Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:06 pm

"...But their web is pretty even if it is not on fire." She added as she wadded over to you.

"Yes, it is pretty.""I guess...no one wants to be put on fire...it is boring..." The little imp said. "But ok I will not do it but I wish the spiders would play with me, they look so fun, but they are not fun at all." She complained.

"For many of us material beings, being put on fire is not pleasant or fun. And for spirits that are not of the flame, it is against their nature and so may not be welcome."

"Master have not set us to a task but we watch for him anyway, other than the one you call Poodle, he is worried about the little one like you that is called Jane so he went to sit on her, we have heard that humans sit on babies, and while she is not a baby she is not a full human yet...it is very confusing...but she had a nightmare and he decided to sit on her to make her feel better." The plump little imp said as she started playing with your shoe laces. "Why do humans sit on babies Master's student? Full humans are so much bigger than babies are they not hurt if you sit on them, we are small we can sit on them but not full humans."

Adley listened and then said, "I do not think humans sit on babies...that would probably not be good for them, what tales are these you hear and from whom?" he said, looking confused. "Perhaps we should go and see if Mrs Jane is alright, hrm? And no, those are not wicks, please do not set my shoes on fire..." He looked at the gaffling he'd nicknamed Harry and saw him at work on the sweater's threadbare spot. He asked, "Do you want to get back to your fellows for now?"

// that is a cool concept Warp, I like it!

ooc 2 - what is this imp's nickname, or does she not have one?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:27 pm

"For many of us material beings, being put on fire is not pleasant or fun. And for spirits that are not of the flame, it is against their nature and so may not be welcome."

"You material beings are very strange...but I would not want to go against my nature so I guess others would not like it either but fire is so fun."
The little, plump imp said and and crewed on her own finger.

Adley listened and then said, "I do not think humans sit on babies...that would probably not be good for them, what tales are these you hear and from whom?" he said, looking confused.

"Why do the one like you with short gray hair say she need a babysitter for the one called Jane then...we have heard many humans say they need babysitters...why are they called that if they do not sit on babies, that makes any sense."
The imp said her ember eyes big with confusion.

"Perhaps we should go and see if Mrs Jane is alright, hrm?

"I like Jane she plays with us..."
The imp said and she jumped up and down in agreement with the suggestion.
"Perhaps she felt the gray shadow outside and got scarred...I do not like the gray shadow...it was inside when the thing that was physical but not attacked those like you but then as the wards got stronger it went outside but we can see it out there at times and it is scary, it is like me but it is bad."
She said and put her finger back into her mouth.

And no, those are not wicks, please do not set my shoes on fire..."

"Are you sure Master's student...they look like wicks...or tails...do you have a tail?"
She asked and looked up at you.

He looked at the gaffling he'd nicknamed Harry and saw him at work on the sweater's threadbare spot. He asked, "Do you want to get back to your fellows for now?"

The spider spirit looked at you, chittered and then continued to work on the threadbare spot on your sweater, happy to work and to preserve something performing his function and repairing your sweater would do just as any other project.

(OOC: Let us call her Curly since the flame on the top of her head is curled, she look like Poodle but is rounder, with a curly head flame and she is more nagging and demanding while Poodle relay on being cute to get what he wants.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:53 pm

"That would probably make the laws more fair but changing the Protocols is not an easy task, it would requite allot of political pressure to accomplish."
Colin smiled, "Patience is a virtue, is it not? Rome was not built in a day. Unless, of course, there's something I haven't been told..."

"Well everything can be accomplished given enough will Mr Wainwright, nothing is impossible, but whatever or not you will be able to accomplish this feat that is another matter, many before you have tried and failed, however there is a chance now that Miss Florentine have accomplished it the way I understand it, perhaps eventually the poor woman will be well enough to give you some clues as to how she did it."
"That does seem to be more likely than ever, actually - we just might be able to get her a new Avatar soon."

"I would not want you to risk Falling Mr Wainwright after all we do not know what will happen if your soul absorb to many of those shards, but yes at least you will not be injured in the the regular way and that is something at least and might be useful in a pinch, not that I would want you to risk yourself child."
"I think... well, hope, mainly, that Mia will stay... herself so long as the percentage of Fallen fragments doesn't greatly outnumber the percentage of non-inverted ones..."

"It is good you do not want the child to have to suffer such a horrible fate alone, but have you considered that your own Avatar might have quite traumatic memories of the Main Sentencing Hall and going into that room, especially for...such a reason might affect you badly."
He grimaced, "I have had a... brief flash of the Main Sentencing Hall, yes. It's a bad place. I... would prefer to be able to arrange a different location for it; perhaps even here on Earth, but if it can't be avoided... I'll just have to endure being there for a while..."

"Well to be fair Mr Wainwright if Diego had made approaches to any of my former apprentices I might have ended up showing my less than friendly side..."
He nodded darkly, "If he had tried something with, say, miss Alexander, I just might find myself compelled to remove his... more vulgar bits in a manner not consistent with kindness and compassion. Let's not let the two meet, just in case..."

"So the girl have been sheltered from the others of her kind?"
He nodded, "She's a lot... well, 'innocent' is not the right word, but she doesn't seem to have the... attitude of the other Fallen I've encountered; they've all seemed either mean and cruel, or whipped and broken. Anna still has a bit of... wonder left, I suppose you could call it. She's certainly dark and creepy, but there's a lightness to it."

"Ah yes I have been told our guest downstairs is not a very pleasant man and it appears even his own dislike him then...hum I can not help but feel pity for a creature with not a friend in the world."
"He does seem to have a particular knack for being insufferable. Add to that a general lack of creativity and a predilection for vulgarity, well... that seems to sum the man up rather nicely. And yes, he does make a pitiable figure..."

"Ah yes...well perhaps you will be able to understand the members of House Criamon then they are even more fond of riddles then our Mara, but yes figuring the lady out takes time and that might be time we do not have at the moment. As for fiction I have never had much time to indulge in such pleasures but it do sound like it might be worthwhile reading."
He grinned, "There's a saying - time you enjoyed wasting was not a waste of time."

"Well the sooner we do it, the sooner I can write up the paperwork if it turns out that your visions are more then...well visions. If you are ready then Mr Wainwright I can try to from a time field around you and we will see if that will trigger something..."
Colin nodded and set down the teacup, leaning back in the chair and closing his eyes...

"My point was more that it will be hard for an Orphan group to win a seat at the Council and as such your House if you get it started will have a hard fight ahead of it if you hope to get it a pace at the Council Table one of the big seats, or a small stool at the side..."
He smiled, "Gaining that much confidence is a tall order... but on the other hand, such a House might have a small advantage over the Hollow Ones, if only for being active among the Traditions and getting to know and work with everyone rather than doing its own thing without the others so much... Making connections like that will be crucial to the work, after all."

"Hum...it is hard to know, but perhaps some of our prisoners can shed some light on the matter, it might be worth asking them if there are any such plans before we ship them to Horizon, as for the Union well they we are going to have to deal with when we are done with Lisa Larson's Labyrinth."
"That's certainly a good plan - the assault on Horizon might be an attempt at vengeance and prisoner escape, though, in which case the prisoners would know little or nothing about it. But, it's still worth asking."

"Well check ins would probably be ordered yes, and if he was spared at least I would assume he was Branded so his soul would be easier to find in his next life...as for House Janissary...there where trouble with them...that is...troubling the Janissary are House Guernicus' closest allies..."
He nodded, "Mr. Dale will be Branded; that one he's not getting out of... it'll give him an almost impossible headache. He'll have some help, though... a bit of assistance from miss Alexander, when we go visit him. As for the Jannisaries, yes, it is troubling. Very much so, at least if it requires their members to regularly check in at the Security Office like that..."

((OOC: Oooo, that's a possibility - I'll hear with Ragnhild if she wants to play. Very Happy Er, depending, of course, on which days you play - we do have days when we are locked down, as it were.))

((OOC2: I just had the most awful mental image of Colin being found out by the Traditions years down the road, and attempted gilgulled for his, ah, inheritance... "Well, Wainwright was brought in and passed out at the sight of the sentencing hall..." "So the ritual happened without complications, then?" "Er, not exactly... his Avatar seems to have... exploded into a hundred million shards that embedded themselves in the Masters' Avatars... and then his Avatar manifested and... ate the six Masters'. They're all a bit catatonic, and Wainwright is looking slightly dazed and... sort of glowing. There's not a single Avatar fragment to be found in there, and everyone's a little afraid to go in... Even Master Ir just looked inside and said Nope." Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Colin smiled, "Patience is a virtue, is it not? Rome was not built in a day. Unless, of course, there's something I haven't been told..."

"No Rome was not built in a day there might be a fair bit in ancient history you have not been told but it did take time to develop such an empire. Patience is indeed an virtue."

"That does seem to be more likely than ever, actually - we just might be able to get her a new Avatar soon."

"A new Avatar...how could such a thing be possible?"
George asked and raised an eyebrow.
"No one have been able to make an Avatar that I am aware of."

"I think... well, hope, mainly, that Mia will stay... herself so long as the percentage of Fallen fragments doesn't greatly outnumber the percentage of non-inverted ones..."

"That is a probable hypothesis Mr Wainwright, but as we are moving into unknown territory do be careful, we frankly have no idea what Fallen shards will do to a Avatar like yours..."
George said and frowned.

He grimaced, "I have had a... brief flash of the Main Sentencing Hall, yes. It's a bad place. I... would prefer to be able to arrange a different location for it; perhaps even here on Earth, but if it can't be avoided... I'll just have to endure being there for a while..."

"Well it might be possible, serious sentences are traditionally carried out in the Main Sentencing Hall, however given the age of the accused girl she might be granted some leniency for her comfort, that would be up to the Council of Nine to decide off course and if done on Earth it would have to be done somewhere like for example Steelhaven where reality just within this building have become more flexible...or Paradox would harshly affect the ritualists."
George said and tapped the side of his teacup with a long thin finger.
"No the Main Sentencing Hall is not a good place..."
He added in a mutter.

He nodded darkly, "If he had tried something with, say, miss Alexander, I just might find myself compelled to remove his... more vulgar bits in a manner not consistent with kindness and compassion. Let's not let the two meet, just in case..."

"Yes well I imagine you would have to get in line behind Master Nassa to get your chance to ehm...rearrange our rude guest's anatomy in such a manner, so yes let us hope the two never meet."
The old Guernicus said with a smirk.

He nodded, "She's a lot... well, 'innocent' is not the right word, but she doesn't seem to have the... attitude of the other Fallen I've encountered; they've all seemed either mean and cruel, or whipped and broken. Anna still has a bit of... wonder left, I suppose you could call it. She's certainly dark and creepy, but there's a lightness to it."

"Hum...if she was not Fallen then I would say there would be some hope left for her...but since she are...that lightness really only make her case more tragic..."
The Hermetic said sadly.

"He does seem to have a particular knack for being insufferable. Add to that a general lack of creativity and a predilection for vulgarity, well... that seems to sum the man up rather nicely. And yes, he does make a pitiable figure..."

"Hum...yes he is not a plesant gentleman, well soon he will be the Security Council's problem and not ours...I do not like keeping this many Fallen prisoners in one place, it makes us far to tempting a target...not that we are not a target anyway but it would be better if we could send them to Horizon for them to deal with."

He grinned, "There's a saying - time you enjoyed wasting was not a waste of time."

"That is very true young man, very true indeed."
George said and sipped his tea and smiled.

