Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Warpmind on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:47 pm

Colin sat down in the ritual chamber and let his heartrate climb back down to normal; the run up and down the stairs had been slightly on the rough side, even for him.
As Amadeus entered, he got back up, gave a short bow, and indicated the bench, "Ah, Master Nassa, would you please close the door and take a seat? You shouldn't gear this standing up..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:51 pm

Amadeus gave you a bit of a look, he was probably wondering what was going on he closed the door and went over to the bench and sat down beside you, looking a bit drawn.
"Master Telar...Mr Wainwright...what is this all about?"
He asked as he settled down. Cita looked at you but said nothing, thinking it to was your story to tell.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:26 pm

Colin took a deep breath, "We've... located two shards that were cut from Beatrice's Avatar, before Adley could get back. They're safe... We've also pretty much determined that Adley and Beatrice are the reincarnations of the twins of Heylel Teomim and Eloine, which explains the deep connection between the two."
He watched Amadeus carefully for responses, "As her Mentor, and hopefully as a trustworthy confidant in that respect, you deserve to know this - the two are, in a spiritual sense, my children; my Avatar seemingly recognized Beatrice's, even after its inversion, and holds the shards safe; hopefully, it will help return them and graft them back to Beatrice's withered angel with a minimum of discomfort... it's her best chance, I think, but as her Mentor, you do have the authority on whether or not to proceed... and, I hope, you'll keep silent about me; I've good reason to keep the number of people who know as low as possible..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Colin took a deep breath, "We've... located two shards that were cut from Beatrice's Avatar, before Adley could get back. They're safe... We've also pretty much determined that Adley and Beatrice are the reincarnations of the twins of Heylel Teomim and Eloine, which explains the deep connection between the two."

"What..."
Amadeus begun he looked rather shocked then he drew a deep breath.
"Ok so you have located two shards from my student's soul...that is good, are they large enough to make a difference for her healing?"
He asked then he looked doubtful.
"But how can Bee and Adley be the reincarnation of the Betrayer's twins...how do you know this Mr Wainwright?"

He watched Amadeus carefully for responses, "As her Mentor, and hopefully as a trustworthy confidant in that respect, you deserve to know this - the two are, in a spiritual sense, my children; my Avatar seemingly recognized Beatrice's, even after its inversion, and holds the shards safe; hopefully, it will help return them and graft them back to Beatrice's withered angel with a minimum of discomfort... it's her best chance, I think, but as her Mentor, you do have the authority on whether or not to proceed... and, I hope, you'll keep silent about me; I've good reason to keep the number of people who know as low as possible..."

"You think you are the reincarnation of Lady Eloine then? I will not spread anything that you do not want spread off course but how can you be sure about this Mr Wainwright have something happened?"
The old mage said sounding confused.
"Well I have heard souls often travel in groups but even so...I...well that is quite a bit of news if it is correct."
He muttered.
"But as for these shards what are the risk if we choose to do this, I mean we are talking about manipulating Beatrice's wounded soul, that is sure to hurt her..."
Cita sigh and nodded.
"There are risks Master Nassa...if it works it can reduce the change that Beatrice will die from exhaustion considerably and she can be on her feet, using magick in two or three months instead of in years...if it go wrong though...the result will be bad...but I am confident that if Mr Wainwright's own soul can not put the pieces back where they belong then I can do so. We have also discussed a possible way to manufacture something to dull the pain of the operation, I agree with Mr Wainwright, this is Bee's best chance."
The Virtual Adept said and Amadeus supported his arms on his knees and rested his face in his palms for a moment.
"How...can I make such a choice for her...what if it go wrong and she..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:31 pm

"Ok so you have located two shards from my student's soul...that is good, are they large enough to make a difference for her healing?"
Colin nodded, "I believe they make up the lion's share, if not the entirety of what was severed... they should make a great difference in her healing."

"But how can Bee and Adley be the reincarnation of the Betrayer's twins...how do you know this Mr Wainwright?"
"Know this? Not the exact word I would use, but... we've located previous incarnations for them, and they've always been together; most recently as blood siblings in Chicago, some seventy years ago. But really, that story is for Adley to tell, not me... Suffice to say, I am satisfied with the circumstantial evidence."

"You think you are the reincarnation of Lady Eloine then? I will not spread anything that you do not want spread off course but how can you be sure about this Mr Wainwright have something happened?"
He shook his head slowly, "No, Master Nassa, wrong parent... My Avatar bears quite... specific scars, and I have had flashes of strong memory, tactile ones of being alive back then... I was Mia de Napoli, Teomim's literal better half."

"But as for these shards what are the risk if we choose to do this, I mean we are talking about manipulating Beatrice's wounded soul, that is sure to hurt her..."
Cita sigh and nodded.
"There are risks Master Nassa...if it works it can reduce the change that Beatrice will die from exhaustion considerably and she can be on her feet, using magick in two or three months instead of in years...if it go wrong though...the result will be bad...but I am confident that if Mr Wainwright's own soul can not put the pieces back where they belong then I can do so. We have also discussed a possible way to manufacture something to dull the pain of the operation, I agree with Mr Wainwright, this is Bee's best chance."
He frowned, "I remember Beatrice walking the streets of Horizon with me in two months' time, when we go there for... a couple of legal matters. I'm fairly sure restoring her own lost pieces to her Avatar will be our best shot at coaxing her back in so short a time. Also, as Master Telar says, we're looking into some suitable spiritual anaesthetic; you might be able to help with finding a suitable plant for cooking a strong enough painkiller - we have at least one possible way to extricate its spiritual equivalent from that process."

"How...can I make such a choice for her...what if it go wrong and she..."
He stepped over and placed a hand on Amadeus' shoulder, "I love her like a dear niece... my Avatar loves her like a daughter... if we don't act soon, we will almost certainly lose her; if we try to return her shards, there's a small chance she won't make it. What do you think she would choose?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:52 pm

Colin nodded, "I believe they make up the lion's share, if not the entirety of what was severed... they should make a great difference in her healing."

"That is...great news...perhaps this can save her...help her..."
Amadeus said and nodded he seamed relieved.
"Where have you found these pieces."

"Know this? Not the exact word I would use, but... we've located previous incarnations for them, and they've always been together; most recently as blood siblings in Chicago, some seventy years ago. But really, that story is for Adley to tell, not me... Suffice to say, I am satisfied with the circumstantial evidence."

"Hum...well it is somewhat of a shock but I guess I really should not be to surprised, Beatrice took to that Hermetic as soon as she met him, and a bloody Flambeau at that, what you are telling me would explain that. So they where siblings in Chicago? Interesting I will be sure to ask Mr Roth Hicks about that."
Amadeus said and nodded.

He shook his head slowly, "No, Master Nassa, wrong parent... My Avatar bears quite... specific scars, and I have had flashes of strong memory, tactile ones of being alive back then... I was Mia de Napoli, Teomim's literal better half."

Amadeus just looked at you for a while as if you had suddenly grown horns.
"But...that is impossible...Teomim was...Gilgulled...there is nothing left of his soul."
He protested.
"How could you be Mia de Napoli's reincarnation, there is nothing left of him. It...is...impossible..."

He frowned, "I remember Beatrice walking the streets of Horizon with me in two months' time, when we go there for... a couple of legal matters. I'm fairly sure restoring her own lost pieces to her Avatar will be our best shot at coaxing her back in so short a time.

"Another one of your visions Mr Wainwright...well I hope you are correct about this one, part of me fear I will never get my apprentice back the way she was..."
The old Verbena said pain in his voice at the though of his young student's suffering.
"If this can help her...but you say your Avatar have those shards...not embedded in it but holding it? How...is this possible?"

Also, as Master Telar says, we're looking into some suitable spiritual anaesthetic; you might be able to help with finding a suitable plant for cooking a strong enough painkiller - we have at least one possible way to extricate its spiritual equivalent from that process."

"A plant for cooking? There are allot of plants you can cook that will have an anesthetic effect Mr Wainwright, but how is this relevant, physical painkillers do very little for Bee's Avatar and it is it's distress she feels as pain."
Amadeus said sounding rather confused again.

He stepped over and placed a hand on Amadeus' shoulder, "I love her like a dear niece... my Avatar loves her like a daughter... if we don't act soon, we will almost certainly lose her; if we try to return her shards, there's a small chance she won't make it. What do you think she would choose?"

Amadeus looked at you for a moment but he had to swallow back the lump in his throat before he managed to reply.
"She...would choose to try to save her Avatar, she have always put it's safety before her own and she would rather take a chance than to just die when her body can not take the pain anymore...you are right...we have to try but...if it go wrong I...do not think I will ever be able to forgive myself."
The old healer said and looked down.
"I should have taken her and run when the blood Guernicae came for her."
He muttered.
"I failed her..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:56 pm

"Where have you found these pieces."
Colin smiled thinly, "In the Avatar closest to her when the bloody work was done... my own. Strictly speaking, Master Telar spotted them in her scan of me, not an hour ago..."

