Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:45 am

"You are right we should bring in Lady Crexia and some of the others on this discussion and hear what ideas they have and also perhaps contact Master Telar about it as well she might have some ideas about what to do about Miss Carlyle's Avatar, she is an expert in the field after all."

He nodded at that and added in a note, 'AJ would be good to hear from as well or anyone else that can help us generate how to make something else happen that you think will be on the team, sir.'

Joakim read then note and looked down he shivered again and had to draw a deep breath to steady himself. "To begin the transformation it is really that fast, though I do not know at which point in the process the...Avatar shatters I only remember...pain..." He said and was silent for a long while looking like the memory was going to make him ill. "Once...once the host is dead...if vampire blood is applied...and if it then works for there is a chance it will not when it is not done properly...then it works very fast, a pre hung trap through is faster that is true the question is if our traps would work but it is worth a shot."

"I'm sorry to ask sir," he said in an apologetic tone.

"No Miss Jarden would not want this to happen...she would do it for the Chantry and then she would have to live with it and she might loose...part of herself in the process I do not want that for her..."
[quote]Colin nodded, and skimmed the notes, "While I can't claim expertise in vampirism, there's one thing that seems fairly reliable - if... if we end up forced to treat miss Carlyle in this manner, God forbid, she'll not stir until closer to sunset. It would let us stall that much, at least..."

He sighed and then pushed a hand through his hair, stopping to scratch at it into disarray. He really did not want that plan to be used, or that stuff on the field with him. With a frown he went back to his notes.

"That might work, unless that Avatar already experience time in a way none of us understand and can just ignore such a prison as an inconvenience, though it would stand a chance of working yes and such a realm of time might be a prison hard to get out of, at least if that being have any sense of time at all and are bound by it...which come to think of it are likely for if it was not the best way to protect Matty would have been to stop the thing the drove her to the Nephandi in the first place."

He sighed and then wrote out, 'It is hard to know. The avatar seems affected by spiritual ars, which means it might be partly manifested into that plane when it comes out from her.'

"The fetish was more of an alternative idea, taking that Avatar and trapping it inside of some item, I am not so sure that would work though." Joakim explained.

"Ah, I see..." He crossed something out and wrote out a separate line for the 'fetish' item idea.

"Trapping it in time though...that do seam like a viable option. But yes you can hang a spell to change time, it might get a bit complicated and I can not do it Sodalis but others at the Chantry have that ability."

"Alright," he said, and made a note to that effect.

Colin nodded, "And as far as keeping her out of the picture for the interim, actually hurling her into the future would be more practical than a prison she might be able to pick her way out of..."

"I just wonder what will happen then, I suppose. That is not my forte though so I'll defer to you both."

"However for now let us focus on this alternative plan, the question there though still remains will sending Miss Carlyle back in time, somehow cutting her room of from the rest of reality in a bubble of it's own or trying to place her soul in a fetish work...if we try ti imprison that thing will it hold?"
He shook his head, "Not back in time - forward. Slamming her into next month or so would mean that she'd be out of the fight, and we could have ample time setting up a better trap for whenever she returns into the timestream. It's a lot simpler to set a trap when you know exactly when and where the target will appear..."
"Hum...true then again a prison we can gather Spirit Masters to do...their grim work around once we are done with the Labyrinth and while Miss Carlyle is kept restrained within...though I suppose we could prepare things for the time she would be sent to as well."
Joakim said grimly.
"You are right Mr Wainwright that could work and would give us time to come up with a solution for how to deal with Miss Carlyle permanently and have the benefit that we do not need her to be at a particular location when such a rote is cast."
The hedge wizard said and nodded

"Hmm....very well, what do we need for that?" he said, ready to hash out what they needed to pull something like that off. It had the benefit of being simpler.

"It would be a double edged sword indeed Sodalis, but it's edge is duller on one side than the other so it might still be to our advantage to poke such a hole, but it is more of a plan of desperation than a good plan A I think."
He nodded, "True enough, I suppose - though it would have to be done eventually, in any case; can't very well retain a Labyrinth in the middle of the city after the inhabitants have been taken care of, after all - that's begging for a reinfestation... But let's hope we don't have to go for such a desperation move in mid-battle.

"Of course," he said with a nod and wrote out, 'That's why I mentioned it would be hard, it will take time and it will be hard to do that in a battle. The thing to do is take out the caul at the very least.'

// Happy birthday Warp! Sorry I was out today as well, I went to a dog show to pet the prize winning and non prize winning puppers. All the puppers. Hope your eyes feel better soon, Anja.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:09 am

He nodded at that and added in a note, 'AJ would be good to hear from as well or anyone else that can help us generate how to make something else happen that you think will be on the team, sir.'

Joakim read the note and nodded.
"Agreed Sodalis if you contact the man and ask him to meet us here I will contact Lady Crexia."
He said and fished his phone out of his pocket.

"I'm sorry to ask sir," he said in an apologetic tone.

"Do not apologize it was a necessary question Sodalis."
The old hedge wizard said softly and looked down and shivered again.

He sighed and then wrote out, 'It is hard to know. The avatar seems affected by spiritual ars, which means it might be partly manifested into that plane when it comes out from her.'

Joakim looked at what you had written and considered it.
"Avatars are also affected by spiritual ars but at a different plane, they to are Ephemera but a less dense form of it, perhaps what have been done to this soul have made it more dense so less advanced spiritual ars can affect it?"
He suggested.

"I just wonder what will happen then, I suppose. That is not my forte though so I'll defer to you both."

"I can not affect the flow of time at all, I use the old Hermetic system which is unable to do so. I can only advice from what I have seen others do."
The old hedge wizard said.

"Hmm....very well, what do we need for that?" he said, ready to hash out what they needed to pull something like that off. It had the benefit of being simpler.

"Luck and a great deal of it, someone to make a major manipulation of time to send the Carlyle girl into the future or trap her in time, someone to make the banishings to be used for Mr Wainwright's barrage and someone to make it all into hanging spells."
Joakim said and ticked things of on his long, thing fingers.
"And the person doing the time rote will have to be willing to eat a good deal of Paradox...I would take their place but I am unable to unfortunately."
He said sounding uneasy about asking a member of the Chantry to suffer.

"Of course," he said with a nod and wrote out, 'That's why I mentioned it would be hard, it will take time and it will be hard to do that in a battle. The thing to do is take out the caul at the very least.'

"Agreed that Caul have to be destroyed..."
Joakim said firmly.

(OOC: I think he was at a birthday party of someone else, but if it was your birthday Warp then Happy Birthday. Petting doggies is always a good thing. Very Happy Thank you they are better today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:26 pm

"Hum...true then again a prison we can gather Spirit Masters to do...their grim work around once we are done with the Labyrinth and while Miss Carlyle is kept restrained within...though I suppose we could prepare things for the time she would be sent to as well."
Colin frowned, "It would certainly simplify matters, not having to worry about a half-dozen Nephandi or a pack of werebears hitting our people from behind at that time..."

"Well yes there are some issues with doing it that way but it would indeed destroy the Labyrith if the primal flames where hot and widespread enough."
"Well, we'll just have to burn that bridge when we get to it..."

