Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:27 am

From your notes you can summarize the following:
A strong banishing did send Matty's Avatar away for some time, a few minutes, and it did appear to cause the Nephandus herself some degree of pain, the soul did return to attack though.
Matty's soul is aware of what have been done to it and it do not like it, the thing longs for destruction but it will do nothing that will hurt it's host.
The girl's Avatar seamed to be afraid of Colin, though it's fear seamed to be based on a worry that if he hurt it then that would in turn hurt Matty.
The Avatar seamed capable both of physical and spiritual attacks.

Mattea Carlyle is Jodelle Jerkins' student but her first mentor who she clearly loved was a Hermetic convicted of kidnapping Orphan mages and sacrificing them to the Avatar Eaters on Horizon, the man was sentenced to Gilgul and his young student witnessed the ritual, she later sold herself to the creatures the Infernalist faction of the Nephandi worship to never be the victim of such a ritual. Matty's first Mentor was a Hermetic and Jodelle was kept in captivity by one and seamed to have somewhat Hermetic similar methods to her magick so it is likely Matty do as well.

Matty appear to be good at Spirit and other non physical manipulations with magick, though she did not attack herself when you picked up Carmon but rather sent her allies and her Avatar preferring to stay safe herself and summon help fro the spirit world, she is powerful enough to summon a lesser Outsider Thing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:53 am

"It's the exact -opposite- of a mild consolation."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "You do not approve of a sympathetic link to any wards the Tremere might have been commissioned for the Labyrinth?"

"Let's get started on working alternatives before I throw that into the nearest fire to give us the necessary impetus." He turned back to him, "Because no, we do not -have to- and because no, any solution is not better than none at all."
He nodded soberly, "You are not throwing this into a fire for impetus, Adley... I'll be all too glad to finally open the thermos and pour it out myself after we've hit Abigail's Labyrinth, but not before. Keep in mind, miss Carlyle was alone against a score of Mages, many of them Masters, and her Avatar wiped the floor with them. Tactically, what I hold here is the equivalent of dropping nukes on two civilian cities to bring Japan to the negotiations table. Horrible, unspeakably so, even... but ultimately less costly in terms of suffering and loss of life than the conventional alternative. That said, if the timeskip alternative is viable, that's a good solution to the immediate problem... but it's an immediate problem that we can't afford not to solve, and in this case, a bad solution is, in fact, better than none at all..."

"Let's go over what we know, the perceived arena of the battle...what we highly speculate..."
He nodded and fished out the set of maps of the Labyrinth again, "Now that is a sentiment I can fully support, at least... It's fairly plausible that we'll find miss Carlyle here..." he indicated the room labeled as 'Matty's room', "...quite likely in some degree of incapacitation. If she's temporarily too cripped to be a threat, then that is that, but I genuinely doubt that is the case. We're lucky, but not THAT lucky... Hum, the broken little bastard is able to pick up Magi and fling them across the battlefield, or physically crack their heads - would you say that implies sufficient physical manifestation so as to render it vulnerable to mundane weapons?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:52 am

(OOC: Adley would not know when it comes to Avatars all he knows is that they are supposed to sit in the mage's soul but if they work anything like spirits then it depends, if it is actually manifested fully into physical reality then it is a chance physical attacks will work, but if it is reflecting into the physical world even if it then can affect the world it would not be hurt more by physical attacks then you would if someone broke a mirror that held your reflection and it is hard to say exactly which a spirit is doing without examining it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, "You do not approve of a sympathetic link to any wards the Tremere might have been commissioned for the Labyrinth?

"Explain."

He nodded soberly, "You are not throwing this into a fire for impetus, Adley... I'll be all too glad to finally open the thermos and pour it out myself after we've hit Abigail's Labyrinth, but not before. Keep in mind, miss Carlyle was alone against a score of Mages, many of them Masters, and her Avatar wiped the floor with them. Tactically, what I hold here is the equivalent of dropping nukes on two civilian cities to bring Japan to the negotiations table. Horrible, unspeakably so, even... but ultimately less costly in terms of suffering and loss of life than the conventional alternative. That said, if the timeskip alternative is viable, that's a good solution to the immediate problem... but it's an immediate problem that we can't afford not to solve, and in this case, a bad solution is, in fact, better than none at all..."

"Who are you trying to convince, me or you?" he said. "If it's the former, don't bother to waste our time. I've already asked myself how far would I go to solve a problem or to get what I want, repeatedly. And there are some things I won't do, it seems even to get what I want, and yet another solution managed to be found because we had to. So let me be more clear. I'm not doing it, I don't think anyone else does either and I'm not investing more energy or time into thinking about doing it. You can write me up for insubordination or the Chief can, you can tell me I told you so if it turns out bad, but sometimes any solution -is- worse than none at all. That is how she probably thought, isn't it? And others of our concern. I am done being put in a corner to expose how low would I go and how much of myself would I give up. What else of us will be left after this shit is done, if we keep thinking this way?"

He nodded and fished out the set of maps of the Labyrinth again, "Now that is a sentiment I can fully support, at least... It's fairly plausible that we'll find miss Carlyle here..." he indicated the room labeled as 'Matty's room', "...quite likely in some degree of incapacitation. If she's temporarily too cripped to be a threat, then that is that, but I genuinely doubt that is the case. We're lucky, but not THAT lucky... Hum, the broken little bastard is able to pick up Magi and fling them across the battlefield, or physically crack their heads - would you say that implies sufficient physical manifestation so as to render it vulnerable to mundane weapons?"

He glanced over at the map and nodded and then began pacing again, stopping to scratch down Colin's notes down on the notebook with a tilted head. "I don't know," he said though it seemed he was still musing. "It's hard to say anything definitive in such a novel situation," he said, trying to think back to what he'd seen, how it had acted once in the sewer with them. Had it minded floors, walls, the ceiling as if they were substantial? He looked at the page and then began to write again, handing the book to him to read over, which contained the above plus:

'The first thing to do will be to find her in the maze. The Labyrinth is in the Umbra, constructed by magick with some mechanical aspects built by vampires and crafted flesh and ephemera. Of the mechanical parts is a rotating room system. What if we can trap her in her room, using the umbra and perhaps this time trap idea of yours? Similar to the idea of the umbra trap to laminate an enemy in place. I doubt that their own rooms would be made of magick-blocking bricks. Or break the mechanisms that create the rotational effect. The locations of things inside the umbra are relational in a different way. We might have a shot at finding her if we can use a sympathetic link to drive the spell's location. We have her mentor who likely uses some of the same techniques and have taught her and been around her for some time now. It might be possible to sense the print of a mentor's style or energies within a student's if you know what or whom, you are looking for or see if there is some arcane connection that can be sensed between the two. If they are true Hermetic barrabbi, this will be harder to do but it could still work. You have the knife, a fairly strong item imprinted with her mentor's resonance.'
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:36 pm

trying to think back to what he'd seen, how it had acted once in the sewer with them. Had it minded floors, walls, the ceiling as if they were substantial? He looked at the page and then began to write again, handing the book to him to read over, which contained the above plus:

It did not seam to mind walls nor could Colin see it without your help, meaning it was not fully manifested he would have been able to see a fully manifested spirit as they where there in the room with you, it was more likely that Matty's Avatar could affect the physical world but that it was not fully manifested just like the Brothers could. The soul did behave erratically though, and it had gone for your Avatar but with this strike team it had clearly chosen to attack them physically and with force, though that might be because it needed them out of the way quickly to protect it's host. It did seam like protecting Matty was the only thing the twisted soul had left and it was the only thing that stood between it and either seeking out destruction or becoming a ravaging beast.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:20 pm

"Explain."
Colin nodded, "It was something miss Jarden mentioned, which did give me grounds for pause, at least for a moment - we know the Tremere have been exchanging... favours with Abigail's mand of miscreants. If they have been commissioned for some wards of any variety, a few drops of Tremere blood might well serve as a useful, well, crowbar to pry the ward apart, for lack of a more delicate description. It would be arrogant to assume any Tremere's blood would act as a key, but it just might be enough to use the lineage as a sympathetic connection to any work they've done. That is, of course, on the off chance they've set up anything there. It's unlikely, I'll admit, but not completely implausible. Not when you consider the Labyrinth has suffered a substantial self-inflicted loss of manpower recently."

"Who are you trying to convince, me or you?"
He shook his head sadly, "Perhaps a bit of both..."

"If it's the former, don't bother to waste our time. I've already asked myself how far would I go to solve a problem or to get what I want, repeatedly. And there are some things I won't do, it seems even to get what I want, and yet another solution managed to be found because we had to. So let me be more clear. I'm not doing it, I don't think anyone else does either and I'm not investing more energy or time into thinking about doing it. You can write me up for insubordination or the Chief can, you can tell me I told you so if it turns out bad, but sometimes any solution -is- worse than none at all. That is how she probably thought, isn't it? And others of our concern. I am done being put in a corner to expose how low would I go and how much of myself would I give up. What else of us will be left after this shit is done, if we keep thinking this way?"
He nodded and replied softly, "I'm not going to put that on anyone else... If all else - absolutely everything else - fails, I'll do it myself... even knowing what will happen to the fragments at that point. But with any other options yet to be tried - such as the prison you suggested, or the timeskip - that thermos is going to remain closed and snugly wrapped in cellophane to prevent accidental leaks. And God willing, that will be the case until we're back outside and it can be disposed of safely. No, I won't write you up for insubordination; not when you are right... and especially not when what I have laid out is only wrong, even if it's a plan to save lives..."

He glanced over at the map and nodded and then began pacing again, stopping to scratch down Colin's notes down on the notebook with a tilted head. "I don't know," he said though it seemed he was still musing. "It's hard to say anything definitive in such a novel situation," he said, trying to think back to what he'd seen, how it had acted once in the sewer with them. Had it minded floors, walls, the ceiling as if they were substantial? He looked at the page and then began to write again, handing the book to him to read over, which contained the above plus:

'The first thing to do will be to find her in the maze. The Labyrinth is in the Umbra, constructed by magick with some mechanical aspects built by vampires and crafted flesh and ephemera. Of the mechanical parts is a rotating room system. What if we can trap her in her room, using the umbra and perhaps this time trap idea of yours? Similar to the idea of the umbra trap to laminate an enemy in place. I doubt that their own rooms would be made of magick-blocking bricks. Or break the mechanisms that create the rotational effect. The locations of things inside the umbra are relational in a different way. We might have a shot at finding her if we can use a sympathetic link to drive the spell's location. We have her mentor who likely uses some of the same techniques and have taught her and been around her for some time now. It might be possible to sense the print of a mentor's style or energies within a student's if you know what or whom, you are looking for or see if there is some arcane connection that can be sensed between the two. If they are true Hermetic barrabbi, this will be harder to do but it could still work. You have the knife, a fairly strong item imprinted with her mentor's resonance.'
He nodded, "Miss Jerkins is trained Tytalus, and miss Carlyle was apprenticed to a Hermetic who was condemned by his own misdeeds... I don't know how good the knife will be as a link to miss Carlyle; the cabochon in it is a very strong link to miss Jerkins' children - that might make it a dengerous tool to use. However, I do like the idea of using miss Carlyle's room as the equivalent of a cat carrier for the future. As for a workable link... Perhaps someone on the ambush team managed to secure a few strands of hair or a few threads from her clothes or something, but if not, I'm sure we could arrange some prepared, portable item - an enchanted pebble or something. An important question, though, is where does her Avatar go when banished? Back to her, or into the Umbra?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:48 am

Colin nodded, "It was something miss Jarden mentioned...It's unlikely, I'll admit, but not completely implausible. Not when you consider the Labyrinth has suffered a substantial self-inflicted loss of manpower recently."

"Perhaps," he said, though he didn't look sure, as if he were turning it around and still not finding merit there that would be worth the risk.

"I'm not going to put that on anyone else... If all else - absolutely everything else - fails, I'll do it myself...No, I won't write you up for insubordination; not when you are right... and especially not when what I have laid out is only wrong, even if it's a plan to save lives..."

"I beg you not to either," he repeated seriously. He turned back to what he was writing instead,quickly outlining what they knew and his general ideas.

He nodded, "Miss Jerkins is trained Tytalus, and miss Carlyle was apprenticed to a Hermetic who was condemned by his own misdeeds... I don't know how good the knife will be as a link to miss Carlyle; the cabochon in it is a very strong link to miss Jerkins' children - that might make it a dengerous tool to use. However, I do like the idea of using miss Carlyle's room as the equivalent of a cat carrier for the future. As for a workable link... Perhaps someone on the ambush team managed to secure a few strands of hair or a few threads from her clothes or something, but if not, I'm sure we could arrange some prepared, portable item - an enchanted pebble or something. An important question, though, is where does her Avatar go when banished? Back to her, or into the Umbra?"

He shook his head slightly, scratched at his beard and then tried to describe the idea again.