"But...that is impossible...Teomim was...Gilgulled...there is nothing left of his soul."
He protested.
"How could you be Mia de Napoli's reincarnation, there is nothing left of him. It...is...impossible..."
Colin shook his head, "Teomim was an imperfect Rebis, remember? Julius de Medici was the dominant part, and Teomim had two Avatars; they were even of two minds rather than one unified consciousness. I... remember the man was a bit of an idiot; when we crawled out of the shell, we didn't even have a blanket or robe at hand to keep the bloody cold at bay... But I digress; they were gilgulled, true, but if anyone would have the ability to hide a large shard of his closest partner and friend in the... upheaval, it would be Teomom. A large shard of Mia remains, and it has spent five centuries pulling in other stray shards and slowly but surely rebuilding itself... It seems I won't be injured by walking into a stray shard like other Magi, but I'll add it to my, hm, broken shell instead; a galaxy of pain and fear and hope... It's impossible, but what does that word mean to a Mage?"

"Another one of your visions Mr Wainwright...well I hope you are correct about this one, part of me fear I will never get my apprentice back the way she was..."
Colin smiled thinly, "No, Beatrice will never be the same, I think... but she'll mature in good ways; her compassion and empathy will be all the greater for the pain she'll have known. There's a truth to the adage, 'the noblest people are the ones who have been broken'. She'll grow in magnificent ways, rather than revert to how she was last week."

"If this can help her...but you say your Avatar have those shards...not embedded in it but holding it? How...is this possible?"
"Mia takes in stray shards and grafts them together to rebuild herself... but Beatrice's shards, I think she recognizes her daughter, and holds them to return them to their rightful owner. Or, perhaps, she sensed that the owner of the shards survived and would want them back, so she just held on to them for now. I'm inclined to believe the former, though."

"A plant for cooking? There are allot of plants you can cook that will have an anesthetic effect Mr Wainwright, but how is this relevant, physical painkillers do very little for Bee's Avatar and it is it's distress she feels as pain."
"I met a spirt called Shimmer; the spirit of the hot air above the cookpots. She's quite sociable if addressed with politeness; she might be able to help extract the spiritual reflection of, say, boiling opium or similar. Possibly. Which is why we need some analgesic plants that are boiled to extract the active drug."

"I should have taken her and run when the blood Guernicae came for her."
He shook his head, "Let's be realistic, Master Nassa, do you really think she would have let you?"

"I failed her..."
"Not yet, you haven't... and neither have you failed her new sister, which you'll be apprenticing over the next two months... She said that, too, in that vision, that you have a new apprentice. I don't know who that will be, but I'll be damned if I let you give up before then..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 am

"It is a tragic case, and unfortunately it is a story I have come to expect from the Nephandi, I wish something could be done for Miss Getwater but...I doubt it. I will take note of those names she mentioned at least, if we take these bastards down at lest they will not get the chance ensnare someone else into their web."

He nodded and repeated the names that he recalled her discussing with him. "Do you have any idea which Orphan they would be targeting?"

"That do not seam...to complicated..." He muttered though he still looked a bit confused. "And off course I will keep it safe, you do not need to remind me to do my job mea filius." The old mage said and gave you a bit of a stern look.

He repeated which toggled which, to rewind or playback then spread his hands at the admonishment. "Sorry...I did not mean to imply that you didn't know how to do your job, of course you do and I trust none other as I do you, pater. Only we're all tired and it has my voice recorded on it." He blinked at him and then said, "It's a bad habit I seem to have picked up, it says more about my stress than it does you, do forgive me."

"Mr Karyak may very well be right about that fili mi, Miss Getwater is well trained by a respected Traditionalist Mentor she is sure to know more about our laws than your new Cabalmate do, that might be why she do not have much faith in his plan to save her...however do make sure he do not attack any guests from Westchapel, for that just will not do."

"Rather I got the feeling that the girl thinks the Nephandi plan is inevitable, she is bereft of hope and shamed, though no she does not seem to think much of Mr Karyak being able to save her. And while I think some of his ideas may have merit, parading her around a chantry only puts everyone in danger."

"I can understand why she do not want her Mentor to be told what have happened but no, there is nothing that can be done to avoid that, and it is better her teacher learn now than later when she will not have the chance to say goodbye to her student."
The Flambeau said and looked down at his coffee mug and muttered a few choice words in Latin about what he thought about the situation.

"You may have to have a few words with him when it is time to exchange the girl. Mrs Gottschalk took her things from her and gave her a set of clean clothing, the old ones should be burnt at first chance along with anything else that might cause us trouble. I thought it best to let you know how things stood, though I do not believe Mr Karyak is bound to be completely reliable if he feels that something is not going to work out his way, despite my attempts to try to tell him to take care. I hope Colin will be able to instill it where I could not."

Later:

"Very well, thank you for letting me know." He said and very gently placed Beatrice into your arms. "Try to get her to rest if you can."

He gave the elder Verbena a nod and took Beatrice into his arms and looked down at her. "I have returned."

"Hi..." She managed weakly before she cried out and twisted in your arms clearly in pain and distressed.

"Shh..sh...it is alright, I am here," he said, waiting for her a moment to see if she would calm. "Do you remember I was going to sing that song for you again? I have come back to do so...would you like to hear it?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:39 am

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "In the Avatar closest to her when the bloody work was done... my own. Strictly speaking, Master Telar spotted them in her scan of me, not an hour ago..."

"I see, but you are not wounded are you Mr Wainwright, the shards are not hurting you?"
Amadeus asked and frowned.

Colin shook his head, "Teomim was an imperfect Rebis, remember? Julius de Medici was the dominant part, and Teomim had two Avatars; they were even of two minds rather than one unified consciousness. I... remember the man was a bit of an idiot; when we crawled out of the shell, we didn't even have a blanket or robe at hand to keep the bloody cold at bay... But I digress; they were gilgulled, true, but if anyone would have the ability to hide a large shard of his closest partner and friend in the... upheaval, it would be Teomom. A large shard of Mia remains, and it has spent five centuries pulling in other stray shards and slowly but surely rebuilding itself...

"Yes I know Teomim was an imperfect rebis...buteven so how can this be?"
Amadeus asked and Cita looked up at him.
"I can not give proof Master Nassa but my scans do support the theory."
She said. The old Verbena looked at you for a good while shocked then he muttered.
"And you have memories from his life...Teomim's life? That there was no blankets when he was...formed? Damn this...just damn..."
The old mage said shaking his head slightly not really knowing what to say.

It seems I won't be injured by walking into a stray shard like other Magi, but I'll add it to my, hm, broken shell instead; a galaxy of pain and fear and hope... It's impossible, but what does that word mean to a Mage?"

"I see well that is a useful...and disturbing ability, so your Avatar is a collection of...such shards...but it works as an Avatar should and connect you to the Quintessence pool...yes yes off course it do I have seen you do magick...I guess nothing is impossible but even so...ehm...and this collection of shards have two pieces of Beatrice?"

Colin smiled thinly, "No, Beatrice will never be the same, I think... but she'll mature in good ways; her compassion and empathy will be all the greater for the pain she'll have known. There's a truth to the adage, 'the noblest people are the ones who have been broken'. She'll grow in magnificent ways, rather than revert to how she was last week."

"I guess there is truth to that Mr Wainwright but, I fear she will never get over what was done to her, how do one get over something like that, poor child I should have protected her better..."
Amadeus muttered.
"But yes she would not want pain inflicted on other, then again she never did want that."

"Mia takes in stray shards and grafts them together to rebuild herself... but Beatrice's shards, I think she recognizes her daughter, and holds them to return them to their rightful owner. Or, perhaps, she sensed that the owner of the shards survived and would want them back, so she just held on to them for now. I'm inclined to believe the former, though."

"I see..."
Amadeus said and looked a bit uncomfortable at the thought of an Avatar grabbing bits of other Avatars to rebuild itself.
"But those pieces of Beatrice is safe, they will not be...integrated into the rest of your...ehm collection will they Mr Wainwright?"
He asked. Cita nodded.
"It is likely the central shard will keep holding onto those pieces and that she will not assimilate them yes, and I do think she recognize them in some way, that is the more likely explanation. It is not likely that she would know the host of those shards would want them back no, then again I would not really know, I am just guessing."
The Spirit Master said.

"I met a spirt called Shimmer; the spirit of the hot air above the cookpots. She's quite sociable if addressed with politeness; she might be able to help extract the spiritual reflection of, say, boiling opium or similar. Possibly. Which is why we need some analgesic plants that are boiled to extract the active drug."

"Hum...yes an Umbrood like that might be able to do it...I could cook something up, it should not be to hard...I can do so immediately."
Amadeus said eager to actually be able to do something for Beatrice.
"Opium...yes we could use that, and there are few others...as for addressing the spirit with politeness I will kiss her noncoporeal ass if she can actually help Bee."

He shook his head, "Let's be realistic, Master Nassa, do you really think she would have let you?"

The old Verbena sigh and shook his head.
"No she...would not have wanted me to take that risk but...I so wish I could have protected her."

"Not yet, you haven't... and neither have you failed her new sister, which you'll be apprenticing over the next two months... She said that, too, in that vision, that you have a new apprentice. I don't know who that will be, but I'll be damned if I let you give up before then..."

"Another apprentice? But I could not possibly take on another student before Beatrice is well...unless...hum..."
The old mage said and glanced and Colin and then at Cita.
"Unless the woman in white find her host..."

