Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:02 pm

"Those are my thoughts as well."

"Yes well we are going to have to see what we can do to get a hold of that cat then."
Tyler muttered.

He certainly hoped he meant figuratively. "Hm, let me see what I can do about that and call you back while you talk to the others, if that is agreeable. Time is short."

"Very well, if I do not respond call again I will wake up from the noise eventually."
The vampiress instructed.
"Hopefully you will catch me before I go to be...very well then I will call up the Tremere girl now."
She said.

Adley put the number into his phone under an alias for the moment so he would not forget it. "Good, can you give me a number on them?" he asked, since he was sure that would be asked of him in turn. He knew the woman was going to be fighting off sleep and both of them the sun and so wanted the matter of acquiring the cat resolved as soon as he could do so.

"Fifteen human ghouls, five Kindred...they are well trained and have been in a fight before."
Tyler said sounding sleepy.
"They will do their jobs well."
She added proudly.

(OOC: Oh do not worry about it if one player fall behind I will create a scene to keep the other busy in the meantime. I am rather experienced in coming up with something on the fly when I need to.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:20 pm

"You are probably right and perhaps you can give the child a few good moments before she either dies or worse, though keeping someone in a cell for that long that is not going to be easy to keep her spirits up...and mages need to use magick Mr Wainwright it is what we are, if you what that little girl to survive you can not keep her from her powers for to long, remember that."
Colin smiled, "Oh, I think I'll be able to arrange some playmates, at least... and possibly some carefully monitored chances to cut loose a little. I know of a few possibilities, at least."

"Yes that happens at times though that tactic to might cause resentment...no I am more talking about offering a sterile woman the ability to have...children...or a desperate man a way to save his Cabal, our offers can be quite tempting and many do not know what would make them sell their soul...we always find out though, sooner or later."
Colin nodded, "But knowing what sort of Wishmasters I would be dealing with makes the prospect even less appealing..."

"I would much prefer to be killed in an escape attempt than...what await me on Horizon, though I would most favor getting out of here alive and complete, the chances of that is not great...I would not like having to kill you, but having a chance to fight you might be a good end if you where to come out on top."
"Well, at least we understand one another here... I would not like havign to kill you, either."

"That woman in there scares me, she is so calm, if she was terrified and crying in a corner she would be harder to guard but then at least I would feel safer but she feels like a caged tiger ready to strike if you give her half a chance, calm, rational and watching for any opportunity."
Colin smiled to Patricia, "Keenly observed. She is an old warrior like me - far older - and she's seen more than her share of horrible things. She's at peace with herself and the fate we have in stock for her... she knows what the potential consequences will be if she tries to escape, and what will happen if she does not. She won't waste any time pleading or showing fear; that's a waste of attention and energy. When the time comes to transfer her to Horizon, she'll likely seize even the smallest opportunity. Be wary, she's got a mouth on the side of her neck, and Heavens know what abilities that has when not suppressed in such a cell..."

((OOC: Well, you'll have plenty of time to catch up tomorrow; D&D Adventurers' League - I'll be introducing an NPC named Miles Redivivus. He's a serial reincarnator, and he might build up a grudge against certain adventurers... Wink I'll be busy most of the day, though... ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:01 am

"Very well, if I do not respond call again I will wake up from the noise eventually." The vampiress instructed. "Hopefully you will catch me before I go to be...very well then I will call up the Tremere girl now." She said

"Very well."

"Fifteen human ghouls, five Kindred...they are well trained and have been in a fight before." Tyler said sounding sleepy. "They will do their jobs well."

"Thank you. I shall talk to you soon," he said.

// That sounds fun, Warp! Lol, did the PCs do something to some poor hapless NPC back in the day xD I have a morning outing with some fam but will try to catch up.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:22 am

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Oh, I think I'll be able to arrange some playmates, at least... and possibly some carefully monitored chances to cut loose a little. I know of a few possibilities, at least."

"That might make her feel better."
Jodelle said and sigh.
"At least you will be kind to the child..."

