Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 am

"I tried to make those sounds to get past but I just can not do it...I do not understand how a human throat can make them...or any throat for that matter. They really sound really bad."
"You are probably right Mr Wainwright, but little good that do us. Dammit right now that fool Ir would have been most useful, he can speak their language."

"Dragon tongue...it's probably specific to this labyrinth, too or I would try another idea. If we could figure out in time the last time someone tried to come in, we could try to capture it from that time," he said.

"Hum...what if one of us try to distract with by playing bait then, just make some rote to channel Quintessence and try to run...or better yet two of us, trying to confuse it by which target it want to go for." Loretta suggested.
"Hum Master Ir said he managed to banish that thing in the apartment building but it took some doing as it nearly ate his magick faster than he could cast it...if the thing can be distracted it is possible that can give me enough time to banish it, at least temporarily."

"We have to get in, so we need to manage to neutralize it, otherwise we should run now. What about baiting it with a thing instead...if we can get it to destroy their own Labyrinth...channel the quint into it and let it eat the walls."

He held up the dagger, with the pommel stone pointed up, "I do, and I am not inclined to drop it.

"Good."

"Listen chances are that thing will first come for me or Mr Wainwright and those tanks."
"Why you?" Leon asked.
"Because my Avatar is a part of my physical form and they are a piece of pure Prime, Quintessence personified."
"Ah...you do have a point...shit."
"Yeah shit indeed...anyway, following Miss DeMeera's idea if I and her can distract it, perhaps either Mr Wainwright can try his idea or the thing can be banished while we keep it busy trying to decide who is the most delicious."
The Crimaon offered, you see the young maga looked terrified. Crexia did not look like she liked the idea.
"I agree, there is a good chance that thing will go for Miss Willis first...but I do not like it. Mr Wainwright, how did you think you could try to drain that thing of Quintessence? Perhaps you can weaken it so I can banish it more easily?"
He nodded, "That I can do - I can siphon a slow trickle into a tasty barrier for it - it'll probably manage to feed on that, but if you can use the time to get rid of it, it might be worth it..."

"We need you, I will try to protect you behind my shield. Listen, we have the hung ones to use, that should give us a head start, hit it a few times as we build another one behind it, or try Colin's idea..."

He nodded, "If you have the knowhow to magically... penetrate the thing, most certainly. I need an artificial opening, and I don't know if that'll be enough - but I hope some of you are able to draw the Quintessence out of the thing. And I didn't mean to meddle with the enchantment on the ammunition, but rather to shoot first and use the opening to... well, imagine those special probes surgeons use to pull out bullets from gunshot wounds. Essentially that."

"You need a hole in it, but if we use magick it comes for us, so use the bullets..." He made a face. "Like popping a spiritual boil, you lance it first?"

"I might...I can try at least, if that proves to be a challenge there is always your idea of a barrier to hold it back for whatever time it needs to eat it...I am not so sure shooting the thing will open it's patterns though, but I guess it will depend on your personal Paradigm, there is no reason not to try it if you think you can pull it off young man."

"What about sticking it as it manifests, transcending the Gautlet? It's an outsider entity, not meant to be here, even as it's near the labyrinth."

"Miss Willis, hold on to this; it is supposed to identify you as its mother - the prisoner in the anti-magic cell. I wouldn't trust her in much, but I believe she told the truth about the gemstone set in it."He nodded to Crexia, "The idea was the same essential principle as for draining the Ball of Abysmal Flame at the Boston Umbral Port, or the wards at Nicolai's apartment or here. Have someone punch a hole so I can tap into the gooey, chewy center of it. However, I don't know if I personally can do that - but I can try. Draw out its own Quintessence into a separate effect; if more of us try something similar, it might destroy the thing... but I can only do one thing controllably; either that, or make a replenishing barrier it can feed off. Which is it?"

He frowned. "Should help cover or attack?"

"Ok...Honored Quesitors if you would assist me, if you could work on opening up that spirit's patters, then if you Mr Wainwright try to drain it...I will not focus on destroying it, no matter how much I might want to do that, it is more likely to be effective to banish it, we just need to weaken it first. The rest of you try to distract the thing and keep those of us who are working safe, we can not be the only sources of magick or it will come for us before we can deal with it."

"Right, then." Adley picked his phone out to punch up Cita's protection spell for himself, so he wouldn't be disturbing the spells when she cast them on the umbrood.

You saw something descend from the roof, a thing that should not be, a being of rotted flesh, a blob really, this one looked very much like the one you had seen in the apartment building but it was slightly more green and had some mad pattern in black on it's slimy back, dead tentacles spasms as the thing fought to manifest.

// Looks like from now to Monday afternoon I'll be working on a grant that's due with lots of work dropped in my lap, so if I'm a bit slower than usual that's why.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:19 am

"Dragon tongue...it's probably specific to this labyrinth, too or I would try another idea. If we could figure out in time the last time someone tried to come in, we could try to capture it from that time," he said.

The ghost woman gave you a confused look but Loretta smiled and nodded.
"I can try to do that, one moment."
She said and closed her eyes and begun to meditate, her breath getting more and more even. The ghost again looked at her as if she was very strange but she did not say anything.

"We have to get in, so we need to manage to neutralize it, otherwise we should run now. What about baiting it with a thing instead...if we can get it to destroy their own Labyrinth...channel the quint into it and let it eat the walls."

"That is not a bad idea Sodalis, do you have a suggestion as to how we should go about accomplishing such a task?"
Crexia asked.
"If you do then I am all for using the Labyrinth's pet against it."

"We need you, I will try to protect you behind my shield. Listen, we have the hung ones to use, that should give us a head start, hit it a few times as we build another one behind it, or try Colin's idea..."

Cara looked like she might protest but then she nodded and moved so she was close enough to move with you keeping your shields between her and the Gatekeeper.
"Would not that thing want to eat your shields though Mr Roth Hicks?"
She asked.

Crexia nodded.
"We do and we will use them if need be, but hopefully this thing is not as fast as Miss Carlyle's Avatar so I will try to conserve the hung rotes if I can."
The archmaga replied.

"You need a hole in it, but if we use magick it comes for us, so use the bullets..." He made a face. "Like popping a spiritual boil, you lance it first?"

"I kept one clip that was not enchanted, just in case mundane bullets was needed to shoot across personal wards or something, you would be amazed at how often mages forget that mundane weapons also hurt, but I am not a good shot."
James said and found the clip from his pocket.
"If we need to shoot that thing I mean."
Cara made a face at your description.
"You have a way with words Mr Roth Hicks."

"What about sticking it as it manifests, transcending the Gautlet? It's an outsider entity, not meant to be here, even as it's near the labyrinth."

"You are right Sodalis, it is not meant to be here so crossing over should be harder for it than for a regular spirit...I have an idea, I might use the Gauntlet itself...if anyone could draw the attention of those tentacles for a moment and I will see what I can do."
She said as she put her whip back in her belt and begun to chat, her hands moving in the old gestures for Rego Vim, well known, controlled movement that never missed a beat even as the half manifested tendrils and tentacles begun to reach towards her as the thing felt her magick.
"I think it is more the son of an outsider thing than an outsider thing itself."
Leon muttered.
"Not important right now dear brother!"
James declared as he begun to create a simple spell, a sensory one you think to draw the attention of the creature as Crexia worked.

