Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:25 am

Colin grinned, "Ah, but you make one of the fundamental mistakes in approaching role-playing games there - you don't realize that the storytelling is a collaborative effort rather than the creative work of one person. Though, such games can be written out, I believe - where each player posts their actions to the games master, who then organizes the events and replies to everyone to await the next set of actions. Not unlike playing a chess game by mail, really."

"Hum that is interesting, perhaps I will join my love and her friends one day when they set up a game, I do try to learn something new each year to balance out some of the Static Resonance that comes with being what I am."
She said and smiled a little.
"Well a discussion for another day."

He nodded, "With just a little bit of luck, there'll be time to throw out some barriers to impede their approach before they reach us."

"We can hope for that at least"
Rosario said and frowned.
"We are owed a bit of luck after all of this mess I think, though we can not rely on it."

He sighed, "The memory doesn't haunt me... every day. Most, but not all... Some days, there are others..."

Loretta did not say anything she just nodded gravely and gave you a light path on your shoulder with her slender, elegant hand.

He grinned, "That would be an excellent idea if I had any reason to believe she'd be liable to use kitchen tools."

"Ah I see, you are the one who will be doing the cooking then."
Cara said and grinned.

He nodded and, seeing Udella's slight difficulties, offered a hand to steady her on the way down to the ladder.

Udella gave you a grateful look and took your hand, her skin was old and dry but her grip was still strong.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, it seams gentlemen still exist in this day and age."
She said as you helped her down the ladder.

He carefully made his way down the ladder - unstrapping the tanks' harness if necessary to fit through the hole - and hoisted the cover into place. "Best close the entrance to avoid accidents with Sleepers..."

You had to lower the tanks down first to fit, and James hesitantly caught them and put them on the ground a look of disgust on his face as you climbed down.
"Yes...good thinking I would not want more Dox than need be."
His brother said but the Fortunae's eyes where on those tanks and he shuddered.

He narrowed his eyes in the direction the others indicated, and raised his yet-unlit flashlight and pistol in that general direction, finger outside the trigger loop, "A spirit sufficiently manifested to be heard here? That's not necessarily good..."

"Well I have opened my senses to feel and see the spiritual Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said but Rosario shook her head.
"I hear it to but it is strange, a sound there and not there and I do not study Spirit at all."
The Cultist commented and frowned. You started to hear it to now, a desperate, sad, high pitched weeping, it sounded like a woman crying her eyes out down the corridor, but the sound was wrong, as if it was partly not there and it gave the already dark and dank sewer tunnel a rather creepy feel.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:00 pm

"Hum that is interesting, perhaps I will join my love and her friends one day when they set up a game, I do try to learn something new each year to balance out some of the Static Resonance that comes with being what I am."
She said and smiled a little.
"Well a discussion for another day."
Colin nodded, "Very much so. You just might find it amusing."

"We can hope for that at least"
Rosario said and frowned.
"We are owed a bit of luck after all of this mess I think, though we can not rely on it."
He nodded, "Quite so - we can, however, try to be ready to unleash harm on those creatures. That might give us the little edge we need."

"Ah I see, you are the one who will be doing the cooking then."
Cara said and grinned.
He grinned, "Well, as it happens, I am a rather good cook, so that's a blessing..."

Udella gave you a grateful look and took your hand, her skin was old and dry but her grip was still strong.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, it seams gentlemen still exist in this day and age."
She said as you helped her down the ladder.
He smiled, "One must endeavour to be so, even if modern society seems to presume it is chauvinistically motivated."

You had to lower the tanks down first to fit, and James hesitantly caught them and put them on the ground a look of disgust on his face as you climbed down.
"Yes...good thinking I would not want more Dox than need be."
His brother said but the Fortunae's eyes where on those tanks and he shuddered.
He smiled thinly, "Dox is one thing, but we also need to avoid bystanders in the crossfire, as far as possible."
He gave James a grateful nod, "Thank you, by the way - I know how little you like these, and you are entirely right to be wary of the stuff."

"Well I have opened my senses to feel and see the spiritual Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said but Rosario shook her head.
"I hear it to but it is strange, a sound there and not there and I do not study Spirit at all."
The Cultist commented and frowned. You started to hear it to now, a desperate, sad, high pitched weeping, it sounded like a woman crying her eyes out down the corridor, but the sound was wrong, as if it was partly not there and it gave the already dark and dank sewer tunnel a rather creepy feel.
He frowned and lit his flashlight, aiming down in the direction of the weeping, "It sounds strange, like it's only halfway in this world... Could it be a ghost?"
He pondered for a moment, "Bugger, i hope it's not the Morrigan..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Colin nodded, "Very much so. You just might find it amusing."

"I might indeed, and Swan might be happy to have me along."
Crexia said and nodded.

He nodded, "Quite so - we can, however, try to be ready to unleash harm on those creatures. That might give us the little edge we need."

"You are right, then again other than being armed and ready to cast spells I am not sure how much more ready we can get."
Rosario said and her Mentor nodded.
"Well I have my hung spells, not many of them, but a few that can be used if need be to well...slow things down a bit."
She said and grinned darkly.

He grinned, "Well, as it happens, I am a rather good cook, so that's a blessing..."

"Well well, a man who can cook, not that is indeed a blessing, Miss Adlebloom is a lucky woman."
Cara said with a smile.

He smiled, "One must endeavour to be so, even if modern society seems to presume it is chauvinistically motivated."

"To some degree it was Mr Wainwright, it stemmed from the idea of women as frail things that needed to be protected like one would a delicate flower...however the idea of helping others is not wrong, and I have a feeling you would help and elderly man down the steps just as readily as you would help a woman."
Udella said with a small smile.

He smiled thinly, "Dox is one thing, but we also need to avoid bystanders in the crossfire, as far as possible."

"Yes...you are right about that Mr Wainwright, sleepers getting involved would be bad in more than one way."
Leon agreed and nodded in agreement.

He gave James a grateful nod, "Thank you, by the way - I know how little you like these, and you are entirely right to be wary of the stuff."

James nodded and gave the Quintessence tanks an uneasy look.
"Yeah...don't mention it Mr Wainwright, you are right I do not like them but we all have to help one another other on this mission if we plan on getting home survive."
The Jerbiton said with an slight smile as you came down the ladder.

He frowned and lit his flashlight, aiming down in the direction of the weeping, "It sounds strange, like it's only halfway in this world... Could it be a ghost?"
He pondered for a moment, "Bugger, i hope it's not the Morrigan..."

"Yes it sounds like that weeping is half in our world, half in another...we should hope we are lucky enough that it is a ghost, they are seldom much of a bother in our physical world, I wear it might be something else though and yes indeed I do hope it is not some ancient half God."
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.
"We are going to have to check the noise out and hope that whatever it is it will not be to hard to deal with."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:13 pm

"You are right, then again other than being armed and ready to cast spells I am not sure how much more ready we can get."
Rosario said and her Mentor nodded.
"Well I have my hung spells, not many of them, but a few that can be used if need be to well...slow things down a bit."
She said and grinned darkly.
Colin pondered, "Hum, I wonder if I might perhaps be able to shape a cage of primal fire? It might not last for long, but it would certainly be unpleasant for whoever was trying to get through..."

"Well well, a man who can cook, not that is indeed a blessing, Miss Adlebloom is a lucky woman."
Cara said with a smile.
He chuckled softly, "I certainly mean to make every effort to ensure she is. I've seen the future, though; I think she'll be very fond of however many years we'll get, though I strongly suspect I will be the one to leave her behind, somehow..."

"To some degree it was Mr Wainwright, it stemmed from the idea of women as frail things that needed to be protected like one would a delicate flower...however the idea of helping others is not wrong, and I have a feeling you would help and elderly man down the steps just as readily as you would help a woman."
Udella said with a small smile.
He nodded, smiling warmly, "Or an infirm youth, or hold the door open for someone trying to get in out of the rain, or even offer a measure of compassion and dignity for the condemned prisoner waiting in a cell... The important distinction, I suppose, is in whether you address the one to whom you extend a hand as an inferior or an equal or superior; a bit of humility goes a long way."

"Yes...you are right about that Mr Wainwright, sleepers getting involved would be bad in more than one way."
Leon agreed and nodded in agreement.
He nodded, "And children and pets are inconveniently prone to go exploring if you leave an opening like that. Not the sort of thing you want to risk in the sort of battle we're facing."

James nodded and gave the Quintessence tanks an uneasy look.
"Yeah...don't mention it Mr Wainwright, you are right I do not like them but we all have to help one another other on this mission if we plan on getting home survive."
The Jerbiton said with an slight smile as you came down the ladder.
He grinned wickedly, "Well, look at it this way - the Fallen might think they'll like these, but they're more than likely in for an unpleasant surprise when they see we can deploy the contents with only ill effects for them."

