling the magic flow naturally again. Closing the door behind him, he turned to Patricia with a small smile, "So, miss Tavo, how much were you eavesdropping on that little conversation?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:49 pm

Colin sighed, "So it looks as though we'll have to restrain them both and examine it closely before doing whatever ends up being necessary... Well, I can only hope it ends up relatively painless. I feel sorry for the poor thing; it was very much unhappy with what had been done to it, and still it wished only to protect Matty."

"You know it will not be painless, if your side catch Matty, unless they decide that the only safe option is to kill her...it will be excruciating."
Jodelle said sadly and sigh, it was clear she at least had some concern for her young apprentice.
"I can only hope the girl do not get herself caught and that if you do catch her that death will be swift...afterwards...that she is not kept alive a prisoner for interrogation."
She muttered darkly.

He grinned, for a moment almost ferally, "Well, to paraphrase one Master whose acquaintance I just might make soon, a young, creative Initiate is scarier than a centuries-old Master with a well-rehearsed repertoire... It's impressive how much one can do with just a bit of luck and primal fire, really."

"Well this Master is right, and I should have kept that in min and perhaps I would not be here right now, enjoying the Traditions' hospitality."
Jodelle said and sigh.
"I grew to confident in my significant power, and I am paying the price for it by loosing that power entirely, it is almost poetic."
She added bitterly.

He frowned, "The common understanding of it seems to be that it permanently destroys an Avatar by tearing it into so small fragments that it can never reincarnate. My... hunch is that that assumption is oncorrect - time is neither so linear nor absolute, perhaps, and... well, to put it in simpler terms, when water evaporates and becomes gaseous, does it truly never return to a liquid state?"

"That...thought give me a great deal of comfort right now Mr Wainwright...I do not know if you are correct but the thought makes things...easier..."
The Nephandus muttered and looked at you, giving you a slight smile.

He frowned, "That... is a hell of a story. I wish I could have said it sounded incredible, but I have encountered a few such Hermetics who have, well... not operated entirely in accordance with the law. Pray tell, who was that Hermetic, and does he yet live?"

"I do not know if he still lives, he did when I left for the Nephandi...I..."
Jodelle hesitated.
"You have to understand even if I was not there willingly and he robbed me of much I was with this man for many years, and if it becomes known he sheltered a widderslainte he might...well he might join me in the Main Sentencing Hall...part of me want revenge and you are presenting me with a perfect opportunity for a last jab at and old enemy but another part of me...do not not want to condemn him to such a fate, a good solid kick to the balls...yes...killing him...yes...but what might happen to a Traditionalist that harbors a widderslainte...no I...do not know if I can do that."
She muttered and looked away as if she was fighting with herself over this matter.

He snorted, "Somehow, I think your definition of shaking us up is a lot more fatal than mine.

Jodelle gave you her best attempt at an innocent smile, which where not really that innocent looking especially giving her deformities and investment marks.

He chuckled, "Oh, dear, let me guess, the lights went out, and you had to feel your way along the Labyrinth walls, didn't you? You could risk poking an eye out like that, you know."

"It is not eyes that are the worst thing to accidentally poke along a Labyrinth wall Mr Wainwright if your scenario about what happens when we have a power failure where to be correct."
Jodelle said and grinned.

He arched an eyebrow, then smiled, "Forest god, now? Intriguing... Hm, but you are welcome. And... Quid pro quo, I suppose; I've told you a few things that might fall into the same category. Perhaps."

"That is what he tells me...and yes you have given me some information as well, but I can not tactically use it for very much unless I get out of this bind I find myself in."

He replied without even a hint of smugness, "Very much so; it makes for a very... distinct flavour to whatever effect I put it towards - primal fire in particular looks incredibly hideous... but that resonance seems so far to be neutralized in its entirety through that act of creation. I have hopes that that little trick can be more universally applied to safely handle all kinds of heavily resonated quintessence, actually...

"Hum...an interesting rote not many mages make significant discoveries this young...though then again I look younger than you are so who am I to truly know your age..."
The Nephandus said and nodded.
"Well done though it do smart a bit that you are using the Tass I harvested to go against my own allies...I shall admit that do indeed smart a bit."

Oh, and by the way, I must thank you for your research notes; they gave me an idea that might soothe a Cabalmate... As my Avatar is soothed by the presence of slightly Static Tass, my Widderslainte Cabalmate's Avatar might be soothed by the presence of Qlippothic Tass."

