Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:09 pm

"Ok, I do not mind you checking it out Mr Roth Hicks." Tyler said. "I do not think there should be any problems but please let me know if there are any."

"Will do."

"Very well, that works for me, try to call me several times if I should fall asleep."
The vampiress said. "In anyway the Tremere girl is on her way if I fall asleep and the meeting spot is changed then please call her and let her know, I am trusting you and your people with her life in this so do not let me down, I care deeply for my Anarchs."

"Perhaps it's best if I got it now then, just in case." He frowned a bit. He didn't want her to fall asleep and waste time calling her back a dozen times over.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:42 pm

"Will do."

"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
Tyler said in a heavy, sleepy voice, she sounded like you felt.

"Perhaps it's best if I got it now then, just in case." He frowned a bit. He didn't want her to fall asleep and waste time calling her back a dozen times over.

"Yes...perhaps so...ehm do you have something to write with and on?"
The vampriess asked before she gave you a phone number to the young Tremere she had sent to speak with Nicolai.
"Anything else you need before I make a few more calls and you make some arrangements and call me back?"
She asked.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:44 am

((OOC: Huh, thought I had posted... Ah, well...))

"That might be useful if we get the time for a long term solution then Mr Wainwright, for now I am more concerned about what we will do about Miss Carlyle and taking down Abigail's Labyrinth as the whole reason why we went after the girl now was to make sure she would not be an issue during the battle, so we need to deal with her withing a few hours at most, if at all possible. Off course if she do not show up during the battle we can make a long term plan to handle her, however for now the issue is that if Miss Carlyle and her mutated Avatar where to show up during the battle to take down the Labyrinth she will lessen our chances of victory considerably so I fear we do not have time to wait to come up with a plan."
Colin nodded darkly, "I fear our best bet, should she appear, would be killing her on sight... and that still risks an unleashed Avatar, not to mention the potential problems if the thing then reincarnates... Mr. Karyak would be useful if she were already under control, but he lacks the experience to aid in the capture..."

"I am concerned about our own men and women though. I have to head over there to see how everyone are doing, are they in the cafeteria still?"
The hedge wizard inquired.
"Hum...that do not sound good, let us hope most of them made it."
He nodded, "Lady Crexia is trying to get everyone sorted out - I believe most are going to recover, though not as quickly as we might otherwise have wished."

"That guilt...is healthy Mr Wainwright, keep it to feel that way makes you more human, to see people and not just faceless enemies. Tactically this was a good thing for us, a very good thing, but we should not forget that it also cost lives, real lives that while our enemies also had hopes and dreams and loved ones, even so, one dead Technocrat are one less who will be trying to kill and capture my loved ones so I can not help but also celebrate that, even if I feel for those agents as well."
He sighed, "I'll light a candle for their souls later... If nothing else, then to give them what nudge I can to move on, rather than to linger here."

"Hum...you may be right, we are going to have to examine the area once we are relatively sure the Technocracy are done with their examinations, it is not a priority before we assault the Labyrinth though."
"Am I wrong in suspecting that explosion would have reverberated through the local Umbra, even if there weren't an open portal on site?"

"I will see what can be done with this, if we can figure out where these magi are, if they are alive and if they are located where we think the Labyrinth are, if they are indeed far into the Umbra then we do not need bother with them for now, we can deal with them later, if they are at the Labyrinth though then at least we know they are weakened by Paradox."
He smiled wryly, "Well, Darim, Laiza and Alaric Kessinger are already quite thoroughly dead, so at least they aren't a concern as such... Unfortunately, Jool, Jani and Mel appear to be in the upper eschelon of the Labyrinth - not quite second-in-command, but close; Dain or Adain Jool is described as dependable, powerful and effective, August Jani is a competent tactician and, well, he's an aggressive Flambeau Barabbus; you know better than I do what that entails... Melane, though, might offer some possibilities; miss Jerkins expressed a fondness for the woman's religious dedication to their Dark Lords and her opinionated and outspoken nature, which does seem to clash with Abigail's decidedly more pragmatic outlook..."
He frowned, "That said, miss Jerkins is almost a little too calm - I would recommend dosing her with the suppressant and possibly a soporific before the prisoner transfer; she's bound to seize the first opportunity she sees to try to escape - and I'm not sure gagging her will be enough to prevent any verbal spell components. She has an extra mouth on the side of her neck; silent now, but that might change once she is out of the cell's restraining effect."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:57 am

Colin nodded darkly, "I fear our best bet, should she appear, would be killing her on sight... and that still risks an unleashed Avatar, not to mention the potential problems if the thing then reincarnates... Mr. Karyak would be useful if she were already under control, but he lacks the experience to aid in the capture..."

"Yes killing Miss Carlyle might be our only option, I fear that might enrage her Avatar though, and I do not know how to get her under control that is why we tried to...deal with her on the spot."
Crexia said and sigh.
"The only way your friend might be able to help is if he can calm that soul while we kill it's host and in some way manage to convince it to leave peacefully. I am not sure if it can reincarnate normally but if it do I pity the child that will be born with it."

He nodded, "Lady Crexia is trying to get everyone sorted out - I believe most are going to recover, though not as quickly as we might otherwise have wished."

"Hum...I hope are right Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said and narrowed his eyes.

He sighed, "I'll light a candle for their souls later... If nothing else, then to give them what nudge I can to move on, rather than to linger here."

"Yes hopefully they are moving on peacefully. The two agents and the other Technocrats died fighting for what they believe in, there are far worse ways to go. I see no reason their Avatars would not reincarnate peacefully and the rest of their souls go to whatever afterlife await them."
The hedge wizard said softly.

"Am I wrong in suspecting that explosion would have reverberated through the local Umbra, even if there weren't an open portal on site?"

"It depends on the type of explosion it was, on whatever it was just physical or if there was spiritual components, there will be...marks in the Umbra from such an event but it might not have been an explosion on other planes unless the blast itself was partial spiritual."

He smiled wryly, "Well, Darim, Laiza and Alaric Kessinger are already quite thoroughly dead, so at least they aren't a concern as such... Unfortunately, Jool, Jani and Mel appear to be in the upper eschelon of the Labyrinth - not quite second-in-command, but close; Dain or Adain Jool is described as dependable, powerful and effective, August Jani is a competent tactician and, well, he's an aggressive Flambeau Barabbus; you know better than I do what that entails...

