Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:58 am

"Yes you have a gift Mr Karyak. For me to see an Avatar I have to work rather complex magick, not to mention have it manifest, I have never seen anyone do that as effortlessly as you."
Cita said and nodded.
"Thank you I appreciate your help, just go in and check on the boy, do not wake him if you do not have to, just make sure his Avatar is doing well."
She said and smiled.
"Very well I have checked on Beatrice, and our new patient, the Etherite you saved, are not ill enough that he needs constant care so we can let him sleep."
The spirit healer said and nodded.
"I am not forgetting and it might be useful to you to see an Avatar damaged by vampire blood so you can learn how to treat that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:22 am

"Very well that should give you some time to search indeed."
Crexia muttered then she sigh.
"I was thinking about destroying the Nodes, I am not sure we have the manpower to protect them while they are cleansed, thought that we are going to have to see when we get there and can evaluate how strong they are and how badly they are corrupted."
Colin nodded, "The structure and the Nodes might be a valuable resource, but so long as they're less valuable to us than the cost of guarding them... I suppose scorched earth is a viable strategy."

"I will try to restrain myself."
Crexia muttered dryly.
"However yes it is best to get the things secured I doubt Primium will be damaged easily though, but just to be sure."
He grinned at Crexia's tone, "Yes, well, I'm more concerned with the valves being accidentally opened by an impact than actual physical damage. Hence the careful padding around the mechanics there."

"Thanks...I do realize the irony. They've already been in a sewer, and yet.."
"There are worse things than sewers in this world Sodalis."
He nodded, "Yes, well, the storm drain was a fairly clean place, excepting the rats. Well, for a sewer."

Crexia said, she waited for you, Nancy and Colin to get in then started the car and drove after the other two vehicles. The drive would feel a bit odd, the road looked normal and the cars passing by and yet timing and speed felt a bit out of wack and there where never any reason to stop, no red lights, no car jams no nothing just smooth driving.
"I suggjest you work your rotes Mr Roth Hicks you have about five minutes."
Crexia said as drove, seemingly not bothered by the strange way time currently flowed.
Colin slipped into the back seat, giving the BMW a brief admiring look first, and started meditating on the proper incantations to shift perceptions along the timeline and other viable applications of the excess Quintessence he'd have access to...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:21 am

Colin nodded, "The structure and the Nodes might be a valuable resource, but so long as they're less valuable to us than the cost of guarding them... I suppose scorched earth is a viable strategy."

"I am skeptical about using anything Nephandi have used and worked their magick in before, who know what might be hidden in those walls, also corrupted Nodes are hard to completely cleanse, if someone would want that task and can protect the Nodes until they are clean I will not protest, but I do not see that Morningstar have much use of the Labyrinth."
Crexia said and frowned.

He grinned at Crexia's tone, "Yes, well, I'm more concerned with the valves being accidentally opened by an impact than actual physical damage. Hence the careful padding around the mechanics there."

"Better safe than sorry yes, we would not want that stuff all over the car, then again it is not Tass so it is not physical, I am not so sure so much would seep out unless there are willed effort to do so."
The archmaga commented.

He nodded, "Yes, well, the storm drain was a fairly clean place, excepting the rats. Well, for a sewer."

"Well where we are going will not be a clean place Mr Wainwright, and it will be far worse than the sewers."
Crexia said.

Colin slipped into the back seat, giving the BMW a brief admiring look first, and started meditating on the proper incantations to shift perceptions along the timeline and other viable applications of the excess Quintessence he'd have access to...

You do think you have some ideas for how to combine bits and pieces of what you know to be able to do just that, shift people's perceptions forwards and backwards in time, not very far but a few hours at least, especially with the use of quintessence, the problem was if if would be able to do so with the corrupted Quintessence, you had after all just used that to discharge into a prime blade before, creating such a manipulation of perception would be far more complicated.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:59 am

"I am skeptical about using anything Nephandi have used and worked their magick in before, who know what might be hidden in those walls, also corrupted Nodes are hard to completely cleanse, if someone would want that task and can protect the Nodes until they are clean I will not protest, but I do not see that Morningstar have much use of the Labyrinth."
Crexia said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "A reasonable concern. And I do agree, the cost of securing the place is probably going to be too steep to be worth it."

