Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Warpmind on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:32 pm

"There is at least a pretty good chance that the shapechangers are in danger, we do not know for sure off course, but something like body parts would be a very good arcane connection and then all they need are familiarity with the dead Nephandus or some connection to him, like a bit of hair from his brush or a droplet of blood from anything and they can trance the part, often even that is not needed, if one is going to bring parts like that inn one have to remove those connections or ward them first."
Colin nodded, "We already know the Chicago Labyrinth has blood samples from each member on file, likely for exactly such purposes. It would be foolish and arrogant to presume the Boston Labyrinth hasn't made the same, or at least similar precautions."

"I am not to fond of having the Chantry full of shapeshangers though, but I guess it is better than leaving them in danger since they probably already know where we are, however in the future Mr Wainwright please ask before you invite strangers to Steelhaven. Mr Coawa is fine but the others I am not to thrilled about."
He frowned, "Actually, I believe my exact words were to get them to a safe location, and that we can possibly help with that. Coawa, however, I need to see."

"I see, well it is better the young man learn that our laws can be harsh now, than after he commits even more serious crimes. I understand that our laws can be hard to understand for many and some of them are archaic, I will be the first to admit that, however not endangering one's fellow mages and obeying orders when sent out on a mission that should be pretty basic, hopefully he will wise up now."
He nodded, "Directly disrespecting and ordering around a senior Mage is serious enough, isn't it? But yes, that's why I'll want to involve Coawa... The wereshark seems to be the more rational of the two - scarily enough - so I intend to make him literally his brother's keeper. If anyone can keep mr. Karyak from doing things that will get him Branded or worse, it would be Coawa."

"I will get these copied and store the originals in the safe for now."
Colin sighed, "I'll give mr. Karyak the royal chewing he's earned after I've taken my frustrations out on the Chicago Labyrinth... Safer for everyone."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Tane:

Before:

Raven nodded to you.
"Very well then Mr Karyak, I will see you later then."
The Verbena said and gave you a smile before she left.

Later:

You hear Alessa pick up the phone and she reply to you.
"Yeah it is me..."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "We already know the Chicago Labyrinth has blood samples from each member on file, likely for exactly such purposes. It would be foolish and arrogant to presume the Boston Labyrinth hasn't made the same, or at least similar precautions."

"Hum...a smart precaution, first of all if someone try to betray the Labyrinth then they can be found and dealt with and you also know how to find a missing ally, we could possibly ask one of our prisoners if the Boston Labyrinth have blood samples of their members as well."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"But even if we assume Larson do not have similar precautions then they can still use those body parts to track their missing members."

He frowned, "Actually, I believe my exact words were to get them to a safe location, and that we can possibly help with that. Coawa, however, I need to see."

"Mr Coawa is officially registered as a Custos of Mr Tane and as such belong on this Chantry so he can come and go as he please the others though I am not to happy about inviting in here but we are going to have to see what can be done."

He nodded, "Directly disrespecting and ordering around a senior Mage is serious enough, isn't it?

"It is, it definitively is. However it is not a crime the young man will be executed or permanently kicked out of the Traditions for, that is what I meant, for now he can be redeemed but if he mess up much more then he will really be in hot water."
Jeffry said and frowned.

But yes, that's why I'll want to involve Coawa... The wereshark seems to be the more rational of the two - scarily enough - so I intend to make him literally his brother's keeper. If anyone can keep mr. Karyak from doing things that will get him Branded or worse, it would be Coawa."

"It is a good plan Mr Wainwright, if the wereshark have more reason than his...brother, if he do not however it is a terrible plan. Please do keep me updated on how that turns out."
The old Hermetic ordered.

Colin sighed, "I'll give mr. Karyak the royal chewing he's earned after I've taken my frustrations out on the Chicago Labyrinth... Safer for everyone."

"Ah yes...we that Labyrinth also deserves your ire my good man...I will let you handle the matter though as you see fit."
Jeffry said.
"Well then as the crisis was false alarm I will assume we all have tasks that needs doing."
He said and looked at both Adley and Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:20 pm

"Being run through with the most evil looking sword this side of a fantasy game to take it's toll." She muttered. "I will try to answer your questions Sir if you have any more.