"A widderslainte Cabalmate? Really now that is a surprise."
Jodelle said and raised an eyebrow.
"A widderslainte Cabalmate with a Avatar in need of soothing, something done to it or to much Paradox? This Cabalmate of yours have a powerful Mentor then if they are allowed to live? But yes in my experience and like I said while I am what you would call a Master of Spirit I am far better with Umbroods than souls, but when I experimented on the Cultist girl, a bit of corrupted Tass would sometimes soothe her afterwards, at least a little."

He smiled, "I'm sure the resident chef will be able to arrange something you'll like. She rather has a knack for it. I'll make sure to leave her a note about it. And... well, what can I say? I bared my soul to you, and it paid off."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
The captured Nephandus muttered about the food then she sigh and looked up at the roof.
"It is a point of shame for me, that I would be weak enough that I would be swayed by a bit of comfort and kindness, even in the situation I find myself in. I have known all my life that one day chances are the Traditions would find me...I thought I was prepared to face it and not flinch and definitively not be moved by someone treating me with compassion but I guess I am just an old woman after all in need of a bit of companionship in her final hours...and that is...shameful."

He gently tied the gag - slightly less forcefully than it had previously been, but still not so loose that she could move it - and gave a small bow before stepping outside the cell again, feeling the magic flow naturally again.

Jodelle looked at you as you tied the gag around her head, she cough slightly but did not resist. You get back out of the cell and it feel like coming out into fresh air and sunlight again after having been in an dirty, smog filled tunnel for miles, the insides of that little room really felt like being locked in a tiny box with no lightly and hardly any air.

Closing the door behind him, he turned to Patricia with a small smile, "So, miss Tavo, how much were you eavesdropping on that little conversation?"

"I heard parts of the conversation though the door off course, but I did not try to eavesdrop, that is not my job Mr Wainwright."
Patricia said sounding slightly insulted.
"Did you get what you needed from the Nephandus?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:36 pm

"I can only hope the girl do not get herself caught and that if you do catch her that death will be swift...afterwards...that she is not kept alive a prisoner for interrogation."
Colin nodded, "I will show her what mercy I can... I can promise nothing more."

"I grew to confident in my significant power, and I am paying the price for it by loosing that power entirely, it is almost poetic."
"Well, if nothing else, consider it a lesson shared. Power is just a tool, and sometimes not even the right tool..."

"That...thought give me a great deal of comfort right now Mr Wainwright...I do not know if you are correct but the thought makes things...easier..."
"It makes some sense, what with the few stories I've heard about a place in the Umbra where fragments of Avatars gather... If you saw the movie Watchmen, or read the comic it was based on, Dr. Manhattan would be the best parallel to the concept."

"You have to understand even if I was not there willingly and he robbed me of much I was with this man for many years, and if it becomes known he sheltered a widderslainte he might...well he might join me in the Main Sentencing Hall...part of me want revenge and you are presenting me with a perfect opportunity for a last jab at and old enemy but another part of me...do not not want to condemn him to such a fate, a good solid kick to the balls...yes...killing him...yes...but what might happen to a Traditionalist that harbors a widderslainte...no I...do not know if I can do that."
He nodded, "I understand... And yes, he would likely be joining you on the proverbial chopping block. I just have a sinking feeling about his identity - nothing i can put my finger on, just the peculiar turns and twists this story has taken... You don't have to tell me here and now, but if you see him there, perhaps you could consider crying out?"

"It is not eyes that are the worst thing to accidentally poke along a Labyrinth wall Mr Wainwright if your scenario about what happens when we have a power failure where to be correct."
He snorted, "I've seen the inside of one of your Battlecruisers. I'd honestly be less worried about poking the wall than the wall poking me back."

"Hum...an interesting rote not many mages make significant discoveries this young...though then again I look younger than you are so who am I to truly know your age..."
He grinned, "Well, I can say this much - I was a mundane military officer during Desert Storm. My magic and dashing good looks are both courtest of a Stinger missile to the face back then."

"A widderslainte Cabalmate with a Avatar in need of soothing, something done to it or to much Paradox? This Cabalmate of yours have a powerful Mentor then if they are allowed to live? But yes in my experience and like I said while I am what you would call a Master of Spirit I am far better with Umbroods than souls, but when I experimented on the Cultist girl, a bit of corrupted Tass would sometimes soothe her afterwards, at least a little."
He smiled sadly, "Remember how I gave such a vivid description of that ritual? That was her... saved by a document showing legal precedent. Yes, her mentor is brilliant, and she herself is about as vicious as a sedated kitten, but right now she is in a great deal of discomfort... and your insights might help her pull through."