Colin nodded and set down the teacup, leaning back in the chair and closing his eyes...

The old Hermetic begun to chant, his voice was strong and clear and there was a command in his words, you felt a slight shift as you moved out of sync with time and then...you hear the sound of young girls giggling.

You found yourself sitting in an old, fabric chair in a beautifully, richly decorated reception room, outside there was night and you where starting to feel a bit sleepy, but it was not time to sleep yet, you where not there for yourself, you where there for Anna. You can see your little apprentice sitting on the wooden floor in front of a TV that looked out of place in the baroque chamber with all it's antiques and finery.
"You are not getting me this time, just you wait!"
The girl sitting next to Anna declared, she was smaller, but looked to be about the same age, her hair to was blond but it hung in a long braid down her slender back.
"No fair shooting my spaceship!"
Anna replied accompanied by music and the sounds of lasers from the video game the two girls was playing. At least your apprentice was having fun...her life had not been easy these last few months.

You had gotten your early appointment to Adept, and the Deacon Council had agreed to let you keep Anna but with strict control over her movements, for the most part she was locked into a room in the basement though you where allowed to take her out of there now and again, you had tried to make her room as cozy as you could but that did not change the fact that it was a cell. The fear of when her trial would begin and the result of it kept the young Fallen up at night and many a night you had to sit by her bed to calm her nightmares, for now she was still to weak to survive an attempt at Gilgulling her but Anna knew she was living on borrowed time, and so was her Avatar, no mage did well living under constant fear of that ritual.

Another problem was the injections needed to keep the young girl from her magick, she was terrified of needles so it was a daily struggle which often lead to her having to be held down for the injections, combine that with medical examinations and all that needed to be done Anna's phobia was not getting better and this struggle was wearing on her rather slim reserves...not to mention she was missing her magick, she had been Awakened since she was a toddler, not having magick terrified her.

It was Kristina who had suggested a playmate her own age might help Anna, and the childe of her husband's friend might be just that playmate and the young vampire was not a sleeper that could be hurt but the Nephandus child, nor was she another mage that could become corrupted and if little Alexandra should happen to end up harming Anna with her blood few would see it as a loss, so a visit was approved and Kristina brought you and your apprentice to France, to her husband's stately mansion.

Anna and Alexandra quickly became friends and playing together seamed to have perked Anna up considerably. You yourself had been politely received by Kristina's husband John William but he was soon called away by pressing business so you now sat having tea with a tall, dark haired man who was little Alexandra's Sire, and while he looked relaxed it was clear that he was rather tense and ready to jump up and deal with any danger to his offspring.
"Ah yes I almost forgot the Kiasyd your hum...Chantry was it...rescued are still here, he helped you take down your enemies did he not, find the way in their Labyrinths...that is what they where called I believe...anyway Kristina insisted we would take care of him until his pack could be found. I do not like to deal with his kind but anyway I thought you would like to know that the man is safe and hale."
Drake, the dark haired man said as he played with a cup of tea he was not drinking from.

He smiled, "Gaining that much confidence is a tall order... but on the other hand, such a House might have a small advantage over the Hollow Ones, if only for being active among the Traditions and getting to know and work with everyone rather than doing its own thing without the others so much... Making connections like that will be crucial to the work, after all."

"Well the Hollowers do have the advantage that they actually are a Tradition in that they have a system of magick and organized training of their students, but yes the House you talk of might be able to create enough of a name for itself to be recognized, and enough favors, but it is hard to know for sure how such a project would go."

"That's certainly a good plan - the assault on Horizon might be an attempt at vengeance and prisoner escape, though, in which case the prisoners would know little or nothing about it. But, it's still worth asking."

"Indeed there our prisoners might know nothing and this attack twenty years into the future are probably not even planned yet and all we can do is speculate, however it do not hurt to ask them a few extra questions."
George said and nodded.

He nodded, "Mr. Dale will be Branded; that one he's not getting out of... it'll give him an almost impossible headache. He'll have some help, though... a bit of assistance from miss Alexander, when we go visit him.

"Branding is indescribably painful for the victim and usually quite traumatic, but once the pain dies down there are no actual damage and the convict can continue with their lives as normal...I am glad Miss Alexander was able to help though."
The old mage said and nodded.

As for the Jannisaries, yes, it is troubling. Very much so, at least if it requires their members to regularly check in at the Security Office like that..."

"Then it have to be something serious...let us hope that particular part of your vision do not come to pass Mr Wainwright...as that might create more trouble internally in the Traditions than an attack on Horizon."
George said and he seamed troubled by this news.

(OOC: Well we generally play when everyone are able to do so, no set day a week though often it is on Sundays though that can be changed, I will ask my group if they want more mages for the game. Smile )

(OOC 2: Yeah...well on the positive side after such an ill fated ritual I doubt it will be easy to find Spirit Masters to willingly perform Gilgul on anyone in the future. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:52 pm

"A new Avatar...how could such a thing be possible?"
George asked and raised an eyebrow.
"No one have been able to make an Avatar that I am aware of."
Colin shook his head, "Not an artificially created one... a walk-in. I'm... not entirely at liberty to discuss all the details, but there's apparently an Avatar here who is inclined to inhabit miss Florentine."

"That is a probable hypothesis Mr Wainwright, but as we are moving into unknown territory do be careful, we frankly have no idea what Fallen shards will do to a Avatar like yours..."
"Yes, I am not at all eager to find out..."

"Well it might be possible, serious sentences are traditionally carried out in the Main Sentencing Hall, however given the age of the accused girl she might be granted some leniency for her comfort, that would be up to the Council of Nine to decide off course and if done on Earth it would have to be done somewhere like for example Steelhaven where reality just within this building have become more flexible...or Paradox would harshly affect the ritualists."
"It really would rely on the compassion and sympathy of the Council of Nine... Though, if The Admiral has taken the seat for the Children of Ether, she might be... more easily swayed than others. It would be a small concession for them to make, in any case; as that room is... somewhere beyond the realms of unpleasantness. I'm fairly certain the Masters who would perform the ritual would appreciate not feeling that extra discomfort over destroying a child like that, too..."

"Yes well I imagine you would have to get in line behind Master Nassa to get your chance to ehm...rearrange our rude guest's anatomy in such a manner, so yes let us hope the two never meet."
"I suppose it would depend on who got there first... and I'm not sure Master Nassa would leave much of anything behind, except for perhaps some compost..."

"Hum...yes he is not a plesant gentleman, well soon he will be the Security Council's problem and not ours...I do not like keeping this many Fallen prisoners in one place, it makes us far to tempting a target...not that we are not a target anyway but it would be better if we could send them to Horizon for them to deal with."
He nodded, "Hum... You know, one of the Fallen from Chicago knew him from his time there... Her last request, as it were, was for Diego to watch the others in line before him in the Sentencing Hall, knowing what would happen to him with greater certainty for each other Fallen... I promised to pass the request on, and I did, and Chief Morgan could not condone it, as expected... and neither could I, really, but I had to pass on the request. I'll be glad to have him out from under our roof; I'm half afraid he'll despoil our laundry capabilities for seven years merely by his presence in the laundry room..."

"You are not getting me this time, just you wait!"
The girl sitting next to Anna declared, she was smaller, but looked to be about the same age, her hair to was blond but it hung in a long braid down her slender back.
"No fair shooting my spaceship!"
Anna replied accompanied by music and the sounds of lasers from the video game the two girls was playing. At least your apprentice was having fun...her life had not been easy these last few months.
Colin grinned, "Now, now, girls, fight nicely... Is it really so unfair to shoot each others' spaceships?"

"Ah yes I almost forgot the Kiasyd your hum...Chantry was it...rescued are still here, he helped you take down your enemies did he not, find the way in their Labyrinths...that is what they where called I believe...anyway Kristina insisted we would take care of him until his pack could be found. I do not like to deal with his kind but anyway I thought you would like to know that the man is safe and hale."
Drake, the dark haired man said as he played with a cup of tea he was not drinking from.
Colin slowly sipped from his own teacup, "Yes, Chantry, like the Tremere have... they got it from us, back in the day. Hm, Kiasyd? Oh, the fey-blooded vampire? Good... Temporary alliance notwithstanding, I'd hate to hear he'd met with rough times after we went our separate ways. Hm, please forgive me, but I'm rather in two times at once, now - my memories of the past few months aside are a bit... incomplete, all of a sudden."

"Well the Hollowers do have the advantage that they actually are a Tradition in that they have a system of magick and organized training of their students, but yes the House you talk of might be able to create enough of a name for itself to be recognized, and enough favors, but it is hard to know for sure how such a project would go."
Colin nodded, "The House would not necessarily have a coherent system of magic, or even organized training as such - it would essentially be a nexus of connections and agreements, operated by a political philosophy and ideal rather than a magical one... We shall see..."

"Indeed there our prisoners might know nothing and this attack twenty years into the future are probably not even planned yet and all we can do is speculate, however it do not hurt to ask them a few extra questions."
Colin frowned, "The attack in twenty years... no, I don't see that one as the urgent concern. The one in two months, though, when mr. Dale faces his sentencing... I know nothing of who is behind it, only which way they plow through Concordia, and that they'll try to murder a Primi..."

"Then it have to be something serious...let us hope that particular part of your vision do not come to pass Mr Wainwright...as that might create more trouble internally in the Traditions than an attack on Horizon."
He pondered, "If it's that serious, I fear it's something that's been long brewing... I doubt it would be some great mistake they suddenly made; it would be something that's taken its time to fester in the entire House... and that is worrying."

((OOC: Ragnhild is willing to try, so if there's room for two, let me know, and we'll try to get there. Very Happy I can get us some character sheets. Smile ))

((OOC2: Yeah, kind of a Pyrrhic victory, innit? Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:33 pm

Colin shook his head, "Not an artificially created one... a walk-in. I'm... not entirely at liberty to discuss all the details, but there's apparently an Avatar here who is inclined to inhabit miss Florentine."

"Interesting...no off course do not tell me anything that you think will break someone's trust...but a walk in, yes that might save the girl but such a thing is very rare...I do hope the Avatar in question will not be leaving an existing host behind though so it leaves someone deprived."
George said sounding a little concerned.

"Yes, I am not at all eager to find out..."

"Good, keep it that way."

"It really would rely on the compassion and sympathy of the Council of Nine... Though, if The Admiral has taken the seat for the Children of Ether, she might be... more easily swayed than others. It would be a small concession for them to make, in any case; as that room is... somewhere beyond the realms of unpleasantness. I'm fairly certain the Masters who would perform the ritual would appreciate not feeling that extra discomfort over destroying a child like that, too..."

"I have not heard anything about Dr Spence leaving his seat, so I doubt it will happen that soon...but yes it would depend on the Council's willingness to show compassion, and there is a chance you can talk them into forgoing the whole being dragged naked to the Main Sentencing Hall and rather let the ritual be done somewhere the young girl feel more at ease...as for those who will be performing the Gilgul...I am not sure doing that ritual...changes you."
The old mage said something dark in your eyes.
"You are never...the same after performing such a foul deed."
He muttered and shuddered.

"I suppose it would depend on who got there first... and I'm not sure Master Nassa would leave much of anything behind, except for perhaps some compost..."

"Well the good Verbena Master needs something to fertilize his beloved plants with...but no chances are that if Diego hurt Miss Alexander and Master Nassa got to him first, that would be the end of our unpleasant guest."