"I imagine it would," he agreed, then nodded his thanks as he reached over and turned the tape recorder off and pocketed it. "If you'll excuse me...Mrs Gottschalk would you please watch over her while I make some arrangements?"

Later:

"Did you get those ehm...parts Mr Wainwright?"
He slowed down and took a deep breath, "He didn't bring them here... his house elsewhere, and the car his... allies use are the ones in danger. And his allies."

"Perhaps we should speak about this inside," he suggested, gesturing towards the ritual room Cita was still occupying. Then he listened to their exchange, feeling relief that at least the problem was not putting the chantry in direct danger. Still, it was another problem...and one that seemed to have peaked Colin's ire.

He frowned at that.

"Ah yes...we that Labyrinth also deserves your ire my good man...I will let you handle the matter though as you see fit."
Jeffry said. "Well then as the crisis was false alarm I will assume we all have tasks that needs doing." He said and looked at both Adley and Colin.

He looked at his mentor and said, "Well, it cannot hurt to check over the wards. It's not as if Mr Bergen's windows were trapped
for nothing after all." He glanced back to where Cita was working, wondering if she found anything that needed attention.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Tane's apartment:

"I imagine it would," he agreed, then nodded his thanks as he reached over and turned the tape recorder off and pocketed it. "If you'll excuse me...Mrs Gottschalk would you please watch over her while I make some arrangements?"

Cadence looked at you and nodded she said nothing just looked down. Hildegard nodded and went over to the prisoner to help her over to the sofa so she could lay down.
"I will take care of her until Mr Karyak is back Mr Roth Hicks."
She said then she said to Cadence.
"Say down on your side Miss Getwater, here let me help you, this will probably be the most comfortable and not put much strain on your side...yes I know sleeping with your hands bound behind you are award but it is what it is."
The Chorister said sternly but kindly and Cadence obeyed her and laid down on her uninjured side as Hildegard put a blanket over her.

Later:

"Perhaps we should speak about this inside," he suggested, gesturing towards the ritual room Cita was still occupying. Then he listened to their exchange, feeling relief that at least the problem was not putting the chantry in direct danger. Still, it was another problem...and one that seemed to have peaked Colin's ire.

"I do not think that will be necessary, we are alone down here and there is not that much to say."
Jeffry said.
"I am just glad Steelhaven at least is safe...for now.

He looked at his mentor and said, "Well, it cannot hurt to check over the wards. It's not as if Mr Bergen's windows were trapped
for nothing after all." He glanced back to where Cita was working, wondering if she found anything that needed attention.

"Hum...agreed time is short but checking and strengthening the wards should not take to long and you can never be to safe."
Your Mentor said and nodded.
"After you then mea filius."
The old Hermetic said and indicated the small ritual room you stood right outside of.
"Such work is good training for you anyway and I worry that with no other members of the Order in your Cabal you do not get to work in Concert with those of your own Tradition often enough, let us go and have a look at those wards."
He said and waited to see if Colin had anything to add before giving the Orphan a polite nod and heading into the small ritual chamber right next to Master Haagen's favorite laboratory.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:48 pm

"Master Telar got a head start, perhaps she found something," he suggested.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:39 pm

"Hum...good point mea filius, we should talk with her first, or you can do so while I work on strengthening the wards, after all there will be time to see to your further training once our current crisis, or series of crisis are over."
Jeffry suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:08 am

"Hum...a smart precaution, first of all if someone try to betray the Labyrinth then they can be found and dealt with and you also know how to find a missing ally, we could possibly ask one of our prisoners if the Boston Labyrinth have blood samples of their members as well."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"But even if we assume Larson do not have similar precautions then they can still use those body parts to track their missing members."
Colin nodded, "Always assume your enemy is competent and lucky until proven otherwise. Diego is most likely a rare occurrence of inept evil, even among the Fallen."

