Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:13 pm

(OOC: Colin is speaking with Francesca right outside the cafeteria of Chantry Morningstar after the failed attempt to go after Mattea Carlyle, Adley is in a basement ritual chamber speaker with Joakim on the phone and Tane is still speaking with George back in Boston. Well then we have thread 17 as the first new IC thread of 2017. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:43 pm

// Anja I sent you an email with a question.
@Warp, nope, not really but thanks for asking. Pretty sure it's the flu, since I feel worse and it's been 3 days. That or it's the worst cold I've had since I was a kid.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:11 pm

(OOC: I will go and change it now, no Joakim do not know about Oak Park, sorry about that a slip up from me. Oh and I do hope you feel better soon, having the flu sucks.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:35 am

"Well yes the lack of at atmosphere might be an issue unless she manage to shift through the Gauntlet at some speed, and if she dies then at least that will give us time to think up some plan to deal with her Avatar before it is reborn, if it is reborn that is and it will not just come back looking for revenge which unfortunately is also an option with that...that thing."
Joakim said and sigh.
"But yes talking with young Mr Willis about this is a good idea."
Colin pondered, "If miss Carlyle dies in space, how likely do you think it would be that her Avatar would come hunt us down?"

"Well it is my operation so ultimately the responsibility is mine, and we have to do...something."
Joakim muttered flatly.
"Yes the kitchen should have something, if not the infirmary will have vials for blood samples but of course they can break."
He nodded, "I'll check for something less fragile than blood vials... We don't want anyone exposed. Anyone at all..."

"It is not an easy thing to leave an save oneself if ones Chantry is in trouble...even if a bad outcome is known...I guess the only chance then is to try to find a way to stop the Technocracy from attacking Steelhaven Hall."
Joakim said and sigh.
"Or better it's defenses so that if that attack comes it can be fought of more efficiency, not that it is any guarantee."
He sighed, "That's the rub - I don't recall details of the attack itself, only fragments of the aftermath, like holding miss... well... not happy moments..."

"Do not underestimate the power of fear either it can often overrule sympathy unfortunately."
The Security Chief muttered.
"But yes let us hope this man have not found another widderslainte to exploit, it do sound though with this man and other things that have come to light lately that Horizon need a clean up...and that is going to be one hell of a mess."
"Very true... Horizon is going to need one hell of a mop."

"Master Vincent Jameson...I...will light a candle for him, there is nothing else I can do...I could not protect him."
He frowned, "I think he would appreciate that. I will light one, too - along with a few others. It's... not much, but sometimes, it's all we can offer."

"More horrible than what...was already attempted?"
Colin nodded slowly, lowering his voice to a faint whisper, "There's another method known to destroy an Avatar... quicker than the ritual, but far more morally and ethically void. I pray that someone can come up with a better way to remove miss Carlyle from the equation..."

"Yes...off course...I did not mean to keep you...Colin...I just wanted to tell you we lost one of the Masters...Jameson..."
She muttered repeating the dead Hermetic's name.
"We failed...we all failed."
He nodded, "Quite alright... Not to sound trite, but... sometimes you can make no mistakes, and still lose. That's not a moral failing, that's just life..."
He gave her good shoulder a light squeeze, "You now know how miss Carlyle can't be fought - but you might be able to offer insights as to how she might be fought instead?"

He sighed, gave Francisca a quick bow, and snuck through the cantina and into the kitchen, looking for a small metal hip flask or thermos, or other solid container.

((OOC: There's no getting out of this one without a huge black mark on the soul, is there? :/ ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:21 am

Colin pondered, "If miss Carlyle dies in space, how likely do you think it would be that her Avatar would come hunt us down?"

"The chance is quite significant, after all I doubt a being like that will really see much of a difference in space, everything is probably seen as being in the same place and freed of it's host it should be little trouble for it to come after those who killed it's host, we can always hope but..."
Joakim muttered and frowned.
"There is a big chance that soul will still be a problem."

He nodded, "I'll check for something less fragile than blood vials... We don't want anyone exposed. Anyone at all..."

"No...we do not want anyone exposed..."
The old hedge wizard agreed darkly.

He sighed, "That's the rub - I don't recall details of the attack itself, only fragments of the aftermath, like holding miss... well... not happy moments..."

"I see...well that complicates matters."
Joakim said and glanced at Colin.
"Hopefully something can be figured out to get everyone safely through that attack."

"Very true... Horizon is going to need one hell of a mop."

"Yes...yes it is...well one crisis at the time."

He frowned, "I think he would appreciate that. I will light one, too - along with a few others. It's... not much, but sometimes, it's all we can offer."