He nodded, "Hum... You know, one of the Fallen from Chicago knew him from his time there... Her last request, as it were, was for Diego to watch the others in line before him in the Sentencing Hall, knowing what would happen to him with greater certainty for each other Fallen... I promised to pass the request on, and I did, and Chief Morgan could not condone it, as expected... and neither could I, really, but I had to pass on the request. I'll be glad to have him out from under our roof; I'm half afraid he'll despoil our laundry capabilities for seven years merely by his presence in the laundry room..."

"Well now that is a quite horrific thing to request, I can not imagine the terror the man would feel seeing...that...no I can not condone that either Mr Wainwright, no matter what Diego have done he do not deserve to watch his fellow Nephandi...meet their end in such a way, the horror of the ritual laid out before him in all it's terrible glory...I guess our rude guest really are not popular, even with his own kind."
The old Gurnicus said with a deep frown.

Colin grinned, "Now, now, girls, fight nicely... Is it really so unfair to shoot each others' spaceships?"

"Alexandra shot my little spaceship right off the track..."
Anna said and giggled.
"Well you bombed mine."
The young vampire replied and smiled.
"Ok...ok you win this time...new round?"
Anna asked and Alexandra nodded and the game was started again.

Colin slowly sipped from his own teacup, "Yes, Chantry, like the Tremere have... they got it from us, back in the day.

"I see...I suspected as much."
The vampire said and nodded still playing with his teacup, the hot drink was of excellent quality but he did not touch it, you remember when helping the Mercere of Chicago get their new home painted you had watched over "Ellen", the vampire they had been allowed to keep until it was decided what should be do about it and you had offered the poor creature sweets, but she had not touched them either, perhaps they where not able to eat anything but...well what vampires was supposed to consume.

Hm, Kiasyd? Oh, the fey-blooded vampire? Good... Temporary alliance notwithstanding, I'd hate to hear he'd met with rough times after we went our separate ways. Hm, please forgive me, but I'm rather in two times at once, now - my memories of the past few months aside are a bit... incomplete, all of a sudden."

"That is the name of those of my kind with fay blood yes...and yes while my friend is less than pleased about having a member of the Sabbat at the mansion he have been well treated and we have some leads on his pack, we might be able to get him back to his own soon."
Drake...who had not given any indication if that was his first or last name said.
"Ah time do not flow just one way for you...yes I can see that...perhaps I can alleviate any confusion you might have Mr Wainwright while we anyway have to sit there and watch over our respective young."
He said with a big, friendly smile.

Colin nodded, "The House would not necessarily have a coherent system of magic, or even organized training as such - it would essentially be a nexus of connections and agreements, operated by a political philosophy and ideal rather than a magical one... We shall see..."

"I am not sure that would fit the definition of a magickal Tradition, however yes time will tell, there is little we can do one way or another about that right now."

Colin frowned, "The attack in twenty years... no, I don't see that one as the urgent concern. The one in two months, though, when mr. Dale faces his sentencing... I know nothing of who is behind it, only which way they plow through Concordia, and that they'll try to murder a Primi..."

"Hum...it could be anyone...but yes that might be in the planning stages and there is a chance our prisoners know about it, if the Nephandi are to blame that is, we do not know that the attack will be from them...off course there is one thing you should keep in mind Mr Wainwright...if you work to stop that attack and are successful, Mr Dale will not save one of the Primi and be granted leniency and your future old friend...would be facing a far harsher future than to be kept tabs on by the Security Council..."
The old mage warned.
"On the other hand we do not want Horizon to be attacked, we do not want anyone to be hurt..."

He pondered, "If it's that serious, I fear it's something that's been long brewing... I doubt it would be some great mistake they suddenly made; it would be something that's taken its time to fester in the entire House... and that is worrying."

"Yes if it is something that serious, chances are it have been brewing for some time yes, and this whole thing concern me deeply, we need to try to find out what is happening with the Janissary, before it is to late..."
The old mage muttered, learning not liking the implications of what you where telling him.

(OOC: Wonderful then I will ask the one catless player I have if she have room for two more players and if it is ok for everyone, one of my players are rather shy and this is her first game but I will ask.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:45 pm

"Interesting...no off course do not tell me anything that you think will break someone's trust...but a walk in, yes that might save the girl but such a thing is very rare...I do hope the Avatar in question will not be leaving an existing host behind though so it leaves someone deprived."
Colin shook his head, "No, it's a... secondary Avatar. A natural occurence, unlike Teomim's."

"I have not heard anything about Dr Spence leaving his seat, so I doubt it will happen that soon...but yes it would depend on the Council's willingness to show compassion, and there is a chance you can talk them into forgoing the whole being dragged naked to the Main Sentencing Hall and rather let the ritual be done somewhere the young girl feel more at ease...as for those who will be performing the Gilgul...I am not sure doing that ritual...changes you."
The old mage said something dark in your eyes.
"You are never...the same after performing such a foul deed."
Colin nodded, "I don't know when Dr. Spence will retire, but it will be soon enough for Admiral Hastings to make some drastic changes and greatly expand on Horizon's defensive fleet... I would hazard it to be within a few years, actually, on account of the quality of the defensive training I saw in the vision... And yes, I imagine the ritual kills something within everyone involved... It's hard enough to see; I don't want to contemplate how it must be to take part in it..."

"Well now that is a quite horrific thing to request, I can not imagine the terror the man would feel seeing...that...no I can not condone that either Mr Wainwright, no matter what Diego have done he do not deserve to watch his fellow Nephandi...meet their end in such a way, the horror of the ritual laid out before him in all it's terrible glory...I guess our rude guest really are not popular, even with his own kind."
Colin smirked wryly, "You know, I just might offer Diego the greatest counter-insult... to light a candle for his passing, as I will and have done for other enemies... That might give him pause; at least it might render him speechless for a while, and give his guard a reprieve..."

"Alexandra shot my little spaceship right off the track..."
Anna said and giggled.
"Well you bombed mine."
The young vampire replied and smiled.
"Ok...ok you win this time...new round?"
Anna asked and Alexandra nodded and the game was started again.
Colin chuckled, "It's a lot like the games of my youth, you know... there's nothing like playing with someone close enough to accidentally elbow them at a crucial moment... but that's unsportsmanly, so I can't recommend you do that..."

"I see...I suspected as much."
He carefully watched Drake's teacup, "Pardon me if I seem to pry here, but... do you even drink tea? I've noticed you sniff it occasionally, but you never actually touch the cup to your lips..."

"That is the name of those of my kind with fay blood yes...and yes while my friend is less than pleased about having a member of the Sabbat at the mansion he have been well treated and we have some leads on his pack, we might be able to get him back to his own soon."
"Sabbat... that's a faction similar to Anarchs, or...? And I expect the good fellow will appreciate the opportunity to come home soon. It's never pleasant to be too long separated from one's own, whoever they are."

"Ah time do not flow just one way for you...yes I can see that...perhaps I can alleviate any confusion you might have Mr Wainwright while we anyway have to sit there and watch over our respective young."
Colin leaned back and put down his teacup, shaking his head, "Time does indeed not flow only one way for me. In fact, some times now, I've felt like I've been in a three-way where two of us are surprised participants. Hum... the first gap that comes to mind, since you brought the fellow up in the first place, would be... how and where did we enlist the Kiasyd's aid? I imagine he might have been a little desperate since we'd happened to confiscate his dagger..."

"I am not sure that would fit the definition of a magickal Tradition, however yes time will tell, there is little we can do one way or another about that right now."
Colin smiled, "No, it wouldn't... and that would rather be the point, to an extent. A truly Independent House, beholden to no single Tradition, to avoid the unfortunate distrust the Mercere have laboured under as a Hermetic House."

"Hum...it could be anyone...but yes that might be in the planning stages and there is a chance our prisoners know about it, if the Nephandi are to blame that is, we do not know that the attack will be from them...off course there is one thing you should keep in mind Mr Wainwright...if you work to stop that attack and are successful, Mr Dale will not save one of the Primi and be granted leniency and your future old friend...would be facing a far harsher future than to be kept tabs on by the Security Council..."
The old mage warned.
"On the other hand we do not want Horizon to be attacked, we do not want anyone to be hurt..."
He pondered, "I think the best we can do, with the greatest accuracy and best chance of success, is to prepare rapid evacuation from the path whoever invades will take. Structural damage is negligible, if we can get the people clear of the danger zone in time."

"Yes if it is something that serious, chances are it have been brewing for some time yes, and this whole thing concern me deeply, we need to try to find out what is happening with the Janissary, before it is to late..."
He sighed, "I doubt I will be the one to find out what the trouble is, though, unless I can make miss Bergen's Mentor slip up on a friendly visit. And frankly, I doubt that will happen..."

((OOC: Awesome! If you think it will help, you can tell her I only bite my fiancée. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:58 am

"Why do the one like you with short gray hair say she need a babysitter for the one called Jane then...we have heard many humans say they need babysitters...why are they called that if they do not sit on babies, that makes any sense."

"Ah, of course I see the problem," he said with a grin. "That's an idiom, something humans say that has a fixed expression that is not deducible literally from the words the phrase is built upon. Babysitters do not really sit on babies."

"I like Jane she plays with us..."The imp said and she jumped up and down in agreement with the suggestion. "Perhaps she felt the gray shadow outside and got scarred...I do not like the gray shadow...it was inside when the thing that was physical but not attacked those like you but then as the wards got stronger it went outside but we can see it out there at times and it is scary, it is like me but it is bad."

He frowned down at Curly. "Grey shadow? Is it a spirit? Where was it inside and how did it get in here?" he said, concerned. "And did you tell Master about it yet? What thing that was physical but not...please can you explain a bit more when all this took place, in the sequence of things?" he asked the little imp. "Let's go see if Mrs Jane is alright..."

The spider spirit looked at you, chittered and then continued to work on the threadbare spot on your sweater, happy to work and to preserve something performing his function and repairing your sweater would do just as any other project

"Perhaps you won't mind a little trip, Harry...I might need your help," he said, worried about the Chorister girl and the others in the chantry.

// poor Colin and his preja vu...it's a hard life being a pre-cog
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:16 am

Colin:

Colin shook his head, "No, it's a... secondary Avatar. A natural occurence, unlike Teomim's."

"Hum...a companion then...there are some theories that they will eventually leave the soul they have been orbiting for many lifestimes and find a host of their own...well if that happens it will be a lucky accident indeed..."

Colin nodded, "I don't know when Dr. Spence will retire, but it will be soon enough for Admiral Hastings to make some drastic changes and greatly expand on Horizon's defensive fleet... I would hazard it to be within a few years, actually, on account of the quality of the defensive training I saw in the vision...

"Well the last time I spoke with Dr Spence I could see that he is tired the man is quite introvert and shy in the presence of others that makes it hard to work as the Primus of his Tradition."
George mushed.
"Perhaps you are right that he will retire soon."

And yes, I imagine the ritual kills something within everyone involved... It's hard enough to see; I don't want to contemplate how it must be to take part in it..."

The old Guernicus looked away and was silent for a moment then in a soft voice he muttered.
"It...is bad, even when you are convinced the target of the ritual deserve it and you are doing the world a favor...it is bad, and every time you do it, well it eats away at you, until there is nothing left..."

Colin smirked wryly, "You know, I just might offer Diego the greatest counter-insult... to light a candle for his passing, as I will and have done for other enemies... That might give him pause; at least it might render him speechless for a while, and give his guard a reprieve..."