"The Labyrinth will have to be destroyed Mr Wainwright but by burning it to the ground or filling it with concrete, not by pulling it into physical reality, we do not want millions of sleepers to see it after all."
"That, too, but there are Nodes there that we might want to cleanse first. Just to ensure they don't keep giving the neighbourhood any more trouble, if nothing else..."

Colin nodded, "I'm hardly the expert, myself - I've got a few insights, though: If we send miss Carlyle from today and into, let's be ambitious and say New Year's Day, we'll have plenty of preparation time to prepare a welcome ceremony for her; to her, there should be little if any time passed for the duration of the skip - too little for her to have much of a chance to do anything about it. Sort of the equivalent of tripping someone, and immediately directing them into an adjacent wall. She might see it coming, but she'll probably not have the reflexes to do anything about the imminent impact."

"And the person doing the time rote will have to be willing to eat a good deal of Paradox...I would take their place but I am unable to unfortunately."
Colin grimaced, "Lady Crexia will probably know precisely how bad that one's going to be..."

((OOC1: Well, arguably, your eyes DO make you look funny at everyone... Wink ))

((OOC2: Not my birthday, that's in October. A friend's 30th. Also, puppies (and kitties) are excellent natural antidepressives. Very Happy Well, better than David Wolfe's quackery solutions, anyway. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:38 pm

Colin frowned, "It would certainly simplify matters, not having to worry about a half-dozen Nephandi or a pack of werebears hitting our people from behind at that time..."

"True though I am more concerned with Miss Carlyle's Avatar hitting us from behind when we try to deal with said numbers of Nephandi and a pack of werebears, something that would be most unfortunate for everyone involved, so setting the young lady on hold or as Mr Roth Hicks said sending her to time out would be most practical."

"Well, we'll just have to burn that bridge when we get to it..."

"If we take the residents of the Labyrinth down taking down the structure itself should prove to be less of an issue, we can decide how to do that when we have won."
Joakim said and leaned back in his chair.

That, too, but there are Nodes there that we might want to cleanse first. Just to ensure they don't keep giving the neighbourhood any more trouble, if nothing else..."

"Cleanse or destroy yes, though if they can be cleaned properly having more Quintessence available would be a boon in the future."

Colin nodded, "I'm hardly the expert, myself - I've got a few insights, though: If we send miss Carlyle from today and into, let's be ambitious and say New Year's Day, we'll have plenty of preparation time to prepare a welcome ceremony for her; to her, there should be little if any time passed for the duration of the skip - too little for her to have much of a chance to do anything about it.

"Hum true for her it should not really feel like much have happened...we should probably have the young woman moved in space as well as we do not know what the Labyrinth will be in a few months, if it is filled in with concrete then Miss Carlyle will be dead when she reappear and then we are back to the issue of her raging Avatar."
Joakim said and nodded.

Sort of the equivalent of tripping someone, and immediately directing them into an adjacent wall. She might see it coming, but she'll probably not have the reflexes to do anything about the imminent impact."

"Hum..."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.
"Yes that might work."

Colin grimaced, "Lady Crexia will probably know precisely how bad that one's going to be..."

"She have had some centuries to experience such effects yes, luckily as her own nature is rather Static it appears to me that Lady Crexia and our other lich Master William who I do not believe you have met young man...seam to be less affected by the Scourge than other Awakened magi."

(OOC: True that is what I use them for, that and reading...and movies and such...Razz)

(OOC: Well fur therapy is quite effective indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Colin nodded, "I'm hardly the expert, myself - I've got a few insights, though: If we send miss Carlyle from today and into, let's be ambitious and say New Year's Day, we'll have plenty of preparation time to prepare a welcome ceremony for her; to her, there should be little if any time passed for the duration of the skip - too little for her to have much of a chance to do anything about it. Sort of the equivalent of tripping someone, and immediately directing them into an adjacent wall. She might see it coming, but she'll probably not have the reflexes to do anything about the imminent impact."
"Hum true for her it should not really feel like much have happened...we should probably have the young woman moved in space as well as we do not know what the Labyrinth will be in a few months, if it is filled in with concrete then Miss Carlyle will be dead when she reappear and then we are back to the issue of her raging Avatar."

He nodded thoughtfully and then added that too. 'So we will need also some correspondence aspect to move her with this plan as well?'

"Agreed Sodalis if you contact the man and ask him to meet us here I will contact Lady Crexia." He said and fished his phone out of his pocket.

He wrote, 'And who will contact the Adept Master?'

"Avatars are also affected by spiritual ars but at a different plane, they to are Ephemera but a less dense form of it, perhaps what have been done to this soul have made it more dense so less advanced spiritual ars can affect it?"

"That's what I mean sir," he said with a nod. "And that's my hypothesis, though I hadn't a good way to put it as that."

"Luck and a great deal of it, someone to make a major manipulation of time to send the Carlyle girl into the future or trap her in time, someone to make the banishings to be used for Mr Wainwright's barrage and someone to make it all into hanging spells."
Joakim said and ticked things of on his long, thing fingers. "And the person doing the time rote will have to be willing to eat a good deal of Paradox...I would take their place but I am unable to unfortunately."

He wrote that down and added a note, [i]'And the team to deal with her later.'

// fur therapy <3 And sorry I thought you meant your birthday but still it sounds a fun time Warp
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:26 pm

He nodded thoughtfully and then added that too. 'So we will need also some correspondence aspect to move her with this plan as well?'

"That would be preferable yes so we do not need to keep the Labyrinth habitable to deal with her in that location in a few months time."
Joakim said and sipped his coffee.

He wrote, 'And who will contact the Adept Master?'

"I can take care of it Mr Roth Hicks."
The old hedge wizard said as he sat his coffee cup down and started tapping out a few text messages.

"That's what I mean sir," he said with a nod. "And that's my hypothesis, though I hadn't a good way to put it as that."

"Hum...as an emergency solution then in addition to banishings working on it, perhaps...just perhaps it can be trapped as an Umbrood can in a Gauntlet prison, though it would be a dangerous thing to try, however preparing a rote for one might be wise in a pinch."
He said and looked up from his phone as he jotted down some messages.

(OOC: The last part with the added note that is just in Adley's note book right? It is not something he shows to the others? I am just asking as if it is something he just jots down for himself then it is not something or Joakim to reply to.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:20 am

"That would be preferable yes so we do not need to keep the Labyrinth habitable to deal with her in that location in a few months time."

"That makes sense," he said with a nod as he wrote.

"I can take care of it Mr Roth Hicks." The old hedge wizard said

"Thank you, sir."

"Hum...as an emergency solution then in addition to banishings working on it, perhaps...just perhaps it can be trapped as an Umbrood can in a Gauntlet prison, though it would be a dangerous thing to try, however preparing a rote for one might be wise in a pinch." He said and looked up from his phone as he jotted down some messages.