Joakim frowned when you mentioned the Fallen member of his House.
"Jani...hum...well he will have to be killed or captured I will not allow him to continue to be a spot of shame for hour House and his Mentor, but yes he will be dangerous, this man Jool also might be someone to look out for, hopefully both are to sick from Paradox to be much harm to us...if luck is with us."

Melane, though, might offer some possibilities; miss Jerkins expressed a fondness for the woman's religious dedication to their Dark Lords and her opinionated and outspoken nature, which does seem to clash with Abigail's decidedly more pragmatic outlook..."

"Hum...a dedicated, religious Nephandus...how is this a possibility?Perhaps you can enlighten me as to how you think this woman might be useful to us even if she is at odds with her leader?"
Joakim asked and raised an eyebrow.

He frowned, "That said, miss Jerkins is almost a little too calm - I would recommend dosing her with the suppressant and possibly a soporific before the prisoner transfer; she's bound to seize the first opportunity she sees to try to escape - and I'm not sure gagging her will be enough to prevent any verbal spell components. She has an extra mouth on the side of her neck; silent now, but that might change once she is out of the cell's restraining effect."

"You may be right, and we know the woman is competent and she know she will risk anything to escape or at least to create enough trouble to force our hand in taking her life and let her Avatar escape, very well your advice is sound young man. I will ask Mr Horton to give her the injections once he is done with the wounded, which I assume he is busy with at the moment. Perhaps he can also have a look at the mouth on the side of her neck and see if it can be blocked in some way...damned Nephandi."
The old Hermetic muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:29 pm

"Yes killing Miss Carlyle might be our only option, I fear that might enrage her Avatar though, and I do not know how to get her under control that is why we tried to...deal with her on the spot."
Crexia said and sigh.
"The only way your friend might be able to help is if he can calm that soul while we kill it's host and in some way manage to convince it to leave peacefully. I am not sure if it can reincarnate normally but if it do I pity the child that will be born with it."
Colin nodded, "Quite so... I spooked her Avatar a bit when we met - but I don't think that's going to be sufficient should we meet again under such circumstances. Hum..."
He frowned, "There's... one thing I can think of, but it's incredibly unethical, dangerous and objectionable just to contemplate... Vampire blood should probably be as toxic to miss Carlyle's Avatar as to anyone else's... It's a ghoulish idea, in oh so many ways, but it just might work."

"Hum...I hope are right Mr Wainwright."
"Indeed... Not everyone will recover, I fear, but it seems the large majority were either superficially injured or merely thrown to the ground. The few who were more seriously injured, though, seem to mostly be the Masters of Spirit..."

"It depends on the type of explosion it was, on whatever it was just physical or if there was spiritual components, there will be...marks in the Umbra from such an event but it might not have been an explosion on other planes unless the blast itself was partial spiritual."
He nodded, "Either way, best stay clear of Gary for a while..."

"Jani...hum...well he will have to be killed or captured I will not allow him to continue to be a spot of shame for hour House and his Mentor, but yes he will be dangerous, this man Jool also might be someone to look out for, hopefully both are to sick from Paradox to be much harm to us...if luck is with us."
Colin smiled thinly, "Lady Crexia's scrying let me hear the conversation at the battlefield. They were complaining that they were very much topped up on Paradox before they tried to flee... Most likely, they are either dreadfully sick from Paradox, or too terrified of the imminent backlash to do much. The battle was... very, very blatantly magical. Granted, if they are not disabled from Paradox, they're potentially able to use mundane defenses with some efficiency yet..."

"Hum...a dedicated, religious Nephandus...how is this a possibility?Perhaps you can enlighten me as to how you think this woman might be useful to us even if she is at odds with her leader?"
Colin grinned, "She might have kept a diary or journal. As miss Jerkins kept research journals, Melane might have kept a book, or more likely several, outlining her points of dispute with Abigail. It could well be a treasure trove of political information about the Fallen; more so than one might find in the room of someone more... sycophantic. It won't help with the assault, but it could very well give us an edge for the war."

"You may be right, and we know the woman is competent and she know she will risk anything to escape or at least to create enough trouble to force our hand in taking her life and let her Avatar escape, very well your advice is sound young man. I will ask Mr Horton to give her the injections once he is done with the wounded, which I assume he is busy with at the moment. Perhaps he can also have a look at the mouth on the side of her neck and see if it can be blocked in some way...damned Nephandi."
He nodded, "I would suggest delaying until it's nearly time for the prisoner transfer - catch her a bit unprepared, and get the most out of the first dose."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite so... I spooked her Avatar a bit when we met - but I don't think that's going to be sufficient should we meet again under such circumstances. Hum..."

"No that is doubtful Mr Wainwright, one thing is scaring the foul being to retreat in a dangerous or at least to it's mind dangerous situation, it is something all together different to have it stand still while we harm it and it's host. To put it like that if I where to whip out a fireball and tell you to run or I would burn you alive, chances where you would retreat. If I told you to stand still so I could murder you and the person you are closest to in the world, chances are you do your best to at least go down fighting eh?"
The archmaga said and sigh.

He frowned, "There's... one thing I can think of, but it's incredibly unethical, dangerous and objectionable just to contemplate... Vampire blood should probably be as toxic to miss Carlyle's Avatar as to anyone else's... It's a ghoulish idea, in oh so many ways, but it just might work."

Crexia looked away for a moment as if she did not really want to even talk about that option.
"It is likely it would work, and in many ways...it is quicker than what we can do, we only need to give a vampire a minute or two...or if we are willing to accept the risk that soul will get away, simply shooting Miss Carlyle and then adding some drops of vampire blood to her lips have around a fifty percent chance of doing the trick. That is one of the reasons why vampires are so dangerous, if you sit in a car with one and crash...well...it could end badly, luckily they do not bleed much from injuries."
She said then she shook her head.
"But to even take such an idea to the Chief...I can not imagine how much it...well never mind...it is an option at least."
Crexia said, not knowing that you where aware of Joakim's secret.

"Indeed... Not everyone will recover, I fear, but it seems the large majority were either superficially injured or merely thrown to the ground. The few who were more seriously injured, though, seem to mostly be the Masters of Spirit..."