Colin nodded, "But knowing what sort of Wishmasters I would be dealing with makes the prospect even less appealing..."

"That is true then again, everyone have a price and when you sell your soul willingly you really have no one to blame but yourself."
The Nephandus said and smiled.

"Well, at least we understand one another here... I would not like havign to kill you, either."

Jodelle nodded at that.
"We understand one another Mr Wainwright."
She confirmed.

Colin smiled to Patricia, "Keenly observed. She is an old warrior like me - far older - and she's seen more than her share of horrible things. She's at peace with herself and the fate we have in stock for her... she knows what the potential consequences will be if she tries to escape, and what will happen if she does not. She won't waste any time pleading or showing fear; that's a waste of attention and energy. When the time comes to transfer her to Horizon, she'll likely seize even the smallest opportunity. Be wary, she's got a mouth on the side of her neck, and Heavens know what abilities that has when not suppressed in such a cell..."

Patricia nodded she looked a little nervous.
"Yes Miss Jerkins are the kind of prisoner it is hard to guard, she is not impolite it is easy to like her but you can see in those eyes of hers that she is always watching, waiting for some chance to strike."
The hedge wizard said then she glanced at you.
"A mouth...yeah I noticed that is it some kind of Paradox flaw Sir...I have seen some bizarre thing happen to Awakened magi when it comes to that."

Adley:

"Thank you. I shall talk to you soon," he said.

"Very well...I will talk to you then."
Tyler said before she hung up on the call.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I fell asleep early yesterday. Oh and Warp enjoy torturing your player characters.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:23 am

Patricia nodded she looked a little nervous.
"Yes Miss Jerkins are the kind of prisoner it is hard to guard, she is not impolite it is easy to like her but you can see in those eyes of hers that she is always watching, waiting for some chance to strike."
The hedge wizard said then she glanced at you.
"A mouth...yeah I noticed that is it some kind of Paradox flaw Sir...I have seen some bizarre thing happen to Awakened magi when it comes to that."
Colin smiled, "Try not to be afraid of her - that doesn't help. Be wary - but fear is the mind killer. Fear... is what leads to mistakes. You know she's bound to try something at the first opportunity - accept that instead of worrying about it, and try to predict what form it might take instead, and take the necessary precautions. By no means let her try to summon anything..."

((OOC: The players haven't done anything to poor old Miles Redivivus *yet* - but he's not likely to survive the first encounter. Nor the second. Or for that matter, the third... In fact, he's got the opposite of a GM shield; it's why I named him "The Recycled Soldier". Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:45 am

"It is hard to not be afraid of her knowing what she is and how dangerous she is."
The young hedge wizard said then she sigh.
"But I guess you are right Sir, fearing her will only increase her chances of being able to create trouble."
She added.
"Summon something? But her magick is restrained is it not?"
Patricia said nervously.
"I will try to avoid that but just out of curiosity...what is it she would be summoning which is so bad? I would be more afraid of energy blasts and fireballs."

(OOC: That is what is so fun with mummies in WoD...they will appear to a mage like any other hedge wizard really, and to a vampire probably just as a mage, only they just keep coming back.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:07 am

"Summon something? But her magick is restrained is it not?"
Patricia said nervously.
"I will try to avoid that but just out of curiosity...what is it she would be summoning which is so bad? I would be more afraid of energy blasts and fireballs."
Colin nodded, "Her magic is restrained for now, but she might yet be able to summon her... children via her investment marks, once she's out of the cell. If she does... Imagine a formless, black blob with tentacles. It eats magic. Not a pleasant thing to wrestle with, but it can be baited aside with raw magic."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:14 am

"Children...she have children who are spirits?"
The guard asked nervously.
"Ah...no...that do not sound like something I would want to tangle with no...but how can something like that possibly be her children...that is just what she calls them right?"
Patricia muttered and looked at you and raised an eyebrow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:34 pm

(OOC: Tane wrote but forgot to post to the IC thread:)

Then i should look into it further. Is there something el se you can or wish to tellme?