He added that as a note as well. With any good luck they would have a few months to figure out what to do with Matty and her avatar, but better to be prepared than not. "Shall I go get him now sir or do you think they are still working?" he asked, thinking of everyone downstairs. He didn't know when to expect Lady Crexia, there were still things to take care of downstairs and everyone still recovering. He hoped those that had survived were going to be alright, at least.

// yes that's right, I'm sure it will be seen though by everyone eventually. He's just listing things that need to be done to keep track as they go
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:53 am

He added that as a note as well. With any good luck they would have a few months to figure out what to do with Matty and her avatar, but better to be prepared than not. "Shall I go get him now sir or do you think they are still working?"

"Yes that might be a good idea Mr Roth Hicks. When I dropped by the cafeteria they where moving everyone to their rooms and those who was hurt the worst to the infirmary"
Joakim said and sigh.
"And the man we lost...to a storage room until his apprentices can claim him..."
He added sadly.
"They should be done by now I think."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:28 pm

"Yes that might be a good idea Mr Roth Hicks. When I dropped by the cafeteria they where moving everyone to their rooms and those who was hurt the worst to the infirmary" Joakim said and sigh. "And the man we lost...to a storage room until his apprentices can claim him..." He added sadly. "They should be done by now I think."

He frowned at the comment about the Master and then gave him a nod, standing up and folding his notebook away. "Very well, sir. Amicus, did you wish me to pass on anything on my way?" he asked him, before looking once again at the container of blood with intense, visceral dislike. He waited for any response and then gave the pair of elder magii another polite nod in parting before heading towards the rooms they'd been given to look for Adjan.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Joakim gave you a nod as you stood up to leave. You found Adjan in the halway again heading for the stairs as he was helping Francesca towards the room the group from Steelhaven had been given, both of the Euthanatoi had been healed from their injuries but Francesca's left arm and right leg was still sore and it was hard for her to get up the stairs without some support. Adjan gave you a nod, the death magus looked tired, there was still blood on his clothes, his own and that of others he had helped.
"Can I help you with something my friend?"
Adjan asked as you came over to him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:52 pm

Adjan gave you a nod, the death magus looked tired, there was still blood on his clothes, his own and that of others he had helped. "Can I help you with something my friend?"

"Yes, we could use some of your expertise on a matter. But first perhaps I can help you upstairs? Are you alright?" he asked Fran and then looked at Adjan as well, putting an arm out to offer to help lift her up with Adjan.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:05 pm

"Yes let us get Fran upstairs and I will help you with whatever it is that you need."
Adjan said and offered a slight smile. Francesca nodded.
"Yeah mostly, I got to make friends with a tree at some speed."
She muttered she hesitated for a moment then let you help support her together with her Traditionmate, taking weight of her wounded leg, wincing a little as she moved her left arm.
"I am better than many of the others."
She muttered.
"Mr Horton took care of my injuries, he gave me a shot of...something to accelerate healing and recommended I rest until it have finished working...I would rather help out though but Adjan have been insisting."
The young death magus said and she did not look pleased at the thought of resting while others prepared for the strike on the Labyrinth.
"We need everyone who can stand and caste magick when we move on Abigail, which means you need to rest until you can stand on your own two feet, if you want to be helpful when we really need it."
Adjan said and frowned and Francesca nodded.
"Yeah...yeah I know...but it hardly seam fair, I have rested more than the rest of you to night."
She pouted as she let the two other magi help her up the stairs wincing a little now and again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:25 pm

"Yes let us get Fran upstairs and I will help you with whatever it is that you need." Adjan said and offered a slight smile. Francesca nodded.

"Thank you."

"Yeah mostly, I got to make friends with a tree at some speed." She muttered she hesitated for a moment then let you help support her together with her Traditionmate, taking weight of her wounded leg, wincing a little as she moved her left arm.

"That does not sound good, I am glad you were not more seriously injured," he said, walking closer to them and watching where she was in pain before deciding what kind of carry would be easiest and best.

"I am better than many of the others." She muttered. "Mr Horton took care of my injuries, he gave me a shot of...something to accelerate healing and recommended I rest until it have finished working...I would rather help out though but Adjan have been insisting."

"We need everyone who can stand and caste magick when we move on Abigail, which means you need to rest until you can stand on your own two feet, if you want to be helpful when we really need it."

Adjan said and frowned and Francesca nodded. "Yeah...yeah I know...but it hardly seam fair, I have rested more than the rest of you to night."

"I understand how you feel, it's hard watching other people hurt or...worse but he is right, we're going to need you to be as fit as you can be soon enough. It will be a very long day I feel," he said, as he helped them. "Is there someone to sit with you?" he asked.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:09 pm

"Thank you."

Adjan nodded at this.

"That does not sound good, I am glad you were not more seriously injured," he said, walking closer to them and watching where she was in pain before deciding what kind of carry would be easiest and best.

"I got lucky, that...thing it just threw us aside...as if we where nothing. I have never felt so helpless, not even when sparring with your Mentor, I was nothing. It did not even bother to check if it had disabled any of us, it was as when you swat away an annoying fly, it just...slapped us aside and went for the Spirit Masters."
The young Euthanatos muttered, it was clear that Matty's wayward soul had scared her and Euthanatoi did not scare easily.

Since her right leg and hip was injured and her left arm it was hard to find some place to help lift her without causing some discomfort, but but avoiding putting pressure on her wounded limbs you could help get her up the stairs as kindly as possible.

"I understand how you feel, it's hard watching other people hurt or...worse but he is right, we're going to need you to be as fit as you can be soon enough. It will be a very long day I feel," he said, as he helped them. "Is there someone to sit with you?" he asked.

"Yes...I can take being injured myself...I off course do not like it but I can grin and bear it, but watching others be hurt that is...harder."
Francesca said softly and Adjan gave another grim nod at that.
"Yeah I know and I want to help take out Abigail and I know letting Mr Horton's Sons of Ether goop have time to do it's thing is the only way I will be useful but I still hate sitting on the sidelines."
She complained and sigh.
"I will be fine, I am not seriously hurt, my shoulder got dislocated and I tore something in my hip, I am hurt but not enough to you know be traumatized by it nor are my life in danger. There is no need to have anyone sit with me when we need every hand either on deck or resting to make it through the day, I have my phone so if there is any trouble I can call someone but really all I need is to get of my feet until Mr Horton's rote have time to patch me up."
Fran said and shook her head.
"There are others far...far worse of than me...we lost two of the Masters, and the Verbena and that small Hermetic woman I have forgotten the name of had to work their ass of to save some of them."
She muttered in a tired tone of voice.
"Damned thing, and the most scary thing is that it could have attacked us you know...non physically. I could feel it looking at him...the man with the hourglass that live inside of me...it could have gone for him but it decided to just swat us aside in the most practical way possible which was physically, and that damned scary...it was just...so powerful."
Francesca added softly.
"I...do you think we...will find some way to beat that thing Adley?"
She asked you looking at you with scared eyes.
"How can...we beat something like that, we where...nothing before it...nothing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:58 am

"I got lucky, that...thing it just threw us aside...as if we where nothing. I have never felt so helpless, not even when sparring with your Mentor, I was nothing. It did not even bother to check if it had disabled any of us, it was as when you swat away an annoying fly, it just...slapped us aside and went for the Spirit Masters."