Adley:

Earlier:

He nodded and repeated the names that he recalled her discussing with him. "Do you have any idea which Orphan they would be targeting?"

"No unfortunately I do not, I can contact the Orphans I know of in the city to warn them but there can be many that have never had any contact with the Traditions at all."
Your Mentor said and frowned.

He repeated which toggled which, to rewind or playback then spread his hands at the admonishment. "Sorry...I did not mean to imply that you didn't know how to do your job, of course you do and I trust none other as I do you, pater. Only we're all tired and it has my voice recorded on it." He blinked at him and then said, "It's a bad habit I seem to have picked up, it says more about my stress than it does you, do forgive me."

Jeffry paid attention as you showed him again how to operate the recording machine then he looked at you and his eyes softened again.
"I understand, we are all tired and stressed."
He said and nodded.
"And I would not want something that have a recording of your voice to get lost somewhere, just be mindful of your manners as well fili mi, even if the situation is difficult right now. I guess I have trained you to be to cautious."

"Rather I got the feeling that the girl thinks the Nephandi plan is inevitable, she is bereft of hope and shamed, though no she does not seem to think much of Mr Karyak being able to save her. And while I think some of his ideas may have merit, parading her around a chantry only puts everyone in danger."

"Well we will prove her wrong and foil Lisa Larson's plan, and it is good she have some shame in her, she should have that after what she have done...but having no hope, that makes her dangerous. What are these ideas of Mr Karyak? He said something about some shapechanger ritual what was he on about with that? And no one do not parade a prisoner around, there is always a chance a captive might escape and we do not need her to know more about this Chantry than she already do, nor do we want her to be put in danger either."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.

"You may have to have a few words with him when it is time to exchange the girl. Mrs Gottschalk took her things from her and gave her a set of clean clothing, the old ones should be burnt at first chance along with anything else that might cause us trouble.

"I will have a talk with him once the delegation from Westchapel arrive and I agree the prisoner's things should be burned, though I trust Miss Gottschalk knows this and will take care of it as soon as she is able but I will ask her about it when next I see her."
Jeffry agreed and nodded.

I thought it best to let you know how things stood, though I do not believe Mr Karyak is bound to be completely reliable if he feels that something is not going to work out his way, despite my attempts to try to tell him to take care. I hope Colin will be able to instill it where I could not."

"I appreciate you coming to tell me how things went fili mi, and no I get the same feeling that Mr Karyak might do something foolish if pressed and I would want to avoid that but there is a limit to how much I will give just to not be put in a position where something have to be done. I share your hope that Mr Wainwright might be able to knock some sense into the young man, for he needs some."
The old mage said and he seamed quite concerned.

Later:

He gave the elder Verbena a nod and took Beatrice into his arms and looked down at her. "I have returned."

Beatrice looked up at you and her small, bound hands grabbed the fabric of your hoodie as if to hold onto you.
"I...know, I can feel it when you are close...my broken angel is carrying...a torch now."
She muttered weakly.

"Shh..sh...it is alright, I am here," he said, waiting for her a moment to see if she would calm.

After a few moments the young Verbena did calm a little, she whimpered and looked at you, tears in her eyes and she cough a few times but she did settle down.

"Do you remember I was going to sing that song for you again? I have come back to do so...would you like to hear it?"

"Yes..."
Beatrice muttered and looked at you then she looked concerned.
"But I do not want to...fall asleep again...what if all this is an illusion and I am still there...in that...room...what if they are still...there..."
She sobbed and she let go of your sleeve and twisted her hands in the cuffs enough to make herself bleed.
"I can still hear them...hear them in my mind chanting...I hear them!"
She nearly shrieked.
"I do not want to go back there..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:25 am

"No unfortunately I do not, I can contact the Orphans I know of in the city to warn them but there can be many that have never had any contact with the Traditions at all." Your Mentor said and frowned.

"True. I'm not sure if they were successful in recruiting them either, at this point."

"And I would not want something that have a recording of your voice to get lost somewhere, just be mindful of your manners as well fili mi, even if the situation is difficult right now. I guess I have trained you to be to cautious."

He scratched at his beard. "I seem to have lost my manners at times, but that's better than losing my mind."

"Well we will prove her wrong and foil Lisa Larson's plan, and it is good she have some shame in her, she should have that after what she have done...but having no hope, that makes her dangerous. What are these ideas of Mr Karyak? He said something about some shapechanger ritual what was he on about with that? And no one do not parade a prisoner around, there is always a chance a captive might escape and we do not need her to know more about this Chantry than she already do, nor do we want her to be put in danger either."

"Ah, yes. He did not elaborate too much upon it, but it seems the werewolves do have some type of ritual to cleanse those...how did he put it, dance the black spiral of the wyrm, those that serve out of control entropy. It either kills them or it cleanses them...of course, how this might work for a mage we don't know, nor if the werewolves would assist someone with one of their rituals, but it is not an idea with no merit. However, experimenting on prisoners even should they agree to such is an ethical concern and it should be considered carefully."

"I will have a talk with him once the delegation from Westchapel arrive and I agree the prisoner's things should be burned, though I trust Miss Gottschalk knows this and will take care of it as soon as she is able but I will ask her about it when next I see her."
Jeffry agreed and nodded.

"Yes, she said as much," he agreed.

"I appreciate you coming to tell me how things went fili mi, and no I get the same feeling that Mr Karyak might do something foolish if pressed and I would want to avoid that but there is a limit to how much I will give just to not be put in a position where something have to be done. I share your hope that Mr Wainwright might be able to knock some sense into the young man, for he needs some." The old mage said and he seamed quite concerned.

"If he can manage to wait until at least the problems we have now are resolved I would be grateful," he sighed. "Well, I have other things to attend to, I wish to check in on Beatrice and the state of the Mercere..."

Later:

Beatrice looked up at you and her small, bound hands grabbed the fabric of your hoodie as if to hold onto you. "I...know, I can feel it when you are close...my broken angel is carrying...a torch now." She muttered weakly.

He gave her a curious look but did not ask, instead giving her a little nod.

"Yes..."
Beatrice muttered and looked at you then she looked concerned.
"But I do not want to...fall asleep again...what if all this is an illusion and I am still there...in that...room...what if they are still...there..."
She sobbed and she let go of your sleeve and twisted her hands in the cuffs enough to make herself bleed.
"I can still hear them...hear them in my mind chanting...I hear them!"
She nearly shrieked.
"I do not want to go back there..."

"You are not there in that room where or when it happened, adelfi, you are here with me in the node room together, right now. Listen to me, those voices you hear chanting are from the past. "See? Real...right now, we're here...this is the now we occupy. Where did the stone rose go, hrm? Let's find it...hold onto it...and I will sing the song...Sleep will help you stay strong so that we can make it through this," he said, and took one of her hands.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:12 am

Earlier:

"True. I'm not sure if they were successful in recruiting them either, at this point."

"No we can only hope the Orphans have the sense not to be fooled by the Nephandi. I wish we could find them so we could protect them though, I guess we have to ask our other prisoners if they know something."
Jeffry said and looked concerned.

He scratched at his beard. "I seem to have lost my manners at times, but that's better than losing my mind."

Jeffry looked at you for a good while then his face cracked up into a broad smile.
"Ah fili mi to right..."
The old mage said and chuckled.

"Ah, yes. He did not elaborate too much upon it, but it seems the werewolves do have some type of ritual to cleanse those...how did he put it, dance the black spiral of the wyrm, those that serve out of control entropy. It either kills them or it cleanses them...of course, how this might work for a mage we don't know, nor if the werewolves would assist someone with one of their rituals, but it is not an idea with no merit. However, experimenting on prisoners even should they agree to such is an ethical concern and it should be considered carefully."

"Hum...the idea do have merit but we know far to little to act on this yet. The first off course is the ethics of it, we are talking about a desperate prisoner likely to agree to anything she think have a ghost of a chance of saving her Avatar, using that to experiment on her is problematic, another issue is the legal aspect if this kills her that can be seen as letting a Nephandus escape."
The old magus said then he shook his head.
"But no the idea should not be discarded, I guess we need to speak with the shapechangers about this."
He declared.
"If this could work it would be of extreme value to our cause..."

"Yes, she said as much," he agreed.

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Good."

"If he can manage to wait until at least the problems we have now are resolved I would be grateful," he sighed. "Well, I have other things to attend to, I wish to check in on Beatrice and the state of the Mercere..."

"Something tells me patience is not your new Cabalmate's greatest virtue."
Your Mentor said then he nodded.
"Off course fili mi, I will not keep you, I have tings to attend to as well. I am grateful that you came to rapport to me though."

Later:

"You are not there in that room where or when it happened, adelfi, you are here with me in the node room together, right now. Listen to me, those voices you hear chanting are from the past. "See? Real...right now, we're here...this is the now we occupy.

"B...but what if this is my...imagination, an escape as they work...as they chant and hurt me..."
Beatrice whimpered and looked fearfully at you.
"What if it is happening...what if it is happening..."
She muttered and started sobbing then she looked up at you.
"Are you sure we are here...in the Node room? That...it is over?"