"Sometimes...there is nothing you can do than try to offer respect to the departed but I so wish I could have done something to save the man."
Francesca said sadly.

Colin nodded slowly, lowering his voice to a faint whisper, "There's another method known to destroy an Avatar... quicker than the ritual, but far more morally and ethically void. I pray that someone can come up with a better way to remove miss Carlyle from the equation..."

The Euthanatos looked at you for a moment then she understood what you where talking about and paled.
"Fuck!"
She exclaimed.
"There have to be some other way, there just have to be."
She whispered.
"We just can not...that is to....fuck..."

He nodded, "Quite alright... Not to sound trite, but... sometimes you can make no mistakes, and still lose. That's not a moral failing, that's just life..."

"The Cycle ha it's own way and you can't fight fate."
The death magus muttered softly.
"And sometimes that really, really suck."

He gave her good shoulder a light squeeze, "You now know how miss Carlyle can't be fought - but you might be able to offer insights as to how she might be fought instead?"

"Yeah...well I can speak about what I saw at least. She called her spirit allies before her Avatar attacked, after that she did not work magick, it might be that if her Avatar manifests and act in physical reality she might find it hard to do her willworking though that might also be the damage she took from the Masters. As her soul fought Carlyle herself hid behind a tombstone staying out of the way letting it do her dirty work for her and it protected her..."

He sighed, gave Francisca a quick bow, and snuck through the cantina and into the kitchen, looking for a small metal hip flask or thermos, or other solid container.

Francesca gave you a nod in return as you moved through the cafeteria and made it to the kitchen, some of the wounded giving you glances as you passed them, the two Verbena though did not seam to notice the world around them as they tried to heal the downed Quesitor. You begin to look through the shelves and cabinets and find a small steel thermos after some searching, it should be rather durable.

(OOC: There is a chance it will need a mop as well. :O )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:13 am

"Ah yes off course I....excuse me but do you mean my location and time or the place to meet your contact's envoy."
Joakim said and he sounded so old he took a deep breath. "For me it is five forty five and I am in my office at Chantry Morningstar...Chicago for where to send someone to meet the envoy? I do not think we have agreed on a good spot for that yet. I was waiting for your response on a good location." He said softly. "Please forgive me Mr Roth Hicks, I will collect myself in a moment..."

Adley frowned a little. Something had happened; something had thrown the man for a loop and he didn't like to speculate on what it might be. Time was short and he would find out soon enough. He just hoped it was not something too horrible. "The latter, sir. I'll also be getting info on the backup plan soon also," he said, still watching the flame.  

// Yay finally not a human flu-factory. Or at least just one. Lol, yesterday was the worst but I think I'm on the up now. Wish I'd gotten my flu shot, they weren't kidding when they said it was bad this year. But at least here is a tiny post to keep myself limping on.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:34 am

The flame was calm and still.
"Well for the back up plan on my end I sent a message to Mr Willis and he have agreed to pick the envoy up and transport her where she needs to go. He says what he needs are an address so he can familiarize himself with where he is picking her up and where she is going, if he do not have those locations and enough time to familiarize himself with them then teleporting the envoy will be allot more dangerous for her."
Joakim said still sounding tired.
"But I have set everything up so all I need are the locations. I will send one of my students and a couple of the sentinels for back up to meet with the envoy when I know where."

(OOC: I am glad you are feeling better and sorry you have been feeling so crappy. Yes they said that over here to that the flu was bad this year.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:20 pm

He was ready to stop talking if he saw any interference with the flame. "Exchange is Oak Park, Lake street left side," he replied, giving the time minus the few moments that had gone by since talking to Tyler. "We should try to set up a place to send it to check over if we can for tracers. Be wary of any ambush, I would not put it past after all for there to be some tricks from some other end. I have a phone number for the envoy and will find out the backup send spot after we get off the line. Let me get on that, please sir."

// -10/10 not recommended to get the flu but thanks, yeah I'm starting to feel better at least. Now to try to catch up.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:32 pm

"Noted I will let Mr Willis and my student know."
Joakim said. The flame was still as you spoke.
"I will let the Virtual Adept know first and he can see how much time there will be to check the place over...hum for the cat if the envoy get it, yes we can have it sent to our secodary location apartment first and see if there are any tracers put on the animal."
He agreed.
"I am aware that an ambush might happen, which is why I am not sending Derrick out on this alone, he is a capable man but these are dangerous times and it hard to know who to trust...very well just send me the envoy's phone numbers and I will talk with you later."
The old hedge wizard said sounding tired.