He frowned. "It knew they were the main threat...when it attacked did it reach across the Gauntlet as ephemera or was it manifested?"

"Yes...I can take being injured myself...I off course do not like it but I can grin and bear it, but watching others be hurt that is...harder." Francesca said softly and Adjan gave another grim nod at that. "Yeah I know and I want to help take out Abigail and I know letting Mr Horton's Sons of Ether goop have time to do it's thing is the only way I will be useful but I still hate sitting on the sidelines."

"I'm sure we'll need your help soon enough," he said.

"I will be fine, I am not seriously hurt, my shoulder got dislocated and I tore something in my hip, I am hurt but not enough to you know be traumatized by it nor are my life in danger. There is no need to have anyone sit with me when we need every hand either on deck or resting to make it through the day, I have my phone so if there is any trouble I can call someone but really all I need is to get of my feet until Mr Horton's rote have time to patch me up."

"As you wish, though I do like us sticking together when possible."

"There are others far...far worse of than me...we lost two of the Masters, and the Verbena and that small Hermetic woman I have forgotten the name of had to work their ass of to save some of them."

He looked sober as she related what had happened. She'd been thrown like a rag doll and two Masters dispatched plus taxing their healers with everyone else's injuries. Not good, not at all. But as bad was how much it had upset her, he'd tried to warn her but there was really nothing that could effectively warn one against seeing something like that happen, see an avatar that was unlike any other - for the worse.

"Damned thing, and the most scary thing is that it could have attacked us you know...non physically. I could feel it looking at him...the man with the hourglass that live inside of me...it could have gone for him but it decided to just swat us aside in the most practical way possible which was physically, and that damned scary...it was just...so powerful."

"I know what you mean," he said. Yes, he had seen it and heard it, threatening them. If they had been away from Colin, if there had not been a small shred of what it was before left, they could all have had that thing attack their very avatars. Reach right through their skins to their spirits. A weapon designed to do unto others. "The power of it came at a great price and for a terrible reason," he said, as he helped them along.

I...do you think we...will find some way to beat that thing Adley?" She asked you looking at you with scared eyes. "How can...we beat something like that, we where...nothing before it...nothing."

"Yes. We have to and so we will," he said seriously. "We haven't gotten the how figured out yet but I do know one thing. You aren't nothing. You're still here to fight again. That's just the sort of thing they want us to think, that we're nothing that there isn't any point to try. To doubt ourselves, our abilities, our friends and allies, to destroy our hopes and terrify us. But we have to keep going, try to find a way. She got herself...the way she is and we will find a way, we have to." He stopped to push open a door to the room as they went.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:54 am

He frowned. "It knew they were the main threat...when it attacked did it reach across the Gauntlet as ephemera or was it manifested?"

"Yes...it knew..."
Francesca said then she sigh.
"Not so much across the Gauntlet our Avatars are after all not in the Umbra they are...somewhere else, some other plane we do not fully understand, but it reached out from there. I saw it, but I saw it like I would a spirit."

"I'm sure we'll need your help soon enough," he said.

"I will try to do my best when that time comes."
The young Euthanatos said and smiled slightly.

"As you wish, though I do like us sticking together when possible."

"I appreciate the sentiment Adley, but just like I would have liked to stay at Freddy's side to baby her after she got shot, we do not have the time and resources to do so. At regular time if one of us get hurt the others can play nursemaid, and that is welcome but right now we need to focus on taking out those bloody Nephandi so we can return to regular times eh?"
She said with a soft smile.

"I know what you mean," he said. Yes, he had seen it and heard it, threatening them. If they had been away from Colin, if there had not been a small shred of what it was before left, they could all have had that thing attack their very avatars. Reach right through their skins to their spirits. A weapon designed to do unto others. "The power of it came at a great price and for a terrible reason," he said, as he helped them along.

"It...seamed so sad. It said nothing to me, but it was this feeling in the air, of wrongness. Once I was part of a group attacking a Construct, and we found a Progenitor experiment there, part man...part other thing, it had the same feeling about it, the feeling of being something that should not be. My Mentor put that creature out of it's misery and it was a mercy, I hope we can find a way to do the same for this poor soul, for us and for it."
The Euthanatos said in a soft whisper and shook her head.
"How could anyone do something like that to themselves?"

"Yes. We have to and so we will," he said seriously. "We haven't gotten the how figured out yet but I do know one thing. You aren't nothing. You're still here to fight again. That's just the sort of thing they want us to think, that we're nothing that there isn't any point to try. To doubt ourselves, our abilities, our friends and allies, to destroy our hopes and terrify us. But we have to keep going, try to find a way. She got herself...the way she is and we will find a way, we have to." He stopped to push open a door to the room as they went.

Francesca looked at you as you spoke then after some time she nodded.
"Yes we...will find a way, we have to."
She muttered she still looked rather shocked up, she looked far worse mentally now than when she had almost died, that had left her wondering if her time had come, but now she was seriously shook up.
"It do want us to think we are nothing, all of the Nephandi want that, they...fight for nothing literary, and they would like nothing better than for us to give up but we will get them...somehow, we will get them."
She said with determination as you entered the small sitting room your group had been given for your use for the duration of your visit to Morningstar.

Adjan looked at you he had been silent for the most part while you spoke with Francesca.
"Let us get her on the sofa."
He suggested then he nodded.
"Everything can be killed, even a god can be killed, and this thing is no god so we will figure out a way to kill or contain it."
He said to assure his Traditionmate.
"We will figure out something.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:39 am

((OOC: Sorry I've not posted for a couple of days - I've been completely tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk. Been pinin' for the fjords, too... Bit of a breather today, though. ))

"True though I am more concerned with Miss Carlyle's Avatar hitting us from behind when we try to deal with said numbers of Nephandi and a pack of werebears, something that would be most unfortunate for everyone involved, so setting the young lady on hold or as Mr Roth Hicks said sending her to time out would be most practical."
Colin grimaced, "Either way, we don't want to end up as the meat of a supernatural sandwich."

"Cleanse or destroy yes, though if they can be cleaned properly having more Quintessence available would be a boon in the future."
"Indeed; I suspect Morningstar could have a strong bargaining chip in the Tribunal with those, too."

"She have had some centuries to experience such effects yes, luckily as her own nature is rather Static it appears to me that Lady Crexia and our other lich Master William who I do not believe you have met young man...seam to be less affected by the Scourge than other Awakened magi."
He shook his head, "No, I've not had the distinct experience of meeting Master William. Yet."

He pondered, "Actually, if the leftovers of the Fallen were purged, would it not be beneficial to repurpose the structure? Get rid of the fleshy bits, set up some new facilities in their place?"