Where did the stone rose go, hrm? Let's find it...hold onto it...and I will sing the song...Sleep will help you stay strong so that we can make it through this," he said, and took one of her hands.

"I had it...it must be...under me now..."
The young Verbena muttered.
"I do not want to...sleep...I am afraid...what if I am just imagining this...they gathered around me like shadows...like demons...I have heard such chanting since I was a child but now it was cruel and foul...what if..."
She muttered shaking her head from side of side in a near panic.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:31 am

"No we can only hope the Orphans have the sense not to be fooled by the Nephandi. I wish we could find them so we could protect them though, I guess we have to ask our other prisoners if they know something."
Jeffry said and looked concerned.

"More loose ends...well, if we can help then we should try."

Jeffry looked at you for a good while then his face cracked up into a broad smile. "Ah fili mi to right..." The old mage said and chuckled.

He gave a smile back.

"But no the idea should not be discarded, I guess we need to speak with the shapechangers about this."
He declared.
"If this could work it would be of extreme value to our cause..."

"I keep saying werewolves...though it maybe weresharks in this case. Fera, he called shapechangers...I'm learning all kinds of things this week. But yes, as soon as the immediate crises are seen to..."

"Something tells me patience is not your new Cabalmate's greatest virtue."
Your Mentor said then he nodded.
"Off course fili mi, I will not keep you, I have tings to attend to as well. I am grateful that you came to rapport to me though."

"I would like to drop by the earth elementals and say hello, I haven't even had the moment, I do hope they don't think I'm a rude host...well, if you'll excuse me sir." He gave him a nod of his head and went out the door.

Later:

"B...but what if this is my...imagination, an escape as they work...as they chant and hurt me..."
Beatrice whimpered and looked fearfully at you.
"What if it is happening...what if it is happening..."
She muttered and started sobbing then she looked up at you.
"Are you sure we are here...in the Node room? That...it is over?"

"It is not your imagination, it is not happening to you, it is over. I am sure that we are here, right now in the node room," he assured her.

"I had it...it must be...under me now..."
The young Verbena muttered.
"I do not want to...sleep...I am afraid...what if I am just imagining this...they gathered around me like shadows...like demons...I have heard such chanting since I was a child but now it was cruel and foul...what if..."
She muttered shaking her head from side of side in a near panic.

"Let's find it..." he said, and looked for the rose to put back into her hands, concerned over her distress and agitation. "Beatrice, please listen to me. There are no what-ifs, look at me....please, look at me. Hear my words. We are in the node room, together.  They did not destroy your avatar, though it was hurt and you feel that hurt right now. We are here. Together. In the node room. You do not need to fear sleep. You said your avatar now had a torch, so then you must know that it is there...as I am here, and we two are together, right now. The room is not very warm and there is no bed, but you can feel the node...it is soothing, and there must be something to soothe, for it to feel so...so too you then know that it is there...I sang to you before, and you slept and awoke and it was still there..."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:57 am

Earlier:

"More loose ends...well, if we can help then we should try."

"Yes it seam that every development lead to more questions however yes if we find out who the targeted Orphan is we need to try to help them."
Your Mentor agreed.

"I keep saying werewolves...though it maybe weresharks in this case. Fera, he called shapechangers...I'm learning all kinds of things this week. But yes, as soon as the immediate crises are seen to..."

"I am glad you are using the Nephandi trying to destroy the world as a learning experience my apprentice."
Jeffry said with a bit of a grin.
"I do not know about the name fera I am not very familiar with shapechangers, however yes we need to look into this once we have stopped Larson."

"I would like to drop by the earth elementals and say hello, I haven't even had the moment, I do hope they don't think I'm a rude host...well, if you'll excuse me sir." He gave him a nod of his head and went out the door.

"Ah the little spider spirits...little Jean Miss Gottschalk's apprentice seam to have taken to them and have been keeping them company."
Jeffry said with a slight smile.
"Off course I will see you later."
He said before you left.

Later:

"It is not your imagination, it is not happening to you, it is over. I am sure that we are here, right now in the node room," he assured her.

Beatrice looked at you sobbing slightly but she nodded.
"I...guess that if I made myself a fantasy you would like me...and not as a sister...but you are more likely to like Master Sharaya than me...so...perhaps this is...reality?"
She muttered but she did not seam completely convinced.

"Let's find it..." he said, and looked for the rose to put back into her hands, concerned over her distress and agitation.

You found the blue stone rose right under Beatrice in the folds of her blankets, she grabbed the crystal when you gave it back to her and seamed to take some comfort from it."

"Beatrice, please listen to me. There are no what-ifs, look at me....please, look at me. Hear my words. We are in the node room, together. They did not destroy your avatar, though it was hurt and you feel that hurt right now. We are here. Together. In the node room. You do not need to fear sleep. You said your avatar now had a torch, so then you must know that it is there...as I am here, and we two are together, right now.

"I...can feel it...my Avatar, he holds a torch and it is....so clean...so perfect...he never speak but he holds that fire..."
Beatrice muttered and she seamed to begin to believe what you where saying.
"But...I am so scared...and I hear them in my head..."
She muttered...

The room is not very warm and there is no bed, but you can feel the node...it is soothing, and there must be something to soothe, for it to feel so...so too you then know that it is there...I sang to you before, and you slept and awoke and it was still there..."

"Yes...he is there...I...can feel him...these...restraints make me feel locked in...but he is there I...perhaps you are right Adley I...if you say it is so that he will still be there when I wake up."
Beatrice muttered in a weary voice.
"O...ok I want to hear...your song..."
She muttered softly and whimpered slightly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:33 am

"I see, but you are not wounded are you Mr Wainwright, the shards are not hurting you?"
Colin smiled, "I was attempted gilgulled earlier tonight; THAT hurt. But it only cracked my shell and let my Avatar unfold and grow, and revealed what lay hidden. Instead of taking damage, I've gained power, though it itches a bit in ephemeral places... But the shards? No, not at all."

"Yes I know Teomim was an imperfect rebis...buteven so how can this be?"
He shrugged, "Best guess? The Masters who performed the execution missed a pretty big piece of my Avatar; perhaps it hid in the cloud of fragments, as it does now, and then spent the next five centuries trying to rebuild what was lost. It is not yet done, but the progress is astounding."

"And you have memories from his life...Teomim's life? That there was no blankets when he was...formed? Damn this...just damn..."
He nodded, "Bloody cold laboratory, too - not a comfortable place to pass out from fatigue in a brand new body... And then there's the memory of the twins' birthday; that was nerve-wracking... we paced a lot, almost to the point of wearing out a path in the wooden flooring, Louis and Cygnus tried to calm us... not very successfully. Hum, they never did have kids of their own, did they?"

"I see well that is a useful...and disturbing ability, so your Avatar is a collection of...such shards...but it works as an Avatar should and connect you to the Quintessence pool...yes yes off course it do I have seen you do magick...I guess nothing is impossible but even so...ehm...and this collection of shards have two pieces of Beatrice?"
"Yes, two shards, kept intact and distinct from the cloud around the core."

"I guess there is truth to that Mr Wainwright but, I fear she will never get over what was done to her, how do one get over something like that, poor child I should have protected her better..."
Amadeus muttered.
"But yes she would not want pain inflicted on other, then again she never did want that."
He grinned, "She is headstrong; I suspect she gets that from you. And it goes beyond not wanting to inflict pain; she'll help ease a patient's pain at the Verbena Clinic when we visit Horizon. I don't know much of the details about that, though; I myself volunteer for a bit of kitchen duty while she's at it..."

"But those pieces of Beatrice is safe, they will not be...integrated into the rest of your...ehm collection will they Mr Wainwright?"
He asked. Cita nodded.
"It is likely the central shard will keep holding onto those pieces and that she will not assimilate them yes, and I do think she recognize them in some way, that is the more likely explanation. It is not likely that she would know the host of those shards would want them back no, then again I would not really know, I am just guessing."
"What she said... but there's no guarantee that won't change over time, so we would want to try to coax them free."

"Opium...yes we could use that, and there are few others...as for addressing the spirit with politeness I will kiss her noncoporeal ass if she can actually help Bee."
He grinned, "I do believe sincere politeness will serve better than being a lickspittle. A dram of tass to invite her with won't go amiss, though. Shimmer can apparently be a bit crass if she suspects the summoner to intend to order her around - she might have had some unpleasant experiences in that regard."

"No she...would not have wanted me to take that risk but...I so wish I could have protected her."
He frowned, "Some times, I think, one will find that one cannot protect those one love, but one can comfort them while someone else fights... A hard lesson to accept for anyone, I suppose, but no less true."

"Another apprentice? But I could not possibly take on another student before Beatrice is well...unless...hum..."
The old mage said and glanced and Colin and then at Cita.
"Unless the woman in white find her host..."
He arched an eyebrow, "That I know nothing of, unfortunately; Beatrice mentioned it in an aside, two months from now. It would be difficult to ask her to clarify before that time..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:11 am

Colin smiled, "I was attempted gilgulled earlier tonight; THAT hurt. But it only cracked my shell and let my Avatar unfold and grow, and revealed what lay hidden. Instead of taking damage, I've gained power, though it itches a bit in ephemeral places... But the shards? No, not at all."