"Well as we need Mr Wainwright to try to drain that thing to make it easier for Lady Crexia to banish it, making sure he is not made into lunch sounds like an important task Sodalis."
Cara said and Crexia still in the middle of her rote nodded without changing the rythem of her chanting.

"Right, then." Adley picked his phone out to punch up Cita's protection spell for himself, so he wouldn't be disturbing the spells when she cast them on the umbrood.

Again you felt that comforting, warm feeling deep inside your soul she the Umbrood shard was protected. Udella and Jake joined in with Crexia's chanting, their voices rising as one as they tried to use the Gauntlet itself against the emerging monstrosity this off course did draw the magick eater's attention to the three working masters and the thing purred in delight as it reached it's tendrils towards them.

(OOC: Working weekends, that can not be fun. Take care of yourself and do not worry about the game, it have lasted two years it is not running away.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:16 pm

"The Caul dimension...do they even have a dimension Mr Wainwright? In either case that sounds unpleasant in the extreme."
Loretta commented and frowned.
"And that is even more reason to be careful."
Colin shrugged, "Seems the most likely explanation - the Cauls have a different flow of time; seems like a separate dimension to me."

"That is not good, have our leaders been informed about this vision Mr Wainwright? Perhaps they can figure out a way to stop it?"
James asked, he looked rather uneasy at the idea of an attack against Horizon.
"Damn it but that is our center of power...we can not allow anything to happen to Horizon."
He muttered then he gave a small smile.
"Yes I suspect that Red Cap would have been quite...surprised indeed."
He shrugged, "To be honest, I'd be surprised if they have been informed yet... It's been..." He scratched his head, "was it a little over 24 hours, or 48? I'm beginning to lose track - the past two days have been a long week for me. There's a transcript of it all, though, verified by Master George Steelhaven, and it will be distributed to the relevant people in a timely manner."

"You are probably right Mr Wainwright, but little good that do us. Dammit right now that fool Ir would have been most useful, he can speak their language."
Crexia grumbled.
He shrugged, "It might not have sufficed; there may be more to it than just the language - a magical mark or somesuch."

The ghost woman gave you a confused look but Loretta smiled and nodded.
"I can try to do that, one moment."
She said and closed her eyes and begun to meditate, her breath getting more and more even. The ghost again looked at her as if she was very strange but she did not say anything.
He nodded, "Like with that widderslainte's phone call from his mentor... Good idea."

Crexia nodded as you put the tanks down.
"Wise choice, try not to get yourself eaten Mr Wainwright, I am sure Steelhaven would send us some angry letters if we had to rapport you had become dinner for some monstrosity in the sewers."
She muttered.
He snorted, "Not to mention that miss Adelbloom would have me resurrected, just so she could cheerfully murder me for being so stupid as to get myself killed in action."

That might work, unless it will eat through that barrier immediately...is there any chance you can try to drain that spirit itself? If it is an Umbrood of some sort it have to expend some vis to stay manifested."
Crexia asked.
He nodded, "I can try; I can't guarantee I have all the knowledge needed to do it - I don't quite get living things by any definition of the word - but I can try."

"That is not a bad idea Sodalis, do you have a suggestion as to how we should go about accomplishing such a task?"
Crexia asked.
"If you do then I am all for using the Labyrinth's pet against it."
He frowned, "That might be viable, but I'd need to see the flesh of the walls first, I'm afraid... Though that does give me an idea for dealing with the wards."

"Did the magicians go away? Did they take my son anywhere?"
The ghost muttered and looked at you, not understanding what you where saying.
"Some went away... I don't know if your son went along."

"I might...I can try at least, if that proves to be a challenge there is always your idea of a barrier to hold it back for whatever time it needs to eat it...I am not so sure shooting the thing will open it's patterns though, but I guess it will depend on your personal Paradigm, there is no reason not to try it if you think you can pull it off young man."
Crexia said as her free hand begun to make gestures.
He nodded, "As you say, shooting might not open its patterns, but if it expends Quintessence to try to mend the holes... I could latch on to that."

"But...but do not you need to protection Mr Wainwright...?"
The young Criamon protested, she looked a little helpless in her indecision between not wanting anyone to put themselves in danger for her sake, and her desperate need to keep her half manifested Avatar safe."
"Ehm...I...but you...ehm..."
She muttered.
He shook his head, "No buts; as you said, next to the tanks, you are the tastiest morsel here. I can set the tanks aside, you can't set your Avatar aside. Plus, the tanks are simple expendable materiel, when it comes down to it - you are not."

Cara looked like she might protest but then she nodded and moved so she was close enough to move with you keeping your shields between her and the Gatekeeper.
"Would not that thing want to eat your shields though Mr Roth Hicks?"
She asked.
He nodded, "She's right, Adley - that thing will go for the most delicious target first, I think - so either the tanks, the shield directly, or her. The shield will accomplish little if you just try to cover her with it - we saw how quickly the one at Nicolai's place ate mine, after all."

He nodded, "Spot on."

"I kept one clip that was not enchanted, just in case mundane bullets was needed to shoot across personal wards or something, you would be amazed at how often mages forget that mundane weapons also hurt, but I am not a good shot."
Cara made a face at your description.
"You have a way with words Mr Roth Hicks."
He nodded to James, "In such close quarters, you can hardly miss - a flesh wound should suffice. But if you lack confidence, Adley's a good enough marksman."

"You are right Sodalis, it is not meant to be here so crossing over should be harder for it than for a regular spirit...I have an idea, I might use the Gauntlet itself...if anyone could draw the attention of those tentacles for a moment and I will see what I can do."
She said as she put her whip back in her belt and begun to chat, her hands moving in the old gestures for Rego Vim, well known, controlled movement that never missed a beat even as the half manifested tendrils and tentacles begun to reach towards her as the thing felt her magick.
"I think it is more the son of an outsider thing than an outsider thing itself."
Leon muttered.
"Not important right now dear brother!"
James declared as he begun to create a simple spell, a sensory one you think to draw the attention of the creature as Crexia worked.
He grimaced, "You are both right. Now let's start hitting that thing!"

"Well as we need Mr Wainwright to try to drain that thing to make it easier for Lady Crexia to banish it, making sure he is not made into lunch sounds like an important task Sodalis."
Cara said and Crexia still in the middle of her rote nodded without changing the rythem of her chanting.
"Attack it is."

"Ok...Honored Quesitors if you would assist me, if you could work on opening up that spirit's patters, then if you Mr Wainwright try to drain it...I will not focus on destroying it, no matter how much I might want to do that, it is more likely to be effective to banish it, we just need to weaken it first. The rest of you try to distract the thing and keep those of us who are working safe, we can not be the only sources of magick or it will come for us before we can deal with it."
Crexia ordered
He nodded, raising his signet ring and drawing his chaos wand, "As you command, milady."

The thing in the roof made a horrid preening sound, then it's tentacles begun to stretch out...seeking food, the tentacles begun to stretch towards the Quintessence tanks...now those where tasty...
He took another two steps back from the tanks and aimed his ring and wand carefully, beginning to chant and waiting for an opening, "Monstra malfortunato ex magia monstrorum..."