"Yes it sounds like that weeping is half in our world, half in another...we should hope we are lucky enough that it is a ghost, they are seldom much of a bother in our physical world, I wear it might be something else though and yes indeed I do hope it is not some ancient half God."
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.
"We are going to have to check the noise out and hope that whatever it is it will not be to hard to deal with."
He nodded, "Some ancient demigods might be less of a worry than others - the ones who actually show up as omens of death would be rather an unpleasant distraction when heading into battle."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:57 pm

Colin pondered, "Hum, I wonder if I might perhaps be able to shape a cage of primal fire? It might not last for long, but it would certainly be unpleasant for whoever was trying to get through..."

"If you are able to put such a cage up quickly then that would be useful, then again how fast are your spellcasting Mr Wainwright?"
Loretta asked and raised and eyebrow.

He chuckled softly, "I certainly mean to make every effort to ensure she is. I've seen the future, though; I think she'll be very fond of however many years we'll get, though I strongly suspect I will be the one to leave her behind, somehow..."

"Perhaps you will be the fortunate one then, it is not easy to be the one left behind."
Cara said and smiled sadly.
"Well for what it is worth I hope that the both of you get long, happy lives."
The Criamon said and nodded.

He nodded, smiling warmly, "Or an infirm youth, or hold the door open for someone trying to get in out of the rain, or even offer a measure of compassion and dignity for the condemned prisoner waiting in a cell... The important distinction, I suppose, is in whether you address the one to whom you extend a hand as an inferior or an equal or superior; a bit of humility goes a long way."

"Very true, there is a difference between an actual kindness or an action done of of a sense of superiority, and I think you...show actual kindness young man."
Udella said and smiled warmly.
"As you say a bit of humility go a long way."
She added as she reached the bottom and Jake who had gone down before her helped her the rest of her down to the sewer tunnel floor.

He nodded, "And children and pets are inconveniently prone to go exploring if you leave an opening like that. Not the sort of thing you want to risk in the sort of battle we're facing."

"You are right, better close the lid securely before we advance then, so we do not get pets and kids in our hair as we try to deal with the bloody Nephandi."
Leon muttered and glanced up.

He grinned wickedly, "Well, look at it this way - the Fallen might think they'll like these, but they're more than likely in for an unpleasant surprise when they see we can deploy the contents with only ill effects for them."

"Well whatever harms the Nephandi is a good thing Mr Wainwright, however I am more concerned with that foul hell juice harming us as well, but I guess your plan is sane enough so I hope you can pull it off."
James said and tried to be diplomatic, he gave and uneasy smile.

He nodded, "Some ancient demigods might be less of a worry than others - the ones who actually show up as omens of death would be rather an unpleasant distraction when heading into battle."

"Yes...that would be...unfortunate...very unfortunate...no use speculating what the creature might be though."
Crexia said then she begun to cautiously move in the direction the weeping was coming from."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:17 pm

He carefully made his way down the ladder - unstrapping the tanks' harness if necessary to fit through the hole - and hoisted the cover into place. "Best close the entrance to avoid accidents with Sleepers..."

He offered back the crow bar towards Colin, so he could pull the cover closed and also so he would have it handy if they needed it to open it again, and retreat.

"The maintenance shed where the entrance to the Labyrinth hidden in it should be around ten meters that direction according to the map." Crexia said and checked said map on her phone while she pointed with her flashlight down the dark path.
"Sodalis, what was that?" Udella said and glanced in the dark towards the direction of the maintenance hut.
"I thought it was the baby in the apartment above but it is not, it is a spirit." The old Quesitor said, and she was right, you heard soft weeping from further down the dark corridor, a weeping sound that did not have a physical source. "We are going to have to check it out."
He narrowed his eyes in the direction the others indicated, and raised his yet-unlit flashlight and pistol in that general direction, finger outside the trigger loop, "A spirit sufficiently manifested to be heard here? That's not necessarily good..."

He wondered if it was the same spirit they'd seen before, the one that had been shot in the face, or a different one. Whatever it was, if it was a ghost, or some type of lure or distraction, they would apparently have to find out in order to progress. He followed Crexia, keeping Nancy and Cara close by and standing slightly to the front of them so that they were covered. And he kept the swatter handy, just in case it turned out to be a malignant.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:25 pm

You get a few meters into the tunnel, it got darker as you got further away from the manhole above. You soon see a dirty, gray metal door that led to a maintenance shed, a small room that would normally contain tools and perhaps a fuse box for this section of the sewers, beside the door stood a figure, it was the same woman you had seen near Morningstar's apartment, a young woman with dirty blond hair that you could just sort of see hidden in the shadows, one eye and a large part of her skull was just gone, what was left of her face was thorn and bloody, staining her hair and she was weeping softly, seemingly at first not to notice the gaggle of mages, but then she lifted her face and looked at your group with her remaining eye.
"Leave...leave now before there is more death!"
She whispered, her voice like wind over a metal grating.
"Leave before the gatekeeper comes."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:45 am

"If you are able to put such a cage up quickly then that would be useful, then again how fast are your spellcasting Mr Wainwright?"
Loretta asked and raised and eyebrow.
Colin grimaced, "Pretty fast... but not that fast. I could probably conjure up the equivalent of a portcullis in a few seconds, but I honestly don't think that would last longer than the blink of an eye, or have more power than enough to surprise a house fly... I suppose, though, that I could prepare it and hold it at the ready - but considering the other tasks I need to perform, possibly in rapid succession, I'm afraid I can't spare the focus. Haven't quite worked out hanging spells yet. Hell, I only discovered I can scry through time less than two hours ago, and that was unsettling as it was."

"Perhaps you will be the fortunate one then, it is not easy to be the one left behind."
Cara said and smiled sadly.
"Well for what it is worth I hope that the both of you get long, happy lives."
The Criamon said and nodded.
He smiled thinly, "There's always hope, and future Freddy obviously wouldn't say how long we got, or the circumstances in which I left her... but it was clear from her look that it had been some time since she had seen me. And the fact that a piece of jewelry I will have made for her had not been properly maintained for at least a century... Well, perhaps I'll be preceding her as a Postulant, perhaps my fate will be something entirely different... Well, probably the latter."

"Very true, there is a difference between an actual kindness or an action done of of a sense of superiority, and I think you...show actual kindness young man."
Udella said and smiled warmly.
"As you say a bit of humility go a long way."
She added as she reached the bottom and Jake who had gone down before her helped her the rest of her down to the sewer tunnel floor.
He smiled, giving her a sly wink, "I suppose I had a very good role model to live up to, even if perhaps I didn't quite remember clearly up until recently."

He offered back the crow bar towards Colin, so he could pull the cover closed and also so he would have it handy if they needed it to open it again, and retreat.
He nodded and used the crowbar to more easily hook the cover into place, and hung the crowbar on the top rung of the ladder, "Thanks; opening these things from below is in any case mostly just a matter of pushing up - a lot simpler than trying to get a grip on the lid from above."
He looked down to the brothers, "Ah, I'm afraid I'm going to need both hands down there - would either of you care to take the crowbar in case we encounter a locked door?"

"You are right, better close the lid securely before we advance then, so we do not get pets and kids in our hair as we try to deal with the bloody Nephandi."
Leon muttered and glanced up.
He nodded, "Precisely. Good thing those things are a lot easier to hoist back into place from underneath..."

"Well whatever harms the Nephandi is a good thing Mr Wainwright, however I am more concerned with that foul hell juice harming us as well, but I guess your plan is sane enough so I hope you can pull it off."
James said and tried to be diplomatic, he gave and uneasy smile.
He chuckled, "Sanity has nothing to do with it, my good man; not so long as I can do it. But yes, my method is reliable, as has been already amply evidenced these past 24 hours or so, but as with anything involving hazardous materials, it's not completely accident-proof... I am firmly convinced, though, that the novel nature of the rote places the odds solidly in our favour."

"Yes...that would be...unfortunate...very unfortunate...no use speculating what the creature might be though."
Crexia said then she begun to cautiously move in the direction the weeping was coming from."
He nodded, carefully aiming the light well beside Crexia, to avoid silhouetting her too clearly for whatever might be down the passage.