"Mr Coawa is officially registered as a Custos of Mr Tane and as such belong on this Chantry so he can come and go as he please the others though I am not to happy about inviting in here but we are going to have to see what can be done."
He sighed, "Well, my intent was that we might be able to help with an offsite safe location - a small apartment somewhere or somesuch - but I suppose I'll have to assume some responsibility for what he understood, under the circumstances..."

"It is a good plan Mr Wainwright, if the wereshark have more reason than his...brother, if he do not however it is a terrible plan. Please do keep me updated on how that turns out."
He nodded sharply, "Certainly, Sir. I'll make sure to formulate the situation so that it's clear that I'm genuinely trying to prevent mr. Karyak from kicking the sleeping dragon, as it were - angering the judicial authorities of the Traditions is one of the most efficient ways of shortening one's lifespan, however enthusiastic a lone Dreamspeaker and wereshark are in defending themselves."

Jeffry said.
"Well then as the crisis was false alarm I will assume we all have tasks that needs doing."
He smiled, "Yes, I believe we were about to lay the cards on the table for Master Nassa - he needs to be in the know, as well. He makes the very short list, on account of being miss Alexander's Mentor. It seems we've found a perfect donor with no ethical problems - though potentially a few technical ones - for her wounded Avatar..."

"Such work is good training for you anyway and I worry that with no other members of the Order in your Cabal you do not get to work in Concert with those of your own Tradition often enough, let us go and have a look at those wards."
Colin grinned mischievously, "I don't know, I may not be a Hermetic, but it seems Adley and I have created a sort of alchemy; we do seem able to pull off some fascinating tricks on qlippothic magic together..."
He gave Adley a sidelong glance, "If you'll pardon my choice of words; I was rather fishing for a reaction."

((OOC: Ah, today was Pathfinder day. I was kind of awful to the players today - I sicced Morlock Warlocks on them! Very Happy ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:49 am

He smiled, "Yes, I believe we were about to lay the cards on the table for Master Nassa - he needs to be in the know, as well. He makes the very short list, on account of being miss Alexander's Mentor. It seems we've found a perfect donor with no ethical problems - though potentially a few technical ones - for her wounded Avatar..."
"Hum...good point mea filius, we should talk with her first, or you can do so while I work on strengthening the wards, after all there will be time to see to your further training once our current crisis, or series of crisis are over." Jeffry suggested.

"I am prepared to help you strengthen them, pater if you need me. I'll just ask if there were anything in particular of note and join you."

Colin grinned mischievously, "I don't know, I may not be a Hermetic, but it seems Adley and I have created a sort of alchemy; we do seem able to pull off some fascinating tricks on qlippothic magic together..." He gave Adley a sidelong glance, "If you'll pardon my choice of words; I was rather fishing for a reaction."

"Be careful, there are worse things than sharks in those waters..."

// oh joy, returning to the work backlog I accumulated while I was out sick! I think I found my desk finally. Just a heads up that I'll be pretty busy this week, and I have to work on Saturday. All day meetings should not be a thing.

@Warp - somehow I think this meeting of these Morlocks went down differently than the last batch?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:37 am

Um... yeah? What happened?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:19 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Always assume your enemy is competent and lucky until proven otherwise. Diego is most likely a rare occurrence of inept evil, even among the Fallen."

"Ah yes Diego, there is seriously something wrong with that man, but yes I agree it is always best to assume your enemies will be lucky and that they are competent rather than underestimating them."

He sighed, "Well, my intent was that we might be able to help with an offsite safe location - a small apartment somewhere or somesuch - but I suppose I'll have to assume some responsibility for what he understood, under the circumstances..."

"We have one such location Mr Wainwright, one and it looses it's value once to many know about it, but we will find some way to deal with the shapechangers and get them to safety, even if they are not really our responsibility."

He nodded sharply, "Certainly, Sir. I'll make sure to formulate the situation so that it's clear that I'm genuinely trying to prevent mr. Karyak from kicking the sleeping dragon, as it were - angering the judicial authorities of the Traditions is one of the most efficient ways of shortening one's lifespan, however enthusiastic a lone Dreamspeaker and wereshark are in defending themselves."