((OOC: So, Entropy 2/Prime 2 to use the abomination's own Quintessence to manipulate its luck. Arete roll: 1WP + 4,7,9 on the first roll, waiting for a bullet hole, so might have time for a second roll there...))

((OOC2: "Be our guest, be our guest, put our service to the test, tie the napkin 'round your neck, Chérie, and we'll provide ze rest..."))

((OOC3: Quite alright, I'm in no immense rush. In fact, for the next ten days, I might be a bit lax in checking the forum owing to Easter holiday and a highly probable Poirot marathon - my schnookums and I have the complete David Suchet collection in a nice box set. Very Happy ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Colin shrugged, "Seems the most likely explanation - the Cauls have a different flow of time; seems like a separate dimension to me."

"I was more wondering if such a term as dimension could really apply to creatures such as those."
Loretta said and frowned.

He shrugged, "To be honest, I'd be surprised if they have been informed yet... It's been..." He scratched his head, "was it a little over 24 hours, or 48? I'm beginning to lose track - the past two days have been a long week for me. There's a transcript of it all, though, verified by Master George Steelhaven, and it will be distributed to the relevant people in a timely manner."

"George Steelhaven is the Deacon Primus of Steelhaven Hall is he not?"
James asked then he nodded.
"I see, well then the Council have probably not been told yet."
He agreed but he gave you an odd look.
"Well at least if we know about what is coming we stand a chance in changing it."
He said but he looked a bit concerned still.
"I do hope the Council will be informed about it."
He muttered.

He shrugged, "It might not have sufficed; there may be more to it than just the language - a magical mark or somesuch."

"Absolutely I have always seen the Dragon's Tongue as something of a parallel to our own Enochian language, only far more destructive and foul."
Crexia said as she nodded in agreement.
"Master Ir would have had a better chance of figuring it out though, since none of us can even pronounce that language."

He nodded, "Like with that widderslainte's phone call from his mentor... Good idea."

Loretta opened her eyes.
"The last person to leave that was probably a mage then was a young man, I can hear what he is saying but it just appear like horrid noise to me, something between torturing a cat and the old modem sounds...I can like that time and here though, see if that have any effect on our soon to be new magic eating friend."
The Cultist said, her speech was sluggish as she was still in a trance.

He snorted, "Not to mention that miss Adelbloom would have me resurrected, just so she could cheerfully murder me for being so stupid as to get myself killed in action."

"Seams like a sensible woman Mr Wainwright, you know House Tremere used to be the best necromancers in the Order, not that it went to well but yes, I can see the appeal."
Crexia said wryly.

He nodded, "I can try; I can't guarantee I have all the knowledge needed to do it - I don't quite get living things by any definition of the word - but I can try."

"Very well, we will give it a try at least, and I am not so sure this thing could be said to be alive you know."
Crexia muttered.
"We will try to give you and opening though if you have no knowledge of spirits draining it might be...a challenge..."

He frowned, "That might be viable, but I'd need to see the flesh of the walls first, I'm afraid... Though that does give me an idea for dealing with the wards."

"Gatekeeper first, wards later gentlemen, but if you have an idea for dealing with our immediate problem then feel free."
The archmage said as she readied her magick.

"Some went away... I don't know if your son went along."

"I want my son...I want my son, they should give my son back!"
The ghost sobbed.

He nodded, "As you say, shooting might not open its patterns, but if it expends Quintessence to try to mend the holes... I could latch on to that."

"Very well, firearms it is then and trying to latch on when it tries to mend itself, it is worth trying."
Crexia agreed.

He shook his head, "No buts; as you said, next to the tanks, you are the tastiest morsel here. I can set the tanks aside, you can't set your Avatar aside. Plus, the tanks are simple expendable materiel, when it comes down to it - you are not."

"O...ok...if you are sure Mr Wainwright...thank you."
Cara said and clutched the dagger in both hands.
"What should I do to help?"

He nodded to James, "In such close quarters, you can hardly miss - a flesh wound should suffice. But if you lack confidence, Adley's a good enough marksman."

James looked at Adley to see if the other Hermetic wanted to take over his clip of bullets or if the Flambeau had some other idea of what to do.
"I guess you are right Mr Wainwright...I have never pulled a gun in an actual fight before though, I have just been to fierring ranges, I would be scared of hitting any of you guys."
The Jerbiton said nervously and he looked like he was not sure what to do.

He grimaced, "You are both right. Now let's start hitting that thing!"

Crexia continued her chanting in her effort to use the Gauntlet itself against Jodelle's child, the two Quesitors joined her in her casting, something that created quite a bit of magick, drawing the attention of the emerging creature.

He nodded, raising his signet ring and drawing his chaos wand, "As you command, milady."

Crexia gave you a polite smile as she chanted, her hands moving quickly and precisely.

He took another two steps back from the tanks and aimed his ring and wand carefully, beginning to chant and waiting for an opening, "Monstra malfortunato ex magia monstrorum..."

The thing's fleshy, half rotted tentacles shot towards the three chanting Masters and one of those half physical tendrils hit Udella in the arm, the old Quesitor cried out in pain as blood stained her white knitted cardigan, unfortunately for the Gatekeeper, the next tentacle shot past it's target, Jake, as he had already moved to the side to help the other Enforcer, and the tentacle hit the concrete wall behind the elder magi hard, there was a soft, uncomfortable sound as something in that shadowy, half solid tentacle broke and the monstrosity screamed, it was a sound like if a young child was being flayed alive and grating on the ears but it seamed the thing was not used to pain itself for it stopped moving, if just for a second.

(OOC: There are time for another roll, but that is enough, especially since the baby rolled rather badly so...it had a little accident, what bad luck, whatever or not it was it's own fault or Colin though is hard to say as it have been hard to use magick on the thing earlier.)

(OOC: That sounds like a good way to spend Easter.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:34 pm

"It's not a dimension,it is a lack of dimension. It's NOT an anything, that's the problem...it is NOT. I'll try to explain later," he interjected.

"I can try to do that, one moment."...She said

"Hang on, we'll need a way to project the sound so we can record it in this time," he said, remembering trying to get the phone call from Martha with Freddy and Colin.

"Right."

"Absolutely I have always seen the Dragon's Tongue as something of a parallel to our own Enochian language, only far more destructive and foul."

"The destruction of language..."

"The last person to leave that was probably a mage then was a young man, I can hear what he is saying but it just appear like horrid noise to me, something between torturing a cat and the old modem sounds...I can like that time and here though, see if that have any effect on our soon to be new magic eating friend."

"That seems like it..."

"That is not a bad idea Sodalis, do you have a suggestion as to how we should go about accomplishing such a task?" Crexia asked. "If you do then I am all for using the Labyrinth's pet against it."

"Imbue the surrogate with enough quint that it's interesting, so it eats that instead?"

He frowned, "That might be viable, but I'd need to see the flesh of the walls first, I'm afraid... Though that does give me an idea for dealing with the wards.

"True."