"Better safe than sorry yes, we would not want that stuff all over the car, then again it is not Tass so it is not physical, I am not so sure so much would seep out unless there are willed effort to do so."
The archmaga commented.
He shrugged, "Its Resonance could fathomably still leak a little."

"Well where we are going will not be a clean place Mr Wainwright, and it will be far worse than the sewers."
Crexia said.
"Well, I'd be rather surprised if it weren't."

You do think you have some ideas for how to combine bits and pieces of what you know to be able to do just that, shift people's perceptions forwards and backwards in time, not very far but a few hours at least, especially with the use of quintessence, the problem was if if would be able to do so with the corrupted Quintessence, you had after all just used that to discharge into a prime blade before, creating such a manipulation of perception would be far more complicated.
He pondered, if the Labyrinth was a singular, extensive creature covering the walls, would it perhaps be possible to use the Quintessence to blast the whole thing to Kingdom Come in one go? It might be possible to deal damage throughout the entire structure without scrying from afar...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Colin nodded, "A reasonable concern. And I do agree, the cost of securing the place is probably going to be too steep to be worth it."

"It is likely to be a difficult task to make such a hell hole livable and then comes the Node itself, yes I would assume to cost would be to great for it to be worth it, building a pcket realm to hose facilities from scratch are probably easier."

He shrugged, "Its Resonance could fathomably still leak a little."

"That it could, and that is not good."
The archmaga agreed.

"Well, I'd be rather surprised if it weren't."

"You could say that if it was not worse the Nephandi would not have been doing their job decorating."
Crexia said and grinned a little.
"It would be an embarrassment for them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:31 pm

There where no discarded cups of water laying around but Cara handed you a handkerchief with a slight smile, though that would only take some of the gray powder of, that stuff was really persistent.

He sighed, shook his head at the offer with a "thank-you." Really, if he was going to do that, he'd have to spit on it, and that would mean something else he'd want to burn up and he'd be in no better state. While the others talked about what Nicolai had earned himself, Adley kept silent. There wasn't time to discuss it - what would happen after, would happen when they'd secured an after for it to happen in, first. Nicolai had certainly earned his spot on people's revenge list, though no doubt.

//
As Colin busied himself with the stuff in the trunk, he turned to Nancy. He looked at Nancy, "Have you a way to protect your mind?"

"I suggjest you work your rotes Mr Roth Hicks you have about five minutes."

"Give me a one moment mark, if you can, please." He started the Shield of Mars rote as they drove for the first few moments. At the minute mark, he popped the top on the mind shield potion that they'd been given and drank as close to half as he could approximately could, if it were not marked out on the container. Then he started the sequence to allow him to sense spirit and prime. He waited till near last for that, since didn't want to catch any attention along the way if he could help it and it was not a lengthy rote. And he knew that sensing the tanks behind him were going to be very, very unpleasant. Not that the inside of the labyrinth was bound to be much better, but it was likely he was going to need to keep an eye out for spirits and spells. He steeled himself as best he could, figuring it would be better to throw up in the car if it was going to happen and be done with it.

// F2 kinetic shield: 5, 7, 4 -/ 1, 9, 8 -/ 6, 0, 1 -/ 0, 9, 6 (I think 6 squeaks by a sux, unless there added diff over +1 - let me know)
S1P1: 8, 0, 8
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:06 pm

He sighed, shook his head at the offer with a "thank-you." Really, if he was going to do that, he'd have to spit on it, and that would mean something else he'd want to burn up and he'd be in no better state. While the others talked about what Nicolai had earned himself, Adley kept silent. There wasn't time to discuss it - what would happen after, would happen when they'd secured an after for it to happen in, first. Nicolai had certainly earned his spot on people's revenge list, though no doubt.

Cara nodded and took the handkerchief back.
"No I guess it would not do much with paper ash, that stuff sure are clingy."
The Criamon muttered and gave you a bit of a knowing smile.

As Colin busied himself with the stuff in the trunk, he turned to Nancy. He looked at Nancy, "Have you a way to protect your mind?"

