Casting Calls & Theme Songs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Casting Calls & Theme Songs

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Fun thread to post collected ideas for 'casting' characters & NPCs, theme songs and other errata.  I'll start with the ones I already posted in thread and some others I thought of, feel free to comment & post : )

Casting Call/Fclaims:

Bee: Emily Browning (with short hair)
Chief Morgan: Amr Waked as in Lucy (with longer hair, bit older)
Carmon: Francois Arnauld from the Borgias, or Michael Sheen in Underworld
Kyle: Jonathan Whitesell as (ironically) Kyle in the X-files
Adjan: Cary Elwes in Saw (longer hair, but younger and thinner)
Fran: Kat Dennings in Suburban Gothic
Alphonse Dupuis: Oliver Martinez
Narim: James Floyd or Biswa Kalyan Rath
Hildegaard: Blythe Danner
Amadeus: Christopher Lee or Donald Sutherland
Jerome: Corey Hawkins as Heath in the Walking Dead

Songs:

For the current arc I would probably pick Phantogram, song: Black out Days and/or maybe High Hopes, by Pink Floyd.
The Nephandi can have Kaleo's Way Down we Go and Robert DeLong's Long Way Down.
Adley & Bee, Future Islands, song: Haunted By You for all their reincarnation shenanigans
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Casting Calls & Theme Songs

Post by Warpmind on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:31 pm

Disputing Amadeus Nassa; I think Ian McKellen would be better. Sutherland, I think, could be a better fit for George Steelhaven. Christopher Lee would be brilliant as Master Tolle.

For Colin, I would pick Colin Firth (with substantial facial scarring), and this song: - dude's been *busy* pulling strings to get people to cooperate and coordinate lately, and just might get even deeper into that business...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:53 am

The pick for Kyle is spot on. For Adjan the name who's name I had forgotten we where going to starve would actually be closer. For Fran that works very well just give her ringlet curls. Oliver Martinez for Alphonse works well just make him more banged up and with a bad eye. Blythe Danner for Hildegard works just give her short hair. Amadeus is more Ian McKellen just younger and with very long blond hair. Ian McKellen if he was a young hippie. Corey Hawkins for Jerome works perfectly just with longer hair, well he have a part with longer hair, this works well but his hair is a bit darker and he do not use glasses.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/5/5a/Season_six_heath_(2).png/revision/latest?cb=20160307015333

As for George Steelhaven Sourtherland could work though he is hard to find a match to as he looks young but have the mannerisms of an old man.

As for songs, when desiging Bee I listened to Shot in the Dark from Within Temptations and Once Upon a December from the cartoon Anastasia.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:26 am

Lol, poor starving Adam Driver, cast as Adjan.

Ian McClellan is defo good for Amadeus, I could swap Lee for Master Tolle : )

Colin Firth, now I have a visual for Colin to base off of, awesome. I have a hard time for George Steelhaven, since he looks younger than he is by a lot. I kind of see him as looking mild mannered. Maybe Jeremy Renner or Woody Harrleson...when he still had more hair on top.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:31 am

Hum, George looks younger - then we use TWO Sutherlands: Donald and Kiefer. They look very much alike (being father and son), but Donald certainly has the more senior mannerisms that Kiefer lacks... So the elder Sutherland for motion capture and dialogue, the younger for the physical appearance?

And yeah, Colin Firth in Kingsmen was the primary inspiration (hence the name) for Colin. Minus the fancy gadgets. Wink
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:40 pm

Christopher Lee for Master Tolle works very well if he was black, but Lee with darker skin would be pretty similar.

That is a good visual for Colin.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Hm...maybe Idis Elba or Sidney Poitier if you wanted someone older for Tolle?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:59 pm

Of the two, Poitier, definitely. Elba has too much... how to put it... youthful emotion and vigor in everything I've seen him in. However, what about Samuel L. Jackson? The man has the necessary force of personality and emotional detachment in his repertoire.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Sidney Poitier would work well if he only had hair in a circle around his head, other than the actor having a bit to much hair he looks perfectly like Master Tolle.

As an actor Jackson would be able to portray Tolle much better, but he is far to beefy, Tolle is an old, tall thin man that is starting to look a bit frail with age, though he still have a presence in a room and act with authority.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top