"I hope your plan works Mr Karyak, I guess that remains to be seen but yes our justice system is old and at times brutal also just open defiance do not work, changing the system takes time, hopefully Mr Karyak can be taught to respect that."

"I see, something tells me this is something I do not want to ask for details about in a room not shielded and prepared for privacy, though I do get the gist that it have to do with what we talked about earlier and if so then yes Probably Master Nassa should be told, but be careful Mr Wainwright the man is after all a member of the Verbena Tradition."
Jeffry cautioned.

Colin grinned mischievously, "I don't know, I may not be a Hermetic, but it seems Adley and I have created a sort of alchemy; we do seem able to pull off some fascinating tricks on qlippothic magic together..."

"Hum...interesting once we have time I do hope you will tell me about what tricks on Qlippothic magick you and my student have pulled Mr Wainwright, just be careful when working on that, the stuff is foul..."
The old Hermetic said and raised an eyebrow.

Adley:

"I am prepared to help you strengthen them, pater if you need me. I'll just ask if there were anything in particular of note and join you."

"Well no I can strengthen them alone but another mage of a similar Paradigm is always a boon to a working, however if you would rather continue with what you where doing before this little body part hunt became an issue then that is fine as well, asking...Master Telar if she have found something would be useful though."
He said and the old mage always smiled when he mentioned Cita's name.

Tane:

Um... yeah? What happened?

"Well we got back to your place, Coawa and Paula have gotten back, the waters are to cold for the great whites to stay in for to many hours at a time while Paula think they are to warm..."
Alessa said sounding a bit confused.
"The only thing out of the ordinary is that the house spirit seam to think something is around, some spirit or something...I am sure it is nothing to worry about though, how about you did things go well with you when you returned to the mage nest?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:45 am

"Ah yes Diego, there is seriously something wrong with that man, but yes I agree it is always best to assume your enemies will be lucky and that they are competent rather than underestimating them."
Colin nodded, "Apparently, he was thrown out from the Chicago Labyrinth for being a useless dick - and that's saying something, I think..."

"We have one such location Mr Wainwright, one and it looses it's value once to many know about it, but we will find some way to deal with the shapechangers and get them to safety, even if they are not really our responsibility."
He pondered, "Perhaps it would be an idea to invest a pittance in a few out-of-the-way safehouses with no real connection to the Chantry? I'm sure some of our members would be quite willing to help out in such a manner, just keep a small, lightly furnished apartment somewhere for emergencies and the like. Nothing fancy; perhaps even just a motel room, if necessary."

"I hope your plan works Mr Karyak, I guess that remains to be seen but yes our justice system is old and at times brutal also just open defiance do not work, changing the system takes time, hopefully Mr Karyak can be taught to respect that."
"I hope so... I can afford him one chance, and one chance only, so we'd better make it count."

"I see, something tells me this is something I do not want to ask for details about in a room not shielded and prepared for privacy, though I do get the gist that it have to do with what we talked about earlier and if so then yes Probably Master Nassa should be told, but be careful Mr Wainwright the man is after all a member of the Verbena Tradition."
He grinned, "I trust Master Nassa with my rosebush. I... think I've earned his respect and confidence, in his eyes."

"Hum...interesting once we have time I do hope you will tell me about what tricks on Qlippothic magick you and my student have pulled Mr Wainwright, just be careful when working on that, the stuff is foul..."
He shrugged, "It was less foul than what one might expect, actually - we managed to mostly return a wall of air to its normal free-flowing gaseous state. Mostly. It was a rush job."

"Be careful, there are worse things than sharks in those waters..."
He grinned, "Good catch. But yes, best be cautious."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:58 pm

Colin nodded, "Apparently, he was thrown out from the Chicago Labyrinth for being a useless dick - and that's saying something, I think..."

"It feels like we are doing the Nephandi a favor by taking him off their hands."
Jeffry said and grinned.

He pondered, "Perhaps it would be an idea to invest a pittance in a few out-of-the-way safehouses with no real connection to the Chantry? I'm sure some of our members would be quite willing to help out in such a manner, just keep a small, lightly furnished apartment somewhere for emergencies and the like. Nothing fancy; perhaps even just a motel room, if necessary."