"Is Master Min well?"
Joakim asked then he sigh.
"And Lady Crexia, I know it makes me a selfish person to care about those from Morningstar first, I would hate to loose any of the others as well, they are good people, and some of them have young students to care for, but Master Min and Lady Crexia are friends."
"Also where the Masters injured physically or...worse..."

He nodded, "Either way, best stay clear of Gary for a while..."

"That might be wise, those who live in Chantries at Gary might not have much choice but to be around the city though, staying away from the airport district though, that is a good idea."

Colin smiled thinly, "Lady Crexia's scrying let me hear the conversation at the battlefield. They were complaining that they were very much topped up on Paradox before they tried to flee... Most likely, they are either dreadfully sick from Paradox, or too terrified of the imminent backlash to do much. The battle was... very, very blatantly magical. Granted, if they are not disabled from Paradox, they're potentially able to use mundane defenses with some efficiency yet..."

"Ah paradox sick Nephandi, the best kind of Nephandi...well no dead Nephandi are better but I will take Paradox sick, let us hope the little bastards are bound to their beds though we do not dare ignore the possibility they might get into the fray."
Joakim said and nodded.

Colin grinned, "She might have kept a diary or journal. As miss Jerkins kept research journals, Melane might have kept a book, or more likely several, outlining her points of dispute with Abigail. It could well be a treasure trove of political information about the Fallen; more so than one might find in the room of someone more... sycophantic. It won't help with the assault, but it could very well give us an edge for the war."

"Ah...you do have a point there Mr Wainwright having a look in the woman's room once we have the Labyrinth under control might be worth it and this Mel might be someone we would want to capture alive to talk with and see what she knows. For the most part though I will give the order to kill the Fallen encountered, other than Abigail herself we do not have the luxury to spend resources on prisoners in the middle of the fight, but we might make an exception if we can for this girl."

He nodded, "I would suggest delaying until it's nearly time for the prisoner transfer - catch her a bit unprepared, and get the most out of the first dose."

"Very well, you know Miss Jerkins best so I will follow your advice young man about how best to transport the woman and I will let Mr Horton know what is required of him."
Joakim agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:10 pm

"No that is doubtful Mr Wainwright, one thing is scaring the foul being to retreat in a dangerous or at least to it's mind dangerous situation, it is something all together different to have it stand still while we harm it and it's host. To put it like that if I where to whip out a fireball and tell you to run or I would burn you alive, chances where you would retreat. If I told you to stand still so I could murder you and the person you are closest to in the world, chances are you do your best to at least go down fighting eh?"
Colin nodded, "Very much so..."

Crexia looked away for a moment as if she did not really want to even talk about that option.
"It is likely it would work, and in many ways...it is quicker than what we can do, we only need to give a vampire a minute or two...or if we are willing to accept the risk that soul will get away, simply shooting Miss Carlyle and then adding some drops of vampire blood to her lips have around a fifty percent chance of doing the trick. That is one of the reasons why vampires are so dangerous, if you sit in a car with one and crash...well...it could end badly, luckily they do not bleed much from injuries."
She said then she shook her head.
"But to even take such an idea to the Chief...I can not imagine how much it...well never mind...it is an option at least."
Crexia said, not knowing that you where aware of Joakim's secret.
He lightly scratched the side of his nose, "I know exactly how difficult it would be to even suggest it to the Chief, yes... As I said, it's unethical, dangerous and objectionable just to contemplate... but under such circumstances, we need to keep even the worst of options on the list as a last resort, and hope to whatever higher powers we might believe in that we can come up with something better..."

"Is Master Min well?"
He scratched the back of his neck, "I'm not sure. He looked exhausted more than anything - but I didn't examine anyone closely; I left that to those with actual medical skills."

"And Lady Crexia, I know it makes me a selfish person to care about those from Morningstar first, I would hate to loose any of the others as well, they are good people, and some of them have young students to care for, but Master Min and Lady Crexia are friends."
"Also where the Masters injured physically or...worse..."
He frowned, "Lady Crexia seems to have been the one who fared best out of them all, and she's essentially trying to sort the aftermath in the cafeteria - her... durable nature seems to suggest most of the damage was been quite corporeal in nature; even if miss Carlyle summoned spirits, I would suspect they were of the more physically oriented kind, similar to the Brothers Knights, rather than the mental or spiritual variety. Physical damage, though, still can leave lasting marks on the mind..."

"Ah paradox sick Nephandi, the best kind of Nephandi...well no dead Nephandi are better but I will take Paradox sick, let us hope the little bastards are bound to their beds though we do not dare ignore the possibility they might get into the fray."
Colin nodded, "Admiral Nelson had lost an arm and an eye, and suffered from chronic seasickness - let's not assume a crippled Nephandus is any less dangerous, even if temporarily limited in their available means..."

"Ah...you do have a point there Mr Wainwright having a look in the woman's room once we have the Labyrinth under control might be worth it and this Mel might be someone we would want to capture alive to talk with and see what she knows. For the most part though I will give the order to kill the Fallen encountered, other than Abigail herself we do not have the luxury to spend resources on prisoners in the middle of the fight, but we might make an exception if we can for this girl."
He sighed, "I'll try to take people alive if it's practical to do so - a single stray can be disabled for a time - but I don't expect that will be likely. They're so few now - they'll not be using the core group of Nephandi as guards; they'll likely leave that to spirits and linear Magi..."

"Very well, you know Miss Jerkins best so I will follow your advice young man about how best to transport the woman and I will let Mr Horton know what is required of him."
He nodded, "I see a dark reflection in her, of sorts - she's experienced in combat, and has a certain daredevilish streak, it seems, when it comes to betting on certain doom versus a slim chance at escape, whether through an early death in battle or a clean getaway."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Colin nodded, "Very much so..."

Crexia nodded.
"And we can not expect Miss Carlyle's soul to do any less now can we."

He lightly scratched the side of his nose, "I know exactly how difficult it would be to even suggest it to the Chief, yes... As I said, it's unethical, dangerous and objectionable just to contemplate... but under such circumstances, we need to keep even the worst of options on the list as a last resort, and hope to whatever higher powers we might believe in that we can come up with something better..."