George shook his head.
"No there is nothing further...I am afraid I do not have that much to add in this case your options are limited young man, however I can give you the number to one of my students, he is a good advocate and might be able to advice you further."
The old mage said and reached out of a pad of paper and scribbled down a phone number that he handed to you.
"There is little else I can do for you than this, though I do wish you good luck with it, though I do not think you are likely to be able to save any Nephandus we have in captivity at the moment..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Once he hung up with Tyler, he extinguished the candle and then went through the rote again, this time for Joakim Reshal, the Chief of Morningstar and then rang him up with his queries.

// the Recycled Soldier, that's a good one!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:37 pm

You get the Chief on the phone rather quickly.
"Yeah it is I..."
He said. The candle did not move any more than a candle should so it did not indicate that anyone was listening in.
"What can I do for you Mr Roth Hicks..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:49 pm

"If you check the time you can guess the troubles we've got working out what you asked me to acquire. It might be possible if we move quickly but we need to set up something so that it can be exchanged and everyone back safely before it gets too late," he explained.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:58 pm

"Ah yes I see...I can send someone out pretty quickly so that is not a problem getting everyone back safety though if you are thinking about those like your contact that might be an issue, but if they can handle themselves I can send someone out to meet them."
The hedge wizard said.
"I could also possibly ask Mr Willis or help, he should be able to get everyone where they need to go quickly, so that is an option, give me a place to meet and I will ask Mr Willis and then find someone to send, he should probably also be able to get the Massassa to safety as well if he or she is willing to let the young Adept know where whatever they plan to hide for the day is."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:09 pm

"Children...she have children who are spirits?"
The guard asked nervously.
"Ah...no...that do not sound like something I would want to tangle with no...but how can something like that possibly be her children...that is just what she calls them right?"
Patricia muttered and looked at you and raised an eyebrow.
Colin gave Patricia an even look, "No, no hyperbole or metaphor, her life has been... unkind to her. If you were desperately trying to have children, and found out you'd been rendered sterile some time in the past, and some...thing offered you a means to have children, it would be so easy to agree, don't you think? Her dark patron got a better deal than she did that day... but then, it seems that's always the case..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:13 pm

"So those things you describe Sir are actually her...children...damn..."
Patricia muttered.
"Yes I guess that if I where desperately trying to have kids but was unable to but then someone offered me a mans to do so it would be tempting but...monsters like that...but yes it would be easy to agree if someone offers you what you want most in the world but you can not have...and Faustian deals always turn sour do they not...at least that is what I am told."
The hedge wizard muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:28 pm

"Yes I guess that if I where desperately trying to have kids but was unable to but then someone offered me a mans to do so it would be tempting but...monsters like that...but yes it would be easy to agree if someone offers you what you want most in the world but you can not have...and Faustian deals always turn sour do they not...at least that is what I am told."
Colin smiled sadly, "Yes... I don't think I've heard of a single tale that ended well... Even ones where the deal was undone ended... unpleasantly."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:45 am

"One more reason to stay away from the Nephandi eh, even if they promise you the world, it will all turn tp shit, i you excuse the language Sir, in the end."
Patricia said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:58 pm

"One more reason to stay away from the Nephandi eh, even if they promise you the world, it will all turn tp shit, i you excuse the language Sir, in the end."
Colin smiled thinly, "Quite alright. If you will excuse me, though, I shouldn't stand around and chat freely while there's work to be done. May the rest of your watch be uneventful."
He gave Patricia a small bow, and walked back up the stairs, contemplating...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:07 pm

"Off course Mr Wainwright and I am sorry for keeping you."
Patricia said apologetically, she returned your bow with one of her own as you left to head up the stairs. On the way you see Miss Jarden, she was heading down the stairs to the basement, a small basket with soap, a toothbrush and and other toiletries in one hand and two books tucked under the other. It would stand to reason her room would be in the basement and since it was probably not originally intended as living quarters she probably had to use one the upstairs bathrooms as she got ready for the day, her hair was wet and hung loose around her shoulders.
"Good morning Mr Wainwright."
The outcast vampire said softly as she stepped to the side so you could pass her in the staircase.
"If you are going up I warn you that there is a bit of a chaos in the cafeteria right now if you are headed that direction Sir."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:15 pm

"Good morning Mr Wainwright."
Colin bowed slightly and frowned, "It's morning already... feels like the evening... But yes, good morning, and sleep well."