You get a few meters into the tunnel, it got darker as you got further away from the manhole above. You soon see a dirty, gray metal door that led to a maintenance shed, a small room that would normally contain tools and perhaps a fuse box for this section of the sewers, beside the door stood a figure, it was the same woman you had seen near Morningstar's apartment, a young woman with dirty blond hair that you could just sort of see hidden in the shadows, one eye and a large part of her skull was just gone, what was left of her face was thorn and bloody, staining her hair and she was weeping softly, seemingly at first not to notice the gaggle of mages, but then she lifted her face and looked at your group with her remaining eye.
"Leave...leave now before there is more death!"
She whispered, her voice like wind over a metal grating.
"Leave before the gatekeeper comes."
He frowned and leaned closer to Adley, whispering, "You know more about these sorts of encounters than me... Do you think she can be negotiated with, or will we have to, er, challenge her?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:58 am

Colin grimaced, "Pretty fast... but not that fast. I could probably conjure up the equivalent of a portcullis in a few seconds, but I honestly don't think that would last longer than the blink of an eye, or have more power than enough to surprise a house fly... I suppose, though, that I could prepare it and hold it at the ready - but considering the other tasks I need to perform, possibly in rapid succession, I'm afraid I can't spare the focus. Haven't quite worked out hanging spells yet. Hell, I only discovered I can scry through time less than two hours ago, and that was unsettling as it was."

"Hum... our best hope for dealing with those werebears if we encounter them then is probably me getting one of my hung spells off fast enough, or hoping a hail of bullets will slow them down until other magick can be used. Off course ideally we will figure out where they are and be able to set some sort of trap, it is amazing what can be done with just a bit of preparation Mr Wainwright."
Loretta said then she gave you a smile.
"Ah congratulations on developing your magick further then."

He smiled thinly, "There's always hope, and future Freddy obviously wouldn't say how long we got, or the circumstances in which I left her... but it was clear from her look that it had been some time since she had seen me. And the fact that a piece of jewelry I will have made for her had not been properly maintained for at least a century... Well, perhaps I'll be preceding her as a Postulant, perhaps my fate will be something entirely different... Well, probably the latter."

"Well that must have been disconcerting to see Mr Wainwright, being reminded of our own doom is not a plesant thing, then again we are magi, our very wills change the nature of reality so surly we can also change fate and the flow of our future."
Cara said with a compassionate smile.
"Perhaps you can find a way to avoid leaving her, then again if you left to become a Postulant, that really is a happy thing, if you i the future feel called to do so."

He smiled, giving her a sly wink, "I suppose I had a very good role model to live up to, even if perhaps I didn't quite remember clearly up until recently."

Udella again gave you an odd, pondering look before she shook her head a little to get her thoughts back to the here and now.
"I see Mr Wainwright, we sometimes what influences us are not clear before later in our lives."

He nodded and used the crowbar to more easily hook the cover into place, and hung the crowbar on the top rung of the ladder, "Thanks; opening these things from below is in any case mostly just a matter of pushing up - a lot simpler than trying to get a grip on the lid from above."

You easily move the manhole cover back into place, an there the corridor lay in darkness illuminated only by your flashlights and the small streams of light from the gridded holes in the cover.

He looked down to the brothers, "Ah, I'm afraid I'm going to need both hands down there - would either of you care to take the crowbar in case we encounter a locked door?"

"I think most of us will be needing our hands free, for magick or to handle weapons."
Leon said but Loretta held out a hand that looked like crowbars where not the sort of thing she usually would handle, her fingers where tipped by perfectly manicured nails and her hands looked like she had not done a single spot of physical labor in her life.
"I can carry it."
She offered in a sweet voice.
"It might come in handy down here, and I do not use my hands for magick."
She said in a tone of voice that said that her hands where used for completely different things.

He nodded, "Precisely. Good thing those things are a lot easier to hoist back into place from underneath..."

Leon just nodded at that.

He chuckled, "Sanity has nothing to do with it, my good man; not so long as I can do it. But yes, my method is reliable, as has been already amply evidenced these past 24 hours or so, but as with anything involving hazardous materials, it's not completely accident-proof... I am firmly convinced, though, that the novel nature of the rote places the odds solidly in our favour."

James nodded at that.
"Yes you did explain your plain and while I am worried about the chance for...accidents, the plan itself is not bad Mr Wainwright but yes as you say...it might not be the sanest plan ever made."
The Jerbiton said with a bit of a smile.
"I will be glad when we are rid of the foul stuff though."

He frowned and leaned closer to Adley, whispering, "You know more about these sorts of encounters than me... Do you think she can be negotiated with, or will we have to, er, challenge her?"

"I am more concerned about whoever this gatekeeper is Mr Wainwright than the woman herself for she is a human remanent, she can be easily banished if she decide to be an issue, I am concerned as to why she is here though, this ghost is not unfamiliar to me, she haunts a parking lot near one of our asserts...so what are she doing in these sewers waring us about...ehm...gatekeepers?"
Crexia who had apparently heard your whisper to Adley muttered in a hushed tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:43 am

"Hum... our best hope for dealing with those werebears if we encounter them then is probably me getting one of my hung spells off fast enough, or hoping a hail of bullets will slow them down until other magick can be used. Off course ideally we will figure out where they are and be able to set some sort of trap, it is amazing what can be done with just a bit of preparation Mr Wainwright."
Loretta said then she gave you a smile.
"Ah congratulations on developing your magick further then."
Colin grimaced again, "Thank you, but finding out on board the Serafina was not the most pleasant of circumstances. Hopefully, my next advancement will be a little less disconcerting."

"Well that must have been disconcerting to see Mr Wainwright, being reminded of our own doom is not a plesant thing, then again we are magi, our very wills change the nature of reality so surly we can also change fate and the flow of our future."
Cara said with a compassionate smile.
"Perhaps you can find a way to avoid leaving her, then again if you left to become a Postulant, that really is a happy thing, if you i the future feel called to do so."
He nodded, "Who knows what will become of me? The only thing that seems likely is that I'll leave Freddy behind - whether through death or Ascension, I guess I'll find out when that day comes."

Udella again gave you an odd, pondering look before she shook her head a little to get her thoughts back to the here and now.
"I see Mr Wainwright, we sometimes what influences us are not clear before later in our lives."
He nodded, "And sometimes, it takes centuries to see the seeds we sow bear fruit."

"I think most of us will be needing our hands free, for magick or to handle weapons."
Leon said but Loretta held out a hand that looked like crowbars where not the sort of thing she usually would handle, her fingers where tipped by perfectly manicured nails and her hands looked like she had not done a single spot of physical labor in her life.
"I can carry it."
She offered in a sweet voice.
"It might come in handy down here, and I do not use my hands for magick."
She said in a tone of voice that said that her hands where used for completely different things.
He gave Loretta a nod and handed over the crowbar, "Thank you. And in case you need to smack someone over the head, I suppose it'll come in handy for that, too."

James nodded at that.
"Yes you did explain your plain and while I am worried about the chance for...accidents, the plan itself is not bad Mr Wainwright but yes as you say...it might not be the sanest plan ever made."
The Jerbiton said with a bit of a smile.
"I will be glad when we are rid of the foul stuff though."
He grinned wryly, "Yes, and once the tanks are empty, all that remains is the rest of the crud on board the Serafina itself. I've got a long-term cleaning project there."

"I am more concerned about whoever this gatekeeper is Mr Wainwright than the woman herself for she is a human remanent, she can be easily banished if she decide to be an issue, I am concerned as to why she is here though, this ghost is not unfamiliar to me, she haunts a parking lot near one of our asserts...so what are she doing in these sewers waring us about...ehm...gatekeepers?"
Crexia who had apparently heard your whisper to Adley muttered in a hushed tone of voice.
He frowned and looked closer at the headshot lady, "I'm sorry, miss, but we have to press on... We are here to prevent more death than necessary. Who or what is this Gatekeeper?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:53 pm

Colin grimaced again, "Thank you, but finding out on board the Serafina was not the most pleasant of circumstances. Hopefully, my next advancement will be a little less disconcerting."

"Ah...no I was asked to scry on board the Serafina and I just could not do it, just the start of what I saw snapped me out of my trance and left me ill for days..."
Loretta said in a disgusted tone of voice and shuddered.
"Yes I certainly hope your next advancement are a little more peaceful."

He nodded, "Who knows what will become of me? The only thing that seems likely is that I'll leave Freddy behind - whether through death or Ascension, I guess I'll find out when that day comes."

"I guess it is true for all of us, we never know how long we have, we might live to be as old as the Chief or Lady Crexia or choke on a potato tomorrow, I guess all any of us can do is try to lead good, meaningful lives while we are here, to give our souls good lessons to take with them to their next hosts and then, part of us will live on in them."
Cara said and gave you a bittersweet smile.

He nodded, "And sometimes, it takes centuries to see the seeds we sow bear fruit."

"Very true Mr Wainwright, you are a wise man for someone so young."
Udella said and gave you an acknowledging nod though she still looked thoughtful.

He gave Loretta a nod and handed over the crowbar, "Thank you. And in case you need to smack someone over the head, I suppose it'll come in handy for that, too."

Loretta gave a little smirk.
"Believe it or not Mr Wainwright but I have never had to beat someone up with a steel bar before but you are right, it might come in handy in a pinch, though I do carry a gun, I am not nearly as good of a shot as my apprentice though."
She said fondly and looked at Rosario who muttered grumpily.
"Mentor you are embarrassing me!"