"It is a point of shame for me, that I would be weak enough that I would be swayed by a bit of comfort and kindness, even in the situation I find myself in. I have known all my life that one day chances are the Traditions would find me...I thought I was prepared to face it and not flinch and definitively not be moved by someone treating me with compassion but I guess I am just an old woman after all in need of a bit of companionship in her final hours...and that is...shameful."
He nodded, "There is no shame in needing companionship, everyone needs company, to be treated with a bit of respect and dignity. I may not be able to offer you the last mercy, but I can at least try to make things a little more comfortable toward the end..."

"I heard parts of the conversation though the door off course, but I did not try to eavesdrop, that is not my job Mr Wainwright."
He grinned, "I did not mean to chide you... you are standing guard, and I did not explicitly tell you that this was not a conversation you could hear. As a security matter, it would have been entirely prudent for you to listen in; she is capable and powerful Fallen warrior, after all. She might have made an excellent Flambeau, in fact..."
He tapped the side of his nose, winking, "Learning something useful about your enemies is never a bad idea, so long as you don't violate the Laws doing so. Unpleasant, sometimes, but ultimately almost always useful."

"Did you get what you needed from the Nephandus?"
"I did... I need to meditate on some of those answers, and some I must share with Chief Joakim... I bid you goodnight, and hope the rest of the watch remains eventless."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:11 pm

Colin nodded, "I will show her what mercy I can... I can promise nothing more."

"I can not ask anything more Mr Wainwright."
Jodelle said sadly.

"Well, if nothing else, consider it a lesson shared. Power is just a tool, and sometimes not even the right tool..."

"Yeah...it is not always the right tool..."
Jodelle muttered bitterly.
"Well I doubt many will learn many lessons from it but it is what it is."

"It makes some sense, what with the few stories I've heard about a place in the Umbra where fragments of Avatars gather... If you saw the movie Watchmen, or read the comic it was based on, Dr. Manhattan would be the best parallel to the concept."

"Hum...well it would not be that particular Avatar surviving but even so I guess it is better than nothing. I have not seen the movie or read comic you are talking about though but I think I understand the concept you are referring to non the less."

He nodded, "I understand... And yes, he would likely be joining you on the proverbial chopping block. I just have a sinking feeling about his identity - nothing i can put my finger on, just the peculiar turns and twists this story has taken... You don't have to tell me here and now, but if you see him there, perhaps you could consider crying out?"

"I...will consider it...I do not know how I would react if I saw him again to be honest with you...I do not know what I feel about him, part of me hates him but another part of me learned to care for him over all those years he kept me captive..."
The Nephandus said, sounding a bit uncertain and sad.

He snorted, "I've seen the inside of one of your Battlecruisers. I'd honestly be less worried about poking the wall than the wall poking me back."

"Well they do that, poke back, especially at apprentices who can not yet defend themselves properly, but you get used to it after a while and when you know to be prepared for it then things are usually easier...I am surprised you have seen one of our ships and lived though Mr Wainwright, you never run out of surprises do you?"

He grinned, "Well, I can say this much - I was a mundane military officer during Desert Storm. My magic and dashing good looks are both courtest of a Stinger missile to the face back then."

"You are durable as well then, but as I guess not so old...your appearance though is pleasing it bare witness of pain, destruction and blood, all good things."
Jodelle said and smiled.

He smiled sadly, "Remember how I gave such a vivid description of that ritual? That was her... saved by a document showing legal precedent. Yes, her mentor is brilliant, and she herself is about as vicious as a sedated kitten, but right now she is in a great deal of discomfort... and your insights might help her pull through."

"I remember you description."
Jodelle mutters and she have to swallow back her fear a few times before she manage to continue.
"I see, so the ritual was stopped after it had started, I can not imagine her suffering then, poor girl, for what it is worth I hope she makes it."

He nodded, "There is no shame in needing companionship, everyone needs company, to be treated with a bit of respect and dignity. I may not be able to offer you the last mercy, but I can at least try to make things a little more comfortable toward the end..."

