Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:16 am

The old magus nodded.
"I am sure I will be able to find it Mr Karyak, if nothing else then Master Morgan have your contact information, have a good morning."
George said as you left.

You left the Deacon Primus' apartment and went down the hall to call the lawyer he ha recommended. It was four thirty in the morning so when the man finally answered he sounded rather tired as you had probably woken him up.
"Ehm yes...hello?"

(OOC: Not a problem, welcome back.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:44 am

Colin sighed, "It's too much to hope for that the thing can be reasoned with to retract its favour from the young lady, isn't it?"
"Reasoning with it would be unlikely to be effective Mr Wainwright and attempting it would be quite illegal for any Hermetics involved in the undertaking, the Code take a dim view of dealing with demons."

"Yes," he said, flatly, just before Crexia spoke of the other concerns. No simple yet  crooked violin contests for the soul with whatever had done this to Matty, that was sure enough.

"And twinkies as in the cake?" She asked a bit confused.

He gave a nod, looking a bit amused just for a second.

He arched an eyebrow, "I thought they stopped making those? There was a big fuss about it in the news a couple of years ago... But yes, derailing."

"They did?" he asked, tilting his head and then waved a hand as if to stop himself from derailing further.

He nodded, "Indeed; it knocked me out for a couple of days, as you know more accurately than me, but I'm the one who survived with... unanticipated side effects. Which reminds me, the Fallen in charge of the Labyrinth's defenses is likely going to be extremely upset with me for that..."

He looked over at Colin with a frown. It was a miracle that he was up and walking and he was grateful for it but he was still worried there was some lingering effect.

He nodded, "And dealing with her widderslainte, in any case, would be as dangerous as dealing with herself - if not more. I'd hate to hear of an incident where six Mages pulled up next to a small suburban home and wound up mangled by unknown means while a confused toddler was watching... which is precisely what we might risk if she were to die and her Avatar to pass on..."
"Correct, even if Miss Carlyle's Avatar was to move on after it's host death then we will be in the same situation some years down the line which could end up being quite hazardous for whoever was sent to deal with it, the greater danger right now though is that it might not move on, instead it might decide to enact it's revenge, we do not know how it's ehm...mutations have affected how it reincarnate, we can not risk simply killing the girl."

He shook his head at that.

Colin nodded and paused for a moment, "Adley... if I can teach you how to tap an external quintessence source to fuel something, do you think you could use that to make a rapidly repeating Banishing that would circumvent the specific issue? Essentially, a Banishing spell that slaps the thing on its proverbial nose every few seconds, so long as there is quintessence to power it?"

He looked up at Colin as he listened, then shook his head a bit, writing his reply to hand over to him. 'The odds that I could hammer out repeated, strong enough banishings by myself at the rate you speak of against something that strong is debatable even with Q, not before it got a chance to hit us back. But your idea of making a sort of grenade belt of them to trigger as needed, created ahead of time with a full ritual to build its power would be better. He handed him the note, frowning a little to himself.

"Off course Sodalis we can arrange for that." Crexia said about you having a word with the casters. Then Hans read the note and nodded. "Sure, no problem I can arrange for such a rote that you describe, so can several others."

"Hmm..." Well, it might buy them time if they needed it. It was not something it would expect, probably.

"There are mages that seam to have throwbacks to other lives, but those lives turn out to be in the future, it gets a bit complicated Sodalis but is possible."

He filed that away for some other time when it might turn out to be useful, rather than just curious. There was quite a bit of that sort of strangeness regarding avatars of late that had accumulated in his mind. It was like what Adjan was saying before they came into the office.

"Master Harris, Master Crexia Mr Wainwright...Mr Roth Hicks..." Cita said politely as the two other Masters returned her greeting.
"I hear you have a problem you need my help with and I found it easier and quicker to co locate here then to do this all over the phone.

He nodded politely to Cita as she arrived. "Ma'am."

"So I have heard, what can you tell me about the situation so far Mr Wainwright, perhaps I can find some way to deal with this thing...though from what I hear it can act freely without the host?"
The spirit healer asked and raised an eyebrow.
"That is quite rare..."
He sighed, "Mattea Carlyle was the apprentice of one of the Hermetics involved with the island...was that essentially correct, Adley?"

He gave a nod to him. "That is most of it in a nutshell. A few other points, if I may..." he said, as he found the page with the notes regarding Matty and what could be done to deal with her on them, underlining a few key notes to see first: that if the avatar was not already out of her body, it seemed to need a little time to be manifested (but not much), since she called outsider spirits to buy her time, that the avatar seemed divided, one part knowing it was corrupted but unable to stop the rest. That the violent, weaponized part was able to sense their own avatars and was able to attack from that plane though perceptible on the plane of lower spirits. That it could and did physically attack others, even if it was only visible in the spirit realm. That a strong banishing that was hung beforehand had temporarily displaced it from their immediate area and hurt Matty. He also highlighted their current ideas on what to do and the unanswered aspects of how to deal with her that lent uncertainty as to what would be most effective, given how devastatingly aggressive and fast it could attack.

"Did this Avatar communicate with any of you...is it still able to grant Miss Carlyle access to the Quintessence pool and by that magick?" Cita asked as she looked down on her screen. "What have been tried when dealing with it?"

He seemed to not hear any comment about avatars being hit with shards of Umbrood, then added on another scrap to offer her, 'I could hear it coming at me, the angry part wanting to devour my soul and generally expressing malevolent intentions. I thought it was another Outsider or other nasty spirit so I used the banishing we'd hung. There was a sound of pain from somewhere out of range of my silence rote. Then it appeared again, shortly afterward so we knew it was not a regular spirit. Then, I also regarded another, smaller voice that was a part of it, that knew something bad had happened to it to turn it into a weapon. It is one reason we escaped it - the other reason you will need to ask my cabalmate to elaborate upon if he wishes to. A party was sent out to try to perform the destruction rite on her but it was not successful; it is too fast and strong to account for the time to do it. The thing took out two M. of spirit and physically through the others into trees and such to get them out of the way.'

// Hope you feel better soon Warp, I hate having colds D:  And yeah, the isometric maps were a bit of work to translate from the Pathfinder module books, but they said it worked for them.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:39 am

"Yes," he said, flatly, just before Crexia spoke of the other concerns. No simple yet crooked violin contests for the soul with whatever had done this to Matty, that was sure enough.

Crexia just gave you a nod of agreement, a serious look in her eyes.

He gave a nod, looking a bit amused just for a second.

"I do not think I have ever had that pastry."
Crexia said then she shook her head.
"Well no matter for now, we have more serious things to discuss than pastry after all like you said Sodalis."
She said with a hint of a smile.

"Hmm..." Well, it might buy them time if they needed it. It was not something it would expect, probably.

"I can work a rote like what you describe up and make it a hanging spell, but it is hard to use someone else's hanging rotes as they are not enchantments so however will be using it should be assisting me."
Hans said and Crexia nodded.
"I can do so as well and I would think it to be easier for another Hermetic to work in concert with me than with you Hans."
Crexia said and the Virtual Adept nodded.
"You may be right about that Crexia."
He muttered.

He nodded politely to Cita as she arrived. "Ma'am."

"Hello Mr Roth Hicks."
Cita said politely as she entered the office and you greeted her.

He gave a nod to him. "That is most of it in a nutshell. A few other points, if I may..." he said, as he found the page with the notes regarding Matty and what could be done to deal with her on them, underlining a few key notes to see first: that if the avatar was not already out of her body, it seemed to need a little time to be manifested (but not much), since she called outsider spirits to buy her time, that the avatar seemed divided, one part knowing it was corrupted but unable to stop the rest. That the violent, weaponized part was able to sense their own avatars and was able to attack from that plane though perceptible on the plane of lower spirits. That it could and did physically attack others, even if it was only visible in the spirit realm. That a strong banishing that was hung beforehand had temporarily displaced it from their immediate area and hurt Matty. He also highlighted their current ideas on what to do and the unanswered aspects of how to deal with her that lent uncertainty as to what would be most effective, given how devastatingly aggressive and fast it could attack.

Cita read the notes as they where handed to her and nodded.
"I see...hum...sending the host and her Avatar forward in time is likely to work, if this creature was timeless it would have helped the host backwards in time as well, though it is not certain...that banishings work do not surprise me much it is likely to be a result of banishings disturbing the parts that are less high frequency Ephemera...hum...so the problem is that this being attacks to quickly for a...Gilgul ritual to be performed and other than that there are few things to affect it...."
She said as she wrote several things on her computer.
"It is a shame we can not call on a psychopomp for help, one of them might be able to help this tormented soul...but there is six hundred years since no one have been able to summon one."
She mushed to herself.

He seemed to not hear any comment about avatars being hit with shards of Umbrood, then added on another scrap to offer her, 'I could hear it coming at me, the angry part wanting to devour my soul and generally expressing malevolent intentions. I thought it was another Outsider or other nasty spirit so I used the banishing we'd hung. There was a sound of pain from somewhere out of range of my silence rote. Then it appeared again, shortly afterward so we knew it was not a regular spirit.

Cita read the note and nodded.
"Hum...how much time did that banishing buy you before it was back Mr Roth Hicks?"
She asked as her hands danced over the keys of her computer.
"It can attack the Avatars of other mages? Are anyone hurt?"
The spirit healer asked looking up with a concerned look on her face.

Then, I also regarded another, smaller voice that was a part of it, that knew something bad had happened to it to turn it into a weapon. It is one reason we escaped it - the other reason you will need to ask my cabalmate to elaborate upon if he wishes to.

"That is tragic that the Avatar know what have happened to it."
Cita said sadly then she looked down at the rest of the message and handed it to Colin and gave him a bit of a questioning look.
"It seams your Cabalmate end up in many interesting situations as of late Mr Roth Hicks."
She added and raised an eyebrow.

A party was sent out to try to perform the destruction rite on her but it was not successful; it is too fast and strong to account for the time to do it. The thing took out two M. of spirit and physically through the others into trees and such to get them out of the way.'

"I see, well it takes a bit of time to perform such a ritual, especially if the soul in question is powerful."
The spirit healer said about the last part of your note.
"So what we need is a way to either keep this renegade soul out of the way by disabling it, a quicker way to...destroy it or a way to use a Gilgul ritual more effectively to give us the time to destroy it...hum...a tough nut to crack...if this soul can really leave it's host then there is no telling what it can do, or what of the laws of reality even apply to it..."

(OOC: I hope you get well soon Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:19 am

"The Code can not be circumvented Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said sternly.
"Young Mr Black is an infernalist and not a demon, there is no law that say one can not deal with an infernalist. Now Morningstar is not an Hermetic Chantry. It is like this the Virtual Adept Tradition have no laws against magickal scrying other other Traditionalists I can live near someone who practice scrying in such a way, but I am not allowed to myself scry on another Hermetic."
She explained then she sigh.
"But no trying to bargain with such a creature will not work, not unless you are willing to pay more than Miss Carlyle did and it is always a well...Faustian deal."
Colin smiled wryly, "I think we perhaps had a different meaning of 'circumvent' in mind, Milady. Hermetics cannot deal with demons, that's abundantly clear. I am inclined to suspect, though, that there might be a blind eye turned to, say, sending mr. Black in as, well, bait... That sort of circumvention; by the use of people specifically not bound by the Hermetic code. That said, the option is pretty much off the books in any case."

"I sent a letter once that at the time of sending did not exist but it would manifest by the time it reached the recipient."
He arched an eyebrow, "That must have made calculating weight-based postage rather a bother?"

"I am not sure what would be bad luck about you not being without certain vital parts of your spiritual anatomy Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.
"Thought I guess ending up being attacked in such a way might be seen as bad luck I guess."
She added, both Hans and Joakim looked at bit uneasy at the discussion.
He sighed, "My Avatar grew in power as a result, and that's... where things became a lot more complicated. Let us leave it at that for now."