"It...will not be an easy thing to discuss with Joakim."
The old archmage muttered softly.
"And I hope we will not have to consider such an option, but as it stands we can not risk being attacked by Miss Carlyle and that soul of hers while we try to take down Abigail's Labyrinth, we might have to take drastic measures if we can get our hands on her again."

He scratched the back of his neck, "I'm not sure. He looked exhausted more than anything - but I didn't examine anyone closely; I left that to those with actual medical skills."

"Good to hear he is on his feet. I guess that is all we can do now, leave it in the hands of those who have medical skills and hope for the best, even so, I have to admit that I am worried."
The hedge wizard muttered and frowned again.

He frowned, "Lady Crexia seems to have been the one who fared best out of them all, and she's essentially trying to sort the aftermath in the cafeteria - her... durable nature seems to suggest most of the damage was been quite corporeal in nature; even if miss Carlyle summoned spirits, I would suspect they were of the more physically oriented kind, similar to the Brothers Knights, rather than the mental or spiritual variety. Physical damage, though, still can leave lasting marks on the mind..."

"Well while it might be better than the worst case scenario I would not like to see anyone dead or seriously injured either, but yes it may be you are right Mr Wainwright and the spirits Miss Carlyle summoned manifested and attacked physically."
The old Hermetic agreed.
"I guess we are just going to have to hear what our healers have to say. And yes physical wounds can be bad enough..."

Colin nodded, "Admiral Nelson had lost an arm and an eye, and suffered from chronic seasickness - let's not assume a crippled Nephandus is any less dangerous, even if temporarily limited in their available means..."

"Agreed never underestimate an enemy."
Was all Joakim had to say to that.

He sighed, "I'll try to take people alive if it's practical to do so - a single stray can be disabled for a time - but I don't expect that will be likely. They're so few now - they'll not be using the core group of Nephandi as guards; they'll likely leave that to spirits and linear Magi..."

"Yes and their other servants like those werebears...I spoke with Miss Knox she said that as far as she knows silver should work on them but that they are not beings you want to get into a fight with, and I tend to believe her...but yes we take prisoners if we can, but the pain priority is to take that damned Labyrinth down for good."
Joakim muttered and his eyes darkened a bit.

He nodded, "I see a dark reflection in her, of sorts - she's experienced in combat, and has a certain daredevilish streak, it seems, when it comes to betting on certain doom versus a slim chance at escape, whether through an early death in battle or a clean getaway."

"I could almost admire the woman if she was not a Nephandus. Those qualities you describe though Mr Wainwright those just make her even more dangerous, it is fortunate that we captured her but part of me is saddened that such a woman as her will be so utterly destroyed."
Joakim said softly.
"If only she had not sold herself to the Nephandi."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:57 pm

"Yes...perhaps so...ehm do you have something to write with and on?" The vampriess asked before she gave you a phone number to the young Tremere she had sent to speak with Nicolai. "Anything else you need before I make a few more calls and you make some arrangements and call me back?" She asked.

Adley frowned a little himself and then found a scrap of paper and pen, adding in a transposition for the numbers that he could easily remember. "Go ahead," he said, then asked her to repeat it once so he was sure he got it and put it away carefully. "That's it," he said before he hung up. The vampire sounded half asleep or drugged. This was cutting it close. He sighed then picked the candle up and began to set it up for his pater to call him next.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Tyler repeated the number as you requested.

You call up your Mentor and the old Flambeau soon pick up. You hear him giving directions to someone over the line.
"Yes...reinforce every ward...all of in and check it afterwards....good...ah excuse me."
He said and the candle flame danced.
"Ah mea filius one moment and I will get to my office."
Your Mentor instructed and you hear him walk and then close a door and the candle went still.
"There, we can talk now...what can I do for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:20 pm

He waited patiently as he was asked and then checked the flame until it was quiet. But he was still cautious, given his own nature. "There is a delicate matter I was asked to inquire about. I did not realise we'd acquired...access to one until the recent events just before I left," he said. "Have you had a chance to get anything out of them or is the condition too poor?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:31 pm

"We should be fairly private in my office mea filius off course a phone call is a phone call and the bloody union made the foul things."
Jeffry spat, he was not the first to trust in any electronics and especially not phones then he listened to your question and sigh.
"Ah her...not much I am afraid...she do not speak much and what she do say is nonsense. I have put one of the young magi that found her that she seam to feel more comfortable around to care for her but she have not yet said anything of use she is to...damaged...Master Telar have conformed her condition to be what...was expected so it is not likely she will recover much either."
He said and you could hear the topic made him a little uneasy, it probably would all magi.
"I have considered asking Miss Tarmen's aid some from her House might have better luck with the woman but really she is dead inside...there is little that can be done which is a shame for she probably are sitting on a allot of information we could use. The question though is how long it is humane to keep her alive."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:03 pm

"It...will not be an easy thing to discuss with Joakim."
The old archmage muttered softly.
"And I hope we will not have to consider such an option, but as it stands we can not risk being attacked by Miss Carlyle and that soul of hers while we try to take down Abigail's Labyrinth, we might have to take drastic measures if we can get our hands on her again."
Colin shook his head, "No, this is one of those Unthinkable options... but I see it a lot like the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki - as horrible as they were, not doing so would have caused more death and suffering. But if we find an option before it gets to that... then that'd be better by far. I'll... air that horrible solution with Chief Joakim, so you won't have to. Better that he knows it came from me, than think it came from you..."

"Good to hear he is on his feet. I guess that is all we can do now, leave it in the hands of those who have medical skills and hope for the best, even so, I have to admit that I am worried."
He just nodded.

"Well while it might be better than the worst case scenario I would not like to see anyone dead or seriously injured either, but yes it may be you are right Mr Wainwright and the spirits Miss Carlyle summoned manifested and attacked physically."
He frowned, "I... did think of a means to deal with miss Carlyle; a horrible, unethical thing that while pragmatic is too awful to want to do... If Spirit Masters can't get to her Avatar, and killing miss Carlyle is too risky, there's... one final solution - and I chose that phrase quite deliberately as a reflection of the morality and ethics of the notion - for destroying her Avatar that we might be able to employ... Vampire blood should act as a potent enough poison. It's... not something I would want the Traditions to do, ever, but... in such an extreme case, it might prove necessary."