"I see numbers when they come at me, my mind, their mind it is all the same."
Nancy muttered and grinned at you while playing with her bangs.

"Give me a one moment mark, if you can, please." He started the Shield of Mars rote as they drove for the first few moments. At the minute mark, he popped the top on the mind shield potion that they'd been given and drank as close to half as he could approximately could, if it were not marked out on the container.

"Very well, I can do that Mr Roth Hicks."
Crexia said and nodded in agreement.
You work your kinetic shield it is a little awkward doing so inside of a car but it words well enough and the forces respond to you as you work your magick. You notice Nancy looking at you as you chant, her eyes following your hand movements and you had a feeling she was learning from watching you work, as if Paradigm was no boundary to her. Crexia gave you a discreet sign, a small sound at the one minute mark. You take a swing of Darrian's potion and it tasted pretty badly, not gut wrenching bad, but still bad, it was both sweet and sharp and tasted like horrible cough medicine though more runny. There where no dose markings on the bottle though.

Then he started the sequence to allow him to sense spirit and prime. He waited till near last for that, since didn't want to catch any attention along the way if he could help it and it was not a lengthy rote. And he knew that sensing the tanks behind him were going to be very, very unpleasant. Not that the inside of the labyrinth was bound to be much better, but it was likely he was going to need to keep an eye out for spirits and spells. He steeled himself as best he could, figuring it would be better to throw up in the car if it was going to happen and be done with it.

You open your senses to see spirits and primal energies, this rote to go well, though it is awkward and Nancy looking at you intently do not make it any better...but the rote works and it is not plesant...you can feel the corrupted Tass back there in the trunk and it is like a gruesome, slimy mass of nothing, as if someone had taken the essence of destruction and grief, the wrongness of a child dying or a gruesome murder, mixed with nothingness and distilled it, and that was with the foul stuff in it's tank and away from you, it made you feel dirty just to be around, though you did not need to be sick it was not plesant.

You also see the finely crafted web of Leon's spell upon the car, like fine silver threads warming luck and space around you, and Nancy shone with a myriad of ever changing colors. Crexia was strange to look at, she reminded you more of the Brothers than a human, noble, beautiful but a statue of perfect stasis. You see in her hair there sat a little imp, it looked similar to your Mentor's little friends but this one was black of color with green markings down it's back , the little spirit was playing with a dangling jewel on the archmaga's hairpin, but when he saw you looking at it he shyly hid in her hair bun, peeking out of her hair, curious but shy.

(OOC: That should do it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Ok then. He said with a smile. Tane went then to the young man's room and entered quietly
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:57 am

You entered the guestroom there where no personal things on the walls as this was just a spare room the young, unfortunate Orphan had been given, there where a book, a novel on the living room table and a mug that had contained coffee on the kitchen counter other than that the apartment just had the old furniture it was fitted with, a worn, brown cloth sofa and two chairs set around a brown oak table, the regular kitchen appliances and in the bedroom a bed with nice, clean sheets and a wardrobe. On the bed Tobias lay sleeping, the boy looked weak and frail, he was so pale his skin was translucent and his breath was short and uneven but he was sleeping, one hand grasping the covers tightly as if for comfort.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:59 pm

"You could say that if it was not worse the Nephandi would not have been doing their job decorating."
Crexia said and grinned a little.
"It would be an embarrassment for them."
Colin smirked, "So, should we expect some horrid pastel colours wherever the walls aren't fleshy, then? Or perhaps floral wallpaper everywhere?"

As Crexia gave Adley the one-minute signal, he looked up and followed Adley's example, downing about half the potion in a single mouthful, then resumed piecing together ideas and hypotheses, until the car came to a halt.

((OOC: Bleh, not feeling well today. Headache, fatigue, a bit of a fever (though not really enough to make a fuss about) - not sure if it's DST, the weather or the flu, or any other possible culprit that's to blame... :/ ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:15 am

"I see numbers when they come at me, my mind, their mind it is all the same." Nancy muttered and grinned at you while playing with her bangs.

He frowned a little. "Are you able to make your numbers safe, so that no enemy takes them?" He sounded a little concerned. "We would like to make sure your numbers are protected."