"Ah I see...well we better take this woman down then before she figure out who is to blame for Miss Warden's demise, you and Mr Roth Hicks the way I understood it."
He shrugged, "I'm afraid she may already have my description, actually - though I doubt she has more than that."

"Well if there is enough Quintessence in those Nodes or in the Labyrinth's Tass stores for us to drain then this might be doable Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and looked at the maps and nodded.
"Hum...but that we will not know before we get there and can do a proper examination of them, unless you have some intel on how much Quintessence they have and how strong her Nodes are?"
He scratched his cheek, "Nothing absolutely solid, but... I would think the Nodes produce a substantial output; I understand there was a rather large carload of Tass being sent to Boston earlier, and I doubt Abigail would have sent off everything she had, nor necessarily even that she'd spent very much time accumulating those resources - weeks at the most, I would think. Her Tass stores may be a bit low, but I doubt they've been exhausted..."

"Hum...yes I remember the case and that one of the sentenced men had a young student...I did not know they made the child watch that is...horrible."
Cita said sadly.
"I see a...horrible act of desperation then..."
She muttered.
He nodded, "Desperation... or paranoia."

"Sometimes such tragedy will create horrors of people, and many become sadistic and cruel from the Fall."
The spirit healer said and frowned.
"So her Avatar is mixed with something else, it can detach and attack on it's own?"
She asked and frowned again.
"I have seen those with manifested Avatars, where the souls can act in the physical world, and some of them will fight for their hosts but they never unleash their full power, as their manifestation are an expression of what the host needs for developing spiritually they are never more powerful than what the host themselves have achieved, what you describe though sounds more like this thing can act completely on it's own..."
"Quite so; it seems to mostly reside with miss Carlyle, but once separate, it acts and thinks on its own, poor thing..."

"I see, I have examined a case where an Umbrood had somehow merged with an Avatar before the birth of the host, that is something different from shards of Umbroods hitting a soul which do happen from time to time."
She said and sat down on the floor and opened her computer.
"Ehm sorry...easier to balance my laptop this way than in a chair."
She said and started typing. Hans gave an interested look at her laptop but did not say anything.
"Did this Avatar communicate with any of you...is it still able to grant Miss Carlyle access to the Quintessence pool and by that magick?"
Cita asked as she looked down on her screen.
"What have been tried when dealing with it?"
He frowned, "That odd, pleasant young boy and the stray shard are completely different scenarios, I'm afraid - it would seem miss Carlyle's Avatar was cobbled together after the fact, in a most unpleasant manner. I think rather similar to a grown man suddenly having assorted body parts replaced with animal parts without his consent."
He scratched his ear, "It seems miss Carlyle hides while her Avatar is out, which strongly implies the separation renders her incapable of working magic - this doesn't help us much, unfortunately, since she seems quite adept at hiding while her Avatar does the fighting. As for communicating... it knows what it was, and what's been done to it. Its personality is... not entirely dissimilar to Marvin, of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, actually. Only more violent."

He looked up at Colin as he listened, then shook his head a bit, writing his reply to hand over to him. 'The odds that I could hammer out repeated, strong enough banishings by myself at the rate you speak of against something that strong is debatable even with Q, not before it got a chance to hit us back. But your idea of making a sort of grenade belt of them to trigger as needed, created ahead of time with a full ritual to build its power would be better. He handed him the note, frowning a little to himself.
He nodded, "Well, it was worth a shot, I suppose... Still, being able to prepare a cycling spell like that to, er, bop its nose could prove as useful a distraction as a full-strength spell..."

"I do not think I have ever had that pastry."
Crexia said then she shook her head.
"Well no matter for now, we have more serious things to discuss than pastry after all like you said Sodalis."
She said with a hint of a smile.
Colin grimaced, "I doubt you'd missed much. I found it tasted much like cheap sponge filled with lard substitute and sugar..."

"I see...hum...sending the host and her Avatar forward in time is likely to work, if this creature was timeless it would have helped the host backwards in time as well, though it is not certain...that banishings work do not surprise me much it is likely to be a result of banishings disturbing the parts that are less high frequency Ephemera...hum...so the problem is that this being attacks to quickly for a...Gilgul ritual to be performed and other than that there are few things to affect it...."
He frowned, "That... is actually a very good point - if it were truly timeless, it would have worked us over earlier in the storm drains..."

"It can attack the Avatars of other mages? Are anyone hurt?"
The spirit healer asked looking up with a concerned look on her face.
He frowned, "I don't think any Avatars are hurt... but there were some nasty casualties in the assassination attempt. Fatalities, too..."

"That is tragic that the Avatar know what have happened to it."
Cita said sadly then she looked down at the rest of the message and handed it to Colin and gave him a bit of a questioning look.
"It seams your Cabalmate end up in many interesting situations as of late Mr Roth Hicks."
She added and raised an eyebrow.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Ah, yes, it seems to be a bit spooked by... well, you know."
He looked down at Crexia and Hans, "That complication I mentioned? My Avatar was at one point Gilguled, and spent centuries rebuilding herself. She sees Fallen Avatars as clouds of broken fragments she can use as building blocks, rather than intact gestalts. I was able to scare miss Carlyle's Avatar off... once. Not sure it will work again."

"I see, well it takes a bit of time to perform such a ritual, especially if the soul in question is powerful."
The spirit healer said about the last part of your note.
"So what we need is a way to either keep this renegade soul out of the way by disabling it, a quicker way to...destroy it or a way to use a Gilgul ritual more effectively to give us the time to destroy it...hum...a tough nut to crack...if this soul can really leave it's host then there is no telling what it can do, or what of the laws of reality even apply to it..."
He frowned, "We... have a quicker method. We don't want to use it if it can be at all avoided. I will do it if necessary, but I'd almost rather hop in a Caul and take my chances."

((OOC: I'm well enough now. Woke up yestereve with the sudden sensation of my sinuses no longer having a watermelon stuffed in there...))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "I think we perhaps had a different meaning of 'circumvent' in mind, Milady. Hermetics cannot deal with demons, that's abundantly clear. I am inclined to suspect, though, that there might be a blind eye turned to, say, sending mr. Black in as, well, bait... That sort of circumvention; by the use of people specifically not bound by the Hermetic code. That said, the option is pretty much off the books in any case."

"Well using Mr Black as bait to would be dealing with demons Mr Wainwright, none of my Sodalis could have anything to do with any attempt to negotiate with the entity...what non Hermetic members of the Chantry do though off course is up to them...but yes it is not a wise thing to do and not likely to garner any...positive...results."
Crexia said and sigh.
"I wonder if the little pest would really make that good bait in either case."
Joakim chimed in with his boundless love for Mr Black clear in the tone of his voice."

He arched an eyebrow, "That must have made calculating weight-based postage rather a bother?"

"Indeed I had to have a Gifted Mercere transport the letter that would eventually exist for me."
The archmaga said and nodded in agreement.

He sighed, "My Avatar grew in power as a result, and that's... where things became a lot more complicated. Let us leave it at that for now."

"That is not usually the result of being the intended target of a Gilgul Mr Wainwright but yes let us leave it at that."
Crexia said and Hans gave you both a bit of a look.
"Both of you are way to comfortable talking about that..."
He muttered under his breath.

He shrugged, "I'm afraid she may already have my description, actually - though I doubt she has more than that."

Crexia frowned at that.
"Well we are all going to have to be careful."
She said and Joakim nodded.
"The one that might want you dead or worse Mr Wainwright that was the one that maintained the Labyrinth? She is a priority target in any case."

He scratched his cheek, "Nothing absolutely solid, but... I would think the Nodes produce a substantial output; I understand there was a rather large carload of Tass being sent to Boston earlier, and I doubt Abigail would have sent off everything she had, nor necessarily even that she'd spent very much time accumulating those resources - weeks at the most, I would think. Her Tass stores may be a bit low, but I doubt they've been exhausted..."

"You do make a good point Mr Wainwright, that would mean Abigail have some pretty strong Nodes under her control, but given what she have sent over to Boston it is likely she have quite a bit left and that her Nodes are able to produce quite a bit of output...even so fifty drams, that is...allot of Tass we can not go in assuming we can find that readily available in the Labyrinth."
Joakim commented.

He nodded, "Desperation... or paranoia."

"In either case it is a horrible thing that have lead the girl to this, though that off course do not excuse her current actions."

Quite so; it seems to mostly reside with miss Carlyle, but once separate, it acts and thinks on its own, poor thing..."

"Hum...I have a patient that have a Avatar that fully manifests and she can be seen by those around her and she can interact with physical reality, but she never leave her host she only reflects outwards, the host are always able to cast magick even if his Avatar is walking around, you are saying then that Miss Carlyle's soul is more extreme than this?"
Cita asked and looked up from her computer.

He frowned, "That odd, pleasant young boy and the stray shard are completely different scenarios, I'm afraid - it would seem miss Carlyle's Avatar was cobbled together after the fact, in a most unpleasant manner. I think rather similar to a grown man suddenly having assorted body parts replaced with animal parts without his consent."

"Ah you have met the child then, not that I can say anything about him, I never betray the trust of my patients."
Cita said then she frowned.
"That sounds most unpleasant, and bring up images from the movie The Thing....poor creature..."
She whispered and shook her head, the very notion of what Matty had done to her Avatar offended the young spirit healer.

He scratched his ear, "It seems miss Carlyle hides while her Avatar is out, which strongly implies the separation renders her incapable of working magic - this doesn't help us much, unfortunately, since she seems quite adept at hiding while her Avatar does the fighting. As for communicating... it knows what it was, and what's been done to it. Its personality is... not entirely dissimilar to Marvin, of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, actually. Only more violent."

"When members of my Tradition enter a Core War our Avatars are bound to a program outside of our own beings and we are unable to work magick until it returns...it is completely dislodged from her then...perhaps I can use that..."
Cita muttered and frowned again she did not seam pleased at what she was hearing.

He nodded, "Well, it was worth a shot, I suppose... Still, being able to prepare a cycling spell like that to, er, bop its nose could prove as useful a distraction as a full-strength spell..."

"We are several Hermetics at this Chantry we might be able to work in concert...enchant something temporarily...make something akin to a cattle prod to keep this thing at bay..."
Crexia mushed more to herself than to the gathered magi in the small office.
"It could be doable..."

Colin grimaced, "I doubt you'd missed much. I found it tasted much like cheap sponge filled with lard substitute and sugar..."

"And this is supposed to be a better delicacy than a nicely stuffed mouse?"
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow and Hans grinned a little.
"I would take cheap sponge with sugar over rodents any day of the week."
He declared and the arch mage gave a snort.
"That is because you have never tasted it done properly Hans come to dinner with me and Swan one evening and I am sure you will love it."
She said but the technomancer looked rather doubtful that he would like stuffed rodent no matter how well it was cooked.

He frowned, "That... is actually a very good point - if it were truly timeless, it would have worked us over earlier in the storm drains..."

"That is a good point Mr Wainwright that would have been far safer for it's host...hum...perhaps it is still using Miss Carlyle's perceptions to understand the world around it..."
Joakim muttered and nodded.

He frowned, "I don't think any Avatars are hurt... but there were some nasty casualties in the assassination attempt. Fatalities, too..."

"That is good...well it is horrible off course...who was it that...did not make it?"
Cita said and looked up from her laptop.
"Still it is good no one was hurt in...that way."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Ah, yes, it seems to be a bit spooked by... well, you know."

"Ah I see, perhaps not something to discuss here but...perhaps we can use that, this woman's Avatar probably understand that any threat to it are also a threat to the host."
Cita said and nodded.