"To bind your enemies with kindness...well it is an...interesting strategy, let me know how that one turns out."
George said sound a bit amused but at the same time his voice was still hollow from the last topic of discussion.

Colin chuckled, "It's a lot like the games of my youth, you know... there's nothing like playing with someone close enough to accidentally elbow them at a crucial moment... but that's unsportsmanly, so I can't recommend you do that..."

"It is the whole point to take out the opponent Mentor."
Anna said then the game announced "Quake" and Alexandra hissed at the screen.
"Hell that took out allot of my health and now my little space ship is o fire!"
Drake glanced up from his teacup.
"My dear if you are going to swear do so when you really mean it and do not hiss at things..."
He told her and his Childe muttered.
"Sorry..."
Anna had now spotted Alexandra's fangs though and was full of questions about them.
"Ohh do they come out like cat claws?"
She asked and Alexandra nodded.
"Do it hurt?"
The little Nephandus continues to ask and the vampire shook her head.
"No there are canals or something to retract into, you can push at the gums to make them come out just like with cat claws..."
She said and Anna nodded.
"That is neat, they look sharp to..."
Alexandra smiled and retracted her fangs again.
"Yeah they are sharp so we do not kill someone we feed on, they are like needles."
She said and Anna shook her head.
"No they are not, I hate needles but those teeth of yours are pretty cool..."
Alexandra nodded then she looked at her new friend.
"Thank you...do you hate needles because of those bruises of your arm I saw them earlier...I know you are some sort of prisoner do they hurt you."
She asked and Anna looked down and stopped playing the game.
"Not really the busies hurt a little and I feel sick at times...they give me injections to stop me using magick and I am afraid I will never get to use it again...I feel trapped and alone as if half of me is locked away from me and that is uncomfortable but I guess they are as kind about it as they can be, especially my Mentor but...I hated needles before I was taken prisoner..."
She muttered softly and Alexandra put the game on pause and put her arm around the young mage.
"Did something happen?"
She asked and Anna hesitated then she nodded.
"My Mentor...I mean my first Mentor he...would torture people and when he was tired of them...he...would take these long needles and push them through their eyes...into their brains one at a time until they died...and I would watch and hear them scream and she them convulse in their bonds I..."
Anna suddenly got to her feet.
"I need fresh air."
She declared and ran out of the room. Alexandra looked confused for a moment then she got up as well and ran after her new friend.
"I am sorry...I did not mean to upset you...Anna...Anna..."
She called after the young mage.

He carefully watched Drake's teacup, "Pardon me if I seem to pry here, but... do you even drink tea? I've noticed you sniff it occasionally, but you never actually touch the cup to your lips..."

The vampire looked down at his teacup again then shook his head.
"No my good man I unfortunately do not, I can appreciate the scent...the color of the brew and the heat of the cup in my hand...but I can not digest it, I am afraid that if I where to consume it then it would come back up again in a most unseemly manner..."
He said regretfully.
"It is a shame really but it is what it is..."

"Sabbat... that's a faction similar to Anarchs, or...? And I expect the good fellow will appreciate the opportunity to come home soon. It's never pleasant to be too long separated from one's own, whoever they are."

"Yes they are a faction...Kristina tells me that your kind have four factions in war with one another yes? Well then the Sabbat would be like one of those factions, Anarchs to are a faction but they work more tightly with another of our groups, the Sabbat though are the enemies of the faction I and Kristina's husband used to be of before we had a chance to stand alone...so yes we will be pleased then the man is returned to his own, what he himself prefer though is hard to know, though of fay blood are often mysterious...even to my own kind..."
The dark haired vampire said and turned his teacup around in his hand again.

Colin leaned back and put down his teacup, shaking his head, "Time does indeed not flow only one way for me. In fact, some times now, I've felt like I've been in a three-way where two of us are surprised participants.

"Ah yes I know the feeling...but for you I get the impression it is more of a literal reality than just a sensation Mr Wainwright..."

Hum... the first gap that comes to mind, since you brought the fellow up in the first place, would be... how and where did we enlist the Kiasyd's aid? I imagine he might have been a little desperate since we'd happened to confiscate his dagger..."

"Ah yes the dagger...funny thing that from what Mr Ameli told me he needed to replace that dagger and called a local silversmith shop to inquire about a quick custom order for a new one, and that shop as fate would have it belonged to a mage, the shop was closed up for the weekend though so only the answering machine got his inquiry and he was traced from that...fate do work in mysterious was at times, of all the silversmith's shops he could have called..."
The vampire said sounding amused.
"Ah would you care for some more tea Mr Wainwright?"
He asked then he looked up as Anna ran out and then told Alexandra.
"Bring her back little one...gently..."

Colin smiled, "No, it wouldn't... and that would rather be the point, to an extent. A truly Independent House, beholden to no single Tradition, to avoid the unfortunate distrust the Mercere have laboured under as a Hermetic House."

"Well there would be some benefit to that...to someone not bound to one Tradition or another, but it might still be hard to get such a group recognized enough for a seat on the Council...but well you will have to form the House first Mr Wainwright before there is any point in using time discussing what status it might one day hold."
George said and smiled.

He pondered, "I think the best we can do, with the greatest accuracy and best chance of success, is to prepare rapid evacuation from the path whoever invades will take. Structural damage is negligible, if we can get the people clear of the danger zone in time."

"That might be a solid plan but it is hard to have such a plan ready when we do not know when or how the attack will take place, it is perhaps something to bring before the Council of Nine though to see what our leaders think about the matter..."

He sighed, "I doubt I will be the one to find out what the trouble is, though, unless I can make miss Bergen's Mentor slip up on a friendly visit. And frankly, I doubt that will happen..."

"No that is not likely Mr Wainwright, Master Boz is a stout man, he says what he want to say and nothing else...but I can not imagine he would do anything to cause that kind of trouble for the Traditions he have fought for us many times and put his life on the line...and the bear the scars to prove it...he is a good man...off course do try to see what you can get from him but if he have a secret I doubt you can make him slip up..."
The old Guernicus said his eyes narrowing a bit at the prospect of upheaval in the Traditions and in the Order of Hermes itself.

Adley:

"Ah, of course I see the problem," he said with a grin. "That's an idiom, something humans say that has a fixed expression that is not deducible literally from the words the phrase is built upon. Babysitters do not really sit on babies."

"Then why are they called babysitters? That makes no sense humans are so odd..."
The little imp complained.
"So what do babysitters do if they do not sit on babies?"

He frowned down at Curly. "Grey shadow? Is it a spirit?

"Yes it is a spirit...a bad spirit I do not like him."
Curly said and looked up at you and pouted.

Where was it inside and how did it get in here?" he said, concerned. "And did you tell Master about it yet?

"It came in through the window in the domain of the one who makes traps and runes and is angry allot...yes we told Master and he said he would banish it and he did but it is lurking outside...it can not come back in."
She said.
"It was in the hallways..."

What thing that was physical but not...please can you explain a bit more when all this took place, in the sequence of things?"

"It came with the thing that eats that which we can not touch, the thing that is physical and not that you made to go away from the now...the gray shadow was here when the thing that eats was here and until we told Master about it, then Master said funny words and it was gone but Master seamed worried...I do not like to see Master worried...and now it is back outside...see I can do sequences..."
Curly said and looked at you expecting praise.

he asked the little imp. "Let's go see if Mrs Jane is alright..."

"Yes...let us do that..."
Curly said and climbed up to your shoulder she stopped to stick her tongue out at Harry, which the spider gaffling seamed completely unmoved by as it continued to spin and do his work then Curly setteled down on your shoulder and happily demanded.
"Carry me Master's student..."

"Perhaps you won't mind a little trip, Harry...I might need your help," he said, worried about the Chorister girl and the others in the chantry.

Harry looked up at you and chittered contentedly and continued to repair the spiritual representation of your hoodie, which would eventually repair it's physical side as well, the spider spirit seamed to be happy as long as he could work and preserve something.

(OOC: I will be sure to tell her that. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:40 am

"Then why are they called babysitters? That makes no sense humans are so odd..." The little imp complained. "So what do babysitters do if they do not sit on babies?"

He chuckled, nodding his head. "Yes, we are odd. Babysitters help take care of babies and children and keep them safe while their parens are away," he explained.

"Yes it is a spirit...a bad spirit I do not like him." Curly said and looked up at you and pouted.

"What sort of spirit is it, do you know, this...grey..."

"It came in through the window in the domain of the one who makes traps and runes and is angry allot...yes we told Master and he said he would banish it and he did but it is lurking outside...it can not come back in."

"Ah, I see...did you also tell Master it came in through that window?"

"It came with the thing that eats that which we can not touch, the thing that is physical and not that you made to go away from the now...the gray shadow was here when the thing that eats was here and until we told Master about it, then Master said funny words and it was gone but Master seamed worried...I do not like to see Master worried...and now it is back outside...see I can do sequences..."

"Yes, you have gotten quite advanced, haven't you? That was a very good explanation. I understand now, thank you."

"Yes...let us do that..." Curly said and climbed up to your shoulder she stopped to stick her tongue out at Harry, which the spider gaffling seamed completely unmoved by as it continued to spin and do his work then Curly setteled down on your shoulder and happily demanded. "Carry me Master's student...

"I am not your palanquin, Curly, my friend," he said, though he made no motion to stop her from crawling up him like a telephone poll either. "I do not mind carrying you but it is polite to request and not demand it, since you are able to do so. Alright, then which way do we go?" he asked the fire imp, as he turned to head towards the girl's room.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:00 am

He chuckled, nodding his head. "Yes, we are odd. Babysitters help take care of babies and children and keep them safe while their parens are away," he explained.

"Well I guess that can be useful...though I still think it is strange to call something something when that is not what you do."
Curly said and pouted.

"What sort of spirit is it, do you know, this...grey..."

"It is higher ranked than us...that I know other than that all I know is that it is bad..."
The little imp said.

"Ah, I see...did you also tell Master it came in through that window?"

"No we did not...should we have told Master that? We only said that the spirit was here..."

"Yes, you have gotten quite advanced, haven't you? That was a very good explanation. I understand now, thank you."

Curly beamed up at you and smiled contentedly at the praise.

"I am not your palanquin, Curly, my friend," he said, though he made no motion to stop her from crawling up him like a telephone poll either. "I do not mind carrying you but it is polite to request and not demand it, since you are able to do so.

The imp pouted at your mild rebuttal.
"Okey...can you carry me Master's student?"
She asked as she settled down on your shoulder still pouting just a bit.

Alright, then which way do we go?" he asked the fire imp, as he turned to head towards the girl's room.

"Down, Jane is on the second floor."
Curly said and pointed.
"Can you go through walls Master's student for that is the fastest to just go down through the floor."
She declared as she joyfully bounced on your shoulder.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:04 am

"Well the last time I spoke with Dr Spence I could see that he is tired the man is quite introvert and shy in the presence of others that makes it hard to work as the Primus of his Tradition."
George mushed.
"Perhaps you are right that he will retire soon."
Colin nodded, "As I understand it, he is a fine administrator, but not so strong a leader... I can sympathize with that; it's... not an easy thing to take center stage when you'd rather work in peace..."

"It is the whole point to take out the opponent Mentor."
Colin grinned, "Then you will simply have to learn fast; the lay of the level, where your opponent will hide..."