Nancy watching him work was...strange. There was a distracted part of him that wanted to tell her to stop watching him, but he couldn't stop the rote before it was done, or it wouldn't be as powerful as it could be. He didn't generally notice others when he worked but this was different, as if she was picking up pro-tips. There was not much he could do about it, there was not any good way to make his working more discreet, but he gave her a glance at a point or two as he repeated the sequence to build the power of the shield. He hadn't really expected the potion to taste very good and it didn't. he gave a slight grimace. Maybe it was stories, maybe it was the color of it, or previous potions he'd tasted but it didn't taste well, like drinking liquefied plant snot but as long as it did the job he would not complain. An it was much more preferable than the feeling of the tass in the trunk though, which was inexplicably like nothing and everything disgusting, degrading and filthy. He felt his shoulders curl slightly inward away from it and then he spotted the little imp in Crexia's hair. He gave it a small smile of greeting, but didn't want to frighten it and anyway they would be there soon...

// I hope you feel soon better dude : ( Stupid daylight savings-flu
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:38 am

Tane sit beside him and felt a hundred years old. His eyes closed and Tane started to humm while tapping his hands on the floor. He didn't want to wake the boy up, so his chants had to be discrete today.
Little by little, the chants brought out a beautyful being.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:50 am

Colin smirked, "So, should we expect some horrid pastel colours wherever the walls aren't fleshy, then? Or perhaps floral wallpaper everywhere?"

Crexia grinned at that.
"Hum...well now that would be amusing Mr Wainwright."

As Crexia gave Adley the one-minute signal, he looked up and followed Adley's example, downing about half the potion in a single mouthful, then resumed piecing together ideas and hypotheses, until the car came to a halt.

The potion tasted horrible, like more liquid far to sweet and bitter cough syrup, the alchemist had not given Adley the potions for their taste though and the horrid flavor quickly faded to a somewhat unpleasant aftertaste.

He frowned a little. "Are you able to make your numbers safe, so that no enemy takes them?" He sounded a little concerned. "We would like to make sure your numbers are protected."

"No...not powerful enough, but there are some safety in the song of the numbers themselves, it is harder to break a mind already broken..."
Nancy said and smiled to you.

Nancy watching him work was...strange. There was a distracted part of him that wanted to tell her to stop watching him, but he couldn't stop the rote before it was done, or it wouldn't be as powerful as it could be. He didn't generally notice others when he worked but this was different, as if she was picking up pro-tips. There was not much he could do about it, there was not any good way to make his working more discreet, but he gave her a glance at a point or two as he repeated the sequence to build the power of the shield.

The second time you glanced pointedly at her Nancy seamed to get the point and looked away the Hollower did not mean any harm, she was just curious.

and then he spotted the little imp in Crexia's hair. He gave it a small smile of greeting, but didn't want to frighten it and anyway they would be there soon...

The imp gave you a slight, friendly wave of it's tiny black hand, then it shyly hid in Crexia's hair again. Soon though the car came to a halt, so did the two other vehicles in your procession and you now stood in a back ally with a small shopping district nearby.
"The manhole is right around the corner gentlemen."
Crexia said as she stepped out of the car she held a hand to her hair and put her imp on the dashboard.
"Stay and keep the car safe Dallis."
She whispered to the tiny spirit and it looked up at her and grinned and nodded eagerly happy to be given a task.
"Let us move quickly."
Crexia advices.

(OOC: I hope you feel better soon Warp, take care of yourself.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:55 am

Tane you begin to chat to the sleeping boy's Avatar, and slowly it came walking out of him, or more let you see it, the soul was beautiful, it appeared as a doe, a female deer, young and playful but she was ill and weak, her head hung, and she had trouble staying on her feet, her eyes was dull and feverish. Her coat was a pretty brown though and while this was not a very powerful Avatar, it was natural, clean and honest.
"Greetings singer..."
The doe spoke in a soft, clear but tired voice.
"Why have you called me?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:44 am