He looked down at Crexia and Hans, "That complication I mentioned? My Avatar was at one point Gilguled, and spent centuries rebuilding herself. She sees Fallen Avatars as clouds of broken fragments she can use as building blocks, rather than intact gestalts. I was able to scare miss Carlyle's Avatar off... once. Not sure it will work again."

"Is that even possible?"
Hans said looking rather shocked at your revelation.
"I do not not know but I have seen the shards...you can find them deep in the Umbra, forever suffering waiting for a host, unable to reincarnate...I suppose it is possible they could congregate and create a new soul."
Crexia said and regarded you for a moment.
"Hum...it would explain a few things. Now we can not assume your soul will be able to intimidate Miss Carlyle's monstrosity but it is worth keeping in mind that if push comes to show perhaps you can...talk it down in some way Mr Wainwright, if there are no other options left."
The archmaga said. Hans still looked shocked and he just looked at you as if you ad suddenly sprouted wings and become pink with green spots.

He frowned, "We... have a quicker method. We don't want to use it if it can be at all avoided. I will do it if necessary, but I'd almost rather hop in a Caul and take my chances."

"Well hopping into a Caul would not be a good thing Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and frowned.
"I read about the...quicker method it seams quite horrible but I guess Gilgul is Gilgul not that I have much experience with vampires. I have treated those poisoned by them, but not dealt allot with vampires themselves."
She said and sigh.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I was out playing MtG. Good to hear you are doing better Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:31 pm

"I can work a rote like what you describe up and make it a hanging spell, but it is hard to use someone else's hanging rotes as they are not enchantments so however will be using it should be assisting me." Hans said and Crexia nodded.

"I can do so as well and I would think it to be easier for another Hermetic to work in concert with me than with you Hans."
Crexia said and the Virtual Adept nodded.

"You may be right about that Crexia."

"It would be easier," he agreed. Trying to work out anything with Freddy even with Colin's superb help had been a ballbuster, and had taken a lot of time and he wasn't even sure by the end of that anything had panned out.

"We are several Hermetics at this Chantry we might be able to work in concert...enchant something temporarily...make something akin to a cattle prod to keep this thing at bay..." Crexia mushed more to herself than to the gathered magi in the small office.
"It could be doable..."

He wrote down that idea as well. Suddenly he was remembering some TV show that had been on in one of the teacher's lounges, Mythbusters were they were testing punching a shark in the nose to defend oneself. He felt it was comparable. "Might help to have something like that," he agreed.

Cita read the note and nodded. "Hum...how much time did that banishing buy you before it was back Mr Roth Hicks?"

'Not much, maybe a minute or less?' he wrote, considering it. 'My guess is about as long as it took to manifest itself again outside her body and come towards us again.'

"Hum...I have a patient that have a Avatar that fully manifests and she can be seen by those around her and she can interact with physical reality, but she never leave her host she only reflects outwards, the host are always able to cast magick even if his Avatar is walking around, you are saying then that Miss Carlyle's soul is more extreme than this?"

"It does seem so."

"When members of my Tradition enter a Core War our Avatars are bound to a program outside of our own beings and we are unable to work magick until it returns...it is completely dislodged from her then...perhaps I can use that..."

He raised an eyebrow at that and looked thoughtful, writing a note out to her. 'Is the Core War occurring in a spiritual space like a realm? As for time wasting measures I was thinking we might be able to confuse it.' He wrote out the idea about using vibrations for he to have a look at.

"That is a good point Mr Wainwright that would have been far safer for it's host...hum...perhaps it is still using Miss Carlyle's perceptions to understand the world around it..."
Joakim muttered and nodded.

"I do not not know but I have seen the shards...you can find them deep in the Umbra, forever suffering waiting for a host, unable to reincarnate...I suppose it is possible they could congregate and create a new soul."

Adley looked uncomfortable as he was reminded of the tormented shards of magii that he had encountered in his Seeking.

Adley suddenly had a thought and looked at Joaqim and Colin then scratched out something else to show them. 'what if it's not just the avatar that shifts outside the body? What if she shares its perceptions as well. Making a link the spirit parts of itself to perceive what is around it, as you might be able to with a familiar or friendly spirit that has allowed such? Then it might be limited in what it understands as it must be from that framework...'

He frowned at her. "That is the problem."

"You say that again and I -will- punch you."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:10 pm

"It would be easier," he agreed. Trying to work out anything with Freddy even with Colin's superb help had been a ballbuster, and had taken a lot of time and he wasn't even sure by the end of that anything had panned out.

"We can work something out in that regard once this meeting is done...modern system I assume with the Cabbalistic influences that came into the art during the Renaissance?"
Crexia asked as she glanced over at Adley.

He wrote down that idea as well. Suddenly he was remembering some TV show that had been on in one of the teacher's lounges, Mythbusters were they were testing punching a shark in the nose to defend oneself. He felt it was comparable. "Might help to have something like that," he agreed.

"It would be more reliable than a hanging spell, and unless the enchantment have to be permanent then such a thing should not be to hard to do, we can work on it together young man or I can see what I can whip up alone, an enchantment do not have to be used by the mage casting it after all."
The archmage commented.

'Not much, maybe a minute or less?' he wrote, considering it. 'My guess is about as long as it took to manifest itself again outside her body and come towards us again.'

"That is not allot of time Mr Roth Hicks but it give us some room to breathe at least...perhaps it would be possible to restrain that soul in some way, load it into some program and keep it there until we can deal with it...or at that point once it is sent back to the host we use the opportunity to try to transport it in time as suggested."
Cita said and looked at her PC screen and made a few notes once she had read what you had written.
"With the ehm...cattle prod idea perhaps we can keep it at bay for a little while.

"It does seem so."

"That is not good."
Cita said and frowned up at you.

He raised an eyebrow at that and looked thoughtful, writing a note out to her. 'Is the Core War occurring in a spiritual space like a realm? As for time wasting measures I was thinking we might be able to confuse it.' He wrote out the idea about using vibrations for he to have a look at.

"Yes it is, in a way. Core Wars takes place in the digital web, it is less of a realm and more of a layer just like the dream world is, it exist in both the high, low and middle Umbra as a band or plane of sorts."
The spirit healer said.
"The Core Wars themselves are done inside of a program on the digital web though using another program as proxy hosts for the combatants Avatars...it is...distasteful."
She said her eyes becoming very sad for a moment.
"Why where you wondering Mr Roth Hicks?"
Cita read what you had written and then she nodded.
"If this Avatar think a bit like an Umbrood confusing it by changing the correspondences it use to navigate with could indeed confuse it which could be good for us, granted it do not then panic and go ballistic on everything around it."

Adley looked uncomfortable as he was reminded of the tormented shards of magii that he had encountered in his Seeking.

Cita looked at you for a moment when she saw your reaction but she did not ask or say anything assuming whatever caused that look in your eyes was private.

Adley suddenly had a thought and looked at Joaqim and Colin then scratched out something else to show them. 'what if it's not just the avatar that shifts outside the body? What if she shares its perceptions as well. Making a link the spirit parts of itself to perceive what is around it, as you might be able to with a familiar or friendly spirit that has allowed such? Then it might be limited in what it understands as it must be from that framework...'

Joakim read what you and written and considered for a moment.
"Hum...that is actually quite likely come to think about it. We know that is one thing Avatars have a problem with if they are ever without a host and they have not gone to the Well as they should, they are unable to understand the world around them, for whatever reason they need us to be able to function in this reality, it might indeed be that Miss Carlyle see though it's eyes and by that are able to guide it, in which case confusing it like you might an Umbrood by mixing up it's correspondences might not be to effective."
He said and nodded.

He frowned at her. "That is the problem."

"Yes in theory an Avatar is a shard of pure creation, of limitless potential and power...and while such an abomination might not be as boundless it could still have quite terrifying abilities."
The spirit healer commented.

"I am not going to stop you Mr Roth Hicks but please not in my office."
Joakim protested with a hint of a smile.

(OOC: Why do my spell checker want to change all shards to sharks, there was suddenly allot of Avatar sharks in this post and that is quite frankly a terrifying concept. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:36 am

"Well using Mr Black as bait to would be dealing with demons Mr Wainwright, none of my Sodalis could have anything to do with any attempt to negotiate with the entity...what non Hermetic members of the Chantry do though off course is up to them...but yes it is not a wise thing to do and not likely to garner any...positive...results."
Crexia said and sigh.
"I wonder if the little pest would really make that good bait in either case."
Joakim chimed in with his boundless love for Mr Black clear in the tone of his voice.
Colin nodded, "Then that notion is dead and buried."

"That is not usually the result of being the intended target of a Gilgul Mr Wainwright but yes let us leave it at that."
Crexia said and Hans gave you both a bit of a look.
"Both of you are way to comfortable talking about that..."
He muttered under his breath.
He gave Hans a very skewed, sad smile, "I suppose I am... I think part of it is because I was not entirely conscious for the duration, and I got out essentially unscathed. You would be hearing a very different tune if... well..."

Crexia frowned at that.
"Well we are all going to have to be careful."
She said and Joakim nodded.
"The one that might want you dead or worse Mr Wainwright that was the one that maintained the Labyrinth? She is a priority target in any case."
"She's in charge of the defenses and wards, at least."

"And this is supposed to be a better delicacy than a nicely stuffed mouse?"
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow and Hans grinned a little.
"I would take cheap sponge with sugar over rodents any day of the week."
He declared and the arch mage gave a snort.
"That is because you have never tasted it done properly Hans come to dinner with me and Swan one evening and I am sure you will love it."
She said but the technomancer looked rather doubtful that he would like stuffed rodent no matter how well it was cooked.
He grimaced, "Hardly a delicacy, I think. I was speaking of cheap sponges, not cheap sponge cakes... Besides, after a few weeks of military rations, simple roasted rat-on-a-stick becomes a sought-after delicacy."

"That is good...well it is horrible off course...who was it that...did not make it?"
Cita said and looked up from her laptop.
"Still it is good no one was hurt in...that way."
He looked down, "Master Vincent Jameson, bani Guernicus was killed... and... hum, I don't think I got her name, actually... but one of the Masters is... unlikely to wake up again."

"Is that even possible?"
Hans said looking rather shocked at your revelation.
Crexia said and regarded you for a moment.
"Hum...it would explain a few things. Now we can not assume your soul will be able to intimidate Miss Carlyle's monstrosity but it is worth keeping in mind that if push comes to show perhaps you can...talk it down in some way Mr Wainwright, if there are no other options left."
The archmaga said. Hans still looked shocked and he just looked at you as if you ad suddenly sprouted wings and become pink with green spots.
"Oh, it is possible; very much so... As such, it seems quite plausible my Avatar could keep adding fragments and rebuild itself with every little piece I encounter - and I could likely walk into a cloud of such fragments and vacuum them up unscathed, instead of suffering an injury from them. Something which may come in handy in Boston; seems the Fallen are using that bloody ritual to essentially lay mines around the city..."

"Well hopping into a Caul would not be a good thing Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and frowned.
"I read about the...quicker method it seams quite horrible but I guess Gilgul is Gilgul not that I have much experience with vampires. I have treated those poisoned by them, but not dealt allot with vampires themselves."
She said and sigh.
"I agree, hopping into a Caul would probably be a bad thing... however, it seems there's a small chance my Avatar would tear asunder the Caul, rather than the other way around - not something I'd like to test, but in an emergency, well... I'd still rather avoid the bloody thing."

He arched an eyebrow, "Sort of like a remote-controlled drone, she's not acting because her mind is not fully focused on her body, something like that? That... notion might have merit. If she's not a student of Mind and Correspondence, that could help explain her apparent need for a hiding place... and it might help further explain why she seemed to experience personal pain at the banishment."