(OOC: I do try to avoid getting the flu if I can. I am glad to her you are feeling better.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:49 pm

"Of course sir," he agreed that he knew the risks. "That apartment might be compromised," he added, not elaborating at the moment, "but I'm sure they can find something similar. I will contact you soon, sir," he said, sounding a bit concerned at the man's tone of voice. He almost sounded his...age. He hung back and went through it all again to ring back Tyler. He hoped she picked up...this was a gamble but they needed something on that woman.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:56 pm

"I understand, but we do not have any other at least partly secure places other than the Chantry itself so we might have to risk it."
Joakim muttered, sounding tired.
"Very well I will talk with you later then Mr Roth Hicks."
Before you hung up.

You went through the now familiar procedure of speaking the name of the person you where calling and checking the candle. There took quite a few rings this time before Tyler picked up.
"Ehm...yeah...I am here..."
She muttered sounding like someone on heavy sleep medication might i you shook them awake.
"How are things progressing Mr Roth Hicks."
She asked sleepily, you hear her walking back and forth in her room to keep herself awake as she spoke with you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:27 pm

"The chance is quite significant, after all I doubt a being like that will really see much of a difference in space, everything is probably seen as being in the same place and freed of it's host it should be little trouble for it to come after those who killed it's host, we can always hope but..."
Joakim muttered and frowned.
"There is a big chance that soul will still be a problem."
Colin frowned, "Then let's hope that, should we manage to kill miss Carlyle, her Avatar moves on quickly rather than sticking around to avenge her... Hum, I believe it was changed to prevent harm from coming to her, rather than to avenge her; it does seem plausible that it might flee and grieve its failure, rather than seek vengeance, but as you say, we can't afford to assume that..."

"I see...well that complicates matters."
Joakim said and glanced at Colin.
"Hopefully something can be figured out to get everyone safely through that attack."
He nodded, "Hopefully..."

The Euthanatos looked at you for a moment then she understood what you where talking about and paled.
"Fuck!"
She exclaimed.
"There have to be some other way, there just have to be."
She whispered.
"We just can not...that is to....fuck..."
Colin nodded darkly, "This ambush was plan A. It didn't work. Right now, we have a plan... V, and I pray to whatever powers might be listening that someone can come up with some plans in the B to U range before we go... If not, we might have to... and I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive myself after..."

"The Cycle ha it's own way and you can't fight fate."
The death magus muttered softly.
"And sometimes that really, really suck."
"No, you can't fight Fate... Though, I suppose every now and then you can persuade it to change its course ever so slightly. But brute force head on never works"

"Yeah...well I can speak about what I saw at least. She called her spirit allies before her Avatar attacked, after that she did not work magick, it might be that if her Avatar manifests and act in physical reality she might find it hard to do her willworking though that might also be the damage she took from the Masters. As her soul fought Carlyle herself hid behind a tombstone staying out of the way letting it do her dirty work for her and it protected her..."
He pondered, "That... might be very valuable indeed. If the little sadist can't use magic reliably while her Avatar is out, that... just might render her susceptible to other methods of attack, such as mental control... Hum... Chief Joakim will likely be very interested in that possibility when he comes out."

Francesca gave you a nod in return as you moved through the cafeteria and made it to the kitchen, some of the wounded giving you glances as you passed them, the two Verbena though did not seam to notice the world around them as they tried to heal the downed Quesitor. You begin to look through the shelves and cabinets and find a small steel thermos after some searching, it should be rather durable.
Colin nodded to the wounded on the way through the room, and paused briefly to salute Vincent's covered body.
Walking back out with the thermos, he gave Lady Crexia and Francesca slightly guilty looks before quietly heading for the basement to look up Isabella's room.

((OOC: Good to hear you're back on your approximate feet, then. Personally, I'm a bit surprised I haven't been knocked out by it yet, but I suppose I can't catch it *every* year... Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:49 am

Colin frowned, "Then let's hope that, should we manage to kill miss Carlyle, her Avatar moves on quickly rather than sticking around to avenge her... Hum, I believe it was changed to prevent harm from coming to her, rather than to avenge her; it does seem plausible that it might flee and grieve its failure, rather than seek vengeance, but as you say, we can't afford to assume that..."

"Yes I do hope that you are right Mr Wainwright, but we can not afford to take that chance, truth to be told we do not know how that soul will react to well, anything really."
Joakim muttered sadly.
"Which is the problem, we can not afford to try to kill Miss Carlyle and then suddenly end up having to deal with her enraged soul, unfortunately."

Colin nodded darkly, "This ambush was plan A. It didn't work. Right now, we have a plan... V, and I pray to whatever powers might be listening that someone can come up with some plans in the B to U range before we go... If not, we might have to... and I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive myself after..."