"Would not that thing want to eat your shields though Mr Roth Hicks?" She asked
He nodded, "She's right, Adley - that thing will go for the most delicious target first, I think - so either the tanks, the shield directly, or her. The shield will accomplish little if you just try to cover her with it - we saw how quickly the one at Nicolai's place ate mine, after all."

"True enough," he said with a frown.

"If we have to, we can shift some quint into it so you can get the target lock but it might target us then."

"Very well, firearms it is then and trying to latch on when it tries to mend itself, it is worth trying." Crexia agreed.

"Very well." Shoot an umbrood...usually not his go-to for hostile umbrood but this was hardly a normal situation. Well, it had manifested last time. So it could be shot at.

"I have mundane bullets loaded now as well," he nodded to the Jerbiton.

James looked at Adley to see if the other Hermetic wanted to take over his clip of bullets or if the Flambeau had some other idea of what to do. "I guess you are right Mr Wainwright...I have never pulled a gun in an actual fight before though, I have just been to fierring ranges, I would be scared of hitting any of you guys."

"I'll take it if you're going to be doing something else, just in case I need more than what I have loaded," he said to James. "Thank you."

He nodded, "Spot on."
Cara made a face at your description. "You have a way with words Mr Roth Hicks."

He gave her a small smile.

"Yes, right let's get rid of this thing..."

The thing's fleshy, half rotted tentacles shot towards the three chanting Masters and one of those half physical tendrils hit Udella in the arm, the old Quesitor cried out in pain as blood stained her white knitted cardigan, unfortunately for the Gatekeeper, the next tentacle shot past it's target, Jake, as he had already moved to the side to help the other Enforcer, and the tentacle hit the concrete wall behind the elder magi hard, there was a soft, uncomfortable sound as something in that shadowy, half solid tentacle broke and the monstrosity screamed...

He he looked to see if the thing had its body emerging or not and took aim at the tendrils, minding the people around and the fact that there were walls as best he could. The damn things were fast as snakes as they lashed out in all directions. Then he shot at the tentacle that hit Udella.

// Sounds fun, have a nice Easter : )

OOC2: I assumed that the thing is manifested enough at least the parts that attacked them and it hurt itself on the wall to take a shot at but if you want, should Adley make a roll to determine that mundane firearms can affect it, he's got spirit+prime sense active.
OOC3: dex+firearms: 8, 9, 0, 5, 6, 6 - what is the diff?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:25 pm

"It's not a dimension,it is a lack of dimension. It's NOT an anything, that's the problem...it is NOT. I'll try to explain later," he interjected.

Loretta looked at you with her eyes big for a moment.
"That...concept is quite disturbing actually, more disturbing than the idea of some hell dimension, that I can envision but just nothing..."
She shuddered.
"Well yes remind me not to jump into a Caul."

"Hang on, we'll need a way to project the sound so we can record it in this time," he said, remembering trying to get the phone call from Martha with Freddy and Colin.

"I was more thinking of just connecting the two points in time, not time travel, we will just be observers, but even so I think opening such a window should carry over sound, it is a little like with a scrying pool and letting others see what appear there, usually when scying the mirror or pool of water is just an aid to let your mind wander and get into the right state of mind, but it is possible to show others what you see as well...I have never tried to open a window like this before though..we could try to record the sound instead but I do not have the skill to do that though."
Loretta said as she glanced over at you.

Crexia looked displeased at the notion of it but she nodded in agreement.

"That seems like it..."

"I can like I said try to open a window to that point in time, but I am not sure if it will work..."
The Cultist offered.

"Imbue the surrogate with enough quint that it's interesting, so it eats that instead?"

"Hum...not a bad idea, we have to get into the Labyrinth first though before we can use this thing against it, and in that case it might be better to try to get rid of it before we start on the wards."

"True enough," he said with a frown.

"I can help keep us both safe, if this dagger do what the prisoner say it dos then perhaps that can give us some breathing space."
Cara said and looked down at Jodelle's dagger.
"Mr Wainwright said it would make the holder appear to the creatures as their mother."

"I have mundane bullets loaded now as well," he nodded to the Jerbiton.

James nodded back.
"Ok let me know if you need the bullets I have as well, you might be a far better shot than me after all Sodalis."
He said, you could see that the negotiator was scarred, this was not a situation he was used to but he was doing his best.

"I'll take it if you're going to be doing something else, just in case I need more than what I have loaded," he said to James. "Thank you."

James handed you his clip of mundane bullets.
"Yeah I was thinking it would be a better chance of me doing some good by distracting that thing, doing some magick and stopping once I have it's attention, we need some bait so the Masters can work."
He muttered.

"Yes, right let's get rid of this thing..."

Crexia gave you a determined nod, this was not her first fight, as she continued her work.

He he looked to see if the thing had its body emerging or not and took aim at the tendrils, minding the people around and the fact that there were walls as best he could. The damn things were fast as snakes as they lashed out in all directions. Then he shot at the tentacle that hit Udella.

The thing was emerging, the tendrils where fully manifested, the main bulk of it's rotted mass was not, you squeezed of a shot at the tendril that had hit Udella and again that thing gave one of it's tortured infant screams as the severed tendril fell to the floor and turned into goo that looked like badly rotted entrails. The rest of the tendrils flailed about viciously, and it struck out towards James, who barely managed to dodge by tossing himself to the ground, another of the thin, fleshy tentacles went for Nancy who laugh at it and stabbed at it with her knife, not that it helped much and the thing wrapped around her and begun to drag the insane Hollower towards the still manifesting, Nancy desperately stabbed at the thing and black goo oozed from it's wounds.

Cara stepped in to try to help Nancy she held the dagger and rushed over to where her friend where being dragged and the tentacle let go, the oozing, wounded tendril begun to gently pat Cara on the head, and the Criamon looked like she might just faint.

Leon was helping James back to his feet while just barely dodging a tendril himself. You hear Rosario's crossbow fire as the young Cultist tried to protect her still meditating Mentor, and then you hear her cry out as another of those foul things wrapped around her waist and then flung her at a wall, you hear the thump as she hit the concrete and a low, pained grunt.

Crexia suddenly spoke the last words of her working and that dread thing screamed, worse this time and all it's tentacles flailed about wildly as the Masters used the Gauntlet as a weapon, sharpening it into a blade that cut into it. The sound of suffering, pain and nothingness filled the corridor as Jodelle's child howled in pain, then slowly, slowly it begun to heal itself, though it was still stuck in a now hardened, sharpened Gauntlet so each movement caused it to injure itself.

(OOC: Yes parts of it are fully manifested. I would say the diff is 8 since the tentacles are small and moving fast but that is still a very good hit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:13 pm

"I was more wondering if such a term as dimension could really apply to creatures such as those."
Loretta said and frowned.
Loretta looked at you with her eyes big for a moment.
"That...concept is quite disturbing actually, more disturbing than the idea of some hell dimension, that I can envision but just nothing..."
She shuddered.
"Well yes remind me not to jump into a Caul."
Colin shrugged, "It's a non-place one can go to, not in this dimension - calling it another dimension seems close enough for government work. At least, so long as we're not planning to go there anytime soon."