"That is not allot of time Mr Roth Hicks but it give us some room to breathe at least...perhaps it would be possible to restrain that soul in some way, load it into some program and keep it there until we can deal with it...or at that point once it is sent back to the host we use the opportunity to try to transport it in time as suggested."
Cita said and looked at her PC screen and made a few notes once she had read what you had written.
"With the ehm...cattle prod idea perhaps we can keep it at bay for a little while.
He nodded, "Ideally, you might be able to construct a phylactery or similar containment for it - though time would be an issue, I expect. It'd take years of research and experimenting alone, wouldn't it?"

He fixed Adley with a tired look, only for a moment, "...Thank you, Adley. I think I needed to hear that."

((OOC: Avatar Sharks? Would that be Rokea Mages?))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:12 am

Hello and sorry it's so late. I have been given your number by master Steelhaven. I'm in need of a lawyer with certain urgency.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:39 am

"We can work something out in that regard once this meeting is done...modern system I assume with the Cabbalistic influences that came into the art during the Renaissance?"

He gave her a nod, then wrote down a few quick notes to give her an idea. 'Yes, I am most familiar with those influences and those that developed from those. Also enochian workings for spirits. I know the modern hand gestures and positions but prefer the older ones.'

"It would be more reliable than a hanging spell, and unless the enchantment have to be permanent then such a thing should not be to hard to do, we can work on it together young man or I can see what I can whip up alone, an enchantment do not have to be used by the mage casting it after all."

'The drawback would be that someone has to be close enough to hit the thing directly and not miss, whereas a banishing can blanket an area. If it does get that close though I  would like something to hit it with.'

"Yes it is, in a way. Core Wars takes place in the digital web, it is less of a realm and more of a layer just like the dream world is, it exist in both the high, low and middle Umbra as a band or plane of sorts. The spirit healer said. "The Core Wars themselves are done inside of a program on the digital web though using another program as proxy hosts for the combatants Avatars...it is...distasteful." She said her eyes becoming very sad for a moment. "Why where you wondering Mr Roth Hicks?"

'Trying to understand how you are thinking to use the concept to defeat this problem,' he replied in a note.

"If this Avatar think a bit like an Umbrood confusing it by changing the correspondences it use to navigate with could indeed confuse it which could be good for us, granted it do not then panic and go ballistic on everything around it."

His eyes widened a bit and then he added a note down.

"Hum...that is actually quite likely come to think about it. We know that is one thing Avatars have a problem with if they are ever without a host and they have not gone to the Well as they should, they are unable to understand the world around them, for whatever reason they need us to be able to function in this reality, it might indeed be that Miss Carlyle see though it's eyes and by that are able to guide it, in which case confusing it like you might an Umbrood by mixing up it's correspondences might not be to effective."

"Damn..." He put that down as well and then looked over what was left as viable.

He arched an eyebrow, "Sort of like a remote-controlled drone, she's not acting because her mind is not fully focused on her body, something like that? That... notion might have merit. If she's not a student of Mind and Correspondence, that could help explain her apparent need for a hiding place... and it might help further explain why she seemed to experience personal pain at the banishment."

He looked at Colin and gave a bit of a nod. "Something like that, yes."

"Yes in theory an Avatar is a shard of pure creation, of limitless potential and power...and while such an abomination might not be as boundless it could still have quite terrifying abilities."

He glanced at Adjan. "Was there anything that we missed, regarding what happened?" he asked him, since he had been there.

He fixed Adley with a tired look, only for a moment, "...Thank you, Adley. I think I needed to hear that."

He blinked at him, unsure if he was being sarcastic or not, feeling a creeping embarrassment regardless. "Only because I care," he clarified, looking sheepish.

"I am not going to stop you Mr Roth Hicks but please not in my office." Joakim protested with a hint of a smile.

"Of course not, sir," he said with a cough.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:31 am

Adley and Colin:

Colin nodded, "Then that notion is dead and buried."

Crexia gave you a relieved look and nodded.
"Good."

He gave Hans a very skewed, sad smile, "I suppose I am... I think part of it is because I was not entirely conscious for the duration, and I got out essentially unscathed. You would be hearing a very different tune if... well..."

"Yes ehm...let us not even consider that."
Hans said and shook his head. Crexia regarded you for a good while then she smiled a little sadly.
"Something tells me we would still be sitting here discussing strategy if the worst had happened Mr Wainwright that you would have gotten back up if nothing else then to spite them."
She muttered.
"But I am very glad that you received no serious damage. As for me I am old I have seen many tragedies I guess I do not flinch at words as much as a young mage would."
She explained to Hans then she glanced up at Joakim for a moment and muttered.
"But we should change the topic anyway gentlemen."

"She's in charge of the defenses and wards, at least."

"We are going to have to take her out as well but we need to deal with Miss Carlyle first."
Joakim said and gave a tired sigh.
"We just need to decide on how to dea with her first."

He grimaced, "Hardly a delicacy, I think. I was speaking of cheap sponges, not cheap sponge cakes... Besides, after a few weeks of military rations, simple roasted rat-on-a-stick becomes a sought-after delicacy."

"Even so...rodent that is so..."
Hans said and sigh.
"I guess I am to young to appreciate it."
He added and shook his head.

He looked down, "Master Vincent Jameson, bani Guernicus was killed... and... hum, I don't think I got her name, actually... but one of the Masters is... unlikely to wake up again."

"Ah...I have met him...he was a good man."
Cita muttered sadly.
"Her name is Aurelia Elanmoor Hermes bani Guernicus..."
Joakim said and looked down.
"She to is a good person, a decent judge though a Traditionalist and she will be missed."

"Oh, it is possible; very much so... As such, it seems quite plausible my Avatar could keep adding fragments and rebuild itself with every little piece I encounter - and I could likely walk into a cloud of such fragments and vacuum them up unscathed, instead of suffering an injury from them.

"There are quite a few deep Umbral vessels that would love to have you on board Mr Wainwright, though having you be the ship sponge is hardly very dignified."
Crexia said and Hans still looked amazed.
"Do it feel odd...I mean to have an Avatar like that? Ehm...forgive me Mr Wainwright that was to personal a question."
The Virtual Adept asked and then he looked a bit apologetic but still curious. Mia did not appreciate that question and you could almost feel her indignant humph inside of your soul seriously one did not ask if a lady felt odd.

Something which may come in handy in Boston; seems the Fallen are using that bloody ritual to essentially lay mines around the city..."

"Leave it to the Nephandi to be disturbingly creative...have you lost any Traditionalists over there?"
Hans wondered looking rather sick at the notion of something like that.

"I agree, hopping into a Caul would probably be a bad thing... however, it seems there's a small chance my Avatar would tear asunder the Caul, rather than the other way around - not something I'd like to test, but in an emergency, well... I'd still rather avoid the bloody thing."

"Well that would be sure to give the Nephandi a bit of a surprise and a bad day afterwards but let us try to avoid that anyway Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and Joakim nodded in agreement.
"I would like to loose as few as possible in this fight young man."
He muttered.

e arched an eyebrow, "Sort of like a remote-controlled drone, she's not acting because her mind is not fully focused on her body, something like that? That... notion might have merit. If she's not a student of Mind and Correspondence, that could help explain her apparent need for a hiding place... and it might help further explain why she seemed to experience personal pain at the banishment."

"Well a mage do feel pain if their Avatar is hurt as you to well know Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said then she nodded.
"She might not be controlling that Avatar or it would not have retracted and let the retrieval team go from the tunnels as you have explained that it did, however she might be joining with it in some way, giving it enough understanding of our physical world to act..."

He nodded, "Ideally, you might be able to construct a phylactery or similar containment for it - though time would be an issue, I expect. It'd take years of research and experimenting alone, wouldn't it?"

Cita turned around fully to look at you.
"I have been able to create one...one artificial phylactery and that was with a willing Avatar and host cooperating with me, a team of assistants and years of research, doing the same to an unwilling one is...quite another task. What I might be able to do however is to contain it for a while...once I..."
She looked down as if she did not like talking about this.
"I learned how to do Core Wars from the greatest master at that form of dueling in Iteration X, I was very...very good at it once...I never thought I would...create such a program again, but it is possible I could...bind an unwilling Avatar into one and...contain it while a safe way to deal with it was developed."
She muttered and turned away and wiped a tear from her eye.
"I ehm...would need it distracted for a little while as I prepared the programming to grab it though..."

He gave her a nod, then wrote down a few quick notes to give her an idea. 'Yes, I am most familiar with those influences and those that developed from those. Also enochian workings for spirits. I know the modern hand gestures and positions but prefer the older ones.'

Crexia read your note and nodded.
"I can work with that Mr Roth Hicks."

'The drawback would be that someone has to be close enough to hit the thing directly and not miss, whereas a banishing can blanket an area. If it does get that close though I would like something to hit it with.'

"Doing both then...it should be doable if we wake a few more more of our Sodalis out of bed to assist us with it."
Crexia agreed.
"The ehm....spirit prod enchantment and a few banishings as hanging spells."

Trying to understand how you are thinking to use the concept to defeat this problem,' he replied in a note.

Cita gave you a sad look.
"Because I am considering if it would be possible to bind that thing into one of our duelling programs and contain it in such a way until it could be dealt with."
She replied.

He glanced at Adjan. "Was there anything that we missed, regarding what happened?" he asked him, since he had been there.

Adjan shook his head, he had been silent up until now listening to what the rest of the gathered magi was saying.
"No not that I can think of my friend, but I would like to add that as powerful as that thing was, it did seam to lack the power and wisdom of an Avatar outside of the host. I have seen one once...as they should be...it was a planned death on a member of my Tradition, a member of my old Cabal in fact and we where all gathered around, those of my Cabal who was not vehemently opposed to it as well, and as his student did the deed I looked, I could see his soul leave towards the afterlife and his Avatar...so beautiful...stand there looking at his dead host for just a moment and then leave...it was just an instant but it was just such a profound moment and that being was just so...perfect..."
He said and he to stop for a moment to gather himself from the power of that memory.
"Ehm...I got nothing of that from that thing that attacked us in the cemetery, that just felt angry and in pain and while powerful it felt more like a raging Umbrood than the pure perfection of an Avatar."
The Euthanathos muttered and looked down.
"I doubt it have the limitless potential of a natural soul, not that it is not awfully powerful."

"Of course not, sir," he said with a cough.

Joakim just gave you a bit of a grin.

(OOC: Well Coawa do want them ehm spawn with a mage to make mage Rokea kinfolk Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:34 am

Tane:

Hello and sorry it's so late. I have been given your number by master Steelhaven. I'm in need of a lawyer with certain urgency.

"I see...that is alright ehm...just let me dress and I will head over...are you at Steelhaven Hall then? Ah forgive me I did not catch your name."
The Guernicus muttered sleepily.
"Who should I ask for when I get there?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:36 pm

He blinked at him, unsure if he was being sarcastic or not, feeling a creeping embarrassment regardless. "Only because I care," he clarified, looking sheepish.
Colin just smiled enigmatically.

"Something tells me we would still be sitting here discussing strategy if the worst had happened Mr Wainwright that you would have gotten back up if nothing else then to spite them."
She muttered.
He grinned, "Well, yes, I can hardly rule that out..."

"Even so...rodent that is so..."
Hans said and sigh.
"I guess I am to young to appreciate it."
He added and shook his head.
He shrugged, "Too young might not be the right descriptor. Age doesn't enter into it - hunger and desperation, on the other hand... Suffice to say, roast rat is surprisingly dissimilar to chicken."