"That is just...horrible."
Francesca muttered softly.
"I know we have to have some way to deal with the woman but there have to be something else we can do than...that."

No, you can't fight Fate... Though, I suppose every now and then you can persuade it to change its course ever so slightly. But brute force head on never works"

"Ah yes, you are quite right and now you are thinking like one of my own Tradition."
The Euthanatos said and gave a slight, tired smile.
"You can not brute force fate but you can nudge it, that you can do."

He pondered, "That... might be very valuable indeed. If the little sadist can't use magic reliably while her Avatar is out, that... just might render her susceptible to other methods of attack, such as mental control... Hum... Chief Joakim will likely be very interested in that possibility when he comes out."

"Hum...I could go and speak with him, my injuries are minor really and all I am doing is waiting around for the healers to be done with those that need their help more, it would be more useful for me to go and give Chief Joakim my rapport."
Francesca suggested.
"Perhaps if this woman can be controlled in some way we can find a better way to deal with her than...well what you mentioned."
She muttered and looked a little uneasy.

Colin nodded to the wounded on the way through the room, and paused briefly to salute Vincent's covered body.

Some of the wounded nodded back to you, others seamed to preoccupied with their own thoughts and they just looked sadly down.

Walking back out with the thermos, he gave Lady Crexia and Francesca slightly guilty looks before quietly heading for the basement to look up Isabella's room.

Crexia looked up from the young man she was healing from a nasty wound to his side and gave you a nod. Francesca though looked at you and then looked down, clearly very uneasy over what you had told her.

You had to look around for a while and eventually ask Patricia for help, but it turned out there was a sub basement with a stairs leading down in one of the storage rooms. Once you got there you found a long hallway with colorfully painted murals of animals and swirls of color and several doors. Finally you find the right door and knock on it.

Isabella had changed to a white night gown with butterfly print on it and she had hastily thrown on a pink dressing robe over it, her hair was hanging loose and she was barefoot as she opened the door and peeked out.
"Ehm...yes...oh Mr Wainwright good morning...what can I do for you?"
She asked sounding surprised by the early morning visit.

(OOC: I very seldom get the flu. I do not think I have been sick for over five years not beyond stress headaches and eye infections but nothing that makes me really ill. I am knocked out by anxiety and such regularly though so there is that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:41 am

"Ehm...yeah...I am here..." She muttered sounding like someone on heavy sleep medication might i you shook them awake. "How are things progressing Mr Roth Hicks."

He frowned a little and then said, "We just need the emergency place they told you since you talked with them," he reminded her.

// blech, getting flu every year? No thanks! I get being knocked out by anxiety that happens to me too : /
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:29 am

"Ah yes...of course...there is this basement under an apartment building, West Avenue Lane 37, it should be safe enough for an emergency."
Tyler said.
"Sorry Mr Roth Hicks I am finding it rather hard to stay awake."

(OOC: Yeah that sucks.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:52 am

"Yes I do hope that you are right Mr Wainwright, but we can not afford to take that chance, truth to be told we do not know how that soul will react to well, anything really."
Joakim muttered sadly.
"Which is the problem, we can not afford to try to kill Miss Carlyle and then suddenly end up having to deal with her enraged soul, unfortunately."
Colin nodded, "Hopefully, some of the ones who participated in the ambush have some better insights into the poor thing."

"That is just...horrible."
Francesca muttered softly.
"I know we have to have some way to deal with the woman but there have to be something else we can do than...that."
He nodded slowly, "There must - but the only things I can think of would probably take months and years in R&D - time we don't have."

"Ah yes, you are quite right and now you are thinking like one of my own Tradition."
The Euthanatos said and gave a slight, tired smile.
"You can not brute force fate but you can nudge it, that you can do."
He grinned wryly, "Thinking like your Tradition, and I already speak like a Cultist, and I work a lot like a Hermetic... I'm honestly not sure if I'm negotiating from a position of strength or weakness..."

"Hum...I could go and speak with him, my injuries are minor really and all I am doing is waiting around for the healers to be done with those that need their help more, it would be more useful for me to go and give Chief Joakim my rapport."
Francesca suggested.
"Perhaps if this woman can be controlled in some way we can find a better way to deal with her than...well what you mentioned."
She muttered and looked a little uneasy.
"He should be done on the phone in a few moments, I think... but he'll probably come out in a few minutes, once he's composed himself. And yes, he'll be eager for any better ideas."

"Ehm...yes...oh Mr Wainwright good morning...what can I do for you?"
She asked sounding surprised by the early morning visit.
Colin grimaced, "I'm dreadfully sorry to disturb you at this, er, late hour, and especially with such a request, but... we need a bit of your blood, I'm afraid. I come on behalf of Chief Joakim, and you have my word it will not be handled carelessly..."
He held out the thermos, "We don't need it filled, this was just the smallest sufficiently secure container I could find, I'm afraid..."