"Yes that might be a good idea Mr Roth Hicks. When I dropped by the cafeteria they where moving everyone to their rooms and those who was hurt the worst to the infirmary"
Joakim said and sigh.
"And the man we lost...to a storage room until his apprentices can claim him..."
He added sadly.
"They should be done by now I think."
He frowned at the comment about the Master and then gave him a nod, standing up and folding his notebook away. "Very well, sir. Amicus, did you wish me to pass on anything on my way?" he asked him, before looking once again at the container of blood with intense, visceral dislike. He waited for any response and then gave the pair of elder magii another polite nod in parting before heading towards the rooms they'd been given to look for Adjan.
Colin looked... older, more worn down, perhaps, at the mention of Master Jameson, "I... can't think of anything right now. Wishes for a speedy recovery for the wounded, and hopes that plan B and onward have their kinks worked out before we go face that darkness again... Hum... I should meditate on the Labyrinth itself, I think - see if I can't work out some additional dirty tricks to pull out of my sleeve when we get there..."

He leaned back, rubbing lightly at his eyes with two fingers, "Anything else... ah, there's a thought - could we find out who here has any heavily resonated tass lying around that they are none too keen on using? If so, such stores might be useful - Master Harris has been taught my little magic trick, and might be able to employ such a little extra bit of power to help with putting miss Carlyle in a time-out..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Colin grimaced, "Either way, we don't want to end up as the meat of a supernatural sandwich."

"No that would be quite unfortunate Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said with a concerned look at his face.
"That is why I wanted to deal with Miss Carlyle before we attacked the Labyrinth, but now we will have to deal with both at the same time..."

"Indeed; I suspect Morningstar could have a strong bargaining chip in the Tribunal with those, too."

"Indeed we could, and I will make sure that if that should happen your own Chantry would get it's share, however while that would be quite nice the most important thing is to stop this Labyrinth and make sure a new one do not crop up. Nephandi are like rats you can wipe them out but unless you get rid of the unpleasant conditions they thrive in you will just end up with new ones.""
He said and frowned.

He shook his head, "No, I've not had the distinct experience of meeting Master William. Yet."

"You might meet him when we go for the Labyrinth then Mr Wainwright, be aware though that he is not like Lady Crexia he is much more what you would expect from what he is."

He pondered, "Actually, if the leftovers of the Fallen were purged, would it not be beneficial to repurpose the structure? Get rid of the fleshy bits, set up some new facilities in their place?"

"Hum...you do have a point and it might be but only if we get all the Nephandi and are also able to cleanse out the Resonance and deal with their Node. I would not like to use that place if there is anything left."

... Hum... I should meditate on the Labyrinth itself, I think - see if I can't work out some additional dirty tricks to pull out of my sleeve when we get there..."

"Yes your tricks do seam to be particularly dirty for such a gentle man..."
The hedge wizard said and frowned.
"Do feel free to use our Node chamber to meditate if you so please."

He leaned back, rubbing lightly at his eyes with two fingers, "Anything else... ah, there's a thought - could we find out who here has any heavily resonated tass lying around that they are none too keen on using? If so, such stores might be useful -

"Hum...I think Master William might have some heavily Static Tass, such energies tend to show up around his kind and then there is off course Miss Kelly's ship, but there is a whole lot of shit in that..."
Joakim said and frowned again.
"I do not think she want that Tass though but...ah yes you might not have been told. Miss Kelly was taught by her father, a venerable old Etherine, Dr Norton Kelly, however one day he set out with his crew on the Umbral ship Mary's Serafina, three months passed and the Serafina did not show up again when it should...later an Umbral traveler found it floating...derelict. Dr Kelly was the only survivor but he was deep in a Jhor Quiet that he have never woken from...Miss Kelly inherited the ship but none have dared to set foot in it since the dead and Dr Kelly was recovered from it. The horrible even was covered quite extensively by the Paradigma. The Serafina is still docked at the Chicago Umbral port but I am not sure you would want contact with the Tass in it's engines though."
Joakim said with a dark look in his eyes as he spoke of the unfortunate ship.

Master Harris has been taught my little magic trick, and might be able to employ such a little extra bit of power to help with putting miss Carlyle in a time-out..."

"Perhaps but I think I would rather give clean Quintessence to our best teleporter, he is the one who is going to have to haul our oh so magical behinds out of the fire if things gets to hot and we have no other choice but to flee after all."

(OOC: No problem and you did not have to post. I just wanted to check to see that all was ok. I hope you feel better soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:29 pm

"Hum...you do have a point and it might be but only if we get all the Nephandi and are also able to cleanse out the Resonance and deal with their Node. I would not like to use that place if there is anything left."

"That depends on what we have to do to destroy it and what resonance it leaves but I suppose we can deal with that when we are able to do so."

Colin looked... older, more worn down, perhaps, at the mention of Master Jameson, "I... can't think of anything right now. Wishes for a speedy recovery for the wounded, and hopes that plan B and onward have their kinks worked out before we go face that darkness again... Hum... I should meditate on the Labyrinth itself, I think - see if I can't work out some additional dirty tricks to pull out of my sleeve when we get there..."

"I hope so," he agreed. "I'm going to bring someone back to help us with that." He noted the look on his face and skirted to one side, then put out a hand to grasp his arm near the shoulder.

He leaned back, rubbing lightly at his eyes with two fingers, "Anything else... ah, there's a thought - could we find out who here has any heavily resonated tass lying around that they are none too keen on using? If so, such stores might be useful - Master Harris has been taught my little magic trick, and might be able to employ such a little extra bit of power to help with putting miss Carlyle in a time-out..."

"Resonated in which manner? Entropic? or tainted by foul Qlippothic magick?"

Hum...I think Master William might have some heavily Static Tass, such energies tend to show up around his kind and then there is off course Miss Kelly's ship, but there is a whole lot of shit in that..." Joakim said and frowned again. "I do not think she want that Tass though but...ah yes you might not have been told. Miss Kelly was taught by her father, a venerable old Etherine, Dr Norton Kelly, however one day he set out with his crew on the Umbral ship Mary's Serafina, three months passed and the Serafina did not show up again when it should...later an Umbral traveler found it floating...derelict. Dr Kelly was the only survivor but he was deep in a Jhor Quiet that he have never woken from...Miss Kelly inherited the ship but none have dared to set foot in it since the dead and Dr Kelly was recovered from it. The horrible even was covered quite extensively by the Paradigma. The Serafina is still docked at the Chicago Umbral port but I am not sure you would want contact with the Tass in it's engines though."

He frowned, shaking his head. "That is terrible. When did that happen?"

"Not so much across the Gauntlet our Avatars are after all not in the Umbra they are...somewhere else, some other plane we do not fully understand, but it reached out from there. I saw it, but I saw it like I would a spirit."

"True, yes that's what confuses me. I could hear it coming as if it were a spirit, yet not manifested and see it and it carried that same feeling that the arrival of spirits can but...hrm..."

"I appreciate the sentiment Adley, but just like I would have liked to stay at Freddy's side to baby her after she got shot, we do not have the time and resources to do so. At regular time if one of us get hurt the others can play nursemaid, and that is welcome but right now we need to focus on taking out those bloody Nephandi so we can return to regular times eh?"

"It's not so much baby you as circling the wagons." Then he tried a little humour and added as he glanced towards her, "Though if it were a regular time and you were injured, then perhaps then we would be inclined to play nursemaid. I can't promise that I will adhere to the uniform standards, though maybe we could convince him to wear the hat?" he said, nodding towards Adjan.