Amadeus gave you and even look and just continued to look at you for a while.
"Your...Avatar seam to be both quite peculiar, quite hardy and quite lucky Mr Wainwright and I know none other who can say something like that in such a casual way...I will assume then that whoever you ended up in a bit of a bit of a tangle with did not do the best job at their attempt, I am glad that you appear to be fine though."
He muttered a little shocked.

He shrugged, "Best guess? The Masters who performed the execution missed a pretty big piece of my Avatar; perhaps it hid in the cloud of fragments, as it does now, and then spent the next five centuries trying to rebuild what was lost. It is not yet done, but the progress is astounding."

"I guess that do make sense, if that shard was self conscious it could be hiding, or the other shards hid it, I would not be surprised with Teomim managed to pull that off, he was quite the mage I hear."
Amadeus said and glanced at you.
"It is still allot to take in though...and I have to say that if anyone who do not want you well find out about this then you will be in quite a bit of hot water young man..."
He said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Bloody cold laboratory, too - not a comfortable place to pass out from fatigue in a brand new body... And then there's the memory of the twins' birthday; that was nerve-wracking... we paced a lot, almost to the point of wearing out a path in the wooden flooring, Louis and Cygnus tried to calm us... not very successfully. Hum, they never did have kids of their own, did they?"

"Laboratories used to be rather cold back in the day, keeping large rooms warm could get rather expensive...hum...and these children are now...Mr Roth Hicks and Bee..."
The old Verbena said then he shook his head.
"Those are names from the First Cabal, I doubt they had children, most mages don't...but they probably did have apprentices."

"Yes, two shards, kept intact and distinct from the cloud around the core."

"Hum...then taking those shards back should not harm you then Mr Wainwright?"
Amadeus asked.

He grinned, "She is headstrong; I suspect she gets that from you. And it goes beyond not wanting to inflict pain; she'll help ease a patient's pain at the Verbena Clinic when we visit Horizon. I don't know much of the details about that, though; I myself volunteer for a bit of kitchen duty while she's at it..."

"Beatrice is a fine young healer."
The old blood mage said sounding proud.
"I have always found it hard to believe that she is a widderslainte since she is such a kind person but headstrong she is that indeed, but I suspect she get that from her mother..."
He muttered and smiled.

"What she said... but there's no guarantee that won't change over time, so we would want to try to coax them free."

"I agree we should try to get them free as soon as possible."
Cita said and nodded. Amadeus still looked rather overwhelmed but he gave a nod.
"Yes...whatever Master Telar this is best."

He grinned, "I do believe sincere politeness will serve better than being a lickspittle. A dram of tass to invite her with won't go amiss, though. Shimmer can apparently be a bit crass if she suspects the summoner to intend to order her around - she might have had some unpleasant experiences in that regard."

"You are probably right Mr Wainwright and getting her a dram of Tass should not be a problem...Shimmer you say, that is what she called herself?"
Amadeus asked then he nodded.
"Yes many of our kind mistreat spirits and treat them as nothing but tools, it have made many Umbroods suspicious of mages."

He frowned, "Some times, I think, one will find that one cannot protect those one love, but one can comfort them while someone else fights... A hard lesson to accept for anyone, I suppose, but no less true."

"It is not a pleasant lesson that is for sure. I so want to protect her and that I could not...I am not sure if I will ever forgive myself. I have lost apprentices before...I could not protect them either."
He muttered sadly.

He arched an eyebrow, "That I know nothing of, unfortunately; Beatrice mentioned it in an aside, two months from now. It would be difficult to ask her to clarify before that time..."

"You are beginning to sound like an old Cultist of Ecstasy young man."
Amadeus said about your memories from the future.
"It is not something it is easy to discuss, let us just say that the man you think you are a partial reincarnation of...are not the only one who have two Avatars..."
He said his voice a bit hard and bitter as he spoke.

(OOC: I might be a bit slow with replies today, first I am going out to play MtG and then I am going to a Christmas party.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:48 am

"Your...Avatar seam to be both quite peculiar, quite hardy and quite lucky Mr Wainwright and I know none other who can say something like that in such a casual way...I will assume then that whoever you ended up in a bit of a bit of a tangle with did not do the best job at their attempt, I am glad that you appear to be fine though."
Colin smiled darkly, "She... did not survive the attempt. I passed out at the time, but she died, as far as I can tell."

"It is still allot to take in though...and I have to say that if anyone who do not want you well find out about this then you will be in quite a bit of hot water young man..."
He smirked, "I trust you with the rosebush in my living room. Trusting you with my Avatar is hardly much different in terms of risk."

"Laboratories used to be rather cold back in the day, keeping large rooms warm could get rather expensive...hum...and these children are now...Mr Roth Hicks and Bee..."
He nodded, "True, heating the room would be costly, but keeping a few blankets at hand, or a spare robe... that would just be the simplest of preparations, wouldn't it?"

"Hum...then taking those shards back should not harm you then Mr Wainwright?"
He shook his head, "Not unless Mia decides she doesn't want to give them back, I think - and I doubt that's going to be the case."

"I have always found it hard to believe that she is a widderslainte since she is such a kind person but headstrong she is that indeed, but I suspect she get that from her mother..."
"Perhaps both of you have had some influence in that regard..."

"You are probably right Mr Wainwright and getting her a dram of Tass should not be a problem...Shimmer you say, that is what she called herself?"
Amadeus asked then he nodded.
"Yes many of our kind mistreat spirits and treat them as nothing but tools, it have made many Umbroods suspicious of mages."
He nodded, "Shimmer, literally the manifestation of heat shimmers above cooking - very specific; smells like mum's cooking, or gran's freshly-baked brownies, or perhaps a chunk of meat roasting over open fire... Very pleasant once you convince her of your friendly intentions. And those Umbroods' concerns seem unfortunately well founded..."

"It is not a pleasant lesson that is for sure. I so want to protect her and that I could not...I am not sure if I will ever forgive myself. I have lost apprentices before...I could not protect them either."
"Mourn the dead, but fight for the living... We all lose people, one way or the other. To violence, illness, age... I suppose your burden as such is bigger than mine yet, but... we can't let the ghosts distract us from the ones we still can protect."

"You are beginning to sound like an old Cultist of Ecstasy young man."
He grinned, "I get that a lot these days."

"It is not something it is easy to discuss, let us just say that the man you think you are a partial reincarnation of...are not the only one who have two Avatars..."
He pondered for a moment, "Ah, yes, I believe you did mention as much the other day - full memories of your past incarnations, owing to the lady who walks by your river? Hm, Teomim having two Avatars was... very different, I believe; an unsuccessful attempt to merge two into one. I get the impression yours is... more like a parent carrying a child?"

((OOC: Not a problem; I have 350 years to power through. I know I sound like a Cultist of Ecstasy when I put it like that, but really, it's a matter of assembling calendars for next year. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:16 pm

I belive not. Good job Today, though. I'll see you soon. he said before they said farewell and hang up.

Thanks Mr Roth. I will be having this interviews for some time, should i after that Take her to my home or should i remain at the chantry?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Tane's reply:
Thanks Mr Roth. I will be having this interviews for some time, should i after that Take her to my home or should i remain at the chantry?

"No, Mr Karyak. We cannot send someone there to watch her, if you're going to be out, as I said, she needs to stay here under guard until she is transferred. I will speak with the Chief right now to ask him to send someone, but Mrs Gottschalk is with her right now. I suggest putting up a perimeter alarm as well, in the event there are intruders or she tries to escape. Please speak with Mrs Gottschalk and ask her if she is willing to wait with Mrs Getwater until someone else arrives."

Chief's office:

"I am glad you are using the Nephandi trying to destroy the world as a learning experience my apprentice." Jeffry said with a bit of a grin. "I do not know about the name fera I am not very familiar with shapechangers, however yes we need to look into this once we have stopped Larson."

"Which reminds me, I was told that there was an encounter with someone that had a particular kind of silver knife, ornamental or decorative in style? Well, as it happens, it turns out they are a kind of vampire. Very rare that have blood of the fey...they are being targeted by the Nephandi for their instinctual prowess when in underground areas."

"Ah the little spider spirits...little Jean Miss Gottschalk's apprentice seam to have taken to them and have been keeping them company." Jeffry said with a slight smile. "Off course I will see you later.

He smiled a bit at that. "I did see her drawing one, now that I think about it." Then he gave him a nod and headed downstairs.

Later:

Beatrice looked at you sobbing slightly but she nodded. "I...guess that if I made myself a fantasy you would like me...and not as a sister...but you are more likely to like Master Sharaya than me...so...perhaps this is...reality?"

He wanted to tell her not to cry but she had every right to, he just wished it didn't hurt so damn much. He seemed about to say something when she spoke up again. His mouth snapped shut as a wave of extremely acute embarrassment washed over him, turning his face bright red. He blinked down at her, trying to turn his mind from the inevitable detour it was trying to take to determine the veracity of that statement. It was not something he had been expecting to hear or contemplate, certainly he'd had enough emotional upheavals for a while but it seemed like there were going to be one more, or he would not be so damn embarrassed. At least it was a relatively normal one, comparatively. He sighed and shook his head, bringing his attention back to Beatrice who needed him and probably had just thought of something offhand to indicate his preferences, though he was starting to wonder if her comments were truthful due to the influence of the spirit or their connection.