((OOC: Eh, the flu usually just knocks me out for a day or two - sucks while it goes on, but really, I usually survive. Wink Avoiding people seems a very efficient way to avoid the flu, though...))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:25 am

Colin nodded, "Hopefully, some of the ones who participated in the ambush have some better insights into the poor thing."

"We can hope we are fortunate at least and that someone have some information that can lead to an alternative solution."
Joakim said and sigh.

He nodded slowly, "There must - but the only things I can think of would probably take months and years in R&D - time we don't have."

Francesca nodded at that but she did not say anything.

He grinned wryly, "Thinking like your Tradition, and I already speak like a Cultist, and I work a lot like a Hermetic... I'm honestly not sure if I'm negotiating from a position of strength or weakness..."

"Perhaps there is a little of several Traditions in you Mr Wainwright, it might make you a good diplomat across the various orders."
Francesca said with another small smile.

"He should be done on the phone in a few moments, I think... but he'll probably come out in a few minutes, once he's composed himself. And yes, he'll be eager for any better ideas."

"I will wait here then and go over to him when I see he comes out of his office so I do not disturb him."
The Euthanatos muttered as she glanced to the door to the security office.

Colin grimaced, "I'm dreadfully sorry to disturb you at this, er, late hour, and especially with such a request, but... we need a bit of your blood, I'm afraid. I come on behalf of Chief Joakim, and you have my word it will not be handled carelessly..."

Isabella gave you a bit of a look then she nodded.
"Very well if the Chief says so and there is no need to apologize Mr Wainwright I was up."
She said then she added.
"But you are aware that my blood can be quite dangerous to your kind? Also while it is technically speaking Tass using it can lead to Jhor or so I am told."
The vampiress warned.

He held out the thermos, "We don't need it filled, this was just the smallest sufficiently secure container I could find, I'm afraid..."

Isabella took the thermos and nodded.
"How much do you need?"
She asked and indicated her room.
"Would you like to come in while I take care of this? I do apologize for the mess I was not expecting company."

(OOC: Ah one benefit to being introverted. Razz )

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:07 am

((OOC: The months and years in R&D line was to Francesca, not Joakim. I expect the response was the same, but... Wink ))

"Perhaps there is a little of several Traditions in you Mr Wainwright, it might make you a good diplomat across the various orders."
Colin stared at Francesca for a moment, with a sort of inscrutable expression, "If you only knew..."

"I will wait here then and go over to him when I see he comes out of his office so I do not disturb him."
He nodded, "That would probably be good... He took my suggestion rather hard, and... he's more right to do so than anyone I can immediately think of. Any option will lift his spirits, I think."

Isabella gave you a bit of a look then she nodded.
"Very well if the Chief says so and there is no need to apologize Mr Wainwright I was up."
She said then she added.
"But you are aware that my blood can be quite dangerous to your kind? Also while it is technically speaking Tass using it can lead to Jhor or so I am told."
The vampiress warned.
Colin nodded darkly, "'Tis not as deep as a well nor so wide as a church-door... I am aware of the dangers... the Jhor, I'm not so worried about that for myself; not with my little processing-by-proxy trick - but I would rather not need to use it, if it can be avoided."

"How much do you need?"
She asked and indicated her room.
"Would you like to come in while I take care of this? I do apologize for the mess I was not expecting company."
Colin shrugged, "Enough that it'll stay liquid for a few hours; I'm not sure how quickly vampire blood coagulates... I'll be fine waiting outside; it would seem a bit too... intimate and improper to watch, I think. And... as a matter of protocol, how would you like any leftover blood disposed of?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Colin stared at Francesca for a moment, with a sort of inscrutable expression, "If you only knew..."

The Euthanatos nodded and gave you a bit of a sly smile.
"Why Mr Wainwright...are you planning something?"

He nodded, "That would probably be good... He took my suggestion rather hard, and... he's more right to do so than anyone I can immediately think of. Any option will lift his spirits, I think."

Francesca nodded and looked a little concerned but she did not know Joakim's background so she did now know just how much the old hedge wizard had a right to be upset.
"I see, well it is a horrible thing. I will speak with hum when he comes out of his office then."

Colin nodded darkly, "'Tis not as deep as a well nor so wide as a church-door... I am aware of the dangers... the Jhor, I'm not so worried about that for myself; not with my little processing-by-proxy trick - but I would rather not need to use it, if it can be avoided."