"If you are going up I warn you that there is a bit of a chaos in the cafeteria right now if you are headed that direction Sir."
He smiled, "Not to worry, the hubbub died down when everyone went to... wait, are they back already?"
He frowned, "Thank you for the warning, I need to know how things went..."
He gave the vampire a swift nod and started rushing upstairs and stalking briskly toward the cafeteria.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Colin bowed slightly and frowned, "It's morning already... feels like the evening... But yes, good morning, and sleep well."

"Thank you Sir, yes the sun will be up in about forty five minutes so it is time for me to retire, but yes it have been a long night and time feel like it have gone to quickly."
The vampiress agreed.

He smiled, "Not to worry, the hubbub died down when everyone went to... wait, are they back already?"
He frowned, "Thank you for the warning, I need to know how things went..."

"It would seam so Mr Wainwright, there are some commotion in the cafeteria at least."
Isabella said and nodded.
"Off course please do not let me keep you."

He gave the vampire a swift nod and started rushing upstairs and stalking briskly toward the cafeteria.

Isabella returned you nod before you headed to the cafeteria there you saw the strike team, some where bloody and some dirty. You see Min leaning heavily on a chair. Adjan was examining Francesca who seamed to have wounded her shoulder. There was quite a bit of noise and chaos in the large room, and Crexia was trying to get everyone to settle down.
"Quiet...please...quiet!"
She declared and the gathered mages eventually fell silent and looked at the tiny woman, no one seamed to have noticed you yet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Isabella returned you nod before you headed to the cafeteria there you saw the strike team, some where bloody and some dirty. You see Min leaning heavily on a chair. Adjan was examining Francesca who seamed to have wounded her shoulder. There was quite a bit of noise and chaos in the large room, and Crexia was trying to get everyone to settle down.
"Quiet...please...quiet!"
She declared and the gathered mages eventually fell silent and looked at the tiny woman, no one seamed to have noticed you yet.
Colin paused quietly at the door, not wanting to disturb the debriefing. He looked worried at Min and Francesca, and quickly tried to assess how bad the casualties were, and if everyone had made it back...

((OOC: Guessing a Perception+Medicine is the most appropriate roll for trying to gauge how badly the strike teams were pummeled from the doorway... 2,5,9 - how bad does it look?))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Everyone was there but most had at least minor injuries. Min was hard to say he seamed to be extremely fatigued, Vincent was sitting on a chair holding his head, Francesca seamed to have a dislocated shoulder. Hayden Fisher had a nasty gash in his arm, two men you did not know the name of was on the floor together with the rest of what had to be the group of Spirit Masters, they seamed to all be in fairly bad condition. It was hard to see how everyone was doing, but some of the Masters was laying very still. This did not look like a group returning triumphantly from a grim task.

You hear footsteps rushing towards you and see Kristina and Alex on their way into the cafeteria to tend to the wounded, some must have called them.
"What happened?"
Kristina asked you as she rushed over to Hayden to look at his arm.
"All we heard is that there was wounded that needed help."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:23 pm

You hear footsteps rushing towards you and see Kristina and Alex on their way into the cafeteria to tend to the wounded, some must have called them.
"What happened?"
Kristina asked you as she rushed over to Hayden to look at his arm.
"All we heard is that there was wounded that needed help."
Colin frowned and gestured for Kristina and Alex to move along, "I don't know, I just got here myself... See to the injured; it seems the Spirit Masters took the worst beating..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:27 pm

"Yes...it do not look like the mission went well."
Alex said and knelt beside one of the Spirit Masters, a slender woman with silver hair.
"Can you hear me Master Carsen?"
He asked but the old Hermetic did not move. Alex checked her pulse and then gently opened her eyes to shine a light into them and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top