"George Steelhaven is the Deacon Primus of Steelhaven Hall is he not?"
James asked then he nodded.
"I see, well then the Council have probably not been told yet."
He agreed but he gave you an odd look.
"Well at least if we know about what is coming we stand a chance in changing it."
He said but he looked a bit concerned still.
"I do hope the Council will be informed about it."
He muttered.
He nodded, "He is, and yes, it seems likely word has not yet arrived, simply due to information lag."

Crexia said as she nodded in agreement.
"Master Ir would have had a better chance of figuring it out though, since none of us can even pronounce that language."
Crexia looked displeased at the notion of it but she nodded in agreement.
He grimaced, "Which reminds me, I ought to see about some sort of silencing spell for Diego when we get home... That bloody opera he's singing is a violation of all that is right and good in all Creation..."

Loretta opened her eyes.
The Cultist said, her speech was sluggish as she was still in a trance.
"Sounds like a good foundation for a plan..."

"Seams like a sensible woman Mr Wainwright, you know House Tremere used to be the best necromancers in the Order, not that it went to well but yes, I can see the appeal."
Crexia said wryly.
He grinned, "I don't dare find out if she's bluffing... Nor, for that matter, am I keen on being in a situation to call her bluff, if it is that."

"Very well, we will give it a try at least, and I am not so sure this thing could be said to be alive you know."
Crexia muttered.
"We will try to give you and opening though if you have no knowledge of spirits draining it might be...a challenge..."
He shrugged, "As far as I'm concerned, anything that can perceive and respond to the environment in any way qualifies. Spirits, people, animals, even a HIT-Mark counts."
He nodded toward the ghost, "She... is more of a grey area; more of an echo, perhaps, but I can make no more magical sense of her than of an average housecat."

"Gatekeeper first, wards later gentlemen, but if you have an idea for dealing with our immediate problem then feel free."
The archmage said as she readied her magick.
He nodded simply, "Yes."

"O...ok...if you are sure Mr Wainwright...thank you."
Cara said and clutched the dagger in both hands.
"What should I do to help?"
He pondered only for an instant, "How good are you at tactical analysis? Spotting that thing's weaknesses? A dedicated spotter can be more precious than a dozen marksmen."

James looked at Adley to see if the other Hermetic wanted to take over his clip of bullets or if the Flambeau had some other idea of what to do.
"I guess you are right Mr Wainwright...I have never pulled a gun in an actual fight before though, I have just been to fierring ranges, I would be scared of hitting any of you guys."
The Jerbiton said nervously and he looked like he was not sure what to do.
He looked at James for an instant, then nodded, "Same as on the firing range; none of us will want to go into melee with the thing, and it's pretty large - just try to hit center of mass, and keep half an eye on the rest of us, to make sure we don't cross your line of fire."

"Yeah I was thinking it would be a better chance of me doing some good by distracting that thing, doing some magick and stopping once I have it's attention, we need some bait so the Masters can work."
He muttered.
He shrugged, "That works, too."

The thing's fleshy, half rotted tentacles shot towards the three chanting Masters and one of those half physical tendrils hit Udella in the arm, the old Quesitor cried out in pain as blood stained her white knitted cardigan, unfortunately for the Gatekeeper, the next tentacle shot past it's target, Jake, as he had already moved to the side to help the other Enforcer, and the tentacle hit the concrete wall behind the elder magi hard, there was a soft, uncomfortable sound as something in that shadowy, half solid tentacle broke and the monstrosity screamed, it was a sound like if a young child was being flayed alive and grating on the ears but it seamed the thing was not used to pain itself for it stopped moving, if just for a second.
The thing was emerging, the tendrils where fully manifested, the main bulk of it's rotted mass was not, you squeezed of a shot at the tendril that had hit Udella and again that thing gave one of it's tortured infant screams as the severed tendril fell to the floor and turned into goo that looked like badly rotted entrails. The rest of the tendrils flailed about viciously, and it struck out towards James, who barely managed to dodge by tossing himself to the ground, another of the thin, fleshy tentacles went for Nancy who laugh at it and stabbed at it with her knife, not that it helped much and the thing wrapped around her and begun to drag the insane Hollower towards the still manifesting, Nancy desperately stabbed at the thing and black goo oozed from it's wounds.

Cara stepped in to try to help Nancy she held the dagger and rushed over to where her friend where being dragged and the tentacle let go, the oozing, wounded tendril begun to gently pat Cara on the head, and the Criamon looked like she might just faint.

Leon was helping James back to his feet while just barely dodging a tendril himself. You hear Rosario's crossbow fire as the young Cultist tried to protect her still meditating Mentor, and then you hear her cry out as another of those foul things wrapped around her waist and then flung her at a wall, you hear the thump as she hit the concrete and a low, pained grunt.

Crexia suddenly spoke the last words of her working and that dread thing screamed, worse this time and all it's tentacles flailed about wildly as the Masters used the Gauntlet as a weapon, sharpening it into a blade that cut into it. The sound of suffering, pain and nothingness filled the corridor as Jodelle's child howled in pain, then slowly, slowly it begun to heal itself, though it was still stuck in a now hardened, sharpened Gauntlet so each movement caused it to injure itself.
He gritted his teeth and forced out the incantation once more, "Monstra malfortunato ex magia monstrorum..."
Then he let the spell out of the little conjuring circle in his ring and let it latch on to the open wounds the thing had already suffered, draining any Quintessence it might release to heal itself and turning it into pure misfortune for the thing. The child of a respectable enemy or not, the thing could not be allowed to live... As the spell manifested, he held on to it, keeping his concentration up to make sure it wouldn't drift, or eat away at anyone else's spells in the process...

((OOC: So, second and final Arete roll for trying to screw up that thing's luck - 3,7,0. I think we're good. Very Happy ))

((OOC2: I doubt Colin's spell would have already messed up the thing's luck; Colin's Paradigm says he creates the spell in a pocket of Unreality, so it springs into this existence fully formed rather than gradually. It's a small distinction, but narratively important on occasion, I think.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:11 pm

Colin shrugged, "It's a non-place one can go to, not in this dimension - calling it another dimension seems close enough for government work. At least, so long as we're not planning to go there anytime soon."

"Indeed...let us not go there, it is a disturbing notion though that such a place exists or rather, do not exist."
Loretta muttered.
"But we have more pressing matters to attend to gentlemen, in either case I doubt it is a plesant place."

He nodded, "He is, and yes, it seems likely word has not yet arrived, simply due to information lag."

"Hum...hopefully the information will get to the Council then."
James said in an uneasy tone of voice.

He grimaced, "Which reminds me, I ought to see about some sort of silencing spell for Diego when we get home... That bloody opera he's singing is a violation of all that is right and good in all Creation..."

"You have a Nephandi prisoner singing opera...in the Dragon's Tongue?"
Crexia asked and raised an eyebrow.
"That can not be plesant to listen to, a silencing spell might indeed be in order."

Loretta nodded and said in a slurred far away voice.
"I will work on opening that window then."

He grinned, "I don't dare find out if she's bluffing... Nor, for that matter, am I keen on being in a situation to call her bluff, if it is that."

"You better make sure you stay among the living then Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and despite the situation she sounded amused.