The vampire nodded.
"I guess you are needing my blood then since there have been so many issues with Clan Tremere, we are all of one bloodline so affecting one should potentially be able to affect others, at least in theory."
She said and nodded then she grimaced.
"Ah yes your little trick Mr Wainwright I remember that well."

Colin shrugged, "Enough that it'll stay liquid for a few hours; I'm not sure how quickly vampire blood coagulates...

"It will last for about an hour then the curse will be gone from it."
Isabella said.
"Unless some magick is used to preserve it for longer, it is not so much that it coagulate quickly but more that the curse that animate me will only stay active away from a host for so long without aid."

I'll be fine waiting outside; it would seem a bit too... intimate and improper to watch, I think. And... as a matter of protocol, how would you like any leftover blood disposed of?"

"It can be, and besides I do prefer to use my teeth rather than a knife, that hurts less and opening a vein with a blade and heals easier."
Isabella said.
"If the curse is still active in it then leave it in the sun that should take care of it, just step to the side as it might burn, if not then throw it in a fire if you please."
She said then looked down at the thermos.
"If you will excuse me then Sir, it should not take long."

(OOC: Ooops yes the reply would be the same. I will fix it later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:11 pm

"Why Mr Wainwright...are you planning something?"
Colin grimaced, "That, too, yes... It's a long and complicated affair, I'm afraid..."

"I guess you are needing my blood then since there have been so many issues with Clan Tremere, we are all of one bloodline so affecting one should potentially be able to affect others, at least in theory."
He nodded, "We just might need it for something of that sort, yes... Hopefully, we can avoid it, since I suspect it would cause you a measure of duress as well, but it's truly an extreme last resort..."

"Ah yes your little trick Mr Wainwright I remember that well."
Colin looked a little embarassed, "If it helps, the primal flame is only the simplest visible direct use of that trick - I can well turn it to other... purposes; decidedly less overt ones at that, and less frightening. And I am sorry about that."

"It will last for about an hour then the curse will be gone from it."
Isabella said.
"Unless some magick is used to preserve it for longer, it is not so much that it coagulate quickly but more that the curse that animate me will only stay active away from a host for so long without aid."
He frowned, "Perhaps Lady Crexia can extend the viability of it a bit. Or if not her, there are surely other Chronomancers present who can pull off something like that... I'll have to ask around..."

"It can be, and besides I do prefer to use my teeth rather than a knife, that hurts less and opening a vein with a blade and heals easier."
Isabella said.
"If the curse is still active in it then leave it in the sun that should take care of it, just step to the side as it might burn, if not then throw it in a fire if you please."
She said then looked down at the thermos.
"If you will excuse me then Sir, it should not take long."
Colin nodded, "I'll see to it that the thermos is cleansed afterwards, and the blood disposed of as you ask. I might not be a powerful Archmage, but I have learned how to rinse away magical residue."
He leaned casually against the wall, at an angle that clearly demonstrated him not staring into the good lady's room.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:35 pm

Colin grimaced, "That, too, yes... It's a long and complicated affair, I'm afraid..."

"You will have to tell me about it some time when we have the time for complicated then Colin."
Francesca said said smiled.
"For now I think things are complicated enough on their own."

He nodded, "We just might need it for something of that sort, yes... Hopefully, we can avoid it, since I suspect it would cause you a measure of duress as well, but it's truly an extreme last resort..."

Isabella nodded.
"I would prefer not to die, but if whatever is planned merely cause me discomfort, I will bear it, this Chantry saved my life...well such as it is, I owe them everything."
The vampiress said and smiled slightly.
"I am concerned about my Sire though he is a bastard in every way but...I still care for him so please do not do anything that will wipe out my lineage, not that I think that is what is planned as while it might be possible it would definitively be a major operation."

Colin looked a little embarassed, "If it helps, the primal flame is only the simplest visible direct use of that trick - I can well turn it to other... purposes; decidedly less overt ones at that, and less frightening. And I am sorry about that."

Isabella looked a little embarrassed as well.
"There is no need to apologize and it is a very useful spell Mr Wainwright, and you did not know how...I would react, no harm done though."
She said softly and looked down, not liking to have lost control in public.

He frowned, "Perhaps Lady Crexia can extend the viability of it a bit. Or if not her, there are surely other Chronomancers present who can pull off something like that... I'll have to ask around..."

"I imagine the Lady Crexia can do such a thing yes, if not then if it is important you have my permission to collect another sample when I sleep, though off course I would prefer if the one doing that was one I know better no offense off course. I do recommend trying to shake me awake first though, unless I will it, I do not bleed much. If I do not wake the best place to get blood are from the back for just like a corpse...it tend to pool there when I sleep, if you can not get enough there then drawing from the heart with a needle is possible, but I would prefer to avoid that as our hearts are sensitive but if it is necessary you can tell Chief Joakim he have my consent to get blood in whatever way ends up being needed."
Isabella said in a serious tone of voice and looked up.
"I can not fight this Labyrinth if the battle happen during the day, but I will do what I can to help."