"Not really the busies hurt a little and I feel sick at times...they give me injections to stop me using magick and I am afraid I will never get to use it again...I feel trapped and alone as if half of me is locked away from me and that is uncomfortable but I guess they are as kind about it as they can be, especially my Mentor but...I hated needles before I was taken prisoner..."
He frowned, "And I wish I had an alternative at hand... I looked into a spray solution, but the injection needs to go all the way into the muscle... I'm sorry..."

"My Mentor...I mean my first Mentor he...would torture people and when he was tired of them...he...would take these long needles and push them through their eyes...into their brains one at a time until they died...and I would watch and hear them scream and she them convulse in their bonds I..."
Anna suddenly got to her feet.
"I need fresh air."
She declared and ran out of the room. Alexandra looked confused for a moment then she got up as well and ran after her new friend.
"I am sorry...I did not mean to upset you...Anna...Anna..."
He half-rose from his chair, "Anna, you..."
Then he sank back down and nodded to Alexandra, "I think she'll be alright, but... could you please make sure?"

"No my good man I unfortunately do not, I can appreciate the scent...the color of the brew and the heat of the cup in my hand...but I can not digest it, I am afraid that if I where to consume it then it would come back up again in a most unseemly manner..."
He nodded, "An inconvenience indeed... Hm, one more thing I can keep in mind if I suspect someone is a vampire, I suppose... A more reliable test than scattering seeds or blocking their way with rose petals, at least, and less conspicuous..."

"Yes they are a faction...Kristina tells me that your kind have four factions in war with one another yes? Well then the Sabbat would be like one of those factions, Anarchs to are a faction but they work more tightly with another of our groups, the Sabbat though are the enemies of the faction I and Kristina's husband used to be of before we had a chance to stand alone...so yes we will be pleased then the man is returned to his own, what he himself prefer though is hard to know, though of fay blood are often mysterious...even to my own kind..."
"Ah, the wonderful world of politics... Hum, there are fey-blooded Magi, as well. They're a bit... different, too."

"Ah yes I know the feeling...but for you I get the impression it is more of a literal reality than just a sensation Mr Wainwright..."
"Very much so. Even now, as I'm sitting here with one cup of tea, I'm also in the apartment of the Deacon Primus of my own Chantry several months ago, being evaluated for the early advancement that allowed me to take in Anna... It's a bit confusing, but it's not the first time, nor will it be the last, I think."

"Ah yes the dagger...funny thing that from what Mr Ameli told me he needed to replace that dagger and called a local silversmith shop to inquire about a quick custom order for a new one, and that shop as fate would have it belonged to a mage, the shop was closed up for the weekend though so only the answering machine got his inquiry and he was traced from that...fate do work in mysterious was at times, of all the silversmith's shops he could have called..."
He grinned, "Oh, excellent... To paraphrase Bogart, of all the silver shops in all the cities in all the world, he had to call mine... I'll have to run down and check the answering machine right away, then. Can't let the fellow go hungry... Er, when I open my eyes in September again, I mean..."

"Ah would you care for some more tea Mr Wainwright?"
He asked then he looked up as Anna ran out and then told Alexandra.
"Bring her back little one...gently..."
"Ah, thank you... and let's let Anna get a little fresh air, just... make sure she doesn't try to run. She's still not... well; the strain might be bad for her..."

"Well there would be some benefit to that...to someone not bound to one Tradition or another, but it might still be hard to get such a group recognized enough for a seat on the Council...but well you will have to form the House first Mr Wainwright before there is any point in using time discussing what status it might one day hold."
Colin nodded, "And to build that House, I suppose I need the Council's blessing... One step at a time."

"That might be a solid plan but it is hard to have such a plan ready when we do not know when or how the attack will take place, it is perhaps something to bring before the Council of Nine though to see what our leaders think about the matter..."
He leaned back and closed his eyes, remembering what he'd seen of the path of destruction, "I could show you on a map roughly what the attack vector would be. Buildings were damaged and... it'll be two months from now, give or take a few days; the same day mr. Dale is to be Sentenced, and that can be determined in advance... There... will be casualties, but I think we can avoid the worst by giving advance warning of where the strike will land..."

"No that is not likely Mr Wainwright, Master Boz is a stout man, he says what he want to say and nothing else...but I can not imagine he would do anything to cause that kind of trouble for the Traditions he have fought for us many times and put his life on the line...and the bear the scars to prove it...he is a good man...off course do try to see what you can get from him but if he have a secret I doubt you can make him slip up..."
He nodded, "Master Boz seems a wise and experienced man, by miss Bergen's description. Hum, come to think of it, mr. Bergen did imply there is a rot in Hose Janissary. He might know more..."

((OOC: Eh, pre-cog isn't so bad, I guess. Post-cog would be worse. Imagine going through life, seeing visions of Bad Stuff that happened months earlier? Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:55 am

Discussion with George Steelhaven:

Colin nodded, "As I understand it, he is a fine administrator, but not so strong a leader... I can sympathize with that; it's... not an easy thing to take center stage when you'd rather work in peace..."

"Yes that is my impression of Dr Spence as well, he is a good man and a good administrator but he is not the strongest leader, probably the Sons of Ether would be better of with him as a researcher but that is going to be up to them."

Colin nodded, "And to build that House, I suppose I need the Council's blessing... One step at a time."

"Actually no, you can make any House or organization you like, you only need permission if you want that House to be a part of an established Tradition...whatever or not someone will take it seriously though that is another matter."

He leaned back and closed his eyes, remembering what he'd seen of the path of destruction, "I could show you on a map roughly what the attack vector would be. Buildings were damaged and... it'll be two months from now, give or take a few days; the same day mr. Dale is to be Sentenced, and that can be determined in advance... There... will be casualties, but I think we can avoid the worst by giving advance warning of where the strike will land..."

George nodded and stood, putting a hand to the small of his back and groaned softly before he went to one of his bookshelves and found a rolled up mat and spread it over the table, moving the plate with scones out of the way to do so.
"Well this is a map of Concordia city...it is a few years old but it should still do, where was it the destruction from the attack was concentrated Mr Wainwright?"
The old magus asked.

He nodded, "Master Boz seems a wise and experienced man, by miss Bergen's description. Hum, come to think of it, mr. Bergen did imply there is a rot in Hose Janissary. He might know more..."

"Ah yes we are going to have to have a talk with Mr Bergen then he might be willing to talk when it concerns the safety of his daughter."
The old magus said.
"We have little else to go on at the moment hopefully something can be learned from the man."

Future Vision in France:

Colin grinned, "Then you will simply have to learn fast; the lay of the level, where your opponent will hide..."

Anna smiled at that.
"Yeah memorizing the level is a good idea Mentor, so I get get her in the jumps where her spaceship will fly off course."
She said enthusiastically and Alexandra stuck out her tongue at her new friend.

He frowned, "And I wish I had an alternative at hand... I looked into a spray solution, but the injection needs to go all the way into the muscle... I'm sorry..."

"I know, and I know you have asked Nico to work on another form of restraint..."
Anna muttered and looked down she scratched and the bruishes from the injection on her arm and winced a little.

He half-rose from his chair, "Anna, you..."
Then he sank back down and nodded to Alexandra, "I think she'll be alright, but... could you please make sure?"

Alexandra gave you a nod in agreement.
"I will go and find Anna and make sure she is alright Mr Wainwright, she do not mean to run away I think Sir she is just scared..."
The young vampire muttered before she ran after Anna calling her name.

He nodded, "An inconvenience indeed... Hm, one more thing I can keep in mind if I suspect someone is a vampire, I suppose... A more reliable test than scattering seeds or blocking their way with rose petals, at least, and less conspicuous..."

"Ah yes the legends that say we have a tendency for OCD...well some of my own Clan might but I do not think rose petals will generally work to well for you, if however you have someone only seen at night that never eats, that might be worth looking into."
The dark haired man said sounding amused.
"But yes at times I miss the taste of a good brew..."

"Ah, the wonderful world of politics... Hum, there are fey-blooded Magi, as well. They're a bit... different, too."

"Yes indeed, one of the reason why Kristina's husband and I left the main brunt of our society, we got tired of all the politics. Hum...fay blooded magi...interesting I would love to meet one sometime."

"Very much so. Even now, as I'm sitting here with one cup of tea, I'm also in the apartment of the Deacon Primus of my own Chantry several months ago, being evaluated for the early advancement that allowed me to take in Anna... It's a bit confusing, but it's not the first time, nor will it be the last, I think."

"A Deacon Primus is...the leader of your Chantry right? Somewhat similar to our Princes I take it from the way Kristina treat the one bearing that title in the Chantry she belong to."
Drake asked then he grinned.
"Time might be more than just a linear road Mr Wainwright, perhaps it is more like a string of experiences and you can jump between those strings at will..."

He grinned, "Oh, excellent... To paraphrase Bogart, of all the silver shops in all the cities in all the world, he had to call mine... I'll have to run down and check the answering machine right away, then. Can't let the fellow go hungry... Er, when I open my eyes in September again, I mean..."

"I am sure he will find some way to feed, but yes his kind are creatures of refined taste I am sure he really want a replacement for the dagger he lost."
The dark haired man said.
"September...hum...three months then we are in December though we have not had much snow to speak of yet."
He said and seamed to take the whole time displacement issue in stride.

"Ah, thank you... and let's let Anna get a little fresh air, just... make sure she doesn't try to run. She's still not... well; the strain might be bad for her..."

"I know I can hear that her heartbeat is uneven and she struggle to breathe at times..."
Alexandra said sounding concerned.
"I will go and find her and then let her get some fresh air and bring her back Sir."
She said before she headed after Anna.

And then suddenly you was back in George Steelhaven's apartment sitting in his old, worn chair, the old Magus himself looking at you.
"Hum...interesting...are you well Mr Wainwright?"
He asked.

(OOC: Well that would be bad PTSD Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:46 am

Present, Boston:
"Actually no, you can make any House or organization you like, you only need permission if you want that House to be a part of an established Tradition...whatever or not someone will take it seriously though that is another matter."
Colin smiled, "I expect I'll need their blessing if I'm to have any success... Their approval would make the first fledgling steps a lot easier."

"Well this is a map of Concordia city...it is a few years old but it should still do, where was it the destruction from the attack was concentrated Mr Wainwright?"
Colin looked at the map, fairly quickly scanning for the Main Sentencing Hall and the Verbena Clinic, "Let's see... the road up was largely a straight line, with most of the damage along the sides, I think..."
He tapped a point on the map, "I believe the starting point was here, forming essentially a spearpoint up to the Sentencing Hall, where we finally stop the remains of the charge..."

"Ah yes we are going to have to have a talk with Mr Bergen then he might be willing to talk when it concerns the safety of his daughter."
The old magus said.
"We have little else to go on at the moment hopefully something can be learned from the man."
"He... just might be significantly more cooperative when he gets to see his daughter again. We should at least give him that much comfort as soon as is practical."

Christmas in Paris:
"Yeah memorizing the level is a good idea Mentor, so I get get her in the jumps where her spaceship will fly off course."
Colin grinned, "Always strive to learn the terrain - makes it easier to spot if something is out of place."

"I know, and I know you have asked Nico to work on another form of restraint..."
He smiled, "Patience, child... there's only so much wiggle room, and Nico can only work so many hours in a day, even with help..."

"I will go and find Anna and make sure she is alright Mr Wainwright, she do not mean to run away I think Sir she is just scared..."
He nodded, "She is perfectly right to be..."