'Imagine if every magus had a particular book they will write and as we get better we learn how to elaborate. However, if we have a teacher to learn the alphabet and to read in the first place we will often initially adopt some of their own style and form. We will use the alphabet they taught us rather than another. If someone examined the work of the teacher and the student's work, with enough skill they might pick up those similarities or even purposeful divergences if they knew what to look for. This is the resonance imprint I mean between teacher and the student. I don't know how easy that will be to determine amongst all the rest of the ambient magic. Not very, so having a strong an arcane link would help us to locate her. A combination of prime, correspondence perhaps the ars fatii could help us perceive the similarities in resonance. There could be more than one way to do something like that. The point is that we will not have time to chase her down and risk falling into the labyrinth's traps not to mention all the defenders or get cornered by her avatar and her avatar wants to protect her and that is what we can try to use to trap them both.

'As for the avatar, when we fought it, I do not believe it was entirely manifested into the material plane in the same way as a manifested umbrood that has crossed the Gauntlet. For one, you could not see it until I shared my spirit sight with you in order to perceive it. It seemed to have been able to selectively affect the material world and it was able to attack the strike team like a spirit that can use abilities from beyond the Gauntlet. In turn, it was affected by spirit magic in some way or at least the girl was affected. And I could see it with spirit ars, as if it were an umbrood while seeing an avatar is not easily done. So I would assume it is at least partly in that plane. However, my general idea is to keep the avatar and the girl together in her room and seal it off around them for the time being using some type of magic, not banish it entirely as I do not think that is even possible.

'If her avatar has already started to roam, then we will need to create a perceived threat for it to return to protect Matty and a strong enough banishing does seem to hurt. When we used the banishing before, it caused the girl pain regardless of her physical location and removed the avatar from our immediate area. That may have been because she was hurt and it went to protect her rather than the avatar itself being banished, yet in either case it returned quickly enough so we won't have much time. And when it returns it seems likely to go for the biggest threat. It's either that, or try to track it once the banishing pushes it away. We find the girl and the avatar and we have a way to fold them together, hopefully in her room. We'll need a banishing of good power and some way to enact a trap for the room to keep them there until we can deal with them.'

When he was done, he flipped the page over and finished writing, and then handed it back to Colin.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:06 am

"I beg you not to either," he repeated seriously.
Colin nodded, "Duly noted - and so long as another option is viable, I have no intention to. It's the absolutely last resort... the absolutely last..."

'Imagine if every magus had a particular book they will write and as we get better we learn how to elaborate. However, if we have a teacher to learn the alphabet and to read in the first place we will often initially adopt some of their own style and form. We will use the alphabet they taught us rather than another. If someone examined the work of the teacher and the student's work, with enough skill they might pick up those similarities or even purposeful divergences if they knew what to look for. This is the resonance imprint I mean between teacher and the student. I don't know how easy that will be to determine amongst all the rest of the ambient magic. Not very, so having a strong an arcane link would help us to locate her. A combination of prime, correspondence perhaps the ars fatii could help us perceive the similarities in resonance. There could be more than one way to do something like that. The point is that we will not have time to chase her down and risk falling into the labyrinth's traps not to mention all the defenders or get cornered by her avatar and her avatar wants to protect her and that is what we can try to use to trap them both.
He smiled thinly, "I get the idea, merely pointing out that miss Carlyle started out with a different Mentor - so while they likely share similar methods in broader terms, there are likely do be significant differences any Hermetic might notice, as well. You likely know more about that than me - being privy to Hermetic secrets and all that - but between that possibility and the dagger's very direct association with miss Jerkins' children, I would really prefer if we found a different source of such resonance."
He pondered for a moment, "I suppose a scrap of fabric from miss Jerkins' sleeves might serve better."

'As for the avatar, when we fought it, I do not believe it was entirely manifested into the material plane in the same way as a manifested umbrood that has crossed the Gauntlet. For one, you could not see it until I shared my spirit sight with you in order to perceive it. It seemed to have been able to selectively affect the material world and it was able to attack the strike team like a spirit that can use abilities from beyond the Gauntlet. In turn, it was affected by spirit magic in some way or at least the girl was affected. And I could see it with spirit ars, as if it were an umbrood while seeing an avatar is not easily done. So I would assume it is at least partly in that plane. However, my general idea is to keep the avatar and the girl together in her room and seal it off around them for the time being using some type of magic, not banish it entirely as I do not think that is even possible.
He nodded, "So, maneuvering them like croquet balls and setting them up for the winning move. It could work - God, I hope it works..."

'If her avatar has already started to roam, then we will need to create a perceived threat for it to return to protect Matty and a strong enough banishing does seem to hurt. When we used the banishing before, it caused the girl pain regardless of her physical location and removed the avatar from our immediate area. That may have been because she was hurt and it went to protect her rather than the avatar itself being banished, yet in either case it returned quickly enough so we won't have much time. And when it returns it seems likely to go for the biggest threat. It's either that, or try to track it once the banishing pushes it away. We find the girl and the avatar and we have a way to fold them together, hopefully in her room. We'll need a banishing of good power and some way to enact a trap for the room to keep them there until we can deal with them.'
"I like the sound of this. It's... a good, if rough plan, allowing for wiggle room in case the circumstances get more complicated, and it looks like it can render plan V moot... Nothing today will please me more, up to and including the live captures of Abigail and Lisa Larson..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:20 am

You hear and see the door opening and Joakim entered back into his office, he still looked very pale and worn, but he had perked up a bit from walking around and talking about something else.
"I have informed Mr Willis."
He said.
"And I spoke with Miss Mandis, I will have to debrief the rest of the strike team later."
The old hedge wizard said as he sat down in his chair with a sigh.
"Have you gotten any further when it comes to a plan gentlemen?"
He asked hopefully and it was clear that what he hoped for the most was for some other plan than using vampire blood to stop Mattea Carlyle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:45 am

Colin scratched his cheek thoughtfully, "A little - Adley had some better insights into miss Carlyle's Avatar, and we have something of a plan B... It will require some finesse, but we might have the means to turn her room into the equivalent of a cat carrier for... some period of time."
He smiled thinly, "We just might make it without... that."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:55 am

Joakim looked at you and nodded.
"What will this plan entail and what do we need to enact it?"
He asked as he filled himself a cup of coffee but he did not drink it he just sat there looking down into the dark liquid.
"I have asked Lady Crexia to come to my office once she is done with the wounded, she should be able to tell us what she might be able to assist with."
He muttered still clearly shook up but slowly recovering.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:07 pm

"I get the idea, merely pointing out that miss Carlyle started out with a different Mentor - so while they likely share similar methods in broader terms, there are likely do be significant differences any Hermetic might notice, as well. You likely know more about that than me - being privy to Hermetic secrets and all that - but between that possibility and the dagger's very direct association with miss Jerkins' children, I would really prefer if we found a different source of such resonance." He pondered for a moment, "I suppose a scrap of fabric from miss Jerkins' sleeves might serve better."