Hello, Lady of the Soul Woods. I'm your caretaker for the time being, with Master Tellar. I'm here to check how's your state. I know you've been poisoned with Vampire blood. he said, admiring the little avatar. A young boy, a young avatar, a young strenght that wanted to come into the world, corrupted by stillness and decay.
I want to know if there's something i can do to help you. I'm not so powerful, but i'm learning to turn into a spiritual healer.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:48 am

The Avatar looked at you as she shifted her weight from one hoof to the other.
"My host suffers for I am ill, the foul thing he have been drinking that we both now crave, it burns, there there should be change and growth there is bitter stillness."
The doe said in a tired voice. You notice one strange thing though, with how ill she was, and she did look like she could collapse at any moment, her host should be writhing in pain, and while Tobias looked sick and weak and whimpered now and then, his condition seamed allot better than it should considering how weak his soul was.
"I do not know if you can help me cure this poison, we are linked in a horrible way the creature that caused this and our kind, their blood burns like fire ravaging a forest but in it's wake no new plants grow for the fire is ice and steel."
She said sadly.
"I am to weak, all I can do is protect the boy, can you help him singer?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Crexia grinned at that.
"Hum...well now that would be amusing Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, "Perhaps it would..."

The potion tasted horrible, like more liquid far to sweet and bitter cough syrup, the alchemist had not given Adley the potions for their taste though and the horrid flavor quickly faded to a somewhat unpleasant aftertaste.
He swallowed, not a muscle on his face revealing the taste, "Hum, only slightly less horrible than the spirits one of the engineers on base made from random local flora..."

The imp gave you a slight, friendly wave of it's tiny black hand, then it shyly hid in Crexia's hair again. Soon though the car came to a halt, so did the two other vehicles in your procession and you now stood in a back ally with a small shopping district nearby.
"The manhole is right around the corner gentlemen."
Crexia said as she stepped out of the car she held a hand to her hair and put her imp on the dashboard.
"Stay and keep the car safe Dallis."
She whispered to the tiny spirit and it looked up at her and grinned and nodded eagerly happy to be given a task.
"Let us move quickly."
Crexia advices.
He arched an eyebrow as he climbed out of the car and headed back to the trunk to fetch the gear, "Who is Dallis?"

((OOC: I'm alive. I think I might've spent something to the tune of 40-50 hours out of the last 60 asleep. It's not been very good sleep, full of weird, weird dreams, but sleep nonetheless... ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:05 pm

He smiled, "Perhaps it would..."

Crexia still smiled a little, seaming amused at the thought.

He swallowed, not a muscle on his face revealing the taste, "Hum, only slightly less horrible than the spirits one of the engineers on base made from random local flora..."

Crexia glanced at you in the rear view mirror and raised and eyebrow at your comment but she did not ask.

He arched an eyebrow as he climbed out of the car and headed back to the trunk to fetch the gear, "Who is Dallis?"

You fetch the boots and the Quintessence tanks.
"My little helper, a small earth elemental in the form of an imp."
Crexia explained.
"It is just a nickname off course I would not speak his actual name in front of others, and I also do not want to bring him into the Labyrinth, he is small and will not be able to defend himself well, but with him her I will know if something happens with the cars."

(OOC: Good to hear you are not a zombie. Razz That really sounds sucky.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:17 pm

Crexia glanced at you in the rear view mirror and raised and eyebrow at your comment but she did not ask.
Colin grinned, "Soldiers will invariably find ways to get drunk... and there's always that one guy in a camp who sets up a still of some sort."

You fetch the boots and the Quintessence tanks.
"My little helper, a small earth elemental in the form of an imp."
Crexia explained.
"It is just a nickname off course I would not speak his actual name in front of others, and I also do not want to bring him into the Labyrinth, he is small and will not be able to defend himself well, but with him her I will know if something happens with the cars."
He nodded as he pulled on the boots and strapped the Quintessence tanks onto his back, "Ah, of course. A wise precaution. Of course, if you hadn't mentioned him, I wouldn't even have known he was there - never figured out how to sense spirits, except by noticing the wake they leave behind, like an odd energy trail or things like that. But that's much like noticing an aircraft has passed overhead relatively recently by spotting the contrails."

((OOC: Yeah, I'd probably be more of a feckless revenant, though. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Colin grinned, "Soldiers will invariably find ways to get drunk... and there's always that one guy in a camp who sets up a still of some sort."