"I am ashamed I gave you more information than I should...that is a weakness and I can not stand being weak but yes I have enjoyed...our little conversation Traditionalist...you have treated me as a human being and I do appreciate that, even if we are enemies in this war."

He grinned, "I did not mean to chide you... you are standing guard, and I did not explicitly tell you that this was not a conversation you could hear. As a security matter, it would have been entirely prudent for you to listen in; she is capable and powerful Fallen warrior, after all. She might have made an excellent Flambeau, in fact..."

"She would have made a good Flambeau if she had not been Fallen. I did not try to overhear your conversation Mr Wainwright but neither did I try not to overhear it."
Patricia said and nodded.

He tapped the side of his nose, winking, "Learning something useful about your enemies is never a bad idea, so long as you don't violate the Laws doing so. Unpleasant, sometimes, but ultimately almost always useful."

"You are right about that Mr Wainwright, knowledge is often the greatest weapon we have against out enemies, we can not employ other weapons and means efficiently if we do not have knowledge, I am surprised she would talk to you willingly though, I thought we would have had to torture any scrap of intel out of her."

"I did... I need to meditate on some of those answers, and some I must share with Chief Joakim... I bid you goodnight, and hope the rest of the watch remains eventless."

"Very well Mr Wainwright, good evening to you."
Patricia said with a small bow.
"Stay safe."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:16 pm

"Well I doubt many will learn many lessons from it but it is what it is."
Colin smiled, "I lived to tell the tale... You might yet become an Aesop, you know..."

"I...will consider it...I do not know how I would react if I saw him again to be honest with you...I do not know what I feel about him, part of me hates him but another part of me learned to care for him over all those years he kept me captive..."
He nodded, "Just consider this in the meantime... You were likely not the first, nor the last. I can't fault you for feeling some allegiance to him, but you might want to consider the fates of other widderslainte in his grasp..."

"Well they do that, poke back, especially at apprentices who can not yet defend themselves properly, but you get used to it after a while and when you know to be prepared for it then things are usually easier...I am surprised you have seen one of our ships and lived though Mr Wainwright, you never run out of surprises do you?"
He smiled enigmatically, "Who says I survived?"
He frowned, a little more seriously, "Killing the Handler, though... that was painful... A reincarnated old friend, a slip of a girl scarcely older than, hm, Strangler of Fetuses..."

"You are durable as well then, but as I guess not so old...your appearance though is pleasing it bare witness of pain, destruction and blood, all good things."
He sniffed with mock offense, "So after all this, you only like me for my injuries..."

"I see, so the ritual was stopped after it had started, I can not imagine her suffering then, poor girl, for what it is worth I hope she makes it."
"Indeed... I expect she'll recover soon, but the road ahead will be rough and unpleasant..."

"I am ashamed I gave you more information than I should...that is a weakness and I can not stand being weak but yes I have enjoyed...our little conversation Traditionalist...you have treated me as a human being and I do appreciate that, even if we are enemies in this war."
He smiled faintly, "Geneva Conventions... I'm trained to treat any prisoner decently. Of course, that does expect some reciprocity; your colleague Diego from Boston turned out to be an exceptionally crude ass..."

"She would have made a good Flambeau if she had not been Fallen. I did not try to overhear your conversation Mr Wainwright but neither did I try not to overhear it."
He grinned to Patricia, "Good girl."

"You are right about that Mr Wainwright, knowledge is often the greatest weapon we have against out enemies, we can not employ other weapons and means efficiently if we do not have knowledge, I am surprised she would talk to you willingly though, I thought we would have had to torture any scrap of intel out of her."
He shook his head, "Torture would likely be counterproductive... In miss Jerkins' case, pain and suffering is second nature; she'd be more likely to revel in it than surrender any information, and should she yield anything in that manner, it would be tainted and unreliable at best. Treating her decently, though... that's unexpected, unfamiliar, and made her drop her guard. You would be well advised to remember that... kindness can be a far more effective tool than all the brute force in the world."

"Stay safe."
"Unlikely, I'm afraid, but I will do my best to stay unharmed."

He gave Patricia a small, polite bow, and strolled off to the Node, slipping inside and settling down to meditate for a few minutes, contemplating the Fallen Avatars' descriptions of his own, and the implications of Jodelle's history...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:26 pm

"Are you here to see our...guest...I was told someone would come to talk with her." The guard asked.

"Yes, that's correct."

"One of the Mercere is inside with her." She informed you.

"Ah, is that so?"