"Ah I see, yes that's true, you're right. I misunderstood," he said tapping the pen irritably. He drew a box around the first part of the problem and wrote down in the margin. 'Problem 1: Find Matty, preferably before her avatar finds us. Something direct from Matty would be best, cut out the middle man, to find her. We have the name Mattea Carlyle; we know one of her mentors, we know she has traded her avatar for this ability of hers likely to a demon or somesuch. We could try to ask a spirit to help us track her as well if we have something to use but it's dangerous in the Labyrinth and it might attract the nasty spirits in there.

He nodded, "So, maneuvering them like croquet balls and setting them up for the winning move. It could work - God, I hope it works..."

He gave a nod to him and pointed with the end of the pen. Then wrote again in the margin.'Problem 2: Keep the avatar and the girl neutralized for as long as possible. Try to use her room to make a trap of some kind.' Beneath that he added, [i]We'll be on the other side of the Gauntlet in the umbra so it will be hard just to use the direct rote that someone knows we will have to adapt something that we can set off when we have them ready. If we can make it seem like her room is the safest place then all the better.

"I like the sound of this. It's... a good, if rough plan, allowing for wiggle room in case the circumstances get more complicated, and it looks like it can render plan V moot... Nothing today will please me more, up to and including the live captures of Abigail and Lisa Larson...

'Yes, it's rough. Now we need to figure out the particulars. She will not be the only problem but if we can at least put her out of the way until the caul is destroyed it will do some good.'He offered up the notebook again to him.

You hear and see the door opening and Joakim entered back into his office, he still looked very pale and worn, but he had perked up a bit from walking around and talking about something else. "I have informed Mr Willis."

"Good, thank you sir," he said, then took another scrap of paper and wrote out something as the others spoke.

"And I spoke with Miss Mandis, I will have to debrief the rest of the strike team later." The old hedge wizard said as he sat down in his chair with a sigh. "Have you gotten any further when it comes to a plan gentlemen?"

He handed what he was writing to him. 'I protest plan V and do not want that on the battlefield with us. I refuse to do it. With all due respect to you sir I believe it will do more harm than good. Also, may I please have the note I gave you with the info before back, I wish to destroy them.

"A little - Adley had some better insights into miss Carlyle's Avatar, and we have something of a plan B... It will require some finesse, but we might have the means to turn her room into the equivalent of a cat carrier for... some period of time."
"What will this plan entail and what do we need to enact it?" He asked as he filled himself a cup of coffee but he did not drink it he just sat there looking down into the dark liquid. "I have asked Lady Crexia to come to my office once she is done with the wounded, she should be able to tell us what she might be able to assist with."

He gestured to notebook so the Chief could have a look, handing it over if he had it. It had the broad strokes for the ideas, the notes in the margin giving the problems and possible solutions and complications that they'd discussed so far with regards to Matty. A mug of coffee sat completely full and cooling on the edge of the desk.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:21 pm

"Good, thank you sir," he said, then took another scrap of paper and wrote out something as the others spoke.

Joakim gave you a nod as he sat back down in his chair.

He handed what he was writing to him. 'I protest plan V and do not want that on the battlefield with us. I refuse to do it. With all due respect to you sir I believe it will do more harm than good. Also, may I please have the note I gave you with the info before back, I wish to destroy them.

Joakim read the note and nodded before he handed you the scrap of paper with the emergency address on it back to you he looked rather pale and drawn as he read.
"I understand Sodalis and...it is the last thing in the world I would want to do, however if Miss Carlyle and her Avatar is active when we try to take the Labyrinth then we will not have much chances and we have to take that Labyrinth. I will not order you to do something like that though and I would welcome any alternative."
He muttered.

He gestured to notebook so the Chief could have a look, handing it over if he had it. It had the broad strokes for the ideas, the notes in the margin giving the problems and possible solutions and complications that they'd discussed so far with regards to Matty. A mug of coffee sat completely full and cooling on the edge of the desk.

The hedge wizard read over the notes for the plan and seamed a bit more hopeful.
"Hum...this might work the problem is like you say how do we find Miss Carlyle and how do we get her and her soul back to her room...if we could get her in there, perhaps teleporting her and so try to banish the Avatar...if it then returns to her we could spring the trap...but there is allot of ifs in that plan..."
He said and handed the notebook back to you.
"Allot of ifs."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:52 pm

He took the address paper back and stowed it carefully. "Problem one is a problem no matter what plan is used," he reasoned. "Problem two is one more specific to these ideas." He wrote down again, 'The avatar wants to protect Matty. That seems to be its number one cause to continue aside from destroying. As long as Matty is alive for her to protect, I wager it will try to do so. The banishing hurt Matty somehow and I think that might trigger that protective sense again. If she is already in her room, good. If she sees the room as her number one safe place, better. If she is about, though it is more likely she's hiding while her avatar works, we can try to flush her to her bolt hole. What kind of trap will work? The avatar is the main problem. It is affected by spirit ars in some manner. If a banishing worked so can other measures.

'Besides, I like the idea of giving her a grounding for all of the plight she's caused.'

'Additionally, I have a name and number for contact's daylight companions. They are ready to assist. There was nothing that could yet be gotten from the other situation you asked me to look into, unfortunately.'

Adley wrote down the name and number for the ghouls as well as their expected number that Tyler gave it to him.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:15 pm

He took the address paper back and stowed it carefully. "Problem one is a problem no matter what plan is used," he reasoned. "Problem two is one more specific to these ideas." He wrote down again, 'The avatar wants to protect Matty. That seems to be its number one cause to continue aside from destroying. As long as Matty is alive for her to protect, I wager it will try to do so.

"Miss Mundis said as much, that it seamed like that soul decided to attack and with such force at about the same time that Miss Carlyle started screaming, that even if she got out a few rotes to summon spirits before that, her Avatar first got truly aggressive when it's host was in danger, and we might be able to use that..."
Joakim mushed once he had read what you had written.

The banishing hurt Matty somehow and I think that might trigger that protective sense again. If she is already in her room, good. If she sees the room as her number one safe place, better. If she is about, though it is more likely she's hiding while her avatar works, we can try to flush her to her bolt hole.