"Ah yes the legends that say we have a tendency for OCD...well some of my own Clan might but I do not think rose petals will generally work to well for you, if however you have someone only seen at night that never eats, that might be worth looking into."
The dark haired man said sounding amused.
"But yes at times I miss the taste of a good brew..."
He grinned, "Aside from Renfield-like ghouls, I find that there's little in the old books that fits all vampires. Even less so in the... more recent novels. Sparkly-assed prettyboys notwithstanding."
He pondered, "You know, I suppose it would be a fairly easy thing to make a small stone or similar that tastes like a good cup of tea; sort of like one of Willy Wonka's Everlasting Gobstoppers. I suppose I could look into that for you."

"Yes indeed, one of the reason why Kristina's husband and I left the main brunt of our society, we got tired of all the politics. Hum...fay blooded magi...interesting I would love to meet one sometime."
He smiled slyly, "Are you really certain you would like to meet one? Really really certain?"

"A Deacon Primus is...the leader of your Chantry right? Somewhat similar to our Princes I take it from the way Kristina treat the one bearing that title in the Chantry she belong to."
He pondered, "Yes, the leader of the Chantry. Not entirely on par with your Princes, as I understand it - the Deacon Primus is the highest position in a single Chantry, but there are often multiple Chantries in a given city. Of course, a Deacon Primus is generally a Mage of such power that they could turn the city itself into a cherry sundae with chocolate sauce if they wanted to, but the consequences of doing something like that, well... you have your reasons for flying under the radar, we have ours."

"Time might be more than just a linear road Mr Wainwright, perhaps it is more like a string of experiences and you can jump between those strings at will..."
"Most people see time as a linear progression from cause to effect, but from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey ball."

"I am sure he will find some way to feed, but yes his kind are creatures of refined taste I am sure he really want a replacement for the dagger he lost."
The dark haired man said.
"September...hum...three months then we are in December though we have not had much snow to speak of yet."
"Indeed... Global climate change seems to be a more real thing every year, despite what conservative politicians might think..."

Back in Boston in September:
"Hum...interesting...are you well Mr Wainwright?"
Colin blinked and sat upright, "Very well; I just had... er, an interview with a vampire, so to speak. The sire of a playmate for Anna, in France for a small vacation in December. I just managed to learn that the fey-blooded vampire that was encountered earlier has left a message on my answering machine in the shop, as he needs a new silver blade... I need to get Master Narim's help to track the fellow, quickly."

((OOC: Not if the poor sot with the visions was never even near where those events took place. It would really suck to, say, see the panic and bloodshed of a massacre that took place three hours ago on another continent, before you've even seen the news... Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Present Boston:

Colin smiled, "I expect I'll need their blessing if I'm to have any success... Their approval would make the first fledgling steps a lot easier."

"The Council of Nine's endorsement would be a tremendous boon to get such an endeavor started indeed."
George said and nodded.

Colin looked at the map, fairly quickly scanning for the Main Sentencing Hall and the Verbena Clinic, "Let's see... the road up was largely a straight line, with most of the damage along the sides, I think..."

The Main Sentencing Hall and the Council Chambers was in the same building, the massive Horizon Chantry which laid in the center of Concordia with the rest of the city sprawling out around it, you find the street that the Verbena clinic was on and could see that the attack would have centered on the Chantry building and then gone West...well if the directions was the same on Horizon.
"I see...perhaps the attack was done with an Umbral ship then...or something else from above..."
George said as he looked down at the map.

He tapped a point on the map, "I believe the starting point was here, forming essentially a spearpoint up to the Sentencing Hall, where we finally stop the remains of the charge..."

"A ship dropping ground troops perhaps who then quickly had to flee."
The old mage mushed as he looked at the map and listened to what you where saying.

"He... just might be significantly more cooperative when he gets to see his daughter again. We should at least give him that much comfort as soon as is practical."

"Agreed I have no objections to letting Mr Bergen see his daughter."
George said and nodded.
"Things will turn dark for him in the weeks to come, he deserves a bit of comfort and the reassurance of seeing her safe and sound."

Christmas in France:

Colin grinned, "Always strive to learn the terrain - makes it easier to spot if something is out of place."

"I will do that Mentor."
Anna said and gave you a warm smile.
"And perhaps I can win for once."
She said and grinned.

He smiled, "Patience, child... there's only so much wiggle room, and Nico can only work so many hours in a day, even with help..."

"I know I just...hate those injections and I know you try to make sure that they don't hurt but..."
Anna muttered softly and looked down sadly.
"Mostly though I hate not being able to use magick...I feel like I am deaf and blind and I might never get it back..."
She muttered and tears started to form in her eyes.

He nodded, "She is perfectly right to be..."

Alexandra nodded and looked at you.
"Do you hurt her Sir, some vampires hurt their childes and my mother is a mage she have said some mages can be cruel..."
She asked not quite daring to be accusing but she was clearly not approving.

He grinned, "Aside from Renfield-like ghouls, I find that there's little in the old books that fits all vampires. Even less so in the... more recent novels. Sparkly-assed prettyboys notwithstanding."

"Ah yes...well no sparking for me I fear all that await me should I go out during the day are a rather unpleasant end, I would look like a torch for a while though so some might find that to be pretty."
Drake said and grinned.
"There are some truths in the ehm...lore...but not many and really you have met our butler, I do think the man would take offense at being compared to Renfield..."
He said and raised an eyebrow.
"And if you insult the butler he might just overcook your eggs for breakfast and brew weak coffee...never insult the one that cooks..."

He pondered, "You know, I suppose it would be a fairly easy thing to make a small stone or similar that tastes like a good cup of tea; sort of like one of Willy Wonka's Everlasting Gobstoppers. I suppose I could look into that for you."

"You know my good man...I would really appreciate that if it is doable...I would owe you one."
Drake said and gave you a friendly grin.

He smiled slyly, "Are you really certain you would like to meet one? Really really certain?"

"Indeed I am, some of them are able to understand members of my own Clan...though from how you say it you make it sound like they will explode when you get close to them...though I suppose exploding mages would be something novel at least..."
The dark haired vampire said with a bit of a grin.

He pondered, "Yes, the leader of the Chantry. Not entirely on par with your Princes, as I understand it - the Deacon Primus is the highest position in a single Chantry, but there are often multiple Chantries in a given city. Of course, a Deacon Primus is generally a Mage of such power that they could turn the city itself into a cherry sundae with chocolate sauce if they wanted to, but the consequences of doing something like that, well... you have your reasons for flying under the radar, we have ours."

"Turning a city into a chocolate and ice cream treat...now that would be something...not recommended but something, but yes I have witnessed the power of mages...as I was told by my own Sire once many years ago, never let them get a chance to prepare...hum...he might have been one himself before he was Embraced for he always had this sad look in his eyes when he spoke of your kind...in either case I see...there might be more than one Chantry in a city..."
Drake said and nodded.
"Yes Kristina have told me that reality itself like to take your kind over it's knee for a good hard spanking."
He said and his grin grew wider.

"Most people see time as a linear progression from cause to effect, but from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey ball."

"Hum...a ball...indeed I can see that..."
He said and nodded.

"Indeed... Global climate change seems to be a more real thing every year, despite what conservative politicians might think..."

"Yes we are destroying this planet for profit...at times I can hear the planet scream as I lay in bed at day and see wounds open in her body and bleed coins..."
Drake muttered sadly.
"If something is not done then I might live to see life on this planet die...it is sad...a sad...sad...song..."

Colin blinked and sat upright, "Very well; I just had... er, an interview with a vampire, so to speak. The sire of a playmate for Anna, in France for a small vacation in December. I just managed to learn that the fey-blooded vampire that was encountered earlier has left a message on my answering machine in the shop, as he needs a new silver blade... I need to get Master Narim's help to track the fellow, quickly."

George did not take your interview with a vampire reference and he just raised an eyebrow.
"Well I can say that your mind seamed to fluctuate in time, as if it was both here and then, a most intersecting phenomena and it should be enough for me to start that paperwork...hum a vampire playmate for the Nephandus child, well that would make sense, there is little damage that those two would be able to do to one another that anyone in the Traditions would care about...you are saying the vampire Jeffry say he want tracked down have called your shop...well then do not let me keep you...I think Narim is in his office..."
George said.
"Go and find him and see if you can locate this knife seeking vampire before he slips through the tracks..."
The old magus said and offered you his thin hand to help you up.

(OOC: Well now that would be a sucky situation to be in.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:31 pm

Boston, September:
"I see...perhaps the attack was done with an Umbral ship then...or something else from above..."
Colin nodded, "Some sort of dropship, I'd wager... Definitely not a Nephandi Battlecruiser or anything on that scale - not even remotely close to that degree of destruction..."

"A ship dropping ground troops perhaps who then quickly had to flee."
He nodded, "That would... bloody hell, it wasn't an attack on Horizon, it was an assassination attempt..."

"Things will turn dark for him in the weeks to come, he deserves a bit of comfort and the reassurance of seeing her safe and sound."
He nodded, "I will gladly help plead for leniency on his behalf; not for his sake, but for Liv's..."

Paris, December:
"Mostly though I hate not being able to use magick...I feel like I am deaf and blind and I might never get it back..."
Colin frowned, "As for that... I might not be able to do much to let you use your own magic, but I might be able to at least let you stretch your senses a little, with my own."

"Do you hurt her Sir, some vampires hurt their childes and my mother is a mage she have said some mages can be cruel..."
He shook his head sadly, "No, nothing like that... Your mother is right, but that's not the case here - Anna was tricked by her previous Mentor into corrupting her soul. We call them Nephandi, and they want the world to not exist at all. That makes her magic - her very core - tainted, and unless something wonderful happens, I might be forced to keep her magic suppressed for the rest of her life. Right now, the only reliable means for that is an injection - like a flu shot - and she's rightly afraid of needles. They are a necessary evil for now... without them, I don't think I'd be allowed to keep her safe."

"And if you insult the butler he might just overcook your eggs for breakfast and brew weak coffee...never insult the one that cooks..."
He grinned, "A wise man never upsets the cook, no... Obviously, there's a distinction between the favoured loyal employee and the enthralled witless minion. Your butler is clearly in the former category."

"You know my good man...I would really appreciate that if it is doable...I would owe you one."
"Well, we'll just have to see what Santa has put under the tree, then..."

"Indeed I am, some of them are able to understand members of my own Clan...though from how you say it you make it sound like they will explode when you get close to them...though I suppose exploding mages would be something novel at least..."
"No, not necessarily explode. But if you carry iron or steel on you, they might make you explode. They are... not fond of the presence of iron, and are likely to act quite aggressively in its presence... It's grounds for caution."

"Turning a city into a chocolate and ice cream treat...now that would be something...not recommended but something, but yes I have witnessed the power of mages...as I was told by my own Sire once many years ago, never let them get a chance to prepare...hum...he might have been one himself before he was Embraced for he always had this sad look in his eyes when he spoke of your kind...in either case I see...there might be more than one Chantry in a city..."
He grinned, "Your Sire was wise in that regard. But some of us can make preparation time on the fly, so a safer bet might be to not give us reason to fight you in the first place. Hum, your Sire may well have been a Mage previously. Or perhaps he was just close to one; that, too, could lead to grief and separation."

"Yes Kristina have told me that reality itself like to take your kind over it's knee for a good hard spanking."
"She certainly has a way with words, doesn't she? Quite so; we're always at risk of incurring Reality's disapproval, and to paraphrase Nietzsche, beware of altering reality, for as you do, reality alters you..."

"Hum...a ball...indeed I can see that..."
"Quite; like a ball of yarn, except it's elastic and fused together in places."