"You must be one of our visitors from Boston, my name is Betty Ilda third degree member of House Bonisagus, let me know if you need anything."

"Also correct, it is good to meet you Mrs Ilda, though circumstances are trying. Thank you for attending to our guest, she has had a...rough time. I'm going to go inside now, if you'd be so kind as to watch my back." He went to look inside the room first, if possible, to see what the situation was inside of it before walking in there and also which of the Mercere was inside with the vampire.

// if someone can find the name & preferred pseudonym of the Nos girl for me I'd be grateful, I looked but I'm missing it

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ooc question)
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:38 pm

Tane helped mainly to the Etherite and the Marauder to walk since they were the most problematic, probably the worst getting tortured.
We're all getting looked at by healers, milady. he assured. He felt sore, beaten, but otherwise ready to keep it up.
Thank you for your trust, Antonio. I belive there are some nephandus that doesn't want to be nephandus but have been forced into it... I bet she's one of them and i belive that, if we got the time, she can be returned, cleansed. But for now maybe we should not say anything as we try to keep one of the others alive and without the gilgul, create precedense and then precent her case. Think about it, and we will see. he said trying to confort his companion. The princess is not going to do work any magick against her saviour and his friends, right?But you should anule the nephandi, yes.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:59 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "I lived to tell the tale... You might yet become an Aesop, you know..."

"Oh wonderful, just what I wanted my end to be, a cautionary tale for young Traditionalists."
Jodelle said sarcastically.

He nodded, "Just consider this in the meantime... You were likely not the first, nor the last. I can't fault you for feeling some allegiance to him, but you might want to consider the fates of other widderslainte in his grasp..."

"Yes chances are if he have found another widderslainte to blackmail he would."
Jodelle said angrily.
"Still I can not bring myself to get him arrested and...brought to the Main Sentencing Hall...I have spent to long with him, even if I do hate him, to condemn him to that. But I will think about it Mr Wainwright...I will think about it."

He smiled enigmatically, "Who says I survived?"
He frowned, a little more seriously, "Killing the Handler, though... that was painful... A reincarnated old friend, a slip of a girl scarcely older than, hm, Strangler of Fetuses..."

"Well you do sit before me...but I guess some shenanigans with time could be involved...hum you killed a Handler...my my you do like causing trouble don't you Mr Wainwright."
Jodelle said with a slight smile though she also looked a bit concerned, you definitively knew to much for her liking.

He sniffed with mock offense, "So after all this, you only like me for my injuries..."

The Nephandus grinned.
"Not only Mr Wainwright I also like you because you are a gentleman and a bastard and quite good at both."

"Indeed... I expect she'll recover soon, but the road ahead will be rough and unpleasant..."

"Yes...well I am glad she will recover...poor thing she must be scared out of her wits."
Jodelle said with genuine sympathy.

He smiled faintly, "Geneva Conventions... I'm trained to treat any prisoner decently. Of course, that does expect some reciprocity; your colleague Diego from Boston turned out to be an exceptionally crude ass..."

"Ah I know him he used to live at my Labyrinth until Abigail kicked him out after his own Mentor had taken up service at an Battle Cruiser to get away from him, you can keep him if you want, we do not want him back."
Jodelle muttered in frustrated then said something in the Nephandi language which was probably not a glowing endowment to Diego.

He grinned to Patricia, "Good girl."

The hedge wizard raised an eyebrow and gave you a bit of a look but said nothing.

He shook his head, "Torture would likely be counterproductive... In miss Jerkins' case, pain and suffering is second nature; she'd be more likely to revel in it than surrender any information, and should she yield anything in that manner, it would be tainted and unreliable at best. Treating her decently, though... that's unexpected, unfamiliar, and made her drop her guard. You would be well advised to remember that... kindness can be a far more effective tool than all the brute force in the world."

"I have found torture to be effective several times when the enemy just would not talk Mr Wainwright...but perhaps when we are talking about a Nephandus you are right she is to used to pain and suffering...but they still feel pain do they not?"
Patricia asked.
"In either case I am glad you got the information, even if I still do not really understand how you did it."
She added and shrugged.

"Unlikely, I'm afraid, but I will do my best to stay unharmed."

The hedge wizard gave a bit of a grin to that.

He gave Patricia a small, polite bow, and strolled off to the Node, slipping inside and settling down to meditate for a few minutes, contemplating the Fallen Avatars' descriptions of his own, and the implications of Jodelle's history...