He grinned wryly, "Yes, and once the tanks are empty, all that remains is the rest of the crud on board the Serafina itself. I've got a long-term cleaning project there."

The Jerbiton look at you with shocked eyes and blinked a few times then he gave a half smile.
"Ehm...yes...well you enjoy that Mr Wainwright."

He frowned and looked closer at the headshot lady, "I'm sorry, miss, but we have to press on... We are here to prevent more death than necessary. Who or what is this Gatekeeper?"

The woman looked straight at you when you spoke to her.
"I can't get in...I can't get in, a wall of darkness and hate is there, and I am sent back to the place I died again and again."
She wept as she took a step towards you hiding her face in her hands.
"He is a spirit but not like me, he is one who have always been a spirit...he comes to laugh at me at times, I am nothing to him, he guards the door...please Sir...save my son...they took him...took him."
The woman who was there or perhaps she was just a shadow wept her words a jumble.
"I can't get in!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:53 pm

"Ah...no I was asked to scry on board the Serafina and I just could not do it, just the start of what I saw snapped me out of my trance and left me ill for days..."
Loretta said in a disgusted tone of voice and shuddered.
"Yes I certainly hope your next advancement are a little more peaceful."
Colin nodded, "I was... fortunate, I suppose. My vision did not include any grisly details, and it was merely surprise that floored me. Still, I saw the crew in a state of panic; it was... unsettling."

"Very true Mr Wainwright, you are a wise man for someone so young."
Udella said and gave you an acknowledging nod though she still looked thoughtful.
He smiled, "I have read a lot, and I've had a lot of time to think... and I have a good guide, as it were."

Loretta gave a little smirk.
"Believe it or not Mr Wainwright but I have never had to beat someone up with a steel bar before but you are right, it might come in handy in a pinch, though I do carry a gun, I am not nearly as good of a shot as my apprentice though."
She said fondly and looked at Rosario who muttered grumpily.
"Mentor you are embarrassing me!"
He gave Rosario a small grin, "Good marksmanship is nothing to be embarassed about."

The Jerbiton look at you with shocked eyes and blinked a few times then he gave a half smile.
"Ehm...yes...well you enjoy that Mr Wainwright."
He sighed, "No, I probably won't... But it needs doing, and I just might be the person who can get the cleaning done, even though I suspect I'll need a bit of help from Magi with more power and skill than myself. But I'm quite certain the ship can be cleansed, and we just might need her at some not-too-distant point in the future..."

The woman looked straight at you when you spoke to her.
"I can't get in...I can't get in, a wall of darkness and hate is there, and I am sent back to the place I died again and again."
"He is a spirit but not like me, he is one who have always been a spirit...he comes to laugh at me at times, I am nothing to him, he guards the door...please Sir...save my son...they took him...took him."
The woman who was there or perhaps she was just a shadow wept her words a jumble.
"I can't get in!"
He frowned, "We'll tear down the wall of darkness and hate... the Gatekeeper, we might be able to deal with him swiftly... But how long... I mean, when did they take your son?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:21 pm

Colin nodded, "I was... fortunate, I suppose. My vision did not include any grisly details, and it was merely surprise that floored me. Still, I saw the crew in a state of panic; it was... unsettling."

"I saw...some of the deaths, just a glimpse, the crew turning on one another and ripping one another to shreds, I never want to see something like that again."
Loretta said and shook her head.
"I am fortunate all I saw was a glimpse."
She added and she had turned visibly paler, Rosario gave her teacher a concerned look.

He smiled, "I have read a lot, and I've had a lot of time to think... and I have a good guide, as it were."

Udella nodded again.
"Knowledge, time and a little humility can buy allot of wisdom indeed you man and so can...a good guide..."
The old Quesitor said as she looked at you again, regarding you with her dark eyes.
"You have to introduce me to this guide of yours at some time Mr Wainwright I would very much like to meet him or her..."

He gave Rosario a small grin, "Good marksmanship is nothing to be embarassed about."

Rosario smiled a little.
"No it is not a Mentor that act like a proud parent at a school talent show though..."
She said and gave Loretta a bit of a scowl, the older mage just chuckled and patted her apprentice on the shoulder.

He sighed, "No, I probably won't... But it needs doing, and I just might be the person who can get the cleaning done, even though I suspect I'll need a bit of help from Magi with more power and skill than myself. But I'm quite certain the ship can be cleansed, and we just might need her at some not-too-distant point in the future..."

James nodded and sigh, he handed the tanks back to you as you stepped down onto the sewer floor.
"I can not be much help there I fear Mr Wainwright but I do wish you the best of luck, if you can fix the Serafina then another good ship in the Traditions' fleet would not be a bad thing."
He said though he gave you a bit of a look as well.
"You think you will be needing an Umbral research ship soon Mr Wainwright?"
He asked sounding confused.

He frowned, "We'll tear down the wall of darkness and hate... the Gatekeeper, we might be able to deal with him swiftly... But how long... I mean, when did they take your son?"

"You can...tear the wall down...so I can get inside? I want my son."
The woman wept, she touched your hand in a pleading fashion, but she was not really there so her touch just felt like the threads of a spiderweb gently caressing your skin.
"The Gatekeeper will kill you...flee!"
She warned and sobbed.
"This is a bad place...a dark place...I want my son..."
The woman seamed confused by your question she looked at you with her one good eye, she had been beautiful once, when her face was whole.
"I...I do not know...is it still 1996? For if so they took him just a week ago...and he is just a little boy, he will be so scared here alone in this dark place with strangers...I want my son but I can't get in!"
She screamed and shuddered.
"I want my son!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:42 pm

"I saw...some of the deaths, just a glimpse, the crew turning on one another and ripping one another to shreds, I never want to see something like that again."
Loretta said and shook her head.
"I am fortunate all I saw was a glimpse."
She added and she had turned visibly paler, Rosario gave her teacher a concerned look.
Colin nodded, "I think I can manage to get a... recording of the events; a temporarily enchanted lens for a videocamera should be able to do it... But I'd rather not be the one to watch the whole series of events from beginning to end, no..."

Udella nodded again.
"Knowledge, time and a little humility can buy allot of wisdom indeed you man and so can...a good guide..."
The old Quesitor said as she looked at you again, regarding you with her dark eyes.
"You have to introduce me to this guide of yours at some time Mr Wainwright I would very much like to meet him or her..."
He smiled, "She'd like that, I think."

Rosario smiled a little.
"No it is not a Mentor that act like a proud parent at a school talent show though..."
She said and gave Loretta a bit of a scowl, the older mage just chuckled and patted her apprentice on the shoulder.
He chuckled softly, "Well, I suppose it's still better than a disappointed expression."

James nodded and sigh, he handed the tanks back to you as you stepped down onto the sewer floor.
"I can not be much help there I fear Mr Wainwright but I do wish you the best of luck, if you can fix the Serafina then another good ship in the Traditions' fleet would not be a bad thing."
He said though he gave you a bit of a look as well.
"You think you will be needing an Umbral research ship soon Mr Wainwright?"
He asked sounding confused.
He shrugged, "More that I think we might need every combat-capable ship ready in, oh, maybe twenty years' time."

"You can...tear the wall down...so I can get inside? I want my son."
The woman wept, she touched your hand in a pleading fashion, but she was not really there so her touch just felt like the threads of a spiderweb gently caressing your skin.
"The Gatekeeper will kill you...flee!"
She warned and sobbed.
"This is a bad place...a dark place...I want my son..."
He gently tried to pat the woman's hand with his own, not quite feeling the resistance that ought to have been there, "If you can sense when the Gatekeeper approaches, I think we can deal with him... And yes, this is a bad, dark place... what's your son's name?"

The woman seamed confused by your question she looked at you with her one good eye, she had been beautiful once, when her face was whole.
"I...I do not know...is it still 1996? For if so they took him just a week ago...and he is just a little boy, he will be so scared here alone in this dark place with strangers...I want my son but I can't get in!"
"I want my son!"
He frowned and looked back at the others, mouthing silently, 'Should I tell her or not?'

((OOC: Well, the little boy of 20 years ago might be a big, bad Nephandi by now. Or dead. Hard to say. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Colin nodded, "I think I can manage to get a... recording of the events; a temporarily enchanted lens for a videocamera should be able to do it... But I'd rather not be the one to watch the whole series of events from beginning to end, no..."

"I would not want to watch that recording either, perhaps no one should, but then again I think it would help Miss Kelly to...learn what really happened with her father's ship, but watching something like that...it will not be good."
Loretta said and shook her head so her red curls danced around her shoulders, she still looked pale though.

He smiled, "She'd like that, I think."

"I would be honored to meet her then."
Udella said and gave you a warm smile.

He chuckled softly, "Well, I suppose it's still better than a disappointed expression."