"This is reality...I love you as if you were my sister," he affirmed. "Also, I'm sure you have a better imagination than to put us here in a cold room together on the floor, hrm? Would you not choose a more romantic meeting if this were fantasy?"

"I...can feel it...my Avatar, he holds a torch and it is....so clean...so perfect...he never speak but he holds that fire..."
Beatrice muttered and she seamed to begin to believe what you where saying.
"But...I am so scared...and I hear them in my head..."
She muttered...

"They are voices from the past, not from right now. Concentrate on right now, Beatrice."

"Yes...he is there...I...can feel him...these...restraints make me feel locked in...but he is there I...perhaps you are right Adley I...if you say it is so that he will still be there when I wake up."
Beatrice muttered in a weary voice.
"O...ok I want to hear...your song..."

"You need to rest so you can stay strong," he said gently. "Very well, I will sing again for you. Maybe next time I will try it in German and you can correct me," he said. He gathered up his composure and started to sing to her again. This time though she was in his arms and he rocked her gently. Most of the music he knew how to sing were for choir, when he was younger or holiday carols or ones his mother sang. But it was good to put it to some use, even if it weren't his best skill.

"Deep the silence 'round us spreading, all through the night. Dark the path that we are treading, all through the night. Still the coming day discerning, by the hope within us burning, to the dawn our footsteps turning, all though the night...Star of faith, the dark adorning, all through the night. Leads us fearless t'wards the morning, all through the night. Though our hearts be wrapt in sorrow, from the hope of dawn we borrow, promise of a glad tomorrow, all through the night..."

// have fun at the party Anja, and planning for your game Warp.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:19 pm

Adley:

Jeffry Morgan's Office:

"Which reminds me, I was told that there was an encounter with someone that had a particular kind of silver knife, ornamental or decorative in style? Well, as it happens, it turns out they are a kind of vampire. Very rare that have blood of the fey...they are being targeted by the Nephandi for their instinctual prowess when in underground areas."

Your Mentor nodded and flipped open his notebook he flipped through several pages before tapping one of them.
"That is right, Mr Haagen and Mr Miles when to pick up Lars Bridge from Riverside and on the way they found a badly wounded man, they got him away from the crowd and found him to be rather peculiar, the man did not breathe and his eyes was all black, he had a ornate silver dagger on him that Mr Miles took in case the man they rescued should turn out to be hostile, he was not but he refused to give his name and when pressed about who he was and about going with them to a place he could be looked after he demanded to be let out of the car, Mr Haagen and Mr Miles saw no reason to risk a confrontation and let him go...do you think this is the Massassa type you are talking about? And why would the Nephandi care about vampires?"
The old mage asked as he closed his note book again.

He smiled a bit at that. "I did see her drawing one, now that I think about it." Then he gave him a nod and headed downstairs.

"Yes the girl is quite talented when it comes to Spirits...but yes things to do, things to do, take care fili mi."

Later:

"This is reality...I love you as if you were my sister," he affirmed. "Also, I'm sure you have a better imagination than to put us here in a cold room together on the floor, hrm? Would you not choose a more romantic meeting if this were fantasy?"

"P...probably...I would imagine a large library full of old books with a fireplace, not that something that give off so much...sot is good to have where you keep old books, but when we are...talking fantasy..."
Beatrice muttered and she managed to give a weak smile efore she whimpered again, the thought cheering her up a little.
"I am content...being your sister...I am honored to be..."
She muttered and had to close her eyes for a moment to regain strength after she had spoken two full sentences.
"I am sorry...I made you embarrassed I just...feel...that flame on the torch...I just..."
She muttered not managing to formulate what she wanted to say, pain muddling her mind.

"They are voices from the past, not from right now. Concentrate on right now, Beatrice."

"Yes now...the Node is cold but also warm...your hands are warm...the room is cold...talking inside of me...I want nothingness, an eternity with no potential for creation...no says the flame, you exist to end so there can be a new beginning, I exist to create...she part of us rests with exist to preserve...confused...conversation..."
The young Verbena muttered incoherently.
"That torch would not be with me...if I where not here...for it is part of you is it not?"
She asked half desperate for confirmation that she was not still in that ritual room.

"You need to rest so you can stay strong," he said gently. "Very well, I will sing again for you. Maybe next time I will try it in German and you can correct me," he said. He gathered up his composure and started to sing to her again. This time though she was in his arms and he rocked her gently. Most of the music he knew how to sing were for choir, when he was younger or holiday carols or ones his mother sang. But it was good to put it to some use, even if it weren't his best skill.

Beatrice looked at you, her breath was uneven and her weak noises of discomfort seldom stopped but at least she calmed down and she smiled a little when you spoke about singing to her in German.
"High...German...not same language..."
She muttered softly.

"Deep the silence 'round us spreading, all through the night. Dark the path that we are treading, all through the night. Still the coming day discerning, by the hope within us burning, to the dawn our footsteps turning, all though the night...Star of faith, the dark adorning, all through the night. Leads us fearless t'wards the morning, all through the night. Though our hearts be wrapt in sorrow, from the hope of dawn we borrow, promise of a glad tomorrow, all through the night..."

Beatrice quieted down eventually and the pained sounds that came from her grew softer until she finally fell asleep, her breath was still to shallow and she felt...fragile, the little Disciple of Life usually looked so alive, even when she had been bed ridden with Paradox she had somehow felt...vibrant but how she felt like a baby bird that had fallen out of the nest, small, fragile and broken, but at least she slept, her small hands holding onto that stone rose and she rested in your arms.

Colin:

Colin smiled darkly, "She... did not survive the attempt. I passed out at the time, but she died, as far as I can tell."

"Well that is a rote quite solidly failed then, this attacker of yours was a Nephandus I assume?"
Amadeus asked though he still looked rather pale at how casually you where talking about the attempt on your Avatar.

He smirked, "I trust you with the rosebush in my living room. Trusting you with my Avatar is hardly much different in terms of risk."

"Well...I might be able to do things to you with that rosebush that your next incarnation will have traumatic memories about Mr Wainwright, but you sort of need and Avatar to have a new incarnation so one is more important than the other, though I do appreciate the trust."
The old Verbena said and smiled.

He nodded, "True, heating the room would be costly, but keeping a few blankets at hand, or a spare robe... that would just be the simplest of preparations, wouldn't it?"

"Well my Tradition have never been the biggest fans of the Betrayer or his works, that he was sloppy with ritual aftercare for himself really do not add up to the other things the man...woman...them they did."
Amadeus said and gave you a bit of a dirty look.

He shook his head, "Not unless Mia decides she doesn't want to give them back, I think - and I doubt that's going to be the case."

"Good, I would hate to see a good man hurt in the process."
The old druid said though it was pretty clear from the way he said it who he would choose in a contest between your comfort and his apprentice's health.

"Perhaps both of you have had some influence in that regard..."

"Perhaps we both where, perhaps we both where indeed."
He said sounding amused.

He nodded, "Shimmer, literally the manifestation of heat shimmers above cooking - very specific; smells like mum's cooking, or gran's freshly-baked brownies, or perhaps a chunk of meat roasting over open fire... Very pleasant once you convince her of your friendly intentions. And those Umbroods' concerns seem unfortunately well founded..."

"And interesting Umbrood, I will see if I can manage to summon her, I will ask Mr King or one of my Coven to sit with Bee while I work on the herbal potion then...hopefully this will work."
Amadeus said then he sigh.
"Yes unfortunately the Umbroods' concern are often well founded, many mages do not see them as living, thinking beings."

"Mourn the dead, but fight for the living... We all lose people, one way or the other. To violence, illness, age... I suppose your burden as such is bigger than mine yet, but... we can't let the ghosts distract us from the ones we still can protect."

"Wise words in theory Mr Wainwright, but not easy to do in practice, but yes I...can not go back in time and protect Beatrice from what was done to her, but I can fight for her now and try to support and help her, and that is all I can do, but I still do not think I will ever fully forgive myself for failing her."
The old mage muttered sadly.
"I will not...loose her to."

He grinned, "I get that a lot these days."

Amadeus grinned a bit at that.

He pondered for a moment, "Ah, yes, I believe you did mention as much the other day - full memories of your past incarnations, owing to the lady who walks by your river? Hm, Teomim having two Avatars was... very different, I believe; an unsuccessful attempt to merge two into one. I get the impression yours is... more like a parent carrying a child?"