The Node felt calming and comfortable as you sat down to meditate, the dim light of the Node itself reflecting of the walls, it was easy to get a few moment's of respite from all the troubles this last week in here, if only for a few moments and you feel your Avatar to relaxing in the proximity to the Node.

Adley:

"Ah, is that so?"

"It seams the Mercere woman managed to reach the poor thing, get her to open up a little though from how I understand it the vampire is still quite insane."
Betty said and shrugged.

"Also correct, it is good to meet you Mrs Ilda, though circumstances are trying. Thank you for attending to our guest, she has had a...rough time. I'm going to go inside now, if you'd be so kind as to watch my back."

"It is good to meet you as well Sir...yes by all means feel free to go inside, but be careful it is after all a Massassa we are talking about here, though off course I will do my job and watch your back."
The hedge wizard confirmed and nodded.

He went to look inside the room first, if possible, to see what the situation was inside of it before walking in there and also which of the Mercere was inside with the vampire.

You can crack the door open and look inside, you see a creature on the floor, her skin was green, not cartoony green but very white turning towards green like a month old corpse, she was filled with boils and scars and her nose was gone, from her scabby head hung little bits of long, blond, nearly white hair. The figure was skinny and wearing a decaying dress, her eyes though was surprisingly human and filled with despair and pain. The Mercere was the Awakened woman, the one who had her hands damaged by her restraints in the Post Office, she sat rolling a small ball towards the vampire.
"That is right, try to move your hand and grab t...there you go...good girl..."
She said softly as the vampire tried clumsily to close her hand around the ball and just barely managing to partly grab it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:12 pm

"It is good to meet you as well Sir...yes by all means feel free to go inside, but be careful it is after all a Massassa we are talking about here, though off course I will do my job and watch your back." The hedge wizard confirmed and nodded.

"Thank you. I will," he agreed.

He did not particularly relish having to ask the creature about something that had no doubt traumatized her. He knew that fear could make someone turn unexpectedly violent as well. He waited a moment as the door opened to watch the exchange and let them realise he was there. He did not want to startle or frighten either of them. It was pretty clear she was in bad shape all around and he felt a pang of pity for her situation. This...person, Nosferatu vampire had been in Abigail's labyrinth before, when his avatar was with Dylan and Claire. Captured like they had been and subject, no doubt, to horrors.

// if someone can find the name & preferred pseudonym of the Nos girl for me I'd be grateful, I looked but I'm missing it
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Tane helped mainly to the Etherite and the Marauder to walk since they were the most problematic, probably the worst getting tortured.
We're all getting looked at by healers, milady. he assured. He felt sore, beaten, but otherwise ready to keep it up.

"The princess found that the knight from across the sea was most kind and he promised to have her and her new friends taken care of by healers as he helped them escape the dragons' castle, the princess was most grateful."
The Marauder said and smiled.

Thank you for your trust, Antonio. I belive there are some nephandus that doesn't want to be nephandus but have been forced into it... I bet she's one of them and i belive that, if we got the time, she can be returned, cleansed. But for now maybe we should not say anything as we try to keep one of the others alive and without the gilgul, create precedense and then precent her case. Think about it, and we will see. he said trying to confort his companion.

"That is not how the Traditions work Mr Karyak...I do not believe that Cadence wanted to become a Nephandus...I can not believe she wanted that, but the Council of Nine will not care, and unless you can prove your claim that she can be cleansed, a feat no one else have ever before managed to do, and prove before her case comes up which will not be many days, she do not stand a chance."
Antonio said sadly.
"Well let us get these people to the car for now...and do our duty..."
He muttered bitterly. Darrian looked sadly at his friend then he said.
"I will take care of this one's body, it should not take long but we can not leave corpses behind."
He said and pulled another vial out of his pocket.

The princess is not going to do work any magick against her saviour and his friends, right?But you should anule the nephandi, yes.

"The princess was met by one of the knight's companion a man with dark eyes and olive skin, the man feared her because she was different and wanted her to be bound again, this frightened the princess, but no she would not use her magick to attack the knight or his allies, she was a good woman with a pure heart."
The Marauder said from where she was hiding behind you. Antonio sigh.
"Mr Karyak this is a Marauder yes she is cute but she is also insane...and insane mage and the serum will not harm her past a bit of a burning feeling when it is injected and some nausea later."
The Scribe said giving Maya a skeptical look.
"She have to be kept under control. Now as for the Nephandi, the one in the hallway I do not know if will survive but I injected him with the serum, I did not have time to do so with Cadence but she...should be out of it for a while and if she...is up and trying to run, she will not get far."
He muttered sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:26 pm

He did not particularly relish having to ask the creature about something that had no doubt traumatized her. He knew that fear could make someone turn unexpectedly violent as well. He waited a moment as the door opened to watch the exchange and let them realise he was there.