"It...seamed so sad. It said nothing to me, but it was this feeling in the air, of wrongness. Once I was part of a group attacking a Construct, and we found a Progenitor experiment there, part man...part other thing, it had the same feeling about it, the feeling of being something that should not be. My Mentor put that creature out of it's misery and it was a mercy, I hope we can find a way to do the same for this poor soul, for us and for it."

"Yes; there was a part of it that knew what it had become, what had been done to it...the horror of that. And the feeling it brought first was destruction but that part was saddened."

"It do want us to think we are nothing, all of the Nephandi want that, they...fight for nothing literary, and they would like nothing better than for us to give up but we will get them...somehow, we will get them." She said with determination as you entered the small sitting room your group had been given for your use for the duration of your visit to Morningstar.
"Let us get her on the sofa." He suggested then he nodded.

He helped her over to the couch in the room. "We will, we cannot allow them to destroy the world, the people and spirits here, or our paths to glory because they have lost their way. Whatever we do, we have to hold onto hope, however that manifests for each of us. Your man within survives until the time it is right to turn the glass over, that's the way it's supposed to be."

"Everything can be killed, even a god can be killed, and this thing is no god so we will figure out a way to kill or contain it."
He said to assure his Traditionmate. "We will figure out something.

He looked speculative as Adjan told her that it could be killed, digging around in his thoughts briefly. "Please let us know if you need anything then, we'll be in the Chief's office. If you think of anything that can help with the situation, let us know," he said to Fran. Then unexpectedly he found himself giving her a world class awkward half-hug as he let her go, then moved over to towards the door, a frown lingering on his face. "Adjan, if you wouldn't mind coming with me?"

// I hope you feel better Warp, take care and it's good to hear from you.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:13 pm

Joakim's Office:

"That depends on what we have to do to destroy it and what resonance it leaves but I suppose we can deal with that when we are able to do so."

"This is anyway a minor concern at the moment, first we have to actually win, then we can consider what to do with potential spoils of war, including the structure of the Labyrinth itself."
Joakim said and sipped his coffee.

He frowned, shaking his head. "That is terrible. When did that happen?"

"About eight years ago, and yes it is terrible, traveling in the Umbra can at times be very dangerous Sodalis."

In the sitting room:

"True, yes that's what confuses me. I could hear it coming as if it were a spirit, yet not manifested and see it and it carried that same feeling that the arrival of spirits can but...hrm..."

"Yes it...felt like a spirit but was not one and it filled the area with such a feeling of despair, but it is almost as if it was half spirit and half Avatar, not that I have ever heard of anything like that happening, and I do not see how it could be."
Francesca said and shook her head.

"It's not so much baby you as circling the wagons." Then he tried a little humour and added as he glanced towards her, "Though if it were a regular time and you were injured, then perhaps then we would be inclined to play nursemaid. I can't promise that I will adhere to the uniform standards, though maybe we could convince him to wear the hat?" he said, nodding towards Adjan.

Francesca gave a bit of a laugh and winced a little.
"Well you would be adorable both of you little little nurse's uniforms...then again you do know there are male nurses now and no one wears those hats anymore..."
She said and grinned before you helped her down to sit on the sofa.
"But yes, I will be back on my feet in twenty to forty minutes Mr Horton said so then I will be able to help out...a Etherite healer, who would have thought..."
The Euthanatos muttered.

"Yes; there was a part of it that knew what it had become, what had been done to it...the horror of that. And the feeling it brought first was destruction but that part was saddened."

"It would have been kinder if it had not known...what it have become."
The young death magus muttered.
"It is just terrible....I know that woman and her soul is our enemy and I want them gone but I can not help but also pity them."
She whispered.

He helped her over to the couch in the room. "We will, we cannot allow them to destroy the world, the people and spirits here, or our paths to glory because they have lost their way. Whatever we do, we have to hold onto hope, however that manifests for each of us. Your man within survives until the time it is right to turn the glass over, that's the way it's supposed to be."

"No we...can not let them have their way."
Francesca muttered as she laid down on the sofa.
"If it was just themselves, if they wanted to end their path that way, to stop existing I would find it a sad path but it would be up to them but when they decide to force it on others, that is unacceptable. Yes sometimes someone dies and while death itself is not scary to me, I hate it when it causes others pain and I hate not being able to see loved ones and friends again, but i any of us die to preserve the world for others it would be worth it...and we are going to stop them...for us, for all we love, for the rest of the world and the other worlds and the spirits...and those who live inside of us that need a world to be reborn in, we need to protect that...and we will..."
The young death magus said sounding determined even if she still looked rather shook up and tired.
"We will stop them."

He looked speculative as Adjan told her that it could be killed, digging around in his thoughts briefly. "Please let us know if you need anything then, we'll be in the Chief's office. If you think of anything that can help with the situation, let us know," he said to Fran.

"I will let you know. I think I have said all I remember Adley but I have been in fights before that have gone badly and there are times where your brain just do not work for a while afterwards and then you remember things after a while, if that happens I will let you know."
Fran said and gave you a slight smile. Adjan still gave her a worried look.

Then unexpectedly he found himself giving her a world class awkward half-hug as he let her go,

Francesca returned the hug looking a bit surprised before she settled down on the sofa to relax until Alex's serum had done it's job and repaired her injuries, it was probably a smart way to do healing for lesser injuries as the body would not get so much of a shock as when bone and flesh knitted itself together at once, it was the young Euthanatos' mind more than her hurt shoulder and leg that needed a moment to rest though, it was clear that twisted soul had scared her quite a bit.

then moved over to towards the door, a frown lingering on his face. "Adjan, if you wouldn't mind coming with me?"

Adjan gave Francesca another concerned look then he nodded and came out of the room with you.
"Sure my friend."
He said as Fran called after the pair of you.
"Thanks for helping me up her both of you."
Before the door was closed.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:14 am

"This is anyway a minor concern at the moment, first we have to actually win, then we can consider what to do with potential spoils of war, including the structure of the Labyrinth itself."

"Yes, agreed."

"About eight years ago, and yes it is terrible, traveling in the Umbra can at times be very dangerous Sodalis."

He gave a short nod at that.

/sitting room/

"Yes it...felt like a spirit but was not one and it filled the area with such a feeling of despair, but it is almost as if it was half spirit and half Avatar, not that I have ever heard of anything like that happening, and I do not see how it could be."

"I have suspicions but it's behavior is...unique."

Francesca gave a bit of a laugh and winced a little. "Well you would be adorable both of you little little nurse's uniforms...then again you do know there are male nurses now and no one wears those hats anymore..." She said and grinned before you helped her down to sit on the sofa.

"Oh, yes I know there are male nurses now," he said with an amused look in her general direction. Then he added, "But no one wears those hats anymore?" he repeated. "Ah well."

"It would have been kinder if it had not known...what it have become." The young death magus muttered. "It is just terrible....I know that woman and her soul is our enemy and I want them gone but I can not help but also pity them." She whispered.

"Given the circumstances, yes...they may be pitiable but they are as dangerous for all of that. Unfortunately."