"That it is...I would not want to disappoint her."
Rosario said and grinned. Loretta gave wry smile.
"No one want to disappoint me darling."
She declared and her apprentice sigh and shook her head.
"Well at least teacher you are always yourself."
She muttered.

He shrugged, "More that I think we might need every combat-capable ship ready in, oh, maybe twenty years' time."

James raised an eyebrow.
"Do I even want to ask what that is about Mr Wainwright?"
He asked looking rather puzzled.

He gently tried to pat the woman's hand with his own, not quite feeling the resistance that ought to have been there, "If you can sense when the Gatekeeper approaches, I think we can deal with him... And yes, this is a bad, dark place... what's your son's name?"

"He eats...he eats, not the emotions I exist of but energy non the less, he is already here but he eats so he can kill, you must flee"
The women wailed.
"Bad yes...a place of tears and screams and sometimes I scream as well being close to this place, as if every regret I have is growing, ready to strike and consume me but I want my son...I do not care what happens to me I just want my son back!"
She screamed, her spiderweb prickle hand twitching in yours then suddenly she smiled something that made her mangled face look even more grotesque.
"Eddie...his name is Eddie...my little Eddie...ehm Edmund Tilder...he is such a sweet little boy...I can't get in, I can't find my little boy!"
She muttered and started sobbing again.

He frowned and looked back at the others, mouthing silently, 'Should I tell her or not?'

Crexia looked at the halfway manifested woman and sigh sadly.
"You can try but I am not sure if she can understand she is trapped in the time and situation of her death...poor soul..."

(OOC: Yes, well it is doubtful he is a sweet little kid anymore though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:21 pm

He nodded at that, adding yet more knowledge about skulking about sewers to his ever growing list of new talents. Things they did not teach you in college. For the most part he was focused on what they were doing. Not wanting to talk to much, given the circumstances.

He frowned at the spirit as it began to speak. Oh, but it was her, the one from the parking lot...and what she said was predictably not good. He wished Adjan was there with them, Euthanatos were supposed to be able to deal well with ghosts. Plus, he trusted him. Why though...

"Leave...leave now before there is more death!" She whispered, her voice like wind over a metal grating. "Leave before the gatekeeper comes.

He didn't think she was the problem...but why she was there, and the gatekeepers definitely sounded like spirits he didn't want to have to deal with. He wasn't entirely surprised, given the other Labyrinth had one, but he wasn't sure what the best way to have to deal with it was - aside from not having to do it at all. That would be the best case.

"I think we can talk to her, yes. It's this Gatekeeper that seems the trouble..."

"I can't get in!"
"I want my son!"
"He eats...he eats, not the emotions I exist of but energy non the less, he is already here but he eats so he can kill, you must flee"
The women wailed.

"Can you help us get through without the gatekeeper harming us?" He filed the name of the boy away. "How can we get through? How did you die, who killed you?"

"You can try but I am not sure if she can understand she is trapped in the time and situation of her death...poor soul..."

// my net kept going in and out like a cat last night : / Sorry for the shortish reply, running to work!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:59 pm

"Can you help us get through without the gatekeeper harming us?"

"He have not harmed me, and do not harm the...I think they are magicians, who live her but he will rip apart everyone else. There came a group down here, a peculiar bunch, they did not see me and I did not show myself either, some of them where bulky and had metal for bones, and they where so bland and sharp as a knife of ice, they assaulted the hurtful wall of screams that sound this dark place and...then the Gatekeeper came...and all but one of them died...they screamed and cried and begged but they died..."
The woman wept.
"I do not know how to get past the Gatekeeper, he do not harm me, but I do not know why."
She added.

He filed the name of the boy away. "How can we get through? How did you die, who killed you?"

"I want to get though...but I can't...I want my son...I want my son...I would tell you if I knew Sir but I don't...please run...run before the Gatekeeper kills you."
The woman wailed then she looked down and put a hand to her head.
"I...it all happened so fast, I was walking from my car towards my apartment, his hand in mine...I was angry for he was fussy...begged for treats, was noisy at the store...then a car drove up to us and stopped and...there was a sound and a flash of light and I was on the ground...all was so strange...I was me but not me...like if part of me was gone, and I was I stood there looking at myself I was bleeding on the ground, my groceries getting soggy with bits of my brain. I remember wondering why it did not hurt, it seamed strange that it would not hurt, I could not scream...or move and I was cold, words where gone, memory was gone...I watched one of the men lead my son away...he was screaming...I saw this but did not understand and then...there was nothing...I was gone."
The woman sobbed.
"They shot me and took my son...took him here and I want him back...give me my little boy back please!"
The dead woman whimpered and cried looking at the Hermetic with tears flowing down her remaining cheek.

(OOC: Not a problem, enjoy your day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:28 am

"I would not want to watch that recording either, perhaps no one should, but then again I think it would help Miss Kelly to...learn what really happened with her father's ship, but watching something like that...it will not be good."
Loretta said and shook her head so her red curls danced around her shoulders, she still looked pale though.
Colin nodded, "On the other hand, the benefit of such a recording would be the ability to... stop watching so one can compose oneself. The ability to pause the horrors, and possibly tag in someone else to take note of important details, seems like the most valuable asset to determine exactly what happened... and where."

"I would be honored to meet her then."
Udella said and gave you a warm smile.
He grinned, "After the battle, then; or more precisely, we'll make arrangements after the battle."

James raised an eyebrow.
"Do I even want to ask what that is about Mr Wainwright?"
He asked looking rather puzzled.
He frowned, "A vision of the future... Two Nephandi Battlecruisers attack Horizon. But we'll have some greatly improved defenses by then, I think, thanks to Admiral Hastings."

The women wailed.
"He have not harmed me, and do not harm the...I think they are magicians, who live her but he will rip apart everyone else. There came a group down here, a peculiar bunch, they did not see me and I did not show myself either, some of them where bulky and had metal for bones, and they where so bland and sharp as a knife of ice, they assaulted the hurtful wall of screams that sound this dark place and...then the Gatekeeper came...and all but one of them died...they screamed and cried and begged but they died..."
The woman wept.
"I do not know how to get past the Gatekeeper, he do not harm me, but I do not know why."
She added.
He grimaced and slowly pocketed the pistol to draw the dagger, "Bugger, that sounds like one of miss Jerkins' children... The things eat magic, not spirits, and they're... disturbing at best. Technocrats would be little match for the things, especially if they did not expect it... The HIT-Marks were probably killed after it fed on the others... hum... how did the one survive?"

"Bad yes...a place of tears and screams and sometimes I scream as well being close to this place, as if every regret I have is growing, ready to strike and consume me but I want my son...I do not care what happens to me I just want my son back!"
She screamed, her spiderweb prickle hand twitching in yours then suddenly she smiled something that made her mangled face look even more grotesque.
"Eddie...his name is Eddie...my little Eddie...ehm Edmund Tilder...he is such a sweet little boy...I can't get in, I can't find my little boy!"
She muttered and started sobbing again.
He nodded, "If he's in there... we may not find him to still be the sweet little boy he was..."

"I want to get though...but I can't...I want my son...I want my son...I would tell you if I knew Sir but I don't...please run...run before the Gatekeeper kills you."
The woman wailed then she looked down and put a hand to her head.
"I...it all happened so fast, I was walking from my car towards my apartment, his hand in mine...I was angry for he was fussy...begged for treats, was noisy at the store...then a car drove up to us and stopped and...there was a sound and a flash of light and I was on the ground...all was so strange...I was me but not me...like if part of me was gone, and I was I stood there looking at myself I was bleeding on the ground, my groceries getting soggy with bits of my brain. I remember wondering why it did not hurt, it seamed strange that it would not hurt, I could not scream...or move and I was cold, words where gone, memory was gone...I watched one of the men lead my son away...he was screaming...I saw this but did not understand and then...there was nothing...I was gone."
The woman sobbed.
"They shot me and took my son...took him here and I want him back...give me my little boy back please!"
The dead woman whimpered and cried looking at the Hermetic with tears flowing down her remaining cheek.
He sighed and looked back at the ghost, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Tilder, but... Edmund would be a grown man now, it's been twenty years... He may still be here, but no longer the sweet boy you knew."

((OOC: It looks like Adley wanted to write more there...))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:04 am

Colin nodded, "On the other hand, the benefit of such a recording would be the ability to... stop watching so one can compose oneself. The ability to pause the horrors, and possibly tag in someone else to take note of important details, seems like the most valuable asset to determine exactly what happened... and where."

"True enough, and getting the details could be useful, horrifying yes but useful, but I do not envy the person who's job it would be to get such a recording, nor do I envy the one who get to watch such a thing, even if you can pause it."
Loretta said with a grimace.

He grinned, "After the battle, then; or more precisely, we'll make arrangements after the battle."