He shrugged, "As far as I'm concerned, anything that can perceive and respond to the environment in any way qualifies. Spirits, people, animals, even a HIT-Mark counts."
He nodded toward the ghost, "She... is more of a grey area; more of an echo, perhaps, but I can make no more magical sense of her than of an average housecat."

"Hum...well that thing that is entering our reality in a most foul way would probably fit into your definition of alive then young man, but we are going to have to try to see if you can find a way to deal with it anyway, if you are unable to drain it then we are going to just have to weaken in in some other manner."
Crexia said and she glanced in the direction of the ghost.
"Yes...she is an echo, a collection of emotions and regrets to strong to let go."
She said in a soft, compassionate tone of voice.
"Poor woman."

He pondered only for an instant, "How good are you at tactical analysis? Spotting that thing's weaknesses? A dedicated spotter can be more precious than a dozen marksmen."

"I am good at riddles Mr Wainwright, enigmas, spotting weaknesses is not my specialty unfortunately. I might be able to help you find your way through the Labyrinth but finding this thing's weakness...that is a bit harder..."
Cara said apologetically.

He looked at James for an instant, then nodded, "Same as on the firing range; none of us will want to go into melee with the thing, and it's pretty large - just try to hit center of mass, and keep half an eye on the rest of us, to make sure we don't cross your line of fire."

"I think I will just let Mr Roth Hicks have the clip and work on doing magick to draw the things attention away from the Masters."
James said before he proceeded to do just that.

He gritted his teeth and forced out the incantation once more, "Monstra malfortunato ex magia monstrorum..."
Then he let the spell out of the little conjuring circle in his ring and let it latch on to the open wounds the thing had already suffered, draining any Quintessence it might release to heal itself and turning it into pure misfortune for the thing. The child of a respectable enemy or not, the thing could not be allowed to live... As the spell manifested, he held on to it, keeping his concentration up to make sure it wouldn't drift, or eat away at anyone else's spells in the process...

Well what Quintessence where part of making that horrid monstrosity real, making it in a way alive, you did not even see, that was beyond your reach, you where able to latch onto the things attempts to heal itself though, the in effect magick it cast on itself to regenerate the wounds it had suffered, and you managed to set that to fuel your own rote, there was a shriek of frustration of Jodelle's child as it's wounds did not close and it flailed about a bit before one of those tentacles shot towards you with the intent it seamed of smashing you into the wall.
"Look out!"
You hear Cara cry out somewhere behind you.

(OOC: Yeah it was probably not Colin's rote that did it in game, out of game though the thing did botch when it reached for Jake so it was most unfortunate. Also assuming Colin do not feel like a whipping from horrid monstrosity tendrils I thaink you will want to roll dodge. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:58 pm

"Hum...hopefully the information will get to the Council then."
James said in an uneasy tone of voice.
Colin nodded, "It should - if it hasn't been sent already, it should be going with the first Mercere out of Boston."

"You better make sure you stay among the living then Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and despite the situation she sounded amused.
He chuckled softly, "That does sound preferable on the whole, yes."

"Hum...well that thing that is entering our reality in a most foul way would probably fit into your definition of alive then young man, but we are going to have to try to see if you can find a way to deal with it anyway, if you are unable to drain it then we are going to just have to weaken in in some other manner."
Crexia said and she glanced in the direction of the ghost.
"Yes...she is an echo, a collection of emotions and regrets to strong to let go."
She said in a soft, compassionate tone of voice.
"Poor woman."
He just nodded, silently.

"I am good at riddles Mr Wainwright, enigmas, spotting weaknesses is not my specialty unfortunately. I might be able to help you find your way through the Labyrinth but finding this thing's weakness...that is a bit harder..."
Cara said apologetically.
He arched an eyebrow, "This thing is the half-outsider spawn of the Fallen prisoner in the magic-proof cell at Morningstar, and her dark patron. Surely there's something you can discern from that? If not... see if you can try to figure out something about the ghost's son?"

"I think I will just let Mr Roth Hicks have the clip and work on doing magick to draw the things attention away from the Masters."
He nodded.

Well what Quintessence where part of making that horrid monstrosity real, making it in a way alive, you did not even see, that was beyond your reach, you where able to latch onto the things attempts to heal itself though, the in effect magick it cast on itself to regenerate the wounds it had suffered, and you managed to set that to fuel your own rote, there was a shriek of frustration of Jodelle's child as it's wounds did not close and it flailed about a bit before one of those tentacles shot towards you with the intent it seamed of smashing you into the wall.
"Look out!"
You hear Cara cry out somewhere behind you.
His eyes widened for a moment, before he stumbled to the side, trying hard not to lose control of the spell - it had to stay up and draw, even if there was nothing the thing let out to draw on, "Ah, bugger..."

((OOC: Hokay, Dex+Dodge, I can do this... 1,1,2,7,9,0. Er... can I do this? Eeep! Shocked ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:54 am

Yes, exactly. Once without the poison, you will feed and recover, and will grow strong again. Then it will be only a matter of time for the addiction to wear off. He said, knowing that even that, time for an avatar is all but alike for the men.
Can i invite the other doctor in so that we can help you recover?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:44 am

"That...concept is quite disturbing actually, more disturbing than the idea of some hell dimension, that I can envision but just nothing..." She shuddered. "Well yes remind me not to jump into a Caul."

"Much more disturbing, and you will not need to be reminded, I do hope."

"I was more thinking of just connecting the two points in time, not time travel, we will just be observers, but even so I think opening such a window should carry over sound, it is a little like with a scrying pool and letting others see what appear there, usually when scying the mirror or pool of water is just an aid to let your mind wander and get into the right state of mind, but it is possible to show others what you see as well...I have never tried to open a window like this before though..we could try to record the sound instead but I do not have the skill to do that though."

"It might well work, spirits don't have the sense of linear time we do. If that's the most natural way to do it, it seems the simplest."

"I can help keep us both safe, if this dagger do what the prisoner say it dos then perhaps that can give us some breathing space."
Cara said and looked down at Jodelle's dagger.
"Mr Wainwright said it would make the holder appear to the creatures as their mother."

"If you can help me keep an eye out for our friend," he nodded towards Nancy, "that would likely be good."

He muttered.
He shrugged, "That works, too."

"Do what you feel confident in doing, I will cover as best I can but I'm only one person."

Suddenly there seemed to be several things happening at once - several people were grabbed and then thankfully recovered, or managed to escape barely, the Masters continued their spellwork until a sort of snare-trap in the Gauntlet had formed and Colin began his work but then he saw another lash down at his friend as Cara cried out to warn him. It was this one that he he took a shot at with the gun.

// Okay, if I got my math right it goes like this -
From the previous action the damage pool was 4(gun)+3 successes, so 6: 7,7,4,0,0,5
The firearms+dex for the new hit to the one that's attacking Colin: 8,8,8,2,8,9 (holy smokes), 5 sux; The damage pool is 4(gun)+4=8: 8,0,0,4,2,7,2,9

ooc2: lol@poor Cara <3 I got an image of her all O_O; as the thing is patting her on the head after saving Nancy.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:00 am

Colin nodded, "It should - if it hasn't been sent already, it should be going with the first Mercere out of Boston."