"So if a banishing hurts Miss Carlyle or we in other ways put her in danger that should summon that abomination of hers right back to her side, hopefully allowing us to spring out trap before it kills anyone or worse."
He said and frowned.
"The question is how would we maneuver this woman anywhere where such a trap can be set, that is the problem, we will not have many seconds to act. I am not so sure flushing her anywhere would be that easy to do."

What kind of trap will work? The avatar is the main problem. It is affected by spirit ars in some manner. If a banishing worked so can other measures.

"That is the main crux of our problem Sodalis, that Avatar is powerful and since it can act independently it is likely to kill or disable anyone who cast magick against it, so whatever we do to it, will have to be quick. Perhaps what Mr Wainwright spoke about with sending Miss Carlyle forward in time could work as a trap or some sort of way to temporarily trap the soul in some sort of fetish. The problem is that we will be running into some of the same issues as the strike team's Spirit Masters, it is not that the Gilgul rite did not work, it was harming that thing, but it did not work fast enough such a ritual takes a bit of time to perform, the problem is so will anything that would trap the soul itself do..."
Joakim said and frowned again tapping at his coffee mug as he handed you your notebook back with his other hand after he had read the last of your messages.

'Besides, I like the idea of giving her a grounding for all of the plight she's caused.'

"Yes the young lady certainly deserves that."
The hedge wizard said with a bit of a grin.

'Additionally, I have a name and number for contact's daylight companions. They are ready to assist. There was nothing that could yet be gotten from the other situation you asked me to look into, unfortunately.'

"I see that is unfortunate but expected. As for your contact's companions understood as soon as we have a proper plan we should gather the magi that will be involved in this strike on the Labyrinth and also tell these men you speak of to move."
He said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:23 am

"Miss Mundis said as much, that it seamed like that soul decided to attack and with such force at about the same time that Miss Carlyle started screaming, that even if she got out a few rotes to summon spirits before that, her Avatar first got truly aggressive when it's host was in danger, and we might be able to use that..."

He nodded in agreement to that, picked up the mug and made a face at it before taking a sip.

"So if a banishing hurts Miss Carlyle or we in other ways put her in danger that should summon that abomination of hers right back to her side, hopefully allowing us to spring out trap before it kills anyone or worse." He said and frowned. "The question is how would we maneuver this woman anywhere where such a trap can be set, that is the problem, we will not have many seconds to act. I am not so sure flushing her anywhere would be that easy to do."

He tapped the pen against his face and then wrote down a few things in response. 'Not easy, no. There is the chance she is already there in the room or somewhere similar that we can use, best case scenario. But we could try a hostile teleport, we could try mental ars...we can try to use some type of forces spell to push her or corral her.

"That is the main crux of our problem Sodalis, that Avatar is powerful and since it can act independently it is likely to kill or disable anyone who cast magick against it, so whatever we do to it, will have to be quick. Perhaps what Mr Wainwright spoke about with sending Miss Carlyle forward in time could work as a trap or some sort of way to temporarily trap the soul in some sort of fetish. The problem is that we will be running into some of the same issues as the strike team's Spirit Masters, it is not that the Gilgul rite did not work, it was harming that thing, but it did not work fast enough such a ritual takes a bit of time to perform, the problem is so will anything that would trap the soul itself do..."

He raised the pen and then wrote out, 'Decoy or distraction? That is not dissimilar to the problem with your other plan of which I won't speak - that too will take time to disable her and it will come running. The effect is not immediate. We will need to have the trap spell and banishing hung in time or worked into an item so that we can set it off when we need it and the up-front casting time already done beforehand.'

He handed the note back and looked at Colin. "Stop thinking about that and lets see if we can hash any other ideas out. That's the problem when you found the worst solution, it occupies so much room there's less for anything else." He sighed
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:37 am

He tapped the pen against his face and then wrote down a few things in response. 'Not easy, no. There is the chance she is already there in the room or somewhere similar that we can use, best case scenario. But we could try a hostile teleport, we could try mental ars...we can try to use some type of forces spell to push her or corral her.

"We can, but remember Sodalis we are likely to have seconds to act before that Avatar gets the better of us if it see us as a threat to Miss Carlyle."
Joakim said after he had read your note.
"But a hanging spell or two might solve that, teleporting her back to her room, it could work but it is very risky."

He raised the pen and then wrote out, 'Decoy or distraction? That is not dissimilar to the problem with your other plan of which I won't speak - that too will take time to disable her and it will come running.

"Well with that...other plan."
Joakim said as he read your note his eyes darkening.
"Shooting the girl in the head, killing her is rather quick, then it is just a matter of applying...that blood to her lips it can be done in seconds."
He muttered and looked down and shivered.
"A decoy would likely just be sending someone to their deaths if it would even work...a distraction though...perhaps."

The effect is not immediate. We will need to have the trap spell and banishing hung in time or worked into an item so that we can set it off when we need it and the up-front casting time already done beforehand.'

"Three hanging spells, one to teleport Miss Carlyle then, an one banishment to be used if she is in her room so we can get her to her chambers, and a third a trap of some kind, either a trap in time or something to temporarily trap her soul like a fetish of some kind, that Avatar is likely to eventually break free but it might give us the time we need."
Joakim said and nodded.
"It could work."

He handed the note back and looked at Colin. "Stop thinking about that and lets see if we can hash any other ideas out. That's the problem when you found the worst solution, it occupies so much room there's less for anything else." He sighed

Joakim gave you your notebook back once he had read what you had written and nodded.
"Well our beginnings of a plan do seam like they could be workable..."
He said and sigh.
"It is a shame Paradox is not a force we can gather and control, it affects the Avatar and to much of it can cripple a soul until it can be dealt with, a heavy enough build up of Paradox might have given us the few moments we need to enact out plan."
He muttered more to himself than to the two other magi.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:16 pm

"Ah I see, yes that's true, you're right. I misunderstood,"
Colin nodded, "Quite alright, I might've been a bit unclear."

'Yes, it's rough. Now we need to figure out the particulars. She will not be the only problem but if we can at least put her out of the way until the caul is destroyed it will do some good.'
He nodded, "She won't be the only problem, but she's the most alien and therefore the most immediately dangerous one... If we can keep her out of the picture until we've devised the means to dela with her in a more... permanent manner, that'll be good."

"I understand Sodalis and...it is the last thing in the world I would want to do, however if Miss Carlyle and her Avatar is active when we try to take the Labyrinth then we will not have much chances and we have to take that Labyrinth. I will not order you to do something like that though and I would welcome any alternative."
He shook his head, "In principle I agree with the protest... and successfully executing any alternative to that will be the best moment of the day, I think. If all else fails, however, and I mean that literally... I don't see that I'll have a real choice in the matter. Not if we're to try to save lives..."