"I will let you know. I think I have said all I remember Adley but I have been in fights before that have gone badly and there are times where your brain just do not work for a while afterwards and then you remember things after a while, if that happens I will let you know."

He looked at her and then sighed, looking away. "Yes, something like that has happened to me before. I...wish it were not so...but it has."

"Sure my friend." He said as Fran called after the pair of you. "Thanks for helping me up her both of you." Before the door was closed.

"Of course," he said to her. "Colin also wanted me to tell you he wishes you speedy recovery. Take care." He shut the door and frowned at it and then Adjan before heading towards the Chief's office again. "I hope she will be alright. Are you alright?" he asked, as they headed down the hall, glancing at him.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:14 am

Joakim's office:

"Yes, agreed."

Joakim gave a nod.
"For now let us figure out how to be victorious first."

Sitting room:

"I have suspicions but it's behavior is...unique."

"I certainly hope so, I would not like there to be more than one critter like that in existence."
Francesca said and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, yes I know there are male nurses now," he said with an amused look in her general direction. Then he added, "But no one wears those hats anymore?" he repeated. "Ah well."

"No one use them for nursing at least."
Francesca said with an grin.
"I am sure there are ehm...other reasons someone might wear one."

"Given the circumstances, yes...they may be pitiable but they are as dangerous for all of that. Unfortunately."

"Off course I did not say we should not take them down...if we are able to do so, only that it is...sad you know that someone...have done something like that to themselves...it is just sad."
Fran muttered and glanced up at you.
"Just sad..."
She repeated.

He looked at her and then sighed, looking away. "Yes, something like that has happened to me before. I...wish it were not so...but it has."

"Yeah...it sucks, there is not many other ways to describe it is there."
The young Euthanathos muttered and looked up and you before looking down.
"But yes it is like one's mind just go...numb for a while."
She added softly.
"And I wish it had not happened to either of us but things like that do happen when one live in a bloody war."

"Of course," he said to her. "Colin also wanted me to tell you he wishes you speedy recovery. Take care."

"Oh I am sure Mr Horton's purple goop in a bottle will make sure of that. Thank Colin for me I am sure I will be down and able to help out soon."
Fran said before you closed the door.

He shut the door and frowned at it and then Adjan before heading towards the Chief's office again. "I hope she will be alright. Are you alright?" he asked, as they headed down the hall, glancing at him.

Adjan gave a concerned nod and sigh.
"She is a tough cookie but so much have happened, she nearly died yesterday, this today and her Cabalmate was shot I do worry about Fran but I am sure she will be fine."
The death magus said as he went with you towards the Chief's office he looked down for a moment at your second question.
"I will be. I was not seriously hurt, but seeing that thing, and utterly failing to protect anyone have left me rather shaken, I will be fine however but damn that thing it...well I guess being humbled might be good for my spiritual growth."
He said softly.
"I never realized just how much raw power Avatars give up to be a part of us. I wonder what they are, what they truly are..."
He said with a bit of wonder in his voice then he shook his head.
"Well no matter let us focus on finding a way of beating that woman and her twisted soul."
The Euthanatos said as the two of you reached Chief Joakim's door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:44 pm

"I certainly hope so, I would not like there to be more than one critter like that in existence." Francesca said and raised an eyebrow.

"That's an unpleasant thought i don't want to entertain."

"No one use them for nursing at least." Francesca said with an grin. "I am sure there are ehm...other reasons someone might wear one."

Adley looked at her and the tips of his ears went pink. Then he gave her another amused look. "Next you'll be telling me that the pizza man only brings you pizzas," he teased.

"Off course I did not say we should not take them down...if we are able to do so, only that it is...sad you know that someone...have done something like that to themselves...it is just sad." Fran muttered and glanced up at you. "Just sad..."

"Yes...much of what I've learned over the last few days of the Nephandi's go-to maneuvers ends in sadness for someone."

"She is a tough cookie but so much have happened, she nearly died yesterday, this today and her Cabalmate was shot I do worry about Fran but I am sure she will be fine."

"Yes, so much has happened...and more to come. As she said, things like this do happen when you live in a war."

"I will be. I was not seriously hurt, but seeing that thing, and utterly failing to protect anyone have left me rather shaken, I will be fine however but damn that thing it...well I guess being humbled might be good for my spiritual growth." He said softly. "I never realized just how much raw power Avatars give up to be a part of us. I wonder what they are, what they truly are..." He said with a bit of wonder in his voice then he shook his head. "Well no matter let us focus on finding a way of beating that woman and her twisted soul."

"Some of that power was ill-begotten...in some ways I think it actually lessened her true power, of what her avatar could be once it reached its...well I won't say pinnacle of potential as that's not appropriate to Nephandi. Nadir? But it has made her devastatingly effective within her range. It is good I think to wonder...to try to find out at least within relation to ourselves. If we forget that it's easy to become locked into what is known. Which is a good place to start but not to end up..." He reached out and knocked on the door.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:15 pm

"That's an unpleasant thought i don't want to entertain."

"No...let us not entertain the notion of that."
Fran muttered and Adjan shook his head and did not look like the thought made him happy.

Adley looked at her and the tips of his ears went pink. Then he gave her another amused look. "Next you'll be telling me that the pizza man only brings you pizzas," he teased.

The Euthanatos gave you an amused grin.
"That depends on the type of pizza place you have ordered from, some do indeed come with extra."
She said and gave a slight giggle which lead to a wince.
"Laughing not recommended it seams."
She griped.

"Yes...much of what I've learned over the last few days of the Nephandi's go-to maneuvers ends in sadness for someone."

All humor drained from Francesca's face and she gave a sigh and nodded.
"Yes they...seam to have a knack for that...sadness."
She muttered softly.

"Yes, so much has happened...and more to come. As she said, things like this do happen when you live in a war."

Adjan sigh and descended the stairs to the first floor in silence for a while before he said.
"Yeah...I wonder if it will ever end, this war of ours, or if it is something our apprentices, and theirs again will have to deal with as well..."
The death magus looked rather frustrated as he spoke.
"Well for now there is no other choice we have to fight to defend ourselves, and everyone else."

"Some of that power was ill-begotten...in some ways I think it actually lessened her true power, of what her avatar could be once it reached its...well I won't say pinnacle of potential as that's not appropriate to Nephandi.

"Yes I did not see the girl herself work much magick, she summoned some spirits to give her Avatar the few moments it needed to get out of her flesh and then it...well wiped the floor with us but I suspect you are right my friend that such a transformation have left it unable to reacher it's higher potential."
Adjan said and nodded.

Nadir? But it has made her devastatingly effective within her range. It is good I think to wonder...to try to find out at least within relation to ourselves. If we forget that it's easy to become locked into what is known. Which is a good place to start but not to end up..." He reached out and knocked on the door.

"Ah yes she is effective alright..."
The Euthanathos muttered darkly.
"Yes you are right it is good to wonder, even if we might never fully get an answer to what our souls are, perhaps in searching for that answer we will find the questions we need to ask to reach further."
He mushed as Joakim opened the door.
"Come in gentlemen."
He said and indicated you and Adjan should step into his office.