Udella nodded.
"I would like that Mr Wainwright, after the battle then, we will make the needed arrangements."

He frowned, "A vision of the future... Two Nephandi Battlecruisers attack Horizon. But we'll have some greatly improved defenses by then, I think, thanks to Admiral Hastings."

"Admiral Hastings are the Etherite who rule the Sons' fleet of Umbral ships is she not? Wait...The Nephandi will attack Horizon but...that is horrible! And you have seen this in a vision Mr Wainwright? Do you think this future attack have anything to do with the troubles we find ourselves in today?"
James said his eyes wide with surprise and worry.

He grimaced and slowly pocketed the pistol to draw the dagger, "Bugger, that sounds like one of miss Jerkins' children... The things eat magic, not spirits, and they're... disturbing at best. Technocrats would be little match for the things, especially if they did not expect it... The HIT-Marks were probably killed after it fed on the others...

Crexia muttered something in Greek that you had heard Master Morgan say as well and while you did not understand the words the expression of dismay was clear.
"That...would make sense actually those foul things would be pretty good guard dogs..."
She muttered as she took a hold of her whip.
"Let us try not to be this thing's next meal!"
She said calmly, if she was afraid she did not show it, there where only calm determination on her pretty face.

hum... how did the one survive?"

"He stopped using Arcon...ehm no that is not what your powers are called, he just shot at the Gatekeeper, he was still alive the the magicians that live here came to find out what was going on, a tall dark man the others called Gabriel...I did not like him, said he wanted to interrogate the surviving man and they dragged him into the structure beyond the wall...I tried to peek in but I did not see my son...I want my son...I want him now!"
The ghost wept, she seamed to have a rather one track mind.

He nodded, "If he's in there... we may not find him to still be the sweet little boy he was..."

"Off course he will be, my Eddie is a sweet boy, he is a fussy eater and when he gets scared he still wet his bed, but he is kind and dear and nice to his friends, and he is such a cleaver boy, he already knows how to read."
The weeping woman said in a tone of voice that said she thought you had said something really, really stupid, as if claiming the sky was green.

He sighed and looked back at the ghost, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Tilder, but... Edmund would be a grown man now, it's been twenty years... He may still be here, but no longer the sweet boy you knew."

The woman looked at you, she blinked with her good eye a few times and looked as if she could not fathom what you had said.
"That...is impossible...Eddie...Eddie is just five...he is a darling little boy who have just started school, he likes green yellow and can not sleep without his plush cat...he is not a grown man...you must be mistaken...I was just picking him up at school and was heading home with the groceries and...no you are mistaken Sir Eddie is a little boy...and he will be lonely and scared without his mother. I want my son back...I want my son back."
The ghost whimpered and started full on sobbing again.
"Please I just want my son back!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:22 pm

"True enough, and getting the details could be useful, horrifying yes but useful, but I do not envy the person who's job it would be to get such a recording, nor do I envy the one who get to watch such a thing, even if you can pause it."
Loretta said with a grimace.
Colin nodded, "I think... I can get such a recording without having to watch it all... I'd still have to glance at the recording to make sure it's all there..."

"Admiral Hastings are the Etherite who rule the Sons' fleet of Umbral ships is she not? Wait...The Nephandi will attack Horizon but...that is horrible! And you have seen this in a vision Mr Wainwright? Do you think this future attack have anything to do with the troubles we find ourselves in today?"
James said his eyes wide with surprise and worry.
He scratched his head, "It's twenty years in the future, and yes, that Hastings... As for how much it has to do with the present situation... There are individuals - such as myself - who are present and fighting then and now, but any more specific connections? Heaven knows."

Crexia muttered something in Greek that you had heard Master Morgan say as well and while you did not understand the words the expression of dismay was clear.
"That...would make sense actually those foul things would be pretty good guard dogs..."
She muttered as she took a hold of her whip.
"Let us try not to be this thing's next meal!"
She said calmly, if she was afraid she did not show it, there where only calm determination on her pretty face.
He nodded, "We encountered one at Nicolai's apartment, when we rescued miss Bergen. They can be baited with magic - like a big ball of primal fire - but it will make them come back stronger. They make the perfect guards against Magi."

"He stopped using Arcon...ehm no that is not what your powers are called, he just shot at the Gatekeeper, he was still alive the the magicians that live here came to find out what was going on, a tall dark man the others called Gabriel...I did not like him, said he wanted to interrogate the surviving man and they dragged him into the structure beyond the wall...I tried to peek in but I did not see my son...I want my son...I want him now!"
The ghost wept, she seamed to have a rather one track mind.
He frowned, "He shot at it instead..."
He pondered for a moment, "He would have used Primium rounds, which are... hum..."
His eyes widened, and he turned toward the others, "Bloody hell, it'll feed on the enchanted rounds... but we might be able to use that... I have an idea. Might it be possible to use my Rote to bleed it dry as it tries to feed on the magic in the bullets? Just siphon everything we can reach in the bastard into whatever effect comes easy to each and every one of us?"

"Off course he will be, my Eddie is a sweet boy, he is a fussy eater and when he gets scared he still wet his bed, but he is kind and dear and nice to his friends, and he is such a cleaver boy, he already knows how to read."
The weeping woman said in a tone of voice that said she thought you had said something really, really stupid, as if claiming the sky was green.
He nodded silently.

The woman looked at you, she blinked with her good eye a few times and looked as if she could not fathom what you had said.
"That...is impossible...Eddie...Eddie is just five...he is a darling little boy who have just started school, he likes green yellow and can not sleep without his plush cat...he is not a grown man...you must be mistaken...I was just picking him up at school and was heading home with the groceries and...no you are mistaken Sir Eddie is a little boy...and he will be lonely and scared without his mother. I want my son back...I want my son back."
The ghost whimpered and started full on sobbing again.
"Please I just want my son back!"
He frowned, "If... we remove the wall and the Gatekeeper, can you manage to find your son in there?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Colin nodded, "I think... I can get such a recording without having to watch it all... I'd still have to glance at the recording to make sure it's all there..."

"I know such magick should be possible Mr Wainwright, using technological devices in my work is not something I do however so I do not think I can add much, I would like to warn you though, the little I saw...was not plesant."
Loretta said and paled again.

He scratched his head, "It's twenty years in the future, and yes, that Hastings... As for how much it has to do with the present situation... There are individuals - such as myself - who are present and fighting then and now, but any more specific connections? Heaven knows."

"Well we have some time then before we have to worry about it. I am concerned though, with the Nephandi being this active and now hearing about this. I guess we have to take one problem at the time though."
James said and sigh.
"How sure are you that your vision is correct Mr Wainwright, seeing the future is a fickle thing."
The Jerbiton asked in a hopeful tone of voice, perhaps you where wrong.

He nodded, "We encountered one at Nicolai's apartment, when we rescued miss Bergen. They can be baited with magic - like a big ball of primal fire - but it will make them come back stronger. They make the perfect guards against Magi."

"Yes Master Ir said as much, he was the one we sent to deal with that monstrosity, from his description you are right Mr Wainwright, one of those creatures would be perfect guards against magi, and at the same time let the Labyrinth's pawns come and go as they please."
Crexia said then she raised her voice a little.
"If this Gatekeeper shows up, stick to mundane weapons, and stay alert."
She ordered then she gave you a concerned look.
"Perhaps you should put those tanks of Quintessence down Mr Wainwright, you said these things where attracted to magick, I assume it is the Quintessence in it that it eats then and then you are the biggest morsel in the tunnel as long as you keep carrying those."
She suggested.

He frowned, "He shot at it instead..."
He pondered for a moment, "He would have used Primium rounds, which are... hum..."

"Yes he shot at the Gatekeeper...the Gatekeeper did not like that...I do not like it either the sound bothers me."
The ghost whimpered.
"He was still captured by the magicians in there though."

His eyes widened, and he turned toward the others, "Bloody hell, it'll feed on the enchanted rounds... but we might be able to use that... I have an idea. Might it be possible to use my Rote to bleed it dry as it tries to feed on the magic in the bullets? Just siphon everything we can reach in the bastard into whatever effect comes easy to each and every one of us?"

"Possibly but would it not be easier to use your Rote to just attack the creature directly then rather and try to piggy back on the Cultists' rotes on the bullets?"
Leon asked and glanced in your direction, the Hermetic looked a bit nervous.
"I mean those rotes are a self contained enchantment for as long as they last, to use one of them to confer your rote would mean going in and altering their pattern considerably."

He frowned, "If... we remove the wall and the Gatekeeper, can you manage to find your son in there?"

"If the horrid wall and the Gatekeeper is gone I can go in and look for my son...I can find him all I need to do is search for him."
The woman said and dried her tears with the back of her hand.
"I can find my son...I want my son!"