"That at least is reassuring."
James said and nodded though the whole thing was making him very concerned.

He chuckled softly, "That does sound preferable on the whole, yes."

Crexia smiled a little then she turned serious.
"Let us hope we all do just that, stay among the living."
She muttered.

He arched an eyebrow, "This thing is the half-outsider spawn of the Fallen prisoner in the magic-proof cell at Morningstar, and her dark patron. Surely there's something you can discern from that? If not... see if you can try to figure out something about the ghost's son?"

Cara nodded and looked at the emerging monstrosity after some moments she said.
"You said this was the prisoner's child right? The result of a ehm...usnion between her and something unholy, well if so there should be something...some symbol of that, a navel perhaps, anything that show it is such a child, that would probably be a weak point. As for the boy, not much of an enigma there I suspect he was magickally gifted and so the Nephandi sent their agents to kill his mother and take the boy, just a guess of course but that is what sounds most likely to me."

His eyes widened for a moment, before he stumbled to the side, trying hard not to lose control of the spell - it had to stay up and draw, even if there was nothing the thing let out to draw on, "Ah, bugger..."

The tentacle hit you but you had managed to get enough out of the way that the impact was lessened, it still hurt though as that found thing landed a blow on your shoulder but it did not damage you and you managed to keep your spell going. That outsider thing gave a frustrated growl like sound,like bone scraping on the ground and drew back it's half flesh appendice to try to hit you again, this time from above aiming for your head, the thing understood it seamed that you where to blame for it's healing not working.

"Much more disturbing, and you will not need to be reminded, I do hope."

"No I do not, and if I ever should be in a situation where such a reminder would be needed, please do feel free to deliver it as a bullet."
Loretta said smoothly but she still frowned.

"It might well work, spirits don't have the sense of linear time we do. If that's the most natural way to do it, it seems the simplest."

"I will try that then."
Loretta said and closed her eyes again.
"It is always best to try the simple solution first."

"If you can help me keep an eye out for our friend," he nodded towards Nancy, "that would likely be good."

"I will do that..."
Cara promised she took a few steps closer to Nancy who had drawn her dagger and stood looking at the emerging Gatekeeper.
"The numbers are all wrong, twisted...broken the math do not add up!"
The Hollower complained in a most disgruntled tone of voice.

"Do what you feel confident in doing, I will cover as best I can but I'm only one person."

James nodded at that, he ran to the farther side of the tunnel and begun to mutter something in Latin and doing modern hand gestures to do some sort of working, just a simple exercise one you noticed, you had been taught that one from your Mentor as well, a simple effect to feel the rise and fall of temperature that you had to cast over, and over and over again until you got it right, well magick was magick and it should attract that monstrosity just as well as anything flashy would.

Suddenly there seemed to be several things happening at once - several people were grabbed and then thankfully recovered, or managed to escape barely, the Masters continued their spellwork until a sort of snare-trap in the Gauntlet had formed and Colin began his work but then he saw another lash down at his friend as Cara cried out to warn him. It was this one that he he took a shot at with the gun.

You hit the tentacle that lashed out after Colin and then drew back for another go, and your bullets neatly sever the tendril and what is left fall to the ground by Colin's feet and goo. The Gatekeeper howled in pain again and it seamed to be weakening, perhaps Colin's rote and the trap the Masters had set up was doing something. Two tentacles, there where six of them left now where going for James and he dodged one but the other grabbed him and begun to drag him across the floor while the other one made a new attack for his brother. One tentacle a wounded one was still petting Cara on the head...well at least it was busy much to the Criamon's dislike as she was the target of it's loving affection of pets and caresses on her head. Nancy screamed out something about numbers and attacked the tentacle that was holding James, stabbing it repeatedly with her knife while Cara moved to help her and keep her safe. Jake placed himself between Udella and the monstrosity and Crexia dodged as another tentacle went for her.

Two of those fleshy, rotted tendrils shot out towards you, trying to smash you to the side or grab you. One of them got an arrow from Rosario and stopped and went for her instead while the other lashed towards you full speed.

(OOC: Well that tentacle is gone. You might also want to roll dodge. Oh and Warp no dodge roll for you the tentacle that attack again is sort of shot to pieces.)

(OOC 2: Cara will be washing her hair...allot when she gets home...hey that monstrosity just want some love from it's Mommy. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:03 am

Tane:

Yes, exactly. Once without the poison, you will feed and recover, and will grow strong again. Then it will be only a matter of time for the addiction to wear off. He said, knowing that even that, time for an avatar is all but alike for the men.

"The need and longing for that foul water will not end, but with it gone, it will not seep into the ground of the forest and poison the trees."
The small Avatar agreed as she regarded you with her large brown eyes.

Can i invite the other doctor in so that we can help you recover?

"The woman who works with machines, yes she have shown she want to help."
She agreed still regarding you.
"Whatever it takes to help the boy."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Cara nodded and looked at the emerging monstrosity after some moments she said.
"You said this was the prisoner's child right? The result of a ehm...usnion between her and something unholy, well if so there should be something...some symbol of that, a navel perhaps, anything that show it is such a child, that would probably be a weak point. As for the boy, not much of an enigma there I suspect he was magickally gifted and so the Nephandi sent their agents to kill his mother and take the boy, just a guess of course but that is what sounds most likely to me."
Colin frowned, "Now there's something... Perhaps a spiritual link to miss Jerkins that gives it a connection to this world? If such a link would be severed...?"

The tentacle hit you but you had managed to get enough out of the way that the impact was lessened, it still hurt though as that found thing landed a blow on your shoulder but it did not damage you and you managed to keep your spell going. That outsider thing gave a frustrated growl like sound,like bone scraping on the ground and drew back it's half flesh appendice to try to hit you again, this time from above aiming for your head, the thing understood it seamed that you where to blame for it's healing not working.
You hit the tentacle that lashed out after Colin and then drew back for another go, and your bullets neatly sever the tendril and what is left fall to the ground by Colin's feet and goo. The Gatekeeper howled in pain again and it seamed to be weakening, perhaps Colin's rote and the trap the Masters had set up was doing something. Two tentacles, there where six of them left now where going for James and he dodged one but the other grabbed him and begun to drag him across the floor while the other one made a new attack for his brother. One tentacle a wounded one was still petting Cara on the head...well at least it was busy much to the Criamon's dislike as she was the target of it's loving affection of pets and caresses on her head. Nancy screamed out something about numbers and attacked the tentacle that was holding James, stabbing it repeatedly with her knife while Cara moved to help her and keep her safe. Jake placed himself between Udella and the monstrosity and Crexia dodged as another tentacle went for her.
He grunted in discomfort as he reeled a bit from the blow, then gave Adley a grateful nod when the offending limb ceased to be, "Thank you."
He grimaced at the thing, and shifted the spell around to clamp down harder on the thing's new wounds, not allowing it to heal itself...

((OOC: Not sure if Colin should feel relieved about protecting Cara, or apologetic... Ewww, tentacly love on the battlefield... Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:57 pm

Colin frowned, "Now there's something... Perhaps a spiritual link to miss Jerkins that gives it a connection to this world? If such a link would be severed...?"