"There are quite a few deep Umbral vessels that would love to have you on board Mr Wainwright, though having you be the ship sponge is hardly very dignified."
Crexia said and Hans still looked amazed.
"Do it feel odd...I mean to have an Avatar like that? Ehm...forgive me Mr Wainwright that was to personal a question."
The Virtual Adept asked and then he looked a bit apologetic but still curious. Mia did not appreciate that question and you could almost feel her indignant humph inside of your soul seriously one did not ask if a lady felt odd.
Colin sniggered, "I'm sure I could endure that indignity - I'm less certain older Magi would be all that keen on letting me do it, seeing as I might... become rapidly more powerful by assimilating bits of older, stronger Avatars. I'd rather not speculate too much on how far it could take me."
He arched an eyebrow at Hans, "Does it feel odd to have an Avatar not like that? My Avatar took some mild offense to that, but really, what would I have to compare her to?"

"Leave it to the Nephandi to be disturbingly creative...have you lost any Traditionalists over there?"
Hans wondered looking rather sick at the notion of something like that.
He frowned, "I'm not entirely certain, actually... but it would seem Boston now harbours something to the tune of two or three Widderslainte... and Larson's been receiving almost all of Abigail's Widderslainte as... well, what she's been using them for does not bear pondering..."

"Well that would be sure to give the Nephandi a bit of a surprise and a bad day afterwards but let us try to avoid that anyway Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and Joakim nodded in agreement.
"I would like to loose as few as possible in this fight young man."
He muttered.
He nodded, "Indeed; I may have a non-zero chance of coming out of the Caul uncorrupted - that does not mean the chances are good..."

"Well a mage do feel pain if their Avatar is hurt as you to well know Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said then she nodded.
"She might not be controlling that Avatar or it would not have retracted and let the retrieval team go from the tunnels as you have explained that it did, however she might be joining with it in some way, giving it enough understanding of our physical world to act..."
"Quite so; it would not be a standalone explanation, merely a part of the whole. But keeping in mind that a banishing for lesser spirits caused obvious pain, the mechanics of that pain might be worth speculating on. A possible technological equivalent might be a drone operator with a visor attached to a camera in the drone, and then someone detonates a flare in front of the drone. That... is going to be very unpleasant for the poor bastard who suddenly sees the light, even if neither take actual damage. But, that's just a hypothesis for now..."

Cita turned around fully to look at you.
"I have been able to create one...one artificial phylactery and that was with a willing Avatar and host cooperating with me, a team of assistants and years of research, doing the same to an unwilling one is...quite another task. What I might be able to do however is to contain it for a while...once I..."
She looked down as if she did not like talking about this.
"I learned how to do Core Wars from the greatest master at that form of dueling in Iteration X, I was very...very good at it once...I never thought I would...create such a program again, but it is possible I could...bind an unwilling Avatar into one and...contain it while a safe way to deal with it was developed."
"I ehm...would need it distracted for a little while as I prepared the programming to grab it though..."
Colin nodded soberly, "A Ghostbusters-like trap, then - a temporary containment. That might be all we need... Who knows, perhaps you could even observe it long enough to unravel the damage done to it..."

"Doing both then...it should be doable if we wake a few more more of our Sodalis out of bed to assist us with it."
Crexia agreed.
"The ehm....spirit prod enchantment and a few banishings as hanging spells."
He frowned, "Would it be possible to equip everyone with a sort of reactive armour? The Avatar attacks and gets a rap on the nose as it gets too close?"

((OOC: Yeah, well, THAT just sounds fishy... Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:33 pm

He grinned, "Well, yes, I can hardly rule that out..."

The old archmaga nodded approvingly at that and patted you on the shoulder.

He shrugged, "Too young might not be the right descriptor. Age doesn't enter into it - hunger and desperation, on the other hand... Suffice to say, roast rat is surprisingly dissimilar to chicken."

"Well Hans have some point Mr Wainwright while desperation might lead a man to eat something he otherwise would not touch back in my day we ate stuffed mice, not rats because we found it to be tasty."
Crexia declared.
"Their meat is quite succulent."
She said but Hans did still not look convinced.

Colin sniggered, "I'm sure I could endure that indignity - I'm less certain older Magi would be all that keen on letting me do it, seeing as I might... become rapidly more powerful by assimilating bits of older, stronger Avatars. I'd rather not speculate too much on how far it could take me."

"Oh I bet their fear of seeing an Orphan surpass them would quickly become less important that the fear of what such a cloud of shards could do to them if it was not cleaned up, but I do see your point Mr Wainwrigh, never the less being able to safely absorb such shards is a useful skill."
Crexia said with a sly smile.

He arched an eyebrow at Hans, "Does it feel odd to have an Avatar not like that? My Avatar took some mild offense to that, but really, what would I have to compare her to?"

"I am truly sorry if I offended her...I did not mean to."
Hans said and sounded apologetic.
"I just got to curious and blurted out what was on my mind. I do see your point though you would not have something to compare you Avatar to...I em...will shut up now."
He muttered.

He frowned, "I'm not entirely certain, actually... but it would seem Boston now harbours something to the tune of two or three Widderslainte... and Larson's been receiving almost all of Abigail's Widderslainte as... well, what she's been using them for does not bear pondering..."

"The Boston Labyrinth are taking out it's own widderslainte, and in such a horrible way...but why, that seam like it would be completely illogical for them to attack her own...."

He nodded, "Indeed; I may have a non-zero chance of coming out of the Caul uncorrupted - that does not mean the chances are good..."

"No let us not take the chance of that...not even think the thought."
Joakim muttered sourly.

"Quite so; it would not be a standalone explanation, merely a part of the whole. But keeping in mind that a banishing for lesser spirits caused obvious pain, the mechanics of that pain might be worth speculating on.

"True enough Mr Wainwright it might be worth speculating on if you think that would lead us to greater realization of the strengths of weaknesses of Miss Carlyle and her Avatar."
Crexia agreed though she seamed a bit skeptical that it would lead anywhere.

A possible technological equivalent might be a drone operator with a visor attached to a camera in the drone, and then someone detonates a flare in front of the drone. That... is going to be very unpleasant for the poor bastard who suddenly sees the light, even if neither take actual damage. But, that's just a hypothesis for now..."

"It is possible if she is actually remote controlling her own soul, but as for now we can only make guesses since we do not know if that is what she is doing or how much she is in control if it turns out that it is. But yes it would be relevant to know if banishing the soul would affect it even if Miss Carlyle was out of the picture in some way."
The archmaga continued.

Colin nodded soberly, "A Ghostbusters-like trap, then - a temporary containment. That might be all we need... Who knows, perhaps you could even observe it long enough to unravel the damage done to it..."

"Something look that only that it would be sucked into a computer program and locked away in there. I do not know how long it will hold, a Core War lasts for a few weeks usually beyond that I do not know but at least it will get it out of the way for now...if I can pull it off, and give us time to figure out what to do with it once the Labyrinths have been dealt with."
Cita muttered sadly and looked down.

He frowned, "Would it be possible to equip everyone with a sort of reactive armour? The Avatar attacks and gets a rap on the nose as it gets too close?"

"Making enchanted armor for everyone would be quite time consuming, I am not sure if we can spare that amount of time before going on the offensive."
Crexia said and sigh.
"It is a good idea though."

(OCC: Well it would be better than an Avatar that are an actual shark. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:26 pm

"Oh I bet their fear of seeing an Orphan surpass them would quickly become less important that the fear of what such a cloud of shards could do to them if it was not cleaned up, but I do see your point Mr Wainwrigh, never the less being able to safely absorb such shards is a useful skill."
Crexia said with a sly smile.
Colin nodded, "Useful, but not without its... peculiar hazards, I suppose."

"I am truly sorry if I offended her...I did not mean to."
Hans said and sounded apologetic.
"I just got to curious and blurted out what was on my mind. I do see your point though you would not have something to compare you Avatar to...I em...will shut up now."
He muttered.
He grinned, "Oh, i think you can be forgiven... Just keep in mind she's a lady, and there are things one should not ask a lady about. Directly or by proxy."

"The Boston Labyrinth are taking out it's own widderslainte, and in such a horrible way...but why, that seam like it would be completely illogical for them to attack her own...."
He frowned, "Sacrifices, it seems... of one sort or another."

"True enough Mr Wainwright it might be worth speculating on if you think that would lead us to greater realization of the strengths of weaknesses of Miss Carlyle and her Avatar."
Crexia agreed though she seamed a bit skeptical that it would lead anywhere.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Right, so hypothesis from someone who doesn't really understand Spirits: whatever cobbling together of miss Carlyle's Avatar separated her own soul from her Avatar - tore the two apart - and used some baser spirit to function as a flexible attachment between the two. A manner of... spirit gum, to use a theatrical term. That baser ephemera functions as a link between miss Carlyle and her detached Avatar, and provides a shared sensory comprehension between the two. A banishment aimed at that lesser spiritual component doesn't send it farther away into the Umbra, but instead causes it to contract in pain that resonates into both miss Carlyle and the Avatar... does that make sense?"

"Something look that only that it would be sucked into a computer program and locked away in there. I do not know how long it will hold, a Core War lasts for a few weeks usually beyond that I do not know but at least it will get it out of the way for now...if I can pull it off, and give us time to figure out what to do with it once the Labyrinths have been dealt with."
Cita muttered sadly and looked down.
He nodded, "That, at least, sounds like a better option than what we had before... And if anyone can figure out a way to straighten out that thing, it's you."

"Making enchanted armor for everyone would be quite time consuming, I am not sure if we can spare that amount of time before going on the offensive."
Crexia said and sigh.
"It is a good idea though."
He nodded, "Actually enchanting armour would be excessive, yes - I was thinking more of some temporary, well, blessing or similar - perhaps a ward shared by everyone?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:38 pm

Colin nodded, "Useful, but not without its... peculiar hazards, I suppose."

Well I guess you never know what you might pick up on such a assignment and there might be hazards we do not know about not to mention political dangers as your Avatar grows in strength, anyway I guess your potential career as crew on an Umbral ship is going to have to be a topic for later."
Crexia said as she regarded you.
"However your unusual condition can be a great gift."

He grinned, "Oh, i think you can be forgiven... Just keep in mind she's a lady, and there are things one should not ask a lady about. Directly or by proxy."

"Ah yes off course...please forgive me my lady."
Hans said with a little bow and your Avatar felt allot less miffed.
"I will be careful what I ask about her in the future Mr Wainwright."
Hans said and gave you another apologetic look.

He frowned, "Sacrifices, it seems... of one sort or another."

"It is still rather...horrifying that the Nephandi are treating even their own like this."
Crexia muttered and shook her head.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Right, so hypothesis from someone who doesn't really understand Spirits: whatever cobbling together of miss Carlyle's Avatar separated her own soul from her Avatar - tore the two apart - and used some baser spirit to function as a flexible attachment between the two. A manner of... spirit gum, to use a theatrical term. That baser ephemera functions as a link between miss Carlyle and her detached Avatar, and provides a shared sensory comprehension between the two. A banishment aimed at that lesser spiritual component doesn't send it farther away into the Umbra, but instead causes it to contract in pain that resonates into both miss Carlyle and the Avatar... does that make sense?"

"Well we know that for an Avatar to attach to a physical being they have to have a human soul, or rather that is not exactly right there have been a few instances of Awakened animals, particularly dolphins and cats, but there is a certain sort of soul it have to attach to, for example a pure blooded fay can not Awaken as they do not have human souls."
Cita explained.
"What you propose is possible, but it is also possible that Miss Carlyle's Avatar have been spliced with lesser Ephemera and as this spirit matter is affected by trying to banish it that hurt the Avatar itself and by that also the host. I hope you are not right fo it would be truly horrific if it was the case however it is impossible to know for sure why Miss Carlyle seam to react with pain when her soul are attempted banished."
The Virtual Adept said and Crexia nodded her agreement.