"Yes, in such a situation there have to be some diversion...I remember back during The Schism War, I was part of a war band who came over some berries in a enchanted forest..."
She said and grinned.
"It is a good thing the Diedne did not encounter our camp right then."

He nodded as he pulled on the boots and strapped the Quintessence tanks onto his back, "Ah, of course. A wise precaution. Of course, if you hadn't mentioned him, I wouldn't even have known he was there - never figured out how to sense spirits, except by noticing the wake they leave behind, like an odd energy trail or things like that. But that's much like noticing an aircraft has passed overhead relatively recently by spotting the contrails."

"I understand, well we all have different gifts Mr Wainwright. I have been able to see spirits for so long I have almost forgotten how the world looks without them, I can not assume the Nephandi will not be able to see my little friend though, so it is best to leave him here where he will be relatively safe, I would not want undue harm to befall one of my servants."
Crexia said and looked fondly down at the dashboard of the car where the little elemental was sitting, not that you could see that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:10 am

You have detached from him, don't you? Not totally, but he doesn't suffer as you do. he said, sadly. He is with you: you are him. I could sever your conection with him, but that would destroy part of what he is. I understand that you're adicted to this poison... maybe i have an idea that could help. If you have always heard what he heard, then you must know what a dialysis is? he asked, trying to extrapolate his ideas to the spiritual world.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:35 am

"No...not powerful enough, but there are some safety in the song of the numbers themselves, it is harder to break a mind already broken..." Nancy said and smiled to you.

"I would still wish you to find some protection..."

"Yes, in such a situation there have to be some diversion...I remember back during The Schism War, I was part of a war band who came over some berries in a enchanted forest..." She said and grinned. "It is a good thing the Diedne did not encounter our camp right then."

He raised an eyebrow at that, but something else clicked for a moment. But didn't say anything, for wishing to spare time to finish his working before they got there.

The imp gave you a slight, friendly wave of it's tiny black hand, then it shyly hid in Crexia's hair again.

He gave a little wave back.

Soon though the car came to a halt, so did the two other vehicles in your procession and you now stood in a back ally with a small shopping district nearby. "The manhole is right around the corner gentlemen."

"Ma'am, amicus, did one of you get the ammo back from the others? Also, was there a pry bar in the trunk?" he asked hopefully, eyeing their surroundings from where he sat for signs of trouble.

"My little helper, a small earth elemental in the form of an imp Crexia explained...

He got out of the car as well, scanning the area and the other cars silently and watchfully.

// I hope you are feeling better, Warp that doesn't sound too great D:
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:04 am

Tane:

The doe shook her head.
"I can not withdraw from him, we are one for as long as he lives but I fight to keep my pain from him, the forest sing around me, soothe me, give me the strength I otherwise would not have, allow me to give the boy some peace, it is all I can do for him."
She said then she shook her head again.
"No singer loosing me in any way when we have first become one, would destroy my host as it would destroy you if your god left you, and it is to late I am as poisoned as he is now abandoning my house would not save my existence and just buy him suffering."
She said refusing your offer.
"I am addicted to this poison, even if I survive this will not change, and when the boy dies and go on to the higher realms, I will take this nagging longing to my next host, a horrid corruption from beings that should be like us, but are not, are wrong."
The little Avatar said.
"I see though his eyes mortal, but I am spirit, your terms mean little to me, I am this, I am the forest an I am a part of this child and until he is no more that is all I am, I am grater but now I am him so I can learn, discuss such things with your healers, the concepts of the material world is not mine. I am stagnating where I should grow and change, and darkness lurks where sunlight should shine down from the foliage."

Adley:

"I would still wish you to find some protection..."

"Protection yes...perhaps, the numbers will flee if scared, but there are always more numbers."
Nancy said and nodded in agreement.

He gave a little wave back.

The spirit giggled joyfully but still hid shyly in it's mistress' hair, it waved it's tail at you though, a green gemstone at the tip of this one instead of a flame as with your Mentor's little friends.

"Ma'am, amicus, did one of you get the ammo back from the others? Also, was there a pry bar in the trunk?" he asked hopefully, eyeing their surroundings from where he sat for signs of trouble.