"Hum...this might work the problem is like you say how do we find Miss Carlyle and how do we get her and her soul back to her room...if we could get her in there, perhaps teleporting her and so try to banish the Avatar...if it then returns to her we could spring the trap...but there is allot of ifs in that plan..."
"So if a banishing hurts Miss Carlyle or we in other ways put her in danger that should summon that abomination of hers right back to her side, hopefully allowing us to spring out trap before it kills anyone or worse."
He said and frowned.
"The question is how would we maneuver this woman anywhere where such a trap can be set, that is the problem, we will not have many seconds to act. I am not so sure flushing her anywhere would be that easy to do."
He frowned, "This will take some manpower, but how about this - hammer the area or the Avatar with repeated Banishments, effectively throwing a series of shock grenades in its face, to keep it disoriented and preferably at miss Carlyle's side while the more complex work to trap her is finished? It does have the advantage of not requiring the higher degrees of Spirit magic to do so, as I understand it..."

"Stop thinking about that and lets see if we can hash any other ideas out. That's the problem when you found the worst solution, it occupies so much room there's less for anything else."
He snorted sourly, "I've been fishing for other options since before I gathered the... necessary sample. Plan V is simple enough that it requires a lot less cognitive effort than I've had to expend trying to argue in its favour, including to myself... The plan stays, but it's still some ways under 'drain the Labyrinth nodes and drown the place in primal fire', which I'll admit does present some less pleasant aspects of its own..."

"It is a shame Paradox is not a force we can gather and control, it affects the Avatar and to much of it can cripple a soul until it can be dealt with, a heavy enough build up of Paradox might have given us the few moments we need to enact out plan."
Colin pondered, "That's... actually not entirely true, you know. The Labyrinth is most likely attuned to the Fallen's magic, and a bit outside the angry glare of Reality. It might be possible to unravel that shelter - it would take a lot of power to do so; something to the tune of, say, a tass store and a few Nodes, perhaps, but if the area could be rendered as much a subject to the Consensus as the streets above... the Fallen would be at a very dramatic sudden disadvantage."

((OOC: Sorry I didn't post last night. Tired, a bit depressed, and generally out of it. If you're familiar with the simile, yesterday was an "everything tastes like mashed potatoes" kind of day... Pleh. ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:40 pm

He nodded, "She won't be the only problem, but she's the most alien and therefore the most immediately dangerous one... If we can keep her out of the picture until we've devised the means to dela with her in a more... permanent manner, that'll be good."

"The problem will be dealing with Miss Carlyle and the other Nephandi at the Labyrinth at the same time, however since our ambush failed we will have no choice in that regard but that means we are going to have some way to deal with her and take her Avatar out of the equation until we have taken that Labyrinth down and yes can deal with the young lady in a more...permanent manner as you say Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said and sigh.

He shook his head, "In principle I agree with the protest... and successfully executing any alternative to that will be the best moment of the day, I think. If all else fails, however, and I mean that literally... I don't see that I'll have a real choice in the matter. Not if we're to try to save lives..."

Joakim did not say anything but he did look at Colin as he spoke then he looked down uneasy, it was true, if any alternative could be found to deal with Matty then that would be preferable, far, far preferable, but if no other way could be found to safely deal with her something still had to be done to take care of her and the Labyrinth, the old hedge wizard did not feel like saying anything about that right now though.

He frowned, "This will take some manpower, but how about this - hammer the area or the Avatar with repeated Banishments, effectively throwing a series of shock grenades in its face, to keep it disoriented and preferably at miss Carlyle's side while the more complex work to trap her is finished? It does have the advantage of not requiring the higher degrees of Spirit magic to do so, as I understand it..."

"Banishing is not the most complicated form of Spirit Magick no that is correct young man though the competence of the mage performing such a working do affect it's strength it is possible such an approach will confuse that soul and force it to stay with Miss Carlyle for long enough for us to spring our trap, a series of lesser rotes suspended in time until needed could perhaps be used for this."
The Security Chief mushed.

He snorted sourly, "I've been fishing for other options since before I gathered the... necessary sample. Plan V is simple enough that it requires a lot less cognitive effort than I've had to expend trying to argue in its favour, including to myself... The plan stays, but it's still some ways under 'drain the Labyrinth nodes and drown the place in primal fire', which I'll admit does present some less pleasant aspects of its own..."

"It is a last resort, if we are left with no other option I agree."
Joakim said and looked like it pained him to speak the words.
"However for now let us focus on this alternative plan, the question there though still remains will sending Miss Carlyle back in time, somehow cutting her room of from the rest of reality in a bubble of it's own or trying to place her soul in a fetish work...if we try ti imprison that thing will it hold?"
He muttered.
"As for Primal fire the problem with that is killing Matty will just give her soul more freedom and less reason for restraint...even how tempting just removing that place from existence might be."

Colin pondered, "That's... actually not entirely true, you know. The Labyrinth is most likely attuned to the Fallen's magic, and a bit outside the angry glare of Reality. It might be possible to unravel that shelter - it would take a lot of power to do so; something to the tune of, say, a tass store and a few Nodes, perhaps, but if the area could be rendered as much a subject to the Consensus as the streets above... the Fallen would be at a very dramatic sudden disadvantage."

"Hum...well the parts that are in the Umbra will not be as exposed to Paradox as something placed in the physical world Mr Wainwright, that would not be the same as a Chantry where years of magick have made that part of reality more accepting of the Paradigms employed by the residents but yes perhaps something could be done to alter the way reality works in that part of the Umbra but that would be a massive undertaking."
Joakim said sounding skeptical.

(OOC: Not a problem I hope you feel better soon. What sort of mashed potatoes by the way the home made kind or the shit you make from powder? Razz Joking aside I know the feeling do not worry about the game it is not going anywhere.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:57 pm

I know it won't be always possible, but i'll do whatever i can to save everyone. My ultimate goal is to help people understand through love, and i know i'm not always able to do so myself, but i strive to do it better every day. That should be true to the traditions too, and their legislation. Tane answered feeling weary of how it could come. Sorry if i have disrupted your day... is there something i can do for you?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:19 pm

"You have a good heart child, and perhaps some of what you hope for will come true, just be aware that your ideal and our current truth is far apart and doing what it is you seek to do will not be easy and many will say it is not advisable either. I wish you luck on your path but be careful as you walk it."
George said softly.
"No do not worry I was up anyway even at this late hour."
He said dismissing your concerns for his time.
"No...thank you for offering Mr Karyak but I do not need anything at the moment."
The old mage said after had had hesitated for a moment.
"Perhaps I will through at some later point in time."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:06 pm

"We can, but remember Sodalis we are likely to have seconds to act before that Avatar gets the better of us if it see us as a threat to Miss Carlyle." Joakim said after he had read your note. "But a hanging spell or two might solve that, teleporting her back to her room, it could work but it is very risky."