Cara's eyes widened a little and she nodded.
"You are right there have to be some reason why Miss Jerkins' patrol have produced these ehm...children with her, it is likely they have a link with their mother...I do not know how to find it or sever it but I bet Lady Crexia knows."
The Criamon declared a little existed over the idea.
"And it is likely that it will not be able to manifest if that link is severed as that thing is not meant for our world."
She said.

He grunted in discomfort as he reeled a bit from the blow, then gave Adley a grateful nod when the offending limb ceased to be, "Thank you."
He grimaced at the thing, and shifted the spell around to clamp down harder on the thing's new wounds, not allowing it to heal itself...

The monstrosity screamed again, a horrid, ear splitting sound and it was clearly frustrated and weakening as more and more wounds where inflicted on it. Crexia and the two Quesitors started chanting again, this time trying to banish the child from this reality. As the Hermetics started their work the tentacles that was busy with the other members of the party let go of their victims and shot towards Crexia and the Enforcers, save for the ones that went after Adley, the thing clearly still wanted the young Flambeau dead.

(OOC: Hehehe well at least there are no school girl uniforms involved. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:59 pm

(OOC: Well then we are at 30 pages again so it is time to summarize this thread and move on to the next one. If I have forgotten anything important in the summary then please let me know.

Adley and Colin spent allot of time with Joakim and several others discussing what to do about Matty Carlyle, after some time they decided to keep plan V as an absolute last resort but to work with the fact that Carlyle's Avatar seams to react negatively to spirit banishments, the group theorize that her Avatar have been fused with some lesser spirits and that is part of the reason why it can act as it dos. Adley together with several other Hermetics create some banishments hung in time as well as three flye swatters made to give electric shocks to spirits. The plan with Carlyle is then to try to either keep her Avatar from attacking for a while and Crexia will send it back in time another plan is to bind it into one of Cita's Cores and she have been working on readying one.

Colin gets Joakim talked into getting him a large source of corrupted Quintessence to use during the attack on the Labyrinth. The source in question are the Serafina a unfortunate Umbral ship who was found drifting with only one living crew member and him in deep Jhor, the ship's Quintessence tanks are full of corruption from wherever the Serafina have been and the living crewman, the ship's captain Dr Norton Kelly's daughter lives at Morningstar. Colin go to speak with Samantha Kelly and she agree to give him the ship's Quintessence tanks. Colin says he perhaps will be able to cleanse the Serafina at some point and she promises him one third of the sale price on the ship if he manage to do so. The two of them go to retrieve the tanks at the Chicago Umbral docks which is located at the top of a skyscraper, there Colin have a future vision of what happened to the ship, he sees that it found the non existent place where Cauls send Nephandi initiates. Once they have retrieved the tanks Colin find an acorn sitting right where he had the vision, he examine it and find it to be pure and perfect, confused he brings it with him. Samantha and Colin are also planning one expedition once the Serafina have been cleansed, to look for Heylel Teomim's lost Sanctum.

Colin wants to try to figure out what to do with the pine cone so he go to Morningstar's Node together with Crexia. He believes the pine cone are from a future, cleansed Beatrice and he is hoping she will contact him from the future once he establishes a fixed meeting spot there. Beatrice is not the one who shows up but a future version of Freddy, old and worn and about to go out to become a Postulant, she give Colin some advice about the pine cone, that it's purpose might be to use during the attack, she also reveal that the pine cone is a key element to figure out how to cleanse widderslainte and so many will depend on that, including one her and Colin's own children. Freddy also indicates that Colin have been gone a long time for her at her point in time.

When Adley examines the pine cone he gets a vision of Claire and several times he sees Beatrice, he also feels very protective of it.

Morningstar gets unexpected visitors in the form of Mr Zhang a Nephandus from the Household of the Jade Demon, and of all things fairly peaceful Labyrinth that now have had enough of Abigail's antics, he can inform the group that his master is planning to attack Abigail in an hour. Colin and Joakim let Mr Zhang leave after some discussion with Master Min they come to the conclusion that just acting on Zhamg's information is not against the Protocols and the attack on the Labyrinth is timed to coincide with the Jade Demon's attack.

The envoy sent to try to get Abigail's Familiar from Nicolai do not return however a call is made, it seams Nicolai embraced the hedge wizard envoy Mr Valiant and captured the girl Tyler sent, Joe and Cita who is co locating from Boston manage to get the two of them to safety in Morningstar's cellar. Joakim send Hayden to deal with the two vampires, he want Valiant locked into a cellar room so he can choose his own fate once he wakes up the next evening and since it is to early to send Erictho home he orders the girl staked until she can be returned safely to Tyler, this do not go well since the vampiress panics when Hayden tries to stake her and Adley and Colin have to deal with the situation. Colin manage to find a solution though, he gets Joe to teleport the girl back to her own apartment so there are no need to harm her. Valiant gets locket in, and as a bonus he managed to tag the cat before he was taken down by Nicolai, so the Virtual Adepts managed to teleport the familiar to Morningstar as well, so now it is in custody. Colin swears that Nicolai is going to go down.

Adley comes up with a theory that the pine cone are to be activated with Quintessence. The group go back to discussing their tactics for the attack on Abigail's Labyrinth for a while they discuss theories around the pine cone and how it might be used in the Labyrinth, later they go with Crexia and several others to discuss their role in the attack, which will be to take down the Labyrinth's wards and deal with Carlyle. One of the magi in their team, an enigmatic Hollow One named Nancy who is more than half mad rambles on about seeing a red lady planing acorns in a field of numbers, the girl's madness seams to give her some insight. Another mage in the team are a Quesitor named Udella, she was Heylel Teomim's advocate during his trial and she something in Colin...something impossible.

The group discuss the tactics for their tasks when assaulting Abigail's Labyrinth, their job will be dealing with the Labyrinth's Wards as well as with Matty Carlyle. One of the mages in the team a Hollow One named Nancy who never fully recovered from a Quiet she ended up in a while ago give Colin and Adley some hints when it comes to what the pine cone could be used for. Adley have a vision of Beatrice as a child and she give him some hints as well but she is rather cryptic.

The group leaves and get to the sewers near the Labyrinth entrance, two other groups attack the Labyrinth from other sides. Down in the sewers the group meet a ghost who say the Nephandi took her little son, then they are attacked by one of Jodelle Jerkins' children and have to fight for their lives.

Tane have a talk with Cita about the fate of his young Nephandi prisoner and make arrangements for the Quesitor that George recommended to meet with him in the morning. Tane then go to check up on Tobias and he have some ideas for how to help the boy.

Everyone gets 2 exp for this thread. In addition Adley and Colin each get a free dot in Nephandi Lore since they have been dealing so much with them lately.

Also I was wondering Warp, how would you feel about the Dark Fate flaw for Colin? He could then buy it of which would represent finding a way out of what fate have in store, and he would get the freebie points for it but would also know that there is a doom hanging over his head, in well who knows how long...twenty years? Sooner...further away, all he knows is that it is bad and is coming and have gotten a hint of it since he knows he have not been by future Freddy's side for some time.

Great gaming everyone.

This is a link to the new IC thread:

http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com/t101-battle-death-and-a-pine-cone#13925 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Back to top