"Yes and their other servants like those werebears...I spoke with Miss Knox she said that as far as she knows silver should work on them but that they are not beings you want to get into a fight with, and I tend to believe her...but yes we take prisoners if we can, but the pain priority is to take that damned Labyrinth down for good."
He sighed, "Would that I had a couple of days to work - I could have stockpiled ammunition in my workshop, at least... I don't particularly relish the notion of resorting to punching a werebear with my signet ring..."

"I could almost admire the woman if she was not a Nephandus. Those qualities you describe though Mr Wainwright those just make her even more dangerous, it is fortunate that we captured her but part of me is saddened that such a woman as her will be so utterly destroyed."
Joakim said softly.
"If only she had not sold herself to the Nephandi."
He nodded, "The thing is, she's a widderslainte. She was ill kept by a Tytalus exploiting her under the threat of giving her up to the Traditions; I'm not saying she was going to turn bad in any case - I'm saying she was driven there by one of our own. Unfortunately, she won't give a name. And for that matter, she can't make herself give us a means to even banish her children from the Labyrinth; not even to save them from whatever we might manage to throw at them. Nor, obviously, will she give us the means to kill them. She is torn between her political and maternal loyalties, but pushing her to the breaking point, I think, will do us no good..."
He frowned, "She does possess all the qualities of a great warrior. Unfortunately, as it has always been, every faction has its distribution of skilled and incompetent people, honourable and dishonourable people, loyal and treacherous people, and so on. She... is an excellent example of a skilled, honourable and loyal individual who fights for the wrong side..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:38 am

Colin shook his head, "No, this is one of those Unthinkable options... but I see it a lot like the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki - as horrible as they were, not doing so would have caused more death and suffering. But if we find an option before it gets to that... then that'd be better by far.

"Yes we might end up having no choice but to consider it even so this will not be easy on Joakim and it is one of those things where you can never was the stain out of your soul afterwards."
Crexia muttered darkly.
"Let us hope we find another option in the short time we have available."

I'll... air that horrible solution with Chief Joakim, so you won't have to. Better that he knows it came from me, than think it came from you..."

"I..."
Crexia begun then she sigh.
"Very well, thank you but...I really do not know how the Chief will react, I really do not so you have to be prepared...please be careful when airing this with him, he is old and powerful but a part of him is also very vulnerable."

He frowned, "I... did think of a means to deal with miss Carlyle; a horrible, unethical thing that while pragmatic is too awful to want to do... If Spirit Masters can't get to her Avatar, and killing miss Carlyle is too risky, there's... one final solution - and I chose that phrase quite deliberately as a reflection of the morality and ethics of the notion - for destroying her Avatar that we might be able to employ... Vampire blood should act as a potent enough poison. It's... not something I would want the Traditions to do, ever, but... in such an extreme case, it might prove necessary."

Joakim just looked at you for a moment as if he did not understand what you where saying, then all color drained from his face and he shook his head.
"No...we can't..."
He muttered and you saw despair in his dark eyes his hands shook so he had to clasp them in his lap and it took all he got to keep control of himself.
"I..."
He begun not able to continue and he shivered slightly as if cold not saying anything...

He sighed, "Would that I had a couple of days to work - I could have stockpiled ammunition in my workshop, at least... I don't particularly relish the notion of resorting to punching a werebear with my signet ring..."

"We...can have that take care of...there are several who can...transmute metal."
The hedge wizard muttered to shook up from what you had said earlier to elaborate much he trembling and fighting to remain in control of himself.

He nodded, "The thing is, she's a widderslainte. She was ill kept by a Tytalus exploiting her under the threat of giving her up to the Traditions; I'm not saying she was going to turn bad in any case - I'm saying she was driven there by one of our own. Unfortunately, she won't give a name.

"I see, there are some caring there then since she will not give us that name, even if he abused her..."
The old Hermetic muttered, he managed to speak but just barely and he was clearly quite upset.
"What happened to Miss Jerkins then was a tragedy and I wish the person that exploited her could be put to justice, but that is hard to do if she will not cooperate."

And for that matter, she can't make herself give us a means to even banish her children from the Labyrinth; not even to save them from whatever we might manage to throw at them. Nor, obviously, will she give us the means to kill them. She is torn between her political and maternal loyalties, but pushing her to the breaking point, I think, will do us no good..."

"I see, in a way it is admirable she will not just fold and give up her Labyrinth on the other hand it do provide a challenge to us and things would have been easier with her ehm...children out of the way. But yes we likely have no time to try to force anything out of the woman."
Joakim muttered, his eyes going more and more dark.

He frowned, "She does possess all the qualities of a great warrior. Unfortunately, as it has always been, every faction has its distribution of skilled and incompetent people, honourable and dishonourable people, loyal and treacherous people, and so on. She... is an excellent example of a skilled, honourable and loyal individual who fights for the wrong side..."

"Yes...we can honor her for what she is while at the same time destroy her for having chosen the wrong side, but I have to admit this is an easier task to do with the Fallen who are complete assholes, than those that deserve a grudging respect."
The hedge wizard muttered softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:07 am

"Yes we might end up having no choice but to consider it even so this will not be easy on Joakim and it is one of those things where you can never was the stain out of your soul afterwards."
Crexia muttered darkly.
"Let us hope we find another option in the short time we have available."
Colin nodded, "Very much so... It would be the absolutely last resort..."

"Very well, thank you but...I really do not know how the Chief will react, I really do not so you have to be prepared...please be careful when airing this with him, he is old and powerful but a part of him is also very vulnerable."
He sighed, "I know... He's a good man, and I wouldn't want to burden him with the option if I saw a better alternative..."

Joakim just looked at you for a moment as if he did not understand what you where saying, then all color drained from his face and he shook his head.
"No...we can't..."
He muttered and you saw despair in his dark eyes his hands shook so he had to clasp them in his lap and it took all he got to keep control of himself.
"I..."
He begun not able to continue and he shivered slightly as if cold not saying anything...
Colin laid a warm hand on Joakim's shoulder, "I'm not saying we should do it, I'm saying that's our last option if we can't find any other means... I've seen... some of what vampire blood does to a still-living Mage, and it's rather gruesome... and I'm so, so sorry for suggesting the idea in the first place."