"If something is not done then I might live to see life on this planet die...it is sad...a sad...sad...song..."
He frowned, "I... don't necessarily think so. Life as we would recognize it now, perhaps, but life finds a way. Even if there were to be cataclysmic changes, there are... arks, so even if all major life forms on the surface were to be eradicated, we might be able to reintroduce them later. I'd hate to see the world deteriorate that far, but there's only so much one person can mend. That's not an excuse for not trying, though..."

Boston again:
"Well I can say that your mind seamed to fluctuate in time, as if it was both here and then, a most intersecting phenomena and it should be enough for me to start that paperwork...hum a vampire playmate for the Nephandus child, well that would make sense, there is little damage that those two would be able to do to one another that anyone in the Traditions would care about...you are saying the vampire Jeffry say he want tracked down have called your shop...well then do not let me keep you...I think Narim is in his office..."
Colin nodded, "That does sound like a peculiar phenomenon. Ah, of course, Future Me pinpoints Present Me for these jaunts by way of the temporal distortions; that makes sense... Hm, perhaps I'll soon be able to make distortions of my own to initiate the contact unassisted?"
He took George's hand with a nod, "Thank you, Sir... hum, by the way, do you know if there's a way to make an item permanently flavoured? Say, a stone or similarly durable item to taste like tea? Ah, actually, Mister King might be a better person to ask... might be more his field."

((OOC: Precisely. All the grief, and none of the chance to change it...))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:36 pm

Boston September:

Colin nodded, "Some sort of dropship, I'd wager... Definitely not a Nephandi Battlecruiser or anything on that scale - not even remotely close to that degree of destruction..."

"No if it was a Nephandi Battlecruiser and it got past the Zeppelins and other defenses then the damage would be far grater...from what you indicate this is more of a precise hit than some massive full scale invasion...hum..."
George said as he glanced at the map on the table.

He nodded, "That would... bloody hell, it wasn't an attack on Horizon, it was an assassination attempt..."

"Yes...I am stating to get to the same conclusion from what you are telling me child, this is to precise to be a full scale attack, they will have a concrete target would be my guess..."

He nodded, "I will gladly help plead for leniency on his behalf; not for his sake, but for Liv's..."

"Well chances are you will be summoned as a witness...it seams you will be going to Horizon quite a bit in the months to come my good man...and I am sure Miss Bergen will appreciate you speaking on her father's behalf."
George said and smiled softly.
"Even so Ulv Bergen's chances are not...good."
He added solemnly.

December in France:

Colin frowned, "As for that... I might not be able to do much to let you use your own magic, but I might be able to at least let you stretch your senses a little, with my own."

"That...would help Mentor..."
Anna said and looked up and smiled just a little.
"It might make it easier for now...all around me look dull and gray where I used to see color..."

He shook his head sadly, "No, nothing like that... Your mother is right, but that's not the case here - Anna was tricked by her previous Mentor into corrupting her soul. We call them Nephandi, and they want the world to not exist at all.

"I do not want someone to destroy the world. I like the world, I like living and there are people I like here."
Alexandra said then she nodded.
"My mother have spoken about Nephandi she do not like them much, not much at all Sir."

That makes her magic - her very core - tainted, and unless something wonderful happens, I might be forced to keep her magic suppressed for the rest of her life.

"Dos not that make mages sad? They like their magick...my mother and my brother and Kristina they like their magick allot."
The small vampire child said and looked up at you with crystal blue eyes.

Right now, the only reliable means for that is an injection - like a flu shot - and she's rightly afraid of needles. They are a necessary evil for now... without them, I don't think I'd be allowed to keep her safe."

"Do the injections hurt her Sir?"
Alexandra said clearly concerned for her new friend.
"At least it is better than what you have to do to keep a Kindred under control."
She muttered and shuddered.

He grinned, "A wise man never upsets the cook, no... Obviously, there's a distinction between the favoured loyal employee and the enthralled witless minion. Your butler is clearly in the former category."

"Oh he certainly is in the former category, a good and skilled man...though he could have a touch more humor..."
Drake said and grinned.
"Even so this house would not be running without him..."

"Well, we'll just have to see what Santa has put under the tree, then..."

"I fear I might have been to naughty for that Mr Wainwright..."
The dark haired man said and grinned.

"No, not necessarily explode. But if you carry iron or steel on you, they might make you explode. They are... not fond of the presence of iron, and are likely to act quite aggressively in its presence... It's grounds for caution."

"I understand the rules and would not bring iron into the presence of one of the fay, mixed with something else or not...nor do I particularly want to explode that sounds most unpleasant. I have med fay, changelings and true fay but not a fay blooded mage...though there was one man, a ehm...Sheriff...law man of your kind...there was something about him..."
The old vampire said and leaned back in his chair.

He grinned, "Your Sire was wise in that regard. But some of us can make preparation time on the fly, so a safer bet might be to not give us reason to fight you in the first place. Hum, your Sire may well have been a Mage previously. Or perhaps he was just close to one; that, too, could lead to grief and separation."

"I have seen what Kristina can do with a plant...and her dear relative Alexandra's mother...some of their magick can be quite...terrifying."
Drake said and put a brown hand over his chest.
"But then I prefer not the fight unless there are no other choice, I am a lover not a fighter as they say."
He said and smiled then his smile faded.
"Both are possibilities, he was a statesman in Egypt before the Greek invaded with their poor tastes and dreadful cuisine and back then magick was so commonplace there was a mage on every street corner and among the rulers you could not take a piss in a half empty room and not rain on one, so chances are my Sire at least knew a few...but there was always something in his eyes..."

"She certainly has a way with words, doesn't she? Quite so; we're always at risk of incurring Reality's disapproval, and to paraphrase Nietzsche, beware of altering reality, for as you do, reality alters you..."

"Ah well the pretty young mistress of the house might have put things in a slightly more ladylike manner, she spoke of a hive mind of all of reality lashing out the flowering language is all mine I fear..."
Drake said and grinned.

"Quite; like a ball of yarn, except it's elastic and fused together in places."

"Indeed...the question Mr Wainwright is just if you can navigate this ball or not."
The vampire said and nodded before he sat his now cold teacup down still full and untouched.

He frowned, "I... don't necessarily think so. Life as we would recognize it now, perhaps, but life finds a way. Even if there were to be cataclysmic changes, there are... arks, so even if all major life forms on the surface were to be eradicated, we might be able to reintroduce them later. I'd hate to see the world deteriorate that far, but there's only so much one person can mend. That's not an excuse for not trying, though..."

"You may be more optimistic than me Mr Wainwright and I hope you are right...but we are...the humans and the rest of us...abusing this world god have granted us...and sooner or later mother nature will have a bit of a fit over what we have all done and give us all a good, hard slap slap...perhaps that will make us all come to our senses."

Present day Boston:

Colin nodded, "That does sound like a peculiar phenomenon. Ah, of course, Future Me pinpoints Present Me for these jaunts by way of the temporal distortions; that makes sense... Hm, perhaps I'll soon be able to make distortions of my own to initiate the contact unassisted?"

"I can not say for sure but that seam like a likely hypothesis yes, that sometime in the future you are contacting yourself to send these messages back in time, which should be enough for me to get you that Adept rank...and yes if you learn to distort time yourself you should be able to at least make it easier for a future you to initiate contact."

He took George's hand with a nod, "Thank you, Sir... hum, by the way, do you know if there's a way to make an item permanently flavoured? Say, a stone or similarly durable item to taste like tea?

"It should not be to difficult, now all permanent magick is hard for dynamic mages to do, I would recommend speaking with a Verditius magus if one of their hedge wizards can whip something like that up for you."
George advices as he helped you to your feet.

Ah, actually, Mister King might be a better person to ask... might be more his field."

"Yes your Cabalmate might be able to accomplish this as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:03 pm

"Well I guess that can be useful...though I still think it is strange to call something something when that is not what you do."
Curly said and pouted.

"It's a bit like a cultural code language...the meanings developed over time."

"It is higher ranked than us...that I know other than that all I know is that it is bad..." The little imp said.

"Hm, I'm inclined to believe that it is bad as well."

"No we did not...should we have told Master that? We only said that the spirit was here..."

"It might help to know, but let me ask. You said it came in with the eater-being...did it come in through a portal or did it actually go through a physical window in the loud man's room?"

"Okey...can you carry me Master's student?" She asked as she settled down on your shoulder

"Yes, you may."

"Down, Jane is on the second floor." Curly said and pointed. "Can you go through walls Master's student for that is the fastest to just go down through the floor."

"Not yet; we shall just have to take the stairs," he said, and headed down to Jane's room.

// that would be frustrating and very disturbing, depending on severity of the vision. Also lol@vampire genre jokes
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Boston, Now:
"Yes...I am stating to get to the same conclusion from what you are telling me child, this is to precise to be a full scale attack, they will have a concrete target would be my guess..."
Colin frowned, "The bullet Richard caught... It was meant for Marianna of Balador. A Primium bullet. She's the Primi of the Cult of Ecstacy... the Nephandi want Chronomancers... There could, I suppose, be a link there, but... the attack might seem too neat for the Fallen."

"Even so Ulv Bergen's chances are not...good."
He nodded, "I can't deny his crimes, but I can beg the Council's mercy, to suspend his sentence indefinitely pending another violation. I... don't suppose there's much precedent for that, though."

France, December:
"It might make it easier for now...all around me look dull and gray where I used to see color..."
Colin smiled, "Tell you what, if you're a good girl, Santa just might leave a pair of glasses for you - just like mine."

"I do not want someone to destroy the world. I like the world, I like living and there are people I like here."
Alexandra said then she nodded.
"My mother have spoken about Nephandi she do not like them much, not much at all Sir."
He grinned, "That's the right attitude."

"Dos not that make mages sad? They like their magick...my mother and my brother and Kristina they like their magick allot."
He nodded, "Yes... yes, it does. But it's still better than the alternative..."

"Do the injections hurt her Sir?"
Alexandra said clearly concerned for her new friend.
"At least it is better than what you have to do to keep a Kindred under control."
He shook his head, "No, they don't hurt much, or rather, they shouldn't. But she's so afraid of needles, she tenses up, and that makes it more painful than it should be. That's... why she's got bruises on her arms. But yes, it's better than... well, best not dwell on that."

"Oh he certainly is in the former category, a good and skilled man...though he could have a touch more humor..."
Drake said and grinned.
"Even so this house would not be running without him..."
"Well, the best butlers have an excellent sense of humour, but you wouldn't be able to tell. If you're familiar with Jeeves and Wooster... how certain can you be that he's not merely incredibly subtle?"

"I fear I might have been to naughty for that Mr Wainwright..."
"Don't sell yourself too short, Drake... Remember, the list is updated each year. I've even heard some extensive debate on whether the days from Christmas Eve to New Year's Eve are tallied. Surprisingly insightful and skillful rhetoric, at that; especially coming from seven-year-olds..."

"I understand the rules and would not bring iron into the presence of one of the fay, mixed with something else or not...nor do I particularly want to explode that sounds most unpleasant. I have med fay, changelings and true fay but not a fay blooded mage...though there was one man, a ehm...Sheriff...law man of your kind...there was something about him..."
He arched an eyebrow, "That wound be a Quaesitor, I expect? Our Enforcers, as they are commonly called. Hm, something else - care to elaborate?"