"Yes...that is one of the theories as to why Avatars are born with companions at times, that the companions are young souls that are learning to to reach incarnation...or even that they somehow are the children of the stronger Avatar they walk through the ages with, in either case the Lady in White makes me essentially immortal...but stagnant..."
Amadeus said then he leaned back against the wall and sigh.
"Well I might as well tell you the rest of it...I noticed the Lady in White reacting every time I was around Miss Florentine so I asked Mr Karyak's help in communicating with her, he says she is...compatible with Miss Florentine and that since the young Mercere have no Avatar of her own, the Lady in White are reaching for that...ehm...slot in her soul and are ready to incarnate...Master Telar have confirmed that it might be possible, if the Lady is indeed compatible with Miss Florentine's soul...for me to give the Companion soul to her, it is not a strong Avatar but it is Awakened and perhaps in doing so I can cure her greatest malady...and she can free me from my ever contentious existence of living the same life over and over..."
The long mage muttered longingly. Cita sigh and looked down.
"Well I said it is...possible...I have never transferred a Avatar between two hosts before it is theoretical and I do not even know if we should try or what the risks would be before I examine Miss Florentine's soul, her Avatar is gone but I need to know how big the damage is to the soul it lived in, sort of like knowing your USB cable is busted and then having to check if the port is damaged as well or not...providing that the soul of the Mercere woman is not to damaged and that Master Nassa's secondary Avatar is compatible then I can try such an working but..."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
"And even if it works chances are the girl will have to be trained again from scratch...she will not be the same as she was."
She cautioned.

Tane:

I belive not. Good job Today, though. I'll see you soon. he said before they said farewell and hang up.

"Thank you...you as well Tane...take care of yourself until then."
Alessa said beore you hung up on the call.

(OOC: I am back...seriously whoever invented high heels where a sadist. Also Colin will need allot of calendars Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:03 pm

"Well that is a rote quite solidly failed then, this attacker of yours was a Nephandus I assume?"
Colin nodded, "Last Nephandus in the group we fought... To be honest, I was not quite conscious at the time; that probably helped soften the terror of it all, I'm not sure I could be as cavalier about it if I had faced it all with full awareness of what was happening at the time."

"Well...I might be able to do things to you with that rosebush that your next incarnation will have traumatic memories about Mr Wainwright, but you sort of need and Avatar to have a new incarnation so one is more important than the other, though I do appreciate the trust."
He grinned wryly, "I'm not entirely certain whether inheriting such traumatic memory would be worse than not reincarnating at all, but I'd rather not find out."

"Well my Tradition have never been the biggest fans of the Betrayer or his works, that he was sloppy with ritual aftercare for himself really do not add up to the other things the man...woman...them they did."
He shrugged, "Their crimes are not disputed, though I think that as much as Julius de Medici was a genius, he did not plan ahead. I would surmise Mia de Napoli was the more meticulous of the two, and the one more conscious of consequences... but Julius was the dominant part, with the consequences it since had. It doesn't compare to what they did later, but it does rather suggest a lack of concern for whatever came later. A, hm, trait which I might have to admit to sharing, though I suspect Mia has tempered that better in me than she could in Teomim..."

"Good, I would hate to see a good man hurt in the process."
Colin gave Amadeus a look, just for a moment, and nodded, "As would I, but saving Beatrice would be worth the pain."

"Wise words in theory Mr Wainwright, but not easy to do in practice, but yes I...can not go back in time and protect Beatrice from what was done to her, but I can fight for her now and try to support and help her, and that is all I can do, but I still do not think I will ever fully forgive myself for failing her."
He pondered, "There are missions I would have preferred not flying, in hindsight, but even if I could travel back and change that, I think the consequences might be worse than the occasional nightmares... Likewise, if Beatrice had not been... hurt, we might not be fully aware of the extent of the Nephandi problem we're tidying up, and we might have been caught with out pants down as their plans came to fruition. You might have stumbled, but you haven't failed, and we might dodge a worse blow yet."

"I will not...loose her to."
Colin remembered, just for a moment, the weight of Beatrice's lifeless body in his arms after the Union attack... and the weight of Alice's equally lifeless body as the Nephandi Battlecruiser came to an end, and said nothing...

"Well I might as well tell you the rest of it...I noticed the Lady in White reacting every time I was around Miss Florentine so I asked Mr Karyak's help in communicating with her, he says she is...compatible with Miss Florentine and that since the young Mercere have no Avatar of her own, the Lady in White are reaching for that...ehm...slot in her soul and are ready to incarnate...Master Telar have confirmed that it might be possible, if the Lady is indeed compatible with Miss Florentine's soul...for me to give the Companion soul to her, it is not a strong Avatar but it is Awakened and perhaps in doing so I can cure her greatest malady...and she can free me from my ever contentious existence of living the same life over and over..."
The long mage muttered longingly. Cita sigh and looked down.
"Well I said it is...possible...I have never transferred a Avatar between two hosts before it is theoretical and I do not even know if we should try or what the risks would be before I examine Miss Florentine's soul, her Avatar is gone but I need to know how big the damage is to the soul it lived in, sort of like knowing your USB cable is busted and then having to check if the port is damaged as well or not...providing that the soul of the Mercere woman is not to damaged and that Master Nassa's secondary Avatar is compatible then I can try such an working but..."
He frowned, then thought for a moment, "Not to slight your incredible skills, Cita, but I don't think you should be the one to try to transfer the Avatar... As much as mr. Karyak is... infuriating me at this moment, his knack for persuading an Avatar to come out from the Mage might be a better approach; to coax the Lady in White out and let her, er, wander over to the Mercere lady on her own, rather than the equivalent of a surgical transplant. By all means, check on miss Florentine's condition first, but mr. Karyak's song might be a better tool for the transfer than digital precision..."

((OOC: Technically, I believe whoever invented high heels was a Persian mounted archer. And Colin won't need calendars, he'll just make the time he needs. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:28 pm

Colin nodded, "Last Nephandus in the group we fought... To be honest, I was not quite conscious at the time; that probably helped soften the terror of it all, I'm not sure I could be as cavalier about it if I had faced it all with full awareness of what was happening at the time."

"I...am glad you can be cavalier about it Mr Wainwright, as unnerving as your attitude to the...incident...might be I would rather have that then see someone else suffer as...Bee is suffering right now."
Amadeus said softly.

He grinned wryly, "I'm not entirely certain whether inheriting such traumatic memory would be worse than not reincarnating at all, but I'd rather not find out."

"Wise man..."
The old druid said and chuckled.

He shrugged, "Their crimes are not disputed, though I think that as much as Julius de Medici was a genius, he did not plan ahead. I would surmise Mia de Napoli was the more meticulous of the two, and the one more conscious of consequences... but Julius was the dominant part, with the consequences it since had. It doesn't compare to what they did later, but it does rather suggest a lack of concern for whatever came later. A, hm, trait which I might have to admit to sharing, though I suspect Mia has tempered that better in me than she could in Teomim..."

"You would know this better than me Mr Wainwright if your theories are correct, however I feel there is little I can add, perhaps Julius de Medici was the more carefree of the pair, in either case just...be sure not to repeat...well you are a good man I will not even complete that sentence."
Amadeus said as he regarded you with a worried look in his fair eyes.

Colin gave Amadeus a look, just for a moment, and nodded, "As would I, but saving Beatrice would be worth the pain."

The old healer patted your shoulder for a moment and gave you a honestly grateful smile.
"Thank you."
Was all he said.
"You are a good friend to Bee..."

He pondered, "There are missions I would have preferred not flying, in hindsight, but even if I could travel back and change that, I think the consequences might be worse than the occasional nightmares... Likewise, if Beatrice had not been... hurt, we might not be fully aware of the extent of the Nephandi problem we're tidying up, and we might have been caught with out pants down as their plans came to fruition. You might have stumbled, but you haven't failed, and we might dodge a worse blow yet."

"I guess we all have things we wish we could change...and things we know was the right choice but that even so make it hard to sleep at night, and perhaps what happened did bring some good with it, but even so if I could change it and save Beatrice that pain...poor child how...will she live with that trauma..."
He muttered then he sigh and looked at you and gave a hint of a smile.
"One thing is for sure Mr Wainwright, when Bee get back on her feet...I am going to spoil her...she will want for nothing...not that it will make up for me not being able to protect her her when she needed me."
He added and his smile faded away.

He frowned, then thought for a moment, "Not to slight your incredible skills, Cita, but I don't think you should be the one to try to transfer the Avatar... As much as mr. Karyak is... infuriating me at this moment, his knack for persuading an Avatar to come out from the Mage might be a better approach; to coax the Lady in White out and let her, er, wander over to the Mercere lady on her own, rather than the equivalent of a surgical transplant. By all means, check on miss Florentine's condition first, but mr. Karyak's song might be a better tool for the transfer than digital precision..."

Cita thought for a moment and flipped open the lid of her computer and did a few calculations.
"It might be a good idea Mr Wainwright, if it can be done naturally and the Companion can be led to incarnate as a walk in would then the bond would be more stable and there should be no discomfort to either party and little or no risk to Master Nassa...I would have to check Miss Florentine's condition before such an attempt is made though and to do that we need the consent of her Mentor since he is her legal guardian and she can not speak for herself right now."

(OOC: Well right now my feet, legs and butt want to give that Persian and his horse a kick in the behind. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:34 am

"I...am glad you can be cavalier about it Mr Wainwright, as unnerving as your attitude to the...incident...might be I would rather have that then see someone else suffer as...Bee is suffering right now."
Colin smiled, "At least that attitude might make any... further attempts seem less appealing for any hostile Master of Spirit thusly inclined... Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, as they say."