"We...can have that take care of...there are several who can...transmute metal."
He nodded quietly.

"I see, there are some caring there then since she will not give us that name, even if he abused her..."
The old Hermetic muttered, he managed to speak but just barely and he was clearly quite upset.
"What happened to Miss Jerkins then was a tragedy and I wish the person that exploited her could be put to justice, but that is hard to do if she will not cooperate."
He sighed, "According to her, this was some time ago, the Tytalus likely didn't give her his real name, and may be dead by now in any case..."

"I see, in a way it is admirable she will not just fold and give up her Labyrinth on the other hand it do provide a challenge to us and things would have been easier with her ehm...children out of the way. But yes we likely have no time to try to force anything out of the woman."
"Indeed... did you get to ask Master Ir about his insights on the things?"

"Yes...we can honor her for what she is while at the same time destroy her for having chosen the wrong side, but I have to admit this is an easier task to do with the Fallen who are complete assholes, than those that deserve a grudging respect."
He nodded, "On the other hand, it helps us show that this is indeed a war with a dangerous foe that can be understood on a human level, rather than some malicious alien entity with no capacity for human emotion... That makes it a war we can fight, rather than a senseless struggle against the inevitable."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:02 am

Colin nodded, "Very much so... It would be the absolutely last resort..."

"I agree, it is our last resort and if we can think of any other solution then we will not have to use it."
The archmage said solemnly.

He sighed, "I know... He's a good man, and I wouldn't want to burden him with the option if I saw a better alternative..."

"Let us just hope he takes it relatively well..."
Crexia said but she did sound concerned.
"And yes Joakim is a good man."

Colin laid a warm hand on Joakim's shoulder, "I'm not saying we should do it, I'm saying that's our last option if we can't find any other means... I've seen... some of what vampire blood does to a still-living Mage, and it's rather gruesome... and I'm so, so sorry for suggesting the idea in the first place."

The old hedge wizard sigh and looked down for a moment.
"I...should not react this badly...in an of itself being turned into a vampire is not much worse than a regular Gilgul, or if it is then at those degrees of pain...some more or less really do not matter..."
He said with a quiet, flat voice as he stared down into his desk.
"The one thing that makes it worse is that a vampire's inner demon will try to keep it alive, so you are left wanting nothing but to die...but unable to kill yourself, potentially forever..."
He whispered.
"I...know we have to do something to deal with Miss Carlyle but this...I do not blame you Mr Wainwright ...if the girl attacks when we try to take out the Labyrinth...we have to do something...but...I..."
He said his eyes dark with a dull far away look.

He sighed, "According to her, this was some time ago, the Tytalus likely didn't give her his real name, and may be dead by now in any case..."

"Hum...you may be right...but if he is alive he should answer for his crimes...but I guess that is a problem for another day."
Joakim said and sigh, his voice was low and he seamed so very tired.

"Indeed... did you get to ask Master Ir about his insights on the things?"

"Yes...I spoke with him, he says he remembers Miss Jerkins' children, he said attacking them spiritually will work but he will see if he can create something on the fly to give some protection from them, I will get back to him in a few minutes."

He nodded, "On the other hand, it helps us show that this is indeed a war with a dangerous foe that can be understood on a human level, rather than some malicious alien entity with no capacity for human emotion... That makes it a war we can fight, rather than a senseless struggle against the inevitable."

"Yes she certainly do that, and we are going to win, we have to."
Joakim muttered softly.
"But yes the Nephandi are as human as us even if their ideals are horrific, and perhaps we need a reminder of that at times."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:39 am

The old hedge wizard sigh and looked down for a moment.
"I...should not react this badly...in an of itself being turned into a vampire is not much worse than a regular Gilgul, or if it is then at those degrees of pain...some more or less really do not matter..."
He said with a quiet, flat voice as he stared down into his desk.
"The one thing that makes it worse is that a vampire's inner demon will try to keep it alive, so you are left wanting nothing but to die...but unable to kill yourself, potentially forever..."
He whispered.
"I...know we have to do something to deal with Miss Carlyle but this...I do not blame you Mr Wainwright ...if the girl attacks when we try to take out the Labyrinth...we have to do something...but...I..."
He said his eyes dark with a dull far away look.
Colin shook his head, "No, you are quite right to react so strongly. The notion is akin to asking a Holocaust survivor to help set up internment camps... such a thing has no moral or ethical upside. There... is a softer possibility, perhaps - we have a patient at Steelhaven Hall; an Orphan who has been ingesting vampire blood. He's still alive, but his Avatar is badly poisoned... it might not make it. It would mean forcing great quantities of vampiric blood into the girl without killing her, but that's... really just a wasel words, I suppose; she can't be allowed to live afterwards, and ghouls are stronger and more durable than normal humans..."

"Hum...you may be right...but if he is alive he should answer for his crimes...but I guess that is a problem for another day."
He nodded, "Miss Jerkins might cry out if she recognizes the fellow in the Sentencing Hall... but it's a long shot. But there's the thing - the apparent smoothness with which this Tytalus acted suggests something akin to muscle memory - he would likely have done the same before and after miss Jerkins, and that... might be something that can be discovered."

"Yes...I spoke with him, he says he remembers Miss Jerkins' children, he said attacking them spiritually will work but he will see if he can create something on the fly to give some protection from them, I will get back to him in a few minutes."
"Good... Adley and I got some bottled mental defense back home, courtesy of our Master Alchemist, but spiritual defense will be good as well."

"But yes the Nephandi are as human as us even if their ideals are horrific, and perhaps we need a reminder of that at times."
He smiled wryly, "Well, when has ever painted an enemy as inhuman and incomprehensible turned sour in the history of warfare? Public opinion is a concern, even for us, and if people are indoctrinated to think of the Fallen as just monsters, that's going to prove a rude awakening for those who suddenly discover little pieces of humanity in them - a photo in the wallet, a diary, posters on the bedroom wall, that sort of thing..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Colin shook his head, "No, you are quite right to react so strongly. The notion is akin to asking a Holocaust survivor to help set up internment camps... such a thing has no moral or ethical upside.