He nodded, "That, at least, sounds like a better option than what we had before... And if anyone can figure out a way to straighten out that thing, it's you."

"I am not so sure we can give this thing you describe any other mercy than death Mr Wainwright and you know the Traditions will want it gone...but at least we might with this find a way to take down those Labyrinths and keep the world moving..."
The spirit healer said and looked down.

He nodded, "Actually enchanting armour would be excessive, yes - I was thinking more of some temporary, well, blessing or similar - perhaps a ward shared by everyone?"

"I could possibly create a ward like that, not on a location but on the group itself and just send the program of it to everyone's phones as an app."
Hans said and nodded.
"Give me a little bit of time and I will see what I can whip up."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:57 pm

"Ah...I have met him...he was a good man." Cita muttered sadly. "Her name is Aurelia Elanmoor Hermes bani Guernicus..." Joakim said and looked down. "She to is a good person, a decent judge though a Traditionalist and she will be missed."

He frowned; of course it did no good to speculate if it was a trap or what might have been done differently, or what he might have said to improve their chances. They had known it was dangerous, her avatar being so weaponized against what they'd tried to accomplish and he'd tried to warn Fran, and the Chief had known. But at the end of that, aside from the very real sorrow of losing them as good people, it had deprived them of two very powerful Masters of Spirit and that something they needed to deal with the Labyrinth.

"Doing both then...it should be doable if we wake a few more more of our Sodalis out of bed to assist us with it." Crexia agreed. "The ehm....spirit prod enchantment and a few banishings as hanging spells."

"Yes," he agreed.

Cita gave you a sad look.
"Because I am considering if it would be possible to bind that thing into one of our duelling programs and contain it in such a way until it could be dealt with."

"That is what I thought," he said with a nod, then wrote her out a few questions. 'The avatar that we will be dealing with most likely will be in the umbra already, in the labyrinth. Making a pocket realm that can be used in a realm of opposite nature in battle, that can be triggered without you facing retribution or attacks, can you make something someone else can deploy?'

"Agreed."

"No not that I can think of my friend, but I would like to add that as powerful as that thing was, it did seam to lack the power and wisdom of an Avatar outside of the host...I doubt it have the limitless potential of a natural soul, not that it is not awfully powerful."

He nodded, then wrote something and handed it to him. 'It was different when we experienced it, though I am not sure why. There was another voice, another part of the avatar that I could discern that seemed to hold more of its previous nature. But it was flagging in strength; it may have spent most of itself to prevent us being harmed from the rest of it. Or the rite may have injured it as it is aimed at that aspect, I do not know. It may be moot by this point if it cannot contain it's other spiritual parts at any rate which is likely.'

Colin just smiled enigmatically.

Adley looked slightly embarrassed still, reaching up tp scrub at his hair and then he looked away, turning his attention back to what they were doing.

"Quite so; it would not be a standalone explanation, merely a part of the whole. But keeping in mind that a banishing for lesser spirits caused obvious pain, the mechanics of that pain might be worth speculating on. A possible technological equivalent might be a drone operator with a visor attached to a camera in the drone, and then someone detonates a flare in front of the drone. That... is going to be very unpleasant for the poor bastard who suddenly sees the light, even if neither take actual damage. But, that's just a hypothesis for now..."

"Ah, I see what you are getting at," he said, then wrote out, 'Overwhelming the senses, no magickal way to immediately process the information. But it is clear she can summon outsider beings so some of the spiritual nature of the rote would be comprehensible to her, though as we speculated the fact it is nonlocalized to her human senses might be confusing, yes.'

"Making enchanted armor for everyone would be quite time consuming, I am not sure if we can spare that amount of time before going on the offensive." Crexia said and sigh.
"I could possibly create a ward like that, not on a location but on the group itself and just send the program of it to everyone's phones as an app." Hans said and nodded. "Give me a little bit of time and I will see what I can whip up."

'Like a shock fence...there are protection spells that work similar to that, forces-based to create a perimeter, so perhaps a derivative for baneful spiritual influences,' he replied and showed the other magii.

Then he waited until it looked until Cita hit a pause in her work before handing a direct note to her along with his pen so she could reply back in the same vein. 'I have a question regarding the lodger. If these banishments, traps or wards are used in my proximity, I have been assuming I need to account for that. Especially with something complicated as a mix of these. I wish to keep as few people from knowing or particulars as possible. Advice?'

// VA maxim: 'There's an app for that'[/quote]
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:27 pm

"Yes," he agreed.

Crexia nodded.
"We will get on those two tasks as soon as we are done planning then."
She declared.
"I will take care of rousing some of the others."

"That is what I thought," he said with a nod, then wrote her out a few questions. 'The avatar that we will be dealing with most likely will be in the umbra already, in the labyrinth. Making a pocket realm that can be used in a realm of opposite nature in battle, that can be triggered without you facing retribution or attacks, can you make something someone else can deploy?'

"It should not matter that much where we are when this is attempted, at first I will just be binding the Avatar into a computer program that will act as it's proxy host, I can set the programs needed up and another Virtual Adept of a similar Paradigm to mind can use those tools once I have prepared them but I would not want to put anyone else in danger."
She said and Hans shook his head.
"You are to important to the Traditions to risk loosing Master Telar, I can do it."
He said and Cita begun to protest.
"My life is not more important than anyone else's Master Harris."
She said and he shook his head again.
"No but your skills and knowledge are, we need your skills with Avatars Master Telar...loosing one Virtual Adept is a loss any dead Tradition mage is a loss, looking your skills however would be far worse."
He said softly and Cita looked down a bit embarrassed, not really knowing what to say.

"Agreed."

Cita smiled a little at that.

He nodded, then wrote something and handed it to him. 'It was different when we experienced it, though I am not sure why. There was another voice, another part of the avatar that I could discern that seemed to hold more of its previous nature. But it was flagging in strength; it may have spent most of itself to prevent us being harmed from the rest of it. Or the rite may have injured it as it is aimed at that aspect, I do not know. It may be moot by this point if it cannot contain it's other spiritual parts at any rate which is likely.'

Adjan read what you had written and nodded.
"Well it was under attack at the time so it probably did not show it's most friendly side at the time, however if that broken Avatar still have some part of it's higher nature intact, do you think there is any chance we can reason with it. I mean we are planning out ehm creative ways to destroy it and contain it and how to hurt it into submission, but perhaps there is some chance we can talk with it?"
The Euthanatos asked but Crexia looked rather doubtful.
"I guess not...but it would be preferable to having to attack it...I mean if all it want is for the safety of it's host perhaps we could offer it that Matty could leave...unharmed and it could take it's host somewhere else and be out of our hair..."
The Euthanatos suggested a bit hesitantly as he handed your notebook back.

'Like a shock fence...there are protection spells that work similar to that, forces-based to create a perimeter, so perhaps a derivative for baneful spiritual influences,' he replied and showed the other magii.

"I was thinking the same thing Mr Roth Hicks, it should not be to hard to do as soon as I get back to my laptop."
Hans replied and nodded.

He waited until it looked until she had a pause in her work before handing a direct note to Cita along with his pen so she could reply back in the same vein. 'I have a question regarding the lodger. If these banishments, traps or wards are used in my proximity, I have been assuming I need to account for that. Especially with something complicated as a mix of these. I wish to keep as few people from knowing or particulars as possible. Advice?'

Cita's fingers stopped working and she took your note and wrote out one of her own, her handwriting bearing witness to the fact that she seldom wrote by hand.
"The idea of dragging that Avatar into a computer program is target based as so should not affect your lodger, general banishment and wards against spirits though will affect it, now the shard is rather protected inside of your Avatar but it could be an issue. I could create a protection for you that will shield it from outside influence for a while, though such a rote will not work for long."
She wrote out and handed to you.

(OOC: Indeed there is, there is an app for everything. Oh I see you have three bullet holes in your head...well there is an app for that. Razz And again shard becomes shark, no hopefully there are no sharks protected inside of Adley's Avatar for that would be bad...and surreal...but mostly bad. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:57 am

Well I guess you never know what you might pick up on such a assignment and there might be hazards we do not know about not to mention political dangers as your Avatar grows in strength, anyway I guess your potential career as crew on an Umbral ship is going to have to be a topic for later."
Crexia said as she regarded you.
"However your unusual condition can be a great gift."
Colin smiled wryly, "A great gift, but why must it remind me so of the Trojan Horse? Ah, I'm probably fretting a little too much there..."

"Ah yes off course...please forgive me my lady."
Hans said with a little bow and your Avatar felt allot less miffed.
"I will be careful what I ask about her in the future Mr Wainwright."
Hans said and gave you another apologetic look.
He chuckled, "Well, that soothed her bruised dignity a bit, at least... Thank you."

"It is still rather...horrifying that the Nephandi are treating even their own like this."
Crexia muttered and shook her head.
He nodded, "Horrifying and unexpected - I very much doubt Abigail knew of this betrayal; it seems her questions about what happened to the Widderslaintes were answered by 'captured by the Traditionalists' mostly. It would appear we make more or less easy scapegoats..."

"Well we know that for an Avatar to attach to a physical being they have to have a human soul, or rather that is not exactly right there have been a few instances of Awakened animals, particularly dolphins and cats, but there is a certain sort of soul it have to attach to, for example a pure blooded fay can not Awaken as they do not have human souls."
Cita explained.
"What you propose is possible, but it is also possible that Miss Carlyle's Avatar have been spliced with lesser Ephemera and as this spirit matter is affected by trying to banish it that hurt the Avatar itself and by that also the host. I hope you are not right fo it would be truly horrific if it was the case however it is impossible to know for sure why Miss Carlyle seam to react with pain when her soul are attempted banished."
The Virtual Adept said and Crexia nodded her agreement.
He pondered, "Alright, so that's a less plausible explanation, then... Sort of reassuring, I suppose..."

"I am not so sure we can give this thing you describe any other mercy than death Mr Wainwright and you know the Traditions will want it gone...but at least we might with this find a way to take down those Labyrinths and keep the world moving..."
The spirit healer said and looked down.
He frowned and nodded slowly, "No, I don't expect there is anything kinder we can offer it. However... you might be able to learn something of how it was modified - it might give you some valuable insights in mending injured Avatars with, well, the equivalent of transplants and prosthetics, I suppose. Not, of course, that I'm suggesting you should cobble together Umbroods with Avatars for patchwork repairs, but you might glean something useful from examinations nonetheless. Miss Carlyle's Avatar might on some level appreciate that notion, since it appears to remember some of what it once was - what it is supposed to be."

He nodded, "Rather like a proximity sensor on a Tesla coil - something gets too close, and we all hear the music..."

"It should not matter that much where we are when this is attempted, at first I will just be binding the Avatar into a computer program that will act as it's proxy host, I can set the programs needed up and another Virtual Adept of a similar Paradigm to mind can use those tools once I have prepared them but I would not want to put anyone else in danger."
She said and Hans shook his head.
"You are to important to the Traditions to risk loosing Master Telar, I can do it."
He said and Cita begun to protest.
"My life is not more important than anyone else's Master Harris."
She said and he shook his head again.
"No but your skills and knowledge are, we need your skills with Avatars Master Telar...loosing one Virtual Adept is a loss any dead Tradition mage is a loss, looking your skills however would be far worse."
He said softly and Cita looked down a bit embarrassed, not really knowing what to say.
He nodded, "Not to downplay Master Harris' value to the Traditions as a whole, or the Virtual Adepts in particular, but he is correct - you are essentially the undisputed top specialist on Avatars and the healing and care thereof in the entirety of the Traditions, as I understand it, with the only true contender for the title acknowledging your superior skill. Putting you at risk would be... simply unacceptable, especially as far as your patients are concerned. Besides... we'll need the Heart operating at full capacity soon enough, I fear..."