"That might be a good idea, now even a fairly cheap apartment is expensive but I am sure we should be able to afford one or two, I will take it up with the Deacon Council once this current crisis is done."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.
"We have one secondary site but only one. Then again we might put the shapechangers in motel room if we have to find a new location to house them."

"I hope so... I can afford him one chance, and one chance only, so we'd better make it count.

"I hope so to, Mr Karyak can be a resource for Steelhaven but only if he starts listening and clean up his act, but he is young and I have hope that he can learn."

He grinned, "I trust Master Nassa with my rosebush. I... think I've earned his respect and confidence, in his eyes."

"I am not sure it would be that wise to have that rosebush around while you trust Master Nassa with what I have a feeling you are planning on telling him."
Jeffry joked with a slight wry grin.

He shrugged, "It was less foul than what one might expect, actually - we managed to mostly return a wall of air to its normal free-flowing gaseous state. Mostly. It was a rush job."

"That sounds interesting. How did you manage to do that? Return some of the potential to the area perhaps, restoring the potential of the air to be gaseous? That is a strategy that will work against Nephandic magick but which can be tricky to pull off."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:28 pm

"It feels like we are doing the Nephandi a favor by taking him off their hands."
Colin smirked, "I suggested to mr. Rush that we might show up at the Labyrinth and ask Larson for a refund or a replacement for faulty goods. It's probably not a good idea, but it might be worth it just for the look on her face... They probably have a no returns policy in place for him, though..."

"That might be a good idea, now even a fairly cheap apartment is expensive but I am sure we should be able to afford one or two, I will take it up with the Deacon Council once this current crisis is done."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.
"We have one secondary site but only one. Then again we might put the shapechangers in motel room if we have to find a new location to house them."
He nodded, "An occasional motel room, and a few cheap apartments in... less affluent neoghbourhoods might be well worth the investment in the long run. We would probably not need more than two or three locations available at any given time, and they would be expendable locations anyway."

"I hope so to, Mr Karyak can be a resource for Steelhaven but only if he starts listening and clean up his act, but he is young and I have hope that he can learn."
"Indeed, his talent appears unprecedented; I would not be surprised if he some day surpasses Master Telar in skill and power as far as treating wounded Avatars go... if we can keep him alive and out of trouble until then."

"I am not sure it would be that wise to have that rosebush around while you trust Master Nassa with what I have a feeling you are planning on telling him."
He grinned, "Rosebush in apartment. Revelation in warded ritual room. And then I'll be headed for the relative safety of a Labyrinth."

"That sounds interesting. How did you manage to do that? Return some of the potential to the area perhaps, restoring the potential of the air to be gaseous? That is a strategy that will work against Nephandic magick but which can be tricky to pull off."
He nodded, "Pretty much - basically we gave Reality a gentle push, with a twist of flux to, hm, remind the air of what its natural state is supposed to be. Adley might not have much grasp of Entropy, but he gave a very commendable boost to the fundamental part of the work. He catches on to ideas quickly; you've taught him well. We didn't get it all, though... most of the air wall still felt like pushing through gelatin... but the underlying spontaneous idea worked; now we just have to formalize the theory."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Colin smirked, "I suggested to mr. Rush that we might show up at the Labyrinth and ask Larson for a refund or a replacement for faulty goods. It's probably not a good idea, but it might be worth it just for the look on her face... They probably have a no returns policy in place for him, though..."

Jeffry game a bit of a chuckle at that.
"I doubt the Nephandi would be willing to give us another prisoner since we caught a bad one."
He said sounding amused.
"But yes the look on Larson's face would likely be priceless, but no not a good idea."

He nodded, "An occasional motel room, and a few cheap apartments in... less affluent neoghbourhoods might be well worth the investment in the long run. We would probably not need more than two or three locations available at any given time, and they would be expendable locations anyway."

"We will see but like I said the Chantry do not have allot of liquid resources and this building take it's due to maintain so I will take your suggestion to the Deacon Council and we will see."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"But I am not sure we can afford it."