"You are right there are no moral upside to such a foul deed."
Joaim muttered he looked down at his desk with the safe stiff stare, his hands where fists in his lap and they where held so tight the knuckles had turned white.

There... is a softer possibility, perhaps - we have a patient at Steelhaven Hall; an Orphan who has been ingesting vampire blood. He's still alive, but his Avatar is badly poisoned... it might not make it. It would mean forcing great quantities of vampiric blood into the girl without killing her, but that's... really just a wasel words, I suppose; she can't be allowed to live afterwards, and ghouls are stronger and more durable than normal humans..."

"No...that would not work, it would only temporarily strengthen Miss Carlyle. You can drink vampire blood once with little ill effect, you might become addicted but that is pretty much it. Damage to the Avatar happens when you consume the foul shit regularly over years."
Joakim whispered he looked like he might be sick at any moment.
"The whole point to suggjest such a horrid thing would be speed. A Gilgul takes time, it is a complicated ritual and it takes time to break down the Avatar in question's defenses and build up enough power to destroy it, but shooting Miss Carlyle in the head and then feeding her vampire blood is considerably quicker, perhaps to quick for her damned soul to react...trying to over feed her on vampire blood would be just as slow if not slower than just doing the ritual, and like I said it will not harm anything but a weakened Avatar."

He nodded, "Miss Jerkins might cry out if she recognizes the fellow in the Sentencing Hall... but it's a long shot. But there's the thing - the apparent smoothness with which this Tytalus acted suggests something akin to muscle memory - he would likely have done the same before and after miss Jerkins, and that... might be something that can be discovered."

"Hum...I am going to have to send someone to...observe her punishment then to see if she react to anyone."
Joakim muttered softly.
"Yes that is a disturbing thought, that this person might be doing to someone else what he did to our dear prisoner right at this moment...then again if discovered while he will be severely punished...if he holds a widderslainte against his or her will then that person to will have to face the Main Sentencing Hall."
He said and sigh.

"Good... Adley and I got some bottled mental defense back home, courtesy of our Master Alchemist, but spiritual defense will be good as well."

"Yes well Master Ir's idea of defense then to be rather aggressive."
Joakim muttered.

He smiled wryly, "Well, when has ever painted an enemy as inhuman and incomprehensible turned sour in the history of warfare? Public opinion is a concern, even for us, and if people are indoctrinated to think of the Fallen as just monsters, that's going to prove a rude awakening for those who suddenly discover little pieces of humanity in them - a photo in the wallet, a diary, posters on the bedroom wall, that sort of thing..."

"Yes that will be a rude awakening indeed, especially if any of the Fallen are taken alive. One thing is to send a monster to Gilgul...but another mage with hopes and dreams and even a sliver of humanity in them, that is far, far harder."
He muttered softly.
"Far harder indeed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:13 pm

"No...that would not work, it would only temporarily strengthen Miss Carlyle. You can drink vampire blood once with little ill effect, you might become addicted but that is pretty much it. Damage to the Avatar happens when you consume the foul shit regularly over years."
Joakim whispered he looked like he might be sick at any moment.
"The whole point to suggjest such a horrid thing would be speed. A Gilgul takes time, it is a complicated ritual and it takes time to break down the Avatar in question's defenses and build up enough power to destroy it, but shooting Miss Carlyle in the head and then feeding her vampire blood is considerably quicker, perhaps to quick for her damned soul to react...trying to over feed her on vampire blood would be just as slow if not slower than just doing the ritual, and like I said it will not harm anything but a weakened Avatar."
Colin nodded, "You... had best take a minute to breathe. I'm sorry I stirred the pot like this, but... for want of any alternatives at all, I felt it needed to be mentioned. And you are right, the urgency issue is the sole reason why it might be... well, the last resort. If we have time before we encounter her again, some sort of trap might be devised, but if not..."

"Hum...I am going to have to send someone to...observe her punishment then to see if she react to anyone."
Joakim muttered softly.
"Yes that is a disturbing thought, that this person might be doing to someone else what he did to our dear prisoner right at this moment...then again if discovered while he will be severely punished...if he holds a widderslainte against his or her will then that person to will have to face the Main Sentencing Hall."
He said and sigh.
He nodded, "I myself intend to go... Everyone should have at least one friendly face present at the end, if at all possible. I don't look forward to seeing that hall in this life, but I must go there all the same... If that can help spot the wretch who happily served miss Jerkins up to the Nephandi, all the better... Surely the fact that he essentially concealed a widderslainte and drove her to willingly join the Fallen and pact her soul to some demonic being would count against him in the courts?"

"Yes well Master Ir's idea of defense then to be rather aggressive."
"Well, it's a good approach to defense, I suppose - hiding behind a shield won't work forever, after all, and besieging a castle was generally a matter of outlasting the defenders rather than going through the walls by force and outright killing everyone inside. That doesn't make it pretty, of course..."

"Yes that will be a rude awakening indeed, especially if any of the Fallen are taken alive. One thing is to send a monster to Gilgul...but another mage with hopes and dreams and even a sliver of humanity in them, that is far, far harder."
He muttered softly.
"Far harder indeed."
He sighed, "That... might prove the saving grace for Anna, and for the young Technocrat barabbus we, er, rescued from the Fallen in Boston..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Colin nodded, "You... had best take a minute to breathe. I'm sorry I stirred the pot like this, but... for want of any alternatives at all, I felt it needed to be mentioned.

Joakim did not protest and for a moment he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
"There is little time for me to collect myself Mr Wainwright."
He muttered softly.
"But yes it needed to be mentioned, I just pray we find some other alternative for dealing with Miss Carlyle."

And you are right, the urgency issue is the sole reason why it might be... well, the last resort. If we have time before we encounter her again, some sort of trap might be devised, but if not..."

"If not we need to do what we have to in other to take her out so we can get that Labyrinth taken down."
Joakim muttered.
"I know...the thought of doing something like that...of being a part of doing something like that to someone though, even a Nephandus."
The old Hermetic still looked like he was fighting nausea and for a moment he just looked tired and worn.

He nodded, "I myself intend to go... Everyone should have at least one friendly face present at the end, if at all possible. I don't look forward to seeing that hall in this life, but I must go there all the same... If that can help spot the wretch who happily served miss Jerkins up to the Nephandi, all the better... Surely the fact that he essentially concealed a widderslainte and drove her to willingly join the Fallen and pact her soul to some demonic being would count against him in the courts?"