As you stood talking there where a slightly uneasy feeling in the air, as if there where something there looking at you that where getting closer, something that where gathering power to manifest and it's presence was most foul.

(OOC: I went out to play MtG today. I almost had another player rage quit on me he did not like my white control deck Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:26 pm

"...I do not know how to get past the Gatekeeper, he do not harm me, but I do not know why." She added...."I want to get though...but I can't...I want my son...I want my son...I would tell you if I knew Sir but I don't...please run...run before the Gatekeeper kills you."

"We need to get through also, how do the magicians get inside without the Gatekeeper eating them?" he asked, listening to what had happened to her. It seemed in a way she was aware something had happened, that she had been shot, but was fixated on the loss of her son, who had been taken into the Labyrinth. It was certainly hard not to feel bad for the woman, but it was all too much of a coincidence. That the Traditions had an apartment in the same complex as this ghost, who was tied it all.

He grimaced and slowly pocketed the pistol to draw the dagger, "Bugger, that sounds like one of miss Jerkins' children... The things eat magic, not spirits, and they're... disturbing at best. Technocrats would be little match for the things, especially if they did not expect it... The HIT-Marks were probably killed after it fed on the others... hum... how did the one survive?"

He nodded to Colin. "I agree," he said. Well, he had that knife...it could at least spare him. But if that thing ate magic, he was also carrying a metric crapton of that. He cast a concerned look at him. "They're tough to get rid of..."

"Last time, it went for those with the most energy to feed on," he reminded.

Crexia said then she raised her voice a little. "If this Gatekeeper shows up, stick to mundane weapons, and stay alert."

He frowned; mundane weapons were only going to work if the thing fully manifested. Which it had, last time, but that didn't mean they didn't have magick on them anyway.

"Perhaps you should put those tanks of Quintessence down Mr Wainwright, you said these things where attracted to magick, I assume it is the Quintessence in it that it eats then and then you are the biggest morsel in the tunnel as long as you keep carrying those."

He nodded at that, and then asked Colin, "You have the blade?"

Crexia looked at the halfway manifested woman and sigh sadly. "You can try but I am not sure if she can understand she is trapped in the time and situation of her death...poor soul..."

"I don't know what good it might do but..." He shook his head. Honestly, ghosts were not the kind of spirits he normally interacted with. They were different, and if Crexia thought she might not understand, if they were really stuck...

"That...is impossible...Eddie...Eddie is just five...Please I just want my son back!

And it seemed she could not conceive time after she died...well, that made some sort of sense. Unfortunately for the ghost.

As you stood talking there where a slightly uneasy feeling in the air, as if there where something there looking at you that where getting closer, something that where gathering power to manifest and it's presence was most foul.

"Crap, it's coming. Whatever we're going to do about it, we need to start now. We need something to slow it down and keep it busy from turning us into snackrifices while we try to banish or destroy it," he said. He put himself in front of Nancy and Cara.

// Yeah I did mean to type something there but nothing major. Whups, my fault for trying to hurry. @Anja, lol I guess then you won?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:40 pm

"We need to get through also, how do the magicians get inside without the Gatekeeper eating them?" he asked, listening to what had happened to her. It seemed in a way she was aware something had happened, that she had been shot, but was fixated on the loss of her son, who had been taken into the Labyrinth. It was certainly hard not to feel bad for the woman, but it was all too much of a coincidence. That the Traditions had an apartment in the same complex as this ghost, who was tied it all.

"The magicians speak this command to them...or well make sounds to them at least and it is always the same sound, it is a bad sound, a horrid sound, as if words are being ripped apart, it makes my head hurt."
The woman explained and grimaced.
"Each time the magicians come and go they speak that word and the Gatekeeper leave them be, but it still looks at them with hungry eyes."
The ghost continued then she looked down.
"I tried to make those sounds to get past but I just can not do it...I do not understand how a human throat can make them...or any throat for that matter. They really sound really bad."

"Hum...what if one of us try to distract with by playing bait then, just make some rote to channel Quintessence and try to run...or better yet two of us, trying to confuse it by which target it want to go for."
Loretta suggested.
"Hum Master Ir said he managed to banish that thing in the apartment building but it took some doing as it nearly ate his magick faster than he could cast it...if the thing can be distracted it is possible that can give me enough time to banish it, at least temporarily."
Crexia said and frowned.

"Crap, it's coming. Whatever we're going to do about it, we need to start now. We need something to slow it down and keep it busy from turning us into snackrifices while we try to banish or destroy it," he said. He put himself in front of Nancy and Cara.

Nancy looked at the roof.
"The baby is coming, so wrong and yet so loved."
She muttered. Cara shuddered a little and nodded.
"Listen chances are that thing will first come for me or Mr Wainwright and those tanks."
"Why you?"
Leon asked.
"Because my Avatar is a part of my physical form and they are a piece of pure Prime, Quintessence personified."
"Ah...you do have a point...shit."
"Yeah shit indeed...anyway, following Miss DeMeera's idea if I and her can distract it, perhaps either Mr Wainwright can try his idea or the thing can be banished while we keep it busy trying to decide who is the most delicious."
The Crimaon offered, you see the young maga looked terrified. Crexia did not look like she liked the idea.
"I agree, there is a good chance that thing will go for Miss Willis first...but I do not like it. Mr Wainwright, how did you think you could try to drain that thing of Quintessence? Perhaps you can weaken it so I can banish it more easily?"
The archmaga asked and glanced at Colin.

You saw something descend from the roof, a thing that should not be, a being of rotted flesh, a blob really, this one looked very much like the one you had seen in the apartment building but it was slightly more green and had some mad pattern in black on it's slimy back, dead tentacles spasms as the thing fought to manifest.
"Shit that is ugly!"
Leon exclaimed.
"The Gatekeeper have arrived...it is to late now...you will all die...I want my son...I want my son but you can not help me for you will all die!"
The ghost wailed and she stopped spending the effort to be seen, you could still see her, she had run to hide in a corner, but anyone not using magick to see the spiritual world would no longer be able to see the poor woman.

(OOC: Yeah I did and he was not happy about it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:16 pm

"I know such magick should be possible Mr Wainwright, using technological devices in my work is not something I do however so I do not think I can add much, I would like to warn you though, the little I saw...was not plesant."
Loretta said and paled again.
Colin nodded, "They said they thought they had entered the Caul dimension... it seems a viable hypothesis."

"Well we have some time then before we have to worry about it. I am concerned though, with the Nephandi being this active and now hearing about this. I guess we have to take one problem at the time though."
James said and sigh.
"How sure are you that your vision is correct Mr Wainwright, seeing the future is a fickle thing."
The Jerbiton asked in a hopeful tone of voice, perhaps you where wrong.
He frowned, "I'm sufficiently convinced by separate details that have already been corroborated. The Mercere courier was quite perturbed when I could tell him what he was delivering to a member of my Chantry... And a few other details."

"The magicians speak this command to them...or well make sounds to them at least and it is always the same sound, it is a bad sound, a horrid sound, as if words are being ripped apart, it makes my head hurt."
The woman explained and grimaced.
"Each time the magicians come and go they speak that word and the Gatekeeper leave them be, but it still looks at them with hungry eyes."
The ghost continued then she looked down.
"I tried to make those sounds to get past but I just can not do it...I do not understand how a human throat can make them...or any throat for that matter. They really sound really bad."
He frowned, "Probably the Nephandi tongue equivalent of 'sit' or 'heel', or something to that effect."

"Yes Master Ir said as much, he was the one we sent to deal with that monstrosity, from his description you are right Mr Wainwright, one of those creatures would be perfect guards against magi, and at the same time let the Labyrinth's pawns come and go as they please."
Crexia said then she raised her voice a little.
"If this Gatekeeper shows up, stick to mundane weapons, and stay alert."
She ordered then she gave you a concerned look.
She suggested.
He frowned and took a few steps back, quickly taking off the tanks and steadying them against the far wall, "Bugger, capital idea..."

He nodded to Colin. "I agree," he said. Well, he had that knife...it could at least spare him. But if that thing ate magic, he was also carrying a metric crapton of that. He cast a concerned look at him. "They're tough to get rid of..."
He nodded, "Very much so... But now we know a little more about it than last time. Let us hope that holds..."

"Hum...what if one of us try to distract with by playing bait then, just make some rote to channel Quintessence and try to run...or better yet two of us, trying to confuse it by which target it want to go for."
Loretta suggested.
"Hum Master Ir said he managed to banish that thing in the apartment building but it took some doing as it nearly ate his magick faster than he could cast it...if the thing can be distracted it is possible that can give me enough time to banish it, at least temporarily."
Crexia said and frowned.
He nodded, "That I can do - I can siphon a slow trickle into a tasty barrier for it - it'll probably manage to feed on that, but if you can use the time to get rid of it, it might be worth it..."