"Ah...no...the Cultists still have that, let us just talk with them and arrange to get the ammunition back before we go."
Crexia said as she got out of the car.
"I do not have a pry bar but I think maybe Miss Willis have one in her car."

He got out of the car as well, scanning the area and the other cars silently and watchfully.

There where no other cars parked right here than the ones belonging to your group. You where in a back ally between what smelled like a pizzeria and a tall brick building that might house a shop on the first floor and apartments further up. Outside of the ally cars passed now and again but it was not the most busy area. Across from the ally you see a ladies clothing shop, a weapons and survival shop and a kiosk. The only thing out of place was that out in the street you can see a little steam of tiny spirits hurrying away. The spirits where small, round balls, they looked like black dust bunnies with legs and they where hurrying down in the opposite direction from where the manhole your group was headed to had to be located. Some of them where carrying their tressures, fallen leaves, little pebbles or discarded bits of candy, one of the spirits where drying to drag along a large bit of chocolate but this slowed it down and it looked rater desperate as to whatever it should abandon it's tressure and keep up with the others or risk falling behind. Other than the tiny spirits hurrying along everything looked normal, none of the stores where open yet and the street was rather quiet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:30 pm

"Yes, in such a situation there have to be some diversion...I remember back during The Schism War, I was part of a war band who came over some berries in a enchanted forest..."
She said and grinned.
"It is a good thing the Diedne did not encounter our camp right then."
Colin grinned, "Berries in enchanted forests... I believe I've read enough Fantasy to know to stay away from those. There are enough stories about hapless mortals who accidentally dine on the delicacies of the Fey or other such beings and subsequently end up in some absurd debt..."

"I understand, well we all have different gifts Mr Wainwright. I have been able to see spirits for so long I have almost forgotten how the world looks without them, I can not assume the Nephandi will not be able to see my little friend though, so it is best to leave him here where he will be relatively safe, I would not want undue harm to befall one of my servants."
Crexia said and looked fondly down at the dashboard of the car where the little elemental was sitting, not that you could see that.
He nodded, "Indeed, it's safe to assume several of them will most certainly be able to see him - it won't take many Magi to cover all the bases, as such."

He gave Adley a look, "Well, bugger... No, I rather forgot when the ladies returned. Ah, well, I doubt they'd have left the munitions behind; I'll just have to reload a bit."
He checked the straps on the harness and, once satisfied, headed over to the Cultists' car with a slightly embarassed expression.

((OOC: Eh, I'm back to approximately normal. For definitions thereof. ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:28 pm

Colin grinned, "Berries in enchanted forests... I believe I've read enough Fantasy to know to stay away from those. There are enough stories about hapless mortals who accidentally dine on the delicacies of the Fey or other such beings and subsequently end up in some absurd debt..."

"Yes never eat or drink anything the fay offers if you intend to get back to the physical world again, in this case though the berries where full of vis...very, very dynamic vis...like I said it is good any of the Diedne forces did not come upon us at that time."
Crexia said with a slight smile.
"I was so much younger and more foolish then."

He nodded, "Indeed, it's safe to assume several of them will most certainly be able to see him - it won't take many Magi to cover all the bases, as such."

"No they probably have quite a variety of skills our dear enemies, so yes leaving my little friend here seams the safest plan for everyone involved."
The archmaga said and nodded.

He gave Adley a look, "Well, bugger... No, I rather forgot when the ladies returned. Ah, well, I doubt they'd have left the munitions behind; I'll just have to reload a bit."
He checked the straps on the harness and, once satisfied, headed over to the Cultists' car with a slightly embarassed expression.

You get over to Loretta's cox gray hybrid just as the two Cultists and their passengers got out of the car.
"Ah...Mr Wainwright the bullets...off course in the hustle to get going I forgot to give them back."
Loretta said and handed you your clips, they now felt pleasantly Dynamic, a fine, sharp Dynamism you could appreciate though Mia still preferred Static Resonances.
"They should do more...serious damage now."
The Cultist muttered as she begun the hand out ammunition to the rest of the group.

(OOC: Weee good to hear.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top