Colin after a few minutes Adley returns with Adjan in tow. The Euthanatos Adept gave you a nod, there where only two chairs in front of the small desk so he elected to stand leaned against a wall.
"Lady Crexia and Master Harris are on their way."
Joakim said as he closed the door to his office.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:33 am

"No that would be quite unfortunate Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said with a concerned look at his face.
"That is why I wanted to deal with Miss Carlyle before we attacked the Labyrinth, but now we will have to deal with both at the same time..."
Colin nodded, "Hopefully, we'll be able to divide and conquer rather than get ourselves surrounded..."

"Indeed we could, and I will make sure that if that should happen your own Chantry would get it's share, however while that would be quite nice the most important thing is to stop this Labyrinth and make sure a new one do not crop up. Nephandi are like rats you can wipe them out but unless you get rid of the unpleasant conditions they thrive in you will just end up with new ones.""
He said and frowned.
He smiled thinly, "And that's why I think repurposing the area for us would be preferable to just filling it with concrete. Concrete can be chipped away, and if the Nodes remain, the Fallen will likely know about their condition, making the excavation of the place a tempting project for them... And who would be patient enough to watch over a concrete lump?"

"You might meet him when we go for the Labyrinth then Mr Wainwright, be aware though that he is not like Lady Crexia he is much more what you would expect from what he is."
"Well, I believe Lady Crexia mentioned as much. I gather he's a wonderfully academic personality, though."

"Obviously, a thorough purge would be necessary - but it might freshen that part of the city as an added bonus. A bit more vitality suddenly popping up in a desolate area would be a good thing."

"Yes your tricks do seam to be particularly dirty for such a gentle man..."
The hedge wizard said and frowned.
"Do feel free to use our Node chamber to meditate if you so please."
He grimaced, "I know... I believe Nietzche said something to the effect of a man not being able to respect himself until he is capable of great evil. I posit that he got that one half-right; a man can't truly respect himself until he's capable of great evil and of finding and choosing alternatives to such acts. I am able to do truly wretched things - I've done them unwittingly, and I will have done them deliberately, but I hate who I am in those moments... even if it's the last resort to save others; whether that is ten people I care about or a random person on the street... I pray we can pull off the induced timeskip... I truly do. As for using the Node chamber... I think I might be as well served by thinking here, actually; in this case, it would not do to separate one person to think while the others plan. Someone might raise a suggestion that will set my mind off in a new direction with high potential, or ask a question I can answer quickly..."

"Hum...I think Master William might have some heavily Static Tass, such energies tend to show up around his kind and then there is off course Miss Kelly's ship, but there is a whole lot of shit in that..."
Joakim said and frowned again.
"I do not think she want that Tass though but...ah yes you might not have been told. Miss Kelly was taught by her father, a venerable old Etherine, Dr Norton Kelly, however one day he set out with his crew on the Umbral ship Mary's Serafina, three months passed and the Serafina did not show up again when it should...later an Umbral traveler found it floating...derelict. Dr Kelly was the only survivor but he was deep in a Jhor Quiet that he have never woken from...Miss Kelly inherited the ship but none have dared to set foot in it since the dead and Dr Kelly was recovered from it. The horrible even was covered quite extensively by the Paradigma. The Serafina is still docked at the Chicago Umbral port but I am not sure you would want contact with the Tass in it's engines though."
Joakim said with a dark look in his eyes as he spoke of the unfortunate ship.
He frowned, "I've never heard of that... Ah, I'm not really acquainted with that magazine, so that would presumably reduce my chances of hearing of it. Hm, perhaps I should take out a subscription when I visit Horizon? Ah, I would not want to impose on any of Master William's stockpile, if he uses such Tass, but if he'd rather avoid it, I can employ it to, hm, great tactical effect, at least. As for the... Serafina? I expect I could employ such Tass without direct contact, though I might need some research time to figure out how to extricate it from the engines. Hum... I might be interested in taking a look at the craft later, though; I might be able to figure out something about cleaning the engine up - but that should best be left for later, unless there's a way to bring the engine along as a makeshift bomb - which I expect would be considered a bit excessive."

"Perhaps but I think I would rather give clean Quintessence to our best teleporter, he is the one who is going to have to haul our oh so magical behinds out of the fire if things gets to hot and we have no other choice but to flee after all."
He nodded, "This is a very good point - still, he knows how to remotely use Quintessence; that can be an immense boon, if he were able to tap into the Nodes or Tass stores in the Labyrinth for long-range support. Nevertheless, taking stock of less appealing Tass reserves could well be a good idea."

"I hope so," he agreed. "I'm going to bring someone back to help us with that." He noted the look on his face and skirted to one side, then put out a hand to grasp his arm near the shoulder.
He froze for a moment as Adley gripped his arm, then exhaled and nodded, "Please bring back a working plan B, Adley... I don't want to go ahead with the last resort - I will, if it truly is the last resort, but I don't want to..."

"Resonated in which manner? Entropic? or tainted by foul Qlippothic magick?"
"Any manner, actually, though I think we all would prefer as little tainted Tass as possible. If I can teach my rote to, say, three others before we go - it is a simple trick, after all - we suddenly have a lot more power in our corner for the assault than if we were forced to rely on only balanced and personal Quintessence. I don't know about you, but I would rather have four full magazines of 'dirty' bullets that will work well in my gun, than just a single magazine of even Primium rounds when I know I'm going into battle with an unclear number of hostiles. Especially when I know the number of hostiles will be higher than the number of rounds in the magazine..."

"For now let us figure out how to be victorious first."
Colin nodded, "That's the embuggerance of remembering fragments of a future - I remember that we had won, but I don't remember how... or what we lost. First the battle, and we can clean and sort the spoils of war later."

He sighed and, after Adley left, looked over the maps of the Labyrinth again, thinking carefully on something he realized he'd not considered before - guard patrols. The Fallen weren't stupid, and they would likely have guards posted or patrolling certain more sensitive areas of the Labyrinth; under the circumstances, probably at least one pawn stationed near each Node, as well as someone keeping an eye on the cells, and likely stronger defenses near the center... He started taking some new notes on a blank page, scrawling down what he gathered to be the most likely patrolling patterns he could guess at.

Colin after a few minutes Adley returns with Adjan in tow. The Euthanatos Adept gave you a nod, there where only two chairs in front of the small desk so he elected to stand leaned against a wall.
"Lady Crexia and Master Harris are on their way."
Joakim said as he closed the door to his office.
Colin looked up from the maps briefly and nodded back to Adjan, "How is miss Mandis faring? On the mend, I hope?"

((OOC: I'm thinking Leadership or Streetwise would be the most appropriate skills for guessing the patrols, but with no points in either, I guess it's just a straight Int roll, anyway - 3,5,7,8. I hope that gives something useful, at least...))

((OOC: Board game night yesterday, D&D Adventurers' League today, and WAY too many Facebook updates to plow through quickly... Also, as a silly idea, a Blink Dog/Displacer Beast hybrid? It would be horrible to try to fight that thing...))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top