Colin nodded, "I'll see to it that the thermos is cleansed afterwards, and the blood disposed of as you ask. I might not be a powerful Archmage, but I have learned how to rinse away magical residue."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright I do appreciate it...as there is a Blood Hunt after me...ehm our version of the Wizard's March...exactly that in fact, I would prefer none of my blood ended up where others of my Clan can use it against me."

He leaned casually against the wall, at an angle that clearly demonstrated him not staring into the good lady's room.

Isabella went into her room for a moment and came back a minute or two later and handed a now somewhat heavier thermos back to you.
"I hope this will do."
She said before hiding a yawn behind her hand.
"Oh excuse me Sir it is getting early."
She said and sounded a bit embarrassed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:20 pm

"You will have to tell me about it some time when we have the time for complicated then Colin."
Francesca said said smiled.
"For now I think things are complicated enough on their own."
Colin frowned, "I, er... right; as time and trust allow..."

"I would prefer not to die, but if whatever is planned merely cause me discomfort, I will bear it, this Chantry saved my life...well such as it is, I owe them everything."
The vampiress said and smiled slightly.
"I am concerned about my Sire though he is a bastard in every way but...I still care for him so please do not do anything that will wipe out my lineage, not that I think that is what is planned as while it might be possible it would definitively be a major operation."
He nodded, "If it helps reassure you, we don't expect to have to use it directly against any of your lineage, since they'll most likely be asleep at the time - but we can't rule out the possibility of encountering their wards again, and a sample of, er, eau de Tremere might prove most useful in helping with detection and dismantling of that."

"There is no need to apologize and it is a very useful spell Mr Wainwright, and you did not know how...I would react, no harm done though."
He smiled thinly, "Had I ever realized how much that shard of primal fire looks like, well, a flame, I would have been a little more cautious. As it is... well, lesson learned, and no harm done."

"I imagine the Lady Crexia can do such a thing yes, if not then if it is important you have my permission to collect another sample when I sleep, though off course I would prefer if the one doing that was one I know better no offense off course. I do recommend trying to shake me awake first though, unless I will it, I do not bleed much. If I do not wake the best place to get blood are from the back for just like a corpse...it tend to pool there when I sleep, if you can not get enough there then drawing from the heart with a needle is possible, but I would prefer to avoid that as our hearts are sensitive but if it is necessary you can tell Chief Joakim he have my consent to get blood in whatever way ends up being needed."
Isabella said in a serious tone of voice and looked up.
"I can not fight this Labyrinth if the battle happen during the day, but I will do what I can to help."
Colin nodded, "If a second sample should prove necessary, perhaps Mrs. Knox would be the most apt to, ah, collect it. I don't think it will be necessary, though; I do expect we have the means to, er, extend the expiration date adequately."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright I do appreciate it...as there is a Blood Hunt after me...ehm our version of the Wizard's March...exactly that in fact, I would prefer none of my blood ended up where others of my Clan can use it against me."
He nodded, "I'll guard it with my life. And hope I don't take a bullet through it; that would be... unpleasant to say the least."

"I hope this will do."
She said before hiding a yawn behind her hand.
"Oh excuse me Sir it is getting early."
He accepted the thermos carefully, inspecting it quickly for any bloodstains on the outside, "Thank you, this should be more than enough... and I'm sorry for bothering you like this. No apology needed; I understand you are a little less flexible about waking hours than us mere mortals."
He gave Isabella a quick bow, and hurried back upstairs with the delicate cargo.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Colin frowned, "I, er... right; as time and trust allow..."

"Ah yes off course, forgive me Colin I did not mean to overstep any bounds of familiarity."
Francesca said quickly.
"Just do not drag Freddy into something crazy ok."

He nodded, "If it helps reassure you, we don't expect to have to use it directly against any of your lineage, since they'll most likely be asleep at the time - but we can't rule out the possibility of encountering their wards again, and a sample of, er, eau de Tremere might prove most useful in helping with detection and dismantling of that."

"Ah well then I understand what you might be needing the sample for, and dealing with wards in such a way should not affect me and mine in any way, though I do warn you that many of our wards are keyed into the individual caster's blood, not the bloodline as a whole."
Isabella said but it did seam like you had put her fears to rest at least.

He smiled thinly, "Had I ever realized how much that shard of primal fire looks like, well, a flame, I would have been a little more cautious. As it is... well, lesson learned, and no harm done."