"Maybe some of the others can help us hash this out," he said, fiddling with the pen.

"Shooting the girl in the head, killing her is rather quick, then it is just a matter of applying...that blood to her lips it can be done in seconds." He muttered and looked down and shivered. "A decoy would likely just be sending someone to their deaths if it would even work...a distraction though...perhaps."

He wrote down something and showed it. 'And then you have a vampire to deal with, so you kill them. Is it truly that fast? You still need to find her. How is shooting her faster than triggering a pre-hung trap? I was told that the donor had no idea what you needed this for I can't imagine she would want this to happen.'

"Three hanging spells, one to teleport Miss Carlyle then, an one banishment to be used if she is in her room so we can get her to her chambers, and a third a trap of some kind, either a trap in time or something to temporarily trap her soul like a fetish of some kind, that Avatar is likely to eventually break free but it might give us the time we need."

He nodded thoughtfully but it was clear he was trying hard to find some way to simplify things.

"Banishing is not the most complicated form of Spirit Magick no that is correct young man though the competence of the mage performing such a working do affect it's strength it is possible such an approach will confuse that soul and force it to stay with Miss Carlyle for long enough for us to spring our trap, a series of lesser rotes suspended in time until needed could perhaps be used for this.

"Hrm...interesting..." He added that to the list of ideas for the plan, imagining a strip of firecrackers going off. Well, it would be a distraction alright.

"Fair enough, my apologies. Maybe I was talking to myself then. Yes, we have more than one fish to fry here," he frowned. He handed the notes for Colin to look over.

"However for now let us focus on this alternative plan, the question there though still remains will sending Miss Carlyle back in time, somehow cutting her room of from the rest of reality in a bubble of it's own or trying to place her soul in a fetish work...if we try ti imprison that thing will it hold?"

Adley drew a figure 8 and then wrote down, 'If we use temporal ars with space and spirit, and the effect works, would it not be that we would only need it to hold literally seconds and they are trapped in the same space and time for a duration that is unlike what we experience? And can you hang a time spell, my mind hurts thinking about it. Like a box in a box in a box, or stuck in a Mobius strip. I suppose it would be a part of the fetish as you called it.'

"That would be nice," he sighed.

"Hum...well the parts that are in the Umbra will not be as exposed to Paradox as something placed in the physical world Mr Wainwright, that would not be the same as a Chantry where years of magick have made that part of reality more accepting of the Paradigms employed by the residents but yes perhaps something could be done to alter the way reality works in that part of the Umbra but that would be a massive undertaking."

'Unmaking a regio would be very, very hard. But perhaps poking a hole in it with spirit, life ars and correspondence? The problem is that it might smack us too while we're in there if we're under the Reckoner's eye.' He showed the note to Colin.

// I hope you feel better, depression sucks dude. I've never heard that saying but it's a good one.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:37 pm

"Maybe some of the others can help us hash this out," he said, fiddling with the pen.

"You are right we should bring in Lady Crexia and some of the others on this discussion and hear what ideas they have and also perhaps contact Master Telar about it as well she might have some ideas about what to do about Miss Carlyle's Avatar, she is an expert in the field after all."
Joakim said and nodded in agreement.

He wrote down something and showed it. 'And then you have a vampire to deal with, so you kill them. Is it truly that fast? You still need to find her. How is shooting her faster than triggering a pre-hung trap? I was told that the donor had no idea what you needed this for I can't imagine she would want this to happen.'

Joakim read then note and looked down he shivered again and had to draw a deep breath to steady himself.
"To begin the transformation it is really that fast, though I do not know at which point in the process the...Avatar shatters I only remember...pain..."
He said and was silent for a long while looking like the memory was going to make him ill.
"Once...once the host is dead...if vampire blood is applied...and if it then works for there is a chance it will not when it is not done properly...then it works very fast, a pre hung trap through is faster that is true the question is if our traps would work but it is worth a shot."
The hedge wizard looked down and shook his head.
"No Miss Jarden would not want this to happen...she would do it for the Chantry and then she would have to live with it and she might loose...part of herself in the process I do not want that for her..."
He said sadly.

Adley drew a figure 8 and then wrote down, 'If we use temporal ars with space and spirit, and the effect works, would it not be that we would only need it to hold literally seconds and they are trapped in the same space and time for a duration that is unlike what we experience?

"That might work, unless that Avatar already experience time in a way none of us understand and can just ignore such a prison as an inconvenience, though it would stand a chance of working yes and such a realm of time might be a prison hard to get out of, at least if that being have any sense of time at all and are bound by it...which come to think of it are likely for if it was not the best way to protect Matty would have been to stop the thing the drove her to the Nephandi in the first place."

And can you hang a time spell, my mind hurts thinking about it. Like a box in a box in a box, or stuck in a Mobius strip. I suppose it would be a part of the fetish as you called it.'

"The fetish was more of an alternative idea, taking that Avatar and trapping it inside of some item, I am not so sure that would work though."
Joakim explained.
"Trapping it in time though...that do seam like a viable option. But yes you can hang a spell to change time, it might get a bit complicated and I can not do it Sodalis but others at the Chantry have that ability."

"That would be nice," he sighed.

"It would...the question then is how to do it...I have to admit that when it comes to the scourge of Paradox I know very little about how to potentially manipulate it, I see others around me suffer from it but do not have to deal with it myself...but yes using that against the Nephandi would be useful."
He said and nodded in agreement.

Unmaking a regio would be very, very hard. But perhaps poking a hole in it with spirit, life ars and correspondence? The problem is that it might smack us too while we're in there if we're under the Reckoner's eye.' He showed the note to Colin.

Joakim waited until he was shown the note as well and then he nodded.
"It would be a double edged sword indeed Sodalis, but it's edge is duller on one side than the other so it might still be to our advantage to poke such a hole, but it is more of a plan of desperation than a good plan A I think."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:09 pm

"The problem will be dealing with Miss Carlyle and the other Nephandi at the Labyrinth at the same time, however since our ambush failed we will have no choice in that regard but that means we are going to have some way to deal with her and take her Avatar out of the equation until we have taken that Labyrinth down and yes can deal with the young lady in a more...permanent manner as you say Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded, "And as far as keeping her out of the picture for the interim, actually hurling her into the future would be more practical than a prison she might be able to pick her way out of..."