"But then I prefer not the fight unless there are no other choice, I am a lover not a fighter as they say."
He nodded sadly, "I can't quite claim that distinction for myself... I'm a fighter, and a quite good one at that; more durable than I look, too. But I know my Sun Tzu; spilling blood is wasteful and should always be the last resort."

"Ah well the pretty young mistress of the house might have put things in a slightly more ladylike manner, she spoke of a hive mind of all of reality lashing out the flowering language is all mine I fear..."
He chuckled, "Far be it from me to call the good mrs. Knox ladylike. She might take exception to that. But yes, the Consensus... in a manner of speaking the mean average of human belief. Very, very mean."

"Indeed...the question Mr Wainwright is just if you can navigate this ball or not."
He grinned, "Well, not very well alone, not yet. Fortunately, I can help myself, it seems. In a very literal, two-places-at-once sense of the term. If that gives you a headache to contemplate, rest assured, most Mages get headaches from trying to express nonlinear time in English..."

"You may be more optimistic than me Mr Wainwright and I hope you are right...but we are...the humans and the rest of us...abusing this world god have granted us...and sooner or later mother nature will have a bit of a fit over what we have all done and give us all a good, hard slap slap...perhaps that will make us all come to our senses."
"More optimistic? Not necessarily; I'm just aware of a few... escape routes and contingencies for humanity. I'm afraid those contingencies might not have much room for... others, though."

Boston, Now:
"I can not say for sure but that seam like a likely hypothesis yes, that sometime in the future you are contacting yourself to send these messages back in time, which should be enough for me to get you that Adept rank...and yes if you learn to distort time yourself you should be able to at least make it easier for a future you to initiate contact."
Colin pondered, "Spotting distortions isn't difficult, if I just look for them... Remembering when to look will help greatly. Hum, I'll be glad when I learn how to make temporal bubbles, though; it will make vacation time far simpler..."

"It should not be to difficult, now all permanent magick is hard for dynamic mages to do, I would recommend speaking with a Verditius magus if one of their hedge wizards can whip something like that up for you."
"Ah, of course, the Verditius... Linear magic would probably be easier to make permanent, yes."

He gave George a quick bow, "If I think of anything else, I'll try not to throw off your expectations again, Sir. And thank you, again."
He then turned to the door and made his way to Narim's office.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:47 pm

Adley:

"It's a bit like a cultural code language...the meanings developed over time."

"It is quite silly."
Curly declared.

Hm, I'm inclined to believe that it is bad as well."

"It is...it is very bad."
The imp said and nodded.

"It might help to know, but let me ask. You said it came in with the eater-being...did it come in through a portal or did it actually go through a physical window in the loud man's room?"

"It came through the window in the loud man's room just as the thing that eats came as well."
The spirit said.
"It is very scary. Did not we give good enough a message to Master?"

"Yes, you may."

Curly giggled in delight and jumped up and down on your shoulder excitedly.

"Not yet; we shall just have to take the stairs," he said, and headed down to Jane's room.

"That is very impractical...you should ask Master perhaps he can teach you to go through walls."
Curly declared as you headed to the stairs.

You get to Hildegard's apartment, she had one of the few flats in the building that had an extra bedroom so Jane could have a place to sleep.

Colin:

September in Boston:

Colin frowned, "The bullet Richard caught... It was meant for Marianna of Balador. A Primium bullet. She's the Primi of the Cult of Ecstacy... the Nephandi want Chronomancers... There could, I suppose, be a link there, but... the attack might seem too neat for the Fallen."

"Lady Marianna is a excellent as you call it chronomancer, but what use would the Nephandi have of her dead? No what you describe do not sound like the Nephandi...it sounds more like a fairly precise hit with some commotion created to divert attention from it..."
George muttered.

He nodded, "I can't deny his crimes, but I can beg the Council's mercy, to suspend his sentence indefinitely pending another violation. I... don't suppose there's much precedent for that, though."

"There is a chance Mr Bergen might get away with a lesser sentence, his death is not set in stone but whatever punishment he is given it will be a severe one, and no there is not much precedent for what you suggjest Mr Wainwright, and especially not for such a serious case."

December France:

Colin smiled, "Tell you what, if you're a good girl, Santa just might leave a pair of glasses for you - just like mine."

"That would help..."
Anna said and smiled a little and she did seam to perk up a bit.
"I miss my own magick though it is not the same I...guess there is little chance I ever...will get to use that again..."
She muttered hopelessly and looked down.
"I am a mage I am not meant to be without my magick..."

He grinned, "That's the right attitude."

Alexandra gave you a bright smile at that.

He nodded, "Yes... yes, it does. But it's still better than the alternative..."

"What is the alternative if being without her magick makes her sad Sir?"
The young vampire asked.

He shook his head, "No, they don't hurt much, or rather, they shouldn't. But she's so afraid of needles, she tenses up, and that makes it more painful than it should be. That's... why she's got bruises on her arms. But yes, it's better than... well, best not dwell on that."

"Perhaps we can help her not be so afraid Sir, I was sick allot before I became what I am, and if one is careful shots do not really hurt...and there are creams that make the skin numb if she could be made not to be scared...I bet it is because of what she said her old Mentor did...I would be scared to if I saw that...in either case something bad happened to me once and I learned how to to be so scared..."
Alexandra said thoughtfully.

"Well, the best butlers have an excellent sense of humour, but you wouldn't be able to tell. If you're familiar with Jeeves and Wooster... how certain can you be that he's not merely incredibly subtle?"

"You do have a point Mr Wainwright...perhaps the man is hilarious and we just never notice...I like the way you think young man."
Drake said and grinned again.

"Don't sell yourself too short, Drake... Remember, the list is updated each year. I've even heard some extensive debate on whether the days from Christmas Eve to New Year's Eve are tallied. Surprisingly insightful and skillful rhetoric, at that; especially coming from seven-year-olds..."

"Ah never underestimate the wisdom of children...I am afraid though that I simply can not fit all of my naughty into one week, that just would not do."
The vampire said with a mischievous grin.

He arched an eyebrow, "That wound be a Quaesitor, I expect? Our Enforcers, as they are commonly called. Hm, something else - care to elaborate?"

"He...helped to save me and my good friend's life after Alexandra's...accident. She was a psychic and there was quite a few of your kind out for blood, thinking the girl could have had the potential to become a mage...this Enforcer argued for us that Alexandra was never a mage and as such all evidence indicate her ehm...potential would just move on when she died and not be harmed...it saved our skins...I did learn though that your society are disturbingly similar to my own."

He nodded sadly, "I can't quite claim that distinction for myself... I'm a fighter, and a quite good one at that; more durable than I look, too. But I know my Sun Tzu; spilling blood is wasteful and should always be the last resort."

"Very wasteful indeed I can think of far better things to do with blood."
Drake said and grinned.
"But yes, I do not like to fight but if I have to, I can..."
He muttered and his smile vanished and he got a dark look in his eyes.

He chuckled, "Far be it from me to call the good mrs. Knox ladylike. She might take exception to that. But yes, the Consensus... in a manner of speaking the mean average of human belief. Very, very mean."

"Well I guess we all have our troublesome things that come with our supernatural conditions...but yes I have seen the effect of this Consensus you speak on, Kristina was once very ill with it, my good friend was beside himself with worry."

He grinned, "Well, not very well alone, not yet. Fortunately, I can help myself, it seems. In a very literal, two-places-at-once sense of the term. If that gives you a headache to contemplate, rest assured, most Mages get headaches from trying to express nonlinear time in English..."

"I have heard more confusing things...the way we see this world around us is just an illusion after all and nothing more, well if a future you can navigate your ball of yarn there have to be a reason why he is contacting you now..."

"More optimistic? Not necessarily; I'm just aware of a few... escape routes and contingencies for humanity. I'm afraid those contingencies might not have much room for... others, though."

"No I guess they do not...my kind...is quite durable though, we might survive...until nothing is left on earth and then we starve...still alive mind you but forever starving and locked in darkness...ah indeed what a wonderful reason to get into environmentalism over."
Drake said and his smile returned.

Boston Now:

Colin pondered, "Spotting distortions isn't difficult, if I just look for them... Remembering when to look will help greatly. Hum, I'll be glad when I learn how to make temporal bubbles, though; it will make vacation time far simpler..."

"Ah yes...time magick have it's perks...I wish you good luck with that Mr Wainwright..."

"Ah, of course, the Verditius... Linear magic would probably be easier to make permanent, yes."

"Indeed a rank beginner among the linear magi can make what you inquired about child, while among our own kind it is the mark of an Adept to be able to make something a permanent talisman."

He gave George a quick bow, "If I think of anything else, I'll try not to throw off your expectations again, Sir. And thank you, again."
He then turned to the door and made his way to Narim's office.

"I do appreciate it Mr Wainwright and good evening, I hope I was able to help you."
George said before you left.

You get to Narim's office and knock on the door. Shortly after the Virtual Adept Master open the door and give you a smile.
"Mr Wainwright...come in...is there anything I can help you with..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:21 pm

"It came through the window in the loud man's room just as the thing that eats came as well."
The spirit said.
"It is very scary. Did not we give good enough a message to Master?"

"You gave a good message, but perhaps knowing how it got in could help keep it out."

u get to Hildegard's apartment, she had one of the few flats in the building that had an extra bedroom so Jane could have a place to sleep.

He gave a glance around and then knocked on the door, waiting to see if Hildegaard was there or whomever was watching her.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:40 pm

You gave a good message, but perhaps knowing how it got in could help keep it out."

"We see...we will try to report better next time. I do not want the mean spirit in here and I want to make Master pleased."
Curly said and sat down on your shoulder and wiggled her little feet.

He gave a glance around and then knocked on the door, waiting to see if Hildegaard was there or whomever was watching her.

Hildegard was not home but you do see Dion Blackwell come and open the door, the young Chorister had been sleeping for she was in a pink nightgown and white dressing robe and her usually so neat braids was in a disarray.
"Ah...Mr Roth Hicks what can I do for you?"
The young mage asked and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes with one hand.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:59 pm

[Quote]
"We see...we will try to report better next time. I do not want the mean spirit in here and I want to make Master pleased."
Curly said and sat down

"Thank you. After we check on Miss Jane, we can tell him."

a disarray.
"Ah...Mr Roth Hicks what can I do for you?"
The young mage asked and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes with one hand.

"Ah, forgive me for waking you. I was told Miss Jane was having nightmares or troubling dreams. There was a spirit lingering around, not friendly. Though it is gone now, I thought it best to check to see if she is well," he explained.

s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:06 pm

"Thank you. After we check on Miss Jane, we can tell him."

"That sounds good..."
Curly said happily.

"Ah, forgive me for waking you. I was told Miss Jane was having nightmares or troubling dreams.

"Oh do not worry about it...I was asked to stay over and watch over the girl while her Mentor have other things to take care of and I had just fallen asleep for Jane have indeed had nightmares troubling her."
Dion said and nodded.

There was a spirit lingering around, not friendly. Though it is gone now, I thought it best to check to see if she is well," he explained.

"Off course, thank you Mr Roth Hicks I will check in on Jane and see if she is alright."
The Chorister said.
"The child is very sensitive to the presence of spirits so if there was a negative one around the might indeed have been the cause of her nightmares then again even if she is just six she do notice that everyone is on edge...children knows more than we know about what is going on around them and it is a scary situation."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:17 pm

"Thank you. Yes, it is a difficult time but my spirit friend said that the 'bad' spirit may have upset her and her friend came to help babysit. I would rather check and be safe than sorry. Let me know if I might help in some way," he added.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top