"My kind do not do well with the things that can...kill us. It is like something live inside of us, Kristina says there is a spirit there, living in the core of our being, a corrupted spirit that was once a great hunter, now it care just for self preservation and when we encounter that which can destroy us, or we get to hungry sometimes it takes over and we become...nothing but beasts. If we loose ourselves to much we will become beasts permanently it is frankly terrifying..."
The young Tremere muttered and looked down, for a scholar like her the thought of loosing her mind and ability to reason was was frightening.
"But yes it was not your fault Sir."

Colin nodded, "If a second sample should prove necessary, perhaps Mrs. Knox would be the most apt to, ah, collect it. I don't think it will be necessary, though; I do expect we have the means to, er, extend the expiration date adequately."

"I trust Kristina and she knows what she is doing so yes, she probably would be Sir."
The vampire said softly and nodded.
"Very well at least you know you can get more if you need it."

He nodded, "I'll guard it with my life. And hope I don't take a bullet through it; that would be... unpleasant to say the least."

"Well to ease your fears it have to get to your lips for the curse to have any chance of...well turning you upon your death, my blood getting into your wounds will do little but perhaps increase the chance you will live. A vampire or a ghoul can get blood that will work, through an IV or poured into a wound yes, but for someone to be Embraced they have to die and then taste our blood. Ours is a powerful curse yes but still a static one, and static magic do tend to be specific Sir, so you should be mostly fine, I would be more worried about shrapnel from the thermos, unless splatter reach your lips...do keep in mind though that any amount reaching the lips will work, yes more is better as the new vampire will be less hungry and less likely to go amok and the transformation might be a little less unpleasant but one drop is enough so I would wrap the thermos in some cellophane to reduce the chance of splatter if something should happen to it."
Isabella instructed.

He accepted the thermos carefully, inspecting it quickly for any bloodstains on the outside, "Thank you, this should be more than enough...

There where no blood stains on the outside, if there had been any the vampires had wiped them off.
"Not a problem."
She said and smiled.

and I'm sorry for bothering you like this. No apology needed; I understand you are a little less flexible about waking hours than us mere mortals."

"Yes we are prisoners of the day and night cycle. I am lucky, I have managed to keep more of myself than many of my kind so I get a bit of extra time and usually only fall asleep when dawn have fully come but I am starting to feel it's approach."
She said with a frown.

He gave Isabella a quick bow, and hurried back upstairs with the delicate cargo.

Isabella went back into her apartment. You get up the stairs. You see the two Verbena, Kristina and her Mentor sitting on the floor exhausted in a bloody mess, they did not look to pleased. Horton had gotten to Francesca and was checking on her shoulder, while Crexia was helping a young, dark skinned man with short black hair to his feet, fresh, pink skin showing in patches around his face, neck and shoulders where he had healed but the new tissue had not yet grown in and developed enough pigment, his shirt just a shredded mess.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:25 pm

"Ah yes...of course...there is this basement under an apartment building, West Avenue Lane 37, it should be safe enough for an emergency." Tyler said. "Sorry Mr Roth Hicks I am finding it rather hard to stay awake."

He got the address and wrote it down on the scrap of paper with the number. "Got it, thank you. And good...morning," he said before hanging up. He put the information carefully away, tended to the candle after the call was done and put that away as well. Then headed quickly back upstairs to the Chief's office to tell him the last bit of logistics.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:47 pm

"Thank you...if you need anything from me once the sun is up you can always try to call, you might be able to wake me Mr Roth Hicks but it will not be easy and I might not be in as alert condition as you might like...oh and good morning to you as well."
Tyler muttered sleepily before you hung up.

As you get to the first floor you see quite a commotion in the cafeteria. You see Mr Horton there tending to Francesca, her shoulder seamed to be dislocated and her clothes where thorn and bloody. Just about everyone from the strike team that went against Matty was banged up, some worse than others. You see Lady Crexia helping a young, dark skinned man to his feet, just as with your Mentor the sharp contrast between his healthy complexion and the newly formed, pink skin that covered about half of his face and shoulders showed just how much had needed healing. There where others there with bleeding cuts or who where limping around that the healers just had not gotten to yet. Kristina and her Mentor sat on the ground, exhausted their engraved rune symbols still seeping. Adjan, himself looking somewhat scuffed up was seeing to a older woman with silver gray hair who lay on the ground unconscious, beside her was a larger shape covered in a white sheet. Everyone looked rather glum and shell shocked. You also see Colin also on his way towards the Chief's office as you came up from the basement just a few moments after him.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I had a custom order for jewelry I had to get done.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top