"Indeed, his talent appears unprecedented; I would not be surprised if he some day surpasses Master Telar in skill and power as far as treating wounded Avatars go... if we can keep him alive and out of trouble until then."

"Indeed Master Telar says the same thing that Mr Karyak might indeed one day surpass her if only we can get him to settle down in the Traditions then his passion and his talent will be most useful and appreciated."
The old mage said and nodded.

He grinned, "Rosebush in apartment. Revelation in warded ritual room. And then I'll be headed for the relative safety of a Labyrinth."

"Ah yes that sounds about right Mr Wainwright at least you have the right idea about where you would be in most danger."
The old mages said with a slight wry smile.

He nodded, "Pretty much - basically we gave Reality a gentle push, with a twist of flux to, hm, remind the air of what its natural state is supposed to be. Adley might not have much grasp of Entropy, but he gave a very commendable boost to the fundamental part of the work. He catches on to ideas quickly; you've taught him well.

The old Hermetic gave a proud glance over at his apprentice.
"Yes he learns quickly and he have much more raw talent than I did at his age. "
Jeffry said more to himself than to Colin.
"I see that should probably work yes, well it would be less about reminding air that it is air and more about reminding it that it can be something but what the Nephandi mage have shaped it as."

We didn't get it all, though... most of the air wall still felt like pushing through gelatin... but the underlying spontaneous idea worked; now we just have to formalize the theory."

"There are a book about counteracting Qlipothic magick in the library if you take an interest in reading about it Mr Wainwright...in either case as long as you got what needed to be done accomplished you both did well, even if the result was not perfect."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:34 pm

"But I am not sure we can afford it."
Colin nodded, "You... might consider asking residents for suggestions or volunteers. I'm not a wealthy man, despite the ample quantities of silver I possess, but I might be able to scrounge up something; perhaps gleaning a favour from the local Veterans' Association or something similar. That would offset expenses drastically."

"There are a book about counteracting Qlipothic magick in the library if you take an interest in reading about it Mr Wainwright...in either case as long as you got what needed to be done accomplished you both did well, even if the result was not perfect."
He smiled, "It seems my reading list is just piling up. It's been a while since that happened with nonfiction; I look forward to taking a vacation in a couch fortress with a stack of books for about a month next week. I might have to bribe someone for a time bubble, though..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:53 pm

Colin nodded, "You... might consider asking residents for suggestions or volunteers. I'm not a wealthy man, despite the ample quantities of silver I possess, but I might be able to scrounge up something; perhaps gleaning a favour from the local Veterans' Association or something similar. That would offset expenses drastically."

"It might be doable if everyone pitched in and it is a good idea but it is probably something that should be dealt with when we are not fighting for our survival...for reality's survival. However assuming we win as soon as we have gotten back on our feet then I will bring the matter before the other Deacons and we will see what can be done about it."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He smiled, "It seems my reading list is just piling up. It's been a while since that happened with nonfiction; I look forward to taking a vacation in a couch fortress with a stack of books for about a month next week. I might have to bribe someone for a time bubble, though..."

"Well Mr Darehill do seam to favor silver rings Mr Wainwright, he certainly wear enough of them perhaps you can arrange for a trade of services, but yes to read lists do tend to pile up, they always do. I do think getting some rest after all of this is done is a good idea at least."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:15 pm

(OOC: Well then we are at page 30 again and it is time for a new IC thread. Here is the summary of the last thread, please let me know if I have forgotten anything important:

Adley speaks with Carmon and the old vampire can not tell him much but he can tell him that Matty often visits her old Mentor's grave so a trap is set for the Nephandus. Carmon also asks to die, Adley's Avatar is extremely upset over the whole thing, he do go to speak with Adjan about it though and the Euthanatos promises to help him do what have to be done. Adley also speaks with the young Nosferatu that was bought from Chantry Lavender, she tells him about a secret entrance to the Caul Chamber of Abigail's Labyrinth, she also confirm what Anna have said about the Labyrinth. The Mercere who have taken the job of caring for the wounded vampire expressed concern for the creature, worrying that if no one would take her in then she could not make it on her own. The Nosferatu mentioned that her Sire was dead but she did have a brother but returning her come with their own issues.