"You would know this better than me Mr Wainwright if your theories are correct, however I feel there is little I can add, perhaps Julius de Medici was the more carefree of the pair, in either case just...be sure not to repeat...well you are a good man I will not even complete that sentence."
He snorted, "I will make sure any mistakes I make will be as novel as possible. Teomim tried to make himself a common enemy to unify the Traditions... while I can empathise with their desperation, and agree with the ultimate goal, I disagree with the methods. I believe I can help to greatly bring the Traditions closer, over time, through diplomatic means. I mean, if I can help one old Diedne with a grudge to accept that there's at least one Flambeau he can tolerate..." he added with a small wink.
"My Avatar sees two of its own children in my Cabal... if I am going to do anything like Teomim did, it would be to advance knowledge. Who knows, perhaps I'll make a Philosopher's Stone someday... but not for the same purpose as Julius did."

"You are a good friend to Bee..."
He smiled, "I see her like the favourite niece I never had... that might be as close to the truth as I'll get. Or need to get."

"I guess we all have things we wish we could change...and things we know was the right choice but that even so make it hard to sleep at night, and perhaps what happened did bring some good with it, but even so if I could change it and save Beatrice that pain...poor child how...will she live with that trauma..."
Colin hesitated, only for a moment, "In the vision from two months in the future, she was living quite well with it, under the circumstances. Still weak and lithe, to be sure, but she refuses to let mere pain stop her. And... she does show some signs of focusing on easing the pain of others to overshadow her own, I suppose. Perhaps the noblest coping mechanism."

"One thing is for sure Mr Wainwright, when Bee get back on her feet...I am going to spoil her...she will want for nothing...not that it will make up for me not being able to protect her her when she needed me."
He grinned, "And you think you're the only one who's going to spoil her rotten?"

"It might be a good idea Mr Wainwright, if it can be done naturally and the Companion can be led to incarnate as a walk in would then the bond would be more stable and there should be no discomfort to either party and little or no risk to Master Nassa...I would have to check Miss Florentine's condition before such an attempt is made though and to do that we need the consent of her Mentor since he is her legal guardian and she can not speak for herself right now."
He nodded, "Speaking of the Mercere, how is mr. Gregario and miss Florentine holding up, after all they've been through tonight?"

((OOC: Necromancy aside, I think that might be beating a dead horse... Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:45 am

Ok, i'll do that. You should see Master Morgan. He said before enterin to ask the Chorister if she could remain there with the prisoner for a while.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:04 am

Colin:

Colin smiled, "At least that attitude might make any... further attempts seem less appealing for any hostile Master of Spirit thusly inclined... Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, as they say."

"Well that would certainly make an impression Mr Wainwright, however I hope that you will not need to use such bravado to scare anyone off from trying...that in the future."
Amadeus said and frowned.

He snorted, "I will make sure any mistakes I make will be as novel as possible. Teomim tried to make himself a common enemy to unify the Traditions... while I can empathise with their desperation, and agree with the ultimate goal, I disagree with the methods. I believe I can help to greatly bring the Traditions closer, over time, through diplomatic means. I mean, if I can help one old Diedne with a grudge to accept that there's at least one Flambeau he can tolerate..." he added with a small wink.

"What Teomim did...it is the bloody same thing that House Tremere did when they declared war on House Diedne, the same bloody thing. The Order of Hermes was falling apart and House Guernicus was loosing authority, they knew their deceleration of war would lead to two things, one House Guernicus had to make a ruling as to which House was lawful, and by that show that they had the power to erase an entire House...and whatever House lost, us or them, would be a handy enemy to rally against, and by that unifying the Order...we lost and...we where hunted down..."
Amadeus said angrily.
"The Verbena did not like to see the same tactic used again by one snippy little alchemist bastard!"
He grumbled.
"But yeah...Jeffry Morgan and his blue eyed young apprentice is not so bad, they came through for Beatrice I will give them that...but I will never forgive their House for what they did to the Diedne...for what they did to my two apprentices...my former life's apprentices back then..."
He said with a dangerous harshness in his voice.

"My Avatar sees two of its own children in my Cabal... if I am going to do anything like Teomim did, it would be to advance knowledge. Who knows, perhaps I'll make a Philosopher's Stone someday... but not for the same purpose as Julius did."

"Perhaps...but what if you saw no other choice to save the Traditions...stop our enemies...if sacrificing your Cabal was the only option...what would you do then?"
Amadeus said sounding a bit skeptical, narrowing his eyes.

He smiled, "I see her like the favourite niece I never had... that might be as close to the truth as I'll get. Or need to get."

"Hum...yes well I am glad that she have a good friend...a slightly peculiar uncle, watching over her, many would have abandoned someone like her, I appreciate your loyalty to her."
The old healer said and offered a warm smile.

Colin hesitated, only for a moment, "In the vision from two months in the future, she was living quite well with it, under the circumstances. Still weak and lithe, to be sure, but she refuses to let mere pain stop her. And... she does show some signs of focusing on easing the pain of others to overshadow her own, I suppose. Perhaps the noblest coping mechanism."

"I sometimes forget how strong she is...I still see that confused, newly Awakened little twelve year old child, with wonder in her eyes that liked to make clay figurines just so she could destroy them again...I forget that she is...grown up now...but yes Beatrice is a healer, perhaps helping others will be her salvation in more than one way."
Amadeus muttered and smiled slightly at the memories of Beatrice as a child.

He grinned, "And you think you're the only one who's going to spoil her rotten?"

That made Amadeus give a big grin.
"No I suppose we both will spoil her as rotten as she will let us."
He said sounding a bit amused.

He nodded, "Speaking of the Mercere, how is mr. Gregario and miss Florentine holding up, after all they've been through tonight?"

Amadeus hesitated then he shook his head.
"Not well...Mr Karyak...sang for Bee's Avatar manifesting it for all in the room to see, in it's current wounded state not thinking about the Mercere who where also in the room. I was not there at the moment so I did not have a chance to stop him...the sight did not...do the poor Red Caps good."
He said sounding concerned.
"I think Mr Roth Hicks where going to try to talk with them...but I do not know how well he will do."

Tane:

He said before enterin to ask the Chorister if she could remain there with the prisoner for a while.

You get back into your room and see Hildegard busy with getting Cadence comfortable on the sofa, her expression was stern but also compassionate. Cadence had her back to you, laying on her side, but you could see by how her bound hands was balled into fists behind her back and hoe she slightly shivered that she was still terrified. Hildegard looked up as you came in.
"Miss Getwater should get some rest Mr Karyak, she is still wounded and have lost allot of blood, not to mention the emotional stress of her capture...are your business with Mr Roth Hicks concluded?"

(OOC: Well a horse reanimated by necromancy is still a dead horse is it not? )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:07 am

"That is right...do you think this is the Massassa type you are talking about? And why would the Nephandi care about vampires?"

"That does seem to fit the description. Hrm, well...I came by this knowledge by Carmon; he said the Nephandi are after them since they have the ability to know their way in any underground tunnel. I assume such would endanger their Labyrinths. Unfortunately, that vampire seems to have been killed and the way of it seems to have been fire. I do believe it was the Nephandi trying to cover their tracks. The vampire was unknown to other vampires in the area, but had a dagger similar to that. I believe the two are...related as far as vampires go, one being the Sire to the other, the childer."

Later:
"P...probably...I would imagine a large library full of old books with a fireplace, not that something that give off so much...sot is good to have where you keep old books, but when we are...talking fantasy..."

"Certainly somewhere warmer, with books. And something better to sit on wouldn't go amiss either," he agreed with a faint smile.

"I am content...being your sister...I am honored to be..." She muttered and had to close her eyes for a moment to regain strength after she had spoken two full sentences. "I am sorry...I made you embarrassed I just...feel...that flame on the torch...I just..."

"Don't be sorry," he said, though he was still plainly a bit embarrassed. "I just...was not expecting to hear that, do not concern yourself." Somehow, he didn't think that was the sort of 'friend' that Master Steelhaven had in mind for Narim when he talked to him a week ago.

"Yes now...the Node is cold but also warm...your hands are warm...the room is cold...talking inside of me...I want nothingness, an eternity with no potential for creation...no says the flame, you exist to end so there can be a new beginning, I exist to create...she part of us rests with exist to preserve...confused...conversation..."

He listened though he too was confused over what she was saying at first, as if he were hearing a quarter of a conversation between four people. "It does sound a confusing conversation...but I profess I agree with the flame. I would not wish you to become nothing...to not exist..."

"That torch would not be with me...if I where not here...for it is part of you is it not?" She asked half desperate for confirmation that she was not still in that ritual room.

He nodded. "I believe so, for you said it came in with me...we are here, together now. In the node room..."

she smiled a little when you spoke about singing to her in German. "High...German...not same language..."

"See? I have already learned something, and been corrected..." he said, with another small smile.

Beatrice quieted down eventually and the pained sounds that came from her grew softer until she finally fell asleep...but at least she slept, her small hands holding onto that stone rose and she rested in your arms.

He sighed and put his arms around her and waited for the others to return, letting himself have a quiet moment. Though still watchful over her he could feel the node, feel his sister there in his arms and if their avatars were having a chat, at least they were able to do so. It was nice to not have to say anything for a little while. Even if there were a cacophony of mixed up emotions swirling around with everything that he'd learned and they'd experienced, for now she rested and that was something good.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top