"Banishing is not the most complicated form of Spirit Magick no that is correct young man though the competence of the mage performing such a working do affect it's strength it is possible such an approach will confuse that soul and force it to stay with Miss Carlyle for long enough for us to spring our trap, a series of lesser rotes suspended in time until needed could perhaps be used for this."
"The approximate equivalent to patting the nose of a shark, perhaps - overstimulating its senses and disorienting it long enough to allow someone else to finish their work..."

He shook his head, "Not back in time - forward. Slamming her into next month or so would mean that she'd be out of the fight, and we could have ample time setting up a better trap for whenever she returns into the timestream. It's a lot simpler to set a trap when you know exactly when and where the target will appear..."

"As for Primal fire the problem with that is killing Matty will just give her soul more freedom and less reason for restraint...even how tempting just removing that place from existence might be."
"Yes, that being just one of the disagreeable aspects of that idea..."

'Unmaking a regio would be very, very hard. But perhaps poking a hole in it with spirit, life ars and correspondence? The problem is that it might smack us too while we're in there if we're under the Reckoner's eye.' He showed the note to Colin.
"It would be a double edged sword indeed Sodalis, but it's edge is duller on one side than the other so it might still be to our advantage to poke such a hole, but it is more of a plan of desperation than a good plan A I think."
He nodded, "True enough, I suppose - though it would have to be done eventually, in any case; can't very well retain a Labyrinth in the middle of the city after the inhabitants have been taken care of, after all - that's begging for a reinfestation... But let's hope we don't have to go for such a desperation move in mid-battle. Another thing to keep in mind is that they're running lower on Nephandi than they are on their... what was the word, thralls? As far as I can tell, the Fallen are outnumbered by their Linear minions, werebears and miss Jerkins' hellspawn..."

Joakim read then note and looked down he shivered again and had to draw a deep breath to steady himself.
"To begin the transformation it is really that fast, though I do not know at which point in the process the...Avatar shatters I only remember...pain..."
He said and was silent for a long while looking like the memory was going to make him ill.
"Once...once the host is dead...if vampire blood is applied...and if it then works for there is a chance it will not when it is not done properly...then it works very fast, a pre hung trap through is faster that is true the question is if our traps would work but it is worth a shot."
The hedge wizard looked down and shook his head.
"No Miss Jarden would not want this to happen...she would do it for the Chantry and then she would have to live with it and she might loose...part of herself in the process I do not want that for her..."
He said sadly.
"Fair enough, my apologies. Maybe I was talking to myself then. Yes, we have more than one fish to fry here,"
Colin nodded, and skimmed the notes, "While I can't claim expertise in vampirism, there's one thing that seems fairly reliable - if... if we end up forced to treat miss Carlyle in this manner, God forbid, she'll not stir until closer to sunset. It would let us stall that much, at least..."

((OOC: Birthday party last night. A 50s and 60s-themed restaurant/bar called Roll & Rock. Good food, good drink, but a bit overpriced... And perhaps a bit more to drink than I should've had. It's taken me a while to get the engine running right today. No headache or anything, just lethargic... Embarassed ...Also, getting back into The Old Republic didn't help... Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Colin nodded, "And as far as keeping her out of the picture for the interim, actually hurling her into the future would be more practical than a prison she might be able to pick her way out of..."

"Hum...true then again a prison we can gather Spirit Masters to do...their grim work around once we are done with the Labyrinth and while Miss Carlyle is kept restrained within...though I suppose we could prepare things for the time she would be sent to as well."
Joakim said grimly.

"The approximate equivalent to patting the nose of a shark, perhaps - overstimulating its senses and disorienting it long enough to allow someone else to finish their work..."

"Hum...that could work...though I did not know that would actually work for a shark, anything that can keep this abomination of an Avatar busy so the rest of the trap can be set though is a boon...we are going to find someone to prepare a series of lesser banishings then and then make them into hanging spells."

He shook his head, "Not back in time - forward. Slamming her into next month or so would mean that she'd be out of the fight, and we could have ample time setting up a better trap for whenever she returns into the timestream. It's a lot simpler to set a trap when you know exactly when and where the target will appear..."

"You are right Mr Wainwright that could work and would give us time to come up with a solution for how to deal with Miss Carlyle permanently and have the benefit that we do not need her to be at a particular location when such a rote is cast."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.

"Yes, that being just one of the disagreeable aspects of that idea..."

"Well yes there are some issues with doing it that way but it would indeed destroy the Labyrith if the primal flames where hot and widespread enough."

He nodded, "True enough, I suppose - though it would have to be done eventually, in any case; can't very well retain a Labyrinth in the middle of the city after the inhabitants have been taken care of, after all - that's begging for a reinfestation...

"The Labyrinth will have to be destroyed Mr Wainwright but by burning it to the ground or filling it with concrete, not by pulling it into physical reality, we do not want millions of sleepers to see it after all."

But let's hope we don't have to go for such a desperation move in mid-battle. Another thing to keep in mind is that they're running lower on Nephandi than they are on their... what was the word, thralls? As far as I can tell, the Fallen are outnumbered by their Linear minions, werebears and miss Jerkins' hellspawn..."

"Yes that is true and they would not be affected with Paradox so trying to open the place up to the Consensus would put us and Sleepers in risk for potentially to little gain...and besides unless sleepers see the place what Paradox might be generated will be minor anyway."
Joakim said and sipped his coffee.
"I think they call their servants pawns through I am not sure."

Colin nodded, and skimmed the notes, "While I can't claim expertise in vampirism, there's one thing that seems fairly reliable - if... if we end up forced to treat miss Carlyle in this manner, God forbid, she'll not stir until closer to sunset. It would let us stall that much, at least..."

"She will scream and trash about, not even the day sleep of the Massassa are strong enough to protect her from that kind of pain..."
Joakim muttered darkly and put his cup down and shook his head sadly not liking to talk about it.
"In any case if Miss Carlyle is treated in such a way there would be no need for any stalling tactics, it is her Avatar that is the big danger here and it would be out of the picture and we would be free to put her out of her misery as soon as possible."
He said in a grave tone of voice.

(OOC: Oh no problem I am having one of my regular bouts with eye infection so looking at a computer screen for two long is uncomfortable, sometimes my eyes are really impractical, though they are good troll magnets on Youtube Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top