Adjan read what you had written and nodded.
"Well it was under attack at the time so it probably did not show it's most friendly side at the time, however if that broken Avatar still have some part of it's higher nature intact, do you think there is any chance we can reason with it. I mean we are planning out ehm creative ways to destroy it and contain it and how to hurt it into submission, but perhaps there is some chance we can talk with it?"
"I guess not...but it would be preferable to having to attack it...I mean if all it want is for the safety of it's host perhaps we could offer it that Matty could leave...unharmed and it could take it's host somewhere else and be out of our hair..."
The Euthanatos suggested a bit hesitantly as he handed your notebook back.
"It can be conversed with..."
Colin frowned, "It can converse with someone able to sense spirits - Adley managed to share his senses with me in the storm drains, and miss Carlyle's Avatar... A part of it is feral, malicious, but that timid part of it that was once a normal Avatar can be reasoned with... It was spooked by my Avatar, and that is how I was able to convince it to retreat; I've no guarantee I can scare it off again, but... combined with the assorted weapons and defenses we're contemplating, it might be possible. That will, of course, leave us no closer to a permanent solution, but it could get her out of our hair in the immediate crisis. Maybe."

((OOC: Well, I suppose the Virtual Adept way is better than the Akashic Brotherhood version: There's A Slap For That. Wink ))

((OOC2: Welp, Mage again Sunday. I'll get to play my young Echoes-ridden would-be Ghostbuster... I suspect he'd be jealous of Adley's problems in that regard - my guy has a belt-length white wizard's beard that he can't get rid of. Think Tim Allen's Santa Clause beard growth, only bigger, lusher and longer... Very Happy ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:00 am

Colin smiled wryly, "A great gift, but why must it remind me so of the Trojan Horse? Ah, I'm probably fretting a little too much there..."

"You probably are Mr Wainwright but yes there are benefits and drawbacks to everything, including this gift you have been given."
Crexia said in a friendly tone of voice.

He chuckled, "Well, that soothed her bruised dignity a bit, at least... Thank you."

"I am glad to hear it."
Hans said with a bit of a smile.
"It is quite the lady you got there."

He nodded, "Horrifying and unexpected - I very much doubt Abigail knew of this betrayal; it seems her questions about what happened to the Widderslaintes were answered by 'captured by the Traditionalists' mostly. It would appear we make more or less easy scapegoats..."

"It would appear so indeed, Ido wonder what Abigail would do if she should figure out what have happened to her underlings though..."
Crexia said and leaned back in her chair.
"Perhaps something that can be used to get her to talk if we manage to capture her alive."
Joakim looked up.
"Oh we will get her alive Lady Crexia...we will I am not dealing with her widderslainte a few years down the line."

He pondered, "Alright, so that's a less plausible explanation, then... Sort of reassuring, I suppose..."

"Less plausible yes but still disturbingly possible."
Cita said and looked up from her computer.

He frowned and nodded slowly, "No, I don't expect there is anything kinder we can offer it. However... you might be able to learn something of how it was modified - it might give you some valuable insights in mending injured Avatars with, well, the equivalent of transplants and prosthetics, I suppose. Not, of course, that I'm suggesting you should cobble together Umbroods with Avatars for patchwork repairs, but you might glean something useful from examinations nonetheless. Miss Carlyle's Avatar might on some level appreciate that notion, since it appears to remember some of what it once was - what it is supposed to be."

Cita nodded sadly.
"I will examine it if we manage to capture this creature Mr Wainwright and perhaps I will learn something yes. I hope that can give it some meaning, for it is such a meaningless thing that have been done to it."
The Virtual Adept spirit healer said.
"I do not know what I might learn but yes perhaps it is a way to use lesser Ephemera, not from a conscious being like an Umbrood but from what I can create to repair broken Avatars...perhaps...we are going to have to see. First things first we do need to capture it, then we can decide what to do with it."

He nodded, "Not to downplay Master Harris' value to the Traditions as a whole, or the Virtual Adepts in particular, but he is correct - you are essentially the undisputed top specialist on Avatars and the healing and care thereof in the entirety of the Traditions, as I understand it, with the only true contender for the title acknowledging your superior skill. Putting you at risk would be... simply unacceptable, especially as far as your patients are concerned. Besides... we'll need the Heart operating at full capacity soon enough, I fear..."

"I...but..."
Cita begun to protest then she looked down again.
"You praise me to much Mr Wainwright and I...do not like others being in danger where I could have done the job. But I guess I have patients to care for...and the heart but I still do not like it, I do not like it one bit!"

Colin frowned, "It can converse with someone able to sense spirits - Adley managed to share his senses with me in the storm drains, and miss Carlyle's Avatar... A part of it is feral, malicious, but that timid part of it that was once a normal Avatar can be reasoned with... It was spooked by my Avatar, and that is how I was able to convince it to retreat; I've no guarantee I can scare it off again, but... combined with the assorted weapons and defenses we're contemplating, it might be possible. That will, of course, leave us no closer to a permanent solution, but it could get her out of our hair in the immediate crisis. Maybe."

"I guess you are right Colin it is no permanent solution but it might be a safer one in regards to taking down Abigail and her Labyrinth and giving us time for a proper response to that thing, it needs killing, I am not disputing that, however if we can get it to leave willingly, that might be better in the here and now."
Adjan said and sigh.
"If it is spooked by you and it sees our weapons against it perhaps that will be enough to convince it that it's host will be safer staying out of this."

(OOC: That is more you have a problem, there is a meditation for that, unless they go Xavier on your ass and you no longer think you have a problem.)

(OOC: Well you know that beard and a flamethrower...Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:58 pm

"I am glad to hear it."
Hans said with a bit of a smile.
"It is quite the lady you got there."
Colin grinned, "Indeed she is - took over the reins and saved me twice now, in fact."

"It would appear so indeed, Ido wonder what Abigail would do if she should figure out what have happened to her underlings though..."
Crexia said and leaned back in her chair.
"Perhaps something that can be used to get her to talk if we manage to capture her alive."
Joakim looked up.
"Oh we will get her alive Lady Crexia...we will I am not dealing with her widderslainte a few years down the line."
Colin's eyes flickered down toward the thermos on the floor, so briefly it might not be noticable, and his eyes hardened as he nodded, "She'll not escape through death if I can help it... If possible, we should have some suppressant handcuffs or serum doses and some easily distributable means of healing - I've observed the Union's rather ethically questionable regenerative serum; it's very efficient, and can seemingly be used by anyone, but if there's a less... distasteful means available, I'd prefer that."
He glanced over at Joakim, "Hm, would healing potions be something that could be whipped up quickly for such a purpose?"

Cita nodded sadly.
"I will examine it if we manage to capture this creature Mr Wainwright and perhaps I will learn something yes. I hope that can give it some meaning, for it is such a meaningless thing that have been done to it."
The Virtual Adept spirit healer said.
"I do not know what I might learn but yes perhaps it is a way to use lesser Ephemera, not from a conscious being like an Umbrood but from what I can create to repair broken Avatars...perhaps...we are going to have to see. First things first we do need to capture it, then we can decide what to do with it."
He sighed, "Perhaps the chance to reclaim a shadow of its former purpose will give it some measure of peace, at least... Hum... Wait... Bugger me, there's an important question - what would that disgusting suppressant serum do to miss Carlyle's Avatar? Might that serve to confuse and distract it, rather than set it off in a berserker rage?"

"I...but..."
Cita begun to protest then she looked down again.
"You praise me to much Mr Wainwright and I...do not like others being in danger where I could have done the job. But I guess I have patients to care for...and the heart but I still do not like it, I do not like it one bit!"
He shook his head with a smile, "No, I don't think I do... by all accounts I've heard, that assessment is quite accurate; there's none other with your particular finesse and expertise. Mr. Karyak might surpass you someday, if he gets that far, but I think you'll be unchallenged for decades yet."

"I guess you are right Colin it is no permanent solution but it might be a safer one in regards to taking down Abigail and her Labyrinth and giving us time for a proper response to that thing, it needs killing, I am not disputing that, however if we can get it to leave willingly, that might be better in the here and now."
Adjan said and sigh.
"If it is spooked by you and it sees our weapons against it perhaps that will be enough to convince it that it's host will be safer staying out of this."
He nodded, "I would be willing to try to persuade them to leave - but I fear miss Carlyle's loyalty to Abigail, whether of her own accord or due to some hold Abigail likely has over her, will keep her there to fight..."

((OOC: Well, that really boils down to whether the Akashics in question think they have to think something or Do something. Wink ))

((OOC2: Oh, dear - an evergrowing supply of flammable material... Not good. O.o Freeze gun, coming up! Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:35 pm

Colin grinned, "Indeed she is - took over the reins and saved me twice now, in fact."

"She must like you then Mr Wainwright, and she seams to be quite special."
Hans said and nodded acknowledgingly.

Colin's eyes flickered down toward the thermos on the floor, so briefly it might not be noticable, and his eyes hardened as he nodded, "She'll not escape through death if I can help it... If possible, we should have some suppressant handcuffs or serum doses and some easily distributable means of healing -

"I will make sure that when we assault the Labyrinth we have with us supplies to take a mage captive, and we will bring with us healers indeed both for our own people and in case we capture one of the Nephandi and they are wounded. No we can not let Abigail escape through death..."
Joakim said in a hard tone of voice though he did not seam to have notice your eyes going to the container with Isabella's blood.

I've observed the Union's rather ethically questionable regenerative serum; it's very efficient, and can seemingly be used by anyone, but if there's a less... distasteful means available, I'd prefer that."
He glanced over at Joakim, "Hm, would healing potions be something that could be whipped up quickly for such a purpose?"

"To be used as a tool yes then healing potions are viable for for something that can be used by anyone, yes several of our linear magi can make such things. I will ask a bit around and see what can be arranged."
The old hedge wizard said.
"I have heard of the Progenitor's serums...and how they are made."
He muttered a bit distastefully.
"My Swan is Awakened but she might be able to manufacture healing potions as well."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I will ask her to create a few for us, she can make some that can be used by others. Also I think Mr Horton have a serum he use when treating his patients and it is rather effective I do not know if anyone but him can use it though."
She said.

He sighed, "Perhaps the chance to reclaim a shadow of its former purpose will give it some measure of peace, at least... Hum... Wait... Bugger me, there's an important question - what would that disgusting suppressant serum do to miss Carlyle's Avatar? Might that serve to confuse and distract it, rather than set it off in a berserker rage?"

"Perhaps yes if it could reclaim a small piece of what it is supposed to be then it could find some peace, but if it is Fallen the Traditions...well let us just say it will only be a final bit of peace and I am not sure I can do it."
Cita said and shook her head.
"I do not know actually, that serum usually disturb the Quintessence flow between Avatar and host but it do not actually affect the Avatar itself, but with Miss Carlyle's unique condition it might end up confusing that Avatar or well get any other kind of reaction from it and I am not so sure it would be wise to do without testing, at least not without testing on someone that have a similar condition and we do not have many of those."

He shook his head with a smile, "No, I don't think I do... by all accounts I've heard, that assessment is quite accurate; there's none other with your particular finesse and expertise. Mr. Karyak might surpass you someday, if he gets that far, but I think you'll be unchallenged for decades yet."

"I...well...that is quite flattering Mr Wainwright...I still do not like the idea of someone else being in danger instead of me. And yes Mr Karyak have allot of potential, especially when he gets some maturity as well."
Cita said and looked down.

He nodded, "I would be willing to try to persuade them to leave - but I fear miss Carlyle's loyalty to Abigail, whether of her own accord or due to some hold Abigail likely has over her, will keep her there to fight..."