"It is kind of you to be there to be that friendly face for this woman, she will encounter few others that will see her as anything but a monster."
Joakim said softly.
"However to stand and watch something like that is not easy, it is a...horrible thing."
He added.
"Yes if her story is true and you can find that man, the Tribunal will not take lightly on his actions, at the very least he will be executed...but there is a good chance that if he have done this...there will soon be another name on that rather short list that started with Teomim."
Joakim added gravely.

"Well, it's a good approach to defense, I suppose - hiding behind a shield won't work forever, after all, and besieging a castle was generally a matter of outlasting the defenders rather than going through the walls by force and outright killing everyone inside. That doesn't make it pretty, of course..."

"Well that I can at least promise you, what Master Ir creates are seldom pretty."
The old Hermetic said and sigh.
"But yes some say attack is the best defense...and usually that is true."

He sighed, "That... might prove the saving grace for Anna, and for the young Technocrat barabbus we, er, rescued from the Fallen in Boston..."

"How will one more captured widderslainte be of any help to them?"
Joakim asked and raised an eyebrow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:17 pm

"There is little time for me to collect myself Mr Wainwright."
He muttered softly.
"But yes it needed to be mentioned, I just pray we find some other alternative for dealing with Miss Carlyle."
Colin smiled thinly, "But a minute spent to collect yourself will likely save on distraction later..."

"If not we need to do what we have to in other to take her out so we can get that Labyrinth taken down."
Joakim muttered.
"I know...the thought of doing something like that...of being a part of doing something like that to someone though, even a Nephandus."
He grimaced, "Yes, if we can avoid her in the Labyrinth, I suspect Master Telar might be able to build a trap of some sort - a containment device similar to a phylactery. But that will take time... Time we don't have before the assault. And yes, it's possibly the most vicious thing I can conceive of doing... and I can think of quite a lot of horrid things people might do unto one another..."

"It is kind of you to be there to be that friendly face for this woman, she will encounter few others that will see her as anything but a monster."
Joakim said softly.
"However to stand and watch something like that is not easy, it is a...horrible thing."
He frowned and lowered his voice, "I know, I've stood there before, for... well... Mia holds parts of her daughter, as a result... it's more a sense of obligation than anything; self-imposed, by all means, but still..."

"Yes if her story is true and you can find that man, the Tribunal will not take lightly on his actions, at the very least he will be executed...but there is a good chance that if he have done this...there will soon be another name on that rather short list that started with Teomim."
He nodded, "And much as I find the entire practice deplorable, there are crimes for which so extreme a punishment is entirely appropriate - such as Teomim's betrayal, and now this nameless Tytalus... and possibly a few other individuals I can think of..."

"How will one more captured widderslainte be of any help to them?"
He shook his head, "No, not that... The audience and the Seats seeing them as humans with a glimmer of light left might help..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:10 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "But a minute spent to collect yourself will likely save on distraction later...

"You are probably right Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said and he did lead back in his hair for a moment and just took some deep breaths and that did seam to help, at least a little bit though he was still clearly shook up and very pale.

He grimaced, "Yes, if we can avoid her in the Labyrinth, I suspect Master Telar might be able to build a trap of some sort - a containment device similar to a phylactery. But that will take time... Time we don't have before the assault.

"The question is, how are we going to avoid her in the Labyrinth? If Miss Carlyle is there the most likely thing is for her to try to defend her home and then we need a way to deal with her...heaven help us."
The hedge wizard muttered in a shaky voice.
"Master Telar might be able to build a trap but that helps little if the Nephandi are able to complete their plans today."

Time we don't have before the assault. And yes, it's possibly the most vicious thing I can conceive of doing... and I can think of quite a lot of horrid things people might do unto one another..."

"It is...horrible."
Joakom muttered and shuddered.
"But we have to do what we have to do to survive...for the world to survive but...I really do not want to do this..."

He frowned and lowered his voice, "I know, I've stood there before, for... well... Mia holds parts of her daughter, as a result... it's more a sense of obligation than anything; self-imposed, by all means, but still..."

"I see...young Miss Alexander...poor child."
Joakim whispered.
"How is she doing now?"
He asked then he nodded.
"Sometimes we have to do things because they are right, not because anyone orders us to do them, but just because they are the right thing to do."

He nodded, "And much as I find the entire practice deplorable, there are crimes for which so extreme a punishment is entirely appropriate - such as Teomim's betrayal, and now this nameless Tytalus... and possibly a few other individuals I can think of..."

"There are some things a person can do, which are to horrible to be punished by mere death, and some where such a threat is needed to keep them from happening, for example the punishment for performing an unlawful Gilgul are Gilgul...to prevent anyone from deciding to take out a rival in such a way, yes there are some very few things horrible enough that those that do them deserve the death of their soul...and perhaps what this unnamed Sodales of mine have done are in that category."
Joakim said and frowned.

He shook his head, "No, not that... The audience and the Seats seeing them as humans with a glimmer of light left might help..."

"We can hope there will be a public outcry for mercy, we can hope but that is by no means certain we might just be sending one more soul to the Sentencing Hall by trying to solve this."
The Security Chief warned.
"Can you live with that Mr Wainwright...if we take this Tytalus down and we find he have a new victim I mean?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:21 pm

"Ah her...not much I am afraid...there is little that can be done which is a shame for she probably are sitting on a allot of information we could use. The question though is how long it is humane to keep her alive."

"I see, that is too bad. Also considering what happened, too it makes things more difficult." He frowned. It was dangerous to keep her if they kept trying to get her out as well. "What about the place itself?"

// ugh I can't wait for cold season to be over, caught another one blech
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:03 pm

"It is unfortunate and we can hope that the woman will eventually get comfortable enough to speak a little but I would not bet on it."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"But yes it is not good news for us. I doubt trying to force the woman to talk will help much though it is more likely to just make her withdraw more.
"The hospital? Not much the team I sent focused on getting the Nephandus out rather than examining the place to closely."

(OOC: I hope you feel better soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:10 am

"Hmm, I see. Well, I don't have any ideas right now. But take care, I will talk to you soon then..."

// thanks, woring on it
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top