Colin speaks with Jodelle and manages to learn a few more things from her about Matty, he also speaks with Cita over the phone and arrange for transport back to Horizon. He and Adley speak with Joakim and deal with some loose ends and set up a few things, including getting Tyler's documents from Hans and making some arrangements for Anna and then Colin, Adley, Freddy, Richard and little Liv go to be teleported back to Steelhaven by Cita.

Tane manages to do well during his mission to free the two Traditionalist Masters and the Marauder Maya from Nephandi captivity, he talks a few guardian spirits into no longer supporting the Nephandi and together with the rest of the group that Jeffry sent he manages to kill the two other Nephandi and free the prisoners. Antonio heals Cadence but it is clear that he do not buy Tane's assurances that she will not go to trial and he is not pleased. While the mission went well Darrian also is not pleased due to Tane barking orders at him, rushing on ahead and generally not cooperating with the other members of the rescue team. Once they are done Tane insist on taking the hands, tongues and hearts of the dead Nephandi even if the others urge they they had to go at once in case the Nephandi called for help. Once they get back to Steelhaven Tane argue with Jeffry who want to send Cadence to one of the other Chantries to keep her until she can be sent to Horizon. Jeffry do not buy the Dreamspeakers claims that he can cleanse the woman's soul and his attempts to explain Tradition law to Tane fails, he do allow for Tane to take responsibility for Cadence until she can be sent to Horizon though.

Ingmar Rush is called in to further treat Cadence's injuries, he is horrified that Tane plan to shower in front of Cadence and also that he is planning on walking her around the Chantry, he treat both him and Cadence but the young Verbena is not please and he is not shy over expressing this either. Jeffry, Antonio and Darrian send Colin messages complaining about Tane. The group go back to Boston there they have a talk with Ingmar about Tane, give Jeffry their reports and then Adley and Colin go to do their individual tasks. Colin leaves Freddy and Ingmar to take care of Liv then he go to interview the other members of the rescue party, then he go to get examined by Cita. The spirit healer finds out that his Avatar is a shard cluster, the most advanced one she have ever seen, she can also see that the central shard of the things are large and was once hurt during a brutal Gilgul. During the examination Cita finds out that Colin's soul is holding onto two shards from Beatrice's Avatar, those two shards can be used to save the Verbena if the shard cluster can be convinced to let them go. During the examination Colin have two throwbacks, one where he comes out of the crucible as the joined creature Heylel Teomim, and the other about the birth of Heylel's twins, this make him rather convinced that he is the reincarnation or rather the carrier of a bit of Mia de Napoli's soul that survived Gilgul.

Adley go to speak with Tane and he sort of end up a bit mystified over the meeting, later he have a talk with Cadence, the young Nephandus are talked into telling what she know about the Labyrinth, mostly she confirm information the group already know but she do say that some of the Nephandi in Larson's Labyrinth are nervous and that the Caul is not well. Later Adley go see Beatrice and he is very concerned about the state she is in, he gives her Colin's stone rose and it do seam to help, then he go to try to help the poor Mercere, the pair of them are being tended to by the Von Hess couple and they are in a sorry state. Adley bring along a book on sign language and the idea of being able to communicate with his student do cheer Micah up a bit. Later Colin and Adley meet up in the basement to discuss their options to help Beatrice with Cita, they decide on trying to get some opium and have Shimmer convert it into something that can be used to stop the pain of Beatrice's Avatar before an operation are attempted, they decide to talk with Amadeus though and get his opinion on the matter. The group also discuss their worried about Tane and get invited to be Cita's guests on Horizon.

The group have a bit of a fright around whatever or not Tane's collected body parts are on Steelhaven and can be used by the Nephandi as a arcane connection to harm the Chantry, luckily Tane had sent the body parts back to him home so Colin ordered him to have the shape changers get to safety.

Everyone get two exp for this thread. Good gaming everyone. Very Happy

There is a link to the new IC thread:

http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com/t97-abigails-labyrinth-more-avatar-shenanigans-and-final-plans-ic-thread-16#12371 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Back to top