"You are probably right Colin, it would be practical if Miss Carlyle and her Avatar could be persuaded to leave but it is not very likely to happen. I guess we will go for our trap idea then, keeping it in check with banishing rotes and then have one of the Adepts trap it in a computer...even if that concept sounds rather alien to me."
Adjan said and glanced at Hans and Cita.
"Ehm no offense Masters..."
Hans shrugged.
"Non taken Mr Terach."
He said and Cita gave the Euthanatos a bit of a smile.

About that moment there was a soft tap at the door and Joakim rose to maneuver around the group of magi gathered in his tiny office to open the door, he spoke with a young girl waiting outside and then nodded and thanked her before closing the door again.
"There is a man outside wanting to speak with those who are handling the situation with the Labyrinth  and Lisa Larson...and Eleena did not know who he was, and as far as I know she have met all the magi in the Tribunal."
He said and frowned.
"We I should go and see who is at the door and what they want let us finalize our plans for how to deal with Miss Carlyle for now and see to the banishings and enchantments we need done and meet up again once preparations are done to decide on how and when to go after the Labyrinth."

(OOC: Well they do allot of Do. Razz )

(OOC 2: Hehehe)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:12 pm

"She must like you then Mr Wainwright, and she seams to be quite special."
Hans said and nodded acknowledgingly.
Colin grinned wryly, "You wouldn't know the half of it..."

"To be used as a tool yes then healing potions are viable for for something that can be used by anyone, yes several of our linear magi can make such things. I will ask a bit around and see what can be arranged."
The old hedge wizard said.
"I have heard of the Progenitor's serums...and how they are made."
He muttered a bit distastefully.
"My Swan is Awakened but she might be able to manicure healing potions as well."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I will ask her to create a few for us, she can make some that can be used by others. Also I think Mr Horton have a serum he use when treating his patients and it is rather effective I do not know if anyone but him can use it though."
She said.
He nodded, looking down at the maps, "Good; that should cover those bases, at least... There'll be enough of us who don't know the healing arts or mundane medicine; giving us some means to stall death would be useful..."

"Perhaps yes if it could reclaim a small piece of what it is supposed to be then it could find some peace, but if it is Fallen the Traditions...well let us just say it will only be a final bit of peace and I am not sure I can do it."
Cita said and shook her head.
"I do not know actually, that serum usually disturb the Quintessence flow between Avatar and host but it do not actually affect the Avatar itself, but with Miss Carlyle's unique condition it might end up confusing that Avatar or well get any other kind of reaction from it and I am not so sure it would be wise to do without testing, at least not without testing on someone that have a similar condition and we do not have many of those."
He frowned, "So let's be cautious with that , too, then. Good thing I thought to ask."

About that moment there was a soft tap at the door and Joakim rose to maneuver around the group of magi gathered in his tiny office to open the door, he spoke with a young girl waiting outside and then nodded and thanked her before closing the door again.
"There is a man outside wanting to speak with those who are handling the situation with the Labyrinth and Lisa Larson...and Eleena did not know who he was, and as far as I know she have met all the magi in the Tribunal."
He said and frowned.
"We I should go and see who is at the door and what they want let us finalize our plans for how to deal with Miss Carlyle for now and see to the banishings and enchantments we need done and meet up again once preparations are done to decide on how and when to go after the Labyrinth."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Well, this sounds like a good time to ask Eleena for a description. Such as if he's carrying any... wait, Lisa Larson?"
He quickly drew the pistol from his pocket, checked it over quickly, and returned it to his pocket and keeping his hand on it, taking a few brisk steps toward the door, "Sir, perhaps one of the Bostonites should answer this one, just in case? Adley, Adjan... would you mind covering my back?"

((OOC: While I'm not going to question Swan's skills, I'm not sure manicuring potions is going to be very effective. I'm going to assume that's your autocorrect being bratty again, though. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Colin grinned wryly, "You wouldn't know the half of it..."

"No...I suspect I don't. Well take good care of her then Mr Wainwright, I am sure she choose you for a reason, they always do."
Hans said and smiled.

He nodded, looking down at the maps, "Good; that should cover those bases, at least... There'll be enough of us who don't know the healing arts or mundane medicine; giving us some means to stall death would be useful..."

"I will speak with the relevant Chantry members and see what can be done on that front."
Joakim said and nodded.
"I will speak with Swan, and yes we are going to try to make sure that each group when we attack the Labyrinth have at least some means of healing with them."
Crexia agreed.

He frowned, "So let's be cautious with that , too, then. Good thing I thought to ask."

"Yes indeed Mr Wainwright and we should be cautious with it as we do not know how the Avatar would react to such a serum in it's host's system."
Cita said and nodded before she returned her attention to her computer again.

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Well, this sounds like a good time to ask Eleena for a description. Such as if he's carrying any... wait, Lisa Larson?"
He quickly drew the pistol from his pocket, checked it over quickly, and returned it to his pocket and keeping his hand on it, taking a few brisk steps toward the door,

"The apprentice said that the caller is a tall, thin Asian man I can call her back for a better description."
Joakim said then he raised an eyebrow when you checked your weapon.
"You are thinking he might be here to cause trouble...that would be quite stupid of him Mr Wainwright we are around sixty Awakened magi at this Chantry, but yes according to Eleena ehm Miss Point the caller did mention Lisa Larson."
He said and got a bit more alert himself.

"Sir, perhaps one of the Bostonites should answer this one, just in case? Adley, Adjan... would you mind covering my back?"

"If you wish Mr Wainwright, but if you suspect this visit is trouble do be careful."
Joakim said and now he sounded a bit concerned. Adjan stood up straighter from where he had been leaning on the wall.
"It depends on what Adley prefers. I can go with you if he wanted to start on the rotes the Hermetics are planning, but then again he is your Cabalmate so he might want to keep an eye on you himself."
The Euthanatos said with a bit of a wry grin at that last part and looked over at Adley to see what he thought about the matter.

(OOC: Ooops my auto correct hates me, then again I am sure there are some mage who paint nails for a foci. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Crexia nodded. "We will get on those two tasks as soon as we are done planning then." She declared. "I will take care of rousing some of the others."

"Thank you, ma'am," he said, then wrote, 'Should I give you my contact number?'

He nodded, "Rather like a proximity sensor on a Tesla coil - something gets too close, and we all hear the music...

From the look on his face, he didn't understand what a Tesla coil had to do with anything (or what one was) but as long as they both had the approximate idea he was satisfied. He was sure that Dylan would have gotten it and that bit of his memories that remained within his avatar was busy facepalming.

"I...but..."Cita begun to protest then she looked down again."You praise me to much Mr Wainwright and I...do not like others being in danger where I could have done the job. But I guess I have patients to care for...and the heart but I still do not like it, I do not like it one bit!"

He frowned a bit and started to say something but Hans and Colin voiced most of his comments first. He looked like he agreed with them, though and wrote out a short note to pass to her once it was clear her upset was still present. He understood how she felt, at least somewhat. After all, he and Joquim faced the similar question, to greater or lesser degrees. He too wanted to do all he could do and would do it, up to the point it became diminishing returns.

'I must concur. Your expertise is unique and we have just suffered the loss of two Masters of Spirit. Additionally, your history with events is important as well and you have and will have patients to help. No doubt there will be more things you are able to do than press a button on the trap - devising it is a challenge only you can do but it is a job for someone who can push a button, not for someone who can heal an avatar. Such is a rare gift that we will sorely need after all this is said and done. I understand your reluctance and I share it but they are right.'

"My Swan is Awakened but she might be able to manufacture healing potions as well."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I will ask her to create a few for us, she can make some that can be used by others. Also I think Mr Horton have a serum he use when treating his patients and it is rather effective I do not know if anyone but him can use it though.

Adley wrote down a bit about this idea, trying to keep tabs on what was on the table. At least there were some choices now, more than just one.

"I guess you are right Colin it is no permanent solution but it might be a safer one in regards to taking down Abigail and her Labyrinth and giving us time for a proper response to that thing, it needs killing, I am not disputing that, however if we can get it to leave willingly, that might be better in the here and now." Adjan said and sigh. "If it is spooked by you and it sees our weapons against it perhaps that will be enough to convince it that it's host will be safer staying out of this."
"You are probably right Colin, it would be practical if Miss Carlyle and her Avatar could be persuaded to leave but it is not very likely to happen. I guess we will go for our trap idea then, keeping it in check with banishing rotes and then have one of the Adepts trap it in a computer...even if that concept sounds rather alien to me."
Adjan said and glanced at Hans and Cita.
"Ehm no offense Masters..."
Hans shrugged.
"Non taken Mr Terach."

He too looked doutbful and  a bit saddened, writing out as the others delved into the viability of such a thing. Then he handed the note to Adjan and Colin.

'I think that that part of it, that horrified part, it's control over that rageful part of itself was mostly expended during our meeting with it or it may be damaged from the attempt to destroy it. I do not believe we will have the ability to ascertain that, nor sit and have a chat in the middle of a Labyrinth raid, with other hostiles and the umbrood self on the defense. After all, it did not come out during the last battle. Nor can we let it run off to attack us when it senses our weakness, say if one of us were injured or had our back to it. The consequences are too dire but putting it into a trap or setting it into a different time might afford us more options than we can come up with right now. As well, if I recall and please correct me if I am wrong, she is the one with the death-enchantment necklace. We can't let her have a chance to employ that.'

"I was thinking the same thing Mr Roth Hicks, it should not be to hard to do as soon as I get back to my laptop." Hans replied and nodded.

He nodded, and began to write down a rough to do list.

"The idea of dragging that Avatar into a computer program is target based as so should not affect your lodger, general banishment and wards against spirits though will affect it, now the shard is rather protected inside of your Avatar but it could be an issue. I could create a protection for you that will shield it from outside influence for a while, though such a rote will not work for long."

He looked over the note and then nodded, looked up at her and gave the signs for 'OK,' 'please' and 'thank you.'

"There is a man outside wanting to speak with those who are handling the situation with the Labyrinth  and Lisa Larson...and Eleena did not know who he was, and as far as I know she have met all the magi in the Tribunal."
He said and frowned.

"Now what...?" he said, mostly to himself. To date, everything that had popped up had been bad, bad news. He found himself steeling for more trouble, eyeing the door with suspicion.

He quickly drew the pistol from his pocket, checked it over quickly, and returned it to his pocket and keeping his hand on it, taking a few brisk steps toward the door, "Sir, perhaps one of the Bostonites should answer this one, just in case? Adley, Adjan... would you mind covering my back?"

Adley looked ready to go at the request but then looked over at Adjan as he began to speak. He did not think that the description was in depth enough for him to pinpoint anyone, save for their cabalmate and if it was Dr Lee then he wondered what he was doing at the door knocking like a stranger. 'What is their name?" he requested.

"If you wish Mr Wainwright, but if you suspect this visit is trouble do be careful." Joakim said and now he sounded a bit concerned. Adjan stood up straighter from where he had been leaning on the wall. "It depends on what Adley prefers. I can go with you if he wanted to start on the rotes the Hermetics are planning, but then again he is your Cabalmate so he might want to keep an eye on you himself."
The Euthanatos said with a bit of a wry grin at that last part and looked over at Adley to see what he thought about the matter.

He frowned a little, he wanted to go with Colin but there was only so much time and much to do. He then nodded to Adjan. "While you are right, I do want to do that, I trust you," he said simply to Adjan. Then he eyed Colin. "Be careful. Remember the trouble before we left," he said, meaning the banes. Who knew who was out there and someone in Chicago who knew about Lisa did not really sit easily with him. "If you need me, you know where I am but perhaps it would not be out of order for ."

// we're gonna need a bigger u-boat? lol@all the puns.

ooc2: that's a great Echo - Gandalf/Merlin/Dumbledore beard. Poor dude xD Be careful lighting your pipeweed ; )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top