"Yes he shot at the Gatekeeper...the Gatekeeper did not like that...I do not like it either the sound bothers me."
The ghost whimpered.
"He was still captured by the magicians in there though."
"There are very few of the magicians inside left today... That's a lesser concern for now."

He nodded at that, and then asked Colin, "You have the blade?"
He held up the dagger, with the pommel stone pointed up, "I do, and I am not inclined to drop it."

"Possibly but would it not be easier to use your Rote to just attack the creature directly then rather and try to piggy back on the Cultists' rotes on the bullets?"
Leon asked and glanced in your direction, the Hermetic looked a bit nervous.
"I mean those rotes are a self contained enchantment for as long as they last, to use one of them to confer your rote would mean going in and altering their pattern considerably."
He nodded, "If you have the knowhow to magically... penetrate the thing, most certainly. I need an artificial opening, and I don't know if that'll be enough - but I hope some of you are able to draw the Quintessence out of the thing. And I didn't mean to meddle with the enchantment on the ammunition, but rather to shoot first and use the opening to... well, imagine those special probes surgeons use to pull out bullets from gunshot wounds. Essentially that."

Nancy looked at the roof.
"The baby is coming, so wrong and yet so loved."
She muttered. Cara shuddered a little and nodded.
"Listen chances are that thing will first come for me or Mr Wainwright and those tanks."
"Why you?"
Leon asked.
"Because my Avatar is a part of my physical form and they are a piece of pure Prime, Quintessence personified."
"Ah...you do have a point...shit."
"Yeah shit indeed...anyway, following Miss DeMeera's idea if I and her can distract it, perhaps either Mr Wainwright can try his idea or the thing can be banished while we keep it busy trying to decide who is the most delicious."
The Crimaon offered, you see the young maga looked terrified. Crexia did not look like she liked the idea.
"I agree, there is a good chance that thing will go for Miss Willis first...but I do not like it. Mr Wainwright, how did you think you could try to drain that thing of Quintessence? Perhaps you can weaken it so I can banish it more easily?"
The archmaga asked and glanced at Colin.
He frowned at Cara for just a moment, then handed her the dagger, "Miss Willis, hold on to this; it is supposed to identify you as its mother - the prisoner in the anti-magic cell. I wouldn't trust her in much, but I believe she told the truth about the gemstone set in it."
He nodded to Crexia, "The idea was the same essential principle as for draining the Ball of Abysmal Flame at the Boston Umbral Port, or the wards at Nicolai's apartment or here. Have someone punch a hole so I can tap into the gooey, chewy center of it. However, I don't know if I personally can do that - but I can try. Draw out its own Quintessence into a separate effect; if more of us try something similar, it might destroy the thing... but I can only do one thing controllably; either that, or make a replenishing barrier it can feed off. Which is it?"

"If the horrid wall and the Gatekeeper is gone I can go in and look for my son...I can find him all I need to do is search for him."
The woman said and dried her tears with the back of her hand.
"I can find my son...I want my son!"
He nodded, "Good luck, then, ma'am. We'll do what we can, but please stand back for a few moments..."

He frowned and muttered, "Ah, bugger, here it comes, I think..."

You saw something descend from the roof, a thing that should not be, a being of rotted flesh, a blob really, this one looked very much like the one you had seen in the apartment building but it was slightly more green and had some mad pattern in black on it's slimy back, dead tentacles spasms as the thing fought to manifest.
"Shit that is ugly!"
Leon exclaimed.
"The Gatekeeper have arrived...it is to late now...you will all die...I want my son...I want my son but you can not help me for you will all die!"
The ghost wailed and she stopped spending the effort to be seen, you could still see her, she had run to hide in a corner, but anyone not using magick to see the spiritual world would no longer be able to see the poor woman.
"This one looks greener... Still not fully here, though... Goddammit..."

((OOC: Nobody likes White Control... Heck, that's been a harsh political issue for decades! Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:11 pm

olin nodded, "They said they thought they had entered the Caul dimension... it seems a viable hypothesis."

"The Caul dimension...do they even have a dimension Mr Wainwright? In either case that sounds unpleasant in the extreme."
Loretta commented and frowned.
"And that is even more reason to be careful."

He frowned, "I'm sufficiently convinced by separate details that have already been corroborated. The Mercere courier was quite perturbed when I could tell him what he was delivering to a member of my Chantry... And a few other details."

"That is not good, have our leaders been informed about this vision Mr Wainwright? Perhaps they can figure out a way to stop it?"
James asked, he looked rather uneasy at the idea of an attack against Horizon.
"Damn it but that is our center of power...we can not allow anything to happen to Horizon."
He muttered then he gave a small smile.
"Yes I suspect that Red Cap would have been quite...surprised indeed."

He frowned, "Probably the Nephandi tongue equivalent of 'sit' or 'heel', or something to that effect."

"You are probably right Mr Wainwright, but little good that do us. Dammit right now that fool Ir would have been most useful, he can speak their language."
Crexia grumbled.

He frowned and took a few steps back, quickly taking off the tanks and steadying them against the far wall, "Bugger, capital idea..."

Crexia nodded as you put the tanks down.
"Wise choice, try not to get yourself eaten Mr Wainwright, I am sure Steelhaven would send us some angry letters if we had to rapport you had become dinner for some monstrosity in the sewers."
She muttered.

He nodded, "That I can do - I can siphon a slow trickle into a tasty barrier for it - it'll probably manage to feed on that, but if you can use the time to get rid of it, it might be worth it..."

"That might work, unless it will eat through that barrier immediately...is there any chance you can try to drain that spirit itself? If it is an Umbrood of some sort it have to expend some vis to stay manifested."
Crexia asked.

"There are very few of the magicians inside left today... That's a lesser concern for now."

"Did the magicians go away? Did they take my son anywhere?"
The ghost muttered and looked at you, not understanding what you where saying.

He nodded, "If you have the knowhow to magically... penetrate the thing, most certainly. I need an artificial opening, and I don't know if that'll be enough - but I hope some of you are able to draw the Quintessence out of the thing. And I didn't mean to meddle with the enchantment on the ammunition, but rather to shoot first and use the opening to... well, imagine those special probes surgeons use to pull out bullets from gunshot wounds. Essentially that."

"I might...I can try at least, if that proves to be a challenge there is always your idea of a barrier to hold it back for whatever time it needs to eat it...I am not so sure shooting the thing will open it's patterns though, but I guess it will depend on your personal Paradigm, there is no reason not to try it if you think you can pull it off young man."
Crexia said as her free hand begun to make gestures.

He frowned at Cara for just a moment, then handed her the dagger, "Miss Willis, hold on to this; it is supposed to identify you as its mother - the prisoner in the anti-magic cell. I wouldn't trust her in much, but I believe she told the truth about the gemstone set in it."

"But...but do not you need to protection Mr Wainwright...?"
The young Criamon protested, she looked a little helpless in her indecision between not wanting anyone to put themselves in danger for her sake, and her desperate need to keep her half manifested Avatar safe."
"Ehm...I...but you...ehm..."
She muttered.

He nodded to Crexia, "The idea was the same essential principle as for draining the Ball of Abysmal Flame at the Boston Umbral Port, or the wards at Nicolai's apartment or here. Have someone punch a hole so I can tap into the gooey, chewy center of it. However, I don't know if I personally can do that - but I can try. Draw out its own Quintessence into a separate effect; if more of us try something similar, it might destroy the thing... but I can only do one thing controllably; either that, or make a replenishing barrier it can feed off. Which is it?"

"Ok...Honored Quesitors if you would assist me, if you could work on opening up that spirit's patters, then if you Mr Wainwright try to drain it...I will not focus on destroying it, no matter how much I might want to do that, it is more likely to be effective to banish it, we just need to weaken it first. The rest of you try to distract the thing and keep those of us who are working safe, we can not be the only sources of magick or it will come for us before we can deal with it."
Crexia ordered

He nodded, "Good luck, then, ma'am. We'll do what we can, but please stand back for a few moments..."

The ghost did not reply, you could not see her anymore, but you could sort of feel her there still, a sad, mournful presence that seamed to fill the corridor.

He frowned and muttered, "Ah, bugger, here it comes, I think..."

"Yeah I can feel it..."
Leon commented.
"Well now that is an unpleasant critter."
His brother chimed in. Crexia just looked at the roof and looked concentrated and focused.

"This one looks greener... Still not fully here, though... Goddammit..."

The thing in the roof made a horrid preening sound, then it's tentacles begun to stretch out...seeking food, the tentacles begun to stretch towards the Quintessence tanks...now those where tasty...

(OOC: Hehe true enough and the deck is a bit Nazi but then again it is also trying to make things black so...there is that. Razz )

(OOC 2: And for your dining pleasure we have a slightly dinged up Colin in corrupted Quintessence sauce, enjoy. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top