The vampire saw you and begun to whimper fearfully and clumsily as if she had halfway forgotten how to move her limbs. The Mercere woman nodded to you but signaled with a hand that you should not make any sudden movements then she said softly.
"Shh Ellen...he is not here to hurt you."
Several times before the Nosferatu girl finally calmed back down somewhat.

He did not want to startle or frighten either of them. It was pretty clear she was in bad shape all around and he felt a pang of pity for her situation. This...person, Nosferatu vampire had been in Abigail's labyrinth before, when his avatar was with Dylan and Claire. Captured like they had been and subject, no doubt, to horrors.

"You can ask her questions Sodales, but do not threaten her or move to closely...if you have pencils or anything of the sort on you do not let her see them...and she can be hard to understand, she have a imaginary friend she speaks as....as if she have dissociated from her situation."
She said and gave you a smile.
"Oh and Sodales I am not sure if I thanked you earlier, you and the others that saved us from the Post Office...I can never repay you."
The Red Cap said her voice still very soft to not scare the wounded Nosferatu.

(OOC: Her name was never mentioned, the magus that kept her prisoner just did not care to ask.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:32 pm

He frowned a little as his presence distressed her but waited until the Mercere calmed her down.

He nodded to the Mercere. "You do not need to thank me, that you are safe and have not come to worse harm is thanks enough. It is one of the duties of my House." He glanced at the Nosferatu girl, though not directly or too long, which might be perceived as a threat. "May I come inside? I will stay by the door if you prefer it...Ellen was it?" he asked, trying to sound as calm and nonthreatening as he could.

// well that explains why I can't find it
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:44 pm

The Mercere glanced up at you.
"I am still grateful Sodales...for my life and the life of my Chantrymates."
The Messenger said careful not to use your name in front of a vampire that might end up being released, though given what a bad mental state the creature was in that was rather doubtful, even so better safe than sorry.

Ellen looked at you nervously for a while then she spoke, her voice uneven as if she had to struggle to remember how to speak.
"I am...Sarah...I speak for Ellen...she do not want to come out...but I will talk with you."
The creature looked at you with terrified eyes.
"Ellen prefer that you...stay by the door...she have been hurt...but mages before...and you are a...mage are you not...it is in your eyes."
She said with difficult and she still tied to clutch the little ball for comfort.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:20 pm

That's incorrect. Two persons have done so, one is in the process, still, and one has already done it. There are quite a few masters of the art that support my beliefs and i belive that in the light of them being forced into the Caul, we could try to use that to gain time. He said, trying to get some hope. He knew that, even though the claims he made were legitimate, it was a a long shot. Hopefully, Antonio would forgive him if they used Cadence's avatar to help Beatrice.

Mmm, sorry, but could i have their hearts and tongues? He asked Darrian. That much mana should not go to waste.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:35 pm

That's incorrect. Two persons have done so, one is in the process, still, and one has already done it. There are quite a few masters of the art that support my beliefs and i belive that in the light of them being forced into the Caul, we could try to use that to gain time. He said, trying to get some hope.

"Well this is not the time and place to discuss this matter but please do remember what happened to the person rumor say managed to cleanse herself, the Council did not care...and also even if she was able to...do you know how to do that, can you prove to the Council you can do that Mr Karyak for nothing short of irrefutable proof is going to even halfway convince them to spare a Fallen person, especially a Barrabus who have gone to the Caul willingly or no. I could show you six hundred years worth of court documents to show that what you are talking about will not happen."
Antonio said sounding quite frustrated.

Mmm, sorry, but could i have their hearts and tongues? He asked Darrian. That much mana should not go to waste.

"Ehm...you want to harvest Tass from this mans heart and tongue?"
Darrian asked and looked at you as if you had suddenly sprouted a tail.
"I ehm...guess so but we do not have much time and we better get the hostages to the car first I doubt they want to see you carve up a dead Nephandus Mr Karyak."
The alchemist said sounding rather skeptical.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top